Speaker 1: Has nothing to do with her implementing the job that they wanted done and all that stuff. It was purely political. They were getting some heat, so they fired her. And you know, I made the case with Willie. You know, no one would would say her tenure as a police chief is she's been like a tough on crime kind of person.
Speaker 2: You couldn't do that.
Speaker 1: But I would argue that that a lot of that has to do with the plan and what the mayor.
Speaker 2: And the city manager what implemented.
Speaker 1: They are never there, have been, and never will be people that want people arrested, and want crime crack down on, and want more arrests, want more police presence. So how can how's it her fault if from the top, the people above her don't want those things implement the things that you know, any person with a brain knows goes into, you know, creating a situation of safety, which is you got to arrest criminals and you got to be there and you got to you know, crack down on things that aren't going right, and that come from the top, in my opinion, never happened. They fired her for political reasons and now it's a big mess.
Speaker 3: Well, let's talk to a guy who wrote a co wrote an article for The Inquirer Cincinnati dot com this morning. Scott Warmant always our pleasure and Scott, you heard us talking the assessment of what's going on here. Let's face it, man, it's a purely political move.
Speaker 4: That's definitely what the chief is contending in her attorneys and her family. Thirty family and friends that showed up the city hall yesterday. They read the mayor and the council the Riot Act, saying that she's being railroaded and scapegoat the mayor. He didn't have any comment yesterday, but he's maintaining that this is a city manager's decision. Although leading up to this when we asked him like do you still have confidence in the chief, he wouldn't say one way or the other. But exactly, you know what's driving this? The administration, uh is tight lipped about it. They're just saying they're looking at reviewing her leadership whatever that means.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's at this point, Uh, they aren't really releasing what. You know, what changed, why all of a sudden the police chief's job was not adequate?
Speaker 1: Is that guy, and I'm talking about the mayor. Has he ever been definitive about anything. Has he ever said this is how I feel, this is what I want done, this is how it is. It's like everything is is like you got to like kind of it's it's political horse speak. It's like, well, yeah, I don't want to kind of box myself in. You can tell he's doing the mental calculation if I say this and you know that the politically it's that's the problem with this guy. That's why there's no much not much respect for him because he doesn't take a hard line on anything. You don't know how he feels about any situation. You don't know what where he stands on any particular issue. It's always, well we think this or it's to me, that's the root of the problem. You've got a guy that you don't really know what he stands for on any issue.
Speaker 4: Well, in this case, it's been I mean I've had the pretty much camp out at city Hall, get the drip of information as it comes out, but it's been it's kind of frustrating trying to piece together you know, what's really going on here is because the information has come out piecemeal and at odd times. But yeah, as far as you know what's behind this, it can only speculate.
Speaker 3: Well, we're we're talking to Scott Warman from the Inquire Cincinnatia dot com and Scott, it seems to me this was, as we've been talking about, a political move to bolster his minoral campaign, and it seems to be quite the opposite. And now people are going to take it a hard look at this guy. Where the only are you doing?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 4: I mean it's definitely because the campaign issue now, I mean that's that's one thing that it's sure it is. I mean that's everything now. All the oxygen is directed towards uh, you know what's going to happen in the police chief and the police department.
Speaker 3: Right because I've been seeing some of you wrote about was the yard signs and all that stuff. I must have gone home from work yesterday. I live in the downtown area now and I must have passed five or six of those supporting this area.
Speaker 4: You take a lot of them on the I know, like there's there are a lot on the west side. I haven't been all.
Speaker 3: Around town, but I look at the east side and yeah, I saw, like I said, half a dozen of them just around my immediate area.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So from here and here though Scott just you know, not the political side of it, but now lawyers are involved, and it's going to go to court, and there's potential payouts, and there was what are we looking at here kind of set the stage of of what's going to come down the line here From a from a legal.
Speaker 4: Standpoint, well, I mean the city is already or is already going through this with the fire chief, Chief Washington, who's suing for his dismissal. In this case, I mean, her contract with the city chief the chief contract is rather vague as far as you know what her severance. There is no reference to any severance package. And there's a question on whether she wasn't at will employee or not. So the city's contending that the city manager has the right to fire her, you know, whenever. But that's what it's going to really hinge on as far as whether you know, she is afforded to process legally or not. The mayor has said that this is going to take months, so I have no idea, you know, when a decision will be made, But I mean I would be very surprised if, yeah, there isn't a long protracted lawsuit at the end of this.
Speaker 1: And this is where it gets ugly too, right, because then they're they're going to go and dig up any dirt, assuming there is any of her, which I'm not sure there is, but they're going to dig up every bad thing she ever did. And that goes in the core, which means it comes into in the public. It's just a total mess. You just feel like if af Table were smarter at the start of all that. Look, he didn't want her in there, right and for political reasons. Fair if you just said, you know what, we just think we just kind of want to go in a different direction. Nothing you really did wrong. It's not like you were, you know, bad at your duties. It's just we kind of want to go a different direction. Just something a little bit fresher, kind of put her out the pasture like that, instead of saying she hasn't been been doing well at her job. It's the job that he gave her no direction and how to do properly.
Speaker 4: And again you touched on it. I mean, I haven't seen any specific accusations against her, So exactly what they're looking into I can't say. I don't know. It hasn't been revealed.
Speaker 3: And well I think we can all And Scott, you write about local politics. Of course, it's part of your job and that's what we do talk about it. But I don't care what side of the aisle you're on, Democrat, Republican. You hang somebody out to dry like they were trying to do with her, and like I said, I don't care which side you're on. It's a bad look, man, when it's that obvious.
Speaker 4: Well, I can say there's tension now between the administration and city council, and the city council's all Democrat as well, but you had some council members like Seth Walsh, Jeff Crammerding saying they want more information on what's going on, what this investigation entails, because they say they're not getting that they were just apprized at the last minute that the administration retained an outside council, so they're paying Frost Brown Todd lawyer's forty grand to investigate whatever they're investigating. And there's discontent on council because they feel like, you know, they don't really know what's going on.
Speaker 1: And Scott, you touched on this too, but how do you do you see this having any palpable effect?
Speaker 2: On the mayoral race at all. I know there's more.
Speaker 1: You know, there's yard signs and there's chatter and all that, But is this something you think could actually sway this race.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 4: I don't know if the mayor's race, I mean, that is a huge gap to overcome, like have to have got eighty two percent of the vote in the primary. But I think it might have some impact on the council races and whether any non endorsed Democrats and that's not endorsed by Democrats get on. It could have some effect on that because I mean that's the top nine candidates get in, and there's twenty six candidates, so I mean, you know that the margins are going to be you know, could be a voter or to So yeah, it could definitely have an impact on who's going to be on council come the first of the year.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that's Scott Warmant. We appreciate it, man, good insight, Thanks so much.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it. Thanks gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Scott Warmant from The Inquirer Cincinnati. I com checked the article we're talking out about there. He does a good job of breaking it down. Whether he co word the article.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has the all analysis of both sides. Yeah, very very well done by Scott. But yeah, this is so uh well, it be something to talk about for a while. I what a mess.
Speaker 3: Perfect with that. We check in with traffic and weather. Speaking of messes, mess what is going on out there right well?
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center with a stroke every second counts and so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see health is a clear choice for strokecare. Learn more ucehealth dot com. A little wet, of course. We've got so downs on seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spence Bridge. It's about a ten minute drive northbound seventy five. Mitchell de Paddock has also stopped and going now good news on seventy five northbound after Kyle's Inn and Kentucky An accident has cleared. We still have about a fifteen minute delay in the area. We picked up Springfield Pike Glendell, Milford with a crash. Police are there getting that taken care of. And at the Carrol Cropper Bridge, we do have the delays because of the war. Here is two seventy five west bound back to the Petersburg exit southbound. We're swing back to US fifty in Indiana and southbound seventy five Ronald Ring and Highway down to Northwood Lateral. About a ten minute trip and delays from Sheppard. I'm Rich Shramp News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 3: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight. The rain is gradually going and becoming partly cloudy over the night. The low of thirty seven. Then a great weekend coming up. For tomorrow, it starts with partly cloudy skies in the high of fifty six. It is forty seven down News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Is it true? Tom Brenman was once a plumbing company mascot named Terry the Toilet.
Speaker 2: That is basically not true.
Speaker 7: Is it true Tom Brenneman keeps top secret documentation that can never fall into the hands of the Canadians.
Speaker 2: I'm legally bound not to answer that. Is it true?
Speaker 7: Listening to Tom Brenneman in the morning is a joyful experience.
Speaker 8: That is one hundred percent true. Please join me in the gang for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, aviation updates, ieopening interviews, and plenty of good times.
Speaker 7: Tom Brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by United Way of Greater Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: I'm Miles Robinson with SC Cincinnati and off the pitch, I care as much about the community as I do about the game. That's why I support United Way of Greater.
Speaker 3: Right back with eddiean Rocky and Rocke mess downtown. How do you create that, man? How do you let that get away from you?
Speaker 2: You got incompetent people, That's what it comes down.
Speaker 1: You got people that are in positions such as the mayor and the city manager in particular, that have no business actually being in that position. They don't they don't want to do the job. They want to play the role of that position. And I assume take the money if that gets in and all that, and take the pictures.
Speaker 2: But I just don't think that's a hard job.
Speaker 1: Even mayors is a tough like kind of, you know, no frills job in the essence of it, right, It's a lot of dirty work you gotta do. And I just don't think he's the he has the disposition to do it, he's just not cut out for it.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you need you need a spine for that job, and I'm not sure this fella has it, but I will tell you this. You to talk about what a tough job being mayor is.
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: This is? And well, however, long ago that Charlie Lucan was mayor, and I don't remember. It could have been opening day, I don't remember. Something was going on downtown, maybe of Saint Patricks whatever. But Deb and I were down there and we're walking by an office building. It was at City Hall, but Charlie had just walked out and was walking up the sidewalk, and both Deb and I have known Charlie for a long time. But as soon as he walked down that building, there was some guy following him screaming at him, going, what are you going to get this fixed? You piece up and all this stuff. And so we walked out, walking up to Charlie and I'd start laughing, ago, how's it going, buddy, you signed up for this, and he said, well, you kind of see how it's going. And the guy just kept yelling. As we're walking along talking, I was like, well, good luck.
Speaker 1: Being in a township. Trust see as I was for better part of four years. That's not exactly the funnest thing in the world either, you know what I mean. Yeah, there's a great sense of you know, being able to do things for the community. But yeah, it's not you know, you're not you're not making some incredible salary, you're not on the cover of Time magazine. It's it's a lot of that, a lot of people saying, you know, how come there's this poddle on my street and you haven't got it fixed.
Speaker 2: In six months and blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, I just I the biggest the biggest problem the mayor has is he does not I just feel like in any a big position, you've got to be definitive about what your role is and how you're going to implement and where you stand on things. And that's the problem with most politicians. They don't want to take a hard line stance on anything because every you know, nothing in this world, one hundred percent of people are going to agree with You're gonna piss someone off. But you got to look at it in his In his case, I would take the stance every single day of the week of we are going to be tough on crime, okay, because I don't care who you are if you're white, you're black, you're a woman, you're a male, you're old, you're young. You want to be safe. You don't want to worry about your kids getting shot. You don't want to be worried about walking on Fountain Square and getting shot.
Speaker 2: We are going to do what it takes.
Speaker 1: And if we have to over police, if we bring more police, you know, then then maybe this expert says is necessary. That's where we're going to do. That's what I'm going to do. And if you don't like that, then don't vote for me.
Speaker 2: But if you do vote for me, but you know, it's like, well, you know, we got to.
Speaker 1: We don't want to be too hard on crime because, let's face it, his base is a it's a base that does not want there to be toughness on crime because of the demographics.
Speaker 2: Right, We're gonna be honest about that. Okay, So so.
Speaker 1: That but that's that Airn lies the problem, and it comes down to politics instead of what's actually right and what should be the right call one hundred percent of the time is keeping people safe.
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 3: With that, we head to the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: News traffic and weather, news Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: Look, the leader's doing what they can to address growing concerns about foot in security amid the shutdown. With the three point thirty report, I'm shot Gallagher breaking now. Hamilton County Commissioners today adopting a resolution that directs additional funding to the Freestore Food Bank by amending the county's American Rescue Plan Act Fund planned. And that's almost two hundred and twenty three thousand dollars in previously obligated federal relief funds that will bolster the county's food assistants partnership with the Food Bank. This has SNAP benefits for November are set to be frozen if the government shutdown continues into this weekend.
Speaker 13: You've got seniors, You've got military families. Forty three percent of the SNAPPER recipians in Ohio, our older adults were disabled individuals. As I said, sixty two percent are families with children. We have forty five thousand veterans. They receive SNAP benefits in Ohio.
Speaker 3: Current River with Freestore Food Bank.
Speaker 12: Hamilton County has more than ninety seven thousand residents who use SNAP benefits. Kentucky in twenty five other states, along with the District of Columbia. Earlier this week filed a lawsuit against the USDA and what they called the Trump administration's on lawful suspension of SNAP benefits. Around six hundred thousand Kentuckians depend on Snap Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 6: From the UCE Health Traffic Center. When it comes to stroke, every second counts, and so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You See Health is a clear choice for stroke care. Learn more you seehealth dot com. Well on seventy one northbound before Dana getting word now of an accident that has a traffic stop and go through the area. Also in Kentucky at seventy five northbound New West forty two to twelfth Street with about a fifteen minute trip. Earlier accident in the area is cleared. We do have Springfield Pike Gundhale, Milford with a crash seventy one northbound bridge to Ronald Reagan cross Coufee Highway filling in and about a fifteen minute trip on seventy five north Mitchell to Paddock. Ten minute drive southbound seventy five from the viaduct to the Brent Spence and seventy five south soils from Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral with the ongoing roadworks. Shephard, I'm rich Rep news Radio seven hundred double W Waldebble Go.
Speaker 7: Lateies forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: It's still raining in the early afternoon hours, but by five to six pm showers will be moving out and off to the east, leaving us dryer for the evening rush. High today end up at fifty one tonight, It's partly cloudy, down to thirty nine tomorrows.
Speaker 3: I comes in at fifty five degrees.
Speaker 14: It's a partly sunny day and the big thing, it's not going to rain. From your severe weather station, I'm nine verse warning meteor relegis Jennifer Ketchmark News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: And radar continueing to show rain moving through our try say starting to dry out now southeast Indiana and seeing lighter rain in northern Kentucky as it continues to push off to the east and northeast. Right now, our current temperature forty seven degrees. Bengals host the Bears Sunday afternoon. The forecast during the game mostly sunny, temperatures in the upper fifties. The game to forecast built by American Home Tech. A strong d defense starts with the solid roof American home tech dot com and our news service of Low t Center. City officials today announcing updates to Cincinnati's winter operations. This includes new technology that will create a real time snowplow tracker that residents can follow. Drivers will no longer use paper maps to find roads they need to treat, as each truck will now be equipped with tablets that show the drivers the roads on their route.
Speaker 15: Last year was not good enough, and both the administration, the Council and I agree on that, and we have made significant investments in order to make sure that we improve our services. To the extent we get another historic snowfall, we'll be ready.
Speaker 12: City officials f t pure Ball is a winter storm dropped nearly a foot of snow in the region back in January, revealing issues with equipment breaking down, outdated technology, and workers who were overwhelmed. Mark Riley has been hired to be the city's new director for the Department of Public Service, Ohio's early in person voting period nearing its end ahead at the November fourth election. County election boards are open until seven thirty tonight, then seven thirty am to seven thirty pm Friday, Saturday from eight am to four pm, then Sunday afternoon from one to five. On election Day, Tuesday, polls are open statewide from six thirty am to seven thirty pm. Sherry Poland with the Hamilton County Board of Elections says the voter turnout in Cincinnati is only expected to be around twenty five percent, which is similar to twenty twenty one.
Speaker 7: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 16: It's a Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals and Bear Sunday preview the game tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution of Power by Toe Frown Table Show presented by Postman Law live from Longex and Hebron six oh five Right here on seven hundred WLW. College Basketball Kentucky's otega Oway is the SEC preseason Player of the Year. Previews the Cincinnati Bearcat season tonight on the West Miller Show Live for the Ridge of Montgomery in an eight oh five here on seven hundred WLW ECHL Hockey Tonight, Indye Fuel against the Cycle, Loans, Bill Edison seven out at WLW Sports.
Speaker 12: At the final half hour of trading on Wall Street, the Dow down fifty seven points, Nattek down three hundred and twenty nine, and the S and P down fifty six. Our next update is at four o'clock. I'm Sean Gaalllagher News Radio, seven hundred w baltem Hey, Marto Lopez here and right now.
Speaker 1: So WILLI had been on a couple of decades at this point. Oh yeah, you know one of his protegees I think he was part of this scam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he was.
Speaker 1: It might have been his idea, but one of his protegees orson wells, okay, he was. This is at the Mercury Theater Company decided to update that the novel that he wrote, right, War of the Worlds, and so they're going to, you know, put this on air, right, But how they did it will go down in history because they weren't exactly forthright about hey, this is fake, this is fiction, this is this and that. So here's how it all went down. He's very obviously a very famous moment in radio. So the show began Sunday, October thirty eight pm. Voice comes on the radio. And by the way, as you know, this time like millions of people listening to the radio on it's Allday nights, right, it's all there was. So at eight pm, a voice comes on the radio and announces the Columbia Broadcasting System and its affiliated stations present orson Wells and the Mercury Theater on the air in World of Worlds by H. G.
Speaker 2: Wells.
Speaker 1: Okay, so then again, you know you're talking talking about the Golden Ager radio. So Wells introduced his radio play with a spoken introduction, Okay, hey, this is who I am, this is what we're doing, followed by an announcer reading a weather report. Okay, so this is where it starts to kind of purposefully go awry. Then, seemingly abandoning the storyline, the announcer took listeners to quote the Meridian Room in the Hotel Park Plaza in downtown New York. Well, you will be entertained by the music of the Ramone Roquello and his orchestra. So it's like, okay, we're here, and as you know in radio, people are going in and out, in and out all the time. So music played for some time, and then then the trick is being pulled. An announcer breaks into the music with a report that quote Professor Ferrell of the Mount Jenning Observatory had detected explosions on planet Mars. Okay, and then like more like drama dance music comes on, followed by another interruption which listeners are informed that a large meteor has crashed into a farmer's field in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: So I was like, what what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 1: Soon an announcer was at the crash site in New Jersey, right fake, describing a Martian emerging from a large metallic cylinder. Quote good heavens, he declares, something's reeling out of the shadow like a gray snake. Now here's another one, and another one and another one. They looked like tentacles to me. They're just pouring it on, right, going on and on and on. And the Martians, uh, they of course during the courses, they mount these war machines and they firing heat ray weapons on humans and vaporizing everybody, and everyone's losing their mind. Because this was kind of tucked into a music special and a weather report and a news report.
Speaker 3: Well after the fact, I because I've read a lot about that obviously over the years, and and ilays level when they confronted Wells about it after the fact, and everybody with all the panic because he was like, right at the beginning, we said it was a play. Yeah, and exactly like you said, who starts Maybe back then you listen to the something from the start to finish on the radio. But people listen to this right now are coming into the middle of the story. They might have heard jury and they're going, oh my god, we're you know, people are always flipping around, and that's what that happened back then too, so you can understand why people were freaking out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, and as you well know, the Federal Communications Commission investigated this because this was you know, people are losing their minds over it. Uh. They investigated the program but found no law was broken. Networks did agree to be more quote cautious in their programming in the future. Sure that, of course, you know, raised orson Wells to you know how you know, he's a household name. He goes on to direct what citizen.
Speaker 2: Kane and all that.
Speaker 1: So but yeah, it is harder, you know, on radio than on TV because its TV. You can put a little thing at the bottom corner and say this is a drama blah blah blah blah blah, not real. But yeah, they they made no real attempt like every if they wanted to, I'm sure, like every two minutes, it could have come on and said, now, look this is not real.
Speaker 2: But now back to the burger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, it just totally destroys what you're doing if you come in at every.
Speaker 2: Does I'm sure the case they made.
Speaker 3: This was all fake. Back to the show.
Speaker 1: You can't you can't tell me that they were doing this same. We are going to freak some people. This is going to be awesome.
Speaker 3: I think, Well, especially back then. I mean, wasn't that old man right Back then people were just starting to all get radios, right, and so you believed everything you heard on there.
Speaker 2: Well, and of.
Speaker 1: Course back then there was no way to double check it. If I'm listening to the radio and I hear something crazy, I pull up my phone and check Twitter, or I wait for our newscast and okay, it's not real, but there's nothing to check it.
Speaker 2: You have nothing.
Speaker 3: You gotta waits on the.
Speaker 1: TV and well, the TV, of course will be talking about a Martian invasion.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I wasn't really around either.
Speaker 3: You get to wait for the newspaper to come out in the morning. Yeah, twelve hours from now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, but yeah, a very iconic moment in history radio.
Speaker 2: I thought that would be fun to share.
Speaker 3: The only thing like that that I ever was a part of is that.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 3: It was opening day one year and it was turned out and it just so happened it was April Fool's Day, but it was one of those years when it was still well obviously it was in April first, but you never know what the weather's going to be like then, and it was one of those mornings where overnight, you get up in the morning it was going to be forty degrees maybe that day to play baseball, but overnight it was maybe twenty to twenty five degrees. So on the morning show, we went on the air and said, well, the Reds are asking us to tell you that all the plumbing in this in that's when they were in Riverfront, all the plumbing at the ballpark is frozen. So you're not going to be able to use the restroom. So oh, I'm sure the love this. Oh, they absolutely turned out. They really loved it. I heard a lot about it.
Speaker 2: You're going to have to hold it the whole.
Speaker 3: Game, that's what everyone I said. I was like, you know, they're still gonna be They're still going to play the game though, You're going to be just double to get your beer and hot dogs. But you know, you just should probably hit the back room before you get head that way were you're hitting.
Speaker 1: Your car before you drive downtown, use the bathroom one last time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And people were the Reds were a tad bit peeved at the old head man for that one, Like come on, people figured it out, what are you gonna do? So what so what?
Speaker 2: Like that too.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like I was sitting there going, you know what you should do, just be in your empty beer cup to throw it on the ground. They'll clean it up.
Speaker 1: But even I'm sure as the day went on you said ha ha. But I bet there were people that went down to that game. Did you only listen in the morning You're like, well, I guess I have to. Well, he in the beer bottle, That's what I always say. That's what I obviously got a good laugh out of that, thinking that you know there are a certain percentage would have been many because it was pretty obvious because we did say, look, it's a joke.
Speaker 3: It's April fols and but Sarah, I'm sure's people showed up there and walked in and goes, aren't there portolets or there any things that up there? And I'm sure one of the issuers are like, what the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 1: You've probably save them a lot of money on their plumbing that night, you know, cut them out of flushes in like a by a third.
Speaker 3: With that thought in mind, we head to the traffic in whether what's going on?
Speaker 6: Rick, and so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials? You see health is a clear choice for stroke care. Learn more U seehealth dot com. Seventy five southbound and Western Avenue. We do have the accident here in seventy one northbound now before Dana crash on the left shoulder Springfield Pike at Glendale Milford. An accident, and we're looking at Tattoo seventy five westbound Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway. Thanks for the tip calling this a crash. We do have police on the scene and again very wet conditions, so we do speeds advice as you make your way around the region, and seventy five is about a fifteen minute draw. I have north boumb Mitchell to Paddock and from the Vinduct to the Brench bench Bridge where about ten minutes still. Also seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwlado has the ways back to Sheppard. My Rick reproduce Radio seven hundred WLW the.
Speaker 3: Forecast from the seven hundred WLW Weather Center for tonight. The rain is gradually gone and becoming partly cloudy overnight the low of thirty seven, then a great weekend coming up. For tomorrow, it starts with partly cloudy skies in the high of fifty six. It is forty seven down News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Rising downtown violence and political pressure have catalyzed the chaos regarding the Cincinnati Police chief. While the interim chief steadies the ship, will community leaders turn to a tried and true veteran to become police chief permanently or will a fresh face rise from within the ranks to restore calm and credibility, As speculation is swirling. Keep it here for the latest on seven hundred law.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Meals on Wheels of Southwest Ohio and Northern Kentucky.
Speaker 17: Meals on Wheels is one of the regions leading senior service providers offering nutritious meals, transportations, social connections, protective services, wellness programs, and.
Speaker 3: Usual visit on Thursdays with PJ.
Speaker 2: Street.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's going to be more of just kind of new ways of thinking about fitness and tracking your fitness and being strong. And you know it's not just well in high school, I used to bench this and now I benched this kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk to PGA four.
Speaker 3: And we were just talking about the old hoax well year with the thirty nine on this date, the orson Wells.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unders Day and History nineteen nineteen thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, and I believe we have Lynnville here in Sharonville, who wants to sound off on it? Hey, Linville, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 1: Listened to you?
Speaker 5: We birth maturity that together this long. You remember the old radio sproof of the plummet mall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that was a big deal there.
Speaker 5: For a little bit we went looking for it. Never found it.
Speaker 3: That's rock. That's probably it was before your time. There were they were the radio stations were running and Jay Gilbert and uh another guy were behind it and thanks lend vote.
Speaker 5: They.
Speaker 3: Wrote. They were advertising the effectiveness of radio advertising, but they didn't tell anybody. So they were talking about they were doing commercials, really well done commercials for a thing called Plummet Mall. And it was a mall that was what it says. It is dug straight down and this is correct. It was totally fake. And then people were, like he said, people were looking for it, going where the hell is this place? Because it's like it's coming soon, and that's all. That's all they said. And this way. They were running commercials for this thing for a couple of three weeks and people were obviously listening to it and wonder what was going on. And then they finally they did commercials that said, yeah, so you know what, well, have you seen those billboards for just like bus boards and stuff. See you looked at it now, don't you want to buy one?
Speaker 5: Or right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's kind of what they did. Like so you you've been looking for Plummet Mall, Well we did these commercials. It just goes to show you radio works.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: It was pretty effective.
Speaker 2: Yeah again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then there's still well, like Linville, they're still talking about Let's talk to Tim and Mason about it. Hey, Tim, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 18: I think more recently, remember all the times that Bill Cunningham during his nine o'clock nine pm show back in the day. I don't know how many times he went on the air very seriously and said that the Bozo had died, and he would do it on nights when the Bozo was not going to be in for some reason.
Speaker 11: I remember he had truck drivers really upset. I think one truck driver drove tried to drive up to the thingation in Mount Adams and blocked blocked the streets, and I mean he really had he had nurses, he had nurses at hospitals, you know, in on it they call and yeah, he passed away. And another time he said that he'd been raped by a bear. I mean it just went on and on and on, and these truck drivers were calling up crying and upset and believed every bit of it.
Speaker 1: Took a little too far, but funny.
Speaker 18: Yeah, there you.
Speaker 3: Go, Thanks Jeff. Yeah, I totally remember that going on. Get to Rick in Indiana right quick? Hey Rick, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Bud?
Speaker 18: Hey, buddy, do you remember one time you blowed everybody's mind?
Speaker 5: What was it, William Shatner? Yeah, put your foot on her head?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's you blowed everybody's mind with that one.
Speaker 3: You know what, Rick, I almost said that I had to come, and if you remember the end of it, I did come. I had to come on the air because we got we're we're getting flooded with phone calls, like Eddie Fingers, isn't a hole? I mean that's that was being.
Speaker 1: Kind, But I remember that, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: We had a guy who imitated William Seattner perfectly. So we advertised it as have an exclusive interview with William Shatner, and so nobody knew except for me and the guy. The program director knew because he was going to have to know when people started calling, and the guy who knew, the guy and me. I didn't tell anybody else on the show.
Speaker 2: None of your no.
Speaker 3: I'm just like Bob, We're pumped up, man, we got William Shanner. This is going to be exclusive, and so we're talking and everybody's like William Shanner. And so we're talking, and so gradually I start being more and more of a an ass to him. I was like, you know, kind of like your people always said, you can't really act. I mean, what do you say to those folks? Ye think I can act. I don't know what you're talking about it. I said, yeah, well, how about your singing career? Those albums you put out? I mean, was that it? I'm just asking you, was that a joke or what were you? Of course I was serious. I would wow and his good and his wife had had drowned. His wife at the time, had drowned in their pool. And I said what about your And I just gradually kind of gravitated to was like, and what about your wife passing away?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I was very sad, and I said, well, weren't you investigated by the police. Aren't you still under investigation by the police? And he's like, what are you trying to say? I said, well, it sounds like to me it did everything, but your foot was on her head as she blubbered out, and right it was a little too convinced, like just screamed at me like think do anymore? Click, and everybody in the room was staring at me like.
Speaker 2: Monster.
Speaker 3: It's like bobia right back after this break and I mean every phone in the building.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: Dub just ran across. I'll bring it in for you.
Speaker 2: I just say I'd love you.
Speaker 3: Got to hear it. Yeah, we But right now we have the news news radios have an underd WLW.
Speaker 7: News Traffic and weather News Radio seven hundred wl W Cincinnati.
Speaker 19: Food benefits in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana on the line. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Sandy Collins breaking now. The failure of Congress to fix the SNAP funding emergency is affecting thousands of our neighbors. Today, Hamilton County stepped forward. Jack Crumley reports.
Speaker 17: Over ninety seven thousand people in Hamilton County are set to lose their SNAP food benefits this Saturday because of the government shut down, among millions across the country. Hamilton County Commissioners have now amended their American and Rescue Plans spending plan to put more than two hundred thousand dollars toward the county's food assistants partnership with the Free Store Food Bank. It comes from previous grant funded programs that aren't being used anymore, so it's immediately available. Kurt Rbert with the Free Store, speaking to us earlier this week, we.
Speaker 13: Had always encouraged folks if they have the capacity to make the gift now, especially during these more challenging times for the fans who are serving now, it would be an opportune time to do that.
Speaker 17: And the website to donate is give dot Freestorefoodbank dot org. I'm Jack Crumley News Radio seven hundred WLAS just in.
Speaker 19: We just got a message from the Ohio Governor, Mike Dwine. He and legislative leaders say that they are going to help out, signing an executive order directing seven million dollars to food banks and up to eighteen million dollars in emergency relief for more than sixty three thousand low income Ohioans, including fifty seven thousand children. And we'll find out what's going on in Indiana and Kentucky and how they step up.
Speaker 1: Right now now, the latest traffic and weather together from the Youth Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: With a stroke every second count so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see, health is a clear choice for stroke care more at ucehealth dot com. Well traffic is sewing on seventy one north bound after data crash on the left shoulder, seventy five southbound at Western Avenue and accident to seventy five westbound after Ronald Wig and Cross County Highway crash here, and we have the accident with traffic being directed around this budno between the West Tower and Queen City Avenue if you can't avoid the area. Eight Mile Road at Batavia a crash, and we have rout thirty two before eight mile an accident that has traffic sowing from Round Bottom Road. Also heavier pockets on seventy five southbound from a viadect to the Brent Spence Bridge and Ronald Riggan Highway to Norwood Water along seventy five is a ten minute trip. My bricksh REMP News Radio seven hundred double d weld w now.
Speaker 20: The lead is forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you one nervous wreck. We're here for you. No Fear Dentist dot Com your nine.
Speaker 19: First warning forecast. We've got showers ending for tonight low near fifty degrees. Tomorrow, we'll have some sunny weather the high end the mid fifties, and Friday night football games game time temperatures around fifty three degrees.
Speaker 2: It should be dry tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Right now in.
Speaker 19: Cincinnati, some light rain across the tri State Boone counties dried out pretty much. Southeast Indiana is dry and most of the rain is in the eastern half of this area.
Speaker 2: Forty eight degrees.
Speaker 19: News is the service of Ador and window Bermuda's bracing for Hurricane Melissa's storm will pass the country later on into tonight, causing devastation in the Caribbean. Earlier this week, at least thirty people killed, with a majority of those deaths coming in from Haiti from floods. Russia's warning of consequences if President Trump follows through on a plan to begin testing nuclear weapons. In a truth social post, Trump said due to China and Russia's testing, He's instructed the Department of War to start testing US weapons after a thirty three year pause. Today, as senior Russian official said the US nuclear testing could trigger global instability. Also, President Trump once said he wanted the US mint to stop making pennies.
Speaker 2: Well, so it did.
Speaker 19: Retailers have not changed their prices to reflect that, and now enter the penny shortage. ABC's Cherry Preston, the.
Speaker 21: Nation is running out of pennies and it's starting to have an impact. The National Association of Convenience Stores says, like President Trump, they also advocated for getting rid of the one s coins, but the abrupt decision came with no guidance, and now they're sometimes struggling to give exact change when convenience store Sheets has started offering a free soda to any customer who brings in one hundred pennies, but a lot of stores say they'd rather have the bill currently in Congress requiring stores to round out to the nearest nickel.
Speaker 2: Cherry Preston, ABC News.
Speaker 19: And don't forget, we've got an extra hour sleep tonight daylight savings time ends, and that will happen, of course, a Saturday night into Sunday morning. Checking the numbers on Wall Street at the close this afternoon, the Dow ended down one hundred and ten s and p off sixty eight. The Nasdaq dropped more almost a one and a half percent, down three hundred and eighty five points. I's Sandy Collins and here's sign Denison.
Speaker 2: Seven one hundred WLW Sport.
Speaker 16: It's a Bengals Day brought you by Good Spirits at Party Town with thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals and Bear Sunday. Preview the game tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution of Power by Toe Frown Table Show presented by Postman Law Live from Long Nex and Hebron six oh five Right here on seven hundred WLW College Basketball, Kentucky's otega Oway is the SEC preseason Player of the Year. Preview the Cincinnati Bearcat season tonight on the West Miller Show Live for the Ridge of Montgomery in An eight oh five Here on seven hundred WLW EHL Hockey Tonight, Indie Fuel against the Cyclones Edison seven out of Wow Sports.
Speaker 19: And our next update coming up at four thirty. I'm Sandy Collins News Radio seven hundred WLUB.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored buying Land Evolution, Haunted Screen Parks.
Speaker 1: Haunted, Yes, Sir, a good friend, PJ Street and PJ Look. Especially for those of US men and women over the age of forty uh, you know you still want to be fit, you want to live a healthy long life. But I feel, and I'm sure you do too, you need certain benchmarks, right, How do you know how healthy you are, how well you're doing, if there's not some certain benchmarks that you need to hit with your your physical fitness. And that's why I'm excited about this topic today, PJ. You're going to give us some baseline goals for again, those of us over the age of forty that if we can kind of hit these or be around these were we're doing pretty good.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, And I'm going to cover men today and next week I'll do the women, IF's all right. So you know, kind of what you alluded to, rock fitness over forty isn't like about flexing and tank tops or chasing six pack abs. Yeah right, It's really about function. It's really about function. It's about stained strong and mobile and pain free so that you can you know, keep up with your kids, or hype with your wife, play pickle ball, you know, even just carrying the groceries without throwing out your back. So I'm going to kind of give you, you know, seven kind of bare minimum baseline benchmarks that men should be able to hit during middle aids. So if you're between the ages of like forty and sixty, you're going to want to listen up the first one. It seems pretty elementary, but you should be able to hang from an overhead bar like a pull up bar for at least forty five seconds, and you'd be surprised how many people cannot do this. That's going to test your grip strength, which is one of the strongest predictors of longevity. Yeah, and you know, we're talking about a armsful extended feet off the ground for a full forty five seconds, and if you struggle to do that, that means your your your grip's weak, your shoulder stability is probably pouring, and you're just a higher injury risk overall. So that would be my first one.
Speaker 1: Hey real quick, because I've seen different theories on this, but what's yours. Why is there such a strong correlation between grip strength and longevity?
Speaker 5: Now, going way back here, I was involved in the study when I was at Miami University. But it looked at grip strength and blood pressure reduction. It was fascinating, and the stronger your grip is, your your your blood pressure tense tends to respond positively, so that that would be you know, that would be you know, my guess as to why that's such a good predictor of longevity that one.
Speaker 1: I would also think to PJ, like if if your grips strong enough, where if you're gonna fall down and you can catch your and you catch your fall instead of breaking a hip, is that maybe a factor as well?
Speaker 5: Yeah, certain it certainly could be. It certainly could be.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: In moving on push ups, the good old fashioned push up, guys, you should be able to do fifteen clean, full range push ups. Okay, that means just to the floor, your elbows are locked out at the top, your hips aren't sagging, You're not you know, no head dives or half reps. This is going to measure your your overall upper body strength, your core control, and if you can't hit fifteen, that's a wake up call in a lot of areas. You know, your body composition, like I said, your strengthen darance for your upper body, so you should be able to hit a bare minimum of fifteen. And moving on to hit wate to height ratio. I've talked about this before in the show. For this is a healthier predictor of your roll fat, your organ fat and for predicting diabetes and heart disease risks. So if you take your waists and inches and divide that by your height and inches, it shouldn't be over point five. So, for example, if you're seventy inches tall, your ways shouldn't be any more than thirty five inches. Okay, so that's something you might want to check out. You can measure your you know, you can measure your waist right at your navel, your belly button. Number four, you should be able to hold a plank for ninety seconds. If you don't know what a plank is, I think most people do. But it's basically you're going to push up position, but you're on your elbows and your toes and this is going to test your core endurance and your and your spinal stability. And if you're shaking after thirty seconds, your core isn't doing its job. If you have a stronger core, guys, that's going to mean fewer back issues, better posture, and less pain, you know, just moving through life.
Speaker 2: And did you say ninety seconds. I feel like that's that's not that easy.
Speaker 5: It's not that easy. It's not, but it's completely doable with you know, with some consistent training. So moving on, let's talk about your cardio. You should be able to run a mile and under ten minutes, so that's like, you know, if you're on a treadmill, that's like six miles an hour. So you don't need to be like, you know, a marathon runner or anything like that, but you but you should be able to move a sub ten minute mile. That indicates, you know, decent aerobic fitness, and you probably have a decent VO two max as well, so you know that that's something that that you could keep tabs on as well. You know, if you're at the gym and then these are this is the one that most people really really have a hard time with. You should be able to do at least if you're a man in you know, forty plus, you should be able to do at least two full pull ups. Okay. And a pull up is an overhand grip on a bar slightly, you know, outside shoulder with grip, and you should start from a full hang. You should be able to pull yourself up to where your upper chest meats the bar and they're a distinct pause. Okay, and I would I would guess nine out of ten men in their forties cannot do that, and that's going to test your you know, your upper back strength, your live strength. It's it's also a really good indicator of your body composition and your relative strength. If you can't do at least two pull ups, your your fat there's no there's no getting around that.
Speaker 3: Damn well, let me ask you talking about you mentioned posture a little while ago, and that's that struck me. As as we know, I'm well beyond my forties, and I've caught myself lately at here in just the last couple of years, but especially as I the older I get, the more I notice it, I'll catch myself. I can't say an call anything else but an old man's stance. I'm kind of standing there with my arms hanging down like kind of like a chimp, but with my back bright. So what I'm My head's kind of down inside my shoulders a little bit, and my back is not quite ass not a c position, but it's you know, it's current little arc in it. Now that's disturbing. As soon as I catch myself doing it, I straightened myself up. But why does that happen?
Speaker 5: But but Eddie, that's it's a wonderful question. And it's you know, especially with you guys. I mean, you're you're sitting in front of the desk. You know, your your hips are flex your your shoulders around it, your your head's jutted forward. You know, you're you're you're on a keyboard a lot, and that you just kind of get that rounded, tight posture. So that's why you know, when you're in the gym doing stuff like rose and pull ups and lack pool downs and strengthening your glute, strengthening your lower back, strengthen your hand strength, that's going to help, uh, you know, kind of reverse that that that office posture, so to speak. It's very common problem. Any and I want to throw one more in. I could do like twenty of these if I want to do it.
Speaker 3: Keep going.
Speaker 5: Body weight squats sounds sounds you know, pretty easy, but you should be able to do twenty five deep body weight squass with good form. That means your heels are down, your kneels, your knees are tracking over your toes, your chest is up, and you should be able to break ninety degrees on that. That's going to evaluate your leg strength, your joint mobility, and your overall work capacity. You can't hit twenty five unbroken. Your lower body probably isn't as resilient as you think.
Speaker 2: It is interesting.
Speaker 1: I would think of all those effect of plank, the ninety second plank could be rough the hardest one.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I guess maybe just for me, you.
Speaker 5: Can do You can do that with one leg off the ground.
Speaker 2: I know you can't.
Speaker 5: I want to add in, Yeah, there'd be impressive. I want to add in one more that that I think is a is a good one. You should be able to get up off the floor. You know, if you're on your back with your legs straight, you should be able to get up off the floor to a standing position without using your hands. Okay, I think about that for a second. I mean that's again, it doesn't sound like it's that hard, but you'd be surprised how many people can't do it. You know, when I'm training my personal training clients, you know, initially I watched this. I get people on the ground to do an exercise. I just kind of observe and monitor if they're able to get up off the ground without using their hands, how long it takes them to get up off the ground. That type of stuff that.
Speaker 2: Would be one for folks. If you're listening at home, try that one tonight.
Speaker 3: That's easy, But I mean it's easy to try again. Being older. One of my best friends, he and I grew up together and we're the exact same age, and we were talking about our birthdays are weak apart and what our last birthday. I was like, how are you feeling these days? They're old man, and he's my legs are completely shot. And he's taller than Rocky. This guy's like me. He's like six five sixty six and he's, uh, he's in. My legs are shot. I just can't. You know, I can't do anything with my legs anymore. And my legs are I know, my legs are getting way way more tired than they used to, but I you know, I still get around.
Speaker 5: Okay, Listen, Strength training properly on a good program, like two days a week can can fix most of this stuff that we're talking about. Yeah, I mean it again. If you if if you're putting at tension on your muscles, challenging your muscles as you age, you're not going to lose muscle tissue. That means you're going to have good joint stability and good joint mobility as well. You're going to be able to live a functional life, et cetera. I want to end with this if anybody wants a real challenge. I had to think about this one myself. If you if you, you should be able to walk for one minute holding your body weight in your hands at arm's length. It's called a farmer's walk. So if you're a two hundred pound guy, you should be able to. Then again, this is a little bit more advanced. If you're a tuner pound guy, you should be able to have one hundred pound dumbbell in each hand and be able to walk around for a minute without dropping them. That's like, some that's the next level stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh good, I think I can do that.
Speaker 1: But that's not easy for a minute, That ain't Yeah, that's that's uh yeah.
Speaker 5: If you're listening to if you're listening to this, you're like, I can do all those, you know. I got My waist to height ratio is zero point five. I can do the hang. I can knock out fifty plush ups. I can run a seven minute mile. Try the farmer's walk. Half your body weight in each hand, walk around for a minute, and don't drop the dumbbells farmers walk.
Speaker 2: That's that's a good one to work on.
Speaker 11: That.
Speaker 2: That grip strength P.
Speaker 5: Right exactly precisely would be a nice carryover effect to that.
Speaker 3: See I've got a I've got a joke about the grip strength. I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 2: Of course you do.
Speaker 5: You might have. You might have some really conditioned forearms.
Speaker 1: That guys, right, forearm incredible by what's your regimen?
Speaker 3: A lot of reps, HI volume, a lot of reps with that, PJ. We will let you go, buddy. People want to find out more. Where can they go?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Sure. If if you want a real plan, not just random workouts, but actual coaching, structure, accountability that actually works for men like you, I've got you covered. My coaching program is under four four dollars a day and you can find out more about it that revive fitnessystems dot com. All right, thanks so much, thanks guys, Bye bye, great, thanks.
Speaker 3: Our good friend PJ. Street. And yeah, how how much time do you spend in the gym and day? I'm just curious. I know you'd go to the gym every day.
Speaker 1: No, not every day. I thought you did that this time of you're three days a week. Yeah, but I usually run another day or two. But uh, I don't.
Speaker 2: Not very long.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm probably forty five minutes fifty minutes topped by, and that's.
Speaker 2: Like warm up stretch everything, is that, right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I try to motor through it because yeah, I'm.
Speaker 3: You don't do cardio, you just go in and lift well, and I.
Speaker 1: Know, but I my lifting is kind of my card I try to keep it, keep the pace up a little bit, you know, just get a little two for there and I run, like you know, usually two days a week something to some some kind of like sprinting and some kind of jogging.
Speaker 3: Do you run on the treadmill or on the on the.
Speaker 1: Street, on the on the street when I can if it's zero degrees, I don't hit the treadmill, Yeah, because I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you have in your gym barn or your barn gym.
Speaker 2: I guess it's got everything necessary. No, it's just this ain't bad.
Speaker 3: Next arrivals.
Speaker 1: Most home gyms out there, it's like about twelve years in the making too, you know, when I had my own training business. I'm accumulating some things here and there and really went after Yeah, it's cool. U. We're gonna start five am workouts starting in November.
Speaker 3: To get to your house. I have leaved my house at like three point thirty damn with the with that, we take it. With traffic and weather, what's going on on online.
Speaker 6: From the UC Health Traffic Center with the stroke cavalry. Second counts and so does your team home to rap and life saving treatment and clinical trials. U see health is a clear choice for stroke care. Learn moore ucehealth dot com. Number of mishaps. We've got seventy five northbound at Western Avenue with traffic swing from Freeman with this crash, and seventy five southbound off ramp to the Brent Spence at the Fort Washington Way. Actually near the Brent Spence, we've got to this accident that has police on the scene getting that cleaned up. And then seventy five northbound the off ramp to eastbound Fort Washington Way crash here, and to seventy five Westpound at Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway. So down's back to Blue Rock with an accident Boutneau between West Tower and Queen City. Traffic being directed around this crash and we all we're looking at eight mile at Saint Ralph thirty two with an accident at MLK at Dick Smith. The crash my Rick Shrap. News Radio seven hundred wd WELW.
Speaker 3: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight. The rain is gradually gone and becoming partly cloudy over the night. The low of thirty seven. Then a great weekend coming up four tomorrow it starts with partly cloudy skies in the high of fifty six. It is forty seven now News Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your mind.
Speaker 2: Okay, Doc Smart.
Speaker 7: Scott's Loan, Funny Scott's Loan, reliable Scott's Loan.
Speaker 3: Mister Penny, you have to stop answering Scott's Loan.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll try, Doc favorite Scott's Loan, mister Penny. Yeah, I try. Get out Mike back Scott's Loan. Listening can become happy for me, Join me Scott's Loan.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Scott's Loan, mister Penny.
Speaker 9: This report is spots by United Way of Greater Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: I'm Miles Robinson with f C Cincinnati's.
Speaker 3: At the top of the hour, we're going to be talking to our good friend Jason Hawkins, sports editor from the Inquire Cincinnati dot com.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're NFL Vegas picks.
Speaker 3: And can we go back to our conversation last week when we were talking about fixing sports that we're going to do our picks again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't heard it as much as I guess this week about the whole NBA and the with a mafia card scandaling on.
Speaker 3: Well there. We talked to our old buddy Jeremy Rosenthal the other day when you were out and he was talking that now it's kind of a burden. It's gonna in other word, just going to take a long time for this thing to play out because they're going through a burden approved kind of thing. And see how you know what all what was what and what ain't what?
Speaker 2: Right? Gotcha?
Speaker 1: Another news that I had the story yesterday about remember the the van that wrecked and had the monkeys on it that Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: When they have a HEPSI.
Speaker 1: COVID and herpes I think a pretty lethal.
Speaker 2: Combination if you ask me.
Speaker 3: Not good.
Speaker 5: Not good.
Speaker 2: These things aren't doing very well.
Speaker 1: First of all, I sang the story like a follow up to it last night. I think they said that there was three and now they're like, oh, there may be more kind of thing. They have found them, but anyway.
Speaker 3: They they didn't catch any of them.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think so have had.
Speaker 3: These people ever watched a movie before.
Speaker 1: I agree, But they've told people like don't even don't call it if you see one, like, don't call the cops and be like, hey, we should kill it right there, kill it, which is probably easier and said the easier said than done for most people.
Speaker 2: It's right.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't you're gonna you're asking me to engage with a fully diseased monkey, right, crazed monkey?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're going to do I mean, hopefully have a gun at home and walk around here with a shovel or something.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. There's gonna be some nimrod who's going to say, I'll see you monkey outside, honey capturing.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Anyway, along those lines, here's another story of monkey business.
Speaker 2: Get that head?
Speaker 3: Did you get it?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 1: This is in Plano, Texas, and it's that one of those uh spirit Halloween stores, right. Really they just out of the blue, like around October first, they just pop up and they have all the Halloween costumes. Well, some guy goes in there with a like a pet monkey, apparently because there's video, uh you know, and if you if you cut to the heart of the video, it's like this monkey like literally swinging around on the rafters and just like causing chaos, knocking stuff off the shelves and da da da da dah.
Speaker 2: So the things got kind of losing his mind.
Speaker 1: This is like for more than thirty minutes, this monkey is like climbing around, swinging around on stuff on all the displays, climbing up pillars, hanging from the ceiling, and so everyone's you know.
Speaker 2: It's like mass chaos.
Speaker 1: Then finally, uh they track down the owner who I guess, uh yeah, the fat and the owner and calm it down. In the owner got a hold of monkey, put its diaper on him, and walk down the store. That's the even weirder part. See now a pet monkey with a diaper.
Speaker 3: I have never heard a monkey owning story.
Speaker 5: End.
Speaker 3: Well, I ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, boy, you know Dave.
Speaker 1: He had that monkey for fifteen years, a great pet, and that was it.
Speaker 3: No, I I had And this is going to sound made up, but it's not. Down in uh West Virginia, down the down the road. It wasn't a street. It was a road from my grandma's house and up a dirt road down in a holler. That's what lived my aunt, Myrtle. Myrtle Myrtle lived there. I forget what her husband's name was.
Speaker 2: Great name for an old aunt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think she was like my great aunt or something. I ready got that straight. But her husband had died years before. But she had a pet monkey, uh pets like it was one of those little guy like squirrel monkey or something. And that thing was mean as a snake. If it could, if it could have, like you hear chimps ripping your face off, if that monkey could have ripped her face off, it would have ripped your face off.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: And I was like, and I remember thinking I was just a little kid, which I thought a monkey, having a pet monkey was cool.
Speaker 2: Right until you saw the thing.
Speaker 3: Well, it looked cute when I was just sitting there. But because you want to stick your fingers in there, and then you know, play with them and stuff and yeah, pet them and and I was only about six seven years old, but I totally remember my mom going, don't you ever stick your fingers in that cage? I was like, what's a monkey?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Watch a Tarzan movie. Cheeta was a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Right, So it would it bite people? Would it?
Speaker 5: Just?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, if you stuck your finger there, it would bite your finger right off. Wow, it immediately went for you.
Speaker 1: I just I mean, whether it's that or like someone that has a dog gets me unless you're using the dog or the animal for protection, which no one is using that, like a ten pound monkey for protection.
Speaker 2: But I don't know why you would have a mean.
Speaker 3: Well in typical stuff like that though. She could opened the cage door and it would just run right up her arm and sit on her shoulder and sitting there feeding him crackers or whatever. Yeah, but anybody else man death.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: Oh, I told you a story about my buddy had a parrot and the same thing and the parrot would you know, he could take the parrot out and sit on his shoulder like a pirate and stuff, and you know, beat kiss him and that type of stuff, and it would be like with him and as soon as somebody else you would get him on his finger and you'd go and try to put him close to your face. He would bite you on the nose or bite your lip.
Speaker 2: That would that would even mark you know.
Speaker 3: Let me well, let me tell you something very uh perhaps intoxicated head fingers. We were there late one night and because I that I'm sleeping on his floor for a little bit, there's up in Cleveland, and he had the bird out and he's like, you gotta make friends with the bird. The bird he's not mean. I was like, that bird's a mean a snake man. And he's like, no, no, be nice to the bird. Talk nice to him, blah blah blah. And I'm starting to believe it because you know, I've got a couple of shots in me or whatnot. And so he puts it on my finger and the birds like, and I go, hi, birdie, come here, get mere right, And it's winter time in Cleveland, and it was my lips were chatapped and nan, I mean just like crispy. And I get that bird up next to my mouth and he just.
Speaker 2: Goes, ah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It sticks his little hooked beak right through the skin of my lower lip, and I'm like, and I mean blood's like weak and uh, he goes ah, well, sorry about.
Speaker 5: That, bro.
Speaker 13: Away.
Speaker 2: By the way, totally related but unrelated.
Speaker 1: I was somehow online something, was looking up something and found out there was a like a metal band, like a death metal band, that has a parrot as a lead singer.
Speaker 2: They're called Hate Beak.
Speaker 1: They're for around from like twenty two thousand and three to like twenty ten.
Speaker 2: I swear to god, Hate Beak. The parrot was the lead singer.
Speaker 3: That has to be from like Sweden, nurse something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure it was. I Ben looked this up.
Speaker 3: Sadly enough, I would pay to watch that. Yeah, I would pay to watch a metal band with a parrot as a lead singer.
Speaker 2: Here it is here. Sure I was right.
Speaker 1: Hate Beak an American death metal band known for integrating the squawk, screeches and other sounds of an African gray parrot named Waldo, who was their lead singer.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: They did not tour in order to protect Waldo from distress. The band's music is described as loud and intense.
Speaker 2: Well to get a couple cuts of.
Speaker 3: That, can we can we play any other, any other? I got track, I.
Speaker 1: Gotta I gotta check it, make sure it's because it's it's it's in the death metal grind core genre.
Speaker 2: That's you're taking a little risk there.
Speaker 3: So rocking other. While we're talking about animals in particular the bird is genre, a woman is suing sea World down in Orlando for fifty thousand dollars after being hit in the face by a duck while she was writing their big coaster there. Uh it's I guess it's just becoming published. It happened in March when the duck flew into the path of the roller coaster car, causing the woman to be knocked unconscious.
Speaker 2: Damn rate of speed.
Speaker 3: The woman's attorneys claimed that SeaWorld should have warned about the potential danger of bird strikes due to the coaster's location near a body of water.
Speaker 2: Come away, I guess they've warned you right.
Speaker 3: SeaWorld hasn't commented. The Makeo coaster, which this thing is at sea World, is described as the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the city, and there's a lot of them in Orlando, reaching speeds up to seventy three miles an hour. And goes to at the highest point two hundred feet. But can you imagine, dude, you're going along.
Speaker 2: Dark hitting you at seventy months plus miles.
Speaker 3: Per hour right in the face.
Speaker 2: Then you can't account for something like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, well I'm sure somebody Well if it knocks, well, there's no way it's not going to knock you out. What would you think when that happened, because you wouldn't obviously, you wouldn't see it coming all of a sudden. It's just like boom, you're out. It'd be like somebody just suck or punched you from.
Speaker 1: Think, yes, somebody punched you, or yeah, somebody shot you with something. That would be the first thing to go through your head besides the ducks peak, because it's just.
Speaker 3: The duck's bill like stuck on the side of your head like a cart like a Davvy Duck cartoon.
Speaker 2: Dude, he said, ducks sticking out of your face.
Speaker 3: His bills sticking in there like the old Davvy Duck cartoons. He would be there without his bill and be like and retover and pluck it out of your head and stick it back on his face.
Speaker 2: You know, it was still the best by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing better than none, man.
Speaker 18: None.
Speaker 3: I've tried to get my kids. Did your kids ever watch those?
Speaker 1: Because my kids, I mean there's not even my kids watched like like Bluey, but there wasn't. Since they've been a lot, I don't think there's been like the Saturday Morning cartoons with the Merry Melodies and uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tried to get up. I try to get them to watch that stuff and the Three Stooges and that. They kind of thought the Three Stooges was funny, but the bugs Bunny and all that stuff, well they did for one thing, they didn't get it. You kind of have to. You have to be a little older to understand the reference. So they're referencing like Frank Sinatra and stuff like that. They're like this.
Speaker 2: Means nothing, right, Yeah, they have no idea that is.
Speaker 3: And the coyote, well like why is that bird keep picking on that coyote? Man, I'm room for the coyote? Well everybody does, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you kind of do. But you know it's happening.
Speaker 3: You know what's going to happen in the end with the with that we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.
Speaker 6: From the acme and know I'm sorry from the UC Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna drop an anvil on your head for that reck.
Speaker 6: With stroke cavery second counts and so there's your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see health here. It's a clear choice for stroke care.
Speaker 2: Learn more.
Speaker 6: You see health dot com. Seventy five southbound Paddock to Town is blocked because of an accident. Delays to Glendale Milford. Just avoid the area as a crash evolving as SEMIS blocking all lanes in the construction zone. We've got a police and emergency crewse on the scene. Seventy five northbound of Western Avenue is an accident, and we also have the crash on the ramp. Seventy five southbound off ramp to eastbound Fort Washington Way. Seventy five northbound the off ramp to four eastbound Fort Washington Way is an accident that has a right shoulder taken up bootn out between West Tower and Queen City. That crash is still being attended to Forget about a fifteen minute drive on seventy one northbound between Dana and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway and a twenty minute trip north bound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock by Rick Shrapnews Radio seven hundred W d WELW.
Speaker 3: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight. The rain is gradually going and becoming partly cloudy over the night, the low of thirty seven, then a great weekend coming up four tomorrow. It starts with partly cloudy skies in the high of fifty six is forty seven. Now, Who's Radio seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 22: Busted my bud trigger treating and when I got back it, Daddy.
Speaker 5: Took my stickers.
Speaker 2: Mom took the kid cats, Grandpa.
Speaker 22: Took the twicks, Grandma took the leasy cumps. Smell hand this candy corn and candy corn just sucks.
Speaker 2: Hands. Keep your hands off of your candy.
Speaker 22: We're the ones who went Dora door to get this stuff, and the last thing we want is there to be left with us staking second candy car.
Speaker 7: A holiday reminder from seven.
Speaker 2: Hundred W l Candy cornious sucks.
Speaker 23: Over twenty twenty five, iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by.
Speaker 3: Capital Lunch, streaming Holy on Hulu.
Speaker 12: Right now seven shooting pool right at.
Speaker 5: Him, make some noise for tat McCray.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm shabby, haygard nod care.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is John Bogardi.
Speaker 23: And so much be it all at our twenty twenty five iHeartRadio Music Festival presented by Capitol One, streaming only on Hulu right now.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming. Good to Miami Valley Gaming no. December twenty seven for a chance to win a Ford one thirty five.
Speaker 2: Must be twenty one.
Speaker 5: Ohio Problem Gambling Helpline one eight.
Speaker 2: Hundred five eight nine nine ninety sixt six or visit.
Speaker 3: Org dot Ohio dot com.
Speaker 5: Ready to take a.
Speaker 7: Break, visit time at Ohio dot com.
Speaker 24: Joey from Vermont, a farmer trying to get through the winter. Adriana from South Carolina, a single mother living paycheck to paycheck. Liam from Ohio, an injured father struggling to provide for his family. Hi, I'm Shinola Hampton and I support the Feeding America network of food banks because they help provide over six billion meals to people in need each year. Learn more at Feeding America dot org.
Speaker 1: More than a few of our patients have talked to me about their first time, but it's not the first time.
Speaker 2: You're probably thinking about. It's the first time that a rectil is Funky.
Speaker 3: Dot com jays. How we look in last week.
Speaker 5: We were good.
Speaker 25: We bracketed Thursday night and Monday night Sunday we went even, so we were actually up four units last week.
Speaker 3: See that's I guess that's good. Well, I know we talked about what units means. But if you're up for I'm this dollars, is this lira?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 2: Your unit?
Speaker 5: Unit is?
Speaker 25: Your unit is unlike unlike what we might talk about in the locker room, or unit is actually just the amount of money you bet per bet come.
Speaker 5: So whether it's.
Speaker 25: Ten dollars, fifty dollars or for those pros out in Vegas, ten.
Speaker 5: Thousand dollars a game. Okay, I saw that's one unit.
Speaker 3: So you don't say, well, my ten dollars bet hit, but my twenty dollars bet. Didn't you just say that units did? Or okay, I guess.
Speaker 25: Yeah, the ten dollars bet would be one unit. Twenty dollars bet would be a two unit bet.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 3: Now, if I gamble with my wife playing blackjack, I have my unit's not the same as hers. You know what I'm saying, I don't they don't count the same. But she's got her unit, is her own unit? Yeah that makes sense, right, HER's heh yeah yeah, if she bets more than five dollars. I look at her funny, because I was like, you don't really know. You're here to socialize, not to play cards.
Speaker 2: Why are you betting that much? Do you know something that I don't? Or right? Or are you just you have too many glasses?
Speaker 3: The one you have a thing with a dealer? What's going on?
Speaker 19: Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, let's get to the business at head and talk about football. The game tonight Ravens at Fins and Ravens by seven and a half. And I don't even know if that's high enough. Guys, do you no?
Speaker 25: I'm in the same boat. I thought this would be a ten and a half game when it opened, and it only opened at six and a half.
Speaker 5: It's been bet up to seven and a half.
Speaker 25: I'm all over the Ravens on this. There's a reason Vegas still has them as the favorites to win the AFC North even though they only have two wins on the season.
Speaker 2: Here we go, all right.
Speaker 1: And then so look the next one here we've got to talk about the Colts and the Steelers. Here, I'm seeing the Colts minus three and a half here, maybe the biggest story of the NFL this year. How good the Colts are offense? Defense, Liu hnt Roumo getting done, Hundy maybe the best offensive line. A lot of folks are talking about that now. Yeah, minus three and a half Colts.
Speaker 25: Yeah, I'm all over the Colts. As we all know NFL and really the game of football is one of the trenches, the start ever being off. So I'm all over the Colts on this. I think they sneakily have the best overall roster there is right now in the NFL. Execution might be a little down compared to say what we've seen with the last two weeks with Kansas City, But the Colts they look like a wagon right now. They look like a fa to definitely come out of that division and possibly make an AFC championship, Ronz.
Speaker 5: So I'm all over the Colts on that one, all right?
Speaker 3: And how about Vikes at Lions. I'm seeing Lions by eight and a half and Vikings lose Carson Wentz, who's going to quarterback for that team?
Speaker 5: Now, they're going to be forced to use GJ. McCarthy this week.
Speaker 25: I think they've been hiding him because what they see is not good enough.
Speaker 5: That's just my guess.
Speaker 25: I'm obviously not tuned in up there, but I don't see any way the Vikings get close to the Lions in this game. I'm all over the Lions. Give me whatever the spread is.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go out to We've got the Broncos at the Texans.
Speaker 2: Pretty evil in here. I'm seeing minus one and a half.
Speaker 1: I never know what to think of these real close games from a line standpoint.
Speaker 25: Now, yeah, this is a weird one because I honestly thought this would just be a pick them, as in pick a winner, and that's it.
Speaker 5: Minus one ten on the odds.
Speaker 25: Just because the Texans have looked a lot better on defense and the Broncos have a really good defense. On this game, I'm all over the under. But if if I had to flip a coin, or you put a gun to my head, whatever, take a pick. I'm going to take the Texans at home to cover the one and a half.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: The align on that where the over on that is a little low to me. I don't have thirty nine and a half. Does that get top?
Speaker 25: Yeah, it's I mean it's super low for a reason. Normally you'd think the standard average in the NFL. I think this year is either forty one and a half or forty two and a half, just because that's the basic. You're going to score at least twenty points on either side. And when a game goes under, that is when it sets off alarms, like, hey, maybe pick the under because there might only be twenty seven points scored in the game.
Speaker 3: All right, next game we're looking at is Jags at the Raiders. Jags minus three. In that game, the over forty four and three. Man, right, they're looking good forty five and a half. They're in Vegas.
Speaker 25: This is one of those matchups that they should have sent overseas, just because we send them terrible games all the time.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, you really need to do I agree with don't.
Speaker 25: I don't like you these teams. And to be honest, in Oakland, they just signed Tyler Lockett, so they're basically getting the once, once upon a time.
Speaker 5: Good Seahawks back together. The problem is they're all old.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 25: I like the over in this game because I don't know how much defense is going to get played. But at the same time, I got to go with the Jags just because they have Trevor Lawrence and they have a very good young defense.
Speaker 1: So all right, let's goes. You know, I'm a big one here, right Chiefs and Bills. Bills kind of need to get back on track a little bit. Thiefs started off the season the dynasty's over, and now they look pretty good here.
Speaker 25: So the Chiefs last two weeks have been unequivocally the best offense we've seen in the NFL this year. And it's not even closed. If you look at what Andy Reid did in the screen game against the Raiders and then you look at what he did last week in the intermediate passing game.
Speaker 5: He is humming right now. And I don't.
Speaker 25: Think anyone, especially Buffalo's defense, can slow down the Chiefs right now. So I'm going over and I'm going Chiefs minus the points.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Well, OK, I mean and again talking about flipping the switch, Ravens and Chiefs get hit mid season, Well, the Ravens didn't have Jackson, but now the Chiefs have flipped it. So let's talk about the Monday night game. Kind of a Yawner Cards at the Cowboys. Cowboys by two and a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 25: I like the Cowboys just because the Cardinals aren't healthy yet. It's gonna probably be another two weeks before they're fully back. They are coming off a bye. I don't know how much it's gonna help them. The Cowboys look really solid on both sides of the ball, and Dak Prescott is playing his best season of football right now since he's been a professional. So I'm all over the Cowboys, even though once upon a time I was a Cardinal season ticket holder. I just don't think they have the horses for the game this week.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the big one here. Bengals Bengals, Bengals Bears at Bengals. I'm seeing Bears minus two and a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 25: So, for all your listeners who haven't tuned in today or aren't hardcore following hour by hour Bengals news, both Trey Hendrickson and Rogan will and we're not dressed for practice today.
Speaker 5: Joe Flacco was. He was presumably gonna throw.
Speaker 25: But that wasn't during the media availability portion of the practice. I DeAndre Swift might look like Walter Payton this week. We saw what the Jets run game did to the Bengals.
Speaker 5: Last week.
Speaker 25: They had more running yards dan passing yards despite being down by two scores multiple times in the game. I don't know how the Bengals stopped the run unless their defensive front seven finally starts stepping up, which has not been the case since Week one in Cleveland. So as much as I much as I hate to say it for all of our listeners out there, I cannot in good contest take the Bengals to do anything against the Bears this Sunday. And the best chance they have is to get an early lead, force justin fields to throw the ball. But as we saw last week, I mean goodness, how open were the Jets. It's wide receivers in the secondary on those intermediate throws from say twelve to fifteen yards twenty yards.
Speaker 5: It was ridiculous.
Speaker 25: So I'm going to go the over just because I think there's still a bunch of points scored. But I do not like the Bengals to even cover the six points that I saw earlier. Today I've seen five and a half. I've seen six and six and a half. I don't know how the Bengals keep it that close, to be honest, just because they're so bad on defense.
Speaker 3: Wow, so maybe you have PTSD they're Jase, but it doesn't field as a quarterback and the Bears anymore. My mistake in there, I'm like tripping right now.
Speaker 2: Yeh no, that was my fault.
Speaker 5: My fault.
Speaker 1: I mean the Bengals don't want to face him exactly shocking think they we would, but not at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cal Williams, I apologize.
Speaker 3: It was my crew up, That's all good.
Speaker 25: I was going through my I was going through my notes as we were talking, and I hit the justin field stats in front of me, and that's why said the name.
Speaker 2: Jason.
Speaker 1: I don't know I'm gonna be throwing this on you, but a good college game one that's you know, particular interest to me, uh Vandy at Texas, I mean Vandy seven and one. I called the Commodorees about a month ago, saw how legit they were, and they've been just putting on I mean, great displays of football at Texas, which of course is a different animal. Texas probably still has one of the better defenses in the country. I'm seeing Texas minus three and a half.
Speaker 2: How do you see this one.
Speaker 25: I'm all over the number on Texas here. I think they I think they're starting to get right at the right time. And Diego Pavilla is awesome of a storyline as him being so confident in himself. Is there at Bandy. They they just don't have the roster up and down.
Speaker 5: All the way through. I don't think the hangs with Texas.
Speaker 25: So I'm gonna take Texas minus the points, and I'm also gonna take the over that I think is gonna cover late in that game.
Speaker 3: All right with that, Jase, we will let you go, buddy, good.
Speaker 5: Luck, all right, Jens, Let's go make some money.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks Chase, our good friend Jason Hoffman from The Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. So, yeah, well, the whole here in Wilson and Hendrickson maybe out on Sunday Flaco, who knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you know part of it.
Speaker 1: I would if Jake Browning does start, I hope he comes back and plays well because he's a genuinely nice guy and I think a good player, and for whatever reason, he always kind of root for someone who seemingly got their chance, and Dick just couldn't deliver on right he's in a contract year, He's going to be the guy, and it just didn't happen for him.
Speaker 2: So I for.
Speaker 1: No others sake, you know, if he does play hob he goes out there and plays well for future his career because he's a genuinely good guy and a guy who works tremendously hard. He's not someone who just mails it in and hope he can figure out a way to get it together.
Speaker 3: See, I think that's a thing. A lot of people are going to feel that way about it. Give him another chance to see what happens. How much worst can it get? After last week? With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 6: From the U SEE Health Traffic Center. With a stroke every second counts and so does your team home to rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see health is a clear choice for stroke carell learnmore. You see health dot com still have the big delays on seventy five southbound before town because of this accident evolving a sem I know, I've got a couple of lanes open. Traffic is backed up to Glendale Milford. It's over an hour delay. It's in the construction zone. End accident involving a semi now seventy five northbound at Western Avenue is a crash delays back to right around to the Brent Spence Bridge about a five minute delay seventy five northbound off empty eastbound Fort Washington Way. That crash is still there. We picked up an accident in Kentucky on Fort seventy one south at Alexandria Pike AT's gone delays to Grand Avenue and seventy five southbound between Esser Charles and the Brent Spence Bridge and north bound Mitchell de Pattick is stop and go seventy one heavy northbound Dana Doronald Reagan Cross County Highway, Rick SHRMP. News Radio seven hundred w WELW the forecast.
Speaker 3: For seven hundred WLW Weather Center for Tonite. The rain is gradually gone and becoming partly cloudy over the night, the low of thirty seven, then a great weekend coming up four tomorrow. It starts with partly cloudy skies in the high of fifty six. It is forty seven down. News Radio seven hundred WLW Is it true?
Speaker 7: Tom Brennan arranges the food on his dinner plate in alphabetical order.
Speaker 2: That is not true, he said.
Speaker 5: True.
Speaker 7: Government scientists have studied Tom Brenneman's brain to better mankind.
Speaker 2: That's not true, but sounds like a pretty good idea, he said.
Speaker 6: True.
Speaker 2: Tom Brenhaman is the best way to start your day. You bet it's true.
Speaker 8: I've got the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, investment.
Speaker 2: News, and always a good time. It's my morning gift.
Speaker 7: To you, Tom Brenneman, tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by United Way of Greater Cincinnati.
Speaker 10: I'm Miles Robinson with SC Cincinnati and off the pitch, I care as much about the community as I do about the game. That's why I support you all.
Speaker 3: Right back with Eddie and Rocky a little while longer you were. You're on your way to Long Necks again here in a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, the chopper. We're at the Hebrew location starting it's not quite November, but starting today and through November will be at the Hebrew location too. They've got like a bigger helipad there, a little easier to land.
Speaker 3: See you about it kind of spoil because it's near the airport.
Speaker 2: So you know, they they kind of chipped into.
Speaker 3: And they get and they closed down air traffic from what I gather when you're approaching out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, yeah, it's only like a fifteen minute window, but all the flights are grounded. Do I get there and safely actit the chopper and then it starts back up?
Speaker 3: You know, Look, I envy you treat me like that around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got you gotta put in your ears at.
Speaker 3: But I have to work on that rock as we know. What are we two days out from Halloween?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And when we say yesterday, you're I'm gonna be a what are you gonna be? A slutty nurse, slutty nurse, slutty fireman?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, And we talked to our good friend Miranda McGee who's going to be a slutty kangaroo from Australia.
Speaker 2: Now that's an outfit I have to see.
Speaker 3: But there's a survey out the kind of a thing going on in regard to Halloween. Of course, it's a you gov survey talking about Americans and their belief in the supernatural, like supernatural stuff like ghosts and demons. Their survey found that forty three percent of respondents believe in demons, while forty two percent believe in psychics and thirty eight percent believe in ghosts. Now, see, I read those figures, and I would think it would be the other way around. You believe in a demon, but you don't believe in a ghost. I think it's much more like they're a ghosts, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because then you believe that there's nice ghosts and evil ghosts.
Speaker 3: Right, But I mean, what constitutes a demon? I want to know. I mean, I guess it with Satan and all that stuff for you, but it's really just thing like deb.
Speaker 2: But in like a hologram form.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, I see it real time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah. Well, and you're gonna be dealing with that throughout eternity when you do pass.
Speaker 3: I know, right, And I'm gonna have to do something really horrible so I can go to Hell. It'll be a much easier ride, much easier than going to spending eternity with her.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: What are you doing? What's going on? I'll be sleeping there on my on my cloud and she'll be like, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Hey much?
Speaker 3: Let's watch think driving and.
Speaker 2: Dies like shut that show?
Speaker 3: Right to be like again? U? So women are most more likely to believe in psychics, with forty seven percent of women thirty six percent of men believing in psychics. Now, do you believe in psychics? I don't believe in psychics.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I told you I visited the psychic Chris henrything that I wouldn't have I wouldn't have believed it unless I I experienced it.
Speaker 2: I do believe it.
Speaker 3: Well, I did get I told you I went to the Renaissance Fair a long time ago with my then girlfriend and we got our tarot cards read and the U and she read my palm and a lot of stuff she said was pretty spot on. But you don't have to be a psychic too. It wasn't like saying, you know, you know, I'm at thirty at that stage, thirty years old or whatever I was, So it's not like you have a whole lot of life history. So you can pretty much that's a pretty shallow pool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see in this you. Uh you like the Cincinnati Red Is that right?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You're got you now? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: And of course you're like, oh, I see you by your lifeline, you're going to live a long life, right, Well, of course I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 2: That yeah, no, one goes right, make this quick.
Speaker 3: You better get on enjoy life right now. Uh And a majority of the respondents sixty reported having at least one paranormal experience, such as feeling a presence, smelling an unexplained odor that happens in my house a lot, we're hearing voices of someone who wasn't there.
Speaker 2: I can't recover hearing any voices. Of course, had the Oxford light experience. I won't get into it, un douse.
Speaker 3: You want me to, well, well, let's save that for tomorrow for a Halloween because it's so scary. Gather the kids around.
Speaker 2: It's real to me, damn it.
Speaker 3: Well, when I do mushrooms, things are real to me too, like oh hi Grandma, she's been dead for thirty years. But anyways, so yeah, well we've talked about we both have paranormal experiences and we should deep dive on that tomorrow and take some We always.
Speaker 2: Do that, right. You had the one who was in the kitchen, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw reflection on my TV screen of the lady in her little kid walking through the wall and out, and that.
Speaker 1: Was in the house.
Speaker 2: You well, you.
Speaker 1: Not your current one a condo, but the one before, correct, and that was the only time, right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, there were always there was lots of stuff that happened there.
Speaker 2: Really, okay, I I feel like I don't remember now.
Speaker 3: There was a time, well, shoot, several times that stuff happened there. And there was a time when I forget which which one of them was a little kid nappable age and I'm sitting in my There was a hallway that went down to the bedroom, their bedroom, and then at the end of the hallway was where I had my computer. And so take him in, put him down for his nap, blah blah blah. All right, buddy, you're good. And uh so I go and sit, uh, sit down at the computer, and I'm just futzing around there. And about ten minutes later I hear it. It was a carpeted hallway and I heard pad pat pat pat pad, than somebody walking down the hallway and it sounded like a little kid, and I like, okay, so I stand up and I actually, as I'm getting ready to walk through the door, I go, come on, buddy, we gotta get your back in bed. And I walk around the corner. There's nobody there, and I walked down the hallway, open the door and he's laying there fast asleep. Yeah, dude, how you think I felt?
Speaker 2: What wasn't there?
Speaker 18: One?
Speaker 5: Two?
Speaker 1: Was this you that were I get one of your kids when they were little. They asked something like, hey, aren't you gonna get him some food too?
Speaker 11: Or something?
Speaker 3: That was I think that was Jack was sitting there having uh I think it was breakfast one morning before he went to probably kindergartener daycare or something, and she gives him his cheerios or whatever, and he goes and that's what he said. He goes, Mommy, how come you never give the man any food? And she goes, what are you talking about, buddy? She goes, but this man is always standing here watching us watching Wow, what man? This man? But he now he's walking away. Yeah. That And if you remember, I don't know if you and I were working together yet or not, but we had a lady on and I. She was a writer about that stuff about ghosts. It had something to do with the little Miami River or whatever. And the river was right down the street from where we lived. And she goes, well, I guarantee you that it has something to do with it. I was like, what are you talking about And she goes, well, the spirits are drawn to bodies of water, and I'm sure there used to be a lot of encampment along there, and maybe it was victims. They were victims of smallpox or something, so they're just looking for a place to be. And I said, well, why does that have to be my next guy? Yeah right, yeah, all you want with that guy not me? And she and she said, well I can, I'll do an exorcism over the phone, and I and no, lie, all that stuff stopped after that. We never heard it again.
Speaker 2: That was kind of disappointing, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was a little bummed about it, to be honest with you, I was kind.
Speaker 2: Of getting it was very attacking.
Speaker 3: Nobody ever attacked you or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was when we know you never saw the woman in the in the kid.
Speaker 3: I only saw the woman and the kid one time, and I heard we heard never heard noises when I wasn't there too, So yeah, it was it was going on.
Speaker 2: You know, I thought you saw the woman and the little kid like in the TV.
Speaker 3: I saw no, no, no, that was only once. Okay, yeah, no, but we heard the little kid around a lot. Okay, that's never saw the woman again, but we saw the guy and yeah that was but when But I'm glad that creeped you out too, because when Jack said, uh, the thing about aren't you going to give him food too? Because that that is like something out of you know, I see dead people.
Speaker 2: Some right, I have a horror movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, what Oh that would freak me out. That would freak me out.
Speaker 3: Now do you know anybody who has had experiences like that that you honestly believe?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I feel like most of the people that I have are believable in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that people have told me that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, in other news rock how about the lover thing? They're finally tracking down this gang, the Heisters.
Speaker 2: Big time heist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they now have apparently arrested five more people in connection with the heist.
Speaker 2: Did this It was a inside job to some degree.
Speaker 3: I haven't read that part yet. The investigators are withholding any all the details at this stage. But but blah blah blah. The authority suspect that the gang involved in the heightst may be larger than the four individuals that are seen in the videos.
Speaker 2: They have and they got what Napoleon's jewels.
Speaker 3: Right, like one hundred and five million dollars worth of stuff, I believe, and I thought they were talking already about the fact that maybe they had already melted it down.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Really okay, I mean'd probably be the only way you could move that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, I don't think you can go around and guess what I have? Yes, what I have Napoleon's.
Speaker 1: Jewels, Facebook marketplace ad right, but yeah, but that yeah, Hey, guess what, it's.
Speaker 3: A rounded bike. It's getting close to Christmas? What am I getting this for? The little woman?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've talked about it before.
Speaker 1: Though, there's like, you know, certain just rich people out there that would be in the market for that sort of thing, just to to keep it and hide it and show their buddies or something.
Speaker 3: Well, you and I've talked about that before, back in the day when people somebody stole the Mona Lisa. What do you do with it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The most famous painting ever.
Speaker 3: Literally in history? Yeah, so who you can't even the only point in having it is bragging that.
Speaker 1: You have it, right, Yeah, And maybe that's enough for some of They got so much money that you know, they just wanted. What's something? If you can buy anything, you want. You can any car, any ferrari, any jet, any yacht. If you already can do that, what's something that you can do that your other rich buddies can't have the Mona Lisa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've got well, I've got a moon rock. I've got a rock for Mars. Really, I've got the Mona Lisa. Bro come down the basement. Check this out.
Speaker 2: You won't believe it.
Speaker 3: I've got the king tut sarcophagas. I have the Mona Lisa. What are you talking about? Okay, bring it? Uh uh, well you better get on out. What do you you and Lancey? Have you got him under control? Get the filter on, set on high for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be a one of those shows coming off of that that Bengalos game last week. Well, of course, revisit that a little bit, some of the defensive woes. Talk a little Chicago Bears. Of course, only two hours tonight six to eight at the Hebron Long Necks and.
Speaker 3: With as wound up as he as he gets, you better get get get him started on the jigger feed early early.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I need something to kind of tire him out. Yeah, melow him.
Speaker 3: Down, tamp it down, just a little bite, uh. With that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.