Speaker 1: KFE and welcome some great shows to Mystic Lake Amphitheater three eleven and Dirty Heads will be there July eleventh, five Finger Death, Punch on August eighteenth, Slayer on September fourth. All the details on our upcoming shows on the concert page at Cafe dot com.
Speaker 2: You were calendar's right.
Speaker 3: Ben levers here, Hi, Ben here. We are.
Speaker 4: Home of all the sports of the matter, the power of morning show and the fans talk some news quip though.
Speaker 5: This is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 4: Thanks you, Saint Paul Saints chs Field, always your spot for the best baseball field experience you possibly can imagine.
Speaker 3: It's so much fun.
Speaker 4: Get on down to Saints baseball dot com, pick up your tickets, get on down to some games. Just always a great time, right Ben, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, do that?
Speaker 3: Got that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do it? Yeah? Get down there, Gormless. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I feel like I think, h on here.
Speaker 6: The UH station is going June fourth, so I will be there.
Speaker 7: Twenty bucks as you don't go, no, I will go.
Speaker 8: You guys have a team outing that's so cute. Yeah, you big big Citrus will be there will, he'd be there. I doubt it, got it unless he likes s dippin' dots.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't though?
Speaker 2: The future future?
Speaker 3: Man, that's right, future of ice cream.
Speaker 2: Baby, you're going to be there? Yeah? Are you guys going to be there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I can't say spirit. Wow, I'll be there in spirits. I love just available, not available.
Speaker 4: People who will be there in spirit as well are the three people who died on a cruise ship this weekend.
Speaker 2: Excuse me.
Speaker 4: A virus spread by rodents has killed at least three people aboard a Dutch flagged cruise ship. As health workers race to evacuate others showing symptoms, The WHO says it's investigating a suspected I'll break of the haunt of virus, a rare but potentially deadly passion. The contrigger trigger severe respiratory illness, doesn't it? Just? I mean back in the day, like Love Boat Days, was there ever an episode where Julie got scabies?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? They wasn't accurate at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you need help?
Speaker 7: But I'm being serious, Like what an unbelievable show? How did that show even exist?
Speaker 2: So? Look about man?
Speaker 3: What about fantasy Island just.
Speaker 2: Really watched either one.
Speaker 7: I didn't either, but I mean just just think of the context A Wild Time Fantasy Island.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was that with uh yes, Tattoo man, that's character I know. Yeah, but the South Park bit of Tattoo is one hundred out of a baff so good. I only know.
Speaker 9: I only know Tattoo because my family would make fun of my oldest brother when he was a kid. When he was a he was in a I don't know, maybe a wedding or something. He was in like a little tuxedo.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Yeah, and he looked like him.
Speaker 9: So that's my only that's my only like exposure to that show.
Speaker 2: Is Tattoo still with us? That can't be. There's no way. It was almost fifty years ago.
Speaker 3: Larry miss a Bitch or something? What was his name?
Speaker 7: Uh Herve this villigh My god, you're gormlous.
Speaker 6: He lived to fifty though he died September fourth, nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 7: It wasn't even around for the OJ trial. No, he was not what a buzzkill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he still thinks he's a hero.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and let's go back was the love Boat's premise would just to get it on?
Speaker 2: Is that really what?
Speaker 9: It was a cruise ship where everybody just banged yeah, and they filmed it as if it's exactly interesting soap opera.
Speaker 3: There'd be all kinds of things happening on those boats, you know.
Speaker 7: So why the Vikings love boat was the best bed ever? You don't need a cruise ship in the middle of the ost and you just need a boat lake Minnetonka and a two headed or like and some dice.
Speaker 9: I wonder if things would have went over better if they said, like, no, no, no, no, we're in love.
Speaker 3: Oh no, this is this is this is not.
Speaker 2: This is this is between you. Yeah. I love her, yeah and her Yeah, just like shooting dice.
Speaker 6: He loves hick Doc Yeah yeah, McKenny do though.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, my sources say he put on a performance.
Speaker 3: I'm impressed.
Speaker 6: I think we've asked were you Were you on that team that you were going to ask him if he was on were.
Speaker 3: You on that He's just gonna admit it now, No, I would.
Speaker 2: Never ask again.
Speaker 9: All these years are staying quiet. I'm finally he finally asked me. Yes, I was there.
Speaker 2: With you. I would not ask you that on the air. You are on the boat on the air. No, I'm not asking if you were on the boat. Were you on?
Speaker 3: He's asked you got to answer, Bud, I have to answer. Yeah, Yeah, now's the time.
Speaker 2: Can I take a sip of coffee?
Speaker 3: Sure? Dramatic?
Speaker 2: Please sauce?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: If he doesn't answer, you can google the year of the love boat and then whether or not Ben was on the rocks can cross would take fifteen.
Speaker 2: Seconds, But I just like to ask him.
Speaker 9: Remember, yeah, you really are You're inscrutable right now. I was not on the team. I was in Sandago.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Then I think if the definition the German definition of San Diiago's on that boat, they'll probably investigate that too. Yeah, I'm sure Brian McKinney would make sure that that really was part of the whale.
Speaker 3: Listen. I want to defend you, Ben, please do, even though you weren't.
Speaker 2: I'm not even sure I need defending.
Speaker 3: But let's say a love boat style situation with me.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I need to stay gorm uh huh. A love boat style situation happens at cchs Field on iHeartRadio night. Yeah, okay, and I'm there because it's iHeart radio night, not because I like two headed monsters, not because I wanted to perform. I might have just wanted to roll some dice like Dante. I'm going to be assumed that I was guilty because you guys set me up. But just because I was on the boat don't mean I was performing, do you know? I mean true guilt by association? Right, So I'm with you, Ben, Yeah, you might have been on the boat. You wouldn't have performed.
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: You would have been there because you're a team player.
Speaker 2: What if you were just on the boat reading Vonnegut?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, right, you didn't know there was you know, Shenanigans on the way.
Speaker 2: You were just up on the top deck, you run the deck. Yeah I was.
Speaker 7: And you're not a gambler. You're not shooting dice with Dante, right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just an innocent bystander, just having some.
Speaker 9: Apps, Mary, Mary, quite contrary, just eating some wingies, having a few cocktails. Sure, Yeah, I was join participating in the reverse chicken fighting.
Speaker 2: Join a beautiful damn lake Mintaga.
Speaker 3: Aren't you ladies from Atlanta?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Spirit Airlines abruptly shut down operations and canceled all flights on Saturday.
Speaker 3: That's a bummer Rosie.
Speaker 4: Making it the first major US airline in twenty five years to go out of business due to financial problems. It's demise of stranded thousands of passengers who have adjusted, who have had to adjust their plans, and others with tickets for future dates. So that'd be a sucky thing.
Speaker 7: So this is going to sound elitist, but it's not. Stay with me for a second. Right, In the last you know, twenty years, the vast majority of my flights have been Sun Country flights from Minneapolis to Las Vegas and vice versa. So I don't fly almost anywhere where Spirit is one of the major options take Sun Country to Vegas from going and Spirit doesn't fly to Europe that handful of times I've gone with my family. Right, I've never flown on Spirit, and I'm very happy to say that because every story I've ever heard from anybody that's been there is that it's an absolute nightmare from the second you book a ticket to the second the plane lands. That it's an absolute s show. Yes, in every aspect of the world word I've just I've heard no positivity even about the price.
Speaker 2: It's like, nope, not worth it.
Speaker 7: I'd rather pay six times as much to make sure I get my bags, to make sure I have a seat, to make sure the flight's not upside down like the Denzel movie. Like, has anybody ever had a positive experience on Spirit multiple?
Speaker 2: Come on? Have you really?
Speaker 1: I flew, I flew multiple times. I flew on Vegas, we Florida. I've yeah, I've I have multiple decent enough experiences. There was nothing bad. We had one diversion because one of the passengers had a heart attack or something, but they.
Speaker 2: Handled it well.
Speaker 1: mL Spirit and it was cheap and I'm made a flying affordable for a lot of people, So I you know, I've also heard those stories, but I, like I said, probably seven eight flights and never had an issue.
Speaker 2: Did you ever get your bags back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you said you went.
Speaker 1: Went to the same place the ones they Yeah, unbelievable, that's it. Well yeah, yeah, I wouldn't want to fly lengthy distances there because their seats don't suck.
Speaker 2: There's no actually they had air bags on. It was weird.
Speaker 4: You can stand on those flights, so they have like bus yeah exactly, just hold the things yeah yeah, yeah, hold onto the rail for sure.
Speaker 2: And then you pull down when you want to stop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm you know, if I'm desperate enough to go to Vegas, I'll I'll take any flight to get there.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? Why not start gambling the second you board the plane and they all know that there? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean, I love I love scrolling through just doom, scrolling on on X all the videos that just pop up of just unrually airline passengers ninety percent of the time at Speared Airlines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 7: I also have not flown it, but it's over. You missed your window, so did I? I guess, Yeah, missed our spirit window.
Speaker 3: We got spirit, Yes we do. Wait a minute, no, we don't.
Speaker 2: Not anymore. How about you? And is it what happened with sun Country that got bought by Frontier? Is that right? Or ellegial allegiant allegiance?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What does that takeover start?
Speaker 7: I think I think it was a couple of year processed from start to fash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on track, but I think yeah, they're they're merging slash being.
Speaker 9: So as of today, if you want a book on sun Country, do you go to sun Country?
Speaker 2: Do you go to Legian yep, still go to the Sun Country, Okay, but eventually it will be Allegiance And they're based out of Vegas? Is that why they'd.
Speaker 4: And lastly, ladies and gentlemen, power napping is a talent in South Korea.
Speaker 3: We're the twenty twenty six Hang Gang.
Speaker 2: Talk about the left body kid, what's happening?
Speaker 3: It sounds like a kid showed on it. I'm doing the Hang Gang, the twenty twenty six Hang Gay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bo, it's not what I thought. Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: The twenty twenty six Hang Gang Nap competition took place Saturday in Seoul. Some one hundred and seventy people participated in the contest, which measured how well people could sleep through distractions. The nappers got some shut eye in a public park where they were interrupted with tickling and with mosquito sounds.
Speaker 9: I don't understand how that works. You just fake that you're sleeping, Like, how do they know that you're really sleepy?
Speaker 7: Can you imagine how much of a mind if it would be if you're you fly all the way to what did you say, South Korea? Yeah, you fly to South Korea. You're like, I think I'm one of the best nappers in the world. I think I can do this. There's one hundred and sixty nine other people in this park, and you're like, all right, I'm gonna do this. And then you wake up, which means you're in trouble. You're probably not going to win. And there's Pa tickling you, and you go, what are you doing? I'm tickling you. Yeah, And you look around and you're the only one getting tickled. That wasn't part of the competition in any way.
Speaker 2: Yep, he just ruined it.
Speaker 7: I flew all the way over here in spirit, yeah, as cheaply as possible to win this snapping contest, and you cost me everything. What are you doing in South Korea? So this is a what are you looking for? It is a long way to get to a point. I can't wait.
Speaker 6: But when I was a kid, when we played football and we played Wisetta and we knew we were playing Marion Barber's team, we were in for it, right because he would just destroy a single handedly. Do you think when this competition happens and up over the hill walks Mark Parish, they all go, it's over.
Speaker 2: What's the point We're not gonna win? Yeah, time to go get tickled by pa.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 7: Same thing, yeah man, Yeah, mosquito sounds, but not actual mosquitoes, I guess. Yeah, just the idea of mosquitos smell. I think I could sleep through that. I don't think I can. Really, I don't think I could sleep through adult tickling. I mean try, I know, kicking.
Speaker 2: With one hand and then reading a book. Thank god, he's reading a book with the other. Yeah, that's not where I thought you were going to A lots.
Speaker 7: Of money on that beds you news.
Speaker 2: That's great news, thanks man. Yeah, man, I liked it in.
Speaker 7: All seriousness with the spirit stuff. Obviously, the fewer options, the worse it is for the rest of us. Yes, it's you got to have those low cost airlines to keep prices competitive. So the more of those that go away, the more the prices are going to go.
Speaker 2: That's not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, low cost airlines, low cost everything.
Speaker 7: I blame sauce me. Yeah, you just said you never flew it, don't pining Gorm?
Speaker 3: Is he being Gorm?
Speaker 2: Yeah he's trying to He's trying to out is he Kevin Gorm? Yeah? I love Kevin Gorm. He'll be here a week from Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Champions for what the PJ Championships? Is that like the new Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 7: Parish is the first pick in the NAP Championships?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know that. Oh Rose, Is he back from Italy yet? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wasn't he on with Tenna? He was?
Speaker 7: I wonder how that trip went. He hasn't talked about it. I'd like a full recap, saus in Sports.
Speaker 1: Next, Carboni's Pizzeria is ready to run the floor for your Game one playoff party tonight. Swing by one of their thirty plus locations. Grab championship level pizza and get set for a deep playoff run. Find your nearest Carboni's at Carboni's Pizza dot Com.
Speaker 2: Was it Kurt Bills?
Speaker 4: Don't think about Pat Welcome back where the Dog Sports? We're gonna do that now with the one and only He makes it.
Speaker 5: The DS is KFE and News with Chris Hockey represented.
Speaker 2: By the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 3: This time for Fan five on the Power Trip. All right, gotcha man?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: The Wild lost nine to six to the Abs, who scored an avalanche of goals.
Speaker 2: They scored three quick goals in the first.
Speaker 6: Oh Chat GPT this morning or what, No, I did this all on my own, No kiddings start over to do it again. Then the Minnesota Wild lost nine six to the Abs, who scored an avalanche of goals. The Avs scored three quick goals in the first. The Wild scored two though to be down by one, but then the Avs scored one in the second to make it four to two. But then your Wild scored three straight to take a five to four lead, but the Avs tied it with under two minutes to go in the second, and then they scored four in the third to win the game nine to six. Your Abs lead the series one to zer Zacho is in Colorado and files this report for game two tomorrow at seven pm.
Speaker 2: Well, it certainly was.
Speaker 1: A wild game last night saw us what a crazy battle, a couple of heavyweights here in the NHL going eventually back and forth. You mentioned it did not start out well for Minnesota. Denver or Colorado should say just poured it on. Wild looked flat footed, but they battled their way back within one at the end of the first and then ended up taking a lead at one point at the end of the second. But then at the third period it was It was all Colorado for the most part.
Speaker 2: Wild get a kind of a lucky bounce there.
Speaker 1: For that sixth goal, but it sets up what should be a pretty crazy series. Certainly an outlier game most goals allowed by far by Minnesota in a postseason game, So this was this was a wild, crazy, crazy game that probably will not look anything like any of the other ones this series. But a lot of positives, certainly some negatives. I want to see, you know, you want to see more from the power play, You want to see more from Valstad, you want to see more from the defensive side of things. But the fact that they can put up six against a team like Colorado is encouraging and hopefully sign of good things to come here from Minnesota.
Speaker 9: Question for you, Sacho, where's the breakdown? When it's when it seems like, and I'm gonna get these terms wrong, it seemed like there was a second wave of offensive players in that slot area that was just completely unguarded, and it was like, doesn't it seems now now it seems open and obvious to me that that is not just something that the Avs do. That's something everybody would like to do, is to get somebody in that slot, So there was never anybody in the passing lane and there's never anybody guarding that particular area.
Speaker 2: Like why did that happen? Over and over and over again?
Speaker 1: That that is something that they're gonna They're gonna for sure, Ben, because that's something they did so well against Dallas. They prevented that all series long.
Speaker 2: I mean we talked a.
Speaker 1: Nauseum about that, that the lack of five on five goals. I think the Stars at what three or four of the whole series, and then the Wild gave up what six or seven? Uh, five on five goals last night, so in one game. So it was like I said, this team was, you know, I don't know what you want to boil it down to rest versus rust, you know, just completely different team that they've been.
Speaker 2: You know, I've been playing the same.
Speaker 1: Team six straight times and now they have a whole different cast of characters to deal with, and a very good cast of characters at that. So that's something that they need to absolutely work on because there were too many of those those rushes there that that they gave up and that resulted in in scoring for for Colorado.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: I know, you poop pootd earlier. And I don't know any about anything, but what what about the dude saying that they had lost AT's number and they knew what his weakness was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I I'd like to see the full quote because that would be Codri's saying that it would be some pretty big bulletin board material. I would imagine that though I could maybe use I don't know, but yeah, I mean there was he his angle play was was certainly off at times, left way too much space around him and and and way too many windows for uh Colorado to pick apart. And they're gonna pick apart. Kayle mccarr has an unbelievable shot and of course he's gonna gonna gonna rip it in. Codri's goal itself was very preventable with with proper angle plays.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know. I mean, I it's weird. You know.
Speaker 1: He wasn't a weakness all the series, and against Dallas he made all sorts of saved from all over the ice, especially in those those moments. So I think obviously it might have been a weakness last night, but that that was not that that's not indicative of his entire play. And I think he'll be he'll be just fine in game two or or however long hopefully and if he's not, we have a that This is what we talked about here. I mean, you don't want to see Gus because it means Valstad didn't play well, But then it means at least we have a solid backup and Gus to come in and relieve of Vaal said if we if we need to, but hopefully we don't get to that point.
Speaker 9: Okay, not not the sound just discouraged by the whole thing. It was really don't you think it's really encouraging that they had essentially a week to scout our guys and scout Valstad and scout our our power play and our defense, everything right, and.
Speaker 2: We scored what six goals? Yeah? Is that what? Ye was? Nine to six?
Speaker 9: We scored six goals off of, like you said, a six game series against one team. We had forty eight hours essentially to get ready for the next team, which happens to be the best team in the league. Like, that's super encouraging that we can think about what we can do when we break down this film, get extra scouting on on game two. I mean, that's it's pretty incredible that we scored six goals on these guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean that's why the sky certainly is not falling. I know, if if you did go to bed early, which I get it, you know these are late ones. But if you wake up and you see nine to six, you're like, what the heck? How how nine goals?
Speaker 2: But this was you should be these these games are way too late.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's it's a there was, like I said, a lot of positives last night amidst some negatives. But but again, this is the President's Trophy winners. This is the best team in the National Hockey League. The Wild are on I think it was a two full day's rest. They played Thursday night, had Friday off, they practice, Saturday flu to Denver, and now they're they, you know, right back at it on Sunday, where you know, they as ha had had well over our week to just you know, rest, recoup, recover, and it was still a very competitive game. So again, you know, tomorrow we'll see what happens. That's still not a lot of rest. But I think the Wild will be big beneficiaries of this three day break between games two and three, and I think they could even if they do lose tomorrow could make this a heck of a series this weekend in Saint.
Speaker 2: Paul, I'm pretty tired.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it.
Speaker 6: The Wolves battle the Spurs tonight at eight thirty. Your Spurs are thirteen and a half point favorites, but Anthony Edwards is questionable for tonight's game and may go because he has been cleared to return.
Speaker 3: Is it could be?
Speaker 6: Game two is Wednesday, Game three is Friday, and then Game four would be on Sunday at six thirty, But both series are similar. I think the the Minnesota squads justifiably are dogs, but both can win for different reasons, but both could do it the while.
Speaker 7: They're good enough to do it. The Wolves are good enough to do it if they're healthy. Scare them? Who are young?
Speaker 2: Who outside of Wenby wear to sweat Castle castles? Unbelievable guard point guard? Who else?
Speaker 3: Hawk Jimmy Hendrix?
Speaker 7: Hendrix is uh not on his best performance lately, but he's still a force to be.
Speaker 2: Head coach Lexus?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the name Lexus?
Speaker 2: Oh you've changed your both names? Yeah? I actually have to take mine any good oil change and thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Monday Mistic Yeah.
Speaker 2: Assistant coach. He said, the shooting coach.
Speaker 7: I think of the difference between guardian the joker, if you're Rudy versus guarding Wenby. Yeah, No, Wenby spends a lot of time at the perimeter, and that's not necessarily where Rudy's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rudy is not great at the perimeter, but.
Speaker 7: Once you get him down in the old paint area, Wenby can.
Speaker 2: Do it all. But he's got to face Rudy. That was the issue with the Frenchman.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was the issue with Denver and how you saw when the MAVs beat us in the Western Conference finals two years ago. They just made Rudy come out and guard the perimeter and he can't. And you've seen these teams that kill us, like the Thunder they do that as well. Denver doesn't do that, And uh, the Spurs are not gonna They're gonna have Rudy come out from the from under the basket.
Speaker 2: And he's in tough shit. He knows that that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Finch, he's got an all figured out.
Speaker 11: I think it's really important to outline the tendencies and the themes of the series to get guys understand. Like last series, it was really locking into their two man game, and that was really you know, and you know, this one's more about understanding all the moving parts. There's way more of a fluid, fluid attack that they have. Of course, the way they could change the floor with GM and Yama too similar to Denver, but rotations.
Speaker 2: Will be different and things like that.
Speaker 7: See if Ant doesn't play, do you think Jayden is truly kind of evolving into superstar mode? Yeah, because he's he played like it in the Denver series that he was an alpha, not necessarily a you know, a Batman and Robin situation.
Speaker 2: He was just the batman.
Speaker 7: He called that team out and backed it, acted up every game, not just defensive it right, he put up with thirty two or whatever it was in one of those games. Like he was dominant on both sides of the court, and he had to be because he can't be second fiddle when your main fiddle is out right right, you can't just fiddle around.
Speaker 2: You can't be fiddler on the.
Speaker 3: Roof devil going down to Georgia.
Speaker 2: Who do you put on your fiddle?
Speaker 7: Away Wemby, when Rudy goes out Conley, Yeah, get good play in a trench coat. Michael Beasley, Yeah, yeah, Michael Beasley. But Web, Yeah, you put Web on Conley's shoulders and then give him a trench coat.
Speaker 2: Anybody else next? French?
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, put him on there. Yeah freaks, French freaks. Is he's still on the team, Sharon Baron. Let's see here. The Twins won four to three over the Blue Jays, but Joe Ryan left after nine pitches with what the Twins are calling right elbow soreness, back to back pitches.
Speaker 2: We got imaging, So we'll kind of evaluate from there. So, I mean, it was, you know, I think as you guys were totally it was something they albow. So evaluate. We have the off day tomorrow and then we'll kind of go off that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're off today, but then they're back at the Nation's capital tomorrow or tomorrow against Washington.
Speaker 7: At five forty five, tas Bradley goes for your twins, What state is why Shington d C in. It's not a state, it's the District of Columbia. Look at Gormala's over there.
Speaker 2: What state is the stadium in? Isn't it in Maryland?
Speaker 8: I actually don't know, or no, I think it's in is it in d C. I think so, Yeah, it's in d C propad who knows.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is never been there. Oh it's never been No, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Just go to Vegas. Yeah, Vegas is No.
Speaker 7: Vegas is the most American city that we have to offer. If somebody comes from overseas, if somebody comes from overseas, like I want to, I want a true feel of Americana.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong. You sent him to the strip.
Speaker 7: You send him to It's it's literally called paradise, right, Paradise Nevada.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 7: It's Paradise literally and figuratively.
Speaker 2: I know that, Honey. I've been very sweet today, Rosie. Why would I go to d C for what?
Speaker 6: Oh? Wait do they Does Baltimore have a casino?
Speaker 3: Don't know?
Speaker 6: See well played Hawk, Not that I can think of, though.
Speaker 2: Vikings News.
Speaker 12: When the package to show returns, Ben Leaver is here, this is the power to money showing them.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, dude, you it's the pouch of morning show. Then Lieburn a cast of thousands.
Speaker 4: All week long, bringing you all the coverage of everything going on in the world of Minnesota sports. You're home of the Wild, the Wolves, the Vikings, Golden Go for sports, the links, you name it, we got them all covered like a blanket. Right now, we cover your Minnesota Vikings in a little segment we like to call a Vikings News.
Speaker 2: It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented.
Speaker 3: By Reco.
Speaker 2: Benjamin and Chris.
Speaker 7: You two specifically care more about this because it impacts your lives. But profootballtalk dot com is saying that the schedule release might be a week or so later than normal.
Speaker 3: This don't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 3: I want to know what's going on.
Speaker 7: So they're saying it's normally in that like May twelve, thirteenth, fourteenth range, But now.
Speaker 3: Is a surprise.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They were gonn have to do.
Speaker 2: It, don't know.
Speaker 7: So they're saying it's maybe the week after that. Now, the schedule has plenty of moving parts. Today it only two games have been set. That's the Niners at the Rammed in Australia on Thursday, September tenth and the Ravens at the Cowboys in Brazil on Sunday, September twenty seventh. So Pro Football Talk says it's hard to imagine the schedule coming out any later than the third week in May.
Speaker 9: Yeah, come on, I mean we got to make plans here, people, Yeah, come on, let's go.
Speaker 3: I got things to do.
Speaker 2: I got things to do. I've got for real things to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: First on my list selfishly, since my daughter is going to Auburn, I really want to make sure that a parents' weekend is open and I can get down there. And you know, honestly, I want to kind of hand select a football game or two to get down there and oh yeah, yes, and make sure that I can get down there for.
Speaker 2: Some sec football, yeah dude.
Speaker 9: And then outside of that, then it's like, okay, you know, are we traveling international or are we going to be doing that whole bit again?
Speaker 2: Is the only option the Saints in France? Is that the only one we're down? I think?
Speaker 7: So that's right, because we have a Saints road game this year, right, and the Saints opponent for France has not been named yet, correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: And I think it's all been guaranteed that we are going back to London next year?
Speaker 3: Is that wrong?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 9: So I think that's why when we did the back to back this year, knowing that we have to then be the home team I think in twenty twenty seven in London that we probably won't be traveling international this year. That was just the that was the thought, you know, months ago. But I don't know who who knows.
Speaker 7: Who knows because clearly again they're trending towards eventually every team will have a game overseas. So maybe we're already at the point now where we can't automatically cross the Vikings off and say, well, we went twice last year, so we're not going again this year. Maybe that is absolutely still on the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't want that. I like those trips.
Speaker 7: They're fun, especially if if a certain fan base is traveling. Well, if the Vikings fans show up, then why would the NFL be like, maybe they're burnt up? Well not if they keep showing up. Yeah, correct, who cares if the tickets keep selling? I don't think they care. And Saws how many games should be played at an international time? So they run around seven o'clock if or it takes Central time every so all of them, all of them, put every game in Europe.
Speaker 2: We'll watch all of the games on TV. Then, if you really really really.
Speaker 7: Like the Vikes and you want to well, but I want to go watch them.
Speaker 2: Well, then go to Europe.
Speaker 4: A little birdie, tell me we may be playing the Bears in Afghanistan.
Speaker 2: Oh what's the time difference?
Speaker 4: Probably forty seven hours, yeah, forty seven hours and actually eight and a half hours ahead of us.
Speaker 7: I want the game to start at seven am on Saturday, So as long as whatever in that in afghany time that is, that sounds great? Yeah, don't care, right at seven am Kabool Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh they're playing them in Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 6: How about this, Ben, what if the only available time you can go to Auburn to see a football game? They host Samford on November twenty first. Man, they play on the hospitals. I thought, I thought you're supposed to play cupcakes for like eight games.
Speaker 3: God love a cupcake, right, Baylor's one and.
Speaker 2: A half Florida. Man, they play a tough schedule.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: They play the Sudan Auburn does yep. Yeah, the most dangerous countries. We're going to Yemen to play Heart played the Jaguars.
Speaker 3: Wow, actual Jaguars.
Speaker 2: Ye play in Syria as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're playing in Syria.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, yeah, I thought, yeah, yeah, listen, commissioner of the NFL, you really want to play globally, you got to go everywhere.
Speaker 2: Well some would some would say the whole Brazilian thing is kind of a dangerous place to play.
Speaker 7: How many countries are there?
Speaker 2: Twenty three? Two dred something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said like two three or something.
Speaker 2: I forget the exact number. Twenty three.
Speaker 7: How many different countries has the NFL now played in? Something like a dozen?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Yeah? We had a long way to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a short time to get there. BJ McKay, b J McKay. Who's b J McKay. People my age know who that is?
Speaker 2: Is that BJ and the Bear?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That's right, I'm b J McKay and this is my best friend Bear. He was a trucker who had a heart of goals?
Speaker 6: Is that where the song? There's that one song we used to always play. That was like a full like ten four over Big Mama's Convoy. Yeah, see thank you convoy whales, right hawk.
Speaker 3: Pretty Whaley. One hundred and ninety five countries?
Speaker 2: Is what this one? Okay? Whatever, We got a long way to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're playing the University of Auburn, The Vikings are at in the Vatican.
Speaker 7: Well, he's had a personal tour of the Vatican, a private tour, so my guesses he could show us the ropes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, gotta be careful with those private tours.
Speaker 2: You don't mind them.
Speaker 3: It depends on who's giving me a tour.
Speaker 2: You don't care? Oh I do, No, you do. I learned that there's a lady down the road you didn't care too much about out here in Denver.
Speaker 6: Oh no, he's secretly still in love with her.
Speaker 2: How dare you in love with her? Is?
Speaker 3: She can be my neighbor and I wouldn't know it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So what do we got here? Do we have like Rookie Minnie camp coming up here? What's the I haven't looked at the schedule at all.
Speaker 2: I just had that up. Yeah, I'm so checked out.
Speaker 6: They have is that this weekend the OTAs. I think Rookie Mini Camp was last that happened. Yeah, that happens, right, But this says and who knows if it's right, because it's ai. They have OTAs May six, twenty seventh, and twenty ninth, then a couple and then a bunch of days in June, and then mandatory Mini camp ben is June ninth through the eleventh.
Speaker 7: Let me ask you this, Benjamin, since I just admitted that I don't know, I'm just gonna checked out, like, get back to me when the season starts. When it comes to the Vikes, but obviously they're a huge deal, I get that. Last year we had the the JJ McCarthy storyline, it's Izzy healthy? Is he ready? What do we got because we didn't know, right because the year before that was Darnald? Well, what are we looking for this year? Because obviously we have a lot of rookies, we have some new players. We all want them to be good. We'll find out once the actual season starts. What are you going to learn in mini camp and stuff?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 7: We all know how that trap works. What's your storyline? Is it just Kyler versus the rest of the group or what is the what's the a topic between now?
Speaker 2: In Game one?
Speaker 9: Probably just Kyle just Kyler's development, is he how's he taken to this offense? I think the I think the give and take between what Kyler does best and what this offense has shown at its best. I think that'll be the storyline of well, how many snaps under center? Is he taking you know, are we morphine more into a shotgun sort of offense? Are we going to be what's our running game situation going to be looking like with Kyler?
Speaker 2: You know at the command?
Speaker 9: You know, so I think that that'll be that whole thing, you know, all the way around between who's he targeting in OTA's as far as receivers is he given justin Jefferson some love? Are we more of a deep shot team or are we more of just a quick game team? Like how's all that gonna look? I think that'll be the biggest storyline. And then of course Caleb's banks his health. I mean, we all I think I'm curious, like, you know, what's he going to look like? Is he going to be ready at all for any of the offseason stuff?
Speaker 2: If he does?
Speaker 9: You know, are we're gonna get a glimpse of how he looks sort of with the whole defense. And then that then certainly as we get into training camp, as he is fully healthy, which we think is going to be fully healthy, you know, what's the defense look like with these new parts? You know, we got some new toys on defense, it's gonna.
Speaker 7: Be yeah, well said, where on your list is the Harrison excuse me, Harrison Smith watch not at all, not even close, No, not.
Speaker 9: If I mean it's not not nothing personal. It's like I don't think that. I don't think the team needs to be held hostage about what his status is. I mean they have to proceed as if he's not going to be there, and then it's just an ad extra add on bonus if he does show up and want to show up whenever he would whenever that is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't I don't.
Speaker 9: Expect that to happen until maybe at best, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I guess. We don't even know our bye week.
Speaker 9: I mean I would say probably week seven weeks to a lot of people keep saying that, and you guys might be right.
Speaker 7: I just think that's nuts, Like if you're gonna come back halfway through the season, Like what if, honestly, what if the Viking season is over?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what and what are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: You?
Speaker 2: I think that's why he is going to sit back and wait.
Speaker 7: He has so let's flip it. Let's say they're six and two. Then I think he comes back. But what if it's working without him? I mean, no offense to Harrison, but like, is there a spot for him if the secondary is playing well and you're six and two.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: The half season thing makes no sense to me. Either retire or don't, either player or don't. I don't get that.
Speaker 2: I think the boss of him.
Speaker 7: I'm not the boss of anybody, not even my own home. I'm barely the boss of myself.
Speaker 9: That I will I will only I will go back to the conversation that I had with him in the locker room room about Eric Kendricks, and I said, is there a scenario where Eric Kendricks this last season was picked up by the forty nine ers and just played out the rest of the season into the playoffs or you know, a playoff stretch.
Speaker 2: And he kind of smiled and says, yeah, that's the goal. That makes sense. Yeah, see as return.
Speaker 7: If he wants to do that, fine, But to me, it's like if he wants to skip all these stupid mini camps and training camps, He's like, I know what I'm doing. I don't need to read the playbook correct. I'm in good shape. I know what I'm doing. I'm a vet. If he wants to show up, when's our first game like September sixth or something.
Speaker 2: Whatever. Let's just say it's something like that.
Speaker 7: You have a week one by week If he wants to show up on September first and go all right, I'm ready. Can I just practice for like the next four days and play, They go, yeah, of course, you're good. That makes sense to me. Showing up like mid November makes no sense to me.
Speaker 3: I wanted to pop in a halftime of one game like.
Speaker 2: Run out on the field, I mean selfishly.
Speaker 9: Selfishly, he would want to come back right before the start of the Week.
Speaker 3: One or maybe NFC Championship game.
Speaker 9: If you're thinking about his check book, in his pocketbook, then you would say, yeah, I want to I want to come back week one, be on the week the opening day roster veteran. Veteran's salary fully guaranteed. Now, now the team is like, they might look at it and say, we'll bring you back week two. That way, we don't have to guarantee your contract.
Speaker 7: But how about this, This is the dumbest idea I've ever had. Oh let's see, but I already started my sentence, So now you can turn it back. Now, what if first Vikings home game, yep, so who knows. Let's say it's week one or week two, first Vikings home game, like midway through the first quarter, there's a TV timeout and then all of a sudden, on the big screens at us Bank Stadium, they start showing Morgan Wallen walking from the back of the stadium towards the field.
Speaker 2: And maybe brom noom doom dom dudo.
Speaker 7: And then he's like, oh, man, Morgan Walling's here. He's doing his walkout a bit. And then halfway yeah, out of the side of the camera shot, here comes Harrison Smith, fully geared up and he's ready to go. Morgan Wallins all liked and Brown loan when he's doing this a bit or whatever, God you love Morgan Mallin put down on him problem, I don't know what, something about beer and problems and stuff.
Speaker 2: Down on a problem and then he walks.
Speaker 7: Harrison Smith out to the field and the place just erupts. And then Morgan's like, well then am I doing like half time?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, no, don't need you go go do something.
Speaker 3: Rank Lindsay comes on.
Speaker 2: He's smashed again because he turned one? Does he turned twenty one by this fall? What did he turned twenty.
Speaker 3: One got to be pretty soon. Yeah, he's twenty right.
Speaker 7: How fun was that reaction over the weekend? How about everybody on the planet going, yeah, he doesn't have a fake idea?
Speaker 2: I could Yeah, I know. Everybody acts like he killed somebody. No not, I was. I almost feel like that's a that's a right, a passage when.
Speaker 7: He gas in a lot of ways, right, if he had gotten hammered and driven a car or beat somebody up or.
Speaker 2: Since now we're talking now, it's different in.
Speaker 7: Trouble, Yeah, fake idea, having a drink or whoever?
Speaker 2: I did that a thousand yes.
Speaker 9: Correct, thanks, Yeah, just kid, It's just another reminder that we grew up in that one of the greatest generation.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because if people are going to get all bent out of shape about somebody getting caught with a fake ID, I mean, think about the things.
Speaker 2: That we were doing. Oh lord, a fake idea was nothing? No, yeah, yeah, you were lame if you didn't have wine. I mean yeah, back in the seventies and eighties. Yeah, some of them. You didn't even have a picture on it.
Speaker 4: Listen, my version of the love boat was on a combine.
Speaker 2: Where people work out. Amazing, amazing, what do you think it is? It's like a tractor.
Speaker 7: That's right, man, you're gorm You're Gormley, You're Kevin gorm.
Speaker 9: Let me throw out one more thing about maybe another scenario, just so we can we can hit all the angles and we can all say that we're right.
Speaker 2: You didn't like my Morgan wall and walking. I think it's I think it's possible, I'll put it that way.
Speaker 7: Was it my impression of him that turns it off? Because I thought I nailed it. I've been working on it.
Speaker 3: Like the last impression. I thought he was here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, see, exactly right.
Speaker 9: You and Lavell bo Man So saw how many games did he miss at the start of the season because of his sickness or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's the issue that he had. Wasn't it four? Yeah? I think it was more than that.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: So maybe it's a scenario like that where he he skips training camp, they sign him, and then it's four or five weeks of him just getting ramped up, you know, as far as conditioning and.
Speaker 7: All that stuff, put him on the pup list or something.
Speaker 9: He's like on the pup list, and then he's just there in the building he's being the mentor guy. He's doing some of the practices. He's just trying to you know, he's ramping up to the season. That could be a possibility as well, where he's officially on the team, but we probably won't see him until week four of five.
Speaker 3: It can't be right. It says he only missed two games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's an ESPN, So.
Speaker 3: He seems active for those games, but he didn't play well.
Speaker 6: This says he played in the Bengals game. Was that week two? Wasn't he on a pitch count or something like he was? He didn't play three tackles in the game in Pittsburgh or against Pittsburgh and Dublin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he must remember.
Speaker 3: To being active for that game at all. That's weird, man.
Speaker 6: And then he played in the London game. He had four total or five total tackles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he must have been on a pitch counting because, yeah, man, when we come back after this break, have you guys seen the footage of that plane in New Jersey this morning?
Speaker 7: No, No, hit that driver that Yeah, it hit a truck as it was landing and it didn't crash.
Speaker 3: It hit light, pulling a truck and.
Speaker 4: There's video inside the guy's truck, yes, of him getting hit by the plane as it was landing.
Speaker 2: And thank god that guy's okay.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unbelievable man.
Speaker 3: Playing down the brown.
Speaker 2: That's not what he said.
Speaker 6: That's so I have to cut that from the podcast.
Speaker 7: So Zach, that was just me singing it. That wasn't the actual track. I know it sounded identical, but no, that was just me.
Speaker 2: So no, I think we're good.
Speaker 7: Uh Fan five and a second headlines later, this is the power trim Morning Joe on