Speaker 1: We have new music.
Speaker 2: It's new Music Friday. It is a very very cold outside, but here inside the Space Needle Studio it is sizzling hot with brand new Harry Styles. Check this song out. It is called Aperture on KD WUB. You know what's amazing about that song is that it got on the radio. That's what's amazing. That's amazing. No, I don't, no, I don't. I thought the intro was a little long and it was kind of repetitive, but other than that, it's garbage. That's Harry Styles, brand new Harry Styles.
Speaker 3: I didn't mind it, but I don't think it's something that will end up playing.
Speaker 4: When I listened to it last night, I was like, is it a radio hit?
Speaker 5: Dave does have the ears?
Speaker 2: It's it sounds like the background of a bad video game, like the background of Tetris.
Speaker 1: If they remade Tetris great video games.
Speaker 6: That is a great comparison, though, like you said, they're playing Tetris.
Speaker 7: Just no, mom, I'm not doing the.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of the time though, you know, the first couple of minutes of that song, I wasn't crazy about it. Yeah, but the more I listened then I really hated it. No, it's I'm just having fun, you know. I told Bailey, I said, in all seriousness, it could be one of those songs that grows on you and after a few listens, you go, God, that song is addictive. That's catchy a f I don't know that that will happen, but you know, that's the fun about new music. It's like trying a new restaurant, exactly, trying to restaurant. You're like, oh man, this is my new favorite place. I could be like that one and done.
Speaker 3: Or maybe he's introducing the weirdest song off the new album first.
Speaker 2: Well it is the new LSD theme song. Yes, so if you are doing LSD, which nobody really does anymore, but I think he's trying to bring it back.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Jenny and I both agreed that we felt like drunk in the club. Listening to that song is like swaying back and forth. Yeah, kind of wedding.
Speaker 4: And who's this man grinding up behind me? I don't know, but that's all right.
Speaker 5: The bathroom. Hey, I love you, No, I love you.
Speaker 1: I love yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll say one thing about that song. Yeah, it's too long.
Speaker 6: It is, somebody said, somebody texted and said, I hope he didn't spend a lot of time on this song.
Speaker 5: It's terrible. Oh man, you know it's kind of you to be honest.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that's I think Rich is out of town, so I can probably get away with it. Rich is probably listening right now, going by positive about the music.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I'll bet Rich right now is going, Oh God, play some Taylor Swift. Okay, we'll be right back. It's Friday, it's cold outside. We're in kind of a funny mood. I got a little bit of a tilan ol PM hangover, so I don't quite know what I'm saying. And we'll be back with more more magic on The Dave Ryan Show on Katie w TV.
Speaker 5: We're streaming live on YouTube. Just search Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 2: Okay, go find us on YouTube d r TV. Maybe school is closed today, Maybe you're not going to work today, Sit around, have a little cup of coffee and watch the show.
Speaker 5: That sounds so cool. Yeah, that does sound lovely.
Speaker 1: It's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: It is minus twenty two outside and it is only going to get to minus nine for a heide day.
Speaker 1: I think tomorrow is.
Speaker 2: A little bit warmer, but still a great weekend to stay inside. Make some something in the most chicken wild rice soup in the crock pod, chilling in the crockpot.
Speaker 3: Make like macaroni and cheese, like like Felvita oh Man, and just let it such a spottom of your stomach.
Speaker 1: It's a simple things.
Speaker 5: Squiz can hey, ell least she can make something? Okay, make that make me a hitch. I'm not going to, but I can't.
Speaker 3: I always pay attention to the feels like so, yes, it's nag, you're twenty two, but it feels like negative forty negative forty, yeah, because that's like the windshell.
Speaker 2: I had to get Bernie dressed up last night. He's my dog, and he would go outside, but then he would lift his paws up in the air because they were cold, so it was likely to get him suited up. You gotta put the booties on him. And he's such a sweet soul of a dog. He'll let you do anything. You could pick him up and cradle him like a baby, and he's probably a forty pound dog. You lift his little paws up and he cooperates, and he just stands there. Put his little jacket on. He cooperates, and he goes outside and he happily goes back and forth. But he wouldn't He wouldn't do it unless I suited him up last night and again this morning. Yeah, so be careful with your pets. Don't forget that they are outside, or your partner. He might be outside too, he might.
Speaker 5: Did you see the picture I sent you guys with my puppy Ava, h?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 6: I took the picture we put on. She can't keep her boots on, her little snow boots. So if you go to her Instagram, it's Ava Girley Alyssa. My girlfriend found just the super skinny small socks. I don't even know why Alyssa has them, but we like tied him up and put him on Ava. They flopped off immediately, but she looks so cute it hes on and then her little pink coat.
Speaker 5: Her little legg warmers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, my dog is cute too. It's on my Instagram story.
Speaker 6: He's surprised that Bernie's only like forty pounds Ava's.
Speaker 5: I feel like.
Speaker 6: Bernie's bigger than Ava, but Ava has to be at least fifty pounds.
Speaker 2: Den she's dense. Yeah, some dogs are just d you get like a pit bull. Of those things are dense.
Speaker 5: I have a cat.
Speaker 2: That's great, great, great, great story. Speaking of stories, I was chatting on the phone with Jackie and Jackie and I were chatting off the air a second ago, Jackie, tell everybody, because I want to share your story with everybody who's listening to the show. Jackie, go ahead and tell me about this thing that your husband wants to do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he wants to buy an old church and renovate it and then have us all move into it.
Speaker 5: Okay, like a house.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like a house. Some people will get like all crazy, you're like a shipping container. Well, he's gotten dictated on churches.
Speaker 5: Well, I've seen some like that.
Speaker 3: They have like a church that's you know, listed as a place that you can buy and have as a home, not just a church.
Speaker 5: I've seen that before me too. So is that what that's what he saw? I've never seen that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he'saw on social media.
Speaker 2: Okay, so is he Let me ask you this question first of all, first important question is he handy? Is he able to renovate? Is he is he capable of doing that? Because that's going to be a boatload of work.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's not that he ch it's just he's not very practiced.
Speaker 9: So I know if he does it by himself, it's just gonna take him like a really long time. And then also on the flip side, he feels like you can't.
Speaker 10: Then like we're gonna have to be paying contractors, like it's practical.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about living in a church though, because I've seen some of those videos too where they take an old church, because you know church is you know, every goes to the megachurch now. Yeah, so all the little neighbor the neighborhood churches that used to have a congregation of like seventy five or one hundred, a lot of them have like had to close up shop. There's one down in Shokapy, little Catholic church. I think that they turned into a nail salon or a tip temp agency.
Speaker 3: And so I've been seeing them, yeah, being like turned into not retail.
Speaker 2: But uh, Holmes, Yeah, let's say that he renovates this and it's beautiful and whatever. You don't want to why don't you want to live in a church?
Speaker 9: Okay, So the first thing but I'm I've been saying even to him, is just like, uh, funerals girls, Yeah.
Speaker 2: All the dead people that have been rolled up and down the middle of your living room.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 9: But yeah, exactly, And I don't need my kids saying that they see dead people, you know, Like like I just every time i'd be like cooking dinner or relaxing on the couch, like all that stuff, I would be thinking about all the people that have had funerals there.
Speaker 2: Well, there's all kinds of goat not ghosts, but but things that have happened in a church. Yeah, there's the weddings, there's the prayers, there's the memorials, baptisms, things like that. Yeah, all of the things that are there. And it is kind of like, you know, you move into somebody's house and it's like, oh, yeah, I don't know these people. I don't know what's happened here. I mean, they could have been, like you know, members of a horrible cult and I wouldn't know anything about it. But in the church, I mean, but it's mostly positive stuff. It's happened in a church, right.
Speaker 3: Even a funeral, Like it's not like they're fire and brimstone at the funeral. They're usually like let's remember the nice things. So I thought things are nice.
Speaker 9: You know those people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's valid.
Speaker 2: Didn't you say that he wants to make an offer on this today.
Speaker 10: That's why I called to say, you know what I'm saying, because he dragged me this church like literally today, like well yesterday he went Yesterday. I was like, where are we going? And then he was like, oh, I found I found a church. Up until this point, I thought he was just like talking, you know what I mean, Like it wasn't serious. It was just like a.
Speaker 8: Day dreamy thing.
Speaker 9: And but now we're like at this church that's for sale and he's like I love the bones and I'm like, what are.
Speaker 4: The bone bone the bones talking about?
Speaker 10: And then he's like, honey, I want to.
Speaker 9: Make an offer today. Like like you know, this is yesterday.
Speaker 10: It was like I want to make an offer tomorrow. And now I'm like I couldn't sleep last night thinking about this, Like what is he going to wake up and do today?
Speaker 2: I mean, I've seen some of these it's like that, you know, you get the stained class windows. There's the stained class windows that are still in the in the church, and but it totally looks it's a it's a big space though I mean, if you like a big space. A lot of people like little cozier spaces. If you're in a church, you've got a big space.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 4: I've seen online people like creating lofts and that kind of vibe inside of a church. Yeah, and I do think that the ones I've seen on like TikTok or whatever, they look so cool if they are renovated properly. However, I'm on your side. I wouldn't want to live in an old church. Oh my god, Jenny, because of the same reason she said, like everything that's happened there, and like it's not like I care about I like, totally respect people practicing religion, but for me, it just would be a weird feeling to be in a church.
Speaker 5: See, I wouldn't think about that at all.
Speaker 3: I would be thinking about the beautiful stained glass, the high ceilings, like the vaulted ceilings, and yeah, as as she said, the bones, I'd be thinking about the bones of the structure and how beautiful it was.
Speaker 6: I don't know why. It just seems unpractical to me. I've never heard of that up until this point. And now you're like, I'm here, you're telling me about and I'm like, now that we've talked about it, AGITHM.
Speaker 1: It's gonna show up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw one last week.
Speaker 2: It was like the I remember the stained glass, and it was like it didn't even look like the same, you know, you could see the walls in the corners were kind of the same. So we're talking to somebody who Jackie, her husband wants to make an offer on a church and renovate it. My concern is that he's not handy. This is my concern is that you're going to move into it. He'll remove the pews and he'll never really get any farther than removing the pews, which will be shoved up against the wall. And that's as far as you're gonna have to sleep on a pew. Do you think you can sleep.
Speaker 1: On a pew? No?
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of a lot of comments about this, Jackie.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: This text says I have a friend who did this is the coolest house, tons of space for people. They have two families living together to save money because there's so much base. But yeah, you got to be willing to do the work. Another one says, my stepsister bought an old church and turn it into a bar.
Speaker 13: There's one like in Northfield. It's like a brewery. That makes a little more sense to me, though. A bar is a business, not the place of your residence, right, Yeah, I guess I don't know. I think it sounds so cool.
Speaker 2: Here's another one says there's one a church in white Bear Lake. They couldn't sell it once they wanted to move, so they bought it, renovated it, and then they couldn't sell it because you know, the market for people who want to live in an old church with a steeple on your roof is probably kind of small.
Speaker 5: A lot to pitch it.
Speaker 4: To your husband is like the resale on this is going to be really hard. Like you're gonna put so much money and effort into it and work and labor, and then what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: We're gonna like lose money if we sell.
Speaker 2: You get a vote. That's the thing about a marriage, it's a partnership. You get a vote and if one person vehemently you have to agree on things, and if you don't agree on it, and I think you automatically win. Because this is a this is not like you know, should we watch this on the ord? This this is a major life thing where you're gonna spend a lot of money and move to a church and spend years or months renovating it. I say, you get to say and if you're if you're not into it, then he's got to comply with that.
Speaker 1: Don't you guys think?
Speaker 5: Yes? I agree.
Speaker 4: This is exactly what you said. This is a big decision. It involves both of your money, like finances all that.
Speaker 2: And I would say the same thing if you wanted to buy and renovate the church. If your husband's like, no, I really don't want to, well, then guess what I think. Then he wins because this is a big deal. Well, I mean somebody will be like, hey, guess what. I bought a new rowing machine without telling you, and you'll bicker a little bit, But it's a four hundred dollars rowing machine. This is a hundreds of thousands of dollars church.
Speaker 5: Have you prayed about it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Stop it?
Speaker 2: Okay, talk to God. You know what we could do, Jackie, I got your phone number. We can call you on Monday and see whether you ended up buying the church or not.
Speaker 1: I don't think she's.
Speaker 6: Going to Yeah, she doesn't seem like she wants to wist her husband's situation.
Speaker 5: I think it would be fun to live at a church.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess somebody said that they renovated an old funeral home. No, yeah, they said, my cousin renovated and lived in an old funeral home. The basement was creepy. If you know that place is haunted, you know you're gonna wake up in the middle of the night. There's gonna be some guy in black, shadowy figure at the foot of your bed gesturing with his finger like come with me.
Speaker 3: And all that happens in a funeral home is crying. I don't want to live in a place where people cry all the time. Absolutely not, that's true. Hey, Jackie, can we call you on Monday?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Why not?
Speaker 2: Okay, a good luck, Jackie. I think you win this one. I don't think that. You know, if if your partner wants to move and you don't want to move, whether it's a church or a mobile home or a tiny house, you get to say, unless you're me, which you don't get to say.
Speaker 1: You just do what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: One on KDB, they were talking about the Academy of War dominees yesterday and basically one battle after another and sinners are the big front runners. The Academy Awards come up, hosted by Conan O'Brien.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be I.
Speaker 2: Think in Mars fiction sometimes that right March fifteenth. So, and some of the nominees are f one, Frankenstein, Hamnet, Marty Supreme, one battle after another, train dreams. A lot of them, Like most Academy Award nominees. You've heard of three of them. The rest of them are like, yo, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Dylan Efron is Zach Efron's brother, and he recently has taken aside and the whole mom drama was like Ashley Tisdale, Hillary Duff, all those people.
Speaker 5: So here he is talking about it.
Speaker 14: I tried to stay out of that, so I don't know too much. All I know is actually, like since I was a kid, she's been so sweet to me, so I can't envision her doing anything malicious to the Mom group. So hopefully it's just a misunderstanding. I honestly don't know what's going on though.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it sounds like he doesn't believe that Ashley is the person in the wrong.
Speaker 3: We're announcing it, Harry Style, this is global residency tour, and that's gonna be thirty nights at Madison Square Garden, and so it's very exciting for him. And uh, here's here's who's at Steve Kernaki. I think he's a journalist. He's announcing it.
Speaker 15: This is gonna run through October thirty first, Halloween, right, so this is going to include on October thirty first, and I believe, if I'm seeing this correctly, here on October thirtieth as well.
Speaker 5: They're gonna call that Harry Ween.
Speaker 1: Please don't call it really Harry. I support it, do not call it that.
Speaker 3: So if you want to go, general sales begin one week from today on January thirty. How many dates did you say he was gonna have thirty thirty mad Arden? Because I saw him release the tour dates of the other places he's happened.
Speaker 5: Is he doing that many at all these places?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, yeah, those.
Speaker 6: Are like ones international shows like London, Amsterdam. They're not even like Chicago, Philly and things like that. I saw this thing online. It was somebody about the Harry Styles. They said on Popular Opinion. But I hate this residence type because it basically shifts the cost of travel for the fans that used to be artists trying to get to as many fans as possible. Now we have to spend extra money on flights and hotels if we want to see the show.
Speaker 4: And then you deal with people who like Adele canceled the beginning of her residency in Vegas, Kelly Clarkson and all these people have booked all this stuff and then they don't get to see the person.
Speaker 5: Oh, I agree with.
Speaker 6: That, but I mean it's usually for one reason or another, Like Kelly Clarkson was, I mean, she was going through some stuff her ex husband passed away, But I don't know. Uh, they got to figure it out at Jimmy Fallons. So somebody clocked that he has told the same exact joke four times over the past couple of months.
Speaker 15: It was so cold in New York City this morning walking to work, I saw Wall Street stockbroker spooning with Zorn Mandani.
Speaker 2: The funny the recording goes on to play it three more times. The thing is, I don't really get the joke.
Speaker 1: That's well, yeah, I know it's the new mayor.
Speaker 2: I get that. I just don't really get the joke right. Why did they think it was funny enough. I bet Jimmy's buddies with the new mayor, and the mayor didn't hear it the first time. Jimmy's like, I'll tell it again to and he didn't hear it that night because he was like, you know, taking the dog for a walk. Yeah, I'll tell it again tomorrow night. And then finally you heard it.
Speaker 6: That'd be even crazier if it was throughout the same exact week, Oh geez.
Speaker 2: Not just over the course for the month NFL playoff games. This weekend, you had a reason stay inside and watch a couple of big games. Broncos versus Patriots that Sunday at two o'clock our time. The Broncos are five and a half point underdogs because bow Nicks broke his ankle, and then the Rams and Seahawks. I don't care who wins that one, but I'll probably lean toward the Seahawks because I just it's just teams that I don't care about. I don't dislike either of the teams. I just don't care. That game is Sunday at five point thirty here in the Twin cities.
Speaker 4: TikTok experience might be a little bit different this weekend if you're spending a lot of time scrolling, which you probably will because you'll be staying inside because the US did take over control of TikTok and the new US approved algorithm needs time to learn your preferences. I did hop on last night to see if mine was still sort of my algorithm, and I felt like it was, so maybe it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Change more over the weekend. Time mainly got my algorithm watching plane crash videos. Yeah, all the time, and I gotta play. I gotta play with mine until I get the cats doing a marching band while the woman's in sleeping. They're so funny. The woman's like out on the front porch going put that player on that down. It's two o'clock in the morning, so funny. All right, that is it for the dirt and we're gonna get right into No Phone Screener Friday, KATIWB.
Speaker 1: Let's get you on the.
Speaker 2: Radio to talk about whatever you want to talk about on No Phone Screener Friday. You call us at six five, one, nine eight nine KTWB. It's also Fresh Meat Friday, which means we encourage first time callers. If you've been on before, Love You, Love You, have you back, But we're encouraging you. If you've never called for no phone screen or Friday. Maybe you want to talk about the cold. Maybe you want to talk about how long you plan to live here before you get out of here and move to Florida. Maybe you want to talk about what you're doing this weekend or what you don't want to do this weekend, what you had planned this weekend you can no longer do. Maybe you want to ask Bailey, where'd you get that sweater? Maybe you saw it on YouTube, like, where'd you get that sweater? Thank you Goodwill?
Speaker 1: Did you really get a good rob?
Speaker 5: Mushrooms? They are a little cute mushrooms on it. I thought it was something different, I mean so adorable. Yes you are are.
Speaker 2: Whatever you want to talk about call us at six five one nine eight nine KDWB and it's fresh Meat Friday. So we encourage you if you've never called before to call in. And there are a couple of simple, simple rules. There's no swearing, of course, no shout outs. We do shout outs another time. Love those you've got to be at least sixteen years old to be on no phone screen or Friday, no politics, and no shouting out your business or your Instagram. Is there anything else that you go to be sixteen year older? I think you said that, or if you break any of those rules, you'll hear and then we will hang up. So that's part of the drill. No phone screen or Friday.
Speaker 5: You also know if you have fresh meat too, like tell us, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, fresh meat Friday, KDWB, no phone screen Friday six five one nine eight nine kt wou'd be you're live on the radio.
Speaker 1: We don't know what you're calling about.
Speaker 2: If you do call, keep it ringing because we won't answer it until we put you on the radio.
Speaker 1: Hi, who's this what's your name?
Speaker 12: It is Juanita, good morning?
Speaker 5: Hey girl.
Speaker 2: We just said the fresh meat Friday. But we love you anyway. What's going on?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 8: I have a stir the pot?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 12: People who put Anchoby's on pizza should go to jail.
Speaker 2: Lock me up, them up, Lock me up because I do. I don't love that every time, but just once in a while. You know, I've never tried it. Some people don't like them. No, they're really good. I love anything fishy.
Speaker 9: I just today years old until I found out that anchovey's ask a little fish.
Speaker 1: But why would you want fish on your pizza?
Speaker 5: That's step girl.
Speaker 2: Same you want lobstering your mac and cheese because it's just a little taste treat. What did you think an anchoby was a fruit?
Speaker 1: I don't know, like a fruit or a beat or something. I don't know, a beet. I thought the same thing.
Speaker 2: I never I thought an anchovy was a nut for years and years and years. Well, when I was like twenty years old, I have no idea. It's like, oh, a nut. Oh it's a it's a it's a very strong salty fish. Yes, I guess it does have a Do you like sardines?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Okay doos? Why would you like sardines?
Speaker 1: Sardines?
Speaker 5: She was thinking art to choke, anchovy and artichoke.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought. Yeah, same thing? What else? Money?
Speaker 12: Know?
Speaker 1: What's you doing this weekend?
Speaker 15: Sound?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have a good weekend? One need? I love you? Bye? No phone screen for Friday.
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 11: Mollie?
Speaker 1: Molly? What's up?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 8: I am glad you answered. I tried last week, but my husband kept calling while I was on hold.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I know husband's husbands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 9: I wanted to know what animal you guys think you would each see if you were any.
Speaker 1: Animal mine go, Bailey.
Speaker 3: I would be a duck, but I want to be one of those like storybook ducks that's like a white one with the orange beak that wattles everywhere and maybe wears a bonnet.
Speaker 5: I would be one of those ducks. Oh my god, don't hate that the best answer?
Speaker 1: Best answer, I don't. I don't have an answer.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say probably a monkey because of the climbing and swinging from tree to tree and picking ticks off your friends would be the best part anything, Jenny.
Speaker 5: I would probably be what is a what's a nice bird?
Speaker 1: Dave?
Speaker 5: Are blue? Blue jays are kind of jerks?
Speaker 1: Blue jays are mean predator, predator.
Speaker 5: Cardinal or something.
Speaker 4: I would probably be a bird so that I could just like hover around all over the place. But mostly I could just like travel to different places all the time because I have wings that I can fly.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Nice, But I'm choosing a bear just because I love all different cartoon bears.
Speaker 5: We need the poo fozzy bear, so I'm gonna be a bear.
Speaker 2: Good answer, all right, thank you? No phone screen or Friday six five one nine eight nine KWB.
Speaker 1: Hello, who's this John? What's up? John?
Speaker 10: I just wanted to let one need to know that caesar.
Speaker 12: Dressing actually has anchovy pasting.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to know. John. First of all, are your fresh meat? John? I am not. I've called. I appreciate that. Uh yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you really want to spice up your caesar salad, ask him to load it up with Anchoby's. And they always kind to look at you like, are you sure? Do you like anchoby Sean?
Speaker 8: I do on certain things salad.
Speaker 2: Caesar salad, wonderful pizza. Occasionally, Thank you, John, appreciate you.
Speaker 6: I saw the other day some guy everybody forgot his birthday, so he ordered a pizza for himself and asked for all the black olives that he could ever ask for, like, just do it until you're not allowed, and they they did it and it looked disgusting, but happy birthday him.
Speaker 2: With everything in moderation. That's crazy. No phone screen for Friday.
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 12: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hi? You're on?
Speaker 16: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 16: Alyssa?
Speaker 5: What's that Melissa, I am fresh meat.
Speaker 1: Fresh meat. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: We love it.
Speaker 16: I'm just finishing a swallower night shift, headed home.
Speaker 5: WHOA twelve hours? Are your nurse?
Speaker 9: Two hours?
Speaker 5: Yes? Okay?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 5: Thanks for what you do, Thanks for your serviciate you.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you wanted to bring up?
Speaker 16: I have listened to you guys forever, like longer than I care to admit, because that means I'm really old. But my only beef is this commercial that plays in recent times that makes me like instant cringe, want to turn the radio down.
Speaker 5: She says it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, which one is?
Speaker 5: Let's see it.
Speaker 6: If you get into one accident, big or small, you gotta call the.
Speaker 5: Dogs at top COG. Is it that one?
Speaker 16: Thank you, Instant, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you why I love that commercial because you remember it. If it was just like hello, this is Harold from Harold and Company Law. See us for any auto accident, big or small, call us at one eight hundred Harold Law, you wouldn't remember it. But Top Dog Law not only do you remember it, but it sticks in your brain. You know the number and they change it up.
Speaker 1: I'll give you the one.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the commercial that drives me nuts. It's like, oh, so you're a ride share writer. Yeah, I really like it. I like your car headed to the airport, are you yeah? That's right. How much do you make as a ride share writer?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I save a lot on the gas app. Yes, I get free gas. Does that add up? It sure does. Sometimes I make up to five hundred dollars a year. That's the way. It's a good product. Yeah, the Holy Jesus. Update your copy. Yeah, update your copy period.
Speaker 4: Dave has such an amazing talent because he can just recite that entire commercial. But if I'm speaking to him during a commercial break, yeah, I'm completely toned out, Like he has no idea. I've spoken words to him. But yeah, you can remember that entire commercial. Well I've heard that radio.
Speaker 1: I've heard the commercials.
Speaker 2: Seriously, they've had the same copy for for like three years. Headed to the airport? Are you yeah? You like your job as a ride your driver?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I really really enjoy it. The first of all, the acting is terrible. The product is great. I got nothing against the product. Update you're flipping copy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, set.
Speaker 1: Here's here's another one. I was on the five a m bus.
Speaker 2: I don't know the one about the tape.
Speaker 5: With a cent a sent so good that something something. Yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: I don't listen to any of the commercials you guys about me before because of like Dave repeating that I missed.
Speaker 5: My favorite one is downy, rinse and refresh. It's a dream that's mine.
Speaker 1: I love the update you're flipping. Copy yeah, or.
Speaker 5: Hire us to be your endorser.
Speaker 4: Copy constantly every single day?
Speaker 2: All right, no phone screen or Friday? You're up next? What's your name?
Speaker 9: Hey, it's Suta.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 8: Nothing much. I just wanted to say, Uh. I think it was like two years ago I called on Vaunt show for his feel good Friday. I believe it was okay whenever i'd gotten a new job. Well, today is the was just my last shift at my job and I start a new one on Monday.
Speaker 1: Are you excited about your new job?
Speaker 8: I am so excited because I will be going to day shift for the first time in two years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you work like third shift before?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've been doing it for the last two years, and I would do it here and there whenever I worked at bed, bath, and beyond for like inventory and stuff. Okay, you're straight of overnight stocky.
Speaker 1: I will tell you.
Speaker 2: I used to work all night radio shows, and man it it it plays with your life in every possible way.
Speaker 1: I was tired all the time.
Speaker 2: I used to drive into work at about midnight, and I would look at these dark houses as I drove in and go. I'd love to just walk in there and lay down on their couch. All those people are sleeping sound in their beds.
Speaker 1: I wish I could sleep in there.
Speaker 5: I think, look at that house. If that house is mine, i'd be home right now.
Speaker 1: Have a good weekend.
Speaker 14: Yes, last day, all right, no phone screen for Friday.
Speaker 1: Hello, Katie w B. What's your name? Brandy? What's up? Turn your radio down? Randy, and I want to hear what you got to say.
Speaker 12: Hey, I just uh oh, I'm a garbish man in the North Twin Cities, and I just wanted to say I'm sick and tired of people putting their recycling bins next to their trash bin.
Speaker 1: Oh what should we do? What should what do?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Yeah, So it's just like people.
Speaker 7: It's very annoying because like I when I when I uh, when I hit the recycling bin, I gotta go pick it all and oh like, oh my gosh, and then I gotta do it eight hundred times and if just makes my day longer.
Speaker 5: Put it on the other side of the driveway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, I never knew that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Randy, and you changed lives today. No phone screen or Friday.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 5: I love you my kids? That's so sweet?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, all right? Hi Katie b B. Thanks for waiting so long. You're on the radio. What's your name?
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, I'm Stephanie.
Speaker 5: Hi you fresh meat. You sound so excited.
Speaker 9: No, I'm not, but I do want to talk about something, Okay, okay, okay. So everything that's going on in the world today.
Speaker 11: I don't have social media, I don't watch the news. The only information I have about everything that's going on or what I'm like in tunes with comes from the Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Oh then you're not getting anything.
Speaker 16: Going on the day, sing you guys. You guys are gonna have to help me out.
Speaker 8: A little bit more.
Speaker 6: You don't know about the state of the world, but you know about tap in the upside Appa, Well, thank.
Speaker 5: You appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The the current events of today is Dave was cold this morning his dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also I have a little bit of a Tilan all PM hangover because I've never taken anything as a sleep a before in my life. I tried it last night. It was glorious. That's what's on my radar Tailant all PM.
Speaker 4: I have a colon pill hangover, and I might be jetting off to the bathroom steam.
Speaker 1: Literally jetting self propelled.
Speaker 4: Ye took some colon pills and I'm not feeling the greatest was it?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: Stephanie? Yeah, thank you for calling. I'm glad you got through. No phone screen you Friday? You're up next?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 17: This is your friend cap.
Speaker 1: I can't what's up?
Speaker 9: I just want to make sure that you're going to stop taking.
Speaker 17: The tailand all PM first of all, and go.
Speaker 2: Get you some beautiful unison. Why should I stop taking Thailand all PM?
Speaker 17: Well, Taylan O'PM has a particular ingredient in it that can cause memory loss. I took it for years.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. What was your name again?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 5: Keep going.
Speaker 17: I took it for years and I have memory loss now. And I went to a neurologist to make sure that I didn't have dementia like my mom and my.
Speaker 5: Mother's mother make sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, So I just want to make sure that you're going to stop and go get the unisom if you have trouble.
Speaker 2: Sweepy, you know when I might try that because seriously, but causes memory loss.
Speaker 1: My memory is already, bess.
Speaker 5: Why just go back to your old way. He's drinking booze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it turns out that's bad for you. Also, everything, Why is it kat that everything that we love is bad for is? Why did God make it such? He thought it was a funny bit. He's up there and he's planning. He's lying on the sixth day, and he's planning things that we'd love. And he's like, okay, well what about summer sausage? Yeah, let's make it bad for you. Okay, that's a good bit. He writes it down. What about what about blocks of cheese?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Those are good. Well, let's make it bad.
Speaker 2: Write that down, Jenny, Write that down, Jesus, he said, write it down, Jesus. Cheese is delicious but bad for you. What about Kale? Says Jesus, And God's like, hmm, Kale tastes like dog poop.
Speaker 1: Let's make it good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, God, God has a sense of humor.
Speaker 5: He does does does.
Speaker 1: Persent the art park, the ard park.
Speaker 2: Seriously, the platypuso to prove that God had a sense of humor.
Speaker 1: Look at a platypus.
Speaker 5: Look at your face.
Speaker 2: You can't have a good weekend. May you want to do one more?
Speaker 1: You done this till ten? No phone screen for Friday. The phone number is six.
Speaker 2: Five one nine nine k W be on the air, not screening phone calls.
Speaker 1: What's your name? You're up next?
Speaker 12: What's up?
Speaker 8: This is Katie? Good morning, my morning friend.
Speaker 5: Katie who won a trip to see Sabrina Carpenter. No, I went, she sounded like the Katie that I want that. Okay, are you fresh meeting?
Speaker 11: This is frostmate, Katie, I'm the calling.
Speaker 10: I gotta tell you.
Speaker 11: Guys, So, I've been listening to you for over thirty years. Dave, You're one of my best morning friends.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 11: But hey, So, a couple of years ago, I was talking with some friends about some of the characters you guys have had on the radio over the years, and he started talking about Hiram, and I'm like, no. What it took me till I was like in my forties to realize and think that Hiram would be pretty sure was Dave. And but I called in this morning until Dave could tell me if I can sleep.
Speaker 1: That night, Tave, Dave, what so he can?
Speaker 12: She?
Speaker 5: You can tell her so she can wants.
Speaker 1: To totally different guy. No, totally totally different guy. Totally different guys.
Speaker 5: It's a different guy.
Speaker 4: Wait, I feel like I heard Hiram just walk in.
Speaker 5: Hiram, is he here trying to sleep?
Speaker 15: Leave me alone?
Speaker 5: I'm trying to sleep over here. Have you been sleeping here this whole time? I've been sleeping with your mama, this whole crazy man?
Speaker 17: Do I it.
Speaker 1: From Bailey's mom?
Speaker 13: She's covered in sores, my mother.
Speaker 5: And so uzy, wow, and go back to sleep.
Speaker 13: Somebody, somebody I'm coming wrong, man.
Speaker 5: She's probably listening.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That wasn't me, that was that was high.
Speaker 5: He just happened to be here.
Speaker 2: He sleeps in the janitor's closet sep for thirty years.
Speaker 5: We cannot do this bit on any other day of the week.
Speaker 1: No, thank you, Katie, let's wrap it up there.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's a good place to stop on No on screen for Friday.
Speaker 1: So cold.
Speaker 2: I saw a dog frozen to a tree, which was really I was amazing, were just frozen to a tree?
Speaker 5: Was it one of the exploding trees?
Speaker 12: Just go?
Speaker 2: Let the joke just sit there, like, I thought that so cold that I saw a dog frozen to a fire hydrant?
Speaker 1: Nothing nothing from you guys.
Speaker 3: You told us to wait. I thought, there's a chuckle, isn't there more? I thought, isn't that the setup?
Speaker 2: No, that's the pumps line. It's so cold. I saw a dog frozen to a frire.
Speaker 5: Hydrant on those things and they got and.
Speaker 1: You guys are the worst audience ever was.
Speaker 5: A fire hydrant?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 4: Because I didn't really understand where you're going with the tree.
Speaker 5: I thought you were just saying like he was frozen to the tree. But then, Jenny, what did you say about the tree? I said it was it one of the exploding trees? YEA, so cold?
Speaker 2: I saw it's so cold. I saw a politician with her hands in her own pockets. No, that's a good joke. That's a good joke. You guys just don't. You're the worst audience ever. I need a laugh track. I need the Disney Channel laugh track. You need to tell a funny joke first.
Speaker 4: Do you want me to find the snorting lady? We haven't played her in a long time.
Speaker 5: No, it's okay, all right, a better joke. I can give you a give me.
Speaker 1: A better joke. Then it is cold outside though.
Speaker 5: Okay. How did one of the blueberries go missing?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 5: It was a strawberry?
Speaker 1: Strawberry? What is that?
Speaker 5: Drake?
Speaker 12: Wow? Drake?
Speaker 5: Drake laughing from the abyss?
Speaker 6: So good, Bailey, Dave.
Speaker 5: Why was the banana having a bad day?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It was a Sunday Sunday then?
Speaker 5: And Drake loved that one.
Speaker 1: So good, Bailey, you got one more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really getting tired of these people coming to my door telling me I need to be saved or I'll burn.
Speaker 5: I think they're called fireman.
Speaker 1: What does that laught?
Speaker 5: It's literally dream, it's actually Drake, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Where'd that come from listening to this show? That's for sure?
Speaker 3: Did I tell you that my dad has a DeLorean? No, he drives it from time to time. What website are you on? I'm on my notes app Bailey Originals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting a shout out to Diego Bastidas on his birthday, hugged everybody at katib to be love Yvonne from Cynthia. Yeah, and let's get we got stood up today. Everything's closed today. People are not going to school, a lot of people aren't going to work, a lot of people just cibernated home. It is now exactly minus twenty two, which is just an ungodly temperature that feels like temperature is probably like forty five degrees below zero. So we even it was even too cold for our pros and cons versus argument to happen today. So Bailey and I are going to do this hard else. So what you are an aisle person.
Speaker 5: I'm a windows person and this is on a plane.
Speaker 2: Okay, on an airplane. So I'll let you go first, Bailey, go ahead, please.
Speaker 3: So I'm an aisle seat person, and let me tell you why. First of all, unrestricted movement. So when you're on the aisle seat, you can get up, you can walk around, use the restroom at any time. You never have to ask anyone sitting next to you to move. And you also, like if there's not anyone walking up and down the aisle. You can kind of stretch your leg a little bit into like kind.
Speaker 5: Of the front corner of the seat in front of you, which is lovely.
Speaker 3: So that extra leg room, that comfort, you can't beat that in the aisle seat. Other than that faster disembarking. You can get to the overhead compartment really fast when you're on the aisle. But a bing, but a boom, You got your bag, You're out the door, versus the person the schmuck by the window who has to wait and then with their head tilted to the side because they're standing up being impatient. Okay, Not only that reduced claustrophobia, because honestly, me looking out the window not just reduce claustrophobia, because I feel.
Speaker 5: Like I have more room on the aisle and not in the middle seat.
Speaker 3: But the window you can see how close you are to the ground in case the plane goes down and crashes.
Speaker 5: I don't need to see that.
Speaker 3: I don't need the what is it the UV rays of the sun beaten on my face.
Speaker 5: Now I'm good.
Speaker 3: I will sit in the aisle seat and that's where I will say thank you that is my time.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good. There's some good arguments in there, but I'm gonna go ahead and take window. Okay, First of all, who doesn't want a window? Would you like a house without a window, Would you like an office.
Speaker 1: Without a window?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: We love windows. God created windows so we could look out at things. What's the most glorious thing that you really kind of have to wrap your mind of. You are six miles above the earth looking at something that millennia of humans never got to see. They never got to see a stadium with the tar Get logo painted on the roof. They never got to see corn fields that look like blankets woven together, patches of quilt. It's beautiful, rivers, lakes, oceans from the air. We love a window. And a great thing about a window, whoop, it closes. When you're done, you close the window. You control the light and the dark. The other people they can't reach over and close or open your window. You can. Also, there's a wall which equals privacy. On one side, you have complete privacy. You can do whatever you want on that side of your window, on that side of the chair. Yeah, but if you're in the middle of the aisle, you have no privacy, you're exposed. Also, leaning if you are able to lean against the window and go to sleep, that's glorious. You don't have anything to lean on if you're on the aisle. And finally, if you're in a plane crash, you're more likely to be blown clear of the wreckage. So let's say you fly into a mountain side and the plane shatters into pieces. You'll be blown clear of the wreckage, landing on some soft juniper tree while everybody else perishes while screaming while being burned to death.
Speaker 5: Well what if?
Speaker 3: What if we crash into the ocean though I'm closest to the luggage, so I can get on top of the luggage and float.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think that that's what would happen, necessarily, have a plan crash. I think that's what happened. I've seen.
Speaker 2: You're right about that. Yeah, you can float on the luggage.
Speaker 5: Yeah happened and lost? Yeah, well set.
Speaker 1: Okay. I never cried more over a volleyball. I get it. It was sad, wasn't it. It was like, Oh God, he's so sad. Friend, that's his friend.
Speaker 2: He's gonna drown frozen cons What side do you come down on today.
Speaker 1: Let's play a song. Let's do a Boss Jack.
Speaker 5: Okay, done that in so long?
Speaker 1: What do you want to do for a Boss check? We go way back? I mean we can go back into like them.
Speaker 5: You said way back?
Speaker 2: That is way back. That is not one of my favorites. But boys of sorts, if you want to do a Backstreet Boys song, you know, I'm always down for that one. But I don't want to get the final choice on this one.
Speaker 5: Who else has thoughts? Can we do?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 13: Can we do like David Cassidy? That's way too far back what you said way back now? I would say probably in the into the nineties, into the early nineties.
Speaker 5: Michael Bolton, which song do you want to do? By my lover? The best song that there ever was? Do it.
Speaker 4: I'll take the responsibility on this one for ones.
Speaker 2: Okay, you play Michael Bolton. I'm not a big fan, but this is not you know wait, it is the Dave Ryan Show. But you know what, I don't care. Let's go ahead and play Michael Bolton. It is, but I don't care. If that's what you guys want to do, Let's do this. When Boss Check will find out whether the boss is listening because is wait, it's wait a is what?
Speaker 5: She is my favorite because she's so inspiring. One O, one three.
Speaker 2: For the first time since the early nineties, here's Michael Bolton on kd WB