Speaker 1: It is Thursday, Seer twelve, twenty twenty five. Watch to get to today from a new Nancy Got three clue to Pam Bonding, melts down during an intense Epstein debate, and a reality TV star fired after a blooper goes viral. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text san more, Hey there Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, see leg what's happening?
Speaker 1: Hello to you. You can join us on the show today. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to the Newsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today.
Speaker 3: You can also watch.
Speaker 2: The show on YouTube and Twitch dot tv.
Speaker 1: Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling a right at the studio in real time.
Speaker 2: How's everybody doing on a Thursday?
Speaker 1: Pumped?
Speaker 4: Yeah, bumps?
Speaker 2: What are we before Thursday? Yeah, it's on the streets, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on this street coming up in a couple hours on this show, so we'll see what happens with that. You can join in on the action. If we pick one of you to play for, then you might be able to win a prize a little bit later on in the show. On Fritz on the Street at the Greatest Game in all of radio. Right now, let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, and let's see what's happening to.
Speaker 3: This great, big, wide world of ours.
Speaker 1: We go to New York City, in New York shity, that's right, New York City, the big Old Apple and all that stuff, where they found a secret entrance to the underground railroad in New York City. That's right, they found a secret entrance to the underground railroad. And when I saw it, when they unveiled this on the news, I'll play it for you in just second here when they unveil that, I go, oh this, this wouldn't have worked. This, this would not have worked in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Well, we also just WoT for it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, here we go.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's check in with the story from Spectrum News.
Speaker 3: Here all right, they're opening the drawer.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, and underneath these drawers is the path to freedom. Once removed, there's a hatch.
Speaker 4: That's how big.
Speaker 6: A hole is.
Speaker 2: So small before there is no.
Speaker 1: Bro modern day Americans would have been all done for.
Speaker 3: There is no I mean the hole is the.
Speaker 1: Size of a cat door that they had inside this drawer.
Speaker 2: That you pull out and then it goes down to like an.
Speaker 1: Underground cavern, but it's no bigger around than maybe like a shoe box or something.
Speaker 4: I'm a little claustrophobic looking at it.
Speaker 7: But if you find yourself wanting freedom via underground railroad and you're a little too big in twenty twenty six, you do a couple of rounds of ozempic.
Speaker 2: And you might have to Yeah, this is a gus.
Speaker 4: You're up a little bit.
Speaker 1: If I've ever seen a GLP hole, this is one that we're looking at right here. But they just found this for whatever reason, and they're showing off.
Speaker 2: It's so weird. It reminds me of there was an episode.
Speaker 3: Of Seinfeld Patrick's Day.
Speaker 1: Uh, there is an episode of Seinfeld that was he to say, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not gonna make it. Nothing to make it. I ain't gonna make it. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: I don't even know if Sabrina would make it. No average human would make it. In twenty twenty six, it's literally the size of.
Speaker 2: A cat door.
Speaker 7: I might make it, but I would be farting on the way out for sure.
Speaker 1: Give me, give me this here. If you lock yourself out of your house, Sabrina, and the only way to get back in is a cat door. Could you make it through a cat door?
Speaker 4: Cat door? Absolutely not No, that one.
Speaker 7: I mean that looks like the size of a very big tile, right, maybe the size of my monopoly board.
Speaker 1: Let's stick with cat door. Everybody knows how big a cat door is. I really think it's about it's about like like not not maybe a foot tall. Yeah, and you could squeeze through there. I feel like you.
Speaker 3: Might be able to get through a cat door.
Speaker 1: But Seland and I are just we're we're back.
Speaker 4: To the Yeah, put the dresser drawer back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: But the dresser drawer reminds me of this episode of Seinfeld they had where Kramer, I think it was Kramer had had these little Olympians living in the drawers in his house huge that he had these huge drawers in his house, like for a big dresser. Kramer did, and he would pull him out, and then the Olympians would crawl in the dresser drawers because they were so big, and then he would shut them and then he made the mistake. He was supposed to wake them up for the Olympics. But Kramer forgot and he let they was stuck inside the drawer.
Speaker 2: No, there was there was another factor to that. He is that one I had a hot tub inside and then the steam like walk the wood and they were all locked inside. Then he started a stupidest show ever. Oh god, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's see what else happens with this underground railroad secret passage they found.
Speaker 5: And then you can see this rectangular opening because oh wow, it leads to an enclosed space about two feet by two feet. A ladder then leads down to the ground floor. You guys knew this was here.
Speaker 6: Yes, we still saying anything.
Speaker 8: We knew it, but we didn't really understand what we were looking at.
Speaker 5: Now they know the Merchant's house was also a safe house for enslaved Africans who escaped bondage.
Speaker 1: You know what, of all the things defining your house, that's a pretty cool one. I'm not gonna lie though, if I wanted to find the coolest hidden thing in my old house, if I had one, it would definitely still be like a speakeasy kind of thing. That would still be the coolest thing. But this is pretty cool as well. And they found this at this place in New York City, a passage to the underground railroad for back in the day. All right, there you go a close call here, uh. In the opening clip front brings us to Shanghai, China, And I might as well just show you guys this because this is horror Central. The ground just completely opened up in this area in Shanghai, China. I'll put this up on see it now so everybody can get a peak of this. But let me run it for the YouTubers and twitch folks. Here it is in Shanghai, China. The ground just wow opens.
Speaker 4: Up shang at lower huh.
Speaker 1: Completely swallows all of this stuff.
Speaker 2: And what are these people doing here? I never get that, bro.
Speaker 6: Run we get out.
Speaker 2: I be trying to get down the underground railroad door to get that.
Speaker 1: They're maybe not underground, that would be bad. This is underground, but they're they're just standing.
Speaker 2: We're gonna fit down that one show barely.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you're going to go anywhere after that.
Speaker 2: We're just barely gonna squeeze in this one.
Speaker 1: It's a couple of football fields, big possibly they're all just kind of standing, folks, like imagine the ground opens up You're in some movie about the end of the world and a huge fissure opens up and the ground completely you know, reveals itself. And then you are looking over the edge looking down into it.
Speaker 4: Remember correctly it keeps opening up.
Speaker 3: Yeah it could. Yeah, well no, this does.
Speaker 1: They're standing on the precipice of this massive sinkhole and just steps away from absolutely.
Speaker 2: Finally they run. Finally they run out.
Speaker 9: Of the.
Speaker 2: Very very bizarre So a visual here. Obviously, I'll put this up on See It Now because.
Speaker 1: This is an unbelievable shot of the ground opening up in Shanghai, China. Yeah, that's I mean, they were like right on the edge of this and they're like, well, you know, I I think we're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be okay, let's all just be lucky lose.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with this right now. Not a great idea to say the least, but there you go. I'm putting it up right now over on the See It Now section of the News Junkie app. This is how when something is a visual on the show, I understand you're listening to it on this fine radio station. China hole opens up. There you go, it is ready for you. A China hole will do the trick. I think you'll know what we're getting at. Shanghai is where this took place. Just for the record, and now I've got it up for you. Go over to the Newsjunkie dot com in to see it now section.
Speaker 2: You'll see exactly what I'm talking about. It's pretty crazy. All right, there you go.
Speaker 1: We got Fritz on the street in a couple of hours. All right, all right, feeling zero percent confident that as per usual, Yeah, feeling zero percent confident. Did want to talk just for a moment about something from yesterday. Selan had found at the tail end of the show that James Vanderbeek, actor Dawson's Creek star All the Rest, had died. He had passed away after a public bout with cancer. And he got to the point where some people get mad at this. You know, I, for a lot of personal reasons, do not get mad at this at all, but some people get mad because he got to the point where he was like.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do the regimen anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't like he was like, they told me I'm not going to make it through, So I don't want my final months to be as sick as I would otherwise be, which is a decision that some people make, and it's I think it should be something that's a personal decision.
Speaker 3: And that's what he did.
Speaker 1: He decided that he wanted to get away from all the chemotherapy and treatments after fighting for quite a while, but wanted to be as healthy as he could in.
Speaker 2: The run up.
Speaker 1: And for those of you who don't know, if you seek out chemotherapy or you know, radiation treatment or any of these other treatments, he might do it. Really, what it does is basically brings you to the verge of death in an effort to kill all the cancer inside your body and bring you right close to death. But then you recover and the cancer doesn't recover. That's legitimately what chemotherapy does inside the human body. And so if you don't make it through your whole time, maybe if you have six months left, will be you very ill, You'll be losing your hair, you'll be frail. He didn't want to do that, and last year he had posted this video of himself. He posted, I don't even I don't want to start with it. I'll save it for later. Have you guys seen the video he posted? No he posted a video.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think he was in the hospital or like maybe just at home sitting there. I hesitate to play it now, but it is just so interesting to me. Here he is, here's James Vanderbeek, and then a story about him in just a moment after his passing yesterday. But this is a clip that got me.
Speaker 10: Is my birthday, and it has been the hardest year of my life. I wanted to share something that I learned with y'all. When I was younger, I used to define myself as an actor, right, which was never really all that fulfilling. And then it became a husband and that was much better. And then it became a father and that was the ultimate. I could define myself then as a loving, capable, strong, supportive husband, father, provider, steward of the land that were so lucky to live on. And for a long time that felt like a really good definition to the question who am I?
Speaker 2: What am I?
Speaker 10: And then this year I had to look my own mortality in the eye.
Speaker 1: So this is after obviously he figured out that he had cancer and the US time was limited, and he's talking about just just trying to struggle with who he was as a person who am I? And at first it was like, I'm me. Then I'm an actor. Then I'm a husband, and then I'm a father, and then steward of the land, and the steward of the.
Speaker 3: Land, and then and then he found out that he had cancer.
Speaker 10: And tocome nose to nose with death in all of those definitions that I cared so deeply about were stripped from me. I was away for treatment, so I could no longer be a husband that was helpful to my wife. I could no longer be a father who could pick up his kids and put them to bed and be there for them. I could not be a provider because I wasn't working. I couldn't even be a steward of a land because at times I was too weak to prune all the trees during the window that you're supposed to prune.
Speaker 3: Them out there prune in the trees.
Speaker 10: And so I was faced with a cross fire, just a too skinny, weak guy alone in an apartment with cancer. What am I?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 10: And I met it and the answer came through I am worthy of God's love simply because I exist.
Speaker 3: This is like a guy trying to figure out what it's all about and.
Speaker 10: I also be worthy of my own and the same is true for you. And as I moved through this healing portal towards recovery, I wanted to share that with you because I think that revelation that came to me was doing no small parts all the prayers and the love that had been directed toward me. So I offer that to you. However it sits in your consciousness, however it resonates, run with it. And if the word God trips you up, I certainly don't know. I get claim to know what God is or explain God. My efforts to connect to God are an ongoing process that is a constant, unfolding mystery to me. But if it's a trigger it feels too religious, you can take the word God out and your mantra can simply be I am worthy of love of because you are. Thank you for the looking prayers everyone, I have a blessing.
Speaker 3: Damn man, I thought that was pretty brutal.
Speaker 1: It's like him kind of struggle in with what what life is all about, and how definitions of what you're supposed to be and what you are really kind of get washed out when you realize that you only have a limited amount of time left, and true for anybody who's been anywhere near that, he seemed like, you know, I didn't know him. I don't know from from anybody. It seems like a nice guy, seems.
Speaker 2: Like a like a like a du children man.
Speaker 1: Six kids left behind, six kids left behind.
Speaker 3: And now because everybody.
Speaker 1: Right give the family some residuals, they gotta damn they have to have a go fund me for the family of this guy, which was just so crazy to me to even consider that that would be the case. And there are like a lot of celebrities jumping up and donating. I'm looking at it right now, one point four to six, so they really have one, no, no, for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he left. Apparently he left.
Speaker 1: He left six kids behind and his wife, obviously James Vanderbeet did. And he spent all the money trying to keep himself, you know, live toward the end and just kind of ran out of money because of he was an actor. He didn't have health insurance, didn't have like a rigid structured job.
Speaker 2: He wasn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hasn't been acted for years, especially you know now that he was he was sick and stuff so they had to do a damn GoFundMe, which is like such a condemnation of the health insurance system I think really in the United States of America.
Speaker 2: But anyhow, hate.
Speaker 1: To start off on a foot like that, but I thought it was a really great message from him. So we'll put that behind us and we'll move along here. It was something to look at. We got your emails coming in. We got updates, big updates in fact, on the Nancy Guthrie case. They found a clue. They found a clue and the Nancy Guthrie case. What did they find and what does it all mean? That new info is on the way and it's coming up next on the News Junkie. Everybody so far wants to be anonymous. It's like, keep me anonymous, keep me anonymous, give me all right, we'll see what you guys got. I got some emails here lined up. We'll see what you want to be anonymous for. If you want to be anonymous, put that on the top. Otherwise, email your thoughts whatever you have on your mind today at tips at the newsjunky dot com. Before we get into this, Savannah got three Nancy Guthrie clue update. Thing I did see it today, and I do find this to.
Speaker 2: Be very interesting.
Speaker 1: They're going to be using Elon Musk's boring company, the meaning like the company they did toles in the ground. They're going to make a tunnel in Orlando, Florida. Shuit talked about that, right, Yeah, Now they have tapped the boring company from Elon Musk to do a tunnel between Universal Studios and Epic Universe.
Speaker 2: They're going to build interrusting.
Speaker 1: They're literally gonna be like drilling underground, boring if you will, underground and making a transit tunnel connecting Universal Orlando and Epic Universe. And now there's a couple of thoughts on this, Like some people are like, well, are they gonna do what they did in Vegas, which to me is stupid. It's so dumb. Don't do the Vegas thing. It's oh, wow, look we dug a hole a tunnel in Vegas. You get in your Tesla or whatever car and you go into the tunnel and then it like pulls you along and you go into like a loop and it's not even fast, really, I don't think.
Speaker 3: And it's just so stupid and useless.
Speaker 2: Is it a small sorry one at a time.
Speaker 7: Is that the thing you brought like Gail King along with and it was just like a weird car ride.
Speaker 1: I don't know who is it. Yeah, there's nothing to it. It's not really exciting. It's just like I'm underground right now. Okay. I think they should build a literal underground railroad. I think they should put you know they have going from one Universal Park to the other. Yeah, from from Universal to Islands of Adventure and back. They got the Harry Potter train. Make that, but underground.
Speaker 4: That's what I imagine what they're doing.
Speaker 7: Everyone's been an epic about So they do have like their tunnels ready the vortex to go into each world. So I imagine that's going to be the theme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if they have, if they go, Okay, you want to go to Epic Universe, get on this train and you get on the train and it goes underground and you zuot over to Epic Universe and you pop up.
Speaker 3: In Harry Potter Land over there.
Speaker 1: That would be I mean, come on now that we're talking, but not for cars, please don't it does it's a waste.
Speaker 4: You don't have a tesla, can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said a representative for a company that's part of this project confirm. The scope involves connecting the different Universal parks and city walk to reduce traffic excuse me, and make it easier for tourists to visit all Universal properties. Just don't put cars down there. A train, all right, a train. Somebody says Florida is too close to the aquafer. Well, I'm going to trust that they know more about that than you do. I'm going to trust the ground diggers that they know more about this than you do. And they can build the underground railroad without your health.
Speaker 4: It has to be a different name, Sean.
Speaker 1: We'll see, well and what else. It's underground and it will be a rail road.
Speaker 2: Subway works just fine, Uh.
Speaker 3: That's not really going to be a subway.
Speaker 1: Subway implies in some way, at least to me, that there's going to be multiple destinations you're gonna go. You can be able to traverse the city. You can't do that in this well, not yet. At least we'll see what happens. Let us know what you think and if you would ever try that to go over to thenewschunkie dot com right now.
Speaker 3: But they're gonna be boring.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be taking their their stupid little machine and starting to dig into the ground. I had thought my entire life, and I still think, by the way, that the future of travel is up. All right, it's not down. I don't know why we're like mole men going into the ground to bypass traffic. The way to bypass traffic is up. Where we were told that there were gonna be flying cars, that there was gonna be hoverboards, that there was gonna be ways for us to zoot around like the Jetsons or something, and not molemen.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be a moleman. I want to be a Jetson. Okay, if that's a possibility, I would.
Speaker 4: Like to choose.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Yes, I want one off.
Speaker 1: That's my little Jetson's flying around. I still have a steering wheel on. I don't know why they have a steering wheel on it. They do me courting or flying along and all you suckers that are mobile the steering.
Speaker 3: Wheel death to molemn. Oh yeah, I think right, didn't have.
Speaker 2: A little steering wheels Let me see the Jetsons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wellans car Because as far as we know, albeit from a very very long time ago, the Jetson's vehicles were the future.
Speaker 2: That was like a stick?
Speaker 3: Was it trying to bring it up?
Speaker 2: I think a little more like a helicopter, like a joystick kind of thing. Yeah, all right there flying around in that. But tell me that's not a better way than going underground. Now when you got pulled over by that Jetson cop there? Where where do you even get pulled over? To let me tell you something. If I'm in a space vehicle, ain't no cop pulling me over. It ain't happening on the land.
Speaker 3: I'll do it on the ground with the mole men.
Speaker 2: I'll do it. Do you like the Jetsons? I already know the answer this question. Do you have a separate little flying vehicle for your dog? Or does the dog go in the main.
Speaker 3: Lady is in the vehicle and you know it.
Speaker 2: Astro is not allowed in the score astro. Did you see is there one of those pictures?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You see it.
Speaker 7: With all of that anology, why can't the dog be in there with them?
Speaker 2: Because dogs are gross?
Speaker 1: In the fifties, they were gross.
Speaker 7: Flying car and a car flying car for the dog, and they can't have some sort of great shampoo though, make sure.
Speaker 2: Dogs it's on a tether. Okay, yeah, it's because Elroy is holding the leash.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, this is how much they cared about dogs back then when this was done.
Speaker 2: What was it, Jetson's fifties, sixties, nothing like that and something like that.
Speaker 3: So the different world with dogs.
Speaker 1: Now we all love our dogs and they sleep in our beds and stuff, but back then that wasn't the case. And they have the Jetsons flying vehicle above ground. That part's right. Then, Elroy, the little baby has a tether like a string which goes to a second vehicle where the.
Speaker 2: Dog is flying around.
Speaker 3: So a little kid could just release the dog.
Speaker 1: And then he's floating out into space and never to be seen again. This is what they thought about dogs back then. But that's not how it's going to be in my future. My future is we're not moleman underground. Death to the molemen. I want to be above land. I would be flying around, no traffic. Who cares about the cops when you're flying around and lady, my dog is coming inside the vehicle. It's twenty twenty six, baby, let's change things. But I'll still I'll ssoll do the underground rail road thing, if you want to do that at least to get me from one part to another.
Speaker 2: I mean, let's know what you think your description of it is a little more close if it's the Tesla, because that just looks very claustrophobic. It's tiny. Yeah, yeah, it's still walk Uh it's too far.
Speaker 1: It's too far for the average American and they're not going to be able to pull that off, I don't think.
Speaker 2: But we want to see what you think. Would you ever try that?
Speaker 1: Would you ever go in one of these things that the boring company Elon Musk's boring company is involved in. Let us know, send us a dispa thenews Junkie dot com. All right, I've got a bunch on this, uh Guthrie update. Should we take a break? We could do that now, right, Kim I R no, let me know. Just just all right, but we're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, we'll get into the update and the new clue in the Nancy Guthrie search. We'll also get into Pambondi's meltdown. I've got a ton of clips today. We're going to get to all of it. It's all in the way that's all coming up next. I'm going to use chunk ye. I saw this poll and and I cannot believe how many fence sitters they are on this issue. I'll get to the Nancy Guthrie update in just a moment here, I promise, because this is a relatively unimportant story, but I did just see it in Indigenous Grab Attention, and this story was about whether or not people in this polling data think it's acceptable, think it's acceptable to call anything that's not actually milk a plant based milk, alternative milk, so oat milk, soy.
Speaker 2: Milk, all of those things.
Speaker 1: When they asked this to these people five thousand actual human beings with beating hearts, forty one percent of people said it should be able to be called milk if it's not milk, and thirty eight percent said no. And I'm most concerned with twenty one percent of people sitting on the fence on this issue when you all should know better. If it ain't milk, it ain't milk, and they shouldn't be able to put it into the title. But I'm really really amazing how such fun in terms as nut milk, true, nut milk ain't milk, it's not juice at best.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: They've been they've been really trying to I'm trying not to say milk. They've been really trying to milk the situation where the milk industry has spent so much money advertising and they just slide in behind it, Well, then why milk?
Speaker 2: Why has the milk industry not won some grand lawsuit against the nut milk people, because we already know that there's there have been, there's some sort of legal precedence that allow or that forces people that make like fake chicken wings, or like chicken wings that don't have bones inside them or aren't necessarily made of wing meat, that have to spell it with a Y, or spell.
Speaker 1: It chi k n right, that's what they should have to do so, or with crab, doesn't crab have that with a K?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the fake stuff, this says.
Speaker 1: The Ninth Circuit Court affirms the dismissal of an almond milk labeling lawsuit. In an unpublished opinion, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the dismissal of a class action lawsuit against Blue Diamond Growers. The lawsuit alledged the company's almond milk. Produs products were mislabeled under Food and Drug Administration law. Use of the term almond milk misled customer into thinking the products were nutritionally equivalent to dairy milk, and they dismissed the case. I cannot believe this is an injustice.
Speaker 7: I thought it was already determined that, you know, milk from cows isn't all that nutritional, doesn't really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could get stuff out of it, right, I mean there's like yeah, I mean, like I know it was overblown, and I think if that's what you're referring to, Sabrina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they were like, milk does a.
Speaker 4: Body good, helps your bones grow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like my mom would literally be like, drink up all that milk.
Speaker 3: It helps your bones grow, and.
Speaker 2: It has calcium in it. It doesn't help your bones grow. This is lies. This is lies. Help bones grow. Your bones grow on their own. You don't need any Milk helps bones grow and stay strong by providing a rich, bioavailable source of calcium, phosphorus and protein. Found the Big Milk during childhood and adolescens.
Speaker 6: Found the Big.
Speaker 4: One's the website that's from milk dot com.
Speaker 2: It is from the University of Rochester.
Speaker 1: I don't trust them. I don't trust that that's the University of Rochester.
Speaker 7: I do want to throw something at you, though, because I want to look at the definition of milk.
Speaker 4: Do we trust Miriam Webster the dictionary?
Speaker 2: Sometimes it depends on milk, I might though, we only trust the things that back up his stance here. No, that's not true. I only trust the things that.
Speaker 1: They haven't like changed because they were trying to be politically correct or something.
Speaker 3: But what do they say for milk?
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm just gonna throw this out there and already know your response.
Speaker 2: But here we go.
Speaker 7: It does say a fluid secreted by the mammary glands of females for the nourishment of their young. Be milk from an animal, and especially cow, used.
Speaker 4: As food by people.
Speaker 7: Be two a food product produced from seeds or fruit that resembles and is used similarly to cow's milk.
Speaker 2: Prop that's propaganda right there.
Speaker 1: It's it's a grandma's propaganda that makes so that's.
Speaker 2: Why you screaming like a proper grandpa. You are a proper grandpa.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, everybody, get off the fence, take a side. I don't think that if you take a bunch of nuts and squeeze some kind of fluid out.
Speaker 2: Of them, that you have made milk.
Speaker 1: I don't think that, and I don't think you do either, So why are we letting them lie to us? Nut juice might not be good branding. I agree with you. I think that that's not good. I think that there are other.
Speaker 2: Things that could call them cream nut cream.
Speaker 4: Definitely, that sounds good, that sounds college.
Speaker 1: Well, I know what you could do with Yeah, I mean you could do that, but I also think it's more legitimate as to what it is. You squeeze something and you've got some sort of liquid to come out of.
Speaker 2: It, and then the cream people are going to come after you. The cream people could fight their own wars. I don't care about the cream people. That's further down the road from milk.
Speaker 4: I don't know how you're going to fight almond and oat milk people.
Speaker 1: I could take them on. I you're in a milk drinker. No, not a single oat. But we're talking at the same time. There's not a single oat milk drinker in the audience that could take me down, not one of you. Okay, not a single one of you oat milk drinkers. So I'm not worried about that contingency of the audience. I'm only worried about the facts. The facts are milk comes from an animal's teat, and those of you who can't take a stance on this are lost. It's not a great American cause or anything, but it's one of those things where we've got to face the facts.
Speaker 3: We can't let them.
Speaker 1: Change the definitions of everything until nothing means anything anymore.
Speaker 3: Back in my day, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Back in my day, milk had a meaning, and that meaning was that it came out of an animal and you're drinking it and soy milk is garbage. So take a side, everybody. There will be no fence sitters. There will be no don't know crowd in this. As a matter of fact, I'll put it up right now. Is oat milk?
Speaker 2: No, I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't phrase it that way. Should plant based milk?
Speaker 2: That's what we'll do. Plant based milk be called milk.
Speaker 1: Or I'm putting this up at the news junkie dot Com slash pole.
Speaker 2: You guys will be the final say in this. You join your side. In Spanish cultures. Soy milk is just regular cow's milk that speaks for itself.
Speaker 4: This is a good point ceiling.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, because of the words soy.
Speaker 2: I see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I mean I didn't know if this was something about Spanish culture and milk that I didn't know. Yeah, more more nonsense than anything else. Join aside here in this battle. Go to the news Junkie dot com slash pole The news Junkie dot com slash pole. I will accept your answers as a people, and then we'll move on from this because there are far more important things to talk about here on planet Earth, and I know you have thoughts on them. So all right, here we go. A couple of emails coming into the sho show. Let's see what we got. This person says, I'd like to be anonymous to tips at Thenewsjoki dot com. I was talking recently about how people are now getting their first power bills after this really really intense cold that hit the United States of America and the Southeast in particular. People were firing up their heaters and now they're seeing power bills. People in Florida with power bills up to like one thousand dollars because it was so cold.
Speaker 2: Anonymous says, I work for a power company, all right, so we got is from the inside.
Speaker 1: First off, in normal months, my power bill is around two hundred and fifty to three hundred dollars. Over the cold snap, it was three hundred and seventy five. I guess my house just has good insulation. Second off, I work for a power company, only working the supply chain, so I'm not how sure are the power generation works, but I know there's some insanely sophisticated technology that goes into creating the power. Not to mention that we are unionized or a base pay goes up every year, must be nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are so.
Speaker 1: Many people that work for this company to keep everything running and maintaining that it is insane to consider. Not to mention all the contractors they have to.
Speaker 2: Hire, he says, Is this why we're paying more because all these damn employees and their unions.
Speaker 4: Is he gonna at a discount?
Speaker 1: Another thing you have to take into consideration is we're constantly upgrading the power grade to compensate for all the new construction.
Speaker 3: Sorry for any weird typos, don't worry.
Speaker 1: Have a great day. Sorry about the high cost of your power bill, says the power bill insider. Fair enough, I'll take it, thank you so much. Another anonymous person chiming in about the super Bowl commercial that got their attention. Sorry behind all the podcast as always, but I heard you talking about the Backstreet Boys coin Base commercial.
Speaker 3: That was the sing a long one right.
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was karaoke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was karaoke with the words on the screen, and.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 7: A good amount of people we're singing along because it was a long commercial worked. And then as soon as you go to sing it all in that last note, they ripped the rug from it.
Speaker 6: Under you.
Speaker 1: It caught my attention, and then it caught a bunch of people's attention. And I know it was Coinbase, which means it is better than ninety percent of the other commercials out there. I'm about to tell you how much they have made from it.
Speaker 2: This person says.
Speaker 1: Anonymous says, well, would you guys like to guess first? Okay, so he's saying this, This anonymous person is saying, I'm going to tell you how much they have made from the commercial. Oh, I guess the Backstreet Boys. How much the Backstort Boys have made? But would you like to guess, I haven't read it. You guys want to guess how much the Backstreet Boys made for their song being used in that Super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm going to say ten million dollars, all right.
Speaker 2: Ten I'm going to say six no no no no no no, no, no no no no, ten bitcoin apiece, ten bitcoin, all right.
Speaker 1: That's like six hundred thousand, seven hundred thousand dollars. They were paid exactly zero for it, Anonymous says.
Speaker 3: And it's not them singing in the commercial.
Speaker 1: They were surprised to see the commercial since they didn't know about it ahead of time. According to a music producer friend of mine, it maybe because it wasn't their voices and their certain karaoke rules where you have to pay a small feed to re record music and vocals. They don't use the master in the commercial, so he doesn't think the Backstreet Boy's.
Speaker 4: Got anything that's kind of screwy for that.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, that's kind of crazy to think about. And they didn't even know there's not going to be in there. That might be a mechanical license. They yeah, because they I guess at that point their performance is not being used. Then did they contribute to whatever was played there. Did they write a song? I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's interesting though, but but he's saying that they did not make any money in that particular instance, the Backstreet Boys from the super Bowl commercial. We'll throw it out there if anybody's heard. More tips at the news junker.
Speaker 2: Dot com t I p s at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: I'll check that poll momentarily. It's the most serious poll that's ever been done in the history of this show.
Speaker 3: So I want to hear from you. This is democracy manifest.
Speaker 1: Go to the news junkie dot com slash pole, Thenewsjunkie dot com slash pole.
Speaker 3: Have your voice heard.
Speaker 1: Should they be able to call anything that is not actually mal oat, milk, soy, milk, nut, milk, all the rest? Should they be able to actually call it milk? No fence sitters. I only allowed yes or no in this poll, and I look forward to seeing your response. I'll accept it as the truth. At the Newsjunkie dot com slash pole. All right back with your feedback and a whole buch more momentarily, Oh, we got a couple of minutes, actually, hanh one. More email tips to the news junki dot com. Hi All says this person's my family has been.
Speaker 3: That sounds strange.
Speaker 2: All.
Speaker 1: Firstly, my family and I have always been movie buffs my whole life, and when the film Taken was released, it brought up conversation quite a bit in my family. I was twenty years old, but it was released in theaters just about to start my junior year at FSU. And my dad always told me, never pay a ransom ransom for me because they'll kill me anyway, so you'll have a dead dad and be out of money. Let's hit pause there. Would you tell your family, your loved ones, whomever, that if if someone abducted you, you didn't want them to pay the ransom, pay it. You'd say, says pay the ransom, Celian. Would you tell your family, your wife, little jackson? Would you tell them, like, hey, if somebody that's the dark to tell somebody. You gotta know you guys like being cremated or being buried in a coffin.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: For me, you have to you have to share this with people. Would you tell your family pay the ransom or would you.
Speaker 2: Say, ah, it's not it's not worth it, don't do it. I would probably tell them pay the ransom.
Speaker 3: Wow, to pay the ransom?
Speaker 2: People?
Speaker 1: Your answer, pay the ransom? Yeah, please, I'd like to live. I'm not done yet.
Speaker 2: I I mean, come on, you imagine though, But like saying that, thinking you're never going to be kidnapped, and then once you are kidnapped and you're like, why did I tell them not to ransom? You're like, can I please send a message? Just pay it? Forget whatever I said? I was wrong?
Speaker 1: Is this you thought you were never gonna have to weigh in on it. My dad is a serious, dead serious person, and he brought it up again when Nancy Guthrie disappeared.
Speaker 3: The even darker part is that.
Speaker 1: There's a slightly increased possibility my dad would be kidnapped versus your average Joe. He has a mouth on him and visits other countries often, which is so nice for me to think about every time he leaves the United States. Just thought you'd enjoy my story. It sounds fun. Love you guys. Have a great Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, says Brandy the liquor Gal.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brandy, appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we will take a quick break when we come back. Actually, should I check in? Let me check in on the poll. All right, then, I'm sure at least a couple of people that vote. This is the most important poll in the history of this show. I'm going to vote too, because I want my vote. Herd all right, just validated my vote.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: Now, I want to see what the results are.
Speaker 1: Oh god, okay, should plant batement based milk be called milk?
Speaker 2: The No's are winning.
Speaker 1: They're with me Team Sean so far, the nose are winning sixty four percent to thirty five percent. They're saying plant based milk should not be called milk. I knew it. I knew you folks would come out of the woodwork the news Junkie dot Com slash pole will We'll let this go for the duration of the show and then the final answer will be rendered at the end with whatever you guys came up with. So check Thenewsjunkie dot Com slash pole when we come back. I'll finally work in the brand new clues in the Nancy Guthrie case. We got a new clue something that they found when they were searching around, In fact, a couple of things that they found. What does it all mean, And what are Nancy Guthrie's neighbors now starting to do that's a little bit bizarre.
Speaker 2: That is coming up next in the news.
Speaker 1: Chunkie new updates in the mystery disappearance of Nancy Guthrie, that is Savannah Guthrie of the Today Show, her her mother. And they said they've found a glove. They've found one of these gloves, and I think they even found both of them possibly. I'll get into the update in just a moment, but I was saying that it looked like ceiling. I'm gonna screw this up again, Neil Nirol, like a like a black like.
Speaker 2: It's not Nira Nerhile Nirol that that's like what doctors would wear and stuff.
Speaker 1: But like a black glove, like a latex kind of glove.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought it was.
Speaker 1: And then Celen pointed out a trouple of the photos or a couple of the shots that people have taken from this, it looked like it had.
Speaker 3: A seam on it.
Speaker 1: In the the whole battle was is this a leather glove or is this just like a rubber.
Speaker 4: Glove n nitril nat nitrol glove.
Speaker 1: So it just looks like a medical glove, but a black one. They've found I believe two of them.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's kind of hard to see from this too, because.
Speaker 7: The footage looked like like leather snow gloves.
Speaker 4: It looks medical.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me something that I think it could be. And I'm going to bring this up at a second, and Ceely may have heard of this before, but I'm looking at the actual rubber glove that they found in somebody's backyard that they believe is from the abductor. And I still because it's like on a plant, it's a gordy to tell. They say, how close this backyard is. One of them was found in Nancy Guthrie's neighborhood. One of them was found in her neighborhood, and uh, that's why I think they might have found both of them right around them.
Speaker 3: But authorities appear to believe it.
Speaker 1: Was not a mile and a half, oh a mile and a half from her home, so near Nancy Guthrie's house, but a mile and a half away they found this it is, But I mean, how often if you went around your whole neighborhood would you find a glove like this?
Speaker 4: Probably maybe for the little box sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you would around here. I don't know if I've seen one walking around.
Speaker 1: But people were comparing it to and I had never heard of this before today. Hang on, let me bring this up. They were comparing it to something called a barbecue glove. Yeah, and I you you're.
Speaker 2: Familiar with this, Yeah, yeah, yeah, they have you know, if you have like a high temperature stuff that you're dealing with, they have these gloves. Yeah, and you wear them over your.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I have one of those that looks more like it doesn't because it looks thick because you have a glove underneath and then you have the disposable like latex kind of glove over the top of it.
Speaker 2: I have a whole bunch of those. I still think that one of the angles that looked like there was a seam in the glove, which would be which would lean closer to like a leather glove.
Speaker 3: Well, they believe that this is it and that they found it.
Speaker 2: Hold on.
Speaker 1: Here's Fox News talking about the clue found near at Nancy Guthrie's house.
Speaker 2: Here they are all along the FBI.
Speaker 12: Laura was kind of scanning these roads outside of Nancy Guthrie's house looking for something. They wouldn't tell us what they were looking for, but about two hours ago they finally did notify as telling us they did find one black glove. We now have video as well as pictures of the glove. In fact, Fox Digital has one source saying that they might have found actually two gloves, a set of gloves, which would double the odds of them coming back with some kind of DNA.
Speaker 2: If nice man, they might have found two gloves, which would double the amount of gloves they had old, are you sure about that? Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: I have a couple of questions that I want to stop here on because I.
Speaker 2: Do not work for the FBI and I am not some sort of investigator.
Speaker 3: So here's what my question is.
Speaker 1: If I put on a pair of latex gloves like that, can you pull a fingerprint from the inside of one.
Speaker 2: Of those gloves?
Speaker 1: Those gloves are literally like people use them to not leave a fingerprint.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you could. I do believe that you could still pull some sort of DNA.
Speaker 3: Because yeah, possibly you could, right, yeah.
Speaker 7: There's skin that could be left. I don't know how much DNA is in sweat, but well.
Speaker 1: He knows there could be Remember she was bleeding, Nancy Guthrie was when she left the front door of the house. There's blood by her front door. Her blood could even be on it. It could have gotten on these gloves, and that would confirm that it was the gloves used by the abductor and give you a path that this person was going when they left the house. They say, that is a big discovery right there.
Speaker 2: They say it's technically possible, but it's very difficult to get latex latent fingerprints from the inside of latex, nitral or vinyl glove left on crime scenes. They say, perspiration and oil from the wereskin will transfer to the inner surface and they could use their different methods of visualizing that, but like the flexibility of the material will distort the fingerprint, and that's like the whole thing you're looking for. And then sweat from inside the glove can also smudge it.
Speaker 1: And then not to mention if the person had gloves on, like we were just talking, underneath the latex gloves nothing and that might have been the way that they designed this so that it leaves nothing behind. But they've found a clue and they're looking at this clue to see if they can learn more about it now. Even if they don't find any DNA or a fingerprint on the gloves, if the gloves were indeed the gloves worn by the abductor of Nancy Guthrie, that's still a huge clue as to what direction this person went in and where they went after they abducted this woman. If there's gloves a mile in some change away from her house, that's going to tell the investigator's certain things. They'll learn some things about this even without the DNA. Let's see what else Fox says other than one plus one equals.
Speaker 12: A glove that belongs to a person who was on the porch we saw the video of from yesterday. You also have to keep in mind that we are in the middle of the desert here, and there is cactus everywhere, So gloves on the side of the road may not be all that out of the ordinary, because anybody who's working landscape would need hefty gloves to kind of work in and around this area.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't wear latex gloves aren't going to do anything for landscaping.
Speaker 2: Cactuses. Yeah, that's a lot by themselves.
Speaker 1: Now, you would just wear regular gloves like any other landscaper would wear to protect your hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the barbecue aspect is probably more likely than the landscape aspect.
Speaker 1: I see, I was just not familiar with that, but they's had a pretty common thing that people know in the barbecue world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I have a box of those somewhere.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, see, so that's a more normal thing that you would get these into people's hands.
Speaker 2: Or on their hands, even it could be a big break.
Speaker 12: I mean, it is clearly the biggest thing we have heard that has happened today and maybe a break. And the FBI of course is taking that evidence and analyzing it right now, and we're hoping to get some information on a lot of different things lading the possibility of getting more video out of the house.
Speaker 6: The FBI released a couple.
Speaker 12: Of new pictures today, but pretty much from the same angle as the video they released yesterday. Now we're waiting to see if camera's on the side of the house and in the back of the house might also be able to give us some images about what was going on.
Speaker 2: At the time. Yeah, God, around the time. Why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: Twelve days in the woman is eighty four years old, and she is not in good health. Why are we now going like, wow, we finally recovered some footage from the doorbell camera. Let's look at the other cameras. Maybe we should look at those, right, Like, this woman is coming closer to death every single moment that goes by. I don't mean to be dark, but I feel like that might be true. Like she's just not in good health. And as far as anybody knows, has anybody seen any report at all that said she might have her medicine with her?
Speaker 2: Nope, no, I haven't seen anything.
Speaker 7: And on top of not having her daily medication, it was shared that there was blood at the scene, and so she is also hurt.
Speaker 1: Right right, she's bleeding, she's hurt, she doesn't have her medicine. It's been twelve days, and we're like, oh, maybe the camera's might shows you. Guys, the clock is ticking, baby, you don't have a lot of time.
Speaker 4: Last very good. I feel like they are like, hey, do you think we should maybe interview some people or have we considered talking to neighbors. Let's wait until two weeks from now.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah they did. It took them a long time to do that too.
Speaker 1: They went both the neighbors in the last two days, but over ten days past before they did that. They've also determined his backpack. The backpack the abductor was wearing was likely one from Walmart, a Walmart brand backpack.
Speaker 3: It's a Zork Trail local Walmarts.
Speaker 4: Let's see, Yeah, that was sold last day.
Speaker 1: That's what they're trying to do. They're like, should we go and see all the purchases. Look at the security footage for an Ozark Trail backpack. It's got the high Viz stripes on it, and they think that's what the person may have been wearing, which is kind of another interesting little tie in. We're learning from this recovered video, but uh, I don't know. I mean, now the time is getting to a point where I think it's legitimate to consider whether or not this woman is still alive.
Speaker 3: We'll see what you think about all of this, though.
Speaker 2: Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. I'd heard Savannah Guthrie posted something new on her Instagram, So let me see Savannah gu three Instagram.
Speaker 3: I'll just bring it up live on the show.
Speaker 1: She's been chronicling this whole thing, and she's got some new posts.
Speaker 2: Here. Is this the newest one? Yeah, this is the newest one. Here.
Speaker 3: Let me turn on the audio just in case there's some volume.
Speaker 1: It says, from Savannah Guthrie, we will never give up on her, our lovely mom heart. Thank you for your prayers and hope. And it's like footage of mom in her.
Speaker 2: As a kid. That's weird.
Speaker 1: It's like family footage of the girls, her and her sister and mom from you know, way back in the day, and old photos of the mom and the family and stuff.
Speaker 4: I've never been in this situation, so I'm trying not to judge.
Speaker 1: She's just trying to hold on for hope. I don't think in any I could eat my words on this. I don't think in any version of this story, any version that I see playing out, do I think Savannah Guthrie had anything to do with it, right, Like, I just think she's legitimately reacting to all of these things that have happened to her.
Speaker 2: Versions of this story where Annie Guthrie is something to do with it.
Speaker 1: I think there are absolutely versions of this story where a family member that may have been involved. Yeah, I think there are absolutely versions of this story where somebody in the family could be involved, and we have other updates on that story I'll push to a little bit later on in the show. The most important thing in the world is obviously this pole right now, and participation is hopping. Should plant based milk be called milk? This is the bat battle of the century. This will end the debate. This will end the debate on this program. Should plant based milk be called milk? Everyone will have to abide by the results of this, and it is so close. It is neck and neck the whole time. I'm watching votes come in real time. I didn't put any link up on the homepage or anything, so you have to legitimately type in the newsjunkie dot com slash.
Speaker 4: Pole and the result news junking.
Speaker 7: We're sending it to the milk people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Big Nut and Big Milk will both get a copy of the results of this.
Speaker 2: Dear Big Nut.
Speaker 4: Yeah and Big not a minute, and.
Speaker 1: Big Milk, Nut and Milk, We've got some information for you. Are the more votes are coming in right now? It's fifty three percent. No, you're on the right track. Everybody, stay on this track, all right. We're gonna shut the door on this. It is only up until the end of the show and we will never talk about this again.
Speaker 2: This is the end of this debate. It's a debate ending pole.
Speaker 1: So have your say, Democracy manifest the newsjunkie dot Com slash pole no is winning, but just by a a hare a fraction fifty four to forty nine point forty six point nine six it is. It is probably a nut hair. It's about that length. More votes coming in now, all right, folks get in there. Should plant based milk be called milk? The final final debate on this is available at the news junky dot com slash pole. So I'll keep you updated throughout the show and we'll see what everybody thinks. Okay, real quick, let's work in one dispatch. Here's Mystic Ridges talking about fingerprints because we're bringing this up in the Guthrie case.
Speaker 4: Morning News Junkies.
Speaker 2: Miss Bridges, here, your P and J.
Speaker 13: Layton Print Examiner extraordinaire. I wanted to chime in about the gloves and the possibility of getting fingerprints off of them, and it is absolutely a possibility. Those thin latex gloves, people can still leave fingerprints behind when they touch something. They found those thick gardening gloves. There is a chance they can get a fingerprint from the inside of that. I mean, it depends on how much it was touched, you know, after that there's dirt on it if it rained, But it's possibility, and I hope they are trying.
Speaker 14: But go, go pop pop.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's a really interesting and helpful information.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: TD says, enough enough about Nancy Guthrie.
Speaker 2: Let's see what TD says.
Speaker 15: He I understand it's newsworthy, but the Nancy Guthrie deal and it's weird, right, nobody knows.
Speaker 4: It's just odd old lady everything.
Speaker 15: There's also a fifteen year old girl from Avino today that is missing and squat right, So these young kids are getting trafficked all the time, kids go missing and we hear nothing. This Nancy Guthrie thing has just been NonStop for what over week?
Speaker 4: So anyways, bye, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: It's probably the most interesting story of the year so far. It's a mystery with tons of twists and turns, and it's got and we're not talking about ice it Scott the nation transfixed. I like that element too, that it's not nearly as divisive.
Speaker 2: And frustrating, though I'm I'm invested.
Speaker 1: I think it's an interesting story that people are definitely tuned into across the country, and it's because there are so many unknowns here that there is a fifteen year old girl missing in Ovido. I hope that story gets the attention that it's looking for. I hope you also know TD like almost everybody in that case, teenagers, when they end up going missing, they put out a report for them, and almost all of them are found very very quickly. I don't know what you've seen about young kids getting trafficked all the time. I see there's like a whole version of TikTok where it's big on that, like your kids are going to get trafficked, your kids are going to be stolen. If you go to your car and you see a mark on your tire, it's because the traffickers are in the neighborhood. I don't believe that that's some sort of common thing. I don't think that young kids are getting trafficked quote all the time unquote.
Speaker 2: I think the kids go missing.
Speaker 1: I think that when the stories break through in some way, we get to the level that we're at now, you get to this level, you know, they do this with kids all the time. If there's enough twists and turns in the story grabs America's attention, everyone will jump right in. But thank you anyways for your take over there on the newsjunkie dot com. When we come back, we'll get to an update on some explosions, some fireworks yesterday. I want to see what everybody thinks about this where Pam Bondy was getting questioned in Washington, and it got nasty for a little while. But we'll see what you think and we'll get to more of your feedback in just a moment.
Speaker 2: That's coming up next.
Speaker 1: In the news Chunky, I gotta get to some a little little heated friction field for just a moment here, though.
Speaker 2: I got to talk about this because yesterday I saw.
Speaker 3: Clips galore of Pam Bondy.
Speaker 1: And we'll get past the political stuff, even though this is only moderately political in a way, but Pam Bondy going in front of Congress on the Epstein files and the congressional people of course, like everything's political and all these people are lying, all right, that's just a fact. Everything's political and all of them are lying, and if you don't think your side is lying, then you've drank the kool aid. Okay, they're all grifters and liars, and I wouldn't vote for a single one of them.
Speaker 3: But that aside.
Speaker 1: The people who are asking Pam Bondi questions about Jeffrey Epstein in Congress, well, they had some.
Speaker 3: Pretty good questions.
Speaker 1: Okay, they had some pretty good questions, and her answers were beyond bad. Pam Bondi's gotta go. Okay, this is how bad this performance was yesterday. I'll play you just a second of it here. But when I don't care if the person is like your enemy politically or on the other team, but when somebody.
Speaker 3: Says hey, and they were right about this.
Speaker 1: By the way, there was an email uncovered in the Epstein files where Epstein responded to somebody and said, thanks so much, loved the torture video, and they censored the person that.
Speaker 2: That was sent to.
Speaker 1: They blacked out the name of the person that Epstein sent an email to where he said, but he really enjoyed the torture video. And I think it's a fair question to ask who that was sent to. I think it's a fair question to want to know, to demand that that person's name is revealed. I don't think that's unfair, and I think if you're against that, you're not on the winning side of this argument.
Speaker 4: Any reason as to why it was an.
Speaker 1: Over and over and over, it was deflection. So I don't know if this has the hole back and forth.
Speaker 2: I hope it does.
Speaker 1: But this was one of the times when they would go, hey, why is this censored? Why is this censored? And then they'd go to Pambody and she'd be like, but what about and she talked about something totally different.
Speaker 16: So here, listen, Dao, the TAO right now is over, the Dow is over fifty thousand dolls. I don't know why you're laughing. You're a great stock trader. As I hear raskin.
Speaker 14: The TAO is over fifty thousand right now, and p at almost seven thousand, and the nasdacs smashing records. Americans four oh one k's and retirement savings are booming.
Speaker 16: That's what we should be talking about. We should be talking about making Americans safe.
Speaker 1: Lady, this is a Wendy's Like, what are what they asked you questions about? Why names were redacted in the Epstein files and you're talking about the dow being at fifty thousand.
Speaker 3: Great, who cares?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: And then other times it was like opsu skating by saying or distracting by saying, Pambonni would go, well, here's a bunch of stories about illegal immigrants who killed and rape people.
Speaker 2: Great, send them all away, put them in jail for life.
Speaker 3: Who cares?
Speaker 1: I don't know, why are you talking about that?
Speaker 3: This is a legitimate thing to inquire about.
Speaker 1: If there are emails going on, and in the emails, somebody is saying like, hey, had a nice time with those little girls, and then the person that they were sending it to, you've decided to censor their name. Hey, I'm on team whoever wants the name revealed. That's what team I'm on for right now. I'm on team hey, bad guys go to jail. That's the team I consistently try to stay on. And that's a case where it's like, why are we covering up that name. In the case of the torture video email from Epstein, it was some like Middle Eastern leader and they censored out his name for fear it would like hurt his reputation or something. Well, I mean, you risk when you email people getting caught up in their web. That's what happens. I didn't email Epstein once he was in my backyard. What for God's sake, I mean, this was stuff that was closely tied. You heard it here, folks, Me and my upbring never emailed them once. And if I did, I deserve to be unveiled in the whole reveal here. All of these people who are messaging with this guy, all these journalists who are messaging with this guy because he had money and they were friendly with him, all of them are loser.
Speaker 2: Every one of them.
Speaker 1: Should face the facts on this, and everybody who did anything criminal related to this needs to spend time behind bars. That's the frustration I have. It was like, why isn't anybody else getting arrested? That's why I'm saying for the women who were the victims, and there was a bunch of them, and that was another thing too. So okay, you could call it a political theater if you want, and it is. But when one after another they said, how many of the Epstein victims in this courtroom wanted to speak to the Feds? About this investigation. And all of them raised their hands, and they said, how many of you have tried to speak with the Feds about this investigation and get your side on the record. And they all raise their hands, and they said, how many of you did the Feds actually speak to And nobody raises their hands. It's like, well, that's a pretty good thing. You know, that's a pretty good point. I don't want this happening. She's got to go. That was such an amateur, basic bitch performance.
Speaker 3: It was so incredibly bad.
Speaker 1: You got to be better at this, Like, I know that they're going to come swimming for you.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: Also, by the way, it's absolutely worth pointing out that the Democrats who are so upset about this, many of them didn't care about this for like a decade plus. Many of them thought it was their side that was more entangled and weren't really ready to use it against the Trump administration at that point, weren't really active being activists trying to get into this stuff released. I get it. Well, you got to do a better job defending yourself than that. It was so bad, and there was like so it was a lot of like contentious stuff here.
Speaker 3: She is with Representative Massy.
Speaker 2: Is Massive a Republican? I think he is. Look Massy.
Speaker 6: It was just bad.
Speaker 2: It was embarrassing.
Speaker 3: It was like some basic bitch.
Speaker 1: Stuff that should be for the politicians who are just getting into the game.
Speaker 2: Massive represents northern Kentucky and has opposed mainstream Republican stances on foreign spending and policy. That doesn't mean he's not a Republican. These are Republican.
Speaker 1: But he's at odds on this issue with the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: But here's the back and forth. Who's responsible?
Speaker 17: Are you able to track who in your organization made this massive failure and release the victims' names? Are you able to track who it was that obscured Less Wexner's name as a co conspirator in an FBI document?
Speaker 2: You have that kind of accountability.
Speaker 16: I believe Westerner's name was listed more than four thousand times about.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I already told you that this is where he's listening to finish my answer.
Speaker 16: Come on, let me finish my answer. We corrected that within forty minutes. He was already you're acting like everybody's trying to cover up Westerner's.
Speaker 2: Name, reclaiming, reclaiming my time. I answer this question claiming my time.
Speaker 17: Oh by mister chairman time he was he'ster chairman, the general he can can give her answer.
Speaker 4: The time belongs to the gentleman.
Speaker 17: From my answer, I'm gonna put the language.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's happening here, but they're all trying to talk at the same time.
Speaker 2: Nothing has happened. Lady sounds like such a weird term. The gentle lady, gentle lady a screen chairman. Another question on that.
Speaker 16: Here's a question, and I need to give my answer that.
Speaker 17: Let the let the attorney do respond, and then the gentleman can move to what else?
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 16: Within forty minutes you asked me a question. Within forty minutes, Wexner's name was added back then forty minutes of me.
Speaker 17: Catching you red handed, red hand, there was one redaction.
Speaker 2: He's listed as a coaching.
Speaker 4: And we invited you in.
Speaker 16: And this guy has Trump derangement syndrome. He needs to get You're a failed politician.
Speaker 2: All right, I should I think you can see where this is going. Right. It's like the women tell all.
Speaker 4: At least they edit it.
Speaker 2: He cheated.
Speaker 1: It was like that the whole time, and so many times someone would come up and pose a legit question.
Speaker 3: Hey, here's an email.
Speaker 1: Now, I am going to make up a stand in email. Right, this is not a real email, but there were emails like this, and it would be like, hey, did you enjoy the young girls last night? And then the person that Epstein sent that email to, of course this being a fictitious example, but not far away from a lot of the examples that were out there. The person that Epstein sent the email to, that person's name is blacked out.
Speaker 3: Why for whom?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Why are we blocking out somebody's name who Epstein emailed about something.
Speaker 3: The only people's names that I want off of.
Speaker 1: This is somebody who was like a child who has caught up in all this. I feel like so many people have lost the plot on this one, and now it's like, let's either arrest people or you know, like release everything completely with no reactions at all, because something about this has really gone sideways and a BONDI just completely dropped the ball out there. But the fact is, when you when you look at this story, so many people were so far away from this.
Speaker 2: So many people don't even.
Speaker 1: Realize what this was all about to begin with. One of the things that's craziest about this. Some of you will know this, some of you will All of this started Sea Lane first Epstein investigation. Date, like, I want to see when that when that started. It was after there was a new there was a new school built in my town.
Speaker 3: Uh and I missed it just barely.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and five, two thousand and five, okay, And I graduated in two thousand ninety nine, two thousand and there was a new skill school built in my town.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to go to.
Speaker 1: It's called roll Upon Beach High School. And you could look this all up. This is absolutely true.
Speaker 2: Roll Upon Beach High School is the new nice, beautiful school. I couldn't go to it.
Speaker 1: They bust me out to Palm Beach Lakes, one of the worst schools ever, and absolutely hated it was miserable, terrible in every way.
Speaker 2: This udents were terrible.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to go to this roll Bomb Beach High School. But five years later, at this roll Pon Beach High School, there were two girls that got into a fight. They started fighting, and during the fight, one of the girls was calling the other one a prostitute and a whore. Generally that wouldn't stand out much. This is a girl fight thing. You're a whore, you know, like screaming at each other. No, you're a whore. And this is what happened to this fight in two thousand and five. This is a true story. At two thousand and five roll Upon Beach High School, there was a fight between two girls. One was calling the other a whore and a prostitute. The family got upset about this and the family started talking to their daughter, you know, why did they call you a horror in a prostitute? And they found hundreds of dollars in cash in their daughter's person. They were like, hey, what's up with that? Why do you have this cash? And she goes, I work at a fast food place, and they go.
Speaker 2: You secretly have a job at a fast food place and we don't know about it.
Speaker 1: Eventually she goes, all right, fine, I've been giving out massages to this rich and he pays me in cash. And then they go, wait what and they bring her in a question her more and they find out that this young high school girl has been going to Jeffrey Epstein's house and getting paid cash for massages. That then would escalate into you know, hand action or even more sexual activity than that. That's how this all started. That's where this all came from, all right. It started with a girl calling another girl a whore, and now it's gone to the level where we've got like all these emails out there, and so much more about this has been discovered. This has been going on for over twenty years. It can drink the problem and the investigation can drink. Get the amateurs out of the way, and just be done with this, okay, and if anybody needs to be arrested, throw them all in jail, hang them. I couldn't care less, all right, I will not shed a tear for any of this stuff. But it's like, how does this go on for so long? And so much incompetence gets in the way.
Speaker 4: And it will continue. I do not see how this is going to end in the next five years.
Speaker 1: I mean now, it's probably not gonna end because nobody wants it to end, because it's just a political cudgel, a political tool for people to fight back and forth.
Speaker 3: But this should have been done forever ago.
Speaker 2: This should have been done forever ago.
Speaker 1: And then they've got to separate the people who have actual claims here from people who are just like crazy or involved in politics, and then find out if any person alive right now had anything to do with this, and then arrest them and.
Speaker 2: Then that's it. You know.
Speaker 1: But this performance from Pam Bondi was a freaking embarrassment and she should be out in my opinion. Tell me what you think. I don't know if anybody can know the back that up. Send me your dispatches over at thenewschunky dot com or email the show tips at the Newschunki dot com when we come back the.
Speaker 3: Next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 1: What's coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 18: But the.
Speaker 7: Orbes has released a report on how much Disney lost with last year's snow White, and let's say Hi Hoe with seven o's HGTV Fire's host of rehab Attic after a footage surface of her using a very screwed up driver. Plus Gene Simmons can rock and roll night, but boy can he also yell at the clouds forever. I'll that so much more coming up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on the News Junkie. All right, we'll get into more dispatches, emails, Fritz on the street, all of that stuff, more updates on all the stories we're following in the world's most viral newsroom. Right now, let's do the next episode.
Speaker 19: Because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you gonna talk about? But looking weather's nice, It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 2: Hey, small weed, hold up.
Speaker 7: The next episode brought to you by that mortgage guy Don. That mortgage guy don dot com website easy, full of information for you, easy to navigate through. And if you're making big life decisions like refinancing, buying your first dream home, maybe you got a business and you're ready to expand, that bad boy. Work with someone who knows what he's doing. He's got your back, he makes the process easy, and he's also really cool. So start said process by going on to the website. Like I told you before, that mortgage guy don dot com. Don't miss the vocal mortgage guy.
Speaker 4: Don dot com.
Speaker 7: I'm here fifty eight years ago, nineteen sixty eight, high.
Speaker 4: School drop out by the name of this guy.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Hendrix.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he and me Hendrix is correct, And on this day in nineteen sixty eight, he returned to his hometown of Seattle for the first time in seven years for a sold out show. Now he had planned also to perform for free the next day at his old school that he dropped out of, Garfield High who hates mondays. Unfortunately it was on that day this school simply didn't really work out the way that he had planned.
Speaker 4: Poor Jimmy was sleep deprived.
Speaker 7: He forgot his guitar because his equipment truck went completely missing. Oh and the worst and the biggest stinger Awi.
Speaker 4: Most of the kids had no idea who he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at him now though, look at him go now.
Speaker 4: Doing great rocking and rolling or something like that.
Speaker 7: Speaking of rock and roll, we have Geene Simmons cheers.
Speaker 4: And he just won't let it go. And it's not the rock, it's not the roll.
Speaker 7: It's the fact that these punks won't get off my lawn, and the punks being hip hop artists, the lawn being the rock.
Speaker 4: And roll Hall of fame.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 7: He has been screaming on that rooftop and this exact rooftop for quite a few years, but he just continues to bring it up.
Speaker 4: Says the fact that.
Speaker 7: Iron Maiden is not in the hall when they can sell at stadiums and grand Master Flash is right. Ice Cube and I had a back and forth about this. He's a bright guy and I respect what he's done. It's not my music, and I continue to directly quote Gene. I don't come from the ghetto. It doesn't speak my language. He also had I just want to know when led Zeppelin is going to be in the hip hop Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Oh, you can't do that. Oh really got him?
Speaker 2: Is there a hip hop Hall of Fame?
Speaker 11: Is there?
Speaker 18: True?
Speaker 6: Is something?
Speaker 1: If there's a hip hop Hall of Fame and there's no rock and roll artists in the hip hop Hall of Fame? I mean that that is a fair point way. And why isn't there crossover going the same way?
Speaker 3: There should be like some rock and rollers who have crossed over that are going that way.
Speaker 7: Too, I would think, and hip hop and maybe opera singers in the country Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Let's just start mixing it all up.
Speaker 2: I don't opera singers in the country Hall of Fame. I don't know about that.
Speaker 7: Comic crazy and call this guy a damn hero because he's figured it all out.
Speaker 4: His name is Dave Draymond.
Speaker 7: He's from the band Disturbed, all right, and he's got a brilliant idea for all of this division when it came to the Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 2: He's down with the sickness of this guy.
Speaker 7: Here's a radical idea. Music should be a bridge between all people. The identity politics, parts and garbage and division need to stop. I challenge any organization out there to put on a festival that has Bad Bunny and.
Speaker 4: Kid Rock a challenge that will be something.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't it's not the worst thing of bringing people together is good, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's.
Speaker 2: Going to solve it.
Speaker 7: That festival doesn't go perfectly, the audience will lose there for love and mind.
Speaker 2: Well, there was a festival with Ludicrous and Nelly and kid Rock, and then you know that things falling apart left and right. Everybody everybody like ended up canceling and stuff.
Speaker 7: It can be an opportunity to last year and appreciate the respective cultures that gave birth to each artist's unique form of entertainment. Music can unite down with the sickness. So thank you so much, Dave. We'll start working on that, and someone's gonna have to start working on their botty mouth.
Speaker 4: HGTV.
Speaker 2: Sorry, not this.
Speaker 7: Way, see Lane, I know for sure, Like I'm one hundred percent sure this would not be you. But Rehab Attic host Nicole Curtis, I've never heard of the show. I'm familiar with HGTV. Have you guys watched Rehab Addict?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 3: No, there's too many other shows.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Most of mine own things, but this is hg TV. Yes. Is she addicted to landscaping? She was.
Speaker 4: She was working in an attict of some sort at the time. I send you the clip shown.
Speaker 7: It is censored and thank god because this uh resurface, it was b roll and according to.
Speaker 20: Wait wait wait resurface is like this is old, this is this is old.
Speaker 7: There's a video tamed by Radar online. You could see that it was not used in the show. Okay, based on her comments immediately after her.
Speaker 1: So she's doing some repair work on an hg TV show on a house. She's like trying to get this construction work done.
Speaker 3: She's struggling a little bit with her Bye.
Speaker 10: That's my last one.
Speaker 4: Oh what did he say that?
Speaker 8: It just said you got you gotta can you kill that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 21: So there you have at this moment that she knew she she was having some trouble there getting a nail or something, and said fart and word and then immediately asked Nick to cut that.
Speaker 1: What's surreal thing that you say? Like that is a fart nugget?
Speaker 4: I've I've never heard the phrase, she said, So.
Speaker 1: What well, fart n word I have not heard, So I'm wondering if she was trying to say fart nuggets and then and then tossed in an.
Speaker 2: N word and then the cameras are there. The weird part is like if you if you're like frustrated and you say, oh, fart nugget. I think the point is that the point is that you don't curse, So it's even weirder to say fart n word because you're like, I won't say the F word. That is a just distasteful word.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, she made a big fart nugget and is now addressing the controversy.
Speaker 4: I want to be clear, the word in quest is wrong and.
Speaker 7: Not part of my vocabulary, never has been, and I apologize to everyone flag on the field.
Speaker 2: I never said.
Speaker 7: Yeah HG TV's decision to pull the plug on her show the same exact day that she was set to return to the air after a hiatus.
Speaker 1: Damn. You know what sucks about that? For her and everybody else involved. They I guess they removed the entire series. Like all the other episodes, they took them off. So if anybody, I don't know, I've never watched the show. So if there's other people involved, like they're not, everybody gets dunked.
Speaker 3: Because of this. Lady was in this video and it must have been an insiderd what what about? What about fart nugget?
Speaker 2: I was just saying like, oh, we're not getting your money. Oh fart nugger, Oh fart nugget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think people used to say that, but fart.
Speaker 2: Enwerdt something and I'm familiar with you. Okay, did you wrap it up?
Speaker 4: I'm about to.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what's going on on the boob tube and it goes little something like this.
Speaker 4: Big Winter Games.
Speaker 7: Streaming premiere of Predator bad Lands on Hulu.
Speaker 4: Love Story JFK.
Speaker 7: Junior and Carolyn Bissett The Pit, Season two, episode six on HBO Max. Since yours of Can You Keep a secret on Paramount Plus, follow your Dreams of Me on Instagram at Sabrina Ambro, hit me up if you want me to represent you on Fritz on the Street and most importantly, they're with me America smoke.
Speaker 6: Weed every day.
Speaker 1: A couple of comments from chat weed consumer says, I have said fart knocker before, I've.
Speaker 2: Heard her, Okay, yeah that I don't know. She could have messed that up.
Speaker 1: Knocker I've heard before, And Tanya says, at a glance, I thought it was fart hooker.
Speaker 3: No, it was definitely fart.
Speaker 1: And then she said the N word because her reaction was, oh my god, I just said this, and there's cameras around, and she was doing what that attorney did the other day. It was like cut, cut, cut, So I thought that was from something new, but I guess it saying that's like older footage and they just came forward.
Speaker 2: Now, that must have mend that.
Speaker 1: That must mean that somebody who was involved in the creation of the show must have leaked this out, like some insider doesn't like old Nicole Curtis from HGTV. They sunker like Papa John, They Papa Johnder. That's what happened all right when we come back Fritz on the Street. The greatest game in all of radio now is when you try to get us to represent you. Because in Fritz on the Street, we pick somebody. Each of us pick somebody, and we fight for you in the game.
Speaker 2: If we win, you win.
Speaker 1: Now's the time to try to get us to pick you in chat or via email or elsewhere.
Speaker 3: So do that. Good luck to everybody.
Speaker 1: Fritz on the Street is coming up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 3: We'll get to your feedback.
Speaker 1: We got dispatches coming in and emails. We got more of all things viral in the news obviously on the way on the show today here at the halfway point. But right now it's time for some Fritz on the Street action. So here goes nothing. I don't see Fritz anywhere. I'm pulling them up great, Okay, we're pulling Fritz up.
Speaker 4: Right in here.
Speaker 3: I swear there he is.
Speaker 2: I hear your voice. I hear his voice.
Speaker 4: Good, I'll tell you that than you.
Speaker 3: Are you ready, Fritz? I believe so yes, All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Let's do Fritz on the Streets now.
Speaker 2: Time for the street.
Speaker 4: Hello, Celine, Hello, Sabrina, Hello, Sean.
Speaker 2: Hello, Frio.
Speaker 22: Fritz on the Street is sponsored by that Mortgage Guy Done, That mortgage Guy Don and co host MJ and Yours truly. Each Saturday morning at nine am here on Real Radio one or four point one, we give you live that's right, live mortgage coverage. If you have any questions about buying, selling, refinancing a house, a property, or getting a land deed, sure we can do that too.
Speaker 4: That's every Saturday morning at nine am.
Speaker 22: You can also go to that mortgage Guy Don dot com or follow him on Instagram at that mortgage Guy Don Don don don play the jingle Sabby dot com.
Speaker 4: Who will you guys be playing for?
Speaker 1: I have chosen Oh no, I wrote it in my handwriting, so that means it's not great.
Speaker 2: Oh no, man kicking man kick in on Twitch?
Speaker 1: All right, I've got just barely disciple or decipher to here. Man kicking on Twitch is who I'm picking?
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 22: I'm gonna go with b Dobbs Rights.
Speaker 2: And I've chosen Brian from Groveland on the texting service.
Speaker 1: Happy early birthday, Ryan from the texting service. Everybody's locked in and ready to go, Fred, that's.
Speaker 22: Right, in first place with seventeen points. We have Christopher Lane in second place with fifteen points, two points removed to Sabrina Ambro and in third place with thirteen points. That's for removed from Sea Lane is Shan Watson. So seventeen fifteen thirteen eight questions for curR event questions and for general knowledge trivia questions. I go out to the bar so you don't have to, and I get these answers, and you, my friend, to chime in for that bonus point, and then tell me out of eight how many got it right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: How was the crowd?
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 22: We had ten teams. A bit rowdy, Oh yeah, noted?
Speaker 1: Yeah, note any reason why they were getting wild? Just generally writz they're wild for Fritz.
Speaker 4: I believe there were several school events.
Speaker 2: So school events for school events, hold on, the kids are wild for Fritz.
Speaker 22: There was also an Orlando City block party going. Okay, Thornton Park was kicking. If you think you know what, chime in for that bonus bonus point?
Speaker 4: Is everyone in?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right? Without further ado.
Speaker 22: Question number one over the weekend, who won Super Bowl six seiling.
Speaker 2: The Seattle Seahawks?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 22: Over the weekend? Who won Super Bowl sixty? Sea Lane, you got that right? Bonus point for you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Seattle Sea Supersonic Seahawks eight, eight, eight, eight, seven and seven for Sean. Question number one with answers of seven.
Speaker 6: And eight, ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 4: That means someone's picking up two points. Who could it be over the weekend? Who won Super Bowl sixty?
Speaker 2: I my god, No, Seahawks, Seahawks, the Seattle Seahawks, Seahawks.
Speaker 4: Give me a second, that was the Patriots, sale Seahawks, Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 1: Oh, it would be the Seahawks.
Speaker 4: Did you have money on it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: That is seven. So Sean is picking up two points. I don't know, but he didn't. You know, if you want money, you would have been like, oh, the Seahawks, but yeah, I don't know. Probably not.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 22: Sean with your guess of seven picking up two points, and Sabrina and Sea Lane with your guesses of eight each picking up one points.
Speaker 4: Off to the races. How we do it?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 4: Onto question two?
Speaker 22: It's about TV. Who was the host of TV's Unsolved Mysteries?
Speaker 11: Srina yea yeah, and uh I know who it wasn't and we're gonna start there. Yeah, you're gonna be here a while as I'm saying the name of my had that's America's Funny Home Videos.
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 4: Dan Rather. That is incorrect.
Speaker 2: I know, I'd like the question again.
Speaker 4: You got it.
Speaker 22: Who was the host of TV's Unsolved Mysteries from nineteen eighty seven to two thousand and two, Sean Sewan?
Speaker 3: He had that voice. I know what's a good voice?
Speaker 2: Uh? I think his name? Can I just say.
Speaker 4: John John as a last name?
Speaker 1: I no, I know, No, John is a first and that's two. That's particular enough.
Speaker 4: You can just give me a last name with John.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go John Johnson, Fritz. That is John is the last name.
Speaker 4: That is InCrest.
Speaker 22: That would be Robert Stack, smokey Robert Stack, and is in that overcoat he had ceiling. You got question one right. We will start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Robert Stack.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with I can't even judge this crowd because I'm gonna go.
Speaker 22: Four four three three four, Sabrina, I'll take two into for sewn. Question two with answers of two, three and four. Who is the host of Ted's Unsolved Mysteries from nineteen eighty seven to two thousand and two.
Speaker 6: I can see his face, but I can't, No, pass, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I could picture his face, I can't.
Speaker 6: You guys say not, Morty Schaeffer, Who hell is it?
Speaker 2: Martin Short?
Speaker 1: Good voice sits in my head now, Charles Bronson, Robert Idea.
Speaker 4: That would be one Robert stack.
Speaker 22: So Sean with your guess of two picking up one point, onward and upward. Now question three, back to current events. Last week, the Winter Olympic Games kicked off.
Speaker 4: In Italy, in Italy and.
Speaker 22: Kicked off, And all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm you shouldn't say next. That is incorrect.
Speaker 2: I'd like to hear the whole thing.
Speaker 22: Last week, the Winter Olympic Games kicked off, in which host city huns my advance.
Speaker 2: Oh god, uh.
Speaker 23: Fart nugget, Sean, Sean, Italy Italy, Italy, Italy.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't have chimed in. I remember, I haven't watched any of it. I haven't watched a single moment of it yet.
Speaker 4: That past past ceiling, I.
Speaker 2: Think it says Milana Cortina.
Speaker 22: That is correct, Milano Courtina ceiling, picking up that point ceiling.
Speaker 2: Wait wait wait wait wait wait what do you what do you mean? It says? It says where does it say on the side, like when you're watching the Lose? It says it everywhere, not like on an article you're looking at right now or something. Keyboard in front of me, All right, little loser, guys, poor no keyboard every there.
Speaker 22: One keyboard slash four computer monitor's four keyboards in this room, that ceiling. Out of five answers, how many do you think said Milano Courtina five, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna needs to be that Milano Cortina, yep, Okay, I'm gonna go with another four, four a too high.
Speaker 22: Five for Sabrina, three for me and three four Shawn. Question number three, with answers of three, four and five. By the way, Sean, if you're not watching the Olympics, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Last week the.
Speaker 22: Winter Olympic Games kicked off in which host city Milan.
Speaker 16: Courtina, Rome, Milano Cortina's Milano Courtina.
Speaker 6: Milan Courtina, Milan So Milan Courtina, Milan Courtina.
Speaker 22: That would be six, so Sabrina with the guests of five picking up one point. Coming up as question four. That's the halfway point here on Fritz on the street. After question four, I will tell you who who is leading so far on the day. In question four goes like this, In which city was the star Spangled banner?
Speaker 4: Written? Sea Lane? I heard Philadelphia? That's incorrect.
Speaker 2: Oh no, damn it.
Speaker 4: Sean, Sabrina Rono, that is incorrect, Sean Sean.
Speaker 2: New York City.
Speaker 4: It would be Baltimore and Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Where are the key bridge is? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Didn't I get knocked down?
Speaker 2: And yes, there's the reason it got built and named.
Speaker 22: That it was Francis Scott Key Seilane, you got question three?
Speaker 2: Are you right?
Speaker 4: We will start with you.
Speaker 22: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Baltimore, Maryland.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with three.
Speaker 22: Good morning bal Tim Mark three, three, three, four, Sabrina m four and four to four Shawn.
Speaker 4: Question four with answers of three.
Speaker 6: In four ding ding ding, ding ding ding.
Speaker 22: Who knows they're patriotic anthems? In what city was the star Spangled banner?
Speaker 24: Written?
Speaker 2: Charlotte, Baltimore, Pass, Boston, Sport.
Speaker 6: McKinley, I've been there, Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Maryland, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, My home city Baltimore, Maryland.
Speaker 22: That would be three Sabria and Sea Lane picking up two points each. Get it right on the money, Sewan with you guess of four picking up one point and that means with four questions down four remaining in first place with five points Christopher Lane slash Brian from Groveland, and then we have a tie for second and third four points each. Sabrina slash b Dobbs and Sean slash Man can.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, kick in, here we go question number five.
Speaker 22: At the age of forty seven, singer Brad Arnold passed away.
Speaker 2: Ceilane three doors down?
Speaker 4: Three doors down is correct? Full question.
Speaker 22: At the age of forty seven, singer Brad Arnold passed away, best known for contributions to which American rock band. I think all of these questions are about America Celane. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said three doors down?
Speaker 4: Six, six, five, five for Sabrina, seven and seven for Sean.
Speaker 22: Question five with answers of five, six and seven.
Speaker 4: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Boy knows their music.
Speaker 22: At the age of forty seven, singer Brad Arnold passed away. Best known for contributions to which American rock band three doors.
Speaker 1: Down, three doors down, Eagles?
Speaker 2: Was it Nickelback? Was it three doors down, three doors down, three doors down.
Speaker 4: My sugar, that would be five.
Speaker 22: I mean Sabrina is picking up two points on that one, and Selane with your of six, picking up one point three remaining. Now question six, What invention calls the Pony Express to be discontinued?
Speaker 7: Sabrina, the invention of the telegraphs.
Speaker 4: That is correct, nicely done. You got to feel good about that one, baby, Yeah, I know my telegraphs, Sabrina.
Speaker 22: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said the telegraph goodbye ponies?
Speaker 4: The four four.
Speaker 3: Three three four.
Speaker 4: Sean, I'm gonna go four.
Speaker 22: For Sea Lane Question four with answers of question six with answers of three and four.
Speaker 6: Ding ding ding, ding ding ding.
Speaker 4: Someone knows their pony.
Speaker 22: What invention calls the Pony Express to be discontinued?
Speaker 1: The look them outive road telegraphs, let's go telegraph.
Speaker 4: Telegraph, come on train, telegraph, the automobile. That would be four. So Sabrina is picking up a three pointer on that.
Speaker 22: One, picking up two additional points, and Sea Land with your guess of four, picking up two points shown with a guess of three, also.
Speaker 4: Picking up one point.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 4: Question seven back to current events.
Speaker 22: Nancy Guthrie, mother of NBC Today Show host Savannah Guthrie, is missing after she was kidnapped. Sabrina Albuquerque correct, Sean Arizona, Arizona is correct. I was going for state politely Firsteilan, you're picking up that bonus point out of answers? How many do you think said Arizona? Full question was is missing after she was kidnapped? In which US state?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 25: Eight mm hmm, seven, seven for Sabrina, seven and seven for On question seven with answers of seven and eight, Nancy Guthrie to show host Savannah Guthrie is missing after she was kidnapped in with US state?
Speaker 1: Nebrowska, Arizona, Arizona, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Okay, New Mexico, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: I don't know Russian.
Speaker 4: Washington that would be to This has been all over the news for a minute now.
Speaker 22: Yeah, no points awarded on that one. Quite disheartening, but that's okay. We have one question left, but before we do, let's take a look at the leaderboard. In first place with ten points, Sea Lane slash Brian from Groveland in second place with nine points, Sabrina slash b Dobbs and in third place with five points Sean slash man kick in question eight, usually about the capital, what is the capital of Puerto Rico?
Speaker 2: Ceiling, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico, San Paulo.
Speaker 4: That is incorrect, John Sean, San Juan, San Juan.
Speaker 2: It was one of the sands.
Speaker 4: Following up there. So that concludes all of my questions about America. Sean. Out of eight answers, how many do.
Speaker 22: You think, said sun Juan, I think seven, seven, five, five for Sea lanx and six four Sabrina. Question eight with answers of five, six and seven, could this.
Speaker 6: Be ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 4: Yes, someone's picking up two points. Who is what is the capital of Puerto Rico.
Speaker 2: San Juan, I give up, san Juan, san Juan, San Jose, San Juan, I.
Speaker 26: Can't tell you that.
Speaker 4: That would be five.
Speaker 22: That means Sea Lane is picking up two points and Sabrina with your guest of six picking up one point, and that means winner of the day with twelve points. That would be Sea Lane, Christopher Lane Slay Ryan from Groveland in second place with ten points, Sabrina slash b Dobs and in third place with six points Sean slash Man kicking.
Speaker 4: That means the new Totals in.
Speaker 22: First place and still leading on Fritz on the Street with twenty nine points, Christopher Lane in second place with twenty five points, Sabrina Ambra and in third place with nineteen points Sean Wilson.
Speaker 4: And that is Fritz on the.
Speaker 2: Street by you Fred.
Speaker 1: See there it goes Fritz on the Street. Another beating for me. It was not a not a pretty performance.
Speaker 4: You're the man.
Speaker 2: I mean, I should get San Juan.
Speaker 1: I've been there twice so at this point in time, actually maybe three times.
Speaker 2: I was surprised you didn't shime in quicker on that.
Speaker 1: You know what, Celan, I for years have been wondering why I don't just say my name faster and then just go for Tessa. I have a different mode that I go.
Speaker 2: Into, which is called loser mode in my house, and I wait too long and I don't say anything, and then I don't. I don't win, do you?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 22: I mean, forgive me if I'm speaking out of line, but maybe bring back Mayhem.
Speaker 1: Mayhem friends is right to point it out already, I do mayhem could possibly help.
Speaker 3: I'm already down by a large margin.
Speaker 1: I didn't, you know, it didn't go unseen to me what the scoreboard was saying. I felt the back six points or something, you know, six points one one battle.
Speaker 3: It's bad, but we shall see your trudges on.
Speaker 2: Six points behind Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Six points behind you today is what I meant, just today alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but thanks for making it worse.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate that, don't we still?
Speaker 4: Do we still have that scoreboard?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah we could. We could see it when you're uh, you know, when you just can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can see that.
Speaker 4: I can see it now.
Speaker 3: You see how it says my points are only six?
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I don't have the full year score setup yet. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm hearing that Fox News math real quick. I think Ceilian has double what I have. That is twice as many points, two times as many as I have. All Right, he's the best of the best there, he is, Fritz.
Speaker 2: Good to see.
Speaker 1: All right, We're to quick break when we come back. We got more updates on all the big stories that we've been covering. Somebody said, hey, why don't you cover this this young girl is missing, and we've already got some responses to that story too, and there's new video in the Savannah Guthrie case, so we'll see where all of that goes. Lots of reactions on the way as well as we roll on in the show, and that's coming up next on the News Junkie. There are a lot of updates on the Nancy Guthrie front. But the thing that I continue to see which I find to be so interesting, is this debate over whether this person is like a trained assassin of some type and or this person is like a bumbling idiot, and everybody is viewing this on the most binary level in the history of binary, like where everybody's just abandoned binary on everything else binary and now they've gone into like weird territories where like I have to be very careful with my words because if I.
Speaker 2: Go nobody likes this.
Speaker 1: But well, there's one person here he is and he really likes this. This guy's a diaper fetishist or whatever. There's a lot of people who get their particular with things. And then when you talk about this, you talk about professional versus like an amateur and somebody who's going to abduct somebody. There's no everything's so rigid, there's no flexibility for me. When I see the guy who is on that security footage that they recovered from Nancy Guthrie's cameras, the doorbell camera in particular. There may be more, but I see somebody who at least thought about this quite a bit. I don't see somebody who just thought, well, now there's a commercial break in the television show that I'm watching, so let me go over and grab Nancy Guthrie.
Speaker 4: Here, I have a backpack from Walmart.
Speaker 1: I think they plan this out. They bought the backpack, they bought the mask, They thought about leaving fingerprints, they thought about cameras, not enough to be ready. They still looked really amateurist when they try to put a little plant over the camera.
Speaker 7: So that being said, though, Sean like, yes, they pre planned it, But does that indicate that they've kidnapped before.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think this person kidnapped before, because I don't think that many people on planet Earth have kidnapped before. I think that's a really really really really really small group of people. I don't think this person was like a lot of people are suggesting a cartel hit man type, you know, a career criminal who constantly gets involved in this kind of stuff, something that the bad guy from the movies.
Speaker 4: I don't think it'd be a team of people.
Speaker 3: But I don't think this was on a whim. I think this was very planned out.
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day, when all these law enforcement sources are coming forward and going, oh, this guy was just an amateur, I'm like, damn, you must think the police and FBI are doing a terrible job because if this person was such an amateur, they haven't found them, you know, they haven't found them and located them and arrested them. And we learned a lot of stuff this week. We learned that there was another suspect for a while. Some additional details on that other suspect suggest the person who was like, it wasn't me. I want to go by Carlos and his mother in law who was like, he didn't do it.
Speaker 2: He didn't know about this.
Speaker 1: When the details started rolling in on that, I said, hey, be careful with just going Hey, this guy said he didn't do it, so therefore he didn't do it. They're all going to say that I said he got a judicial warrant. They had a warrant signed to search this guy's house. They must add more now it's leaking out that the person who they were searching was the only person of you know, I don't know if they called them a person of interest or a subject or whatever.
Speaker 2: They've been using lots of different language.
Speaker 1: This person was matched up with a lot of the cell phone towers that they were looking at or the pings. Yeah, and they were saying that this person's phone and other information put them near where this happened. And then I think they also kind of lined up with the eyes of the masked individual and suggested it could be a match there. And they used that information and perhaps some more to get a warrant on this guy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's probably more about why they were chasing that lead down so hard, but they had they didn't find anything, that is how so it and they haven't arrested him.
Speaker 7: Just for the record, as far as the judge signing off on us, and there are relationships and judges that I imagine are gone to in moments like this where you need the warrant signed immediately that they will be there ready to sign it.
Speaker 4: Of course they look everything over.
Speaker 7: Nothing illegal done, but I think that there are folks that they go to or like, Okay, we've trusted police work in the past, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I think it's more difficult than this is literally why there is the whole fight over ICE saying that they can go around judicial warrants being a warrant signed by a judge, not an administrative warrant, which is a warrant signed by somebody who's like not a judge and employee of something something else.
Speaker 3: And judges I think they I think they are fairly.
Speaker 1: That's why I put a little bit more weight, and I'm like, judges don't go sign and stuff like this willy nilly unless they thought there could be some connection and they wanted to see if this woman was like at this person's house. More will come out about that eventually. Could have been that they were just totally incompletely wrong. But what I'm saying is they don't rubber stamp these things. Generally speaking, it's not that.
Speaker 7: The emergency situation, assuming they're hoping that Nancy is still alive, so this has to be acted upon quickly.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, we'll learn more about what was behind the you know, them getting a warrant to begin with at some point in time, but they were saying it matched up with some of the cell phone signals and all of that good stuff. Seilan had sent over that there was another video of a man that they were looking at. And this story says Nancy Guthrie new video of man with similar backpack just before kidnapping. The man in this video, recorded five miles from Nancy Guthrie's home, is on the FBI's radar, TMS had learned, and the timing of the video is critical.
Speaker 3: Law enforcement sources.
Speaker 1: Tell TMZ the FBI is lasering in on the man of the video, who's both wearing and carrying backpacks right around.
Speaker 3: The time of the kidnapping. Now I'm looking at him here, and.
Speaker 1: They showed the guy outside somebody's recycle bin, I think in their yard, and it says the backpack the man is carrying appears to have reflective straps similar to the one the apparent kidnapper was wearing as he approached Nancy's front door. It's unclear if they reflector on the shoulder straps or on the side of the backpack, but they think it's.
Speaker 3: This bag that's from like a Walmart.
Speaker 1: The backpack scene at Nancy's house is a Walmart Ozark trail hiker. According to TMZ, the authorities have confirmed that they do believe that that's the case.
Speaker 2: Right, So this is not just like internet sleuths are are largely thinking this is the backpack. Like the authorities have said, Hey, this is what we think this is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they agree that that's the case. No new press conferences or anything. But I want to look at this new footage. I don't know if there's any audio or on it or anything, but I'll take a look.
Speaker 2: Here. Let's see. No audio.
Speaker 1: You just see a person going up to a recycle and they do have two backpacks. One backpack does look a little more suspicious, like the high viz one.
Speaker 3: And they're trying to go over a wall here best.
Speaker 2: I can tell, I was trying to get in a gate or something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is on February first, at around one fifty three am. However, this person does not have anybody with them. There is nobody with them that we can see and see if they're at like somebody's house.
Speaker 4: Why blur out the face and release the footage like.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure why they would do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and cross them off the list if.
Speaker 1: He's yeah, I mean, if they have any level of confidence that this guy was involved in the same thing. I don't know why they would have done that, But he is censored in the footage that we're looking at here now. Could be that the going around the neighborhood door to door, they might have gone around with a photo uncensored of this guy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I'm also imagining wherever they got this security footage for it. Let's just use our brains here, right. If I'm using my brain, the person who gave the police this security footage must have told the police, we don't know who this guy is and we don't know what he was doing by our gate. Otherwise they're going to clear things up real quick and go, oh no, that we know. That is totally horrible that they would be here. For the reason why they released this footage is because they don't know who Frank is. Frank he loves They're like, what the hell is this guy doing and why was he over here? And again, this is about five miles from the house when that happens. So that's another piece of information popping up on another front entirely. There is a restaurant that is announcing a huge change, and I think maybe this will cause a ripple effect that will change chain restaurants in the United States of America for the better.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is.
Speaker 1: The announcement here? Who is making this announcement? It's a huge chain. You have heard of them before. They are making a change, and I think other places may follow suit because if they start putting this in commercials, it'll be a big deal.
Speaker 3: What is all this about?
Speaker 2: That? Plus Jury Duty coming up next in the news junk Keye the final say in this whole debate, Right, should anything that is plant.
Speaker 1: Based be able to call itself milk? The most contentious pole. It's gone back and forth a million times. This is going to settle it.
Speaker 2: All the pole to end all poles on the milk front. I'm checking the pole right.
Speaker 1: Now over on the news junky dot Com slash pole and fifty eight percent no good on you, folks. Should plant based milk be called milk? Fifty eight percent? No to forty one percent? The nose are rising up and I'm glad to see it.
Speaker 3: We really need to shut this down forever.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 7: I think that everyone else who knows that they would say yes, put down your swim milk, put down your oat milk, put down your nut milk, and answer that damn pole.
Speaker 2: Or it'll be too late. Then it's over.
Speaker 1: And then we've decided forever on the show we're going to respond to whatever the results are here and we'll never.
Speaker 3: Talk about this again.
Speaker 1: The News Junkie dot Com slash pole get in on the action right now.
Speaker 2: All right here we go.
Speaker 1: Let's see, we're all teed up and ready to go. So let's do jury duty.
Speaker 19: Court is now in session, and so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whit your.
Speaker 2: Ass your no injury duty with the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode wit of the DeWit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO, or go to just CALLMO dot com after an accident. There's lots of places you can turn to to help you out with your case against the insurance companies.
Speaker 3: But be smart about things.
Speaker 2: You know Moses DeWitt from the show, and it's time now that you reach out to them and battle.
Speaker 1: Those insurance companies. Eight hundred Callmo eight hundred Calmo or go to just Callmo dot com. All right, Steve had an update about the missing girl from Ovido. Somebody said, all the attention on this Nancy Guthrie case, and there's a missing girl in Ovido and this happens all the time. The first question people say is like, would this happen if they weren't famous, And it's like, yes, it probably would. It's a very interesting story with lots of twists and turns. Even if Savannah Guthrie wasn't attached, we would be paying attention at this point.
Speaker 2: I believe, yes, totally.
Speaker 1: Second question is like what if it wasn't a white lady? And it's like, okay, same thing. If a story has all the right elements and people are guessing and there's a huge audience for it, and all the TV stations realize people want updates, Yes, they will one hundred percent follow any of these stories, no matter what's involved, old person, young person, or whatever. But when a teenager goes missing and it's you know, there's circumstances around this that makes it look like it's another runaway. A lot of times that doesn't get as much attention, but doesn't mean we can't pay attention to it.
Speaker 24: Here, Steve, I read about the fifteen year old girl that was missing from a veto last night, and according to her dad, she ran away from home, So it looks like she's intentionally trying not to be found.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's the case with so many of these missing teenager stories. We all probably have some story about when we got in a big fight with our parents and we were gonna leave.
Speaker 2: Then we're going to run away.
Speaker 1: And most of the stories about missing persons are wrapped up in a very short period of time.
Speaker 3: They find the person and they're done with it.
Speaker 1: And I say this not to say that nefarious stuff doesn't happen, but I say this now to combat this overall narrative that was kind of in the email I think or whatever it was from before, that there's all kinds of abducting of children going.
Speaker 2: On all the time.
Speaker 1: I think, the amount of children, Oh that's what are the numbers? See how many children are abducted in the United States every year?
Speaker 3: Not run away, none of that stuff.
Speaker 1: But I think maybe the question of abducted will make it just boiled down to the actual people that we're looking for.
Speaker 7: Here, they're saying between eight hundred thousand to over eight hundred forty thousand are reported missing each year in the US, averages twenty one hundred a day. True stranger abductions are rare, with estimates ranging from one hundred to roughly three hundred five the cases.
Speaker 1: Annually, So one hundred to three hundred people are involved in these sort of cases, Is that right?
Speaker 7: True stranger inbductions rus runaways or custodial disputes.
Speaker 1: The thing that I would say is every parent's worst nightmare, Like you don't wish this on your worst enemy. Some weirdo creeper is watching and grabs your kid and runs away with your child. And everybody is constantly on edge for stuff like that. And I mean, I've seen parents freak out about this. One time, Courtney and I were going on a walk and there was a mom who comes out in the front door.
Speaker 2: Of her house.
Speaker 1: It's like this hippie lady down the street and she goes, have you seen my daughters? And I go, we're just walking by right now. How how long have you not seen them for? And she goes, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know's they're not here. They're not here, they're not anywhere.
Speaker 1: And I go, Okay, well, you know, we're we'll go this way and if we see anything, we'll bring them back to you or what.
Speaker 14: So.
Speaker 1: I I've seen it, and I've seen the fear in many parents' eyes. I've been worried myself. I've told the story about accidentally leaving Dylan at Disney World, accidentally getting on the monoail as we drove away from him. He was a little older at that time, not too old, there's maybe eight nine something like that. Maybe I don't know, maybe a little older than that, but still felt bad about that. But I don't believe there's a whole side of TikTok in particular that's like so paranoid about kids being abducted, about sex trafficking and human trafficking, and it's spread all over all over the social media. And I think one of the biggest reasons for that is because people just throw out words anymore. They don't really define them, they don't really focus on if people understand what they're talking about. You know, this mass shooting used to mean one thing, and now it's worped into meaning another.
Speaker 11: Thing.
Speaker 1: Things are included that you wouldn't considered be included. And when people say human trafficking, the vast majority of human trafficking is people illegally entering with assistants into a country like the United States of America. That's what human trafficking is. You're from Chihuahua, Mexico, and the cartels have forced you out of town because it's too dangerous there, and you know all your family to be there. You haul ass and you pay some coyote, you know, ten thousand dollars that you saved up to bring you across the border illegally into the United States of America. That is human trafficking. We have a very movie like, very thriller like description of this for many of us, and I don't think that's one hundred percent accurate. It happens, and I want it to happen zero times, but it doesn't happen as much as a lot of people think. It's like cops shooting people and killing them, especially when they're unarmed.
Speaker 2: So here's the girl in particular.
Speaker 1: The update on this from our friends over at Fox thirty five, and this says Florida missing child alert has been issued her name is Jade Toth, so we'll give them both attention. A white female fifteen years old, five foot six, one hundred and twenty pounds, brown hair and brown eyes. Fox thirty five has the photo of this fifteen year old girl. Olvito Police said she could be in the Tampa or Clearwater area with three unknown females. So they think she ran away with some friends.
Speaker 4: Your parents worth Oh.
Speaker 1: No, they said, unknown females. So Vito Police currently looking for a fifteen year old Jade Ta. Here's some more photos of Jade and they're looking for her right now, and they believe she has a hoodie and a black backpack sweatpants on, and they believe she'll she'll be in the Tampa Clearwater area. And like I thought, they think that she's a runaway. She's a runaway, runaway from her family. Hopefully she goes back. Hopefully everything's okay, Jade. Whatever's happening in your house, if you're out there somewhere, it can be resolved. You can sort it out. Your parents are worried about. Sure, you might be in a little trouble, but they can sort all this out. So there is the update on that partecular space.
Speaker 2: Take away her cell phone, but then how they're going to track her.
Speaker 1: We might need that actually real quick, I said this earlier. Let me pay this off. I said, a big restaurant is making a change. I think it could be the domino that falls that makes a lot of other competitors change what they're doing. This may seem like a small deal, but it was just announced by I told you you've heard of this place, little restaurant called Steak and Shake.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, baby, that's right, Steak and Shake. Steak and Shake.
Speaker 3: There, they've announced this.
Speaker 1: Steak and Shake is removing all microwaves from its restaurants. We expect every single Steak and Shake to be microwave free by April fifteenth. Quality restaurants don't need microwaves. It's part of our journey to improve food quality and use traditional methods of cooking. Only eat real food, says Steak and Shake. And I think this could be interesting, like if they did a national campaign about all these other restaurants cooking your food and microwaves, Like, hey, come to Steak and Shake, we cook it up right.
Speaker 2: We don't use microwaves.
Speaker 1: None of our Steak and Shake locations have microwaves. I think that could be powerful because maybe I'm wrong on this, but I still am a firm believer that most people who go to like an Applebee's or a Chili's or something, you still picture a person with a chef's hat back there, absolutely jingingingingjing, making stuff working on your food. It is a row of microwaves, all right, there's probably a flat top. There's a couple of other things too, but it is microwave crazy back there. Each item that you order on a menu of a chain restaurant like this has a little piece of laminated paper with it, and it gives you the instructions on how to prepare the dish.
Speaker 2: So it's the same every time.
Speaker 1: And usually it's like put the mashed potatoes in the microwave in this mashed potato bag and all of it is cooked.
Speaker 2: Not all of it.
Speaker 1: The majority of this stuff, no matter where you go, is made in these microwaveable bags. So many of the places you order food from in pay are using microwaves.
Speaker 4: Turn around, I imagine though, right.
Speaker 2: But a lot of them. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: This is one concerns me about steak and shake because if they're like we vound not to do it? Will the service keep up? Especially when you have like a concert dress came out or a rave show and all the drunk people are now there wanting their food.
Speaker 4: Is it going to be an ashe I'm curious, got to figure it out.
Speaker 2: What was making in a microwave? They are not that complimented at the complicated. That's what I was looking at, is very complimented. That compliment they're.
Speaker 1: Going to make a burger on the grill, right, Okay, all they're on the top. Obviously, if you have a milkshake, you ain't making that in a microwave.
Speaker 3: We're all smart enough to realize that.
Speaker 4: If you haven't lived until you have a microwave milkshake.
Speaker 2: Hot dog maybe no chicken fingers.
Speaker 1: Chicken fingers could be something that they microwave the kids stuff.
Speaker 7: But microwave, we know it. It's like convection of it, is it not or like they have like last microwave.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna look like the same microwave that you have in your house. They have like commercial microwaves, but they literally make a lot of the food in those things really quick.
Speaker 2: Are we calling what they have at subway or behind the counter at seven eleven. Are we calling that a microwave that really fast toaster? I don't think that's a convection of it. Yeah, I think that's more like a closer to an air fryer, or I think many oven is more accurate than air fryer, because I don't know. Convection implies that there's air movement inside that there would be a fan in there, there'd be.
Speaker 1: A little tiny fan, and then you know, does convection imply that has heat on the top and bottom.
Speaker 2: Or is just a fan. I don't know. I have a convection of it, and I have the choice. I can convection roaster, convection bake. I can't do both simply.
Speaker 1: Jeremy by the way, on YouTube says I worked at Chili's and the only thing they microwave is the kids cheese and the fajidahs.
Speaker 3: The filling of the feet is to warm up. I've seen the kitchen microwave.
Speaker 2: The filling of the fada unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I've seen the kitchen at like an Applebee's and it was just a row of microwaves, and I've thought like, well, this is not what I expected back here. I expected there to be yeah, like every like like on Top Chef. I mean, I know it's not Top Chef. I know it's a chained restaurant.
Speaker 4: I'm an idiot. Language.
Speaker 1: I expected there to be like stainless steel counters everywhere and people preparing food.
Speaker 2: And you don't get that as much as you would think.
Speaker 25: So.
Speaker 7: According to the interwebs, seven to eleven, for example, primarily uses high speed, ventless rapid cook ovens, most notably Turbo Chef Tornado two.
Speaker 2: Right, oh, the Turbo Chef which is Nato two. Well, a lot of those places I think, uh uh wah wah has the same thing because like I get their hash brown sometimes and.
Speaker 7: They combine it's all the things microwave in and convection.
Speaker 1: Hey, they're not cheap, these these turbo Turbo Chef things. Eighteen thousand dollars for the Turbo Chef Tornado two oven.
Speaker 6: Is it worth it?
Speaker 14: Though?
Speaker 1: I think they probably last for a very very long time. This is this is what I'm talking about bringing up for those of you on the stream, Like Turbo Chef, the Tornado is so old schooling programming instruction.
Speaker 26: Now, let me show you how to tornado oven. We have oven in the off position. We're going to hit both arrows together.
Speaker 2: Oh, never would go together in this case is three and.
Speaker 26: Your manager for permission to make changes, and your code number. It's going to show me the oven set temperature.
Speaker 3: I was still wearing the chef's code.
Speaker 2: It's still got that going.
Speaker 7: I made the seven and for the next seventeen minutes, I'm going to show you the press buttons.
Speaker 1: Damn those are expensive, but that's their strategy. Steak in Shake was what the announcement was. And maybe they're talking about their chili mac that they make and their chin fries and stuff.
Speaker 2: You're chili you put in a crock pot. You know, it probably starts as a frozen, you know, bag of chili that's made at corporate or made it some factory and chipped in. You put that in a crock pot. The cheese could also be in a similar vessel. I don't see anything on their menu that I think would be microwave here.
Speaker 1: If you, if you work at Stake and Shake, tell us you could be anonymous. Just send an email tips at the news junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: What goes in the microwave?
Speaker 3: Just a ploy.
Speaker 4: They're like, oh, our microwave free come down.
Speaker 3: I think that's attractive.
Speaker 1: I think people will go, I want to go to a place where they're really cooking food, where they're not using microwaves. I think that that is something that would move the needle for people.
Speaker 2: But we'll see, all right, we're gonna take quick break when we come back.
Speaker 1: Run away behind here. But when we come back, we'll get into the power hour of the show. A lot of your feedback is on the way. It's right around the corner. It's coming up next in the news Junkie.
Speaker 3: A spotlight comment worth pointing out.
Speaker 1: That's when you say something that's interesting and adding enough to the show to bring it.
Speaker 2: Up on the show.
Speaker 1: And Lynn says on YouTube this is a response to the Steak and Shake announcement. Steak and Shake said they're getting rid of all of the microwaves at every Steak and Shake location. They're gonna serve healthier food not cooked in a microwave. That's their argument, and they're like other places that do this are not doing the best for you, So no more microwaves for Steak and Shake. And Lynn says, I worked at Steak and Shake for five years. I was a prep and line person. I microwaved pre portioned chili mac sauce, not the chili that goes on saw on top, the sauce that goes on top, and a kid's mac and cheese, not much of anything else. Everything else was always fresh.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 4: It's not a huge change.
Speaker 1: She says, well, of course, it had to be like a small change, because otherwise, like if you told Panera Bread you can't use microwaves at all, it would turn the place upside down. They would they use it for virtually everything. It'd be like telling Subway you have to find another way to toast the subs. Pandemonium in subway world. It would be a problem for them. But yeah, they've they've said they're going to do this. I think it's only good.
Speaker 2: The Subway didn't originally toast their subs, if I'm not mistaken right by back in the day when they did, Yeah, it was like a Quiznos thing or even Firehouse. That kind of popularity of the hot sub that kind of forced their hand on that. Yeah, But I'm talking about back when Subway remember the old subway cut it was like they were the cut out the top. Yeah, and then and there was like this v of top bread and then they would build your sub and then they would put the v of top bread back on it. It was like a sub roof.
Speaker 1: There's like a yeah roof on the top of your sub and then your food was underneath and then they would cut it out again. Yeah, they stopped doing that for some reason.
Speaker 2: It was probably other popular subs that people liked. That that side slit better, amazing, amazing that.
Speaker 1: Oh god, what was the one that the placed the fast or that microwaves and that you were just toasting Whizzos changes the whole industry so that everybody toasts their subs now or ever as the ability to order it toasted sub and Quizno's nukes themselves out of existence with a commercial so bad that it just ends the company.
Speaker 7: And Earworm though made that weird creature rest in peace, light bulb moment, because we did see earlier in the show the Tornado two convection slash microwave slash Fast food oven. They're getting rent of theirs. Yeah, so there's going to be a sale somewhere. Maybe we can get one ourselves.
Speaker 18: Too.
Speaker 1: Very few people have had commercials so bad for their coming.
Speaker 2: Or just the tornado one. I would settle for a tornado one that they just totally nuked the thing.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm talking about, so bad, such.
Speaker 2: An ugly commercial.
Speaker 4: Tens of thousands of dollars were spent on us.
Speaker 1: This ruined the whole company. Pepper bar didn't work. It didn't work. They tried and they failed.
Speaker 4: I think they.
Speaker 3: Bring back the pepper bar.
Speaker 4: No, just that weird ass commercial.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it would stand out, and it did stand out, but it brought them down. It ruined everything for that company. When they were really they were like there were I don't know how many locations quiznos happened. They were in most major places. Yeah, for a while at least, they were pretty big outlet. All right, let's see what we got for you here, a bunch of stories to work in before the show ends. A lot of people were emailing about Pam Bondy and we'll get to that. Oh, here are some of the people who were in the crowd that they were labeling as Epstein's survivors and what their thoughts were on that testimony yesterday.
Speaker 3: I told you, like, there was a lot.
Speaker 1: Of ways to go in and fight this and say, hey, the pushback against this is partisan. Hey, this is a side show. You could have done a lot of things. But pam Bondi went in there and whatever she did was bad. It was so amateur hour. It was she should be bounced for it. Her head should roll like that was a really, really bad performance.
Speaker 2: And you have to think about these kind of things.
Speaker 1: And here is like, here's an interview with one of these Epstein victims, allegedly here what is it like? Oh, shoot, so quiet, let me turn it up.
Speaker 8: We have a sharing there to listen to this. We expected a little bit more of, you know, on pan Bond's part.
Speaker 2: I think so quiet, I think really.
Speaker 8: Dehumanized us today. At one point, they asked, you know, if she could apologize to us, and she never did. We all stood up and a lot of the survivors cried. You know, we stood there and we almost felt like embarrassed that we even stood up, and she put a turn around and apologized to us.
Speaker 1: So this was one of the people who said that Pambondi's performance wasn't good. She's identified as an Epstein survivor. I don't know who all these people are. I know that I was looking at the people that they kept asking to stand up because they would go, if you are an Epstein survivor and you're willing to stand, and you wanted to be heard by the Justice Department and you wanted to have them learn from you about what happened in your story, stand and they all stand, and then they're like, now stay standing if you are an Epstein survivor, and when reaching out the Justice Department actually did hear from you and question you about your story for this case. And they all sat back down. And when they did that, I was like, there's a guy in there. I didn't know about that part of this.
Speaker 2: There's a guy.
Speaker 1: Turns out I think it was Virginia Giuphray's brother. Because Virginia Giuffrey was a troubled individual. She lived a life I wouldn't wish on anybody. She had a lot of problems, and she also was undoubtedly victimized by Epstein in the middle of all of that. It's difficult to say what was one hundred percent and what wasn't from Virginia Geuphray's stories. But we can't ask any more questions, and she can't be there because she took her own life. So that's why her brother and sister. I think too. I think they were both there in attendance at this particular event.
Speaker 3: She was married when she passed, right, Virginia Giufrey.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I thought she was. I just I remember she was struggling really hard.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things about her having problems, and then she wrote a book that yeah, yeah, she wrote a book, and uh and and I didn't read the book obviously, but at the time there was quite a bit of buzz about her book. This is the people doing the hand raising and stuff, and this is.
Speaker 2: Her brother, I believe, over here on the right hand side.
Speaker 1: So like, let's take the worst case scenario for Pam Bondy here. Let's say these people are all full of it. They're all like hallucinating things. You know, I've heard like, oh, these people were adults, all of them with this who cares. Let's take all those people and say they're all like partisan guys playing for the other team against Pam Bondy.
Speaker 3: You still have to have a brain.
Speaker 1: You're out there representing the White House in this controversial case about the Epstein files. Every time something comes up where somebody goes, hey, why is this blacked out. I as an observer of this, I'm like, why is that blacked out?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Why is that person's name blacked out? Every single time I heard it brought up, I was like, I want to see that person's name revealed. That's not there.
Speaker 4: It's not a victim.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a victim.
Speaker 1: And in all these cases, because of the context, you could see like this was a person who was responding to something that was that seemed criminal, like it seemed bad, and they yet their name would be censored. So every time I was like, I would like that person's name revealed, or I'd like to know a really good reason why that person's name is not revealed, and every time deflecting to like illegal immigrants raping people or killing people in this country, or the stock market being at record highs. It ain't gonna land with the average person. That's a stupid look.
Speaker 2: Isn't the stock market at stock market being at record highs like a good thing? Yeah, that's what she's saying.
Speaker 1: She's like, we should be talking about how the stock market is at record highs right now.
Speaker 3: This is just as strange as.
Speaker 2: We should not be talking about people getting justice. We should be patting ourselves on the back for other things.
Speaker 1: When, in my view, Sea Lane, when somebody tells you what you shouldn't be talking about, what you're talking about too much, as is the case with the Nancy Guthrie thing earlier, I think they're not necessarily telling you what you shouldn't be talking about. They're telling you what they want you to talk about instead. I'd rather hear you talk about this thing. And so from Pam Bondi's perspectives, she's like, I'd rather hear you talk about the stock market.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, dummy, of course you would.
Speaker 1: Of course you'd rather just be rainbows and sunshine about the administration that you're part of. Of course, but that's not how average people are going to think about this. The average person doesn't have and hold on to your butts here a very good opinion of Jeffrey Epstein. Okay, the average person thinks that Jeffrey Epstein was a predator, a disgusting person who was involved with a lot of like very very heavy hitters from Bill Clinton to Steve Bannon and everybody else whose name is in the mix, including Trump and all the other people that they were talking about. Right, if your argument is that, Hey, Trump didn't have anything to do with any of these young girls. Trump was the one calling out Epstein. He didn't like him. They were both from Palm Beach, but they had a falling out with each other over stuff just like this. And here's emails of Trump saying that Glaine is a monster and she's the one behind this, etc. Do all of that, do all of that, fight for your side and your team, and get that out there. But deflecting every time somebody asked why something it was blocked out on the report and censored and redacted. It just not going to land with people. And I didn't land with me. I thought it was really stupid, and I think she should be fired. I thought it was bad. There was a lot of back and forth and screaming over that. But I think you guys kind of get the point on that particular topic.
Speaker 3: So let's see what else we have here.
Speaker 2: Let's work at a couple of dispatches while we have a moment here is this is.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure I get the right one here.
Speaker 1: Somebody's talking about the Washington Patrol trip conversation from yesterday. I don't know if people are gonna remember this. This is when I said you got to get kids to be more interested in being successful in school. And Seelan said, book it book. It was the thing that got me excited in school. And I said, for me, it was we patrol.
Speaker 4: Patrol is a good one.
Speaker 1: Trying to get in on the like trying to be a patrol and go to Washington d See what was a patrol It was just a club er, yeah.
Speaker 4: The monitor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we've got a patrol line right, Well.
Speaker 1: Is that like a regional thing that I thought everybody called them patrol school patrols.
Speaker 4: I definitely was part of that.
Speaker 7: You were either opening the doors for the car line to let the kids out, you were walking and kids that walk to school across the street or something, and I forget whatever else.
Speaker 4: It was where we got the sash and you.
Speaker 3: Could get people in trouble for running in the hallways.
Speaker 4: Oh no, monitors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they had the authority for that.
Speaker 1: At my school, you wore the sash, like that orange sash thing, and you were a patrol and you were in charge of the hallways and if kids were running around, you could yell at them and they could get in trouble because of you.
Speaker 2: You were kind of a nark in a way.
Speaker 1: But I really wanted to be that nark because I want to go to Washington, DC. Worked with a lot of other people too.
Speaker 4: Is there like a patrol convention in DC?
Speaker 1: They just went to do a tour that this is where the politicians are and this is where all the government stuff happens.
Speaker 2: And it seemed cool. Since you're a dirty little nark, this is what you have to look forward to.
Speaker 1: This this is where you're headed. Here's Intokasol talking about that.
Speaker 18: Sean first book. It but it was awesome. Love those pieces.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 18: Second, sorry to say, definitely was a patrol.
Speaker 2: Third.
Speaker 18: I also did not get to go on the Washington trip. I did all the stuff I was supposed to do, wasn't allowed to go. I had to go on the Disney trip with everyone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you poor thing. I only got to go on the Disney trip.
Speaker 3: That's still good. I was excited about.
Speaker 1: Those two back in the day, anything where you could go on a trip where you were Most of the school field trips we went on growing up were the traditional type that you did on the regular school bus. You got on the school bus and you went to the zoo ride.
Speaker 2: We had a couple of trips where they hired like motor coaches were good, you know when when they had to like like we can bring in movies, but they can't be r rated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that even watches on this very time.
Speaker 1: That was fun, though, you getting on those tour buses, being in like the more fancy chairs with a seatbelt.
Speaker 2: Actually I think on like a school.
Speaker 1: Bus and going anywhere further away was such an exciting thing for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. Maybe it wasn't the same for everybody else.
Speaker 4: But I would little things man the night before.
Speaker 1: Like if we had a field trip at the school where we were getting on one of those tour buses and we were going for the day, I wouldn't be able to sleep the night before. Oh yeah, I'd be so excited that it would be the.
Speaker 2: Trip that we took to in fifth grade to like Saint Augustine. I think they got us a nicer bus for that, just because we were going to be in it longer. And but that The other thing I liked about that was like we had to get there really early, so we'd get to Saint Augustine in time to start, you know, looking at forts and stuff, right, and so I had to get up when it was like still dark outside. Yeah, And there was something like exciting about that. That was fun.
Speaker 1: And you're like, it's still dark and you're getting on the bus with your schoolmates.
Speaker 2: I'm not used to seeing them at.
Speaker 4: This time, some guys drinking coffee.
Speaker 1: I know it's done, but for some reason that was fun and exciting to me. A real quick tidbit to wrap everything up. I think this will probably be the final nail in the coffin of Super Bowl related talk. Or you said that yesterday. This is for real ease New York City, all right, one point seven million views on this post. New York City saw a significant reduction in water usage throughout the five burroughs of New York during the Super Bowl's Bad Bunny halftime show on Sunday, But in the fifteen minutes right after the halftime show ended, there was a spike in usage equivalent to seven hundred and sixty one thousand, seven hundred nineteen toilets flushing aft Town. They all threw up that show they think of at one time, seven hundred and sixty one thousand people are all flushing the.
Speaker 4: Toilet and nothing catastrophic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder, and again an idle wave.
Speaker 4: Of tampons and wipeies just headed down Manhattan.
Speaker 1: Because I'm gonna say something so stupid, and I apologize in advance, but I want an expert to come in with an email or a dispatch on this.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: If you work in sanitation and you work at the tail end of this where all of the flushed water comes in, do you see like a surge when there's something like this, You know, it's seven hundred and sixty one thousand people flushes to us.
Speaker 2: A little toilet see, you know, in Deep Impact, when one of the characters decides to just stand on the beach and wait for the giant title wave to come, and they're like, you idiot, what what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You know, like, is are they sitting back at the company, you know where all the toilet stuff comes in the.
Speaker 4: Sanitation waiting looking at it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they're like, well, it's rising, We're up two inches four inches.
Speaker 3: And a tsunami comes in.
Speaker 1: That has gotta be the case when you have seven hundred and sixty one thousand toilets flushing.
Speaker 2: All the same time.
Speaker 4: It's the greatest eighth grade prank of all time.
Speaker 1: I like the comments. Matt says, we want the raw data. Please, can you give me a PowerPoint of that? Walk me through this please? I want to know exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: In this case. All right, quick break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we'll get into more of the clips that I have here ready to go on a Thursday that we haven't gotten into just yet. So some odds and ends in a bit of a grab bag segment coming.
Speaker 2: Up next and the new use Junkie.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of talk about in the Guthrie case whether or not the sheriff has been a disaster, and I want to add a little fuel to that fire if you don't mind, because this just came in moments ago. The Pima County Sheriff said two things in a row. One they said, and this is the sheriff that you know, that nanos guy who is really awkward and has absolutely zero.
Speaker 2: Riz by himself.
Speaker 4: He's like, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Whispering into the microphone. He can't hear a word. This guy seemed like it, yes, And Pima County Sheriff's department tweeted out this or post it on next there are no press briefing scheduled at this time. Sheriff Nanos is not conducting one on one interviews.
Speaker 3: Should a significant development.
Speaker 1: A current press conference will be called and media will be notified by email and our PEMA sheriff x account. Right, Okay, fine, then they said in this tweet, investigators are requesting any video showing vehicles, traffic, pedestrians, or suspicious activity from January first to February second, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: That's a pretty big window.
Speaker 4: And how many people do we have reviewing that footage?
Speaker 1: You want people to send in for what over a month? You want over a month of vehicles, traffic, pedestrian or suspicious activity from a two mile radius.
Speaker 2: All video is being reviewed.
Speaker 1: And the kicker is the link if you click it to upload a video is a big fat error. Okay, does not exist to anybody who would be submitting this right now. They're clicking the link error and it just completely crashes. So everything kind of starts looking like this amateur hour stuff.
Speaker 2: And yes, see I got involved.
Speaker 4: Everyone was.
Speaker 2: The FBI is involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the FBI is involved, but there they work in pair allow so they share stuff with each other. The FBI investigates, Pema County Sheriff's Department investigates. They share some resources, but they're also like trying to pull rank on each other. And this is our territory and you know, we're where the Feds.
Speaker 4: Were in charge, and.
Speaker 1: So they have a submit footage link. They want footage from over a month from a two mile radius, and then the link to submit the footage is broken.
Speaker 2: They also said that they periodically use the Neighbors app to contact residents with home surveillance cameras. That is the Ring Neighbors app. The quest will come from Pema County Sheriff's apartment with a blue check mark. Please verify a legitimate post before sharing. So it's like there's gonna be a fake sheriff going around asking for your footage as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they do that, Sea Lan, I don't know anything about this app that goes along with the Ring Doorbell love it. I I've seen that. It seems a little bit like tell me if I'm wrong here. It seems a little bit like next door or something.
Speaker 2: It's a lot like next Door, except everybody is anonymous.
Speaker 1: Everybody's anonymous. What did you say, like user two nine nine, This is like neighbor four, neighbor six, neighbor.
Speaker 7: Seventeen, constantly on it, and some juicy stuff too, because anyone that's commenting is also neighbor two seven five.
Speaker 4: They'll give you the area.
Speaker 7: Which is also peculiar. They won't give me the exact address, but they'll put a circle in the in which that all went.
Speaker 2: Down, like here's on my feed right now. And mind you, this is for people who have ring stuff. So you think you'd be sharing video or stuff that's going on around the neighborhood. This is actually nowhere near me. But looking for someone that can recondition deck around pool and paint we good reference no, no, no, maybe with good reference spectrum no Wi Fi again, anyone else? A lot of that. Help me find my dog. There's a lot of that. And even know of a store that does alterations. Chlorine smell. We are smelling chlorine really strong.
Speaker 4: I got that one too, my eyes.
Speaker 2: Anyone else, everything is anyone else? Anytime any fire works, you know, anytime you know there's something that sounds like gunshots.
Speaker 1: Have either of you who have a ring doorbell as many many people listening to the sound of my voice too, Have you ever seen a request for footage from law enforcement.
Speaker 4: No, umm, not that I recall, because.
Speaker 1: I wonder if law enforcement goes, we want to see your footage, and we want to see it from this date to this date, and here's our little account with the check marks. You know, it's officially the local sheriff investigating. I wonder if people click yes, if it automatically just dumps all of that access from Ring onto the sheriff and then they just get this huge database without having to go get like, you know, each video one at a time. It seems like maybe that's how it works. Anybody in law enforcement who can clarify, I'd love to hear from you before the end of the show here, which is not long away tips at the news Junkie dot com, tps at the news Junkie dot the Pole in its last moments. If you care about democracy, you need to get your final votes in at the Newsjunkie dot Com slash pole right now.
Speaker 2: The question should plant based milk be called milk?
Speaker 1: I needed to get people off the fence on this issue, and they have fifty seven percent saying no, plant based milk is not milk.
Speaker 3: Stop calling it that.
Speaker 1: Forty two percent saying yes, this is your last opportunity and this debate dies here and now on this show. So go get those last minute votes in at the newsjunky dot com slash pole chat. Put one last link up on Twitch and YouTube for last minute votes on this We'll tell you what it looked like and put that pole to bed when we come back. Also final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today learned to wrap everything up for a Thursday that is coming up next on the News Junkie. A Secret Show will be Tonight's streamed live from this studio, and it's every Thursday round eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: We're gonna try to go for eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: On the nose.
Speaker 1: If you are a Discord user, you can watch the show live. If you don't know how to do that, go to the news junkie dot com if you're a subscriber to Secret Shows and hit the Discord button the Discord link there on the homepage. Ask around and they'll help you out and they'll get you all ready for tonight's live stream. Now, I told you that there was some updates on the way for this year, including an exclusive stream right on the website it's not up yet, but it probably will be up in the next month or so in exclusive stream, so you don't have to go through the hoops of watching on Discord if you don't want to. There'll be a countdown timer on Thursdays counting to eight PMST. When that is done, there'll be a live player that appears in an alert, and you can watch in full HD live from the studio, fully uncentered. If you want to watch secret shows, it's easy to do alsos a month.
Speaker 2: That you're going to change it so that it comes down to eight pm EDT. No.
Speaker 1: Hopefully the developers will figure out all this beforehand and expect any kind of changes. And is that when we're are we springing forward or yes.
Speaker 4: Happening Jesus time do be flying.
Speaker 2: March eighth, I believe, Yeah, that's not that far away, yeah, or the night of March seventh leading into March eighth, I think right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I mean that that is all coming up soon on the website for subscribers. If you're not able to watch live on Discord tonight around eight o'clock on the Secret Show stage, you can always wait until everybody else gets the Secret Show, which is on Fridays right before five pm right there on the website. Learn more about secret shows and how you're going unlock them at the newsjunkie dot com. Let's see what we have here on the way out, I'm gonna just fly through things and see what we missed. The bitcoin deadlines passed days ago. There was only a tiny bit of activity. There's like eight hundred dollars that went into the bitcoin account. Nobody explained why or what. Yeah, just eight hundred eight hundred buck bucks down.
Speaker 4: Someone probably was like, I hope this helps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how somebody got that, or did they do it to test it out, or was the kidnapper testing out what happens if I put some money on here.
Speaker 4: You've been fluctuating on bitcoin.
Speaker 3: It wasn't doing well. Let's see bitcoin value right.
Speaker 20: We changed it out those sixty six thousand dollars because of right now that it was up at about ninety six on January fifteenth, so a month ago ninety six.
Speaker 2: It's not been a good ride. That's why they asked for six million dollars in bitcoin, and not a specific amount of bitcoin. That's true.
Speaker 1: Here's one of the neighbors. I don't know if we can hear this. This is one of the neighbors of Nancy Guthrie.
Speaker 9: It was something that someone in the neighborhood suggested, and flower, there's nothing else that we can do to help this family right now or to do anything to bring her back, And so just showing that we care and that we support the family, and we support everybody who's, you know, trying to bring her back.
Speaker 4: I had forgotten that yellow.
Speaker 9: Is a symbol that they've used to symbolize wanting someone to come back home safely, and usually hear about that in war. But and so it seemed like a very good idea to bring the yellow roses and.
Speaker 4: What else can we do right now?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So that's the neighbors they're bringing by flowers. However, there's one neighbor who is not on board. And this neighbor just keeps going out in her yard and yelling at all the cops and she's.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, there's a fire here.
Speaker 1: She is, this lady, she goes out every day, this lady right here, and she's like, what if.
Speaker 2: There's a fire, Oh yeah, what's going Can we get all the sheriffs off of the street.
Speaker 7: Here girl stands and her mom jeans cheeks.
Speaker 4: Just telling them what she believes.
Speaker 2: That's weird, isn't it? Like the hands in the back pockets pissed. That's a weird move.
Speaker 3: She's angry.
Speaker 7: I if everyone wants to help, and all those people are hanging out over there, like, why aren't we doing your your traditional search.
Speaker 4: Like everyone is in a line and we're looking for.
Speaker 2: All the clues.
Speaker 22: No tracking, I don't know found those gloves days ago, But that must.
Speaker 1: Not be happening because I haven't seen any video of any canvassing. No, I haven't seen anything like that at all. All right, I think that'll have to do it for today. God bless you all, God bless tiny Tim. Thanks for hanging out with us. It's all much appreciated, and we'll see you tomorrow. But right now, let's get out of the way and let's do today.
Speaker 19: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 2: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 23: Now it's done.
Speaker 6: What we call today.
Speaker 1: It is today, learn frey Thursday, February twelfth of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Today learn on the flintstones. Not only did.
Speaker 1: They famously have cigarette commercials, as Sea Land has talked about on the show before, of a Winston brute, of a Winston. They also had alcohol and they drank and promoted it.
Speaker 2: When you do for a beer, bush does it? You can't say beer better than Bush?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would love this stuff. Man, if they still did this, Oh, I hate that. That's true.
Speaker 24: How can they miss with that talk and advertising?
Speaker 1: They would be like drinking beers a magic car cartoons nowadays drinking beers, it's much more for adults than all right, and let's see here.
Speaker 2: Family guy drinks beers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I did?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What's it called? Is it called Happy time Friends? What cartoon? Happy Tree friends? Happy Tree Friends?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 25: I know it?
Speaker 2: That does not look like a cartoon you would watch. It's horror though, I guess it's and that's not it. It's not it's happy somethings.
Speaker 1: No, it's a cartoon. Somebody get it in chat? What am I thinking of? It's very very funny. It's on adult swim now it's.
Speaker 4: Like bros like blonde brothers on a couch. Nothing.
Speaker 1: No smiling, happy smiling friends. That's it, Happy smiling friends. They would probably drink on that. It's a fun one. That's a fun cartoon. Smiling Friends, Happy.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just called smiley friends, all right, final answer.
Speaker 4: Smiling friends.
Speaker 1: If you're trying to watch it seven times now, it's just called smiling Friends.
Speaker 4: Trademark on everything else that's.
Speaker 1: Wrongig, they would put a Winston or a drinking commercial on that, for sure. Today learned let's see here, let's just move out to the last one because we're running out of time here, as I see on the clock before me. Today learned this band right here, Niggleback. That is correct, Nickelbacks. How you remind me? This song you're hearing right now was the most played song for an entire decade. It was played over one point two million times on the radio from two thousand and one to two thousand and nine at the end of the year. In that decade of the Oughts, this song was inescapable. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Miss end of the show. Get the podcast over theews junkie dot com. We'll see an ext time. Everybody rock random
Speaker 17: S