Speaker 1: It's Mojoe in the morning.
Speaker 2: I just got the official first text of the morning from my son in East Lancing at Michigan State University. I begged him, I said, come home, and he's like, Dad, he actually has a Friday class. And it's funny because all of these people are telling me, like, yeah, their kid's got virtual Luke's got no, he says, he goes no, and he says, also, they want to go out and party this weekend. They want to hang out at the bars and go to Harper's and stuff like that. I guess Harper's is doing some kind of like a cold night or something. But the current temperature in East Lansing minus five degrees with A says feels like temperature a minus twenty right now.
Speaker 1: Is not going outside.
Speaker 2: And the funniest thing about it being this cold is in a college town like East Lansing, they will be lined up outside of the bar and the girls will have their fit on. They will they will not be they will not be wearing a coat, and they will have the like next to nothing clothes on. That's there, Anna, What is up with women in their smartness changes over time?
Speaker 1: Oh, don't get cold, No girls well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess in the words of Cardi, the when girls are in middle school, they are the smart ones that do go to school with a coat.
Speaker 1: The boys don't. Correct.
Speaker 2: But then when they get to college and they're hanging out in front of college bars, the boys have the coats on and the girls have no coats on.
Speaker 3: I don't even know that guys have coats on. It is such a pain in the butt to have your coat with you in a bar or a club and have to carry it around with you.
Speaker 1: And you're not paying for coaches. There's nowhere to set it down.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is so shannon with the boys that do have them, because the boys are the only ones that do have them, and you're right, some don't. Luke's smart enough at least he'll have it. And then I'll look at Luke and I'll see his girlfriend Riley standing next to him with no coat on, and I'm like, will you be a gentleman and give a freaking coach.
Speaker 3: But even with the coat that Luke wears, I guarantee it's not his big puffy winter coat. He's probably just like throwing on a jacket.
Speaker 2: He'll come home, you know, and he'll he'll wear like his brother's coat that's in the coat closet and he'll grab his brother's like really nice winter you know, Canada goose or north Face, and he'll wear it and he'll go, this is great. And I'll say, well, why don't you take it up to college with you? I don't need it, you know, And then I'll just wear his Travis Scott sweatshirt or something.
Speaker 1: When he walks the classes.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have a warm coat.
Speaker 1: I don't think he walks the classes. I think he gets parking tickets driving. Oh he does. Chelsea open up.
Speaker 2: The mail the other day and there were probably five parking tickets.
Speaker 3: We got a bunch too, and they were red. Ye're on red paper, which is never good.
Speaker 2: So is this going to be the case with Wes and myself. We're going to go up in our own cars and our cars are going to get booted because our sons got us tickets A four four Mojo Live. You know what, you know what I want to talk about, I'm going to I want to talk about it being so cold. Would you stand out in a line at a bar in your outfit, in your bar fit, or would you just dress warm, Like if you're going to go out this weekend, which I hope nobody goes, right, not even going out seriously, like I don't even think. I hate to say it, but there's going to be events and stuff that are happening in town. I don't understand why anybody would want to walk from a parking garage to whatever they're going to.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something? A lot of stuff in town got canceled. Yeah, I'll do that in traffic and weather, just locally, but yeah, a lot of the bigger events got canceled.
Speaker 1: Liz, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to say, Mojos that you are wrong because those middle school girls do not.
Speaker 6: Wear coats either.
Speaker 2: Is it true?
Speaker 7: It's so true.
Speaker 5: My fourteen year old, I have a twelve year old and a fourteen year old. Neither of them wear coats. The fourteen year old girls, I just took them ice skating in Royal Oaka on Sunday, no coats and like freezing cold, and they just don't do it. Or they'll these little parties or go to their friend's houses and little dresses and no coats.
Speaker 1: They think that they don't look cute and coats you know what it is.
Speaker 5: They don't want to be bothered by it. I think, yeah, I don't know. I beg them, I beg them and no coats.
Speaker 2: I never can understand the whole I'm not going to wear a coat thing. And it used to drive me crazy that at the end of the school year, usually like June, we would get a call from the teacher that they were housing our coats and we'd get like four coats back at the end of the school year after we bought all these damn coats. I write your name and Alexa talk to what's going on?
Speaker 7: Not much? How are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Every time I have a listener with the name Alexa, it messes people up that are listening to us on the alexas what's happening?
Speaker 8: I'm og Alexa though.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, Anyway, I went to Michigan State graduated in twenty twelve and they closed I think one time when I was there and it was like an ice storm, so like they never do and it's always freezing and it's like the biggest campus ever.
Speaker 1: So like I have to ask this question.
Speaker 2: My buddy, uh Paul Klem said to me that his son Nico was going to visit his girlfriend, and Nico was leaving because his classes were virtual or whatever. And I said to Luke, Luke, why do you not come home, like come home and sleep in your nice bed and all this stuff and do your virtual classes. He's like, I don't have virtual classes? Is Nico lying to his parents?
Speaker 8: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: You can do some online classes at State, but most of them, yeah you can.
Speaker 7: I've done a couple.
Speaker 2: Luke says that its bs because looks like we don't have any virtual We have to show up the classes.
Speaker 1: And you're right.
Speaker 2: Michigan State is one of the biggest campuses in the country as far as you know square feet is concerned. And the classes are never close to each other. And it's freezing on that campus.
Speaker 8: Oh it's freezing and it's so flat, so it's so windy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, oh horrible, and it takes forever to walk anywhere, and forget about the buses, especially during the winter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's bad. H Well, thank you, og Alexa. We appreciate you. Samantha. What's up, Samantha.
Speaker 5: Good morning's.
Speaker 8: Experience.
Speaker 5: The ladies can be half naked in this weather because they already have the liquor in their system keeping them warm.
Speaker 7: It does.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like people that go to outdoors football games in really really cold weather.
Speaker 1: You're already nah, You're.
Speaker 8: Like, so you're already warm.
Speaker 2: My brother went to the Bears game last week and he had no hat on, no gloves on.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The guys would be out there with no shirt. I don't know what they're going through in life. I think that those.
Speaker 2: Are the those are the guys that you hope that the weather is so cold it makes them sterile because you don't want them reproducing, right.
Speaker 1: Do you want to have a baby shirt off Guynna? No, I don't. He has a level of commitment that most guys don't though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe he'll be a good dad. He'll bring his kid to the game with no going on. What's going on, Brittany, Hi?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I mean we have Winterest this weekend and Grand Haven and we are just going to wear our snowpants to the bar.
Speaker 1: And it didn't get canceled.
Speaker 8: Huh No, because there's some us we don't have any snow and we have like the cardboard sled race and it's an all day thing. So it's I mean, we're gonna take the weather that we get.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like these people who tell me that they're going up north to go snowmobiling in minus thirty five degree weather, and I'm like, you wouldn't see my ass on a snowmobile at twenty degrees, let alone minus. It's not so they say they're not cold. They say that those snowmobile suits keep them warm. What's up, Taylor?
Speaker 6: So when I was pulling out my college applications, I was planning on going to northern Michigan up in the Upper Peninsula. I'm Marquette And in the college application it actually pretty warns you that they don't close the school when it's cold or there's a lot of snow unless it's absolute extreme like weather. Like, plan to go to your classes no matter the weather.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, did you end up going to Market?
Speaker 7: Absolutely not. I can't do.
Speaker 1: Then you're around deal breaker. Yeah, there's no way.
Speaker 6: I did get accepted, but I didn't end up going there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, thank you for the call.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it doesn't have to be wild, like that's your every day norm.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, Alex. What's up.
Speaker 7: The first time?
Speaker 4: Long time? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So we would go as a big raver back in the day.
Speaker 2: But we would go, you know, to all the spots and betray and.
Speaker 9: I would wear the track pants with the buttons down the side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when we get in there, like basketball, just leave them there? Would you ditch them?
Speaker 3: Or would you get them on the.
Speaker 1: Way out corner somewhere?
Speaker 8: Leslie long time.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 9: I went to Michigan State, but I was a senior during COVID, So when all the bars in side were closed, Harper's would always host events where you would have to sit outside and we would all bundle up in our snow pants in the middle of winter. So I feel like that's what everyone need to be doing this weekend.
Speaker 2: You got to have a lot of alcohol at Harper's to be warned.
Speaker 7: You have a picture and you're good to go.
Speaker 8: You can't miss a bar night.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: Did you see the follow barstool Michigan State barstool Instagram account And my favorite post was like a week and a half ago the person walking across the street in the snow wearing the slides on with Yeah, it was one of my favorite pictures.
Speaker 7: The one is on with us radio.
Speaker 1: You are right now, You're on the radio what's up? Duan's mo Joe in the morning.
Speaker 10: Hey, good morning guys. Well Kate yesterday and she says that she has in person classes. They have no virtual classes for her.
Speaker 2: I told you, I'm telling you my friend's son is lying to his parents about this. There is not a chance that you know, like, if anybody is not going to go to class, it's my son, Luke, you know.
Speaker 10: To say virtual or some like her professor. She has to go in. He's actually on the cheerleading team and they still have practice today.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, I'm telling you the I said to Luke, I go, Luke, why do you not just skip class? And he goes, Dad, I'm preparing for spring break. I said, what do you mean your preparing? He goes, I'm preparing for long weeks of hangovers. He's saving his days so that he doesn't have to show up. He's doing a couple of weeks. Molly, what's up, Molly? H'm Molly or Lindsay. I'm sorry, Lindsay, wrong person. Hi, I'm Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 7: Well, I was gonna comment on middle school kids or middical girls wearing coats. Those girls do not with their coats either.
Speaker 1: How do you know this.
Speaker 7: I'm a junior high teacher. That's a question your high.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, why are you calling us today? Aren't you off from school?
Speaker 7: Of course I am, but I'm on my way to uh drawn off at daycare?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, sweet, so you're gonna still take him to daycare even though you're not working.
Speaker 7: Of course I am. You have no idea how I'm what I'm about to get down today?
Speaker 1: I know what I get it. All right, we'll have.
Speaker 7: I'm going to do the laundry.
Speaker 1: Great, all right, I'm not judging. Thank you for the call. I appreciate you. You Bye.