Speaker 1: Summit right there with the encore Tyler yahwehs on there.
Speaker 2: It's funny how you called it the encore because you guys actually went to the encore afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's a gambler, yep.
Speaker 3: Yep, he was looking forward to going there after. Bro, That's kind of how it kind of made sense to call it that for sure.
Speaker 2: Yo, when we went to the encore together, like, he just sat down and he was not getting up for a while.
Speaker 1: Man, that dude knows how to play. He likes to play. Yeah, it was a great time, bro.
Speaker 3: We had a blast out there, for sure.
Speaker 2: We got a summit in here right now. You also have this other song that I saw the video for Volunteer. Yes, So when you do songs like that, is that coming from place of experience? How vulnerable are you when it comes to these records, Like how much of your life are you ready to put out there if you haven't already for the public to just be able to, you know, dissect you.
Speaker 3: All of my music comes from direct experience or like someone very very close encounter or something. And in the in terms of the Volunteer video, we were basically trying to convey some some scenarios that showed people in need of help or in need of hope. So we were kind of trying to think of like some like I'm not saying that I've dealt with all of those directly or anything like that, but just think of some scenarios that kind of hit close to home and just trying to have some kind of healing moment present. And that was kind of the concept of the video.
Speaker 2: I feel like that area definitely every time I've gone there. It's definitely like everywhere you go unfortunately, right, So it's definitely in your eyesight all the time out there, right. What when it comes to making records like that, and you know, obviously you might know somebody that's personally going through it.
Speaker 1: What some of the reactions do you get? Reactions? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Fortunately, all positive, Like the reactions to that video specifically, like people like reach out and say it's their favorite video or something that really moved them or you know, in that video specifically, I had a lot of people that are close to me, like in real life actually in the video. So that makes it a little bit more special too, and I think that makes them a little bit more proud of of what they were a part of too.
Speaker 1: That's what some man, some, it's in here right now.
Speaker 2: Obviously getting to another level you know, been working for for a minute. Now, what's the goal besides being rich and famous and you know.
Speaker 3: Right no, the real goal is just being able to do something that I love, that provides a life and opportunity for the people that I love.
Speaker 1: That's what's suthing, Man. Your socials and everything like that is all s U M I T.
Speaker 3: S U M I T Music Official that's me on Instagram and TikTok, and then it's Summit Music Official channel on YouTube.
Speaker 1: That's what man, Some it's in here right now.
Speaker 2: Obviously in the Boston area, we know, you know what we look like and what we sound like. You know, it's a lot of different people here, you know, like you know, and obviously the rap game is a certain place. I think it's definitely changed up now, but still you live in a world of social media, whereas anybody outside of Boston, there's constructive criticism, criticism, and then now there's destructive criticism. How are you okay with getting both that love, especially the destructive one.
Speaker 3: I think that to accept criticism you've got to qualify somebody and somebody needs to be qualified to give you criticism, and how you discern those qualifications are going to determine how thicker thin your skin is. So un fortunate that I work on my brother and my best friend who will tell me straight about anything and he doesn't sugarcoat anything. And I've developed thick skin over just over the years. And I have people like yourself and like e Double who are qualified, highly qualified to give me feedback and they give me criticism. So it's basically just considered the source, you know.
Speaker 2: So all the nasty noise out there, is it hard to ignore? Or do you get nasty noise out there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, it's not hard to ignore, only in the sense where it's it's not like I want to prove something to that person. I just want them to know something that they're not that they're missing, they're not getting it, you know what I mean, Because I don't think that they would talk or behave that way had they known me in a certain way or whatever, like you know what I mean. It's just that in front of you, yeah, yeah exactly, or if they would just face to face, just probably wouldn't be inclined to talk like that. So it's it's stuff like that, but you can't take it too seriously. When you click on the and they don't have any followers and it's not even a picture of them, it's like there's no accountability, right, So why why you even give it that kind of creedom.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how people can live in that energy right now where it I feel like people are doing that more just to get a reaction.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can't, like, you know, I don't even I've done interviews where literally something could have gone TMC and I take it out of the interview, you know what I mean, Because I'm just like, I don't want that energy.
Speaker 1: I don't never want to be part of that, you know what I mean? But people just live like that.
Speaker 3: I can't understand it either. Bro. I like to say, like, I make music for everybody, but I definitely don't make music for the people who like to troll anonymously anonymously on the internet. Those are not my kind of people, you know what I mean. So yeah, I really don't understand dedicating me a time to that at all.
Speaker 2: I like what you said, though, you got to you gotta take criticism from people that are actually worth that have put in that work or above you or whatever, like you know, they have paid the way basically, they don't listen right right, yeah, no, at.
Speaker 3: Least are invested like intellectually into what they're saying, right and not just talking just to talk, right. No.
Speaker 2: I love that right there, man, someone's in here right now. I appreciate you taking the time. And again, I really appreciate you, like you know, every time we run into each other. You've never forced me with your music. And I love the way this happened. And everyone that's listening in right now, that's always you know, kind of like to educate Boston at the same time, right, you know, you put in that work. Go look him up right now. You go see his numbers, and it's not a numbers game, but it is a numbers game. You've got to put in some work. So thank you for what you've been doing. You've been you've been working at it for a long time, and you know you've got to a threshold where now hopefully we could take you to another level and then you're going to get to another level from that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So what do you want to tell Boston man? I know they've they've had you back for a long time, Boston. Thank you for tuning in, Thank you for listening and supporting me. They locked in with me because we've got more heat on the way and it's only up from here at your boy summit. Ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely put in work, man.
Speaker 2: I remember about that twenty three week project that you did, Man, that was a.
Speaker 3: Few three Yeah, yeah, twenty three weeks in a row.
Speaker 1: We dropped this long. Would you do that again something like that again? Yeah, if it made sense for sure? Yeah, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: We're learning new ways to you know, get as much music out there as possible and also do quality control and just learning the game bro and just what works and stuff like that. If there was ever a time where it would be like, hey, bro, we got thirty weeks. You need you, we need thirty tracks, but I would take it as a challenge and not doing I.
Speaker 2: Love what you said though, quality though, right, A lot of people are getting their quantity over quality lost, right, you know, and there's just too much quantity out there right now, so you definitely got to put that quality in there.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, just making it make sense, like what is this song, what is the purpose for this song right now.
Speaker 1: And what we got coming up in the albums and we are we working on singles? Are we having dropping album?
Speaker 3: We got a project coming out this year.
Speaker 1: It's called Discovery Mode.
Speaker 3: It's some of the best work that I have a lot of collaborations on there, a lot of personal music, very easy listening vibe, a lot of big names on there I'm excited about. And some singles before that will be dropping as well.
Speaker 1: That's what's up, man. Thank you for coming out to my Benefiticihal a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: Man magulations on that.
Speaker 1: Thank you man.
Speaker 2: The next one is going to be for I think I told you off air, But next one's going forward is going to be for music programs in schools in Boston. So if the lineup fits, I would love to have you for that too, and for you to come out on it and give give.
Speaker 1: Back a little bit.
Speaker 3: That one be on it, Bro, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: There it is, Man, Send it to your boy pup Doc. Thank you so much, Bro, Thank you Paup.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Brother,