Speaker 1: Six oh seven in the Queen City of Cincinnati. This is Chick Ludwig seven hundred WLW Welcome to a power hour of sports talk Shoeless. Joe Waddell is tonight's producer and we're going all the way to seven o'clock, leading right into the coverage of the UC Bearcats and the BYU Cougars in a Big twelve football showdown NIP at Night. Nothing beats that. Wow. Welcome. Great to have you along tonight. And if it's okay with you, I want to start with one of my favorite cliches. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. And we saw that twice on Friday night right here in the Queen City Elder Xavier Division one Regional Final high school football playoff game at pay Corpse Stadium. The game won by the Xavier Bombers forty two to thirty four. Elder Milma Mater held a twenty seven to seven lead in the first half in this game, and then all of a sudden, a litany of special teams problems reared their ugly head and the Xavier Bombers outscore my Elder Panthers thirty five to seven. The rest of the way, bad snap, punt block, more bad snaps. It was a struggle in the second half for the Elder Panthers as Saint X scores twenty one unanswered points to win this game once again, forty two to thirty four. And still Elder was driving at the end of this game, got down to X's twenty five yard line. But what a fourteen yard sack and then an interception did the Mighty Panthers in. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. Elder finished great against Princeton, overcoming that twenty three to nothing lead. But man, hats off to really both teams. I am so proud of my alma mater, the Elder Panthers unbelievable season. They were twelve to zero for the first time in school history. They finished twelve and one in Good luck to the Saint Savior Bombers, who collide next week in the final four of the state tournament with the Middletown Middies. We also saw the inability to finish the University of Cincinnati Bearcats. You see against Louisville last night at the Heritage Bank Center. The sixth rank Cardinals. Man, did they start slow? Wow. Louisville misses its first ten shots from the floor. You see piles up a double digit lead early in this game. They hang on and they're ahead thirty two to twenty eight at halftime, and then the mighty Louisville Cardinals take control with a forty six to thirty two advantage in the second half. Mike kel Brown, junior freshman point guard for Louisville outstanding twenty two points in thirty one minutes. But the guy who killed did you see Bearcats last night? Former Xavier guard Ryan Conwell thirty four minutes. It's twenty five points, eight of fifteen from the floor, five of ten from the three point line. You see Freshman Sean Abayev is going to be an outstanding player, but he struggled last night trying to do too much twenty seven minutes, twelve points, just four of sixteen from the floor, three for eleven from three point range, one for three at the foul line. Louisville killed U See in free throws twenty four of twenty eight. Tough news for u See. With Boba Miller going out the last ten minutes of this game. He played twenty five minutes, had nine points, but a hip injury and he just couldn't go. So hopefully Baba Miller can get back and play effectively because he is a tremendous talent. The one thing I really liked about UC, you know, they played in stretches but ran out of gas at the end. Nineteen assists on twenty three made field goals, so that's a very positive sign. I agree with Wes Miller. This could be a great team. But man, they are a work in progress and they have to be able to finish. But what a night it was last night here in the Queen City with Elder X, U See and the vill I was home listening to the Elder X game and watching U See in Louisville. How about you? Where were you last night? I don't have any guest scheduled here in this power hour of sports talk before you see and BYU. All I've got is my computer, I've got my coffee, I've got my computer. All I need is you. It's five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand and one, eight hundred, the Big One. But what an experience for the SEINEX and Elder students playing in an NFL stadium, pay course stadium in front of twenty two thousand plus fans, an experience that will last and memories that will last a lifetime. And I always like to say it when it comes to the Greater Catholic League the GCL, we fight like hell in high school and then we become BFFs, best friends forever. So much respect on both sides of the U of the stadium, no doubt, but the ability to finish. And that's what we're looking for tonight from the UC Bearcats against BYU. It's what we're looking for tomorrow when the Bengals face the New England Patriots at one o'clock at pay Corp Stadium. And then it's what we're hoping to see from f C when they collide with Lionel Messi and enter Miami FC at five o'clock at TQL Stadium in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Win or go home. Where were you last night? Were you at pay Corpse Stadium for the high school football game or were you at Heritage Bank Center for UC Louisville. God, what a rivalry that goes back to my childhood when both teams were in the greatest conference in the land, the Missouri Valley conference, the first conference in America that embraced the African American athlete. It was the finest, the best, the greatest, most competitive conference in the land. And we're talking about what a weekend here in the NATTI on seven hundred WLW, six't eighteen in the Queen City of Cincinnati, Chick Ludwig, seven hundred WLW. It's a power hour of sports talk and it's oh, it's already Michigan week for US Buckeye fans. Wow. Uh, but what a weekend here in the Natty. Last night Elder Saint X uc Louisville. Man, let's not waste any time. Let's go out to the phones. We got Steve in Columbus kicking us off here.
Speaker 2: Hi Steve, Hey, Chick, how you doing.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic?
Speaker 3: Was at home and I was at home in Columbus in my easy chair.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: For ten bucks, I got to stream the Elder Saint X game and I DVR the U of L SINCI game. So both of my teams lost last night. I was dying, Uh watching the Elder sent a thorn in her side forever. When the regional finals, it seems like, yeah, you know, it's just.
Speaker 1: So hard Yeah, it's just so hard to beat a team twice, you know, in one season. So Elder got them, you know, this year during the regular season on their way to twelve and zero. But then in the playoffs, you knew that Elder would have to face a sane extra moler, you know, in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: So it was so unusual for Elder to have two I mean the long snapper. Basically, two snaps changed the whole game.
Speaker 1: It did, it actually did.
Speaker 3: It's a shame. It's a shame for the kids. But AnyWho, I'm on my way down seventy one now to see Bearcats. So, oh gosh, I can win one of my teams win.
Speaker 1: Oh fantastic, Steve Man, you're you're a guy after my heart. And and how about tomorrow? Are you doing anything tomorrow? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I gave up my back. I gave up my bagwell tickets about twenty years ago, after that fiasco in fifteen with the Steelers. Oh gosh, yeah, with the personal fouls that that was enough. Emotionally, I can't take them. So now I do my Seaton tickets with the bear Cats.
Speaker 1: All right, Steve, Hey, I appreciate appreciate it man, Thank you go CAATs. All right. Absolutely, Matt is in Western Hills, my old stomping grounds.
Speaker 5: Hey Matt, Hey Chrick, thanks for taking my call. First of all, al sire, my friend Amen.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was.
Speaker 5: A tremendous matchup last night, and you mentioned how much of an experience it is for the guys that get to play in that game. I was actually fortunate to be a part of the last uh, you know, regional final when they had the doubleheader with Princeton and Xavier an Elder played Col Raene What was that like twenty years ago?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 5: And we got to play at Paul Brown Stadium and it was tremendous. There was, you know, thirty thousand people watching you play high school football. So it was amazing to watch it again and see twenty thousand people see a GCL South rematched to decide who goes to play for the final four. And as far as the Cats go, it was very encouraging to see how the team.
Speaker 3: It's mostly new players, you know, with the exception.
Speaker 5: Of day there. I loved how they were playing defense, closing out on shots, disrupting the passing lanes, and fighting for rebounds. It was very very encouraging, especially playing against the number of six team in the country and renewed to rivalry. We need to play Louisville again. I miss playing those guys in both sports. But I just really enjoyed even though my team's lost last night, I really enjoyed the sports. I got to watch the tenacity of the teams that I cheer for.
Speaker 3: And I hope you have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Chicks.
Speaker 1: All right, Matt, Hey really appreciate it. And Matt is right. Gosh, the Bearcats, man, they do play defense and holding Louisville who was averaging over one hundred points a game either what first five games so seventy four to sixty four in favor of the Louisville Cardinals. I love that rivalry. Mike is an Amelia.
Speaker 4: Hi, Mike, Hey, good even Chuck class of seventy four. I was at the game last night. You were a couple of years ahead of me. But I told people over the years, nobody could lead a Friday afternoon Elder high school pep rally a chick lovewig leopard vest and all in the leopard vest.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that is awesome. Mike, Yeah, yeah, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: But what a great thrill for those kids, in fact, my great nephews on the JB team, and for them to be able to dress out and stretch out with the varsity to be playing there on an NFL field. Kudos to all the greater Cincinnati for showing out. You know, the weather wasn't the best. And I'd like to know the percentage of people just high school football fans. I mean, obviously ninety nine percent might have been elder next, but I know I saw plenty of people there that I'm sure it was just to watch a great matchup, no.
Speaker 1: Doubt, Mike. And when you know, when we heard that the game was going to be at Mason and it sells, you know, seven thousand seats within an hour, it just it just made no sense for the OHSAA to send that game originally to Mason, knowing that's how big it was going to be. What was funny is I get sent a reals video from Facebook about Dave Portnoy of Bar School Sports here in Cincinnati. He stopped at Skyline, he said, for the first time, and he's he's eating a three way, you know, outside he's punishing that. But he said he's in town for an epic high school game Elder against Saint Francis, That's.
Speaker 3: What he said.
Speaker 1: So but he got that, and uh, you know they were at he was he was at Nippert against today and uh last night he was wearing an Elder sweatshirt. I was digging that, so uh but yeah, he got it straight with Saint Axe and uh, but it was awesome having dave Port and orient Town here from Barstool Sports.
Speaker 4: Well, and I'm sure probably Bill Hemmerill mentioned again on Monday on his broadcast, but as the previous caller just said, if nothing else can really drill the point home the importance of a long snapper, that was just a shame because the points they put up. And actually, when I told my brother, who's class eighty two that was with me, after Elder intercepted that pass and they had the ball up twenty seven to seven, I said, if we score now, this game could be over even in the first half. And then obviously what happened fourteen points, fourteen points before we blink an eye.
Speaker 1: That's right, and then Elder scores uh really right away in the third quarter to go up thirteen. And but you just had a queasy feeling when they missed them. Oh yeah, you know the first extra point, you know, and it was set six to nothing. But nevertheless, at what a night, an incredible season. And I want to congratulate my classmate Bruce Brosterman, whose grandson plays for Saint X. Bruce a tremendous leader for Elder class of seventy two on the board of directors. Uh for Elder, he does wonderful things. But a grandson at Saint X. So I'm sure Bruce was torn a little bit, but definitely rooting for his grandson. But I'm happy for Bruce and really the Bombers. And but gosh, what a great season for our elder panthers ALTI or it was, yes.
Speaker 4: Something to be proud of. And the tradition carries on a Vincent and Regina all.
Speaker 1: Right, well you better believe it. Great to hear from you out in Amelia. I get out to West Claremont every once in a while. Man, love it out there. The marriage between Glenn Esty and Amelia at wes Claremont.
Speaker 4: All right, flying the purple flag and Clairemont count all fantastic.
Speaker 1: Mike, Hey, really appreciate it, Yes, sir, thank you. After the bottom of the hour, We're going to get into some Bengals talk and but before we do, it's my cause my cleats time in the NFL. And I want to give a big time shout out to a guy that I am rooting hard for tomorrow in Bengal stripes, and that is kicker Evan McPherson and his shoes will carry the label Shoes for the Shoeless. And I was informed about this organization on Thursday while I was at Lebanon High School as a substitute teacher, and I was so moved watching the videos calling up the website that I made a donation Friday morning and Shoes for the Shoelass an organization that started in Dayton ensuring that every child can walk, play and learn with comfort and confidence. And since twenty ten, Shoes for the Shoelass has been putting brand new shoes and socks on the feet of children in need across Southwest Ohio. Can you imagine the uplifting, the confidence and the emotion of a kid in need, in poverty getting a brand new pair of gym shoes. Their mission is simple and powerful, meeting kids where they are restoring dignity, comfort and confidence, one pair of shoes at a time, and shoes for the shoeless. I invite people to call up that website. Evan McPherson is going to have shoes for the number four, the shoelass on his cleats for my cause, my cleats. Tomorrow when the Bengals face the New England paces at pay Corpse Stadium? Am I crazy to think that the Bengals, who are at three and seven, the Steelers at six and four, in the Baltimore Ravens at five and five? Am I crazy to think that the Bengals have an outside chance of winning the AFC North New England at home tomorrow, then they go to Baltimore, in Buffalo, home with Baltimore, then at Miami and home with Arizona and Cleveland. The Pittsburgh Steelers are six and four. They're at Chicago tomorrow, then home against Buffalo, then at Baltimore, home with Miami, at Detroit, at Cleveland, and then home with Baltimore. Baltimore faces the Jets, the Bengals and Pittsburgh all at home three in a row, then at Cincinnati, home with New England at Green Bay and Pittsburgh. Folks, there's there's some losses in there, first, the Steelers and Ravens. Would it be wouldn't it be just unbelievable if Cincinnati rises up and makes another run and they will play tomorrow without Joe Burrow And we will get into this after the bottom of the hour a news break, but Joe Flacco will be at the Helm when the Bengals kick off tomorrow against the New England Patriots. It's a power hour of sports talk. The Chicksture's with you five one, three, seven four nine, seven one, eight hundred the Big One. I've got my coffee, I've got my computer. All I need is you on seven hundred WLW six point thirty four in the Queen City of Cincinnati, Nick Ludwig seven hundred WLW, A power hour of sports talk, leading right into coverage of the UC BYU Big twelve football game. Gosh, when you're looking at the standings in the Big Twelve, it's amazing. There's six teams within one game of each other, so it's it's an absolute battle in that wild conference. But this morning I was at a place called the Sinci Sports Nation also known as Toca Soccer Facility in Milford, umpiring what's called some indoor cage softball. Okay, it's just a pitcher, a catcher, a batter in an umpire and having a great time doing it. All kinds of kids. They're practicing lacrosse. And then I'm umpiring some softball with my buddy Keith Bush. Anyway, as I'm making my way to the men's room, Okay, on the wall is this huge action photo of Lionel Messi and Lionel Messi's in town to face with his club Inner Miami FC, getting ready for Tamar's showdown with FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium at five o'clock in the MLS Eastern Conference Semifinals, Win or go home, and Lionel Messi unbelievable thirty eight years old. He'll turn thirty nine in June. He signed a three year contract extension with Inner Miami in October of this year, and that'll keep him with the club until the end into the twenty twenty eight season. The deal includes a minority ownership stake in the club and involves other commercial agreements and endorsements, such as a cut of the new MLS streaming subscriptions, in revenue from Adidas kit sales, so his base salary is reported to be twelve million per year and then with this guaranteed compensation totaling twenty point four million. So Lionel Messi is the man. But it's FC Cincinnati's responsibility and goal to knock him out. Tomorrow at TQL Stadium is going to be absolutely insane. Now, is there anybody out there that's going to the Bengal game at one o'clock and maybe you'll leave just a little bit early if the game gets out of hand and head over to TQL for the five o'clock start of that MLS match. What an incredible day tomorrow here in the Natty And I want to give a shout out here Willie Cunningham saying Dan Hord's praises on Friday, and I want to chime in on that, because Dan Hoarde the voice of the Bearcats and Bengals. He called UC Louisville last night, he'll call byu UC tonight and he will call the Bengals and New England Patriots tomorrow at one o'clock. We are so blessed to have Dan Horde is the voice of the Bearcats and Bengals right here in Cincinnati, looking forward to the broadcast to Night with Dan Tony Pike and the host moeger.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: They hit the airwaves at seven o'clock when this power hour of sports talk is over. But man, looking forward to UC BYU. I'm headed to my brother Jeff's house in Westchester. We're gonna listen and we're gonna watch, and I'm expecting a huge U see victory tonight Senior Night, nip It Night. No better atmosphere in all of America than Nippert Stadium and the University of Cincinnati. Well, the talk all week here in Cincinnati regarding the Bengals. Will Joe Burrow play? It's all I heard about all week. Well, the answer is no. NFL insider Ian Rapaport reported it, and the team released a statement saying that Joe Burrow, franchise quarterback of the Bengals, will be inactive tomorrow against New England. He's on the injured reserve list. He will not be activated off that for tomorrow's game. He was listed as questionable, So he's going to miss the contest and Joe Flacco will start. And it seems like just yesterday Joe Flacco became a Bengal in the trade with the Cleveland Browns. It's already his sixth game tomorrow, and I really don't have any problem with Burrow sitting tomorrow or standing on the sidelines, hopefully because there's a quick turnaround. The Bengals play at Baltimore M and T. Banks Stadium against the Ravens on Thanksgiving Night. The Angles have lost seven of eight there. The defense is in is last in yards and points allowed per game. But Joe Flacco outside of last week and you know, it was a stinker, no doubt against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but he's still thrown for one and fifty three yards, twelve touchdowns and three interceptions. The bomber is Jamar Chase is out suspended for a game because of the spitting incident last week against Jalen Ramsey and the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers do it again. They get under your skin, they push you over the edge emotionally. We see it all the time. They try to hurt you physically. They're dirty, but they win. And they're six and four. The Pittsburgh Steelers are atop the AFC North Baltimore's at five and five. The Bengals are three and seven. Can the Bengals show some history and turn it on again like they have the last few years the second half of the season. We're going to find out tomorrow against a team that's won eight straight, the nine and two New England Patriots, who are having an incredible season. I don't care if their record is or their schedule is softer. It's the National Football League and it's tough to win in the NFL. Five point three, seven four nine, seven thousands the number to dial one, eight hundred. The Big One would love to hear from you as we get ready for UC and BYU, and we're going to talk about it when we return. Chick Ludwig seven hundred WLW six forty six in the Queen City of Cincinnati, Chick Ludwig seven hundred WLW power hour of sports talk leading right into the BYU UC football game tonight. Shoeless Joe Waddell is tonight's producer. We're going all the way to seven o'clock and it's awesome to have you along with us. Hey, are you looking for a place to go after the Bengals? New England Patriots came tomorrow to celebrate a Bengals victory I've got the place for you. Wings and Rings in Milford. Fifty eighth nine is at Smeiser Road, smy so R Road, The Chickster. That would be me co hosting with Faux Rock David Folcher, number thirty three, the biggest, the baddest strong safety in the National Football League when he played for the Bengals. We are co hosting tomorrow from five thirty to eight thirty once again at the Wings and Rings in Milford. And it has been so much fun traveling around the Tri State, Indiana, Greenfield, Indiana last weekend, Awesome, Northern Kentucky, all around the Tri State. Here in the Cincinnati area, Wings Rings, burger sandwiches, salads, they've got it all. Drink prices, special prices. So it's a great experience and we would love to see you at the Wings and Rings in Milford tomorrow, five thirty to eight thirty, simulcast on seven hundred WLW and Cincinnati's ESPN fifteen thirty. He's been waiting a while. Let's go out to the phones our good friend Rick in Dallas. Rick, what is on your mind tonight?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: How you do good? How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? All right? Well? Prediction will b yu gave if uh, if they're prior, you'll have got got a uh. He had a spray vekl and he missed two games.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, Evan Pryor is back. Evan Pryor is back. He's back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he'll they'll with if he's at the game it plays and he's one hundred percent or ninety percent, they'll with.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's back, along with wide receiver Caleb Goodie. So that is good news for the Cincinnati Bearcats.
Speaker 2: The so hey, listen, do you remember the fakes Given Day Classic between it was the Western Hills High School.
Speaker 1: And yes, and Elder and Elder ten thirty kickoff ten thirty in the morning, kickoff at Elder Stadium? Remember it? Well, hey, there was a year. There was a year they took it down to Riverfront Stadium front and got over what twenty five thirty thousand fans.
Speaker 2: Well the new I guess the newspaper, I guess it was earlier or something because the same it was way off it said it was only a couple of thousands. So that was the last you know, the last game wasnt He's seventy eight?
Speaker 1: Okay? Yeah, because and what killed that rivalry was the you know, the state football playoffs because yeah, uh, gosh, the last year Elder went what nine to ozho and one and gosh they were unscored upon for for like nine games but didn't qualify for the state playoffs because the game was was so late in the year Thanksgiving. So but what a great It was great. Then you go to Grandma's house after the game, Rick, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks Giving it what else do you do it? And then watched Detroit because they always show Detroit game or Dallas game. Well, yeah, hey listen, and this was just a I guess a bar question. Hey, when you were youngster, if you have a play at Deal Creek, you know, you know, I can't remember driving it past that thinge ready roll and it looks like it looks hotted. You know, remember how scared you look for your going to red roll there.
Speaker 1: Uh don't really know, Rick, don't don't know, don't remember that.
Speaker 2: No, Deal Creek was it was a huge part. It was. It must have had I thought it had like Keddle fifteen avenues in it. You know how that you know you know that.
Speaker 3: Park they got that on Spring World.
Speaker 2: I guess it's steel there or maybe they took that down too. It was it was bigger than that. So you never played Creek?
Speaker 1: No, no, uh, I was. I had to get a passport to get off the west side man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well well, well, well Dill Creek was a huge stadium and all the little leaguers used to play it that they and uh it disappeared what they building in the state seventy one in state you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, all the swimming pools have gone gone away. A lot of ball diamonds have gone away too. But Rick, I've got to run. I know you'll be paying attention to the Bearcata.
Speaker 2: Remember what I said if that gas player, I guarantee uh UC would beat b Waite.
Speaker 1: Okay, I remember that. I'll remember that a former former oh House State Buck guys doing uh doing a great job for the UC Bearcats.
Speaker 2: Yea, and already handled a four hundred yard before he got hurt too.
Speaker 1: No doubt, no doubt, Evan Pryor. All right, I appreciate it, Thank you awesome. And it is number eleven BYU against the Bearcats tonight at historic Knippert Stadium and Fox Big Noon kickoff was there today for the first time since twenty twenty three, when the Bearcats faced what the ranked sixteenth ranked Oklahoma Sooners, but twenty two seniors tonight as part of its Senior Day recognition, and that includes six players who have spent at least five years in the program. Devin Gerhardt Ben Blevins both six year seniors who joined the program in twenty twenty, while Dante the Godfather, Dante Corleone, Jack Dingle, Rob Jackson, and Brady Lichtenberg have all been at UC since twenty twenty one. Those six Bearcats are the final players remaining from the historic twenty twenty one college football Playoff roster. Now, after the loss to Arizona, Scott Saderfield head coach, said this, The message to the guys is we're facing some adversity now after that thirty to twenty four loss to Arizona. It's easy to lead when things are going good. When you're facing some adversity, how are we going to lead now? I've challenged our guys with that. We have great leadership, so I would expect those guys to come in and figure out what we need to get better at. I've never been a fan of the three three five defense. I want four down linemen. If you crease a defensive end and a guard kicks out and blocks a linebacker, man, it's just automatic four five six yards a rush. That's what bothers me about UC's defense. And on third and eight, you can't give a guy a fifteen yard cushion, which we've seen. Freshman quarterback for BYU bear Bachmeyer, he's swing for two thousand and seventy seven yards, thirteen touchdowns, and he's he's got four hundred and seventy nine rushing yards. He's one of three FBS quarterbacks with at least twenty one hundred passing yards, ten rushing touchdowns in four or fewer interceptions. BYU leads the Big twelve with fourteen interceptions, and they're among the leaders with twenty five sacks, so BYU nine and one overall, six and one in the Big twelve. U se at seven and three and five and two eleventh rank Cougars are in town, and I'm excited for the UC Bearcats. What a great opportunity here to bounce back from the Arizona game, and the Bearcats are going to need a big game from their quarterback, Brendan Soresby. He's completing sixty percent of his passes that should be higher one point fifty nine of two sixty five. He has thrown for twenty two hundred and eighteen yards, twenty two touchdowns and four interceptions. So this is a great matchup tonight. And like I mentioned, six teams in the Big Twelve are within one game of each other BYU six and one in the conference. You see at five and two in the conference. But it is awesome having Senior Night. You've got to give it up for the twenty two seniors, including three time team captains Gavin Gerhard from Xenior High School and Dante Corleone, the Godfather. Looking to bounce back from last Saturday's thirty to twenty four loss to the Arizona Wildcats. Tawie Walker strong runner, but Cincinnati hopes to get back its two most explosive offensive weapons, running back Evan Pryor seven point two yards per carry third in the Big Twelve, and wide receiver Caleb Goodie nineteen yards per catch. How about that priors missed the last two games. Goodie was injured prior to the Arizona contest. But Cincinnati here has a great opportunity to play spoiler and keep its Big Twelve Conference championship game hopes alive. Although there's slim against the BYU. Cougar's team tied for first in the Big Twelve with that six and one league mark at five and two, Ucs tied for third place with Houston, Utah and Zona State. So Brendan Sowersby needs a big game. Hopefully he's all right after getting nicked up last week against Arizona. Wasn't effective running the ball, So looking forward to the coverage here that starts just within minutes with Dan Horde, Tony Pike, and Moeger And no show would be complete without a little bit of this date in Red's history, but we're gonna make it this week in Red's history. On November eighteenth of nineteen seventy six, Reds pitcher Don Gullet signs as a free agent with the New York Yankees. November twenty one, nineteen sixty seven, the Reds trade outfielder Tommy Harper to the Cleveland Indians for pitcher George Culver and first baseman Fred Whitfield. And November twenty third, nineteen sixty eight, Reds traded one of my favorite players shortstop Leo Cheeicco cardiness to the Minnesota Twins for pitcher Jim Merritt. So I want to thank all our loyal listeners for checking us out tonight. We talked Elder and x UC in Louisville. Last night we talked Bengals against New England FC, Cincinnati facing enter Miami FC at five o'clock tomorrow, Bengals New England tomorrow at one o'clock. We will see you at the Wings and Rings and Milford from five thirty to eight thirty Chick Ludwig alongside David Faux Rock Fulture and until then, this is the Chickster Chick Ludwig saying thanks for listening to the Home of the Reds and the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW