Speaker 1: Welcome to the Sounders FC Postmat Show. Sounders FC Soccer is brought to you by Delta Airlines, proud to donate one soccer ball for every mile rand by Sounders FC players this season through Rape Foundations One Mile, One Ball program. Seattle Sounders FC is presented by Dellagher Benefits in HR Consulting helping businesses, communities and people face their futures with confidence, and by Provident, Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC. The Sounders FC Postmat Show starts now.
Speaker 2: Well, it's Sounders domination here at Luminfield tonight for one over Saint Louis City SC. For the Seattle Sounders, you get two goals from Christian rolled On, you get a penalty kick goal from Albert rusnak Osase de Rosario with the fourth goal for Seattle in the eighty six minutes. Saint Louis get one back in the ninety second that unfortunately probably shouldn't have been should have just blown the whistle right when the clock hit ninety. But it is a four nothing for one win for the Sounders.
Speaker 3: Let's go down on to the field. Brad Evans with Kilanie Cozerienzi. Thanks Guys Kilani. Fantastic game. That's five shutouts in MLS play overall. You'd like to love to get that one tonight. Talk talk about the game overall and just the defensive prowess of this team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, coming into it, our our goal was to get on top of them, and we talked about it after the last game against Tigres. We need to use that to fuel this game. And we played so well last last time. We came into this stadium a couple of days ago, and so it was the message was we got to get on them quick, put in a couple early goals, and then, like you said, we've been so good defensively, let's just keep doing that. Stick to what we know right now. There's been a lot of injuries all over the place, but I think that everybody we put in our in our back line and our back six has been really gritty, really defensive. So that was a message too, is just let's keep doing what we're good at and what we know.
Speaker 3: So speaking of those injuries, I mean, you have Tino coming in which you wouldn't expected in preseason. You have yourself always fighting for a spot playing fantastic.
Speaker 5: You have Alex and then all of a sudden you have Christian rolled on back.
Speaker 3: There was that something that was talked about this week, a potential of moving Christian back as a center back.
Speaker 6: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: I mean I think that subconsciously some of us are kind of like, all right, well, if something happens, what who gets who gets thrown back there? And I think, yeah, Christian, Christian's one of the first names.
Speaker 5: You throw up there. I think Asani could do that role as well.
Speaker 4: You maybe even slide knew who back there can throw Cody out wide or switch it up a little bit.
Speaker 5: A lot of guys are versatile, so it helps. But yeah, that's not like something we prepared for anything. And then it also made it.
Speaker 4: Easier that we have three zero when Alex was feeling a little bit, so it makes it easier to take it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was fantastic to watch and so fun to see talk about that set piece. Is that something you guys worked on this week? We looked over at Ricardo Clark and all he did was look up top and give two thumbs up after both of those goals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we practiced it a little bit a couple of days ago, and it from the film and everything, it looked like that would be open.
Speaker 5: And then yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean it's pretty straightforward what you think about it.
Speaker 5: Alvert just goes back posts.
Speaker 4: Me and Asani just go forward as far as we can and just pin them and they're trying to backpedal, so that makes it harder. And then Christian he's got a great, great head to knock it in the back of the goal, and when the ball works and the shot works, it all works out.
Speaker 3: Finally, this road trip was really difficult, but you guys did so well.
Speaker 5: How can you translate that to home?
Speaker 3: You've gotten two victories in a row now and you'll have a decent stand heading into the World Cup. How do you continue to build off of this momentum? There's gonna be a lot of circulation, like you said, a couple of guys picking up maybe something tonight, a little something. So what do you expect from the next.
Speaker 4: Homestand yeah, I mean I think we all know that in this stadium, we all are extremely dialed. You look at last year, we had an incredible home record. I think it it speaks the same way the culture in the city is here. When when you're at home, there's there's a lot of energy, the fans, the stadium, now.
Speaker 5: The field too. This is great. Like I think that we.
Speaker 4: Can all use this to kind of motivate ourselves. And we know going away that games are gonna be hard. You're traveling, taking flights, not sleeping your own bed, all these other things, so you know going into those games, Okay, this is gonna be this is this team might be a little bit more comfortable at home, or maybe we like we're in Houston and it's it's much harder there.
Speaker 5: Like there's different factors.
Speaker 4: In a way, we almost have to be a little bit more conservative, whereas when we're at home, we know, like this is our house, we know how we play here, and so I think it opens the opens the door for us to get a little bit more aggressive and.
Speaker 5: Get out there. And and like I said.
Speaker 4: The culture, the atmosphere in here is great and we all look forward to playing this stadium.
Speaker 3: Awesome congratulations tonight and good luck moving forward.
Speaker 5: Thanks Brad.
Speaker 2: Down there on the field with Kilani Cozarienzi with a four to one win today over Saint Louis City, We're going to take a break. We're gonna come back and get into this match. Here in the postgame show, Jackson Feltz and Pete Fewing before we took a.
Speaker 5: Break, we'll cull.
Speaker 2: Everybody know that Sounders FC Soccer is presented by Providence, Swedish official healthcare partner Sounders FC also Sounder fans. Sound Transit would like to remind everyone to obey all signs and signals went around train tracks.
Speaker 5: Light rail trains are quiet and come in both directions, so stay away and play it safe.
Speaker 2: Learn more about safety and security on sound Transit by visiting soundtransit dot org.
Speaker 5: Slash Ride Dash with dash Us Sounders win for to one over Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: Will get all Pwing Pewing's thoughts on the postgame show coming up next to Sports Radio ninety three point three KJRFL.
Speaker 3: Providence and Sounders FC are proud to continue the Community Assist of the Match. The Community Assists of the Match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for justice, equality.
Speaker 5: And community well being.
Speaker 3: Each match, Sounders FC and Providence will proudly recognize one ex exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime feature. To nominate a hero in your community, please visit SOUNDERSFC dot com slash Community Assist for a chance to be recognized as our community assist.
Speaker 5: Of the match. At Columbia Bank, our.
Speaker 3: Business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business. As a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle, our customers trust us to put their needs first. We believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit Columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank member FDIC K.
Speaker 7: Pop Demon Hunters, Hajja Boys, Breakfast Meal and huntres Meal have just dropped at McDonald's. They're calling this a battle for the fans.
Speaker 6: What do you say to that roomy, it's not a battle. So glad the Saja boys could take breakfast and give our meal the rest of the day.
Speaker 5: It is an honor to share now, it's our honor.
Speaker 8: It is a larger no, really, stop, you can really feel.
Speaker 5: The respect in this battle.
Speaker 6: Vick amill to pick aside, but.
Speaker 5: Up participatingmc dolls while supplies last.
Speaker 8: Hey, they're Sounders fans. All of us at Sound Transit love when you take the train to the match, but we want to remind you to use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near tracks. Trains are quieter than you expect, travel in both directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to judge. The amount of time you might save by ducking or going around a crossing gate isn't worth risking your life for, So next time you're buy a track, play it safe.
Speaker 1: That way, we all win a message from Sound Transit.
Speaker 9: Life's better with American Family Insurance because we know you love working weekends if it means working on your dream home, both inside and out, and we're here to help protect those dreams so you can enjoy peace of mind. Save up to forty percent when you bundle home and auto American Family Insurance. Get a quote and find an agent at MFM dot com.
Speaker 10: Products pricing and availability very based on the way you purchasing turns and by state. Some exclusions applying. American Family Mutual Insurance Company a sign once Operating Companies six thousand, American Parkway, Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 7: It's WUFC one ninety World Fighting Championship at Emerald Queen Casino Events Center Saturday night, April twenty fifth. Experienced the thrill and excitement of high energy professional mixed martial arts tickets at Emerald Queen dot Com.
Speaker 8: I got cramp and It'srew Man, Rodney Jering, Jon Not can you eat It?
Speaker 6: Joe but Gunna Micky Groobrin.
Speaker 1: June twenty fifth, Live on stage at Erbold Queen the Events Center. Now back to Seattle Sounders Sucker on Sports Radio ninety three point three kjr FM.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the postgame show. It's a celebratory one from lumin Field. Is the Seattle Sounders a beaten Saint Louis City sc by a score of four to nothing. Your Sounders get two goals from Christian Rodon, a penalty kick goal from Albert Rusnak, and then osase de Rosario scoring. It's actually the first goal by a Sounders forward this season. Pete Osasea de Rosario gets the Sounders fourth in the eighty sixth minute. It's now time for our Emerald Queen Casino Play of the match.
Speaker 5: Pete.
Speaker 2: This is an interesting one because if we're talking about pure goals, the run a play fourth goal for Jesus Ferreira siding the ball right in between a couple of defenders osase, you know, jukes out a couple defenders, gets some space for himself and finds the back of the net there for the Sounder's fourth goal.
Speaker 5: That might be the best pure goal.
Speaker 2: But just for the bit and because it's fun, and because there's parts of this I want to talk about here, we're going to do the Plays of the match, presented by Emerald Queen Casino, the betting capital of the Northwest.
Speaker 5: And that is.
Speaker 2: Because tonight, ladies and gentlemen, we had a little bit.
Speaker 5: Of Truman Show show up at Lumenfield. We had a little glitch in the matrix.
Speaker 2: You saw the same thing happen twice in fifteen minutes. And when I say the same thing happened twice, I truly mean the same exact thing happened twice. I've been watching Sounder soccer, Pete for twenty years. You've been watching Sounder soccer for a long long time. I don't know if I've ever seen the exact and I mean exact exact same play result in goals happening within fifteen minutes of each other. Here's what happened on both plays. It's a corner northwest corner of Emerald Quinn Causino pitch at Lumen Field. Albert Rusnak takes stands over the ball. He's taking an in swinger there from the northwest corner.
Speaker 5: He raises a hand. Here is two hands.
Speaker 2: He sends the ball towards the back post. Christian Roldan is standing at the back post. Both times. Christian Roldan is unmarked. Both times, Christian Roldan puts it into the back of the net. One's with his head, once with his foot, the exact same play twice.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable. Uh, it's it was.
Speaker 2: It was like, you know, if you missed the first one, you got to see it a second time.
Speaker 5: If you missed the second one, well at least you saw the first one. Pete. That was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: The exact same play, the exact same way, the exact same kick, the exact same thing. It's it's the same goal. Sounders led to nothing within thirty seven minutes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, if you're to Matt the head coach of Saint Louis, you'd be pretty frustrated by the second one for sure. And you know it was it was It was a design play, right and you heard Colony talk about it. You know, they set the pick so that Christian would be freed, uh, and.
Speaker 6: He did exactly what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 11: Those are two clinical finishes, one with a head, one with the inside of the right foot. The header headed back down because goal keepers are coming out trying to get big, so that where they're and and they're typically off their feet at that moment they're they're shifting their body from the where the corner is taken to a cross. So Christian does it by head and it's straight back across to the far post. And then on the second one just gets good wood on it with the inside of his right foot and pounds it home. And yes, like a coach is going to have an absolute hard time with it. Think about this is our the game that we love, right because against Tigris we got caught napping, right and that ball goes in the back of the net and that ends our konka keV run unfortunately, and so then we turn around and do it today.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that was terrific, and you know it was fun.
Speaker 11: The penalty kick in the forty sixth minute that Rothrock drew Christian Wildn went straight to Albert Ristik said, you're taking the kick right, And some players would say, let me have the ball right because I want to put it away.
Speaker 6: And Christian's a very competent penalty kick taker.
Speaker 11: But he's the captain, and there's a reason he's a captain, and one is he makes it about the team, right.
Speaker 6: That's not a bit.
Speaker 11: I don't think he's ever had a hat trick here with the Seattle Sounders.
Speaker 6: He almost had one of the first halfs.
Speaker 11: So for him to do that and then for him to up at center back to close the game out and take care of that assignment, Barry.
Speaker 2: Pres this is this is perfect, Pete, because I wanted to have this discussion of the Toyota Man of the Match tonight and your local Toyota doers are pried to present.
Speaker 5: Tonight's man of the match.
Speaker 2: I'd like to nominate Christian Rodan for all the reasons you just gave, because he was about the team handing the ball off. Now, Albert, you get this goal and he then had to slide back to center back. You heard Colonie talk about it. That wasn't a plan discussed at all during the training week. It was just a alex is feeling it. Late in the game, we're up three to nothing. Christian can can you can?
Speaker 5: You mean?
Speaker 2: He does everything like there's nothing that Christian Rodan can't do, and he shows it again by playing I want it, Christian roldand to be the man of the match.
Speaker 5: Do you have another thought?
Speaker 6: I don't. He's the one for sure. Absolutely.
Speaker 11: I think that is one of the easiest selections we've ever had.
Speaker 6: To make, honestly.
Speaker 11: But yeah, when you know and this is one where again he's your captain, and he's your experienced player, and he's a national team pool that we think he's got a great chance of being on that World Cup squad. But Brian Schmitzer, you know, these Christians maybe ten yards onto the field and you can see the exchange.
Speaker 6: Brian's like, can you go center back?
Speaker 11: Yeah, no problem, and he knows now it shifts. But as you if you watched the game throughout, Christian was back defending right, doing his part because Colony would get him Solf forward, so Christian would cover for him. He was back near our box quite a bit. But then as a center back he knows that it's all you're doing is moving the ball, shifting players, picking things off and helping keep possession of the ball. And he did a fantastic job on that one. So yeah, I love it. I love that he can handle that assignment without any glitch.
Speaker 2: And speaking of assignments without any glitches, right, the flexibility of this team Peam. We play that game against T Grace on Wednesday, score three goals, score four goals tonight, seven goals in two games.
Speaker 5: That ain't bad.
Speaker 2: On this grass field at Limenfield, which was great, by the way, it looks great.
Speaker 5: It played great.
Speaker 2: Awesome to have grass at Loominfield before the World Cup. And with that game Wednesday, Cleuly Brian Schenzer had to make some rotations. Masani Dotson sides in next to Christian and Sneyder Brunell goes up on the right wing. You have a little rotation there with Alberts who came off the field, by the way, due to a little injury.
Speaker 5: Hopefully he's okay.
Speaker 2: Hayesus gets rotated out, Paul Ariola has to come in.
Speaker 5: And play the left wing.
Speaker 2: You have all these rotations, Pete, and I think, I mean, yes, Saint Louis aren't world beaters or anything, but it's great to see that you can rotate and still absolutely dominate a team.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's just impressive to me that they don't The rhythm of when we have our starting eleven looked exactly the same today. It took a little bit of time, which is understandable, but it wouldn't be surprising if we.
Speaker 6: Never got the rhythm in the game, at.
Speaker 11: Least in the first half, because there's so many different pieces moving. Three of our four defenders, Alex Roldan moved into the middle. He's typically one of the four, right, but you got Lopez who did a terrific job. Bruce Rioch was a sounder, tremendous sounder player captain of Scotland Darby County, had a great career.
Speaker 6: He was a center back.
Speaker 11: He was a hard man and he would have a great game and touch the ball six times because he organized everybody in front of him right.
Speaker 6: It wasn't about him being on.
Speaker 11: The ball, it was about him making sure that everybody in front of him was doing what they were supposed to do. And so Lopez didn't touch the ball in the first fifteen minutes. Maybe two times right, which that means is in the right spot. That means things are being taken care of in front of him. So I thought the fact that the team was so cohesive, and it did take about ten fifteen minutes, but they looked they never looked out of sorts, they never looked disorganized defensively, and then on the offensive side, it just took a little bit to get going. But yeah, I thought it was I think of the locker room a lot after games. It's a very happy locker room. Except they didn't want to give up that goal. Andrew Thomas was sick about that. Players were sick about it because they would like to get a sixth shutout in seven MLS games.
Speaker 2: Well, it's now three goals conceded in seven games total. That's one off the MLS lead that LAFC and San Jose have with two goals conceded. So we had that they should have blown the whistle at ninety. I'm really mad at the recipe, very very bitter that they added six minutes. You had something funny when I mentioned that before the postgame show.
Speaker 11: Well, I think they took some of the time that they should have put on the clock for Tigris. I think they were saying, hey, you know the Tigers game, we shorted them, so we're gonna add it to this one.
Speaker 6: I think we got jipped.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they just added the Wednesday game.
Speaker 6: X stop it again.
Speaker 2: They should have that should have been twelve and this should have been zero. But it is what it is, and unfortunately it is a goal conceded and no clean sheet.
Speaker 5: But it is a four to one win for the Sounders.
Speaker 2: Well, Delta Airlines is probably through one soccer ball for every mile ran by Sounders.
Speaker 5: I see players this.
Speaker 2: Season through rape Foundations one mile one ball program. Also, Pete, you know tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping and I'm gonna need some lunch when I got grocery shopping, And that's where these promos and the fact that we have a game on Saturday night.
Speaker 5: And it just sets up perfectly for Sunday. You know where I'm going with this.
Speaker 2: Every Sounder post game show, you guys have heard me before, you know exactly where I'm going with this. The Sounders have one's at a beat, and you me, everybody gets to win tomorrow.
Speaker 5: You just need to download the McDonald's app and.
Speaker 2: Redeem your free McChicken tomorrow with any purchase of two dollars or more at your locally owned and operated McDonald's restaurant. Download the McDonald's AP today. Check out the deals waiting for you. You know how it goes. You spend two bucks, you get the free McChicken, You get the mcflurry, You get the McChicken for free. You get some buffalo sauce on it. You have the suite, you have the spicy It's the best combination. That's what I'm doing for lunch tomorrow there with the McDonald's app. We'll get a break here on the post game show. We'll come back and talk about what's next for the Sounders. No midweek match, they have a full week to rest to get ready for Dallas.
Speaker 5: We'll tell you about it next.
Speaker 2: Sports Radio ninety three point three KJRFM.
Speaker 9: Life's better with American Family Insurance because we know you love working weekends if it means working on your dream home, both inside and out, and we're here to help protect those dreams so you can enjoy peace of mind. Save up to forty percent when you bundle home and auto American Family Insurance. Get a quote and find an agent at AMFAM dot com.
Speaker 10: Products pricing and availability very based on the way your purchase insurance and by state. Some exclusion apply. American Family Mutual Insurance Company, Science Operating Companies six thousand, American Parkway, Madison, Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: At Columbia Bank, our business is about rooting for yours. Our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small business. As a top ranked SBA lender in Seattle, our customers trust us to put their needs first. We believe that when small businesses grow, our communities thrive. Columbia Bank is the official banking partner of Sounders FC. Visit Columbiabank dot com to learn more. Columbia Bank member FD see.
Speaker 8: Hey, they're Sounders fans. All of us at sound Transit love when you take the train to the match, but we want to remind you to use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near tracks. Trains are quieter than you expect. Travel in both directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to judge. The amount of time you might say by ducking or going around a crossing gate isn't worth risking your life for so next time you're buy a track, play it safe.
Speaker 5: That way, we all win.
Speaker 12: A message from sound Transit.
Speaker 3: Providence and Sounders FC are proud to continue the Community Assist of the Match. The Community Assists of the Match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for justice, equality.
Speaker 12: And community well being.
Speaker 3: Each match, Sounders FC and Providence will proudly recognize one exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime feature. To nominate a hero in your community, please visit soundersfc dot com slash Community Assist for a chance to be recognized as our Community Assist of the Match.
Speaker 12: Some people think passion is just emotion. At Discount Hire, we know better. Real passion is what drives us to show up for family, for community, for the people counting on us. It's the pride we take in the work that matters. Because when you're united by something bigger than yourself, every moment becomes legendary. At Discount Hire, we're united by passion.
Speaker 5: Just like you.
Speaker 3: Sounders FC is proud to partner with Regent's Blue Shield, a health plan that's been helping keep Washington healthy for over one hundred years and now two proud organizations are coming together, uniting under a shared mission. Both Sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield believe that play is not a privilege. We will work hand in hand, leveraging the power of soccer to make a positive impact on children's lives. Sounders FC and Regent's Blue Shield champions on the pitch and in the community.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Luminfield, Welcome back to the postgame show. Seattle Sounders with a four to one win tonight over Saint Louis, and now we look ahead at what's next for Seattle. It is going to be the Sounders hosting FC Dallas next Saturday. Right here, Emerald Queen Casino Pitch at Lumenfield April twenty fifth. We will have a seven o'clock provident Swedish premat show seven thirty kickoff right here. Sports Radio ninety three point three kJ RFM next Saturday night. Plus you can watch the match on Apple TV and listen in Spanish language on l Ray thirteen sixty And Pete, you know, we hope Albert Rusnak is okay. He obviously came off the field there. I hope it was just a precautionary with a three to nothing lead at that point, but a full week for this team to get healthy, get rested for.
Speaker 5: The first time in a while.
Speaker 2: They've obviously had Wednesday matches in Conker CAF and then also I would say utilize being at home and on this grass. The grass played great and four of the next five matches are here at Lumenfield.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is terrific.
Speaker 11: You know, We've had seasons with the Seattle Sounders where at the end of the year they've had a very, very good year. But there's been some seasons where the team hasn't started well. I remember being at training, you were there, Brian Schwutcher saying, have you ever coached a team that's been one, nine and one? You know what Brian was Brian looks and says, I could lose my job if we don't get this right, you know. And then they turn it around and they go on a pretty good run through the rest of the league and get into the MLS playoffs to start the season the way they did with as many wins as they did, and boy, the West is tough, the Western Conference. Yeah, between San Jose, San Diego, Vancouver, LAFC, it's a it's a pretty tight group.
Speaker 6: At the top.
Speaker 11: But now to get four games out of five at home, that means there's just there's obviously little travel.
Speaker 6: With the one game.
Speaker 11: I think it's to La, right, that's where they're gonna go play, so they're.
Speaker 2: Not Kansas City's in this middle stretch, and then we finish before the World Cup break in La.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so it's they should This could be a great opportunity, and the team players and the coaches take things in segments, so they'll take this next five games and say let's run the table.
Speaker 5: Well, the offense looks good.
Speaker 2: Seven goals in the last two games for tonight against Saint Louis.
Speaker 5: The defense looks good.
Speaker 2: Three goals conceded in seven matches in MLS play. We hope to see it continue next Saturday against Dallas against seven thirty. Kickoff right here Emerald Green Casino Pitch at Loominfield and right here on Sports Radio ninety three point three KJRFM. Want to thank everybody with tonight's broadcast. Our broadcast producers Keeley Dunning and Jordan Thompson, our technical operator here on site, Terry Ryan are poor out back in the studio, the wonderful Chris Kid Danny Jackson, Pete Fewing, Brad Evans called a fantastic game tonight. My name is Jackson Feltz and we thank you so much for listening. Reminder Sounders Weekly coming up at seven pm on Wednesday night here on KJR, so stay tuned for that for more Sounders content, But we thank you for listening.
Speaker 5: Sounders.
Speaker 2: With a four to one win tonight over Saint Louis City, have a wonderful rest of your weekend everybody, and Fox Sports Radio is coming up next.
Speaker 12: Some people think passion is just emotion at Discount Tire. We know better. Real passion is what drives us to show up for family, for community,