Speaker 1: Seven seven hundred WLW Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Shot and round Table Show. We this month are at the Long Necks in Richwood, presented by Postman Law. Thanks to Uh Suzanne. Suzanne dropped off the buttons from Ovation. We've got really cool Ovation Welcome to the Jungle, Ovation buttons we gave her.
Speaker 2: She was the UH.
Speaker 1: She was the driving force for winning the Standing Ovation. And she was sitting there and when when I saw the look on her face light up, and I said, well, we're onto something by recognizing the fans for getting the standing Ovation from Ovation, because anybody who's stuck through that entire game on Monday night deserves the standing Ovation from Ovation.
Speaker 3: And last time she was present for our show, the best One.
Speaker 2: Well that's true too. There you go.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, So if they win this week, then she's got to be back next week and we'll have to deal with her again.
Speaker 2: Oh man, man, I don't know if that's a good deal.
Speaker 1: And it is great to see Susanna and everybody involved with Ovation.
Speaker 2: We appreciate their support of the show.
Speaker 1: Let's talk some high school football, man, oh man, there are some big ones this week, and you hear our next guest on Friday nights with the award winning High School Football Tonight Show on ESPN fifteen.
Speaker 2: Thirty and Fox Sports thirteen sixty.
Speaker 1: You read him as the content manager of Tri State Football dot Com. Let's talk week seven and a matchup with what nine teams on? Nine teams still undefeated after six weeks. We're going to talk about four matchups tonight as we welcome in Greg Shoemaker.
Speaker 2: How are you.
Speaker 4: I am wonderful guys. How are you guys doing on this beautiful Thursday night.
Speaker 2: We are fired up, ready to go.
Speaker 1: We've got a great dock of the games to get too, so let's get right to it. Let's start with Mohler Elder one versus two for the GCL South title.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about this one? Elder's six and oero for the first time since two thousand and one. The next two years after that they won state titles with Chilli clatheart those days back in the back in the last time in elder Woods state championships. But they were good for a while there, so that started good runs to them. Interesting thing about Elder is the next three teams that are going to face are all five and one right at currently five and one, so they've got their work cut out for him, you know. But their defense has been outstanding. They're only giving up sixty eight yards of game rushing, twelve points a game, and you know, seniors Derek Ran and Alex Duggan have combined for sixty four tackles, seven and a half sacks, and sixteen tackles for losses. I mean, this is this is a team that's got a lot of things going well for him. They've only turned the ball over twice and now here come the Moller Cruise. Saders into town. Twelve consecutive GCL South wins dating back to September twenty twenty one. They have owned the South and just been fantastic, and you know, they're looking for their four straight league title. They you know, they've just been playing great. They're averaging thirty eight points a game, which is a good It's gonna be a matchup, you know, a good offense versus a mistellar defense. Muller just keeps getting it done. They've had a lot of injuries this year, and a lot of people haven't really paid attention to their injuries. But they had a running back last year or last week a freshman named Juice Glover Brown and he ran for one hundred and twenty nine and two touchdowns. So really a just a great matchup between two different teams. Like I said, one versus two at the pit and Rocky, I want to ask you a question. You played in a lot of great places, you know, Notre Dame, Kansas City, Arrowhead, But where does the Pit rank for you as far as all time places played? Because on a night like that, in a GCL side game like tomorrow night's what have happened? Oh man, it can't be anything better for an eight sixteen, seventeen, eighteen year old kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's as good as it gets. It's a hostile crowd, but that's what you love about it. And you know everybody comes out of the woodwork and the whole basically West side of Cincinnati shuts down, all those streets around out of high school. No, absolutely a fantastic place to play. Yeah, great, yeah, good, go ahead. Now I was gonna say, just moving on, Greg, I see you know cubcasts at Highlands. Now, I'm old enough to remember when this used to be like a yearly rivalry kind of thing that hasn't happened in a couple of years. I guess, first question why and I guess how's it been rekindled here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Cubcast went down and they were been playing Class four A and Highlands has been playing in Class five A for the last couple of years. They hadn't played each other during the regular season, but when they were both back in Class four A District five, they would not only play each other during the regular season, but they always seem to catch up with each other in the playoffs as well. In fact, these two teams since twenty sixteen played thirteen times since twenty sixteen, and Cupcat holds an eleven to two advantage in the series in that span, and before that, Highlands won like ten or twelve in a row in this year, so it's a series of streaks. But right now cubcast is looking very good in this series. Now Highlands is won two of the last three they lost last year, but one of the two before that, so their seniors know how to get it done in this game. Really interesting matchup here. Cubcasts won four in a row. They're averaging thirty six and a half points in those games. They lost their first two and they were both I think by six or eight points. They have a couple of seniors, Dyan Geyser and Cash Harney the quarterback. They've combined for fifty six touchdowns. Since the beginning of last season twenty games, those two have had scored fifty six touchdowns. And on that On the contrasting side of that, Highlands had thirteen players score touchdowns and only one of them has scored more than than two, and that's Tayon le Wrenz in the junior He's got ten on the season. But I look for this to be a very irritating, high scoring game. You know, it's a Highland's another great place to see a game, And yeah, I just think that this one here is is going to come down to the wire. Highlands has got one loss, that was on the road to Boyle County. Boyle County came into the season having won like something like thirty in a row. So no shame to lose there. If you're the Bluebirds, it it's gonna be It's gonna be a really good night over there in Fort Thomas, for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, how about the Battle of Forest Hills the Anderson Raptors, Turpin Spartans, your thoughts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Anderson six to zero, and they look fantastic. Turpin's sort of a surprise team. They're four and two and four and one in the league. Had a big win a couple of weeks ago or last week over West Claremont. But Anderson, you know, they just looked the part. They look like they could be a state champion already. They're averaging they got a forty point two average margin of victory. I mean, they have been fantastic. They're averaging forty nine point eight points per game, you know, two hundred and ninety nine points in six games. It's a lot of points. Their quarterback Griffin scaff has thow for two thousand and eight and nineteen touchdowns. But there's a couple, here's a couple really odd as good as Anderson has been, a couple of great stats about this team. They have fourteen to two point conversions on the season. Running back Jordan Davis has ten of those. So it's interesting. They almost out there watching them last week, and you know they get up their first every time they go and score touchdown early in the game, their first touchdown they score. They are always scoring for two points. They want to get by eight points. And then the other interesting stat they have is they've only punted once all year. It's an amazing thing to see. They take all four downs, man, and they're gonna make you pay for it. It's hard to stop them. And then turf it. On the other hand, eight games they had their two and two in games decided by eight points or less, and they haven't beaten the team yet this year. That's one more than two games, so this will be a huge test for the Spartans. They spread the wealth around on offense. They got four guys that have more than three hundred sixty yards of offense, two of those are are and another guy with sixty six receiving, so you know, they look really good. Now again, they haven't been really tested. Luke Milam their quarterback has seven rushing touchdowns and seven passing touchdowns. And their defense, their defense has four takeaway touchdowns already with three interception returns and one scooping score on their ten takeaways. That they have, so really really interesting team right there. A great game, but I think Sparkan Anderson's going to be just too much for the Spartans in this one.
Speaker 3: I really like that coach Anderson has Evan Dryer. I think he's one of the best offensive minds around. But moving on here, Greg Northwest Nights at Taliwan. The Talawan has not been six and oh since nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 2: Tell us about this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, So this is a really good, good game. We'll have a Northwest head coach, Brandon Shoan on with us in the pregame portion of high school football tonight tomorrow. And they've won three in a row. They had had a couple of tough losses early in the season, they started to play well. They got some dudes on that side of the football. Now Tliwana, they haven't beaten the team with more than two wins yet in the season. So, and it's really weird because the top four teams in each division will get buys this year, and they're sitting at number five even though in the computer rankings, even though they're six and oh. So it's an interesting game tonight. I think it's going to be a lot closer than people think Tomorrow night. Running back lancecan Trail for Talawana has fifteen hundred yards rushing already. He's averaging two hundred and fifty five point eight yards per game twelve point seven per carry, and the team has twenty touchdowns or twenty s toenty touchdowns rushing, so he's got games already this year four hundred and twenty three yards, three hundred and thirteen and two hundred and eighty six rushing. I mean he's putting some mileys on those those cleats, that's for sure. And this is an interesting team now. Their quarterback Oliver better Stone ten touchdowns and only one interception, so you know when when they're setting up to run and they're knocking it out with the pass late and drives as well. So a very very good, very very good Taaliwanda team, and congratulations for those guys up in Oxford. We're doing such a great, great job getting to this point. Northwest. Northwest has six defensive touchdowns already, three stoopid scores and three pick sixes, and Jalen Lily has three of those with two pick sixes and a fumble recovery. Jalen also is their starting quarterback, so he's playing not only on that, they're having a hard time getting him off the field even on special teams. He doesn't want to come off. He's been a great junior leader for them. He was a defensive player last year and moved to quarterback and is having a great, great season for Northwest. I think that's gonna be a fun with tomorrow night for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, Greg, give us a wrap up with a preview of the show at tri statefootball dot com.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so tomorrow high school football tonight. I'll be doing the pregame portion of it. Like I said, I'll have bread shown. The head coach at Northwest is on holy Cross head coach Kurt Spencer's joining us. The Holy Cross Indians are five and oh for the first time in school history. They had never been four and oh in school history. They're looking for a good with tonight there or tomorrow night. They're playing Frankfurt. That'll be a food un and I'm also interviewing d Aca head coach Calvin Renfro. They're sitting at five to one and had a bit back to back wins or Division four team that back to back wins over Division two teams the last two weeks. They're looking good. And then of course the Satan Xavier game against Trinity is in the middle of high school football to night and then Supuan alv and I will be back until eleven o'clock with scoreboard updates and coach interviews. It'll be a great night there. And then tri statefootball dot Com you can get everything there. We will have postgame interviews. I know Jake, Jake, burt Meyer are guys gonna be on the scene there and do postgame interviews at the elder More game, so we'll have plenty of good stuff. I wanna try to State football dot Com as well.
Speaker 2: Sounds like I'm playing always excellent stuff. We'll talk next week. Thank you, Greg.
Speaker 4: All right, see you guys have great weekends.