Speaker 1: Listen Beaverville.
Speaker 2: Come on in morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 3: How about those dolphins.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later, please, I could never know what the day with us Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram.
Speaker 4: Yeah, super duper. That's nice fight to go Nito guy.
Speaker 2: Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 5: It is the twenty seventh day of April twenty twenty six. Good mono. Everybody. Welcome to a wet Monday morning on the patch of Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey, and here we are. We've got a whole lot of stuff to cover. We've got a wild wind, Wolves win, we got brand new vikings, we got a big trade in the NFL. We got so much to get to, Ladies and gentlemen. Let's not wait. Let's get right to some comedy and right into the show. Here's John Christ Comedy on a Monday morning. Come on in, everybody. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 2: What's the Indian's new mascot, zaybody?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: The Guardian Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 2: You'll know what a guardian is.
Speaker 6: A guy that says be home by ten pm, and you go, shut up, You're not my real dad. Who are y'all playing the Cincinnati Stepdads?
Speaker 2: Who are y'all playing the Guardians? Don't we's scared of that?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know, if you ever watched baseball, You're watched baseball.
Speaker 3: They hit a home run.
Speaker 6: There's no one in the stadium, there's no one in there. No one cares about baseball. I'm saying, spice it up. You know the Rangers. No one's scared of the Rangers.
Speaker 2: You know what a ranger is.
Speaker 6: The guy says when you're done camping, thrown at your trash.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: You're not scared of it.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, spice up the names. You know what I'm saying. If you were watching a baseball.
Speaker 6: Game tomorrow and you're like tonight's rubber matches the Miami Cubans versus the Texas Border Patrol agents, don't tell me you wouldn't watch the Virginia Vegan played the Saint Louis Slaughterhouse employees.
Speaker 2: Were last week.
Speaker 4: You gonna lit.
Speaker 7: Feet us on your side. You hear the sistance under in your strays, A.
Speaker 5: Say like the clapt.
Speaker 2: Howard trip mornyhow Monday, April twenty seven. I'm Corey, that's Chris, that's Paul Zachary back there. Who knows. I don't know what's going on. Good morning, guys.
Speaker 1: How are you guys?
Speaker 4: Hi Corey great?
Speaker 1: How are you great?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: He threw all his hats on the car.
Speaker 5: His hats?
Speaker 2: What hats he has?
Speaker 3: All those hats that he used to wear, like a Bellbank hat.
Speaker 1: I think he had a Seventh Avenue pizza hat.
Speaker 2: And then he had the wig that he wore.
Speaker 3: The other day and it's now on the floor because he I don't know why he was mad about it. I don't know where he went. I was untangling the cord. Oh yeah, I'm sure somebody tangled it all up.
Speaker 2: Go maybe No. I don't know who had these headphones. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, what's wrong with the headphones?
Speaker 5: Do they not look a little bit?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: I didn't have mon No, I swear to you, I didn't have Mone. You know who might have had him on because they were here on Saturday? Maxo, Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was Yeah, good I don't know he produced for Parker. Yeah, he sounded like human centipede. Did he talk on the air, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't listen.
Speaker 1: I don't know a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: Maybe not Saturday afternoon, but Saturday evening NonStop talkers.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: Lots of stuff.
Speaker 2: Going on in this joint, And Saturday was nuts, and it didn't feel like we went to and l but we sure as hell did, uh good Man. The Dante news sucks. The news sucks, sucks. God Iowa was legendary. It was awesome. Yeah, he Boldie was awesome, the whole bit demo. Sure he could say it either way.
Speaker 1: However you want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our guy Grenard's out the door.
Speaker 5: Yeah he gone, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He traded him for Jacoby Thomas in a third rounder next year. Sounds different when you put names to it.
Speaker 5: Of the band that sings about cutting their life to pieces.
Speaker 2: That's Captain Jacoby Shaddocks of the Artists. Yeah.
Speaker 5: We also got a guy.
Speaker 4: Named Big Citrus.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love that name.
Speaker 1: What a cool nickname.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, big Citrus, yea big Citrus.
Speaker 1: I like the way that guy says.
Speaker 2: How do we feel about it? If we go back a week and a half to Levi Drake Rodriguez being on this show. Yeah, and when we asked him about the draft, he was like, hey, man, they're coming in to take my job, so obviously I'm gonna support him and love him, but you know, it's competitive. And then the Vikings drafted ninety four defensive tackles in the last four days, ninety four.
Speaker 3: What was one of their names, hawk Big Citrus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we got Big Citrus. We got Caleb Banks and a whole bunch of other guys I've never heard of.
Speaker 5: You got Tiny cart and Milk Yep, yep, all of them. John Vegetable yep, they took him. Yeah, move well, no he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was Big Citrus.
Speaker 3: I got that guy.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I thought they'd get a little more for Jonathan Gernard. I thought they'd at least get their fifty fourth overall pick.
Speaker 5: I heard a lot of people say that this weekend, and you know what, I thought, No, you know, I thought, I bet they tried.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're probably right, Yeah, I bet they did.
Speaker 1: I bet they were like, did Rob not think ten ask?
Speaker 5: I bet nobody called said I'd like to give you my my first round pick.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, no, well let me draft big Citrus first.
Speaker 1: Then I'll call.
Speaker 2: You who.
Speaker 4: Citrus?
Speaker 2: They took him and crap, their first round pick was already made. What if you just give me a third this year and a third next year that you.
Speaker 3: Guys think that's enough?
Speaker 5: Why he was there, I think he didn't have a choice, man, d I love the fact that Brazils came out and said beat Bob Boob don't work forever?
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, yeah, it's almost like he listens to the show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's like, listen. He actually said the words, I think this did not make our team better.
Speaker 1: We know that they know.
Speaker 3: What you know about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah it goes back and.
Speaker 5: They said, but you forgot we drafted, didn't he.
Speaker 2: Seriously didn't he say something like, I know people think the cast isn't real. Yes, say that means he listens to this because the cap and for the record, we can go all the way back to when beat Bop Bee Boop Fixed started. Yeah, it was never a shot at rob It was a shot at the NFL. Yeah, it was all general managers and front office guys and money guys. All you have to do is shift the money. And I'm not saying it's easy, right, but everybody does it. Everybody can do it, So sure you kick the can a little bit. But when you see the Cowboys, that cowboys are way over the cap. And then they just go, hey, dak cd uh, let's just let's just convert this to this and.
Speaker 1: This to that and this to this. Beetbop boop boop.
Speaker 2: Fixed, and then they're under the cap. So sure, we're gonna save some money by trading Gernard. We get a couple of third round picks in return. One of them is that safety from Miami named Jacoby Thomas, not Captain Jacoby Shaddocks, no, the artroach smoke right. It sucks because Grenard was a great dude on and off the field, great interview for this show. The culture of this team the last handful of years has been elite, really really good dudes that also happened to be really good football players, and he was a great example of that.
Speaker 1: Sucks to see him go, yeah.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have to lean on I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 4: Big Citrus.
Speaker 2: What's the guy's actual name again, something orange? Yeah, yeah, what a name.
Speaker 5: At first, he didn't like the nickname Big Citrus.
Speaker 2: When he heard this, does that's a sweet name.
Speaker 9: I didn't know he said this about it Mandri one of Big Siters, and I kind of looked at it crazy, like what you're talking about, Like that's kind of like, don't don't call me that. She was like that's what they're calling on Twitter right now, and of course that At first, I'm like, no, I don't like that. But then as more and more started to pick up, I'm like, know what, I kind of rock with it. So, you know, fans started calling me big Stitus, my coaches started calling me big Stitchers. I'm like, know what is kind of sticking to me? So let's let's rock with it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I love the No.
Speaker 2: I never heard of him, third round pick out of Iowa State.
Speaker 5: Never heard of him. No kind of a draft guy, are you?
Speaker 1: I'm not? Aren't you on sports Leader barely?
Speaker 2: No, I've never heard of him.
Speaker 3: He's juicy, He's what juicy?
Speaker 2: In fact, of course, you know, I had never heard of Caleb Banks until about two days before the Vikings picked him, and I had not heard of any other name on our list. The only thing that I think is interesting is when they addressed center, which is seventh round. Yeah, and didn't take a wide receiver. So seventh round centers. Haven't you changed? This is state of the obvious. Have a chance to pan out, but not super likely, right, it's it's a long shot. Yeah. I don't know. I don't know what we're going to do.
Speaker 5: I think they like Blake Brindell.
Speaker 1: Enough to at least give him a go.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 5: I thought was interesting too, And I can't wait to talk to Benjamin about all this stuff today. We like all and maybe this is kind of the NFL, I should say, the college draft moving forward, because kids make as much money, if not more money in college than they do come into the NFL for the rookie year. We're going to see a lot of seniors, and we saw a lot of seniors get drafted. I mean, that's center.
Speaker 2: It's a good point.
Speaker 5: I think he I believe he is. He twenty four, like he played for six years. I think in college football. I think he played like one hundred, four hundred and ninety two games and fifty cents.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I think you're correct, though, because isn't uh.
Speaker 5: If you're making a lot of money in college, why would you leave.
Speaker 2: College when the pros aren't guaranteed? Right, right, if you're going to be later on.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right. You might if you think you won't go six or seventh roved, you might not make the squad. But if you you're definitely gonna make that college squad, you're definitely gonna make that money.
Speaker 2: That is nuts to go pro and take a pay cut. Yeah, yeah, I agree, Yeah, thanks Tom, he gets it. Yeah, yeah, Tom gets it. Uh did you see.
Speaker 3: Did you see the guy that the chiefs took and then immediately bought all of his his mom and his two sisters brand new Maseratis.
Speaker 5: That's that's not a good idea on Peter Woods. That's not a good idea. By the way, Zach just bought a house there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Zach, he loves it there morning. From to your point though, Caleb Banks was a senior ac Yeah.
Speaker 5: There's gonna be a lot of seniors, man, I think we I think that's gonna be a trend in the NFL, like for a long time. Now stand there, make that money, that's guaranteed money sort of, I mean, like sure they want you there. There are way more spots at starting Center in the in the college ranks and there on the NFL.
Speaker 3: Well, and that was like the bit with Ty Simpson where everybody sat on Thursday. Miami offered him six million dollars, so he had to have had a very strong indication that he was going to go in the first round, right, because if you're Ty Simpson and you go in the fourth round, you probably should have taken that six million dollars and started.
Speaker 2: At Miami, right.
Speaker 3: But he went thirteenth overall, right, right, his troubles are behind him.
Speaker 5: Right right.
Speaker 2: It's insane how much you sound like Stephen Wright sometimes me. Yeah, I think he.
Speaker 5: Says like Tom Bernard like all the time. Oh that's a good thing. I'm not. It's not shot.
Speaker 2: You were like he probably or maybe you just sound like the gal with the beach house in Jacksonville, But you're like, he probably should have diggn that job in Miami.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does sound like you couldn't care less.
Speaker 2: You'd bang the beach hostly, right, hawk, I care? You do care about the NFL Draft?
Speaker 1: I do, do you? I caught a little bit of you on Friday night.
Speaker 2: You guys did about a nine hour day two of the draft show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and then you rode off into the sunset on your motorcycles.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did. We parked them outside and we drove away. Yeah it was very fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not a great Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 5: I was backstage at the old Chantas Dinner Theater. Get ready go on stage. Listen to your sons a bitious.
Speaker 2: I was texting you, Yeah you were. I can't remember what I texted you about pop up? Oh yeah yeah, because it's all you think about it. Yeah. So Ben Leeber is going to be here in like forty five minutes. Big week for the power to a morning show because we go to Grand View on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: What big Citrus morning show.
Speaker 2: Citrus will be there Thursday night and then broadcasting Friday morning.
Speaker 5: That's correct, we will.
Speaker 2: We will at least have a wild game when we're up there. Yeah, might not have a Wolves game because they go win. We might just win the night and end it. Aren't they eleven point dogs?
Speaker 5: He cares?
Speaker 2: Who cares? Who cares? We didn't need and Dante on Saturdays.
Speaker 1: Well you'll do that anyway.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: The Nuggets are so god dang frustrated. Was so frustrated.
Speaker 3: Then somebody stole what's his face?
Speaker 1: Is Undies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, and.
Speaker 5: They said he had a little winger on him. Who said that, I'll tell you said it.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 5: That wasn't don't say he said that a different big c.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that name though. That guy's going to be great or bad or okay? Yeah, the only question And we have plenty of times, so I don't have to get it into this now, but I do have one.
Speaker 2: Pick. I questioned highly of the Vikings on Friday.
Speaker 5: He didn't have a good season last year. Are you talking about? Wait, who you gonna talk about about?
Speaker 3: I don't and I get it from like a depth standpoint, but I don't understand taking a back up tackle with a top one hundred pick. I thought they should have taken somebody else. I don't know, I mean like a center.
Speaker 5: He heard that he may be moved to gurd which.
Speaker 3: One I don't know. Do they hate Will Fries?
Speaker 2: Even so last year's ago, I mean when we had anybody around that, yes, we I mean our quarterbacks were running for their lives when we had one of our offensive lineman out, So we had.
Speaker 5: One that I heard didn't really care to come back.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know anything about Caleb Tiernan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think from Northwestern's huge.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: If he's a huge bit and he's healthy, let's get him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, you answered my question.
Speaker 1: That was easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, normally is man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's going to be that easy. Ask any question you want.
Speaker 3: What's the name of the guy they chose first in the third round?
Speaker 5: Do you know this recory?
Speaker 1: Well, it's Dominique Orange.
Speaker 5: I think it might be.
Speaker 1: That's Orange.
Speaker 2: Then okay, no it's not. I don't know anybody else named Orange. The last name is Orange. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't think I do either.
Speaker 2: I don't either. Like there was an Eli Apple, Yeah, he's still in the league.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Like there's no Frank Banana.
Speaker 5: You know you had to call him big Citterest. There's nothing rhymes of orange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you ask him and m Yeah, I think memories and your MIC's on. It's gonna be a long week. No, it's not already derailing. Uh. Speaking of rails, there are some rails that go around the top of your roof. Yeah, man, they're called gutters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get them protected with that gutter helmet and gutter helmet MN dot com. It's pouring rain right now. If your gutters are full of stuff, they're gonna clog. It's gonna be a disaster. I don't worry about that. My dad doesn't worry about that because they have it up north as well. Gutter helmet MN dot com. Hypek is the top.
Speaker 2: Of your roof?
Speaker 1: It's actually the bottom of your roof.
Speaker 3: Yeah technically yeah, yeah, either way, listen to what you say at the bottom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, they touched the bottom.
Speaker 2: Huh. The Power Trip Morning Show after this on the fan.
Speaker 5: You know what's the problem is when it comes to basketball, it seems don't like each other. That's why I fetched they don't like each other.
Speaker 1: Well, if they didn't before, they definitely don't now.
Speaker 2: After the Jaden McDaniel's lay up with about a second or two to go and Joker sprints across the court to confront him and grab his jersey, and then Jaden smiles because he owns him, it seems don't like each other.
Speaker 5: You're right, they don't.
Speaker 2: Man, that that shot of Jaden just smiling, like, what are you gonna do? What are you gonna do? No fear, no face is if you take a swing at me. You're right, yeah, yeah. It was basically like a dairy dairy. You're not going to your team is right done if you do that. Act act tough if you want, but you're not going to swing.
Speaker 5: Well much like the Joker got there went, I did do that.
Speaker 3: I do love how you know, all these Denver fans are up in arms about it, And there was like eighty videos at the end of games of Murray just jacking up long threes when they're up by like twenty five.
Speaker 1: Was it a year ago or two years ago?
Speaker 2: Was it last year when Jamal Murray just threw the hissy fitting threw like that heating pack on the floor during a game. Yes, it's like, come on, there are a bunch of babies too.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter if the guy gets two more points. Who cares?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. The only thing that sucks is the clock stops and then some one of the Nuggets has to run down and inbound the ball.
Speaker 5: You get paid, go shut up.
Speaker 2: And it's an unwritten rule, but it's technically like Jayden said, and he's like, hey, clock store running, I'm gonna lay it up there.
Speaker 3: You played with the whistle.
Speaker 2: I wish he hadn't done it, but yeah, it's not the end of the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad he did it.
Speaker 3: He's totally in their head, totally. Yeah, they're terrified. And as I said two weeks ago before this series started, this team is built to beat Denver? Can they beat it on? Can they beat anybody else?
Speaker 2: Oh? Are you writing it down now?
Speaker 5: I'm looking through the script? Oh two weeks ago? Yeah, so that had been middle of April. Yeah, yeah, I did. What time of the.
Speaker 3: Show, probably about seven twenty five?
Speaker 5: Oh, son up a bitch. See that's right here.
Speaker 2: Are we only built to beat Denver? Like, can we beat San Antonio? I don't think so without ant because we weren't built to beat san Antonio. You know, we are built on rocket roll tough. We built this city.
Speaker 5: No, not on right, right, it's a great, great, great song. Sack Zach didn't hate that song?
Speaker 2: Yes, it does.
Speaker 3: He says, like the worst song of all time.
Speaker 5: He's kidding, Yeah, he's kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm not a kitten, He's not a kid.
Speaker 5: Son of a bitch man. You said that, look at you?
Speaker 1: You what' a take?
Speaker 2: Thank you? That was sarcastic. No, I know, I get it.
Speaker 5: You also said I like big butts and truck nuts. I did I remember saying, do you remember saying that? I don't remember the truck nuts part. I probably said truck nuts. Truck nuts sounds like something I would say or get fixated on and say over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like Waine or Dusty. Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, decided to check your work more often.
Speaker 2: Thank you, you're welcome. Tip of the cap to our guy Tim Connolly as well, because I know a lot of uh Wolves fans really really really wanted the Greek Freak. Yes, but if you look back at what we would have had to give up, all of us that were like, oh man, that's a lot. I don't want to give up Jayden. No, we're gonna have to gut the team, basically to put Ant and Freak on the same.
Speaker 1: Squad, right, Greek Freak.
Speaker 2: Somehow he threaded the needle and found io for Dillionham, who was an absolute disaster here. Best to luck to him in Chicago. And Leonard Miller, who never got off the bench. And you know, behind the scenes, I was told was not the brightest ball, didn't maybe understand everything that was going on. Right, So you got rid of Dillionham and Miller for freaking Io who scored forty three. What an upgrade to be unbelievable.
Speaker 1: So would you.
Speaker 2: Rather have Io for essentially nothing or the Greek freak for half of your squad? I'd rather I would too. Yeah, can you hilt on that he'll start tonight, right, has to. Yeah, he's that's Dante's spot the rest of the way. Yeah, he was so good. Dante might be out an entire calendar year. Yeah, correct with the torn achilles's what's the timeline nine something like that.
Speaker 3: And when you saw it, you're like, oh god.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, both injuries. Ant's injury too. You're like, okay, well he hyper extended.
Speaker 2: Can we you know, like look when when when somebody tears their achilles and you see the back of their legs shake. Yeah, it's like that's not super graphic. You're like, oh, I saw it. There it is it there goes. When they replayed Ants hyper extension about ten times, I'm like, could you stop showing up throw up? Yes? So gross. It's so gross when it pops like backwards. Yeah, o god. The second time I saw him, like enough, yeah, I think they showed it about a Baker's dozen times. Yeah, disgusting, disgusting. So he's out weeks. According to Shams, the Wolves expect him if the Wolves advance passed round one. By the way, he's completely out for the Nuggets series, but they expect him to miss most, if not all, of round two assuming the Wolves get to round two.
Speaker 3: Somebody said, I read yesterday that the Greek freak had the exact same injury and he was out six days?
Speaker 1: Was it Kurt Bill?
Speaker 2: Hyper extension and a bone? But I'm pretty sure I read that yesterday.
Speaker 5: Was it Kurt Bill's. I don't think it was Kirk Trus's NBA takes anymore. Why because he's been off a lot. This is a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has. He's in Italy still, Yeah, Kurt a Rivederci, Yeah, son Italy.
Speaker 1: That would really suck.
Speaker 2: If the youth the Wolves get past Denver, you're running to San Antonio and Wemby in round two and you don't have Dante and you don't have Ants, but you have Desumo. I you sure do. I mean.
Speaker 3: You go back to Saturday night, right, it was a love to believable win. He had forty three points, right, he came off the bench. I think it's what like one of the most points ever off the bench, second most ever, most in fifty years. I mean he played forty two minutes. He was thirteen to seventeen on field goals. He's all off the top of your head, five of five for three pointers, twelve to twelve and free throws made.
Speaker 1: That was pretty goo.
Speaker 2: It was almost like you watched the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was plus he was a plus ten.
Speaker 1: Think about that, Yeah, I will.
Speaker 5: When they put down a lion like they did at the Como Zoo, did they allow big game hunters and to track him down?
Speaker 1: Oh, they put a lion down?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had too. Oh man, we talked about poor guy had cancer.
Speaker 2: Remember I forgot about that. Yeah, well look at the script. Oh yep, that's a good name. They put down the little lion man.
Speaker 5: Well, pretty big lion, pretty big lion. I wonder if they allowed him to try to get away though, like, let him be a lion one more time. Yeah, try to eat that guy before he before he shoot you. Marcus said, go, I had forgotten that.
Speaker 2: The the origin story of the Indiana Jones Whip was when he fell into that train car, the circus train car, and then there was like a lion in there, and the lion was oh yeah, walking up on Young River Phoenix Yah who was going to be the next Indiana Jones essentially, And then he had to quickly grab el lion Tamer's whip behind him to fend off the lion. You know.
Speaker 3: The third one's great. Yeah, it's the last Crusade. It's also good, like the third back to the Future. What you mean there was the best one? That's Hawk's favorite. That's the worst one. It's so good, though, is it sacrilegious say that?
Speaker 1: I actually like.
Speaker 2: What's the first one, Rders of the Lost Ark. Yeah, that's the one I like the least. And I know that's the one that is critically a claiming to be the best because it was the one that set the tone and all that garbage. But it's the one I've seen the least, and it's the one I like the least. I definitely like the Last Crusade the best. It's ninety four percent on Rotten Tomatoes. But last Crusade, what's Raiders of the Lost Ark higher? Because that, like Raders of the Lost Ark, was on the A five hundred best.
Speaker 3: Rasable the Lost arc is ninety four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's Last Crusade?
Speaker 5: It's the third movie?
Speaker 2: Brillant.
Speaker 3: The Last Crusade is eighty four. Temple of Doom is seventy seven.
Speaker 2: How about checks out.
Speaker 5: About BTF squared three to two?
Speaker 3: What do you think the score for Back to the Future three is one hundred.
Speaker 1: Fifty eight?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, seventy nine?
Speaker 2: Is it really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's not bad. The first one is a ninety three.
Speaker 2: It should be higher. The second one is higher A what?
Speaker 3: The second one's a sixty three?
Speaker 5: Second sucks?
Speaker 3: No, the second one's the best one.
Speaker 1: Are you nuts?
Speaker 2: Two and three are both both mostly unwatchable only good part of two. We all know what you say. I mean, we all know.
Speaker 1: We all know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 3: Pretty LORDI just say it. What were you gonna say?
Speaker 5: You're like, they're like this, I'm like, I get it, Biff, I get it.
Speaker 1: From President.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna tell you right now. If she had had those in that car and BT one, Marty been I mean, that's that's right.
Speaker 10: He would have motor moted his mom but and then instantly disappeared.
Speaker 2: He would That would what a great concept. He's so horny that he has to end up killing himself. He wipes away his own existence just because he's like, I can't pass this up. I can't.
Speaker 1: And then he immediately disappears.
Speaker 5: And he's not gonna want to live with the fact that he did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: How great would it have been if the writers have Back to the Future basically turned him into Zach Morris And he.
Speaker 10: Just goes time out and he talks straight into the camera. He's like, look, you know, I'm gonna I can't live with myself. I know what's gonna happen. This completely screws up my timeline. I'm out, but I can't but.
Speaker 2: Look at those right and he just disappears. He looks at a photo of his brother and sister. I'm sorry, We're all gone. Yeah, I have to.
Speaker 1: I hope you understand.
Speaker 5: Where do you get it?
Speaker 2: I do this?
Speaker 1: Brod Page Sports and Power to Morning.
Speaker 2: Joe returns after this.
Speaker 1: I'm the van.
Speaker 4: Big Citrus.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I do love big old rainy Morning like it is out there right now.
Speaker 3: I knew exactly what you were doing when I pulled in the parking lot and I didn't see your car.
Speaker 5: I was just sitting in on my phone in my car listening to a rain, going through the news stories, coming up with brilliant bits for the show, like this one big I thought of that in the front seat of my car this morning. That's I would never have thought of it. Yeah, had it not rain?
Speaker 2: All right, let's do fun paid sports time now for front paid sports exactly presented by Holiday Station Stores. Holiday Station Stores buy three monsters for just eight dollars, limited time. You can get any flavors you want, mix and match any Monster energy flavors at holiday Thanks Holiday, Yeah, thank you Holiday, You're the best.
Speaker 5: Thank you holiday quickly. If you could buy three monsters, what would they be?
Speaker 2: Frankenstein?
Speaker 5: Easy?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 5: The wolf never is?
Speaker 1: Why would you buy Frankenstein? I think he'd be good to have.
Speaker 3: He did that. He's intimidating. But if he killed you, I think he's misunderstood the werewolf go see it? And why? Because I'd want to ask him about the were wolves in London and then just play warren Zevon on repeat. I don't think you thought this through. I have not, do I think anything through?
Speaker 5: What about the luck ness?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or NeSSI? Yeah, same thing as that? Yeah? Yeah, that would what would yours be?
Speaker 5: Same?
Speaker 2: Okay, run the same page. You don't want Godzilla man room for him? No, because we need more of his movies, right Hawk, we don't want to own him. You don't want like Sully from Monsters, inc.
Speaker 5: Salern from Wait, don't.
Speaker 1: You Sully the Pirate, the Pilot?
Speaker 2: What about al virus?
Speaker 3: She considered a monster.
Speaker 5: There's a couple of monsters on her chest there.
Speaker 2: Did we get the Minnesota Wild one Game four and overtime on Saturday three two over Dallas? That series now tied at two. Matt Boldie, the overtime game winning hero play just a handful of minutes after he kicked one in the most obvious kick I've ever seen in NHL history.
Speaker 3: Spend it like Boldie, like zach O tweeted, which is brilliant.
Speaker 2: Marcus Felino scored late in the third of force overtime. It's something like five or so minutes ago. That was awesome. Bost had forty three saves, Ottinger forty saves. Game five in Dallas tomorrow at seven o'clock. Do we have Zachary? Do we have a timeline on Zicicarillo? Like? Is he coming back this series? What are we waiting on.
Speaker 8: We nobody knew until the high John Hines at a press conference at three fifteen on Saturday. We didn't know until that if you was gonna be playing Saturday. We probably won't know until tomorrow if Zukrella will be back. I'm shocked. It's just the most bizarre thing. He finished the game one, he talked to the media after the game, and he was in the locker room.
Speaker 2: He looked fine.
Speaker 8: He did the morning skate the following day or for game two, and he all of a sudden disappears.
Speaker 2: It's one of the craziest things.
Speaker 8: And now he's what missed three games, So I would hope, I would like to think he's close. He was a game time almost a game time decision on Saturday. But yeah, it's we need him badly that It was a very fun ending to a very frustrating game, particularly in the power play, where he could be an immediate help in Dallas tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: You have a finger on the wild pulse?
Speaker 2: Is Jamie Ben now public enemy number one in terms of the entire league for wild things? Do he hate him more than we hate anybody else? Specifically?
Speaker 8: Certainly right now? Absolutely? And and yeah, I mean he's earned it. He is uh the the you know if you're if you missed it. He had a stick lifted, his own stick lifted into his own face, and somehow brock Faber gets called for a high stick and call on that whole sequence.
Speaker 1: And they scored.
Speaker 2: And what's that?
Speaker 1: Didn't they score off that?
Speaker 8: Of course they scored. Uh, I think it worth two for two at one point. I don't think we we got to kill. So it's you know, it's there's two two parts of the special teams monster that's really costing a while. If if we had an even just below average power play, uh this, we probably are leading three to one in the series, if not more. And if we had an average penalty kill, things are different as well. But they're scraping by. They are the better five on five team. If they can figure out the special teams tomorrow night. It's not going to be easy, but they are. They are the better team for the most of the game. But unfortunately, man of these officials are just and it's not it's both sides, by the way, I don't think they're conspiring against the Wild. They're just either missing calls or calling phantom calls. There's a couple ones in the Stars that I was like, Eh, I don't know if you needed to call that. I mean, even the beginning of the game, when Hartman goes to the box for goaltender interference, You're like, he was stopping, he was trying to stop that, he was not trying to run over Ottinger or make intentional contact of anything.
Speaker 2: He was pushed and they still call it.
Speaker 8: So there's it's just been a very frustrating series from the efficiating standpoint. Again, not saying that there's a conspiracy against the Wilder thing that.
Speaker 2: Do you think we're going to get to the point where and correct me if I'm wrong, if you can, I don't think you can do this. But you know in the NBA now you can challenge essentially anything, right, anything. Are we going to get to the point where an NHL head coach can say, look at that replay, that was Jamie Ben's own stick, like that's not rock We're not going into the box like I challenge.
Speaker 8: We talked about it a little bit in in THEE in that sequence and it was it's it's tough because again, you know, want to slow the game down. All the negatives that you know, everybody brings, somebody comes, some more replay, but there's certain, you know, situations like that where yeah, I think there needs to be something and and the question is what's the penalty if if you challenge it and you get it wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think you're correct. I mean that. Some might say that's a little harsh. I don't. I disagree.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm a female head coach.
Speaker 2: Would that be a way to just have unlimited challenges but not worry about loss of testicles? Well, I think you don't lose it. I just did. I just completely hacked the system. But then you lost Rosie as an NHL viewer. He quit. Yeah, he's not watching that. He doesn't go to Saint Paul anyway, No, but he goes to Tuscany.
Speaker 1: RIVADERI wrong, Rivederci.
Speaker 8: He's in full support of coach Lizzie Hale or whoever you said.
Speaker 1: From a Hale story. Absolutely okay.
Speaker 2: The Wolves won Game four Saturday, one, twelve to ninety six over Denver to take a three one series lead. So as awesome as that was, it just didn't feel super awesome outside of Io's performance in McDaniel's performance, because we got the bad news that Dante DiVincenzo torn Achilles, so out for maybe a full nine to twelve kind of month range, so most of the next year as well. That sucks. And Anthony Edwards hyper extension and a bone bruise. He will miss quote weeks doing hopefully not more than a couple, but he's out for the rest of the Denver series. And again, like I mentioned, a segment or two ago, some if not most, if not all, of round two. If the Wolves advance, that's the expectation part for sure of Round two, if not all of it. So they're gonna need a miracle because not only do you have to finish off Denver without Ant and de Vincenzo, which is possible.
Speaker 1: I mean they did they both.
Speaker 2: They basically did it on Saturday, but that was an unbelievable performance by IOH. You needed a legendary performance to even do what you did. But then you have to find a way to beat Wemby or keep the team afloat long enough for and to come back. That's going to be very difficult. We have to win. We do have to win. Win.
Speaker 1: You gotta win tonight did anything don't like it?
Speaker 2: I have I have a financial interest in the Spurs because my dad got him at thirty five to one and he talked to me and to him and I got him at thirty to one, right, so right home run by my dad. So we're sweating this Spurs thing together. Am I the only one that watched that game yesterday? Yes? Yeah, Holy yeah, I was looking.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. I didn't watch it, dude.
Speaker 2: They were absolutely getting boat raced. They were down nineteen at one point the Spurs, geez, they were down seventeen at halftime. They outscored Portland's seventy three to thirty five in the second half, just destroyed him. So down seventeen at half, they won by twenty one. And we're an unstoppable for us. That played Portland in the second half is capable of winning the NBA title and they can beat okay See. I mean that was about as clean of a half as you could possibly imagine.
Speaker 3: You scored that many points and a half of basketball, as you just said, you could meet anybody.
Speaker 1: But it was efficient, it was dominant.
Speaker 2: They looked like an unstoppable force, and that's what okay See is as well. But man, don't want to see that team in round two. Without Ann.
Speaker 1: But we're not even there yet.
Speaker 3: We got to win one more game, right, and that's not for at least a it'll be at least a week from today, if not longer, if the next round. So they've got that going for them. They sure do, Paul, which is nice. Over the weekend, like.
Speaker 2: We mentioned, the Vikings traded Jonathan Grenard to the Philadelphia Eagles for pick ninety eight this year, which was Miami defensive back Jacoby Thomas and a third rounder next year. Grenard then agreed to a four year, one hundred million dollar extension with Philadelphia with fifty million. It is fifty million guaranteed. His twenty eight years old spent the last two seasons with the Vikes twenty three.
Speaker 1: No, it was twenty four and twenty five.
Speaker 2: Twelve sacks in twenty twenty four, just three last year, but he had twelve games, so mister, a handful of games and no.
Speaker 1: It was one of those.
Speaker 2: His pressures stat was still really really good. Right, he got to the quarterback a lot frustrated the quarterback a lot only got three sacks last year, but we all saw how disruptive that dude can be. Wow. Yeah, and Philly obviously wants him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough to let him go because when he's on, he's probably your best defensive player. He wanted a new contract. They weren't going to give him that here, so they had to trade him. And you know, I think the safety they got for him at pick ninety eight could be an immediate starter this season, which is good. And then it's always good to have top one hundred picks in a loaded draft next season.
Speaker 2: But you lose you know, his leadership.
Speaker 3: And all that, which was great, and how good of a person he is on and off the field, which is tough. But they must really believe in Dallas Turner if they're gonna let him, just go for what they got for him, and they they they I think they work with him if they don't have Dallas Turner and they what they think they can get out of that young man, which I think is going to be a good thing. But yeah, it's tough to see him go.
Speaker 2: Any other draft takes that you had what we did or did not accomplish.
Speaker 3: I really like after I after Nordon and I after the fifty first pick when they moved back from forty nine to fifty one and That's where I thought Nordal I think Norton may have said an honor off the ear. That's where I think they were buying time to see if they were going to get the fifty fourth pick from the Eagles for Gernard. But the kid they got at fifty one, Jake Golde Goldie whatever, however you pronounce it, you can say it either way, right, I think he will be really good. He's huge, He's played all over the field. I think he's going to be a really good player in that kind of Andrew Van Gingh gold Dallas Turner mode where he can play off the ball, he can drop and coverage. He's going to be a good player. I think their first three picks will start right away. Do you think Caleb Banks is going to be a good player. I think Caleb Banks will be a great player. So you think Jay gold is going to be a good player?
Speaker 2: Yes? What about Dominique Gorns, the big Citrus who I think he's going to be a good player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he'll be great.
Speaker 2: So what about Caleb Tiernan from a Northwestern I think be good?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What about Jacobe.
Speaker 2: Thomas you just mentioned him in the defensive backslash safety out of Miami.
Speaker 3: Copied his game after Sean Taylor.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be a big grand What about in the fifth round, Max Brettison Britison, that tight end slash fullback from Michigan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, JJ McCarthy called him a fox Hole guy. I think he'll be good.
Speaker 5: So you said JJ was at his party?
Speaker 2: Yeah about that? Three, four or five? So so far we're six for six. What about Charles Demings Steven f Austin cornerback in round five?
Speaker 3: I think he's the steel of the draft, Charles.
Speaker 5: What about Charles Nelson Riley?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What about that guy from Coach No from match Game?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Uh?
Speaker 1: Demand or Damon?
Speaker 2: Maybe Demand Claiborne running back wake Forest round six?
Speaker 3: I mean four to three speed. You can't teach that. He'll be great.
Speaker 2: And then and then Gavin Gerhart, the center out of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: I think he's the next Matt Burke. I think he'll start for you right away.
Speaker 2: So you think we went essentially what nine for nine? Yes, sir? And you think they're all going to be great? Yeah, fantastic. So I'm gonna guess you gave the Vikings draft an a yes, awesome.
Speaker 3: Good job I could argue it the other way too, but for this experiment, I'm going to say it ton A.
Speaker 5: Yeah I do. I know people all have jobs, but reading all the people saying what a horrible draft, it's like relax, chubs.
Speaker 2: Well, and then there's other there's a two or three teams that on paper look like they just knocked it out of the park. Watch those teams be those teams that just absolutely bomb.
Speaker 3: That's the bit. Every year the Jets have an outstanding draft. The Jets are one of the worst organizations, and on paper it looks like they killed it. They got basically four first round talents in their first four picks.
Speaker 2: But like you said, it's the Jets. It's the Jets. Good luck to Kenyon Sadik. Yeah, what really matters is next. Ben liber will be here in a second. This is the Power Trim Morning show on the.
Speaker 11: Fan KFE and welcome some great shows to Mystic Lake Amphitheater three eleven and Dirty Heads will be there July eleventh, five Finger Death Punch on August eighteenth, Slayer will be there September fourth.
Speaker 8: All the details on our upcoming shows in the concert page a KFA dot com qurored calendar, Puck, you love Slayer.
Speaker 5: I do like me some Slayer brand and blood. Man.
Speaker 2: Oh, we didn't draft that guy, Jake Slaughter.
Speaker 3: Yeah they did not.
Speaker 2: They didn't Slaughter on the team. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd never told angels uh the Slaughter first story.
Speaker 5: Yeah he knows it.
Speaker 2: No he doesn't.
Speaker 5: He loved it.
Speaker 2: He Let's do what really matter, scores and stats around the world of sports. In between crys will change your life with something else, and it's brought to you by Ovo, Lasick and Lens. Change your life with Lasik from Doctor Mark Club and Off and Doctor David White and Ovo Lasick and Lens. That's what really matters. Shout out to those guys, great people over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 2: We have been financially abusing Tommy Olsen for about twelve years on this show. We bet with our heads, he bets with his heart, and he just gives us his go for money time and time again. Now he's won a handful right of Gopher bets some yeah, some, but the big ones like national championships and so on and so forth. He just swings and misses a handful of years ago. Sauce you and I because we're in an abusive relationship with Tommy. We abused him, and we said, sure, we will bet you one hundred Gopher quarterback Ethan caliak Manus will not be drafted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure we will. No, No, he won't, No, we won't.
Speaker 2: And then he mostly flamed out here and then he enters the transfer portal and he goes to Rutgers and we're like, good luck with that. Yeah, good luck, buddy. Somehow, some way, the Commanders in round seven took Rutgers quarterback Ethan caliak Manas and cost me one hundred dollars and you one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: So congrats to Tommy for believing in athen.
Speaker 2: Now, technically a Rutgers quarterback got drafted in round seven.
Speaker 1: Technically, but that wasn't the bet.
Speaker 2: It was just whether or not Ethan would get drafted, not a quote Gopher quarterback, because that doesn't happen. Goph quarterbacks don't get drafted. No, but Ethan did. So congrats to Ethan, and congrats to Tommy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the best team I believe that every Like if you go to like cbssports dot com or even like ESPN and they have like a quick write up, take your time, every one of them is like, can't believe we got drafted?
Speaker 1: Yeah, why didn't they wait?
Speaker 2: And that's connected to my second story. We'll get to that one in a second. But first, what really matters is this.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Corey.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. We have good matters on this show.
Speaker 5: You're very well.
Speaker 2: You feel like we're courteous and kind.
Speaker 5: On this date, which is April twenty seventh, in the year twenty eleven, we were here doing this radio show. I don't know what day of the week it was. I'm gonna guess it was a week day. I got a five and seven chance of.
Speaker 2: That that's correct.
Speaker 5: On this date in twenty eleven, the US experienced the deadliest single day of tornadoes in nearly a century. One hundred and twelve tornadoes in one day. You'd think that'd be something I'd remember that. I don't remember that at all. One hundred and twelve. They happened east southeast, and I guess north as well.
Speaker 2: Spooky.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a lot of turn in.
Speaker 1: It's too many.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it is all over the place.
Speaker 1: Let's minimize the tornadoes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 5: Make them smaller.
Speaker 2: Can't our weather over lords just change the algorithm and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, leave us alone, leave us alone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, leave Brittany as well while you're at it.
Speaker 2: So the second part of this eighteen caliak Manis thing is sure he goes in round seven, which was a surprise to everybody. Vanderbilt quarterback Diego Pavia accepted an invitation to Raven's mini camp. Now he is the first Heisman finalist to go undrafted since twenty fourteen. Yeah, Northern Illinois quarterback Jordan Lynch the last Heisman finalist to not get drafted. Pavi is twenty four years old, for little older five to ten, little shorter. After losing a Fernando Mendoza in the Heisman, he posted on Instagram a photo that said f all the voters. I believe he used the actual word. Probably he later apologized. So people say attitude problem, height problem.
Speaker 1: Probably a waste of time.
Speaker 2: He's going to try to back up Lamar Jackson if he makes the team. But interesting that the Heisman finalist, what a monster year, Yeah, didn't get drafted in Athan Kelly ac Man.
Speaker 5: Has even better junior year. I like that dude. He's got a lot of attitude to him.
Speaker 3: And I also think he isn't even an undrafted free agent for them, technically he is because he didn't go drafted. He's invited to their tryout. So he's like an Adam Feelen bit where they didn't even sign him as an undrafted free agent. He's going to their tryout. I think this week invite to the rookie Night.
Speaker 2: I think he.
Speaker 3: Posted on Now, who knows, it could be AI could be fake, but I'm pretty sure he posted Sunday Saturday Night f the NFL.
Speaker 2: I'll find my own path. And it's like we should definitely fact check that. Pretty if he apologized for f all the voters? Are you sure you're not getting trolled?
Speaker 5: Because he might be getting trolled because I don't think he would have said the NFL.
Speaker 2: I don't think he learned his lesson from the first one. I would just you might be right. I just I'm skeptical. I think you're getting I think you might be right. It might be Uh, let me come on, man, doesn't it sound like somebody's playing off the joke that he said f all the.
Speaker 3: Voters it was fake?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, okay, gotta have your flag up man? You right? Hi? Ben?
Speaker 3: I been but still his attitudes terrible. It might have been AI the NFL. I'll find my own path.
Speaker 2: I don't know what path. I mean the CFL. What's the watch uf L? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Great, right, great weekend of football?
Speaker 5: Right, it's the ultimate.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Benjamin Lieber, how are you?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 5: You are a site for some sore eyes because I got allergies and I can't leave them alone. So you literally are a site for sore eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, quite literally? Do you look bad? Do you have a movie in mind when you hear that one that you think of a psychond sore eyes?
Speaker 5: I can hear it.
Speaker 2: We have referenced it already this morning. You can get there, do what I do and just check out of the show until it hits your brain. Just turn your mic off and just stare at the ground and think about it. You can do this. You have to help me.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to get there.
Speaker 2: Is it the third Back to the Future?
Speaker 5: Nope, I can hear it, though not the third one.
Speaker 2: Oh so it is Back to the Future.
Speaker 5: It's the end of Back to the Future one exactly.
Speaker 1: It's when he sees his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: And he goes, man, aren't you a sight for sore eyes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, she got complete, I mean naked.
Speaker 2: No, so she got written out of the rest of the movies. It was Elizabeth Shoo. Why was she written out of the rest of the movie. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I did know at one point.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Benji have a hot take on the draft class.
Speaker 2: Is there somebody outside of Caleb Banks who we've talked about, not necessarily with you, but we can talk about that later. But anybody else that you have seen firsthand that you like or don't like.
Speaker 12: I watched Golday's film before we drafted, I mean the the week or so before we drafted him, and I really liked it. So the the debate, the hot debate, was kind of who's who's that better off the ball linebacker, the Anthony Hill junior kid out of Texas or Golday. And the funny thing is, and I know it's gonna sound like I'm just, you know, propping up the Vikings pick. I actually like Golday's game better Anthony Hill. I think is he's a little smaller, maybe seems to be just a touch quicker, but Golda plays with the physicality that I think that Anthony Hill doesn't doesn't play with and Anthony Hill when he would take on blocks, he would just kind of throw a show older in there and just he'd kind of get smothered. You See, you'd see this guy that could make plays sideline the sideline and get downhill and make plays in the run game, but you'd also see him get swallowed up in the run game. And I worried about the physicality of Anthony Hill, and so I kind of lean towards gold Day. He's like, well, if we're going to take an off the ball linebacker, this guy he kind of does everything.
Speaker 2: He's got a little bit of like Chad.
Speaker 12: Greenway slash Anthony Barr to him in that he you when you watch him play, you can't believe that he moves as well as he does for his size.
Speaker 3: And when you look at you, when.
Speaker 12: You look at Anthony Barr and what we were able to do with him, now, I thought that I was hoping and crossing my fingers as Anthony Barr and turned to a better pass rusher, a better edge guy.
Speaker 3: But he really just had one move.
Speaker 12: It was just if I can get off the ball quickly and beat you around the corner, That's about it. But we you look at a big, a big physical guy that can change direction in space and kind of do a lot of things, and that's what Golday does.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 12: Whether or not he's gonna be the next Van Ginkle, I don't know. I don't know if I saw that sort of past rushing ability quite yet, but a guy that can play a lot of different positions. He is very physical, He's got that relentless motor that you're looking for. So I think that it's a it's a really really good selection.
Speaker 2: So give us your projected starting linebacker lineup. Well, I don't think gold is going to start.
Speaker 1: So who do we get in front of it?
Speaker 5: Down?
Speaker 12: Start Rookieye, it'll it'll be it'll be Eric Wilson and be Cashman, and then it'll be probably Dallas and Van Ginkle. But you know, we we throw a lot of multiple fronts and a lot of multiple personne elements in this defense. So that's why there is room for there is room for, you know, Golda to get in there on certain packages and certain bounds and distances.
Speaker 2: And I don't I think.
Speaker 12: It's gonna be probably fewer and far between his first year. If everything clicks for him, mentally. But we've seen this line back corps miss a lot of games, whether it's the guys on the edge or the guys in the middle. They you know, we know Cashman's got an injury history. You know, we know Eric Wilson is getting a little bit older, even though he got a new extension, a new contract. But it'll be those two guys Man in the middle, and then Goldale will just float around.
Speaker 2: So if you have those four, if you have Cashman and Wilson and Van Ginkele and Turner, then this was truly a best player available because you don't necessarily need a linebacker in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 12: See I think my takeaway and I think you can probably because we don't know the mentality inside that building. It did seem like they went best player available the whole time, and it wasn't like, oh my gosh, we have to go get and find a backup wide receiver right away, because look at our wide receiver situation, we probably need more depth, We need guys to push. We don't know what's gonna happen with ja you know, you know, are we going to give him a second contract and have a whole bunch of money sitting in that room. So there's a lot of question marks whether or not we're gonna get a high end wide receiver.
Speaker 2: We never did. We didn't do that center. Same thing, right, we same thing.
Speaker 12: So it seemed like the theory was we are going to take just high quality players regardless of position, and it just so happened that there are a lot of defensive players on that board.
Speaker 2: What about what about quarterback? Obviously we have Kyle Murphy, Yeah, you can say it either way. We have Carson Wentz yep, and we have JJ McCarthy. So the room is full. But are you in any way surprised that they didn't take a flyer six seven on that's just for the kids on a project quarterback that they could stash on the practice squad. Yes, especially because Kyler might be one and done. We don't know Carson's getting up there in age. We have no idea if McCarthy's going to pan out. We have a lot of questions. You know, is this the chart theory that you should draft a quarterback every year and just stash went away? You know? The thing is a room.
Speaker 12: I don't I don't know if you if you really believe in the running back that we got in his in his four to three speed, and you think that he can be he can develop into a starter, Well then no, they're taking the best player available. And same thing with the center. They're taking the best player available. And you know we see it time and time again. There are a lot of quarterbacks out there that are going to get a look at it looks see in training camps and if they feel like they really really need to find an upgrade and developmental guy, then they'll just pill for somebody from someone's practice squad or like you know, when somebody gets cut or something like that, Like there's gonna be plenty of options out there that sort of replaces a sixth or seventh rounder.
Speaker 2: So Sauce earlier said that the Vikings went nine for nine, and he gave him an a yeah, why not, thanks, you feel the same way. Nine nine for nine correct, Yes, best draft of any team in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Shuts down, I think said, there's no way you can dispute it.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go with it.
Speaker 3: You can't prove us.
Speaker 2: Right or more of what really matters with Ben Lieber and the rest of the Power Trip Morney Show after this on the fan.
Speaker 8: Bonus Bucks is back on Cafe and we have nine chances for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday, that's every hour from nine amfl five pm to enter the keywords learn more at the cafe and dot com. Bonus Bucks is presented by big deck dot Com.
Speaker 2: Mel loves it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, he does. You know?
Speaker 3: I like hm big.
Speaker 2: Citrus dominique orange from Iowa State Benleiber. Have you ever watched his tape or I and you like the big Citrus? I do to me.
Speaker 12: I actually thought that that was the most one of the more shocking selections that we had because again it goes into that bucket of best player available. We didn't necessarily I mean, after getting Caleb and after having Redmond and you know, you known that we have l Presidente in the foldest well that was it necessarily a need No, But they identified a guy that you know, when we were looking at eighteen and we were looking at getting the big defensive tackle out of Ohio State, which is you know, sausage. You know, just really such a fun story to see all the social media stuff and viral clips come out about him and just his reaction to his family and stuff like that. But like that was the debate was do we go after a big, you know, fat pat type of guy to clog up the middle and just you know stuff the run and all this other stuff, and Lee Lee Hunter was kind of the same thing out of Texas Tech, and it was, you know, kind of a fun little debate about what we really need for this defense. You know, we decided to go with who we think is maybe a comp to Chris Jones in Kansas City, which I think is a fantastic, a fantastic idea to go that angle, you know, again, all things being equal, and he can stay healthy. And then then we go back right back into the bucket of tackle and say, no, we still want we still want the situational guy. We still think we still value this first and second down guy that can really clog up the middle, stop to run, you know, and give you a little extra juice in there if you if you need being, if you need be trying to get after the passer. Which you know, he's a little limited obviously because he's so big, but you know he's a he's a pretty athletic guy for being that's that size.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: You got a guy who's a headhunter back there who played a lot more two years ago than he did last year in ivan pace because he was he isn't traffic too much, right, you got big guys in front of him. Make him free him up a little bit, let him go play linebacker.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 12: Well, I mean not only him, but just to look at all of our guys. Yeah, all of our linebackers aren't very big. You know, they're stout, they're stocky, they're strong. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to rhyme, but you know they're not They're not big, physical, imposing guys that have long arms, and they can really play off blocks all the time. So all three of those guys can really benefit from these offensive linemen just kind of staying out of their face and off their lap and they can run around and be athletic and make plays.
Speaker 5: We've got three Cincinnati linebackers, now, man, I mean, come on now, bring it. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 12: Wait, Will Wilson, Yeah there, gold Day. Yeah, and we got a Cincinnati center and you know, selfishly, just because just because I've I've become friends with the family, they have a tackle there at Cincinnati, two that will probably be eligible next year.
Speaker 1: That's what Kurt bills.
Speaker 2: It's not Kurt Joe Cotton. Check that guy out. So we'll see if tackle is available.
Speaker 3: Uh great song.
Speaker 2: You might say that a lot next year.
Speaker 5: If we draft the kid, we are got it.
Speaker 1: It's going to be tough to be big Citrus.
Speaker 2: Yeah who Citrus undrafted? Did you guys read the Japanese kickers story? Uh no, he's like twenty he's like twenty six or twice seven years old. Yeah, for Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Could be the first Japanese player in the NFL.
Speaker 2: What's crazy is if you have read into a story at all, he saw like a he saw a football game and was like that looks super cool and then taught himself how to kick by watching YouTube videos. Wow wow, And they call him the Tokyo tow. He's twenty seven years old. He made twenty seven of twenty nine field goal attempts in twenty twenty five for the University of Hawaii, and he signed with the Raiders. Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 1: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's really for him.
Speaker 1: It's the kick indoors too.
Speaker 2: But if he's like the greatest kicker of all time and he starts at twenty seven years old, in the NFL, would that be?
Speaker 12: I'm and I'm gonna jump in the same situation here with Sauce because I was gonna just playfully ask him to pronounce that guy's name from was that Nigeria? That's that's com to to Miles Garrett. Dude basically hasn't played it. He hasn't played one snap of football. NFL athlete. Yeah, the NFL International Trial go to the Eagles. Yeah, I think he went to the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Hang on there drafted or undrafted undraftedundrafted.
Speaker 3: But I don't even know how to say his name either, But holy cal you are Bernard?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, the last name is not hard. I just don't know how to say his.
Speaker 3: Are how do you spell it? U A r U A r u a r Yeah, who are you are?
Speaker 2: Bernard? Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's tom Son.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Yeah, that guy's unbelievable.
Speaker 12: You guys should see how big that guy is and how how much he and how well he he moves on It's like three hundred and three pounds or something like that.
Speaker 2: His name, he is one of us. My computer froze away. But what really matters is is this.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It's my turn in it.
Speaker 3: He's six four three oh six.
Speaker 2: That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 5: It was on this day in what year, Corey Cove, Because I know you're a fan. Andrew Counanan began his killing spree.
Speaker 2: Well, John Bonus recently traveled the Counanan trail, which is basically Minneapolis to Pennsylvania to New York to Florida, and then he did the reverse Tunan and when they drove home from Florida, Umm, Andrew Cunanan killed Gianni Versace and something like nineteen ninety This was after OJ So maybe ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Is wow, you really you know you're I know it was in high school.
Speaker 5: Now, before you go to into depth about how much you love Andrew, let me tell you what he did, because it's pretty bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really bad.
Speaker 5: He killed a guy here locally in Minneapolis by the name of Jeffrey Trail, beating him to death with a claw hammer.
Speaker 1: Sure Jesus, mm hmm yeah.
Speaker 5: The murder, said Conan, and in off on a nationwide killings breathed ended in July when he killed himself on a houseboat in Miami Beach. I spent most of his adult life as the kept companion of wealth, wealthy older men living a very expensive lifestyle in San Diego. Then you're real close on.
Speaker 2: This, like wealthy, there's a lot of connection.
Speaker 13: Started you love a claw hammer wealthy mountain, so well, go killing a bunch of people is so far the only difference between you and you have a wealthy lifestyle and love rich mountain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and go to the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Mount In April nineteen ninety seven, Counanan told his friend that he was moving to San Francisco. However, he actually bought a one day ticket to Minnesota after begging his credit card company to extend his credit limit.
Speaker 3: Does that work, Hockey?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: In Minnesota, Canana met up with David Madson, whom he had briefly dated in the past. Apparently Conanan went there in attempted to continue the relationship. On April twenty seventh, Jeffrey tail Trail, I should say, and acquaintance of both Cananan, excuse me and Madison met the two at Madison's apartment, but the details of what happened there are still unknown. Thirties know only that Conanan did that deal with the Hammer and then went to East Rush Lake, where He killed Madison two days later with one shot to the head. So he did two murders in Minnesota and then went on the Counanan trail.
Speaker 2: Yep, did the Pennsylvania killed like a cemetery worker in like Pennsylvania and New.
Speaker 5: York, which is like, yeah, that's come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you steal his car or something?
Speaker 2: Was that the game? His car?
Speaker 1: And he drove down.
Speaker 5: On his next victim, which is seventy two year old millionaire Lee Miglan duct tape garden shears went good jeez. Yeah, Denny drove to East New Jersey in Mickland's Lexus kills fourth victim, and and that was the the guy at the UHM stole his car at the cemetery cemetery, a massive man hunt by the FBI, press ram the story America's Most Wanted, which was a great television show. I miss it.
Speaker 12: Did they they know after any one of those murders? Did they know who they're specifically looking for?
Speaker 1: Good question?
Speaker 2: Don't remember? Yeah, good question.
Speaker 5: Yeah they must have though, because there was a massive man hunt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think out how different it is now with cameras air free where Yeah, I know, I guess if somebody would have seen him on camera doing one of these, especially, and when you're in public, don't you just kind of assume you're getting recorded?
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, brothers always watching.
Speaker 5: By the way, America's Most Wanted actually featured him, so they knew it was him.
Speaker 2: Definitely knew it was him.
Speaker 5: Is a celebrity. Reached his peak on July fifteenth when he killed the famous designer Giano Vasaci outside his mansion in South Beach.
Speaker 2: And what was the connection there? Did he have a connection to Versace?
Speaker 5: On July twenty third, Fernando Carrera the July twenty third, while he was on the run for a while, caretaker of a houseboat in Miami, found an intruder on the boat and called police, apparently sensing his capture Conon and oh that's when he got shot. So don't say anything about the uh about the connection, I.
Speaker 2: Don't remember if there was a personal connection or not, if it was just going to be splash y or so, who knows. Ask Bonus. He recently took the Kunan in trail. Maybe he did a lot of research while he was driving. I hope not Wiley was driving, you know what I mean, Like at gas stations and whatnot.
Speaker 3: You just you're reading while you're pumping. Don't watch YouTube videos while you drive.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: Why you guys don't read while you pump?
Speaker 5: It depends on I mean, you know, if there's a place to lay the book, and sometimes you got to distract yourself, am I right? Ben?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Sometimes instead this you know thing about baseball. Just start reading a book.
Speaker 5: You start well reading, you know, Dante's Inferno.
Speaker 12: Yeah, just don't be reading like a penthouse forum.
Speaker 2: At the same time, I gotta think if this scenario was real and the guy was like, what are you doing? I'm reading a book about Andrew Kunanan and his murders. That is the last time you hook up with that. Yeah, and he walks out the door. Night's over.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's because you're reading it. It goes for twenty five minutes. I don't think that matters. I think you'd be you're learning about a serial killer.
Speaker 5: Why in my experience, ladies like about two and a half three minutes at most.
Speaker 3: Lucky Rossie, you're a casanova man. Yeah, it's my turn.
Speaker 5: By the way, Cunanan voted by his high school classmates most likely not to be forgotten.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's truth.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't name anybody else from his.
Speaker 2: Class, So he's right. The Wolves at the Nuggets, and I eight nine thirty starts, let's go. The Wolves look to close out.
Speaker 1: The Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 2: I didn't look this morning, but saw yesterday they were ten and a half point dogs as it changed.
Speaker 1: Nope, they're still ten and a half.
Speaker 2: So DraftKings has the Nuggets as ten and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be pissed.
Speaker 2: But the Wolves shook them down on Saturday without Dante DiVincenzo because he was out almost immediately and will be out for about a year.
Speaker 1: And and was what is that second quarter?
Speaker 2: Third? Early third?
Speaker 1: I forget exactly when he went down. When was the hyper extension?
Speaker 2: Was second quarter?
Speaker 1: Because yeah, I think it was.
Speaker 2: I think you're right so most and you know, I think we were down four or five when Ant got hurt. So the dominance was without both of them.
Speaker 1: Now that's lightning in a bottle. But still yeah there.
Speaker 2: I mean, on one hand, you can have names of games that were more iconic than iow on Saturday for the Timberwolves, not in the NBA, just for the Timberwolves specifically, Right, that was Was that not a top five Timberwolves performance of all times? Oh? Yeah? With the stakes, right, this is a pivotal game four of a playoff series. You have a career high, you don't miss from three, you don't miss from the foul line, and you are essentially scoring at will and your star is out, so somebody has to carry the torch, and you're just like, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially just dominate when there's a ten year stretch that they were just awful, right, So, yeah, it was great. It was awesome that they brought him in, traded basically nothing for him, and now he's going to start tonight and hopefully can find forty points again.
Speaker 1: If Ant had stayed healthy.
Speaker 2: Let's say Dante and Aunt don't get hurt at all, and they're a part of this game, but it's Io has the exact same game. The other two are just non factors, but they don't get hurt. Can you imagine the optimism we would have right now up three to one, But because Dante is out for the year and beyond an Ant might miss the rest of the postseason depending on how long we're gone.
Speaker 1: It felt like we lost even though we dominated.
Speaker 2: Yes, it did, yes, right, like all right, cool, especially he might win this series, but then it's over. That's it's what a what a gut punch on Saturday, especially.
Speaker 3: When you see Ant's injury over and over again. It looks like he tore every ligament in his knee. How lucky were they that they didn't like? In the MRI, Rosie was laughing in Italy. What if he was out for six to nine months or something? That would suck No a rivederci to the rest of the summer.
Speaker 2: For Rosie, it is weird.
Speaker 12: It is weird to play such a good game and be so excited about a team, but yet most of all, the optimism I'm gonna hope future hope is gone because even if you get past Denver, the likelihood of getting past San Antonio or anybody else without those two guys is almost zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how much iOS making this year?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is it under a mill? No?
Speaker 1: Seven million? But still what a steal.
Speaker 3: And he's a I think he's an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year. Man, I read yesterday, unless that, like the pot Vian bit was ai Nope, that looks correct.
Speaker 2: He is an unrestricted free agent. For twenty six slash twenty seven. Yep, he'll make a ton of cash. Yeah, good for him. I man all right, The News is next, more with ben Leeber and the Power Trip after this on the Fan