Speaker 1: It's Friday.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever looked forward to a Friday as much as I have this Friday.
Speaker 1: Just so, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The football playoffs are on this weekend, and I just kind of want to sit around and make something in the crock pot and ordered door dash and scratch my dog.
Speaker 3: Bernie, I'll get door dash, scratch your dog?
Speaker 1: Like to scratch my dog?
Speaker 4: You disgusting man. Why would you say that? On the right hand, that's not a missing for something else, scratching the dog. I end up choking a hog this week. Well, that's what you're alluding to.
Speaker 3: You can't say that I just did choking the hog.
Speaker 2: You're the one that started. I said, scratching the dog. You know, you're like a twelve year old boy that turns everything dirty. Did you hear that? You know I got to do that today. I'm not looking forward to it. But at the same time, I am my shoulders. I don't know if it's from working out too much or just you know, being an old ax.
Speaker 1: Okay, talk about my shoulders.
Speaker 2: I can't sleep on my side, so I got to go to twin CD's orthopedic and then I'm also going to go for my pinky finger, because I fell and landed and bent my pinky finger horribly out of shape a couple of weeks ago and it's still tender and sore, and a lot of people when I told this story said I did the same thing and mine was broken. I had to have surgery. So I'm gonna go over you get the X rays and things like that, really.
Speaker 3: Smart, can you send us pictures of your X rays?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 3: I want to see if it is broken. I want to see the little bone.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe maybe.
Speaker 6: You have to be careful with that though, because one time I went to TCO for my wrist and I posted a picture of my X ray on my Instagram story and they like said that that was like not okay to do because I think there was like one little tab still open from another person.
Speaker 3: It's not just be careful, right, yeah, But I had to.
Speaker 6: Sign a whole document that was like I've deleted all evidence of this to just be careful.
Speaker 2: If you paid pictures, you know what, I'll be very I'll zoom in on the break. So that that's kind of my Friday. What are you guys doing this week? And anything fun?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm obviously going to be watching the Packers win tomorrow night, so that's exciting for me. And then I also have had this project of fixing the diesel heater in my campra Van so I can go on trips and have heat at night, and so that's on my to.
Speaker 3: Do list for the weekend.
Speaker 5: I have or our speech tournament season is starting this weekend. I'm a head coach for a high school speech and debate team, so speech starts this weekend. But then I'm also seeing regular Guy and I think he's going to meet my mom this weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this is regular Guy? Is the nickname for the guy you're seeing? Yes, that is true.
Speaker 5: So I think we might I don't know, watch some kind of playoff game.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Is he a good kisser? Yeah? Is he a good kisser?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's key. Yeah. Yeah. You ever kissed somebody for the first time and you're like, oh.
Speaker 3: God, that made their whole tongue in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Or they make their lips really stiff and go h It's like.
Speaker 7: That was probably me and my first kiss because the girl that I kiss had kissed people before me.
Speaker 1: It was my first time.
Speaker 7: I remember just being like I remember I remember I felt her lips open and mine were very and I was like, damn, I didn't I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know either, vonugh. My first kiss was like I was like, I thought you puckered up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought you went And then she taught me. And once I learned how to do it, I was like, oh.
Speaker 7: That was to be modest, because like, I didn't want to come straight on like, but.
Speaker 1: She was like, hello, give her some tongue.
Speaker 2: I get it, and and and and when you kiss somebody for the first time and you have kissing chemistryctice, that's shut up, that's magic, that's magical, it's like, oh wow, there's something there. There was a really beautiful girl that went to my college, Pike's Peak Community College, the Harvard of the Rockies. Her name is Melissa. She's beautiful and uh, way too pretty for me. And I went to kiss her one time on her front porch and she opened her mouth and moved it, moved her jaw up and down. I looked like you and I right now, it looked like it looked like a bass struggling for oxygen. And I'm like, man, you're beautiful, do you not You've never kissed anything. Nobody's ever gave you anything.
Speaker 8: For me.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: I remember my first boyfriend, which honestly I did not happen till after I graduated high.
Speaker 1: School, but with the name, don't feel bad.
Speaker 5: When he came in for like our first kiss ever, it was like the pucker and he just like came in and I was like, this is the worst kiss I've ever had in my life. So I remember saying, could you put like a little bit more like into it? That's what I said. Oh, And so then he came in again to like pucker up, touch my lips, and then he just moved his face back.
Speaker 1: Back and for it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what it looks like in a movie, and a lot of the time you don't really they have any other education besides a movie.
Speaker 5: And he was kissing me like they kiss in like a nineteen thirty five movie where they just shove their face onto the other person's face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not romantic. Get me out of here, Get me out of here.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm glad that the new boy is a good kisser. We're gonna do pros and cons. We did find somebody who's gonna help out with the pros and cons here. So we're gonna go to Kelsey first with the cons of winter. And so you are anti winter. I'm with you, but Kelsey, take it away. You're doing cons you are anti winter.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Kelsey, Hi, good morning, all right.
Speaker 10: So my first reason is layer, layer, layers. I have to put on my coat so I don't freeze. I waddle to get my car, get in, turn on the heat, buckle up, and then I am trapped. I'm roasting like a rotisserie chicken in a straight jacket, and can I take it off?
Speaker 8: Nope?
Speaker 10: I just fits sweating, wondering why I live like this. It's also the never ending battle of do I bring my coat with me and lug it around while I shot the costco or freeze while walking back out to my car. Then, with kids, every ship requires a wardrobe change. Bundle, unbundle, rebundle.
Speaker 1: You're so You're so right? Yes?
Speaker 10: Yes, Speaking of cars, every day I play the game I never signed up for, called Will I Die Today? Is it black Ice? Is it web pavement? It's a surprise. I am refreshing m N five eleven, like it's going to tell me the meaning of life. Nope, just to see ninety four as a skating rink. Can I also talk about what winter does to the human body. I am so dry all of the time, itchy skin, bleeding knuckles, brittle hair, and it literally hurts to breathe. Then there is the sun situation or lack of sun. It rises at eight, sets at four, and where are we during those precious hours of daylight inside like cave dwellers with seasonal depression steering up fluorescent lights. And my last point, December's Hallmark movie Snow is long gone by January and it stays until March as gray, crusty, snirt yep, no shirts, lighting, every treat, every parking lost. Oh yes, I am team con Winter's aesthetic of depression phase.
Speaker 2: That was very convincing, Yes, very eloquent. Thank you Kelsey. That was beautiful. And now now there's no winter or loser on this when it's going to come down on one side or the other, we're not going to change minds here, but pro winter because there's got to be people who are pro winter. And we found the one who is pro winter, and her name is Rachel.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rachel, good morning, day. Let's talk about why you love winter?
Speaker 9: So I love winter. I have always been kind of an outdoors girl. I like to isish, I snowshoe, I like to be outside, have campfires. Plus my birthday is on New Year's Eve, so I'm kind of biased. There's all of a big party. Oh yeah, it's just you have to embrace it, just if you live here. There are things that you can get. There's electric clothes, electric socks, best things to keep you warm, just like you would get sunscreen in the summer, to stay and drink lots of water. There are things that you can do in the winter so that you're able to be outside and enjoy this beautiful state that we live in.
Speaker 1: What is your next winter act outdoor activity?
Speaker 9: I loved ice fish. I'm one of those crazy people that will walk across the frozen lake and drill holes and sit there with a beer and have snacks and just enjoy the beautiful fresh air and the scenery. It's actually quite beautiful.
Speaker 5: I've always wanted to get into ice fishing, mostly because I think it sounds fun to just like sit in a little a little hut and then like play crabbage all day and then maybe.
Speaker 3: You'll catch a fish.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you can listen to podcasts. You can also be outside if it's like the wind is not wet.
Speaker 2: You can you can sit on an upside down bucket. You sit on an upside down bucket sounds fun.
Speaker 9: Absolutely. They have lots of technology for things down to make it more comfortable, and it's just I highly recommend it. I don't not untially try it. It's a lot of fun. And then just got adrenaline rush of pulling a fish up through the ice. It's a lot of fun. And if you're lucky, you get a wall and you get dinner.
Speaker 1: Dinner, give me a good leg to fish on.
Speaker 9: Well. My favorite is probably Relax. That is kind of the Walleye capitle of Minnesota. Otherwise, we have a bunch of big Sandy Lake up in McGregor. Shout out. That's a great one. And they can even find someone in the Twin Cities. There's a lot of great places to go. And even if you go just talk to her, you know Skuya Cabellas. They can get to set up just some basic here. It doesn't have to be expensive or complicated. It's just a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I love that both of these are very convincing. So you got your pro and you got your con. Thank you Kelsey, and thank you Rachel.
Speaker 9: You're so welcome.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Right, winter pros and cons? I agree, you got to kind of embrace it, you know, but I've not been embracing winter lately.
Speaker 5: No, just really, especially this winter when like it seems like every side street that's not you know, a full like highway is just made of ice.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 7: When I went to Saint Paul the other day for my wizom teeth post stops so many side streets. The GPS are trying to take me on slush and I it was so not even slush piles of just straight snow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so bad. All right, thank you. We appreciate that. Pros and cons on KDWB. You get an idea for a pro and con for next week.
Speaker 1: Let us know.
Speaker 2: Send me a text at KDWB one. I think it's time for Jenny to close the well. You're gonna need it open. But you've been on Reddit. Close your laptop and tell us what you found on Reddit all this morning. Let's get started. Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 6: What habits of girls did you only discover after getting a girlfriend?
Speaker 3: Or a wife.
Speaker 6: So this is for the men of Reddit, and it's kind of funny just because obviously, as a female, I don't notice any of this. Sure, your first one is that grooming and skincare take much more time.
Speaker 2: Than my first one. Yes, yes, especially with Julie. Julie would take an hour to sit at or makeup table and get ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Another one is outfit choices are strongly tied to what Billy, what do you think? Outfit choices are tied to as a female, oh, or tied.
Speaker 5: Well, either the weather, but then also what the what your partner's wearing.
Speaker 3: Okay, so this person said mood in context? Oh yes, yeah, I agree for sureod.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, So I feel like being sad today or do you feel like being cozy?
Speaker 5: And how many times will I be changing? Seventeen thousand times?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Another one is talking through feelings matters more than quick solutions. The amount of times I have dated someone who doesn't allow me to just speak out what I want to talk about and they must try to give me some kind of solution or play Devil's Advocate is astounding.
Speaker 3: Let us just talk, Okay, we'll shut up eventually.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we don't know what it is that you do you want us just to listen?
Speaker 6: How you ask? If you ask, do you want solutions? Or do you want an ear to just listen?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 6: Another one is that they didn't realize how much hair ends up literally everywhere, Jenny, Yes, and like like in places you don't expect as well. My college roommates swear that they still find pieces of my hair on their clothing ten plus years later. And also the sheer number of pillows required on a bed apparently has no limit, because we do love a good throw pillow. Women love to like decor decorate and stuff like that. So these are things that you didn't discover till you had a girlfriend or wife or lived with a female Before we got married. Someone said, my husband didn't understand why there should be trash cans in the bathrooms.
Speaker 5: What, Yes, you wouldn't have a trash can in the bathroom probably not.
Speaker 3: What do you say your bachelor days, did you have a trash can in your Yeah?
Speaker 2: For you know clean X And you know, like if you pull a big old rat of hair out of the shower drain, you need to throw in the trash can right now.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 6: I'll ask you this, Dave, what is a body shower versus a full.
Speaker 2: Shower just when you don't do your hair and go to guess you don't do your hair, you just wash your pits and your bits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 6: And then I will add on that there's the everything's shower as well, which takes about five hours.
Speaker 5: It does because you have to exfoliate everything, and then you have to shave everything, and then you have to wash everything, and you're deep conditioning your hair and obviously shampooing your hair and.
Speaker 1: All of that jazz.
Speaker 3: That's a full shower.
Speaker 6: And then the last one, which I'm so guilty of it is that there's lotion, chapstick, lip balm, hair ties, maybe bobby pins kind of just everywhere. I have a chapstick in every room in my house. Practically I have hair ties everywhere. I did just start whipping out the lotion to be in different rooms too, because I'm so dry this season.
Speaker 3: But there you go. These are things men learned about women after living with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you didn't know, now you know. Some follow up text messages at katiewb one. My husband always complains that he finds my hair in his butt crack. Yep, definitely yeah, yeah huh. Another one and a shout out request White bear Lake Girls Youth Hockey five teams into luth this weekend. I had to switch to the iHeart app headed up thirty five because you can listen to the iHeart app wherever you get a cell phone signal. And thanks for listening. Well, I appreciate that whatever happened with Dave swallowing the camera pill, it was a couple of weeks ago. They found nothing. They found nothing. So and if you want to buy a used camera pill on eBay, just go search for used camera pill.
Speaker 5: I still think we need to get like one of those giant cartoon like baby pins that we like a diaper pin, like a diaper pin that.
Speaker 1: We poke you in the stomach and see if it goes.
Speaker 2: Be That would be great, seriously, would love that. Thank you all right, coming back in a second. On kd WB, somebody by the way said black Phone two was not as good as the first one, but my mom liked it. Okay, good to name Kevin f On KTWB, we're gonna talk to somebody who's got a bit of a dilemma and I want to see if you have any input on this one. She's dating a guy that she really likes, but his family is a mess. Is she going to regret dating this guy and becoming closer and closer to his family which is full of criminals and ne'er do wells? And we'll talk about that coming up next, to see if you had an experience with that. On KATWB, it's Friday, it's KTWB. The sun is out. Oh my god, it's not supposed to snow anytime this weekend. It might become a little bit cloudy later on today. But a ball me thirty two. The days are getting longer, days are getting longer. Life is getting better, Life is getting better, a little better all the time. Couldn't get much worse. That's a Beatles song? Did you know that?
Speaker 1: No singing? I got to believe it's getting better.
Speaker 2: It's getting better all the time, couldn't get no worse.
Speaker 1: Keep going. I'm gonna play that as a boss check. Okay, shut up, boss.
Speaker 2: Like the Beatles are dared, they're over the beatn We're not gonna get into this.
Speaker 1: Or is it Raina that's on the phone.
Speaker 3: Rain is on the phone.
Speaker 1: Raina has a.
Speaker 2: Question, And when you have a question, you got to ask whise people that will give you some good advice. But they weren't available. So here we are Raina. Tell me your story and we'll see we can help you out a little bit.
Speaker 8: Hey, yeah, I'm so I am dating this person and his family is kind of a mess. He has three brothers, a dad, and his mom's not in a picture. Okay, So one of his brothers has been to jail for drug possession. That's one. Another brother robbed a liquor store and then threw the gun into the ditch right outside of the liquor store over it, so prints are all over.
Speaker 2: So he thinks of a good place to throw the gun that he probably stole in the first place. Is oh, get rid of the evidence, throw it in the ditch. They found it fingerprint evidence, went to went to prison. How long was he in prison?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Eight years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't rob a liquor store with a yeah.
Speaker 8: But the goods is the third brother is actually normal, hasn't gotten into any trouble.
Speaker 1: So there's three.
Speaker 2: There's three brothers and then your guy.
Speaker 8: Then also, his dad almost went to prison for stealing. Like converters, like catalytic.
Speaker 1: Convertible catalytic conversion. Yeah, okay, got it.
Speaker 8: So he's kind of awful too, like he raised two good sons and two that son.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so I mean, so what.
Speaker 8: And again the mom's not in a picture.
Speaker 1: So okay. Sure, but your guy's good, Yes, yeah, he is good.
Speaker 10: He is good.
Speaker 8: And then I'm I'm good. I guess like I do well, I make good money, and I drive an OUTI and I'm humble bug.
Speaker 1: What year is your audi's.
Speaker 6: Like it is?
Speaker 9: It is newer.
Speaker 8: The thing, here's my concern, Like they're going his family that the bad one. They're going to know that we do well financially. So I just feel like they're going to come to us and ask for money, like, hey, I need eight hundred dollars or I'm getting kicked out of my apartment. Help me out. The thing is, my family is pretty regular, like no one and my family has.
Speaker 2: Ever been to jail.
Speaker 8: I just I don't know. I'm kind of worried because I don't really want to deal with a family that does stuff.
Speaker 1: Like ballad concern though.
Speaker 2: I mean, seriously, if especially if they all live nearby and you're doing well, there will be times, and I've had this in my family. My family, certain people will hit me up for money and I just don't. I just don't anymore, you know, I just really don't. But they'll, you know, but I think it will happen. They're going to hitch up for money, and then they become bitter. They'll be like, well, you've got a nice house, you've got to you got plenty of money. Could because that I've Julie had that happen in her family. Half the family had money, the other half were kind of losers, and they would and if you didn't give them money, they would get very angry, really very angry, like throw things as ever, like they are entitled, you mean, like money titled necessarily, but but like you've got an X ray hundred dollars you just got back from you know, the Bahamas.
Speaker 1: So I guess the question is is I would say approach with caution.
Speaker 2: But I would say if your if your boyfriend is a good buffer with that family and knows how to handle him, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. But I'll bet there are people listening who it's like, yeah, I'm married into this family. And thereafter is for money or rent money or a place to stay. Way too often, like it's always something, it's always yeah. Someone did text and say is she dating my ex? Another text says break up with him? It's not worth the drama. But you care about this guy. And that's easier said than done, because you're going to lose a guy that you really really care about and you'll miss for a long time, not because of.
Speaker 4: Him, right, because of the bad because of the bad one.
Speaker 2: Genny, you come from a trashy state. Have you had a lot of this happen where you lived in Wisconsin?
Speaker 3: I can't say that I have luckily.
Speaker 6: I mean, I have some trashy relatives who are just awful that I would highly recommend straying away from if you do try to get involved in them. But like the rest of us in the family are great, you know, Yeah, I don't think that that shines a light on who we are as people. We are separate from those relatives, you know.
Speaker 5: I feel like everyone's family, like in any family, they have you know, the quote unquote bad ones in the family. And I see what Raina's concern is though, because her bad ones are really close to the one that she's with because they're his brothers, so that makes sense, like versus you know, a cousin, Like I got that cousin that's bended.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like very accessible. And I'm going to guess, did they all live here locally?
Speaker 8: They're on nearby, They're on nearby. Okay, I mean, well, one other question, Like I'm just curious about people's thoughts on this, like do we think this is a genetic thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think it's a parenting thing. I think it sounds more like a parenting thing. I don't know, maybe genetic is you know, stupid as genetic. Yeah, I'm joking, but I think that bad dad was like on parole for stealing catalytic converters. That's probably just the tip of the iceberg that you might know about dad. I think it's just probably not the best parenting and parents, you know really, I mean, come on, they have such an impact on how their kids behave. And ask a teacher, you know, teachers will be like, I get a bad kid that I met the parent and I understood why. I'm sure it happens all the time. Let us know, send me a text or call me and let rain and know whether you've been down that road before with a family that you know, it was like, okay, they're kind of I don't want to say mooches, but they're always there's always a problem and it's never their fault, and they need something and they look at you, who you have an abundance of resources, and they'll be like, well, you should give me the eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: We do have a lot of text messages saying I'm currently in a one year relationship with somebody like that, and I just straight up told him from the jump, we're never helping people. Nobody's ever going to live here, and he totally agrees. So I guess it's just a matter of having a real honest conversation with your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: And this one also.
Speaker 5: Agrees a good kind of conversation to have with your partner. If we were ever to get married, we need to agree that we are not giving them money or letting them live with Let me.
Speaker 2: Ask you, here's the thing, an important question. How does your boyfriend or partner feel. Is he like, well, you know, they're good guys, they just have some bad things happen to them. You know, I gave my brother twenty five hundred dollars, And you know, what does your boyfriend feel about it? Does he like, no, no, don't want to help, or is he like I got to help here and there.
Speaker 8: I mean he's he's more on the keeping his boundaries with them. Yeah, but I don't know if he said like, I'm definitely never going to help them.
Speaker 10: You know, I sense we're still we've only been.
Speaker 8: Dating since the summer. Like it's it's serious, but it's you know, it's it's not like we're not married or anything. So but I think that sounds like a good idea to have those conversations, to really understand.
Speaker 2: Like under no circumstances and make the first answer no, Because once you loan one person money one time, it's like feeding a stray cat. They'll be back because they know you've got it. So I would say no from the jump, Like you said, here's a text message at Katie WB one. It says I married somebody with a bad family. That is similar eleven years later, we're getting a divorce in His family was a big reason, always asking for money, always drama, and my husband was the only good one in the military. College graduate. He eventually was sneaking money to them to not cause problems with us, and I found out about it.
Speaker 5: Not good. Yeah, but then other people are saying, like, I understand her concern, but all she has to say is no.
Speaker 1: To the money questions. Don't punish a good guy for the actions of his family.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it's just hard that like if you do end up intertwining your lives financially, that then like is the brother is her boyfriend really going to say no to his family if they are in dire need?
Speaker 2: And that's the thing I mean, seriously, if my XYZ relative said I'm going to lose my house, I'm gonna live in my car, Oh, then I'm gonna want to help, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck.
Speaker 2: I would say the best answer we got is probably talked to him and just be firm from the beginning that the answer is always going to be no.
Speaker 1: But then good luck, And the.
Speaker 2: Good news is you got a good one, and that it is hard to leave somebody who's good just because of other things that are out of their control. We'll be back in a second. You can't make this stuff up. Coming up in a second on Katie would be actually, I think Stephanie's coming in Stephanie maybe here to tell us things that are going on this weekend. She had a really good recommendation last week for the gingerbread house display, or a couple of weeks ago for the gingerbread house display, and a friend of mine went to and.
Speaker 1: She said it was delightful. So she's always given us.
Speaker 2: Some like off the beaten path things like the auto shows in town this weekend. That's everybody knows about that one. She'll give you some things that don't always pop up on your radar. And we'll talk to Stephanie next and TV we are talking to Stephanie. We do this every Friday to find out some things that are going on in the Twin Cities that you might want to go out and do. Hi, Stephanie, go wait, wait, try one more time. There you go, there you are. Last week you had mentioned like a gingerbread house up in.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, Minneapolis, Norway houses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and two people a friend of mine WinCE. She said it was great. She took her kids. And then I just got a text message at KATWB one and and it says, I love Stephanie. We also went to the gingerbread thing when we heard it on the radio and it was awesome.
Speaker 1: Good. So we're making them an impact. Yeah, absolutely, Yes, what do we got this week?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 11: Last week we went a little more classic like ice Castles and you know, music at Como.
Speaker 3: But this is like oddball, silly goose weekend, I think.
Speaker 9: So.
Speaker 11: The first thing I found is the classic eighties movie pee Wee Herman. He's back on the big screen this week in Minneapolis. There's two show times on Sunday. It's eight bucks to get in Pee Wee's Big Adventure on Sunday at the Trylon Cinema that's in South Minneapolis noon in eight fifteen.
Speaker 1: Classic movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was a big pee Wee kid, so also the time is great. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: The next one I have is a tap room brawl, basically pro wrestling right there in a tap room in the brewery at Yes, they're just going to set up a ring in the tap room and there's Northern Lights Wrestling is the name of the place or the wrestlers that are coming in.
Speaker 3: They have a bunch of rounds going on.
Speaker 11: Tickets are twenty bucks for adults and fifteen for kids upfront, and then five dollars more the day of that Saturday night at six o'clock Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool beauty pills, did you say? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good place?
Speaker 8: All right.
Speaker 11: The third one I found is if you want to try something new this weekend, there's a family curling day in Richfield. They're gonna have all the equipment provided, hot chocolate in their park building and you can just come out and try it.
Speaker 3: I mean, have you ever tried curling before?
Speaker 1: Not even once.
Speaker 5: I have a friend who does it like he's on a team, like he's really into it.
Speaker 3: Did you guys not do it at the holiday party last year?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: Because you guys, well you and Vaughan went out to days over there dominating. No one told me that they were leaving, so I thought everyone went to the bathroom. And then it was like twenty five minutes later and they're like, oh, we just went curling.
Speaker 3: I was like, cool, I've been sitting here alone.
Speaker 1: Well you couldn't.
Speaker 6: Actually, it's because nobody picked her to be on her on the team, had.
Speaker 1: A great time, had a good time. It was so fun. Did you try it, Bailey?
Speaker 11: Okay, okay, here's your chance tomorrow two to four in Richfield. That Donaldson Park is amazing family curling day.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 11: And then the silliest of things is tricycle jost is happening on Sunday from noon to five at Under Pressure Brewing. You can register to get in their brackets and there you just I saw pictures of it.
Speaker 3: You just get on a tricycle and jousts with like a noodle.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you will, just say not anything sharp, no dangerous.
Speaker 11: No, you do have to be twenty one years old to participate, but they're costumes are encouraged. No long capes or dresses that can caught in the horse legs, you know. But just a silly little thing to do. That's Sunday from noon to five at the Arts and Russure Pool.
Speaker 5: Noodle.
Speaker 3: Love that so funny.
Speaker 11: And then if you're just looking for a chill night, there is a Vinyl Night all David Bowie all Night. Apparently he died, was born and died on like the same weekend. The day's fall this weekend, so they're celebrating Bowie Vinyl Night at Patrick's Brewing in Minneapolis tonight at seven pm.
Speaker 3: Oh, my sister would love that.
Speaker 1: She loves David Bowie. Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, let's go over these again steph So And by the way, if you miss any of these, they will be on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram. And they are also on Stephanie dot Rosner Stephanie dot r O S E N E R on Instagram. And Stephanie's also a realtor. And if you're looking for a house or changing houses or buying or have questions about whatever va loans, Stephanie can help you out. So get ahold of Stephanie. Just send her a dm O. What Let's go one more time?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 11: Number one is Pee Wee's Big Adventure on the Big Screen at Trial on Cinema Sunday noon and eight fifteen in the evening.
Speaker 1: I'm here for that, all right, you're gonna go probably. I love Peewee too.
Speaker 11: Number two, The tap Room Brawl Live Wrestling at Utipel's Brewing is tomorrow night at six o'clock. You have to get tickets online ahead of time. By the way, Family Curling Day at Downston Park and Ridgefield tomorrow from two to four. All the equipment out there for you and you just come and try it out. Tricycle Jousting Sunday from noon to five at Under Pressure Brewing in Golden Valley and the last one was Bowie Vinyl night tonight at Patrick's Brewing at seven pm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, a lot of stuff going on if you want missed any of this. Like I said Stephanie dot Rosner on the Gram, thank you. We love that you come in. We appreciate you. Have a good weekend. To Dave's Dirt. Coming up in a second on kd WB. Guess what basketball used to be America's third favorite sport. It was from Let's see if I get this right here, football, then baseball, then basketball, But another sport has replaced basketball as our third favorite sport. You want to guess what it is? Don't guess out loud, but guess and we'll see whether you got it.
Speaker 1: On Dave's Dirt. Coming up next on KDWB.
Speaker 2: One on one point three KDWB, U, did you make a resolution to be less attached to your phone?
Speaker 1: You're really not alone.
Speaker 2: A new survey found that half of us said we want to reduce our phone time this year. So some of the biggest phone habits that people want to kick in the new year. Scrolling before bed. I've heard it's bad for several things. It fires your brain, up when your brain needs to be slowing down. The blue light is bad for your I don't know, retinas, retina, I don't know. Maybe might as well be rhythm rhythm or something like that. Yeah, looking at social media as soon as you wake up again, I don't do it. As soon as I wake up, I go to the shower, let Burnie out do my hair, because you know, when your hair looks like this, you've got to spend some time on it. Yep, sure, what'd you say? I turned you off?
Speaker 1: What you say?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 1: So luscious and long, luxuriant.
Speaker 2: I like to call it, Yeah, luxuriant locks. Look at your phone while you're talking to somebody. I do it all the time, constantly. Oh my god, it's so bad being on your phone during meals instead of focusing on the food and the company. Again, there's a lull in the conversation. You pick up your phone to see how many lights you got on your latest dog photo.
Speaker 6: I would like to know, Bailey, since you are new and dating regular Guide, you guys feel like your phone stay like put down when you're hanging out.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, because we have plenty to talk about right now.
Speaker 5: Right now.
Speaker 6: Eventually, eventually, you'll get to the phase of like, all right, we're at dinner, I'm gonna look at my phone real quick.
Speaker 5: Right, And I think like though, if we are in public and we are looking at our phones, we're both looking in at the same time, and we're just doing it like quick, like okay, down, and then we can be you know, present.
Speaker 1: That'll change real quick. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Probably. I don't feel depressed when I go to like a restaurant and there are people who are clearly like well into a marriage or something and they're just sitting quietly on their phones at the dinner table.
Speaker 1: I tell you, from my perspective, there is some peace to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you know, you've been talking for the last twenty years or whatever. It is not a whole lot else you want to talk about, So it's okay. There is some peace to picking up your phone and looking at your phone. But I mean during the whole dinner. No, if you don't really have anything you want to say, why why?
Speaker 7: Yeah, But it's a comfortability thing, like you comfortable enough with this person, I can't that word that you don't have to say anything you can I just can just sit in each other's presence.
Speaker 5: See, I can feel that like if you're at home, like on a couch, then you can like sit together on your phones at home, but like out and about come out.
Speaker 2: Another thing people are trying to kick with their phones is constantly checking for notifications to pick up your phone to see if there's anything there, and then recording everything instead of enjoying the moment.
Speaker 1: It's so true if you look at your phone.
Speaker 2: I've probably got over a thousand videos on my phone, and do I look at them.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: I'll go to a concert of video like something, you know, like, oh my god, I love this song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do I ever look at it? No?
Speaker 5: I don't have the space on your phone for a thousand videos.
Speaker 1: I just do.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Get a big storage, I guess. I don't know. I tell you right now I have.
Speaker 3: Let's see how many I have?
Speaker 1: One thousand, six hundred and eighty items in just my videos, just videos. Yeah, how do you have that much space?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: I phone have different levels of like storage that you can keep.
Speaker 5: Say, I have three hundred and nine videos, and that's too many. I have three thousand, three hundred and eighty four.
Speaker 1: This is more than me three thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh, here's mine. Okay, I will tell you mine. I don't even know where it says. Yeah the way they changed one two hundred and one videos what Yeah?
Speaker 1: I really so jealous.
Speaker 3: Just happened.
Speaker 5: Literally, anytime I record a video and I have to like send it to Vaunt, I'm like, hold on, I have to record this one, send it to you.
Speaker 1: Got to delete it off broid, Oh yeah, yead anyway, all right.
Speaker 2: So there's you can't make this stuff up on KATWB proudly brought to you by the Leo Agency. Right into Dave's Dirt on k D double ub. Interesting from John Mulaney. He posted last night and I will read it to you. John Mulaney was supposed to be in town this Sunday night, Yes, and he decided that he is not going to do And if I can find the text here, I'll read it too.
Speaker 1: I have it. Yeah, you got it, Go ahead and read it. He said.
Speaker 7: To everyone in Minneapolis, my show's The Armory this weekend will be postponed.
Speaker 1: What's happening in your city is heartbreaking.
Speaker 7: I hate the postpone shows in the town going through such awful challenges and such grief, because it feels unfair to the audience. Still, I don't feel comfortable asking thousands of people each night to leave their homes, gather at the venue and then make their home, make their way home when this situation is so unsafe. Tickets for this week I will be honored for the respective days of And then he gives some dates in February and said, sorry to anyone who's disappointed.
Speaker 3: Is it February?
Speaker 1: No April? Did I said Februaryeah? In April?
Speaker 2: I was April. Just to clarify it, And I'll tell you what can I can I bring this up right now. Let's give away John mullaney tickets right now for his postpone show, which is now going to be in April. But we still have tickets that we're going to be good for this Sunday Sunday show. Yeah, they'll be good sometime in April. So if you want to go see John mulaney, I'll take a random enthusiastic caller at six five one nine to eight nine KDWB.
Speaker 1: So if you want to go, you're like, oh man, I really want to go. There'd be fun.
Speaker 2: We'll get you in the show six nine kt Wou'd be not a particular number caller, just sound enthusiastic and interested and especially know what station you're calling and what you're winning.
Speaker 6: Please, if you're looking for something to watch this weekend. Now streaming on Netflix is the rom com People We Meet on Vacation, which is based on the Emily Henry novel I did read that I did like it. It is very corny and predictable, but Rotten Tomatoes is getting it, giving it an eighty eight.
Speaker 3: Percent fresh rating.
Speaker 6: And then Netflix is going to adapt to more of Emily Henry's books, Funny Story and Happy Place, which Jennifer Lopez is apparently going to be producing, and then other studios have bought the rights to her other books, which is Beach Read and Book Lovers, which I've read both of those ones. I haven't read the other ones that Netflix is getting, and I don't know. Emily Henry's books are corny, but I like him. Yeah, They're They're good, They're palatable.
Speaker 5: David Bowie's childhood Home is going to be restored and open to the public in twenty twenty seven. So he grew up in Southeast London and obviously, like David Bowie, was a really big deal. He is past now My sister has a David Bowie tattoo. She loves him so much, and now you can go to his house. And I think that's a good idea in general with any like big artists that you know had a big impact, Like why not turn their childhood home into a little museum.
Speaker 1: I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: I want to go see Graceland, which was not Elvis's childhood home. But I'm watching there's a new movie like produced by Priscilla Presley and it's on Netflix and it was like the number two movie on Netflix last night. So we started watching it and I think they filmed it at Graceland, because you know, Priscilla has access, I'm sure. And it's just really interesting. And she was fourteen years old when she first started dating Elvis Presley and he was twenty twenty two ish something like that. And from the perspective of the film, he was very respectful and they'd start making out and be like, no, no, Scilla, well can't do that.
Speaker 1: Well, it can't go too far. We've got to keep this under control.
Speaker 3: Was it the Fall and Rise of Elvis Presley that you watched?
Speaker 1: It might have been.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he's also there's going to be a new Boz Luhreman who made the Elvis movie with Austin Butler. Yes, found like as he was making that movie, found all of this like behind the scenes footage of when Elvis like went back to touring and did like his stuff at in Vegas. And so there's going to be a new Elvis like in concert movie and it's called Epic Elvis Presley in Concert that comes out in February, and it's going to be an imax. Me and my mom, that's all we talk about, truly, all we talk about.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: We're just like, have you seen look at this trailer?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 7: I love the Elvis super cool. Yeah, I'm all excited for all the Bruno Mars we've been getting. We're gonna do the world premiere of his new song that comes out or we're gonna do it at nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: So I won't give you a little clip.
Speaker 7: I will tell you though, that there's talks about him performing at the Grammys, which is February eighth, And somebody already posted on the music video for his new song this morning. They said, uh, Bruno Mars has been releasing the same song for the past ten years. Bruno clapped back, and he said, and you've never been ish all your life?
Speaker 1: Whoa real quick clap back. I don't think it's necessary from either end, but people are I get it fun.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like when somebody says, oh, you're a has been and it's like, well, you're a never was. Oh It's like okay, And I think there's some truth to that.
Speaker 1: All right? Why not?
Speaker 2: Fortnite and South Park Born in Chaos drops today Here is a part of the trailer they released, and is also the return of the Stick of Truth.
Speaker 1: So let's check out the trailer and see what we.
Speaker 2: Got and getting buggy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 10: Hey, Dally Sally, they.
Speaker 1: You didn't get anything. Oh my god, that was so epic. I can't believe how.
Speaker 3: Much we low key pold you guys.
Speaker 1: We're low key unbeatable. And then I was all low key totly taking countdown. I think Kitty Loki took that out.
Speaker 2: All right, I've heard enough. It's not that I don't like it. I just I just I played enough.
Speaker 6: If you're looking for a new hobby in twenty twenty six, these are hobbies that seem to attract the kindest people. Dave has one of them. Bird watching is on the lad There's also pottery and ceramic arts.
Speaker 2: I want a potter's wheel. That's one of my next missions is get a potter's wheel.
Speaker 1: You should get well.
Speaker 2: See, then I can sell pottery like Fallon sells or art and like make little things on the wheel.
Speaker 3: Dave, what is that? Oh it's a bowl? Really wild flat?
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 5: I just think of you like a ghost with the You're doing your pottery wheel, and then it's oh, have you.
Speaker 1: Seen ghost ghosts? I've seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're doing the pottery. Your ghost partner is there behind you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think what you should do is make a bunch of phallic items or just like pretend like you're going to make something fallic and then turn it into something crazy cool and people are like, that's not.
Speaker 1: What I thought that was going to be.
Speaker 3: That's what I see on TikTok all the time.
Speaker 6: All right, Moving on more hobbies that attract kind of people. Bee keeping is another one, Hiking, woodworking, board gaming, which I don't know. Where do people gather to play board games?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sure they do, Bailey does on her d and d idea.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, Okay, that's right. That's the tabletop game. Is different, but it's gay.
Speaker 6: Another one is gardening, maybe volunteer your community guard didn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's fun, dude. That is Bonzai the little trees.
Speaker 2: Think of like Karate Kid, where mister Miagi has got the little Bonzei tree and he's teaching Daniels on how to clip the Bonzeie tree.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, because I was like, I know it's a tree, I don't know how that's a hobby.
Speaker 3: And another one is reading. So if you're looking for hobbies this year, here you.
Speaker 1: Go, Dave.
Speaker 5: You were going to tell us about the third most popular sport in America.
Speaker 2: I just don't want you to forget thank you. Yes it is soccer. Yes, I would have totally forgotten about that one. It is surpassed basketball as the third most popular sport in America. I respect soccer. I totally respect people who play soccer for their high school or college team or whatever. But I'm so conditioned on American football and the speed and how you know in soccer. To me, I just don't understand it to the point, and I know I'm wrong because you know, like the Brazilians and the Italians.
Speaker 1: They're crazy about their soccer. They're crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, regular guy has a season past all of the soccer like the Loons games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people who like soccer really.
Speaker 2: I totally respect that, But I just I want a game where it's like, you know, constant scoring in actions.
Speaker 5: See, that's funny that you say that about football, because I feel like football is like you fight a guy in the middle and you go back and forth a little bit, and then it's a timeout, yep, and then you're just sitting and waiting for the next one.
Speaker 2: Here's why football is such a perfect sport because sometimes it's like that, but out of nowhere there can be a ninety three yard touchdown run, or a last minute touchdown pass, or a last minute interception. The thing about football, I was talking about this with my son in law justin the other day. I said, it's the perfect sport because any play can turn into the play of the game in an instant and it's just so exciting.
Speaker 1: And that's why America loves football.
Speaker 5: You know what sport goes on and on and never dies air hockey. So I think that one is back and forth back click click click click.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Yeah, that's a good point, Bailey, thank you for that. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The AMS are going to get ready to launch a new award this year called the Legacy Award, which honors TV shows with a last thing in distry impact Now. To be eligible for the Legacy Award, the shows have to have been on for five seasons, at least sixty episodes, and demonstrates and sustained relevance or influence.
Speaker 1: Let's go around the room real quick.
Speaker 7: I personally think and I put money on Friends will be one of the first recipients.
Speaker 1: Describe the category again, it's the Legacy Awards.
Speaker 7: So you know, just one of those shows that has a lasting impact six episode, five seasons and demonstrates sustained relevance or influence.
Speaker 1: How far back do we go? That's what this legacy? So I just I would imagine all the way back.
Speaker 6: I would say Cheers, probably Three's Company.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know, it was it was great as it can't be very funny classic. I would say, I'd go Friends, and I would say Seinfeld too.
Speaker 3: I love Seinfeld.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Office, the Office, Yeah, there's the one that's my favorite.
Speaker 3: What about Gossip Girl? No? Oh, okay, never it's a legacy in my eyes.
Speaker 2: All right, that is the dirt on k D double u be. Is it your theory, Jenny, not my theory.
Speaker 3: Oh I saw it on social media, but I do you agree with it?
Speaker 2: It's a theory about before you marry someone, this must happen.
Speaker 1: What do you think it is?
Speaker 2: And I kind of agree with this one because I think it's important. What is it that you before you marry somebody, this must happen. And we'll also play the brand new Bruno Mars coming up first in just a few minutes on Katie WB