Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham the Grand American and welcomed this. A Wednesday afternoon in the tri State, the weather is perking once again, but Saturday and Sunday rain is predicted.
Speaker 2: Plus tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: The Steelers in town, the Bengalley's are what two and four they win the next three games or five and four? They were five and four when they went to the Super Bowl. So I have hope. I have hope and Joe Flacco and I have hoped that maybe there'll be a quarterback controversy, that Flacca will be so good that Burrows can't get his job back if he comes back in December.
Speaker 2: That's my hope.
Speaker 1: But until then, we have serious problems in the River City. I have Senator Euston coming up later. I have Britney Ruby coming up later. I have Justice Joe Dieters coming up later, plus my commentary. But until then, Judge Joshua Berkowitz. Judge Burkowitz is the presiding judge of Hemny County Municipal Court. And for those who may not know that, the first appearance generally of a criminal defendant felony or misdemeanor, is in front of a judge like Berkowitz and they set bond. Then the case normally goes to the grand jury. Then it's another bond is set in common police cord across the street. But until then, Judge Josh Burker, which welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, we had some more terrible violence on Fountain Square. I see that eighteen people have been wounded shot in and around Fountain Square since the start of the year. And one of the persons doing the shooting through the plate glass window was on probation because of previous flownius assaults committed by him earlier this year, and.
Speaker 2: So he's out.
Speaker 1: So just in general, what is the difficulty you see on the ground is one of the judges who actually set bonds, many of which your fellow judges are setting no cash bonds.
Speaker 2: Sign your name and lee for serious offenses.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bill, thanks for having me on again. I mean, this just couldn't get more alarming. I feel like what we're witnessing here in Cincinnati is nothing short, nothing less than a descent into third world lawlessness. I can't really believe it. I grew up here, born and raised here. This was a safe city. That's not to say that there was never crime, of course there was, but this escalation of violence and a complete absence of consequences for all manner of criminal behavior. It's flat out scary, and I think it is touching the lives of every person in this region, whether you work here, live here, whatever. People are fed up with it, and they should be.
Speaker 4: This is the predictable.
Speaker 3: Product of twenty years of bad progressive criminal justice policy that you know, among other things, was sold on the public in this community and around the country that this would make us safer.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: What you mentioned, no cash bail, talking about the move to empty prisons, to not send convicted felons to prisons, to not lock people up in the county jail, to treat victims, to ignore victims of crime, and to treat the police as the villains and the responsible.
Speaker 4: Party when there's a criminal act.
Speaker 3: All of that contributes to this atmosphere of lawlessness in the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Josh bergerit you did a TV interview a few nights ago in which you had some statistics from I think it was twenty nineteen, about six years ago, and you might recall fifteen or twenty years ago while you were probably still in high school. There was movements a foot to double the jail space. How many county jail wasn't able. We were double bunking criminals and there was a federal judge ordering Hamilton County to release criminals. My wife, when she was on the bench would get emails from Sheriff Simon Lee's at eight am, not accepting anymore and more criminals. Today we're full up, We're more than full. And because of bonds being set and judges like you, not twenty years ago but currently would send people to Hamny County jail for like thirty days, give them a taste, break the cycle. But what are the facts statistics now in twenty twenty five as supposed I think it was twenty nineteen, which wasn't exactly a long time.
Speaker 3: It was not a long time ago six years ago. I compared the dates October fourteenth, twenty twenty five October twenty October fourteenth, twenty nineteen. The population six years ago of the Justice Center was fifteen hundred and fifty people, Okay, one hundred supposedly over capacity of the Justice Center, which supposedly has a capacity of fourteen fifty two yesterday, the capacity at the Justice Center still fourteen fifty two and the population was something like twelve sixty, so almost two hundred empty beds just yesterday. The whole floors, whole floors of the Justice Center are empty. You know, we started getting these emails every day from the Sheriff's department letting us know about the population. You know, ten years ago when I started, when that overpopulation was such a concern and at times they had to send inmates to Butler County. And I'm proud of the fact Bill I never bought into it. You know, they would, they would kind of subtly, Hey, judge, maybe the way you set bonds. You know, we've got this overcrowding situation. I never thought that was our responsibility as judges. That's the sheriff's responsibility to maintain the jail under the Constitution of Ohio. And they took steps to deal with it. They'd send inmates to Butler County. Now we've got a situation and we can see the numbers in black and white. Two hundred empty beds in the Hamilton County Justice Center. I mean, that is outrageous. Does anybody think that there's three hundred less crimes occurring in Hamilton County right now than there were six years ago. No nobody believes that.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're Joe Strucker living a simple life in a good way, what do you say to him? As far as having the open beds, how come there are two to three hundred open beds. You're a judge sentencing people, there are setting bonds. Why are there so many open beds when there's more crime?
Speaker 3: I think it's a reflection of those progressive policies. These are policy choices in setting bonds, in fashioning sentencing on misdemeanors and on felonies, and it's a reflection of progressive police policies from City Hall. There's no question that the administration at City Hall and in the Cincinnati Police Department have actively discouraged proactive law enforcement.
Speaker 5: There's no question.
Speaker 3: Whether you're talking about, you know, traffic enforcement, or you're talking about going after illegal guns or illegal drugs, or trying to get at the violent offenders, you name it.
Speaker 4: There is no question.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, there's something like one hundred or two hundred police officers down from where the contract says they should be. They're not putting the resources necessary to combat crime. But more importantly than the numbers to me is they have actively discouraged proactive policing. And they did this proudly a couple of years ago. They were proud of themselves that they were reimagining police work.
Speaker 6: If you remember the language of twenty twenty, that they didn't they didn't want officers proactively identifying and going after people carrying illegal guns, carrying illegal drugs, engaged in illegal trafficking. Well, that's how you get at that's how you interrupt those cycles of violence before they happen.
Speaker 3: You get the people carrying an illegal gun, you get the people engaged in drug trafficking before it goes over into shootings, and innocent people are caught in the crossfire.
Speaker 1: When I practice actively on the criminal defense bar, if you had a client on a no driver's license or driving under suspension, or driving with no insurance, it was regular. If you're in front of a judge Jack Rosen or even a judge Robert Gorman Democrat, Rich Kneehouse Democrat, Skip West Democrat, they would go to jail. Because if you drive a car and you don't have a license and you don't have insurance, that's like a serious offense. Today, Scottie Johnson and others tell police, if you do that, we're going to have a Pandora's box. Well you pull somebody over speeding, Well you're going thirty five and a twenty five. Let me see your license. Well I don't have a license. And let me see your insurance. I don't have insurance. You run them as there's two warrants out for your arrest, get out of the car now your hand's on and they might find in the car other stuff. When you talk about proactive policing, if someone's walking around downtown Cincinnati smoking a joint or injecting himselves with drugs. For the first time, yesterday I heard Chief of Police Fiji, who by the way, is on extremely thin ice maybe single digits employment, say that we're going to quote confront you.
Speaker 2: You will be.
Speaker 1: Confronted if you're violating your criminal statue. If you're confronted, what the hell does that mean.
Speaker 3: I'm not familiar with that terminology in the law bill. You know, none of this stuff used to be controversial ten years ago. Even ten years ago when I took the bench, there was not this this divergence of approach when it comes to bond setting. For example, all the judges that you mentioned and the judges that were on the bench, whether they were Democrat or Republican, it didn't matter. It just wasn't a controversial thing. You see, you if you saw a dangerous individual, how do you know, well, the seriousess of the allegation, the criminal history, their history of failure to appear in court. You know, serious bonds were set on serious cases and that was not something that was terribly controversial. But like I said, that progressive philosophy, and it was very it was very proudly brought to the bench that we're going to just like that, reimagining police, defunding the police, ending cash bail. I mean, there's this mentality amongst the progressive activist lawyers and now unfortunately some judges around the country that views the jail or prison as a as an absolute, just unnecessary evil. They just they load the concept of sending somebody to jail. It's very very I mean, it's tragic in a number of respects. Obviously it's made our community less safe, but they ignore and overlook all of the positive things that can happen. You know, when we set appropriate bonds on serious cases. We have the potential to disrupt cycles of violence, cycles of addiction, cycles of abuse and trauma, you know, all the things that that progressive minded people claim to care so much about. We have the opportunity to send a message to victims that our that our courthouse is fair, that it's functional, that they're going to get justice here. We have the opportunity to connect people with all kinds of services through the jail, mental health treatment, drug addiction treatment. I mean, these are real, real opportunities, uh, to you know, reduce violence in this community and and and push back and to deter criminal behavior. And it's it's nothing short of a tragedy that so many at all levels of government have seen that as as unnecessary and oh it's just it's too expensive. You know, criminal justice is not a line item on a budget. This is why people pay tax locally, state, federal, so that they are not shot coming out of their workplace.
Speaker 4: Or going out to dinner, so that they're not.
Speaker 3: In the crossfire, so that violent people are taken off the streets and we can live in a safe community.
Speaker 1: Judge Berkowitz I said to you off the air, this is not democratic Republican. I appeared in front of Democratic judges like Cheryl Grant or Andrew West or Nadine Allen or Rich Kniehaus or feller Offer Gorman, go down the list, and there wasn't a great separation between Democrat and Republican.
Speaker 2: But today there is.
Speaker 1: And I think that George Floyd effect in twenty twenty was a key part of that. That there was a sense that we have to reimagine criminal justice. So now we have judges like Kerry Bloom who's in juvenile court that doesn't want to sentence somebody to jail because jail inflicts more harm upon a defendant than the defendant inflicted upon the victim. There was a report by Channel nineteen Fox nineteen that so far this year she has sent one seventeen year old to adult court for an adult crime involving a gun.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 1: Are you exasperated when you get with your fellow judges and you must run around with the other thirteen or fourteen of them?
Speaker 2: Is there a sense?
Speaker 1: Is there a disagreement, Is there an argument or simply all of you are like different islands together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I try to focus on my responsibility when I set bonds. You know, that's my I believe I take seriously our constitutional responsibility to consider public safety when we're setting bonds. But I'm not in another courtroom. I'm not in front of these other judges.
Speaker 5: I don't I'm not.
Speaker 3: Looking over their shoulder, and I don't know their thought process. I would hope that everyone on our court takes this responsibility seriously. I hope that people are starting to uh that these policies, like I said earlier, you know, they were all not just supposed to be more fair, not just supposed to be you know, less expensive. They were all pitched to the to the community and to the court as they would make our community safer. And by any measure, it has been an abject failure, an absolute failure in every sense of the word. And I would hope that the judges who are on the court, both my colleagues and municipal court and in the common Police Court where a felony sentencing occurs, I hope that people wake up to the reality this community. I don't care what neighborhood you're.
Speaker 4: In, It's not just Kenwood, it's not just Indian Hill.
Speaker 3: People across this community want safe neighborhoods, safe streets. They want their kids to be able to go to school without fear of gunfire. They want they want to be able to go out and enjoy a ballgame or a night out at a at a restaurant downtown without worrying about you know, what happened between the car and the front door. That is not and it shouldn't be too much to ask. Those are reasonable expectations, and it's not being delivered right now.
Speaker 1: Two to three hundred empty beds in the Hamlet County Justice Center tells exactly what's happening. But Judge Josh Burko, which we have to go and we'll see what happens. We get the government we deserve, and we need better judges and not Democrat Republican.
Speaker 2: We need those who sentence criminal to.
Speaker 1: Jail and keep people in jail locked up for serious crimes. And about half the bench doesn't do it, and half do when you're in the part that does it correctly.
Speaker 2: But Judge Josh Burko, yeah, go ahead, judge.
Speaker 4: You know, the great thing about the system of electing.
Speaker 3: Judges in Ohio is that people have a voice. They have the opportunity to choose what kind of justice system that they want in Hamilton County and around the counties of Ohio. Every one of us, every judge, has to stand for election.
Speaker 4: You know, public safety is one.
Speaker 3: Hundred percent on the ballot right next to me when I'm running this fall. And for people who want to get involved, they can go to keep Judge Berkerwitz dot com. They can get involved, they can express their support and voice their desire to live in a safe community. And yeah, elections have consequences. We have an opportunity to send a strong message that this community still cares and still demands public safety. I believe we do, and I think we're going to send us strong messages.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: All right, Judge Burkeerysh thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Judge, you're a great American. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bill, I appreciate your time.
Speaker 1: Well let's continue with Mark coming up later as a United States Senator, and also Britney Ruby and also Justice Jeaters on news radio seven hundred WLW. You know, the more I listen to Lance McAllister, the more I like them. The guy's got some talent, join me and listening to him every night six to nine, et cetera. Let's get down to specifics. Let's name names, setting up today's big show. I want to thank Judge Josh Berkowitz for coming on somewhat difficult, and I know he's going to catch some flak from some for telling the truth. But the truth will set you free. And the fact that we have two to three hundred empty beds in the Hamley County Justice Center also known as the jail, is indicative of a large problem with the judges of Hamilton County. This is not may I say, Democrat or Republican, or male versus female, because some of the best conservative judges I know are female, like Penelope R. Cunningham or Sharon Kennedy or Melba Marsh. There's all kinds of good female judges, all kinds of good Democratic judges. For many years, whether it was Judge Gorman or Judge West, Judge Morey Kneehouse, Judge Richard Kneehouse or Judge Nadine Allen or Cheryl Grant or Andrew West, they were all Democrats, but they had a sense of protecting the community from the criminal element in which they lived. It's kind of odd the Democrats that's the party that elects judges that have a no cash bond, no one goes to jail attitude. When the defendants in front of these democratic judges prey upon the black community itself, one might ask, in that's somewhat odd, but.
Speaker 2: This is where we are.
Speaker 1: I am told by knowledgeable sources that the days of Chief of Police Teresa Thigi are numbered in the single digits.
Speaker 2: She's going to be.
Speaker 1: The fall guy, the fall girl for what's happening. She has completely lost the confidence of her command staff. She speaks to the media, but doesn't speak to the command staff, the many women in blue. She doesn't go to districts, and there's no respect, no respect between the command staff of CPD and the cops in the street on the one hand, and Chief of Police Terisa Thigi on the other. You might know that she's left town. She's in Denver allegedly for a three day, four day Chief of Police conference. They're working out her severance package, and they want to bring in someone that commands the respect of the men and women in blue because they don't respect her. That's a problem. I'm also told that the Sheriff of Hamilton County Charmaine McGuffey has stepped forward to say I will fill the breach. In fact, one politician told me that they kind of asked the sheriff, Charmaine McGuffey, if she can also serve as the chief of police, and the answer was no, can't do that. But see, the jurisdiction of the sheriff is as complete on Fountain Square as it is in Sycamore Township. It's the entire county. And she is outraged at what she sees in her city. And she does have the respect of her command staff. And you talk to the men and women in gold and black operating the Sheriff's department, they say, we respect that that woman right there, Charmaine McGuffey. We respect her because she came up through the ranks, held every lousy job in the Sheriff's department. She was a corporal, a sergeant, lieutenant, a captain of commander. She come all the way up, so all those years she built relationships up and down the ladder with the men and women in gold and black who wear the sheriff's uniform. So look forward in the future to Charmaine McGuffey to get a much larger role. I also would note that because the election is only about two and a half weeks away, that I have to have pureval has seen the promised Land, He's seen the light, so he kind of wants at this point the state to come in and do more stuff so that the Feds don't come in and do a lot of stuff. You heard Anna Albie with Scott Sloan, and she's completely lost her way as a left wing radical. Blaming guns for violence is like blaming cars for car recks. But nonetheless, we've had that argument so many times in the past, is not worth repeating it. One of the safest plays to be is at a gun show in which there's thousands of guns and thousands of rounds of ammunition and hundreds of people with guns everywhere, and nobody gets shot. No such a thing as gun violence. There's three hundred million guns in the country. Guns do not commit violence. Cars do not commit violence. People operating cars and operating guns they do commit violence. And we got law upon law after law about who can drive a car, who can't drive a car, who can own a gun, who cannot own a gun? Three day waiting period, you got waiting You got this. You got that. They're all kind of loss. It is not about some inanimate metal objects that is never on its own hurt anyone unless it's fired an accident, well by itself.
Speaker 2: That's not a problem.
Speaker 1: So it's absurd for Anna Albi to talk about guns are the problem, or I have to have pure of all who's completely lost his way. Guns are the problem. It's like blaming a Chevrolet. If some driver drives drunk, uses it improperly and hurts someone, No one locks up to Chevrolet. So it is ridiculous. It's an excuse because of the failure of their policies. That's why guns are mentioned so often my Democrats. It's an excuse and a diversion from reality. Getting back to the question at hand, f Ted Pirreval has determined that Chief of Police, Teresa Thiji must go. It's reached national proportions. I may play later for you a national commentator talking about the city of Cincinnati and how absurd it is to have a chief of police that looks like she belongs on a can of Dutch Boy soup Dutch Boy paint. That would be Thiji saying we're going to confront you if you commit crime, you will be confronted. It isn't call it confronting somebody, It's called arresting somebody that tried and true works. As Josh Berkowitz said, number one, you need cops to arrest criminals. Number two, you need prosecutors to prosecute criminals. And number three, you need judges to send criminals to prison, not like Judge Carrie Bloom who never met a criminal she didn't like.
Speaker 2: And I will name names.
Speaker 1: I will name names because we have about half the bench, our disciples of restorative justice, who bought into the arguments about defunding the police and emptying out the jails after the so called George Floyd riots, using that as an opportunity to impose left wing socialism on our major cities which have largely collapsed the past five years, including the city of Cincinnati. So that disastrous news conference yesterday by the chief of police kind of sewed her up as to be replaced soon by someone, and the mayor's looking around now to have an interim chief appointment to get him through until election day. I would be shocked if Fiji at this point can save her job. And I also would be surprised if Charmaine McGuffey, the sheriff, doesn't step up and say I'll do my job. You might recall I had her on about a month ago. She issued hundreds of citations, confiscated many guns, and arrested individuals on warns. But then once they get into the court system, her hands are tied about what she can do. As Josh Berkeleish just said, we have two to three hundred empty beds because municipal court judges and common police court judges do not set appropriate bonds considering public safety as they're required to do, and doesn't want someone to go to prison and the good old days, like ten years ago, you might have three to five years on the shelf and then go to Hamlet County jail for like ninety days. Give you a taste, then you get out. You serve you ninety days. You might get out in seventy five days with good behavior. You've been prison. You've been in jail for two two and a half months and on the shelf is three years. Now reform your life. But we have several judges in Hamlin County who give no cash bonds because it's not fair. And secondly, who will not send people to prison. They include Judge Jennifer Branch, Kai Cash, Judge Wendy Cross, Judge Allison Hathaway, Judge Christopher Jenkins, Judge Virginia Tallon, Judge Dante Johnson, Judge Dwayne Mallory, Judge Bill Mallory. One of the worst is Judge Samantha Silverstein, brand new judge public defender type who gives no cash, bonds constantly on felonies, and doesn't send people to jail. Judge Samantha I'll give her extra commendations along with Carrie Bloom. Judge Samantha Silverstein does not think people belong in jail, and of course Judge Deniah Trotter. All these happen to be Democrats, and all believe in the principles of restorative justice. That is, it's unfair to send a criminal to jail. Does many have said, like Judge carry Bloom and Juvenile Court that jail Juvie Court at twenty twenty Auburn or Upstate causes more harm upon a juvenile than the harm the juvenile inflicted upon the victim. So when you have judges who believe in restorative justice, judges who believe in sanctuary city status, judges who believe that bonds should not take into account public safety, which by the ways against the law. Just because some criminal can't afford to post a bond while some rich guy could doesn't mean that the poor guy shouldn't get a break. It used to be when you committed a serious crime, you got a serious bond. But if you're Judge Samanthus Silverstein or one of the Mallories or Dante Johnson or Janiah Trotter, you don't think so. That's why there's two to three hundred empty beds right now in the Hema County jail, and normally judges like Josh Berkowitz or Judge Winkler or Judge Tinklocker wants to fill them up with criminals who should be in jail and not on the street. Like the guy who was twenty four years old convicted a few months ago this year of felonious assault causing serious physical harm to another is out on probation because of the activities of judge when you cross, who don't want to put criminals in jail who commit serious crimes. Secondly, because of George Floyd and others, there was a movement accepted in Cincinnati Himlelton County that sheriff's departments and cops and aren't going to pull over individuals for minor traffic violations because it might lead to something else in this world. If you're a judge, if you're a judge or a council member, Scottie Johnson or Victoria Parks or of course Lemon Kearney, you should represent properly the black community, and you do not, since the great bulk of the crime committed is in the black community.
Speaker 2: By zip code.
Speaker 1: The zip codes tell you where the black community is, and the crime in Cincinnati is largely a young black mail face. Well, the great majority of young black males don't commit crime, but they believe locking up a black kid is the system's problem. So the cops are told, and you've heard me say this, You've heard Ken Cobra or the police say this, we are disincentivized to pull somebody over. Who's speeding down Madison Avenue, Madison Road, someone in Montgomery Road, who's someone on Reading Road. By the casino, you can see people zip through red lights and swerve around traffic, leave their line to travel, and commit other traffic offenses and cops don't pull them over. Why because they're not supposed to. Why because if you pull them over, can I see your ID? Can I see your license? Do you have insurance? Is there anything in the car that shouldn't be in there? Suddenly your hands on with a large number of people, and Scottie Johnson doesn't want that. But when you do that, you find out illegal guns, illegal drugs. This person has warns out for their arrest. Then you got to arrest somebody. Then you put them into jail, and within twelve hours you're up here in front of Judge Samanthas Silverstein and gosh what you bond out quickly, you sign your name and you're gone to drive some more cars around. So we learned yesterday from Chief of Police Thiegy days are numbered that they're going to confront criminals when they're committing crime in the presence of cops. I don't call it confrontation. I call it arrest. Put your hands behind your back. You're under arrest for smoking pot publicly. That is a misdemeanor. You're using drugs in public and needle in your arm. You're under arrest. You're speeding, you're under arrest, some sort of burnout on Vine Street. You're under arrest, we fill up the jail. You might recall the judge just said five years ago, I'm sorry. Six years ago, there was five hundred and fifty inmates in the jail with a little bit of double booking going on. Right now they're down two to three hundred inmates, empty beds because judges are not sending criminals to jail. They don't think it's fair, they don't think it's right. In fact, Wendy Cross wants to go back thirty or forty years and find out what Eldwood Jones knew who was a condemned murderer of Rhoda Nathan and she freed him on chief freed a condemned murderer from death row and gave him an O R bond to get out.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? No, that's the fact.
Speaker 1: And so we have systemic difficulty, systemic problems. It is a police department that's demoralized and doesn't pay attention to the chief. It's a judicial system where half the judges are after the George Floyd effects constantly and feeling sorry for people who commit crime. And then you also have the Parole Probation Board in Columbus who free people like Mordecai Black throughout murder Patrick Herringer in his own home cutting off his monitor and CP didn't pay attention. You got that issue, but it begins with the cops on the street. Then it has to go to the bench. You can't have individuals supposedly representing all of us, but especially the black community, that engages in decisions that hurt the black community.
Speaker 2: Are you better off today than you are four years ago?
Speaker 7: Wo?
Speaker 2: They have to have pure of all as the mayor. Are you better off now? Huh?
Speaker 1: So, the ten to fifteen percent of my audience who live in the city of Cincinnati, you have an opportunity to change things. And if you fail to take that opportunity and you put the same clowns in charge you have now, don't anticipate different results. Anticipate more companies will leave downtown Cincinnati. Anticipate more crime will be committed. And don't tell me, please, don't tell me that there's less crime being committed today. Garbage in, garbage out. Cops are told not to arrest people. That's a reason crime reporting is down because criminals aren't being arrested. Secondly, you're down twenty percent of the cops. If there's twenty percent less cops, there should be at least twenty percent fewer arrest. Cops are the ones doing the arresting. So if you have twenty percent fewer cops, you have twenty percent fewer arrest Just say exactly where you are. Add on top of that the fact that individuals who commit crime I'm in public are not being arrested by the cops on duty. They'll see somebody committing a crime and they won't arrest that person. Then the other twenty percent of cops that don't exist, there's nobody to arrest anybody anyway. Therefore, guess what, Hey, crime is down. Don't worry about it. Crime is down. Look at the statistics. Garbage in, garbage out. Crime is down because you have twenty percent fewer cops. Crime is down because cops aren't arresting people. Understand what I'm saying. That's the problem. So the mayor is going to use Thiji as a sacrificial lamb, then appoint somebody else either before after the election, and move on.
Speaker 2: Can you smell when I'm cooking? Let's continue We never stopped.
Speaker 1: We simply continue and coming up after one o'clock today, we've scheduled Senator John Houston, former lieutenant governor has held every position in the state of Ohio now the United States Senate. And then also later on we scheduled a representative of Jeff Ruby, Britney Ruby will be here at two of five today to talk about the closing of one of her facilities downtown Lampeka and all of her offices, the crime situation. She issued a press release yesterday, given the mayor twenty four hours and he did hold the news conference at two o'clock yesterday. That was a disaster for the chief of police. A disaster, an unmitigated disaster, can I say it again? Disaster for law enforcement. And it was at that point the mayor in the back of his head said she's got to go. So instead of staying in town, it was reported that she's in Denver, Colorado, attending a chief of Police conferences. The mayor puts together a severance package. Well, what happened before after the election, I don't know, but the mayor thinks he's in trouble because of the campaign of Corey Bowman. The mayor thinks he's in trouble, so he wants to act as if things are going to be different. Let's continue with more and line becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. I think the Bengals will do so well tomorrow night, though it could be a quarterback controversy. I think Flacco will do so well people will say we don't need Joe Burrow anymore.
Speaker 2: Twelve fifty five. Home are your Bengals?
Speaker 1: Who's radio seven hundred Wow, Billy Cunning Immigrant America. We've heard from judges now in Hamlin a County, and also later on we have the scheduled anyway Britney Ruby to come on. I talked to her this morning at length. Scheduled to come on about two o'clock today. We also have Supreme Court Justice show Diaters coming on. We have everyone coming on, including the junior senator from the great state of Ohio, Senator John Houston, who's busy in Washington, not too busy with the government shutdown. A senator, I saw you a week ago presiding in the Senate, and I felt particularly proud you were trying to get the government shut down to conclude.
Speaker 2: But the Democrats won't do that.
Speaker 1: Before we talk about the government shutdown, what is your perception of what's happening now in the city of Cincinnati and what role, if any, can the state and or the fedch play in bringing peace to River City.
Speaker 5: Well, Bill, it's great to be with you. It's an unfortunate thing because I always say this's about cities. Your number one job when you're the mayor, the chief of police, the city council is protect people and their property. If you fail to do that, you fail to do that fundamental thing, then people will not visit your city, People will not invest there, people will leave, people, businesses will move out of your downtown in your area. And it's harming and it harms the people of your city the most because not only does it make them unsafe, but it also makes it weakened and economically weakens your your city. And the only ex I mean, you tell me what the explanation is to this, but why wouldn't you have a police there all the time, over time, showing the presidents and basically saying, no, a heart of our central business district, entertainment district, it will be safe. We invite the world to come to Cincinnati because it's the safest city. Instead, it's becoming a very dangerous.
Speaker 2: City center of the calls.
Speaker 1: In effect, PNG is grossly expanding its footprint in Mason. They're getting prepared to downsize their facilities. You know, Macy's has moved out, is now going to become try to become apartment buildings. Most of the large businesses in Cincinnati have their own police department because they can't trust the city. I am told the chief of police Thiji is about to become the fall guy. She's about to get a copy of the home game because the mayor's policies don't work. The mayor did a big news conference. I'm not sure you were there, but the governor was there, the FBI was there, the Department of Treasury was there, the US Marshall was there, County prosecutors there, County sheriff was there, accepting state help that never arrived because the mayor and share along the city manager, it never triggered it requesting it. And we look at the memorandum of understanding. It involved two shifts a month having the state involved. And now after yesterday's news conference, it appears the city they finally have said to the County and to the state. We need help get it done. We can't fix the roads. We have potholes everywhere, Bridges are falling down, and the police force does not listen greatly to the chief of police, order, the mayor, order the city manager. That's another complete different issue. We have car break ins. We have more than twenty thousand shots every filed every year rattling around Cincinnati. We're gonna have about four hundred people shot. We're gonna have about one hundred people murdered. We're gonna have about two thousand cars stolen and about fifteen thousand car break ins. And you know, John, excuse me, Senator, Cincinnati is like seven miles by eight miles.
Speaker 2: It's small.
Speaker 1: The public school system has forty six percent of the children are chronically absent, and if you're a black boy, you're chronically absent seventy one percent of the time. On top of all this, we have two thousand kids in foster care. We have a complete meltdown of the institutions, and Corporate America is voting with their moving truck to get out of downtown Cincinnati. What role, if any, could the National Guard play? I know that was a topic and the mayor debate, and you're kind of in charge of that in a sense, what role does a National Guard play to bring order to our city?
Speaker 5: Well, Bill, look, you needn't look very far away.
Speaker 2: Cleveland, Ohio.
Speaker 5: The governor just sent a special violent crime reduction unit to Cleveland with the Highway Patrol, and in one weekend they captured five eight eight felony arrests, six illegal firearms recovered, okay, and they captured a guy who was part of a mass shooting last year. Okay, And like literally this was in one weekend when when the city of Cleveland finally relented and said, hey, we're going to accept help from the Highway Patrol, the governor sent them in and they captured all of these people who've been terrorized in the community. You can do the same thing in Cincinnati. It's just that you need to have a mayor and the chief of police who are willing to let it happen that you can do this with law enforcement. The challenge for the National Guard is that they don't have they don't have the ability to arrest people. They can protect, they can create a presence, but they don't have they don't have law enforcement powers. That's why sending in the highway patrol is a better way to do it, because they can arrest people, they can coordinate with law enforcement, and they can clean up the streets. But you've got to have local leaders who will do this.
Speaker 1: Didn't happen. We had this big news conference a month ago. It didn't happen. Had another one yesterday, and what's our chief of police looked in the camera and told her officers in uniform what to do is she didn't tell them. She told the news media. And she says, if you're committing crime in Cincinnati, we will con front you. We will confront you. And I'm thinking confront me. I want someone to be arrested.
Speaker 2: We have time.
Speaker 5: I will arrest you and prosecute you the fullest extent of the law and get you off our street, probably to protect businesses and do the thing that we need to keep people safe. That's what she needs to say.
Speaker 1: No, we're gonna confront you, and I have, you know, the county corner last me some markets.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe they could, maybe they could have admonished them to.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get You're gonna get time out in the corner. I mean, come on, She says, we will confront you. And if I'm a gangbanger with guns and I'm selling drugs, breaking into cars and god knows, burglarizing, I have the chief of police who looks like she belongs on a can of Dutch Boy paint, who's telling me I'm gonna confront you. It's like confront We have open air drug use, marijuana frequently being smoked, and I hope the President doesn't do much with that, by the way, because it's gone into the children. We have open air drug markets. We have homeless encampments, we have car break ins, we have people getting shot on Fountain Square, and the chief police says, you will be confronted.
Speaker 2: What why you got me?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Now, I'm good.
Speaker 5: I'm Bill. I talked to some Cincinnati police officers recently and I asked this question. I said, I said, look what happens when you arrest people, because.
Speaker 4: It's more than just it's more than just the law enforcements.
Speaker 5: And then you send them to court. Are they putting them away? Are they are they taking the criminals off the street and putting them in jail? And one officer told me a story that there's a gas station a corner where there's constantly fights, there's constantly drug deals going on there. They arrest them, they take them to jail, and when less than twenty four hours, they're back on the streets. So the criminals know that you develop a culture in your city based on whether you're tough on crime or you're weak on crime. And once the criminals know that there are no consequences for committing crimes, guess what they commit the crimes and that's the culture that's being developed that needs to be addressed.
Speaker 1: The Shell station on Central Parkway is the site of massive drug sales captured on video on a daily basis, and there are no arrests. When I talked to Ken Kober of the FOP, they tell me we have the indirect message not to arrest people unless it's required, because Scottie Johnson and others on city Council don't want to go hands on with someone. If you go hands on, you might have an incident, you might have a warrant, you might find out he's got a gun. We don't pull people over for speeding reckless operation because we have speed bumps. The speed bumps take the place more queue. The speed bumps because the city council doesn't want police to pull somebody over, run their warrants. Okay, you don't have a license, don't have insurance, their car's not registered, got guns there. They don't want that to happen, So we have speed bumps instead of cops. And on that point, about an hour ago, ahead on Judge Josh Berkowitz, who's the presiding judge in Hamley County Municipal Court, he put the cheese on the cracker. He said, half the judges in my court believe in restorative justice. So I say to him, Okay, I think I know what is restorative justice. If you're a judge, that the fact is that needs to restore justice to the criminal. A many times the so called black community, the great majority of black kids have nothing to do with crime.
Speaker 2: But the face in Cincinnati is a black male face. And so if you come.
Speaker 1: Out of the restorative justice movement, you believe in no cash bonds, and you believe that putting a kid in jail for that child is worse than the victim penalty inflicted upon the victim. We have a juvenile court judge Carrie Bloom, who's given talks on this subject. And what she says in juvenile court, I do not want to put black kids in jail. It's reparations, it's about slavery, it's about affirmative action, it's about DEEO. I don't want to put black kids in jail. And she said, by the way, a white female. But nonetheless she says, half the judges in Amity County do not sentence.
Speaker 2: Anyone to jail.
Speaker 1: We have another good judge, a friend of mine, Alison Hathaway, who released some eighteen and a half year old on a gun charge. She reduced it, and then six weeks later he kills a sixteen year old on OTR on her watch, and now that kid's going to face life imprisonment. So what do you do, Senator, If half the judges are more in Hamley County do not want to sentence anybody to jail and don't want to lock them up. They want them all along the streets, what do you say about that one?
Speaker 5: They got to go to them out. That's what you gotta do with people to do that, Bill is pretty This is pretty simple. It's not the people. We've got to start emphathizing with the victims and not the criminals. Okay, the victims of these crimes are in many cases people who live in who live in the city. They're typically not visitors. There are people who call Cincinnati home. And you're not protecting the innocent people of Cincinnati from the criminals in Cincinnati. And it doesn't take much. You start arresting people for committing crimes and putting them in jail, and that will send a message to other peoples, do not do this. Uh, it will act as a deterrent. But right now, if you send the message that if you commit a crime there will be no consequences, that is an incentive. That is that is basically saying, go ahead and commit crimes in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I wish it.
Speaker 5: I wish it. I wish admonishment and stern warnings were enough in the world.
Speaker 2: But they're not confrontations. We're going to We're going to.
Speaker 5: Confront on accountability. And that means that every once in a while. That means that every once in a while somebody is unfortunately going to go to jail and going to go to prison. But that sends the message that that behavior will not be tolerant. Tolerated. It becomes a community standard in which people follow it. Community standards are set by your leadership, your leadership and the law enforcement and your judges. And if they don't set a community standard that crime will not be tolerated, then they will set a community center by default that crime will be tolerated.
Speaker 1: Before we talk about the government shut down. Two different judges have told me that the af tad Peer of All the mayor at these endorsement opportunities for their Democratic liberal judges would always ask the question do you believe in the restorative justice? Do you believe in no cash bonds? And do you believe in treatment and lieu of incarceration. Unless the judges answer, I believe in all those things aftered Peer of All and the Hamilty County Democratic Party, you will not get the endorsement.
Speaker 2: And so on the bench.
Speaker 1: Now we have restorative justice thirty and forty year old, largely females who came out of the movement of jails or a waste of time, that jails hurt inmates more than they assist, and that we believe in restorative justice and therefore we won't send people to jail. And the Hamony Counties you know right now, Senator Hamlin County is teetering to becoming Chicago sortive justice.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's a nice thing to say. You know, where you restore justice, you get people off the streets. You give justice to the victims. Okay first of all, and you know what we do in our prisons. We give people a chance to rehabilitate themselves. It's a department of rehabilitations, corrections. And once you're in prison, you can go still earn credentials to get a job. You can do all these things while you're in prisons, but you're off the streets keeping people safe when that's happening. That's how you restore somebody. You say, there's a consequence if you don't behave We'll give you a chance when you get out of here to go to work, because we're going to help you get a job, skill. But you're not going to be committing crimes on our street and making victim and and we're going to protect the victims. We're going to protect the standard of what it means. That's that's the way you do restorative justice.
Speaker 1: Ultimately, Senator, we have the government we deserve and we don't deserve if you keep voting for the same individuals anticipating a different result.
Speaker 2: Nothing's going to change. About a minute remaining.
Speaker 1: Can you give us an update on the government shutdown which Chuck Schumer demands to occur. It's happening, Republicans say a clean CR. Democrats won one point five trillion dollars are more spending. Give us an update on the shutdown.
Speaker 5: The Schumer shutdown continues. We're going to vote again today. This will be the ninth time that I will have voted to keep the government open, clean CR, keep funding at the current levels. But Chuck Schumer, really, he really exposed himself last week literally in the sense that he said, well, every day that the government shut down goes on, it's better for us, meaning Democrats. Well, you know what, that really exposes his motivation because it's really about politics to him. It's not the American people.
Speaker 2: It's not about.
Speaker 5: Whether our military get paid. It's not whether our air traffic controllers get paid. It's not whether our first responders get paid. It's whether Chuck Schumer can score political points and keep his job because he's scared of AOC running against him in a primary in New York. And so we're being we're being run by the radical left here in this nation right now, because it requires sixty votes Senate to get the government back open. We've had three Democrats vote with us. We just need five more. But we will not relent. We're not going to give in to him wanting to fund health care for illegal immigrants. We're not going to give in to his massive spending proposals. We're gonna we're gonna do this the right way. We're gonna remain strong.
Speaker 2: As long as it takes. But I hope things change in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: We have an election in two and a half weeks, and if you don't change direction, you'll get more of the same.
Speaker 2: Senator John, Yeah, go.
Speaker 5: Ahead, Bill, just just quickly. If you don't protect people and their property, they're gonna leave. They're gonna leave, Cincinnati, businesses will leave, people won't comfort to use your restaurants. And you've got to restore public order and protect the people of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: You know, uh, Senator after a peer of all gives mouth service to that. He always talks My job one two and three is public safety, and if that's his job one two and three, he needs to be unemployed. So Senator John used to get my best everyone in Washington, and thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, John Senator, thank you, thank you. All right, let's continue with more. It's up to you. The truth will set you free. Voting for the same anticipating different result is the definition of stupidity. Bill Cunningham, News Radio, seven hundreds WLW.
Speaker 8: My message to everybody, learn how to behave in our city, but especially learn how to behave in our downtown and our Fountain Square. Do not come down town, especially on Fountain Square if you don't know how to behave.
Speaker 2: And that's how it should be. And so that'd being said, I'll shut up and open it up with questions.
Speaker 9: Hello, quiet, and I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 8: I see you, you see me, I see you.
Speaker 2: I'm watching you, sag.
Speaker 10: That's our ill tell you what will you? You're scared now, I tell you I'm not going downtown.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm the chief of police.
Speaker 2: Like Gunsmoker the rifleman down there.
Speaker 1: I think my picture belongs on a Dutch paint can. I'm the chief of police. And if you misbehave, I see you, I know you. I'm gonna give you a time.
Speaker 2: They see you down there, time out. She sees you. I'm gonna give you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give you a time out, okay, So please follow the law with breaking in the cars and shooting people. Because I see you and I'm concerned about you.
Speaker 2: Sig Man. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying. Say yeah, are you concerned? How many businesses are gonna be pulling out of down?
Speaker 2: Test all of them? Segment we have golfing royalty here? You sure do? Willie? Explain to me.
Speaker 1: Now we talk about state champions every now and every now and then Deer Park will go undefeed it on top?
Speaker 2: I mean, how many? How many is Zupper sell maryon one? Four in a row, four in rowd? I got another one.
Speaker 10: It's four consecutive, four consecutive state off state titles.
Speaker 2: Alter Knights are here. Segment introduced the coach and the players.
Speaker 10: Please will you let's see they shot a three hundred and fourteen. That's not good to win the Divis to Boys State Golf Championship at NCR Country Club.
Speaker 2: Their best player shot three hundred and fourteen.
Speaker 1: No, it is a team. Oh, a team a team event not It's not like how you cheat. But the coach is here, the team is here. So coach, taken away, Take it away, coach, You're right here.
Speaker 11: I'm Alex Suster, head coach of the Knights.
Speaker 2: And how many years have you been there, Alex.
Speaker 11: Is eleven years with the golf program.
Speaker 2: You're gonna stick whether.
Speaker 11: Or not, you know, I know we planned to go anywhere eleven.
Speaker 2: How many state titles have you won?
Speaker 11: Four in a row?
Speaker 1: Four in a row, and the Ryder Cup has got a hold of you. At PGA of America there are negotiating.
Speaker 11: Is better than it's going to be a negotiation.
Speaker 2: Could have done better at Beth Page Black with these kids.
Speaker 1: These kids introduce your players and who they are, their names, and plus have a few questions to ask later on.
Speaker 11: All right, awesome, so we have with this today. Junior Matthew Crush. He was also second team All state performer in last year's individual state champion in Division two.
Speaker 2: Matthew, what kind of putter do you have? If I have a tailor made spider.
Speaker 1: Spider, what is the what is the loft, what is the angle of the putter face?
Speaker 2: What is it way? What kind of grip do you have? I don't really know much about that story. You know how to put the ball in the like they put the ball in the hole.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's the goal you shot us seventy nine, right, I did, Yes, there you go.
Speaker 2: I did you do it the second nine? I was playing better on the back nine the second day and that seventy nine tough golf course. Yeah? Did you move the ball on the rough at all? Did you cheat it all? I? No, he didn't do it all.
Speaker 1: Did you drop a ball out of your pant leg when you couldn't find it? Next up, coach, All right, we.
Speaker 11: Got Charlie Anderson Sier. He's also a second team All State performer this year.
Speaker 1: Charlie, A few questions for you right now? Who's the top golfer in the world. Who's number two?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 1: What is the recent successes? What are the last three tournaments won by Rory McElroy?
Speaker 2: Masters have Tubble Beach and the players very good. That kid's pretty smart.
Speaker 1: By the way, since you're so smart, what is the capital of the state of Pennsylvania?
Speaker 2: That's then Harisburg? Damn go ahead, coach, introduce some.
Speaker 11: More right, Third, I got uh confused? Looking one over there is Lucas Synos. He looks you looks yeah, senior at our was our foreman at the state tournament team.
Speaker 2: This year you're with the anchor something like that. Clean up, clean up, hit her. Who's the Attorney General in the United States of America. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh what is the square root of eighty one?
Speaker 2: At least continued.
Speaker 11: Coaching, he said, I finally we have our first alternate senior A J.
Speaker 2: Mahoney, Aj, how are you doing? I'm doing very good. Are you going to school after kettering? Altar? Where are you going to go? If anywhere? I planned to study business at University of Dayton, the home of the Flyers.
Speaker 1: Yes, don Donaghuer, Yes, say hi to him. When you say it, I think he's dead. Coach, So tell me in the last tell me how the tournament won. Tell me about the tournament.
Speaker 2: I won it all?
Speaker 11: Well, you know it was it was really great at being up at nts Our Country Club, which was of course we're a little bit more familiar with, and then some of the others. We went out and you know, just to play with a lot of confidence. Uh, you know, day one it was close. You know, we only had a had a shoe stroke victoria first round. And well, day two we went out and Dayton got pounded last Tuesday with like record setting rain.
Speaker 2: Like once in the whole summer is one of the.
Speaker 11: Most rain in like ninety four years that Dayton's gotten in the day. So we went out, we played. We knew after day one there was a chance Day two wasn't gonna happen, but they put us out there anyway. After a little delay, we played about half right exactly rain, and we we increased the lead to about nine strokes by the time they called play. We sat in the clubhouse for a couple of hours and then they they called it, and.
Speaker 2: We were determined.
Speaker 11: We were determined to be the champion.
Speaker 1: I asked a question of the seniors. Let's say your ball is near Let's say your ball is on the card path one hundred yards from the grand It's in the middle all the card path. Number one, Can you play it off the card path if you want to?
Speaker 2: Sir? Now, how do you take a drop? If you want to drop it from the card path? If it's in the middle of the card path, what do you do? If anything, find.
Speaker 5: Your nearest point no closer to the hole, and you get a stroke from the nearest point early you get.
Speaker 1: A club length from and you take you take your stance, then you get a club length from the ball, and then you drop the ball within that length.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 10: You said that happened to you the other day, and you just kicked it into the grass.
Speaker 2: I kicked it. I kept looking around, no one watching me.
Speaker 1: I kicked it in the It was like judge smail a caddy shack. Then go let me ask some more questions. Let's say you come up to a pond. You gotta come up to a pond, and one pond is marked with a red line. The other pond is marked with a yellow line. How's the red line different than the yellow line?
Speaker 2: You know, the red line? You can take. You've got a couple options.
Speaker 12: You can take the line of entry, you can take two club lengths from the point of entry, and you can also go back and play. You can play you can play from inside the red pell the area, and you can go back to where you hit the shop.
Speaker 2: What about a yellow line? What's the difference? You only get back on the line or the back of the line. Go back as far as you want to go back one hundred yards if you want flag the flag flagging the point of entry everyone knows. That's correct.
Speaker 10: I thought that was the amount of alligators that were in the pond. Been some alligators. Read there's baked ones yellow, their smaller ones. Give me some sports.
Speaker 1: I can make it fast out more questions to ask these young men about politics, sports and the fluvial process is a GM morphology.
Speaker 10: Will he the STUOT Reporter is the proud service every local tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati. Cole Sheldon Braun at Broun Heating at five one, three, three eight, five seventy seven sixty five.
Speaker 1: Give me, I mean three of the five rights in the First Amendment the US Constitution, the freedom.
Speaker 2: Of what, press, assembly, speech. That's it right there, say please continue.
Speaker 11: Let's me answer to these questions or not.
Speaker 2: You're the coach. You don't know the answer, do you? What's in the eighth Amendment?
Speaker 11: Eighth Amendment? Usual punishment like.
Speaker 10: This, show your rat's while you're here. Cruel and unusual punishment.
Speaker 1: Every day, smart Deer Park, we don't have a golf team.
Speaker 10: Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky AFC in the North Battle Tomorrow Night. Willie Steelers and Bengals previewed the game tonight Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tafe Round Table Show presented by Postman Law.
Speaker 1: Get the plug live from Long Necks and rich Wood. You guys don't drink so five? How about wine? Little wine at church?
Speaker 10: Good answer. They're raffling off two tickets to tomorrow night's game. Will he tonight at Long Necks and Matter Richwood. If you want to get there, get there early.
Speaker 2: Lancel Lance will take care of day frontest. This guy might be an alder boy.
Speaker 10: Let's see, Mike is SICKI the tight end is out for four games with a pectoral injury.
Speaker 2: All right, boys, what's a pectoral muscle? All right here up in your chest? Please continue.
Speaker 10: Shamar Stewart's gonna play. He's missed the last four with an ankle injury. And Andrew Whitworth is the ruler of the Jungles Tomorrow night. Do you think Tomorrow night at the Bengals. You might recall when the Bengals went to the Super Bowl, at one point there were two and four. This year, once again, they're two and four. They got the next three games at home. They win those three games. Add those up.
Speaker 2: What's the record down of the Bengals? Very good? Right there.
Speaker 1: That's why he's got a three hand plus three five and four, the same as twenty twenty one. Do you think Joe Flacco will be so good that Burrough's got to fight for his job when he comes back?
Speaker 2: I sure hope. So please continue college basketball?
Speaker 10: You see, graduate forward Jalen Haynes has been ruled out indefinitely for the Bearcats with an undisclosed lower body injury. He was heard in practice on Monday.
Speaker 2: Where's the humorous bone located rights? Very good? Please continue?
Speaker 10: The Bearcats play an exhibition game against Michigan Friday night.
Speaker 2: What are you liking that matchup? Boys? Give me the Wolvergines please mission.
Speaker 10: Red's infielders Spencer Steer and key Brian Hayes are both finalists for the Rawlings Gold Glove Award.
Speaker 2: Hayes did a great job at third, so did Steer.
Speaker 1: Who is the current NCAA Men's basketball champion College Division one men's basketball champion Florida?
Speaker 2: Very good? Who's the current football champion though? Buckeyes? Baby? Who's the current baseball champion tenn LSU. These kids are smart. Please continue.
Speaker 10: Let's see Willie Yoshi Yatamoto and you say that again. Tossed a complete game three hitter last night, Dodgers over the Brewers five to one. So La goes home now up two games to none in the NLCS. The ALCS continues tonight in Seattle. How many US Senators are there? The number?
Speaker 2: Please continue?
Speaker 10: And ALCS continues to night and with the Mariners up to or against the Jays?
Speaker 1: How many members House of Representatives three sixty two?
Speaker 2: Nope, born to thirty six five. That's it right there. But he's continue.
Speaker 10: College golf, Willie, we say congrats to Xavier. They won the Moraine and Intercollegiate Attorney in Dayton.
Speaker 2: Can you beat Xavior? They wound up at twenty under par. Can you beat twenty under? Yes?
Speaker 1: Why did you challenge the Musketeers at NCR and see what kind of men they are?
Speaker 2: You guys? Will you have them?
Speaker 10: Mountain freshman freshman Case Morgan out of Elder took home medalist honors at a seventy eight finish at nine under.
Speaker 2: It was the second president of the United States of America. Number two.
Speaker 10: Bearcat Cincinnai Bearcats men's golf team is sixth overall in a tournament in North and South Carolina.
Speaker 1: One of the three descriptions of rocks and geomorphology description.
Speaker 5: Of rocks.
Speaker 2: US sedimentary and metamorphic. Holy moly, I couldn't have got that of you. You can't say it and you can't spell. I can't thank you. I'm glad, I can't. Are you like national mayor scholarships?
Speaker 1: You're like a ds that you guys aren't smarter at Allogy? Do you love fluvial processes? I love that stuff? What great at the Grand Canyon Rose water fluvial?
Speaker 2: How about that? The three kinds of rocks came right out of him, rocks in his head. I guess you knows exactly what they are.
Speaker 4: Belo.
Speaker 1: We all that's it? Well, coach, Why does that look next year? For keddering Older went four in a row. How does it look next year?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 11: We're looking forward to next season. You know, every every new season brings new challenges. We're gonna miss these graduating players. We have actually twelve seniors in the program. Mere Lissa, we're losing this season. Don't rebuild your reload Yeah, that's the plan. You know, you've got young guys that are ready to ready to play up and do it, and you know we're looking forward to the challenges. I know, I know Matt wants to leave the team next year.
Speaker 1: Tiger Woods guys, we had to run. Wait come back next year. If you Wednesday title sounds good on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: You know, things changing radio.
Speaker 1: We had scheduled Britney Ruby Miller to be here at two of five, and she sent a very heartfelt apology about a half an hour ago that she said, something's come up at two o'clock and I can't be on. So I sent her back a next text saying, hey, I understand things happen, see what occurs, et cetera, and that's all I can do. And she wants to come on tomorrow to talk about what's happening today, But yours truly is going to take a week off. This my last day for the next seven days. So in a relationship to this, I made many many calls thither and fro to find out why what's happening at two o'clock Because the people I talked to all had the same thing. I can do it at three. I can't do it at two. I can do it tomorrow. I can't do it at too. Something's happening at two o'clock. And according to my horses in city Hall, the Chief of Police, Teresa Thigi is being fired or shall we say, retired, because she followed the dictates of the mayor to a letter, doing exactly what the mayor wanted. And now that she's followed the dictates of Cheryl Long and the mayor and things haven't turned out so well, the mayor is cutting loose the chief of police. A man with's perspective on this is Steve Gooden, a candidate for city council, has been on council before. Steve Gooden, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And so I would ask you that I had five or six calls in the numerous people in the know, all of whom would tell me that today that the chief of Police, Teresa Thiji is getting fired. Your comments, well, I'm hearing the same thing, I believe, and it's a shame, but it's very predictable, and frankly it's long overdue. I mean, I was somebody who was out here this summer saying that she had to go. She's absolutely lost the confidence of the rank and file. The morale at police department is in the toilet. She has not been advocating for the right kinds of staffing for ever since she's been chief. She's been providing political cover for the mayor and the city manager and this kind of worthless city council that.
Speaker 4: We have right now. So if you're going to live by the sword, you die of the sword. If you're going to act like a political person rather than the civil servant you're supposed to be, if you're not going to advocate for your troops and rank and file, and you're going to play the political game, then I guess you die of political death. So she has become a national joke, particularly.
Speaker 2: With that bizarre.
Speaker 4: Press conference she gave him down at City Hall where she said the word unacceptable five times, reminding me of my middle school teacher who used to shout unacceptable of me rightfully in the early eighties. And it was just terrible. It looked like she was trying to scold these young, violent people into giving up their guns. The other beautiful things she did yesterday was telling the guy to turn it who shot up the restaurant to turn himself in.
Speaker 2: I don't think he was.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's really inclined to do that since she is already a convicted felon. So she looks sweet. She's set a horrible example, both on the politics side and just the way she comports herself. I mean, I don't want to sound like Pete Hegstratt here, but she doesn't look like you know. She's not inspiring confidence from any standard, whether it be from the physical fitness standards, all the way down. They deserve better, They need better. They need a chief who will actually be independent and stand up to the mayor. The chief doesn't work for the mayor in our system, so they don't.
Speaker 1: But I've been told by many officers she's lost the respect of her command staff. They don't pay attention to her. That the cops are overwhelmed with work. Sixty hours a week is presumed to be demanded. Many cops don't want to do it, they don't feel supported. But the unknown about this, I would assume as the last three or four years have gone by, I think she's been there about three years, I would assume everything she did, despite her bad form and doing so is something I have to have. Pierraval want it done. And now that it did, his policies did not turn out well, he wants to step aside and eat a sacrificial lamb, and that lamb is chief of police.
Speaker 2: Thiji your comments.
Speaker 4: No, I think that's absolutely correct. I mean, look, she's a victim here. I mean, she participated in her own victimhood. She knew better than this of most of it. And look, I like her. I've known her for years. And the family is great. There's a lot of officers in that family are a great you know, west side family, and no disrespect to them at all. But I mean, you know, look, this is not this is all aft to have. He goes out and talks about quote his team, and he includes her, includes a city manager, and they're supposed to be politely adversarial. I mean, the city manager is supposed to be advocating, you know, for the chief, for the police. They're not all supposed to be working together. In fact, it's very timely. Just this morning, I open my mailbox and I have a mailer from one of the city council candidates where he's posing with the chief in uniform, which is blatantly illegal. She's like in a political mailer, a paid political mailer. And I was thinking, you know, if I had the time and energy, we file a complaint. But since I figured she was getting fired today, we're not going to bother with it. But I mean, that's how bad it is and how political it is. The great chiefs of yesteryear wouldn't dream to be in a political ad. What's an elected official? So that's just how bad and blurry the lines are down there. And that's why I do worry who's next. I don't really have a good sense of that. Every time with this current group, you think they're making a step in the right direction, you know, it's kind of a be careful what you wish for a thing. I have no idea who they have lined up behind her at this point. But this is a sad day for her. It's a sad day for the city. But it's very predictable. So again, she made herself a political actor. She's going to die of political death here.
Speaker 1: It looks like, well, it's sad because she was put in a position that she's not really qualify for. She performed poorly because she implemented the policies of after pure of all the policy has now been implemented. They failed, and now the sheriff is stepping up. I had on earlier Senator John Houston. They're close to calling in the National Guard because of jd Vance and Euston is very close to the situation and we don't want that. And the sheriff wants to take over and do more police functioning in the city because the city command staff and the officers do not respect Fiji. And part of the problem also is that the judges at Hamlet County. You may now had on Judge Josh Berkerwitz a couple hours ago. He's the presiding judge. Half the judges believe because of George Floyd effect. Half the judges believe, you know, and no cash bonds. Half the judges believe in putting nobody in jail. What about that element, Well.
Speaker 4: That's a huge part of what's going on here, and a lot of that goes right back to Aftab too. When he was clerk at Gortz, he was pushing these judicial candidates, he was pushing these kinds of policies. He ran the courthouse into the ground. He's doing this too. And look This is the same stuff you know that you saw out at in Washington State, in Portland and in California, and all these kinds of policies are being rejected out there too. I mean, they just don't work. No matter how well meaning they are, they don't work. You can't keep it committee. You cannot keep a community safe by letting violent people out. This guy who the guy that David announced his name, the guy who shot up the restaurant of Fountains Square two nights ago. We know he was on probation for a gun offence, you know, weapons under disability charge. So I mean, so he shouldn't have been out, arguably, or at least they should have known exactly where he was, so that the courthouse and the city all at all, the failures all overlap, and it's the same personnel.
Speaker 2: Really, all right, we got to run.
Speaker 1: I have mayor candidate Corey Bowman calling in and Steve Gooden, you're a great American. Thanks for Colin, and I appreciate the call. Thank you anytime. Thank you, sir. Let's continue. Let's go to the mayor to be Corey Bowman. Corey, and every indications are that the chief of police Thiegi is going to be fired. Head guests on at two o'clock and this critical meeting I was told off the air. Yes, assuming that's the case, what is your reaction as the man who would be mayor?
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's exactly what you said, is that you know, Chief Sigi was just implementing her directives from the top down. You know we've started this from the top down. There is incompetence and so everybody wants to throw the chief underneath the bus right thing is is that this is reflecting the failure of city Hall starting with Mayor a Fat Purval.
Speaker 1: And as far as the news conference yesterday, I think the mayor conceded as policies have not worked. They have not worked the past four years. They're not going to work into the future. And just before the election they need a scapegoat, and that scapegoat is a career company named Thiji, and they want to blame her, Cheryl Long, and I would assume counsel and the Mayor used and abused her to implement their policies and now that they've failed, they want to hook it on her step aside and appoint someone else.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You're exactly right. But here's the thing that we have to see as is that with the mayor after Burval in office, you're going to have the same legit. You're going to have the same reasoning when it comes to the next chief, when it comes to the city manager. These policies don't stop with just the firing of a police chief. These policies have been implemented the last four years, and you're seeing a lot of the crime that's going to be taken care of in the next few days for optics. But what do you think is going to happen after November. It's not an election year anymore, so they're going to go right back to these failed policies until the next election season. And I don't think that's right.
Speaker 1: Corey Bowman, Assuming you win the mayor's office, and many knowledgeable people say you have a pretty good shot at it, what would you look for in the next chief of police.
Speaker 7: You've got to be able to look at not only only people that have the competence of knowing what they're doing on the streets, but I really believe that you've got to bring somebody in that knows Cincinnati, that knows the issues. You can't necessarily have just a parachute position come in and fix everything. Cincinnati is a very rare, unique city with Citty two neighborhoods. Logistically, you've got to have somebody that knows what they're doing when it comes to that. But at the same time, you have to have somebody that knows the issues that we're facing right now. Five people shot on Monday night two and Fountain Square. These are things that have to be taken care of from day one. They can't just be something that we gradually get into. We've got to hit this thing head off.
Speaker 1: In a sense, Cincinnati's at the low EBB. But I'm told by some that Procter and Gambles grossly expanding their footprint in Mason. There are many big employers in town like Fifth Third Bank and Kroger and others that tell their employees if you're if you're don't feel safe coming and leaving work, you may stay at home and work there. And I think there goes the tax base of the city of Cincinnati. Restaurant tours have told me reservations are being canceled. Willy Nilly. I'm told there's no hotel being built next to the convention Center because they can't get financing because many of the banks around the country don't want to finance it. In case things aren't going well, Two large conventions have canceled at the new convention Center to open up in January or February without a hotel next to it. Conventions are canceling, and the idea that public safety should be a job one when it comes to setting a bond is something that judges ignore, willy nilly. And So if you become the mayor and don't have a working council with you, and I don't anticipate that council is going to stay the same, It's going to be completely different. How will you work with a council filled with Democrats and you're going to be the Republican mayor?
Speaker 2: How would that work?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: Number one, it's not just the mayoral race. We've got to be able to see that. We've got a city council candidate that are running this year. Last time we had ten cans. It's running this year we have twenty five. We've got people like Christopher Smithman, We've got people like Linda Matthews, We've got people like Steve Gooden that running, they're gonna know how to handle this. And like you said, if you do have the majority Democrats, I believe that there's enough common sense where we can actually work together to solve these issues. But you have to have leadership in place, in a strong mayor position that knows this has to be a priority. It just can't be on the backbron.
Speaker 1: Well, now's the time and the mayor's acting politically. Having had someone to implement his polic policies, he can't come out and say, my policies have failed. I'm going to rescind my re election effort. I have failed. I'm going to go back into the private sector. He's got to find an excuse for the failures of his policy, and that excuse is Teresa Thiji, whose huntire family have been cops for the last fifty years. And she doesn't look the part, doesn't act the part, and the fact of the matter is she's doing in a substantively exactly what the mayor wants her to do. And sharel Long allegedly's her boss. Share Along. You can't find her with a search warrant, and so where in the hell of share Along?
Speaker 7: No, you're exactly right, because here's the thing. We've got to have leadership that just doesn't show up for photo ops. We've got to have leadership that shows up for Cincinnati from day one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we'll see what happens. As I said, this is not confirmed yet. Everyone I talked to says she's going to get a copy of the home game sometime this afternoon, and they're going to point an interim chief that might be Captain Henny, might be someone like that to implement the mayor's policies, which change after every riot, or after every shooting, or after every mass shooting event, the policies of the mayor change. And right now we're on the eve of the election, and Corey Bubman, none of this will be going on right now if the election we're not like two and a half weeks away. But Corey will see what happens, and you're going to campaign hard through the finish line.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, We've got less than three weeks to go. Early votings open right now. People need to get the border to the Board of Election, Tamilton County Board of Elections, Vote, vote, vote. But then November fourth is our last day of the election. And this is our time to base to be able to put strong leadership in place. You know, one of the biggest things is that we have a shortage of cops when it comes to being below the complement levels, and they implemented a lateral hiring recently and they didn't get the response that they wanted because nobody wants to work for this administration. You get the right leadership, you get a strong mayor in that position, then people are going to come and they're going to want to work for Cincinnati Police Department. That's what's going to change in November.
Speaker 1: You know, is really sick when the chief of police says, if you're committing serious crime, we're going to confront you. I wouldn't confront it serious criminal. I'd arrest them. I'd say you're under arrest. And the reason some arrest are down is because twenty percent of the cops don't exist. And when you're down twenty percent of the cops, there's no one to arrest anybody. And the cops that are in office don't want to get hands on with any they're encouraged not to arrest people. And so of course crime is going to be statistically down as far as reporting when cops don't exist to arrest someone and the other cops aren't pulling people over because they're told not to do that. A course, crime is going to be down, but the commission of crime is way up. Reporting of crime is down, commission of crime is way up. And we need to go back to the law enforcement of Larry Whalen and also a striker and people like that that enforce the law and let the chips fall with them. Ay, then if the judges don't do their job, then we got something else to focus on. It begins with cops arresting criminals. Corey Bowman, good luck. I'll continue to follow this story to see if and when Chief of Police Stichi gets a copy of the home game.
Speaker 2: And Corey Bowman, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Bill for having me.
Speaker 1: God bless Let's continue with more. He's in his coffee shop on the West End right now, people coming and going. But we'll see what happens. At two thirty and three o'clock and I had Brittany Ruby scheduled to two. She texted me about one fifteen saying something came up I can't get out of At two o'clock, I called four or five other people involved in their running of the city. Each one of them sent me a text saying, I can do it at three o'clock. I can do it at three fifteen. I can do it tomorrow, but I can't do it at too. And I talked to a police source who told me that Thieji's going to be fired this afternoon. And by the way, she's supposed to be in Denver right now for three or four days of a chief of Police conference. So that's perfect. The city is burning down, and then the city sends the chief of police one thousand miles away two twenty five. Coming up after two thirty five is Justice Joseph TNT Deaters with his walk up music on news radio seven hundred wlw F.
Speaker 9: Hello, Piet, I'm spokes I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: You know rock.
Speaker 1: We have a special Justice Joe Eaters. You need the best from coloida An. He's here ready to march and glory and sees power once again.
Speaker 2: He wants to talk. He wants to talk, all right, talk him talk. Sharon Kennedy said, don't talk. Megan Shannan says, talk talk. Let me let her rip. I'm going quiet down here. Comes the music. Here comes a good part for jobs right now the sunset color TVs.
Speaker 13: Oh boy, boys, oh boy, there's two of us in here. Now I've finally got some backup talking about your lies.
Speaker 1: Women can't talk about women anymore, Joe, her.
Speaker 2: Women days are done done. Here come here comes the hook for the hook because I'm yeah, yeah, Joe. What brings you here?
Speaker 1: I know we need you to see you and Charlie Lucan or John Cranley would be great. And what brings you to the hallways of the Big One.
Speaker 2: You told me to come in.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: Nothing else to do. I'll get you in trouble. There is a lot going on right now. Public safety. What does that mean? Public safety? Explain that? Can you talk at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: A little bit, But here's what I will say. And I know I've got a little bit of a gag on me right now. Everybody knows what works. They'll know Atab's not an idiot. These judges aren't idiots. They know what works. They're just not willing to do it because of the.
Speaker 2: George Floyda facts. Well, they just they believe that.
Speaker 14: I guess they believe their constituency does not want them to do.
Speaker 2: It, to do it put people in jail for crime.
Speaker 14: I mean, it's amazing to me. I heard you with Judge Berkowitz before. They've got two hundred and some beds empty in the We were trying to build jails when I was there.
Speaker 2: Now you're evacuating them.
Speaker 14: Now they're laying off, you know, people working in the jail because they don't have people there.
Speaker 2: Why aren't there people? I don't know.
Speaker 14: The judges if you're remember, if you remember, and it's not just a Democrat thing or a Republican thing. We had a Republican Chief Justice four years ago who decided that judges should not consider safety when they set a bond an arraignment.
Speaker 2: And what did we have to do?
Speaker 14: We had to get a constitutional amendment on the ballot to say that judges shall consider the safety of the community.
Speaker 2: And what are you doing? They ignore it? And I don't care.
Speaker 1: What did they say? Give lip service? Yes, I consider that, no bond signed your name, You're gone.
Speaker 14: Well, the only the only recourses to uh not elect them. And unless you have the information on the judges doing that, you have no ability.
Speaker 2: To Are you happy with what you're doing now? And they are I love it.
Speaker 14: I'm very frustrated when I watched to see what's happening in my city and.
Speaker 2: Want to come back sees Power.
Speaker 14: No no, I mean if Missy Powers did her best to win that race and the demographics have changed, and you know, I think comedy's doing what she can do now.
Speaker 1: And you didn't bring this up, but Saint X. I was at dinner the other night at Trios and an old guy had to be in it had to be in his late seventies or eighties. An old guy comes up to me and says, you know, I was the athletic director at Saint X where Rocky Boyman played at Saint X and he was a student. I said, what kind of student was He said, well, he had a lot of jugs. In fact, we had the Board of Education, which was a paddle had holes in it.
Speaker 2: Said.
Speaker 1: Board of Education used to give Rocky one or two a week, but each time he demanded pull his pants down before he got it so that he would feel more pain. Did you have any of those experiences?
Speaker 2: Jug? I hid indefinite jug.
Speaker 1: At one point ever, paddle like Rocky was no remember any of that stuff, but better memory your forgot.
Speaker 2: He was a better student than I was. I really wasn't, he said, He said.
Speaker 1: You were such a good student. You helped other f students get out of the dummy hall. Did that happen?
Speaker 2: Helped them?
Speaker 14: We went to I went to a sat X reunion this summer, okay, and these very wealthy guys are at this reunion that went to sant X with me, and I didn't recognize any of them. And I quickly realized the reason is I was in the dumb classes at st X and these guys were into smart classes that I had introduced myself to him.
Speaker 1: You know, we tell tell me when you were tied to a goalpost. Never did that, and also gave the finger.
Speaker 14: I gave the finger on the sophomore the reserve football picture.
Speaker 2: We have that pictures that live anywhere. It still does live.
Speaker 14: But they they back then, they.
Speaker 2: Did their best, smudged out. It was not good. But you got permanent jugs. They told me to report the jug until we tell you to stop. What do you do? What do you report the jug? What is that that way to get it?
Speaker 14: It's like you know, detention and flash get yeah, just sit there and clar just kind of grunt work right lines, Yeah, toothbrush and toilet well, and in the theme of what we're talking about here is Joe just said earlier the problem that is right in the city, everyone knows what to do, but they're unwilling to do it, which is to have punishments for crimes.
Speaker 2: Jugs was was a punishment if.
Speaker 13: You were acting wrong, that's right, you had to go do some things you didn't want to do and then guess what, not only did you not want to do that again, the other kids saw it and said, well, I don't want to end up in jug like Torush showed deaters and Rocky boyman, I'm going to behave.
Speaker 14: You know there there has been one thing that's worked with urban crime, and that was, you know, whatever you think of Rudy Giuliani, what he did in the two thousands with New York City, late nineties with New York City that broken windows theory and where the with the different captains that very precinct are held responsible in a track crime, I'm in real time. They say there's this hot spot here, there's been twelve break ins. They flood the area with cops and they really did stop what was going on in New York.
Speaker 2: Well, nowhere else has that happened.
Speaker 14: And if you want to know what's going to happen to our city, which I love and I live in, it's not hard to predict because it's happened across the country with these types of policies that are in effect right now in the city.
Speaker 1: Segment, give me some sports and make it fast. We've got more information about Henryson maybe going to the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: What can you tell me?
Speaker 10: Will he the sto reporters of proud service of your local Tamestar Heating and air Conditioning dealers, Tamestar Quality. You could feel a beautiful Cincinnati called Stacy Heating and Air Solutions five one, three, three, six seven h E A T.
Speaker 1: Spotch Justice Kennedy sending you a note to quiet down. Yes see, speaking of that, can I can you show that a woman named Jordan Hudson Rocky You.
Speaker 2: Talk about her a lot, don't you. Oh my god, you talk about my nephew with her.
Speaker 14: So I was at a deater's wedding this weekend, North Carolina, and she's a friend of the brides.
Speaker 2: They live very close to each other. Hudson and Bill the wedding started at five o'clock.
Speaker 14: So I have to preface the story with this. The wedding started at five o'clock. Now pretend you're at a wedding.
Speaker 13: He is more excited than I've seen him in years, by the way I understand.
Speaker 2: Met her five o'clock. It started. How long would you last at that route? Eight o'clock? I'm done? Ok, eight o'clock, that's what I thought. I'm done.
Speaker 14: I lasted till nine, that's it. And around ten I get a text from my brothers. Leave, guess who just showed up? Jordan Hudson correct Belichick, No, he was traveling. But the reports are that she was a delightful, very very nice young girl. I mean four years old and rich, well whatever she is, but she was very cool. So I sent my other picture of you. I said, I want you to show her this picture. God, yes, I want to show this picture because he talks about you on the radio all the time. Showed to her, and I want you to write down exactly her reaction when she saw your picture.
Speaker 11: I have it.
Speaker 2: I know what I memorized. The response. I love to love you.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, I'll tell you I love She looked at your picture.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 14: She looked at your picture and said, e.
Speaker 2: E w W. But that's all sorry, you're trying to what do you mean by? What do you mean by? And it wasn't like.
Speaker 10: It was like, I don't think she thought you would look like Ronaldo that when that Ronald, my wife says, I look like Naldo said.
Speaker 13: Joe, let's cut to the chase. Heer your nephew or whoever was did they say? She looks as good as she does in person. She does like pictures and she was just could not have been sweeter. I know what she's getting out of the Belichick relationship. What's he getting out of it?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. Oh you have an idea. Well, he was in a Volkswagen with Penny. I know that is I don't. I just learned that information today, which I could have done without. Give me some sports.
Speaker 10: He brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town. That's where we're going after the show. Thirteen convenient locations in Kentucky, AFC, North Power, Tomorrow Night Paper, Previous Game Tonight, Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by TOF Round Table Show or Lance and Rock Yes Tonight.
Speaker 2: The round Table Show is tonight.
Speaker 10: Six oh five long necks in rich Wood can't wait, and they're going to raffle off two tickets to tomorrow night's game.
Speaker 2: I said at the show, what about Hendryson going to the forty nine ers? I don't I have it right here?
Speaker 10: Andrew Whitworth, former Bengals great number seventy seven, is going to be ruler of the jungle.
Speaker 2: Can you put on a hell and shoulder pads? Might as well try it an still block. Mike is SICKI the tight end is on. I injured reserve for four games? With that peck peck? What's a peck right there? Jordan Hudson. Jordan Hudson has a couple of Red's update.
Speaker 10: Red's infielder Spencer Steer and key Brian Hayes are both named finalists for the Gold Glove Awards at third base and first base.
Speaker 2: Good luck did Ellie? Is he up for the Gold Glove Award now? With sixty seven? What errors in two years? The Brown Glove Award? Which one's he up? Probably he belongs in right field. You're a great joe right center, center center, and I'm gonna move right all right? Can you do that? Sake? I'll call Terry world class shortstop. Moved him over there. What's his name like Arroyo? Is that his name? Edward?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: And then what about mcclaan. Can you actually hit it? At some point we'll see? How about third base? What about Sal? What can Sal? Wh'res Sal? Just call Sally?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's gonna you guys that can hit. It makes sense. They need some guys that can. We need some guys that can wors Warbur. That would be a good addition.
Speaker 1: Man in Middletown. Is you run around with him in the off season and he's got enough money, get all the money in the world.
Speaker 2: Can't tell you what we're doing. Trade Li for Bryce Harper? Straight up? Let's go what I trade for? About Hunter Green? What about Hunter Green? Green? Definitely done? Joe.
Speaker 1: What's the big decisions in the Supreme Court? The rule of against perpect.
Speaker 14: To violate all my right now in the air, not doing it. We can tell me about shelleyities nothing.
Speaker 10: Well, then you could come and fill in for him for a week on the show, and then you can say anything you.
Speaker 2: Want next week. Are you suspending going tomorrow for a week? Then spend it for a week playing golf and naked. Couldn't suspend it again? Rock, what's on the big show today for you? Besides Thiji maybe getting fired? What about that? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Jason and I talked about that yesterday. But let less see today we have our fitness guy, PJ. Street at four o'clock, can help get you fit, get you well.
Speaker 1: Jordan Hudson deserves that. A man like me, a man wants to smell like a man. Remember it was Remember it was very boom and right at the gate. We have his name's escaping. But we have a guy from Steelers Nation. I'm going to talk about the big game. What about Mike Tomlin saying, how in the world can Cleveland trade its opening day starter to a division rival just before we play them?
Speaker 2: How's that possible?
Speaker 1: Mike tom mad too. He said they had this guy named Jake the Snake Browning. He was throwing more interceptions and completed passes. Now we got to deal with Joe Flacco again. It was so good that possibly he'll be replacing Joe Burrow. He'll be a quarterback controversy. Wouldn't that be something?
Speaker 13: No competition's good, right, He's twenty one and you know Earls thirty next year.
Speaker 1: They're about the same age by the time you're in your seventies. She should quit working anyway.
Speaker 13: You know, the combined age of the quarterbacks playing on Thursday night is eighty one.
Speaker 2: That's kind of old, isn't it. It's pretty old, Joe? Is that too old?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 2: Apparently?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming into this has been great, great insight, Joe into the city, the police, everything.
Speaker 1: We love Hudson. I love your thoughts, Jordan, Hudson. Why why didn't you stick around to meet her?
Speaker 14: I didn't know she was showing up. You would have stayed. You go to call, but you knew she was coming.
Speaker 2: Not you? I think I would have left. Oh, I love to love. Would you have stayed?
Speaker 4: Bill?
Speaker 11: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: Would you have stayed? Are you kidding?
Speaker 13: Heaven and Earth wouldn't have kept him from staying meeting Jordan.
Speaker 2: She is this thing. Would you would have stalked her? She does have a thing for you.
Speaker 13: You know, every year you do your your most often had guests.
Speaker 2: She is your most often topic.
Speaker 1: If her on someone's got you know, somebody has her number. Yeah, I'd love to get her on. That will never happen.
Speaker 13: Remember Willy you No, No.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying there's something there. Here's the deal, Hendrickson.
Speaker 2: So you're saying there's a chance.
Speaker 1: You're saying there's a chance, is what you're saying. Here's dumber, dumber, more like a million say give me out of the sutureport Justice Joe and Rocky to wonderful Joe, rock the Board of Education.
Speaker 10: Willian Hotter of Justice, Joe making to stay his triumphant return to the airway.
Speaker 2: Now that's right. Can you walk into the courthouse and anyone know who you are? Nobody knows me anymore? You walk in.
Speaker 14: Coming to this guy what his opinion has hit though they know that like lightning bolts in the finger.
Speaker 10: Of Zeus, we leave you with immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 2: At some point, this foolishness has got to stop.
Speaker 1: There's our friend, Mike Dewan. Here's Rocky Boyman. He loves, he loves, loves the governor.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Sure, he's a good man, good man. He is a good man, good man.
Speaker 1: Rocky loves him. Say you love him always. Let's continue with more, and we never stop. We simply continue.
Speaker 2: The suspension starts today for one week until in Naples and I'm back next Friday. Learn your lesson and shut your mouth, Fiji.
Speaker 1: Do what he tells you to do, and when you do it and it fails, I'm gonna blame you, not me.
Speaker 2: Girls for THEE but not me On seven hundred W l W