Speaker 1: It is the Jesse Kelly Show, Final hour of The Jesse Kelly Show. On a magnificent Friday. We have all kinds of wonderful stuff this hour. We should touch on a couple things really quickly, though, before we get back to the question. Remember how many times we've had to talk about people in politics, and I've told you that so many of these people run for office and stay in office at all levels because it gives these people access to the things rich people have, only they don't have the skills to acquire that wealth. So they get elected and stay elected so they can live like that. These people, and it's not just in Congress of the United States Senate, all the way down to local levels. These people get elected and they stay elected. And what sounds like a boring job in the pay isn't great, but because they have access to the tax payer vault, they have access to that big pot of gold funded by you, and they give that access to other people. Because they're corrupt scumbags, they receive a life that is way outside of their means. Do you want an example here?
Speaker 2: You go that the DELLMS Federal Building in Oakland, Brian Hazevito pled guilty to conspiracy to commit honest services wife fraud, in effect depriving the public of its right to an honest public official, and he pled guilty to lying to FBI agents who interviewed him during a raid at a San Leandro home January of last year. Prosecutors told the judge the problems began with a ten day luxury trip to Vietnam sponsored by David de Wong, owner of California Waste Solutions, for some fifty people, including public officials. I first showed you video of Ozovito toasting the entourage. Prosecutors say the scheme soon hashed that Ozzevito would help the Dwong family with their new company, Evolutionairerry Holmes, to sell containers for the homeless to the city of San Leandro. Hows the fidel would get a percentage. He started an LLC in his wife's name to hide the transactions and accepted a two thousand dollars bribe from the Little Wongs to fund it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like quite the criminal mastermind. Hey, I need to take some bride money. I can't start the company. I'll have my wife start the company. The FEDS will never look there, but it's a common tale. It's easy to make fun of Oakland because it's Oakland, but it's a very common tale. You're a city councilman, your Board of supervisors, member, mayor state legislator. What they have is access to the taxpayer vault, and if they don't have morals, well they'll give people access to that. Hey, do you want to come steal some of this taxpayer money? I would like a luxury trip to Vietnam, though, five star accommodations please, and then when we get home, it's a little extra cheddar cheese ends up in an envelope on my desk. That would be just fine too. Told you that story, my friend and mentor, Michael Berry. I told you that, so I haven't told you it in a while. Michael Berry was a mayor pro temp of Houston for a while. He's nationally syndicated radio host. I'm sure you know Michael Berry, and he's told the story on the air, so I can tell it. He's Mayor pro temp of Houston, and the airport here in Houston had a new construction job. You know, every airport's under construction at some point, had a new construction job coming up. That was going to be up to the City of Houston to hand that contract out. A contractor gets a hold of Michael and says, hey, love to buy you lunch or love to do lunch something. I don't know how the conversation went exactly, goes out, meets the guy for lunch. They lunch. It's all about the wife and kids, live things like that. Lunch is done. Guy hands Michael an envelope, turns around and leaves. Michael opens up the envelope. It's full one hundred dollars bills. He freaks out, thinks like the FBI is there or something like that. It's not. He didn't new corruption, runs out of the restaurant and runs the guy down and hands him the envelope back. Dude, take this. That's one tiny example. This is how it works, and this is why a big reason why these corrupt scumbags never leave office. As long as they are in office, they have a key to that vault with your money in it. While they have that key, they will be given lives that are well beyond what their salary earns, well well beyond on what their own talentan could talent could ever be able to achieve but because they're willing to give people your money, they live like kings. Ten days in Vietnam. I'm just doing this off top of my head. By the way, in case that sounds weird to you, Vietnam is apparently a big tourist destination. Now. I don't think I would want to go, but it's a big tourist destination now. So ten days in Vietnam. If you're flying, I bet you a first class ticket to Vietnam costs five thousand dollars. I bet you it's at least five thousand dollars. Okay, you're staying. Let's go ahead and call it ten nights. Let's assume the prices are reasonable, two three hundred bucks a night probably, so we're flirting with ten thousand dollars already all paid for before you be all. Chris looked it up eight to fifteen thousand dollars round trip. Okay, so I take that back. We're probably flirting. Let's be nice, fifteen thousand dollars just for a hotel room and your first class tickets, before you've bought a meal, before you've done any of the tourists things there, before you did anything else. That's a twenty to twenty five thousand dollars vacation. Have you ever taken a twenty five thousand dollars vacation in your entire life? Ever? Probably not. Do you have any idea what you probably make working for the city government of Oakland, even assuming they've jacked their salaries through the roof, which I'm sure they have, sixty seventy eighty grand, you don't make the kind of money it takes to make to take a twenty five thousand dollars vacation. Oh, that's a very good point, Chris. It was for fifty people. How could somebody starting a private company fund a trip like this?
Speaker 2: At the Dellums Federal Building in oak Brian Azevito pled guilty to conspiracy to commit honest services wife fraud, in effect depriving the public of its right to an honest public official, and he pled guilty to lying to FBI agents who interviewed him during a raid at a San Leandro home January of last year. Prosecutors told the judge the problems began with a ten day luxury trip to Vietnam sponsored by David de Wong, owner of California Waste Solutions, for some fifty people, including public officials. I first showed you video of Ozovito toasting the entourage. Prosecutors say the scheme soon hashed that Ozevito would help the Dwong family with their new company, Evolutionary Homes, to sell containers for the homeless to the city of San Leandro. Alzevido would get a percentage. He started an LLC in his wife's name to hide the transactions and accepted a two thousand dollars bribe from the Luongs to fund it.
Speaker 1: That's how it works. It's not just there, it's in your town too. Jesse. As a menu whisper, how can you tell what is on the menu when the menu is a foreign language? Well, I speak foreign languages, says his name is Ryan. Everybody knows that I dabble in Spanish. True story, though, I recently took my wife out to a really nice Italian place here in Houston. It was for her birthday. We went out, took her out to an Italian place in Houston. Yeah, the whole menu was in Italian and I had to flat out to apologize. I had to pull out my phone and look up all the words because I didn't know what anything was what Chris? But it wasn't Olive Garden. Chris. It was a nicer place than Olive Garden. I actually have some nice places that I've gone to, all right, And anyway, I don't like Olive Garden. Rob loves it. I'm more of a red lobster guy, and I like Italian food. Olive Garden just always. It's not like it's gross. I've eaten there a million times. The breadsticks are top notch, that Italian dressing is top notch. I always felt like it kind of missed the mark. Does that make sense? Well, you know what, here's why miss the mark. I feel like it's a little bland. Like if you walk into a place like Applebee's, apple Bee's will give you some flavor with things. Apple Bee's, why are you making that face? What's funny? Chris? Applebee's makes an excellent chicken wing their chicken faha to roll up. They didn't just serve a ranch with it, They made a salsa ranch with it. Applebee's takes the time to add some flavor to something. Outback does this outback adds flavor to Why are you making that face? Is a bloomin onion not Is that not kosher? Is it kosher? Chris? Are you sure about that? Chris? Have you looked into this, Chris? I don't think you should eat lumin onions, Chris until you talk to your rabbi. Either way, out backle season things, Applebee's seasons, things, olive gardens, kind of bland. It is the Jesse Kelly Show on a Friday. If you miss any part of the show, you can download at iheard Spotify iTunes and don't forget to text a friend about it. Jesse, can you explain this is about Pat Tillman. I've always felt that if my son was killed in combat, I want to hear that he died quote with his face toward the enemy. I'd rather not hear that he was a victim of friendly fire. I deeply respect those who've given the ultimate sacrifice, whether in peace or war, but I always felt it was a tragic slap in the face to be told that his loss was a result of someone's huge brain cramp. Murder by a comrade's one thing, but negligence, stupidity, or fog of war are another. Your take, Let's talk about the reality of life. A medal of Honor Monday. I know you love it. I love it. Medal of Honor Monday. Every start of the second hour, every Monday, we honor a hero who earns a medal of honor. And to quote Ronald Reagan, he was talking about something similar but not the same thing. I bet your mind plays a trick. I bet you when we discuss these stories some guys jumping on grenades and stabbing Germans to death and things like that, I bet you you picture someone older than the guy who was actually doing it. These medals of honor were earned by eighteen year olds, twenty one year olds, nineteen year oldswhelmingly, Yes, there are some older guys in there. Overwhelmingly these are young, young, young men, insanely young. Now take that. Now take this. In boot camp, in Marine Corps boot camp, they are not allowed technically to This is what I went through. So this is twenty years ago. Keep that in mind. I don't know what's going on now, but when I went through Marine Corps boot camp, they were not allowed technically to physically touch you anymore. They can't just run up and slap you in the face anymore. Certainly you can't do it in front of other people. All right, take that for what it's worth. You can't do that anymore with one gigantic exception. After you've worked your way through Marine Corps boot camp, once you've gotten far enough through Marine Corps boot camp, you will eventually go to rifle qualification the rifle range. Now remember this, alrighty said they're eighteen nineteen year old kids. Not everybody, believe it or not, who goes to Marine Corps boot camp is even vaguely familiar with firearms. I grew up hunting with my dad. I was carrying a gun when I was six years old. It was nothing new to me. But there were guys all over boot Camper. Maybe they'd grown up in the city or something like that. No insult, They didn't know anything. You go to the rifle range after class, after class, after class, and they're giving you live AMMO every day. Certainly in the beginning we were on the rifle range, there would be a recruit who got physically body slammed. Why because no matter how many lectures he got, he took that loaded weapon. You always have to assume it's loaded, and he turned and you almost always accidentally pointed it at the guy beside him, pointed it behind him, pointed it somewhere, and the drill instructor would physically tackle him immediately before the weapon could go off. Now that's at a rifle range environment. Yes, it's stressful because it's boot camp. There's no question about that. Now let me take you off the rifle range. Let me put you in the jungles of Guadalcanal, the mountains of Afghanistan. You're in the hedgerows of France. You haven't slept in two days, you're starving, you're scared. There's things blowing up all around you. What they don't tell you about combat is you can't ever hear anything because everything is insanely loud, so you're basically deaf. It's smoky. They don't show you this in the movies either, because you can't do that with a camera. Nome would know what's going on. The dust and the dirt and the smoke and everything. You can't see. You freaking think half the time. You think there's ever gonna be a moment where someone runs in front of another guy who's already shooting. When someone's weapon jams in a high stress situation and he's trying to unjam that weapon and he points it to the guy next to him and pop it goes off. Think there's ever gonna be a moment when you're sitting there in the Pacific and you know the last two nights Japanese infiltraders have jumped into fighting holes and stabbed your friends to death in the middle of the night. You think there's ever going to be a moment where you hear somebody coming back to the line and instead of waiting, you point and squeeze that trigger because you don't want your guts hanging out that night. Only it turns out it was your buddy who had dysent terry and he didn't have a choice. He had to go relieve himself. What they don't tell you and what they'll never tell you about combat is a shockingly high percentage of casualties come from your own men. It has always been that way and it always will. Hey Chansy, jeez, can you please explain why the case of a missing eighty four year old woman is enough to be leading the news for two weeks? Is this? Look at the shiny object here? Thousands of people go missing every year in this country. What makes this more important? Than all the important things going on in the world. Usually it's say a prayer and move on. I don't mean to be crass, but what's going on this His name is Gile. This is of course about Savannah Guthrie's mother who's been kidnapped. Who knows how that whole horrible story where he's going to end. And I can't look. I can't yell at you because I had the exact same thought. It's not that I don't care about this woman. I don't want anybody anywhere, certainly an old lady to be kidnapped. That's freaking terrible. And I hope obviously praying for the family there. But why so much attention? But here's the reality we do. We are more fascinated by famous people and the things that happen in their lives than we are by non famous people. And that's not because we're worse than any other groups who has ever existed. That's how the human mind works. When the neighbor across the street develops a drug problem, you maybe mention it. Maybe maybe you mention it to your spouse that night, if you even care enough to mention that. When Justin Bieber develops a drug problem. You read about it in the magazines, you watch news stories about it. It's plastered everywhere. Is it right now? Is it fair?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But that's always how it goes, and look for better or worse. Let's keep that in mind. If if you get a dui tonight, please don't drink and drive by the way. But if you get a dui tonight, who's ever gonna know? Maybe you'll get your name in the local paper, maybe lord will and your employer doesn't find out or whatnot. But who's ever gonna know? I I have a buddy a few years ago. He had developed quite a drinking problem, so no one was surprised when this happened. But three am, coming home from the bar Saturday night, he was doing like ninety five and a forty five. Lucky didn't kill anybody whom gets pulled overbusted, DUI. I tell you this story because he stopped drinking after that. He hasn't had a drink of alcohol since. Really turned his life a round. Was really wonderful story, happy ending, wonderful story. But he got that, DUI. If he hadn't told me, I would never ever ever have known? How would I know that? I had no idea even got it one. What would I know. I'm not out at three am. I've been asleep for about six hours. Would I know if I got a DUI, you'd probably know about it tomorrow. That's the way life works. The bigger the platform, the more people are going to cheer for you, the more people are going to feel sad when something bad happens. Uh for talking about me, Well, my dad died not last year, but at the end of the year, about a year ago, little more than a year ago, maybe a year four months ago. Lost my dad. The outpouring from you was amazing. I don't know that I ever told you that, by the way, because I couldn't have. I was worried I wouldn't do that well on the air. But thank you. It meant the world to me. And there were times did you know this? Chris would separate those, separate those emails from the others, and I had to stop reading them before the show. But what I would do I read them all. I would put them in a separate stack underneath my car keys here in the studio, and I would take them home for me after the show was done. So I wanted to do a good show, and I know last year was probably heavier than normal because I was just in a heavier place. But I would take them home after the show, and it would be therapeutic for me. I would take them home and i'd read them all. I'd sit down at the counter when I got home, and i'd sit down and i'd read your emails. It meant a lot to me, I should know. But I'm also mindful of this, and I remain mindful of this. People lose their dads all the time, people lose their moms all the time. My dad isn't more important to me than your dad is to you or your mom is to you. I got all this and this prayer and outpouring of support, and I don't deserve that anymore than you deserve that. In a way, that's not fair, right, it's not fair, but it's also how life goes. I also think this, because we're not going to change how people think. I think there is a benefit in stories that can become examples for others. Now. I don't want to use a kidnapping story that way because it's all so terrible. But I brought up the other night that my mom, my mom, who's an older lady obviously lost her husband, my dad, a lot long ago. My mom has personalized this for my mom. She can't get enough of this story, not in some I'll give me the gossip thing like her heart is broken. She very clearly sees herself in that. My mom, as a result, has taken her personal security more seriously than she already did. Now she was already good there. She has big dogs, guns and things that my mom's fine. Bit she's taken it up anach even, which is music to my ears. Jesse. We enjoyed the All American halftime show. When I posted in our family chat about the English translation one of the songs sung in the super Bowl the halftime show, apparently this bad bunny guy sang a song that was unbelievably vulgar. It was just done in Spanish, so nobody but me knew it was very graphic and not at all appropriate for all ages. My liberal daughter commented this quote, I just think it's such a performative joke that it was even a thing. Literally, just a bunch of racist white people mad that the super Bowl would be in Spanish. What should I say in reply this guy? Or is it even worth it. Your daughter has been taken in by a cult. You need to think about her that way and treat her in that way. Don't belittle her. Are you going to argue with her to get her out of the cult? Do you think you're going to argue her out of the cult? I say this to parents all the time when they lose a child, and you know how it goes. You lose your daughter in college, You lose your son when he marries one. You want to lose your daughter to communism, Send her off to wherever she wants to go. You want to lose your son, let him marry one. That's the way it goes. Does not mean they're gone forever, but it does mean temporarily they are in a cult. They have a completely separate belief system. Their minds have been shattered by this cult. How do you get people out of a cult? Love, You stay close to them. You don't affirm the ridiculous things they believe. You don't start agreeing with them. That's not how you get people out of a cult. But you just always reinforce to them. You are there for them if they ever have a moment where they want to talk or they need help, or they're questioning things. You'll be there for them. I know how well. I don't know because it hasn't happened to me. Lord Willing, it doesn't. But I can imagine how bad it hurts to lose your child to the demonic religion of communism. It has to hurt deeply. And my heart breaks for you because I love my little buddies so much, and man, if they hated me, gosh, it would gut me. It would just gut me. You're not going to yell at them to get a out of it. You're not going to argue their way out of it. Be there for him, keep praying for him, try to pull him.
Speaker 2: Out of.
Speaker 1: Jesse Kelly Show. Final segment of Jesse Kelly's show on Unasked Doctor Jesse Friday, Do not forget. You can email us Jesse at Jesse kellyshow dot com. We are of course going to be back on Monday to do Medal of Honor Monday and so many other things. This was David Muir on ABC News. Listen to this tonight.
Speaker 4: President Trump has repealed US power to regulate climate in this country. The President officially rejecting the science and what this now clears the way for critics tonight arguing this is not only dangerous for the environment but for your health.
Speaker 1: You can be mad at David Muir all day long, but that guy I'm moderated at debate. The GOP allowed that guy to moderate a debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden. Come on, GOP, it's time to stop with this nonsense. I'm gonna keep freaking out about this until it stops happening. Both sides have to agree to all the debate terms. Both sides have to agree to with Why does the GOP agree to let these communists moderate our debate? They will work very hard into to put us in the worst possible light. They will ask questions made to make the Democrat look good and us look bad, And yet the GOP agrees to these terms. Why why are we still doing that? It just drives me up the wall. Oracle. I'm retiring in a few years after thirty year law enforcement career in the People's Republic of Maryland. Wife and I want to move to the south, to a more poetically friendly and vironment. I heard you mention how you live in a neighborhood with many other like minded people. My question is how did you find that area? Did you do any research prior to the move? What resources did you utilize? My wife and I are daily listeners. Thank you from both of us, God bless you and your family. SYS. His name is Darren Okay. First of all, it's the easiest thing in the world to look up a congressional map. A congressional map can always be found. Make sure it's a red area. That's basic. That is basic. If it is a blue area, you are going to encounter people all over the place who do not share your values. And the redder the better. You can always just look at the most I would look at the last two or three election cycles, because there's always a Fluke election here or a Fluke election there. Looked at the last two or three election cycles. Is it a solidly Republican district? And keep in mind, I want to explain this in case you don't understand. That's normally treated as a plus thing. For instance, here's how it is. If the district is kind of Republican, it'll be R plus one R plus three. That means we have a little majority. There are districts in the country that are R plus ten, R plus fifteen, Yeah, that's the kind of place you're looking for, not a little red blood blood red. That's one thing you look for. Another thing you do. You have to take take this from me, and you need to write this one down in case you don't believe me. You must physically walk the area you're interested in. I know it's the modern area of internet and video tours on your phone and things like that. That stuff is useful to get an idea. You must get in your car from Maryland and drive down and get out and walk the town. Walk the neighborhood, not drive through. Get out and walk it. You are going to discover things on your feet that you will never discover on the internet and you can't even discover in your car. When you are walking through that town. Do the things you would normally do if you live there. Are you go out with your wife for coffee. Then find a local coffee shop. Go in there, order a bagel Chris and a cup of coffee, and sit down, talk to people or just listen to people. If you're not a people person, do you belong to the American legion? Go down to the Fish I Try on a Friday night and walk in and have a beer and some walleye. Are you a church going person? Stick around for a Sunday maybe two. Pop your head in a couple churches, find out walk your neighborhood. What are the public facilities like? Is there trash everywhere? I don't have to tell you what to look for, Just walk it and you'll know. I we almost bought a house close to where I live now online, which I'd never done before. And everything was perfect. Everything the location, the square footage that, the layout, it was perfect, so perfect I almost did it, and then I could. My dad was still alive at the time, but I didn't even need him to call me. I could just hear his voice in the back of my head. Are you out of your mind? Go walk it? Are you out of your mind? Go walk it? I told the real estate agent. Yeah, I want to pop in. We think we want it, but I want to pop in. Opened up the door. It had been an Indian family living there making curry in the house for god knows how long. The curry smell. It had been professionally cleaned. It was empty, professionally cleaned. The curry smell was so putrid and overwhelming. I wouldn't walk in the door. I never crossed in. As soon as she opened the door, I said, I'm out. Find somewhere else. Go physically walk the house, the neighborhood, and the town. Look up voter registration first a blue area. Don't even consider it. You don't want to live around those demonic savages, all right. Also switch to pure talk so you make sure you have good coverage the whole time. I hope you didn't think Puretalk was some fly by night phone company where your coverage is going to be garbage. Pure Talk's on the same towers. I know people think that when I tell them about pure Talk, Hey, switch to pure Talk. Save money. It's human nature to think, well, then my service is gonna sock. I have to have it for work. I have to call my mom. Pure Talk is on the same towers. You need to physically remove your money from companies who hate you and patronize companies that share and promote your values. Pick up your phone dial pound two five zero and say, Jesse Kelly, it's going to take you ten minutes. There's no better time than now, pound two five zero, Say Jesse Kelly. Switch to pure Talk. Also, have you given any thought to what your Indian name might be.
Speaker 3: My Ojaboy name is geegee Way with a McQuay, which means speaks an a loud and clear voice.
Speaker 2: Woman.
Speaker 3: And I am so grateful for my community. And you know I am a member of the Whiter Nation, which is the largest tribe in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Speaks in a loud voice. Woman. Chris is accusing her of making that up. I would be so insanely proud of her. If she actually did make that up, that would be amazing. Chris, I need an Indian name. We'll make it up. It doesn't have to mean anything what not. White shadow, Chris, white buffalo. Maybe that's it. We'll think about it. We'll think, we'll brainstorm over the weekend. I'll call you tomorrow. Anyway, put your phone down and enjoy your weekend. That's all.