Speaker 1: I want to be an American. Flowing back on seven hundred WLW, I smell football this weekend, we jump right into it with the three and five Bengals two and a half point dogs against the visiting Chicago Bears right before they head into the by The Bengals defense is in the If you're to grade this out like a I mean they're on pace to challenge the twenty twelve Saints for the most yards given up in a single season. They went to thirty two to sixty three. I'm looking at Bengals dot Com and the twenty twelve Saints a lot about seven thousand that year. That is not a category you want to be. And the question is can you stop the bleeding and turn this around? On That is the voice of the Bengals and the bear Cats. That's Dan Horde. Danny welcome. How's the toast this morning?
Speaker 2: The toast was excellent.
Speaker 3: I am a toast guy, and someday when I open my franchise, Toast of the Town, I will invite you to the grand opening my Toast restaurant. We'll make our money on coffee. Right, everybody likes.
Speaker 1: Toast, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The cells on the coffee. Correct, that's that's how it gets like the toner ink tone. It's like the razor blade shaver model.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it. Can I get cheese on the toast? Or is it just toast? Butter jam jelly?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: You know, I think we're gonna have some avocado toast because clearly people like that. And I can charge the heck out of your good on avocado toast, your regular basic you know, buttered toast. We got to keep that cheap and make our money on our fancy coffee.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the buttered, plain white toast, that's your lost leader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so feel free to invest. Got it.
Speaker 3: Coast of the Town is the name of my franchise, Many breads, many spreads, that slogan. Clearly I've given this, Yes you have that. Everybody has one good idea fat in their head, and which is mine franchise of Toast Restaurants.
Speaker 1: And in someday, Dan years from now, I'll be driving along and see Toast of the Town. I'll go, damn it, that beautiful son of a bitch did it.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what you're going to say, And then you're going to stop produce life brilliant.
Speaker 1: Uh, Danny, let's talk about this, and the defense, of course is what Ail's. The Bengals will get to the O line. The big question, of course is Joe Flacco. Just a second, but I mentioned how poorly the Bengals defense is performing. Underwhelming this season, and I think disappointing is probably being gentle.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: People kick the tires on this and go, well, whose fault is it?
Speaker 2: Real?
Speaker 1: How much of this is on Al Golden? How much is this on the on the talent issue and who they draft?
Speaker 2: Can we get back to.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the Bengals defense, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's that much on Al Golden quite honestly. Uh, lou Ana Roumo is not a bad defensive coordinator. They made the change in hopes that lou would be able to develop their younger players better than Al was able to, and hopefully he still can. That process is underway, but it's a talent issue now. It's also an inexperiencing youth issue. I'm still hopeful that guys like Barrett Carter and Demetrius Knight are going to be the linebacker pair for many years to come, much like Jermaine Pratt, and Logan Wilson before them. But the rookies, and they're doing rookie things and it's costing them dearly unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, to be fair and not up in all rookies, but offense is fourth in league in yards after the catch. Just the tackling has been notoriously bad for a while here. I agree to me that elevated above coaching. I mean, you should be able to tackle by the time you get the NFL, right.
Speaker 3: Yes and no, you know, tackling it seems so simple, but you are also trying to tackle the best people in the world. Yes, and if you are the slightest bit off, suddenly that ability to you know, get your body in front of the guy and bring him down becomes getting an arm on the guy and not bringing him down. So it's not as simple as you know, wrap them up and bring him down. There's there's an element of being in the right place and moving at the right speed to be able to do it. And that's what they are not doing. That's the reason why they've allowed eighty mistackled. It's because they're the tiniest bit off in the NFL. Is the difference between getting Breise Hall on the ground and watching them run for thirty.
Speaker 1: On and of course it all starts up front. Murphy and Assai and Shamar Stuart a scis fine, and now the big question, Okay, what about Trey Hendrickson, And that's alarming, and they're just not getting the pressure of the Jets ran completely through them on Sunday. I don't want to rehash that because that was probably one of the worst losses of all time, certainly if maybe the defining loss of the Zach Taylor era. That was a horrible loss to anh to seventeen and the Jets ran right through them.
Speaker 2: That's just not.
Speaker 3: Acceptable, especially because of the way the game was going. At the end of the first quarter. The Bengals were up by ten. At the end of the second quarter, they are up by eleven, at the end of the third quarter, they were.
Speaker 2: Up by fifteen. The lead kept going up.
Speaker 3: How do you lose the game under those circumstances, And they managed to do it, and it was on the defense. Eight points against the New York Jets. Should get the done, get the job done one hundred percent of the time, and because of the defensive failures in that game, it did not.
Speaker 1: Now, the thirty eight should get you a win. With probably about what eighty percent of the teams in the NFL getting that, they shout yeah, if not higher right, and being gentle there. My concern is this too because of okay, we'll get the offense. Offense is fine, but Jamar Chase, look, I play offense. I'm not worried about what the defense has to do, and asked about something else said, well, you're gonna have to ask act Taylor about that. So we're starting to get those comments. You could tell it starting to boil up on the offensive side and affecting these guys are like, hey, we're scoring thirty eight points here, I'm doing my job. You can't do yours. What does that do inside of locker room?
Speaker 3: Well, it's human nature, and that's in the immediate aftermath of a loss like that. You know, what do you expect the guy to say the defense was awesome? You know, there's really not much a guy can say other than say nothing. And that's kind of what Jamar tried to do. So in a situation like that, see what they say a few days later. Yeah, than the heat of the moment. It's tough and I think by and large, these guys have stayed together about as much as you can. And the same thing happened last year. So I don't see a major fracture right now in the locker room between offense and defense. But in the immediate heat of battle after a game like that, what are you share?
Speaker 1: The concern is he start piling up and then what happens to that culture? And then then you've got a much bigger problem? Is the point? We don't want to see that, Dan Horde, let's talk about probably the biggest issue in this game. Flacco or no Flacco. He's day to day with the spring AC joint as right children. I know I had my shoulder replaced the AC and it's a horrible biken image trying to throw a football. Still not sure what happens on Sunday. The big question with Joe Flacco is can you throw with his left hand.
Speaker 2: Like Gus Baratt tried to do back in the day. Yeah, I would not recommend that.
Speaker 3: Okay, it seems to work about once a year for Patrick Mahomes, but for anybody else, I would stick with your dominant US.
Speaker 1: That's a shottle camp.
Speaker 3: But extras quarterbacks have not historically made it to the NFL. Yeah, I don't know what's going to happen with Joe Placco. He threw the ball around a little bit yesterday. He was considered limited on the official practice report. Jake Browning is obviously taking the bulk of the snaps at practice.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 3: There's one thing we've learned about Joe Placo. He doesn't need a lot of practice to be successful. So I guess that's cause for optimism. If he can't go, the only hope is from watching him the last few weeks. Jake Browning has learned some stuff that will help him if he gets back in there. You know, we've seen moments obviously in the past where he's played well, so I would like to think that he's learned some valuable lessons from seeing a forty year old dude with no practice come in and play extremely well.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, if you're watching one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league and Joe Burrow, and you can't learn from him, I guess my point, Dan would be, Okay, you're learning from Burrow, you're learning from Joe Flacco. That's all good, seems to the casual fan of Kells observer. It's not his physical ability. He's been in the league long enough. It's what's going on between his ears and his inability to process as quickly as Joe Flacco and certainly Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: Well, that's certainly true.
Speaker 3: The three games that he played this year, I mean, he was dreadful and he knows it, and we know and everybody to watch him knows it. But we also saw him play seven games in twenty twenty three where he played pretty well. Maybe there's a reset where he says, you know what, I'm not Joe Burrow. I can't do Joe Burrow like things. I can't run around and make miraculous plays. I need to be more like Joe Flacco. Gets the ball out in two and a half seconds, don't take sacks, throw it away if I have to, and you know, with these wide receivers, that's enough. So if he winds up playing I would like to see more of that version of Jake Brown than the one we saw earlier this year.
Speaker 1: We'll know at eleven thirty on Sunday. I guess it's going to be a game time.
Speaker 3: Decision, Yes, something like that. Yeah, I don't think he'll be anything other than questionable. When the final injury report comes out, you know we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you hope so, because I mean, Browning has three starts this yere. I think they average what less than seventy yards per game, easily dead last as far as the league average goes to. So you do want to see Flacco in there. If he can go, he can go. How much of that is Joe's decision? How much is the training staff who ultimately, I know coach Taylor decides that. But is it kind of up to the player to self report in situations like that or they just do exhaustive testing to make sure. Because Flacco said, listen, I want to go. I want to play. At the same time, you don't want to you know, prampt your career any more. A granted on gon years he has left at forty, but you don't want to reinjure and make it worse.
Speaker 3: I think this is largely a Flacco thing because I think it's a pain management thing. I don't think that it's the type of injury that you know his arm's going to fall off. You know, it's a sprain. It's not like it's dangling by you know, a torn ligament or something. So I think it's mostly pain management. And you've got to trust Joe Flacco to give you honest feedback. And uh, you know, I think at this stage of his career, he'll do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rest elevate, put some ice on it to be able to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got to be able to play effectively, right, He's got to be able to communicate to the medical staff.
Speaker 2: You know what, I can't throw a football recently. It hurts too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you'll be to see that right away too. So and it's not just Joe Flack. Obviously, Trey Hendrickson it doesn't look like he's going to go. Shaka Hayward is expected to miss what a month. He has a broken leg.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's broken, but it is a fibular injury, and he is on injured reserves, so he's out for at least four game right.
Speaker 1: And on the other side of the balls, and uh, the bear is actually I mean you look at all their top receivers and people with the most receiving I there are like five guys that are that are banged up that may not play, so that that there's definitely an opportunity there for this defense because their top five guys misspracticed this week. Also, Rashawn Johnson there running back, didn't practice this week, Dominique Robinson d L defensive lineman didn't practice. Cole Comet's banged up injury. So it's not like the Bengals with Trey Henderson Joe Flacco are the only team that isn't decimated by injuries right now, because look, Chicago could actually be worse outside of the starting quarterback.
Speaker 3: Seems like their injury porto is trending in a positive direction during the course of the week. So at the beginning of the week, some of those guys that you mentioned out than they were limited, and so I suspect that most of their most important players will be able to answer the bell. Doesn't mean will be one hundred percent, but I would expect them to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And what else can you said about the Bengals offense? I mean they're good enough to win. You know, no, no offense, p Ryan. The running game is really good. Everything's clicking. The offensive line is is past protecting well, they're blocking run. Chase s Brown's gonna rind to imagine they're going to run the ball at at the Bears heavily on Sunday as well.
Speaker 3: Pretty solid top to ball, I mean, especially if Jake, especially if Jake Browning winds up starting the game. I think that's the thing that gives me the most hope. So two weeks ago, in the win over Pittsburgh, the Bengals ran for more than one hundred and forty yards. Last week in the loss, I hate saying it. To the Jets, they ran for more than one hundred and eighty. So they finally got the running game cooking. Let's give the offensive line some love because they rarely get it in recent years, and they've averaged seven yards per attempt on the ground, So I'm optimistic that maybe they've turned the corner where the running game is concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Bears are not particularly good with run defense. They've struggled. They allowed what over five yards of carry too well it's stare Henry, I guess, and two touchdowns. But they're everything like allowing five point three per carry and average that's among the top of the league, or I guess worse than the league is gal.
Speaker 3: I think they're twenty fifth or twenty sixth. That's stopping the run. They're giving up more than one hundred and forty rushing yards per game. So yeah, that's kind of the when you circle strengths and weaknesses for the two teams. You've got a team that's at least run it well for two weeks in a row against the defense that hasn't been great against stopping the run with a question of question markets your quarterback position.
Speaker 2: So that all adds up to let's see if.
Speaker 3: The Bengals can run the ball, control the clock a little bit, prevent Ben Johnson from coming up with incredibly creative offensive plays because we know that's why he was the hottest coaching candidate out there before the Bears hired him, and maybe that's the formula for victory.
Speaker 2: He keep the defense off the field, you hope.
Speaker 1: So you know, between Brown and p Ryan, could do you know, put up three hundred yards and four or five touchdowns and still lose with the defense. That's the problem. Other side, Caleb Williams no tds in the last two games. So that's a good trend for the Bengals. They've got some tools, though I mean a dun say they're wide receivers. Clearly their best was watching some a little bit of the Bears a couple of weeks ago to DJ Morrise pretty solid. They got some guys that can hurt you.
Speaker 3: Those are the two Roma Doonza is a study, was the ninth pick in the draft last year. DJ Moore has been great for a long time. He's got a bunch of one thousand yard seasons in his NFL career. So Caleb Williams joining to those two guys is the biggest thing you got to worry about. Deander Smith, I think is a decent now great running back, but decent and a dunk. Cole Coombet's a good tight end, So you know, it's not one of the best offenses in the league. But they've got guys. Every NFL team does, and those two wide receivers in particular, I think aren't good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really gonna miss Trey here. And this is a chance for Shamar Stewart to put something up and show with something because Williams have been sacked like sick. He's been sacked a lot. I forget what the number is, but I think twelve sacks and seven games this season. So it's not like that line's doing a great job of protecting him. It takes a lot of time to get rid of the ball as well. I think third longest in the NFL, somebing well well over three seconds, I think. So there's an opportunity here. I'd love to see Shamar step up and do something this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: Shamar looked really good in Week one against Cleveland, got hurt in week two and hasn't really looked good Finn So I don't know if the ankle is one hundred percent, I don't know how much that is hampering him. I'm still bullish on him long term, but I'd like to see it now because if Trey is out, and it certainly looks like he will be, somebody's got to step up and put some pressure on the quarterback, and Shamar Stewart's the guy that has the most talent at least to be able to do that.
Speaker 1: Now, you're over three seconds before you release the ball, you're just begging to get drilled. Hopefully the long can can get that done. Let's pivot here to this ESPN College Game Day is in town, Danny. You'll be in Utah and it's a ten to fifteen start. That could be the longest pregame show in the history of ESPN.
Speaker 3: In town, as in in Salt Lake City, not in town as in in Cincinnati. So it's the seventeenth ranked Bearcats YEP against the twenty fourth ranked Utes right on Saturday night, ten fifteen, Cincinnati time, eight fifteen in Salt Lake City. Huge game for the Bearcats. They are an underdog for the first time in a while. But if they can pull off a mild upset, suddenly making the twelfth team college football.
Speaker 2: Playoff is really on the table.
Speaker 3: And you know, people have been talking about Cincinnati having a chance to get to the Big twelve championship game in Dallas at the end of the year, and that would be incredible, But I really don't think there's been much buzz about Cincinnati potentially making the twelve team college football playoffs. That's on the table if that's really on the table, if they win this week.
Speaker 1: But I like him talking about that. It's just, you know, you want to be stealthy, just kind of sneak in.
Speaker 3: Well, they have been stealthy to this point, stealthy, but they've climbed a number seventeen in the country.
Speaker 2: They've been on a roll. They're playing great and Manna.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure who who's going to be the quarterback though. That's the thing. Is Dan Pier, Devin dan Pier or the true freshman in Fickland? What's going on there?
Speaker 3: Devin Damn Pier. Last week's game against Colorado, true freshman Bird Stickland started that game and Utah led forty three nothing at halftime, so the true freshman played pretty well for the first college start. Devin Damn Pier will play if healthy. He's really good as well.
Speaker 2: He's the only.
Speaker 3: Quarterback in the country who's had games with three hundred or more passing yards and two hundred or more rushing yards, so he can do both. He's a transfer from New Mexico, where he was great last year. Came with his offensive coordinator to Utah, so I think Dan Pierre will start, but Utah is fine with either of those guys at quarterback.
Speaker 1: Evan Pryor's out though looking out anyway, not definitive.
Speaker 3: Correct Now, Cincinnati has the zoom and boom backfield. Evan Pryor is the really fast guy. Howie Walker is the powerful guy. If Evan can't play and it doesn't look good, Howie Walker will wind up getting more carries, probably than usual. But Manny Covey would be the guy that would you step in for Evin Pryor, and he's got similar traits, maybe not quite as fast, but he's really looked good when he's played. So I think they're fine even if Evan Pryor.
Speaker 1: I watch all their games. It's a fun of course, we'll talk about every week. Barcaster are just fun to watch. I now Utah one of the best in league at getting to the quarterback. So there's a thattle right there. Can can Soors be get rid of the ball before Utah can get after him? And you know the classic ballot doesn't come down all of that, of course, but uh, if you talk can get to sores By more often, it's gonna be a little bit more of a challenge for the Bearcats, who are the underdog in this game. He's Dan Horde. He goes to Utah, he has some toast, and then he flies back to Cincinnati for Sunday's game. He gets it all done. Dan, all the best, buddy, thanks for jumping on this morning.
Speaker 7: In college basketball on Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Geez, we got there were going on too. Here we go. Are you calling AFC a playoff game on Friday and Sunday night too. I mean, then else he can do.
Speaker 3: Tommy G's got that. Okay, Tommy got that and it's solid.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 1: I have subscribed Apple TV. I switched it over. That's a cool part about Apple. I wish other uh uh providers would do that so you can choose the local broadcast. I think that's phenomenon.
Speaker 3: I'm praying for that day. Yes, when there's an option on your TV to sync up the sound correct with the TV picture correct. Probably coming to the NBA. I'm sorry to the NFL, but we're not there yet.
Speaker 1: Well, why do you bump that over up over your toast project? That sounds like it's more.
Speaker 3: I only have one brilliant idea in Meloney, and my one brilliant idea is my franchise.
Speaker 1: Not electric, not electronics. He's he's bread, he's bred. Danny all the best safe travels Whis'll talk to you next week, good buddy. All right, So some of the best Bengals coverage in the Bearcats. We got you both here seven hundred w wel now a man who has entertainment reporting of coursing.
Speaker 6: Through his veins, which makes him a medical opathy. He is ABC Will Gangs from New York.
Speaker 1: All right, got lots of sports happening this weekend. You got, of course, the Bengals in action, the Bearcats. We have FC Cincinnati big playoff match tests, I guess as we would call that in Columbus, and they can advance in the playoffs. I've got lots of you see basketball starting on Monday, and of course there's plenty of time in between two check up on streaming or if you want to go to theat and on that this morning's or Buddy will Gans from ABC News in New York, Well, how you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm doing well, thank you.
Speaker 1: Happy halloweeny that be Halloween. What's your candy? What's your jam?
Speaker 6: Uh? Reese is Reese's Peanut butter cup. You know, I'm a simple man. Give me a little bit of peanut butter and a little bit of chocolate. How about you?
Speaker 1: Definitely Snickers, Reese's that kind of thing. Yeah, I'm down with that. I'm down with that. Yeah, let's jump into us straight. By the way, this kind of just happened. YouTube TV dropped Disney all ABC you guys, ESPN SO Channel nine here locally WCPO is off. I have YouTube TV, so all that stuff is programming is dropped. I know, not really that this is your field of expertise. It's like every week we have a new whatever the platform is, there's always a threat of somebody getting dropped. I think it's frustrating for a lot of consumers.
Speaker 8: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I mean it's like you you know, you're paying a premium and and you know, if you want to know what the weather is going to be from your local ABC meteorologist and suddenly that's gone. Yeah, it's it's it seems, you know, annoying at the very least for you know, the consumer. But I think that you know this this blackout, it'll be interesting to see how quickly it gets resolved.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: Well, and it happens all the time. So it's like, okay, well we're gonna drop this network of that network, and we're not quite sure why somebody wants more money. I don't know how it works. You probably don't know what works. But you turn it on and like I want to watch some college foot Oh I can't because well now they dropped a YouTube TV, you dropped ESPN. Hopefully get this thing sorted out. Let's talk about I saw the trailer for this Emma Stone and Bogonia does not look like Emma Stone and it's just just her makeup alone is fascinating. It's crazy.
Speaker 6: So this is she has re teemed with the director of Poor Things, if you saw that movie that won her her last oscar and this one is maybe slightly less busy are but it's still pretty crazy. So the the plot of this movie is that these two guys who you know by by all stretches of the imagination, don't really have much going for them, and they decide that they think that the CEO of a local biomedical company is an alien, and so they kidnap her and they are keeping her in the basement and they're trying to convince her to admit that she is an alien and so and that's like all in the first five minutes basically is the kidnap scene.
Speaker 2: And so it is you know, gripping.
Speaker 6: You know, from the start it both performances from Emma Stone and Jesse Plemons plays like the main kind of kidnapper guy.
Speaker 7: Uh, they're amazing in it, and.
Speaker 2: I it's crazy.
Speaker 6: The movie is like it's really really crazy, and I, you know, I thought in theaters yesterday, and yeah, I've been thinking a lot about it, so I would imagine, yeah, she'll probably get a non nation and maybe Jesse Plummings as well, although I will say, like, you know, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's intense.
Speaker 6: It's intense and it's weird, so maybe not for everybody. Like I don't know that I would take my parents to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what kind of movie you take your parisure. That's a really narrow window, that's a that's like landed on an aircraft carrier. Right, It's like, I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 6: You're exactly right. Yeah, it had to be a very specific, you know, palatable type of film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be I want to bring. Yeah, yeah, all right, so Emma Stone be going, Yeah, it looks and the trailer looked amazing. I'll try to figure it out just watching and going. I don't know if it's like a horror film or I don't know what to make of it.
Speaker 2: It's I mean, it's parts of it.
Speaker 6: I would almost call it like a dark comedy, but it is like really intense and then you know, especially the last third of the movie is also really violent, so like, you know, there's a little bit of everything.
Speaker 1: Going on in this movie, gotcha?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: So that is Emma Stone in Bogonia. What else you go?
Speaker 2: What are you have? Streaming?
Speaker 5: Streaming?
Speaker 6: There's a really, really like beautiful film. It's called Sorry Baby, and it did really well at a lot of the film festivals this year, and it had a really quiet release in theaters at the end of the summer, and now it's streaming on HBO Max. And this is about a woman who pretty much from the jump, you realize that something pretty terrible has happened to her fairly recently, and you don't know exactly what it is, and you spend a lot of the movie sort of skirting around it and people talking about it without talking about it. But it's really about like how we continue with our life and pick up the pieces after something bad has happened. And she has like this amazing friend who comes and visits her from New York and you know, it's it's really lovely and it's all written, directed by and starring this woman, Eva Victor. So I think a lot of people are sort of saying that this is her big, you know, movie that will really put her into the spotlight. And and I think Eva Victor is a name that we might hear a lot of going forward, but that's sorry, baby, And it's streaming.
Speaker 2: On HBO Max.
Speaker 1: All right, will gans what else you got?
Speaker 6: And last but not like because the first two are a little heavy.
Speaker 7: I mean, I said violence and aliens with the first one.
Speaker 6: Second one is a little bit sad, even though parts of it are very funny.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 6: There's a podcast, Amy Poehler's podcast. It's called Good Hang, and in addition to being able to listen to it, you can also watch the full episode and it honestly feels like a talk show almost. You can watch it on Spotify or on YouTube or whatever. And the idea is that she'll have a guest, say Kristin Wagon, but before Kristin Wig comes on, she'll talk to somebody who's worked with Kristin and they speak good about her behind her back, and then the guests will come on and you know, they have the whole conversation. And one of the main, you know, tenth poles of the show is like, what are you listening to or watching or doing to make you laugh, to make.
Speaker 2: You happy, to keep spirits high.
Speaker 6: So that's basically the vibe of the whole podcast, and it's doing really well, Like some episodes four million listeners on Spotify alone, which like you know that that's like, yeah, Joe Rogan level podcast numbers, you know, so, and it's really you know, she she just got it going a couple of months ago, and and you know, there's a guest for every type of fan of especially comedy and and movies and stuff. But she's had Mariska Hargete on and all kinds of different people. But it's I'm really enjoying the podcast.
Speaker 1: How long are the episodes?
Speaker 2: About an hour?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's like the perfect time too, and she's incredibly entertaining. Of course, you know we're familiar with her work from SNL and and more, Tina Fey or you know, talk about great female comedy teams right there when they do get together. Not always, but uh yeah, that's that's really did the check out?
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, I I highly recommend it. And Tina Fey is one of I think was the first guest, which maybe you know it.
Speaker 1: Would have to be yeah by law, I think sure. So you got Amy Polos podcast, you want to check that out, but also Emma Stone and Bigonia and sorry baby is streaming on HBO. Will Gans in New York. All the best, buddy, Thanks again, thanks for jumping on. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Happy Halloween.
Speaker 1: Ye sure, Happy Halloween. Go get you some peanut filled candy. That's what we need, peanut filled candy. News on the way, and just a few here, it's a Scottslan show back and forth, seven hundred w It's been three long months since the July twenty sixth Summer Slam happened at Fourth and Elm downtown that brought Cincinnati the eyes of people, countless people across the globe when viral video broke of that mob fight down town, and of course a lot is mid made down between. The big question would be, okay, it's been three months. We've not heard a damn thing about this. Why is this being buried? Why isn't this still front page news? In a sense is that we're still not hearing anything coming out of this case, prosecution, defense or otherwise. It's at estyle made. Of course, as much as the city could have kept under wraps on that would be sealed documents, including prosecuting Alex Travinsky, the victim in this case, and not only charging him, but sealing the records. There's a lot of prosecutors, a lot of people lost that I've never seen that before. And it goes to show you that they want to keep this on reps. And it ties into with Terry Thiji. Right, we're going to fire her and now we're going to hire a law firm to investigate, but it's going to take a few months. Basically, we want this to all to break after the election. Once we're we elected, then we'll address the issue. So there's a Facebook page, a local facebook is Signaled ninety nine, and they follow a lot of the inner workings and a lot of the dirt that comes out of CPD and they just release video and again, you can try to restrict information coming out all the time. We know about leaks out of the White House, right, Trump trying to stop leaks, Biden would try to stop leaks. The information is going to get out there. You have whistleblowers and people who want to expose the truth of what really happens. Signal ninety nine is doing that. So they just released surveillance video that they kept under lock and key that he did because they didn't want you to see this and somebody leaked at the signal ninety nine. They put it on Facebook, and that's probably causing heads to explode down at City Hall right now, because it's not good. It's not good for the narrative that this was a racially motivated attack of a white guy on a whole bunch of black folk. It's not helping that narrative that they're so desperately trying to push and sell you. So let's back up a second and look at the video and if you go back to court, and this was about a month after the twenty seis riot, so it was back in August. Kip Guyn, an assistant prosecutor for Hamlin County, in the first hearing, said, look, we have evidence. We have video that shows that Alex Stravinsky is the victim in this case. That a minute forty seven seconds is as when we see the video of him punching the black guy in the red shirt or slapping his face anyway, kicking a car and slapping, he's like, oh my god, white guys start to fight. Of course, we had the preachers and Scottie Johnson, everybody else who would hear saying, my god, why are you just charging the black people, not the white guy. And of course we a politically motivated charge against Tchervinsky that came essentially from the top on down from either the mayor or the city manager, and forcing Captain Adam Haini to write that citation when his officers wouldn't. And so in this new video and then it's pretty far away, but you can probably clearly see what's going on here. Is early on in this thing, a man comes up behind. This is well before a minute forty seven. So according to Travinsky and his lawyer, he said, listen, the minute we left the club from the VIP area and even inside there were were getting epithets hurled at us. So we thought, you know, we're gonna ignore it. We're going to walk. Was after the music festival, so we're going to just walk. We're gonna go out here. So now at this point, according to him, people are lobbying racial epithets at him in the group he is with the white folks also pushing and shoving, some pushing. But we did see early in this video, this new video, that he was struck in the head from behind, and it's pretty clear and he is one of these suspects slash victims in the case. And at this point, after getting struck in the back of the head, he then turns around. They kind of move into the street to confront the people who were punching him from behind. You see him kick a car, that white car that comes to question, and then he's struck multiple times by the man in the red shirt. And at this point that's when he slaps him in the face. Boy, that truly doesn't sound like Travinsky was the one starting a fight with a bunch of a bunch of folks. So he was outnumbered. You know, there are hundreds of I mean dozens probably in that particular I shouldn say hundreds, but certainly hundreds and hundreds of people downtown got along just fine except for this particular crowd. And he's struck from behind and essentially said that's it. I'm drawn a line in the sand. I'm not going to become a victim of a race crime. And of course now he's prosecuted because of the man's and it blows up the entire narrative that they've had going to this point. So again, you know, you can try and cover this stuff up, and I don't call it no, it's sealed because there's an investigation. Really, because in other cases it doesn't take three months in and no one's talking about this anymore. You've completely killed the story. But thank god that we have people out there, We have whistleblowers wanting to do this kind of stuff and props to Signal ninety nine for at least in the video that everyone want to see. It just makes that case look worse and worse and worse. Now it did drop on a Friday. We'll pick this back up again Monday because I think it's still part of the new cycle. It's gonna be really interesting. But that's the very latest on this, so we'll pick it back up again on Monday. How does that sound, because you know, Friday is our special time to just kind of chill and we'll worry about the Bearcats, the Bengals and a whole bunch of other fun stuff which we'll get to ahead at ten thirty five with Austin Elmore. It's a Scottsland show on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred WW.
Speaker 2: Since you want to be a.
Speaker 1: Scott A Flow show back on seven hundred WW. As you know, I'm sick in the head for the trades, passionate about it, love it. I want to see more young people and heck, even older young people get into the trades because it can really change your life, especially if you're not, you know, someone who wants to spend a lot of time in school or the investment. You don't have the money, and it's an honorable profession going into something you're doing. You're helping people fix things like you know, plumbing, electrical in this case HVAC and from the Southern Ohio Technical Institute on that is a Mike Tripple, He's a president. Mike, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: How are you, Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 1: How you doing I'm doing fine, I'm doing fine. Thanks for jumping on this morning. You know, we often hear about the lack of opportunity for young people, especially in the city, especially in urban areas. There's there's no good jobs out there, and I feel like hell to get the word out. Often the deaf ears that, well, yeah, you can change your life, to project your life as you just simply go into the trades. And maybe academically speaking, you're not inclined to sit in a classroom for eight hours a day and times what sixteen years, It feels like I want to go out and do stuff, see stuff, build stuff, make money, but I need to change the scenery. I'm not a bookworm, so to speak. There's nothing wrong with that. And we have made that for so long an indictment against the child and the family that I think we've runed countless lives over the past couple generations because we looked at trade work as dirty work. And I don't think that's true. Because especially this time of year, we all have furnaces and they're starting to kick on, and if it doesn't kick gone, you call probably one of your graduates.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, Scott.
Speaker 2: You know, you hit the nail right on the head.
Speaker 7: You know, all these young people that are graduating out of high school and they've been influenced and they've been told so many times, you have to go to college. You have to go to college, you have to go to college. Well, listen, you know that's not everybody's cup of tea.
Speaker 2: As you pointed out.
Speaker 7: You know, some people, you know, are just born to can time. And some guys are really good with their hands and they work well with their hands. Yeah, and listen, let's face it anymore. What's a four year business degree get you, Scott? It gets you a four year degree. It gets you a thirty thousand dollars student debt that you have to pay for over who.
Speaker 2: Knows how long.
Speaker 7: And guess what, you know at the end of the day, what do you get a thirty thousand dollars a year at a coffee shop?
Speaker 1: Or maybe you do get maybe you do get into a company, Mike, And guess what. AI comes along and knocks you out of a job. AI is not going to replace an HVAC tech.
Speaker 7: Absolutely not. It will not replace an HVAC tech. And by the way, these young students that are graduating and going into the field, for the most part, I just want to tell everybody, these guys are going into the trade at about a forty thousand dollars a year's start, Okay, plus they're overtime and it's just great. It's in five years they could be six figures.
Speaker 1: And yeah, depending on how do you want to work. But in the more experience you have, you move up the chain. Maybe you oversee your own crew, maybe your management, maybe you own your own company. I know plenty of people started out just as attack in many areas that have gone on to start their own companies or take a company over and never saw that on the horizon when they're in school. I just thought, hey, you know, I'm gonna live hand in the mouth the rest of my life. But you know, as you know, it's showing up, right, So take me through that. Your program at Southern Ohio technicol listens to the HVAC program. How long does it take to complete that? That entire I'll just call it what it is, a degree program, the training.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 7: It's it's actually you get five certifications and you do get a degree with that as well. But it is an accelerated course which usually takes about eleven months, and other schools with ours is accelerated to two hundred hours. It's a pretty uh intense course. But once you get out, you come out on the other side of the of the rainbow.
Speaker 2: And go to speak.
Speaker 7: The course will give you five certifications that you need. You're six to oh eight, which is a government certification that you need to work in the industry. Without that you cannot work, okay, And then for other HVAC Excellence degree certifications you'll get and then also the actual degree from the school, from the career college, our career college itself, so you'll have all the credentially, and you need to start into the business. And our school is very big in the job placement. I want to add that in good word about an eighty five percent job placement with all our graduating students.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. Say that number again.
Speaker 7: Word about eighty five percent job placement. That's awesome with all of our graduating suits.
Speaker 1: Think about that eighty five percent. Now you get a degree now if it's in the field that's in high demand. Sure, but so many college graduates now are leaving and going, wow, there's no jobs out there. You are placing nearly nine to ten in a position. That's that's incredible. Well, by the way, eleven months of study and you leave usually with no debt and you're making forty thousand dollars plus a minimum forty thousand dollars your first year out. What's not the love about that?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah, well not our Now let me correct you there. Our school is not eleven months. Ours is ten weeks, ten hours, okay, ten weeks. It's accelerated. Most of these courses are six hundred hour eleven months?
Speaker 2: Ours is I got you?
Speaker 1: I miss heard, I miss heard. I went well, eleven eleven months, that's pretty You're going to know a lot about HVAC and eleven months so okay, but ten weeks and forty grand, that's that's incredible.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But you got to show up, you got to do the work. You've got to be interested and and be aggressive that this is money that can change your life. Uh what about financing? You know, in a lot of these cases, an employer, a prospective employer, will pay for the bill because they need their in demand right. I mean every h v i C company I know. Uh, they're fall over each other to try and get talent. How does that shake out relative to how much the degree itself costs or a program it self cost.
Speaker 7: Mike, Well, actually, you know, we we do have some employers that sends students to us, okay, and we train those students for the employers.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: But also as far as student financie is concerned, we have several different avenues. We have what's called uh you put some money down. We have tv D TFC, which is kind of a where you do some fun student financing on your own. The course by the way, it's only sixty five hundred dollars for the ten weeks, Okay, So it's uh, it's it's relatively extremely affordable, okay. And we all the different financial programs that are out there, We have several different options to go. We we are a veteran friendly school. I wanted to point that out. So we for the vets that have post nine eleven benefits, Uh, we are are school takes that so they the veterans, will pay for the uh for the sixty five dollars tuition fee. Also, we have some grant money that is available okay for not just a few of them post post on eleven benefits, uh, the guys that have exhausted those benefits. But we have h benefits also for high schoolers okay, that have graduated from high school. We have some Shore grant money from the Charles Share Foundation. And that, by the way, that's a brand new program that we're getting ready to launch here in February from the Charles Shore Foundation.
Speaker 2: If you're in one of the if you're a high.
Speaker 7: School counselor and you're listening to this program right now, please get in touch with the school. We have grant money for your graduating seniors. Okay, and they can come with come to the school for a class that's going to be starting strictly for the high school seniors in February, and that's going to be the ten week program before they even graduate from high school. Okay, well, nice, we have that's available, you know, so we we have a lot of different options.
Speaker 1: Mike Triple is here. He's the president of Southern Ohio Technical Institute, jumping on this morning to talk about good opportunities for people. Because everything we talk about in our city in Cincinnati, with it's crime or you know, look at snap benefits and things like that. You look at us and go, well, how do we prevent that from happening? How do we make people less dependent on well, good jobs and there's plenty of good jobs out there. We have a huge disconnect, unfortunately, and the gap is starting to shrink, There's no question about it. Between getting young people interested in the trades and as opposed as going through four years of school and you've got a job here at least with the folks at Southern Ohio. In about ten weeks, you get a job that pays forty thousand dollars it's going to cost you sixty five hundred dollars if you even pay for that, because there's a lot of business there's a lot of companies will reimburse you to pay for it. But sixty five hundred I did the math in my head, Mike, and sixty five hundred dollars that's about what you would pay for two, I think four semesters maybe five semesters of books at college just for the books.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, exactly. So it's a very affordable program. And guess what you mentioned. What is the job market in the next five years? Okay, Scott. We need about to fill about forty five thousand seats in the HVAC industry in the next over the next five years.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: So that's a pretty good, pretty good amount of job market there. So, and what's happening is is a lot of the older guys that were in the industry, okay, they're getting ready to retire, okay, and we need that new wave of the young people to come into the industry and pick up where they left off. And listen, as you pointed out, this is this is never going to be taken over by AI. Okay, Listen, We're always gonna need going to have a need to keep yourself cool in the summer warm in the winter.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 7: You know, if you want that cold can of beer or cold can of pop, you know it's your local seven eleven. Okay, We're there to take to train the people to keep that refrigeration going. So you know, it's a great industry. It's just I to be honest with you, I don't see any downside to it, Okay from my point of view.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but again there's some of the opportunity in all the Trades's find something you're interested in and HVAC, you know, but you can do residentially, you can do commercial, depending whether your interests are too. And it's in demand. And let's face it, we're talking about rolling out. I mean, Butler County is putting in what a one million square foot data center. Basically i AI's taken over Ohio at this point. All of those all those server rooms, everything there needs to have refrigeration, needs to be kept cool and climate controlled. And so that's just adding to more and more demand for you guys.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 7: You know, and I want to go over just one more time too and mention this that for the young people. We do have this grant money that is available okay for young people. If you graduated out of high school, you've kind of hit a wall. You don't know what you're going to do. If you were ninety days okay, ninety days before you graduate, up to one year after you graduate, there is money there for you to come to school. You can get up to a free ride, a partial or a free ride to the Charles Schward Foundation.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: It's a great grant. And it's also good for those veterans that have had a have exhausted or post nine eleven benefits. They can't they've run into a wall, they don't know what to do, they've exhausted all those We have a grant money for those veterans, okay as well through the Charles Schworre Foundation.
Speaker 1: It's wonderful. There's money out there if you need it. It's the program's about sixty five hundred dollars, which is a certainly you look at that, Wow, sixty five hundred dollars. That's a fraction of what you would pay for higher education. For sure. This is going to get you working in about ten weeks. If you're good with your hands in your mind and you show up and you want to do the job. That's a lot of people. One of the big issues, of course for young folks is transper rotation. And I think you know, speaking for the trades now for a long time like that, that's it looks like it's trying to turn though. We're trying to figure out how to get people to school or classes and also to work. But that's like the big hurdle for a lot of folks. We know that that's an issue, uh to try and get them from point A to point B because generally you know, they're coming in with a little money. But the good news is, you know, once you get through this program, you're talking about making some significant coin, uh in as long as you want to work and keep working, especially the overtime. As you said, within five years you're making an easy six figures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, easily.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: It's it's a great it's this this has changed so much as industry is rapidly changing. Okay, and listen, you hit to be brought up to speed on all the new stuff that it's not.
Speaker 1: Like it was the day, well not not even I gotta I have a buddy buddy of mine and he retired I think not even eight I want maybe eight or nine years ago, started out, ran his own company, retired and it literally came up, you know, by his bootstraps and started his own own business. And HVAC Tech retired and I was asking, he goes, you know what it's It's funny something broke in my house of looking at it was like it's changed so much in the last five years. I had to call someone in to look at it. Because I unless you stay on top of the training. But that's true with a lot of these high tech fields. It's not just say we're slapping a furnace in it. Continue to education is huge.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that's a great thing about about our school too, and the course that we have. We have, you know, the best trainers in the best lab. So are what the way we do is we're basically we were going we do a class and what they've learned in that power point in that class, they immediately go back and start applying that hands on right, okay, effectively hands on in the lab. And we've got a state of the art lab, all the latest equipment that's out there, the latest and the greatest stuff. We have it here at Southern Ohio Tech.
Speaker 1: All right, how do your students some of them may also have a day job too, or they have family is and how tough is that the balance if you're going to school and doing this ten week class.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a great thing about it.
Speaker 7: We have a morning class, okay, which is from nine in the morning till two in the afternoon. War if you need an evening class, we have an evening class that is five till ten o'clock, okay, And that's four days a week, Monday through Monday through Thursday. And it's five hours of classes or five hours ten weeks, two hundred hours. So we have morning classes and evening classes.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's pretty easy. I mean you squeeze five hours and then the work the evenings or mornings. You're good to go. So I know you have a class, you've got another class starting when on the when's the next class start up?
Speaker 7: Our next class is actually starting on the I believe it's December the sixth. So all you people out there just called Southern Ohio Tech and answer Diana. She'll guide you through the whole process.
Speaker 1: Goods, how many how many students do you have? In each class.
Speaker 7: Actually, we keep our classes small. We keep them down to eight students per class. Okay, and now so we can have that one on one with the instructor, which is so important because this is an accelerated class. So we hit to have that one on one with your instructor. Sure, so they get through this accelerated class. But it works out great for us. And listen, we've graduated over most four hundred students over the past six years and they're all out there working and I can just tell you success story atter success.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, that's fantastic, And then you can write your own ticket in life, which is the best if you're working for you ultimately. I think that's a goal for a lot of people. My Trible is the president of Southern Ohio Technical Institute at so ot I so D dot HVAC dot com for more and classes are starting up on December sixth. So if you're going, wow, you know, I don't see myself working in fast food the rest of my life or you know, making minimum and I may get my job may go away. Maybe I'm gonna go to school. I'm not a good student, or maybe I am a good student going I don't know what to do, but I know I don't want to spend all that money on something on the degree program that may not ever pay me back. This is a great alternative to it. And parents, mom and dad, you should not be looking down on your nose at this. This is a that's a wonderful job, can change your life and put you on the right trajector to be self sufficient. Mike, all the best, Thanks for jumping on this morning. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Good luck.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Scott, you sir, take care and news on the way in just minutes. Here it's a Scott's Loan show on this Friday morning. And when we return on the Big one seven hundred WLW. We also have a lot of sports going on this weekend. We got the Bearcats in Utah at Utah ten ten to fifteen kick and of course right before the bye, last game before the bye, Chicago's in town. Who the hell is our quarterback? That's the question Austin has the answers next on seven hundred WWT.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go.
Speaker 1: It is game day almost kind of sooner. You got the bear Cats tomorrow night, we got the FC and Action Sunday, and of course the Bengals. I'm here for it all. He's here for all of it because our buddy Austin Elmore from ESPN fifteen thirty at noon today. How are you what up, Scott? How are you tell me? You tell me what's going on? How good you feeling about Sunday? I'm scale of one to ten, one being the worst, ten being it's a lock, it's a win. Where do you stand?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna say negative two hundred and seventy six. Two hundred and seventy six. Probably that number stands for how many rushing yards the Bears are probably gonna have against the Bank.
Speaker 1: And I'm still taking the under in that bet. By the way, Yeah, because it's yeah, where do we begin to It just begins ends with defense, like we can talk till we're blowing in the face. Whether it's fla will apply flock that they got a fighting chance, right, it's who has the ball lasts probably at that point. But if it's Shake Browning, yeah, I don't know how they went.
Speaker 9: You go aha and pack it up, start booking your vacations for the second week of January and go somewhere warm. But yeah, I mean, that's that's pretty much what it's come down to. And they are at least watchable with Joe Flacco. They weren't watchable with Jake Browning. You know, one of the talking points this week on our station down the Hall has been, you know, we talk about all the things Joe Burrow might be able to learn from Jake Browning or from Joe Flacco. But has Jake Browning learned anything from Joe Flacco over this last few weeks, and hopefully he has in the event that he has to play, whether it's Sunday or any other time. What are you going to learn from Joe Flacco that you learn from Joe Burrow. I mean, again, you can watch, you can study as much as you want, but you have to do it.
Speaker 1: And it's for him. It's not the physical because he was fine two years ago. It's maybe the two years, but also what's between his head. There's no cure for that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I do think that maybe that's actually where Flacco could be helpful, because Joe Burrow almost has this superhuman ability to process, right, Joe Flacco is this forty year old dad like figure that can maybe explain things in a different way, or provide a different perspective, or just there's something that clicks about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know his relationship with Jay Browning.
Speaker 9: I don't know what those meetings look like, but I think it would be, you know, possible that Browning picked up on something. But either way, nobody feels good about their chances with Jake Browning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I mean from top to bottom though outside who the quarterback is, the offensive line is doing their job. They're not just allowing him time to throw the ball. They're actually getting a gap for Chase brown to run through and put a big yards. And I would include in their sama JP Ryan is playing great. No fan is playing great. The one outlier there I think is Yoshi vas who's highly questionable. But other than that, top to bottom looks pretty solid, even the I said, the line as a unit is playing much better. Yeah, offensively.
Speaker 9: When it comes to the run game, they were the best run game in the NFL in the month of October and it wasn't really close, which is kind of amazing considering where this team was at. I mean, they're still thirty first in the NFL and run, but again, that speaks to how bad they were in the month of September. They totally flipped that script to be one of the best, if not the best, run games in the month of October. Can they keep that going? I think it's interesting too. Does that exist without the presence of Joe Flacco? So if Jake Browning has to play on Sunday, are they still going to be that effective in the run game? That I think is an interesting wrinkle in the whole thing. But you're right, offensive line feels like they're trending in the right direction, run game trending in the right direction. I almost think for a game like Sunday, Zach Taylor has to really be conscious of how much he's running the ball and controlling the clock because you want to play complimentary football, and the Bengals defense is so unbelievably bad that you might have to change the way you call the game offensively to keep your defense off the field.
Speaker 1: And what's going to help in that tremendously is the fact that the Bears come into this game absolutely struggling in run defense. I think they're the six month rushing bars allowed in the league. They're averaging like five point three a carry. Great for Chase brown great for the line. Great to take that pressure off of prison Jake Browning. You still have to throw the ball though, you can't just be one dimensional. But still if you look at that as a Bengals fan, going do we have a puncher's chance in this one? But that's the offense, right, We're back to this defense Austin. I saw this the twenty twelve Saints, notoriously the worst defense as far as yards allowed. They gave up over seven thousand yards this year. Today, the Bengals in twenty twenty five through seven games, thirty two to sixty three is what they've gone up. If you look at those numbers, they are on pace to be very close to what the Saints did in twenty twelve at all time worst runs. A lot of defense, yeah, and it's not a surprise. I mean the way that this team is playing, the lack of development, the inability to rush the passer. Now, with Trey Hendrickson being heard, I assume he's not going to play on Sunday. Logan Wilson's banged up as well, which is one of your better run defenders. When he's in the game. I don't know where they go from here. I mean think back to and I understand you use the Saints maybe as the ultimate example there, But think back to the last twenty five years and how many bad Bengals defenses that we said.
Speaker 9: I always reference. The twenty nineteen Bengals defense is the worst defensive unit I've ever watched play football. Well, how about this? This is a stat from Paul Danner Junior. It is the worst first eight games of any Cincinnati defense since two thousand.
Speaker 10: Cool.
Speaker 9: The twenty twenty five Bengals defense is dead last in total points allowed, points allowed per drive, defensive success percentage, expected points per play, and a touchdowns lout and touchdowns allowed per drive. The twenty twenty five Bengals. If you think there's multiple team two and three and four win teams in that twenty five years, this is the worst one.
Speaker 1: That's hard to fat That is really hard to believe. Isn't that considering the talent you have an offense? Yeah, I mean back then they didn't have that kind of talent on offense either. Yeah, they're bad on offense too. Really pretty good on offense now, great when Joe Burrow is in there. Pretty good when it's Joe Flacco not so good when it's Brownie, but all in all pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And it just begs the question where exactly do they go from here because it doesn't feel like they're anywhere close to figuring it out. I mean, Miles Murphy is nowhere close. Now they're probably gonna get Cedric Johnson back, who was a draft pick a year ago and actually played pretty good over the last five games of last sear It hasn't played yet this year, so maybe that can give them a little bit of juice. Rushing the passer fine, Jamar Chase still has more tackles this year than Shamar Stewart, which is hard to fath him again. Trey Hendrickson is hurt, Logan Wilson is hurt. The linebackers, the young rookie linebackers. When you watch the film against the Jets, that's some of the most embarrassing film you'll ever see. Getting confused, running the wrong directions. Look like he was taking plays off taken from another planet and dropped on a football field.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was embarrassing, embarrassing. I will say this though, you got Chicago team and Caleb Williams are quarterback that has the one of the longest release times in the National Football leaue well over three seconds, which is an eternity, right, sure that with a calendar in the NFL. So he's got time, he's the hockey has been sacked, I think, and then they got the quarterback like twelve times this year. So if this is if there's a game where Shamar Stewart's gonna have time, it's gonna slow down to figure out be able to get to the quarterback. It's gonna begainst the Bears. You would think.
Speaker 9: I would not think that because if he's holding onto the ball that long, then I mean obviously they haven't had an issue getting protecting him anyways.
Speaker 1: Right, what I'm saying is it gives me more time to be able to figure I mean, I think you're a high draft pick.
Speaker 9: You should be able to solve that. I would say that. It just means they're going to carve up the Bengals secondary. See, you're always half full. There's nothing to you want another stat I got another stack?
Speaker 1: You know this stick?
Speaker 9: Give me uplifting up against the Jets last week? All right, the Jets offensive line ranked dead last in the NFL, and pressure percentage allowed, pressures per game and sacks per game. The Bengals had zero sacks in one quarterback and it came from a blitz from Cam Taylor Britt. The Jets had the worst offensive line in the National Football League, and that's all the Bengals can manage down and they blitzed twenty five percent of the time, a quarter of the snaps they blitzed, and that's all they could get. So it doesn't matter if Caleb Williams holds onto the ball, they aren't getting to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But if that really threw off turn me off. I mean, I kind of knew that, but I'm just trying to I'm trying to put a spin where it's not.
Speaker 9: It's not completely there is no spin. There is no hope. No defensively, there's no hope. And if Hendrickson doesn't play, hell no, there's I don't think it's gonna play. Yeah, that don't think you believe it passed the by Yeah.
Speaker 1: If there is no defensive if you have Flacco in there, it could get down to shut out where they get the last possession. Austin, look at me, you get the last possession. Look at me, get the last possession and they win like with three seconds.
Speaker 9: Sure, that's what they did against Yeah, that's what they were trying to do against the Ess All that's the pass.
Speaker 1: Just hold on.
Speaker 9: That's the game they have to play. Can we, please, Dear God, get the ball last and maybe we'll have a chance. And then maybe Zach Taylor will pissed down his leg again like he did Sunday against the Jets. That could very well be because that's the thing, that's who this team is. So I got him winning by three.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, man, go ahead?
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 9: In two thousand and no Joe Flacco, no hope. In two thousand and nine, the Bengals were four and two and hosting the Chicago Bears.
Speaker 1: All right, it was the Cedric Benson revenge game.
Speaker 9: The Bengals ran all over him and beat him forty five to ten, one of the best games in Bengals history for Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson. Chris Henry caught a touchdown in that game. I think the score could be similar in favor of Chicago this week. Really, that forty five to ten type of thing.
Speaker 1: Embarrassing, another embarrassing loss. Yeah, what's the line that it's only like two and a half. I think two and a half. I don't understand that. Yeah, I'm kind of putting money on the Bears on that one.
Speaker 9: And I mean I do think you're like, if with Joe Flacco there is a path for them to offensively it works, sure and figure it out.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 9: However, no Jo, you have to know, no Trey Hendrickson, you have to be able to score forty to fifty points. That's hard to do. It requires near perfection offensively. No Joe, no Tray, no chance. That's exactly exactly right, Zach. Zach Taylor said this week that he had a one on one meeting with Joe Burrow. The amount of money I would pay to hear that conversation and what Burrow has to say about walks with a smirk and probably how are you doing? Yeah, yeah, what are you going to say? I mean they just kind of sit there in silence. I look at each other.
Speaker 1: I asked the Horde about this too, Like, you know, when you get guys like Jamar Chase chirping a little bit, like a little bit at the defense right after the game, and how long before that's snowballs?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Right, you start losing some of those guys like this is stupid.
Speaker 9: I mean, you think about it. You you've already had Logan Wilson. And then last night McKinley Jackson requested a trade. Gino Stone said that, and Jamar Chase said he sought out Gino Stone and wanted to talk to him about this defensive players only meeting, and those two, you know, kind of leaders on each side of the ball hashed it out themselves. I really appreciate Jamar Chase leaning into the leadership role that he has and being the guy that speaks up and being honest and transparent of all that. And Jamar said, when Joe is hurt, everybody looks to me. And he this year, first year being a captain, I think has done a marvelous job of stepping up and holding people accountable and doing the right things as a leader. Nobody on defense has done that. You remember Trey Henderson, he wanted to be that guy. Where's Trey Hendrickson? He's quiet. Yeah, those guys, you know, they voted for Trey because he's an All Pro player. Yeah, he's the best guy. They didn't vote for Trey to be a captain because he's a captain and shows leadership abilities. They voted for him because, oh he's our best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not the vocal guy yelling at people right correct and from top to bottom, that's the m O of this team. It's always been like quiet, uh shucks, kind of you know, do your job. And I mean, well, I think they use somebody like I mean coaching back of coaching, but there's plenty of players, but like Dan Campbell, I mean you just look at Dan Cambell like he's gonna when when push comes to shove, he's gonna he's gonna make some noise if they're not playing up to the satisfaction.
Speaker 9: The entire Lions organization shares the identity of his head coach. Yes, and you could say to an extent that the Bengals currently feel that way with Zach Taylor, which is this kind of aloof quiet, everything's gonna be okay type of.
Speaker 1: Thing, like Milton from Auto Space.
Speaker 9: I will say this though, like prior to this year, there were guys in the leader in the locker room that were leaders, Von Bell, Sam Hubbard, Mike Hilton. Those type of players aren't there anymore.
Speaker 1: That's a problem.
Speaker 9: Defensively, there's no culture. Even lou Anna Rubo is no culture. Spoke softly but carried a big stick in those rooms. And I just don't think it exists right now. And again, another guy asking for a trade in the days after a player's only meeting and after letting go a guy like Mike Panell, who was one of those veteran dudes who's supposed to be a leader. I just think that that side of the ball is a complete and total mess. I would agree with you there, Joe Flacco versus Jake Browning. If Flacco can, if let's say he's hurt, can if with his left hand, could he still be better than Jake brown based off the last time we saw Jake Browning plugs. Yeah, okay, got it. Let's look at something a little more positive here. You see at Utah, it's a ten to fifteen start tomorrow and seventeenth rank Bearcats, twenty fourth ranked utes ESPN Game Day is gonna be out out in Utah. Twice this year they face a team from Utah. This would be the first one, and they look pretty good. Utah does. It's gonna be looks very good and they're favored right now by double digits. Now A big part of that is a home night game and all that stuff, and Evan Pryor the Bearcat running back is gonna be out.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a toll task for U see.
Speaker 9: But offensively, if Brendan soarsby plays the way he's been playing, they will have a shot in.
Speaker 1: Absolutely it should be a fun game to watch. They all have been fun to watch. And of course Cea on Sunday, yos and can put it away in Columbus, which I kinda do.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I get the home thing and you want to see him win it at home and that's great, but you don't. Anything can happen again. Time to exercise some demons in Columbus. One win all time in the city of Columbus for FC Cincinnati. Get it done on Sunday, move on to the next run. And they were all over them the other night too and could not put it away. Yeah, stood at pretty outside. They did pretty well. So got with a one nil win on den Keys. Pretty good goal. Austin Olmore today at noon with Tony Pike on ESPN fifteen thirty. Appreciate you have a great weekend. Who day, Go Bearcats, Go FC home of all that more seven hundred ww Cincinnati, don't want to be an American.
Speaker 2: Rain is all the.
Speaker 1: Highest with wet should cry out trick or treating the night. We are good for the little one who's and also for moms and dads who don't need the extra sugar but will gladly partake in stealing It's called the dad text and taking the snicker and the reeses and checking them for razor blades, which isn't a real thing. We made that up in order to screw kids over. I need to check that looks like there's a needle in it, and then you eat the snakers. No, I guess there was. Because kids are stupid and we need to take advantage of them. Also, with Halloween being today, tis the season to talk about ghosts and stuff like that. Why not. I'm in the holiday spirit myself. And the thing with ghost is, man, this is why you got to live a really clean or a fairly clean mortal life is because you don't want to screw this up and become a ghost. Because if you're walking around with chains on and you're going and visiting Scrooge in the middle of the night, you don't get any rest. He doesn't get any rest. It's a bad looks. Optics are bad for everybody. It's a real pain of the ass to screw up your life, or we gotta be a ghost Echo Bowtine's on the show this morning on seven hundred ww a real life ghostbuster and will teach you how not to become a ghost in a trap soul. I don't think I've ever had this subject matter before my show before, but I this is the kind of stuff I really like to talk about. E goo, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, good morning. I got to go have about sixteen cups of coffee, catch up to you. Smoke.
Speaker 1: It just comes out, It just comes out. But yeah, I'm busy, and when I die, I won't be as busy anymore. But when I die, I don't want to be a I don't want to be bothering people in the afterlife. I bother people enough now you know. I'll be tired. Then I just want to I want to rest. How do I not become a ghost and bother people?
Speaker 8: Oh God, you're a riot. Okay, let's see now go here's what you do. You take care of business while you're here on earth? There, Okay, So the book, which is called How to Live a Happily ever After Life, is about the six main reasons that we have discovered why ghosts choose to be ghosts.
Speaker 5: I mean, when we do a ghost.
Speaker 8: Listing job and I say week because I'm talking about my brother Michael and I.
Speaker 7: We always ask these souls what.
Speaker 8: Well, we always ask them, what's your name? And why are you here?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: And that's got you know, it's unfinished business, that's what you're saying, because I got something I gotta okay, and I think I kind of know that, right. That's what ghosts do. They hang around, they annoy you because that's what ghosts do. They're looking for some closure and you got How does a ghost get closure?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: God?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 11: You have to work on your beliefs about death before you die, because you know it's got Some of these souls they don't They don't believe in life after death.
Speaker 5: So when they die, when their soul comes out of their body, they don't know what to do.
Speaker 11: They they don't understand what's going on. They don't understand why angels are showing up saying, hey, come on with us, we'll take you to the other side. It's it's really kind of sad. Yeah, I'm thinking about teenage souls that I've met that say when we say why are you here.
Speaker 5: Why don't you go to the other side. Oh, it's going to be really boring.
Speaker 11: I'm going to get angel wings and then I'm just going to have to be serious and me an angel it's like, oh my god. Or another reason is people will say, well, my ex wife is over there and I hate her, or my ex.
Speaker 5: Cousin or my parents, or that they don't somebody they don't want to run into is on the other side, and so they think if they go there, they're going to run into them right away. I mean, you know what's that. It's more like ghost counseling than ghostbustinghs it.
Speaker 1: Heaven's kind of a big place, isn't there room. I mean, you're not going to be on top of these If there's a jerk, you just avoid them, you know, you pick a different cloud.
Speaker 11: I know, honey. But see, that's the point is people don't think about it. They they you know, hear from other people what they believe about life after death, and so they think, okay, well, as soon as I get to have an I'm on a run into Susie and this one Ghosts that I met.
Speaker 5: She said that her boyfriend killed her and then he committed suicide.
Speaker 11: And she said, I don't want to go anywhere where he is. And I said to her, Sherry, Heaven is a really big place, and I said, chances of you running into this guy, I said, you know, when you get there, you can tell people you don't want to see.
Speaker 5: This guy, you don't want to talk to this guy.
Speaker 3: And it's so.
Speaker 11: Interesting to watch their expressions because they're like, oh, I never.
Speaker 7: Thought about that, isn't there Heaven.
Speaker 1: There's got to be some police for I mean, you get a restraining order and there are like a dead judge that can.
Speaker 5: Do that, you know, Scott, I've never given that any thought.
Speaker 1: Sure, there's got to be some sort of legal recourse in heaven. You know, it's not just a free for all do whatever you want. There's got to be some rules, and if there's roles, there's got to the authority to enforce the rules. So I don't know, if you go to God or whatever you could get he's like the Supreme Court and then the apostles everybody else below him. Those are like your appellet courts and down away.
Speaker 11: I think you should write a book.
Speaker 5: I think you should write a book on this, because you just said things to me that I've never even thought about it.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. I don't know how to read anyway. It's echo Bodin on the show this morning on seven hundred Wow, how to be a Live, a happily ever after life stores are trapped souls on to become basically not how to be how to not become a ghost out there bothering people, dragon change. It seems like a lot of work being a ghost haunting people, isn't it.
Speaker 11: Yes, it can be. I mean, but you know, okay, so some of them they just start making the noises and playing with the lights and the computers and TVs because they're bored and.
Speaker 5: They want some attention. Others are kind of jerks when they were living, and so they're they're loving this here.
Speaker 1: You're an ahole in life. You're an a hole in that perfect yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yes, yes, so it really is. You know, I mean, we all end up there, and it's a.
Speaker 11: Good idea to give us some thought before you go. Because I have seen souls who.
Speaker 5: When they come out of their body. They're just like, I don't know what to do. I don't know, you know what The number one reason is. These souls tell us they are afraid if they go to heaven they're going to get sent to hell.
Speaker 1: Oh says oh, okay, yeah, well it's like it's kind of like fomo, right is it?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I'd really like to go if it's everything they promise, But I gotta feel I'm gonna go there, I'm gonna apply, I'm gonna sit there, I'm gonna do all this fill off the paperwork, and then I'm gonna get bounced and I don't I'm as well. Purgatory is not so bad. Just hanging around being a ghost as isn't so bad.
Speaker 5: Okay, Scott, really, I promise you don't have to still out paperwork when you get there.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Everything's a bureaucracy, but but I I couldn't disagree with Himore. I guarantee you there's paperwork.
Speaker 2: You got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you got to bring an ID. It's a real thing. Waiting in lines. Tell me there's a line to get in the head. There's got to be a line.
Speaker 5: I mean, heaven is huge. It's like saying, there's gotta be a line to get to earth. No is there.
Speaker 11: It's all over the place.
Speaker 1: Somebody, somebody's checking you in.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: It's not a new business models. It's not like, oh, we've got an app and you do all your check in on time. I don't care. This is old school. I gotta go wait in a lot. I talk to a guy and then he's late because he's on his break, and then I'm waiting for somebody else, and it's not you know, AI isn't going to solve this thing I got. I'm still literally, I got a pen and a clipboard in the waiting room like a doctor's office, and I'm filling stuff out. There's there's a line.
Speaker 5: Believe believe me. It's very organized, very organized. People know when you get there.
Speaker 11: People know ahead of time when we're dying, our deceased loved ones and our relatives, they know, oftentimes they're there waiting for us, or oftentimes when we are in our dying process, they are here with us on this side, so that when our soul comes out of the body, Oh there's mom, there's dad, there's grandpa, there's grandma, there's my dog Charlie. Yeah, I mean, it's a pretty cool system the way it works.
Speaker 1: How do they know? What kind of notification do they get? Did it pop up on their phone to get an email? What happens? How do they know I'm dying? How would they know?
Speaker 2: They?
Speaker 5: Okay, so before you pass away, your soul is communicating with people on the other side. Okay, your soul knows that your death is coming. You're not conscious of it, but your soul is communicating with the people on the other side. And there are greets had their really nice souls that welcome, welcome you home. Really, it's a really cool system of welcoming your soul back home. Even you know. I was just reading a story.
Speaker 11: Last night about lady who committed suicide and she was so afraid that she wasn't going to get into heaven. And people that commit suicide they go into heaven just like everybody does.
Speaker 1: I thought that was a sin. I thought that was I thought that was a no go. I thought that's a bad one.
Speaker 5: No, that's just religions perspective.
Speaker 6: But no, Yeah, the people that I've.
Speaker 11: Communicated with have all said no, no, no, no, no, God doesn't No, God's not like that, that angry, vengeful, jealous god.
Speaker 5: Now that doesn't exist. And if somebody is hurting that bad to take their life, of course they're welcomed back home. So it's a different system.
Speaker 1: At least what most of us have been taught, you know, right, echobodines on the show this morning, how to live a happy, happily ever after life, stories of trap soles on to become one basically, not how to become a ghost, and that is closing a business before you pass away, making sure that there's no loose ends left in your light. And how do you convert someone who's well, let me back up a second, How the hell do you know all this stuff? What makes you an expert on the afterlife?
Speaker 3: How do you know that?
Speaker 11: I have psychic abilities? And so I have been I don't believe me.
Speaker 5: I have been slowly.
Speaker 11: Learning about all of this for the last fifty four years, and I just have these experiences, you know, when someone passes, I'm able to communicate with their soul and they tell me about heaven. I've had three friends and the last year die that have come back and oh my, you know this is happening. That's happening. It's It's been a fun and very interesting experience because I've learned things that we aren't taught in religion. And that's another reason why I thought, you know, I need to write this book, because people have a lot of misconceptions about death. A lot of people are so afraid to die, and there's you know what, Scott, it seems like, at least from what I've seen and what I've heard from people, it's probably the easiest thing we'll ever do, is when we finally let go of the body and we just move on to the other side. And it is gosh, Scott, the pictures I've seen of the other side are absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 1: And can you send some to me? Would you? How do you get the pictures? Are they dead gramm or fatal book? Is it like the dB I have?
Speaker 5: Oh god, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 11: I have what's called clairvoyance, which means that you get visions. I get visions in my mind and I communicate with spirit in my mind. They think to me, that's how they commut.
Speaker 2: Sow.
Speaker 5: It's just been a matter of kind of putting together.
Speaker 11: A big jupa saw puzzle of Oh that, oh, now I understand that picture. Oh now I understand what this person meant. Yeah, it's been it's been a long journey, but very interesting. And the other thing that's cool is I just I keep learning, you know. It isn't like, oh my god, got I would not claim to be an expert on this stuff. I am just passing on what I've learned so far.
Speaker 1: I've talked to other folks like yourself. It's the same thing. It's like, it's just you're like a conduit, you know. And I think there's some consistency there and the like. But okay, So I think the question most people have is what is the absolute echo? What is the absolute bare minimum bare minimum I need to be able to get into heaven? What's like the what is this I just need to get It's like passing the class, right, All I need to do is get.
Speaker 6: That d.
Speaker 8: Honey, there's no.
Speaker 1: Wait, man, I could go Are you saying I could go like murder someone and still get into heaven. That doesn't seem right.
Speaker 5: Yes, I know it doesn't seem right, but I mean that that's going to involve karma. So what you do to others, you will experience yourself. It all balances out, it all.
Speaker 11: Has to balance out, and so what we it's the golden rule of what we do unto others comes back onto us.
Speaker 1: And yeah, there's no there's no Hell. Then we got that wrong.
Speaker 5: They angels have told me there is no such place as hell, because God.
Speaker 11: Would never create a place like that. But it doesn't mean that we all get to be terrible people and then go on to the other side because we bring we bring that guilt with us, we bring that shame.
Speaker 10: That ugh.
Speaker 11: I mean, I've seen some souls who and that's what I mean when I ask these ghosts, Okay, why don't you go to the other side?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh God, there's no way. There's no way I could.
Speaker 11: I'm going to get sent to Hell for sure. They'll go there and they'll have to work through.
Speaker 5: All the crap that they did to people.
Speaker 1: So it's like you go, it's like the minor leagues of heaven. Basically you sent down a like low A, and then you work on your game until you build up, maybe you get promoted to Triple A and eventually make the big league Heaven club kind of thing.
Speaker 11: Well, you know what, there are different levels I've seen that also different levels in heaven, and so you know, if you're murdering people, you are, boy, you're at the bottom of the.
Speaker 5: Wrong I mean, you're in heaven. But you know what's got It's kind of like.
Speaker 11: People that commit these kind of crimes against other people or animals, they take all that guilt with them and they have to work it out some way.
Speaker 7: So yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: What's that part of having called where it's like the low end, the you know, the the wrong side is what do you call these? Is it called Pittsburgh there too?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 5: No, it's just when you're there, you're kind, you're it's.
Speaker 2: Like you're.
Speaker 11: Certain level soul.
Speaker 5: But you know what, we've got it here. I mean, think about it. We've got old souls here, young souls here, the young souls or the kids in the gangs, people that are hurting other people. Then we've got you know, older souls and they're the ones trying to help the younger souls. And oh yeah, well it really is.
Speaker 1: It is fascinating. We got to talk in depth. Maybe some other time. I'd love to have you back.
Speaker 2: Echo, Okay, sweet Sight, just let me know.
Speaker 1: Echo Bodine, who is not only clairvoyant but also how to live a happily ever after life. Stories of trap souls and how not to become one, which your chips to sounds to me like you're pretty golden here just by you. It's like, man, I'm just showing up and I get into heaven. I don't have to do anything good. This is pretty sweet. I gotta get going because I got a crime spree to get to.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, Okay, you go, I got.
Speaker 1: Some banks for rob. I'll see you later.
Speaker 2: Echo.
Speaker 1: Now I get you some twenties. You seem like a good kid over there. And first of for me, I've lived in a city where crime has looked at favorite by this administration.
Speaker 8: Guy.
Speaker 1: You you promise that to do it again? You're fine, You're fine. We all get to go to everyone gets a participation ribbon. Apparently, why are we fighting it? Why are we fighting it? Great? Uh a converse. I try to have her on every year at Gobodine how not to become a ghost simply because it's Halloween, And uh that's kind of ghost story. See Thealian right there, and they all heavy lift. We've got lots of serious stuff going on in the world. It's Friday morning, and on top of that, it's Halloween. Let's just enjoy things at least for today. Anyway, we'll reset back on Monday. Here Scott Sloan, I'm the whole, the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WWT Cincinnati. The weekend's coming on and you need to make the most advent.
Speaker 2: Where do you go and what to do?
Speaker 4: She has the tips and insight to help you make it a super weekend, So listen up. This is the Local Loop with Ali Martin on seven hundred WLW yay.
Speaker 1: I love that because it means the weekend and it's like literally inches away here where let's look, we're first in goal right now. Allie Martin is here and she brought a fan. Ali.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 10: I am great?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm doing well. Miranda McGee is here with American Legacy tourists and since he's token Australian, certainly am today our DEI appointment on the show to.
Speaker 10: Smile checking that box.
Speaker 1: You're welcome say something on Australian.
Speaker 10: Oh you want me to say that ain't a knife, this is an ife. I know what you want.
Speaker 1: I will say. I was in Australia for two weeks. It was a bucket list trip when I was there and I tried vegemite and actually really not that bad. I mean she just ate it straight up, which is horrible, but vegemite is it's really salty. You got to put a little bit on with a lot of butter and a piece of toast.
Speaker 4: I wasn't that bad.
Speaker 10: Look if you can eat Skyline chili, pret you're prepared and Vegemi's just logical.
Speaker 1: Next you, please, you gotta do the beautiful country. I love Australia. I'm really, really, really pleased, so going to talk. But the reason why Miranda is here with Adley this morning is because tolloween have your costume is great and thank you gone as an idiot again this year?
Speaker 6: What are you?
Speaker 1: I'm an underachiever. Give me your damn candy as I've lost my mind, yes moron. The reason why is she has all these ghost stories, and I think it's even scarier when you have someone in the Australian accents. Wow, okay, it softens a bit.
Speaker 12: And Miranda honestly is the best person to tell these ghost stories. Yes, because she has an accent, but also she is just as scared of them.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if I take the ghost stories. If you had a British accent, like really you know, to me, that's like okay, you're like yeah, some sort of. But the Australian accent, I don't know if I could take you seriously. You're like your your accents like the banjo of spoken word, very happy.
Speaker 10: Have you ever seen a sca at Australian there? So, yeah, that's a.
Speaker 1: Whole number freakishly big spiders.
Speaker 10: And I was raised with humorus. That's what my dad called them. Half human, half kangaroo. It's a little known in fact, but the only way you could escape from a humorou was to go into the tent, lay down and close your eyes and breathe deeply as a child, which is the way to get us to go to therapy.
Speaker 1: Look them up, go to bed, or the kangaroo is going to come out from in your.
Speaker 2: Bed and eat you.
Speaker 10: Those are the vampire kanker.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's getting it done. Yes, that's a good thought to put a child's head, all right, So let's jump.
Speaker 10: In the beauty behind this, right.
Speaker 12: Miranda has all of these ghost stories, and we like to talk about what's happening in the city, and we just so happen to have a lovely pairing of things that are happening in the city, but also ghost stories to go along with it. So if you go to any of these events that we're talking about, you could think of all of the scary things that she's about to tell in an Australian accent. So it's a party starter. Okay, here we go, Miranda. Shall we start with Higbel?
Speaker 10: I'd love to start with Highbell. Let's start with Hibel. Yeah, you want to tell me what's going on at Hibel first? Or should I give the history?
Speaker 12: Let's tell So what's happening at high Ball is they have a pop up called the Black Lagoon pop up, So it's basically cocktails and coffins, you name it, killer cocktails that have everything to do with Halloween. And it's only around until November first, so you're gonna want to check that out. It's very similar to like, you know how the Miracle Bar has the pop up during the holidays.
Speaker 10: This is like that, but for Halloween. Sure it's at high Ball near Friendly Market. Yeah, which is great because if you want to have with the cocktails, because if you want to have spirits with spirits that is where I go at high Ball. The building's been there since the early eighteen hundreds and it used to be a candy store and the man who ran it, Joseph Heller, he was called the Candy Man. He was very well known in Overthrown, which sounds terrifying, but he was quite a beloved figure and ever since Jacob Trevino and them have been set up at high Ball. When you're down in the basement, if they look at the cameras, they see like when they're closing up at night, they see figures walking through the hole above them. As they're closing up in the back room, the party room, they'll hear sounds of a celebration and party. But when they go that back there and open the door, there's nobody there, and the bar stuff are quite relaxed about it. They're like it's a joyous place. I'm like, they're not alive, and they're like it's all good. They always have candy in a ball on stand, right, it's so weird. You're lasting ball of candy.
Speaker 1: And they all got candy that had like a razor blade in it. That's how they died. And that's the Candyman can horrible.
Speaker 12: Yeah, didn't you say and tell me the story or tell all of us the story about how Halloween wasn't celebrated on a certain day because of.
Speaker 10: That was a candy man, that was the Cincinnati Strangler.
Speaker 1: But do you know the would you get it straight?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 1: She's going from different a lot of them.
Speaker 10: There's a lot of trap.
Speaker 1: Sammy Davis Junior going by. I don't know what's going on over here? What else you get?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: What's this one?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 10: The Cincinnati Strangler terrorized the city between late nineteen sixty five and sixty six, and he strangled assultant and tragically strangled seven women, some with their unclothing, stockings and belts. And because of that, Halloween was moved to Sunday afternoon for a couple of years in Cincinnati, and some counties still celebrated on Sunday because of the Cincinnati strangle.
Speaker 1: It so awful they changed. He got single handedly destroyed Halloween.
Speaker 10: I don't think that was the worst thing he did.
Speaker 12: But it's time heels all right, there's a lot more people I would say that that is true.
Speaker 10: That is true.
Speaker 1: If you look wow people, I tend to look at the glass. I tend to look at the juggler as half full.
Speaker 10: The windpipe.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I did. All right, that's pretty cool. So the string and what what year was that?
Speaker 10: When the late nineteen sixty five to sixty sex and then the guy who was accused of it, I do not think actually did it. He did murder someone, but the murder was so different than all the other strangler deaths. It's just that when this guy got arrested, all the strangler killing stopped, and so they literally pinned it on this guy. He could still be alive and well and walking on our community.
Speaker 2: Wow. All right.
Speaker 1: God, if only Dateline were around back then, going or.
Speaker 12: Even now right, all right, if you couldn't pick up a common theme here, there's a lot of death that happens inner city, including around the tunnels right Finley Market area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all those tunnels have to have stories.
Speaker 10: Yeah, oh, one hundred percent. In the northern part of over the Rhine, which is where Finley Market is, until the eighteen fifties, there were no taxes and no laws. It was like the wild West over there.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 10: Some people think it is. I agree, I'm like sure, some people still think that's true. I always say it's kind of like Australia. So that's why it feels so comfortable in the northern end of over the Rhine.
Speaker 9: But because of that, all her fault, not getting a wrap for this, I wasn't even born then, what.
Speaker 10: The hell right, she's been around for a long time, just reinventing us.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 10: So because of that, there's a lot of deaths that happened there, a lot of murder that was never resolved, it was never reported, never resolved, and because of that, spirits can't move on. According to our paranormal team, there's probably a lot of pe people died building these eighteen hundreds brewery tunnels, and then once the tunnels were constructed, probably a lot of people died in the tunnels due to a lot of gangster energy and uh and activity we had here over the Rye and in Newport. So because of that reason, there's all these spirits down there. Ali has experienced some firsthands.
Speaker 1: Have had the future. You could be a good ghost. You don't get over stuff easy either. No spirits grudge.
Speaker 12: Honestly, one of there was one time that we were down in the tunnels and the ghosts did not call me a very nice name. I'm not sure I could say it on air. I was a little offended, but it didn't stop me from going back down.
Speaker 1: Wait, you heard the ghost and taught you Yeah, So.
Speaker 10: Actually, do you want to explain what the estes method?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, we use the spirit box. These are on our Ultimate Nightmare and Elm Street tours. That's what these tours are called. Down in the tunnels, and you have a spirit box which basically scans through radio stations. The person on the spirit box has noise canceling headphones and usually blindfold so they can't All they can see and hear is the radio station scanning, and occasional words come out. Now where on the other side of this asking questions. The person with the headphones on cannot heal or we're asking. They just yell out the words that Oh, they just say the words that come up on the spill, and it's like having a conversation with someone. It is very eerie. You're on the outside again. They cannot hear you, and we'll ask who's speaking to us, like Ali will be like Abigail or something like it against you can't he have a name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Or like where do you want us to go and that day. And in addition to that element of equipment, have the copper rods? Have you seen those where you can be holding the copper rods, and you also ask questions, you know, across the rods, uncross the rods, yes or no, type questions, point in certain directions, point to certain people. When you're down in those tunnels enough times, they definitely start to recognize.
Speaker 10: And one of the ghosts called me an s.
Speaker 12: L u T and then we're like, okay, well, point at the person who you're calling that, and they pointed to me and she's just swinging it.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 10: It was really fast too. It didn't even hesitate.
Speaker 12: It didn't hesitate. They're probably very confused by the like, who is this giraffe in overalls? We've not seen this at our time? That's insane? Your sure, okay, so man, is it a bit is there? Like you know, Kyle's in the back room of the transitor, like over the microphone.
Speaker 10: We are incredibly pure. We have a paranormal team and they are incredibly respectful of the spirits. We're not allowed to use Wiji boards or anything like that because they don't like opening it up in our tunnels. We even do a prayer before and after to kind of make sure nothing follows us or attaches to the equipment, because you don't want to wake up with something at the end of your bed.
Speaker 12: And you're really good about debunking, right because people, you know, if if flashlights or something dies, there are elements of that. There have been multiple times where I've been in the tunnel and it's this really weird feeling. You know, if someone were to be like whispering in your ear and like if they cuff your hands, you're really really close.
Speaker 10: I've had that happen so many times where it's like, a way, it is weird, it is weird.
Speaker 5: You got me.
Speaker 1: I got to do one of these one.
Speaker 10: Come on, you shut all the lights off. It's only a flashlight. Come into the dock with us.
Speaker 1: How many people go in and pee themselves when this happens, By the way, is that common? Kind of do you haven? It was just down there.
Speaker 10: It was just one drunk guy who looked very uncomfortable for the tool asked if there were restrooms down the tunnels. I'm like, well, these are eighteen hundreds be a tunnels. No, it's not restrooms. So then he disappeared from the group and then came back looking much relieved, and he it's not the man.
Speaker 1: That drinking a couple of beers before Ali is here. It's a local along with Miranda McGee. She's an American Legacy Tours and since he's token Australian, we're talking about Ghoster real coasters in Cincinnati. We've got uh, we got slashers and stranglers. We've got the tunnels where the or prohibition and beer and people are dying under there, and we got spirits that are talking over radios and there's copper rods involved. And Ali is the moral characters.
Speaker 10: We got it, all those spirits. Little you didn't bring the whiskey down here? What the heck?
Speaker 12: Legibly there's a dog in one of the tunnels, which segues really nicely because right near a friendly market. Also, this weekend there's going to be a Halloween dog costume contest, So if you want to dress up your your dog and maybe try to win some cash and some money and also go down into the tunnels and take a tour at the same time, so we had.
Speaker 6: To do it.
Speaker 1: Is it a good idea to bring your rott water down there with a haunted dog docking is what could go wrong?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 10: Nothing, nothing like a fantastic idea. You know, it's so weird to me. And it's not an Australian thing, Scott. When you were in Australia, did you say any animals like dressed.
Speaker 1: Up dressed dressed up animals?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Ascote I was a mascot at the at the stand at the cricket Grounds in Melbourne where I saw.
Speaker 10: That's a mascot yet strolling around with the animals jump. It was winter there, so it's not It's not a thing in Australia. In fact, I googled it to make sure it wasn't a thing, and all it gave me a I just gave me. It's like, did you mean fairies? I did not, I really, I really meant animals dressing.
Speaker 1: Like literally dressing your dog up as a fireman.
Speaker 10: Or Australia does not have a reference for that. They're like, I think you mean fairies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really don't get it. It's just an American things.
Speaker 10: It's adorable. I love its. Americans love our dog. We love our dogs.
Speaker 1: Try to yeah, we try to make them assume as possible.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it because dogs are the best people I know, Well.
Speaker 10: Unless you're my neighbor. I'm about to beef with my neighbor.
Speaker 1: Oh we got beef.
Speaker 10: Oh we got beef.
Speaker 12: She's got a little dog, and then my boyfriend's dog. It's a golden dude, cutsehole thing. All she wants to do is love, have love, infection and lick fays. This morning, She's like, sh that dog looks like it's over forty pounds, but she's not. We're gonna talk about this in the meeting, and I'm like, oh, you're messing with the wrong I'm gonna dress her up as a little cute little pumpkin and it's gonna win everybody over and the.
Speaker 1: One person complaining and Miranda, this is how the ghost stories start. One hundred years I'm turning. There is this tall you see, and she had a golden douce.
Speaker 10: I find out your apartment building is haundered now in a mysterious death to me like the dog is overwhelm and her dogs.
Speaker 1: You got home for one more?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 10: Ooh? How about music Hall? Music Hall one of the top fifty most haunted places in the United States. According to Time magazine, Okay, what makes it honest? So it's a threefold reason. If you look at music Hall, it's like divided into three buildings. The north end was the site of an orphanage. The middle building were Springer Auditorium is right behind it. What is now a parking garage was Ohio's first lunatic asylum. Their words not mine, and they buried a lot of the patients from the lunatic asylum in the foundation of Music Hall. I used to turn patients loosely. These people were treated horribly. You could hear the screams from across the canal where Central Parkway is now, and you could be put into the lunatic asylum for almost nothing. Husbands would put their wives in there for being too emotional metapause. I know I would have been. It's called perrymanopause. I would have been in it like that. And then then South end when they dug out the foundation in twenty six they found over two hundred pounds of human remains in the south end from one of the cholera epidemics we had. There's a mass grave in there. It between mass grave, Lunatic Asylum, orphanage. You're kind of checking the boxes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of a lot of angry people with issues. Yeah, a lot of track turns a lot of people with this shoes.
Speaker 12: And if you want to hang out at Music Hall this weekend and see hocus Pocus with the Systiddy Pops, you can also do that on this Saturday and Sunday, seven thirty on Saturday, two o'clock on Sunday and the screen hocus Pocus and listen to the Pops.
Speaker 1: That's really cool to do this for an hour. But Marana, thanks for coming in today. We'll want to go and get the tours.
Speaker 10: I just go to American Legacy Tours dot com and we have fourteen different tours. We have History Tours running throughout the underground, Gangster Baseball Tours, and then right now we have six different hornted tours. So whenever you want to come.
Speaker 1: Gangster Tour or Gangster Tour, it's very important.
Speaker 10: It depends on how I'm feeling that I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, all right, su two chains over anyway Atli Martin. Thanks for popping in at the local loop of course at Alan Art Nate and every morning every Friday morning. It's the local loop of Ali Martin and we'll have a great Halloween, hopefully get some candy. Slowey seven hundred ww Cincinnati,