Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning. This is something I want you to listen up for, okay, because I think this is something that could actually save your life or possibly a family member's life. So this weekend, actually it was Saturday, Chelsea and I were out getting something to eat for lunch. And while we were there and you know, waiting for our food to come, her phone let out a huge, like buzzing noise, you know, the noise that you get when they set.
Speaker 2: Off an amber alert. It's like the noise and it just cracky loud.
Speaker 1: It gets you and you can't mute those like those noises aren't even if your phone is muted, it just will not mute. And I'm thinking, wow, I didn't get one of those, you know, I get like like a little sad I didn't get something.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Do you ever have that happen to you where you get a little fomo? Yeah of that? Well, thank god I didn't get one of these. But she got it.
Speaker 1: Her alert went off on her iPhone because Chelsea was the emergency contact for her dad, Joe. It went off and this is what it read. It read something to the extent of U you are the emergency contact for Joe Micletty. He was in a car accident and on his way to the hospital. It like alerted her phone that he get called nine one one, and nine one one basically was coming or was transporting.
Speaker 4: That works if you call nine one one.
Speaker 2: I believe that there did he have to switch the alert. It's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I believe that there's got to be something to that. Well, I didn't realize that there is this whole emergency contact thing on iPhones. Really, yeah, I didn't realize that. And actually, in a second here, I'll tell you something kind of funny with that. Do you have your emergency contact set up? I believe I do. I'm checking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you find them?
Speaker 4: You have to so in somebody's profile. So like here's, oh, shoot, I'm calling my sister Jacqueline. Just go in and yeah, see how you can you can hit emergency contacts as my sisters an emergency contact for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not have anybody in my emergency contacts. And actually you can actually have them in there, and you having multiple people in there, and you can even put in there, which I found out from after this. If you have any like heart issues or any allergies or anythings that you know they don't know about, because that those are important with a lot of people, especially you know, like I didn't realize this, but I could have put in there that I had the aortic aneurysm, which is important because you don't want somebody trying to give you CPR if you had you know that as one of your issues. But so, long story short, her dad was in a car accident was sent to the hospital.
Speaker 2: This is the worst part about it.
Speaker 1: We kept trying to or she kept trying to call him and kind of started freaking out. I mean it, you know, he's over in Arizona, so it's it's a distance away, and she didn't want to call her mom right away and worry her because she wanted to make sure that her dad was okay and it could just been a mistake or whatever. But he did get taken to the hospital. Thank god, he's okay. But it brings up something interesting. Who is your emergency contact? And why is it that when my wife went into hers to show me how to do the emergency contact because I didn't have mindset up.
Speaker 2: I'm not one of.
Speaker 1: Her no, stop, really, she has her mom, Mary and her best buddy Jenny as her emergency context Did you ask her.
Speaker 2: Why you weren't?
Speaker 1: I think that she set it up when Chelse and I were not in the greatest of times, because Jenny would have definitely been because she was spending a lot of time, you know, in Arizona, and Jenny lives in Arizona, which I actually said to her, I go, that makes no sense that you didn't have like a local person here because you know, like even your dad, and I guess her dad has as his emergency contexts Chelsea and Chelsea's mom, So Chelsea's mom got one of those alerts too.
Speaker 2: But it's crazy, though. Can you imagine that I'll just checked.
Speaker 5: Mom, and I have my dad in there with my mom, and I just added a couple more people, But you also got to make sure that person hasn't changed their number because I had an old number for my dad in there. Could you imagine that it is nowhere into the ABYSS.
Speaker 1: Or responsible enough to actually be an emergency contact, because there's some people that would put like a friend on there, and their friend would be like, I'm busy, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Eve? What's happening? Is Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 6: Hi. I work with elderly patients and I oftentimes tell them to make sure to set up their emergency contacts because as something happened they were found unresponsive. First emergency alert people can go to their phone, they can type on the emergency contact area without having to unlock their phone and find out who they are, their medications, their medical conditions, and who to contact. Is super super important, especially for old people to have that setup.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny is when I go to the doctor's office eve and they'll I'll give you that form to fill out and we'll ask you who your emergency contact. I almost disregard it, Like I almost go, you know, Chelsea, and I write down whatever the dell's not thinking about it because I'm thinking, I'm going to the doctor.
Speaker 2: You're the emergency person.
Speaker 1: But with that said, if God forbid, you're you know, there at the doctor and something happens to you and somebody's got to make a decision. Yeah, you got to have somebody there to do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you had people pass out in my room and we've we've had to contact the MS.
Speaker 2: Are there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, super important.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the call.
Speaker 1: Are there any people that have ever had to have them go for the like Chelsea, what happened to her?
Speaker 2: Or the alert went off? Like what'd you do?
Speaker 1: Also, and if you got one of those alerts, I want you to call us up and tell us at eight four to four Mojo Live.
Speaker 2: And if you're somebody that has somebody other than your husband.
Speaker 4: Or wife, why if you had to pick somebody on the show to be your emergency contact, you couldn't pick anybody outside of the show.
Speaker 2: Who would it be? Lydia? That's what I would pick it? Would you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would pick Lydia because she answers. She answers emails faster than any human being I've ever.
Speaker 5: Seen texts outside of Lydia.
Speaker 2: I will pick Shannon. Okay, I take care of you. I feel like, yeah, I feel like you're You're a mom.
Speaker 5: You take care of a lot of things, you wear a lot of hats. I feel like you would be a good person. What if you were busy, Shannon, would you like.
Speaker 4: Somebody who was having an emergency?
Speaker 2: I would not be busy.
Speaker 1: What if you were at It's Smith or Lucy's swim doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Are you always picking up the phone though? That's what I'm thinking to text Shannon, it says on her machine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but nobody listens to that.
Speaker 2: Text me for more responsiveness.
Speaker 4: Could you say that please don't leave a message? Would you pick I will be faster?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe Lydia because she does pick up the phone, would definitely not pick him. Oh heck no, how did I get in this?
Speaker 1: Because she's the closest one to you?
Speaker 2: If you want to wait forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: For Lydia to go, Kevin never answers text on time going time? He answers text on time? Is that you send them something that says that it's a good lebron story. He'll answer that one right now. That's a rare text, Lydia. Who would you choose be cause you're the chosen one.
Speaker 8: It's either you or Tony Forgot. Yeah, you think that you would answer me under all circumstances.
Speaker 2: You think would be like I'm hanging out with Bryce. I'd give you one second, bro, what's going on? Don Hi?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 6: Good morning.
Speaker 7: We had unfortunately in a sad accident with ours like that, emergency contact was set up and my sister in law had it.
Speaker 2: It alerted her children and her daughter.
Speaker 7: Rushed to the scene because it tells you exactly where it's at.
Speaker 2: Chelsea said, my sister in law had.
Speaker 7: Passed away in the accident, and that's how she found out.
Speaker 3: And it made me question if I wanted my kids as an as an emergency contact, because what if they show up and they find.
Speaker 1: That Well, I mean, yeah, I mean that's the worst case scenario. But don't you at least want your kids to know what's going on with you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I'd rather somebody contact them then them come to the.
Speaker 3: Scene and find out that I'm there like that. I think.
Speaker 1: I don't know if any if any way of finding out that your mom's dead would be bad. But that's that's a horrible story. Now, Lisa, what's up, Lisa. It's Mojo in the morning. Hey, Hi, Lisa, Lisa.
Speaker 7: Hi, I had a similar situation happened, but a little different. I had lost my phone out of bars actually on New Year's Eve, and whoever picked up my phone either got to like a car crash or I'm thinking they'd probably threw the phone out out of the window. And my mom got alert like three o'clock in the morning saying I was in a car crash in it's central of the location and also notified the police.
Speaker 2: Oh man, man.
Speaker 7: Everyone will streaks out me out of this accident or like drive to the scene. But really, I just somebody that took my phones and uh like threw off the car window.
Speaker 4: Like I have on Star that comes with my view wick, and I think it automatically will alert the police if you are in an accident. Yes, if the car reads like you are in an accident, but we'll call the police immediately.
Speaker 1: But like Lisa was saying, I think that if there is a major event with your phone, I think your phone also can detect it too.
Speaker 4: And automatically calls.
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I believe that you would just like drop it on the ground right, Well you know what I mean. Like that happens all day every day to people out of your pocket on the roller coast.
Speaker 2: I think they kind of can tell. I don't know how. I don't know. I could be wrong. What's up, Brandy, how you doing?
Speaker 9: Hi? I was just calling about the emergency contact on file at the doctor's office. Yes, I work in a pharmacy and we had a patient come in one time, a regular so excited about his upcoming dental surgery, and we were all happy for him, and he never came back, and we later found out that during his dental surgery he had a medical emergency and passed away right in the dentist chair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if they didn't have an emergency contact for him, he'd still be sitting there right exactly.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, I guess, even though you're at a medical facility, it's probably so important to have.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine being in the dentist chair right next to the guy that dies in the dentist chair?
Speaker 2: How did he die in a dentist chair?
Speaker 9: That's right?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 7: Yeah, crazy, yep.
Speaker 9: So I guess you need a contact even at the doctor.
Speaker 2: Put it in there. Cassidy, what's going on? Cassidy?
Speaker 10: Hi, first time, long time.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 10: I was my brother's emergency contact in high school and I used to pull him to school. I used to call him and say, oh, you know, there's something going on, and I would get him out of class all the time.
Speaker 2: What would you guys do when you're on him out of class?
Speaker 10: Not that he just didn't want to be in He didn't want to be in class, you know, he would call your junior, just didn't care. Yeah, he called me. He texted me and say, hey, I want to get pulled out. I want to say, hey, there's something going on. Yep, I got to pull them out.
Speaker 2: So you're a good one.
Speaker 1: Would you also sign his bad grade tests that they would send home?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd do anything, Chris, what a sister? What's up?
Speaker 3: Ash?
Speaker 2: High?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: I was just calling about a situation with getting in a car accident and your phone like calling the police. I was in a really bad accident and all my airbags went off, my glasses flew off. My phone was somewhere in the car, and I don't know.
Speaker 7: I couldn't find it. Also, it was really dark out, so my phone did.
Speaker 3: Automatically call the police, and thank god it did because I wouldn't have been able to find my phone or.
Speaker 1: Yea for these iPhones, Man, the technology on these things. And you're okay, you're doing okay, Ash?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I am.
Speaker 3: This was a few years ago, but honestly, like, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 7: Was set up.
Speaker 3: So the fact that it was and it was there for me when I needed it was incredible.
Speaker 1: My phone emergency contact is David Feminine, Call my lawyer. I've been in an accident. What's going on, Kyle high.
Speaker 11: Hey, So, once upon a time, like back in high school, I had Sie nicknamed me daddy as a joke, and uh, I got into a car accident a few years ago, and it sent a text message to my dad, my mom, and my wife that Daddy was in an accident and needs help.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Kyle, who who is my dad?
Speaker 11: My dad was like, your phone was calling me daddy. I'm like, no, it was calling me