Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show look from Lonnecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline Chile feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured called eight four to four, Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three t oph On seven hundred WLW the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get it go on six eight. If it's Thursday night, it must be the Roundtable Show. And that means we're hanging out at Longnecks in Wilder Lance. McAllister Boyman. Two hours do unfold tonight. We've got Bengals, We've got bear Cats. We've got some college football to talk about as well. Rocky has navigated the highways and byways through the rain and the wind and eventually there will be sleep and there will be dropping temperatures.
Speaker 3: Christmas shoppers everywhere, total chaos, chaos.
Speaker 2: This show sets up for a little bit of chaos tonight. I get this almost feels like on the verge of like Christmas break and let's just cut it loose and fire away and do that for two hours tonight, so we have some ground to navigate. We are looking forward to conversation with Trags at six twenty tonight. Boy, he had an eventful day yesterday at the Bengals press conference with Zach Taylor. We'll talk with Chad Brendle the Bearcat Journal. You see football coming up in the seven o'clock hour. We're gonna hear some of what Zach has said this week. We'll talk about that. We'll hear some of what Joe Burrow has said this week, talk about that as well. And Rocky. I'll say this just as the tea. I mean, the cool thing is we've experienced losing. Certainly we've experienced losing Bengals seasons, but they've been losing and they've been boring, and we've reached this point of the year and we were I was probably printing out like mel kiper mock drafts. We've reached a point in this season where it's a terrible season. But holy Cali, they've given us storylines. Yeah, there is action and there are storylines that talk about and we will talk about them tonight. Does that sound like a plan?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, All right, let's.
Speaker 2: Get to some headlines and then we will go. We start with the Bengals. They continue to work on the Dolphins today for Sunday's matchup in Miami. T Higgins still in concussion protocol, was limited. Does not look like he's going to play. Shamar Stewart was a full go. It does look like he will play. Among those not practicing, BJ Hill, Chris Jenkins, Charlie Jones, and Joseph o'saidh Thursday Night Football rams at the Seahawks eight to fifteen on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. College Football. Bearcats continue work on Navy and the Liberty Bowl January. The second offensive lineman tarn TiO, Evan Tengisdahl, and Joe Cotton all announcing today on Instagram they are returning next season to be a part of the Bearcat offensive line. Who their quarterback will be next year? To be determined. We'll ask Chad Brendle about that and more as he checks in at seven o six. Congrats the former Bengals quarterback AJ mccerrn. He's been named head coach of the Birmingham Stallions of the United Football League the UFL. He replaces Skip Polks, who stepped down earlier this week. Until this week, McCarran had been a candidate for Lieutenant governor of Alabama. On Wednesday, McCarran ended his campaign for state office. Holds the son of Blue Guy to the club three consecutive championships, was USFL Coach of the Year in twenty twenty three and posted a thirty three and seven record with the Stallions. I have a Can I tell you a quick Skipholtz story? Yes, When I was in South Bend working in TV nineteen ninety one, Skip was the wide receivers co and the night before a week before the opener against Indiana, Rick Meyer and Demetrius de Bos remember those names. We're part of a group arrested at a campus party for underage drinking. And of course, anything that happens in South Bend related to Notre Dame is major news and the thought was they would receive a suspension and not playing the opener against Indiana. So I'm the weekend sports guy at that point and we needed reaction from Notre Dame and they weren't talking. Imagine that, John Balisari and they closed ranks.
Speaker 4: We're not going to talk.
Speaker 2: So I went with my photographer to lose house, really fault, and I knocked on the door and Skip answered and I said, yeah, I was hoping to get a comment.
Speaker 4: From your dad.
Speaker 2: And he said he's not talking and he closed the door off. That is my skiphole, you tried. I was the very aggressive and h fact seeking young reporter at that point, and Skip Poltz just said he's not talking and he closed the door. But you know, to meet Rick Meyer from Goshen, he was good. Not as much in the NFL, but at Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: I feel like the biggest thing people remember about Rick Meyer is Beino Cook guaranteed and he's gonna win two heismans.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, how do you? How do you?
Speaker 2: Was it Rick Meyer? Ron Poullos, No, it was Meyer or was it Paulas Maybe it was Paula. I think it was Paula. Paulis Yeah, sorry, Yeah, I watched Rick Meyer win a I'm pretty sure if I remember this correctly, win a state championship quarterbacking the Goshen. Think that the Goshen Redskins and Goshen, Indiana just outside of South Bend. He's a hell of a high school quarterback. I'm flashing back all right back to the headlines. Uh. I like when we just kind of debate into our own topics within the headlines. Red's announced the signing a free agent left tended pitcher Caleb Ferguson to a one year contract today. Charlie Goldsmith reports it's for four point five million dollars to twenty nine year old. Split last season between the Pirates and Mariners, he pitched in a career high seventy games and at a three point fifty eight earned run average. Hockey Blue Jackets skate on home ice versus the Minnesota Wild tonight seven o'clock. Blue Jackets, coming off a four to three win in overtime on Tuesdayay the sad in tragic news today, seven people, including NASCAR driver Greg Biffle, along with his wife and two children, died today after a private jet he owned crashed at a Statesville North Carolina Airport, there was fog, there were issues, tried to turn the plane around. The fifty five year old was a two thousand to two NASCAR Bush Series champion, two thousand Craftsman Truck Series champion, and well respected and left around the circuit and dies tragically today along with wife, two children, and according to reports, three others. Those are your headlines. We've got trags around the corner and Rock. We started to talk about this off air, and we'll get into what Zach has said this week and the contract extension that the club doesn't want to talk about and he didn't want to talk about, and what Joe Burrow has said this week. But I think it's almost moved us too quickly past an evaluation of exactly what happened on Sunday.
Speaker 4: This team at home.
Speaker 2: Playing for its collective playoff lives, no showed.
Speaker 4: They got to be twenty four to nothing.
Speaker 2: They had the ball for thirty nine minutes, they ran thirty one more plays than the Ravens, and they were out gained by nighteen yards. And Zach Taylor, boy wonder of the offense, engineered a offense that didn't score a single point and it looked like a team that really had zero interest in playing a football game. And I don't know why that isn't more talked about in terms of exactly what Zach is doing and exactly how the players are responding to him right now.
Speaker 4: They look cold, Yeah, they look cold.
Speaker 3: The car and to your point, I mean they had three drives early on in the game inside the Rams or Rams ravens like thirty three yard line yep, zero points.
Speaker 4: That's hard to do, right.
Speaker 2: We'll ask Trags a little bit about that, but a lot about his exchange with Zach yesterday and more as we continue. He's Rocky on Lance, Cincinnati Tax Resolution, Power by Topees shown and Roundtable show Long Necks and wild are presented by Postman Laws seven hundred WLW six one seven hundred WLW or at long Necks in Wilder. It is the round table Show Lance, but catlist Rocky Boyman. Let's jump right into it with our first guest, our regular. He covers the Bengals for c LNS Sincy with thewy dot com host of the Jungle War podcast on YouTube, the man they referred to as Trags and Mike Petrellia. Imagine how easy it would have been and what it would have been like yesterday had Duke Tobin just walked into the room before Zach and said, guys, I know you're aware of the report. What questions can I answer about my coach, my quarterback and my team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know that's not the standard operating procedure down at pay Course Stadium and it never will be. It's just I mean, that's why you have to understand that part of Zach Taylor's job description is to answer questions to the media for the entire organization, be the face of the organization, if you will, And that's why he gets paid what he does by the Browns and Blackburns to handle, you know, the stuff when it hits the fan. And I will say, and I wrote this on colnssinc dot com, he handles it with great grace.
Speaker 6: He handles it with a smile.
Speaker 5: He doesn't get short with us for the most part, and when he does, he still is pretty polite about it.
Speaker 6: But that still.
Speaker 5: Doesn't answer why he was given a two year or a five year extension again after the twenty twenty two season. Somebody would you would think, step forward from the organization and say, well, this is why we extended him twice in the period of two years. That answer is not going to be forthcoming, obviously. I asked that question yesterday afternoon. Zach was not going to illuminate us as who came about And you know, it's just part of the reality of covering that beat and part of the reality of the way the Bengals do business.
Speaker 6: You accept it and move on.
Speaker 3: So not disclosing the contract would is still ridiculous, but okay, fine, but now it's there.
Speaker 4: It exists.
Speaker 3: The contract extension happened. You asked Zach Taylor about it, and he's not He can't comment on it like it's factual. It exists, Like like, what was the in your opinion? Why was he reluctant to even answer.
Speaker 6: That, because I don't.
Speaker 5: I think he feels like he was would be betraying the trust of this family that did you know that gave him the extension?
Speaker 6: Uh. And furthermore, I.
Speaker 5: Think he doesn't want to take the chance of speaking out of line, which he kind of alluded to. I don't want to speak for other people in the organization. Well, we don't get a chance to speak to other people in the organization. But the reason he doesn't want to detail the contract that he signed is.
Speaker 6: Because he feels there was.
Speaker 5: An agreement between himself, the Blackburns, and Duke Tobin. And the same can be said for Joe Burrow when he negotiated his mass of two hundred and seventy five million dollar contract extension. They managed to keep that pretty quiet. Jamar Chase and t Higgins. When Rocky Arsenal was negotiating that deal for his two clients with the team, again, the details were very very quiet, and the Bengals successfully over the years have kept things very close to the best and that's just the way they like to do business. So Zach Taylor wasn't going.
Speaker 2: To step out of line with that modus opper end trags of everything interesting that Joe said yesterday, Was there one thing in particular that caught your ear more than others yesterday?
Speaker 5: Well, I think the obvious is that I think about a lot, or you think about a lot of things. He was speaking in third person when he said it, But Paul Danner Junior did a fabulous job of asking him if he sees a world where he's not playing with the Bengals.
Speaker 6: Next year, and he said, no, I don't.
Speaker 5: But going forward after that and saying, do you see a world where you could play for another team down the road, He's like, you think about a lot of things. And then Paul brought up the fact that, you know, there's always seems to be blockbuster moves every once in a while in the NFL, even with the star quarterbacks Dayton Manning with the Colts going to the Broncos, Tom Brady going from the Patriots to the Buccaneers. And then you know, Joe Burrow brought up even this year with Micah Parsons being traded right before the season from Dallas to Green Bay.
Speaker 6: Stuff like that happens.
Speaker 5: As Joe Burrow said, crazy things happen. Well read between the lines. You don't have to be, you know, that much of a sleuth to understand that he could be referring to Joe Burrow down the road. And sure that could happen down the road if things fall apart. And you know, I'm not going to sit here and speculate that, oh, there's a could be a trade next.
Speaker 6: Year or a year after that. I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 5: And it'd be pretty naive and ridiculous to throw that out there. But if the Bengals don't take care of business, if they don't do what they need to this offseason to address the defense like they did after twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, sure if anything's on the tabletrack.
Speaker 3: I know Jamar Chase spoke on Joe Burrow's behalf about Joe Burrow, and you know, maybe some of the answers he gave it to questions, what is the general feeling of other members on the team about Joe Burrow?
Speaker 4: Has that changed at all?
Speaker 3: Do they have any other insights that they've shared recently, you know, the struggles of the team and whatnot.
Speaker 5: Aside from what Jamar Chase said after the game about you know, maybe he'd like to see changes going forward, maybe that would could happen next year.
Speaker 6: He kind of walked that back a.
Speaker 5: Little bit today saying that, you know, he loves the administration, loves the ownership. And I asked him, well, why do so many players stand up for this ownership and the front office? And he said because probably the way the young players are treated Shamar Stewart aside treated when they get to the organization, They're treated very well.
Speaker 6: They're treated with a lot.
Speaker 5: Of loyalty and care, and I guess that means a lot to the players. So Jamar Chase kind of walked that back. I thought a little bit today there was clearly a tone of I'm not going to go after anybody. That's not why I'm going to sit up here and take, you know, take questions.
Speaker 6: He also said something interesting.
Speaker 5: Today about you know, when you have a bad season like this year, it's all part of the journey.
Speaker 6: Joe Burrow said the same thing yesterday.
Speaker 5: A lot of players are repeating that, Look, you have a terrible season. You don't want to go through a terrible season, but it's part of your journey in the NFL. And not every player gets to play on the twenty ten New England Patriots and have ten years of unprecedented success.
Speaker 6: The NFL is not built that way.
Speaker 5: Not every player gets to play on the pat Mahons Kansas City Chiefs of the last ten seasons.
Speaker 6: It's not realistic.
Speaker 5: And some of the Bengals are, I think, coming to a reality.
Speaker 2: Check in that regard drags lessen a minute. Are we going to see Shamar Stewart on Sunday? And if so, how important are these final three games? For him and what the coaches see from him.
Speaker 5: So I was in the group in the scrum around Tamar Stuart and he said, Yep, I'm tracking to play on Sunday. I expect to play and I'm looking forward to get back on the field because I've been through a lot this year.
Speaker 6: He's missed a lot of time.
Speaker 5: He wants to get that first career NFL sack, and he said.
Speaker 6: I was asked, does he have.
Speaker 5: A celebration in mind if indeed he gets that first sack? And he said, yeah, I think I'm thinking of something. But you can tell that Chamar Stewart has worked hard to get back to this point. Doc Taylor mentioned it yesterday in his press conference that he's been very diligent. And you know, give Chamar Stewart a lot of credit. He's been through a lot, from the contract negotiations before training camp began to the injuries to this point. I'd like to see him get on the field for the final three games and kind of get some momentum going for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: And I'm sure he would too.
Speaker 2: Traig's Your Price of Staying the Course is a must read for those who want to read watch and follow tell him how they can do that.
Speaker 5: The LNS Sincy with a y dot com. You'll be getting a feature in terms of looking ahead to what's at stake also this weekend in Miami. I'll have that up sometime tomorrow. Also, you can follow my Jungle War podcast that's up on my YouTube page YouTube dot com slash Jungle War Pod and has always got those highlights and some of those clips from the locker room.
Speaker 6: That's up on the X app. Trags tr Ags.
Speaker 2: Excellent stuff as always, Thank you sir.
Speaker 6: All Right, gentlemen, have a good one.
Speaker 2: He is Trags on the Bengals beat. We'll take a time out, get to check on news and get back into Zach Taylor conversation. If we continue from LONGEX and Wilder with the Roundtable Show seven hundred WLW six eight seven hundred WLW the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show, We're at Longnecks and Wilder, brought to you in part by Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hawksworth Donors, Saved Lives Close to Home.
Speaker 4: Who will you say?
Speaker 2: The Lions McAllister Rocky Boyman and we work our way through the Bengals, get into some Bearcats coming up top of the hour as well. Let's do what we do each week at this time, we present our standing Ovation from last week. It's presented by Ovation the Urban Resort where Cincinnati coming to the Newport come together. We'll go with Miles Murphy in a tough game last week overall for the team, Miles Murphy certainly flashed multiple times. First career two sack game. He's got four and a half on the season. Miles Murphy gets our standing Ovation and it's presented by Ovation Apploid Life Experience, Ovation Visit Ovation on the River Dot. Come all right, let's get into this week's hot topic around the NFL. We'll make it around the Bengals, brought to you by Hudson Oil Feeling champions on and off the field. It's a combination of things, but we'll start with Zach Taylor, who Paul Dayer Junior, broke the news earlier in the week. He quietly top secret, got a contract extension after the twenty twenty two AFC Championship game they lost to the Chiefs. So where everybody thought he had one more year left on his contract being next season, he now had as two more years after this year left on his contract that was not divulged by the team or by Zach. It's led to questions about and you'll hear Kelsey Conway asked the question looking for simply confirmation of that. Yesterday was the first time Zach had met with the media since that report from Paul Dayer Junior. Listen to the line of questioning from first Kelsey Conway to Zach Taylor.
Speaker 7: Yesterday there was a report that your contract with the Bengals goes through twenty twenty seven. Can you came firm if that's true? And if so, the organization decided not to announce it. Do you know why the team decided.
Speaker 8: Not to announce it a year after they announced.
Speaker 9: I don't think it won't matters. I coach every day, I guess my last and I've been through years in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty that were literally you coach every game thinking it could be your last game. And I've seen how we responded after that.
Speaker 8: Twenty one twenty two.
Speaker 9: Compete for division titles and championships, and so this year is no different from me. It's going through adversity coaching every game in this profession like it could be your last one. I have a lot of confidence in our staff that we're going to get this turned around and we're going to finish the season really strong and put together a great plan to get back to those championships I mentioned.
Speaker 10: So I'm very confident we can.
Speaker 4: Do all that.
Speaker 8: Though it is through twenty seven.
Speaker 9: I'm not gonna respond to that.
Speaker 10: I just told you.
Speaker 9: I coach every day like it's my last one.
Speaker 2: Zach Taylor yesterday, see this file is under the category of they have to make everything difficult. This shouldn't have been that big a deal by not doing by not announcing it, they may by now not addressing it, they make it a bigger deal. I understand Zach not wanting to speak for the organization. The fact is the organization should have released that information, and since they didn't once to become became public, then Duke Tobin should have publicly made a statement or the team should have simply released a press release stating we gave Zach an extension, we believe him more excited about the future. But they have to make things, for whatever reason, more difficult than they ever should be.
Speaker 3: That is a great way of describing it. You're right just unnecessarily hard deal.
Speaker 2: He got an extension. I mean, what, what's the top secret information? And that is an objective piece of information. It's not like there's any opinion on it.
Speaker 4: It's just that's a great boy. The contract. We're just looking is it true or not? We've learned it's true. Could you just confirm it's But.
Speaker 3: When you when you're not, when you can't comment on a piece of factual information, it makes you think there's something to hide exactly.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, and it leads to this. Here is trags yesterday following up in the course of that press Cobbert's trags with Zach Taylor. Take a listen.
Speaker 5: You don't get a chance to talk to ownership or we don't get that opportunity, what kind of assurances have you given?
Speaker 10: You just talk every week?
Speaker 8: Every week talk about the contractor.
Speaker 9: Every week we talk about everything. Contract that's not really part of our conversation. Every week, we're just trying to create together a great plan to win football games and make sure our team's ready to go, make sure I'm ready to go. So I know that's of curiosity to you guys, but we're just focused on being the not.
Speaker 8: Say that's reassessed after the season every years. Ask them, Yeah, we don't get a chance.
Speaker 10: Okay, Well I'm sorry, Okay, I'm.
Speaker 8: Just being straightforward with that. We would ask them, but we don't get about okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just can't make it up. You just can't make up this type of comedy. I mean, what what are we doing? What are we doing? I just I feel like it doesn't surprise me.
Speaker 3: I guess they're saying, look, we don't want you know, do out there talking because you know, then it creates headlined No, no, this creates headlines. Can go if he goes out there and just says, hey, here's what's going on. And there's ways of answering questions without really answering them. But at least there's some you don't feel like there's a transparency that people feel and there's not that doesn't exist right now.
Speaker 2: Tom Brenham in This Morning does his has his weekly conversation with Zach, and Tom asked Zach about this very line of questioning and Zach having to speak for the organization without anybody else willing to speak. Here's what Tom asked in how Zach answered.
Speaker 11: Does it ever get tough? For you, because I got to be honest with you, I do feel for you oftentimes in having to basically be the spokesperson for the entire franchise almost on a daily basis, Does it wear on you at all?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 12: No, I embrace it. I like the approach that we have. I look around the league and there's plenty of instances where you would hope that people wouldn't talk. And because it's just it's a lot of different voices and now you get a lot of different opinions and you get to cipher through you know they have the same page or not. And so I know from working in this building and being with everybody every day, ownership personnel, that we are on the same page.
Speaker 10: We're very like minded.
Speaker 12: I don't mind during the season at all being the one that speaks. I think that's the right way to do it. And again, because I've seen around the league where you just wish people would would not talk. And so again everyone's got their opinion, everyone's got their style. This is what works for us, and I'm fully on board.
Speaker 2: Up earlier this morning, Tom Brendaman here on seven hundred WLW with Zach Taylor Rock, I will repeat what I tweeted yesterday and I've printed it out so I can read it word for word. It is patently absurd that Zach is forced by the organization to be the one that is uncomfortable and defensive in addressing questions about things done by the organization. It is the structure and the float chart of responsibility and accountability is out of whacken this franchise because Zach should not be answering when Trey is holding out.
Speaker 4: That should be Duke Tobin.
Speaker 2: Zach should not be asked to comment on Shamar Stewart's hold out. That should be Duke Tobin. When Jermaine Burton is released, that should be Duke Tobin talking about his draft pick and why I was released. When Joe Burrow says what he says, the comment should be in reaction from Duke Toobin about the organization. It's just that stuff should not be on the plate. And it's the one part of me that leads me to feel sorry. As much as you can feel sorry for an NFL head coach making a nice paycheck, but it makes me feel sorry for Zach that he is forced into being the face and representative in answering all of those questions. It is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this, So is that like explicitly stated before they hire a head coach, which you.
Speaker 2: Know it is understood.
Speaker 4: Is it okay? Is it stated or is it just along the way.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. And consider this. Zach Taylor is required by the NFL to speak three times a week Sunday after the game, Monday afternoon and Wednesday afternoon required three times a week. This organization speaks three times in a calendar year. They speak with Duke at the Senior Bowl, they speak at the Combine, and they speak on media Day to open up training camp.
Speaker 4: Three times.
Speaker 2: The organization speaks about what they're doing and why they're doing it, while the coach is forced to do it three times a week by the league. It's just it's not fair and it's not right.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, and this is the only organization that operates this way correct.
Speaker 4: And look, I.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't want Jerry Jones would be the extreme because Jerry's out there answering every question, holds a news conference after every game. I go back to what you said a couple of weeks ago. I'd forgotten about Bill Polly and actually actually doing a weekly radio show when you were playing, where he would take calls from people and he would answer questions about why the organization does things.
Speaker 4: Just I just do.
Speaker 3: I just feel like out of care and respect for your head coach. Yes, you should not want him to have to be burned with all the other stuff that he already is burdened by.
Speaker 2: That is a fantastic point that that may be if you.
Speaker 4: It just I don't care.
Speaker 2: It just it drives me crazy, and I go back to Trags wrote this in his piece for CLNS Sincy, and Zach uses that line that really bothers me when he talks about when things are going poorly and he says we're all accountable for that, and yet they're not because is Trags wrote in the piece, there are no consequences for failure. There are none, there's no consequences for failure, and yet Zach will continually say we're all accountable to that and for that, well, I don't even know what that means, because nobody's ever held accountable for anything. I mean, you have the the those making the decision who aren't accountable because they tell the coach to go explain it to everybody. I just I don't know. I don't know. And here we are at four and ten. Take a time out and continue. Let's get into the defensive side of things and more on what transpired on Sunday.
Speaker 4: It is six forty eight.
Speaker 2: It's the Roundtable Show Long nex in Wider presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW close it in on seven o'clock. We're rolling tonight. Chad Brendall, the barricat journal checks in at seven. Lance McAllister rockey boyman. I assume the kids are fired up, ready for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they're fired up.
Speaker 2: Their last day of school is today. Now do you like Christmas morning? Is there a set time? This is what I ran into. This is why I'm asking because when Casey and Peyton were little, it was whenever they got up Christmas began, and that could be like six to fifteen in the morning. I will say I miss the I will always maintain I missed the pitter patter of their feet, hearing them run down the hallway Christmas morning into our bedroom. But if it was six fifteen, that's when Christmas started. As they've gotten older, we've had to negotiate with the time for Casey to actually get up, because if it were up to him, he's looks all about noon and Christmas would start around twelve thirty. So we've gone through that that change of Christmas dud. Do you have a set parameter when they are up?
Speaker 3: You go, No, with a seven and a five year old, it is whenever they wake up, which is I gotta say they've they've not gotten up at you know, five thirty six in the morning, you know, seven, seven thirty.
Speaker 2: I assume you've learned that there'll be no assembling of toys the night before. You either buy them assembled or you don't buy them. Or are you one who likes to assemble toys?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I mean I don't mind it, but yeah, I usually do it, Yeah, after the gift has opened.
Speaker 4: Unless yeah, I'd say all right, do it afterward.
Speaker 2: Let's do a couple of things before the top of the air. Let's do the injury report Postman Law. Injury report delivered by Postman Law Injured Postman delivereds We'll go with T. Higgins, who was still in can cushion protocol and is while that listed is doubtful, I would think it would be doubtful that he would play. On Sunday, we review last week's defensive play of the game. Brought to you Buy a Connor at Johnny and Levy Attorneys. You know attorneys you trust. Visit oh a L Dash Law dot com.
Speaker 4: I think it is.
Speaker 2: Safe to say the biggest progress this show has made from week one to now is my mastering of that car.
Speaker 4: It just rolls off the top. I mean, at one point Phyllis had to hold you a Q car.
Speaker 2: That's how bad it got.
Speaker 4: Yes, but here we are.
Speaker 2: Like the first four weeks, I was a mess, and then for like week five it was clearly in my head. And then by week six Phyllis just felt so sorry for me. She just stood up in the middle of the show and held up a card for me to read.
Speaker 3: You know you're getting good at this. You may have a future in this talk radio thing man.
Speaker 2: By the way, thanks to Frand and Phillis. Fran and his lovely wife Phyllis were very kind of giving us little Christmas goodie back.
Speaker 4: Wait, this was this minor ours, It says.
Speaker 2: Rocky, so I assume it's you were I put mine in my back.
Speaker 4: Chocolate.
Speaker 2: Very nice. That was very nice.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Guys, thank you, and it's good to have Mike Mills here. One of the stars in our photo that we took last week that Fran you know, was it may have been the best picture Frans taken because the flash was working and it was perfectly framed.
Speaker 4: He's gotten better as the season's gone on.
Speaker 2: Strike progress me, Frian, progress, Absolutely, I had something else. Oh, let me do what we're doing.
Speaker 4: I told you this is gonna be one of those shows.
Speaker 2: Let's review. All of this will get me going. Let's review last week's drive of the game, brought to you by Driveway Dumpsters and Cincinnati Black and Yellow does mean trash. Visit d Dumpsters dot com. Rock helped me here. The Bengals are down seventeen to nothing last week, and if you were ever wondering about their desire to just go home, they were down seventeen and managed to go on a sixteen play drive covering eighty five yards that consumed eight minutes off the clock. They didn't score any points, but I'm watching and they're huddling up, and there's forty seconds ticking off the clock from one.
Speaker 4: Play to the next.
Speaker 2: They were down by three scores and they just they took eight I've never heard of a team down three scores going on a sixteen play eight minute drive just taking their time as though they just wanted to get things over with and go home.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing is, you know, it takes as a longer amount of plays, but there wasn't the urgency in between play.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's get up on the line.
Speaker 3: I know they have a no huddle offense where they communicate the enhand signal.
Speaker 4: And all that, but let's huddle walk to the line. What do you think? I agree.
Speaker 3: I think they were like, you know what, this just flat ain't happening today. Let's get out. I mean, the last half a quarter of the game was you know, just and see.
Speaker 4: That's why, really, I.
Speaker 2: Go back to what I said earlier, of all the things that happened. And you can debate Zach, you can debate Joe. I don't think there's been nearly enough like spotlight shining white hot light on. Would somebody like to explain how, with the season on the line, playing at home, that team turned in that performance, Because I guarantee you that performance, especially driven by an offensive minded coach whose team scored collectively zero points, that performance would have gotten somebody fired in thirty one other NFL cities.
Speaker 4: I have no doubt in my.
Speaker 3: Mind, especially considering there's been other multiple examples of where the team has not looked good or not played well. It wasn't like this was just some fluke right out of the blue sort of situation.
Speaker 4: No, that we've seen this kind of before. This was just the culmination.
Speaker 2: Fourth time losing by at least twenty two points in a game this year, and we certainly remember the stretch that's hard in the NFL. It absolutely the NFL is is competitive that these days right now in terms of merging of victory as it's been maybe ever in The Bengals have lost four times by twenty two points and went through a three week stretch with Jake Browning where they simply weren't competitive. They didn't even look like an NFL team. And yet not only does nothing happen now, nothing's gonna happen going into the offseason. That's the thing that leaves fans just and friend just wanting to.
Speaker 4: Pull their hair out.
Speaker 3: It's I mean, fans are feeling the same thing Joe Burrow did. I think last week.
Speaker 2: That's a great way put it's, you.
Speaker 3: Know, is the realization that this isn't just all of a sudden gonna change and be different next year. It's it's gonna be the same thing, same characters, same cast, same people leading it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention I read the card. For the defensive play of the game, I'll go with Jordan Battle, who came up with the interception, his fourth of the season. Quick thought on the defense Dan the hour, I ask Trags about Shamar Stewart. I think it's rather important is gonna play. I think these next three games, in terms of anybody on this roster, they may be no more important than it for anybody but him in terms of needing to do something for him to feel good, needing to do something for the coaches to feel good going into the off season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or else.
Speaker 3: I mean, he is in a bunch of drafts of of you know where they haven't turned out.
Speaker 4: Well, this would be the bust of all busts, and it is.
Speaker 3: I think it is just patently incomprehensible how a guy that big and that fast, with that kind of skill set can't get at least even more tackles. There's got to be some something he has to show here in these last three games.
Speaker 2: All right, that's one hour in the books. That was fun, that was spirited. Let's go into the seven o'clock hour with Chad Brendle of Bearcat Journal. We've got a story about the gecko later on in the seven o'clock hour. I cannot wait. He's rocky. I'm Lance. Cincinnati Text Resolution powered by Tope Shodon Round Table Show Long Necks in Wilder presented by.
Speaker 4: Postman Law right here on seven hundred wil.
Speaker 1: This gives the Cincinnati tex Resolution poured by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show from Longnecks presented by post Law Rush part by on the East and Onto East Power Equipment Dealer Skyline Chilly feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured called eight four to four Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope scholdon five one three five one three t oph on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we go our number two unfolding from long Next Lance pc Allister, Rocky Boyman. We take it till eight tonight. The West Miller Show will follow. At that point, let's talk some uce football, squeeze in some basketball as well. Next up the Liberty Bowl versus Navy in Memphis on Friday, January second. For more on that and all things UCE athletics, is welcome in from Bearcat Journal dot com. Chad Barndel.
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 13: Well. I missed the mark. I'm letting my dogs out by I think thirty seconds.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, mess out.
Speaker 13: It was not raining when I walked in, because I was coming home from filling in from O and I waited thirty seconds and I went to let them out, and it's now pouring down rain here in Independence, Kentucky. So the dogs took one step outside, turned around, looked at me and said, no, thank you sir.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's start with as much as we've talked about departures in the portal, let's talk about the news of significance today, the retention of three offensive linemen who are gonna run it back, and good news for the Bearcats. Detail who's returning and how significant that is.
Speaker 13: Well, it's probably gonna be the entire left side of your line. You're gonna have Jokob, who was one of the highest ranked transfers in the portal, had a very good first year at Cincinnati. He's coming back. Evan Tengestahl, who has in many regards, been named an All American second third team All American for his first season as a starter at left guard, and then Taran TiO, who played right guard this year. My anticipation is that Tyo will move to center next year. So left guard, left tackle and center coming back for next year. That certainly raises your floor. If you're looking at you know, what is this team? What is the next iteration of Scott Saderfield football look like? At Cincinnati? Having those three guys back, Boy, you can sell a portal quarterback on that big time. Hey, you're going to be protected. You can sell running backs in the portal on it. You can sell running back that you have on your robster that you'd like to keep. Hey, you know, we've got the line coming back. So it's a big first step in stabilizing the roster for twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Speaking of quarterback, the Bearcats couldn't find him easily four million dollars apparently to keep Brandon swersby. So that means I guess Lichtenberg and more are the options. Who do you think starts this bowl game? And then what do you think happens? Are either of those two guys or more in the mix for next season?
Speaker 13: Well, Brady Lichtenberg actually his freshman year at UC was nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 4: He's been there a little while.
Speaker 13: Yes, so this is this is it for Lickti his last who Rah? I do anticipate that he will start in the bowl game. Samas Jones is a red shirt freshman. He will play at some point in time. I'm in Memphis on the third or on the second, excuse me, and then I think he will. He'll be around to compete for the job. They're gonna They've got Brooks Goodman coming in as a freshman who they really like a lot, but true freshman, you're gonna have to hit the portal for one starting level quarterback, and you might have to hit the portal for potentially a backup guy just to get that room back up to size because that's you know, you need four five quarterbacks in that room, and right now it's gonna be sam Os Jones and a freshman, so gonna have to bulk up that room in the portal for sure. And by the way, Rock four million is a very low ball number on what Brandon Stores is going to get. I've I've heard five north of five at times.
Speaker 4: Wow, oh pays to be a quarterback.
Speaker 2: I realize Navy doesn't exactly sling it around the field. I think they average fourteen passes a game, but that the current status of the UC secondary appears rather sparse, does it not.
Speaker 13: I think Heagan is suiting up tomorrow.
Speaker 6: It's safety.
Speaker 13: It's gonna be ugly, but I'm gonna be there, you know, at eleven o'clock to watch. Yeah, they're they're gonna be relying, and honestly, I don't hate it because you're gonna need a lot of these freshmen and red shirt freshmen to show growth and you're gonna at least through these Bowl practices. And even though Navy doesn't throw the ball a ton, they throw it more than a standard triple option team this year. Usually triple option teams will throw four times, yeah, in a game, and they throw fourteen, So I mean break out the air raid. But you're gonna need to see what you've got in some of these guys and to see if you can throw them in there, put their feet to the fire and see if they can hold their own. Because you know, if we're at that point right, a lot of people are worried. We haven't seen anything from the high school guys. It's a developmental program. You don't see a lot of freshmen and red shirt freshmen on the field. But now these guys are getting into the second third year in the program. You're gonna need to find out what you got. If the guys that you know really the only one I think they really would have liked to keep with Christian Harrison. I'm sure they would have been okay if Takuan Sanks would have stayed around, But I don't think they were going to overpay at that spot because you already have Antoine Pete there. So let's find out what we got. Let's see throw these guys' feet to the fire and see how they hold up against you know, a Navy team that's gonna be physical, get down in the box, make some tackles. Boys.
Speaker 2: Gotta ask you a basketball question. James has clearly been through a lot. He had a nice moment last night. I was happy for him last night. He was smiling last night. Give me a big picture observation of this situation, and what do you make of it?
Speaker 13: Is it what I would have done bringing him back this early from the situation he went through?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 13: Probably not. Is it what I would have done if I had a multimillion dollar a year job on the line and had my leading scorer from a year ago at practice but not on the floor for games.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Probably. And that's not to excuse Wes Miller. That's just reality of the situation. There's not a whole lot of multimillion dollars a year jobs out there. If you've got one of them, I imagine you're you're gonna do whatever you can to try to keep it. That's where kind of this falls for me. He thought Gigzle could help him, and there's other things. Obviously. You could see his teammates were really happy to have Gizzle back yesterday, laughing, smiling on the bench, having a good time, enjoying him coming back and playing well. The injuries are mounting up. Like I get some of the stuff that WEX talked about in the post game, but for me, let's be honest here. They need wins. They were six and four. Yeah, times running out and there is no next year if they don't get this thing figured out. So putting Jills James back on the floor. I get it from a coaches standpoint, just want to make sure it ends up being the right thing by the kid. Yes, and at least the early returns are good.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 2: Like going on a portal the bowl game basketball, you are all over at Bearcat Journal dot com. Give listeners a taste of things they will find.
Speaker 6: Everything.
Speaker 13: A tracker of who's going in the portal, a tracker of who they're potentially looking at coming out of the portal. We're tracking coaching changes and staff changes on the football side, We're tracking who's available and who's not for each individual basketball game. At this point, there is a lot going on, and the Bearcat Journal team, as you covered for all things Bearcats and what has been as busy in November and December as I can ever remember, sands a coaching change.
Speaker 2: No better time to turn to Bearcat Journal dot com and that's why we love having you on.
Speaker 13: Thank you, sir, appreciate you guys. You all have a great Christmas. I don't know what the plan is for next week, but let me know.
Speaker 2: We will let you know. Thanks sir, Christmas. There you go, Chad Brendall, Bearcat Journal dot Com. When we continue a little bit on what Joe Burrow said yesterday, we'll react to that. Take a look at the Miami Dolphins review, the AFC North and more.
Speaker 4: He's Rocky, I'm Lance. Thanks for being here with us tonight.
Speaker 2: The Roundtable Show brought to you in part by ever Dry Waterproofing. It's not dry till it's ever dry. In Miami University, where today's students become tomorrow's leaders. Visit Miami Oh Dot e du. We're at Longnecks in Wilder. The Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon round Table Show presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW seven one seven hundred WLW. The Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. We're at Longnexsi and Wilder presented by Postman Law. Back at it next week on Tuesday, because of the holidays, Tuesday. Here at Long Next let's cover the AMC North brought to you by brand Stutders gangarroof your hometown roofing, guttering and signing experts covering Cincinnati homes for over twenty five years. Visit gokanga dot net. They hop to it. The eight and six Stealers are at the eight and six Lions in a big one this weekend. The Browns meanwhile three and e eleven home to those ten and four Bills, and the Ravens are hosting the eleven and three Patriots. As far as our first look at the oponent this weekend or game day preview, brought to you by Game Day Men's Health, get back in the game today at Game Day Men's Health. The Miami Dolphins, the opposition they have benched two of this week, quin yours will get the start. Mike McDaniel, perhaps coaching for his job at the Bengals, going to Miami where they go from ten degrees at kickoff last week to it's going to be about seventy eight degrees at kickoff on Sunday, slight difference in temperature when the Bengals and Dolphins hook up come Sunday. Joe Burrows spoke yesterday. And when Joe speaks, he's very He's very reflective, very thoughtful. Joe doesn't say things just to say things. And when Joe talks, people listen. So let's listen to a couple of things he said yesterday. First, Joe talking about with three games left, that much discussed, should Joe play. Here's what Joe said.
Speaker 14: Feels like everybody's trying to do everything in their power to make me not play football, and I feel like.
Speaker 10: I'm fighting it, like fighting everybody else. I just want to play. I just want to play ball. That's all I want to do.
Speaker 3: Speculation after last week, just in general about your comments last week, how much do you love playing a lot?
Speaker 6: Every year?
Speaker 10: Ever?
Speaker 4: Thought about?
Speaker 14: Not we think about it, but you think about a lot of different things and in your life, just like everybody does.
Speaker 10: You think about all different possibilities that could happen. I'm gonna be playing for a long time.
Speaker 14: I expect to play for a long time, and expect to play well and consistently great for a long time.
Speaker 8: Is anybody in the building trying to get you to not play?
Speaker 10: No? What's it like.
Speaker 8: Here and your fans? You'd like to phtograph we'd like at.
Speaker 2: Joe, how frustrating is it to hear that given all the work that you put in, I mean, is your reaction with people kind of say stuff like that.
Speaker 14: Obviously, fans are going to have their opinions about what their favorite teams should or shouldn't do.
Speaker 10: That's what makes the sport great.
Speaker 14: That's why revenues are so high, and that's why we get paid so much, because fans care a lot about.
Speaker 10: What we do and who we are and all things that come with that. So that's part of it.
Speaker 14: That's something that you have to number one, embrace. Number two take with a grain of salt a lot. This comes with the territory.
Speaker 2: Are we cool with Joe playing the final three games?
Speaker 3: Yes, because you know, if he's healthy, which he is, he absolutely should. I we live in the day and age of in the NBA. There's load management, right, which I.
Speaker 4: Think is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: You know, at the end of the day, this is a game for fans and they pay money to see star players and I can't.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't watch the NBA or go to games, but I feel like I'd be upset to to holy hell if I went and they're being guys just didn't play.
Speaker 4: So I think Joe Burrow should play.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm glad you said that because I've been looking at this is perfect on January. I think it's January the second the Pacers play the San Antonio Spurs and Victor Webbin Yamba, the big guy, the freak, and I will to see Victor Weben Yama, and Casey wants to see him. And I thought, and I've been tracking tickets at Gamebridge Fieldhouse to go to the game, but I thought it would be our luck. We'd buy tickets to this game and Victor would not play in that game. And we had an experienced a couple of years ago where we wanted to see Steph Curry play, and we bought tickets, and we drove to Indianapolis and we were standing in line to get in with our tickets about to be checked by the usher, and I looked on Twitter and I saw a note from the Golden State Warriors beat writer and he said Steph Curry will not play tonight, He'll rest. And it just forever changed how I look at buying tickets in advance of anything based on variables like that, and I just I don't have a guarantee. Victor Wemben Yama is gonna play on January the second, so I'm not gonna buy tickets and drive over.
Speaker 4: And You're not the only one that looks at that way.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's killing the NBA, especially back in an era when in the NBA hey day, back when I was younger and watching it.
Speaker 4: Guy's played because that's what you do.
Speaker 3: If you're a football player and you're healthy, you should play football.
Speaker 2: Very well said. Here is Joe reacting to the thought, the sense that there will not be changes in this organization structurally this off season. Here's QB one.
Speaker 10: I think we have great coaches.
Speaker 14: I think we're consistently putting good positions to make plays and do our best. Obviously, there's good games in bad games, just like players have good games in bad games. Because I have a lot of confidence and everybody that's putting together the plans for us weekend and week out, that's time to say that changes don't need to be made. Not saying personnel or people. I'm just saying, you know, what we've been doing hasn't worked the last couple of years, so you know, we have to think outside the box to creative about where we go from here.
Speaker 2: I think that's a very interesting final part of that statement. It's clear it hasn't worked and we need to be think out of the box and do things differently. Are they willing to do that as an organization? Well, Joe Burrow has always.
Speaker 3: Been pretty savvy about, you know, getting his point across to the right ears in a press conference, which is what you want out of your quarterback. You want somebody that has the savvy to be able to do that and the message has been transferred.
Speaker 4: Will anybody listen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess prior examples would tell you no.
Speaker 2: Very well said. Again, here's one more from Joe. This is Joe Burrow being asked about voicing his opinion on potential changes.
Speaker 8: Have you voiced your opinion to them? Cront office?
Speaker 10: We have constant communication, a lot of conversations. A pretty vague question.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 8: You can be a specific.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know you guys, I know I can.
Speaker 14: There's always conversations being had about different perspectives about what's happening and what's going on that are being shared with the big changes.
Speaker 13: Would you expect them to them talk to.
Speaker 10: You about them?
Speaker 14: If they were having conversations about that, about big potential changes, head coach, director, play friends, stuff like that. I appreciate being informed those decisions that are being made. That's not to say that I need to be involved in the decision making processes, but I enjoy being kept up to date about thought processes and.
Speaker 10: Decision making trees.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow, I very much enjoy listening to him because he's very he you can tell he's thinking as he's saying it. It's very thoughtful. It's not off the cuff, and he's trying to find the right word. And and he's somebody who does not say something just to say something. He says something message absolutely.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Here's one more. This is a line of questioning from Paul Dayer Junior to Joe Burrow yesterday. Take a listen. Is there, ever, is there any world in your mind when you're not a quarterback with the Fangals next year.
Speaker 13: I couldn't.
Speaker 10: I couldn't. I can't see that now.
Speaker 11: I didn't ever both thought about the possibility of not being the quarterback here during your career or.
Speaker 10: Do you think about a lot of things?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, you think about a lot of things. You do. By the way, if you're wondering that rather annoying click, that's everybody on their laptops. There's a mic. At least they have added a mic this year. You can hear the questions. The downside to having the mic there that closes you hear everybody typing? Is the beat right?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: So under It's the give and take of all of it. So click andy clack, clickity click Still ahead college football playoffs to get to the Heisman. Your vote revealed, your ballot revealed, My ballot revealed, and a lot more. He's Rocky, I'm Lance. Roundtable Show, Long nexs in Wilder, presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW seven thirty seven seven hundred WLW or at Long Necks in Wilder, where Selah is taking care of us. She always does. She's our favorite. We love having her as our server, and we love hanging out at Long Nex in Wilder. We're here for the rest of the run two more weeks after this next Tuesday night three hours six to nine here on Tuesday, Long Next than Water, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in prop by Hogsworth Blood Centers, Hocksport donor save lives close to home. Who will you save? Let's do a little oh oh before college football. I have a high school state championship game moment I need to tell you about. I talked about it earlier in the week. This happened in Louisiana on Friday night, all losing a state championship game.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Team is up one, there's thirty five seconds left. They have the ball first down. They're gonna kneel it out. They're just gonna take these and end the game. On first down, they kneel it. The offensive lineman in celebration and expectation the clock is just gonna run out, takes his helmet off, throws it up in the air and celebration. Flag unsportsmanlike conduct for removal of the helmet that stops the clock. That allows the other team to not have to burn their time out. So then they take the timeout on second down to stop the clock. Take the timeout on third down, stop the clock, forcing them to punt. They punt its blocked team recovers, throws one pass down to like the twenty seven yard line, and kicks a game winning field goal.
Speaker 4: I showed my wife clip and horrifying.
Speaker 3: Oh, because one hand you're just so mad at the kid, and the other hand you're like crush for him because his whole life, he's.
Speaker 4: Gonna think about that moment.
Speaker 3: I thought in that moment, it was like, I forget if they had timeouts left or whatever, and you don't want to call a timeout. But it's almost like worth the coach saying, all right, guys, we're gonna win the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no one, you know, no, panic, don't.
Speaker 3: Panic, don't mf somebody, don't take your helmet off.
Speaker 4: We're ahead. Let's just calmly go when the time.
Speaker 2: And the other the other aspect, I get kind of complicated if I explained it.
Speaker 4: But the the the.
Speaker 2: Game winning field goal was kicked by the kid who a minute earlier in the game had missed the point after that would have tied the game. That's why they were or yeah, uh no, I further confused that scratch that. It gets really complicated and I shouldn't have tried to explain it. Okay, but yeah, they they had missed it earlier. Yeah, he had missed an earlier kick, and that was the different game at that point, and oh throws the helmet in celebration, just thinks the clock's going to take the zero and they're going to go home. And and in fact, I well you saw the same video. Some of the players were turning and celebrating with the fans in the stands in high five. But I'm thinking they'd won the game and the yellow flag comes out.
Speaker 4: Do you remember this? This is why do I remember this?
Speaker 3: But this two thousand and two Cleveland Browns first or second game of the year.
Speaker 2: Yes, Barrett, Barrett Rudd or what was his name? I know who, Yes, Derrick Rudd. I think it's Barrett. I know who you're talking Derrick Rudd.
Speaker 3: Like you know helmet, like say, the same thing, thinks to win the game, Helmet tosses right, game, can't stop on a defensive penalty, Ye, so and so gets the ball.
Speaker 4: Back, same sort of scenario.
Speaker 3: And I remember that because we played the Browns the next week and Jeff Fisher put that on the film to talk about that. He said the Browns are a helmet toss away from being three and ozer or whatever. But yeah, anyway, Dwayne.
Speaker 4: Rudd out of Dwayne Rudder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, all right.
Speaker 4: Heisman.
Speaker 2: Heisman is official for Nando Mendoza becomes the first Indiana Hoosier to ever win the Heisman Trophy. We were again this year with a chance to vote in the process. It's an online process. You enter your first place, second place, third place submit, not allowed to talk about it till after it's done. I will give you my final ballot and then you give me yours if you're ready.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: In third place, I voted Jeremiah Love, running back Notre Dame. Fantastic season carried a lot of responsibility and weight of that season with what he did as the running back. And two, I took Diego Diego Pavia, who lifted an elevated Vanderbilt to place as they'd never gone before. He was dynamic throwing the football, he was dynamic running the football, rush for over eight hundred yards total, thirty plus touchdowns on the air and on the ground. And at number one, I voted for Fernando Mendoza, Indiana Hoosiers talking about taking a team where they hadn't gone and turned in a magical season.
Speaker 4: He had moments.
Speaker 2: He had the Penn State throw with some help catch in the back of the end zone, made a couple of spectacular throws in the Big Ten championship game, I went Mendoza one, Pavia two, loved three, and I didn't. You don't vote for a fourth, But I had Julian saying fourth if I would have been asked, how did your ballot? In turn look for the Heisman?
Speaker 3: But by the way, am I not to say this. I always vote before the championship games because I.
Speaker 4: Don't want I don't want interesting.
Speaker 3: I don't want one game to sway my because I think you could make an argument, not from your case, but for Mendoza.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he did have a couple of great throws in that game.
Speaker 2: I can understand. That's part of the process. To is the recency bias of it. It's an extra game that some other guys don't get. How much do you weigh at it? Yeah, that's that's fair anyway. No, I'm very worthy.
Speaker 3: So I went number three Mendoza because I just didn't think he had I'm not a stats guy, but I think you had massive number, not massive numbers. Number two Pavia because I thought he was such a great story and unconventional, and I got to see him when.
Speaker 4: He played for New Mexico State.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget being in Jerry Kill's office is in twenty twenty three, week zero, and he's like, yeah, I got this quarterback. He saves Diego Poppy. He's from such and such junior college. He was a great high school wrestler. And then the kid walks in the room and he's like five foot eleven and you're like, what is this?
Speaker 4: And he was. He was awesome, right, just he just found a way to do it.
Speaker 3: And then I had a privilege of calling Vanderbilt again this year and by that time he was fantastic.
Speaker 4: So loved him.
Speaker 2: So what you're telling me at number one, Yes, you're just being a good homer.
Speaker 4: No, I thought, in a year where.
Speaker 3: There wasn't a that dominant five, you know whatever, the top top quarterback guy, I thought, Jeremiah loves performance.
Speaker 4: And you talk about being the MVP of a team.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was definitely the MVP of a really, really good Notre Dame team. That's why I and I took a lot of heat. Imagine this from Ohio State fans.
Speaker 2: And why do you have to say and fourth, Well, I could only pick three guys, and it's no disrespect to justin saying and or Julian saying, and I'm not the type who who penalizes somebody because of either system or weapons. But let's be honest. He I mean his wide receiver weapons helped elevate him as well. And I don't I mean, that's not I just I default to I had three spots, and I just thought the other three were better than Julian saying. That doesn't mean I don't like Julian saying.
Speaker 3: So there the fact that you have to justify that says something about some Ohio State fan.
Speaker 4: I'll leave it at that. There you go.
Speaker 2: By the way, there were six different regions of the country that vote, and the voting is added up by in each region, and every five of the six regions went Mendoza Pavia, Love saying five of the six had.
Speaker 3: A region went Love, Pavia.
Speaker 2: I do not see that one. I see the Southwest where saying was bumped down to fifth because Jacob Rodriguez of Texas Tech, the linebacker, moved up to fourth in that region. Rodriguez got seventeen first place votes and finished fifth overall. So there you go. It's always an honor for us, and I always I always enjoy because I don't want to It's not that I don't want to be like everyone else, but I'm always curious, like, am I gonna wind up close to what the consensus is? Or am I going to be the outlier? And then if I'm the outlier, did I screw it up? Or is it too easy to go with the flow?
Speaker 4: And you don't want to be the outlier.
Speaker 2: Just to be the outlier, you want to send people jelly bye they find out ham are you yes? The college football playoffs start this weekend. We'll make that part of by the way, hold on here, I'm looking through all my notes and I want to make sure. Let's go ahead and make this the Kelsey Chevrolet College Football Weekend preview. While I'm thinking about it, and we love the guys Kelsey Chevrolet dot Com and tell Walton the guys and Bay and Paul Kluxton and Mike and the gang has said hi when you stop by Kelsey Chevrolet. Playoffs get going this weekend, you know, And this isn't really a topic other than an observation. I've always been fascinated rock just because I like numbers of Since the college football playoffs started, there have been eleven editions of this and Traditionally, the games aren't close, and it's always odd to me that the committee's job is to select the best teams and then pin them against each other, and yet the margins of victory are rarely close.
Speaker 4: In fact, I keep track of this.
Speaker 2: There have been forty one college football playoff games over eleven seasons, the twenty two semi final games. The average margin of victory in those games has been seventeen points. There have been eleven national Of the last eleven national championship games, the average margin of victory is just over nineteen points, which is odd me because you would think this process would would get us test and narrow it down to the best playing the best. And yet you know last year's title game the Hio State Dame Ohio State Notre Dame was eleven. Michigan the year before won by twenty one over Washington. Georgia BATTCU by fifty eight. Georgia beat Bamba by fifteen, Bamba beat Ohio State by twenty eight. LSU beat Clemson by seventeen. Championship game, semi finals, And of the course of these eleven years, there have been margins of victory of fifty eight thirty nine thirty eight, thirty five, thirty one, twenty eight, twenty eight. And it's just it's odd to me that it hasn't the system hasn't produced better games, and I don't I don't have an explanation for that. I just find it curious.
Speaker 4: Can I project this? Yes, maybe starting this year that that trend will die off and it'll.
Speaker 3: Be closer because because of the portal, there's less dominant team tams. Like you go about four years ago, some of those Georgia Alabama teams. Yes, they were the best because they had great depth. Well, now teams don't have depth because the fifth or the sixth offensive lineman on Georgia goes and plays somewhere else.
Speaker 4: So maybe that'll that'll die.
Speaker 2: If you're wondering the spreads for the opening round, Oregon is a twenty one point favorite over James Madison, Ole Miss seventeen and a half points over Tulane. Oklahoma is a one point favorite over Bama and Texas A and m a three point favorite over Miami. So there you go. What do you say we head down the stretch and talk about the get go? Can we do that? He's rocky, I'm like, it's the Roundtable Show, Long Necks in Wilder seven hundred WLW al right down the stretch we go. Final segment about to go in the books from Long Necks in Wilder, Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. It's presented by Postman Law and brought to you in part by our friends at Miami University, where today's students become tomorrow's leaders. Visit Miami O H dot E d U. All Right, tell me the story of the gecko.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's start from the beginning here though, So besides me and Kelly and are three boys. We also have Elvis the Golden Retriever, who just turned sixteen. We have Ryan Know the Golden Retriever, who we think is like six or seven, but we're not sure, okay. And then we recently added Chase the Gecko. His full name is Jamar Chase the Gecko. Okay, Cass what Bronson?
Speaker 4: It was his thing?
Speaker 3: Which and by the way, geckos are very expensive. Apparently you got to know a guy. Oh, my mother in law knows a guy. All right, So got the got the gecko, and you know it's got this little quair ramage. I'd say, it's you know whatever, you know, two feet by three foot, you know, nice little size thing.
Speaker 4: Oh, I thought you were saying the gecko, that's a large dragon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it got this acquirer and the gecko's act is actually really cool, you know, and and it just kind of you know, you put it on your hand and it around your arm and just kind of stayed. I thought it would have been all and skittish and jumping around stuff.
Speaker 2: So is it gecko a salamander I mean? Or or is it from the gender?
Speaker 3: I'm kidding, it's I think so right, it looks like salamander ish. So we got this, like, you know whatever, five six months ago, and my wife, as far as one it takes care of it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: Anyway, now let's go about three weeks ago. There was another addition into the Boyman family, and that is a kitten whose legal name is Coco, but we call her Miss Kitty.
Speaker 4: That was named by me.
Speaker 3: So Miss Kitty is a great cat. But I'm not a cat guy, but this is a great little cat.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: So anyway, so, I you know, get I'm always usually the first one to get up, and I walk in the in the living room there and you know, I'm kind of looking around for the cat and stuff. Anyway, I look over at the uh the aquarium where Chase is kept, and the door is open.
Speaker 4: Uh oh, And I say, oh no, So I, you know.
Speaker 3: Take the light and I look in there, looking there on the little plastic trees and the little you know, the little water dishes and stuff. There is no Chase gecko gone. So you know, Kelly gets up and you know then you know she's looking around for it. The kids are freaking out if we can't find Chase the gecko.
Speaker 4: But we think we know what happened. That is, you know, something opened that door and it was miss Kitty, So.
Speaker 3: Looked around for it. We're looking in crevices of chairs. At this point, this is like a This is no longer like a search and rescue.
Speaker 4: It's just a like a.
Speaker 3: We're trying for a recovery situation. We're trying to find the body of the gecko. Didn't find it, you can't find it anything. So looked for a couple of days and we're like, okay, it's gone.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: It's it's very sad. Well, I come home two days ago.
Speaker 3: And my wife's like, you're not gonna believe this. And I was like what, and she shows me the picture. It is a picture of the gecko on the kitchen.
Speaker 4: Floor, like eleven days had gone by, eleven.
Speaker 2: Days surviving, surviving.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't.
Speaker 3: We didn't leave crickets out for it or nothing like. It's just it just somehow lived outside its freezing. It found water, it found food, and he's back.
Speaker 13: Is back.
Speaker 2: Unreal. That is a story that is I'd love to see like a mini go pro audience.
Speaker 4: It just tried to just.
Speaker 3: Watched and I told this story on on the Eddy and Rocky Show, and somebody said that he probably stayed around the refrigerator because there's a warm under the oil, little water and a little bit kind of you know, down some scraps right and found you know, probably maybe found a little spare scrap of dog food or something, or maybe the random dead spider in the corner.
Speaker 2: He lives, He lives, the lives. That is a perfect way to end this show tonight. Also, before I forget that this is our sadly, this is our last gathering as a as a tandem because you're on assignment for the next two weeks. So this officially concludes our run and I say this every year. This is the highlight of the football season for me. I wouldn't want to do it with anybody else. I have great appreciation, and I hope you understand the appreciation I have for the hoops that you go through, the travels you you travel, and the gymnastics of your afternoon show that you go through to do this show.
Speaker 3: It means the world to me. And thank you, well, thank you. You always warm my heart when you say that. But a pleasure is mine and I wouldn't want to work with anybody else doing this.
Speaker 4: I truly enjoy. Yeah, it's not easy getting here and doing all that, but I look forward to it. I really, I honestly do because I get a chance.
Speaker 2: Sending you emails and bugging you with this and that.
Speaker 4: That's it. Now. Always a blast, my friend.
Speaker 2: Have a great Bowl season, and I will be uh, I will be watching sounds right, He's rocky. I'm Lance gotta get out of here. This has been the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show, Long, Next and Wild are presented by Postman Law seven hundred W l W