Speaker 1: One night, one Stage one epic band, My Chemical Oral Mance at target Field, August twenty fourth grader, Your tickets before they're gone, all the details of KFA, that DURT calendar, This is fan Outdoors.
Speaker 2: Should I invite Tackle Terry Tooming to be in the initials? Invitation all this summer? Yeah, if you haven't already, I don't know why you haven't. If he walked in right now, how many of us could could name him? Like, if you know what I'm saying, like, if you walked in right now, would be like, oh my god, Tackle Terry Tuma. I have no idea what he looks for is any abbot's cousin, don't know, never seen a picture of him. I don't think I've ever met him.
Speaker 3: I just walked in.
Speaker 2: You never know, kid, No, I love the name. Yeah, I just you know Captain Billy. Yeah, I think I know what Captain Billy looks like. But I have seen a picture of him or seen him in person in probably almost twenty years. Do you know Dan Burrow barely? I used to cross paths with him when Lake and I were walking out and he was or vice versa. I was walking in, he was walking out.
Speaker 4: You know, triplet because he's got a bunch of dime pieces with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah times, Yeah, Yeah, he's ice.
Speaker 5: Style trophy fish. He's ice style.
Speaker 2: Boots. Yes.
Speaker 6: I think for the longest time I thought he was a fictional character that you guys just made up.
Speaker 2: Tackle Terry Tuma guy's a legend.
Speaker 5: Yes, he's born in nineteen forty two in Northfield, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Of course he was. He's one of the great Minnesota athletes of all time. Obviously, it's like Dave Winfield, Lindsay Whalen, Joe Mauer, tackle Terry too.
Speaker 3: They retired his number. And he's a fisherman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for him. He is in the Minnesota Fisherman's Hall of Fame. Yeah, he started it.
Speaker 3: Who else is gonna be in?
Speaker 2: The list? Ends with him? His own wing. Did you say, Jock Jones.
Speaker 3: What's wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What's wrong with Jock Jones? I don't know. He just in the Fishing Hall of Fame?
Speaker 3: And I said, who else would be in there? Jock Jones was making.
Speaker 2: A point, Mick Jones, boock job, you do railing now me? Yeah, we had something going there with tackle Terry. Well, it's a momentum.
Speaker 5: You can go to the Fishing Museum. It's just ten dollars for the house.
Speaker 2: How about that? Hey, so where is his fishing museum? Little Falls? It's so it's the Minnesota Hall of Fame. Yeah, Fishing Museum and Hall of Fame. Yeah, man, I love little fat final list.
Speaker 6: How does one make the fish the Minnesota Fishing Hall of Fame?
Speaker 2: You catch fish, bitch, you know you make the rain on the Let's see he was in the Minnesota Fishing Hall of Fame. Okay, uh, Don Perch, Come on.
Speaker 5: John Perch a dp in there? He You are a ch don pershed persh.
Speaker 2: But you pronounce it like the fish, and that threw us off.
Speaker 5: Th John Feelin any relation the same or no, No, it's spelled differently. Jimmy bell A bias, Yeah, Frank Muski, Sam Crappie, h Scott Bonama? What are you reading?
Speaker 2: Bonamassa?
Speaker 3: What are you reading?
Speaker 2: He's a t I.
Speaker 5: Corey asked Nancy Coop. Oh, Rosie the little lady.
Speaker 2: In the.
Speaker 5: Zend Zenko man is Straw.
Speaker 2: I should be in the listening to meat sauce red Hall of Fame because I had to put up with it for twenty Is that.
Speaker 5: A bating tackle is in the Fishing Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: It's a guy's name. No, they're just in. It's the best way. It's you're not looking at a sponsor.
Speaker 5: No, it said they got in in the inducted in twenty twenty four. Hank Herbert, he's in? What about Chris Jeff Rush get faster than me? Francisco, Tom Carlson, Francisco Hell Barrett.
Speaker 3: Why are you reading names?
Speaker 2: Who? He asked me to I wanted to know who was in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 7: It says here Terry Tuman was inducted in twenty seventeen, almost unanimous.
Speaker 2: One. Oh God sakes, Lavelle. The guy deserves to get in. Man, he just will not vote for anybody. So but aym, what about the rest of the guys from Fanauthors? Is Captain Billy Hildebrand a hunter first fisher? Second? Like? Is he not in the Fishing Hall of Fame?
Speaker 5: Mark Strand is? He looks like Joey Gladstone but with a mustache.
Speaker 3: That's a great description. Who the hell is Joey Gladstone?
Speaker 5: Mark Fisher? Is Terry Tuma? Yeah, there is, it's Mark Fisher.
Speaker 7: That's page five of ten by the way, Yeah, it took me a while.
Speaker 5: Print media has also been a staple Tuma's program. For past twenty five years, he has been a part of Outdoor News. He published a weekly tip. It's also been featured in many major publications, including in Fishermen and North American Fisherman.
Speaker 2: Does it not reference Fan out Doors that he's been a staple on the radio for He was the that's right here.
Speaker 3: He was the editor of Hustler magazine, cross.
Speaker 5: Over fortylates including Outdoor News and Fan Outdoors. Yes, he also write, says big Bolt letters.
Speaker 2: He wrote for Hustler this wheelchair on the boat. You're thinking of somebody else? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, another guy, Larry Flynn. Flynt that guy Larry Flynn as well. He's a fisher guy. But yeah he's in the Fishing Hall of Fame. Good for tackle, deserve it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Man, Hall of Fames would be cool to be in.
Speaker 2: You guys will be in one day? You should for what this show? Well, then by definition wouldn't you be in as well? No, they wouldn't they? You two show? You think they're going to induct the powers for morning show as a show and just pick the two of us yes, but they wouldn't put you in as well. They shouldn't put me in.
Speaker 5: It should just be the two of you, Like, why would you say that, because it's a.
Speaker 2: Group project in these two. I'm lucky enough that these know that the Hall of Fame wouldn't know that, they wouldn't know that we do all the work and you do not. You were like the City Pages like us. Immediately they knew it was over. They knew it was over.
Speaker 7: Why they exclude you because they don't want to They don't want it or die.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And the words of Jeremy Colhane as Tucker Carlson, I believe City Pages the guy who ran it or the gal who ran it. The second he was named sports talk show host of the year, I think somebody said, what are we doing yea year and they said that we just named him best sports talk radio host. And they said, what are you doing? That guy? Shut it down? That guy can't even pay attention when they're talking. Shut it down. Yeah, they closed up. Shot they did they get all the people that worked at City Pages for decades. Yeah, and good people. Yeah, and uh, that was the official end of journalism. That was the end. It was over. It's like your guy on SmartLess Sean Yeah, Sewn Hayes. Yeah was he was named that. It was a couple of years ago, this last year's podcast something or other Best.
Speaker 6: Interviewers podcast Host or something like that. I mean nothing, like there's no way, like you don't you don't listen to the podcast then to give him the award.
Speaker 2: But they gave it to Sauce. He got a nice little gift basket. I didn't get I don't think I did well, maybe because they shut down before they handed out the baskets like commons wanted multiple times and he got like a huge gift bas No, that's okay. I didn't win it. No idea why I want the size of the gift basket that matters. I don't know why I won it. This should be I am honored, but like it, I mean they aren't because they were now gone alonger in existence. Yeah, because you killed them. Yeah, there you go, you killed it.
Speaker 3: Hustler gave me a Reader of the Year award.
Speaker 5: Your dad loved Hustler.
Speaker 2: Oh that was too tame. I was Hustler too tape for his dad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your dad a Jugs magazine was beyond Hustler.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I mean we all know that there's levels. It was like Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler. Was there a fourth level?
Speaker 2: Penhouse and Hustler win the same category? Yeah, because Playboy was the was the like you're just a normal guy. Anything beyond that was like, Oh, this guy's hustler. Dad in every neighborhood was We've talked about this so many times. When you realize that one of your buddy's dad was like a like a fringe magazine guy, You're like, oh, man, so and so was dad's into some weird stuff but also like magazine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, guys think last year that uh magazines, please all the ones that are you know.
Speaker 2: Not suck.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hustlers showed everything.
Speaker 2: Was there?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 6: Was there a fourth one? And I and I disagree. I think I think Hustler was worse than Penhals, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Definitely was.
Speaker 2: I would agree those were the big three though of the yes, right, like, those are the ones that everybody could name if everything else after that, I was pretty pretty niche. I think those are the big ones, No pun intended. Wasn't there one called Cherry? Yeah? Sure, soft Launch? Was there another one wasn't I don't know, because to be honest, none of my friend's dad's had that one. Yeah, but wasn't there one called Cherry?
Speaker 3: There certainly was.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I was looking at Corey. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know there was, Yeah, there were, there was some that were bothered. I'm sure sure.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna name names because who knows if they're show listening. But one of my friend's dads had had his entire collection in his downstairs basement right like the basement, the basement bathroom, I should say basement bathroom. And let's just say he had about forty magazines in like the drawer right next to the toilet, which is also weird. It's like anybody could accidentally open that up looking for extra toilet paper. It wasn't hidden yet well at all. It looked like a pile of it looked like the pile of money that the Joker burns in Dark Knight, right like it was stacked again, no pun intended, but let's just say thirty forty magazines, not even close to a playboy, right like, he wasn't mess no playboy anywhere near that man's one was called choke Hold. I mean, yeah, so that was that was an introduction of geez, what is what's going on here?
Speaker 5: When did Dwight Hockey move into the neighbor?
Speaker 2: Right? That was aggressive?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were some aggressive ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a.
Speaker 3: Beaver hunt your dad definitely game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what they wanted you to think. That's a terrible name. Do I had the special code?
Speaker 5: How did your dad have that magazine?
Speaker 3: Maybe there was a terrible name. There was a screw.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible name. Swang that's a terrible name.
Speaker 3: On our backs.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible name at all these Asian fever. That's a terrible name. I actually I really am. But again, you go back, go back, let's just say mid nineties, right, mid nineteen nineties. If you want to, you go to you go to Playboy, and it was like, here's a quote tasteful photo shoot of a eighties celebrity that still wants to stay in the public light. So oh, we got some eighties pop star to do a tasteful milk like the lady and then she's thinking of either Delta Burger, Della Reese that but like so you'd be like, oh, Tiffany remember Tiffany from a Oh think we're alone now, like, oh Tiffany did a tasteful nude. Then you go to one of like my buddies Dad's magazine and it's like, oh Tiffany from the VFW just let it all go, Like it just didn't matter, Like there was there was no we're even remote celebrity in the other It was just that was just it was lot lissards. It was everything. It was you pull over at a rest stop and go, hey, do you want to do a quick photo shoot. We need thirty pages for Cherry magazine that Dwight.
Speaker 5: Hockey wants his current edition of Cherry.
Speaker 3: Man, you look hungret, would you like twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: And the front cover of Swank? Yeah? Yeah, man?
Speaker 6: J didlay did Playboy invent the idea of a centerfold?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: That was the It has never been done before, right, young kids even know what that means. I mean, I think that he really uses the word centerfold anymore.
Speaker 2: Though, no, No times are different, man, being a centerfold was a huge deal, a huge deal.
Speaker 3: There was Gallery, a monthly adult publication featuring pictorials and investigative journalism. There was Genesis, known for featuring high quality photography and amateur pictorials. There was swank Along running magazine featuring various erotic niches in pictorials.
Speaker 2: Back to you just said, you just said your dad had Do you think Dwight was into art sy nudes? Are you nuts? He was in the full frontal light. Yeah, yeah, he wanted to he wanted did he Do you think he cared about the lighting? No, it was come on, man.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a science teacher, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Dwight wants to have to guess if it's an autopsy twighty Yeah, God, Dwight sweat. I think Dwight wants to say, all right, which end am I looking at here? That's how graphic he wants it to be. Is this Asian fever? And pictures from a little bit anyhow? Yeah? This is man. This is old man yelling at the clouds. But the kids just don't understand. They have round the clock access and I can't imagine what that does to your brain when it's just like it's just there, Yeah, twenty four hours a day, let's see what's going on here? Well, okay, but man, back in the day, it was truly the you know, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. It was. If you got a peek, it was unbelievas like what yeah, correct, Especially again as a kid, that was like, this is what we're gonna grief to get to grow up and experience. This is what happens later. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You guys remember as a teenager going to the news stand at the gas station or something and you're like, no, just look at the Field and Stream over here wrote a great Yeah, yeah, Triple T wrote a great article here, and then you're just like trying to see through, trying.
Speaker 2: To act like you're not looking for the black top shelf.
Speaker 6: You got the black cover and the black plastic on. You're trying to see through for whatever. They're not putting anything sallacious on the front cover, but you like just trying.
Speaker 2: To look through it.
Speaker 7: By the way, Field and Stream Dwight also had that one. Yeah, you loved that one.
Speaker 2: Had a blackout cover too, and this has been the moves, thank you.
Speaker 5: Very much.
Speaker 2: Brilliant. Blackout cover was also one of how do we get the Saints to have Newdy magazine day like Billy Madison? Yeah, man, times were different, Yeah they were. I would argue that was better innocent, I think so, I truly do you know, in a super strange way, I think it was better for dudes as well, I really do. Yeah, I think it's I think it's way more destructive the way that they have it now tomorrow super kids, that their brains are still developing. I can't imagine that level of exposure round the clock, Like that's that. I don't know. Now it's feeling too real, But it just feels destructive.
Speaker 3: Remember when it was like crazy cool to get a like a little Debbie snack cake? Right now you get them all the time for free. Why do you want them anymore? Yea, I still want them?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well do I like a little bit more? Here's death loved large, big old Debbie.
Speaker 3: Large and lusty Debbie.
Speaker 2: You need he?
Speaker 6: I think little Debbie was just her height. I don't think it was her bust size.
Speaker 3: She was small hands.
Speaker 2: By the way, exhibit A like, can you imagine twelve year old Chris with a cell phone? Oh my god, he'd be blind, he wouldn't, he'd never come out of a house. No, yeah, but for completely different reasons. His right arm would be jacked. He would slowly turn from Smiegel to Gollum, and the iPhone would be his precious you. You would be a disaster.
Speaker 3: Every one of you would have seen my penis by.
Speaker 8: My god, oh everyone everyone, Yeah, I honestly think you would have had completely gone cross eye like fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The internet, little Debbie that runs the Instagram account, I've seen some stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and stop messagingone.
Speaker 3: Saints you back in action tomorrow seven to seven down a cchs feel. Get your tickets at Saints Baseball dot com, and don't forget this coming is Sunday, the twenty first. Is Father's Day. That's Sunday, right, Yes, yes, it is the twenty first, that's right, and it's uh you want to have a catch ticket package going on now?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: With Raykinseller coming into town, that'll be great field of dreams Johnkinsill, I should say, coming in from the movie and you have a catch on the field. That sounds good. A Father's Day, Saints Baseball, Saints Baseball dot Com, Great.
Speaker 2: Time, Saws and sports. After this on the fans, it's Chris Hockey, the fits Fox to Wenby.
Speaker 4: Wenby tries to three puts it up all the mark I don't order to rebound.
Speaker 2: That's over. That's over, Nick fans, this is not a dream. You're a loon. Long weight is ended.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and cry after fifty three years the next So finally NBA champions books again.
Speaker 3: There you go. Basketball is finally over.
Speaker 2: It definitely is. Congrats with the New York Knicks. Yeah, Vanaheim, it's time for They were dogs five on the Power Trip. They were dogs to start the series. The Spurs are the favorites. And then they just won four out of five against the Spurs. No big deal. What did they lose three games total?
Speaker 5: Yeah, two of the Hawks and then in one of the Spurs, one of the Spurs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 5: As Hawk mentioned, they are your champs after beating the Spurs ninety four to ninety in Game five.
Speaker 2: How do they lose two to the Hawks. Let's go back and right you know what I'm saying. Geez, the Hawks got them talk.
Speaker 4: And they looked terrible against the Hawks, Like when they were down to one, it looked like.
Speaker 2: It was over.
Speaker 3: They were down two to one.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure they were down yeah yah, and then they were thirteen straight.
Speaker 2: Right now, the Spurs beat him.
Speaker 5: The last time they lost before the one against the Spurs was NFL Draft Night one.
Speaker 2: That's how long the playoffs are. Hawk.
Speaker 5: Trust me, Jalen Brunson was your series MVP and for you Hawk, because I know your NBA fix is needed. The NBA Draft is one week from tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I know that, honey.
Speaker 5: The Washington Wizards have the number one pick. Yeah, they're bonds.
Speaker 4: They might be the one of the worst franchises in all of sports throughout my life, like any of the major sports, the Washington Wizards are definitely up there as one of the worst.
Speaker 6: I'm not kidding. I didn't know that they're still a team. I thought they had moved or something.
Speaker 2: They've been irrelevant for years and years and years.
Speaker 5: The Wolves pick twenty eighth Hawks, so you're gonna have to wait a long time on draft night.
Speaker 3: Are we going to be doing like a broadcast and breaking it down stuff?
Speaker 2: Are you going to be live?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I will be on my stream.
Speaker 2: Pick all right, Sauce poker face. If we give Sauce sixty seconds. I want to see if anybody thinks he can do this. The last eight NBA champs have been eight different teams. We have not had his same team win in the last eight years. Can he name all eight without making a mistake? And can he do it in under sixty seconds? No chance without making a mistake? Yeah? No, wrong? Yes? Is all eight champs? The last eight without making a mistake? Ben Yes? Or no? No, there's no way you can't do it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Really, okay, Chris is no Max.
Speaker 4: I would say if you gave him some wiggle room, but I actually I am going to say yes because they kept putting this graphic up on Sports Center a lot. And I know my dog, Saucy like Sports Center, So I'm going to say, yach yes or no?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, no, alright, so Sauce sleep, Sauce. You have sixty seconds. Okay, this match game music is a minute in fifteen, so we're going to count down in ten seconds. You will have sixty seconds. You got to name all eight previous NBA champs they have not repeated in eight years. Eight individual teams you ready? Yeah? Three? Two? One go New York?
Speaker 5: Sure, the Toronto Raptors, Sure, Golden State. I would assume one somewhere. That's three, The Celtics YEP, four, the Oklahoma City YEP five. Three to go, Well, the Lakers won in twenty twenty. Sure two left, um.
Speaker 2: You have thirty two seconds you're missing two. Thanks. I can get a lot done in thirty two seconds. Let's see your Milwaukee, Milwaukee in twenty twenty one. One to go in twenty two seconds, go Doug fifteen seconds the heat twenty twenty three. The Denver Nuggets. Oh yeah, Denver. I should have thought of that. Yeah. The last eight in reverse order, the Knicks, Thunder, Celtics, Nuggets, Warriors, Bucks, Lakers, and Raptors. So eight different teams in the last eight years. That's awesome.
Speaker 4: That is really good, especially before that it was just the Lawyers and the Cavaliers for like half a decade.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Correct, Wilson, I can't tell yeah, just tell me. There's a chance for the Wolves, right, absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I think they can win it. They just got to make some moves. They got to get rid of Randall, they need a point guard and uh maybe honest who.
Speaker 2: Knows, Dante was probably so fat over the week. Yeah, yeah, the only one, the only one of the noble the kids. Yeah, very sad.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Let's see here.
Speaker 5: The Carolina Hurricanes are your Stanley Cup champs after they beat the Golden Knights last night three nothing to win the series four to two. Rob Brenda Moore and Carolina is the fourth person to captain and coach the same team to a Stanley Cup win.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 5: Jordan Stall, the captain of your Hurricanes won the consmke he's the oldest.
Speaker 2: Winner of that record. Zacho, Yeah, congrats.
Speaker 7: Is the Minnesotans on the roster a fellow Minnetaka skipper there Sauce Candred Miller, Jackson Blake out of Eden Prairie as well won and Mikey Riley of course former Gopher Hurricanes went sixteen and three as well along with the Knicks. So two really just powerhouse Playhoff runs in the NBA and NHL and Kaines just took control of that series. After kind of messing around a bit after the first four games, they came back and they just just suffocated the Golden Knights. There's no room at all to work with for Vegas last night and a well earned Stanley Cup. Jackson Blake just phenomenal. And of course, can't forget Bussy coming in what.
Speaker 5: We gotta dump that magazine Hawks.
Speaker 3: I've tried to forget it, but I can't quit.
Speaker 2: Talked your MIC's off. What was the size of that bussy?
Speaker 7: Would you say, okay, oh blay, Yeah, he came in and uh and and helped helped seal the deal there. But uh, the first person who got the cup after the captain their Stall.
Speaker 2: Who did he hand it off to? Who did he hand it off to?
Speaker 3: I could be wrong, and you correct me if I'm wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 3: I believe it was the boozy.
Speaker 2: French cousin your mi. I forgot about that game. Yeah, you mentioned. Jordan Stall is the oldest everyone the cons Mike, He's thirty seven years old. He also set a different record longest gap between Stanley Cup titles, gaps and boosies and everything. How many years was it since he won his first Cup? It is the now longest gap in NHL history from one Cup to another, twenty three years years nineteen, Zach. Do you know this? Yeah, go for it twenty You do not know this? Uh? He won a Cup with Pittsburgh in two thousand and nine. So the seventeen year gap is the largest in NHL history. The previous was sixteen years by Chris Chellios. Wow man, Jordan Staal, good deal, pretty cool an old family. Yeah, that's a record. A million goals? Yeah, good for finals goals. Yeah he was. He was really good.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So that is the second cup in team history in the first and twenty years. That should be your squad, Sauce. They really shouldn't because they're the old Whalers. Yes, the Whalers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, it should be my squad, but that would mean I'd have to pay attention to the sport of hockey.
Speaker 2: Hartford. The Whale may beat what is it New York? Maybe New York, maybe once twice in a lifetime. Great bid. Anybody else know that movie besides me and Sauce. Wallrats nailed. See I knew I liked you. I knew the whale.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Corey provis The Twins beat the Cardinals yesterday five for they won that series. Your Twins are thirty three and forty. They battled Texas tonight at seven o five.
Speaker 2: Let's go. We'll do vikings us when we come back. We got sad news in the NFL over the weekend. We can ask Ben about that and more than this is the power of trip Morning. Joe on the Fan from the one eight hundred.
Speaker 9: All right, welcome back here.
Speaker 3: We are Ben Lebers in here and a cast of thousands on a Monday, and it's perfectcause it is time for It's time for.
Speaker 2: Cory.
Speaker 3: You had your top story there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do the sad news man. This came out of nowhere. And I think literally if you read the story, even for friends people that were with him, it came out of nowhere. So former forty nine er Alden Smith died over the weekend, thirty six years old. Had reportedly just finished donating a bunch of food. He was donating pizza to, like a homeless shelter or homeless people. His friend and him drive to a house. The friend runs in the house, so isn't in the house for more than a handful of minutes. He comes back out and Smith is slumped in the car, unresponsive, and he's dead. Yep. So I'm sure they're gonna have to look into exactly what happened. But maybe some kind of a heart attack Andrews, I have no idea, but just was fine a couple of minutes previous and then gone within a couple of minutes. So that's just ridiculously terrible. Came out of absolutely nowhere. And again, according to ProFootball talk dot com, his last act was donating food to homeless people. Yeah, it's crazy. So thirty six years old, seventh overall pick in twenty eleven, had fourteen sacks as a rookie, and then in his second season with the Niners, nineteen and a half sacks, which is a nine Ers record. Then he had a bunch of dui arrests and marijuana arrests, which, of course that feels outdated, but still a bunch of DUIs where he got suspended I think for like multiple seasons because he couldn't stay out of trouble. Fifty two and a half career sacks, but got off to one of the best starts in NFL history. His first couple of years were dominant, and he looked like he was going to be a force for fifteen years and then just couldn't stay out of trouble. Yeah, it's super sad.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you are interested, there is a very detailed letter or you know, memo written by the guy that he was with, I don't know, I don't remember it was his his actual agent or just like a slash best friend, but he was the one that was helping him donate all these pizzas and stuff to these homeless people. And yeah, they did say that he felt he looked and was acting a little off during the day, I believe, and one one person even said like, are you okay, like when he was at one particular stop to donate stuff, and he played it off like yeah, I'm good, I'm good. And then like you said, they stopped to go in the house or the guy goes in the house and Alden stays in the car and he comes back and he's unresponsive, and basically, you know, I think they tried CPR and they tried to revive him, but he was gone. So either stroke, aneurism, heart attacks, something, you know, something very serious.
Speaker 2: Obviously happened in those moments that he was in the house.
Speaker 6: So it's a super sad.
Speaker 3: And other actual Vikings news to change his subject a little bit, Brian Flores won the George Hallis Award the Football The Pro Football Writers of America announced Vikings defensive coordinator Brian Flores as the twenty twenty six George Hallas Award winner. Flora's the fifty eighth Hallas Award winner, was the first member of the Vikings franchise to receive the honor from the Pro Football Writers Association. The other twenty twenty six, finalists for the award were Aiden Hutchinson and Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: So what is this award? For got it?
Speaker 3: The House Award is given to an NFL player, coach, or staff member who overcomes the most adversity to succeed. The award is named after George Hollis, obviously one of three I should say. The House Award is one of the two oldest awards presented by the Pro Football Writers Association. And we all know Brian's story, but here's a quick synopsis. After three seasons as the head coach of the Dolphins, Flora was fired in twenty twenty one. He fired a class action lawsuit against the NFL and three teams alleging racial discrimination. In the midst of the lawsuit, he was hired by Pittsburgh as a senior defensive assistant linebackers coach in twenty twenty two. Flores has spent the last three seasons with the Minnesota Vikings defensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 3: He won that award from the Pro Football Writers Association. And here he is he being uh, Brian Forlore is talking about winning that award.
Speaker 10: Anytime there's an award that has George hallis on it, you know, knowing the I know there are rivals, but you know, knowing the history you know, and what they've been to the league, it's it's you know, it's an honor. To be recognized is always an honor, but also allows me to give you know, some other people some recognition because I don't know one gets anywhere in football the ultimate team sport are on their own. So you know, Ko has always been tremendous. You know, the Wilfs have always been tremendous, and it starts there with them and their support of this entire team. And you know, it's an honor that can be recognized that way. But certainly didn't you know, get there myself, and you know, very fortunate to be and this, you know, with this great organization.
Speaker 2: Interesting huh, that is interesting. I mean it's I mean, congratulations to him.
Speaker 6: It's fascinating that you would lump his situation and what I gather as the lawsuit that he filed against the NFL as the thing that he had to overcome, which I don't know, I mean, I see, I suppose to look at your look at any of your other professions out there and you any other jobs and if you're sitting there right now listening to this, and it's like, well, if you're suing.
Speaker 2: Your boss and then you have a very.
Speaker 6: A very public lawsuit and then you're still able to rise above that and become, you know, arguably that the top defensive coordinator in the league.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's I guess that's that's something, right.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's you're not overcoming an injury, but it's it's probably hard to go to work and knowing that year you're going after one of the biggest sports entities in the world, and uh, and you've got to have your wits about you and still stay the course and compartmentalize all of that. So so yeah, man, it's it's been pretty impressive what he's been able to do in the lawsuits. Not over so it's still there's still there's still more to come. But congrats to him.
Speaker 3: I gotta believe mister Flores is sick of answering that question, this question I should say, but uh, here you go, Flores, is Harrison coming back?
Speaker 10: I think you know the group led by Telly, led by THEO, led by j Ward, you know, even t t you know guys who have been here and and know how we want to, how we operate, how we do things, and somebody's you know, got to step into those rows, into those shoes. That's the National Football League, whether it's injuries, whether it's you know, guys moving on. Every year is a little bit different. Every team's a little bit different. You know, this twenty twenty sixth group is going to be very different than twenty twenty five and twenty twenty four and twenty twenty three and every other year before that.
Speaker 2: And so that's just that's just our league.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So, but is he coming back?
Speaker 10: You love to have him back, you know, I've told him that many times already. But at the same time, you.
Speaker 2: Know, we got a good group. You know, they're really working hard and.
Speaker 10: Doing a lot of really good things and you know, collectively, you know, filling those shoes, I would say, and so excited for that group. And yeah, it's it's it's they're doing really well.
Speaker 2: So we don't know, Yeah, nobody knows. Somebody nobody knows it.
Speaker 6: And I think no, I'm sure that he he's just enjoying his off season, keeping his body right as he always does, and it does it does seem like that whenever he if if he ever wants to come back, they will welcome him back at any point in time of the season. So I put the percentages certainly not zero, but I actually kind of in a weird way, expect him to come back.
Speaker 2: I just don't know when.
Speaker 6: I mean, bye week seems like a logical time to step in, but we'll have to wait and see how the season goes.
Speaker 3: Ot as again this week through Thursday, voluntary OTAs for your Minnesota vikings, so that continues.
Speaker 5: More quarterback play, Yeah, you if they weren't, if they didn't have a quarterback competition, I would bet these would be canceled. But I think they realized that they could. They are as we've talked about, and you've said, Ben, it's not like the old days where you could just practice, right. They need to take advantage of every single rep. They can get a lot of teams cancel these. But I would bet one hundred percent if there wasn't a quarterback battle, they would just cancel.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think usually the way they structure these things, after the mandatory mini camp, they'll they'll throw these guys a bone or two and just say like, well, you know, if we have four practices left, we'll cancel two of them. You know, one might just be like a team outing like hey, let's go play paintball or go bowling or something like that.
Speaker 2: But you're right, I think that they I know.
Speaker 6: It is, Hey, guys, we're gonna just load up the buses and take more of your time away to so you guys can go team Bond. I think they have to treat, to your point, this quarterback situation as if they are a new coaching staff. You know, new coaching staffs, they get extra practice time. And you're right, there's a bunch of veterans. We've got a veteran defense. We have basically all the other pieces in place, but those guys need to compete, and those guys need every single rep. So they're going to treat this as if like this is a new regime taken over or they're going to maximize every ounce that they can of this offseason. I would think, you know, maybe they canceled the last day, but I'm glad that they're going to be back on the field, and you know, gives us something to talk about it for sure.
Speaker 5: So is like, is there anything that says like, let's say Kyler wants to stay after practice for two hours. Is there something in like that they can't do that, Like Koc couldn't stand there and help him. Is there like somebody from the league that like monitors all this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean a lot of this is sort of self reporting, But I do believe that they are restricted by the number of opportunities and hours the coaches have interaction with these players, both in the classroom and on the field. But if Kyler and JJ and the equipment manager and a receiver and hell, I mean, if the whole offensive line wants to stick around, you know, if if Kyler wants to step up and say, hey, guys, I need everybody to stick around for an extra twenty reps or something like that, that's on him.
Speaker 2: Coaches, I don't believe can be there. Nobody can do any actual coaching.
Speaker 6: It is sort of player led at that point in time outside of practice time.
Speaker 2: So it'll be it will be interesting to see.
Speaker 6: You know, we heard justin Jefferson talk about, Hey, I'm going to spend time with both Kyler and JJ in this offseason period.
Speaker 2: Where are they going to be I don't really know.
Speaker 3: It's a love triangle.
Speaker 6: Who else is going to be there? I don't really know, you know, in the years past. I think last year JJ was working out at Woodbury High School, I believe, and you know feeling was there a bunch of other players. Were there some tight ends there? They're all like, you know, they've had these throwing and catching sessions.
Speaker 2: Who knows where that's going to be this year.
Speaker 6: Don't know if it's gonna be locally, don't know if it's gonna be in California, who knows, But it'll be interesting, how you know, we already saw Kyler and Jordan Addison working out before OTA started. So what does that relationship look like? Do they do they does j A and JJ or you know jets kind of get together and say, hey, let's do this together. Do this as a group. Do all three of them? You know, now Juwan Jennings do the we Hey, all three of us, let's let's go to each quarterback for you know, a few days before we hit our vacation.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it'll be interesting to.
Speaker 3: See Ben if they're working out like it at Breck High School? Is there any chance like sitting on a bench over like near the sideline. You see like ko like this or is that illegal?
Speaker 2: Illegal?
Speaker 3: Just read the newspaper.
Speaker 2: Guys should be illegal? Yeah, Rosanna cruise ship.
Speaker 5: Well he he was just looking for somewhere to sit, just wanted to read. By the way, vets are off, what about summer now? And it's only the young guys are here for Well.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 6: See when So I thought that announcement came out on Friday, Thursday or Friday that that the off season was technically over. But then I just rolled with the fact because OTS is still going on.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, I guess they're still going on this. I didn't know either. We don't just trust Sauce when he says things been. I can't think of any time. I've never fifty, so that's one I can think of. It's it's the current time. I don't remember ever hearing a story of an NFL player like tearing his a cl doing those kinds of workouts, right, Like ten guys get together at a high school, they just work out. How come we've never had somebody tear their acl at something like that?
Speaker 3: You're hoping, aren't you?
Speaker 2: No? I just think it's crazy. All it takes is one weird extent can happen. I think it happens, but I can't think of one though. I'm sure I can't think of a c L.
Speaker 6: Well, they certainly, they certainly aren't going competitively one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 2: But it just takes one fall down, one weird step. Pops.
Speaker 3: I tore my cl trying to out rebound superstar Mike Morris.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say this, and this is gonna sound mean, give it hell, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: He a foot taller than you.
Speaker 3: Literally almost exactly one foot taller than me, and I did not jump as high as his forehead, and I tore my a cl because of the land and the land. Hey, sweet Ben, yep, can I give you one more thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 3: Can you guys stay with me for a moment because it is going to be interesting. And I know you're gonna poop poo me Corey Cove because you like the poo poop people.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite thing. Here we go, so your dad, here we go? You right, you mean Dwight, I mean Dwight. Yeah, please say come on, man, I'm back in twin.
Speaker 3: In Minnesota. I can use a third round pick. At the NFL draft on.
Speaker 2: What year did you say that again? COVID year, third.
Speaker 3: Round pick out of Mississippi State. Oh that's right, Camera Dancer's six foot two defensive back started ten games as a rookie, registered forty six combined tackles, two interceptions, force.
Speaker 2: Fumble, and went super thin. But how tall was he?
Speaker 3: Six foot two? That's a huge bitch, So I'm saying the future looked so bright he had to wear shades. In the second year with the Purple and Gold, Dancer found action in fourteen games, started seven had a career high fifty three combined tackles. However, frustration with the coaching staff and an ankle injury led him to getting a reduced roll in his third season. In fact, that would be his final season in the NFC North. He was placed on the injury reserve at the ankle injury and waved after the season, moved on to I Believe New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Damn Dancer, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Only after three games there. The young defender bounced around the NFL other organizations.
Speaker 2: But now stay with me. Don't poop me yet, please, all right, I'm not gonna poop him yet. Yeah, I won't poop you yet. I'm not that whale.
Speaker 3: The United Football League Game of Colin.
Speaker 2: You love that right, ready? Do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That put Danceller back in the spotlight.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's definitely a yeah. Don't Hawk watches it all the time. I think creas a bets on it.
Speaker 3: You promised me you were going to clinch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, clinch, cor we'll still call that number. Chrees. How's he doing? By the way, I think he's doing. Be going?
Speaker 3: He went home?
Speaker 2: Right? I don't know, I know he was supposed to. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I saw that post yesterday. I was like, Oh, I wasn't sure.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. Yeah, love you Chrees? Yeah on Thursday?
Speaker 5: Or is that TV determined based on his health Thursday?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, he's still training health wise to be ready by Thursday. I'm pretty sure. Yeah, that would be great.
Speaker 5: Be out in uh tomorrow or tuesday or today or tuesday?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Yeah anyway, uf L caemic Colin and put Danceller back in the spotlight. Now, come on, clinch, buddy, clinch him.
Speaker 2: Do you have to use the word spotlights in.
Speaker 3: Twenty man? Show him how to clinch?
Speaker 2: He knows. I felt it supposed to be whoa, whoa, Hey, don't clinch.
Speaker 8: Oh, buddy, you you need help, you Hawking.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty six, he joined the Louisville Kings.
Speaker 2: The boy the Louisville Kings. That's a thing. Yeah, that's Hawk's team. Oh, he's back in the spotlight. That's your team right.
Speaker 3: Oh, you can't clinch anymore. I'm your turtle head and brother Hawk.
Speaker 2: Hello, they're calling cam dancler hold on, Hawk, will you please wear a Louisville Kings hat?
Speaker 3: You buy it for me?
Speaker 2: I will buy it for you right now.
Speaker 3: The Kings lost their first three games of the season, but rallied to win six of their final seven once in the postseason the momentum and stop and Dancer, and the Kings defeated the Saint Louis battle Hawks. That's my team because I like the logo, Sant Louis BattleHawks. And we're in the championship game against the DC Defenders. That is in when the twenty seven year old he's only twenty seven guys defensive backup made some huge plays in that game against the Defenders. He had a huge interception in the fourth quarter in a one score game that helped the Kings on their way to a twenty seven to twenty victory in the UFL Championship.
Speaker 2: Boys, we'll.
Speaker 3: Now he must be asked, will dancer be asked to return? And it could be to your Minnesota backing. I doubt quarterback out. Yeah, I doubt it. I doubt it, you guys.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 6: I do feel like I saw a news story where he was very public about like how he.
Speaker 2: Was gonna, you know, change his approach and do.
Speaker 6: All this other stuff and kind of admitted that he was maybe there's some immaturity and like he's he's back and he's ready to he's ready to grind at it.
Speaker 2: So good for him.
Speaker 6: If I hopefully this is a good redemption story for the needle, you know, maybe he maybe he gets picked up by somebody in training camp and actually.
Speaker 3: Likes the championship.
Speaker 2: Next it has a second success career.
Speaker 5: I think, do you want to snap back hat or a fitted hand for the.
Speaker 3: Last I'd like a I want one of the flat brim hats because I like the way to look on my head. I think if if Zimmer has hemorrhoids, one of those purple danglers has got camera Danceler's name on it.
Speaker 2: My god, because that was real graphic. Purple Danglers.
Speaker 3: Also, he loves that he frustrate Mike's.
Speaker 2: I don't think Mike liked him. Is that a new Vikings podcast? Just lingering topics? Yeah? Well played.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they talk a lot of for you.
Speaker 2: You need help, Grimace does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, podcast standing up though, you know, I mean.
Speaker 5: You have to unless you're sitting on like a doughnut pillow.
Speaker 3: That sounds delicious.
Speaker 7: It's like that brown Bear. But no, just hawks, said Purple Danglar. Now he's in pain.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Now we have a podcast table. Well there you Fan five in a second headlines later. This is the power Trip Morning Chill on the Fan