Speaker 1: It is Wednesday, March fourth, twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today, from an Iranian battleship sunk, to fresh new details on the Misty Roberts sex scandal and should people be able to bet on an impending nuclear war? Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, Tex, Sam More, Hey there Sabrina. Hello. Hello, see Leg what's happening?
Speaker 2: He Hello to you.
Speaker 1: You can join us on the show today. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to the neewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the news Junkie. Your message is rolling right in the studio in real time. How's everybody doing on oh Wednesday.
Speaker 3: I'm back pretty good, pretty good? How are you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good good. I mean there's there's a lot going on again. We got a lot of stuff to talk about. I think we'll have some fun along the way. It'll get weird y. I'm guaranteeing weird today, always guaranteeing weird. So we'll see where everything goes. Let's start by putting our ears to the ground, our fingers of the pulse, let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours and we go to a car dealership. Everybody, all right, I know you weren't expecting that. Huh, we were going this way that way. I mean usually it's an airplane.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of times it's an airplane.
Speaker 1: You know this new meme you got going on where ninety five percent of the show is about airplanes is a little heartful. Show is about airplanes a lot.
Speaker 5: I consider the fact that this is what he does to cope with his planes, and it's helping me out as well.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you it. Now got me see Lane saying like everything will be like, is it on a plane? Everything on this show is on a plane. This might as well be the plane junkie, isn't it the airplane junkie? And now I look down when I'm grabbing my next story, and if it's about a plane, I'm like, oh, son of a bitch, it's a.
Speaker 2: Story, Sela.
Speaker 1: It's gonna put another one down on the collar with the plane stories for this.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: This is at a car dealership, a car dealership where you got to be creative, don't you. You want to sell vehicles in twenty twenty six. How do you cut through the nonsense? How do you get people's attention? You take little bites of burgers or big bites of burgers, or you sell your car with a little bit of skill. And this particular gentleman, let let me see if I can give him a shout out. He works at the Chrysler dealership in Coco, Florida, and he started going fine to be confused with Cocoa Beach. They don't like it. They hate each other. It's like the North and the South. It's real bad between those two for the same reasons too. And this is how they advertise their cars at the car dealership. The guy, I guess is a really good opera singer, so he opera sings the cars.
Speaker 3: So that's how he sells it.
Speaker 1: That's how he sells it.
Speaker 4: Is this how we find out that there's not a future in being a really good opera singer.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's talented, and but he didn't end up on the stage next to you know, the fat guy, the fat lady whoever does that stuff?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: He is, let's listen in.
Speaker 7: Not real.
Speaker 1: He said by this Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat that's what he's getting into here.
Speaker 5: Is singing or is the sinking whatever? Or or just this is how loud he actually is with me.
Speaker 1: He's a loud man. He is a loud boisterous from the chest man. Yeah, it's hard he's doing it though. What's a jail break car? That sounds where you could load apps on it that weren't in the cars app store?
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 1: I don't even know a jail Yeah? I mean do they name a car jail break? Are we at like Grand Theft Auto levels of naming vehicles these days?
Speaker 2: This is what's happening.
Speaker 3: Very unreliable card for that.
Speaker 1: It's no good the challenger. So I thought hellcats were cool. They're not there. They're cool, but not reliable. No, do you know somebody with a hellcut?
Speaker 5: I just follow a certain person on TikTok who names.
Speaker 3: All the reliable and garbage cars. Hellcat was one of the main ones.
Speaker 1: Really, okay, don't get what of those unless there's a guy singing opera?
Speaker 2: How do you even sing opera?
Speaker 1: Is this? Sorry?
Speaker 2: If this is stupid question?
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen it live?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, I had not up until a karaoke was hosting last year Sunday Fun Day and Gal came in with her parents older and I'm still doing the savvy thing of like filthy lyrics and whatever else comes out of my mouth.
Speaker 3: They're like nutting her, Go do the thing, Go do the thing.
Speaker 5: And she requests Carmen carmana Karma, you know the Carmen, the Carmen she gets in front of everybody, and I kid you not, the entire bar was silence as she sang for five minutes, full blown opera and next to it, I mean, the microphone was three feet away from her and you could still hear everything she was saying. It was fantastic. And I said, I get you on the show, and she said, no, I'm leaving.
Speaker 1: Is it so different than regular singing that if she was to try to sing like a Taylor Swift song, she would suck? Oh?
Speaker 3: Like sorry, I had to go press record real quick. I forgot.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm pretty sure I nailed that nail. You know, you gotta get down climax. I'm just trying to just try to opera sing. Expect Wednesday to kick off this way, But here we are.
Speaker 3: But I got a cover.
Speaker 1: That's not me, that was not me. You you reverse auto tuned, Yeah, because it sounded beautiful when I did it. Now you play it, it's not over until.
Speaker 2: That lady sings.
Speaker 1: That's that's when it's over. Yeah, the window sales. I deserved it today one more time. Just you deleted already seen. Oh oh my god, right back to the real guy. Waterface hairs and Coco beautiful.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It feels like a car too cool for me.
Speaker 1: If if I'm honest, when I look at this kind of thing, I'm like, I shouldn't drive that.
Speaker 2: It's too fast.
Speaker 1: It does. My shirt is purple today, which which CJ. Fordes on YouTube says, Sean Watson is not a good singer. There's a guy who prank called back. Yeah. There's a guy who calls the station every once in a while. And if we talk about like, obviously great singers, this guy gets so mad and we'll go, you know it was great Queen and Freddie Mercury and be like, Freddie Mercury was not a great singer, not a good singer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think he's serious.
Speaker 4: I think the guy, Yeah, there's some seriousness there, but also there's some other things.
Speaker 1: I think the problems like is it a stew thing?
Speaker 6: Guy?
Speaker 1: Still drist to call?
Speaker 3: Nothing right now? But I'll pick an eye out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, George, if you're out there, not a good singer guy ring us up right now, we'll take the call. Triple eight nine seven eight one oh four.
Speaker 4: One's not there anymore. No, no, we stop paying for the toll free. You gotta pay for your own calls.
Speaker 7: Baddy.
Speaker 1: That's a bad sign. We're not paying for the toll free anymore. Why what, we might as well hang it up around now for seven one?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Cool, we're like two steps away from them. Haven't used a calling card to call this stage? We have hung it up in regards to the phone. We have hung up the phone, and we haven't picked it up in forever.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that's that's fairly true. Congratulations sir in your opera singing abilities. I hope you sell the hell Cat. I really think you got something going.
Speaker 3: I want to hit him up and see if you can do something for us.
Speaker 1: It's great. It's I mean down the car, hold on Coco, he's over, Okay, boniface, okay, BONI face? Is there other? Because I only saw that one? But is it like every car on the lot has Boniface. What Sea Lane hires Boniface? H I E R S. I believe so.
Speaker 5: And here's the thing this poor dude if he I'm sorry his co workers, poor coworkers, because you have people that go, I want to buy from the opera singer, and he gets all the commission because of the singing, and the other coworkers are like, I don't know what to do here, but I need to make a living.
Speaker 1: Please stop.
Speaker 4: So this is an opera joke, but one of the tiktoks of this guy says by popular demand, Nissan dorma. Oh no, really, do you know what?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: What is the famous one? Yeah? Yeah, well it's it's on the TikTok Andrew Allen, Here's is that what we're hires? Yeah, iire's okay, hold on, I've got I got another one here. This is it.
Speaker 7: They shows some photos.
Speaker 1: Road speed candy. He's kind of good way for discovered by our warranty forever. Yeah. Yeah, well there you go. Congratulations by your cars from the opera guy, I guess. And now you have my beautiful voice to match with him, and opera is my thing. I didn't know it. I didn't that one is it's a slight burden now because it just happened. But if I'm talking like five years from now, and I go and I'm like, look, guys, I can sing. I used to be in a band. I you know, I was on the stage I played in front of I was in a ska band and a punk band. And I like, I can sin. Trust me on that up. And then the clip hits me.
Speaker 10: Just okay, okay, all right, the next hour, please me.
Speaker 1: The problem is no auto tune and no beat is going to help that. I don't si there's any fixing that Tips of the neews Junkie dot Com after yesterday's show where Misty's got it hard and not in the kind of way they like necessarily, but one seemed to the people named Misty because there is a woman we'll get, We're gonna do an update on her story today. Involved in this huge sex scandal, Misty Roberts. Her son caught her in the pool with his sixteen year old friend having sex and then she said, we lie till we die. That was her friend, I think said we lie till we die, Okay, And they got together and they were doing a whole cover up, and this woman was a freak. And I said, a lot of misties are weird. They're like this another Misty Emailing. After hearing the explanation as to why you wanted Mistis to come forward, I felt like Homer Simpson going back into the shrubs. This person says in defense, I'm pretty low key, so much so that people I know think I'm secretly in the CIA or something. But yes, it is true. As a misty, I'm not a prude. Men have told me I am a machine all right, well.
Speaker 2: Really, but everything else I disavowed.
Speaker 1: Not a troublemaker for Realsi's says this Missy over to Missy or Misty, Misty, excuse me, Missy, that was an actual missy over to Delbert Emailing the show.
Speaker 2: Tips to the Neewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: I spent sixteen of b twenty years in the Air Force, flying on EC one thirty e's. I retired in two thousand and five. He's talking about the discussion about Iran and all of that stuff. The modes and codes identified you as a friend or enemy. The modes and codes rotate every twenty four hours. US air crews are current and update and rotate codes on time to make sure US aircraft don't get shot down. So he's talking about how and it came out, I have this somewhere here. It came out yesterday that it was a Kuwaiti fire jet fighter jet that shot down those three F fifteens. One dude in a fighter jet in Kuwait says he accidentally shot down three American F fifteen's, costing US about three hundred million dollars. He right, a lot, a lot of moneies, right, And the story was he I'll give you the details before I get to the rest of the email. The story from the Wall Street Journal says a Kuwaiti fighter jet mistakenly shot down American F fifteen's. Initial reports said a Kuwaitifa eighteen fighter jet was the cause of the accidental shootdown of three American F fifteens on Sunday. According to three people familiar with initial reports of the incident, one FA eighteen pilot launched three missiles against the US aircraft. According to a US official, all three US aircraft went down, but the pilots ejected safely. Was just a miracle, miracle that these people didn't die. The incident occurred soon after multiple Iranian drones penetrated Kuwaiti air defenses, with one striking the Tactical operations center at a commercial port and killing six American service members. Accorded to a second person, Kuwaiti officials were on edge when the radars detected the jets flying in and that the pilot was like, is there more drones?
Speaker 11: Are?
Speaker 1: Are they gonna go after the Americans? We must save the Americans. Boom bomb bomb, And they fired instead of on more Iranian drones, on three American US aircraft F fifteen's, each of them carrying two pilots, and shut them down. A US Central Command spokesperson declined to comment. The incident's under investigation. Official cause of the crash could change. But Delbert is talking about how this all works, and I'm like, shouldn't they have known They're using Patriot defense missiles probably American built planes, who knows, and firing on American built planes and there are ally how do they not know any of this stuff? So he says, US aircrafts are current, update and rotate codes on time to make sure they don't get shot down. Since the Kuwait's fired, I can guess they didn't load the right modes and codes, and they showed up on the radar's enemies. From what Delbert is saying, you have like a pop up display in your fighter jet and people literally show.
Speaker 2: Up as good guy or bad guy.
Speaker 1: Nice like, there's like a little icon for good guy or a bad guy. So way, where are the show didn't load the codes and modes? I don't know, but if you add one more to that, I think I might explode. No too far. Other basic information. All US aircrew member, pilots, navigators, load masters, aircraft.
Speaker 2: Controllers, all those people.
Speaker 1: They must They must wear a flight suit and complete land and water survival courses to survive situations like this. We all must carry nine millimeter handguns. You have to know first aid, survival techniques, all of that stuff. Happy to answer your.
Speaker 4: Question, is the nine millimeter handgun just in case they can't read the blood, it's.
Speaker 2: A poison pill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably like a lot of people who don't look like they like Americans on the web.
Speaker 5: Give them one nine milimeter and the other gun shoots out a sign like the old cartoons that also and their language tells them please don't kill me.
Speaker 1: Last one for now, Jack emails the show. He says, I'm listening to the beginning of the podcast from Tuesday, and you started talking about something for Monday, but there is no Monday podcast. What gives. I'm an avid daily listener for over five years. Where is my show? Says Jacks A. Sea Land also pointed that out yesterday, and I guess, in the mix of eight billion things I had going on, I forgot to post a podcast on Monday, so I posted it as the missing show. So both of them are up now, so you should be good to go. Podcast peeps, let us know how that rolls on your end, hopefully all as well. All right, quick break. When we come back, we have a loaded up show. They shot down a battleship. They sunk a battleship, first time since World War Two? What the hell?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what actually happened with that. We'll get into that. Then we got a crisis in the power company world. Utility workers on edge because of what happened with are their peers. I'm gonna play the audio of one of their peers making what may have been a massive mistake. It's going to rock your world. And that is coming up next on the news junkie a bit of a choice ahead of you here. I'm going to see Len and Sabrina give you a decision to make, and well, you know, choose your own adventure here on the show. Do you want an update on the burger war that we are currently chronicling, and that is between McDonald's and Burger King when the weirdo you're talking about it like it's a new thing, like they've just started fighting, Well, they just started fighting in this way, and the McDonald ceo took that tiny weirdo bite out of the burger and then Burger King ceo, who pretended to give out his phone number last week or whatever, he decided to fight back and take a big bite out of a Burger King burger.
Speaker 2: And I have an update on that front.
Speaker 1: Or a utility worker who is caught in the most insane situation that I've ever seen in my entire life. We have alsion.
Speaker 5: Between and I understand the prop for the first proposition, but what.
Speaker 1: This is a guy blowing up? This is a it's it's mine. Below the representation of your options are a tiny little happy meal box for McDonald's obviously, and then a little garbage pale kid whose head is blowing up to show you that something went wrong with the power guys. And we're going to need a decision. Where should we go to the McDonald's update or to the power company failure utility lineman makes a bad move update? All right, Sabrima.
Speaker 5: These are two very very tempting options. Sexy, yes, But considering that I know the backstory and I'm not wholly interested in the update, I'm gonna go with the.
Speaker 3: Was it garbage bil kid exploding?
Speaker 1: Okay? Utility worker utility worker accident? All right, utility worker accident.
Speaker 4: Well, this is awkward because I choose McDonald's versus Burger.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, guess who's the tiebreaker?
Speaker 12: Me?
Speaker 1: I'm the tiebreaker game, and we're going to the utility worker guy who made a big mistake, and i's before the break.
Speaker 2: No, no, there's no prizes.
Speaker 3: Held it up like a surprise.
Speaker 1: I know, but nobody gets it. I get to keep both of them. There's a little items that stay around here. Uh and this says utility worker rushed to the hospital after falling from a bucket truck. You guys know what those bucket trucks are like when they're fixing the wires overhead, and it's like a little crane truck and there's a bucket at the end that they.
Speaker 2: Stand into work on things.
Speaker 1: And the Baton Rouge Fire Department in Louisiana says a mechanical failure caused a problem and next thing, you know, the bucket where the guy was hanging out caught on fire. The bucket he was in caught on fire, and somebody captured this, oh gosh on video and I didn't even know this, but thank god. When they're in those buckets on the top of these utility trucks, they're strapped in there. So when the utility bucket caught on fire, the guy hopped out and he was dangling from the restraints that he had, and you could see the whole thing is engulfed in flames.
Speaker 4: This is.
Speaker 1: So weird.
Speaker 3: Guy, Why is he moving his legs so much?
Speaker 1: He's just because he's I think he's really heating up for from the from the fire there. But can can the truck not let him down? Could they not maybe that with like lock controls.
Speaker 3: I believe we're in the.
Speaker 1: Bucket, Oh no, are they they're not controls on the bottom too. I think there's both well, get down, yeah there. I mean, there are probably three or four utility workers on the ground, folks, and obviously I'm going to put this on see it now for those of you want to take a look. But the utility workers on the ground aren't like lowering the bucket down, and this poor guy is just dangling as the bucket truck is on fire from this accident that happened, and then he then he ends up dropping. He ends up dropping to the ground. I'll give you the story the details on this in just a moment, but let me get a snapshot for see it now real quick, so everybody can look at the visual on this, as per usual on the show, if there's something that we are talking about that is a visual, and I know you're listening almost all of you to the show right now on this fine radio station or even podcasts, I want you to be able to see when a utility worker bucket accident happens. That's how I hide that. I'm typing the title of it on See it now in the moment, nobody would have known. Just absolutely brilliant stuff on my part. But it's up over there so you could take a look and you see the predicament that this guy got into. And I'll give you the details here in just a second. So on the see It Now section of the news Junkie app as we look at the story itself, here it is. It says person injured after falling from burning bucket truck. Officials said. This is from WAFB and they said one person was rushed to the hospital after falling from a bucket truck that caught fire yesterday. Emergency officials said the person was taking to the hospital with serious injuries. According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, a mechanical failure caused the fire in the bucket. Then police responded to the scene afterwards.
Speaker 4: Didn't we have another bucket truck issue, like a handful of weeks ago, did we, like somebody hit one or somebody had a thing like that.
Speaker 1: Somebody's saying it caught fire because an electrical wire touched it.
Speaker 2: That's not what they're saying here.
Speaker 1: I mean, it just says that there was a mechanical error of some set. Maybe that's what happened. Maybe the wire touched and I mean that obviously could be a spark of it. Let's see what this says, here's this. This is just from the scene afterwards. Hear that, Yeah, he's like a camera guy just chit chatting in the background, called that to the scene. In the background, the bucket truck has been moved to the ground, thankfully. But I think what happened was the bucket truck guy, his utility bucket truck thing that he's way up in the air on catches on fire and then he wants to get away from it, so he has these safety harnesses and he jumps off and now he's hanging from the bucket truck. And when he's hanging from the bucket truck, he also has another problem because it's still really hot above him and below him. There was a fire down below them too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a fire on the ground too. So this guy is just, you know, it's really in a tough spot and we've got to figure out what to do with him. So I think he unbuckles himself from the harness and drops to the street afterwards in Baton Rouge. Just absolutely freak accident. And yeah, I mean there's a lot of different stories about this. Here is wb r Z talking about this as well. Let's see if they have any other details.
Speaker 13: Also breaking, Evangeline Street in North Foster are shutdown at this very hour. Crush, a reporter on the scene says that it appears that a bucket truck made contact with a power line. One person was taken to the hospital, but we have not received an update on what their condition is. We'll post updates as soon as we get.
Speaker 3: Them into the newsroom.
Speaker 1: All right, everybody's got theories on what happened to this guy, but none of the stories that I've seen give any sort of confirmation on what happened him afterwards. I hope he's okay. I don't know if he's in for a payday or not. But if you've got a dangerous like this, I'd love to hear from you, because I'm not doing a dangerous job right now. But man, am I reading about him? I see this. I see that there was a guy on The Deadliest Catch who show lives up to his name. He falls off one of those ships. I used to watch that show years and years ago, and a guy died on one of those those crap boats out there.
Speaker 3: Did you catch anything?
Speaker 2: I hope he got something beforehand.
Speaker 1: But the guy, you know, he was in a terrible accident out there and see him fell into the water, I guess, and then this guy's out there getting her. It just reminds me of how fortunate we are to have a pretty, you know, very safe job, I guess you would say. But we'll hear from those of you not doing one of those today, send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, we'll save the McDonald's story because it is a break through story, just a massive banger. Instead, we'll talk about that tiny little story over in Iran where they just sunk a battleship. Like we're literally sinking ships. It's something that hasn't been done in warfare since World War Two, but we're sinking the battleships out there. They even have some footage here for those of you watching, and I'll put this on seat now as well.
Speaker 2: I'm watching.
Speaker 1: All right, there's a battleship, an Iranian battleship on the water. As a US submarine takes sight of it, boo blows the front completely off of the battleship direct hit. Sunk your battleship. Except this is real life. This is a real life event that was happening caught on fire afterwards, and they sunk to the bottom of the ocean. This particular ship, that initial blast from the torpedo I'm imagining, is just wild to see.
Speaker 2: And again I'll put this up over on see it now.
Speaker 1: But did it surprise you that we haven't had a ship sunk like that since World War Two? And it's Pearl Harbor maybe or other parts of World War two. I mean, I guess throughout World War two. Do do a fact check on that ceiling and see what else we can find out.
Speaker 5: But so what is the reason why in the sense of since then and we just avoided it? Well, people engaged in some sort of battle, like we're just gonna do with drones or capture the people on the ship. Why was the decision made for this to just completely sink it?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, obviously, I know when you face off in a war and they see the ship and the ship is by the sub there and there the US is at war with Iran, they're like, well, it's not us for them, so we're gonna do this. But why hasn't that happened? We've all the wars we've seen recently have been ground wars mostly or air wars. And here we are, because Iran is nestled into an area with actually some some waterways and oceans where the naval ships can go and battle each other. Maybe we're going to see more of this crazy Though.
Speaker 4: Dag Millionaire said they didn't use subs in Pearl Harbor, I know that I don't think we're limiting to the use of just submarines in this situation. I mean, I know that the video we showed was you know, it was another ship, but the last battleship sunk in combat were all Japanese ships.
Speaker 1: The Haruna and the Huga.
Speaker 4: When was that, Well, you're both destroyed by US aircraft on July twenty eighth, nineteen forty five, at Cure, Japan. Last battleship destroyed by another battleship eighty years ago was the Kirishima on November fifteenth, nineteen forty two.
Speaker 1: You know what, The thing about that that you might not consider, that that comes to my mind immediately is if you're the parent of somebody in the Armed Forces, let's say from our perspective, in the you know, the US Armed Forces, and they're deployed on a ship somewhere. This means you have had the peace of mind of thinking that they've been relatively safe because there hasn't been ship to ship or sub the ship combat like this right in a very long time. And now they're shooting down ships, they're bombing ships, they're using subs to take down this Iranian ship and various other ships in their their naval fleet. And so obviously that means this is open for the inverse of this to happen. I imagine a lot of parents who have kids that are deployed and on one of these ships are feeling that, oh boy, that's a big change right there. In fact, I see some people on chat talking about this exact situation. The deployment on these ships is no longer as safe even though you're you know, you're in an active military zone no matter what, but not as much as it would have been. And with that, let's take a look at they've released the names and identities of the four US soldiers killed in the attack on Kuwait. Always good to put a story behind the people that you lose in situations like this. Three men, one women who died at this place in Kuwait. They're going to look into this more. I've heard that maybe the place they were staying wasn't fortified as much as it should have been, and there's some questions about why exactly they were there. But these are the four soldiers that they've announced were lost, and they also told some information about them in some of these stories.
Speaker 3: So one of them was from central Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of them was. Yeah, one of them absolutely was. And their names are Captain Cody Cork thirty five of winter Haven, Florida, Sergeant first class Noah Teachin's forty two of Bellevue, Nebraska, Sergeant decland Cody twenty of West des Moines, Iowa, who was posthumously promoted from specialists. And there was one more who was a Nicole Amore, Nicole Amore, Sergeant first class Nicole Amore, who was Oh god, damn man. Hate hate factoids like this. It makes things real, which is important, you know, it's important that we understand what's going on here. The casualties on the US side are incredibly low so far, but you know, remember there are people involved here. This woman that you can see if you're watching on the stream a more. The tidbit about her that they put in the Associated Press article was Sergeant first class Nicola Moore was just days away from returning home to her husband and two children when a drone strike at a command center in Kuwait killed her and five other US service members. She was almost home, her husband, Joey Amore said, from their home in White Bear Lake, Minnesota. You don't go to Kuwait thinking something's going to happen, and for her to be one of the first, it hurts, he says. Amore was one of the first of four US soldiers killed in the Iran War on Sunday and identified yesterday by the Pentagon. But those are the people behind the numbers that you're hearing so far. Let us know your thoughts on all of this. Supports, don't support all of that good stuff. How are you feeling about this so far? This is a place not only where we talk about everything happening viral in the news, but how you feel about it. And I've got a video that's going viral right now from somebody who is a wife of a soldier, and they have some opinions, and I think they're interesting, and I want to talk about where that's coming from. I'll let you hear that viral video that's popping off right now, and you can decide what you think about it, because that is coming up next on the News Junkie. One thing that's got a lot of people talking is a woman made a video and it's the wife of a member of the US military.
Speaker 2: And obviously, you know, like there's.
Speaker 1: A war going on in Iran with Israel, and Iran is bombing everybody around them, and you know, there's a lot of stuff happening on that front. And this woman, who is the wife of a member of the US military who's deployed in the Middle East, she went on TMZ and was complaining about this. She was complaining about the war, she was complaining about her husband being involved in the war, and she was making things pretty political, and a lot of people were pushing back on that. In fact, I see it in the post here that has almost a million views that I'm looking at. It literally calls it shameful and inappropriate that this woman who's the wife of a member of the US military who's allegedly over in the Middle East somewhere right now, is complaining about it. And I'll play the clip for you first and tell me what you think. And just like generally speaking, a lot of people get upset. They're like, Wow, you're a wife of a service member. You should not be talking bad about the active conflict that's going on. You should not be doing this, which I don't understand because honestly, I think anybody who's got actual skin in the game, those are the only people I really care about having any opinion on this. It doesn't sway me much because something is either right or it is wrong. It's not wrong because the wife of a soldier told me it was wrong. It's not wrong because this woman who could lose her husband said it was wrong. It's wrong because it's wrong, or it's right because it's right. It really doesn't sway me either way. But as far as people having opinions on this, shouldn't I care more about the person who has a loved one in the war zone than like some weirdo online like or some like warhawk who's never fought in a war or sacrificed at all in their life. Like for me, I think their voice would be at least the one that you would go, Okay, she's got some feelings. Maybe she's making it political, but whatever, at least she's connected to this.
Speaker 14: So here she is, let's listen to She's also not and I will say, more than any other decision that any commander in chief has made.
Speaker 1: In his entirety being in.
Speaker 14: The military, more service members are being vocally upset about this than we've ever seen before. But it is very obvious to a lot of service members and a lot of military families that this has nothing to do with protecting Americans. This has everything to do with distracting from this administration's dismal performance at home. And what we aren't okay with, what my husband isn't okay with, is risking their lives to serve that distraction.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there she is. This is the vera. She's on TMZ. I don't know why TMZ connects with this lady, but whatever she's on TMZ, she's got every right freem of speech to say whatever she's want wants. The only thing I do take issue with in this is you got to stop speaking for other people. Speak for yourself. If you want to speak for your husband, I think people will be okay with that. But when you start to say, like what I'm saying is representing a majority opinion, basically like, I've never seen this many people coming forward and speaking out against the war. I've never seen X, Y and Z. So she's kind of like, in a way, using her and how her husband allegedly feels to kind of represent a larger movement within the military, which may or may not be true. We didn't have to sort that out. What I'm saying is, if you're going to do this, I think generally speaking, you should speak for yourself. You should say here's how I feel about this, here's how my husband feels about this, and not go any further out than that.
Speaker 5: But I mean, also, if he's out there and now is going mega viral, are you not considering what it's going to be like for him, what all his buddies find out what his wife's doing back in the States.
Speaker 1: Well, if she's right, I guess it would matter, because she's claiming like him and all his buddies are against this and like her. Her argument is that they all sort of feel this same way, which again I don't know if that's true. She's speaking on behalf of a bunch of people who she probably don't even really know their opinions. But otherwise it's like I guess, I guess that's true. It could make the person a target, although I don't know why Iran would want to target somebody who's kind of helping them out in the propaganda war. She goes out with her name. She says, I'm Kendall Brown. She says, I'm upset. My husband's upset about this attack on Iran, and it's called shameful and inappropriate, and people just generally speaking are kind of crapping on her. Now there's some people defending this, which I think is the right move. Somebody says, what's shameful about this? It's free speech. We're literally in a war because most of us voted for Trump because he promised he wouldn't be there wouldn't be any more wars. And then the person who posts this responded, you're missing the point completely. Regardless of one's opinion of the war, a service member's wife shouldn't be going on TMZ to share his opinions for millions to see, and now he will probably be in trouble. Another com military families are allowed to be scared when your spouse is deployed in a war zone. Politics hits different. It's not just headlines it's your real life, which I tend to side with that. I think that's scared.
Speaker 3: Yes, But she's coming off like she's annoyed.
Speaker 1: She's coming off as she's fully not supporting her, and she's she's not supporting the reasoning behind it more than anything. She's she says, we think this is like a wag the dog situation, which if you don't know what that is, it's a distraction, like a president's not doing well, so you start a war. And she's saying the reasoning for it is, we're not supportive of this at all, is it?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 1: They're saying, like, think about what her husband getting in trouble? Is that allowed? Like could he like legally face retaliation for some stuff that she says?
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I would think unless it's like privileged information, now that would be something he would get in trouble for. But if it's just her speaking her mind, she did kind of speak for him, but you know, maybe that's maybe that would factor in. But I think, like, wouldn't it be a violation of her free speech if he was to be punished for what was in the video?
Speaker 1: Maybe to piggyback onto that Selean and Eddie says, the free speech argument is for those ignorant and military standards. So I'm willing to defer to somebody who's been in the military and who's an expert on a topic like this, where you know, I don't know, I'm willing to defer to that. I'll ask her she's not in the military. She's not in the military, so she can say whatever she wants. As far as I'm aware, I don't see anything that would restrict the family member of a service person from saying whether they agree or disagree with the war that that their family member is engaged in. That would be anti free speech. I don't know about if you are a soldier, if you're allowed to do this, Like there could be rules against a soldier posting on TikTok and be like I'm over here and Iran, what the hell get me out of here? Like I could see that that would be something that maybe you couldn't do. But this is the wife of a well. She says that she's a wife of a member of the US military who's deployed in the Middle East, and she's complaining that her and her husband are upset about this. The only issue I really take is that she's acting like she's speaking for more people than her and her husband.
Speaker 2: You have the right to have an opinion.
Speaker 1: You have more skin in the game than any of these losers on x dot com or any social media platform. You have the right to have an opinion about this. I might agree with your opinion or disagree with your opinion, but this is sort of the economy of opinions that many of us have lost. And I hope I'm not talking about you, but I might be. This is the economy of opinions that we have lost. Where you should go. All right, I disagree with that person, but I mean, her husband's serving in the Middle East right now, I can understand why she might have opinions about this. The alternative to that is that we just go around and whip all these service members families and make them have the same opinion. I'm the one against pushing people socially or otherwise to have the same opinion. Different opinions are okay, especially somebody with skin in the game like this.
Speaker 2: So I want to know what everybody I disagree.
Speaker 15: Get out of here.
Speaker 2: I want to know what everybody thinks about this.
Speaker 1: Doug says military spouses are not military, no matter how much they try to say they make the sacrifice too. Soldiers, says Eddie following up, are definitely not allowed. Some idiots do it anyway. A zeph speaker Zephas Spiker rather on YouTube speaking now says, join the military and lose rights like free speech that you're in there fighting for in the first place. Yeah, I mean, yes, yes, a little bit like if you are a soldier in the military, you are.
Speaker 2: Going to lose rights, You are going to lose things afforded to you.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, you can't say freedom of speech for every soldier because that doesn't work in war. You can't like, oh, all of them should be able to have cell phones and post their own personal opinions to TikTok. That would be a propaganda gold mine for every enemy that we ever have. As if we don't have enough of those for people because of the discourse in the United States of America, that would be a problem. But the family members say your piece, man, say however you feel, do your thing. You got feelings on this, Your husband might not come back. We just heard from the first four people that they announced that were in Kuwait in this place that died. We heard that one of the women, the husband was upset because she was just about to come back in a matter of days and she was in Kuwait and he didn't think she was in any danger and she has a kid and so she didn't get so like those people are allowed to be mad, They're allowed to be upset. But I do want to see what you think about this. Send a dispatch over at thenewschunki dot com or email this show tips at the news junky dot com. Run behind quick break when we come back. I have a question about something they sell at gas stations and this is a weird one. I've never heard of this products, but you have to stay away from it otherwise there will be big, big problems. What's going on that's coming up next on the news Junkie. I have a question for you. The question is this, have you ever, in your entire life purchase any pills or potion from gas stations? And I asked you this question because there is a news story related to this, which we'll get into and we'll get back to serious stuff and everything else going on in the world of viral news. But right now, a bit of a side quest here, and when I said to chat during the break, have you ever bought a pill or potion that they sell at gas stations? You guys, a shocking amount of people have purchased one of these things from these gas stations. In our chat right now, I said, what have you bought? If you bought it, they're saying stackers, rhino pills. I think a lot of them are actually sabrina. Yeah, and then a horny goat weed is one of the things that they heard of, Harney goat weed. Yeah, but have you ever bought or or taken anything from the gas station like that?
Speaker 7: Me either? No.
Speaker 1: I think the.
Speaker 4: Closest thing that I've like bought from a gas station that would be in the realm of some of the things they sell there that I kind of am sketch about is like the old five hour energy drinks.
Speaker 1: That I've done, but I don't count that really that feels to mainstream. It's but it's like it's in that same section of the gas station. It's I mean, they're pretty.
Speaker 7: Close to the Horney goat weed.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't counters like this.
Speaker 1: Somebody had chat says, I bought some advil from wah Wah ones. That's not what I'm talking about. The pills and potions that are from these sort of nefarious mostly Chinese companies. Some of you were saying, kreat them, Spanish fly. You guys have done these things something K no no spice K two K two. Somebody says, I've never purchased anything like that. That they sell these like little nefarious pills and potions at the gas station. But there's a lot out there. And I saw one in the news today and I go, well, I don't know what you expected. I I I don't know what you expected. Here's the very real story in front of me for those you watching on YouTube dot com. Slash the news job. It says in the in the headline, chocolate syrup boner bears has been recalled nationwide due to a hidden drug. And I mean, some of you out there are buying boner bears here and it's a chocolate syrup. What is that like you having dessert beforehand and you put a little on there and then oh okay after or is this during you put the chocolate syrup on your partner. I am thrown by.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've ever seen an FDA warning against any of those gas station things.
Speaker 7: No me either.
Speaker 3: What does that say about?
Speaker 5: Are we in a good place now that the FDA is looking out for us for realsy's or this is so bad the FDA decided to make a public statement.
Speaker 1: Let's see chocolate syrup boner bears recalled nationwide. It says because it contains a male sexual enhancement drug. Well, I would imagine, yeah, but one not's not listed on its product label. The story from Picks eleven in New York City says Lockout Supplements of Texas issued a voluntary recall because the product contains and sildenafil so dentifil, commonly known by its brand name viagra, But the real viagra in this stuff now is often used to treat a rectile dysfunction. FDA approval of VIAGRAA is restricted to use under the supervision of a licensed healthcare professional. So they're basically selling seldentifhil without a prescription. Yeah, yeah, you just buy this stuff. FDA approval of VIAGRAA is restricted to you and your doctor and you get a prescription for it. But this is something that you could just go buy at like a grocery store or like a gas station.
Speaker 5: So is the FDA mad because they didn't approve of the same exact thing that they approved prescription.
Speaker 1: Wise, the FBA FDA is mad because you're not supposed to be able to access this thing without a medical prescription, right, And the company just went and took it and put it in a product called Boner Bears, which I'm looking at right now, an accurate name. It's got two bears, one on top of the other bears you might imagine, and and single dose. It does say eighteen plus. Why is it explain this to me? You can buy gas station pills that contain well, gas station potion in this case, chocolate syrup that contains medicine in it, that contains something you're supposed to have a prescription for, and it has cartoons on it. But vapes can't use any kind of cartoons in them, or are there?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think the argument has made that they were doing this on the fly against the will of the FDA, same thing as vapes would.
Speaker 1: Across the board. Well, this is like a real Texas company that made it. Though customers who believe it may purchase the item are yeah, that's true, are encouraged. Well, some of them are made in the United States are encouraged to contact their physician or healthcare provider. Lockout Supplements is notifying customers who may have purchased them. I have never heard of this stuff. Let me see, can you just buy this online? It's all gonna be stories about it being recalled now from the FDA.
Speaker 5: I would guess radio DJ dies, I'm trying Boner Bear.
Speaker 1: Boner Bears syrup recalled for actually containing Oh here's the FDA post on their website for this. The FDA's actual website says all the same stuff and it's got the packaging says three doses fast acting max strength. I don't know how much this stuff sold for at a gas station, but instead of getting stuff from your doctor, you could have just gone right to the little Quickie Maart on the corner and got your your pills in chocolate syrup form. I am just amazed that there is a marketplace for this, These black beauty's, these what do people say, rhino pills or horny goat weed or stackers or whatever. I'm so amazed that there's such a solid crowd of you who have tried these things out before. I would be hesitant to ever try anything like that. Message over on twitch. OMG, I took the rhino pill one time. I was at a stand for hours. She was on her period. That backfired on me so bad. I would never try it again. I had a headache and my heart was racing for four hours. Lol, My god. Folks, I don't know why you guys take this, but if you do, if you have taken the pills or potion from the gas station, tell us what why and all the rest. Give us your stories. Send a dispatch at the Newsjunkie dot com or an email tips at thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, all right, let's see what else we have. I did have the McDonald's update. I'll save that because it's such a hot gem. It's such a big major news story. I'll save that and keep it to the side and we'll get to some of your feedback. Thank you for sending that in. Also, big thanks shout out to d red Eye for the five Gifted subs. Thank you for that. Go grab those while you can. The five Gifted subscriptions the Secret shows and you can claim them with ease over on the website. It's right on top whenever somebody gives some subscriptions. It's right on the top of the news Junkie dot com, so grab yours right now. However, Anonymous emails tips at the Newsjunkie dot com several years ago, I trained to go to Kuwait for the same mission that those four deceased Army soldiers were supporting. Ultimately, I did not go because of family issues within the Army reserve. Kuwait has long been almost a joke as compared with other locations like Syria or Djibouti. There's actually a Chili's on one of those bases, but there was always an awareness that if something went down with Iran, things would get hot very quickly, very interesting. Anonymous, thank you for the email. I appreciate that you can join us as well, Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com, Tips at the news Junkie dot com or record one of those dispatches I was talking about. Let me refresh to see what we have here. Here is Flip talking about their son is currently deployed. And this is all coming up because a woman was on TMZ saying that she's against the war and her husband who's deployed, he is against the war, and people were mad at her for saying this stuff.
Speaker 2: But here's flip.
Speaker 1: Let's listen, A.
Speaker 16: Mapp keeps crashing every time I go to send this. Anyways, I have emailed as anonymous in the past, and I'm done doing that. My son is currently deployed over there. Okay, I'm not going to say exactly where, but currently his base has drone attacks and missile attacks upwards of a dozen or more times a day that get through the missile defense system. He is in a constant state of running back and forth to do his job, and then running for the bunker, and then going back out when they get it all clear to do his job for another fifteen minutes, and running back for the bunker.
Speaker 6: Damn.
Speaker 16: The first missiles that hit their base took out their childhaul and they were out of food for twenty four hours before they had MRI's available to them. Him and his crew have not showered since this whole thing started, since before this whole thing started. Not that that's a big deal, but that does bring a little normalcy to your life when you're involved in all this.
Speaker 1: No, of course, like all of these things, this is a different world from just getting news alerts and stuff. And now being a parent where your son is over there, he's in Kuay. You already know that this is a place where things can get deadly. And sure that's a small issue, not being able to take a shower, But the alarms, all of the raids, all of the things where you've got to go run and hide to protect yourself, those are the things that add up to all of this. So I want to hear more from you. Let's go back to the dispatch.
Speaker 16: And I don't believe this lady is speaking for people who have not already spoken up. She's probably in a few support groups like my family is with people being deployed, and the overwhelming majority of the people that we've talked to are not happy with the explanations that we're getting as to why we're there. There's fifty different people saying fifty different reasons why we're there, and that's unacceptable.
Speaker 1: We truly support our troops.
Speaker 16: And our families, and we also support the fact that Iranians should be free of dictatorship and that beautiful country should be stupid text that should be available for people to go to whenever they please and should be out of this you know, oppressive regime.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 16: Yeah, so yeah, it's pretty difficult to hear all this back and forth with people when those of us who are able to FaceTime and WhatsApp our families, when you see them all of a sudden look up in the air, run for the bunkers as they're hanging up, yelling out that they love you.
Speaker 1: As they're running.
Speaker 16: I just I have very little tolerance for any of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the dispatch.
Speaker 5: For dispatch an interesting perspective that kind of change how I feel about this Lady's TMC thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think these people should be able to speak out and say whatever they want to say. If you've got a kid over there, if you've got a husband over there, the idea that someone would hold you back from saying your opinion. But some idiot on Twitter can be like, I actually think that that's the ANTIPA has nothing to lose from this, No nothing, no skin in the game, no nothing. Again, it doesn't sway me either way because something is either right or it is wrong. It is not right because somebody hits you with an emotional argument about it. It is either right or it is wrong, but it is right in my estimation to fight for people's ability to be able to say things like that. In another direction, here's g Giddons with a dispatch, Hello.
Speaker 9: Good morning, God just won If y'all got a problem with the US thinking a battleship, seems like you have a problem a way y'all talking?
Speaker 5: What's the issue?
Speaker 1: Some war sink? You have a great day. That's the way it goes, mus day, Bye bye, thank you.
Speaker 2: Jiggins.
Speaker 1: Do I have a problem that people singing ships and warn't?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I think I said as much.
Speaker 1: I said, either you get sunk or you sink somebody else when you're facing off in the ocean. I do think it's super interesting, which is why I went in that direction that no battleship like that had been sunk in active war, and I think Seiland said eighty years or something. Yeah, And then somebody I think uh corrected us and said that that I've been seeing battleship everywhere. Somebody said that that was a frigate. It was much smaller than an actual battleship. But I think we're missing the point.
Speaker 3: Well, it sounds like both of you guys are not pleased with that, So let's deal with that.
Speaker 17: Huh uh.
Speaker 1: All right, let me see. This is from the BBC and it says warship. It's thought one hundred and eighty people were on board. Here's the name of it. It's called the Iris Denna Iris Space DNA. So that's the ship in question that we were talking about. I called it a warship because that's what a lot of the reports had called it. But let's see if Rando text was the correct one on this. It's a mooge class frigate, so it is okay, But is a frigate a warship? Is this person parsing wards is a type of warship? Yes, yeah, yeah, so that warship is still the correct I feel like he was saying battleship is the bigger one. I've sang battleship much more so because sunk your battleship is a common phrase that people use in America. Yeah, out a kount of the game and all that. That's why I'm saying the battleship front. But warship is more what I would use I think in a situation like that, mostly because we're in the business of speaking to people, and just so you know, person who sent that text message in or anybody else who said this. The audience doesn't know what a frigate is. They don't They don't have any clue what that is. So either you say and then explain it. Still, the best move is just to use words that people understand. Sunk the ship, you know, sunk the warship, right, That is the best way to handle it, I think. But actually a bunch of loose lips at it. Here's a I regret to play this for you before I even hit play, but here's all day yuckers with a video dispatch. It says Sean has been practicing. Oh okay, hold on, I'll stop. Hang on. What am I wearing?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 4: I you look like you're about to bust up. I have a structured settlement, does not need class I wear I have. I look like like how to train your dragon or something. I've got a shield. I've got long pigtails a.
Speaker 5: Result of Game of Thrones brother and sister banging each other and av.
Speaker 1: Possibly I have horns on my hat. I'm like a warrior of swords the glory of the ancient. I hate you, but it's your freedom of speech to be able to send in dispatches. I guess is that God? I hate defending the freedom of speech. No, it's attacking me of the ancient I was the first part. The first part is me saying, and the second part I don't know what that don't know what that is. But Derek Sean prides himself on never seeing commercials in his life. But me describing you as J. G. Wentworth from the Viking Operation a GI spot on. Yeah, do you have a comparison or just just in people's heads?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 1: I mean, you would have to, you'd have to google it so you could watch it yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll watch it during the break and try to catch up.
Speaker 1: But everybody else, you're.
Speaker 3: Not a million he's gonna forget.
Speaker 1: How to train your Viking. Yeah sure, sure, Okay, we're gonna take a quick break. When we come back, we'll hear from you a lot. Do you have opinions on things we're talking about? That's one of the points of the show. We talk about everything happening, viral things, things that are on people's minds, and then you get to join in on the conversation. We also have the next episode coming up in just a bit, A California Math teacher in big trouble. I'll tell you the questions that got this guy in hot water that is coming up next on the News Junkie. We'll get into this story about a teacher in trouble for some of the questions that they had on in a quiz, and i'll read the question story. You could tell me if you think they were bad or not. We'll get into that momentarily. But I've had a sort of a side quest going on here where I've been very interested in the burger wars that have been drummed back up on accident. You know, before they were purposely going at each other all the burger company, he's going bananas. Now it's on accident, and it's run by a bunch of weirdos. Every company that you could imagine. McDonald's their CEO, who makes eight eighteen million dollars a year. I hear he can't even take a big bite of a burger. He takes such a small bite of a burger in the video that he made promoting the new McDonald's burger that it goes viral because he takes that like a little, tiny, little bite of a burger. And now McDonald's is kind of spiraling because this guy's weird and people think he's strange. And then the Burger King CEO who pretended to give out his phone number but lied to everybody last week that we pointed out on the show. He came out and he's like, here's how you take a big bite of a burger, and he enough time to do that. His phone should have been ringing off the hook. Yeah. Really, just with all those calls coming in, including from us, and now the heat is on, Like this really has spun up into something that's getting some traction. Cleveland dot com as an article today where they're crapping on the new McDonald's burger, the Big Arch, and they said, I tried McDonald's massive, new big archburger and stopped after three bytes.
Speaker 4: How three normal sized bites or three CEO sized bites, three little nibbles and little tiny little nibbles.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from you real people, if you've tried this thing, Is it good?
Speaker 1: Is it bad? Etcetera, etcetera. Because I don't care what somebody from a newspaper website size.
Speaker 4: I will say that McDonald's, at least their marketing team is kind of leaning into this unexpected pr Yeah, because on the McDonald's Facebook page yesterday they just posted a thing like a picture of the big arch and it just says, take a bite of our new product.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then they just let the comments section roll. Yeah. Oh you see it all right? You got They knew it, They knew what they were getting into. They posted this new product that the CEO of McDonald's going virabl for because he took a little baby bite, like a pussy out of this burger, like he doesn't like it, like he hates his own food. And instead of calling something a burger, he called it a product. McDonald's post to take a bite of our new product, and then just posted a photo. And the replies are number one, I see you king Report of the week because he took an actual bite out of the burger when he tested it out. That's a reviewer that I actually salute and care about. He's out there somewhere Report of the week. Salute you, buddy. Mentally talented and skilled reviewer, probably the best out there in my humble opinion, and everybody else doodles a cryptocurrency accounts on the Facebook.
Speaker 4: Somebody commented just a nimble though, like the CEO and McDonald's responded, no judgment here, like they're they're going through and responding to a bunch of it. Didn't you have a weird Didn't he hold it weird? Because somebody said, I can't. I don't even know how to hold it? McDonald's two hands preferred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had like inverted an upside down like this guy had never eaten a burger in his life.
Speaker 4: They're using this SpongeBob like a mom's sure smoking a cigarette and holding it weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the people photoshopping just a bite out of the bun like the burger entirely. The whole thing is a freeze frame of the time bite. It's so great. They're all viral because this guy is a weirdo who is in charge of their entire company and nickel back look at this photograph meme. You know everything's coming to the show and they are surfacing more of the CEO of McDonald's of his videos. Kiri is another time talking about like product. He talks about burgers in a weird way. Bro, you make eighteen mil to sell Hamburgers. Here's how you do it, guys. I'm the CEO of McDonald's. I love burgers. I'm gonna try this juicy ass cheeseburger that we make. You take a big ass bite, you have a smile on your face, and you go, Damn, that is a good cheeseburger. Talk about a normal person.
Speaker 3: I'm getting lizard vibes.
Speaker 4: A lot of comments in the Facebook one about the word product, like somebody said when life gives you product, which I thought was kind of funny, but also the one that is a little annoying to see is the one where you turn the fact that he said product into a conspiracy case. In point Totaya says product means they can't officially call it a hamburger.
Speaker 1: Super scary. Yeah, I see all right, Like when you spell chicken wings with a y because there's no wing meat in it. This guy is just weird. He makes a bunch of money being the CEO of McDonald's. Listen now here he talks about burgers.
Speaker 15: Here's another video, Hey everybody, we are here to do another spectacular McDonald's tasty. On my right here the classic McDonald's Big Mac, which you all know and love. I certainly love it. And then we have our Jim Big Mac, which has been on our menu before and it's coming back to make a reappearance. So we're going to do a little comparison between the two, starting with, of course, the.
Speaker 1: Iconic grabbing like a normal person. Here we go.
Speaker 15: First, visual appeal is very strong, looks fantastic.
Speaker 3: There he looks. You're seeing people that use someone else's arms, and.
Speaker 1: He does look like that, like somebody's behind him putting the arms out.
Speaker 3: And typically that's very funny. This is just scaring me a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is weird. Talk like a normal person.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: The visual appeal of the burgers in question is the top notch and very impressive to the human eye.
Speaker 15: Wait to bite into it. That cheese is nice and tempered.
Speaker 1: Tempered hmm.
Speaker 15: You got a great hip of Big Mac sauce in that. I really I tasted it.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 15: The beef notes there, it all works, so it may be actually the perfect sandwich.
Speaker 1: A glass of wine. Bro I'm pretty sure I had a roommate in my early twenties who would fart and say beef notes. Like, you don't say beef notes when you're eating a McDonald's burger, you say good burger. Yum talk. Two hungry Americans hmm burger good yum.
Speaker 2: All right, very basic stuff.
Speaker 1: Not the hints of the beaten note. Beef notes are really they're very Somebody says, this guy eats fancy food ninety nine percent of the time. True, that's what we're learning here. Like this guy's pretending to be a normy.
Speaker 3: I think he gets spoon fed like I'm getting.
Speaker 1: He sits down in a big ceo chair and here you go, open up.
Speaker 15: Chicken's not going to try to give it a run for the money. So let's try the chicken big Mac and see how it compares. Get the chicken mills so you'll recognize we still have the three buns, we still have all the beef nutice and cheese and chicken big mac sauce, but we now have two chicken patties.
Speaker 1: So let's give this a try, bigger bite than normal. Really good.
Speaker 15: One of the things I did like about this Chicken big Mac is the crunching of the chicken. You get a crunch with this chicken big machete.
Speaker 1: He just sounds like somebody teleported into a human body and they're day one trying to control it like krang.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that reference works for anybody.
Speaker 4: But if anybody knowing Krang is he's like, uh, it's like it's like he's like, it's Egger but in a suit suit.
Speaker 1: Here's here's Krang. If you ever watched the series The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, there was a character named Krag, Yeah, and he was a brain inside the body of a guy and he had like you know, levers and stuff, and he would control the body and he would the body would be abnormal and moving around. Weird. That's the guy who makes eighteen million dollars to be the CEO of McDonald's. Janine says, how is this even real? Is this even real? He sounds like he's been made in the laboratory. He's gonna throw all of this up. I don't know. Sell the stock, sell, sell sell for now until we can get a human in there. Quick break, when we come back the next episode with Sabrina certified human being. What's coming up on the next episode?
Speaker 3: What's coming up on the next episode?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, this weekend weird Full Circles nineteen eighty six, Brad Pitt gets replaced by Sebastian Bach. Forty years later, d Snyder gets replaced by Sebastian Bach Better Late than never Mind. Rock Nation reveals viewership numbers of Super Bowl halftime show produced by Rock Nation.
Speaker 3: I'll adind so much more coming up on the next episode, and that.
Speaker 1: Is coming up next on the News Chunkie. Thank you for being with us. Learn more about the show by going over to the website thenews junkie dot com. That's on the way. I got to pay off the teas on that California math teacher. I'll read the questions that were on this particular quiz kids got, and you can tell me if this teacher should be fired. We'll all get judging together. There was an election last night. We'll talk about some of the drama from that. We've got more updates in ran and everything happened in there, and mister Roberts, she's back on the show again.
Speaker 2: In the second half. We'll see what's going on in the courtroom.
Speaker 1: Things are getting a little salacious there, but we'll tune into the drama right now.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it. Let's do the next step episode.
Speaker 1: Because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about Woo.
Speaker 10: It's time for the next episode with Sabrina. Last night they did it somehow. I said, you said what I said that?
Speaker 1: I said, there's no way you can make that song kind of cool. I just don't think I gave you. Here goes on for so much longer to good.
Speaker 3: That's my next episode for the day.
Speaker 1: That was pretty good. Actually, we'll play it afterwards as a celebration.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, hold up the next episode brought to you by that mortgage Guy Done, That mortgage Guy down dot com and the Homelans Radio show. If you're refinancing, buying your first dream home, looking to compare your quote, so you're making sure you're not leaving money on the table, work with someone who's got your back, who's looking out for you and your family, and his name is Don that mortgage Guy down to be exact, So start that process today by going to his website, That mortgage Guy down dot.
Speaker 1: Who do miss the voc mortgage? And now it's in my head and I was whistling it in the kitchen just now.
Speaker 5: The same perfect earworm sixty years ago, nineteen sixty six, one of the members of this group right here, this is right, and it was on this day.
Speaker 3: John Lennon told the London Evening Standard that.
Speaker 5: The Beatles were more popular than Jesus, and war happened.
Speaker 3: It was very rude, and I think eventually the Pope forgave them.
Speaker 5: I think even one member of the Catholic Church, like a higher up, was like, technically, they are more popular than Jesus.
Speaker 3: Right now, as far as.
Speaker 1: That's not a that's not something you want to repeat to the Pope, like to his.
Speaker 5: Face, Lenin did later I clarify that he was now comparing the band to Christ in a divine sense, but rather pointing out the decline of religion conferences among young noting I'm not anti good, I was not knocking it.
Speaker 1: Let's see Christ drop or evens track and then now we're talking back and forth they go out each other. Now that that would be breakthrough.
Speaker 3: Imagine your hell that was all me, bad Bunny.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to keep imagining.
Speaker 3: I don't know why this is coming out now.
Speaker 5: We stopped talking about the bad Bunny crazy halftime show. So Rock Nation is like, hey, one more little tidbit. Almost a month later, right, it was the beginning of beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somewhere around that.
Speaker 5: According to Rock Nation, who co produced the halftime show, Bad Bunnies Halftime Show said a new viewership record. They say it generated four point one five seven billion views worldwide, wide wide, within the first twenty four hours, across multiple platforms. That's the US broadcast, international broadcast, YouTube, and other digital platforms. A breakdown of the calculation not released, surprise surprise, and it hasn't been independently verified, but we'll just take your word for it, huh. It's also worth mentioning that the world population is about eight point two billion, so considering the mass, half the world watched it, so but it could include multiple views. I'm just gonna go with half the world why not? And half the world was wondering is Jim Carrey a clone or did he get plastic surgery? Or was it that Alexis Stone person and now a plastic surgeon that absolutely did not work on Jim Carrey's face is weighing in on Jim Carrey's face, okay, calling it a major surgical transformation and giving us a bit of a dollar to it a price.
Speaker 1: Is it possible that you just got a facelift? People get facelifts.
Speaker 3: Lift if you think so fillers different nose. Let's see what this guy says.
Speaker 2: Is it one of those things where you go in and you go give me the whole thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, me, mom, the mom one.
Speaker 1: The beautiful, the mommy takeover is multiple things.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that could be the same.
Speaker 1: Little little fat sucked away here and there, that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: So, according to this plastic surgeon that did not work on him but knows so much about plastic surgery, Jim Carrey got the following row lift upper eyelid surgery, a facelift, possibly fat transfer into the cheeks, and laser resurfacing for smoother skin.
Speaker 1: It added fat to the cheeks.
Speaker 3: I love fat cheeks.
Speaker 5: If that's what he had done, the total cost would be somewhere around how much money, Jenny, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, that's got to be pretty expensive, right, I think this kind of plastic surgery is costly.
Speaker 3: Rowlift surgery, facelift at the cheeks.
Speaker 1: But you might get a deal. Maybe me your package deal. I'm going to say eighty five thousand dollars. I'm going to go one hundred and ten k.
Speaker 5: Well bargain for you two up to sixty thousand dollars, depending.
Speaker 3: On the type of.
Speaker 1: Trace Ventura.
Speaker 5: Not the quick recovery either. They say swelling can last for months and the final results can take up to a full year to settle. So maybe that's why he looked crazy, but not a question.
Speaker 1: I was feel kind of bad for him. Did he have that crazy thing with his ex girlfriend Jim Carrey and he killed herself. Yeah, But it wasn't just that she took her own life. I thought I could be wrong about this. I hope I'm not. I thought that she not only took her own life, but she like mentioned him in her note that she left behind.
Speaker 12: And.
Speaker 1: That's tough. That's tough stuff.
Speaker 5: Also kind of tough, but in a completely different way. I want to be very clear. We had this story from Christina Applegate. She has a new memoir that's come out called You with the Sad Eyes, and it contains a very interesting admission. At one point in nineteen eighty nine the VMA's to be exact, she went with Brad Pitt. Then Brad Pitt was ditch for Sebastian.
Speaker 1: Bach rejected love.
Speaker 3: They were both still in their teens. She was the bigger star at the time.
Speaker 5: Apparently, she said I had spent all night staring at Bach, who was then a long haired hunk fronting the band skid Row. I had to put it like this, but Brad back then was still making his way as an actor. He wasn't yet the Brad Pitt.
Speaker 3: So I ditched him and got with Sebastian.
Speaker 5: Damn if you can do me a solid nineteen eighty nine Sebastian Bach.
Speaker 3: Picture was her look?
Speaker 1: Eighties? Yeah, he was lead singer of He was a lead singer of skid Row. Yes, so like a lot of people, my sister liked him. You know, this is what he looked like then. Long hair. Yeah, this was back when they were like kind of looking feminine in the eighties rockers. They had the shorter shirts on in tight pants and damn rock and roll. Second row, fourth picture, that's got hair that is soon takes man. Very blown out listeners, very very blown out, look all over the place, sort of something about Mary all over kind kind of look while.
Speaker 5: You're there, Sebastian Sebastian Bock twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Please okay, Sebastian, Oh what was it like now?
Speaker 8: Sebastian Bach today because full circle, Wow, you're going to be seeing him because he has replaced d Snyder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean he.
Speaker 10: Looks like an older version of himself, but Radbitt has got it.
Speaker 17: Now, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks like a guy who tells me Iraq and does the little thing, you know, like the Devil's horn with his.
Speaker 2: Hand, and then I go, okay, people, all right.
Speaker 1: Settle down.
Speaker 5: Oh he's not settling down as a matter of fact, going on tour with Twisted Sister. Several shows released this year, and he's on vocals because de Snyder called it quits several weeks ago due to health issues.
Speaker 3: Looks like he had to take it all right.
Speaker 5: On the boob Tube, We've got three hour Chicago crossover event. Also the first season finale of The Beauty on Fax series, premiere of America's Culinary Cup on CBS, Shark Tags, Young Sherlock on Amazon, and catch Steve grow on Colbert. Follow Your Dreams of You on Instagram at Sabrina and Broba most importantly say with me.
Speaker 1: America smoke weed every day. Thank you, Sabrina. Let me hear that song to hear it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's go here, do a little clicking there, all right.
Speaker 17: Gold Back, how did it make that noise.
Speaker 1: Than robots Man. Go back to the beginning.
Speaker 6: Hag uh.
Speaker 17: I love it.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you missed the beginning of the show. That that is my voice singing opera that was turned into a certified banger, now dumbstep banger. The original is is raw. It needed work. It doesn't work, doesn't it doesn't. It kind of blow your mind, like when you hear a pop star singing and you used to be impressed, and now you hear my opera sound play the Ridge. Yeah, that that turned into the.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It takes away the magic of the music industry. I think a little bit back with more in a second. All that so much more coming up next on the News Junkie. You can learn more about the show by going to the website, and there's lots of info there. I think after the show we'll put the brand new banger song, the Sean Opera remixed.
Speaker 3: Entire commercial break. It was in my head loop.
Speaker 1: It's catchy. People ask for it, so we'll put it up on the website after the show. Here at some point in time before the day is over. There was an election last night. I don't know how many people watched it. I do You couldn't it was in Texas. I do that was plenty of text messages about it. I randomly get text messages from candidates in Texas. I don't know why I got think maybe I don't know. I don't know. Maybe they there's somebody in Texas who's a fan of the show, who's putting your number out. There could be the case. We got a lot of fans in Texas, Dallas in particular, or we've been on a station there in the past.
Speaker 2: But they had an election and it was the big one.
Speaker 1: Was Jasmine Crockett versus this tell Errico guy. Now you might not know those names, but I'll make it make sense for you and the election HQ as you just heard our election HQ song playing here in the background. Jasmine Crockett, you probably know she's a House of Representative members. She was trying to go for the Senate like an upgrade. She was trying to, you know, on up herself and power up to Senate level. She did not win.
Speaker 2: She was favored to win, big time, big time. She was favored to win.
Speaker 1: And then this tall Rico guy came up and he's sort of like a religious Woki type. I don't know he said Jesus was non binary one time, and then he got the attention of Stephen Colbert. He's the one who Stephen Colbert did the whole thing where he was like, the FCC won't let me interview this guy, and then he posted it on YouTube and then the Tall Rico campaign raised millions and millions of dollars off this whole thing, and Tall Rico went around and was like, they're censoring me, they don't want to. I want you to hear me and being interviewed, when the only point there was that, hey, maybe Jasmin Crockett should get some time too, but she went for being in the lead before a lot of that stuff in the latest polls to tall Rico winning by almost ten points and what I'm looking at here and then swade it at all. I think it doesn't hurt controversy. I think it doesn't hurt. I think it brings more eyeballs to it and get more attention. And then right now people want people want a couple of things. One is if you're a Democrat. If somebody is a Democrat and they aren't completely and totally against ice that those people are getting voted out because Democrats hate ice at the moment. And the other one is if you're a Democrat and you can, you can run on under this theme that like the Trump administration is trying to censor you, it does bring in attention and possibly even votes. What do you have want otherwise?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll never know. I have no idea what well, I mean, I think we do know that the the controversy h got a lot of money headed towards his campaign. He made money off of it, for sure, right because after that aired and and I also not aired because he posted it on YouTube. Stephen Colbert did the interview with this tall rico guy, but afterwards it also got a ton of views on YouTube. I don't know what that went up to, but I think it was a lot. Millions and millions and millions of people ended up watching it, and many of them were probably made aware of his campaign for the first time from that whole big explosive thing. So then comes in the thing I want to play for you, because I always find this to be interesting. When there's an election, you have the winner and the loser, obviously, and they both usually have events. They both have an event with a podium and a crowd and they have snacks that they put out, and they might have some drinks and it's a party, you know, DJ playing music and they're watching the returns come in. And on one side, the party at the beginning stays a party. It's a party. When you're walking in, you're like, yeah, let's see those results. Let's go and you start partying. And then the results come in and you're like, yeah, we won the election. You know you're partying, right, But there has to be an other side. Somebody has to lose. The other side has to lose. So I always like to hear the losing side when they come up and address their crowd because it's usually a little awkward and strange. Which party do you think burns through more alcohol? Probably the losers, I depend on how long they stay there. But these people will support these candidates. Obviously, they show up. They want them to win. And you're like, damn it, man, And did all those phone calls in the election phone bank and it was for nothing?
Speaker 2: And Jasmine Crockett came out and she was not happy. She was not thrilled.
Speaker 1: Here she is So.
Speaker 18: So that's my news is that we're not going to have election results tonight, in my opinion, based upon what specifically has taken place in Dallas County. Huh, this is what Republicans like to do, and so they specifically targeted Dallas County and I think we all know why.
Speaker 1: So what she's saying, she's blaming Republicans for her winning against the or losing against the tall Rico guy. There was some voting laws that changed in the Dallas area, I guess, which required people to go to the chosen precinct. So everybody has like a particular chosen precinct and you have to go to that place to vote, and she is claiming that that is what affected her vote totals like people were going to the wrong place, they couldn't vote. No, a lot of places, some places will do open precincts and some places will do you got to go to your local precinct. And people are like, why can't you just vote anywhere? Well, the reason why they don't do that in a lot of places is because you don't want one place where there's a line that's six hours long in another place where there's a line that's five minutes long. You want to spread the load of people who are going to be voting on election day, which is hopefully a lot of people who want to spread them evenly across these locations. They say, you live here, you go to this precinct, you live here, you go to this precinct, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, And it's pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Most people operate under these circumstances right now.
Speaker 1: That's what she's blaming for this, But she doesn't sound like she's conceding. She's even though they can show the votes next to their pictures and it says that she's got forty four point eight percent of the vote and the Tallerico guy who Stephen Colbert likes, has fifty three point nine percent.
Speaker 2: She's not conceding.
Speaker 19: I want you to enjoy yourselves, but I won't be back tonight because I have no idea of when we're going to get results, and I fully anticipate it won't be until tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So I love y'all too. A lot of people there weird to see her say all that with all those losing scores on the screen. Huh, I love you down Dallas, all right, So she comes out, she blames the Republicans for her loss. She says, I'm not like conceding. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to count the votes. The vote total here, I don't know what it ended up at. It was fifty nine percent in and it's less than one hundred thousand between the two, so things could shift. But at some point in time they did call it for the Tallarico guy and said that he handily won the election against Jasmine Crockett. That doesn't even mean, by the way that she disappears, because she's still a member of the House of Representatives. She was just trying to bump up her status a little bit and be in the United States Senate for Texas, and that didn't work out for her. On the other side of the coin, there was another election for the Republicans and Dan Crenshaw lost. He lost the Texas House primary vote. Dan Crenshaw, you might know he's the guy with the eyepatch. He's the only congressman that I think that I'm aware of that has an eyepatch right as you might know him from that. He was a veteran, I believe, and he is not closely aligned with Trump and maga of stuff. And he lost to a guy who was he lost to one of Trump's people, one of the more maga people. So I'm not even sure what you take from reading the tea leaves of these elections. It's a primary and there's probably not much to read from them, but that's what came out. Dan Crenshaw is out, he lost, and Steve Toth is in tok goes in. Crenshaw out. Crockett loses to Tyler Rico, and everybody can do with the results what they'd like. If you have any thoughts, send them over to tips at the news Junkie dot com. There was another person that we were paying attention to that participated in this election who was running. Vince Offer was in this election. That's right, the sham Wow guy. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. And he was mad because he wanted his name on the ballot. I think he's suing over there. He's suing the GOP. Yeah, he's suing the Republicans because he wanted his name on the ballot to be Vince sham Wow whatever his last name is.
Speaker 2: Offer.
Speaker 1: He wanted that to be on the ballot so that the name recognition would be, oh, who will go We're gonna vote for that? And he didn't get that he.
Speaker 4: He tweeted his Twitter like name or excuse me, the handle like the at is a real sham wow guy, but the name that's above it is sham Wow shlow me, which it's so weird. And he said suing the GOP Texas for deleting my nickname sham Wou in the primaries, so they helped the incumbent John Carter. So the voters don't recognize me. Rigged election by these rhinos.
Speaker 1: Bro. The people who would vote based on sham Wou are not sham Wow, are not people I want to have the right to vote to begin with. They like the people who vote, and they do things and you go, that's that's what swayed your vote. Like some of these people, I want to fully rescind the voting. I want to reel them back in.
Speaker 4: Do you call them rhinos as in the animal because he rhino he's not spelling it r I n o like a Republican in name only he put r h I n O.
Speaker 1: S Oh, really did he he spelled it correctly.
Speaker 7: Like the animal?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Rhino is what they used to talk down to people who aren't Republican enough. It's republican in name only are I n O instead of how he posted it, which he let us say is r H I n O like short for rhinoceros, Like the thing that's up for auction that Jim Carrey crawled out of the butt of Ye, yes, yes, that's I've seen a lot of people posting about that. It wasn't I fetch some money with that? A hippo or a rhino rhino?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 1: And my favorite part is all of the posts that I see going viral on that prop that Sabrina talked about this Hollywood auction, and there's a lot of things that are up there. And one of the things that I found in the auction was the rhino that Jim Carrey crawls out of it like he crawls out of the butt of the rhino and ace ventura. And people keep posting this and they're like, need need convincing my financial advisor that this is a smart purchase for me, and guys, is this too big for my living room? With more of a modern vibe going on right now, they're calling it the butt birth rhino. That's great. Rock on YouTube says, didn't this shamlock guy do something weird like with hookers. I think, yeah, yeah, yeah, or not says he'd been a hooker. Yeah he did. He got into a fight with a hooker at his hotel room. And he seems like not a great dude, honestly. I mean, I don't know why I should be surprised necessarily. But the Shamwock guy's mad because he couldn't put Shamwell on the actual ballot, and he thinks that's what would have swayed.
Speaker 3: So let's say they did let him do it.
Speaker 5: Could he have shot them because it's a trademark that he owns or copyright the trademark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he wanted that.
Speaker 1: He wanted that on the ballot, but they said, we're not doing it because it's not your official name. Now neither is Vince Offer. His name is Offer, Vince Well, hold on, I think if you're if you change your legal name. Did he change his legal name just because if he changed his legal name to Vince ShamWow, whatever, I think they would have to put that on the ballot, I might believe is what BUBBAA love sponge did, right. I think I think that you could do that. But can you interview him? Oh God, what of what interest?
Speaker 7: Is that.
Speaker 1: God. Politicians do it. Politicians are dumb and scummy enough to begin with, like I want to bring no, what am I going to wear?
Speaker 3: A lot of sham Wow?
Speaker 2: I don't think shamwais are big anymore?
Speaker 14: Are they?
Speaker 9: Do?
Speaker 2: People still use them?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It was just a shammi cloth, right, Yeah, people bought a lot of them back in the day.
Speaker 4: That would be hilarious if he made this big sting about wanting, you know, to be able to be recognized for his previous work on the ballot and he's like, no, I have to have this on the ballot, and then he opens the ballot that says, Vince slap chop offer, good.
Speaker 1: Enough, good enough, We'll put it in there. Here's the thing I teased earlier. I said, California math teacher is in trouble, and I'm going to read you the questions that this California math teacher had on his quiz. Now that's California, So maybe they're just freaking out about nothing over there. They're weird. You go to California and it makes you weird, all right. It happens to people. They go to Los Angeles, phil they change and all of a sudden, they speak differently and stuff, and they have like a different accent.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's happening here, or maybe this teacher went too far. We will judge everybody, get your judging hats on. Let's go through it here it is KTLA has the story a teacher at an elite high school in San Francisco. So this guy's in San Francisco has been placed on indefinite leave.
Speaker 2: What did he do after allegations.
Speaker 1: Of sexists and fat shaming. Questions included on ninth grade algebra one quizzes fat shaming in algebra? Don't how are you like? I'm seem more of a geometry.
Speaker 17: Kind of thing.
Speaker 5: No, I could see it like Stacey eight thirteen Little vies.
Speaker 1: But no, all right, I got the questions here. Let's see it'sa His parents were informed of the allegations on Monday afternoon by the principal of Lowell High School, A John Bautista, whose message stated that teacher Tom Chan, oh it's an Asian guy. Tom Chan, a veteran educator that's worked at the school for more than twenty years quote needed to go on leave unquote for an unknown amount of time. According to the outlet, some of the questions on the class quiz last month were framed around taking somebody out on a Valentine's Day date. That's not so bad, I could see that. It's like maybe Valentine's Day is coming up and you go past or whatever. Then you go are questions going to be around that? On our on our math quiz? Here's one of the questions that got him in trouble. The amount of money you spend on a date varies inversely to how much they weigh. A typical girl that weighs one hundred and twenty pounds will cost you fifty five dollars the math math problem before did they read? Students were then directed to first derive the variation equation and then asked how much they could expect on a date with Ashley, who's two hundred and twenty pounds. So basically like, if you're with a one hundred and twenty pound woman, it costs fifty five dollars. So if a woman weighs two hundred and twenty five pounds, how much does this b flow cost you for the Valentine's Day day? A third prompt asked students to calculate how much their date would need to weigh if they could only afford to spend five dollars.
Speaker 3: This is a very hard math problem.
Speaker 15: No, it's not.
Speaker 4: Let's see, typical girl that weighs one hundred and twenty pounds will cost you fifty five dollars.
Speaker 1: So is that all right? One hundred and twenty divided by fifty five?
Speaker 3: Also, typical girl.
Speaker 1: That's tent, he's pretty thin. What is that? Two point eighteen?
Speaker 7: All right? So that we do that?
Speaker 1: What times to twenty five? Yeah? Yeah, all right, twenty The two twenty pound girl costs you more, obviously, But how much is the question? I think I know it wrong. If I have all that are, if eyeball that, I'd say one hundred bucks. Yeah I heard something wrong. Wow, he's using a calculator. If I got it right without the calculator, I say it one hundred dollars in change. That's what I think it is. But maybe I'm wrong. We'll see, we'll see. We'll bring that up. And also there was another. The other one said, uh, you can only afford to spend five dollars, so wouldn't that girl only be two pounds?
Speaker 7: What do you say?
Speaker 1: You said one dollars. Yeah, I have ninety nine. You were a real buck off. Look not bad.
Speaker 2: The brain comes through. Oh god, it gets worse.
Speaker 1: Actually hold on, worse than the two pound girl that you would need for the Valentine's Day day. And another question allegedly titled mister chan versus the Fat Kid Part two, The math teacher wrote, the fat kid from last time wouldn't be quiet about the candy I was eating in front of him, so I punted him into the air.
Speaker 2: This is the question on the quick teacher.
Speaker 1: The ninth graders were then instructed to solve equations for height and time, along with a seemingly unrelated question asking them when the last time was that they gave candy to a fat kid.
Speaker 4: All right, I might be messing this up, but if you only had five bucks, you better have an eleven pound date.
Speaker 1: That's just a pretty skinny person right there. Other questions were how tall are you? And how much dowey, followed by pretty or smart? And why apparent? One of the students was upset about this because you know, of course they were.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think. Should the teacher be fired for the questions?
Speaker 1: Sending an email or dispatch tips at the news Junkie dot com or record your dispatch at the news Junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: Right now, quick break, we're back in a moment.
Speaker 1: We got a lot more to get to, updates on the big story, what's happening in Iran and the response to all of that, and then in jury duty mister Roberts returns to the show. What's happened in her court case? Right now, I want you to hear this is coming up next on the News Junkie. Find out what's going on to the show over on the website thenewsjunkie dot com. I got some pretty interesting stuff I think we can get into on the Iran front.
Speaker 2: If you're not tuned into that, don't freak out.
Speaker 1: I'm always going to try to hit you from a different perspective or viral angle on this. But before we talk about that, I have to share with you one of those stories that's just like an unbelievable story, like it seems so crazy that it it couldn't be real, but it is. Like, this is a legitimate, one real story, and it's about a guy by the name of Jerry or Gary. I think it's probably Gary G. E. R r Y would be a Gary, right, g e r Y Yeah? Okay, Gary, I mean Jerry I would think would be either jay e er or you know, some of like that. But maybe I knew a Gary that had er r y. Okay. Gary Goldberg is what we're gonna call him for now. And Gary Goldberg is eighty two years old. Eighty two years old. This guy fell in love with this woman and Andy what's her name? And they were together for a very long time, like the perfect example of a couple and how two people can really grow with each other over a long period of time. As you can tell from the way I'm talking, this doesn't stay this way. There are some twists and turns in the story of Gary Goldberg's life. So Gary Goldberg is hanging out one day and his wife leaves and she she drives to go get something done. And when his wife leaves, he doesn't hear back from her, and Gary goes, what the hell? Uh? She left a long time ago, she wasn't going that far. Where is she? And it turns out that there was a very dangerous intersection in town. And eventually Gary got the call that his wife, the love of his life, had died in a car accident, and they told him, you got to get over here, and we need to make sure.
Speaker 2: That everything's taken care of.
Speaker 1: And he said okay and put everything down, and Gary went over there, went to the scene, and he immediately realized, geez, and it's amazing this hasn't happened many, many more times.
Speaker 2: This is an incredibly dangerous intersection.
Speaker 1: He said. All I want is for my local officials, the politicians who pretend to do stuff for the people. All I want is for them to step up and do something in my wife's memory. Put a traffic light at this very dangerous intersection.
Speaker 2: That's what he wanted out of this.
Speaker 1: Honor my wife, Honor her memory, make it so this doesn't happen to anybody else in the future by taking this dangerous intersection where my wife died in twenty twenty four and making it safer for everybody else. Now, I'll bring to you the update on this story after telling you the narrative and the background of this, because otherwise you probably wouldn't have believed it. Here's the story from nine News. It says man dies and crash at intersection where he petitioned for traffic light after his wife's death.
Speaker 2: Gary or Jerry, We'll never know who fought?
Speaker 1: Well know when I played the story in a second who fought to get a traffic light and sawd it the intersection where his wife was killed in twenty twenty four, died on Monday in a car clash at the car crash at the same place.
Speaker 17: And then the.
Speaker 1: Same play the guy all he wanted when his wife died. All he wanted was a traffic light. This is how demonic and evil politicians are. This is how bad they are. They wouldn't give the eighty year old guy a traffic light at the intersection where his wife died, which was obviously dangerous. This is how demonic and evil. Wasn't just politicians was.
Speaker 4: Neighbors argued against it, contending it's not needed and adding a light would lead to increased traffic on residential streets.
Speaker 1: How they're feeling right now, Selen, How how the neighbor is feeling about this? All this guy wanted was a stop light. And there's so many beautiful photos of him in his wife. Let's let's watch the story from Channel nine news here and went to the restaurant.
Speaker 12: And he wasn't there.
Speaker 3: I tried to call him, I tried to text him.
Speaker 1: This is somebody who noticed he was gone.
Speaker 3: No answer at all, and he never showed.
Speaker 12: And I went home with a very empty feeling that something was askew, because that was not like him.
Speaker 20: Gloria was waiting for her cousin, Jerry Goldberg. If you look familiar, it may be because of his fight to get a traffic light erected at the intersection of East Bellevue in South Frank Jesus.
Speaker 1: They interviewed this guy before he was on TV. He was begging the politicians please focus on something other than viral clips for a second, U politicians, can we please make everybody a little safer? My wife died at this intersection. Do you care even a little bit? And they didn't do it.
Speaker 20: No, the intersection where his wife, Andy was hit by a car and killed in May twenty twenty four.
Speaker 21: Due to the death of Andy, I've been thinking of how much it means to me going forward here is that nothing like this ever happens again.
Speaker 1: By the way, Fish bulb Over on YouTube says he wanted to prove a point. Are we sure it was an accident? I mean, you think he just pulled his car out and waited for somebody to hit him, and so it would happen again.
Speaker 3: You know, a traffic light with a camera, and it would determine Yeah.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else they said.
Speaker 20: Gerry spoke to us last fall about a petition drive. He started hoping to get a traffic light installed.
Speaker 21: And it would give me a great deal of resolve for closure in the loss of my wife.
Speaker 20: Mondays, he drove to meet Gloria for lunch. Jerry was in a car crash at Bellevue.
Speaker 1: And they show the car. The entire side of the car is completely smashed in this intersection. He's right at this very same intersection where his wife died, right here, and now it's him. Now he's the person.
Speaker 20: The very same intersection where his wife was killed.
Speaker 1: Jerry died.
Speaker 12: It's almost like science fiction.
Speaker 1: It was Monday evening.
Speaker 20: Gloria got the car all from Jerry's sister telling her what had happened.
Speaker 3: I was shot, of course.
Speaker 12: I couldn't sleep all night because it was just unimaginable.
Speaker 1: My God, I can't believe this. And now I want to say justice for Jerry. I want to say, for God's sake, can we do it now. But I think some of these people will still be too stubborn now. They'll feel like they're admitting guilt that they didn't do something beforehand, or they'll be like, it's not going to happen three times, all right, it's not going to happen again. Remember these stories, These are the things that that politics was really created to fix. This is the kind of thing where we have people dealing with people. We have to interact with each other. We have to have rules and laws, we have to have order, and we have to have safety for people. Those are sort of the prerequisites of an actual society. Pretend it's a SimCity game and you're the boss in charge, and when it's used to traffic lights in some city, I just kit the button. No one hit the button here, Seelane, nobody did it. And this guy died at the very same intersection as his wife did in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: I can't help offend a little bit about what that chatter said he just waited.
Speaker 2: There nothing to suggest that from the stories I'm seeing.
Speaker 4: I feel like, unless unless it was unavoidable, if I lost my wife at an intersection, I probably wouldn't go through that intersection very often.
Speaker 1: Probably well, yeah, it's true, I probably would try to stay away. He launched a petition aimed at having lights erected at the intersection. He was on his way to meet his cousin for lunch. He was involved in a two vehicle collision, and his wife died in that very same intersection. And they even have the story about like the petition, like the original story where this guy was like, hey, hold on, oh my god, are they gonna have Jesus? They have the actual this morning, a man in color, this was the original report.
Speaker 3: If she was hit and killed by a car wall jogging near their home.
Speaker 22: Now he is turning his grief into action and demanding safety changes at the intersection of Bellevue and Franklin.
Speaker 15: No one listen Fernandez talk to neighbors about what changes they want to see.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's a neighbor We're gonna come on and be like, no, hell no, it'll never happen again.
Speaker 2: How are the neighbors going to?
Speaker 1: Look here?
Speaker 23: Some people who live in this neighborhood, they've been asking for years for a traffic light. But you can see that those requests have gone nowhere. If you take a look at your screen you can get a better idea of where Bellevue and Franklin is located. This is just west of I twenty five, in between two busy intersections lanes on either side Broadway. Back in May of twenty twenty four, Jerry Goldberg and his wife Andy left the house for their usual morning workout. Jerry rode his bike and at the time, Andy was training for a half marathon. They took two different routes that morning. As Jerry was wrapping up his workout for the morning, he noticed police activity near their home after not hearing from Jesus agrophone and it pinged right here at this inner section, Andy was hit and killed by Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, it shows her jeep and it's just absolutely and totally mangled. Or maybe this was the jeep that I hit her or something very.
Speaker 3: Bad car accidents.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I way more like that until somebody does make a move about the lights. Isn't that obvious at this point taking a petition.
Speaker 1: It's not like there was a little tiny fender bender and they were old and they died. It was like a really bad accident, like a really bad car accident that happened to start this all out. Let us know what you think, give us your thoughts and a dispatch.
Speaker 2: Over to thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we're gonna have those updates I talked about in the Misty Roberts case. What happened? This has been going on in court and what did her son do? Or son was mad because he caught her? Misty Roberts, the mayor of this town. At one point in time, her son caught her in the pool having sex with his friend. The case just wrapped up after explosive headlines everywhere yesterday. What happened in court? We're going to talk about that jury duty and that's coming up next on The News Junkie. We're gonna get into your emails, your dispatches, all the rest. You can email the show tips at the news Junki dot com, t I p s at thenews junkie dot com. It's pretty easy for you to do, or at least it should be oh huge thanks to Djrage by the way, for the ten gifted subs. Djrage gifting ten subscriptions the Secret shows. You can nab those while you can over on the website The News Junkie dot com. What a what a guy Djrage, Thank you so much for that. Folks, take a dive into the world the secret shows. Claim those while they're available on the website at Thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, here we go, let's do jury duty. Cord is now in sessions. Upot your phone now and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 2: You're knowing jury duty with the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mode wit of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go just Calmo eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Calmo or go to Justcalmo dot com after an accident. There is one place for you to go. It's the guy that you know from this show. It's the guy that you trust. It's the guy who's going to throw an amazing mini Masters tournament when the weather is a little bit clearer in a couple of weeks here, but right now, he's the guy who's going to help you after your accident. Eight six six Calmo eight six six Calmo eight hundred Como, actually eight hundred Como or just Calmo dot com. All right, let's see what we have here. The update in the Misty Roberts case. For those of you who didn't tune in yesterday, Misty Roberts is the woman who she was the mayor for a little while and then she was caught having sex with her son's friend in a pool. And the most amazing thing about a story like this is I can still go to you guys and all you got. Some of you guys are just warped. Other than DJ Rage, DJ Rage not warped, but all the rest of you are just warped. Because I'll say, if Misty Roberts came up to you tonight and said you want to go home with me, would you say yes or no? And like seventy percent of you guys are like yep, yep, yep, yep, pep yep pep. Will Wood would would would would would?
Speaker 2: I can fix her. I can fix her. I can fix her.
Speaker 1: Good looking lady, she was, she's an attractive lady. She has no need to find her son's sixteen year old friend to sleep with him. She could find somebody on her own with ease a Courtney. After the show, the other it was like, she's like she looks like the horn version of a woman. Next door, like, she's a pretty blonde lady who could get a guy exactly so many, so many times. The guy that they go for is the sixteen year old friend of the sun. What the hell's going on here? And you guys would still.
Speaker 7: Do her?
Speaker 1: I I don't know, that's very weird to me. Let's instead see what happened in the courtroom for this case when she was the mayor of DeRidder, the ritter where this went down in Louisiana, and let's see what happened here we go.
Speaker 22: Breaking news tonight, A jury just found former DeRidder mayor Misty Roberts guilty on both charges. Good evening, I'm so the jury deliberated for around an hour before finding Roberts guilty of indecent behavior with a juvenile and carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
Speaker 1: Carnal knowledge that is an old alphole. What does that even entail cardinal knowledge of? Is this sex offender list stuff? Because it sure sounds like it.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is the first time I've heard her charges described as such.
Speaker 1: I read third degree rape.
Speaker 3: Uh so it's an archaic legal term.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sexual intercourse, specifically referring to unlawful x sexual assault.
Speaker 3: That's the one.
Speaker 5: Yes, But the first word after is n When it says archaic, doesn't that mean we've retired it already or is that just that's all the town?
Speaker 1: I mean, they're just implying that this is like old law. I guess, like it's like the nineteen hundreds, eighteen hundreds. You would have this and they'd be like, you're on trial for connal law with a minor, and you know, they do the whole pomp and circumstance thing. And now this lady got charged with it here in twenty twenty six. But I mean, obviously what she did was wrong. I can't why isn't it just didn't they just used to call this like, uh, statutory rape? Yeah, I guess story rate would. I think this term predates that really, And like I said, where I've read it, like.
Speaker 4: Let me go back to the New York Post here, because I'm pretty sure that the New York Post has like eight different stories about this woman.
Speaker 1: I know they've been going with when there's only really three.
Speaker 4: They have really tried to juice this thing for as much as possible.
Speaker 1: But the I didn't read carnal knowledge in any of these Okay, let's see what else they say here, because they're getting into the jury in the case. Curtis has been following the trial for us and joins us now from the courthouse generator the falling Hole over on, Chad says, does it matter what the pedo looks like? Yeah? It does for that point, because there are there are a lot of guys. If it's a good looking woman, they will look past this stuff. And I always find that so weird. I'm like, this is why, guys, if you're a young man listening to this show. One key piece of advice that I will tell you that I tell my son that I would tell anybody who's a young man in the dating world with an ear, stay away from BPD women, from BPD girls, the women young women with borderline personality sort run in the other direction as fast as you possibly can. Don't say I'm gonna give it a chance. Don't say I'm excited. It's like, you know, sometimes when I'm around here, there's fireworks. BPD girls, run the other way from them, Run the other way because it's always going to explode like this. But so many guys, if they're attractive, we'll be like, wow, I mean I can fix her. I'll give her another chance here every time, every time, it's gonna end in failure. Don't tell me, but the sex is so good? You weirdos in chat, don't I don't don't yet, gues never stick it in crazy. Yes, that is that is a better idea.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: I did say two charges of cardinal knowledge of a juvenile and indecent behavior with a juvenile.
Speaker 1: I thought my original a lot.
Speaker 4: I saw a third degree rape somewhere, but honestly, that could be just a different teacher story.
Speaker 1: It could be anything. I'll play a little more of this. Let's see what I say about.
Speaker 9: That's right, Cynthio. We did here today too. Guilty verdicts come out of the jury. Felny conal knowledge and felony indecent behavior with the juvenile. After that verdict was read, it was emotions came out in the coreum. The victim's mother began crying. She was asked to leave, and then Misty Roberts.
Speaker 1: The victim's mother, began crying, Yeah, let's get out of here, bitch. What are you crying about? Is going to die of high fives? After this? The mom of the sixteen year old started crying. The mom who said, did you get pregnant? And the woman, Misty Roberts, at the center of all this door dashed a plan B so that she could take it and make sure she wasn't going to get pregnant with this sixteen year old. That woman started crying in the courtroom and as a result, they booted her out. I'm going to save the rest of this for the final hour of the show. I do have updates on the war in Iran and some reaction to it, especially what happened behind closed Doors yesterday, some interesting stuff there, and a bunch of clips I got to play. So all of that is coming up the Power Hour, the final hour of the show, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. We've been talking the last couple of days about this Misty Roberts story, and Seilan is very right about this story because some of the outlets covering it. The New York Post was definitely one of them where they just went kind of wall to wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm really surprised that I didn't read in the New York Post what I just read from KPLC.
Speaker 1: The TV station is that the one we're just you're watching right now. Seven uh yes, seven KPLC. Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. They did a whole report about the victims testimony in court. The victim took the stand. This is the sixteen year old, this woman who was the ma of this town in Louisiana was busted by her son having sex with his sixteen year old friend in the pool. And that's the victim that was, I guess speaking in court here.
Speaker 4: Now he had already done one of those interviews with the Children's Advocate Advocacy Center. Not even that hard of a word, but he told Jurorsy was truthful during the c AC interview which they played for.
Speaker 1: The jury, and then they kind of went through the whole.
Speaker 4: Night with him, okay, and said, you know, he showed up to the party, they told him he could get drinks from the fridge. They're like yeats for all, for all of us, you know, as a party that I think they said in earlier testimony that Misty Roberts had like kind of asked her kids or you know what alcohol they want to get for this party, and she was pretty drunk.
Speaker 1: By the time.
Speaker 4: The victim arrived and he was trying to catch up and that's why he ended up throwing up from from drinking, all right, And then he goes through the flirting and stuff and they were kissing by the pool.
Speaker 2: No, they haven't named it. I don't name the victims sixteen right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's just all the details and right about the name.
Speaker 1: And that everybody locally knows, though you would imagine it gets into that. So he asked if they could go upstairs, and she agreed, and then they'd go through the sex part, and he said he was like dizzy because he was drunk. And there was like an alleged that one of the kids at the party might have gotten some video of it, but nobody has come forward with the video. But they like said they saw a phone like in a window or something like that. No, they were recording the this mom, the mayor of the town. They were recording her having sex with the son's six men year old.
Speaker 3: Friends on Snapchat.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 4: May have been may not have been the I think that one of the kids said, I put my phone up. I held my phone up to the window, but I don't know if I hit record. And the cops never got any video of it, but they were like, you know, planning on not telling anybody. And the next day, the victim sister called him and said, hey, it's getting out there, right, So he told his parents, who told him the only part that was his fault was getting that drunk, which makes sense. He also called his girlfriend, who broke up with him because he cheated, oh damn.
Speaker 1: And then going through it, and so then.
Speaker 4: This is where this is where I was like, oh gosh, this is getting crazy. The girlfriend immediately gets a new boyfriend who was her old boyfriend, her ex before him. She goes back to her ex, and now the victim thinks that her ex is the one that told everybody about it.
Speaker 1: Really, oh so okay, So the sixteen year old who this mayor mom was having sex with in the pool thinks that his girlfriend's ex is the one that blew the whistle on the relationship. Yeah, so he could get back with his ex girlfriend, which was actually successfully. He said that.
Speaker 4: He said that, he said, but he couldn't be sure that that was the case, And the defense asked, you were becoming kind of famous. The victim replied, unfortunately correct. The defense pressed him on the breakup with his girlfriend, and he clarified that she had broken up with him. He also confirmed he told both his parents and prosecutors that that things came what the plan B might have been needed.
Speaker 1: He crossed the finish line in correct, Yeah, okay, okay, and the.
Speaker 4: Jury was shown text messages from the victim's phone. This is where I went, Oh my okay.
Speaker 1: Text messages on YouTube, says Ryan on YouTube says this town is exhausting and.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: The jury was shown text messages from the victim's phone, verified by the same technical forensic investigator. The state called that, uh, you know, to prove other text messages were real and these text matches. The new boyfriend wrote that he knew everything. He used an expletive and a racial slur. Doesn't say which ones, and then he he wrote this. This is what he wrote to the victim. Couldn't tap that ex girlfriend name redacted, so you got to tap the mayor, right the victim. The victim replied, low key, kind of disrespectful, but I tapped that.
Speaker 3: Too, a little insign to ban tikteen in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six, let me somebody in Chad, says victim in quotes, and I mean it's It's such a weird, interesting dynamic in these kind of stories because I don't know how he was portraying himself in the stand, but he says that it was his idea to go upstairs. He was like, all right, you know, let's stop making out of the pool. Let's bring this somewhere else. This doesn't make her not in the wrong, She's one hundred percent in the wrong. She's a predator. That's disgusting that he's sixteen. He's a kid, for god's sake. You're an attractive woman. You could get a guy on your own. Not that that should matter. You just can't be with kids, okay, it's an easy thing to avoid your whole life. Don't have sex with kids, okay, And yet she does it. So she's a monster. But for him, like he knew exactly what he was doing, I think you knew exactly what he was doing. His mother started crying in the courtroom, and then yeah, they kicked her out of the courtroom. Sorry, if you're just tuning in, he didn't hear any of this. This is like a whiplage, juicy, guys. The story, I know is like a whiplage. But here's some more from this report from KPOC.
Speaker 9: That's right, Canthio.
Speaker 1: We did here.
Speaker 9: Today two guilty verdicts come out of the jury for felony knal knowledge and felony indecent behavior.
Speaker 1: With the juvenile.
Speaker 9: After that verdict was read, it was emotions came out in the coortum. The victim's mother began crying, she was asked to leave, and then Misty Roberts began sobbing. Ultimately, I'm sure that happened, began discussing what was going to happen with her sensing we know that sentencing date is April.
Speaker 1: Seventh, so she got to walk away. She just got to walk away from the courtroom after being found guilty out on bond. I'm sure.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They're waiting for her sentencing, so she's free right now.
Speaker 20: Eighth of this year.
Speaker 9: We also know that Roberts was accused of having sex with a teen at a twenty twenty four pool party while she was mayor, and today there was more shocking testimony from the team at the center of the trial. He took the stand today and described in detail what he says happened the night of the alleged incident. He testified Roberts was really drunk, and he'd also been drinking heavily. He then told Juris they had sex. He testified that afterwards he realized what was happening. He claims Roberts and her son got into a fight, in which she allegenate, go fight your friend.
Speaker 1: He's the one who did it, right, God, So the son and the mom get in a fight because the mom had sex with his sixteen year old friend is the one that banged me, and she don't fight with me, fight with him. He is the one who banged me.
Speaker 3: Baby, my god.
Speaker 1: Chusing arguments, the jerry deliberated for under.
Speaker 9: An hour now just as we wrapped up court today and we got that date for that hearing April seventeenth at nine am. There was issues that came up in court. Ultimately, the judge first at first said that she was going to be taken back in the custody and said at a one hundred thousand dollars bond, But the defense team argued that there's some sort of stipulation with her original bond that may make it to where she does.
Speaker 1: Not have to be taken into cargel budd court right now discussality.
Speaker 9: Came outside just to tell you guys about this alter.
Speaker 1: That she got out on a technicality because of an earlier deal that they made, and she was released. For those of you asking questions, is she still the mayor? Says Ted, No, she is not the mayor of Deridter of Louisiana anymore mayor of Poundtown. She was the mayor of Poundtown for that particular night. She is currently a free woman until at least her April seventeenth sentencing date, and says cardinal knowledge carries a sentence of up to ten years in prison, while in decent behavior carries a sentence of up to seven years. And sex offender, Yeah, she'll be required to register as a Tier one sex offender.
Speaker 5: Now the you know part of being a registered sex offender you cannot be around children.
Speaker 3: Does that change if you're if you have children.
Speaker 1: I believe it does.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, like like her son lives with her, right or no?
Speaker 2: She would be able to see her own kids still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if she, I mean, she carries up to seventeen years in prison. So if her son, sorry, sorry trying to thank you.
Speaker 4: If her you know, if she does do a couple of years in prison. Likely her kid will be of age. Now she has multiple kids, but you know by the time she gets out of prison that that might not be an issue.
Speaker 1: Roberts, I'm so sorry. I know I what he said. A lot of stuff. It was all it was important, it was good. I two videos started playing at the same time. I don't know where it came from.
Speaker 3: I'm crazy to take away, has drop. Slinger privileges no.
Speaker 1: No, don't take away, and he drops, like going to play the audio for the show. I need that now.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of relying on it. All right, there we go, give us your comments.
Speaker 3: Take for your commentary, Celan, I appreciated your take.
Speaker 1: Mister Roberts. What do we think is an appropriate sentence for Misty Roberts? What do we think time behind bars? We know she's going to be registered as a sex offender. With everything considered, this woman is a mother who had a party and got all her son's sixteen year old friends drunk, had sex with one of them at the party. People were aware of it and like filming it through the window and all of that stuff. And she has been found guilty of this cardinal knowledge and whatever the other charge was how long?
Speaker 9: What? What?
Speaker 1: What would be a sentence that was fair in this situation, because I mean it's one of these stories where I mean, she could face a long time behind bars, she could get a slap on the wrist, you never know.
Speaker 5: But what would have to compare because we've seen teachers who don't get any jail time. We've seen teachers who have gone multiple years, even a decade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: It depends ten years, ten years. I was gonna say three.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go with five.
Speaker 1: No, you can go with whatever you want. No answer, there's no there's no right or wrong answer. It's just what you think is a fair punishment for somebody. MFQ says, I know somebody who got ten years, but for her, I think it should be more.
Speaker 3: Fifteen years knowingly did it.
Speaker 5: And then even the back and forth that we've heard about the text messages and yeah, conversations like I'm not hearing any remorse.
Speaker 1: One week in the boys prison. Come on, you guys, it's definitely gonna be a movie about this. Three to five years. I think that this is what those things where if it wasn't an attractive blonde woman and it was.
Speaker 2: Some like gnarly looking troll.
Speaker 1: Okay, guy roles on his face with hair coming out.
Speaker 4: We we did have a story yesterday where the person in question was a little less attractive than than the person we're talking about now. And and the person the student in question, maybe that was the one that was third degree rape. The student in question actually told her to get off at one point, not in the fun way, not.
Speaker 3: In the you know, you know, flirting.
Speaker 5: Back admitted that he was the one that came up with the idea versus other cases in which there's grooming and it's not the other party though underage and cannot technically consent.
Speaker 2: I think that should be factored in now.
Speaker 1: I do the fact that he yes escalated, the fact that not only did he escalate it, but he's like dropping jokes on text messages with his afterwards. Yeah, yeah, I think that it shows the state of mind that he has. And his mom might be crying, and I could see why his mom would be upset and all of those things. But I can tell you being somebody who was a sixteen year old boy, and if I was, if I lived through exactly these same circumstances, I would have come out on the other side, and most sixteen year old boys would fine. I wouldn't come out like he's ruined and mentally damaged for the rest of his life. No, he got drunk at a party like so many sixteen year olds do. He banged him along, he banged a mom.
Speaker 2: He'd gotten involved in a legendary story.
Speaker 1: He'll probably be the equivalent of who's the guy who takes his shirt off all the time and tells this? Yeah, he'll probably be like a Bert Kreischer in fifteen years or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Are you referring to the recent.
Speaker 2: News of Burt No, I have what's recent?
Speaker 3: I don't know, sorrying to.
Speaker 5: Make the rounds on social media, but a parent at one point there was a joke or a discussion, either in the new show that he does or on the podcast that was it weird that he became aroused when his kid was sitting.
Speaker 1: On his lap. That is pretty weird. That's curb your enthusiasm levels of weird, and only Larry David can usually get away with that stuff.
Speaker 3: Sorry to deter, but that's now all I can think of with the shirt off as well.
Speaker 2: I have not seen his his show. It's not really my cup of.
Speaker 1: Tea necessarily, but yeah, all right, let's tell me you think what's the fair punishment.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you before The Power Hour wraps up on the show.
Speaker 1: Give us your thoughts with a dispatch at thenewsjunkie dot com or tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. We'll get into some of that feedback that's coming up next. Also, I want to tell you about a bus driver from Hell and those Iran updates will be next. Everything going on there, including there was a closed door meeting and I've got the reaction from people up there. They came out of this closed door meeting. I wanted to talk about whether you believe them or not and what we think about this. I'll play those and we'll get into everything else as The Power Hour rolls on. Its coming up next on the News Junkie. All right, we're back. We've got more things to get into in the Power Hour. Gas prices I'm sure just soaring as we're speaking today. Let's see how things are going on the stock market with this whole war in Iran thing going on out there. Well, the Dow doesn't seem to be reacting in too negatively a way.
Speaker 2: It's up today at least to bend down.
Speaker 1: The Tao is up two hundred and fifty five points at forty eight seven fifty six. It's kind of funny that that one lady said the Tao is in fifty thousand, and so now when the doaw isn't at fifty thousand, it's like, I always think of that woman's sad.
Speaker 5: We followed up on the Epstein question that she was supposed to answer, why don't you scream about the deck?
Speaker 1: Not sure, but it seems to matter now because the dow isn't at fifty thousand, We're at forty eight seven fifty six at least for the moment. Let's get into some updates on the Iran situation. Here's what's happening. There's a war going on. We're bombing the hell out of Iran. I think they talked about it press conferentarily. Let me see if I can bring up that clip where the White House Press secretary was like, we are annihilating them, we are just blowing them away, which is probably true. And it looks like Iran was one of those paper tigers you hear about where they talked tough I mean not long before this, the leader, the Supreme leader of Iran, when talking about negotiating with the United States of America, was like death to America.
Speaker 2: If you come at us, we will stump you out.
Speaker 1: We will kill you all like cockroaches. And he was over the top and saying if you mess with Iran, you will get the heat of a thous fires, you know, the end of a million blades at your neck. And after all of that, it's like, well, maybe not.
Speaker 4: Well after that, the woman who was reporting on the Ayatola's death on like the state run television channel that was threatening the president of the United States saying how he was going to pay for it. She said, specifically, he was going to pay for it in a way that no president has ever paid before.
Speaker 1: I was like, presidents have gotten shot to death. What is the way that he's going to pay like no other president has paid before? Double shot. Here here it is, here's the press secretary at the White House talking about how things are going in Iran. Here, and they'll bring you behind closed doors.
Speaker 25: Under the leadership of President Donald J. Trump, the rogue Iranian terrorist regime is being absolutely crushed. Forty seven years of tolerating and enabling the world's leading states sponsor of terrorism are over. Iran's murderous terrorist leaders are paying for their crimes against America, and they are paying in blood.
Speaker 1: Message going in, They're paying in blood, she said at the White House. And what did she say? Absolutely hold on, let me.
Speaker 25: Bring it back, President Donald J.
Speaker 1: Trump.
Speaker 25: The rogue Iraqian terrorist regime is being absolutely crushed.
Speaker 1: Absolutely crushed. That's what's happening over there. Now. There was a big doug There was a big meeting, and I'll bring you into the response after that big meeting. But a couple other clips I have on Iran. One this was a wacky one, very weird. A mysterious shortwave radio station has popped up over time. These have been used to send secret messages around seeing find the Wikipedia on these What are the short wave like secret radio stations called him no no, look up shortwave secret military radio station, find the Wikipedia. It's some there's a name for them, but I can't think of it right now. Code station, something like that. And they they you go to these short wave stations and you hear this mystery message. No no, no, no, no no no number stations, number stations that's it. Hold that hold the number stations wiki up if you have that, and here's one of them, because this just popped up coming out of wrong.
Speaker 8: This is it.
Speaker 6: That's weird, all right.
Speaker 1: So there's this long string of letters. Those are letters in Arabic or whatever. I guess Arabic might be the written language Farci maybe that they're giving out here on this frequency. And it's either a message being beamed in to Iran for like people in the government who are going to try to topple the government, or out of Iran for a message for like you know, for their secret ops who are all over the world. You never know what these are. You have no idea what these actually are. They're called what are they called again? Number of stations? Number station? What's the wiki say on that? Because they're kind of interesting. The shortwave radio station and it's shortwave shortwave radio station.
Speaker 7: He said radio.
Speaker 1: But that's okay.
Speaker 2: You just trying to listen to him.
Speaker 4: Characterized by broadcasts of formatted numbers, which are believed to be addressed to intelligence officers operating in foreign countries.
Speaker 3: In countries.
Speaker 4: Most identified, the stations use speech synthesis to vocalize the numbers.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what we heard.
Speaker 4: Although digital modes such as face shifting, king of frequency gifting shifting, as well as morse code transmissions are not uncommon.
Speaker 1: The one that I was reading about yesterday, I may or may not have been to the bathroom. This is what I take into the bathroom. Attention On is the one that I was reading about where they talk about the station in Cuba that became the world's first number station to be officially and publicly accused of transmitting to spies. It was the centerpiece of the United States Federal Court espionage trial following the rest of the WASP network of Cuban spies in nineteen ninety eight. The US prosecutors claimed they were using this shortwave radio station it was just like the one you just heard coming out of Iran. Now with this war going on, and they were writing down number CODs received from Attention On using Sony handheld shortwave receivers and typing the numbers into laptop computers that would decode the spying instructions. Some of the messages that were gathered were like prioritize and continue to strengthen for the friendship with Joe and Dennis under no circumstances should agents German or Castro fly with BTTR or any other organizations on Day's twenty four, twenty six, and twenty seven. That's a CIA affiliated group, the BTTR congratulate all the female comrades for International Day of the Woman. They would they would give them all these names, and they would give them instructions and stuff. And that's what happens on these number stations. And now there's one just blasting in Iran.
Speaker 5: After all of this sounds so creepy. Immediately reminded me of long legs. Yeah, does that scratchy?
Speaker 1: Yeah. The fact that it's like a clear signal makes it much more nefarious sounding. Meanwhile, here's another clip. I'm working through some of these here. This one was on CNN, where I guess all hell broke loose. They thought they were gonna get hit with a rocket in the middle of a broadcast. Here's CNN things coming in. So we are going to just Unmike Daily unlike and then go downstairs just running the mic. Pretty ramatic, Yeah, really, just that's pretty dramatic. Pull out and run go. We're just going to get onto this camera, all right, and we're kidding me. Is she going to keep the interview going? She's got another mic now, I think she might be keeping the interview going, Dan, you can you can just air raid sirens going off. Okay, this is in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Speaker 3: All right, guys start breaking down the equipment if you can't, please.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't mind.
Speaker 26: I'm gonna keep going all right, I'm gonna just move slowly here while Dan's coming with me.
Speaker 3: Dan, okay, is he about to attend?
Speaker 26: We're gonna move so you hear the sirens now. And this is all around the area that we're in in Tel Aviv, So that initial warning.
Speaker 3: It was about I think five or six minutes.
Speaker 1: Dan, Okay, they're not freaking out as much as I would be keeping all.
Speaker 27: Right, this this could be fire from Lebanon as well from the Iranian instructed Hizbollah, which is part of this is part of the Iranian regime strategy of voice bloss warfare.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I could keep the interview.
Speaker 5: It's up Barbara walters pace when she does that brow and they walk along the lake, but there's bombs headed their way.
Speaker 1: But Sean, are you crapping your pants right now? Yeah, yep, I am. I'm not going to be able to string together any good sentences for you here. Yes, I am.
Speaker 27: No, it's going right now as many as much missiles coming from it could be the houties in Yemen, we don't know.
Speaker 1: But this is the Iranian regime survival strategy. If you wait long enough, you can read the pieces of the bomb left over track.
Speaker 27: The world attention away from the Iranian front itself.
Speaker 2: All right, there you go. They're in the middle of the live shot.
Speaker 1: They end up doing the interview as they're going away to stay in one of these you know, these secure areas. Yeah, go to the bomb shelter. I guess for the duration of that, but they stayed on. Here's another one making the rounds five million views. This was Trump being asked who should be Iran's new leader? Here he goes, Now, as you.
Speaker 24: Said, all the people you did have in mind that take it out, Well, most of the people we had in mind a dead. So you know we had some in mind from that group that is is dead, and now we have another group. They may be dead also based on reports. So I guess you have a third wave coming. And I'm pretty sure we're not.
Speaker 1: Going to know anybody, So he said, who's going to be the next leader, Well, we had somebody in mind, but all died.
Speaker 4: He doesn't really like to put a big emphasis on the word dead dead dead dead.
Speaker 1: And then they said, well then we had a second round of people, but now they may be all dead because they were going to determine who is going to be the next leader of Iran. And then they bombed that meeting as well. Things looking pretty dire if you look at what Iran is doing output wise. On Saturday in Israel, there were one hundred and seventy six warning sirens like the one you just heard. On Sunday, it went from one hundred and seventy six to one hundred and five. On Monday, it dropped to just forty two. On Tuesday it was down to thirty seven sirens. That means there are less missiles incoming into Israel that's the big target here, and less coming from Iran, less coming from any of Iran's actual allies, and less in the stockpile that Iran actually has. And they've been releasing stuff like this two point three million views this video of an Iranian missile hitting a US ship all right. The problem with this the US ship in question is they said the Soyuz missile is the missile that they fired, and the Yamatto the Yamato, I guess sank in April of nineteen forty five, so that this was not legitimate from the Iranians. They did not actually shoot down one of our ships. And the name of the missile that they used in this video was a space carrier. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think they've they were lying a little bit on that particular one. Speaking of lions, I see this, speaking of lying, I should say, speaking of lying, I see this everywhere today and they're saying, look, the Israelis are bombing fake fighter jets that are just etched into the ground, like they made a giant fighter jet into the land, and they thought that they were bombing an actual fighter jet, but instead it was like the equivalent of like going into a field and making one of those alien type messages or whatever that cross circles. But on the ground, you on a planet Earth, they made a gigantic thing that looks like it's a plane, and they said the Israelis were bombing this. This is old footage, so it's it's not new but it's making the rounds right now. There's another one where it's like, oh, they thought they were bombing a helicopter, but it wasn't really a helicopter. It was just they made something on the ground that looked like a helicopter if you were flying over with radar. These are from I think two thousand, twenty five June sixteenth. They're from the Twelve Day War June sixteenth, but they're making the rounds, As is the story which was going megaviral yesterday where they said the three jets, the three F fifteen's that were shot down accidentally in Kuwait were three hundred million dollars, which is more than Doze saved.
Speaker 2: But that was incorrect.
Speaker 1: Dose shot news. Dose saved a lot more than that, but it would have been like kind of a catchy thing. That's why I went viral. People were like, all the money we saved, the Doge, we just lost because there was three US fighters that were accidentally shot down by the Kuwaitis, so we wasted more money. That was not true. It was not accurate, but it did show up everywhere. Just in case you see that, that, my friends, is what we call fake news. Yes, indeed, all right, now you know, now, you know, back in a moment with the closed door clips that I have all so I'll try to get to this bus driver story that I tease and then everything else to wrap up the show for a Wednesday. That is all coming up next on the news Junkie. All right, A lot to do in a little bit of time on the way out. First things first, big thanks to sun State John again, he's on top of the gifted scoreboard. He just gifted twenty five subs. I know he's out of control. Let somebody else carry the weight for a little while. I also have to add this now while I'm thinking, AJ Soup donated another secret show. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: AJ Soup.
Speaker 1: Love her. She's the best, really, really a fantastic human being. Claim those now, right now. If you're listening to the show and you've ever wanted to open the world of secret shows, get the ad free stream, get all the huge back catalog of uncensored shows. Just scroll down to secret Shows. You'll see where they are there. But on top of the website when these are active, somebody asked yesterday, it just says free gift subscriptions available. Claim now, and you click it and you just hit claim and then boom, you got access just like that, grab him while you can't come on state, John, how dare you don't do that? I wasted all right? I don't have a lot of time left. How much can I work in? I don't. I can't get to these clips that I was gonna play. Basically, Uh now, I'm gonna say that. I mean, we'll talk about we will do updates on Iran tomorrow and I'll i'll work those in. Also, the South Park writer set up some website hashtag send barn to try to get Baron Trump sent over to Iran. He wanted to get him sent over there, and that's something that's happening. I saw that out there. And let's do the final dispatches because I want to work some in here. He's on the final dispatch, but Sean will probably only you know nothing, John Snow, maybe maybe not. Let me refresh what's going on with our dispatches and play a couple. Here's well, it's a very long dispatch from Warrior. I'm sure it's it's super interesting. I'll I'll read it afterwards, I'll listen to it afterwards.
Speaker 2: I'll have time for it.
Speaker 1: Uh, here is I smell its? Hello, Sean, I need to show your ceiling. What's up? Love the show.
Speaker 4: I just want to tell you, Sean, I've been watching your shorts that it had come across by oh YouTube shorts algorithm, and.
Speaker 1: He's cutting out, but he says he likes the short videos I'm posting. He absolutely loves him. They've been coming across through the algorithm. Thank you. I appreciate that those have been going very well, and it's because of your support.
Speaker 2: Here's Gator.
Speaker 11: My daughter is going into the military and she knows that there's a chance that she could lose her wife.
Speaker 17: Laugh.
Speaker 11: But that's what she signed up for. But the reason where Iran is blatantly obvious. If they get nuclear missiles at any point, they will shoot them at our ships, at US, at nearby countries.
Speaker 1: It's obvious.
Speaker 11: Anybody that says, well, I need to know why we're over there, you need to get a clue because once they get nuclear capabilities, they will use them immediately to destroy Israel, US, our troops, our bases, anybody they can attack, they will use them.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Appreciate Lots of opinions on that topic, for sure, and you can interact with the rest of them if you'd like. Over at the Newsjunkie dot com. Click dispatches and you can see what everybody said. The story that didn't make the cut today The bus driver a Montgomery County bus driver in Pennsylvania. Officials have issued in a restaurant for the bus driver after they say the person drove a bus filled with children while having a blood alcohol level.
Speaker 2: Four times the legal limit.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. Kelly Weber, forty six, charged with driving under the influence fifty counts of endangering the welfare of Chiam. She had an open seven to fifty of Tito's vodka, two empty fifty mill bottles of Tito's vodka, and a receipt from Fine Wine and Good Spirits for nine to twenty two am on the bus.
Speaker 3: For all her first time driving those kids drunk.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. She had a point three to three to one alcohol level. That's a lot. Point three to three one is real steep. And then her THHC level was a six point six. But I don't know what the hell that means. I've yeah, I've never heard a measurement for THHD level THCHC level six point six. What does that mean? High siltzers my last TJI on the way out. If I had a THC level of six point six, what does that mean?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 1: How many ounces or grams of weed or whatever?
Speaker 7: Let's see.
Speaker 28: The THHC level of six point six usually refers to the concentration of heetohydrocannabinol in your system wow, often measured in nanograms per milli leader in a blood test. It doesn't translate directly to a specific amount in grams or ounces of weed consumed.
Speaker 1: Because it's because of your like size and your weight.
Speaker 3: And the six point seems a lot.
Speaker 1: I guess that's a lot. They were drunk and high as hell at the almost crashed the bus. Yeah, well that doesn't surprise me at all. All right, let's get the hell out of here, and don't worry. I'm putting that song up that steel and played earlier, the song from the beginning of the show. Put it up on the news junkie dot com right after this.
Speaker 15: Let's suit Today I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky. It's done, or what were called today? It is today learned for a Wednesday, March fourth, twenty twenty six. Here we are already cruising through the year. There's six more of those gifted subs from sun State John available on the News Junkie dot Com. Grab them as we get the hell out of here. Here it goes today. I learned this show an that's right Danny DeVito. I've always studied in Philadelphia, worked as a cosmatologist for dead bodies in a morgue before.
Speaker 2: Being an actor.
Speaker 1: He began as after a client of his died as he worked at a beautician at a salon and they said, you did a great job. Keep doing this. And finally today learned this band right here and oh close, oh Panic Panic at the Disco.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they sound very similar.
Speaker 1: Panic at the Disco started out as a Blink with eighty two cover band. I've done that like ten times. I just wanted to end with high hope. So here goes. Thank you so much for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, the same place. Miss sending the show. Get the podcast over.
Speaker 2: At the news Junkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the gifted subs and we'll see you tomorrow. The varotities,