Speaker 1: The best thing about being stuck in traffic more time to listen to the Dave Ryan Show on kt w B.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning, it's cold out, so baby, it's cold outside. It is five degrees. Today's high is twenty one, and I think it's going to stay cold, Isn't it funny? I was riding the motorcycle a couple of weeks ago, like around Lake Minnetaka. That was just like a week and a half ago.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, I think last Monday, it's still got to about like fifty or something.
Speaker 3: Just last Monday, last Monday.
Speaker 2: Now, and that's like, so, hope you had a good Thanksgiving whatever you did, whether you drove somewhere, whether you stayed home, whether you flew somewhere whatever. We were out in Colorado and we are at a stage in our life where we're trying to get rid of things. One of the things we want to get rid of is our old dead pet's ashes. Okay, because you know, you get your pet cremated, then you get a little box or a little rock that says Willie or whatever on it. And we're like, I don't want Alison and Carson and the kids to one day have to look at those and go, what do we do with these?
Speaker 4: And toss him in the trash.
Speaker 2: So we took him out to Colorado where we have a house out there on five acres, and I dug a little hole and I buried all of the pets that we've lost over the years.
Speaker 4: And it was sad.
Speaker 2: It was like I just didn't want I didn't want him to be, you know, thrown in the trash. I didn't want him to be buried here.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 2: I know, they're just you know, you can say they're just pets, whatever, but they all meant something to us. Josie got a special place because Josie was the special one. Yeah, And so I buried the pets. And it was funny because Bernie watched. Bernie, our current dog, he came along and he watched, and it's kind of like Bernie knew something was up because the only thing that he didn't do was put his you know, take off his hat and put his hand over his heart.
Speaker 3: That was the only thing that he didn't pay his respects in that way.
Speaker 2: I don't think he knew what was going he knew something was going on. So that was kind of a sad little thing.
Speaker 3: Did you wipe out the bugle and do anything like.
Speaker 4: Did not play taps?
Speaker 3: No, honestly, that was probably the restuctful.
Speaker 1: Thing to do that.
Speaker 2: I can see the neighbors going, oh God, Dave's lost it. He's got a bugle out and he's playing taps.
Speaker 1: I tried to get rid of something like two weeks ago, let me tell you, and it is still living in my garbage So I've talked about how I have a bra that I call the old Trustee and I've worn it for ten plus years and it finally has gone to a part point where it's not.
Speaker 2: Like why he was hanging out of it is one of the birch is gone.
Speaker 5: But can I ask, is that a you thing or a normal thing for women to keep it that long?
Speaker 3: I think it's a very normal thing.
Speaker 1: Well, you find a bra that you just love and it works for you, You hold on to that thing until it does.
Speaker 3: Not work anymore.
Speaker 1: So I throw it away like two weeks ago, and I go to bring my garbage can in last week and it is still sitting at the bottom of that garbage can.
Speaker 5: The trash people. I ain't touching that one.
Speaker 4: No, it should just didn't stick to the bottom.
Speaker 3: I think it's stuck to the bottom.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, so I think that as much as I did want to part with it, but I knew I had to.
Speaker 3: It doesn't want to part, It doesn't want to leave you.
Speaker 4: Did you bring it back in and throw the washer?
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 1: It's still sitting in there. It'll probably remain in there all winter until the ice thows.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But then I had posted it on my Instagram story and someone DMed me and she said that they tried to throw out her husband's VHS like an old corneral VHS and when they came back after the trash had but emptied, that was just like laying on the side of the trash. But everything else was gone. So that also didn't want to part way. So I didn't they just stay around?
Speaker 4: No, I'd want to stay there.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Or maybe they thought nobody threw this away on purpose. This is some good VHS adult material.
Speaker 6: Over the break, I felt for I did what Dave does, and I got into it with an internet troll on the internet and.
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 5: It's so bad?
Speaker 3: So it happened.
Speaker 6: There was a post and it said, uh, would you if someone offered you a million to leave your partner, would you do it? And I just try to comment on stupid little things like this. So I commented and I said, not only do I love my girl, but one million dollars is not allow these days. Could and depending on who you are, I guess it's not. I just said that. Somebody commented back and said, great, but you think she'd stay with you if you if she was all for a million? Two, I commented back, I said, I know she would. Now here's where it gets a little.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: Some other random person says, I bet your woman would let me for one hundred k, maybe even cheaper.
Speaker 2: So then two things wo wow. So he said that your woman would let him be enjoyed it. Yeah, whatever, for one hundred thousand dollars and then he said maybe even four hundred dollars period. Now, I don't play when it comes to my family or my girlfriend or my sisters.
Speaker 6: So without even thinking about it, I respond back and said, and I bet your mom would two for a cigarette?
Speaker 4: Did you win?
Speaker 6: Don't play with me, brouh. I just, first of all, I didn't insult this person. Whoever's like going back and forth with me it wasn't their post, and I didn't offend them in any way. But Dave is very guilty of just, you know, trying to poke the bear a little bit.
Speaker 5: And you never do it first. Oh you's always somebody that does it to you, and you're like, I'm gonna go poke back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think because people think that we're gonna be nice and polite if they like say something awful, and I sometimes I'm just not. Yeah, it's like we're people too. Yeah, I love that. Though your mom would for a cigarette, I think you win that one.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure I do because he respond autter that And that's how you know that when yeah, yeah, good for you, you said them down real quick.
Speaker 2: Time for a motivational Monday on Katie WB. We love pets here and this one kind of focuses on pets. It's not really motivational, it's more a reminder and I like this.
Speaker 4: I hope you do too.
Speaker 7: Do you know that when your dog follows you everywhere, sleeps beside you, and refuses to leave your side, it's not just a habit. Dogs don't get close to just anyone. They sense energy, emotion, and even stuff we can't see to them.
Speaker 4: You're not just a friend your home.
Speaker 7: They feel your sadness behind a smile, notice changes in your mood, and protect you against things you can't see. Their loyalty is more than just protection, it's love. So the next time your dog doesn't leave your side, remember it's because your soul resonates with them and they've chosen to stay by your lights. Cherish that connection because not everyone has gifted such guardian angels. To your dog, you are their entire universe, their reason to live, and from their perspective, truly alone. Because to them you are vital. They would give up their own life just to keep you safe, and in their eyes, you are the only love they will ever know. So go spend some time with your dog right now. Cherish them, appreciate them, show them you love them.
Speaker 2: That last line really got me for you. They are the only You are the only love they will ever know. They don't have like a friend or a mom that they go see, or a sister that they go see.
Speaker 4: Sure they might have other dogs, but you are their love.
Speaker 2: I'm sad now ye have emotions, Coscratchers Doggie, all right, we'll be back. One hour commercial free on KDWB Christmas Wish comes up in that hour. We're gonna play name that tune, one of our favorites. We're doing that one next on KDWB. Mascara alert if you have not put on the makeup yet this morning, and you can wait until after Christmas Wish.
Speaker 4: It's always a good idea.
Speaker 2: That's coming up at about seven fifty eight o'clock on KDWB and.
Speaker 3: Watch Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Just go to YouTube and search Dave Ryan TV. So you're on an airplane.
Speaker 2: You're on a Delpha fly, yeah, and you're flying to Orlando on vacation, and there's something's going on. There's a hustle and bustle up in the front of the plane. There's something going on up there. Suddenly the flight attendant gets on the PA and she says, oh my god, both pilots are dead.
Speaker 4: Can anybody here land this plane? Now?
Speaker 2: Everybody looks around at each other. They're like that that that that you you you can you do it? Can you can you land this plane? So you go up and you sit in the cockpit and you put on the headphones and and and you're trying to and you crash and you kill everybody. That's exactly what happened to Max Brosmury yesterday when they asked him to fill in for the Vikings game. Is because this poor kid, this poor I feel so bad for this kid. I feel terrible for this kid. He I think he completed one pass for negative six yards. Now I don't have that exactly, but it was something like that, some one pass for negative six yards. He threw four interceptions, crashed the plane. He had never started an NFL game before. As a matter of fact, he just got fitted for his uniform yesterday.
Speaker 3: Are you making that part up? Are you making up?
Speaker 2: Most of the story is made up, I know, But the Vikings had not been shut out since the sixteen hundreds. The sixth was the that was the last time the sixteen hundreds that the Vikings got shut out.
Speaker 6: You know, I will say, though Minnesotas continue to ride strong for their Vikings, no matter constantly disappoint Though.
Speaker 1: I feel so bad for that poor kid, because I mean, every fan base has people who are awful, but like that kid is getting just dragged right now.
Speaker 5: If you knew I sucked put in the position.
Speaker 3: He has been getting dragged all season two.
Speaker 2: Well, It's just kind of like if they said to Jenny, can you land this airplane?
Speaker 4: Jenny's like, no, I can't. I can't land the airplane. But you gave it a good shot.
Speaker 1: I would, yeah, I give it my best effort. But then I'd be like, sorry, everyone, we're dead. Now, let's see you in after all.
Speaker 2: I think Justin Jefferson had two receptions for a total of four yards.
Speaker 4: And I don't think I'm making that up. I think I heard that on the radio yesterday.
Speaker 3: I think that sounds about right. I didn't watch any of that game.
Speaker 1: I just looked at updates on the internet because it didn't seem like it was going very good in their favor.
Speaker 4: No, we were.
Speaker 2: We were coming home on a road trip from Colorado and we were very much looking forward to the game. And it's three oh five and we're still down in like Des Moines, and so we put it on the iHeartRadio app and we bluetoothed it to the radio in the car and we're like, yeah, go Vikings, go fight. Oh that's oh crash, let me.
Speaker 5: Go through on Christmas?
Speaker 2: Cool wait instead exactly all right, it is Katie WB time four. Name that tune today vont versus Jenny, here's your theme. The key to winning this round is knowing there are eighty eight keys.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Each of these songs prominently features a piano. Okay, a theme. Here we go with the first clue. Jenny bids first on the number of seconds that you will need to name that tune. Are you ready, Jenny, I'm ready. Here's your first clue. One thousand, six hundred and nine would make a terrible song title, so we used the imperial system. One thousand, six hundred and nine would make a terrible song title, so we used the imperial system. Jenny, what do you bid on this song?
Speaker 1: I am going to bid. I can guess name that tune in three seconds?
Speaker 6: All right, Jenny, I was gonna say three as well, So go ahead and name that tune.
Speaker 1: I was hoping you'd say two. Okay, that is Vanessa Carlton one thousand miles.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: If only that starter yesterday could do as good as you just did.
Speaker 4: Yes in the bibs game.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go, Vaunt, you're bidding next, Here we go. I like you a lot, like every inch, every ounce of you, Even with your flaws, you seem flaws to me. I like you a lot, like every inch, every ounce of you, even your flaws, which seem flawless to me.
Speaker 6: Vaunt dave, I think or Jenny, I think I can name that tune in two seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, I said, three sovot name that tune.
Speaker 5: Kiz of me, all of you.
Speaker 4: You guys are killing it.
Speaker 5: Good job, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's John Legend.
Speaker 5: By the way, every song John Legend has he does. Oh whoa.
Speaker 2: Now the key to winning this round is knowing there are eighty eight keys. That's right. Each of these songs prominently features a piano. Jenny, you're bidding next? Oh brother, is this ever a haunting song about self doubt? Can you guess the answer? I'll read it to you again, Oh brother? Is this ever a haunting song about self doubt?
Speaker 4: Ken? You guess the answer?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Gosh, Ken, I know no extra clue?
Speaker 3: Can Okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say I can name that tune in four seconds.
Speaker 5: I think I can name that tune in two seconds.
Speaker 3: Okay, I find name that tune.
Speaker 6: That would be well, what is it called? I know it's Billy Eilish? What was that made for?
Speaker 7: Can?
Speaker 4: Because it's from Barbie.
Speaker 3: He's not Barbie girl. It's not gonna be Barbie.
Speaker 2: These are all piano songs and vont you are bidding next? Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Here we go. Here's your clue. She got her driver's license? But can you guess another hit song? I'll give you three guesses, one, two.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 3: I just want you to say the clue?
Speaker 5: I guys, confuse one more time.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the clue. She got her driver's license? But can you guess another hit song? I'll give you three guesses one.
Speaker 5: Two three?
Speaker 4: Come on you ready?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: I think I'm cocky.
Speaker 5: I got a bid for us. I was gonna just go ahead and guess I can name that tune in? Can I say?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Seconds?
Speaker 1: In?
Speaker 4: One second? One second?
Speaker 6: And if you are listening in your car or wherever you're listening, text it right now.
Speaker 5: How you're screaming at the radio. Let's all say it together.
Speaker 4: Ready, here we go, vampire ol Okay, you.
Speaker 3: Guys it, I have one font has three right?
Speaker 5: You never played this game, so it's okay, all right, Here we go, doing great?
Speaker 2: Sweeten, you are bidding first, Jenny. When you're not around, I become unmanageable. Don't lose your chance to guess this song. When you're not around, I become unmanageable.
Speaker 4: Don't lose your chance to guess this song.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I can name that tune in two seconds.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say three, So Jenny, go ahead, named that took Something's got a hold on beer?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well that spons boy Teddy swims my guy, and it's called.
Speaker 7: You got it?
Speaker 3: Why can't I think of what is it? Lose yourself?
Speaker 5: Is that your guess?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. No for the lose, God for the steal.
Speaker 1: You were so close, but I was thinking. I don't know why I was thinking, and lose yourself couldn't. No, I know that, but I just couldn't think of what it was.
Speaker 2: Once again, the theme. The key to winning this round is knowing there are eighty eight keys. That's right. Each of these songs prominently features a piano.
Speaker 5: How are you doing playing this game? Let us know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, send me a text.
Speaker 2: A lot of people scream the answers of the radio, Jenny, you're bidding first, No, you're getting you're bidding here? Yes, Because I just thought, let's play a game of connections. Analog digital grandfather atomic. Let's play a game of connections analog digital grandfather atomic.
Speaker 4: Vaunt. He's trying to figure out the connections.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought I had it.
Speaker 6: I can name that tune in not confidently three seconds?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I also said three vaughts, So name that tune.
Speaker 5: I don't know the name of this song. I know I've heard it. I just don't know the name for.
Speaker 1: The Jenny, I mean, I get the point no matter what. But I know it's cold play, but I can't think of if.
Speaker 4: It's Use the clues.
Speaker 2: Use the clues, grandfather blank digital blank. Yes, all right, Jenny, you're bidding first on this round.
Speaker 4: Here we go. It's a long clue. Listen.
Speaker 2: You experienced a series of unfortunate and profoundly disheartening events through the course of your day, leading to a cumulative sense of dissatisfaction and distress that can only be characterized as a thoroughly negative and unproductive day.
Speaker 3: Okay, did you use chat ept with that one? I might have it feels very You.
Speaker 2: Experienced a series of unfortunate and profoundly disheartening events throughout the course of your day, leading to a cumulative sense of dissatisfaction and distress that can only be characterized as a thoroughly negative and unproductive day. Jenny, I need a bid.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna go and take a leap of faith here and say I can name it in two seconds.
Speaker 5: I was gonna guess three. So Jenny named that tune?
Speaker 1: Okay, I was confused for a second, but I think I know what it is without the bad in the background.
Speaker 3: That's Bad Day by Daniel Powder.
Speaker 4: Yes, Vaunt, final round. Here we go. Let's get in the way back machine. You guys.
Speaker 2: You better be able to guess this song because we're all in the mood for this game to be over. Let's get in the way back machine. You guys, you better be able to guess this song because we're all in the mood.
Speaker 4: For this game to be over.
Speaker 6: Vant way Back Machine is what I'm stuck on trying of thing. It's gonna be old Jenny. Yeah, I can name that tune in two seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, Vat, I don't know at all, So go ahead, and who named that dude?
Speaker 5: Okay? Oh, Vaunt, are.
Speaker 1: You putting us on the edge of our seat or do you really not know?
Speaker 4: He's thinking, I see this smoke coming out of his ears.
Speaker 5: That's gas.
Speaker 1: Good thing we're in here.
Speaker 6: I guess it's another one. I've heard it and I don't know the name. I do this every time I have the last clue.
Speaker 4: For the deal. Jenny Man.
Speaker 2: Yes, well all right, Vont wins on. Name that tune? Vont, which song do you want to hear in its entirety? We've got one thousand miles all of me. What was I made for? Vampire lose control? Clocks bad day or piano man probably can't play piano man?
Speaker 4: Or we will get a call from Ridge.
Speaker 3: So so many people would be happy to hear it.
Speaker 5: Can we go? Vanessa Carlton, ooh we can.
Speaker 4: Good choice, Name that tune?
Speaker 2: Congratulations Vaunt the Victor Today on Katie wb Hey brand new Christmas Wish, first one of the season.
Speaker 4: In fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Let's cover the Dirt Proctu by six one two, Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. Christmas Wish, by the way, first one comes up in about another ten minutes or so. Hang on for that one. Ed Sharon commented on his friendship with Taylor Swiss. Because there's rumors flying around about how they're not getting along or anything like that. Here's Ed Sharon.
Speaker 8: I'm not self conscious about my relationship with her. We've been friends for very, very many years. We're super close, and we see each other when we see each other, and when we see each other, we lock back into where we left off.
Speaker 2: And I think that's great. You gotta watch that special. I know, I gotta watch that.
Speaker 3: That's true to watch it so good.
Speaker 1: Magan the Stallion spent Thanksgiving playing chef for her boyfriend lay Thompson and his family, and she served up quite the feast, showing her culinary skills and all of that stuff. But basically the funniest part was the fact that she said that she put so much seasoning into the turkey that the turkey had a full BBL, which if you don't know what BBL stands for, it stands for Brazilian butt lift. So that turkey was sick is what apparently happened.
Speaker 6: Okay, we've been talking a lot about our Enna Grande and Cynthia Revo, which, by the way, go watch our Instagram video at Dave Ryan Show of Jenny and Bailey re enacting them too in interviews.
Speaker 5: It's so funny, but yeah, it was then.
Speaker 6: But Ariana Grande is calling out people who are talking about how how she looks.
Speaker 7: From what you're wearing, to your body, to your face, to your everything.
Speaker 3: There's a comfortability that people have.
Speaker 6: Commenting on that that I think is really dangerous, and I think it's dangerous for all parties involved.
Speaker 2: You've probably seen the video. It was super viral over the weekend on Thanksgiving. It is of a girl who looks like she's about twelve years old, and she's in front of a big, huge, long table full of Thanksgiving food ready to be shared by the family. It's a giant table, it's ten feet long, and it collapsed as she was speaking. Oh, I got it was sent to me several times. Here is a little audio clip of that. Wow, and everybody was just stunned. I mean, the table just collapsed in. Every thing fell on the floor, and this poor twelve year old girl is like it was She didn't even touch the table. It was overloaded with Thanksgiving stuff.
Speaker 3: A man and it wasn't Ai.
Speaker 4: Right, that's a really good question.
Speaker 2: We were watching a video while we were on vacation of soldiers coming home from deployment and they walk into the airport and their cat greets them, and their cat sees them and jumps up in their arms, and it's.
Speaker 3: Like, that's so sweet.
Speaker 2: But then I started to think, who brings a cat to the airport and lets it loose in the airport. So I looked in the comments, and sure enough it was Ai. It is so disappointing when you see and Susan falls for it.
Speaker 9: All the time.
Speaker 2: She'll be like, look at this one, It's so amazing, and I'll be like, uh huh, it's Ai.
Speaker 4: Well, I still like it. Anyway.
Speaker 1: I saw this video over the weekend too, that was like of this mama bird and she was covering her little chick lits, her little not chicken chicks, they're not but her three little baby and it was like she had an umbrella of feathers that wrapped around her whole body and she was covering them from the rain. And I was like, this is so cool. I've never seen a bird like this before. And I was about to share it, and then I was like, wait a second, and I went to the comments and I was like, oh, they got me, they got me.
Speaker 3: It's Ai.
Speaker 2: Send me a text, let me know what AI video fooled you or fooled your mom, because Susan could look at the and I said, we're looking at these cat videos of again soldiers coming home from deployment and they're at the airport and their cat sees them and jumps up in their arms. And I said, look in the background, a woman walks by and she walks through a door, like walks right through a door. And it's like, yeah, they didn't get that part right, I.
Speaker 5: Still like it. Can I tell you the one I saw?
Speaker 6: It was a chiropractor giving the oldest of ladies a massage.
Speaker 5: Yes, and he did you say that one already?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: And yeah, and then he's like he's doing it, doing it and then when he goes to break her back. There's two of them. I saw one he just breaks with so bad. The chair, the things she's laying on breaks in half. He just like yanks her through the wall and it's like, what the heck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. I wasn't fooled by that one. At first I thought it was real. Yeah, it seemed like normal, But then when he threw through the wall, I was like, no, that's ai, but it's funny, funny. Another one of my favorite ones. And this is so obviously AI. There's a cat out on the front porch in the middle of the night and he's playing. The bong goes yeah, and the mom comes out. The cat bomb comes out. It's like it is it is the middle of the night. No more bong goes. The cat's pissed. He's like, ah, next shot is the cat playing bagpipes and the woman comes out.
Speaker 4: She's like, no bagpipes after midnight?
Speaker 5: What I see of a mom.
Speaker 6: She's like telling her kid, Hey, timmy, make sure you clean up your room.
Speaker 5: And the kid's playing his xbox.
Speaker 6: He's like five, but then he's like, Mom, if you want to shotcho ba up and get out of my room so that way I can play my games.
Speaker 4: It's like, yo, whoa what? I love those? All right?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: Where were we're doing the dirt? We have Christmas wish coming up in a few minutes. We're gonna need to get ready for that one. So we got to go outside and we got to the Wisher is probably gonna be here any second, but we're looking forward to Christmas Wish that come up in about another five minutes or so. Thanks to Treasure Island, and holiday station stores and people who have nominated and people who have donated. That'll be coming up in just a minute on Katie w b. Let's do one more dirt story. Then we're gonn probably play a songs. We can go get our Christmas wish er and get all set for that one.
Speaker 1: My favorite Dart story is, honestly, when Al Roker presented this little girl at the Amazing Things Giving Day parade with the cutest little gift. But then her response is hilarious, This is.
Speaker 3: Elliott, Hi, Elliot, today's your birthday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, happy birthday? And how old vin? And are you excited to see the Rockets? Well, guess what, Elliot, We've got a very special something for you. You've got a golden ticket. Now you get to see them the Radio City Musical rock Cats.
Speaker 4: Are you excited? I knew that yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yesterday you get to see him again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yay, Happy Birthdays.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, no, well, then guess what little Elliott you're not going to see then today we're gonna give him to say. That is the innocence of youth. They don't have that filter. A twenty year old would say, oh, that's so great. Thanks Al Roker, but a seven year old. I saw him yesterday. Yeah, I remember. I got a little kid, she's probably like four years old. I got her a telescope for her birthday.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I was like twenty five years old. I didn't know what a four year old girl wanted. So I got her a little telescope. She opened it up and she said, I.
Speaker 4: Don't like this.
Speaker 3: Wait, who is this?
Speaker 4: It was Julie's daughter. Okay, Julie had a four year old.
Speaker 2: Well she's got a grown daughter now, but she was four, and I was like, okay, I gotta buy her something for her birthday.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what to get her.
Speaker 2: I mean I should have got her a doll or a Barbie or a I don't know something. I got her a telescope, which, looking back at it was a really bad idea.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I mean, kids, obviously they don't really have filters, probably at that age, but still most kids don't say that.
Speaker 2: I don't like this, which hurt my feelings just a little bit, not because it hurt me, but because she.
Speaker 3: Didn't like it, yeah, you know, or something she wanted to.
Speaker 2: Get something she liked exactly, all right, it is KTIWB. We're gonna take a quick break, we're gonna come back and we're gonna do Christmas Wish.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna play a song? Okay, we're gonna play a song. We're gonna do Christmas Wish when we come right back. Christmas Wish goes from now until pretty much right up till Christmas. And if you know a family or a person in need, there are a lot of people who don't have like you know, they're not on you know, they're they're they're just kind of falling through the cracks and through no fault of their own, are just struggling to find, you know, extra money for whatever. And we want to do a Christmas Wish, and we'll do one coming up in a second on kg WD. We are going to start Christmas Wish here in a second, but we are actually when we do Christmas Wish, you know this, we do it live and we do it without a net, and most of the time it goes pretty well. You know, it's live radio. Sometimes people answer the phone, sometimes they don't answer the phone. Sometimes college muscle movers has to go over and knock on the door to get their attention, and right now we are having trouble getting a hold of the person who is supposed to come in to tell us about the wish. Now, I will tell you this. If they don't come in, I will do it without them, okay, because I mean, maybe they got maybe they overslept, maybe they've got a flu, maybe they've got some kind of a kid thing going on. But we will do the Christmas wish. Like I said, somehow we always figure out a way to make it.
Speaker 5: Work what we do.
Speaker 2: So that's coming up in a few seconds. Here, I'm talking to Mary. Mary is sitting here listening for Christmas wish and decided to call us.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 10: Mary, Hey, you you had while we're waiting for Christmas wish and we're kind of just giving him a few minutes here.
Speaker 2: Tell me what happened over the weekend, the awkward moment of Thanksgiving weekend?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I had come to know someone, so okay, I went home to Dayton for Thanksgiving. Beautiful up there, huh Yeah, and my cousin e Jay and his girlfriend announce that he proposed. Okay, we all taking brats. We're super excited for him, but it's not the first time he's been engaged. He was engaged to another girl maybe like a year and a half ago, but they called it off. They called it off the.
Speaker 5: Two months before the win that happened.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you know it's not the right one. Okay, So but now ej is engaged to his new girlfriend. They tell everybody, oh, that's great news, Yjay.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so yeah, yes, he brings this girl. We're all like, oh, another one, but we don't say anything.
Speaker 9: Everybody's cool, We're celebrating.
Speaker 10: Until like, maybe I don't know, fifteen minutes later, my aunt asked to see the ring. Yeah, and Ejay's new fiance starts launching this ring around the dinner table, and my grandma, who's a little scene, I all goes, that's the same ring you proposed to Amelia list oh no.
Speaker 4: Oh no, right in front of the new girl. Oh god.
Speaker 10: And Eja tries to change the subject. But then my Grandma's like, let' and fucket that again. Yeah that's Amelia's old ring.
Speaker 5: Grandma, please zip its.
Speaker 4: What are you doing? Did you crawl under the table and hide? What did you do? At this point, Mary, I.
Speaker 10: Mean I was kind of laughing. Everybody was like covering up their laugh.
Speaker 9: It was so awkward and it just she really she really biffed it. Uh my grandma, but you know, she's she's getting older and she is not all there.
Speaker 3: It was just so awkward after that.
Speaker 9: I don't I really don't know.
Speaker 2: Here's the question, though, Mary, what do you think is it okay to propose with an old ring that you used a couple of years ago?
Speaker 4: Is that okay?
Speaker 9: I feel if?
Speaker 10: I don't know, I really I'm torn a miss because it's a beautiful ring, right.
Speaker 5: I don't want to go to waste. I want to waste the money.
Speaker 4: I don't really have a problem with it. I mean, it didn't work out with the other girl.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess you should take it back to wedding day Diamonds and exchange it and get another one.
Speaker 6: Upset if somebody proposed to you with the ring that they proposed to their last you wouldn't know till Grandma told Yeah, if you found out on Grandma.
Speaker 3: I would be super upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I found out about it, sure, But if I didn't find out, no, I probably wouldn't care as long as I liked it.
Speaker 4: If you didn't find it, But if you found out. Would you care? I would you would care?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think that that like takes a lot of like the love that you have.
Speaker 5: It's not lazy. I wouldn't do it. But I don't think it's lazy because he did.
Speaker 11: Go look for the ring, just not for her. He looks he looked for a ring for somebody else. That's got somebody else's like juju all over it, I guess. But he's got what's the other girl's name, Amelia. Yeah, he's got got Amelia's juju all over it. They were engaged, she wore it, She sweated in that ring. They made love in that with that ring. I don't imagine that they made sweet, sweet loving with that.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 5: I don't think Mary does either.
Speaker 2: Mm So how did it end up? Did they just change the subject or did Grandma go take a nap for what happened?
Speaker 10: I mean, honestly, I felt like the new girl. I wasn't even.
Speaker 5: Sure she pieced it all together.
Speaker 10: It was awkward. My grandma does say a lot of things that are kind of off off the cuff, So I will have to like check back in with my family.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 10: I just I think that the girl was having trouble understanding. I think she knew he'd been engaged before, but I don't think she was.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine the car ride home, you know what I mean, the car ride home between EJ and his new fiance. Yeah, what now you were again? This is your ex fiance's ring.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: I can just see her sitting there in the passenger seat, arms folded, pissed off, staring out on the other side of the window. Don't talk to me.
Speaker 5: Well, here's a text message at five three nine two.
Speaker 6: One says no, no, no, no, no, at least reset it or something.
Speaker 2: Put it in a new setting, exactly him. Mary, Thanks for calling with your story. I appreciate it. Have a good day, big.
Speaker 4: I love what people call what their random man stories. I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, did we get a hold of our Christmas wish person?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in the middle of I think there's a miscommunication going on right now.
Speaker 4: But they're coming in tomorrow. They're gonna be here at noon.
Speaker 3: I think they Yeah, I'll tell you at a different time.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to play a song or do you want me to do the w P?
Speaker 3: Say a song quick and then we'll get in we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: A lot of moving parts on Christmas wish, and we don't mind because every year there's something that goes just a little bit haywire. But at the end of the whole thing, you we're helping somebody have a better holiday. And let me tell you, this person really deserve to have something good happen in their life indeed, and we'll do that next on KDWB