Speaker 1: All right, here we go back on the Big one, seven hundred double Christmas See Eddie and Rocky Show, three hours of live radio coming at you.
Speaker 2: Wait like a damn Carol.
Speaker 1: Jason Williams in for Eddie and Rocky, and I said live, little live radio, Eddie, little extra PiZZ Hey, It's I'm fired up. It's Christmas Eve. It's great to be here. It's also a Wednesday, and on the Eddie and Rocky Show on Wednesday, that always means Wednesdays with Willy, Willy and Willie is here now, Bill.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas to you, sir, How are you merry Christmas? Son?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what, Dan and Jays. I'm living on the fat of calf. Getting ready for a little candlelight buffet dinner tonight at Kenwick Country Club, and then we're going to go to Mass and our Lady of Victory to acknowledge the real reason for Christmas. Then come back home late tonight and uh go to bed, get up and hopefully I have more family members over. It can't get much better than this. Boys, we're always complaining and moan, but this is the greatest country, the greatest time, and the greatest men. And women to be around. I've ever been congratulations on both of your successes and God bless you, and God bless America.
Speaker 2: God bless America. Let's Bill.
Speaker 1: I want to recap some of the some of the breaking news that happened yesterday. Right around this time, we were getting the statement from the prosecutor Connie Pillach talking about how the corner of lacksmis Marco had made an air in the way she was looking at the files of the of Elwood Jones and his victim. And we also later on heard from the corner saying that she didn't use the word mistake in her press release, but she had a couple of different things going on there. To my way of thinking, Bill, this issue with the hepatitis, it doesn't seem to me that the guilt or innocence of Elwood Jones really pivots on this particular issue. And even if he doesn't have hepatitis, it seems to me they're the evidence far out weighs beyond a reasonable doubt that he's the one who committed this crime.
Speaker 3: Well as Jason knows, I'll rephrase the comments of Hillary Clinton, what difference does it make? And the answer is no, difference. And that's according to the defense medical experts, who said that there's only a thirty percent chance or less, assuming that Rhoda had hepatitis B, and assuming that Elwood didn't have it and edwarll Elwood punched her a teeth into her stomach, which he did, there's only a thirty percent chance that Rhoda is so called hep B would get into the body of Elwood. So this is seventy percent chance that wouldn't so if anything do. For anyone to say that it excludes him is wrong. And last me, some Marco as you know, came on with me and you're good friend Gary Jeff Walker and said that the odds, shall we say, of a transmission is well less than thirty percent. It's probably in the four to five percent range. So to anyone to hang their hat on the hook that allegedly Rhoda who's dead, had he be her family disputes that and all of a sudden it didn't go to Elwood, that issue is just positive, like DNA is wrong. More important than that is the fact that when the couple came up from the buffet breakfast and first looked at their friend, Rotea's body. The first thing the woman said to her husband was, look, they took her diamond necklace too, And that diamond necklace was worn to her permanently because the class in the back was too small to work with. And so even when she took a shower, which she did that day, she kept it on. And where did the authorities find the diamond brooch necklace in the.
Speaker 4: Toolbox of Eltwood?
Speaker 3: Jones and so explain Rhydle me that one batman, how could anyone plant the evidence which nobody would do with you think Joe Dieters and that Blue Ash Police and Mark Pete Meyer would plant evidence to make sure that a guilty man was set free and that an innocent man, Elwood was convicted.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: But the braceleb sorry, the necklace was out of the possession of the Blue Ash Police before they arrived. It was gone, and it was found in the toolbox of Elwood. And secondly, that the boxer virus that you only get when you punch somebody in the mouth because there's bacteria. The gum line got into the body of Elwood testified to buy a hand specialist. He had it and he never had an explanation.
Speaker 4: Of how he hurt his hand.
Speaker 3: He hurt his hand by smashing it into the skull and teeth of Rhoda. That's how he hurt his hand. He told two or three different stories to co workers. His hand was all wrapped up. On top of that, On top of that, Jason, this guy was a burg He beat up woman, He beat up cops. He went to prison twice, and he had a pass key and an upscale apartment to steal more stuff. Can you smell when I'm cooking?
Speaker 2: Keep going, man, keep going?
Speaker 3: In addition to that, now.
Speaker 2: Hey, real quick, I want to ask you this.
Speaker 5: What is the and this is what I've been dying to ask this question, and it's got to be addressed to you and Dan and I talked about it. Uh, what is the possible play here of taking this the next extraordinary step from pillage to just throw deaders under the bus, as he said in his UH letter, Like you know, reasonable people can disagree on the decision here and on the evidence of everything, but to then take the next step and throw all these accusations out at deaders, and especially like when he's long gone from the prosecutor's office, never coming back the Republicans are never getting that seat back. I don't think like, what possibly is there is there some kind of like what would be the is there political play here in in why?
Speaker 2: And even why it's.
Speaker 3: Inexperience assuming she believed that l would on one day. Oh, I assume you two gentlemen this question. On one side of the fence, I'll call it the right side of the fence saying that he did it are Joe Dieters, Seth Tiger, Mark Pete Meyer, the Blue Ash Police Department, the FBI who did investigations of the walkie talking imprint onto her side of her face in addition to the teeth. And then you have as many as thirty judges, beginning with the trial judge, all the way through the state system, all the way through the federal system.
Speaker 4: Every one of them said he did it.
Speaker 3: And this canard that all the evidence has not turned on that Mark Petemeyer and Seth Tiger and Joe Deaters had the secret pieces of evidence that they didn't turn over under the twenty oh three Brady decision is fault the courts of appeals have they gave all the evidence that was relevant and they had other pieces of paper of witnesses that said we saw nothing. Secondly, there was one witness who said more or less of the time of the killing, I think I saw a white guy run out the back of a building.
Speaker 4: Who was it? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Call your witness. Did he Did he have in his possession the diamond necklace? Was his hand injured? Find the bacteria on Rhodes rhode?
Speaker 4: His gun line?
Speaker 3: No, it was a piece of paper that said someone. And they also had a confession of someone in the Hamlety County jail, a woman who said, my husband told me that he killed that woman in Blue Ash and the husband, this is going back twenty five to thirty years, is dead and the woman was mentally ill when she made the statement. And so on one side of the fence you got Mark Pete Meyer, set Tiger Joe Leaders, the Blue Ash Police, the FBI, thirty state and federal judges. On the other you have Wendy Cross and Connie Pillage.
Speaker 6: Who would you believe?
Speaker 2: I think, I think I know where I'm going.
Speaker 1: And then the notion Bill Cunningham that that that's somehow the office of Joe Dieters engaged in some sort of h canery, some sort of underhanded operation, some sort of cutting corners or not doing things the right way, that maybe their work wasn't up to the standard that's acceptable to Connie Pillage, that notion is just just it's.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous on its face.
Speaker 1: I spent years before I got into this job as a reporter for Fox nineteen covering the daily cumings and goings of Joe Deeters in his office and Seth Tiger and Mark Pete Meyer. I saw those guys in action almost every single day, and there was never a hint of any impropriety in that office whatsoe but the way and she did it again yesterday when she suggested that you know, somehow there was the withholding of evidence or maybe you know, their work was a little bit sloppy and and you know, we didn't have time to get into it. But it's to my way of thinking, it's an absolute disgrace that this prosecutor who didn't even check in with Joe Dieters, who didn't even say, hey, look, mister former prosecutor, this is what I'm looking at, and I think we know we're not going to go forward with this retrial because of this. This and this to not even run that theory by him and and get his And she said, why do I want his opinion on this? Well, remember this case very well? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: It is a felony called obstruction of justice to convict an innocent man, which is a federal civil rights violations. If Joe Neaters and Mark Pete Myer and Seth Tiger did what Connie says they did, they should be indicted in Hamlin County. They should be indicted by federal grand juries. They should go to trial and go to prison for years for planning evidence and being incompetent and cheating in an agger red a murder case. This wasn't a speeding violation like that derelict that driving one hundred miles in our Montgomery road.
Speaker 4: This was a murder. And they didn't arrest.
Speaker 3: Elwood for one year after the fact because they wanted to go over and over and over experts as CSI investigations, the FBI, the imprints, the blood, the necklace, what kind of pig that they spent a year because this was a woman who came here for a Barton mitzvah from Toms River, New Jersey, and they felt particular in the Blue Ash Police they had like one murder every five years and they were up in arms we got to find this guy. And they were so careful to make sure that the right person, and a multi racial jury was out just a short period of times that of.
Speaker 4: Course he's guilty.
Speaker 3: And Number one is the kind of person that would do it because of his previous record.
Speaker 4: Of violence and burglary.
Speaker 3: He's got a pass key Dupscale Motels h and he's using it. That was a bad hire by the way, by MS Sweets. And he was the only person that had the products of the theft in his possession. And he had the Boxer's virus in his left hand, which you only get from the doctors from someone's mouth. It's a special little bacteria we.
Speaker 4: All have, and he had that. And they waited and waited.
Speaker 3: For the test results to come back make sure they got the right guy. And I think what's behind this is there's a sense among many in our community that Joe Leaders over prosecuted, prosecuted the wrong people and and uh, the guy has to be an integrity unit now, an integrity unit to look at Mark Pete Mayer and make sure these guys had integrity.
Speaker 2: Past wrong, correct.
Speaker 3: Them and Jason. The next one's going to be Tracy Hunter. Yeah, Tracy Hunter is going to be a motion for a new trial, ran it and then dismissed.
Speaker 4: It's ll be on the bench within two or three years.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, that's a great point you bring up. What is the bigger picture of all this? Is this just the beginning of a decision like this? Will there be other decisions like this rendered by the prosecutor's office in your mind.
Speaker 4: Well, the hope is that she'll stop.
Speaker 3: Now it's only been there, what not quite a year, and she's inexperienced. But the hope is, after this firestorm, that she'll say, now, wait a minute before I choose former prosecutors of committing crimes in office to convict an innocent man, to put him on death row for twenty eight years, I'm gonna make damn sure. I'm gonna I have the facts in the law on my side. And secondly, I'm not going to do this again because this is tearing people apart, especially wrote to Nathan's family, and we got to stop. Do I think it'll stop? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: But gentlemen, last point, I know you got to go.
Speaker 3: There's a huge civil lawsuit out there, millions of dollars. And the county prosecutor stood up in front of God country and the media and said, prosecutor's office made a mistake. This is a wrongful prosecution. She conceded liability and said Ellwood was cheated. So at this huge lawsuit coming next year, how many county taxpayers are going to pay millions of dollars because of Elwood Jones? Because what is it worth to be locked up in death throw for twenty eight years? Well, what do you so a liability is conceded? According to county pillage, we did it and now we have to pay you money. How many millions of dollars is it worth for you, Jason Williams, to be on death row for twenty eight years when the prosecutor's office says you were wrongfully convicted?
Speaker 4: How much is that worth?
Speaker 5: Check out that you can't exactly build a lot of zeros.
Speaker 4: That's the next shoot to drop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bill, we gotta leave it right there. Merry Christmas to you and yours all the best to you in the new year, and we'll we will be seeing you in the new year. But thank you for being here on this Wednesday with Willie. It makes it extra special for Jason and me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mary Chris, Mary Chris, there.
Speaker 1: You go build the one and only Bill Cunningham, who a little trafficing weather together. On seven hundred.
Speaker 7: From the UC Health the traffic Center at u See Health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Northbound on seventy one at Fort Washington Way, the right lane blocked off. That's from a disabled vehicle. It's an accident on Edmondson Road. That's over at Edwards Road. Northbound on Edwards Road. Another crash at Mark Bright Avenue in southbound two seventy five down to one lane at the Indiana Kentucky line for a here's to the Carol Cropper Bridge. Expect de lace if you plan on going through there on that He's like On news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: The nine first one forecast, a beautiful afternoon today is going to give way to some showers and thunderstorms tonight, with the temperature continuing the climb into the mid fifties now for Christmas Day, a forty percent chance of showers, mainly before one, and we'll have a high on Christmas of fifty nine. Rain is likely tomorrow night, the overnight low forty four. Looking ahead to Friday, rain is likely and mostly cloudy on Saturday, with a high of sixty Right now fifty three at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: There's a little.
Speaker 1: Christmas music forty Jayson Williams and Carol Jason Williams in Freighting the Rock. Liam Tomlinson, you saying, lady, I saw Liam out in the hall. He's got his Christmas sweater on. He told me he's going to his grandma's house.
Speaker 2: I don't like it, so.
Speaker 1: Good for him, absolutely, And he's and he's got one of those look I mean, it's to my way of thinking, it's way too hot to wear a Christmas sweater.
Speaker 2: Today it was like sixty to threes. What are you you wear shorts? Do you get shorts on? Over there?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I got, I got golf pants on. I came straight from the golf course. It looks like it.
Speaker 2: Well that's all right.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see, we've got football action coming up on Christmas Day, which is tomorrow. I know we got in all those uh Liam, all those games are going to be right here on seven hundred WLW Is that right, Cowboys, Commanders, Lions, Vikings, Bronx. Yes, yeah, we've got a big lineup of football for you tomorrow. So, uh, I don't know, do you suspect to be any sports wagering going on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, a big NFL week It's a big NFL weekend, a lot of big games. Is a big necessarily tomorrow's games or because the player implications? We absolutely, I mean, it's interesting to look at these games how they were originally set up. They originally scheduled for Christmas Day because they thought all six of these teams would be in playoff contentions. You think about that Broncos Chiefs game. Wow, well that had been a phenomenal game.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Chiefs because he got Mahomes blew out his knee. Garner Minshew, their backup quarterback blew out his knee. Who's playing quarterback for them? I'm not actually sure. I don't even looked that up. I don't know. I'll look it up right now. Tony Pike get a phone call from the Chiefs. He might have in any case to help us understand the lines and the wagering and all the other stuff. We turned to Jason Hoffman, who is the sports editor at the Cincinnati Inquirer, and Jason Hoffman, Welcome to seven hundred WLW and Merry Christmas.
Speaker 8: To you, Hey, Merry Christmas to you too.
Speaker 4: Hey.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the first thing that strikes me when I'm looking at these spreads. Is it just because of the body of work that these teams have put out that Vegas can call Dallas an eight and a half point favorite. They can call the Lions a seven and a half point favorite over the Vikings, the Broncos thirteen and a half point favorite over the Kansas City Chief Those numbers seem huge to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So the way that the spreads work, there's guys that are way smarter than me and gals that are at these sportsbooks in Vegas, And what they do is they operate off of what we call in the gambling world prime numbers. Right, So the types of numbers that you can score in a given game. So the start with three points, six point seven points.
Speaker 2: And go off that.
Speaker 8: Now, the goal of these lines is to give you an implied win probability, right, So thirteen and a half points. That's a big number to cover.
Speaker 6: In the NFL.
Speaker 8: That's more that's usually a college type think. But the real reason for the lines is that that book wants to get as close to half of the money on each side of it, so that they make ten percent off of all the bets no matter what. That's why you see that minus one ten next to it for the odds, because the book's going to make you spend one hundred and ten dollars to win one hundred. So they go off that, and then there's a whole bunch of metrics to go off of. If you ever want to get into a super nerd rant about it, I can talk about it forever, but basically that the key numbers are expected points per play, expected points per drive, points allowed per drive points allowed per play from the defense, and then they go from there.
Speaker 2: I mean, what could have been in Jay and Merry Christmas? To you?
Speaker 5: What could have been in these Christmas Day matchups? But as as is, the only teams that are still in, well the Denver Broncos are in, and what they have to play for right now I believe is they're still playing maybe for home field advantage, and then the Lions are the only other team that are still in it, and they are on the outside looking in. And you just look at these games, you're kind of like, well, at the start of the season, you would have gotten really excited, and now it's like, Eh, let's get to the weekend. What are some other big games?
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure. And the weird thing is with them doing all these games on Christmas Day now, they don't have enough time. They need to give the teams two weeks notice to flex out of like a primetime game. Yeah, okay, how the Bengals and Dolphins were supposed to be Sunday Night Football. Yeah, but the NFL, you got to give them a two week notice before you flex them ount And they can't obviously change three games because they're going to be clumpers. But yeah, at the beginning of the season, they're all divisional games. They should have all had playoff implications, and that's just not the way that cookie crumbled.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, as you look at as you look at these three games, and I don't know if we need to go down to the spreads and the picks and all that, but is there one of these games that has any intrigued to you at all. I know that again the Lions, the Lions are weird team this year. It is a rivalry game against the Vikings. I guess all these are divisional rivalry games. Uh, but uh, you know the Lions are. I mean, if it's now or never for them, So I guess that's maybe one of the story. They can but they're they're they're very much on the outside looking in, right. They gotta get a lot of help, and they got to keep winning their eight and seven, which would put them in a pretty decent spot, well not necessarily in the a FC, but they're eight and seven. You know, they're they're favored by seven and a half. Any they're going to Minnesota, any anything there of What are your thoughts on that game?
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Lions are definitely and must win mode. They have, as you mentioned, they have to win out the last two games and they need a little bit of help to get in seven and a half. I don't like that number just because of the half point. Yep, a hook call it seven and a hook. I don't like that number. But if I had to bet this, I would go at the Lions just because they're in desperation mode and it. You know, they're one of those teams that on any given day, they can lay a clunker like they have recently, or they can go out and score forty eight points.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you, Jason, do you like seeing the NFL names on Saturdays around me? And I mean they don't always do it around this time of year, but which I'm I'm good with it. When college football is over, you see these games on Saturdays. I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, Jason will tell you I'm a I'm an NFL CICCU, so I'd watch it. If you put the NFL on Tuesday every week, I'd watch it because I'm bekind.
Speaker 2: I used to be a college football cicco.
Speaker 5: But I mean, Jay, you and I talking on the phone the other day, and I told you this, I'm becoming an NFL cicco because I'm really tired of the NF or of what college football's going through. Uh speaking and Dan mentioned Saturday there speaking of desperate the Ravens at Packers. This is an intriguing matchup. Ravens fighting for their lives. They got to keep going here. They can't hold onto the dagon football. I mean if they could hang onto the football, they would you know, I know they had Lamar Jackson was hurt for a while, but they would be in much better position right now if Derreck Henry could hold on the ball and Zay Flowers could hold on the ball. But Ravens at Packers, Packers coming off that devastating loss at Chicago, Packers favored by three three points.
Speaker 2: What do he got there?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I like the Packers in this spot for two reasons. One the turnover problem that Baltimore has that you mentioned. The other thing is the Baltimore defense is not really that good this year. They went spent a bunch of money in free agency, and yes, they shut the Bengals out and the biggest clunker of the Joe Burr er on my opinion a couple weeks ago. But I don't think that they can they're going to have an answer for the run or pass game that Green Bay's offense rings. So I'm going to take the Packers minus the points, and I'm also going to.
Speaker 2: Go over the point total in that game.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you about this one. You've got on Sunday. You've got Pittsburgh at the Cleveland Browns. That's only a three point spread, and you've got Pittsburgh who's leading the division. It looks like they're probably going to win the division. I think they're a clear favorite to beat the Browns. How do you have you know, how do you have a Dallas Washington Commander's game that has an eight and a half point spread and this one's only three points.
Speaker 8: It's part historical. The Steelers have not covered against the Browns. Yeah, more than half the time in the last decade. For some reason. They just play them tight every time. How about that They have a winning record against them, obviously, But the other reason too is the bookmakers, in my opinion, don't trust that Pittsburgh offense right now. It looked good a couple of week weeks ago. But with Aaron Rodgers, you know, right now, it seems you can flip a coin and one week he looks like Aaron Rodgers, the next week he looks like he's forty two years old. So I think that's the two main reasons for that spread.
Speaker 5: Jumping over to Sunday, you've got two games late there, late afternoon game and then a night game that four to twenty five Eagles bills could be a Super Bowl preview, and then at night you got Bears forty nine ers, which could be an NFC Championship game preview right now, Buffalo favored on ESPN BET at one and a half points. The game is in Buffalo, Philadelphia at Buffalo Bills by one and a half.
Speaker 2: What you got?
Speaker 8: I like the Bills in this spot. I honestly, when I initially looked at this game, I headed it three and a half based off of my metrics and my spreadsheet that I work off of, So I'll definitely take one and a half. I think that the bill don't have the flashy wide receiver weapons, but what they have in the best running game in the NFL, best running back in the NFL with and also with the tight ends that they have, I just think it's going to be too much for that Eagles defense follow up too.
Speaker 1: All right, we got time for one more game here, so let's turn our attention to Arizona coming here to take on the Bengals on Sunday. Sunday at one o'clock is the kick Bengals looking at about at a seven and a half point favorite in this game right now, I mean base look, Arizona is not very good. And based on what the Bengals did last week and how good they looked last week, is it possible for the Bengals to put two good games together and cover that seven and a half.
Speaker 8: Oh? Absolutely, I think it is. I wrote my prediction for USA Today this week. The final score that I predicted was thirty four to fourteen Bengals. So then winning by twenty in a blowout?
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 8: The main reasons there's injuries all over the defense for the Arizona Cardinals. Kyler Murray's done for the year as well. They're on a third string quarterback similar to the Chiefs are, and that entire coaching staff is going to get fired. So the only thing that these guys are playing for is either new contracts with other teams or maybe pride.
Speaker 2: But that's about it.
Speaker 8: I don't see how they hang close at all to the Bengals. I was surprised this wasn't a double digit spread, like we see what the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about that? All right?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Jason Hoffman, Cincinnati Enquirer, we are going to have to let you go, and I appreciate the time, appreciate all the effort you put into breaking down these spreads. Keep up the great work, and Merry Christmas to you and yours all.
Speaker 8: Right, hey, thank you, and merry Christmas gents.
Speaker 5: Hey Mary for Christmas. And may may Sanna be very good. Little Eli Hoffin you know, sorry, all right, Jason, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the Bengals ain't gonna be in the playoffs, you might as well maybe make a couple of bucks off.
Speaker 5: I like that pic, especially Jacoby Brissett is the Cardinals starting quarterback.
Speaker 1: I might stop at the sports book on the way home. Really Bengals by twenty I like that On seven hundred ww so reliving it. I was in the Air Force, yes, and I was stationed in Okaanowa, Japan, and it was Christmas. It was Christmas Day and I was working, and uh I'm out on the flight line and I was I was the I was the float to that night, so I had to I wasn't in a fuel truck. I was in a I was in a pickup truck. And I had to go around and do different things. And uh so when I was working, I was working the I guess it was the I can't remember it was the overnight shift of it. But anyway, it was late, it was late, it was it was it was like eleven o'clock local time, and this, you know, I had Armed Forces Radio used to be called a FRTs on Versus radio and television service, and this song came on Elvis Presley and it was just it. It just hit me about the first first time I ever heard it, and I just I'm sitting there and it was I it wasn't snowing, but it was. It was late at night, there was no one else around, and just just sat there and just thought about, man, this is And it was at that moment I decided that was my all time favorite Christmas song. And after all these years that has not changed. Relonging for home, I don't know about that, but it was just, uh, it just fit the mood perfectly, sure, you know, but it's you know, it's Elvis Presley. So you know, this is what Jason and I do when we're here on Christmas Eve. We want to hear about your favorite Christmas songs, and that one. I mean, there's other ones that I like, but that version of Merry Christmas Baby, because it's been done, it's been done by well Charles Brown was the first one who recorded in nineteen forty seven. So that was the Bruce talking about Charles Brown earlier. Charles Brown has got a lot of He's got a lot of great Christmas recordings that that I like a lot. Chuck Berry recorded that this song in nineteen fifty eight, Merry Christmas Baby, Yes, otis Redding in nineteen sixty seven, Otis Redding and the Pips. I don't know about the Pips, but it's Otis Redding. And then Elvis recorded that in nineteen seventy one, and probably most people are familiar with the Bruce Springsteen and the East Sand version. That's I don't know what year it was, but it's it's His version is a lot more upbeat and up tempo.
Speaker 2: Than the Elvis.
Speaker 7: Ver.
Speaker 1: You like Springsteen, you like his polm Man, you know, I might have to bring the movie. When I was younger, No, I appreciate Bruce Ringsteen. I read a lot about him. I've never been to one of his shows, but I read a lot about Springsteen when I was when I was younger, and so I appreciate the effort and the work. I think he taught himself how to play guitar. I'm pretty sure, And I remember reading about him one time. He said, if you want to be good at guitar, he said, you have to practice a lot by yourself. And so he put a lot of time and effort into his craft. I think at one time he was probably the biggest rock and roll star on the planet for a period of time. But you know, over the last several years he's injected. And I've I've heard and maybe if you if you know people are listening, they've been to a Springsteen show. I've heard that he actually he like these days, he stops his show in the middle to go on a on a political rant or for an extended for several minutes, because he hates Trump that bad. So he's got I think he's got some you know, like Robert de Niro, he's got some some serious Trump arrangement syndrome going on.
Speaker 2: And he and it's to.
Speaker 1: Me that would I I have never been to a show where a performer actually stops the show to make a no, no, tell you, I didn't ask you to play that.
Speaker 2: No, I did, Okay, go ahead, go ahead, I didn't, but I didn't. I didn't. But I like it.
Speaker 1: If you want to play Bruce Springsteen keep going. I'm not I'm not hating on Bruce Springsteen, keep going, but I just yeah, the the political stuff and the big man who plays the sacks, Clarence. Yeah, he died, he died, but no he I mean it was a great show. I mean, great, great artist. But yeah, I don't I don't know why he let the the political stuff take over. And and I think he's known more for that these days than you know, why anything new that he's putting now you know.
Speaker 2: Why he did. No, I don't know why.
Speaker 5: He doesn't need the money and he's no, he doesn't need to believe I mean, what he believes in his his convictions on it, and he feels like that's what he he needs to evangelize on it.
Speaker 2: That would be my guess.
Speaker 1: But you know, I mean songs like thunder Road. I mean the lyrics to that song, they're amazing. So what's the one about uh uh small town?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was born in a small town. Yeah, that's that's Mellencamp. Oh that is, I'm thinking about the one. It'll come to me in a second. We're sticking, we're sticking to Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, let's go. Let's go to the phones, and this is Bobby. Bobby, you're on seven hundred wl W than Steven Ross.
Speaker 3: Hey, happy there, Holidays, everybody married Christmas?
Speaker 2: The A team on here today. Oh yeah, absolutely. How you doing, Bobby? Hey, we do well every day, my friend.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what Chuck Berry would run run read all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great one. Here we go, you say it. We play it on seven hundred w W.
Speaker 2: Make it to town. He can take the freeway down. Sort of a different take on Santa Claus's coming to town. Huh.
Speaker 1: There you go, Bobby, Thank you very much for the phone call, and you have a great Christmas, you too, My brims about it? Run Bob, And Bobby's a regular I recognize his voice. He's a regular listener to this station and down the hall fifty five.
Speaker 2: Fifty KRC tri State Weather. You could be you could be a jingle. So you like that?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, it was, it was beautiful. I don't want to I don't want to say anything bad. Let's go to Steven Ross, Steve, seven hundred WLWY Safety.
Speaker 2: What's up man, I.
Speaker 3: Know, maybe blasphemy, say Chuck Berry didn't do the best of anything.
Speaker 8: Keith Richard's version of Run to Rudolph.
Speaker 2: Ruts better Keith Richard. Keith, I didn't know him. We have that Keith Richards version of Run Run Rudolph. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't know he had a version of that. He's gonna see, he's gonna see if he can find that one.
Speaker 6: I'm with Dan.
Speaker 3: Best Christmas song ever is Elvis Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Baby, all this Merry Christmas Baby, and and the thing is the best part of the best part of that song doesn't come until it's about until you're about five or six minutes into him.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go? Does this Keith? This is Keith Richards. Alight, let's hear this is Keith Richards singing. There you go Richard singing.
Speaker 1: You say it? Lean plays it? Hey, Steve, thank you very much for the call.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You have a great Christmas brother. Thanks Steve. Is that it Steve? By the way, that was the song?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: He confirmed My bat left my bat. I hung up on Richards from the stones. You know what I like?
Speaker 5: The Christmas song by Nat King Cole. That's the one that's classic. That's that's a classic chest nuts.
Speaker 1: You know the thing is for for for as old as that song is, the quality of the recording on that risp it is, it is crisp. It is superior to to so to so many other recordings, and and and what you know, what was the technology back then compared to what it is today?
Speaker 2: Here we go Jack Cross, huge.
Speaker 3: Tad cows being sung by wah.
Speaker 2: And folks dressed up like Eskimo.
Speaker 4: A turkey.
Speaker 1: And so I was driving, I was driving on my way here today and I was slipping around. I was scanning some of the the FM dial uh not because I didn't want to listen to ken Brew, but I knew we were going to be talking about Christmas songs and I and it maybe it's just me, but it seems like a couple of years ago, it seemed like there was a dozen or more radio stations that was playing full time Christmas music. Today it seems like there's only there's not as many. I don't know that, I don't know how many there are, but it just seemed wasn't there one station that starts at like Halloween. Yeah, here's Randolph Randolph seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you guys were just talking about Bruce Springsteen, yes, and his rants and I saw him last year in Columbus.
Speaker 2: Okay, am I am? I am? I mistaken about that?
Speaker 6: Pardon am I am?
Speaker 2: I mistaken about that? He doesn't stop his shows.
Speaker 6: No, you're you are? Yes, you are mistaken of all right? I am? I am hardcore Trump. I'm hardcore conservative. And you know, the way he is doesn't make sense to me. I don't understand why most of those artists end up where they are, but they are.
Speaker 2: But anyhow, Okay, thank you, Nicole.
Speaker 1: Let's let's go to Uh, let's go to Fred and not Fred. Let's go to Tom and Love one Tom and Love one Tom seven hundred w W we got Alice.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 2: How are you Tom?
Speaker 9: I'm doing I'm doing great. I'm a I'm a music trivia host to the local tavern. And I did some research for some rock and roll Christmas songs that I found some pretty good ones. Uh, I think Kid Rock and Tim McGrath or something like that. But uh, the funniest one I found was Christmas with the Devil by Spinal Tap.
Speaker 10: It's It's It's hilarious, Chris and uh, Christmas with the Devil and but my favorite, my favorite, I'm sorry Yeah, that's it in my brain.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And then my favorite is the King's Father Christmas. It's kind of an irreverend like they're they're gonna mug Santa Claus and take his money or something like that.
Speaker 2: Is that the.
Speaker 6: Money?
Speaker 2: Is that the one?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That one?
Speaker 9: That one anyway? And then Christmas and Hollis from run DMC.
Speaker 2: Did did Liam tell you to say that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think he did because he had that.
Speaker 4: He had that.
Speaker 2: I was over there in the control center a little while. I was very surprised, got it, he said.
Speaker 1: He said, I wasn't hip because I wasn't familiar with that one.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the reason why you're.
Speaker 1: Not go ahead, go ahead, okay, Tom, thanks, we got to run. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Liam.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, roll a little bit of the Christmas in Hollis and then let's do trafficing weather together.
Speaker 4: Well,