Speaker 1: Camfe and welcome some great shows to Jamphitheater this year, including John Mulaney. He'll be there August twenty second. Black Label Society will be there September twenty fifth. At the complete details on all of our upcoming shows in the concert page kafe dot com Qurey Calendar.
Speaker 2: Hi, welcome back to the Powerty Morning Show. For the first time in a handful of week's, Tommy Yosen is here.
Speaker 1: Hi Tommy, so good to be back, so good, so much, so good to see you and hear you.
Speaker 3: I'm serious.
Speaker 4: When I woke up this morning, it was a little little groggy. I was a little rough this morning. I just kind of hit I hit snooze more than I needed to. But then I turned on my little phone app and then obviously I hear your voice.
Speaker 3: Hey oh, and you know it to make my day. You're the shot of energy I needed today. Can I tell you something.
Speaker 5: We're coming into undefeated time in Minnesota. I tell this to everybody I ever meet May to October.
Speaker 6: You can't beat Minnesota.
Speaker 3: You are correct.
Speaker 6: I'll line it up against any state in the world.
Speaker 3: Any outside of those times hideous, But during those time times, it's the best because.
Speaker 5: Right now you got all the playoffs NBA hockey, and then best weather of all time.
Speaker 6: Then summertime is great, and then we all know how great. October is the best month of the world.
Speaker 4: Can I just tell you from a parent's perspective, though, that has kids in baseball right now?
Speaker 3: It's hideous. Yeah, last night we were at a baseball on the mountain. He looks pretty good. He's I got to fix his hitting. But we're okay.
Speaker 4: Is he struggling at the Yeah, we got some props, we got some problem. I know, I know what he's doing wrong. We just have to drill it. The thing is all the parents right now, baseball or anybody that's outside you're in your winter coats, in your in your stock windy watching games literally last night.
Speaker 2: No, that sounds fantastic. I'd rather have that than eighty degrees right. No, No, nice.
Speaker 1: Hoodie, nice docking cap, got up, Maybe some AirPods, poker podcast, way to go, good job?
Speaker 3: Are you even watching watching?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 3: Eleven? Eleven year old? There twelve view twelve you is it Gopher State or is it? Babe? Ruth?
Speaker 8: Would be Gopher State? The best best time in my life. Best times in my life. Nothing's more competitive than Gopher State based. I'm not kidding. Well's nerves at the plate right now? Are is more nervous than he'll be for anything else.
Speaker 3: Wells doesn't really get nervous.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you that.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you he was trying to.
Speaker 4: I think he got really nervous last night when he got his Walleye sandwich and he was like, I don't can I'm going to challenge myself to finish this.
Speaker 3: That's about the biggest nerves. Twelve year old, you start to steal?
Speaker 6: Is there leading off yet?
Speaker 3: That's a good question. The boy has two games. God, twelve year old, play sweet. There's nothing better.
Speaker 5: No, there's going to a tournament and playing in twelve year old go for state baseball tournament is the top five.
Speaker 3: Experience all yes, yes, yes, it is. God, it's fun. That's before I got real fat.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then, well do you know you got snacks afterwards?
Speaker 6: You just hammer.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter what sport it is. Anytime that you go to stay at a hotel to play anything. It doesn't matter any work, basketball, whatever.
Speaker 3: That's why hockey is so beloved around. Yeah, twelve years old or whatever.
Speaker 4: It is ten years old and you got a weekend with your buddies in a hotel room.
Speaker 3: You feel like a pro. It's the best. Oh and you know, like the parents are going to be in their own room and you're just free. You're running, You're going to the You're going to the dog.
Speaker 5: Ditch in every room possible, throwing indoor, throwing ice down the hallways for no reason.
Speaker 4: Well now, well now you know what they got. Maybe not so much at this young age, but it's kind of happening.
Speaker 3: Door dash.
Speaker 4: Oh can you imagine twelve year old Tommy that has door dash app on his spine?
Speaker 3: Found Oh, he did have door dash.
Speaker 2: He would walk down the hall see if anybody put food outside the dot.
Speaker 5: That's where I started, I believe, with my brother and I because my dad said, no, we're not giving you more money.
Speaker 6: So Eddie and I would just.
Speaker 1: Go scavenge like a couple of raccoons in the hallway.
Speaker 9: I was on them for free. I'm late to the door dash bit one hundred out of one hundred. It's I've I've never used it until I three months ago. It's a home run.
Speaker 5: Ape plus wait for like the next especially when you're out of town the next.
Speaker 6: Vikings Monday night game. When you have all Sunday off and you're.
Speaker 5: Watching just bikes games, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you keep door Dash going like that.
Speaker 9: It is you're one of the guys that does like, hey we can stop at Perkins.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, stop at Target, grab some cookies on the way home, and then maybe maybe quick trip to see.
Speaker 7: What they got there. And like I literally three four stops. Yeah, it takes about an hour and a half and your food's cold frozen. Yeah, god, it's good. Yeah, I mean, nor Dash is sweet and.
Speaker 3: Literally I'm sober. There's no reason I can't just get out of bed and go get it.
Speaker 5: It's just strictly stay in bed and hopefully, but do you get right so you.
Speaker 3: Don't feel all fat?
Speaker 9: You know what I had yesterday? That's outstanding. Five guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, the restaurant thirty eight dollars for a burger. It's fantastic, correct, yeatyle?
Speaker 3: They should they should charge that the peanuts back yet?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that over? No, that's still there, five guys. What's a box of what? It's so good?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Just standing in line of hammer and some peanuts is fantastic.
Speaker 1: But is that back though? Yes, okay, I don't think you never want to win. You don't know during during COVID.
Speaker 5: Best thing about five guys freestyle machine awful.
Speaker 3: That's why I haven't gone in ten years. But I don't.
Speaker 1: But you guys remember you know when we did the four stop Dream fast food bit like a month ago, that was that was my fry pick?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Really? How do you beat those fries? So good? And they give you a like so many fries intentionally, right? They do the overflow double fried. They're so good.
Speaker 6: Have you actually had the hot dog there?
Speaker 3: No, So they cut the hot dog.
Speaker 5: Long way and then they fry both sides, that's right, And then you can load it up with anything dispatch.
Speaker 3: Cocked, the dispatch cockedor that's a cookie turn. Yeah, you know you spat cock chicken, chicken, that's how you say? Saw explain this? What is this now?
Speaker 7: Ben?
Speaker 9: Well, correct me if I'm wrong, No, explain it. You take like a turkey, what it's called spatch cocky.
Speaker 3: You take a turkey, what's or what's another any sort of burcken? You push it, you break it.
Speaker 9: The backbone of it, brilliant, So it lays flat and it cooks evenly on like a smoker. Wow, you take you.
Speaker 4: Cut, you literally cut the backbone out. You cut the backbone out, and then you just just like Sauce says, you put your the heel of your hand on the back of.
Speaker 1: It and flat half the caffe in staff is a bunch of dispatch cockers.
Speaker 3: I know that we're watching. It seems like almost cooks it perfectly. It cooks it. Really.
Speaker 9: I think Dob made a I think he smoked a but he's taking a pounding. Yeah, there's tobby. Think about this. Five guys spatch cocking hot dogs?
Speaker 4: That's insane or five guys while.
Speaker 3: Are you looking at my history? Yeah, it's a perfect way to smoke a bird. Really, but that's probably why they do it to hot dogs. It makes sense. Have you ever had try their hot dogs next time?
Speaker 6: It's so good.
Speaker 5: And they got good shakes vander shakes for sure, shakes are really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, five guys is elite.
Speaker 6: Did you did you get the unwinch?
Speaker 3: Did you go full bread?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I went full bread bread. Yeah, I'm thanks.
Speaker 9: To my friends at game day, I'm starting some weight loss bit hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so tonight in the last everything. You got to load it up. Yeah, those numbers. We went yesterday, Lou and I went yesterday. Yeah. God, it's great Ben.
Speaker 1: You know, like on Twitter though, if somebody says, hey, Ben Leber is really good at Twin Cities Live, what a professional? If you retweet that, that's the same thing as you saying it about yourself, that's great.
Speaker 2: People don't understand that. It's like, Okay, you basically just bragg for yourself. That's what five guys does? You go into Five guys. They have every article that's ever Yes, they do.
Speaker 3: In Philadelphia. Inquirer is best shakes.
Speaker 6: I've got my head.
Speaker 10: It's like, we get it. Five guys. They think they're great. Just ask that I'm already here exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: I know you're I know I'm here. Yeah I will.
Speaker 1: I'm getting the article that's ever been written, ever framed to they frame them in the bathrooms.
Speaker 3: I want to keep reading about how great we are.
Speaker 2: Sure it's a double right, it's a god, it's good.
Speaker 6: I mean it's FANTASTICO.
Speaker 3: Catch up onions, pickles and lettuce. I mean it's she'll forget the hallopenions. No, I can't do halipios yeah, why not you do this, spatch Cocking.
Speaker 6: I swear we can't.
Speaker 3: Set up exactly you ready for.
Speaker 1: This is News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saints and for Chris Hockey.
Speaker 3: I'm Zach Calverson. Good morning.
Speaker 1: These Saint Paul Saints are crushing in Vegas right now, two.
Speaker 3: Big wins already.
Speaker 1: They got three more games, actually, make that four more games before they are back home next Tuesday at cchs Field. Get your tickets Saints Baseball dot com.
Speaker 2: Sauce, I know you're a huge Twins fan, right did the Did I see that?
Speaker 6: Maybe I read this wrong?
Speaker 2: Like the Twins first round pick from like a couple of years ago hit three home runs in a game for the Saints a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: Is that accurate?
Speaker 9: The Emmanuel Rodriguez, No, somebody else, Menuel Well Walker Jenkins is hurt.
Speaker 6: It's not him.
Speaker 2: It's some first rounder launched like three home runs in a game, and I think it was for the Saints.
Speaker 1: I think it was triple A. Aaron Sabato, Yeah that guy, oh yeah, hit three home runs?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sweet?
Speaker 1: What is he playing for the Twins. Let's get that dude up here a singer. You're thinking of Sabato. There was there was Aica, No, there was an Antonio. Yeah, he's an actor as an actor, Okay, yeah, yeah, this is Aaron.
Speaker 3: No relation, I don't think.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah he did one day ago for him.
Speaker 3: Oh good him. I'd love to I'd love to know.
Speaker 4: Do we It sounds like we have some hitters in triple A in our farms.
Speaker 3: Our pictures or pictures. Yeah, well, maybe we just do the old Let's hit sixteen home runs a game and bomba squad, bamba squad, bring him back.
Speaker 2: You can win sixteen to fourteen and that still counts as a victory.
Speaker 6: What was the score last night?
Speaker 3: Fifteen to two? Hits? They hit more home runs and we had hits. We had three hits. Well, Washington hit four home runs.
Speaker 1: Well, so zacho and uh, you know, to be fair, I think the last score of the Saints game is like fifteen to two last night.
Speaker 3: So that's what we do. Future is bright, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Maybe the future is not bright for cryptocurrency ATMs in Minnesota. Minnesota is banning crypto currency ATMs. On Tuesday, Governor Tim Wall signed the bipartisan bill into lot bands kiosks that sell virtual currencies like bitcoin. There are on three hundred and fifty kiosks in Minnesota. The Department of Commerce that's been the state residents lost about one million dollars to kiosk scams in the last three years. So those random bitcoin ATMs that you see in the gas stations are going away.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: If I knew what was happening, I would have an opinion on this. But I don't even understand any of that. You just said, yeah, so me either. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: It's like I said, the scams are are crazy because they get on the phone with the old people and they say you need to send me money, and they go go to the ATM and they put the money in and it's terrible. I'm telling you. I got when they told me on Monday when I signed for the new mortgage of the new house that you're gonna get inundated with scams. They weren't kidding. I get texts every day about, hey, you need to call me.
Speaker 9: There's something we missed, and it's like some nine nine zero for four number.
Speaker 3: It's it's so many that was me.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you call me back? Well, you wouldn't text me. No, don't you have his phone number on the air.
Speaker 3: I called you to tell you about your loan approval. All you got to do is call me back now. I called you by your extended warranty. No one wants you.
Speaker 5: How scary it is when you do move and that buy stuff with all the money floating around, and then you get the scams and you're really overthinking.
Speaker 11: Everything, and then you're like, maybe it is real, Maybe it is. Somebody is just listen to me. I know nobody likes to listen to me, but just trust me. Never truly trust another human being. You're right, you know, and don't go outside.
Speaker 1: Don't just start with the trust that and always always get the shake, always get Speaking of man, Corey, our Doge is doing real good.
Speaker 3: Huh you do? No?
Speaker 6: I sold all that stuff. I'm out.
Speaker 1: I'm in something else. Don't about it, baby, No, it's over. It's over, doges, it's over for all the meme coins Howard Yeah, old Sheba Sheba dead, Doge dead Yep.
Speaker 3: That was fun though.
Speaker 1: Man, it was one of my favorite, Like the Doze year when it was just an unbelievable roller coaster and every day we.
Speaker 3: Would send each other the means Doge to the moon. Yeah, that was the most fun. Guys that went off on that.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, hot ass Randy did. Yeah, he made a good, good chunk of money off that man.
Speaker 3: That was the best. It didn't Hawk and by that it's I think.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure hawk butt it ten minutes forty non hosted Saturday Night Live, and then it tanked during the opening monologue when he called it a scam. Good times, old yeah, great times. That was the best. It was like, that was definition fomo right. All of us were like, Doge to the moon, and Chris is like, I'm left out. So he bought it at the absolute peak, but he bought like the wrong bitcoin that ended up being right there he thought he had. He bought bitcoin cash. Yeah, and it temporarily was I.
Speaker 6: Think he lost eventually on that too. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: That was fun. The Doge Summer of what was that twenty twenty? Yeah, I think it's around COVID.
Speaker 1: It was around COVID. Was it on maybe twenty one?
Speaker 6: Yeah? God, that was fun.
Speaker 1: We talked about this yesterday, but officials say a fire damaged the Haskells in Excelsior and overnight fire damaged the popular West Metro liquor store and restaurant. Fire crews reported to the scene around one thirty am to fight the blaze. Nobody was injured, but the damage to the nearly one hundred year old store is significant.
Speaker 2: Then that's your guy, man, Ted's on your show all the time.
Speaker 3: I saw him on the news yesterday.
Speaker 6: Obviously looked heartbroken.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's too bad, man.
Speaker 4: We're all we're all thinking about Ted and the family and everything's going on there. And yeah, I mean hopefully hopefully obviously they can, you know, hopefully they can rebuild. It's like an iconic spot, you know, and on that corner. So I'm just glad that nobody was injured, and it happened overnight where there's nobody there.
Speaker 9: I will say this, of all the bars that I've been to in my life, there is no group of regulars like the regulars at the Dirty Age.
Speaker 3: And yes, it's ninety regulars. It's a great spot. Yeah, that's said. People were crushed man. Yeah, yeah, God, Benny, do you ever not eat enough? And then what go on the show and drink a drink all the time?
Speaker 5: Drinks and catch a litle buzz and you're like looking at the telepropet.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, okay, you like you obviously, you and I both played when you played on Game Day.
Speaker 3: Sure, when was the last time you ate?
Speaker 5: I try to get a couple of chicken breasts in about four and a half hours before the.
Speaker 3: Game, right, but you don't. But you basically have an empty stomach when you don't. If I had anything coming, I do the.
Speaker 4: Same thing for that show. Oh really, I usually don't have anything. I don't I go I go in on an empty store.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 4: So to answer your question, there have been times where we have ted We'll have ted on and we're taking little TV.
Speaker 3: SIPs of wine.
Speaker 4: But then we're taking four you know, we have your four or five glasses in front, so you're drinking I don't know, let's just say a glass of wine by the end of it. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. The next segment, you're like.
Speaker 3: Me, it's a little warm right now. Yeah, it's a nice it's it's a nice warhome.
Speaker 5: You're shooting your shot before the game or before your showed yesterday?
Speaker 6: Is that your lock in time?
Speaker 4: Like all right, we're time to roll. Yeah, it's like my little like the little ritual I like to do. You got so locked in yesterday really started like right the free throw line, first shot, so.
Speaker 3: You're like Steph Curry and then you give all everyone like hand shake.
Speaker 4: So let's yeah, it kind of changes every day that Ben's like, who's who's there? Am I going to like say hi to everybody? Then go grab the basketball and shoot it? So you have like a pregame ritual just like you did for football. I mean to a point, that's cool. Yeah, it's a really cool, cool point.
Speaker 2: That's sick, Tommy, are you familiar with his? Check this out? So Ben's going to Egypt next year, are you really?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Elizabeth is in Elizabeth is in Japan right now? What Kelly's going to land to Switzerland. Kristien's going to like on a next year next.
Speaker 3: Year right, like to cruise in July Norway and Sweden and stuff. It's like that's what the Power Trip wanted to do ten years ago.
Speaker 2: That was our goal was to basically just throw a dart at the mat like we wanted like, you know, go to Mattagascar with mister z right, go to New Zealand with John Bonus, and we were just gonna do travel the world with the power.
Speaker 3: To morning show.
Speaker 6: And that's what Twin City's life is doing.
Speaker 1: It's bastards. As Ben brought up the pot the differences. I mean, you're gonna see Kristen, You're gonna see Elizabeth in Japan.
Speaker 3: If you travel with them, what about her life?
Speaker 1: You wouldn't see one number of the power. Don't think you'd see mister z and Madagascar. He'd spend time with anybody you'd see. I'm always available. I'm sitting in the sportsbook. I'm available to talk to, available to like. I get your bit.
Speaker 3: But I've never seen you in Las Vegas. Yeah, I avoid you. I've been to Vegas with you what twelve times? Wow? Never seen you? Okay, so that you're not a listener, I don't care about you.
Speaker 4: Zacho brings up a decent point that So on my trip to Egypt, after a day and a half in Cairo, we fly to Luxor and then we get on a riverboat cruise and we go back.
Speaker 3: We go that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we go on the Nile only stop and see all the sites on the lot of the aisle. So the difference is making that I'm on a boat with like sixty five people for twelve days or ten days.
Speaker 3: Right, Tommy, it's sold out.
Speaker 6: Come down.
Speaker 3: You're living on the nile. I'll be living on the nile.
Speaker 4: Well, I am immersed with all of the people, which is not what you got.
Speaker 2: Well we've done that though, Like in Ireland, in London, we've seen people Vegas is. Look, we even promoted it as this a year ago. You do Vegas your way. I don't like telling people in Vegas we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna do this at noon and this at too, and this it's Vegas. I might sleep for six hours, no judgment. Why Vegas is the greatest city in the world. Got to be more structured in Europeander, Egypt or whatever.
Speaker 9: Go on and you see one of us, and you come up to us and we start chatting about I don't know, slot machines, the sports game. I won't be annoyed. I'll keep chatting with you all day, no problem. I can name some people that are.
Speaker 6: Let's get in a debate.
Speaker 3: What celts are you like better watermelon? Have you seen the guy they came out with transfer Usion? Yeah that looks pretty good.
Speaker 6: Yeah they did.
Speaker 3: I believe transusions they did.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you could only have though, like you could only have like two trans people.
Speaker 5: I do skinny transfusions on the course, which are diet powerade zero purple.
Speaker 3: That's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I like that load so quickly because Zach your hands up, but quickly before Zacha makes his point.
Speaker 3: You have to pick one of those four. And it's with that.
Speaker 6: So Ben in.
Speaker 3: Egypt, Ben in Egypt, Ticket deep Breath, separate rooms.
Speaker 1: No Ben in Egypt, Elizabeth Japan, Kelly Switzerland, Christian Nordic Cruz.
Speaker 6: Schmall went on a Norda cruise.
Speaker 3: That is phenomen I believe in uh Switzerland.
Speaker 12: Those are so good. Okay, what time of year Switzerland? Setember skiing Swiss Alps. Well, I don't think you're skiing, no, I mean I mean September in Switzerland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so anti significant heat that the Egypt one would be last, even though you would be first on my you know, I know you the best out of the four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess I could check right now because this would be like the time I would go next year.
Speaker 3: Most exactly twelve months from now Japan.
Speaker 5: Be Consess wants to go to Japan with Elizabeth, and she's the nicest human being alive.
Speaker 3: She she's there right now. You should follow on social media.
Speaker 4: It is it looks I was texting with her last night and she's like, it is everything. And we've heard Maxo talk about it is everything that everybody always says about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your guy got engaged there. You're gonna have to narrow that down for him. Center home exact your hand was up. What were you going to say? Yeah, well, no, I just set you the picture before we lose Tommy.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: I just the sob he put the chant's been talking about it and it's it is funny to be times got the back backwards hat on and he's like half the size of Ben and it just looks like he's like a kid next to Ben because.
Speaker 3: He puts it's like, now bend your hands up. Okay real quick, let me just go through the Cairo weather right now.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, Saturday ninety no, no, Sunday ninety six, no, Monday ninety five, Tuesday ninety nine, no, Yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: And again this is a I'm a guy that I go to Vegas in June and July every year. It's one hundred and seven degrees that one year was like one twenty. It was like the all time record for Vegas and I was there and it was hell, it is sixty five degrees in my hotel room.
Speaker 3: Yes, but Tom loves you. We get to wear like we could to wear a linen tunics around the whole.
Speaker 5: Any Benny, if you need like an assistant there, yeah, dial me in.
Speaker 3: I would love Sam's panties. Yeah, then you'll start dark TiO. You're the best.
Speaker 7: Too.
Speaker 3: Good to see you. Yeah, it'll get me back so good to be seeing you next Thursday. Yeah, I'm back. I'm back right back in then.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah? Can I say something? Of course? Seven years ago on Sunday, I brought Sasin Apple. That's how it all started. Good for you. Yeah, and happy Mother's Day to on site. Isn't this year a power trip anniversary too?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thirteen years ago I started Man that makes nursing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm old, no kidding.
Speaker 3: Uh, sauce with spoils as this, see you, Tommy, love you all right, let's dive in boom sauce ready, Yes, sir, I'm I'm try. I can't find the page. There it is you alive.
Speaker 7: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 9: The Wolves got absolutely run over by the Spurs one thirty three to ninety five and absolute dismantling.
Speaker 3: The Wolves were nine of thirty four three.
Speaker 9: The starting five made one three pointer last night their leading score, which was I think three or four of them had twelve points. The series is down tied one one. Game three is tomorrow at the Target Center. The Spurs are three and a half point favorites tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: You can listen to it on the station. That was bad, really bad.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Like we said earlier, I don't even know what there is to say.
Speaker 1: I know there's gonna be a discussion the rest of the shows, excuse me the day long here on Kfan. The shows are going to break it down and try to find something to talk about. But like, it's just one of those I don't know, Ben, isn't this one of those you don't even look at the tape.
Speaker 3: You just burn the tape and move on, Like it's just what a waste of time? It work? No, it's a waste of test. So reset today.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they do that, but reset today finds something different tomorrow. Whatever you had in game one worked pretty well, especially defensively against Wemby. You only get eleven points in game one, right, eleven? I think it was eleven?
Speaker 3: Did yessee?
Speaker 4: Do you guys pay attention to Draymond's breakdown during halftime?
Speaker 3: Sucks? I was like, what what are you talk like? I didn't even I.
Speaker 2: Don't know when he was on the big screen or pointing at the big screen. Yeah, and Kenny Smith was making fun of him too.
Speaker 3: I know you guys love that show.
Speaker 1: I think it's just hard to watch well for Draymond sucks though, When then when Shak's there, when the whole the.
Speaker 3: Fab four a there, it's good.
Speaker 4: I don't know, they're clips good. I think the I think their clips are good. They're they're funny in a it's kind of like how I feel about SNL. If you watch the whole thing, you're like, was that a great use of ninety minutes? I don't know, but the highlights, but the highlights are good. And I kind of feel the same way about that show, the little social media clips and I got that's kind of funny. That was kind of a funny moment, But overall, like they just stumble and bumble through things and they just have their own like inside bits, and I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, that's definitely going to be a noon to three promo by the end of the day.
Speaker 9: As guards, he tweeted last night, the biggest mistake this group is made talking about inside the NBA is assuming anyone thinks Draymond.
Speaker 3: Adds value to the show.
Speaker 9: Yeah that's a great point, yep, and it's got almost two thousand likes. Oh let's see here. The Knicks beat the Sixers one eight, one o two. They have a two to Ohero series lead Cat had twenty points.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it just it sucks that the Wolves aren't better and healthier because I do think that whoever comes out of the West, I'm not saying they're gonna have a cake walk through the East, but I just think the winner is from the West. So I don't think the Lakers can do it because I think the Thunder are gonna roll them. So I truly think the NBA champ is either the Spurs, the Thunder, or in a dream scenario, of the Wolves. I think the winners out of the West.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, But do the Pistons or the Knicks scare you?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: If we were healthy, if we had iohealthy, Dante healthy, and healthy.
Speaker 3: No, I think we could beat those teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just sucks that we're not healthy and we have to get through the spurs in the thunder. I don't know, it's frustrating. I'm not saying that the Knicks are playing well.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying this would be like we'd sweep them, but I think we would beat them.
Speaker 3: I do two. Yeah, yeah, in a seven game series, but whatever.
Speaker 9: Speaking of a seven game series, Game three of the Wild and Abs is on Saturday at eight pm. You can hear it at this station. I'm sure there's extended pregame coverage starting at noon, starting at noon. Who's doing it?
Speaker 1: I think Parker Fox noon to two and then falling this noon or two to four Tackle, Terry Tuma does four to six, and then I think six to eight is Dusty Mon.
Speaker 6: See I knew I should have read that email.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was Dusty Mon.
Speaker 9: Yeah. The Abs now lead to to OH. Game time is at eight pm.
Speaker 1: Zachis, Yeah, we'll throw that into a must win category. I think they're not going to come back down to three to OHO, so they need to win the next two. Make this a best of three and hopefully steal one of those three in Colorado, that's a very good hockey team. They had a day off yesterday, so hopefully that did the Wonders love a practice I think today again, probably another skate tomorrow, and then use all that R and R to beat the Avalanche on Saturday night, hopefully, and they gave.
Speaker 3: Me keep talking about it.
Speaker 1: But the outdoor watch party on West Seventh, they're closing down the street. They're going to big screen festivity start at five o'clock. Good way to spend a Saturday night in Saint Paul celebrating.
Speaker 3: Minnesota sports baby.
Speaker 1: Even though, as Sauce tweets out, they'll always let you down.
Speaker 9: Yeah they will, but it's still fun. Yeah on Saturday, I can't wait. Hey, roller coasters let you down, but yeah, well so they're still fun.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I just checked out the old Avs schedule regular season. October twenty first through the twenty sixth, they lost four consecutive games. Now three of those were in overtime or a shootout, but that was in a row. Otherwise, they had a really weird stretch basically the entire month of.
Speaker 3: January where they were losing.
Speaker 2: They were like losing four out of five a couple of times, but that's I mean, it's it's nothing.
Speaker 3: But wins outside of those two little blips. Do we know in that stretch if they're a healthy or.
Speaker 1: Not great question as well, And obviously they don't think they were.
Speaker 3: I think they were dealing with some stuff back down.
Speaker 1: So, and they have not lost a game in the postseason yet. They are six and zero. They have trailed for I think a total of four and a half minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 2: So even like you just said, it's a must win, chances that they're going to lose four out of five to the Wild pretty slim? Yeah, but losing four straight to the Wild is almost zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Olive Oil slim. Isn't that her name? Popeye? Yeah? Yeah, she's very skinny.
Speaker 1: I thought you were to say. I think you're trying to see her last name was slim.
Speaker 3: Oh Olive oil slim.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that would be your name if she was a serial killer. Mmm, does she needs three names?
Speaker 3: Well, Olive Oil? Yeah, I was thinking all of oil is in one name.
Speaker 6: Their last name is slim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your last name oil? I think so? Does that mean Popeye's name is oil? Last name is oil.
Speaker 1: Go for some pop I don't think either one of them had a last name. Man, how about the bit about the Popeye movie with Robin Williams. Uh, it was basically just to they filmed it just so they could all do cocaine for like four months and they would like bring over cocaine and film canisters. It's a disaster if you watch, like, if you watch clips of that movie, they're all just geek to the guild, which is a.
Speaker 3: Great because the whole point of Popeye.
Speaker 1: Is that he hammers Finch and then loses his mind and it's all jack yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it just wasn't Spanish. It was the Devil's damn. I mean there's like.
Speaker 9: Conic stories about it about how like how much cocaine was done on the set of that movie.
Speaker 4: And I only want to picture him doing that fully dressed as Popeye. Yes, I don't want to see him just as Robin Williams walking to set. I want to see him fully make up, with the fake forearms, just doing lines.
Speaker 3: I have not seen that movie since I was a kid. I bet I've never seen them.
Speaker 2: I probably saw it four or five times when I was a kid because I thought it was Popeye.
Speaker 1: I love the Popeye cartoons. Why not watch you know the movie? I have no idea if it holds up.
Speaker 9: I don't Yeah, Robin Williams Pop I had the most coked up film set and everyone was stoned, says former studio boss. They were shipping in cocaine and film canisters, spinach cans. Right, love it. You couldn't escape it, he said about the drug drug use. They were actually shipping in film cans at the time. Film cans would be sent back to la for daily processing. Film that was shot in this movie was shot in Malta and we found out the cans were just filled with cocaine. Everyone was stoned. What's the what's the what is that the right vernacular? If you're if you're a coke head, do you get stoned?
Speaker 3: Oh? Do you get high? Or you just get coked up? I don't know that.
Speaker 1: The one person here who's done cocaine, I think it's stoned or yacked?
Speaker 3: Yacked? Yeah? How yacked did you get when you did it?
Speaker 4: I don't know what it's Okay, Google, come on, because when I hear stoned, I just think of people's smoking pot, right, don't.
Speaker 3: Ever do cocaine.
Speaker 1: I googled, and that's all all it is, is like national helpline for our dog issues.
Speaker 3: Like what you need help, Zacho? Well, I said, do you get stoned or high on coke? Proper verbiage? Yeah, you get yacked? Yeah. Now now you're on a list? Wow? What list? They think you need help?
Speaker 1: I don't need help. I've never done coke. I looked at it once. Yeah, you looked at it. I thought about it, and then I thought wise not to do that, because yeah, wise not to do Oh wise man said, don't do coke. You'll get yacked. There's a universe in which I did do that, and I had a really really great night. But I'm probably not here. Alternate mention exactly. See, Zach makes smart choices.
Speaker 3: What do you selling kids?
Speaker 1: Right? You say to your kids, make good choices, make good choices.
Speaker 3: Zach makes good choices? Does he? I mean? Who to a park? Once? What's wrong with who cares? Go outside? Yeah? Just lovely out. I mean I'm not going.
Speaker 1: I've never got strapped thrown at a park. Okay, I've never got Viking's news. In a second, if there is any more with Ben Leber after this Power Trap.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a tease, right, there might not be an Vikings news. Yeah, stay tuned for nothing. Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: We might have nothing after this Power Trim morning show on the.
Speaker 1: Fan Fan from tip off to the final buzzer. Carboni's Pizzeria has your Game three playoff party covered. Visit one of our over thirty locations, score big on great pizza, and enjoy Game three on Friday night. Find Carbonis at carbonis Pizza dot Com.
Speaker 3: Should we do it? I don't we sure? I have a few questions. We have a lot of stuff I don't want to without further ado or is it?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's done in here. I have a few questions for Ben. What's up?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Hold on, duh, I'm terrible.
Speaker 8: It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented by.
Speaker 3: Joe so Ben Leeber.
Speaker 9: All of us assume or have assumed, since the news came out that Kyler Murray is going to be the starting quarterback in twenty twenty six, right.
Speaker 3: Sure, yep? How did they handle the.
Speaker 9: How do they handle and I'm not saying JJ McCarthy's ego, but like, how do they handle his his career and where it is at this point while also like lifting up Kyler Murray, once we get to like where the public can see this, you know what I mean, Like they can hide it all they want now they can in OTAs, they can both take team snaps. But like once people start showing up, once you have to come out with a depth chart, Like how long can they kind of hide this without having it be public? I don't think they can really hide much. To be honest with.
Speaker 3: You, what do I do?
Speaker 9: Like but like in the videos that they released, like they don't they just show the quarterbacks like working out right, They don't like they we want it. Everybody assumes that Kyler Murray is going to be the starting quarterback for the Vikings.
Speaker 3: Right, they have never come out and said that. Right.
Speaker 9: They don't want They want the competition to be there, is what I'm saying. My point though, is is like once we start seeing this like JJ or like Kyler Murray's going to have to take the first team reps when this gets serious in like two months and JJ's got to take a back seat or I guess my question is, well they run split first team offenses.
Speaker 4: I think because whether the public is there or not, we already know that we get pretty good information from our reporters in town. Yeah, you know, and they have really good connections with whoever they have within the organization, and you know, not in a scandalous way, but that's just how it works, right, that's how news is distributed.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I've heard some.
Speaker 6: So man, that guy.
Speaker 4: I really think within the first two to three OTAs, where there's no public there, I think you'll start to hear some rumors about how they are circulating and rotating the quarterbacks through because I really do think it is in the Viking's best interest to create as much true competition as possible. I don't I don't think that they want to fake anoint to anybody right now and say, Okay, you know we're gonna we're gonna like just play this off, but Kylie, you're gonna be the guy.
Speaker 3: Wink wink.
Speaker 4: You know, that's probably what they think is going to happen. But isn't it in their best interest to give all three of them the best chance to succeed and the best chance to win. I think I think the the creation of anything is the creation of an even horse race. Yeah, even even if they the players and the people within the organization feel like it's not going to be let's say it. As we get through the OTAs and we get into that mini camp where we can actually as a public go watch, I still think they're gonna they're gonna manipulate the situation that is gonna be a head to head competition all the way into training camp.
Speaker 9: How much of the offense changes with Kyler at quarterback? So I guess my point is like we can have this like competition, as you said they will, because that's why.
Speaker 3: They brought him in.
Speaker 9: If they didn't want a competition, they JJ would be the starting quarterback and we'd move on. Like the Eagles, there's gonna there's no competition. The offense is Jalen Hurts and they just move on through their offseason. But like, do you have to change the offense a lot with Kyler Murray under center? My point though, is is like eventually there has to what happened going there has to be like a separator right where eventually it's gonna be like JJ, you got to take a back seat, man, Like it's Kyler's offense, is what I'm getting at. Well, I think that's gonna be a really interesting setup for Kevin O'Connell in that if you are going to give guys equal reps and you're gonna have to all the guys run the offense, Well, two guys know how to play under center and one guy doesn't. Yeah, so how do you make sure that they all equal parts, get the same evaluation, with the same levels of throws and the same defenses, and they're doing all that equally when one guy in Kyler Murray has to make a giant leap into meeting this offense where it's at and we've talked about it for weeks and months before when we signed him. Is he doesn't do a lot of under center under Cliff Kingsbury. Now, the last couple of years under Petsing's offense, he did a little bit more, but I think it crept up from under ten percent under Cliff Kingsbury. Then he went into sort of the twenty percent range under center with Petscene. But Kevin O'Connell is like forty five percent under center. So where's that meeting in the middle? Does he do they have to meet in the middle, Because if you're going to meet in the middle with Kyler, then you probably have to meet in the middle with the other two. I think that's going to be an interesting dance how they figure that out.
Speaker 1: How aggressive do you want the Vikes to be to try to get Juwan Jennings in the building again after last week's little meeting.
Speaker 4: Well, they've been really fiscally conservative and rightfully so, I mean shedding that all that money is only going to benefit the organization.
Speaker 3: If you feel like those guys.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, obviously some guys aren't even a lot of guys aren't even in the building. So they've they've asked guys to restructure to help out with the team. I don't think that they want to get into a bidding war. I mean, even if it's four, you know, a million bucks here and there, two million bucks here and there, I don't know, Like to me, the whole thing seems a little fishy that Juwan Jennings, rightfully so, and his agent are going around trying to get trying to maximize whatever deal he can get, and the Vikings aren't in that in that world of competing for just this one guy, Like I think you can go find a wide receiver three for the money you're willing to spend.
Speaker 3: Is there a name out there that intrigues you that we haven't discussed.
Speaker 4: Not necessarily, I haven't like dove that deeply into it.
Speaker 2: Do you think Tyreek Hill's still going to command serious money or no, there's no way.
Speaker 3: What about Keenan Allen? I mean, there's such an age thing there.
Speaker 4: I mean, and I think with Keenan Aley, you're still looking for specific skill sets. And I don't think that Keenan Allen fits what we're looking for at wide receiver three?
Speaker 6: What do we have beyond three?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Because we keep saying ty Felton might be three if we don't sign somebody or trade for somebody or find a later camp.
Speaker 3: Cut or something. What's what's four and five looking like? I mean, what's do we have any depth? What are we doing? Tight ends? Tight ends?
Speaker 4: I guess, I mean, you know that was the whole idea when we were looking at Kenyon Sadiq was you know, there's does twelve personnel become our eleven personnel? And and do we use these ultra athletic tight ends as wide receiver three? I still think I still think in a way we could do that. You know, I'm not sure Brettison really fits that role right away, and we can really account for a guy that's going to be a rookie that's going to learn this offense.
Speaker 3: And you know, we've we keep hearing that.
Speaker 4: You know, tight end in this offense is probably one of the most complicated places to learn because you have to be in and outside the core all the time. And for a guy like Josh Oliver, he's got to play a little bit of full back and all that stuff, so you got to learn multiple positions on both sides of the of the center line. So I don't know, I mean, I know, obviously we're they feel internally that we need to get somebody else from the outside to play a wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Three.
Speaker 2: Like if I went through the depth trot right now, because I'm looking at it at the ESPN dot Com, if I just started naming dragons from House of the Dragons, you would believe it just as much as these actual names.
Speaker 9: Like ce Smoke. Yeah, he's our fourth wide receiver. So they drafted him out of Paris. Yes, he was on the French national FOWOW and he played his football. Now that's a credible, unbelievable athlete. Well, that was that was the thing to Ben's point, that's why like the Kenyon City thing, and like I'm sure they paused for a second and said, hey, do we take Mackay Lemon here? Like the wide receiver group after the top top two is the depth is terrible, terrible.
Speaker 3: It's all a bunch of.
Speaker 9: On people who have no really really any clout in the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there is not a lot of experience. I mean there's a flat out not a lot of snaps behind those tes guys. And yeah, I think there's a lot of promise with Ty, but not a lot of snaps.
Speaker 3: He didn't play until like the.
Speaker 9: Last game, Like, hey, helped us win. You love those last five wins and you're on my side on that too. Yeah, that was an absolute waste of time. Don't lose all five of those games, and guess what you might have.
Speaker 3: Caleb Downs on this team probably wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a fan five and a second headlines later, the Wolves did lose big time to the San Antonio Spurs, one thirty three to ninety five. That game was over pretty early, so maybe you went to betterly, maybe you're well rested, you didn't miss anything. They didn't come back one thirty three to ninety five.
Speaker 3: More the power trim morning two. After this, on the fin