Speaker 1: The best friends you never knew you had, running to the most viral stories of the day. The News Junkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, July twenty fourth, twenty twenty six. Lots to get you today, from we can't let this happen to shocking new details in the Nancy Guthrie case and a sugar baby deal in the Villages causes drama, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, Tex san more Sea, Lane is here. Who Josh is with us? Good day and so are you. You can join us on the show, send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com or in the app right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube and Twitch dot tv slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right at the studio at a real time and this never ever ever happens fresh. What are you talking about? What I've heard? I know this is a little alarming, but I just want to make sure that this is legitimate. I want to make sure that everything is right and correct. It is. Yeah, we have a last minute message right now. It appears to be from Jimothy the Raccoon. Let's listen in great Friday, everyone, what a Jimothy. Yeah, we've made it through a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday has arrived. Patch yourself on the back. What a time to be alive. Here we are. You guys don't actually have to pat yourself on the back, but.
Speaker 3: I do what.
Speaker 2: I appreciated that Josh is usually the one that does it. You refuse, I'm not doing it. He's so umble. If he didn't tell me to do it, I would do it. But I'm now not doing it. Everybody else, pat yourself on the back. There, you made it through the week and here we are to Friday with a lot to do. How's everybody doing on a Friday? Good? How are you good? Good? All is well in my world? And you know it's just I woke up today. Done this before in my life, I don't think. And I was like, I should be appreciative of the things that I have. Life is good music. I don't know, maybe a secret show's set me a little bit more last night than it should have, but yeah, well come, I was like, I'm a fortunate man. I've got a beautiful partner. Like I was like, just like things are going well, you know, And I don't know why that means things are gonna go terrible today, though, doesn't it. It's like this could be a bad thing. Yeah, it's not. It's a bad omen for the show, I think. So let's see what happens. Let's put her ears to the ground, our fingers in the pulse list. See what's going on to this great, big, wide world of ours. We go to a man eating in his car. Everybody, that's right. This particular gentleman is deciding to try out something. He's a food reviewer, I guess, and he wants to try the new Rby's offering, the Angus cheese steak. So you know it's the can Josh, maybe we should treat ourselves with something here. Maybe this is good. Let's see what he says. This is a guy in his car trying out the RB sandwich. Let's was it in?
Speaker 4: I'm here at my local Arby's to try their brand new Philly cheese steaks.
Speaker 2: This is what it looks like. Let's take a bike for the record. I love Arby's. Army's never had a cheese I don't know, big bite?
Speaker 5: Oh no, nope, nope.
Speaker 2: Well why don't you like it? Tell us mann't buy that? That's it, we can't. I saw this guy who's been going viral for his food reviews. It's this old man and he has like seventy six cameras in his car, and he cruises through the drive through and he's like, really nice, and he makes his order for what he's gonna get, and the you know, the piping hot food comes in and he puts a thermometer in it, and he's looking at seven different cameras and he goes, WHOA, this one's hot and served and ready to go. And then this guy just goes, don't do it, don't do it, don't try it out if you've tried it. And maybe this guy's wrong. And RB's is onto something, let us know. But he says, no, good two point three million views on his review. Not great for RB. He's not a swell day for the Rby's folks. Yeah, yeah, that's even worse than than what I've got going on over here. Somebody says Sean Fields extra good because he shipped off the spider curse. Maybe that's it. Maybe it's because of the spider curse. Magnet I had a curse in my studio. I transferred it over to the magnets and shipped it off to you lovely listeners, so we're able to grab those.
Speaker 6: I just remembered I have one of them in my bag. I need to I need to get shipped off the Bradshaw's office asap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can send it away. It's got a piece of the curse with it, each one of them. I rubbed it in the spot on the desk where I killed the spider. It just transfers right over. Whether you like it or not, that's just how it shows. Sucks because it's a really great magnet. I mean, that's that's a good design and I look at that. That's a fun magnet right there. But cursed. That is cursed. Yeah, it's curse. Yeah, we have to remember that at the end of the day. I want to talk about this because it's not getting a lot of discussion yet, but I really think it needs to. And the first thing I saw was somebody sent me in an email at the tips at the News Junkie dot com that their local liquor store was sending out emails and they were saying, hey, we knew it was coming. Eventually, the deadline is approaching. The THC Drinks if you don't do anything about it. They're going to be illegal, They're going to be removed from the shelves. This thing that that I think, you know, this is so crazy to me, actually, like just just on the reel here. The way I see this is THHC drinks have angered the alcohol companies because a lot of people have lowered their intake of alcohol and switched over to THCHC. I see THHD drinks as far less harmless to your health and to other humans than any alcoholic beverage could possibly be. I see THHD companies as new upstarts, most of them who don't have the lobbying money that the liquor companies have and the politicians in Washington and all of their wisdom. These losers decided to sneak through in another bill something that would make it so the THHD drinks would be illegal. And to me, that clearly comes because of a pressure campaign from the liquor companies. I think the THHD drinks are good. It's a good product, and I think it's good for the health of Americans. You might think I'm crazy for saying that.
Speaker 5: You're crazy for saying that you're crazy for other reasons, but not for saying that.
Speaker 2: I believe it. I think that's absolutely the truth. I think it gets people to go another direction other than alcohol. And alcohol even though I like it, even though you deserve it sometimes and you know you do you, I think that alcohol is worse for you physically in every measurable way than one of these THHD drinks. But now here's one of the stories attached to this. People are getting emails like crazy, But THHD drinks face a federal deadline that could upend the market. They reached two hundred and thirty nine million dollars in retail sales, but a federal rule taking effect November twelfth could push most hemp derived drinks outside the legal hemp market, making your favorite THC drink illegal with a capital I why? Why? Because it? Am I crazy? Am I making this up? Didn't we see stories that said one hundred percent the liquor industry saw an impact of the sales of this, like a reduction in sales of alcohol, right, sir. That's why the distributors are in the THC drink business. Now, yeah, that's why you buy them from the liquor store and they make a ton of money, a ton of money off of it. But this just doesn't make any sense. This isn't hurting anybody, as best I can tell, this is only helping people. For me if I have a night where I'm not drinking that much. I know this is a personal thing for me, but they help me sleep. They help me get a good night sleep. I don't want to take sleeping pills. I don't like taking medication that I don't need. In the THD drinks I think are a godsend for this. I get a nice night sleep from these things. I'm not cheating chong in it over here. I'm just kind of I have a reasonable about Here's the thing I would say, I'm not cheating chonging it, but literally one of the brands of THHC drink that I purchase on occasion is the cheating Shong brand. Yeah yeah, yeah, so you are cheating Chong, but this is I'm not high as a kite, you know, I'm not Bongo the stone Crab over here. I'm not getting high. I'm just like, I'm relaxing on this drink in These stupid politicians bought off by allegedly liquor companies on K Street, lobbyists they are now going to remove this option that a lot of people I think enjoy. And tell me what you think about this, but it says what happens to a two hundred and thirty nine million dollar drink category when federal law threatens the dose in nearly every cam hemp derived THHD beverages that move quickly from cannabis shops into liquor stores, grocery owls, and convenience store coolers. Could you imagine if this goes through in November? They make it illegal On November twelfth, you can no longer buy THHC. And you're buying THHC from some drug dealer on the streets or something like I'm old.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like we used to do in high schools.
Speaker 2: We're bringing it back, baby. I'm slipping a fiver to a nefarious character on the the worst street in town. Bucks. We're not gonna get you anywhere. We're not bring it that far back. I'm slipping a hundo to get a you know, a twelve pack of the illegal stuff so I can get a nice night's sleep. What the hell, man, what's going on here? Four packs look familiar. The flavors sound like modern sparkling. Water blah blah blah. The commercial run now has an expiration data attached to it. Cyanara Slater Audios Muchacho. Of federal law scheduled to take effect on November twelve, twenty twenty six, changes the definition of hemp final. Consumer products containing more than point four milligrams of total THHC and similar intoxicating cannabinoids per container will no longer qualify as hemp. The Congressional Research Services says products excluded from definition would instead become subject to the Federal Control Substances Act, as marijuana is currently so point four milligrams, isn't that like everything on the shelves at the store, all of the THC drinks is are any under that?
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't even do anything at point four milligrams. Yeah, that's like a non alcoholic beer. That's like you might have point five million. You know, abv.
Speaker 2: This is insane, and you should you should vote out every politician that does nothing about this. If they don't do anything, all of these losers that sit there and get obsessed, set obsessed about a bunch of stuff that nobody cares about all day long, trying to make viral clips online and then there's stuff like this where it's like, who is this hurting nobody? Nobody accept the liquor industry, right, But clearly it's not hurting anybody except the liquor industry for you to get a reasonable THHC drink At the end of the day, I haven't heard of one story, not one, And I follow this stuff to somebody has been out of control because they drank a THC drink.
Speaker 6: Do you think that the liquor industry is the biggest opponent to UH or like the biggest supporter of this being illegal or do you think that they're still like enough old oose in Washington in that.
Speaker 2: Here marijuana and go oh.
Speaker 6: No, it's bad. We gotta gotta do the kids. It's going to be marketed to the kids. Maybe, But think about it. Who else would be against this?
Speaker 2: Like the country has actually turned the tide on marijuana sea land as you've seen. Like, I think a lot of politicians are are for a lot of legalization or you know, legalization light type stuff. I think that's usually supported by both parties, you know, Republicans and Democrats alike. I think I think the only people against this are the people who are being impacted and Josh, can you look that up real quick? Like, I know I've seen something about liquor sales impacted by THHC drink offerings. I know I've seen that the sales have been down for this stuff because so many people have different options. Now, let me know if you could find something on that. But that's happening. Federal deadline in place. Not good. We have to fight for this U and Courtney just texted me and she says, the Harry Potter Room is going to turn into our THHC bunker. We're gonna hit though, We're gonna hit the store before November when they shut all this down. So I'm gonna I'm gonna get as much as I can.
Speaker 6: I've already thought of that, and it's like, what am I? What am I really gonna do? Am I gonna ration it?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: Am I gonna uh get a get a big storage container of th HC drinks and then yeah, eventually just run out?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Or should I just go cold turkey? No? I mean how many? I'm gonna figure out how many I need for the rest of my life. I'm gonna know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna go three hundred and sixty five days a year. I got about, you know, a couple of years left to me. Here's how many I need. Don't say three, Josh Gez saying, I mean, I know, I said I could might aspire if you left any longer. I'm gonna store up as much of these things as I possibly can. Did you find any stories about the decline in liquor sales. I'm I'm gonna try and Okay, no worries. If there's not, just say you're wrong, Sean. But I'm almost positive to Oh, here we go. The category made small beside the one hundred and ten billion dollar off premise alcohol market. Its growth stands out because total alcohol dollars declined three point three percent during the same period, so the money shifted over to the THC, the new THHC drinks market, and shifted away from alcohol. Nothing in beer winer spirits is putting up numbers like that right now. So instead of competing, the liquor companies and the lobbyists for these companies, instead of competing with them, they've said, we are literally just gonna shut down our new competition and if nothing happens before November. That's just how it is. So let me know. Maybe I'm alone, maybe you don't care about this at all. But if I'm not, send a dispatcher an email over on thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, speaking of emails, let's get started. Ed emails the show about the Powerball story we discussed yesterday, the Powerball opening up internationally. I am firmly against this. I am boycotting the Powerball being an international thing. I think that the Powerball basically allows one person to steal money from all the other poor people who throw their money at the Powerball. So if somebody's going to steal from all the poor people who play the power Ball, then I think it should be an American I don't think we should have some brit who's like, oh, all the poor people in America threw their money in a pot and I ended up winning it. I don't like it. Neither does good English accent. You just did. Thank you. I appreciate that. Think I knew it was going to be a good day today. I knew it. I will not be playing the power Ball anymore. Ed says it's absolutely insane to have people in the United Kingdom playing for a chance to win. I feel like it's a scam. It's already sad that Jeffrey Epstein won the Mega Millions twice. It's also said that the suicide is suspect. How do I know if Jeffrey Epstein got away with what he did, fake his death and then moved to the United Kingdom, that's a definition of power ball, he segued, segued in the email. No, he segued at the beginning of the email. Wait, he started with on the I'll be playing the Powerball and Sean about this powerballty depty, He's like, how do I get them to talk about it on the show. There's not enough coverage of this. Here is Gustavo with an email to tips at the Newsyunkie dot com. This was about the freak guy saying he was going to kill these people on their doorbell cam yesterday. Gustavo says, I've never locked my front door, not growing up with my parents, nor as an adult. The only person who ever broke into my home was a cocaine dealer across the street from me when I lived in Miami. That was about thirty years ago. Now I live in a Lakeland complic a complex with more than one thousand nearly identical apartments. I'm currently traveling for sales at Alabama, and my front door is still unlocked, so trusted neighbors can care for my bird.
Speaker 6: Why does a cocaine dealer need to break into somebody's house to get more, yeah, more coin?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, that's that's how they got a really interesting business model. He's he's in Alabama traveling to sell stuff, and his front door of his house is not locked right now, so his neighbors could care for his bird.
Speaker 5: Say not, just give your neighbor a key to your house?
Speaker 2: Why not just give your neighbor the bird, whole bird over to the neighbor. Then you know you could do that. I have a camera of very little worse stealing, and I doubt anybody's walking past all my neighbors carrying my sixty five inch TV. I don't worship rocks or metal, so there's no expensive jewelry either. The one door I always lock is my backsliding glass door, because it opens to a common area where anyone can walk directly into my yard, he says. And one more here from another ed who says about food and the resurgence of these Emerald viral clips with the Emerald doing this thing. He says, I'm really glad that food is not fun anymore because I grew up with Julia Child Justin Wilson. I don't know who that is Emerald and my mom. Needless to say, I'm now two hundred and seventy pounds Sean, and it's all their fault. But I did enjoy myself getting to two hundred and seventy pounds. Yuma says. Ed there he goes, You too can have a voice on the show email if you want to be anonymous, put that right up on top to tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Real quick, I want to tell you that when we come back, we've got a pretty big bombshell update and a story I thought was just quiet in the Nancy Guthrie case. You know Savannah Guthrie from the Today Show that that person, the masked person, kidnapped her old mom and we hadn't heard much anything. But there's new info for once and it's pretty crazy. So I'll give you this bombshell update on that story. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. I thought we were not going to hear anything else about the Nancy Guthrie case. And you might already be rolling your eyes in the back of your head, but bear with me on this because I think this is bombshell news. Like I think this was a big, big update on the story. If you're not familiar, Seelan, I'll explain this to you, Okay, I know you haven't heard much about this little tiny story whatever. There's a woman named Nancy Guthrie, and she's a old she related to Woody Guthrie. She's related to Savannah Guthrie. Yeah, from the Yeah, Yeah, from the Today Show. Yeah. I mean you guys should know this, Josh, you should know this too. And Nancy Guthrie was kidnapped by some bizarre masked man who busted into her house in the middle of the night and took her. And then we knew there was some demand for money in bitcoin as a ransom to get the mother back, right, we knew that that was the case, And then we all knew that TMZ was straight up lying and being weird for like a year basically where they were like we got another we got another note from the kidnapper, and you go, this is definitely some crazy guy in his mother's basement. What are you doing here? But for real, there are new details from the Nancy Guthrie ransom note that are pretty wild, actually, and I think that we need to go over these because there was some stuff in here where I said, oh, I have no idea that that was the case. There is a podcast that got a hold of the ransom note, the one that they really do believe was from the kidnappers here, and this kind of changes my mind on how I feel about this entire case. Here we go. The latest revelations about the purported first ransom note and the Nancy Guthrie case appear inconsistent with the kidnapping for ransom. According to a retired FBI negotiator, if the fact that they wanted to cut off communication quickly suggest anything, it is that they may not have had kidnapping for ransom as a primary motive. Right this was one of the FBI people weighing in on this. When was this July twenty fourth? This is also today. Hold on, here's what I'm looking for right here. This is the actual new info. New details from Nancy Guthrie ransom demand revealed. Her life is in your hands. So here we go. New portions of the first purported ransom note received in the Nancy Guthrie investigation have been made public, and a former Arizona reporter read them on a major true crime podcast on Wednesday. Remember, this whole thing went down in Arizona, So the FBI didn't think that this was the case. That was the other story that came out. But here's the juicy stuff. Brianna Whitney, who was working for Phoenix based Asy Family News when the case broke, joined the Crime Junkie not related to the News Junkie. Just for the record, it's not your brother crime. Joined the Crime Junkie host Ashley Flowers. They're way more successful than we are. Unfortunately, to discuss the note and a wrench attack theory that emerged in May, a Crime Junkie spokesperson said the podcasters would not share copies of the text, which has not been independently verified, but they believe that they are true. Here is the note that the kidnapper allegedly sent. Hello Savannah, talking to Savannah Guthrie, we have your mother, Nancy. She began reading from what she said was the first note sent to local media she is safe but scared. She will be held for ransom and once payment is received, she will be released unharmed. We will be holding her for a maximum of seven days as previously conveyed by authorities. The sender gave two deadlines, with increased money demands the longer it took. Once payment is received to the bitcoin address below, she will be released within twelve hours of deposit to a safe drop off location back in Tucson. If the payment is not received by the last deadline on Monday the ninth at five pm, she will be killed. Your mother is aware of this. Her life is in your hands. Okay, that's it. Then they said it's in the best interest of everyone to have this completed as soon as possible. You will not be able to contact me from here on out. There will be no negotiation. Do not play games. Law enforcement will not be able to help you. The note also included details that may have only been available to investigators and the suspect at the time, including the location of Guthrie's Apple watch and details about a smashed floodlight in her backyard. There was a second note that they read that also had an apology, which was like, you know after the mother had died because of her failing health. The thing that is shocking to me if this is the first note that Nancy Guthrie got, and Savannah Guthrie got and her family got, and it's like her life is in your hands. We want, we want a deposit into this bitcoin account. Here's how much money we want, or we're going to kill your mom by this day. Why didn't Savannah Guthrie just send them money? But you know your mom has actually been kidnapped. Maybe this is me saying this because I'm I wasn't actually in this position, but I would have won one hundred percent. Sent the money. I would have won one hundred percent, sent the money. Oh, this sounds to me like the person was kidnapping her. They sent this this letter over this note to the family, and then the family made the decision to not make a payment. Is it like we don't negotiate with terrorist kind of thing, you know?
Speaker 6: Is it possible that somebody in law enforcement looked at this note and decided for whatever reason, that it was not credible and like advised the Guthrie family that this is not worth our time.
Speaker 2: Very possible, I think.
Speaker 6: And so there was the story that they did a test run, like they sent like two hundred bucks or something, and just to see if they could see where the money was whisked off to, and that somehow screwed up the whole timelineer screwed up the process.
Speaker 2: Savannah Guthrie has the fund. She one hundred percent could have done this, and I would take it seriously. We have the video of the person actually taking your mother, and we have a note that they left behind that they sent, and they're demanding this, and I know there's some of you people saying it sets a precedent. Never pay the ransom. Never. Fang freaking Tastic says, if I'm old as hell and not in great health, I wouldn't want my family wasting money on a ransom. That's fine, that's fine for you to think about that in that position. But I'm saying, if I were Savannah Guthrie, I would have paid eleven times. I would have paid. I would have said, I want more time with my mom and it's worth more money to me than anything else. Right, That's just how I am about it. Like, if I could pay all of my money right now to get my mother back alive for a year I would do it in a second, because that's more valuable than anything else that I could ever have, and it's the thing that you can't get right. But I mean, I don't know. That seems crazy to me. This is definitely a big revelation of the case. It says, once payment is received at the bitcoin address, she'll be released in twelve hours of a deposit to a safe drop off location back in Tucson. If we don't get it by Monday the ninth at five pm, she will be killed. Your mother's aware of this in her life is in your hands. Once payments received, will release her unharmed. But we're holding her for a maximum of seven days, like I would have done it. I don't know how you don't do it. That seems different to me, Alien says Seilions.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Cops probably said it wasn't credible, but why would cops ever think it was incredible? The mother is indeed missing. There is a note left behind. There is a demand for the note, like why would the cops not think anything is credible? Everything points to that it is credible. Everything that we've ever seen points to the idea that this person actually was kidnapped. But I want to know, would does this has change your mind on how you feel about the case number one? But what would you have done in that circumstance, Because I one thousand percent would have paid. I don't understand why she didn't. I don't get that. I don't get that, And don't make the argument to me from the old person whose kidnaps perspective. Make it from the children's perspective. That's the argument that I want to hear. Why on earth wouldn't the kids, if they loved their mother, why wouldn't they pull this money together? That Savannah Guthrie definitely has. I forgot what the demand was for. But she's a very wealthy woman, so she could have done it. And I'm not saying this that's a great president. I'm not saying anything, but I'm saying, if that was a chance to get your mom back alive, I would have done it personally. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 6: Okay, good luck out there, Dylan, I really have I'm I'm praying for you, buddy. What are you telling you your dad is really screwing this up for you?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about What do you mean.
Speaker 5: What if you're the kidnapped, you're expecting Dylan to give up everything to get you back.
Speaker 2: I think he would, I legit think he would. You want me to call him and see if he would pay?
Speaker 6: No, No, that's not where I was going with that. But you know it's sure, Sure, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Definitely my point.
Speaker 6: It's not that you know, good luck when you're kidnapped, because Sean will just pay pay pay.
Speaker 2: No. I know that too. I mean I'm making him kidnappable right now. I stand that, but I just have to be real about it. Right. Do you think he would do it for me?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Sure? I think he would write a very very big check that would bounce.
Speaker 5: Wait three days to cash.
Speaker 2: I did a little post date, just a little post date. Okay, let me let me call him real quick and see if he would pay this. Ready, let's see all right? Hang on? Stand by? Oh is it? Wait? Hang on? What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: When were you showing the screen? You? I have no control over that. What do you mean? What do you up on the stream? Oh? Great number does yes? Oh? Why was he set up that way? That's a terrible idea. It's a terrible code arena. All right, I'm I'm gonna text him. I guess would you up pay ransom to save me? Okay, I'll text him. I'll let you know because I'm I'm pretty convinced that he would do this. I'm pretty convinced I dial the wrong number. Folks, all right, So don't don't try to call him because Hee Lane showed you something he wasn't supposed to. Don't do it. You just told me you showed him. No, I didn't show them. Where did it show? Did it show in the stream? Where? Why? You mean on the on the graphics on the stream? Yes, it shows the phone number. Yes, that's bad code. A Reno worker that was on me gonna kidnap the bad all right, don't know everybody, leave that person alone. This is unrelated person. I'll tell you what Dylan says when he responds at some point in time. But I I truly believe that he would he would pay the money for me. I don't know what was going on with the Savannah Guthrie in this case, but we'll figure it all out, and you give us your thoughts. Your dispatches are accepted in your emails as well. Do those over at thenewsjunkie dot com right now. Somebody said, you just doc Stylan. I didn't do it. I didn't know that showed up on the screen. So like, if I call Sea Lane right now, I'll call you Shan Sean. Wait, you say, if I hit call right now, we'll put your phone on the stream. Yes, it would. I don't believe, honey, I docs the kids. I don't believe that that's true. It just shows the entire phone number. It did. Yes, on on the stream. Yes, not on my screen, not on your screen, on the stream, on the stream. So I hit call right now on your phone? Will dare all right?
Speaker 9: Fine?
Speaker 2: I won't, but I just I that seems hard to believe. Somebody said, I didn't see it. You see, Look it's fine, it's fringy. Shut it, she said, She said, you didn't see it at all. That's all right. We're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, we'll see what kind of damage I just did, and I'll dox more people as the day goes on. That's on the way. Plus something that a man did in a restaurant. And I want you guys to tell me if you think that this is okay. Or if if this is really really bad behavior, you let me know what you think and we'll get to that because it's coming up next on the News Junkie. I've accidentally doxed my son on the show, I did, Yeah, I did that. I made a mistake and uh and I thought. Celan was like, you put your son's number out there, and I said, no, I don't think it could have been that bad. And then I looked and he sent me a screenshot and I did, I just have to I have to confess that, yeah, that that was an issue. But I wanted to call him to see if he would pay a you know, a ransom for me because we were talking about the Nancy Guthrie situation. If I call him again, it's just going to dox him again. But my theory on this is I've already put his information out once. Why does it even matter if you do it again? Is that it doesn't. You can't be double docks by releasing your son's phone number twice. The one time is the time, and then after that it's just like okay.
Speaker 6: Right, I mean I would disagree why just because now, like you know, even if you're putting even more spotlight on it.
Speaker 2: I'm not putting anywhere spotlight on an opposite and forget about that. Here's how here's what I'm doing. I put the spotlight on something totally different. I got a story coming up that's gonna knock your socks off, and it'll make you forget all about the stuff that happened previously. I got that going on, and we're gonna work that into the show here. But let's just be real. It's already happened. We might as well just do it again, right, sure?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can you can? You mute the box real quick? Just hit the mute on obs for the box and you do that. You hang on one second here. I don't never go in this because I don't mean to be ruining your weekend.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 2: Every once in a while, the great code a Reno makes a mistake. Areno, that's what they said. That's what we're calling. Today is one of those days. Unfortunately, but I wanted longing in the it's called the box. Yeah, yeah, the box is off. It's off, okay, just for now, just for now, so let me see this. I think this is now. I'm just doing it in a different way. Yeah, all right, just call him. Does he know that you did the thing? What thing?
Speaker 11: No, we're not gonna tell him about that. Oh okay, cool? Yeah, hello, hey hey uh are you there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, you're on the air, So don't say anything bad. Just just for the record, Okay. I just want you to know I love you, and I would never do anything to show the audience any private information about you or like dox you or put your phone number out there or I just want you to know I would never do anything like that, is all right? Why are you saying that? I here's the thing. See Lane puts your phone number on the screen. I didn't know. I had nothing to do with this, and I just wanted to apologize for what Sea Lane has done. And if anybody as me or bothers you, I apologize profusely. If we have to get you a new phone number, I will get you a new phone number. But I just wanted to put that out there. Okay, I apologize. Well, I wouldn't se Lane apologize. I don't know. I don't know because Selane didn't do anything. I think that's a really good question. Actually, I think I think somebody wrote some software that he was so proud of his little phone line. And Uh, one of the unfortunate bugs in the software feature was that it was a feature show the feature has the phone revealed feature that had yeah, having revealed Dylan's phone number, my son's phone number on the actual stream. But I've told the.
Speaker 12: Program that feature if if I hadn't broken so many.
Speaker 2: Phones, Uh, revenge was not in mind. I was, Yeah, I was not. I was not at all try to get any revenge on you in the slightest But again, let me let me go back to I love you. You're awesome. And I just wanted to say we were talking about the case. This new note came out in the Savannah Guthrie situation with her mom, and it looks like, you know, they knew that they had her mother and that they were going to kill her mother if they didn't pay up. And I wanted to know if somebody stole me, kidnapped me, adult napped me as it were, and that person said, Dylan, you have to pay this amount of money or we're going to kill your dad. Would you pay that amount of money? I would.
Speaker 9: I'd probably need access to your assets, but I mean I would.
Speaker 2: I would get them whatever they asked for. Okay, I really appreciate that. And this is like, this is nice, right, like, you know, we we love each other here things are going well, and we know when we look back on.
Speaker 12: Like, right now, why are you asking me they have my phone number?
Speaker 2: Isn't I'm I'm not I'm kidnapped right now? I'm not kidnapped right now?
Speaker 6: Out of context, you know, Dylan just gets this random call from a toll free hotline and and uh, and here's all this stuff from you.
Speaker 2: Maybe I would think like, hey, is this now? Are you kidnapped?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm not kidnapped by all right, my due diligence, okay, And if you are kidnapped, why is Sea laying there?
Speaker 5: And Josh, I.
Speaker 2: Want to be as clear as possible. I'm not currently kidnapped. But you would pay the money to try to save my life, right theoretically we need money? Why? Why? Why not? Just yes, I would pay the money to save your life too.
Speaker 14: In a perfect world, I would, but in practice it doesn't always happen.
Speaker 2: Now here's the thing. I also just said I would pay any amount of money to get you back, and then gave out your phone number. So I do want to point out that that's probably bad. That is probably a bad thing that those things happen in that order. So, uh, let's just let's just go back to what we're gonna remember about this. I love you and I hope you have a great debt. All right, love you too, Okay, all right, there it goes. Boy. Well, uh, he said he would pay the money, So I mean that shows I told you he said he would tell you your money. Well, oh, actually, yeah, I should have asked his money. He's like, I would be very generous with your money. That's all right. You can put the box back on. You can put the box back on, Oh philose numbers on? No, Now, I want to see because the Great Codino is put through a fix, I want to test that the fix worked. So I'm gonna call you to see if it displays your number? Are you okay with that?
Speaker 5: Sures called nine one one?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm not. I'm not confident. I'm not going to do I don't do it, not to get rid of it. No, because it's going to show your number. It will not.
Speaker 11: It's on you.
Speaker 2: That's you, nothing showing up. Okay, good, all right, good? So did you fix it or below you've reached the Sea Lane and is that what your phone does voicemail? Why does this sound like that? I don't know you changed your number in the system. No, I didn't. You didn't what what was that person?
Speaker 9: It was me?
Speaker 2: It said you've reached Ceilane.
Speaker 15: What do you do?
Speaker 2: You think that did not sound like you? Okay, hold on, we got to take a quick break. When we come back, we'll get to you. Your feedback is coming in. Send your dispatches over on the news junkie dot com. Did you guys think that sounded weird? You didn't think that? What was weird about it? Tell me this doesn't sound like Sea Lan and it sounds Sea Lion has been kidnapped. If anyone, Well, you've reached Sea Lane and either I cannot come to the phone, or I'm enjoying the wonders of caller ID. One step away from George Costanza's outgoing message. Believe it or not, George isn't at home. Leave a message jet the beep. All right, I don't know what's happening around here. We're gonna take a quick break and get back to the professional broadcasting when we return. We got to pick a side on the way, we have a lot coming up, don't miss anything. All of that coming up next, and then you use Junkie, we'll get into your feedback, your dispatches, that's what we call and that's how you can send some thoughts into the show, video audio dispatches played back on the show, or your emails tips at the newsjunkie dot com. Very quickly, though, I want to get your thoughts on this. I wouldn't call this a pick a side, which is a feature that we do on the show, but I just I want to see if this is normal behavior, if we approve of this or not. There's a post that's going viral online. This is not really news related. I just I was confused by it, so I wanted to bring it up before we do get into the next story. This woman said today I went out to lunch with my dad and his friends. Before ordering, they walked around looking at what everyone else in the restaurant was eating so that they could make an informed decision. And she shows her father and his friends as they went out to lunch. That is so old guy, and I thought, I've never heard of this. Sea lane is food browsing, okay, Like you know, most places don't have any pictures on the menu. If you go into a restaurant, is it okay to walk around to the other tables and take a look at what people are eating?
Speaker 6: I mean, I think people do a version of this without walking around, Like you can sort of just scan and maybe once in a while.
Speaker 2: If you see something go by, maybe you can go, oh, what's that? What was that thing that they just got?
Speaker 6: I think it's more it's it's it's probably more acceptable to ask the server like, Hey, that that thing over there looks good? What what is that they're eating? But when you're walking around and you're like, it's almost like you're getting in people's business.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a little bit. But what if you want to see what the food looks like. I'm not saying that you just take a glance as it goes by. Everybody does that. That's what feitas are based on. Basically.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 2: That's true. You guys both know this. But the deal is, if I go into a restaurant, I've never done this before, but I'm kind of tempted to now. If I get up and walk around the busy restaurant and just take a look at what everybody else has on their plates. Now I know what looks the best. Some of you are saying this is kind of rude, though, is it really? How is it really?
Speaker 5: People are gonna feel judged immediately if you're standing there going hmm.
Speaker 2: It seems snoopy. Well, Josh, I didn't say that I was going to be rude about it. I'm just gonna look at each table and go all right, yeah.
Speaker 5: But if you're silently walking around and going all right, that's what the ruben looks like that it feels weird if you're the person eating the ruben.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't take offense to it. People do this kind of stuff all the time. I see it all the time. When you get up. This guy goes out with his buds. They're all old dudes, and they look at everybody else's food. And that's how you get the qualified intel to know what to order on the menu.
Speaker 6: If I went out to dinner with my dad and my dad and we sat down at the table and then ordered drinks, and then they're like, all right, well, you know, I'll give you a minute to peruse the menu, And my dad got up and walked around the entire restaurant to see what people we're eating.
Speaker 2: I would be embarrassed. That's weird, says X swimmer. Just walk around and look, but don't walk up to somebody's table. You got to get a good look at the food though. It's like, I agree with TDG who says, nobody has any idea what you're doing. You're just doing reconnaissance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're just you're like, people don't do reconnaissance in restaurants unless they're weirdos or they're Jason Bourne.
Speaker 2: But shouldn't they that that is the literal we eat with our eyes. It's a literal thing that we do.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 2: Then don't eat other people's food with your eyes. I think you go around, you take a little peek, and you go damn. I wasn't gonna get the pancakes, but the pancakes look really good. They don't have any pictures on the menu, And like, I like what you ordered there. I think that that is a fair thing to do. Let us know if you do this or if you think that it's it's a rude thing to do. But I think it's kind of genius in a way. It's it's a smart idea. Actually, if you're not familiar with what a place had give us your thoughts on food browsing over at least dot com riveting contest set as a dispatch about line about your food browsing dispatches. I'll get into this serious stuff now. We've got all kinds of real news, but I did want to put that out there. At least I wanted people to know what was going on. We've been talking about on a serious note, the flock cameras that are all around the country. And see, how would you sum up what a flock camera is to somebody who hasn't heard any of our discussion. It's a camera that sits in a stationary location and it records mostly your license plate when you go by, and what time you went by, what time of the day, what day you know, that kind of stuff. And it also seems to we've just learned, also kind of record some identifying features of your car, like if you have certain bumper stickers, if you have if you're a Steelers fan, you got your Steelers bumper sticker. It puts that stuff on there too. But it's basically just a stationary recording of all of the cars that go buy this camera and when yeah, and and I think that's a pretty accurate description.
Speaker 6: When you take thousands of these flock cameras and put them because they're over the place, it's now a way to mine all that data and follow you around.
Speaker 2: Well, so, Josh, you weren't here, but we went to this what was the website sealine that we were looking at, dflock dot org. Dflock dot org, and we went to the website and it shows you there's like over a hundred thousand of these flock cameras. They're owned by companies like maybe like a Lows or in different different stores and stuff to track what's going on in there parking lot in their stores. And this one website tracks all of them. And they said, you know, people could get upset because the police could use this technology in the wrong way.
Speaker 6: Now, companies are able to buy these flock cameras, like for their own use, Like you mentioned Lows. My Low's has like four flock cameras in the parking lot. Yeah, but it's up to the company that buys the camera whether or not they want to always share this data with the police or only when something goes wrong they can go, hey, we had some big things get stolen around this time.
Speaker 2: Here's a window of.
Speaker 6: Access to our flock cameras, so you can see everybody that's been around there.
Speaker 2: So I had some issues with this, and then I thought there were some people saying, hey, the website maps out where these are, and Seili and even said the website will tell you how to get to your destination avoiding all of the flock cameras. Yes, we will give you a GPS route that makes sure no cameras capture where you're going, which I said that also could be used for nefarious purposes, but at no pointfarious purposes. At no point during this discussion did I think I was Antifa, all right, I've I did not. I did not think that that was the case. But here's the CEO of the Flock company talking about all of this, the discussion that we had about this, the website that chronicles is where all the cameras are and put them on the map and stuff. Here's the CEO of FLAW.
Speaker 8: You've got organizations like the ACLU and the FF who take an above a board approach to fight for their point of view. And thankfully we live in a beautifully democratic, capitalistic country where we can fight in court and I have a lot of respect for those groups because they have reasonable debates and we followed the lag and then unfortunately there's terroristic organizations like dflock. His primary motivation is chaos. They are closer to Antifa than they are anything else, And now I think is unfortunate because.
Speaker 2: That's true. He said, the website that we're viewing is a terror Do you call them terrorist?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Terrorizing his bottom line, yeah, terrorizing, your buddy, he.
Speaker 2: Called them terrorists, and he said that they're closer to Antifa than anything else. I don't like Antifa, but I don't think these people are terrorists For having a website that shows where all the flock security cameras are. He's saying they don't want chaos. I like, I think if you do a fair reading into what they're doing, it seems like they want to protect people's privacy more than anything else. That's at least what I'm taking from this. But I'll go back. I mean, he pretty clearly said he's like they're terroristic.
Speaker 8: I think they have reasonable debates and we've we followed the law, and then unfortunately there's terroristic organizations. Terrorists like primary motivation is chaos. They are closer to Antifa than they are anything else. And now I think is unfortunate because we don't want chaos or I don't want chaos. I like law and order.
Speaker 2: States. You can't do that if you are if you're putting yourself out there and you're like I like law and order, and I like this and that, and the other people are terrorists, Like no, maybe they just disagree with utilizing these cameras and all the information out there. Maybe they see like I mean. In fact, in one county, Central Florida County Sumter County, Florida, a sheriff's office detective has been arrested and terminated after investigators say she improperly accessed multiple law enforcement databases for personal reasons. In a statement released Thursday of this week, sheriff's officials said an internal audit found in proper and unlawful use of agency database systems to monitor an individual. It was some guy she was with her husband, her husband's ex wife. Right her husband's ex wife she's looking into using the flock system. So the cop was using the flock system to track his husband's ex wife and get into what was going on in her life where she was tracking all this thing. That is improper use of this system. That is something that people are rightfully upset about, and that entire county has suspended the use of Flock cameras as a result of it. That's not terrorism, that's not Antifa. That's just like somebody has a different view of the Fourth Amendment than you do. That's what it looks like to me, at least, I don't know that seems weird. This is the CEO, though, of this company. Because society has a better rock of safety.
Speaker 8: So for those groups, I think it's just disappointing that they haven't chosen a more constructive mennerism try to get what they want, which they have a right to have. But that's why we have a democratically elected process, right, Like, we're not forcing flock on anyone, Yeah, officials, Yeah, but as a creat Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: You literally can't say that I'm not forcing flock on anyone. Yeah you are. The flock technology, by its own nature, takes information from people who have done nothing wrong. Ninety nine point nine nine nine of them have done nothing wrong. You are forcing their participation by chronicling their information.
Speaker 6: And if you really are saying you're not forcing flock on anybody. Well, then to avoid flock, you have to use this so called terrorist organization d flock, these antifa websites right to avoid your product.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that. We as a loon, we motivated. If I take this caller, will we dox them? I don't want to know their name? It says their name dabas are there? Yes, I'm here? What do you what do you want? What's going on?
Speaker 12: I just wanted to tell you more about the block cameras.
Speaker 3: And stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, tell me what's up.
Speaker 12: So the CEO actually has come out and said that they don't date people that have block cameras. Don't even know what generation they're on. Some of them now also have Bluetooth readers that will bluetooth and net all of your phones and stuff to track people as they go through them as well as there's also other cases with these flock cameras. I believe it was down in Miami Beach where she was working on a film set and officer pulled her over and like basically was trying.
Speaker 2: To is this this is like the hot woman? Yeah, like the cops saw someone he thought she was pretty and then he was like trying to kind of stalk her with the with the flock system. Yes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, And there was also another woman that had been arrested for I believe a murder or that she was like they thought she was in a murder, but she had nothing to do with its something similar to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I look, I think there's a lot of legit concerns here that don't to me. It seemed like terrorism or you know, some sort of uh Antifa type thing, So I don't I don't get that at all. That just seems like a way to dismiss your critic by calling them terrorists. But let us know what you think. Send a dispatch. A lot of them are coming through over on the website at the Newsjunkie dot com. In fact, we'll work in why like an update on what terrorism is?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 2: What is terror?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 2: How terrorism is disagreeing with my company?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 2: Like what deflock dot org just seems like a website where people are able to show where all these cameras are. It doesn't shut down the cameras, it doesn't do anything else that that.
Speaker 6: Seems that it's the closest thing to Antifa than it is anything else, I guess.
Speaker 9: So let's do one more thing. Here's insecure wall Risk. There's a YouTuber name Ben Jordan. He's kind of a I don't know what you call him. He does some hacking stuff, he does some like documentary stuff. He's had a pretty good campaign for the last year looking at these flock cameras and it's amazing how terrible they are from an IT perspective. They are not encrypted, most of them have like default passwords set up. If you can just find IP addresses, you can do like Mac address searches all this kind of stuff. And they're not just LPRs out on streets. They're in buildings, they're in businesses. He found one in like a kid's gymnastics, a facility that was owned by a city government that almost anybody could log into if they were just had a little bit of hacking skills. It's it's real weird how ter concern and who has access to them. It's not just police. It's a lot of times people in city government and they do facial tracking and things like that. It's not just LPRs, and so it's really kind of strange. All right, thank you for your input. Appreciate that. You can join us with the dispatch on the show. Go over to the news junkie dot com to send yours now.
Speaker 2: And if you want away in on the food browsing, we were allowing that too. I just want to put that out there front of the line. And if you agree with food browsing, you're a terrorist. Yeah, yeah, I mean I I well, no, I don't. I don't think that. I think if you if you agree with terrorism, you're a terrorist. That's where I'm at on the on that topic for now.
Speaker 6: If you're walking around looking at everybody's food, you're the closest thing to antipasta. Then one morning, if somebody's mad about the Powerball stuff, here's Staten island Roth.
Speaker 17: Hey, Sean shee Lane, thank you for informing about Powerball going internationally. I don't know why there wasn't any advertisements about this anywhere. I didn't find out about it till you spoke about it on the radio showing, and it makes me livid and I would like to start a lawsuit against the power Ball because there was over five hundred million dollars in that account and now as of the twenty second, like you said, they're letting Great Britain residents participate in our power Ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they shouldn't be allowed to agree. And I am livid about it.
Speaker 17: And I'm sure there's lots of other Americans that feel the same exact way, because I feel it's hard by not advertising it, because I would have stopped.
Speaker 2: Playing power Ball. Immedia me too. I'd like to know what you think, Sean. Please let me know. Other listeners, let me know, speak up, love the show. Wiggle Wiggle, pop pop. I'm not gonna take it anymore. I'm not gonna take it anymore. I've had enough of this nonsense. Between this and the anti food browsing people in restaurants, we have a serious problem on our hands. And if we don't shut down the terrorists, the terrorists will win. That's all I'm saying about this. Okay, that's all I'm saying about this. You're welcome to join us on the show today. We hope we hear from you at some point. Real passionate folks out there today. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 5: No, listen to that guy all day.
Speaker 2: He should have advertised, Sean, Why didn't they advertise break? They should be billboards on every street corner saying that the Great Britain residents can buy the power ball. Somebody said he sounds better than the TTS New York mobster. All right, quick break, let me come back. I don't know if we have time for aside here. We might have to do it after this week in Florida. But I got a really, really good one for today's show, and I want to see what everybody thinks about it. That's coming up next on the News Junkie. I didn't expect this would be like a controversial topic at all when we originally brought it up, but it has prompted a lot of discussion. Actually, this food browsing thing and whether it's right or wrong to do it. And Courtney even texted she said, food browsing at a food festival or a fair is one hundred percent okay, and it's even okay to ask questions like, hey, where did you get that from? Yeah, but this is a restaurant. If you go to a restaurant, though, it's kind of like a food fair, and there's a variety of different items on the menu at the restaurant. If you missed our discussion on this, actually a stupid question if you say, where did you get that from? I, well, that's that's a stupid question in that circumstance. But I think it's actually kind of genius. Josh thinks it's rude. I think yes, Selan thinks it's rude. I think it's weird.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's necessarily rude. I just think you're like weirding people out and making them uncomfortable by just walking around and looking at everything that everybody's eating.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna be uncomfortable now if you do it right, like if you're a weirdo about if you're walking around like a predator, or they will be How do you do it not like a weirdo? Think you go, you know, kind of siddle up to the table and you go, hey, folks, I hope you're your dinner's going well. I just want to say, some of these dishes look delicious. I'm considering a couple of different items, and as I've been food browsing in the restaurant looking at what everybody else ordered, some of your dishes look the best? Are they good? Should I get what you guys got? What do you think? Folks? Huh, it's not awkward. I'm food browsing. I'm looking at people's action plates. I'm trying to see if I want the item that they have. Explaining and losing, I don't think so. I think explaining is telling people about a brand new thing. This is a brand new thing. We introduce people to new things all the time. Sometimes people like them, sometimes people don't. Like I've got another one for you. You know, we'll talk about food browsing, which I do think is kind of a genius idea. All right, you browse, look what everybody else ordered in the restaurant, and then you utilize that as your way of ordering what you think you're going to enjoy that day off the menu. Now there's something else that I wanted to talk about, and this is from the Washington Posts. Let me see if I can bring this up here in front of me. This is one that I think people are going to be a little more divided on. But it looks like in the religious world there's a new well tactic. I guess I would say, to try to win over people and preach the gospel and spread the word of your God. And one of the ways they're taking to do this in a new world all sorts of distractions. Is now people are saying, hey, when I'm on a flight with a bunch of strangers, I have a captive audience. No, no, no, absolutely not. You guys are not for anything. You are not for anything. Leave me alone. They are saying, yeah, he says. Here's the headline from the Washington Post. Evangelists say they are heating a biblical command to preach on flights. In flight, evangelists have preached sermons and busted out guitars in recent years. Some travelers do not like this, saying they can't even walk away. You would hate this. I maybe maybe not. I'm just.
Speaker 8: This.
Speaker 2: You don't like when they let a little girl sing frozen on board the airplane. In my defense, that girl sucked. She was not good at all. That was the problem with that. If she was nailing here again, do you.
Speaker 8: Next, Clil insane and as you've got a guest, we're back on a plane.
Speaker 2: There go buy right there?
Speaker 5: That is for you.
Speaker 2: What's that? You're right cute? Yeah, yeah, that's it. That's right. Yes, this is a plane related story. On the show, I talk about things like that from time to time, but this is a brand new thing. This is what needs it needs to be an old thing quick. They're standing up on flights and spreading the gospel. You know, whatever their religion is. There's lots lots of different religions out there, and they say, I've got all of these people sitting on this plane with me. We're not really doing anything. We might as well spread the gospel to them. And they'll stand up on the plane and they'll go folks.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: For the next couple of minutes, I'm going to tell you about the Word of God, and I want you to just take it in. And God has changed my life, and I want God to change yours as well. Josh, Josh.
Speaker 6: In your multiple trips in New York City, you ever encountered a subway wrapper?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where they wait till the door's shut.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And they're like, hey, ladies and gentlemen, my name's a subw rapper, and what a great name for him. I'm gonna spit a couple of bars and if you're like what you hear, I'm gonna come around with my hat. And you can't do anything about it because you're stuck in a subway underground and there's no escape.
Speaker 2: What's better being on a subway with no rapper, or being on a subway with a rapper on a subway with no rapper, Being on a plane with no evangelist, or being on a plane with an evangelist no evangelist. You guys, seem like your mind is really made up on it. People are saying, I would boo them, You guys would boo them. What if somebody gets up and they go, ladies and gentlemen of free entertainment on this flight, I'm gonna saying, our God is an awesome God on my ukulele that I brought along with me.
Speaker 6: And so now not only am I being preached to on a plane, but I'll never be able to get that song out of my head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a It is a earworm. Yeah, is what they're doing. Now, let us know what you think about that. Would you be okay with that on your flight? If somebody stood up and they started preaching on the flight, because everybody is like a captive audience on your plane. All right, I'm on board. Now this is all backfiring on me. Allright, let us know what you think. You send a dispatch over at thenews junki dot com that happens quite a bit. It really does, and a lot of people in the religious world are saying it's the smartest way to bring in new converts to your religion. Bdmx con says, you're allowed, but break out the communion one. Yeah, right, you know, maybe you could, maybe you could sweeten the pot a little bit, and you'd say, folks, I know this is annoying, so I'm going to give you all a little something like here's a tract. You know, because you give them a gift, You give them a gift of some sort because you know that you're inconveniencing them on the flight that they paid for, but you're also trying to in your mind, better their lives. Right, You're to try to save somebody's soul is a you know, it's it's a nice thing if you actually believe in all of that stuff. I don't like being rude to people, but I'd make an exception for them. What come on, Yeah, I don't think this is going to go over well in most cases, but some of you might be okay with it. Maybe it changes somebody's mind. Speaking of flights, I might as well get this other airplane story out of the way. There was a flight diverted to JFK in New York after two flight attendants were injured. The turbulence was so bad that they were injured. I think I've got the air traffic control audio.
Speaker 15: Here on tventy four.
Speaker 17: Have you so, just when able just the nature of the medical emergency, also your gate information and uh the gender.
Speaker 18: Of the passager?
Speaker 2: Okay, offer, and we have a two flight attendants.
Speaker 17: Two flight attendin dedetermined project.
Speaker 2: You fight tenants injured because the turbulence was so bad on this flight. They ended up being okay, but out of nowhere, the plane just jolted upward and several of the people on the plane were actually injured, including two of those flight attendants. So not a good time on that flight this week. But as do you think, send a dispatcher or an email to the show. Email is tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com quick break when we come back. We got the hot sheet with Sea Lane after that this week in Florida, and then a pick aside that is maybe one of the more interesting ones we've done in a couple of weeks. Here wait until you hear this clip. That's all coming up next in the news junkie. Somebody says, is it just me or just Dylan? Your son sound like Josh a bit? You think Dylan and Josh sound the same. I don't know. I haven't really thought about that and compare to.
Speaker 19: Yeah he did that.
Speaker 2: That was a good he had a good line without it, though the rest guy if you miss that. I like the John Cena of Fathers. Yeah, Ed emails the show. A lot of eds today, a lot of eds emailing. Another one does to tips at the news Hunky dot com and says, I'm with you Sean on that Nancy Guthrie update. I would definitely pay the ransom. Imagine how Savannah would feel if the police found Nancy in some horrible way with another note saying because you didn't pay, this is what happened. Then, as sad as it would be, Savannah Guthrie would have to report on her show because I didn't pay the ransom. They did so and so to my mother. So to save yourself unnecessary pain and anguish, just pay the money.
Speaker 6: You don't want to make sah Guthrie report that on her own showal Like, here you go, breaking news story coming in. You don't want to go through the rest of your life thinking that because you chill money over your mother, you got her done in Thank you for the email, appreciate that. And then very quickly, I want to thank Wildfire ninety eight with.
Speaker 2: The gifted subscription, Texas Claudia with the five gifted subscriptions. And look at this Cyclonis with thirty two oh my god descriptions. That's premium subscriptions for the show, unlocking the uncensored secret shows and giving you full access to the website all of its features and the news junkie app So thank you to Ciclonics. That's big support that keeps us rolling around here, and I appreciate that much. Right now, let's do the hot sheet sheet. It's in news, but not like real important news.
Speaker 16: That's again I'm parting on the planet po top stories from the people on your screens.
Speaker 1: Then speakers are on the hot sheet with Sea laying.
Speaker 6: That's right, the top five stories and the nonsense news for a weekend. And it's brought to you by that mortgage guy, Dawn. And we start with it a so long a farewell, a rest in peace to a very famous saxophone player. Oh wow, you have one hundred percent heard his work I have, but you do not know his name. Oh, now that he's dead, I'll tell you his name. Plaz Johnson. Plas Johnson, the acclaimed saxophone player, died just day short, six days short of his ninety fifth birthday. He his saxophone appeared on recordings by the Platters, Little Richard Fast, Domino, Nat King, Cole, Sam Cook, Elephantzgerald, Marvin Gaye, Doctor John and the Beach Boys, just to name a few.
Speaker 2: But you know him from this recording right here? Oh is it is a yes?
Speaker 1: Wow? That is legendary.
Speaker 6: His tenor saxophone slides into Henry Mancini's The Pink Panther theme with a low, bluesy prow, giving the animated cat in the film's opening credits It's cool, it's mischief, and it's unmistakable strut. The melody was part of popular culture, but the musician behind it spent much of his career outside of the spotlight. So rest in peace to Plas Johnson, who dies at ninety four.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 6: Also in the news, some little shakeups in the prison system with this guy.
Speaker 2: Ah oh did uh huh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Diddy was involved in a prison fight. Guys he's still getting into a little bit of trouble. He got into a fight with a fellow inmate at his federal lockup in New Jersey, and after all the dust settled, found himself in solitary confinement. Multiple sources say Sean Diddy comes went toe to toe with another inmate at FCI for Dix. Things got heated after the inmate disc Diddy, who then decided to take matters into his own hands. The two got into a scuffle, started pushing each other and throwing jabs. They're told Diddy held his own during the brawl, which was quickly squashed by prison staff who separated both men.
Speaker 2: He was immediately this did he like the news?
Speaker 11: Did?
Speaker 2: He did very well with a solid left jab and two right hooks that really did the other inmate in and he looked cool throwing them. He says.
Speaker 6: He was immediately tossed into solitary at Fort Dix. It's unclear if he's still there as of this morning, but he could be facing more long term consequences. You see, he's slated to get out of prison in February of twenty twenty eight. That assumes he earns credits for good behavior. However, if prison officials feel that this was bad behavior and he was in the wrong, he could be extending his stay in the pen. No actual official word from any reps at Fort Dix because the Federal Bureau of Prisons doesn't comment on disciplinary matters or other information regarding individual inmates due to privacy, safety, and security concerns. Now over to good guys in the music industry because there are a few of them, and one of them that just stands out all the time is weird Al Yankovic.
Speaker 2: I just think all around weird Al a.
Speaker 6: Decent dude, and weird now made headlines this month for backing out of an ad for AI software, which he was getting a little bit of applause for. But now it turns out the musical satirists also turned down and offer worth at least a million dollars to perform at the Riyad Comedy Festival in Saudi Arabia last year.
Speaker 2: He was invited to that controversial thing too.
Speaker 6: They tried to get Weird out. Yankovic told the Pennsylvania publication trib Live. I wish people would offer me things I didn't feel bad about accepting. I don't think I've mentioned this anywhere.
Speaker 2: What I'm just pictured a bunch of Saudi Arabian guys in there, like sheets, like sitting around, like we need to get to a weird oled, yank because like I just seem so Eric's yeah, like all of the things that I can think of them enjoying, I wouldn't have put it's very funny, you know, very funny we had. He mentioned the costumes, he wears them. He's good.
Speaker 6: I don't think I've mentioned this anywhere, but I was invited to the Riad Comedy Festival, says Yankovic, which is something I obviously did not want to do.
Speaker 2: They offered me.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to say how much, but it was seven figures to do one show, which is way more than I've ever been offered in my life to do a show.
Speaker 2: But I just couldn't be part of that.
Speaker 6: He said, I'm not dizzing anybody that took the money, because I'm sure everybody that went there got a lot of money. I'm sure they had their own reasons and justification for doing it. But I'm doing enough that I don't need to take any amount of money if it makes me feel icky.
Speaker 2: And he said that kind of did like Shane Gillis and Weirdow. It's very strange. Did you imagine them hanging out back? The voice is terrible?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Is that part of why I didn't even think of that? Forgot he was there? Yeah.
Speaker 6: Apple TV is saying goodbye to The Morning Show after season five. Variety has learned the it was like the very first show like that was an Apple TV original. It's an end of an era for them. That was one of the very first scripted original series for the platform. Apple initially gave it a two season order in twenty seventeen, two years before the streaming service officially launched, with Jennifer Andison and Reese Witherspoon attached in the lead roles, and of course, you know the little Steve Carell action there before there wasn't any. But the sun is setting on The Morning Show. The fifth season and last season slated to debut in twenty twenty seven, and last but not least, you guys watch hot Ones at all. I go throughes where I'll watch a bunch of hot Ones and then, you know, just kind of to kill time, have something on, and then I can't believe this has never happened before. But Tom Holland is considering it a badge of honor to be the first person to puke on hot Ones. Oh yeah, I'm kind of surprised that hasn't happened before. How do you think about it? Like nobody has blown chunks on hot ones? But Tom Holland's made hot Ones history by becoming the first guest to do exactly that after completing the infamous hot Wing challenge alongside The Odyssey and Spider Man Brand New Day co star John Burnhal. After host Shawn Evans revealed Holland was the first to get sick on the show, he embraced the milestone by declaring, I love being the first, and Burnhal cheered him on with a let's go. So, I mean good for him to tell you something, boot and Rally. Is that what Tom Holland SAIDs That's.
Speaker 5: What John Burnhal says all the time?
Speaker 6: Sounds like, Yeah, I don't really know where would I know John Berenthal from besides the things.
Speaker 2: That I just mentioned dead Shane, I know that guy.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, the weekend is here.
Speaker 6: It's time to time to see what's on the streaming services for your weekend.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: If you're a Big Bang Theory fan. There's a spin off called Stuart Fails to Save the Universe, which follows the down and out comic bookstore owner from the original show. I don't know much about the original show. Was that a significant role worthy of a spinoff?
Speaker 2: What else? What are my other options?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 2: Right? If you, if you, if you're in a long com mood?
Speaker 6: Sean Netflix's cheesy small town Texas drama Ransom Canyon is back for more ranching and romance. Season two of Ransom Canyon with Josh Duhommel I actually really like and Minka Kelly, who's uh, she's good too. Now it is Shark Week and what we do know about Shark Week is they will throw anything out there that's true. There is, there is, yes, they will chum the waters with damn near anything. I don't think anything in Shark Weet gets a red light. It's it's all green lights for this. And if you like sharks and you like k pop, demon Hunters get ready kicking off Discoveries annual barrage of shark focused content. K Pop Shark Heroes will be featuring the singing voice of Hunters Zoe and Ken Jong, voice of the band's manager, Bobby, you know Ken Jong from a plenty of other things. They're teaming up to celebrate the oft misunderstood Creatures of the Deep k Pop Shark Heroes premieres in just a couple of days on Discovery for Shark Week. Star Wars The Mandalorian and Grogu is streaming for people who are on Disney plus. Masters of the Universe if you're a he Man fan is streaming on Prime Video. Steven Spielberg's Disclosure Day is now available for rental and purchase, and then they said the best of streaming this week. Jake Johnson and Mary Steenberg and team up in a pickleball comedy called The Dink about a former tennis phenom played by Jake Johnson and a divorce seeking to find themselves in a new hobby. They have nothing in common, but need to see themselves in a new light. That'll be on Apple TV on Sunday. Hey, if you have a mortgage rate with a seven or eight in front of it, what are you doing besides wasting money? That mortgage guy that wants to help you get into a refinance immediately because you're paying too much. You can get a free credit or excuse me get a quote with no hard credit inquiry today at that more.
Speaker 2: Goode guy done not come? Yeah, thank you, ce Ling. You're a bit of stalling there. You know what else is this weekend? There's some documentary on Netflix called A Toxic Love Story. Oh yeah, I saw that one too. Yeah yeah, I don't know what THEI twist is, so don't spoil it for me out there, but I heard that there's like a good true crime docuseries or I don't know if it's one off or what it is, but a Toxic love Story, which is is out there.
Speaker 6: I think we're gonna watch that this weekend. There's a lot of that content on Netflix right now. They must have gotten some sort of jump in numbers for these like uh, I'm dating the worst, the worst person, the worst divorce ever, the worst ex girlfriend ever.
Speaker 2: There's the worst neighbor ever.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, I mean the worst neighbor everthing's happening, like the Neighbors show on HBO was really good. But something about netfl Flix and these really bad relationship dramas like married to a Murderer or something like that, where it's like they have seen a little bit of success here and they are running with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like that's the case. All right, quick break when we come back, we got this week in Florida, followed by a pick aside that is pretty explosive. Actually, we've got two different pick asides for you before the end of Friday's show, and both of them are good. But one of them in particular is coming up with just a bit so all that's on the way and it's coming up next on the News Junkie. Learn more about the show on the website, which is the news Junkie dot com BIC. Thanks to everybody who is subscribing today or gifting subscriptions premium subscriptions the News Jukie dot com. God bless you, thank you, thank you so much. I love you. I appreciate you real quick. I didn't know this, and a bunch of people in chat were trying to be like, how did you not know this? Sean? I would guess most people don't know this. Josh probably knows this. Yeah, Selane might know this, but uh huh, you guys, are you guys prime subscribers, both of you? Yes? Are you okay? I saw this story from The Morning Brew today that says Amazon wants your idle hands. The company has now fused its cloud gaming platform, Luna, with its streaming TV service, meaning if you have the Amazon Prime Video app, which you get access to with your subscription in the United States, you can now play Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Legacy, EA Sports FC twenty six, and other video games right through your Prime Video app on your television. And sure, somebody said, like you can use your phone as a controller. I've been doing that with some of the Netflix games. They're actually kind of fun. Like there, I've never done any of these. I've never played any games at all.
Speaker 6: Is like, I've been a fan for a while of the Jackbox games, like with the Trivia Murder party and stuff. But we're having a bunch of people over. It's fun to like it's something everybody can do and you play along on your phone and stuff. And then I've been trying out because I saw the Netflix ones. I was like, let me see how good or bad is this? And there's some fun like party esque games that you know, all you have to do is you have the game up on your big screen and you play with your phone as a controller, or you know, various other ways. I've heard a lot of people like that pictionary game they have because you're doing the drawing on your phone.
Speaker 2: That's fun. Yeah, it is cool. I didn't know you do you play like that? Like Harry Potter is a real full on video game that somebody would buy and everything. You just play them through the Amazon Prime subscription you already have on their app. I wasn't aware. Maybe some of you are.
Speaker 5: They got good games on here too. They have Fallout three and four. Oh, do they have New Vegas with Crane? Then no, unfortunately they have New Vegas.
Speaker 2: So maybe are you going to be disadvantage Josh if you don't have like an actual controller versus using your phone.
Speaker 5: As I would not play probably any of these games with my phone as a controller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but you could probably get one, right, Yeah, you could get.
Speaker 5: Just like a Bluetooth controller on Amazon. It would probably work fine.
Speaker 6: If you have a firestick probably. I don't know about the other like like if you have a TV with that stuff built in. I don't know how that would work or not work. But I think a controller would would be a better gaming situation for sure. I'm sure some of you already knew this. I didn't know that I think it's pretty interesting. I think a lot of people are probably hearing it for the first time. Might as well make the most out of all that money you spend on Prime. Okay, are you ready to do this?
Speaker 2: Sea Lane? Ready, Sean, let's do This Week in Florida's giving you.
Speaker 1: A recap of the most grown worthy story in the state. It's this Week in Florida.
Speaker 2: That's right, the weekend is here.
Speaker 6: It's time to take a trip around the Sunshine State and to see some of the craziness that's gone on in the past seven days or so. And we start with a sports related story because it's and it's very it's very important that I tell you the date this was published, because this is the story that did not age well. But on July twenty second of this week, Yeah, the platform Calshi, their news article section of the website said odd swing towards Miami and Lebron James next team market. We learned earlier this week that the Miami Heat, somebody on their social media team accidentally posted a link Tuesday to a scheduled live stream called Lebron James Introductory Press Conference. It was dated for July twenty seventh, on the team's YouTube channel. A spokesperson explained that the Heat social team was just preparing for the possibility of James signing and mistakenly posted the link to the team YouTube page and later deleted it. Damn that shifted things in Calsh's where is Lebron James going to end up?
Speaker 2: In the NBA market?
Speaker 6: Miami led the market for James's next team at forty nine percent, followed by the Cleveland Cavaliers at twenty seven and the Golden State Warriors at fourteen. It jumped huge for the three h five area of Florida after that little mistake by the quote unquote mistake we're saying by the Miami Heat social media team, and if you bet on Miami, I am very sorry to tell you that Lebron James is indeed going to the Philadelphia seventy six.
Speaker 2: Man. Now, I don't know if this is just me, but now I'm thinking everything is an inside job on these betting sites. Like hearing all the people with inside info that trade on this stuff. I feel like people may have tried to I don't know if they could benefit from throwing people off onto the Miami side of things. And then goes to a different team.
Speaker 6: See, I haven't had enough experience with kall sheet to like go in and see past things and like see how how people shifted their bets and stuff. Like I did look a little bit at the Lebron thing, and and Miami had a huge spike. I don't know that the seventy six ers were even that big of a contender, at least not in the call Shee market. They had Cleveland, they had Golden State, and Miami jumped to forty nine percent on July twenty second before news came out the Lebron had indeed picked Philadelphia up. But I made good money on that one. Someone also lost good money on that one. A couple more things are going to be lost because for the first time in sixty years, Florida is having the two fer guys on July twenty eighth. I believe it says two people will be executed in the Florida prison system well the same day, first time in sixty years. James Aaron Duckett sixty eight to schedule the diet noon at Florida State is near Stark. According to a death warrant signed Tuesday by Governor Ron de Santis and then we talked last week about how they were. There was a couple older people on the docket, and I think the second person that scheduled for execution on July twenty eighth is this is the oldest one, the first eighty year old inmate. He was previously douled for six PM that same day. He was convicted of killing his ex girlfriend's parents in nineteen eighty six, forty years. It took hold get that now. You know how I know because I was born in nineteen eighty six. It's very very easy math for me over to Orange County, the Orlando area. An Orange County judge has granted rapper Kodak Black's motion releasing him from all bail and pre trial release conditions after prosecutors failed to file former charges within a legal deadline. You see, remember they arrested him for trafficking MDMA following that month's long investigation. Bill Renown professionally as Kodak Black was relested, was arrested. That's when you get arrested and felt up at the same time. It all hands off my Kodak Black was arrested May sixth on a felony charge of trafficking MDMA. Following the investigation. Under Florida law, prosecutors had sixty days from the date of arrest to file the formal charges. The legal team filed the sixty three day motion, giving the state formal notice. The state did not respond, so Kodak Black gets to go free, at least for now. Not going free though. In Lakeland, Gerald Cobbs, forty seven, a man arrested yet again, they say after body wash heist was reported late last month. They said three suspects had entered a store of Walgreens in Lakeland, one distracting the store clerk.
Speaker 2: This was this was planned out.
Speaker 6: Three people took part in this one distracting the store clerk, while the other filled bags was set several containers of body wash.
Speaker 2: How good is this body wash?
Speaker 6: The trio left the store together without paying for the stolen items, which were valued at nearly six hundred and fifty dollars. Damn investigators say they recognize one of the female suspects as forty seven year old Gerald Cobbs. They put female in quotes because Cobbs is known to dress as a female. Further investigation revealed he had recently been arrested by the Lakeland Police Department on an active warrant and was already being held in Polk County Jail, so he was arrested for something else and they just added on charges because they were like, hey, you you were that guy that put on a wig and still six hundred and fifty dollars worth of body wash. I don't know if it's very good body wash or they just grabbed it because it was expensive and we're hoping to flip it. But they did not get away with it. Also in Orange County, a woman faces over one hundred and thirteen felony charges. You see Crystal laws in thirty two years old. Is a juvenile probation officer with the Forida Department of Juvenile Justice, and they say the Sheriff's office reported that she accessed the Comprehensive Case Information System or CCIS to look up ongoing criminal cases involving a drug trafficking group under investigation and then leaked all that information to the drug trafficking group.
Speaker 2: Oh Man.
Speaker 6: She's facing over one hundred felony charges for leaking that court info to drug traffickers between January and May of twenty twenty six. He reportedly accessed the database one hundred and six times without permission. They alleged that she searched for active arrest warrants, identified codefendants, and leaked details about upcoming arrest to organization members and associates. She has magically come up with a million dollar bond that the judge set for her and has been relief from jail on bail.
Speaker 2: And that suspicious as hell said. They put a million dollar bond on somebody who shouldn't be able to put that much money up, and then what it just so happens.
Speaker 6: I've got the girl who was arrested for one hundred and thirteen felonies for leaking information to drug traffic just so happened to come up with that million dollar bail.
Speaker 2: So she's going to, you know, just be.
Speaker 6: Waiting for her court date outside of the jail system. Wow, we'll see what happens there. Probably going to Mexico.
Speaker 2: And Howie in the Hills.
Speaker 6: An internal investigation report by town officials provides new details about circumstances leading to the resignation of their former police chief, Michael Giddons. Giddons resigned on June third. He was under investigations following allegations that while on duty, he had sexual encounters with the wife of a man his department was investigating for a felony crime. Now, I think one could argue he was going above and beyond as an investigator here. He needed to get the details. And if I have to bang this guy's wife to do my job, it's part of the job. That's dedication, is what it is. I would say so. The nearly eighty page report states that the investigation began after complaint was filed with FDL and November of two twenty five, a Pasco County Corrections officer told FDL his girlfriend had been inappropriately involved with Giddons in the past. He contacted the woman in March of that year while investigating her husband in connection with a complaint allegend contractor fraud. He's trying to find out the good contractor fraud information man. Let the guy off, Yeah, says the Giddins of the woman exchanged text messages before meeting at a hotel where they had sex while Giddons was on duty allegedly conducting surveillance on her home. Well, I think he did a pretty good job conducting that surveillance.
Speaker 2: That's all. I mean, what else am I going to say?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 12: What a hero?
Speaker 6: And last, but not least, there's an Orlando resident shaking his head saying this doesn't sound right. A broken garage door spring at his home. And I've had this. I've had garage door springs replaced before. They did not cost this much money. No, but a broken garage door spring in his home led to a charge of more than twelve thousand dollars by the repair company Barry needed to get his car out of the Scott Berry Is the guy's name, needed to get his car out of the garage the next morning. So what he paid is what experts consider an outrageous price for the repairs. He just needed to get out of the garage so bad that he just gave over the credit card and said, fix my garage twelve thousand dollars. And so he's brought his case to Action nine for some like they do the news investigations. Then on your side, we're going to get Action nine investigates. Doug Berlin with Above the Rest garage door said, those are pretty standard springs, but they should cost about three hundred and nine dollars. That's labor and parts. The two thousand dollars price tag is a fraction of what Scott Berry was charged last month, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if he's going to be getting that money back. Guys, that's it for this week in Florida. All right, thank you, Sea Lane. Quick break, and when we come back, it's time for this pick aside. The ceiling is a cent This all up we've got. I got a couple of them, honestly, but I think this one's pretty good and I want to see what you say about it. So we'll get into this pick a side. Get yourself ready. That's coming up next on the news Junkie. It's time for a pick aside. Oh no, I told Celan I would take the theme song and download it and get it all ready. I plan for this. Thank you for planning on me screwing things up, see Lane, I appreciate that. Let's do a pick aside. This one's crazy. Seelane censored this. These folks are very angry. I'm warning you ahead of time. But here's what happened here. I want you to me who's right and who's wrong. In this scenario. This is a door dash delivery guy who gets upset because he delivered the food to the wrong house and then the house took the food and then they we wouldn't give it back to him, so we could deliver it to the right house. And I mean, in my mind, if you deliver the food to the wrong house, like you can't go bringing it to somebody else once it's been inside.
Speaker 6: I mean, food service rules would tell you that that's a no no. Like if yeah, if you deliver a meal to a wrong table, I don't think you're allowed to just go oh oh, just kidding. I think once it's placed on the table, and correct me if i'm wrong service industry people, once it's placed on the table, I'm pretty sure it's like against food safety rules to pick it back up and bring it to somebody else. It's considered tainted, right, Like you don't know it's in this Maybe the customer has to have touched it. I don't totally.
Speaker 2: Let's see what happens to see what we think. Here's the video. This is the DoorDash driver. It got very upset, delivered the food to the wrong house and then the guy wouldn't give it back to him, so door took me to the wrong house.
Speaker 5: And these people won't give me my food back. No one, damn well they didn't orders.
Speaker 2: He's ringing the doorbell.
Speaker 20: Seconds come bringing my food back before I break holders.
Speaker 4: No, I need my food.
Speaker 2: I need my food. I deliver food.
Speaker 20: I deliver food to the wrong house. I just need my food back. You go, why are you taking my food from a nineteen year old? Kids get college money.
Speaker 2: Oh, now you're gonna bring your age and yeah, you don't want to think about your age when you were ringing that doorbell real fast, like, well, I'm just a nineteen year old kid. I mean the guy you delivered it to the wrong address. People get curious as to what you left behind. They bring the food into their house and then they with the look out it like what is this? And then at that point in time, I don't think it's a grand sin to eat the food that was wrongly delivered to you might as well, right sure, I'm I guess you could call the door dash company in the suits over there and say what am I supposed to do with this? But wouldn't you think those people would be like, well, keep the food, We'll get our driver to bring another order out. That's what I would think, but he got heated. The guy popped out the front door something fierce, and then he tells this kid like you, you made a mistake. I delivered.
Speaker 20: I deliver food to the wrong house. I just need my food back.
Speaker 2: You you go, Why are you taking my.
Speaker 20: Food from a nineteen year old kids trying to get college money. I'm trying to get college money. No, I will call the police right now. I'm not trying to get I'm not trying to be disrespected. I'm trying to get my food. I'm just trying to get asked nicely five times. Can I just get my food back? And yeah, I promise you I will if I do not get my food back.
Speaker 2: Do you have any idea what This guy is?
Speaker 5: Very calm and kind of a scary way. I would leave this guy.
Speaker 2: I mean he doesn't have does he have a gun? I don't see a gun or anything, but he's up in the young kid looks like he needs no. Yeah, somebody says fake. Now it's not fake, it's legit. This is a real interaction. And he was trying to get his door dash food back from the homeowner. The homeowners saying get the hell out of here. You made a mistake. And he's saying, well, I'm a kid. What did I give me the food back so I can get it to the right location. Who's in the right who's in the wrong? List? Pick aside, no hits.
Speaker 20: The road's gonna stay right here.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you it's either I.
Speaker 20: Promise you. If I do not get my food back, I'm calling the cops. Do you understand that you are stealing food?
Speaker 11: Are you?
Speaker 13: Are you?
Speaker 20: You live in a nice ass house. Why are you stealing food?
Speaker 1: Look at this?
Speaker 2: You have pillars. You have pillars? Okay, kind of like that. You have pillars? Clearly his pillars the uh the sign of opulence, the hallmark of decadence. It's like where I come from, I have any pillars. Okay, you got a pillar on this house. But he's saying, what are you doing? You got give it back? You have pillars? You doing? Do you think he stole the food? If if he took the food inside, he was curious, He's like, what is this? He opens it up and and then he goes, ah, they may have taken eats of food. Have you stolen the food? No, I don't feel like that's stealing. I don't feel like that stealing. I feel like you're you're confused. You said, did you order something? I didn't order anything. By this time, you got your hands sort of in it a little bit. They're never gonna, like Ceiling said at the jump, you're they're never gonna take this and give the same food to the next people. DoorDash would not want him to do that after his mistake.
Speaker 6: Now, if it were like food that I ordered and the DoorDash driver dropped it at my neighbor's house and my neighbor hate it, I would kind of be a little pissed about that because you know, like it happens in a neighborhood and you should see the name on it and and go all right, this is this is not for me. But you know, I would be pissed as the person who ordered the food, but as the door dash driver that was you mess.
Speaker 2: Up, man. The mistake has already been made, right, Yeah, the mistake is done. Once the mistake is done and the people bring the food into their house, that's that You're not You're not getting it back. But I do love you have pillars. This guy has pillars. You are stealing food?
Speaker 13: Are you?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 20: You live in a nice ass house. Why are you stealing food?
Speaker 2: Look at this? You have pillars?
Speaker 20: Why are you stealing food from a nineteen year old trying to make money? Are you that much of a fucking loser?
Speaker 2: Why can't you know the liver food is the right house. It's a simple mistake. Wife waited for the ninja like moment to jump into this and look at this guy though he's just sitting there. He's like, yes, he's viling. He's got a really creepy grin on his face. This homeowner here, Why didn't you just do a good job at your job. It's a simple mistake.
Speaker 20: Everybody makes mistakes. I'm a nineteen year old kid.
Speaker 2: You can't you can't, you kid, how old are you? How old are you? How old are you? You're a freaking loser, a loser? Yeah, true pillars? All right?
Speaker 6: You just kind of like negated your loser point by telling him what a nice set of pillars he's rocking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't do that, And the kid is like gets quiet when the guy gets up into his face, and then gets loud again when he goes back into you commit in the crime, dumb ass.
Speaker 20: Come on, I'm just trying to be nice.
Speaker 2: To deliver food.
Speaker 20: It took me to the wrong house, sling did.
Speaker 2: I don't give him. I just have your old day, I promise.
Speaker 20: I don't care. I'm gonna call the car.
Speaker 2: I don't give him as old day, she says, God, All right, what do we think? Who is in the right? Who is in the wrong here? Do you side with the homeowner who got the mistake delivery and then clearly ate the delivery or the door dash driver who's trying to fix his mistake and he's trying to deliver the food to the right house. Who's in the right, who's in the wrong. It's time for you to pick a side right now? A lot of people, I think, I think, yeah, I think I think that's where I feel like people are going. I think a lot of people are going to side with the homeowner because it's, you know, a mistake that you get to reap the reward from, right, Yeah, And it's a mistake in this kid's case, you know, is he does he have to eat the cost on this? I don't know how DoorDash works.
Speaker 6: I don't even know if that's legal for some uh, for some businesses to make your employee eat the cost of a mistake like that. But I do know that there has to be some sort of protocol where you go this was delivered to the wrong house. Usually it's like, hey, you you have finished your job, even though you delivered it to the wrong house.
Speaker 2: You gotta go.
Speaker 6: And then the person who ordered the food, it's up to them to contact DoorDash and be like, I never got my food, it went to the wrong house, cancel my order. And I have had this happen where I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I got the food from the restaurant I ordered from, but it was somebody else's order. Mm hmmm, so they gave somebody else my order. I had that, and I got Cindy's order right. And Cindy also wanted Jeff's Bagel Run, which was which was good for me, and and her order was I mean, there's not a lot of variety in jeff Bagel Run. Everything's really good there. But her order was weirdly similar to mine.
Speaker 2: So just you keep it right.
Speaker 6: I kept it and ate it, and then I contacted Uber Eats and I send a picture and I said, this is not my order. I am not Cindy, and I got a refund and free breakfast.
Speaker 2: Nice. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion, nothing wrong. There's some people saying the homeowners were really rude. It depends it was coming out I'm hot, though. Somebody says it depends on how long the food was at the house for. Does it so like if the food is only in the house for thirty seconds, then then I feel like if the moment it crosses the barrier of the door, you're not going to give it to the other people.
Speaker 6: I would say the moment that somebody breaks open that little sticker that they put on all the orders, now, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you you also could have said, though, you could have said, well, you should have noticed that it wasn't yours and seeing if it was your neighbors or something. But that's not on the homeowner to do that, you know, the homeowner. It is for my neighbors to make sure that I get right over here. You know what I'm doing. There you go, nineteen year old door dash driver delivers order to the wrong house in Indiana. The homeowners refuse to return it, and there's our pick aside for right now. We do have another one in a little bit on the show, So we'll we'll get to that. Jimithy making another appearance on the news. I see Jimothy the Raccoon. Some more footage of the famous now viral raccoon who's got this weird shortened body who's taken the Internet by storm. New footage shows Jimithy Seattle's viral raccoon sensation back in May, a couple months before he found fame. Is this him? That's him? All right there? He is a little shortened little raccoon.
Speaker 11: Dude.
Speaker 2: We've got a sticker that says Jimothy says, Relax for you if you want that as your merch item, if you sign up for premium accounts secret shows access over at the news junkie dot com, or if you're already a subscriber, you can give there he is. He's so funny looking. Yeah, everybody loves this little Jimothy the Raccoon. The sticker is pretty great. If you looked out your back window and Jimithy was there, oh, I'd be thrilled. I'd be thrilled. This is going everywhere here. Somebody says, Jimothy fever has reached My grandfather and grandma said a text. He says, we finally set your grandpa up on Facebook so we could see photos of that raccoon. And then Grandpa texted the grandson, you've seen that raccoon, Jimothy. You see that rancon jimmoth Acon. That's when he wakes up. I guess, yeah, it was an early grandpa tech that.
Speaker 5: Rancoon Jimothy running around there.
Speaker 2: See the viral grand politics there. It is Jimothy, very very famous these days. So now you know. And the last thing I saw that the Orlando Police Department had posted this, and this is a problem in a lot of different cities. The Orlando Police Department posted this and says, downtown Orlando is for everybody to enjoy, including kids and families. Come out, have fun and make good memories. But not like this. Well, they haven't been downtown in a while. Reckless riding, running red lights, blocking traffic, and blocking an ambulance and other emergency vehicles from responding puts everybody at risk, including the riders themselves. This type of dangerous behavior will not be tolerated. And they show this group of these these dudes on e bikes and stuff, these young kids that have swarmed the downtown area biker gang. Well they put some nefarious music to it too, grandsons of anarchy. Why isn't it illegal? Just arrest them if it illegal? Right, illegal? I don't know there's a booking ambulances. Yeah, they're they're just swarming the streets, all the e biker kids and rather they're running a red light. They show that they're running a red light as they all go through the intersection of them. Yeah, running a red light and blocking an ambulance this time with doing wheelies like this. This ends in five seconds. If the cops instead of posting this just start arresting some of the kids, that's it, you know that, like do we do this trick where people go, oh, don't know what this new phenomenon or trend is happening. It's unbelievable that people are doing this, And then you go, well, are you arresting them for it? No, we've been really just asking them not to do it. Well, guess what, I was a kid. Once you did the things you thought you could get away with. If you thought you could get away with it, you did it. And when you can get away with it, you're like, all right, I'm gonna do it. So in the moment a couple of kids get arrested, parents start having some conversations and kids are like, I ain't worth it for me, man, I don't want to do that. Then this stops. That's it. I mean, obviously they're like they're in like a big grouping of kids on these e bikes, and you might say, well, who were they hurting? I mean, you can't have one hundred kids on e bikes swarming the red lights and blocking ambulances. The cop bike tried to get them. Oh he got one. He got one of them. Freeze, scumbag, He's got them. The kid was in the middle of doing a wheel and the cop pulled them off. The cops added whoop, whoop. That's the sound of the police to their own video. That's fantastic. This was them adding the music to this. Two of them got dragged down by one of the bike cops in downtown. All right. At least they got a couple of them bodycam footage, and there'll be people that are like, they're just kids, they're just doing the I want kids to be off the internet and out enjoying things, but they can't all be together not following the rules of the road and stuff like still a crime. They can't do this, but let us know what you think. This is just one example of this happening. It's probably happened in your city as well, no matter where you are today quick Break, when we come back, we'll do jury duty, including a story about this guy battling the irs and it's so crazy. What has happened to this guy. We'll give you the details on this man's situation that's coming up next on the News Junkie. A couple of emails rolling into the studio. Let's see what we got here at tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. This person says they're surprised at you on that pick a side Sea Lane. I'm surprised at you, Silane. I remember when that guy refused to give the million dollars back to the bank that actually deposited into his account. You said he should give the money back, but now you said the guy should keep the food that was accidentally dropped off at his house. I'm on the guy's side, though I would have been chewing while opening the door. Deep down, you're just like me, says this email or to Celan.
Speaker 6: I don't remember exactly the guy that got a million dollars from the bank. But a million dollars and a bag of taco bell are two vastly different things.
Speaker 2: Yes, they are very very different. Yes, m Ik says, or this is Mike actually, I see, I was just looking at the email address, m Ike actually, says the tips of the news Junki dot com. The homeowner is a douche in that story. The kids should wait a few months and accidentally deliver food again with some x lax in it. That'll get him, says Mike. Sure recovered, Let's see Sport says what's up junkies. The that the DoorDash kid wanted the food back so bad tells me he's the one who realized his mistake before the customer DoorDash found out. And if that angry homeowner would have given him the food back, there's no doubt in my mind that little bastard would have delivered it to the correct address like nothing happened. Thank you for your emails. Right now, let's get into it. Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 1: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're knowing Jury Duty with the news Junkie.
Speaker 2: Jury Duty brought to you by the one, the only, the missing inaction, Moses, the wit of the DeWitt Law Firm. Oh my goodness, Oh is he? Is? He here? And he's alive and he's with us.
Speaker 10: There's no way to tell. It's not the a I bought.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Moses, why everybody, he's the wedd of the DeWitt Law Firm. Glad to see you back with us. Moses.
Speaker 10: Where in a minute, Let you go, did a little stint, you know, in jail? What's happened now? I was in I was in Greece for a while, and then in North Carolina and then just got back from Boston last night.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, this guy, the global traveler here enjoying himself. I was grease, beautiful.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it was really nice, really nice.
Speaker 2: Where in Greece did you go?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 10: I went to Athens, then we went to Crete, then we went to Naxos and Santorini.
Speaker 6: Uh, Santorini is like the bucket list one for my wife. She wants to go there real bad. And I have a feeling we're going next year. I haven't even heard of Santorini. What I guess so, yeah, pillars, Yeah, you got pillars.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 10: Santuri is the one that if you ever see like a picture of grease with all the nice like blue and white roofs and like they.
Speaker 6: Have all of the like really pretty houses on the side of a cliff that ever looks like every every plot there is on the side of a cliff that just overlooks beautiful ocean.
Speaker 2: Is this because like social media influencers have taken photos and made that like a hotspot for people to go to pretty much? Okay, I mean it sounds like a good time. But Moses is with us. If you need an attorney, he's your guy. Just call MO dot com. Just call MO dot com eight hundred call MO. All right, let's see what we have for you. I want to do. We have questions that we should work in. Maybe we do it. We can work them in a bit though too, Yeah, yeah, we do. Some of them are pretty old.
Speaker 6: And then I have we have some that were from this week about the couple that was busted having sex in the car.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, okay, let me let me play this because I teased it MO, the I R S is threatening to seize this guy's farm. Here the details of what happened from this Channel five report. And this guy is in a really rough situation. Here's what happened, and listen to this. You can't get you to computer. I'll go back to that the volume. When you need help, you can't get a hold of nobody. You gotta talk to the dying computer. But when you need the help, you can't get ahold nobody.
Speaker 1: You have to talk to it.
Speaker 2: They ain't computer trul Well.
Speaker 4: They call me right before I went on television this last time and said it was settled from Marshall Bagman Dolphins.
Speaker 18: This notice sent in early July, demands he paid thousands of dollars in interest on that money. He says he never spent or risk having his property seized.
Speaker 4: I wish you'd get it straightened out and get one person to work on his students stand league letters all over the United States.
Speaker 10: I'm crying and.
Speaker 2: Preached the people to pray for me.
Speaker 18: The seventy six year old says he's done everything he can to make it run, including meeting with the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service in downtown Nashville, an effort, he says, got him nowhere.
Speaker 2: We'll put the sound effects any louder on this report. Jesus right, you could barely hear the reporter the bus driving by. But what happened to this guy, I guess is they put some money in his account, so they put they accidentally sent him a refund, and he immediately said, this refund is not correct. I don't want this. Take it back from me. And then finally when they took the refront back from him, they said, now we want interest on the refund, and you owe us money or we're gonna seize your farm. And he's like, so you made a mistake. I didn't touch the money, and now you want me to pay the interest on the money you accidentally put in my account. That's nonsense. That's what's happened doing him. Let me me it might spell this out here. I said, what are you doing? He said, Oh, I'm playing my barking Bayle on my telephone. I said, oh my god, I said, I got a little low flip phone. I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 1: It's simple.
Speaker 18: What he wants for the iris to stop coming after him.
Speaker 1: That little one.
Speaker 20: Yeah, he gets called in advance.
Speaker 2: He takes the old ones in there and can't get out more than just this reporter had no idea what she was in for with this guy. Huh. He's talking about his goats and stuff. He's like little one gets caught in the fans out there exposition. This guy hasn't had a visitor in a while. Josh, Okay, he's excited to have somebody.
Speaker 4: Videos all over and done with it. Praise the Lord, Amen, because I've cried. I'm about to cry now. I don't know one of them.
Speaker 21: I have connected mister Kirby with the Nashville tax attorney who deals with IRS disputes. They are planning to talk on the phone on Friday to see what other options they would still be available to him.
Speaker 2: So I guess this dude got this money and then he said, you made a mistake and gave it back. The government made the mistake, but then they told him that he owed interest on it and that they were going to take his farm if you didn't do this. Has you ever heard anything like this, Moses or.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean it's not as uncommon as you think. I mean, obviously it's a little bit unique here where he got a refund that wasn't correct, But dealing with IRS is like dealing with the mafia. I mean, they're gonna do whatever they want to do.
Speaker 2: Just charge you interest on it, even though it was their mistake.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, because you had the money. So now if you went to court, I mean, you could argue that you attempted to give it back and that you know, there's some some equity arguments that you could certainly make. But by the time you get to court, you know, now you're the interest is going to own crew. Even more, you could potentially have to face attorney's fees. So they cut him a check. If would the simple answer just be that he didn't deposit the check. Is it because he deposited the check that he now owes the interest on it? Here the details, So let me give you these real quick. This might change your mind. Wilson Perry Kirby is his name. You just want to do the right thing.
Speaker 2: The seventy six year old Coopertown farmer and retired department A highway department worker got a twenty thousand dollars tax refund from the IRS a couple of years ago, and he said the money was sent to him by mistake. He tried to give it back immediately, even enlistening the help of his accountant. Years later, he's still fighting the consequences they said. Instead of resolving this issue, Kirby says, the IRS charged him interest on the mind he tried to return and ultimately kept his entire twenty twenty five tax refund.
Speaker 6: Okay, quick, I had, he said, add on to my last question, because I don't think judging by this guy's overall demeanor and his flip phone and his uh disdain towards talking to the computer, I don't think that he has a direct deposit set up with the IRS. Maybe I could be wrong, But if.
Speaker 2: The here gas, if the easy answer is not depositing the check in which you never received the money that was sent to you by mistake, What if you do have a direct deposit where the IRS just wires you this refund and now now you didn't you didn't touch anything, you didn't lift a finger to receive this money, and now they want the interest back on it.
Speaker 1: How does that?
Speaker 2: How is that legal?
Speaker 10: Well, I mean it depends what action you took at that time, right, So if you wrote them back a letter immediately, you know when it was direct deposited in your account? Said, I received this money I believe was sent to me an air. Please provide, you know, wiring instructions to send it back to you or payment instructions to send it back to you immediately. Then you have an argument there that you've made an attempt to return the funds to them, and you have not benefited from those funds. You've kept them in a separate account, so that you should not be charged the interest on it. But if you just let it sit there and ignore it and don't go through the proper channels, don't document that you tried to give it back, then potentially they can make an argument that you owe interest. I mean, ultimately, I think if he gets to the right people here, you know, has a lawyer who can negotiate this, they'll probably end up waiving the interest, given that it was their mistake. But obviously it's very frustrating.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, all right, Mo hit the nail on the head there. Obviously at the end, it's somebody, as you've seen, an attorney for this stuff, Like I had a problem like this one time and MO helped me out with it. The State of Florida made a mistake with the child support that I was paying for my son Dylan, and look how you paid him back and gave away his phone number on live stream. And then I talked them so and they had made a mistake and I was trying to call them like this guy was and it's really hard to get a hold of them. And they were talking about like enforcement things that they were going to do against me, et cetera, et cetera. And I told Moses what was going on, and you know, I'll just tell you, I'm MO got on the phone with the RS and it just it ended like all of a sudden, they're not hounding me anymore. Once an attorney gets involved, sometimes they know the right things to say. I can sit on the phone until I'm read in the face. Moses knows what to say sometimes and then you can you can help out in these circumstances.
Speaker 10: Well, not only what to say with the right channels to go through, right, So they may not be calling the phone number. It may be sending them a certified letter or in a child support case and maybe filing a specific motion to document exactly what's happening. But a lot of times people don't know the right channel or what to say, and so they don't do the right thing to protect themselves, and that's where they get in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, I want to get into some more of the questions we have for Moses. We do have another pick aside that I think will be perfect to have an attorney on in fact, so we'll get into that when we come back in a whole lot more on the way as we roll into the Power Hour that is coming up next. In the news Junkie, we got a friend Mode at the Wit law firm finally joining us. I thought he hated us, I do. I thought he was sailing off into the sunset and just like he's like going to hang out with the Tampa people. Now, you know, it's like that's pretty cool over there. You got this, you got like a comedy show you're doing with them already. There's like there's a lot of signs.
Speaker 10: How many comedy shows in mind? Have you shown up to.
Speaker 2: One? I showed up to one with a virtual one. Yeah, but I was there.
Speaker 5: How can we verify that?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 2: I was there, all right, I know I saw the whole thing.
Speaker 6: I have access to the list of email addresses that signed up for the virtual comedy Jail I'm sure I was there.
Speaker 2: I swear to God. My appearance is definitely down there in the documents somewhere if you want to check that out. But okay, we got a couple of things to do. But let's let Selane play whatever clip he's gathered here for today. Let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 1: They said it couldn't be done.
Speaker 2: Then they said, oh hellujah. Jesus is great and Jesus is really good and he's number one. We all love Jesus. And I'm justin Bieber right now.
Speaker 16: It's time for the Power Hour on the news. Chunky Jesus does sound a little bit like butters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least that's better than what Sealan did earlier, because people are angry, Like here's here's what are the dispatches about this. People are mad that you did this?
Speaker 7: My God?
Speaker 2: It is an awesome.
Speaker 11: From we.
Speaker 2: Love my God.
Speaker 7: It is an awesome got everybody know God so catchy stop ear worm is gonna get you all. I love it, oh so much, my God, He's an awesome God. Okay, okay, okay, thank you sir. Appreciate you appreciate that. Yeah I did, I had I had it coming for sure. Uh you could join us on the show if you'd like to. If you have any questions from Moses, you can even call us up. It's one triple eight four four three News if you want to call with any questions for Moses to wit one Triple eight four four three News. But uh, I do have another pick aside. If you guys want to jump into this, we have an intro for Thatlana, we do. Sorry God, this weekend. I'll put it on my buttons, I swear to God. Will all right, here goes with the intro.
Speaker 12: Five.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: This went down in Tampa, your where your new friends exist. Moses. All right, this is when someone went down in Tampa where your new friends. Now this I don't know if this is one of your new friends, but weird, we're gonna find out. Such a bit man, not bitter. I'm I'm only mildly old, but that's fine. Here we go. This isn't Tampa, and it's some guys that confronted some young men selling in their neighborhood. You got to pick a side. Do you side with the old dudes or the sales kids? Those are the choices here. Let's go to the tape. Moses, you could tell us what's going on here legally as well our attorney along with us. Here we go. Do you censor this? Yeah, that's crazy to know. Shure your business cord. Oh all right, you probably can't see exactly what's going on yet. But this gentleman who is as now talking to these sales kids, he has a gun in his hands. He has a gun, a handgun in his hand, pulled out here, and he's questioning these sales guys who are wandering around his neighborhood. And from what I could tell, I guess these guys didn't break any laws. This is Charles Hoffman who approached three men canvassing a neighborhood near Gulf Port, and the men were looking to wash windows in detailed cars. So he goes up with his gun out in his hand, moses down by his side here and he says to these young guys like, hey, give me some identification, show me what business you work with, et cetera.
Speaker 15: So I don't believe this is to be necessary, but I don't I don't appreciate you come up to me that we look at a handle the WW come you're all.
Speaker 2: Going door to door? Why are you picking in house see the gun.
Speaker 13: Because there are some people without cars, some people with cars, some people don't have cars, some people do have cars, and we're are specific service is cleaning cars mobile detailing tickets to them rather than having to.
Speaker 15: Go to a shop.
Speaker 2: Okay, my car's right there. You walk right by me. Why did you stop and ask me? Because wait, wait, he's mad because they didn't knock on his door. I think he's just doing sort of an investigation here, which does he even have the right to do that with his gun?
Speaker 10: Out Moses No, I mean he's you know, depending what he does with that gun. Obviously there could be some potential issues here.
Speaker 2: Like pulling a gun in the middle of an interaction like this, or like the start of an interaction like this. It's obviously a very aggressive move and it's a threat to the people that you're doing this on.
Speaker 6: Has he breached the line between open carry and brandishing by just holding the gun or what are we thinking here as far as potential intimidation or threat Well, so far, he hasn't really made any sort of threat that I've heard. He hasn't said I could shoot you or I'm going to shoot you. Because if he does that while holding the gun. He obviously has the ability to carry out that threat.
Speaker 10: I haven't. You know, the video is a little grainy here. It's hard to see whether he's you know, I kind of aimed at him or pointed at him, or brandished it towards them, you know, so far it's been aimed down. But yeah, it could constitute improper exhibition of a firearm, depending what he's doing with it, if he's exhibiting an angry, angry or careless or rude or threatening manner. So he's really right on the borderline of that.
Speaker 2: He's got it down by his side at this point in time, somebody's asking her those bullet holes in his shirt.
Speaker 5: Holes he's got.
Speaker 2: The guy's got a very holy shirt on, folks, and he's just out there questioning these sales kids who are in this neighborhood, and they seem plenty of nine.
Speaker 14: We're coming around.
Speaker 10: We're just checking it out.
Speaker 15: Only reason why I didn't go up too as I was actually just I was just checking out the.
Speaker 2: I can tell you're checking out the homes. I wonder why.
Speaker 22: Yes, I understand, I understand how to be worried, but we don't have any bad intentions at all, So we just want to do They're very polite. Were college kids trying to make money this summer.
Speaker 15: Nothing on our record.
Speaker 2: If you want to look it up, you got idea, I want to look it up? All right, well I can tell you. Can you please put that away you want?
Speaker 1: We're not doing wrong.
Speaker 2: We're not We're not me. I feel like a lots on the street.
Speaker 4: You no, we we're not.
Speaker 15: We're not here for nothing. Like guys wanted to get some parts then and just make some money.
Speaker 2: I apologize. Why are you even apologize?
Speaker 20: I do appreciate.
Speaker 2: A chest, I might add fair point, Josh, yeah, one hundred percent. Like this guy has a gun out, so they're trying to be as as nice a plied as they can. But you know, if if he didn't have a gun, my argument would be, like, what business is it of yours? You're not a police officer. You're demanding identification for people. You're doing this. I don't know if you could say a gun point, but like it feels that way. Under duress, certainly under duress. Kids, you wentn't that house?
Speaker 7: Then you walked over there, went to a house over there, you walked over Why didn't you go to that house and in that house.
Speaker 4: You care.
Speaker 2: A problem with you're going door to door. That's one thing that's not right. There's a few that like, bro.
Speaker 7: Why do you care?
Speaker 2: What is the difference if they go to random houses or every single house, or like maybe they look at some houses. These kids are skipping houses. Yeah, you're not doing this sales pitch to everyone, equal opportunities solicitor. All right, maybe they look at the house and they go looks like nobody's home there. Let's go to the next one.
Speaker 10: I mean, I think he's insinuating their casing houses, right, yeah, yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: He's saying, you guys are trying to break into these houses because you're wandering around the neighborhood. That's why he's pulled the gun call.
Speaker 5: Because I'm with something different, I'm hard to hear it.
Speaker 15: Okay, my best said, there's a few that I have the which if there is no no car on the driveway or if there's a little bit in the front, I should not be hitting them first. I know it sounds a little bit stupid, but when it comes to either people being outside or whatever, they.
Speaker 2: Choose to have me hit the other ones first and then loop around.
Speaker 15: So it's like a little it's a little like curve that I will go in and out on the certain websites of the streets. So if I go and I saw you my app certain roads in certain houses, and then come back, it's like by number that I'm doing it correctly that house I did.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, if you guys are crownrown, I would love.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 2: The kids are being so unbelievably nice. Keeps bringing back to Josh's point that because there's a gun there, that's it's probably why this happened. But they're being nice and respectful, and this guy is such an unhinged individual that they're they're like complimenting them, like, please don't shoot us, sir.
Speaker 22: I understand, like you thought were threat, but we don't mean any harm. But we don't, I understand, sir.
Speaker 6: Nothing to do with color, all right, buddy, you're protesting a little too.
Speaker 2: He just realized I'm a white man with a gun out at these young black salespeople who are going around this day. Nothing to do with color.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 2: He just wanted to get that out there.
Speaker 22: But we don't mean any harm, but don't I understand sir.
Speaker 2: Nothing to do with cold color anybody. Everybody starts at zero and your attitude makes you go up or down. It's real simple. What does that say about? It's always ready to shoot, all right, just because you know the gun is cocked and ready to shoot. The guys like this ready sho has, always ready to shoot, always ready to shoot, all right. I believe that people have the right to have guns and defend themselves. I don't believe, maybe this is a radical position on my part, that that authorizes you to go around and enforce your own personal wants and wishes on the neighborhood. Hey, who are you? What are you doing over here and pull out a gun to do this? I don't think you should be able to do that. Now, I'm I'm saying that I'm on the side of the kids. They seem polite. I don't necessarily like people going to sell stuff at my house, but you know, so what right, I'm not gonna go out there and badger them and certainly do that at gunpoint. I'm going to side with the kids who seem polite here. See where are you at on the kids? For sure? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You know, it's definitely this guy is obnoxious. He he needs a new shirt. You need to definitely need a new shirt.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 5: I'm on the kid's side. I'll let mister Lane finish this. I was pretty much done. Okay, sorry, I'm sorry, Moses to it. From a legal perspective, it appears that this guy hasn't done anything wrong. They haven't charged them with anything.
Speaker 10: The gun wielding individual, yes, yeah, I mean, like I said, it's on the line. If they wanted to charge him with improper exhibition of a firearm, which is a misdemeanor, they certainly probably could do that. But I think ultimately, given that he kind of holds it down, it would maybe not be considered aggressive. But with the way he's talking and the things he's asking, I would argue that these kids probably did not feel free to leave at that point.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So I think there's there's some potential, you know, liability on this guy, and some potential criminal charges that could be brought if they wanted to bring them. I mean, these kids may also not want to press charges and just want to get the hell away from this guy.
Speaker 2: Well, at least in the moment they wanted to. Here's the Tampa Bay Times that says arm panels. Man demanded strangers show him ID. Police say it was legal. Charles Hoffman will not face charges after putting a gun on three college students canvassing to promote their businesses in June of this year. The young entrepreneurs carefully picked their outfits a collared shirt, long black pants, blah blah blah. They knocked on doors in the neighborhood. They encountered this guy. The nineteen year old keeps the van full of equipment vacuum extension, cord, pressure washer, and steamer. They're going around trying to get gigs to promote their business, which I happen to think is a good thing. I like these kids being entrepreneurs. I like them trying to offer a service to people.
Speaker 6: I feel like the headline here is a don't it's not totally misleading, but they're like armed man demands to see ID.
Speaker 2: Police say it's legal.
Speaker 6: Well, I think it's legal because he didn't officially like brandish the weapon, and Roses said, like, okay, it might be a little stretched to do the Uh what did you call it? Improper display exhibition? Improper exhibition of a weapon. Sure he may not have properly exhibited his weapon. However, the legality of demanding the kids' IDs, like, they didn't have to show them, show them their ideas.
Speaker 10: No, they didn't. They could have walked away. It said, yeah, bugger off, I have no interest in giving that to you.
Speaker 2: Bugger off. Bugger off where London? Yes, indeed yes. Hoffman thought they may have been attempting to burglarize residences. The report states. The deputies told him to call the police next time, and he said he would. His actions appeared justified because of the young man's suspicious activity. The deputy wrote in the report he did not wish to get Charles Hoffman in trouble. Uh, but he threatened us. We didn't know our rights and we felt rushed to leave the situation. The officers of the scene issued a warning to Speaker, Lenhardt and Salinas after for soliciting without a permit. They gave a warning to the kids. They're like, you guys need to watch it out here. Kimberly. The deputy recommended the young men wear branded company clothing while canvass thing. In an emailed statement, they called Hoffman's actions inappropriate but not illegal. The young men deserve recognition. They acted respectfully and calmly, like I feel like the cops even kind of talking to the kids like that sends the wrong message here because what they're doing, even though it might be annoying to somebody or look like they're going to rob someplace, what they're doing is actually a good thing. They're not doing what a lot of their other friends are doing getting in trouble, and what the other guy was doing is an aggressive, bad thing. In my opinion, I just yeah that one. This one's an easy one for me. But let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the Newsjunkie dot com and or it's a quick break, very quick break. When we come back, we'll get into some questions with Moses Dewitzeland says, we've got the list ready to go, so we'll see what happens with that. That's coming up next and the News Chunkie, if you have any questions, maybe you think you might have a case. Maybe you got into an accident, maybe something happened to you. Maybe you're not sure, but you got injured and you got questions for an attorney, but you haven't been able to ask one one triple eight four four to three News if you want to call the show and we'll put you on with Moses and you can ask your question if you have a question one triple eight four four to three news. We got the new system up and running. If you have a question, we'll get you right on with Moses and you can ask them whatever is on your mind. In the meantime, we do have questions that we've built up in the eighteen years since Moses has been on the show to visit us. So I think we can possibly do one of those mo one that we talked about Steil and I know this is when we planned on getting into. There was a pick aside we did this week where there was a man and a woman in a car. They were having sex with each other in this car, like outside the bar, in the parking lot or something, and the cop came out there and was questioning them. Now, the woman's had the keys in the car, I believe in the car might have been on, but they were, you know, they were doing their thing on like the backseat. You're certainly not driving. They were not driving, no, and they were, you know, they were up to other things. And the cop comes out and there's a couple of things we had questions on. But number one was he let the guy go because it wasn't his car. Okay, but he arrested the woman for a dui even though she wasn't driving it, but her her keys were in it. She was in the backseat having sex with this guy.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that how that works? Is how protocol goes? Yeah?
Speaker 10: I mean, if you're intoxicating and you're in your vehicle with your keys, you can be arrested for a dui.
Speaker 2: Celian had a twist on this though, Okay, how does it?
Speaker 6: First of all, they let the guy go, but how would they not know that he would have been the driver if somebody were driving?
Speaker 2: Is it because it's her car?
Speaker 10: Probably her car? Maybe where the keys were? Who was a possession of the keys? Who was within the Yeah, who was sitting in the driver's see that kind of stuff. What if they were both in the drummer's well, then who's got the keys shoved?
Speaker 2: So if he like, if he was holding the keys or something, then he would have got the dui potentially. Yeah, Okay, let's see. Hold on one second, let's go over to Uhi Eddie, are you whether you got a question from out Yeah, Well, I live in.
Speaker 14: A condo downtown and have an issue where over the past year so we've had our upstairs neighbor lets their dogs heat and poop on their balcony, but then they clean it by just stumping either buckets of water out on it where it falls down onto our patio, all over our plants in patio furniture. And then more recently we've had straight don poop and urine falling from the upstairs balcony onto our patio. We have pets and plants and furniture, Like I said, that are making damage from that, and I wondered what kind of legal action we can take towards that.
Speaker 2: To get into stuff.
Speaker 14: We have complained to our building management. They say they've warned the resident above us and that they keep promising to stop. But it's occurred probably four or five times up to the past year.
Speaker 10: Damn interesting, and the HOA hasn't done anything about it.
Speaker 14: You haven't contacted the HOA directly, just a property management company, Okay.
Speaker 10: I mean I would probably send a letter to the HOA outlining exactly what's going on. I would venture to guess that this is somehow a violation of the rules and regulations of the condominium association there, and if it's not, it certainly should be. I can't imagine that they allow FECs just to fly from balcony to balcony. The other thing you could try to do, and you may not have as many legal teeth here, but you could just start invoicing them every time you have to clean it up and see if maybe that gets their attention as well.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Eddie, you hear I appreciate it. Yeah, thank you, thank you, Eddie, appreciate it. You can dial us up if you have a question from oh, Triple eight four four to three news, Triple eight four four three news. See what we're gonna say.
Speaker 6: Back to the people having sex in the car or just this idea that you can get a dui in a car without driving it. In general, a lot of times it's like because the person had the keys, the person was technically able to drive the car. What if it was one of those situations And this is very like hypothetical, but like you know how sometimes you have the keyfob where if it goes too far from the car, the car won't let you drive it, right, even if.
Speaker 2: The car is on.
Speaker 6: If you were trying to do your due diligence as an intoxicated person and you just left the keys inside, but the car was on because you're trying to get some AC and there's no physical way you could put that car and drive. Would you have like some sort of case against this DUI charge if they try to give you one.
Speaker 10: Well, potentially the whole the whole thing with the DUI is whether you're an actual physical control of the vehicle. So if there's no way you can put the vehicle and drive, and you could prove that, then they probably can't convict you of the d UI. But if you're within the vehicle, you're an actual physical control of it, meaning basically, at anytime you could put it in drive. And if you think about the intent behind behind this law, it's basically that. So you know, somebody gets pulled over or are they they're getting approached by a cop, they pull the keys out and like chuck them into the passenger seat and say, oh, I was driving, I was about to drive, you know, because you know, police officers want to be able to stop people from about to you know, uh, commit a to UI. They don't try to let them go in that situation. So as long as you're not in actual physical control, meaning there's no way you could actually operate the vehicle, then you're okay.
Speaker 2: All right, let's let's see. Let's go over to this caller from Orlando. Hello, you got to you got a question from ol or what are you calling about? I do no good question from all good? Good good? Go ahead? Uh, going back to that old man.
Speaker 3: In those three solicitors, and didn't those three kids have every right to pull out a gun if they had one and defend themselves, Like, what would be the scenario would what would happen if they did that?
Speaker 10: I mean, this guy pulled a gun out on them. Well, I mean you get shot. Yeah, I mean that's a very factually specific scenario. So you know, in what we saw, at least in that video, the gun was aimed down. So theoretically speaking, the kids could also, you know, pull out a gun and aim it down in a non threatening manner. Now, whether they have the right to utilize that gun is going to depend whether they needed it for self defense because they reasonably and the key there is reasonably believe that they were in danger of great bodily harm or death. But at this point, you know, based on the video, anything more than just holding a gun aimed at the ground probably would not be justified.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Okay, there he goes. Interesting. I mean, I think people are confused because it seems wrong what the guy did. It seems like aggressive and wrong. It is he was like, at least verbally aggressive towards these kids. Yeah, for sure, Selan, what else do we have on the list?
Speaker 6: Oh, this was a fun one, but it's it'll be obvious very quickly that it was a couple of weeks old. We were talking when the fourth of July was rolling around, and they said that in Washington, d C. They were planning the biggest fireworks display in the history of the world. Like that was in the advertising advertisings that ran on this very station, and they said, biggest fireworks display in the history of the world. If they didn't break the Guinness World Record for fireworks, are they under some sort of legal scrutiny for false advertising if they don't have that many thousands. I forget what the number was that they had to beat. These guys are lying, you know, I came to see the biggest fireworks display in the history of the world. Well, what if they didn't deliver it? Would who and who would go after them? Because it was the government putting on the display.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean there's probably some some immunity there, but you know, typically the Guinness Book of World Records isn't every world record, you know, necessarily and so and if you have a reasonable belief to say that you're you're putting on the largest display of fireworks that's ever been done, then maybe you can justify that statement. I mean, we've seen some pretty ridiculous false advertising lawsuits at this point, so it wouldn't put it past me for somebody to try to bring something like that.
Speaker 6: Like when PEPSI didn't give that kid a fighter Jet which actually won that one though they did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a I think there was like a whole documentary it was. They went above and beyond on that story. Okay, we got to take a quick break. When we come back, I'll pay off that sugar Baby story, believe it or not, since I mentioned it, I'll pay it off here. Before the end the week, we'll do the final dispatches. We'll do the stories that didn't make the cut until they learn to wrap everything up for a Friday and the week that's coming up next on the News Junkie. Secret Shows as always released five pm on Friday. We got to get Moses in for Secret Shows soon. We've talked about that, but we need to make that happen. You're invited, You're invited next week. You're invited next week. If you'll take us up.
Speaker 10: On it, I'll check in schedule.
Speaker 2: It's going to be in Italy or something. Yeah. Sorry, I'm in the South of France.
Speaker 10: I gotta go to the Oligarden Culinary Institute.
Speaker 2: Baby. It is Tony Romo arrested in Milwaukee for an O w I and week shot mugshot. Looking good here, Tony Romo, Buddy, he looks happy, a little smile in his mug shot. Pulled over while driving southbound on I forty three. Got an OWI equivalent of a d w I or d U I or whatever I imagine, and they said. The arrest attention report obtained by Fox six says Tony Romo was taken into custody after performing poorly on standardized field sobriety test, booked and released doing court on September twenty First, we'll see what happens to mister Tony Romo in the sports world. Okay, former quarterback for what team? Sean form quarterback for the Dallas cowboy Boys. Look at a mia. Yeah indeed, Nick from Cape Canaveral, you're with us? Hey, Nick, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 19: I wanted to talk about the dui thing. Okay, about ten years ago. I got about ten years ago, I got a dui.
Speaker 2: Changing a tire.
Speaker 19: I had to tire off, but the keys were in the ignition, so that's how they got to.
Speaker 1: Charge me with the dui.
Speaker 2: Oh really, how drunk were you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 19: Actually I wasn't driving the car. The wife got a flat tire three blocks from the house.
Speaker 3: And I went to go change it.
Speaker 2: So I'd been drinking all night. Yeah what were you drinking?
Speaker 13: What? What was it?
Speaker 19: I was just drinking beer.
Speaker 2: But we were drinking all day. So how many are you? Looking? Pretty high? How many think that you put down.
Speaker 1: At that time?
Speaker 19: Probably around say more than twelve back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, there you go? All right. Well, every once in a while they get you. Gotta be careful, man, that's how it works.
Speaker 19: But yeah, the whole thing was is because the keys were in the Inditi.
Speaker 2: There was no tire on the car. I was not able to drive. But have you had any today?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't drink anymore? Oh okay, that happened and he's like, you have a yeah the d U?
Speaker 19: I yeah, well I got a do you? It was just time to change in my life. I've been five years.
Speaker 2: Sober, so yeah you man here. Congratulations Nick, thank you for the call. Appreciate that Josh can barely make it five days.
Speaker 10: So true.
Speaker 2: Let me pay this off here. This is in the villages. A sugar baby arrangement went sour when a young woman who apparently wanted nothing to do with the string attached of fled the home of a Florida man who gave chase and his truck, rammed into her vehicle and pulled the gun on her truck. Was not me, it was this gentleman. Look at this guy. That's that's the man that it was charged with. This David O'Brien, sixty seven years old, met the woman this month on Tinder. During a subsequent exchange of messages, O'Brien explained he was looking for a sugar baby and would pay one thousand dollars for each visit dinner and I loved to shop for you, he said. O'Brien and the sugar Baby agreed to meet for a meal on Tuesday evening the woman, who was driven to the date by three of her friends. O'Brien, according to the rest report, gave the woman two hundred dollars and took her to a lingerie store where she purchased three three items. After O'Brien provided the woman with another six hundred dollars at the restaurant, the pair went back to his residence at the village's retirement community.
Speaker 10: There you go.
Speaker 2: The woman told cops. She began to feel uncomfortable in his home and contacted her friends to come pick her up with his sugar baby. Fixing her depart, O'Brien told her that she quote should give the money back because that was not the agreement. Declining the refund request, she left the property and got into the car with her friends. He jumped in his four f one fifty, began to chase the four victims in this case, and rammed into them with his with his truck. I guess. While the woman and two of her friends fled, a male occupant of the car was confronted by O'Brien, who pointed his twenty two semi automatic ruger at him and told him to get on the ground or he would kill him. Okay, well you are that you are going nowhere fast, my friend. Now, the woman and her three friends called the cops. I guess that they were in fear for their lives. And this guy was arrested on five felony charges.
Speaker 6: I really enjoy the ads that smoking gun does for their other stories. Yeah, look at the bottom of this the fume lover sentenced as coke conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to know about ass coke conspiracy. I think we need to do the ass coke conspiracy or fire down below what we'll never know? What's what's happening with these stories? Who needs clothes when your car is filled with guns and drugs? True, true, True, Moses, it's been a pleasure as always. Thanks for hanging out with us, ma'am. Thank you, sir. We do hope you'll join us next week on secret Shows. I'm a lot too busy. We'd love to have you on. It's always a very very good time. Moses is available for you if you've run into any trouble. He's the guy who's gonna gonna get you out of it if you get injured, if you get into an accident, if you get you know, hurt at it someplace where you're hanging out shopping. Who knows you always have this instinct feel bad about calling an attorney. You shouldn't. You should ditch that. The instinct should be protecting yourself and your family and your future. That's the smartest idea. Do that by utilizing the skills of somebody who goes up against the insurance companies all the time. Right, they know who Moses DeWit is. They probably don't like him very much like us at all us our clients good, Yeah, so justcollmo dot com or eight hundred call mo. Let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today. I learned the.
Speaker 1: Following information may make you feel smarter but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 2: So don't get cocky. We come today, ladies and gentlemen. Josh following him, Gosh, you're too kinds so good, He's so good. That's very very good stuff. He was much funnier last night in Secret Shows just so you know, which will be posted five pm today for those of you who are subscribers. For those who aren't, jump on board. He had a banger niite. He was very very You should hear his impression of a corny keg. I've forgot about that.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about that this morning.
Speaker 2: I forgot about it.
Speaker 5: When I woke up with my head hurting. All I could remember was the corny keg. H yeah I did actually probably yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. I really want to go back and click it now for the sake of right. Well, we only have a minute, so all right, so we'll get out of here. Today I learned this lady right here, Madonna. She grabbed her name from many places, but one thing was the Madonna horror complex. I had not heard of this before. But men with a Madonna horror complex are only sexually attracted to slutty women or whores, but cannot love such a woman. They have a regular partner a Madonna, but they're not sexually attracted to them. That was the genesis sexually attractive. I don't know why she did that. Bo All right, thank you so much for hanging out, as we appreciate it. We're back on Monday, same time, same place, mister show. Get the podcast at thenews junkie dot com. See u