Speaker 1: Join Hawk and Marni Gellner this Wednesday. Drekker Brewing Yes in Fargo, presented by Bell Bank, be there as they join the rest of The Power Trip Morning Show Live, plus a special call in from you.
Speaker 2: Guessed it, Josh Tumel. You got that right.
Speaker 1: Taproom opens at six am. More info kap dot com, hered calendar.
Speaker 3: I'm super excited. We'll be there on Wednesday. We got a beer each of us for a raising money for charity things ourference of Bell Bank, and we'll be live a Dreker, Marny and I five thirty to nine on Wednesday, and Josh we'll be calling in from New Mexico. We're very excited. It's gonna be good. I always wanted to have my face on a care I can't a beer, I should say, as opposed to the back of milk curtain.
Speaker 2: M well played. Yeah, difference, big difference.
Speaker 3: Big difference. Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Plus, you don't want people looking for.
Speaker 3: You, No, I pleast, let let me let me go.
Speaker 2: As I've said, if he goes missing, just leave him Ben. Yeah, there's a podcast. Yeah, I'm excited to hear this.
Speaker 3: So I don't normally do this kind of thing. But I I didn't want to hear any more about football, and I was just I needed something. I needed to cleanse the old palette, as were talking about earlier. So I just looked at what was the the the the most downloaded podcasts for the year that I'd never heard of on on my podcast app got it, yeah, m And one of them showed up by the name of Wisecrack wise Crack, and it was it was true crime podcast, which is always fun. You know, those are almost always interesting if they're done well right. So, without even looking at it, I just said, well, there's a there's a picture of a stand up comedian and it's called Wisecrack and it says it's true crime. I'm gonna give it a listen, and I'm gonna tell you right now the very first episode, which is called Knock Knock, a lady walks in to so you know how in Scotland. What's the name of the town in Scotland, Barbroughs.
Speaker 2: What did you get?
Speaker 3: That was like five people that they answered Edinburgh, Edinburgh, thank you. They have a comedy fest. We're like like the convenience store, the paint shop and the wedding dress store. All the stores cleaning out their shops and they become comedy clubs for this one week, and comedians from all over the world come and they do comedy in these weird places. Well, this lady, it's raining outside and she's on vacation. She steps into one of these shops and there's a comedian on stage and he tells this story that is the most amazing story, and he expertly weaves comedy into it as he's telling the story. And it is a fascinating true story. By the way, I looked it up to confirm it. Everything he says is true. And that's what the documentary is about. I encourage you all to listen to it again. It's called wisecrack. WI s E crack. Wisecrack. What's the true crime part of it? I don't want to ruin it for you, Okay, it is too important, and I would encourage you to listen to the first episode and then I won't have to worry about encouraging you to listen to the rest of them because you won't be able to stop. Wow, I listened to the entire I think it's six episodes. Let me see six episodes in twelve hours. That's just that quickly, and that's how good it is. And then I listened to the first two again. Wow, it's astounding. I've never heard anything like it. It's called wisecrack. It is a fantastic, fantastic podcast. And I can't wait to see the movie because it definitely will be a movie.
Speaker 2: Oh sweet, it definitely will be.
Speaker 3: But it is a true story, and it happened, by the way, my good friend and Day about an hour from South End on the.
Speaker 2: Sea, Ballsacked by the Sea, Ballsack by the Sea.
Speaker 3: So I want to talk to Andy at some point to find out if he knows the story. But it involves a very grizzly murder and something very very scary and something very odd, and then in the end, something very important that we all need to understand, I think a little bit more so wyse Crack.
Speaker 2: Whyscra great podcast. Well, Andy's on the run from the law.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know he's He's involved in this true crime.
Speaker 2: No ye, yeah, is it hard to understand? Is it? Is it done with their diet Act? No? Not at all? Okay, not at all.
Speaker 3: No, I wish it were though. I always like to listen to those who do you want to mir or or I'd rather have been do it.
Speaker 2: No, I can't do it. You can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Oh I think you just I think I'm trying to kill me.
Speaker 2: What happens if somebody tries to fight.
Speaker 3: You gotta beat them here, So there you go. But right now, ladies and gentlemen, as we jump into sports once again, as were your your number one rated sports UH morning show in the world.
Speaker 1: It's time for five on the Power Trip, presented by Builders and Remodeling Remos.
Speaker 3: Thank you, love the listeners for voting us to number one, winning the championship in sixty four.
Speaker 2: Let's see here, Bracho. The Wild have lost.
Speaker 1: Uh. They have lost two straight. After losing four one to the Flames and then four to two to the Canucks on Saturday, they addle the Seattle cracking the night at nine pm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got.
Speaker 1: A sugarcoat it the first one, the first loss not great, but you know, he kind of it happens.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 1: The Vancouver loss certainly more concerning. Just did not have it the last couple of games, and and you know, I mean, it's a long season. Things are gonna happen. It just it just kind of kind of blows. But they can beat the cracking tonight in Seattle and salvage the road trip, make it come home, and then they got a nice homestand this weekend, so hopefully they can take care of business and and we'll come back home to friendlier confines and maybe start a new winning streak. But yeah, not not gonna lie rough weekend for the while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought things were going so well. Yeah, and they are.
Speaker 1: They are still, they are still, but certainly a bit of a speed bump.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, good's not good? Good, that's okay.
Speaker 1: The Wolves host the Suns tonight at six thirty. Wolves have won five straight. They are a nine and a half point favorite. Wow in tonight's game. That I think is on the Wolves channel, the iHeartRadio Wolves channel, where I think you could probably find wisecrack.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you want football scores? I didn't ask you, Matt, Nobody said anything about Okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, here's what I'd like to do. I would like you to do the score and then I will do the standing.
Speaker 2: Okay, perfect. That's a great idea. I like that very much. Now.
Speaker 1: The Seahawks crushed the Falcons thirty seven to nine. Sam Darnold through three touchdowns. Your Falcons are four and nine. The Seahawks are ten and three.
Speaker 4: That was crazy because like at halftime, yeah, neither one of those both quarterbacks hadn't thrown there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's insane. I saw the score later.
Speaker 3: It's crazy, insane.
Speaker 1: The Bills, in one of the wildest games of the year, beat the Bengals thirty nine to thirty four.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: The Bills scored twenty one points in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: Turnovers were huge, Yeah, huge, Yeah massive.
Speaker 1: He threw Burrow through interceptions in back to back throwers.
Speaker 2: He's still hurt. Yeah. I think they thought they could come back and win the division.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Josh was always so good. Yeah, it was outstanding. Josh Allen is so good.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything about that team though, Buffalo See.
Speaker 2: I was going to say the same thing. The defense sucks.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 6: They are such a confusing team because they might one week look like, oh, yeah, they're going to be in the AFC Championship game, and then the next week you're like, ah, I don't know who this team is. Yeah, they I don't have any faith that they can do anything right.
Speaker 3: And furthermore in the AFC, I don't know if anybody can score a point against the Houston Texans.
Speaker 2: Oh man, so good man.
Speaker 1: That game last night, the Houston Texans beat the Chiefs twenty to ten mahomes through three interceptions. Uh, they are that Houston. That's a I think it was somebody last night on NBC said that that is a super Bowl defense.
Speaker 2: That defense can win us.
Speaker 6: What's the It's the best defense in the league, Like you're of course.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a two of the best pass rushers in the in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they're just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, defense wins Championships's got.
Speaker 6: A great play caller and their head coach, and then you know, if they could just find a consistent offense, Yeah, they're a real contender.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're really good.
Speaker 3: Well, go ahead and bring it up. He's not here. But Corey is always about going forward on fourth down, no matter what, going forward on fourth and one on your own thirty one is a dumb idea.
Speaker 2: I don't care who you are. Would you agree or disagree?
Speaker 6: I would say I would say, yeah, you're talking about the game last night.
Speaker 3: I'm talk about the game. O'tide in case you don't know, I guess. In the fourth quarter of a must win game Sunday night against the Houston Texans, kan City Chiefs coach Andy Reid made a decision he'd never made over a twenty seven year career when the proved the turning point in an eventual twenty to ten loss. With ten minutes remaining in the score tied to ten, Reid decided to keep the Chiefs on the field, facing fourth and one from their own thirty one. Instead of calling a hand off to Kareem Hunt, I had quarterback Patrick Mahomes operated from the shotgun with receiver Hollywood Brown in the backfield. The playbackfired, Mahomes passing the middle of the field for receiver where Rice fell incomplete.
Speaker 2: It was dropped. It was dropped. I mean it was a flat out dropped by Rice. I mean.
Speaker 6: The thing is, like, the problem is they're going to go back and look at that play and say, well, that was it.
Speaker 2: That was the right call. It was the right guy. He just dropped it.
Speaker 6: So it wasn't anything that Houston did to out execute them.
Speaker 2: The guy had dropped the ball. And then Collinsworth comes back.
Speaker 6: I think the next you know, after that commercial break or whatever, and he's like, hey, everybody out there. Statistically, according to analytics, it was a plus three positive probability that they should go forward to that on that particular situation. So you know, I'm with you with that much time left to go in the game. And the thing is, the Chiefs defense was playing well. Yeah, so it's not like you had to steal this possession and keep this drive going because your defense wasn't playing well. Pump the ball away, give yourself better field position, your defense hopefully gets a three and out, and then you can take over on maybe your own forty after a punt or maybe even better and get a nice part return. I'm with I'm with you hawk that, and I know that maybe sounds old school, but I would have punted that situation even though the play was supposed to be successful and the analytics supposedly back them up. I don't understand where the analytics come out and say that that's a plus three positive probability to go for it there that field position, at that field position, I don't under the with the mask in a high game, in a tie game, if you're down fourteen, sure, because you're.
Speaker 1: Going to run out of opportunities. It's a tie football game and you're at home. Punt punt, right, ridiculous?
Speaker 3: Yep, Yeah, that might have cost him the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, you're better. You're better with these this, like probably you're like there.
Speaker 1: Would say punt, certainly anything in that situation make it. Let's say punt, but sorry, but I would say, I don't know if I would lean one way or the other too strongly, Like I don't blame them for going for it.
Speaker 2: If and they all.
Speaker 1: Should have, I mean, if if he catches that, we're not talking about this and and and all that, so I.
Speaker 2: Don't blame them.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would have done it perfectly, but I don't. It's not like, how could you possibly? I mean, it's it's all it's one yard. My Usually what I usually say is like, if you can't trust your offense to get one yard in the National Football League, what are you even doing.
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: Like you literally we could.
Speaker 3: Be talking about weddings and he'll say that.
Speaker 2: But I totally understand.
Speaker 1: I understand the certainly going forward, I understand not going for it. At the end of the day, it's it's that's what the coach is paid for to make those those big decisions. I don't know if he technically made the complete wrong one though, because again the play call was right.
Speaker 6: So let me ask you this then, because I you make a compelling argument, But at what point is it agree just to go for it from your own ten? I mean, you can't trust your team to make one yard of National Football League? Then how far is just be backed up to say this is too risky?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you you could make the argument that what's what is the difference between the thirty one and the ten at this point? Because you're already if you get if you don't get it, you're already they are.
Speaker 2: The other team's already in field goal or.
Speaker 6: Hinge, you got a forty eight yard field goal versus it's almost a certain touchdown probably the difference.
Speaker 1: I mean, so I don't know. That's again that's for the math people to decide. I'm not call me old balls. It's on my side of the fifty.
Speaker 3: I'm putting right.
Speaker 2: Exactly a cunning it. I think the seasons on the line. It's all about the situation. Thank you, whatever your name is, my name's Paul.
Speaker 1: If you're down fourteen, go for it going forward on your own thirty one is that's a hell escape.
Speaker 2: He's got that right. Who is the best odds to win the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Fallout boy team Rams?
Speaker 2: Probably the Patriots.
Speaker 1: The Rams okay plus three ninety second the Seahawks. Wow, Patriots are plus nine fifty, which is the fifth best odds. The Patriots is Denver higher than them? Nope, Denver and New England have the same odds. It's the Rams, the Seahawks, the Packers, and then the Bills.
Speaker 4: Maybe.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't like the Seahawks as much as everybody else does after.
Speaker 1: Their defense is good, But that's a good defense, can I propose? And I think that's also if it all depends on which team in the NFC West gets the one seed.
Speaker 3: Relaxed pro lives and we moved on.
Speaker 5: But what what if the Seahawks and the Rams meet in the playoffs and Sam Darnel and just goes off on the Rams, beats the Rams and just goes to the and wins the Super Bowl that should have been ours last year?
Speaker 2: That will suck. I don't doesn't happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you definitely watched that Packers game yesterday.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah? That so much fun.
Speaker 4: How about at the end, you feel like, here is some clock management that I just didn't it's weird.
Speaker 2: Why you're not? Yes, you just let the clock run down?
Speaker 1: That was so you put yourself in a weird spot.
Speaker 3: That Ben's ear in the booth if that was us, Like, what do you do? I know, I know, I don't understand that. I'm sure that there's a reasoning behind me.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what it is. Well, I hate both of those teams, so it didn't really matter.
Speaker 3: I really hate Packers suddenly. I don't know why that happened, but it did.
Speaker 1: I mean, the Packers and Bears are going to be in the same spot we were in. You're either going to win the division and be the two seed, or you're going to be the seventh seed.
Speaker 2: Chicago went all the way down to the seventh seed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the Lions still are alive too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, we're still got to play them.
Speaker 3: We'll go through the standings with me after we come back to handle this. Okay, I'm not what do you what are you judging over there?
Speaker 1: Brother?
Speaker 3: Hey, it's the Power Trip Morning Show. We thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 2: We really do.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back, be careful out there.
Speaker 2: This is the fans. That's what I just said.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas. Ever, Mighty Ben and Mussman, we talked about this early in the show, but I haven't gotten your opinions yet. I really need your opinions and I need you to be honest. And this goes without saying, but I know if I decide that Parker and I split the thirteen hundred dollars and just call the bet off that we're gonna catch hell online but at six hundred and fifty bucks. So I'm asking you both, as people who participated in the Power Trip Survivor tournament, how would you feel if Parker and I just called it right now and.
Speaker 2: Split the thirteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 6: Personally, I wouldn't care because I stopped paying attention to what you guys have been doing ever since I got out the second week one, right, So yeah, so week one the first time around and probably week two the second time around, So it wouldn't it wouldn't make a difference to me.
Speaker 2: If you guys, yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with that either.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you both agree to it, it's just the last two that's you know, that's on you guys f that. But I just hope that Parker is not acquiescing because big word, thank you, because and I think I said it right because because yeah, because you're Chris Hockey.
Speaker 6: You know, Oh my god, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: And Parker he likes to be on the show.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's just like I understand. I just this is kind of a I and I hear where you come from. I see what you said. I didn't think that I might be pressuring him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think I think it's fine.
Speaker 1: I speak for a lot of us on this show that we've had to acquiesce a lot worse at Chris Hockey.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of dignity at Left.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know. I feel like I gotta go take a shower now. A lot of sonic time.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I mean, uh, you know, Parker's got some big things coming up, and uh, you know, he was talking about how that six hundred fifty bucks would be a good thing for for him right now and.
Speaker 1: Zero right just who cares anybody else says, then we can start it.
Speaker 2: Again for a third time. I don't think that time for that we could do it into the playoffs.
Speaker 3: That kind of fun. Yeah, I would do that anyway. Okay, thank you for your opinions. Now time for some NFL talk here we go. All right, here are your division standings right now, then muss everybody else, Paul, here's the thing. Somebody's got to win the AFC North, whether they like it or not.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: The Steelers are seven and six thanks to Adam Thieling in.
Speaker 6: One catchup believed, but they got them involved.
Speaker 3: It's all about the locker room, and he brought in some positivity and love that Aaron Rodgers needed. And they're seven and six now, just ahead of the Baltimore Ravens who are six and seven, the Bengals who are four and nine, and the Browns who are three and ten. Any comments on that division from anyone over.
Speaker 6: There, Well, probably the most exciting team to watch right now is the Browns, but they're not going to be in it.
Speaker 2: No. The Ravens, you just don't know what you got there, man. They still like the way they're playing either.
Speaker 6: They almost look like they don't even believe the hype. They don't look like the same Baltimore Ravens team. And when I've watched them but they don't look inspired when they play there offensively.
Speaker 1: They're going to be the example everybody uses every year of why it should be record and not division. One of those teams is either going to finish like eight to nine or whatever, and they're going to host a home game and the you know, the Buffalo Bills are going to be whatever the math would be thirteen and four and go, why are we going on the road to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to have a rebirth that Ravens Steelers game.
Speaker 4: It was just one of those games that Ravens just didn't get anything.
Speaker 2: Called their way, no or somethings.
Speaker 6: You're like, uh, sometimes that touchdown, I still don't understand what is going on?
Speaker 2: That's a touchdown? What is happening?
Speaker 3: Did you tell me, Saucy that the NFL agreed after the.
Speaker 1: Guy read after the game that they said that would have been a touchdown.
Speaker 4: If you catch a ball, you see the guy's toe tapping right right around the boundary, you catch the ball, you get your two tae steps, and then you fall out about that's not a football play.
Speaker 2: But it's a touchdown? Correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, said I think everybody agreed, except for the people who had to make the call.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it. Yeah, I can't believe it.
Speaker 6: I'm so tired of this taking yeah, taking five six minutes to have some sort of you know, third party person in New York look at this stuff, come back to the game, make a decision, and then after the game be like, oh, it should have been the other way, Like, what did you guys discuss for five or six minutes on something that is so obvious. He had both hands on the football, The football was not moving, two feet were down. I don't care if in the next frame he gets the ball knocked out.
Speaker 3: I don't care if if a bullet comes out of the sky and destroys the football.
Speaker 2: Correct, it's a touchdown.
Speaker 6: The second that second foot comes down with possession, it's a dead play.
Speaker 1: The plays over. Yeah, it's a touchdown. That guy gets it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Blow the whistle, Yeah, blow the whistle. Blow the damn.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's something in the future like a I can solve, like you just tell a computer.
Speaker 2: Is this a catcher?
Speaker 6: Kness got to be better than this virtual measurement wherever it is.
Speaker 2: Wow, well we had one yesterday.
Speaker 3: I like to see old gentlemen run on the field carrying yellow or orange sticks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's part of the game, I said, sick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we know what youth is.
Speaker 3: Anyway, No, I I'd rather see. I don't like the virtual measurement. It's ridiculous. Yeah, it takes way too much time.
Speaker 2: Was faster, I would like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how's it not faster?
Speaker 2: How does tennis have it right?
Speaker 4: You can immediately see if that service in or out immediately.
Speaker 2: How does the NFL not have that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: Bodies?
Speaker 1: So that's why you put the chip in the ball and the ball the chip has to be seen by the camp I know, but that's We've talked about this a thousand times. It's not about the virtual measurement. It's about the virtual placement.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's more about the placement versus the measurements.
Speaker 1: Which is what makes the virtual measurement useless. And just exactly it's supposed to the same time doing both fines. But you can't. Yeah, don't sit around the waiting to watch TV.
Speaker 3: Good old days when we worried about whether they gave him the left.
Speaker 1: Foot yeah, oh yeah, yeah, and they would kick the ball, they would move it a little, you know what.
Speaker 2: Ref Actually, he's more of a right foot guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Here the AFC South Jacksonville is nine and four. Did we all flee straight the Tracy Lawrence was?
Speaker 2: Tracy was?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Did we all believe that he was done?
Speaker 3: Did we all believe that it was over for him?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I did. Yeah, I think has gotten a lot out of him.
Speaker 3: I thought they had trade. I'd like, I thought they'd given.
Speaker 2: Up on him. Yeah. They've won four straight.
Speaker 6: Man, They're good, dude, and they if you look at the rest of the schedule. Yeah, Jets, that's a win. Oh god, they to Denver, which that's gonna be a tough toffee at the Colts now without Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: That's another win against the Titans. That's a win.
Speaker 6: They're gonna win. They're gonna win three of the next four at minimum.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 3: They're nine and four as we speak, just ahead of what I think may be the best team in football, Houston Texans, who are eating five and as you said, the Cold are eight and five. But they lost their quarterback yesterday to an.
Speaker 1: A Hexans d My goodness, the Hexans? Who are the hex and the Texans?
Speaker 3: Do you now that's what we call them now? The Hexans?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're good man and the Titans are two and eleven. How bad do you feel for Daniel Jones?
Speaker 4: I just I know, I just got the one year contract and he's set to probably make some big money.
Speaker 3: If that hadn't happened yesterday, the Colts, the Texans, and the Jaguars would each of them would have a legitimate shot at winning that division.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now we're talking to the Colts have lost three straight and they made I mean, they don't have a first round pick in the next two drafts. They traded for a sauce gardener who is hurt. Yeah, yeah, he's out for probably a month. Yeah, yeah, I have to go in two minutes. But I do want to I do want to say this. Now we're taking a complete left turn from the NFL. I'm going to go to college football.
Speaker 2: Please go ahead, please, I just want to say this.
Speaker 6: I think that Notre Dame, Iowa State, Kansas State, there's one other team that decided not to play in a bowl game.
Speaker 2: Do whatever you want.
Speaker 6: Why is it on us as the public to shout you down for saying that you don't want to play in a bowl game? What do these bowl games mean nothing? If you're not in the college football playoff. They mean they're meaningless games to get yourself your players hurt for the next season. A team like Notre Dame does not care about the money that they can make it a bowl game. They have all the resources in the world, they can pay all their coaches.
Speaker 2: They don't need any of that stuff.
Speaker 6: So if they want to take a step back, even if it's a big middle finger to the whole college football landscape.
Speaker 2: Fine that's what it is. If you feel like they're.
Speaker 6: Quitting, fine, But they can do whatever they want because what we've figured out in this world of college football, there is no NCAA is no there is no governing board to put guardrails on anything in college football. So do whatever you think is best for your team, and screw everybody else. We as Joe Public, don't need to watch the not watch Notre Dame play in some obscure bowl game.
Speaker 2: The pop tart.
Speaker 6: Nobody cares about that. And I actually hope that this like starts to crumble in a road what what we are used to and the fabrica college football, because we need to tear this thing down and rebuild it in a way that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Notre Dame, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor.
Speaker 6: Yeah good, I'm you know, my guys at k State, you worry about building for next year with a new head coach Climban retires, Colin Klein comes in, We're all excited about it. He needs to worry about building his staff and recruiting players. It's not about playing in a stupid bowl game.
Speaker 1: And to your point, there are moments in these bowl games and I'm not ripping the Gophers like I like to were They didn't they have to get somebody who graduated to play quarterback a few years ago. Remember that game where like, yeah, they had to get him to play quarterback and then they played last year. I think it was Virginia Tech who had like twenty five.
Speaker 2: People sit out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are incompatible with the system now, and I totally agree with you, Ben. I was surprised by the amount of backlash that they got him, Like, who cares?
Speaker 2: Who cares?
Speaker 1: I mean, all due respect, I love to go for football. Program went to a couple of games this year.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: I could care less about the guaranteed right, and so do a lot of the players. We've heard that not to give out company secrets. But there are probably a lot of guys on all these teams that are like, I have to play in Michigan the day before Christmas for the stupid game.
Speaker 2: Yeah to Phoenix, love you guys, gotta go over there.
Speaker 3: He left there, he goes, that's that's that's been right there and strong takes christ.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well if that's what makes him just dropping some bombs, thank you, I love that. Thank you a kiss.
Speaker 3: He did something really oh my, he didn't want you.
Speaker 2: That was very cute. That's right. But can I ask a follow up?
Speaker 1: Even though he's gone to it, he probably going, but anybody can, maybe you Hawk because you love college football?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Do you think the thirteenth and fourteenth team are now that's just the precedent that's going to be set where they're just going to go, well, we didn't make the tournament.
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 1: We're not playing in the Pop Tart Bowl, We're not playing in you know, the Steve Lombordosi Bowl.
Speaker 2: Like I think that.
Speaker 1: I think going forward, these teams that are on the cusp or don't make it are going to go and I'm I don't think Notre Dame belonged in in any way.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't play anybody good other than the two games they played.
Speaker 1: They play a week schedule, they beat up on horrible football teams, and a lot of the times they get in because they're a huge brand. The two teams they lost to Miami and was it Texas A and m Yeah, right, like then.
Speaker 2: They play Navy. No, Notre Dame doesn't belong in it anyway.
Speaker 3: It's weird though, because going into yesterday, Notre Dame was ranked higher than Miami one spot and then suddenly, for no reason that I can find, Miami jumped him. I don't care. But what you said is going to happen. People are gonna start doing that, and then they're gonna expand the field, and we're gonna end up having thirty two teams in the college football.
Speaker 1: And they'll be Noll's regular bowl games. All these sponsors will just sponsored those. The other thing a very good breakdown of this, and of course it's a little biased because he went to Notre Dame. Brady Quinn's twenty minute breakdown this morning before the show was really good. He basically said that they didn't get in because of all the people that own this and all the people that are in charge of this want ACC teams or want SEC teams back, and then they had to get into an ac C team.
Speaker 2: And that's Miami.
Speaker 3: Anybody talking about Notre Dame not getting love or respect or you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He has a pretty good channel based show, and I don't think they should be in. But his breakdown of it is like it's all owned by yeah, ESPN, well, and they want the SEC in it. Sama at ten and three doesn't doesn't belong in it.
Speaker 4: Well, the whole system, to Ben's point, the whole systems just messed up. I mean the rankings and you know the power of schedule and all that kind of stuff, and you got just a panel of people and who knows who that is picking what teams they want in it.
Speaker 2: Basically, they're going to have.
Speaker 3: To expand the field again, and even when they do, there'll still be one or two teams or piss they didn't get it.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be more fun though, because there's much more fun. Yes, yeah, completely story. I want that.
Speaker 3: You have to make the regular season shorter then.
Speaker 2: Especially with like no high school football anymore.
Speaker 1: You had it Friday and Saturday, Friday night, Saturday that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Do you make the I'm sorry, Zach, either make the regular season shorter or you stop pretending that them going to college matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or you play less games against you know, at the beginning of the season. Games you know, I mentioned that you are mentioned yes week.
Speaker 2: Thank you, buddy. I want you to know that you.
Speaker 3: Know what it means.
Speaker 2: But I think it's positive.
Speaker 1: But I mentioned the John Gruden idea last week, and I think it's a perfect fix to this. It takes advantage of the existing.
Speaker 3: Could you remind me because I never listened.
Speaker 1: So it was basically on conference championship weekend. They basically set a schedule of playing games essentially of teams who are not in conference championship play but are right they're supposed to make a level against teams that are, you know, maybe in the fifteen to twenty ish ranking. And he had like four or five games that you would set up in Minneapolis was one of the cities he mentioned.
Speaker 3: Man, ask you a question.
Speaker 2: Sure the gofers could go watch.
Speaker 3: I like that, but how long do you have to prepare? Like do you you announce it one week and then you play the next week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 1: Man, let's say, yeah, they do that for conference championship games, you know they Yeah, I guess you're right. Yeah, but I think yeah, you and you'd have a lot of schools have a large enough scouting department where they four.
Speaker 2: But you could do it, especial if you don't have to do it. I don't play football. No, no, you don't have to do anything. Must has to do it. No, no, no, no no, I must have to do a pregame show on Christmas Day. That's awesome. And a postgame show. Are you doing fan line? No, we have a post games.
Speaker 3: Listen to post games?
Speaker 1: I do listen you and Rosie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 3: I think that's fun. I think that's a really legitimate way of doing it. And that's what they'll have to do.
Speaker 1: Like this year, it would have been like Oregon versus James Madison. That way, Oregon doesn't get to sit, you know, and do nothing for and get healthy for a couple of weeks, while the one in two teams in the country who are obviously ranked better than number five Oregon have to play each other in a meaningful game. Oregon has to show up and play or Ole miss and Tulane makes Tulane earn it instead of just you know, because Duke lost or Duke one one, Texas A and m and Vanderbilt Oklahoma and Texas and then Nordre Dame faces Miami and we don't have this controversy where Norder Dame gets kicked out.
Speaker 2: Notre Dame has an opportunity to.
Speaker 1: Earn their way in, or Miami has an opportunity to say, no doubt at all, no panel of people.
Speaker 2: It would have been spit hot all of a week and would that event. He's a genius. College football is a master. I love college football. Yeah, yes, oh yeah of it. But that but you know, that's always trying to make a run at the championships.
Speaker 3: I know that. That said, one of the best college football games I've ever seen happened on Saturday night. Actually two of the best college football games. Did you watch the Duke game?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, come on, man, And by the way, let me take a left turn. I know we never got through the standings. It's okay, you guys don't get and I don't blame anybody, Zach. When I talked about this Historday, the best season of automobile racing, of any kind happened this season in Formula one and nobody knows about it, but let me tell you it was fascinating. It came down to the last race. The guy who got third won the championship. The guy who who could have won the championship actually won the race, but he needed the actual championship winner to finish fourth or worse than the guy got third. So it was a great season of racing in Formula one, something I never thought I would say. And nobody watched it because the races happen in the middle of the night over here, you know. But if you want to read something that is fascinating, read the recap of this year's Formula one season. It was truly fascinating, and that included, by the way, the guy who won the championship getting disqualified in Las Vegas, right, Zacho, Yes, yeah, you got disqualified and he still won the championship.
Speaker 2: Why does nobody care?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's a different type of racing, but also the timing of the races when they happen makes it hard to get excited.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, there has to be enough people to care. I mean, look at the money that they're of course the Europeans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, worldwide. I mean it's you are.
Speaker 1: It's a massive but yeah, he's a world wide and I think I think it's gonna get worse, by the way. I think it's going to get more niche next year. Unfortunate because they're moving to Apple TV for their their TV TV.
Speaker 2: What's wrong with that? You got to have a subscripture. It's harder for people's farms can't get it in. No, actually it's not a prescripture.
Speaker 3: It's a different thing.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I was just thinking about my weekend AFC West.
Speaker 3: Denver's eleven and two.
Speaker 2: Man, they're great. I can't believe that's a great I know. I hate to say.
Speaker 3: About being well. Eleven and two. The Chargers play tonight. They're eight and four.
Speaker 2: That'll be a great game against the Eagles.
Speaker 3: It's over for the Chiefs right there. Six and seven. I mean, they're not officially lemonade, but that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they'd have to get really lucky they get they play, They host the Chargers next weekend, then they go to the Titans, which is a win. Then they host Denver, who will have something to play for on Christmas Day, and then they get They are at Las Vegas for their last game, So yeah, the Raiders are life support.
Speaker 2: I'll say, like that, how about that? And they need to have other people lose as well.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of hot rummers that the head coach Pete Carroll at Las Vegas is going to be one and done. Yeah, well, I mean, and didn't they didn't they fire the other guy after one he was the interim and then they made him the head coach. And then didn't they fire Antonio Pierce?
Speaker 2: Wasn't he one? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They That team's terrible. The Raiders are really.
Speaker 2: They have been for quite some time. I got one of the best players in the league with.
Speaker 1: Crosby too, and the other thing that isn't you know, nobody feels bad for the Chiefs, but you're also not going to have one of your worst years in a long time and ten plus years you're not. You're also not going to get a fourth place schedule because the Raiders are so bad.
Speaker 3: Right over in the AFC is real quick. The Patriots are eleven and two. Wow, The Bills are nine and four, The Dolphins are six and seven. I didn't realize they were respectable, and the Jets are three and ten. Quickly, NFC looks like this. The Rams are ten and three, the Seahawks are ten and three, The forty nine Ers are nine and four.
Speaker 2: What a division?
Speaker 3: That's the NUS Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Three Niners just came off their bye.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The NFC South, the Buccaneers are seven and six, The Panthers are seven and six, the Falcons are four and nine, and the Saints are three and ten.
Speaker 2: The Panthers could win that division.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they may be the best team in the division.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Buccaneers, there were just a weird team there. Yeah, it's a bad loss.
Speaker 3: Yes, who they lose to yesterday?
Speaker 2: The Saints?
Speaker 3: Oh, jeez, Louise. Over in the NFC East, the Eagles are eight and four. They played a night. Cowboys are six and six, Commanders three and ten, Giants two and eleven.
Speaker 2: Man are the Eagles the easiest team to root against? Yes? Absolutely, eight Chiefs, but yeah, much more.
Speaker 5: Just like.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I get it, but like they've lost to in a row and they're favored on the road. Who at the Eagles they're a favorite tonight that would be a good game.
Speaker 3: And in Los Angeles, in Los Angeles, Yeah, and then, of course the division. Everybody's talking about the NFC North. The Packers of nine, three and one, the Bears of nine and four, the Lions are eight and five, and the Vikings are five and eight.
Speaker 1: Here's the bit with the Packers. How big of a win. That was a huge, huge, huge win. Because now you go to Denver, then you go to Chicago, then you host the Ravens, who will be fighting for a division, and then you go to you come here for your final game of the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that game might not matter, for it might it might matter, especially especially if they lose to the Bears.
Speaker 3: What a Lion's got the uh, one of them.
Speaker 2: Is gone to suit. Brilliant The Lions in their end of the year bit, they have one of us. They play at the Rams. That's tough.
Speaker 1: They host the Steelers, then they're here on Christmas Day, and then they're at the Bears.
Speaker 2: To end the season. Well, that's a tough one. That's tough.
Speaker 1: What about the Bears. Give us the Bears, Give me the Bears, the Bears. Well, the Bears will end with the Lions. As I just said, they would clicked on the wrong thing. One of us gone too. Then you don't have a time out. No, I don't they Well, they host the Browns on Sunday. That team's terrible. Then they're at the forty nine ers, and then they they take on the Pack and.
Speaker 2: Then the Line, then they the lines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every one of these teams has a tough run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough, and the Vikings will be involved. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Must have been great job that Banks, must You're the MVP of the show today.
Speaker 2: I hope that the Vikings are going to be in that spoil play the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah you still got to play the game of Chris Leg's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 3: No bone tomorrow, No Bonie, I know nobody, no Bonnie, no body but Marni will be here. Yeah, anybody else on Tuesday. That's it, right, Mussy, you should come in and be hussy with us. Sure, come on in, baby, come on in.
Speaker 2: The sun is fun.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you just did. Thank you for tuning in and for making us the champion of that. The sixty four Breckon really appreciate it. There's a little things like that that means you're out there listening. Sometimes with Sydney's litle bootbar stuff you never know. We appreciate it very much. Spownership Morning Show. Merry Christmas everybody, and happy Holidays. Let me back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Paul Allen just next on the fan. He already have wonder but you know I love you. Merry Christmas, baby girl,