Speaker 1: Like the phones on Home Run Perfect Ready to go.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Playoffs, Dodger Fans.
Speaker 3: Is playoff time when your favorite show.
Speaker 1: Love thirteen wins is all it takes on.
Speaker 4: Half and escape for you.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a playoff edition of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Get in on the action at eight six.
Speaker 6: Six eats Breeze, sleeps Baseball, Dodgers Playoff Baseball at Least brought to you both LA County Public Works Recycling beverage containers is a triple play man My Children's Hospital LA.
Speaker 2: Creating hope and building healthier futures for over one hundred twenty four years.
Speaker 6: Now we go to your award winning broadcasters of the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Here's your host of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: It's only been fourteen years. Every day, David Vasse. We are live at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: After the Phillies keep their season along with an eight to two win over the Dodgers in Game three of the NLDS. We have a full board of calls, as you can imagine, so keep trying.
Speaker 4: We'll try to get to you.
Speaker 2: Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. We're with you until eleven o'clock tonight. Jose Mota will check in at around ten to forty tonight. We'll head downstairs to get postgame reaction from Dodger players from Phillies players, but certainly tonight, a couple of streaks ended for the Dodgers. Number one, their nine game winning streak was snapped tonight with an eight to two loss. They had won nine in a row going back to the regular season on September twenty fourth in Arizona. Also, another streak that was snapped was scoring at least four runs in thirteen straight postseason games. That dates back to last year's n OL and the Dodgers were eleven and two in those thirteen games where they scored at least four runs. Thirteen straight postseason games where the Dodgers scored four runs or more. That obviously did not happen tonight as the Dodgers fall to the Phillies eight to two. Now, as you know, we were talking about this last night on Dodger Talk and when I was on with Rogan and Rodney Petro some money the last couple of days, I relay to you that the Philadelphia media and seemingly the national media was questioning why why would the Dodgers, Why would the Phillies start Aaron Nola and then go to Ranger Suarez because Nola has not had a great year. The Dodgers have had some trouble against the Phillies lefties. Why would you start the right hander and possibly put yourself in an early inning hole. Well, the Dodgers had their opportunity to do that. It was in the very first inning. Shoe Hey Otani not a great at bat to start the bottom of the first inning.
Speaker 4: He flies out.
Speaker 2: Mookie Betts hits a triple because Brandon Marsh gamboled and lost on a diving attempt, So you had Mooki at third base with one out. Taoscar Hernandez, who has three home runs and nine RBIs in this postseason, did not need to hit a home run right there. What the Dodgers needed from Taoscar Hernandez was his willingness to make contact to get the run home and give Yamamoto an early one nothing lead. Hernandez proceeded to strike out, and then Freddy Freeman was hit by a pitch. Will Smith extended and at bat against Nola, but Nola made a really good pitch to strike him out looking a curveball on the inside part of the plate. To me, that was concerning because Nola was not going to be in this game past the third inning. He did not give up a run, and they took him out after the third inning. The Dodgers needed to score two or three runs against Nola before they went to their plan and Ranger Suarez to start the fourth inning. When they did, it was or the third inning when they did, it was Tommy edmund who was able to hit a leadoff home run off of Ranger Suarez. After Nola pitched the first two innings of this game and did not give up a run, they were not gonna let Nola go past the third inning. They took him out after two and then Ranger Suarez proceeded to be Ranger Suarez. He's one of the more underrated pitchers in this league, and on the Philly staff, everybody was wondering, why not just start Ranger Suarez.
Speaker 4: Well, it worked out.
Speaker 2: The Phillies got away with it because the Dodger offense let Nola off the hook in the first inning. So I thought that was a turning point in this game. Another turning point in this game was when the Phillies scored three runs against Yamamoto in the fourth inning. Yamamoto was a different guy after Schwarber hit that game tying home run that went over the right field pavilion four hundred and fifty five feet. You could see Yamamoto's confidence was a little shaken right there. And you could tell back to back singles there by Harper and Boehm. The game not only got fast on Yamamoto, it got fast on Will Smith, who was catching or starting behind the plate for the first time in a month. The game got fast on both those guys. Now, I'm not going to second guests anything. I'm just going to ask a question we've all been clamoring for Will Smith. When's Will Smith gonna be healthy? When can he start a game? When can he catch? Well, it's not that easy, and we all know the Dodgers starters have been cooking. With Ben Rourtviitt starting games, he's been cooking. You know, players have texted me. You know, as hitters, you always hear about hitters saying they're seeing the ball. Well, well that applies to catchers as well. Ben Rortbitt and this starting staff was rolling. They were cooking. They had not lost a game since September fourth in Pittsburgh, right around the time Will Smith got hurt. I don't even know if that was the Will Smith game that's now lost, but think about that. Ever since Ben Rohtfitt took over as the starting catcher, the Dodgers starters were thirteen to oh coming into the game tonight, had not lost a game. I'm just asking, was there a rush to get Will Smith back in this starting lineup and maybe continue with the plan that was working Ben roart Fitz's starting And if you're behind in a game or tied and you feel like that spot is a spot where Will Smith can pinch hit and stay in the game, go for it. And I'm curious tomorrow, I know there's a left hander on the mount in Christopher Sanchez.
Speaker 4: Will the Dodgers reevaluate all that?
Speaker 2: Will they go back to Rotfit who has been seeing it and been cooking really well? Something to consider, Just a question, just a question. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number Mookie Betts out of the Dodgers Big three of Freeman, Otani and.
Speaker 4: Betts only got to have a hit tonight.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman over ot Otani is not having a great series. Freeman is not having a Freeman like series. I think he had the biggest at bat to help the Dodgers win Game one at two out walk, so he's doing that, but he hasn't driven in a run. Freeman only has one extra base hit, and Otani is one for thirteen in this series with seven strikeouts and no home runs. He's not seen the ball. Well, you heard Dave Roberts say that his swing decisions are not very good right now. Well, there was a lot of talk about Schwarber, Harper, and Trey Turner coming into the game tonight, and they responded, Schwarber especially two home runs tonight, three RBIs. The Phillies top three hitters seven for thirteen tonight with two home runs by Schwarber, five RBIs and four runs scored. The Phillies hitters responded, when are the Dodgers hitters going to respond? The Dodgers need Otani and Freeman and Will Smith now that he's in there to respond. And Andy Pajz has not had a good first three games of this NLDS poor defense and really not doing much of anything offensively. One for ten in this NLDS. I said this last night, and I would say this again. I did not believe the Dodgers played a clean defensive game in Game two, and they certainly did not play a clean defensive game in Game three. They've got to clean it up if they want to win this series and certainly prevent themselves from having to go back to Philadelphia. And I'll say this right now, I'm not packing for Philadelphia. I'm not going anywhere. The Dodgers are staying right here to celebrate tomorrow night. I'm not panicking. You shouldn't either. I mean, why is everybody panicking? The Dodgers had not lost a postseason game till tonight. Did you really believe they were going to run the table and not lose a playoff game? Did you really believe the Phillies were going to lay down or in the next round the Brewers are Cubs were gonna get swept. I mean, come on, this is not the NBA, That's not what happens. So you have to find some adversity like the Phillies did. And now how are the Dodgers going to respond? The Phillies responded, everybody thought they were going to lose tonight, including myself. Now, how are the Dodgers going to respond tomorrow? I'm a if you've been listening to the show, I feel like I've believed in this team more than you have, and I kind of believe they're going to bounce back tomorrow night, and they need Tyler Glass now to set the tone early. He's going to make the start tomorrow first pitch at three to oh eight, and tickets are very much available at Dodgers dot com slash postseason.
Speaker 4: Before we go.
Speaker 2: Back out to the phones, let's head downstairs to hear from Mookie beats to had two hits tonight, including a first inning triple.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Mookie, I asked you yesterday about how frustrating it must be for Schwarber and Artist struggling the way they were. What does this do you kind of worry how that they're awake?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't have to pitch to them, so I don't have to worry about that. I just have to take care of what I can take care of. That's my effort and my attitude towards tomorrow's game. You hit that triple from the first thing, do you feel like you guysss A good chance to kind of score some runs there and you.
Speaker 8: Miss up the teller. Yeah, for sure, definitely was a missed opportunity.
Speaker 3: But you know, as part of it all made some pitches to get himself out of it, and he did a good job.
Speaker 8: And they have to picture staff at a really good job tonight.
Speaker 9: Well you just saw range of stars here a couple of weeks into Was he so successful?
Speaker 3: Say, he's pretty much always successful.
Speaker 8: I mean he's a one of the premiere pitchers in the league.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think if Rangers Morez can take the ball for any team, I'm pretty sure they would be happy and feel like they have confidence to win that game. So I don't think we had much success then and kind of the same.
Speaker 8: So he's a really good picture the rookie Bane.
Speaker 10: But you know, a mental part of this game, you guys are still up two.
Speaker 8: Games to one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's yeah, the consensus of this interview feels like we're eliminated. So I think we have to understand that we're still up to one. Obviously, there's a lot of pressure on us to play the game, but you know that's a perfect pressure is a privilege, and.
Speaker 2: It all right there's Mookie Betts, and I couldn't agree more with him. Everybody's acting like the Dodgers are down two games to one.
Speaker 4: They're up to games to one.
Speaker 2: Not ideal to lose a home playoff game, but the Dodgers were playing with house money tonight, winning the first two games in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I do not want to see the Dodgers go back to Philly, and I don't believe they will. I believe they're closing this out tomorrow night. Similar to the Yankees. Right everybody on the East Coast was celebrating Aaron Judges game, tying a home run to keep them alive. Nobody will remember that home run. The Yankees were eliminated. Nobody cares. And all these people on social media that are going gaga over Kyle Schwarber's four hundred and fifty five foot home run tonight, who cares. It won't mean anything after the ninth inning tomorrow night. Trust me, it's not gonna mean anything. It meant something tonight, but it's not going to mean anything tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Trust me.
Speaker 2: Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number got to start out in the eight one eight Chris in Northridge. You're on Dodger T Talk Live from Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Hi, Chris, Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 11: I just wanted to say, well, a lot. But first off, there are a lot of good things to take from this game. First and foremost Bonda coming in and saving that in and taking on inheriting, inheriting those runners and closing that out. My thing would have been I Walt Kershaw on the sixth, not you know who we had bringing in, because Jack Dryer could have done that in the seventh and we could have figured that out in the eighth and ninth. We're not really figuring things out on our offensive side or our defensive side tonight. But everyone needs to relax because we all everyone was talking today like everyone we were going to roll over the Phillies. The Phillies were a great.
Speaker 12: Team all season long.
Speaker 11: You know, you can't forget that they have some of the best players on their team and they weren't gonna take it laying down. So now we got to win it. But now we gotta think we can't go back to Phillies. So tomorrow, let's close this thing out and be done with it. And that's all I want to hear about that, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Chris, thank you for the phone call. Yes, Anthony Bonda was terrific. In the fifth inning. He was able to get out of a jam that he was brought into. He struck out Kyle Schwarber, he got Harper to pop up into shallow right field, and he struck out Brandon Marsh. And that at bat started with Marsh arguing whether or not there was a pitch clock violation. There was, and he struck out on three pitches. So sit down, Brandon Marsh. Bad game for you. Luckily, the misplaned center field in the first inning did not come back to haunt the Phillies. But the Phillies are hurting right now in the outfield without Harrison Bader, who tried to give it a go in pregame warmups, but obviously that groin is still affecting him. The Phillies made a couple of nice catches, nice plays in this game. There was a line drive to left field that Tommy Edmond would have a base hit in the fifth inning leading off that inning. Instead, the very tall I think he's six' six and probably has a reach of seven to. One Alec bohm at third base jumped and caught. It he was robbed right, there so no leadoff hitter on, board and Then Max kepler rob Mookie betts would have been a single in the third. Inning so The phillies played good defense tonight outside Of marsh's poor judgment in center, field and The dodgers did not play good, defense especially in that fourth inning When Alec boum singled the Center poez trying to throw A harper out at third, base not sure where Mookie betts was. Going he was drifting, again those are the nuances of the, position but bad throw By paz and Yam. Mamoto i'm not sure if he was going to. Home played to back up the throw to, home but the throw wasn't going. Home it was going to third and he wasn't there backing up the. Throw the ball went into the dugout and not only Did harper, score But bom was able to score on a sacrifice fly right after. That so the wheels started to come off right. There the game got really, fast and to, me that's where the game was lost in the first five. Innings eight, six six two five seventy is the phone Number Philly Stay alive with an eight to two win In game. Three let's go out To sambino who was At Dodgers stadium. Tonight, Hi, Sambino, Hey, Hey dave lost my voice yelling At yamamoto after.
Speaker 13: The part of the game that you're. Experienced AND i, HONESTLY i was going to touch on a lot of those same, things BUT i felt, like, yeah that bomb That schwarper, HIT i feel like it really rattled, him AND i feel like he u you, know, yeah giving up those.
Speaker 4: Things Will smith needed to go out to the mound after.
Speaker 2: That Will smith needed to go out to the mound after that home run and settle him down and let him know that he's still really. GOOD i, mean the mound visit was way too. Late you got to go out there right after that home.
Speaker 13: Run, Yeah AND i thought your point that you made about uh, yeah about maybe not Starting will in this moment or maybe bringing him in. LATER i thought that's a really sound point about The dodgers staff being thirteen to zero and the catcher having that.
Speaker 9: Kind of a.
Speaker 13: Feel you, know it's an interesting. Spot at the point is we need to clean up the defense because if we do advance past this, series WHICH i think We. Will we are not going to have the long leash against The. Brewers we got to be real, tight ready to, Go, dave thanks for the, call have a great.
Speaker 4: One, yeah no, Problem.
Speaker 2: SAMBINO i know a lot of Former dodger catchers and they were telling me Ben rytfitt was. Cooking leave him in, there let him, catch let him, start and, uh when you know you're it's just a it's just a question when when you're, down bring In Will. Smith when you feel like it's time to go to the, bullpen bring In Will. Smith Because rodvitt has struggled with the. Bullpen, uh he's done outstanding with the. Starters they're obviously calling their own, pitches but he's still seeing the ball really.
Speaker 4: Well he's seen the game really.
Speaker 2: Well and, uh you, know why go away from something that's working so. Well eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number and, look everybody was clamoring For Will. Smith everybody Wanted Will smith. Back he's a great, hitter but he hasn't caught in a. Month there's something to be said about. That let's go out To, corey who is At Dodgers stadium. Tonight, Hi, corey you're On Dodger.
Speaker 13: Talk, Hey.
Speaker 14: David, uh, yeah you, Know knights like tonight just make me think about just how poorly The dodgers have been doing the little.
Speaker 13: Things you.
Speaker 14: KNOW i know they've got the world championships that they've, had and but you know, Tonight knights like tonight are just painful when you, watch you, know or our top hitters that we pay all this money for just to go up there and just, weak hopeless at. BATS i, mean you, know you've Got otani just swinging out of his shoes like he always, does and, uh you, know it just makes me makes me miss the old days A seeker And paterson and you, know the. Gang but another thing, is you, Know i'm tired of Watching Max munty kick balls at third, base especially when you watch the guy we traded The chicago And Michael Bush uh hit thirty seven home runs in the regular season and hit the crap out of the.
Speaker 12: Ball for The.
Speaker 14: Cubs you, know i know they're, losing but but he's.
Speaker 12: Not playing third.
Speaker 4: Base he's playing first.
Speaker 14: Base, YEAH i, know he's not playing third, base But i'm sure he could play it a whole lot better Than Max munty.
Speaker 4: Does, really if you, know he'd be playing third.
Speaker 2: Base if he, could he'd be playing third. Base he wasn't a third, baseman and The dodgers have a pretty good first, Baseman. COREY i love all the players that you brought, up but The dodger players are doing pretty good right. Now and uh, yeah not gonna go. There eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number in case you missed off Night Dodger. Talk Clayton kershaw called in to talk about his new role and how he may get ready. Tonight he finally made his first appearance in the n L ds obviously did not go the way he or The dodgers would have. Liked it's head downstairs again to hear From Clayton kershaw On sports at L. A.
Speaker 10: Oh it's just a tough, yeah tough couple of.
Speaker 15: There kind of got bailed out there in the seventh good play By tao and then.
Speaker 10: YEAH i just didn't make enough good. PITCHES i was battling.
Speaker 15: Command you, Know it's it's hard when you're trying to throw strikes as opposed to get people.
Speaker 10: Out so that was, YEAH i just wasn't, fine you feel going out for the eighth. THING i feelt, Fine, yeah that was.
Speaker 2: Fine did you feel like you, like maybe they're gonna come back hitch you in the eighth when you would obviously you didn't really have your betched.
Speaker 15: Up you don't really think about. That you just try and make the next. Pitch you, know that's not really it's not really for us to, do you. Know we just try and get people. Out and, YEAH i just, YEAH i.
Speaker 10: WASN'T i wasn't throwing strikes and it's hard to pitch behind the.
Speaker 4: Count Chur this is not just for, you but tom of.
Speaker 16: There might have just startling the first TWO a was you worry, about you, know been.
Speaker 6: Having success, tonight maybe getting some one in them or going into the?
Speaker 17: Borough Uh, no not.
Speaker 15: REALLY i MEAN i think it's your momentum is only as good as your next day, started, Right so we Got glasgow when we feel good.
Speaker 10: About it and would be ready to go. Tomorrow still got two one, lead So i'm more to good. Spot so it's.
Speaker 8: Almost like you should have m needs you when you get into a position like.
Speaker 15: This uh, YEAH i mean it's a great thing about baseballers in your game every, day you.
Speaker 10: Know so it came four tomorrow be ready to.
Speaker 8: Go what is your level of disappointment after?
Speaker 10: THAT'S i don't, know that's kind of a not a great, question.
Speaker 12: You, Know, Okay and why do you think your command was off the?
Speaker 15: TIME i don't. KNOW i just, uh you, know did EVERYTHING i could in. Between you, know it's been a it's been a, while but you, know through flat through on the ground as best they. Could just uh death for just wasn't there.
Speaker 8: Tonight anything was good coming out of the?
Speaker 10: Pen did you feel?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah?
Speaker 8: Okay was it really one of the great mysteries about this great? Game you just don't, know do you?
Speaker 17: Game?
Speaker 2: Okay Clayton kershaw after disappointing outing out of the, bullpen obviously you know something he said right, there because he always talks about just trying to compete and get the hit her out and execute the very next pitch that you're going to. Throw and he, said maybe he got caught up in trying to throw strikes instead of trying to get the hit her. Out maybe, that you, know the mindset coming out of the bullpen kind of messed with him for the first, time but just just not ideal for. Him and obviously The dodgers and you, KNOW i. WAS i was surprised that he was out there for as long as he was in the eighth.
Speaker 4: Inning let's go out To Big. Bear. Isaac you're On Dodger.
Speaker 2: Talk BUT i will say, this people that are asking whether or not he should have come out for the eighth, inning.
Speaker 4: Of course he should. Have that's his. Role he's not just a one inning. Reliever he's a low.
Speaker 2: Reliever he's even said, That so no qualms about him coming back out for the eighth. Inning that's his. Role isaac And Big. Bear you're On Dodger Talk live from the. Stadium how you doing doing the?
Speaker 17: Day thanks for taking my. Call you know, What i've Watched kershaw threw his ups and downs in the, playoffs AND i, honestly the first inning he came, OUT i thought he didn't have. It yeah he got, us he got us through. It but it made me feel like Madding lee was managing this game by putting him back out, there, like.
Speaker 2: Well Don, Maddingley Don mattingley wasn't managing the game.
Speaker 10: Tonight, isaac, EXACTLY i know.
Speaker 17: That but you, know if you were watching the, day you Saw kershaw didn't have.
Speaker 2: It, yeah, YEAH i mean it didn't hard thing to keep in mind About, kershaw and thank you for the phone. CALL i Think kershaw would say that's a bad question. Too but, uh as far As kershaw this, season the first innings have been a challenge for. Him is he alra is highering the first inning than it is and any other inning that he pitched this. Season so he got through that first inning of relief in the seventh, inning and you're, expecting, okay he got out, there got the rust, out go back out for the eighth. Inning but it was obvious that he wasn't able to throw strikes and his slider wasn't on point. Tonight SO i agree with you on that end of, it BUT i have no issues with sending him back out there for the eighth. Inning eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number dodgers fall to The phillies, tonight eight to, two and they still do have a.
Speaker 4: Two games to one lead in THE.
Speaker 2: Nlds there are many of you obviously didn't believe there was going to be a game, Four so there are tickets. Available it's a three to zero eight start time. Tomorrow dodgers Dot com slash postseason let's go out To ken In Newport.
Speaker 4: Beach.
Speaker 2: Ken how about, This you're always so? Positive do you BELIEVE i should pack For? Philadelphia? Uh, now, look there we Go ken.
Speaker 12: In front of the lineup For philadelphia was. Horrible they were due to come out and, hit and they. Did and they're a good, team and you, Know dodgers just has to play. Better The dodgers played a terrible game, defensively letting two people steal, bases nobody getting. Hits they never should have had the Ti oscar batting third when they had a right handed pitcher, up knowing that he.
Speaker 4: Was going to come in after two, innings.
Speaker 12: Right but you, know there was a lot of little things. THERE i agree with you on the, catching a good defensive catcher sometimes is more. Important but there is one thing that really bothered me in that's Respect kirshaw was getting killed in that last, inning. Crushed they would have taken everybody out other Than. Kershaw kershaw is a great. Pitcher he's a guy with a tremendous. Personnel he always helps people. Out NOW i felt. BAD i felt Like dave was disrespecting, him letting him get crushed for six hits in five. Runs why didn't he just pull him. Out it's almost like he was punishing him in some. Way, well he.
Speaker 2: Wasn't and last year we saw similar games like this where The dodgers saw the game slipping away and they held back some of their relievers and they had to use a lot of them. Tonight BUT i know he hasn't been, effective but The dodgers didn't Have Tanner scott or he probably would have come. In he wasn't at the ballpark, today he wasn't on the line to be, introduced and after the, Game Dave roberts said he wasn't even here because of personal. Reasons we don't know what those. Are but they were down a man in that bullpen when you don't really want to go to emit. Sheen when you're, losing you don't have Glass now pitching out of the. Bullpen so he was the guy that was AND i have to get those six.
Speaker 12: OUTS i think that it was overdone and.
Speaker 2: In the eighth inning to bring him to get him out of, that they're gonna need trying to get some confidence. Too he came in in the ninth. INNING i don't Think dave was disrespecting. HIM i Think that's just what he had to go to at that, point and he Needed kershaw to find a way to get through that eighth, inning which he did and unfortunately gave. Up you, Know Max munsey made an error or he might have got out of that with a little bit less of runs being scored in that. Inning but, YEAH i don't Think dave was trying to disrespect. Him that's just what he needed in a playoff. Game all that stuff is out the. Window, respect, disrespect ceremonial, things it's all out the. Window it's about trying to win a series and that's what they needed From, kershaw AND i don't think he would shy away from that. Again so you, know we saw that last year during THE, lcs where, one why are they punting this? Game, well it's because they wanted to live to fight another day and be able to win four games in THE lcs last year and not just try to empty the bullpen to win one game and lose the. Series similar situation tonight eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone? Number NOW i just Mentioned Tanner scott was not at the ballpark tonight for personal, reasons AND i can't even remember seeing him In. Philadelphia quite, honestly the last game, THERE i don't remember seeing. HIM i BELIEVE i did see him the first. GAME i can't remember IF i saw him before the second game In, philadelphia AND i certainly didn't see him at the workout. Yesterday and then it was suspicious when he was.
Speaker 4: Not on the line to be.
Speaker 2: Introduced, now maybe he didn't want, to you, Know i'm not gonna say, it but, ANYWAY i just thought maybe he didn't want to be, introduced but there was a reason why he was not here for personal, reasons which begs the. Question, now do The dodgers Take Tanner scott off the roster and replace him with a guy Like Justin robleski Or Ben. Casparius if they do, that Then Tanner scott would not be available for The National League Championship. Series, so and quite, honestly from what we've seen so, far the Way Dave roberts has deployed, relievers are they really counting On Tanner. Scott i'm not sure they. Are so would they consider removing him from the roster to handle whatever personal business he's got going on and have a full strength. Bullpen we'll see tomorrow eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number The phillies keep their season alive with an eight to two win over The dodgers In game. Three THE nlds Tomorrow game four right here At Dodgers stadium at threeh eight tickets. Available let's fill Up Dodger. Stadium let's make it as loud as it was. Tonight let's go out To sassan who was At Dodger stadium.
Speaker 4: Tonight, Hi, Sasan you're On Dodger.
Speaker 14: Talk, Hey, dave.
Speaker 13: Thank you for taking my.
Speaker 18: CALL i just wanted to bring a little bit of positivity and share a little bit about a. STADIUM i thought it was really funny. TODAY i don't know if you saw that when The yankees got, eliminated they show that on the, JumboTron the scoreboard and the whole stadium broke out into A yankee chat chants THAT i miss.
Speaker 1: That it.
Speaker 18: Was it was really, funny And i'll send it to you On, twitter like what they showed up on the, JumboTron but it. Was it was pretty a funny, moment especially the a game like. Today but, YEAH i just wanted to take away some of the. POSITIVES i think some people mention, it but, Yeah banda today looked really great on his, performance you, know striking Out schwarber who had previously hit a home run off of, him and getting out of that high leverage. SITUATION i think that's really great for his. Confidence and we're definitely going to need, him especially if we advanced to THE nlcs or The World, series because it's just like he did last. Year he gave us really good. Innings we're going to need him to do that again this. Year AND i was really happy with How Tommy edmund swung the, bat you, know him hitting that home run was really great and got us on the board early in this. Game and you, know hopefully he can continue that momentum and gave us that through the remainder of the. Postseason, anyway thank you so, Much, dave AND i appreciate you taking my.
Speaker 2: Call all, right no problems to. Son, Yeah Tommy edmund's An october. Player he was THE NLCS mvp last. Year he said two home runs in this, series and he drove in the Two dodger runs, tonight hitting ninth and playing second. Base i'm happy that he stayed in the game because there was a little bit of a scare When Alec bohm made a wide throw To Bryce harper at first. Base harper needed to put the tag On. Edmund there was a little bit of a collision. There and it Wasn't edmund that, got you, know tagged in the chest THAT i was concerned.
Speaker 4: About it was more about the way he kind of.
Speaker 2: Had to stop, suddenly and we all know he's still nursing that right, ankle and it seemed like he was limping back to the dugout and when he was going down the, steps he was going down very.
Speaker 4: Cautiously but luckily he stayed in the.
Speaker 2: Game so hopefully tomorrow the right ankle is not too sore and he's back in there Against Christopher, sanchez Because edmund's a much better right handed hitter than he is a left handed. Hitter by the, way just so you understand everything, tonight that The dodgers sweeping The phillies was going to be very. Challenging The phillies haven't been swept in a postseason series in eighteen. Years the last time they were swept in a postseason, Series Chase uttley And Jimmy rawlins were playing for them in two thousand and, seven they got swept in THE nlds by the Eventual National league, Champions Colorado.
Speaker 4: Rocky how about? That, yeah Those rockies they were good once upon a.
Speaker 2: Time, hey great to see my GUY Us open CHAMPION Jj. Spawn he was out here before the. Game he was the first time he's been available to come to A dodger. Game so it was great to SEE Jj spawn At Dodger. Stadium and the reason WHY i LIKE jj spawn is because he's From, sandmis but more, importantly he listens to this show to keep up with The. Dodgers so great to see and MEET Jj spawn for the first.
Speaker 4: Time uh, ever and he wanted to meet. Me just see it On.
Speaker 2: Instagram he broke away From petro some money to, uh you, know you, know just, guys and he wanted to say.
Speaker 4: Hello so there you, GO Jj spawn At Dodger.
Speaker 2: Stadium too bad The dodgers couldn't close it out With spawn here At Dodger, stadium but very confident they'll be able to do it. Tomorrow eight, six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number when we continue your phone, calls and we'll check in With Jose. Mota plus we'll hear From Kyle. Schwarber he became just the second Player tonight to ever hit a home run over the right field. Pavilion we'll tell you who the first one to do it was when we continue live From Dodgers stadium after The phillies beat The dodgers and keep their season alive eight to two In game three of THE nlds ON am five to SEVENTY La sports.
Speaker 13: On air AT am.
Speaker 5: Five, seventy online AT am five SEVENTY la sports dot, com and available by podcast on The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 8: App this Is.
Speaker 4: Dodger talk With David. Massey were his kitchen?
Speaker 5: Fires edmund jumps on, it pick well the left. Field his ball's back and this ball is.
Speaker 1: Done Tommy edmund M bush's rangers FOR, us and The dodgers have the. First In game, Three Tommy tanks tame to.
Speaker 2: Play Tommy edmund get in That october REPUTATION, nlcsmvp a big part of The dodgers winning it last, year comes up big. Again tonight drives in Both dodger. Runs that was a leadoff home run in the third inning off Of Ranger. Suarez, unfortunately The dodger offense Stop tonight by The, phillies pitching eight to two the final score At Dodgers. Stadium as The phillies keep their season alive with this. Win, tonight In game three of THE, Nlds Daniels jewelers presents the home run. Forecast go TO am five to SEVENTY la sports Dot com use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty Dollars Daniel jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next. Game Daniels jewelers owned The. DREAM i mentioned That Kyle schwarber hit two home runs. Tonight the first one he it was hit a long, way only the second player to ever hit a home run over the right field pavilion At Dodgers. Stadium the other was really Stargel he did it twice in nineteen sixty nine in nineteen seventy. Three So Kyle schwarber hitting a home run that cleared the right field. Pavilion you don't see that very, often but he's that type of. Guy he HAS i guess three out of the five longest postseason home run since they've been keeping track of that in the stag cast, era but still only counts as, one and LIKE i, said, yes everybody's gonna go gaga over that home run. Tonight but if The, dodgers AS i, believe win this series, tomorrow it'll just be a. Footnote eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone. Number we'll get back to your calls in a, moment but first.
Speaker 5: It's time to go around the horn with Jose.
Speaker 2: Mota all, Right Jose, mota The, dodgers we don't have a commanding two games to one. Lead what do they have to do differently tomorrow night to be able to close it?
Speaker 19: Out, oh just go out there and think that The phillies at one point we're just going to show up. AGAIN i, mean The phillies are a good, team and The dodgers have to forget about who they're playing and just play their. Game not The christmas of games, today BUT i think just the adversity today could present something that's the challenge for The dodgers tomorrow to, Say, okay we knew exactly at one point this team is going to show up and the top of the order was going to be quiet for an entire. Series it's not good to get back to, work and you, KNOW i, mean those are the things we get out of. Today there's some things THAT i think need to be. Adjusted what's happened To Andy pius taken out of a. Game things like that that perhaps you got to pay attention. To and those things show up more when you lose and when you. Win but obviously tonight The phillies came to. Play you got to go out there and tip your. Head they really had a fine job of planning with offensive. Side there was not a swing and miss pitch today From Yaba. Malta they took that. Away they didn't chase at. ALL i mean asked played In kershaw about that and overall the plan That but it was against For Rob thompson worked quite nicely With nola going out there and doing a job and Then.
Speaker 12: Suarez doing what he.
Speaker 2: Does is In october right game, One Alex call got the start in the outfield because he has fared well Against Christopher. Sanchez in, Fact Rob thompson Said call had the best at bats Against sanchez in game. One do you Believe andy pa has starts tomorrow or is It Alex call And Keiy hernandez or some sort of combination of those two in the outfield And, paz who has had a bad series offensively and, Defensively jose sits.
Speaker 19: DOWN i see that. Happening we saw that happening towards the end of the season In baltimore with Both piles And towska was sat. Down it was not rested. You piters was sit down because he needed to watch a game from another. Angle and the back quality is very, poor pitch selection is very. Poor he's got A dodger's knee and they need him right now to be, good and he just is not showing up right now in the way that you, know his approach has been at the home plate is not something to give you any help because there's not a lot of hard contact and a lot of soft. Contact But Alex call has to. PLAY i, mean if you've got to play percentages and history and working somebody with, Account Alex call is.
Speaker 10: Going to give you.
Speaker 19: That and perhaps because of his history Against, sanchez he is a guy that's going to give you a chance to win ball. Games kik obviously has to play, too AND i would not be surprised to See Ben roberts. Start you know, why because it's an earlier, start and you know in a way you want to give that hand Of Will smith every chance in the world to get stronger and. Better and the numbers With glass now Favor rardvett Over Will, smith and that's something THAT i just don't want to tweak a lot with because we know How glass now. Is and at this, point if It's work Or, warbritt go other and Leave malone and let him go out there and just have the same guy who seems to last few start somethime with with him catching and just know That Will smith will need a little bit more. Time BUT i would not be against Starting warbor tomorrow because obviously there's a lot of a lot of common ground and coummon sense and using the guy that the starters have been very comfortable.
Speaker 2: With, yeah LIKE i said earlier in the, show the numbers have favored Rart. Fitt and you, know other catchers have told me that they were surprised that Rort viitt wasn't in the starting lineup because he's seeing it really well and it's got a great rapport with the.
Speaker 4: Starters right, now.
Speaker 19: You got to find that you got to keep. IT i, mean you're gonna you're gonna.
Speaker 12: Go as far as your starters.
Speaker 19: Go at some point you're gonna get.
Speaker 12: Up you know you're gonna hit.
Speaker 19: Up game like today where things just did not go well first, starter and it's just Playing Many League, baseball it's Playing. October's But, dave if he had told me The dodgers are going to go Into philly and b two and one after three, GAMES i would have set, automatic especially back in mid Early, SEPTEMBER i would have taken this. Anytime so let's let's treat it the way it. Is phillies are against the. Wall they know what's at, Stake they know The dogars are going to bounce, back and they know also that today perhaps was things in which you found out how not to pitch at the top of the order because those guys are going to make you pay very. Quickly and we found.
Speaker 4: Out, yeah no Doubt Jose mota is joining.
Speaker 2: Us after The dodgers Lose game three THE nlds eight to. Two Anthony bonda really showed. Something AND i Know Dave roberts has been looking for some relievers not Named Alex vessi And Roki sasaki to raise their hand and SAY i could help you. Out feels Like Anthony, bonda who was a big part of last year and the regular season this, season was a guy tonight that may have earned more trust From Dave roberts after what we saw in the fifth.
Speaker 19: Inning, dave you're on. It he needed, This The dodgers needed to see. This AND i think the conversations That i've Been i've known about What bonda has.
Speaker 12: Been one.
Speaker 19: Thing you don't need to be so. Fine your stuff is good enough to get anybody. Out he got it By schwarber. TODAY i mean he was able to make pitches in get back into. Counts also with that. Slider when he overthrows the, slider there's problems and then there's no middle. Ground and he's told me this, before like there's no middle. GROUND i gotta go out there and just think less.
Speaker 13: To make it.
Speaker 19: Better and we were seeing. It and that was a big pick up because you mentioned you cannot run out your bulp and just because in the game like. Tonight But banda was perhaps a guy that because of what happened, tonight you're able to see a lot more about what you wanted to see from. Him throw the bulb of confidence and giving you a chance in a very tight spot in the make up break fifteending he did an outstanding job pounding the zone and trusting his stuff and not being too. Fine so that's a good pick up there, Today, jose.
Speaker 2: BEFORE i let you, go can The dodgers close this series out against The? Phillies If otani continues to, struggle he's won for fourteen in this, series and If Freddie freeman doesn't drive in a, RUN i mean they can they win this series without that.
Speaker 19: Happening, yes they can because you know through one sixty two is one, Thing but then a series like, this you also know that The dodgers have an enough in the bottom of the order to get the job. Done and it's not necessarily all based on. Power it's based on taking advantage of opportunities like early in the game today in the first, inning just put the ball in play and understand what decision it calls for and having productive. Alts but, yeah of course it will be greater Seal tony make better. Decisions he is wailing and just making poor decisions in the batter's box at, times not even very decisive with the swing the ball he hits the wanting truck, TODAY i don't think he evens slung at seventy five. Percent we've got that. Balling BUT i think deeper at bats For showy are always a. Plus hitting balls the other way are always a. Plus and For Freddie, FREEMAN i never worry about that guy because we know he's going to show. Up but With, showy you got to go out there and front a different club and bring it because we know it's going to be a tough guy to more on the mound.
Speaker 2: TWO i always get worried WHEN i See Freddy freeman take batting practice on the field because that's when he says he's searching for his, swing and he's been TAKING vp every day during this.
Speaker 4: Series that's.
Speaker 12: Fine then make sure he's getting closer.
Speaker 19: Funded that's WHY i see. It david getting close for a.
Speaker 12: Fund that's all.
Speaker 4: Good, hey maybe he's with his dad right.
Speaker 2: Now Fred freeman's helping him out right, now somewhere At El Modena High school right.
Speaker 4: Now that's where they drove to after the. Game, hey speaking of. Dads.
Speaker 2: Uh tonight The dodgers had THE NLCS mvp from seventy eight throughout the first pitch And Steve garvey and they got one of the heroes of THAT lcs throwing out the first pitch, tomorrow your, Dad Manny, moto we need some many motive magic tomorrow, Night.
Speaker 19: Big, Tabalio Manny, Moto Davey lols And Bill. Russell why not? Sure those guys love.
Speaker 4: IT i love. It they beat The Baby blues of The. Phillies my, dad.
Speaker 19: We're talking about that. Today he was sitting next to, us me and today and we're talking about The, blues, Right we're talking about you, Know Richie hebner And Dave cash And Larry bow And Bob, boon. Etc and Then shrubber is that ball on top of the Pavilion and he, says will he start? You i'm, like, yep there was.
Speaker 12: Way out, there.
Speaker 19: Man but, Yeah i'm looking forward, to you, know being in the field With pops and just making sure that everything goes right for. Him but he's very excited about.
Speaker 12: It in, fact he, SAYS i hope it's not.
Speaker 19: TOMORROW i hope it's in next. Sers but it happen to be, Tomorrow i'll be happy to do.
Speaker 2: It he'll be ready like he always was coming off the bench for The. Dodgers all, Right, jose we'll see you. Tomorrow should be a great day as The. DODGERS i believe we'll be closing it out and getting ready for THE.
Speaker 4: Nlcs thanks a, Lot, jose you got it the Night there he Goes.
Speaker 2: Jose, mota part of The Dodgers spanish radio. Broadcast eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone. Number dodgers fall to The phillies tonight eight to. Two there will be a game for The nlds tomorrow at three oh. Eight our coverage begins at two. O'clock and don't forget tomorrow Morning Steve sacks And Tim kates with scam beginning at six. Am eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone. Number, Minda you're On Dodger talk With david Vasse.
Speaker 20: Hi, Minda, Hi, david thank you so much for taking my. CALL i was at the game tonight At Dodger. Stadium it was my first postseason Game i've ever been, to and as disappointing as it was to see them, LOSE i really do have a lot of hope in them. TOMORROW i feel like The phillies just really capitalize off of their. Errors BUT i feel like there was a momentum in the first three. Innings But i'm just, Carrious. David what do you think that they can do tomorrow to close out this series and win for?
Speaker 2: Us The dodger offense has been so, good, Minda they're going to score. Runs they had scored four or more runs in thirteen straight postseason games before, tonight SO i have no doubt Seeing Christopher sanchez for a second, time they'll be in a good position to score at least four. Runs they just need a good start From Tyler Glass. NOW i mean that's been the key to The dodger success going back To. September they Need Glass now to come out and set the tone and put up a zero in the first inning and give this offense a chance to go to work Against. Sanchez it's not gonna be, easy but they need Glass now to pitch really.
Speaker 20: Well, ABSOLUTELY i totally. AGREE i really do feel Like rookie And chaosker have been on a really good run for the past couple of, games AND i feel like, tomorrow with the pressure on, them they'll be able to perform at their very.
Speaker 4: Best Like booky, said pressure is a.
Speaker 20: Privilege, yes, ABSOLUTELY i totally.
Speaker 4: Agree all, right where are you gonna watch the? Game. Tomorrow, minda it's three o'clock. Tomorrow are you gonna come?
Speaker 21: Back?
Speaker 20: OH i, WISH i wish so, badly but you, KNOW i, Mean i'll be watching ON Hbo. MAX i just got a new subscription to be able to watch. THEM i love postseason. Ball it's my favorite thing in the. WORLD i look Forwards. October But i'd love to be at the stadium all.
Speaker 2: RIGHT, minda thanks a lot for being out here. Tonight and LIKE i, Said i'm not just Being dodger Todg. DAVE i believe The dodgers will be able to close this out.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow but it's not just about the.
Speaker 2: Offense LIKE i, said the key to The dodgers going back to The World series and winning The World. Series and it's pretty clear the formula is for their starting pitchers to give them at least five or six, innings and they only got four From yamamoto. Tonight let's go out To, raymond who also is at the game. Tonight, Hi, raymond you're On Dodger.
Speaker 21: Talk Hey, david how are?
Speaker 10: You?
Speaker 4: Hey what a voice From? Raymond how you doing?
Speaker 12: Good here's my?
Speaker 22: THING I Peel roberts does this a. LOT i feel like he gives a game.
Speaker 12: Away he did that with The pods last.
Speaker 21: Year The dodgers played a bad game.
Speaker 4: Today they won that, series by the, Way.
Speaker 2: Raymond they won the series and they won The World, series so they must have been doing something.
Speaker 22: Right you can't give games.
Speaker 21: Away we Had.
Speaker 2: They gave away two two in THE nlcs last year and they won the.
Speaker 4: Series, david let me make my. Point my point, is, okay we got we had.
Speaker 10: Them against The.
Speaker 21: Ropes three to one deficit is not any deficit for The. Dodgers But persha shouldn't have came for the for that Second inny tried and the canon kept, it kept, it kept it at.
Speaker 4: Three now you want, Trying now you want. Trying Uh, No.
Speaker 12: I've always liked. HIM i support all The dodgers no matter. WHAT i don't bash.
Speaker 17: Him but he needs.
Speaker 21: Innings he needs to get that. Confidence and it would have been great for him to have that that eighth inning come back and and shut him.
Speaker 4: Down then.
Speaker 22: We would figure it.
Speaker 12: Out we would have figured it all.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, Okay, raymond all, right thank you for the phone, call great, voice bad. Call eight six six nine eight seven seventy is the phone. Number see it's so easy to, Say Dave roberts shouldn't Bring Clayton kershaw back out for the eighth, inning or you should have Brought Blake troning. In, okay there's still three more outs left to get in the. Game but you said you'll figure it. Out who are you gonna figure it out? With they were down a. Reliever Tanner scott was even at the stadium. TODAY i, mean it's the, playoffs AND i completely respect that he had to be away from the game tonight for personal. Reasons but The dodgers might be at a crossroads to make a decision whether or not they Keep Tanner scott on the. Roster before the game, tomorrow we'll, see maybe they feel like they could get away with it tomorrow and make a decision for THE. Nlcs let's go out To, josh who also is At Dodgers stadium.
Speaker 4: Tonight, Hi, josh you're On Dodger. Talk how you doing?
Speaker 12: Good? Yourself?
Speaker 22: Good thank You dave for taking this. Call i've been on thirty five, minutes But i'm gonna cut to the chase.
Speaker 10: Here, Okay.
Speaker 22: So, LISTEN i was here at game.
Speaker 4: Three was that an go? On is that like a complaint that you were on hold for thirty five.
Speaker 14: Minutes, no, no, No i'm ready to.
Speaker 22: Talk i'm ready to.
Speaker 12: Talk so.
Speaker 4: Gotcha you just give me a quick thirty. Seconds i'll give you. More how about, That i'll give you. More i'll give thirty five.
Speaker 8: Seconds thirty five.
Speaker 22: Seconds, Perfect that's All i'm asking for for anyone listening right. Now let me turn the page for. You, okay so. Listen The dodgers had come back to the myths. Before, okay The mets came out swinging last. Year we know that dear in limination. Game same thing with The New York. Yankees, okay do we really think that The Phillies we're gonna roll over and just give us his? Sweep probably? Not coho would you have done?
Speaker 9: It?
Speaker 22: Possibly? Yes and people keep talking about how, that, Oh David robers should have tell kershaw, Kershaw, no at this, point leave him, in, okay at this, point, yeah we were down a couple of. Rooms it is what it, is and the lead grew more and. More but there is no need to take him.
Speaker 12: Out.
Speaker 22: Okay people keep saying, that, oh they disrespected Kursh off by leaving the. Man, no they're there is no need for. That, Okay and Also i'm with.
Speaker 4: You, josh.
Speaker 10: Go.
Speaker 2: Ahead i'm actually a surprised that you have this type of. Perspective this is the right, Perspective. Josh it feels like everybody's acting like The dodgers are down two games to.
Speaker 4: One but you're.
Speaker 2: Right i'm glad you don't have a short, memory because there were certain games last year where The dodgers were short of pitching in THE, nlcs and instead of just trying to empty it out to win one, game they understood it was about winning four, games so live to fight another. Day and like you, said The phillies coming into this, series everybody, said whoever wins this.
Speaker 4: Series is going to The World.
Speaker 2: Series so do you think the team in the other dugout was just going to roll? Over You're you're one hundred percent spot, On.
Speaker 22: Josh thank. YOU i appreciate THAT i felt that way, too and for anyone else again, listening tomorrow is going to be the. Day do not lose any sleep over. IT i will be there tomorrow at three oh a. Pm and let's say there before that you should not give up on Our dodgers just.
Speaker 2: Yet all, Right, josh thanks a lot for the phone call and call back after tomorrow's.
Speaker 22: Game, OKAY i absolutely will thank you very.
Speaker 2: Much all, Right, josh good call the call to night right? There eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone. Number do The dodgers need some divine? Intervention let's find Out Father gary was At Dodger stadium. Tonight, Hi Father, gary which parish are you?
Speaker 12: Name how you?
Speaker 9: Doing i'm at the cathedral In La since cathedral.
Speaker 4: Ol right down the, hill right down the.
Speaker 17: Hill it's the other cathedral other Than Dodger. Stadium oh, yeah some good.
Speaker 9: Callers, Josh josh made a good call right. There the respect that you get FROM jj spawn these are the things That dodger fans don't. Realize why Would raven say something about who is a caller of the? System About Dave roberts disrespecting Fighton?
Speaker 17: Kershaw there's nothing but.
Speaker 12: Respect when you.
Speaker 9: Leave him out there for the eighth, inning you've got to go him out there for the. Athning and Then Blake trina needed that.
Speaker 12: Time on the on the.
Speaker 17: Mound what's his?
Speaker 12: Name? Ben it looks, Great.
Speaker 9: Dave why Do dodger fans always why do they get so uptight about losing a, Game we got. This there's nothing to be upset. About Dave roberts has won Two World series in the last five. Years we got, this, guys come, on, easy, easy nothing but. Respect dave all, right and And josh can have the call of the. Night i'll wait till The World series to call you.
Speaker 4: Back you're right, There Father.
Speaker 2: Gary you And josh two best callers, tonight and keep it going At cathedral and we'll see.
Speaker 4: You out here. Soon, okay take, care but be well you.
Speaker 2: Too, there he Goes Father gary From, cathedral which is right down the hill From Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Stadium it's right On.
Speaker 2: Broadway eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone. NUMBER i have never been, there BUT i have seen it When i've driven up that way off Of, broadway and WHEN i used to actually come to games with my Uncle, ray my Uncle. Sal they lived In, arcadia so we would meet uh In arcadia and sometimes even out In Lincoln heights and come up that way Through. Cathedral, actually my, mom when she immigrated From, italy there was a Big italian community In Lincoln, heights AND i think she actually Attended cathedral for a short period of.
Speaker 4: Time Saint Peter's.
Speaker 2: Church that's WHERE i was, Baptized that's where we've had family, funerals Great italian community church right. There so, Yeah i'm very familiar with. That eight six, six nine eighty, seven two five seventy is the phone. Number we're taking you to the top of the. Hour that's When Ben maller will get extremely negative about The dodgers losing one game in the. Postseason in between him breaking down The Joe flacco. Trade let's go out To frank And. Downey you're On Dodger Talk live From Dodger. Stadium how you, Doing?
Speaker 19: Frank, hey how you?
Speaker 12: Doing?
Speaker 16: Dave thanks for taking my. Call, FIRST i just want to talk About Sadi. KERSHAW i hear called saying.
Speaker 22: That why Did Dave roberts disrespect?
Speaker 16: Him and this and? That to, Me Clady kershaw is the greatest picture of my time and probably next To Andy coopax of all time at The dodger in The dodger. Uniform, hey.
Speaker 2: Why would you Have, Yes Sandy kofax was, Here, frank and, YEAH i don't know why you would have a problem with him going back out for the eighth. Inning it was an ideal for him not to be able to throw strikes get behind in the, count especially as a. Reliever But i'll say, this and it's not an. Excuse he hasn't pitched in a couple of, weeks and to a certain, extent that's a little bit of a concern tomorrow For. Glass, now it's been a while since he made a full fledged. Start remember his last start was In seattle On september twenty, seventh and that was an abbreviated. Start he did pitch out of the bullpen In philadelphia earlier in this, series so hopefully he doesn't have a lot of rust on the. Mound But kershaw had him pitched in almost ten days out there In, Seattle so give this guy a little bit of. Grace he's the Greatest dodger pitcher out. There and you, know people Like Ben maller will tell you that he has been horrific in the, postseason which is completely. Untrue he's had some poor outings in the, postseason and you could look at some of the other really good pitchers in baseball, history Like Pedro, martinez that have had some clunkers in the postseason for a variety of different.
Speaker 4: Reasons but for.
Speaker 2: Every so called bad pitch game in the postseason That kershaw has. HAD i can match you with a really good.
Speaker 4: ONE i.
Speaker 2: Can if you want to challenge me on, That i'd be more than happy. To let's go out To Rancho. Kuckamonga. Michael, Hey, michael you're the second GUY i know From Rancho. Kuckamoga the first GUY i know Is Dino, ebel and you're the second GUY i know that lives In Rancho KUCKAMONGA.
Speaker 12: Vv you tell me.
Speaker 23: That every TIME i call, brother you need to write my name down and my phone number, down because that's the.
Speaker 2: Well it's only two guys that live out. There it's you And. DINO i, mean there's nobody else out, there.
Speaker 12: Right, Hey, hey that's. True it's a party of.
Speaker 23: Two it's a part, well party of, three because you know it's two boys are killing it out.
Speaker 12: Here yeah they.
Speaker 9: Are, NO i just wanted TO i want to say a couple of.
Speaker 19: Things, One, josh you've been holding for thirty.
Speaker 23: Minutes, Man i've been on the hole for an hour and thirty. Five so that's dedication right.
Speaker 17: There, oh you just went up.
Speaker 4: There you really want to talk to? Me that that much My michael to.
Speaker 12: Talk to, ME i, do And I'M i, Appreciate so.
Speaker 4: You take your, time let us know what you.
Speaker 12: GOT i appreciate, YOU. Dv first and.
Speaker 23: Foremost you, know you're staying on, Lake you're doing your. Job but you, know, UH i know what a couple of callers we're talking, about like the disrespect Of Dave roberts Leaving Clint kersh out, there clearly not. Disrespect you, KNOW i don't think there's any intent of, disrespect but from a fan Of King, kersh it's hard to see him go out there and struggle like he did, today you. Know AND i think that's maybe the point that these fans are trying to, say and these callers are trying to. SAY i don't necessarily think it's disrespect at, all but it was just you, know THE ptsd of playoff games of, old where you, know you see these struggles and EVEN i mean Even Dave roberts, said you, know he didn't have a slider. Today he didn't have. It he barely got out of the.
Speaker 2: Seventh you can't compare anything that place in twenty thirteen or twenty fourteen to what took place tonight In relief with a guy at thirty six years old about to. Retire you just can't compare. That so there is NO ptsd for me AND. I the one THING i will agree with you is that it is. Hard you don't want to see him. Struggle you want to see him shine in that. Situation and, yeah it is hard to see him. Struggle but, look is that the last time The dodgers are going to go To kershaw in the? POSTSEASON i would say, No so there'll be other nights. There and it's the first night of him getting that as he likes to call his body a, carcass ready to.
Speaker 4: Go in the in the seventh.
Speaker 2: Inning so you, KNOW i DON'T i don't want to lump this into you, Know kershaw can't deliver in the postseason because, again every, game every outing has its own, story and so does this.
Speaker 10: One.
Speaker 17: Correct And i'm not worried about the loss.
Speaker 22: Either you know people are over here screaming to the not worried about the.
Speaker 23: Loss this is a good, team you, Know philly's played this hard all.
Speaker 22: Season not worried about.
Speaker 23: THAT i, Absolutely i'm. Not i'm not packing my back To philly, either were staying.
Speaker 12: Home we're doing this.
Speaker 23: Tomorrow, ABSOLUTELY i just feel.
Speaker 12: That it was Very it was very tough.
Speaker 23: For me as A King krish fan to see, him you, know get through a tough seventh any do his, job you, know perform, well get out of there no, damage and then you, know, hey things happen and that anting got away from. Them so for me, personally it was just it was just tough to see that, again knowing that you know the, articles the articles are already coming out and.
Speaker 2: There's No kershaw is not going to be the story of this. Game, MICHAEL i can guarantee you THAT i got a. Run thank you for, waiting and we'll talk. Soon the story of this game is Not Clayton. KERSHAW i can assure you of that all. Right, tomorrow if you don't have, tickets get Some dodgers slash, postseason sell this place out like it was sold out, Tonight first pitches at three to. Eight our coverage begins With Morongo Casino dodgers on deck at two. O'clock Rick monday And Steven nelson will have the call at threeh. Eight game four THE Nlds tyler glassnow making his first postseason, start not only this, year but as A, dodger his only postseason appearance as A dodger was in relief earlier in this series In. Philadelphia So glass now on the mound for The, dodgers going up Against Christopher, sanchez the game one, starter who The dodgers. Beat so The philly season is still on the line. Tomorrow it's not The dodgers that need to win or go home. Tomorrow there's a lot of pressure On Trey turner And Bryce harper And Kyle schwarber still to be able to keep their season alive for a second straight. Game it's not going to be, easy especially at three o'clock in the. Afternoon Jeff Frank core and no Mar. Garciapara we're telling me tomorrow it's going to be a tough day to see the ball here At Dodgers. Stadium so we'll see who blinks. First thanks To Colin ye back at Our Burbank, Studios thanks To dwayne McDonald out here At Dodgers, stadium and thanks to you for. Listening in case you missed any of the, show you can find it on The iHeartRadio app once.
Speaker 4: Again the final score tonight From Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Stadium game, three THE nlds goes to The Phillies they beat The dodgers eight to. Two Ben mallers, next and so.
Speaker 17: Bad