Speaker 1: The legendary actor didn't go off. It didn't go out. It's fine.
Speaker 2: The legendary actor and comedian Adam Sandler set to take over Grand Christine Arena this Wednesday. Power Trip Morning Shows your last shot at winning your way in the collar number. What do you want to take back? Let's say thirteen thirteen right now, blucky number thirteen. Win's a pair of tickets. Keep listening each weekday through tomorrow.
Speaker 1: For your chance. Went every hour of the Power Trip. That's right, that's pretty cool. Marnie John Bonas John Bonas, Marty Jon morning.
Speaker 3: Hi Marny, what's happening?
Speaker 1: What's happened on.
Speaker 4: Tuesdays at Windy af and cold and gray?
Speaker 1: You said, Wendy over the over the weekend, I saw maybe not even it was a day or two ago. You you posted on social media that the parents through a nineties kind of throwback when you went to high school party and you had to wear what you would wear and you wore a wind breaker. Wind did not stand a chance? No, no, it broke. So you had a peacock vibe like the colors you still have that. Did you? Did you go to good Will? And okay?
Speaker 4: Just checking, No, I shopped my son's closet, the vintage Guru Grady. We both did, Gurdy, No, it's actually Grady.
Speaker 1: So Matt, who Muskie, It doesn't matter. You shopped your son.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we both wore We both went into his not as not a closet that he wears his clothing by the way.
Speaker 1: Hawk shops in Plato's closet.
Speaker 3: That you know what, it's cute, Yeah, okay, hey whatever.
Speaker 1: He had a pair of shoes.
Speaker 4: Matt did from Grady's vintage closet, like Grady resells, you know, from vintage entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: He he looked up. He tried to make the connection.
Speaker 5: He's ticket information, Carl getting somebody's number. It's not like, what's your street going to go over.
Speaker 1: To her house.
Speaker 4: They were Karl Malone. So they were blue and white like kind of Utah jazz colors. It said Jazz on the tongue. It had a thirty two on there and they were size seventeen.
Speaker 1: So they might have actually been Karl Malone's. Not exactly.
Speaker 4: So Sausage just googled it, and this is why Grady had a hard time fighting him. Not exactly that we couldn't find the exact pair. But that's what Matt wore to just kind of give it the extra punch on his.
Speaker 1: Feet, a size seventeen.
Speaker 4: Shoe just for effect. Wow, But he was never able to authenticate it. Those they may have been worn by Karl Malone. They may have been a quick, little uh signature shoe. Anyway, party was fine.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're wearing Kramelone's size seventeens.
Speaker 5: You know what they say about guys that do that, They end up sleeping with thirteen year olds.
Speaker 1: Boom roasted, well played, boom, Well he did not. He slept with a fifty two year old.
Speaker 5: Oh you're talking about mad? I was talking about Caramelone. Who the hell's mad?
Speaker 1: Anyway? Yeah? Windbreaker wind breakers, that was a thing, yep, we all have.
Speaker 4: And we had some weird fashioned A couple of people rolled their jeans, did you guys ever pin pin the jeans tied at the ankle and then roll?
Speaker 1: What were we doing? You're living is what you're doing? What were we doing? I can't be the only one.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't remember. I was too fat to wear the fashionable clothes. Anyway.
Speaker 5: I'm a little older than you, way past that, so I just can I ask you a sensitive question?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: In high school? Did you ever have to shop at Big and Tall? Uh? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I had to buy a suit for something at the Big and Tall and it was uh and you weren't super tall? No, I was real big. That's probably the largest I've ever been. That was bottom three day.
Speaker 1: Of my life. Hideous, hideous. Getting a suit was bottom three. Oh it was terrible. And this is senior year. Yeah year? What was it for a prom or something? Yeah? It pro Yeah? No, homecoming? Homecoming? What ballparking? Ballpark? One ballparking? This what the size?
Speaker 5: No, the waist, I've been gone for ten days. I just want to I just want to hit the The waist was mid forties, that huge bitch.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to hit that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was homecoming. Does did that mean you had a date with a love a gown?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. My personality has no way to issue. Your personality is a thank you. Yeah, my personality is my body's a melted can. Your body is a wonderland.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say how much he weigh, but I'm just gonna say, if he's a lady, I'd asked him out, who was this lovely young lady. Yeah, say it, admit it. You don't remember, oh he remembers.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't look at his face. You don't remember her name. He famously didn't remember his first time.
Speaker 5: I remember my sophomore year homecoming date because she was a gall in the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Her name was Jenny Pearson.
Speaker 5: Plus her dad Alan was really nice. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I don't remember. You don't remember that, man. You guys have so many Oh man, I hope she's listening right now.
Speaker 7: That was me.
Speaker 1: I went out with Paul. Yeah, he wore a suit and tall shop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was who was zipping their pants.
Speaker 1: So junior year homecoming. You don't remember your pa?
Speaker 5: That was my senior year. I don't think I win junior year. I don't really remember. How high were you?
Speaker 1: Probably real high?
Speaker 5: But but any of the dances where you had to be cast by a gal? No shot zero zero? What the hell is that the girl?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no chance. I just planned my Friday night months in advance of that is.
Speaker 8: However, I think a Midwestern only thing. I've never heard of that I grew up in the Midwest. Yeah, he was the Midwest.
Speaker 1: I was real fat.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm returning to that way at least you. I never I never went to Palm. Yeah, I have a homecoming date. Good for you.
Speaker 1: Thanks man. Yeah, man, I just played Bond.
Speaker 5: James the same, the same, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's lonely in ice school. God, I just love those two guys a music each other.
Speaker 3: I don't know Marney hates me.
Speaker 1: Nic Is gone gone. You never say anything mean to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know why say anything. I played sound folks.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, all right, let's do the news.
Speaker 7: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Temp right building contract, I.
Speaker 3: Got moved weird anyway news. Here's Responsible SEC.
Speaker 2: Brought you by the World Juniors coming to town December twenty sixth. That three Marina, the Mariucci and Grand Casino Arena World Junior m N two six dot com.
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Bobby McFerrin just with the sponsor read.
Speaker 1: That was like auctioneering one on one. That was like our guy, show me what you got. Let's let's let's work from there.
Speaker 3: There's a big storm brewing in the Pacific. They could hit these Sierra Mountains with a lot of snow by the end of the week, which means it might be a bumpy land in coming into Vegas. Atmospheric River happening.
Speaker 1: Well, a great name for a band. Yeah, Atmospheric.
Speaker 3: Didn't you die outside of the Johnny Deppone Atmospheric River?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I don't know how to come on man.
Speaker 3: Oh River Phoenix. I get it, Okay, got it, got it. That was That was very That was like thirty years ago but still in appropriate.
Speaker 1: Found out about it a couple of years ago. Yeah, he looked him up. My diad? My did my did?
Speaker 3: Gosh? My mister crack, my did zach?
Speaker 5: If it's the title of the podcast, isn't my dad, you're fired?
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm not firing. I assume somebody's getting fired. It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: You're in line, my dad? My matter of time?
Speaker 1: Did you get fired?
Speaker 5: Ina, Zach?
Speaker 1: My did?
Speaker 7: Did?
Speaker 1: Did? Did they give you a good reason?
Speaker 3: Yeah? There's gotta be some violation, though after hearing them talk like that, I'm not sure they allowed to you fired the show man.
Speaker 1: It's contagious.
Speaker 3: Florida mother won't face charges after a five year old daughter fell overboard on a Disney Cruise ship. Oh the girl fell about fifty feet through a porthole while sitting on the railing for a photo man. Her daddy jumped into save her. Both were rescued by the ship's crew. Official said the mother was negligent but not criminally responsible, all.
Speaker 1: Right, But ultimately did she get a good shot? Yeah she did. Yeah, that's all. If it's for the gram, yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it worked on instat perfect time. Made people jealous back home.
Speaker 3: It may have worked.
Speaker 1: Great story for that kid for the rest of their lives to think about it. I mean, if it was in portrait modes, probably worth it.
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you let your daughter fall overboard?
Speaker 5: My dead?
Speaker 3: What? A suspect is underrest, accused of threatening to shoot up the world's busiest airport. I don't know if you've seen the video on this, but I watched the news story last night. Uh, Atlanta police say, family member of Billy Cagle, who wants it? All right?
Speaker 1: Hang on, Saucage, you do it here with the Cagel joke? Is Paul meet Sauce Lambert? Never mind? Continue I that I don't want.
Speaker 3: I don't want my lady doing Cagle exercises.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 3: It's a different thing. Kegle exercise is one thing I needed to do those ad nauseum.
Speaker 1: Why would she get to see.
Speaker 3: Honey, I love you, but you need to get the word it out. Oh my god, I'm throwing a banana down a hallway.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a mini banana. Anyway, this show's dumb.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you missed it. Yeah, we were so smart while you were. Atlanta police say a family member of Billy Keegole warned them the forty nine year old had threatened to carry out an attack on Hartsfield Jackson International Airport. Acting on that information, at thirty said they were able to locate the suspect's vehicle parked at the airport by the way on the sidewalk and sideways on Monday morning and recovered an AR fifteen rifle inside. There's video of him parking his car just sideways and it was a truck like with a like a workman's bed on the back. He gets out, he walks into the airport and you can tell he's scoping it out. And luckily his family members had called and said he's gonna do something, you better get him. And they found him and they arrested and they prevented thanks, thankfully. Somebody saw something and said something, and it's you know, it's got to be tough to do when it's a member of your family, but it's much much tougher to explain why your family member did something.
Speaker 4: That article this morning and it said they found an air fifteen and twenty seven rounds in Istra.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, and he you know, he had posted somewhere that that's what he was going to do. He was going to shoot up the airport. Ohjeez, Louise yep got on.
Speaker 4: His family for acting on it, because that's not an easy thing to do when you when you want the best for someone and it's a loved one and you want this to not be true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, the greater good is to get out in front of him.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget that documentary about the Inner Bomber and the moment when the when his brother said, I think I might be my brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine.
Speaker 1: Because they posted the manifesto, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, He's like, that's basically sounds like my brother. That's like like if I read it and it said me did or whatever.
Speaker 1: Zach Zach.
Speaker 3: Street Sweeping and many Apolis is starting today. Drivers who park on city streets. Should be on the lookout for temporary new parking signs. Uh, be careful, you'll get towed. Yeah. Yeah. A bald eagle got stuck in the grill of a truck but was rescued by the Department of National Natural Resources while driving along High with fifty nine in Lake Bronson on Sunday here in Minnesota, and eagle became trapped and Cindy Fagel's truck. The eagle's feet were stuck in the grill. About an hour later, an officer arrived and rescued the bird, freeing it from the truck. The officer confirmed the eagle was not injured and was on his way.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, he may have flown off, but there's no way. He was talking in complete sentences when he got back to the master.
Speaker 1: YEP truck.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They said take it easy, man, take it easy. Eagles got it, got it? See what I did there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, an ego anyway there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So there you go. Man, that's your news. Ladies and gentlemen on the Partrip Morning Show. I hope you're feeling informed.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, man, thank you, you're welcome. Oh hell yeah, all right, Sauce, you haven't talked enough sports. That's right, I got a bunch of it. That would be great, did did? We're professional broadcasters, were going the pop morning your returns after this on the fan?
Speaker 3: All right, good morning, everybody, about to get in some sports here. But real quick. For those of you listening on iHeart Radio or maybe you're podcasting us if you live in Florida, it's spider season. Some of the state's most prominent spiders will become more visible over the next several weeks, partly due to the increased mating behaviors in the fall, but also because of Halloween. They love it, Doctor Lisa Taylor. I don't know, man, I just picturing a hottie.
Speaker 1: Pull your hands up, Doctor Lisa Taylor, would hawk sure?
Speaker 3: I got some things I needed to take a look at. Oh three of them?
Speaker 1: What three?
Speaker 3: I'll show you?
Speaker 1: No, please don't. I'll take a damn.
Speaker 3: It tells a new sixth sixth. This time of year, people are thinking about spiders, so they're they're noticing it more and more. They're around all the time. Sub Spiders to be worried of include black widows and brown recluse spiders, although recluses are rare in central and let me say they are reclusive. So if you don't bother them, apparently they won't bother you unless it's the middle of the night and they crawled down your throat. Isn't that the worst?
Speaker 9: Speaking of change? In the name of your autobiography, there goes Brown.
Speaker 3: Recluse would be the name of mine, because I'm I'm all plugged up?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Uh huh, thanks, I believe Let me let me interpret.
Speaker 1: I'm the Power Trip interpreter. I believe you said I'm all plugged up and he did an Elvis impression for all shook up. I think that was the joke. All right, correct? Okay, thank god you're here. You're welcome our loss last week?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah that Oh, there he goes, Are we right for sports.
Speaker 7: Chure man, It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around, your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 5: We'll talk about the Vikings battling the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Next segment.
Speaker 5: That game is at seven to twenty pre game at five right here on this station, but Max Ow and Marny tomorrow night, the Wolves open their season against the Blazers.
Speaker 1: At nine pm.
Speaker 5: That game, once you heard on the fan the Blazers or excuse me, the Wolves are four.
Speaker 1: And a half point favorite. Get to the Timberwolves. I saw that you you hosted a Dunkers event with Rudy Gobert, who's a huge bitch.
Speaker 5: And I don't mean in terms of personality, he's just freakishly large.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Bet when five three stands next to seven to one or seven to two depending on the publication, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Jarring, Hey, Sauce and Hawk. Can I, if I have Sauce's uncle do my taxes?
Speaker 5: Could I write my France my France trip off and just say I was researching Rudy's upbringing for the show, right, Yeah, I had to go to France before the Wolves season to learn more about Rudy's upbringing or his culture.
Speaker 1: Right? Can I get an that's a right off or not? Because my guy is not going to let me write that off. Is your guy gonna let me write that off?
Speaker 3: Absolutely? Listen. I watched Judge Judy, I write that correct, because it's for research for the show.
Speaker 1: Uh, what'd you learn about Rudy that you didn't already know? But he likes donuts. It's called dunkers, But they didn't have donuts. What's the point of dang it? They did have coffee, could have done? Do you wet? Don'tkarouse? In the nineties the decade not to night club of course, right of course.
Speaker 10: Club Yeah, so good though right crushed eventually the m for sure.
Speaker 1: Rudy.
Speaker 4: You know what, I did a Wolves Plus episode with Rudy his first season with the Wolves, and so that was like a forty minute conversation.
Speaker 1: I deep dived.
Speaker 4: So there wasn't a whole lot I didn't know, but I feel like I helped the crowd that was there learned a lot.
Speaker 1: Of things they didn't know. Like Rudy Gobert is a bee keeper. When he was in why wouldn't he be, Yeah, you're top playing with the jazz.
Speaker 4: He I don't know the proper term, got bought, established, built a bee hive and he still has it, operates it, maintains it. I mean, he obviously hires people, but he does it A for the environment and B because he loves honey.
Speaker 1: Do you a good A purist? Because I know one? A good What apiarist? What ape cuist?
Speaker 5: It's an office reference, but it's also then but it does doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I actually I got a great your own show. I think On the Edge will be a great podcast.
Speaker 5: A Honey's nice, I like, honey, what'd you call me?
Speaker 4: I feel like an interesting thing to watch, especially early in the season with the Wolves, will be Rudy because it's like there was an intentional effort to get him the ball on offense.
Speaker 1: Look for him, find him lob dunks, a lot.
Speaker 4: Of that kind of stuff, and we've seen him struggle at times to be able to corral the basketball or just that click that with Anthony Edwards or Mike Conley's been pretty good, but.
Speaker 1: That might be something that changes this year. I'm always nervous about that. Though. This is the old can you teach an old dog new tricks? I'm not saying Rudy can't get better, but I don't know. Turning him into an offensive powerhouse at this point and point in his career I think is a little unrealistic, Yes, but I don't think that different.
Speaker 4: I think it's are we missing something that's right there and in front of our pace. It's not getting the ball and let him make a move and drivel on spin.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. It's can we give him the ball more right next to the rim. Yeah, the opportunities to just lobb it and he just turns and dunks. Yep, No, every time he dribbles the ball, like there's somebody at camp that should just kick him in the nuts, right, like just to train him, don't dribble catching dunk Hi.
Speaker 5: Lu Kane could oh yeah, Dulcinam could, oh yeah, dul sceam, will you'll go fleet Max or your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Hey? Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean I do worry about Rudy and Mike Conley once playoff time comes. But in general, the Wolves didn't They didn't add a whole lot of people, but they didn't. I mean, they lost Ni Kay Alexander Walker, but in general, which obviously is a huge loss, but they got Terrence Shannon Junior, who's going to pick up some of the slacks, some of the young guys that are going to come into the rotation.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited.
Speaker 9: I think the consistency and the continuity is going to be is going to be.
Speaker 1: Something that plays in their favor this season.
Speaker 9: But you just have to hope that each individual guy kind of uped their game over the summertime and because otherwise, I mean, there is no, like significant additions that are going to provide a jolt. But I think the young guys being inserted into the lineup and the continuity will be a huge thing.
Speaker 1: Are we assuming speaking of the Frenchman, Oh Frenchman, the other kid the kids whose name I'm you guys, he's also like a seven foot ye twenty year old French freak that can dunk and jump and stuff. Are we we have no expectations from in year one? Is he going to be like? I don't think he league the whole way? Or what are we doing here? I don't think he's going to get in the lineup.
Speaker 4: To nineteen nineteen. He's very young. I think they have great expectations for him. I don't know that they have great expectations for him this season, but they the word out of camp is very pleasantly pleased with his potential, which is awesome.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think nas Dillingham TSJ and then maybe you know a Jalen Clark would would be kind of like your benchline up.
Speaker 5: You need dilling Ham to take a huge jump, yeah, huge. You need him to be accountable, You need.
Speaker 4: The number one thing that has to happen because Mike Conley just he just tests too many miles. As wonderful a person and player as he is, that's inevitable.
Speaker 1: Do you think, Marnie that they start Dante in place of Mike at some point during the season.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, I bet they're looking at that as an option, and if they limit Mike's minutes, maybe they're trying to get more out of him in terms of length of season.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's got to be top of the list of areas of concern, but that man has been man. The miles he's been able to get out of that body and the production is really.
Speaker 1: It remind me though, wasn't the bit on on Conley last year that early in the year he said he was not one hundred percent and then when he got healthier later in the year, he really turned it on. So he got better as the season went on and has his health improved. So, I mean, I know he's getting older, but the season was what four months ago or so hopefully we see that version of Mike. Yeah, the second half fish this season.
Speaker 9: Guy, it's more, it's more I mean, his offense will it'll, it'll come and go at that age and with his role in the offense. I'm just I think it's the defensive part that is more concerning for the Wolves, because if you think about all these these top tier teams in the West, they all have elite point guards, and Mike Conley tends to be the guy that gets picked on when you're when you're looking at this Wolves lineup, do.
Speaker 5: You think the Bees look at Rudy Gober and go, what the hell is chee? That you're super tall to be taken care of us?
Speaker 3: Is it a walking tree?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is this Lord of the Rings?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: You told me yesterday that he can't find a bee keeper outfit to fit him. So all the ape hearists yeah, ape heurist, no, not ape purest.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's an agent.
Speaker 4: That I get you. I know, what is the over under? I've seen like fifty three and a half.
Speaker 1: I thought the official I thought it was forty eight and a half. That's really well, maybe I saw a prediction of that's pretty lofty. I'm at the internet. That's not true. Well, thank you.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 8: In any case, Oh yeah, I would like to know, like where they are supposed to finish in the Western Conference.
Speaker 4: Okay, see one, Denver two, Minnesota three is the sort of general consensus, okay one.
Speaker 9: I've seen a lot of I've seen a lot of preseason predictions that have the Wolves in the bottom tier, like six or seven.
Speaker 1: DraftKings for the Western Conference. They are fourth thunder one, Nuggets, two, Rockets, three, Wolves four. I'm sure that Houston should be there.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: That'll be fascinating to see because what Kevin Durant just signed two years nine million?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made the most money. Did you see that? Yeah? You passed Lebron. Yeah. Wolves over under on DraftKings is forty eight and a half. I would take the open, I would do Bony.
Speaker 8: Yeah, here's the thing. I probably would take the under, but I hate ruining all season for them to be under. I've done in the last two years and paid off. But I don't like it, so I don't want to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Hawk loves him too much. It's his squad.
Speaker 8: You can as partrait Bess is find of saying you're never gonna go broke betting the under on the Wolves.
Speaker 1: Wow. Watch Yeah.
Speaker 5: The Wild one three to one over the Rangers. The Rangers have scored one goal at home this season in three games. The Blue Jays beat the Mariners four to three to advance to the World Series. They will battle the Dodgers on Friday at seven pm, and the Monday night doubleheader ended with the Lions beating the Bucks twenty four to nine and the Seahawks beating the Texans twenty seven to nineteen.
Speaker 4: That Blue Jays Mariners game was dramatic.
Speaker 1: I mean that is a Game seven legend. Yeah. George Springer hit that.
Speaker 3: Home round he sprung Man Television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was seventh. Yeah, they were down three to one.
Speaker 5: Georgie, George, George the guy from television, Yes, Borus Springer, you.
Speaker 3: Know, the guy who wrote the check for the hooker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was the Mary of Cincinnati. Yeah, oh from TV.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're you're not good with the TV. What Vikings news is next? This is the Power to Wining Show.
Speaker 1: On the Fan.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's a pre game feast this week. Joined Muss at Buffalo Wild Wings Savage this Thursday night as the broadcasts the pregame show Live drop by from five to seven pm as we lead up to the boom between the Vikings and the Chargers with great food, tons of football and your chance to win awesome prizes. Full details of cafegn dot com. Keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: Wow, that sounds like fun. Hey man, there's lean chin out there.
Speaker 1: I'm starving.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Let's see come on, Johnny Bondy up, yeah, man, and.
Speaker 1: Sucy.
Speaker 3: That sounds good, Donna sounds good.
Speaker 1: There's gotta be some oysters.
Speaker 8: I bet you there's some oyster wings, all.
Speaker 4: Cheese puffs because it's and I think it's National Cheese Puff Day and apparently Chin Good invented the cream cheese puffs and spring rolls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I do so.
Speaker 3: Yeah is here, and and Pat Harris our friends is here. He'll be on the next segment. And we will talk to Jonathan Gernard at the bottom of the next hour. Lots to get to on your Power Tip Morning show. You're a Minnesota Vikings Morning Show.
Speaker 1: One two.
Speaker 4: There are eight spring rolls in this one container and there are like fifteen containers.
Speaker 3: One any one please, I will wait until the break like a professional broadcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we do here.
Speaker 3: That's what we do. Man.
Speaker 1: They got fortune cookies out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just don't want to, but it is time for Vikings news.
Speaker 1: He's got a pro star, that's right.
Speaker 5: So since I didn't watch the game because they don't let you do that because of g O Tagan or whatever, right, but I did listen to part of it. I caught a little bit of it on Twitter, followed along, tell me if if I'm missing anything.
Speaker 1: So Wents didn't play that well. The Vikings struggled in the red zone. The Hockinson touchdown was super controversial.
Speaker 5: He's pissed about it, right, he thought it should have been a score.
Speaker 1: I guess there was.
Speaker 5: A play earlier in the game that went the other way for the Eagles, as.
Speaker 1: Basically nailed it. We struggled in the red zone.
Speaker 8: Weird penalty and Darre saw the custom other Brandall Randall, Yeah, I'm sorry. Yeah, And it was a bad It was just a terrible call. Terrible, terrible call. It was not holding.
Speaker 3: And uh again, if you want to look at almost any other catch that is similar to the one that Hockinson made, it was called a catch. You know. So, I don't know what else to say. I know that you know, anybody who thinks that New York is against the Vikings, that's just a silly thing to say. But it's hard to watch these many many things go against us and not just go one and the world is going on.
Speaker 1: So then, how are we feeling about Thursday? Do we feel like we have a chance, regardless if it's winsor McCarthy, or are we just feeling like we're just right now?
Speaker 3: I might have felt worst fight and seeing that Chargers game on on.
Speaker 5: Sunday, terrible, terrible they got They got killed by the Colts, who might be the best team in football.
Speaker 3: That is true, We're going there.
Speaker 5: They gave up a ton of yards and uh, but I think they were behind. I'm pretty sure Justin Herbert threw for over four hundred and something yards. Their offensive line is really bad and one of their backup to the backups is injured, so they might have a fourth or fifth string guy playing the offensive line is real bad. But you know Herbert's outstanding there. Their uh, who's the wide receiver that's been there for years? Went to the Bears and then went back there? John Elway is good. I think it's Quinton Johnston who they drafted a couple of years ago, who was a bust and now is having a career year.
Speaker 1: He's good. Yeah, hold on, I gotta sneeze. Oh is it over all right for now? Yeah? How to feel?
Speaker 5: It felt great? But yeah, that's a good football team. But as Hawks said, they got blown out at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sunday, so went to McCarthy both on the injury report as we had to Los Angeles on Thursday. Yesterday. We talked about this at nauseum, as you can well imagine, and I think everybody is agreeing. We're ready to see some JJ, but we're not sure that he's going to be ready either health wise or even enough practice this week to play on a short week like that, you basically have a mini buy after this game, and then of course you go to Detroit. But that seems like it makes more sense, Am I right? Do you still feel that way, Saucy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think they would play him on a short week. And Diana Rassini is reporting right now that the Vikings hoped that he would have progressed faster with this injury, but he hasn't and he is unlikely to play on Thursday.
Speaker 8: They're weird, notoriously difficult to when you get back from him.
Speaker 5: There is, and they're all different severity, of course, but who's the quarterback for the Panther, Bryce Young has one and he's day to day.
Speaker 1: He got banged up, but they said he's day to day. So with the high ankle injuries, so we'll see elsewhere.
Speaker 5: C J.
Speaker 3: Hamm and Brian O'Neil listed as did not practice the day after the loss to Philadelphia. Hamm returned to the active roster head of the team team's Week five game in London. But I believe what was his hand? Yeah, his hand he hurt this past weekend. Andrew van Ginko continues to recover from his neck injury. I would guess he I don't know. He was able to practice in the lead ups of the game, but inactive on Sunday. I'm not sure we could expect him to be back this week either.
Speaker 1: Sauce, you have killer calves, correct, I dold you stand up for a second show, Marnie your calves. I want to play a little game. I'm just curious you guys. You guys know Cliffhanger though right from from prices right.
Speaker 5: Start pointing, point to your to your heel. Okay, no, no, yes, that was your heel. But now slowly move your hand up your ankle and let's all decide when the ankle ends. I don't, right, because I didn't say cankles is an ankle.
Speaker 1: I don't mean on you.
Speaker 5: It just means like when you hear high ankle spring, Like, when does the ankle technically end?
Speaker 4: I mean, now you're in the calf your face. I wonder when the ankles spectacle. I mean that is something to really take it.
Speaker 6: We're just distracted by the calves. Calves, man, Yeah, like we're a low cruise. Sock might end, but I guess I don't know.
Speaker 1: High ankle just makes it sound like it's halfway up the leg. It's not. I just don't know where it is. Man, it's not halfway up the leg. It might be I'm not web MD.
Speaker 3: Pants off.
Speaker 1: You roll them up like like Marti in the nineties. You like my blouse hot? You know what?
Speaker 3: I was glad you chose that color. Looks really good with your eyeballs. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need to lose weight. This chair keeps sinking every time I sit in it. I'm gonna eat more lean instead.
Speaker 3: Start tomorrow, man, start tomorrow.
Speaker 4: According to AI, a high ankle sprain is located just above the ankle joint between the two lower leg bones to be amphibian, so.
Speaker 1: It doesn't go that far up the leg at all. It's right at the base. Yeah, that's right, So it's I don't know. It just seems to be an ankle spraying name.
Speaker 3: Either way, you know, I would guess if I would I if he is at all possible healthy way, I think it'll be once this week and then I think it'll be McCarthy and Detroit. That's just my gut feeling. I have no inside information.
Speaker 1: I want JJ as quickly as possible. I've been on that train even before we had the Wentz experience here. I just want JJ to play the whole year. But what you just said makes a lot of sense. If he's still banged up, let's let's hope.
Speaker 5: He's ready for Detroit because we got to get the get back in there winter lose on Thursday, put him back in, and I think your sink or swim with him the rest of the way. You got to just stick with him. Ye If he's bad, stick with him. If he's great, then awesome. If he's horrifically bad then fine. Then we know at the end of the year that we're going to have to move on and do what the Cardinals did. Graft somebody next year. Yeah, then Saint Louis, sure, although I think it's always Spider season and yeah, are too hot, man.
Speaker 3: I want it to be a possibility of snow every day of the ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love snow, just an outside chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you reggae rat, Yeah I do.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love the Metrodome pregame. I know, not the metro us Bank Stadium's pre game.
Speaker 1: He loves it. Loved when the Metrodome collapsed because of snow.
Speaker 3: It was a top five day. Yeah, top five weather day. People like me, No, I I really enjoy when they have that manufactured snowfall out of the sea. You know this is actually yeah, we know only Lands fans though, Hey Johnny Bones, yes sir, we haven't talked about it at all. You know what I loved about Friday night, besides the atmosphere and the wind and and all that stuff, what I loved halftime with the marching band. Yes, football man, Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 8: They did a great job. Well there isn't That was the Red Hot Chili Peppers time or is that.
Speaker 1: The week time before?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you went to the game.
Speaker 1: I was there on Friday night.
Speaker 8: Yes, I spent I spent most of halftime, however, waiting in line to go to the bathroom, which was absolutely hideous. T TCF Stadium is under underrepresented. You're right, You're absolutely right between, especially because there were so many Nebraska fans. Apparently Nebraska fans just used that time to the bathroom.
Speaker 3: They walked out there with their heads down. I'll tell you that was so.
Speaker 8: We were right next to one of those uh right one next to a Nebraska section essentially and watching them all leave. When that final field goal went up, there was entertaining. Yeah, yeah, it was shot in freud kind of way. Did you think the Twitter reaction?
Speaker 1: Again, as a guy that didn't get to see the game, I thought the Twitter reaction was a little interesting. I think it's a reminder of sometimes when you're in the bubble, you forget what it looks like outside of the bubble. Nebraska thinks so little of Minnesota, even though we've won six straight against them. Their fans are like, how can we lose to this crap team every year? Like they think we are at the bottom of the Big Ten. They have no respect for Gopher football, And I just think that's really interesting because I think we all think we're somewhere in the middle. They think we're at the bottom.
Speaker 8: I've seen a lot of postgame reactions, both from the Minnesota side and from the Nebraska side, and both sides as as usual, they reflect on their own team, but they don't think much about the other team. You know, they are don't attribute much of the win or lost to the other team.
Speaker 3: We lost that game as opposed to getting right.
Speaker 8: Nebraska is basically blaming the Penn State drama on the fact because Penn State fired James Franklin and who's nebraskaka? That movie was twenty seven hours exactly, twenty seven dress.
Speaker 1: And twenty seven hours how many hours or seven blouses? And he's going to own that domain name by the end of the segment.
Speaker 5: But I think when they when they showed on the screen Matt Rules record at Nebraska, you're like that guy.
Speaker 8: Yeah, But they they really felt like this year was the year that they finally It's only his.
Speaker 1: Third year there. I think didn't they weren't they?
Speaker 5: And it may I may be wrong because I normally am, But weren't they like six and one last year and finished like seven.
Speaker 1: And it could be.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I think that is the fear that Nebraska ends up that this was this uncovered a lot of warts that had just been underneath the surface. I think when we talked about the seven and a half points spread last week, I hadn't paid much attention to Nebraska. I took a look at it after him, like, who if they? I mean, they lost to Michigan They barely they barely be Michigan State. They barely beat I don't know whoever. The last one was.
Speaker 3: They beat Hawk, they beat East Carolina Huggies.
Speaker 1: That's what Chad Power is playing for. They had not had an impressive run at this point. I mean, and so is.
Speaker 5: An eight and a half point favorite over the Gophers and a half eight and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's about how many points a game they score.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, Yeah, that's a that's a good team, though.
Speaker 1: Even that Hawk or sus.
Speaker 3: Even you had bets a half.
Speaker 1: Kennick's a tough place to play.
Speaker 3: Very tough, very tough, and no how bit about waving to the babies in the Hospital's the best in the world.
Speaker 1: But historically a couple of teams that don't score a lot of points eight and a half. The law is a big spread for a probably low scoring See that's a pretty low over under. Anything in the thirties is low eight and a half. Oh you're interested? Which did it take? I mean last Friday was the best they've played in a long game. Yes, it was. I mean that was gonna be.
Speaker 8: My point is I don't think the Nebraska fans reacting. I don't understand, like this was the most complete game we have seen the Gophers put together.
Speaker 1: Yes, quarterback, but.
Speaker 8: We've seen that in the previous games, Like he was pretty good in the previous games, but his offensive line was really struggling. The defensive line was really struggling. They didn't have much in the way of turnovers, you know, tune over a bill, which they still are. But what we saw was the defense made tackles like we have not seen them make that kind of consistent tackling in a long time. They dominated the offensive line, they dominated dominated the defensive line. It was it was the most complete you know, let's get down and play some real old school football.
Speaker 1: I'll take all right, I'm on fifty bucks. Yeah, I'll take.
Speaker 3: Dance a little bit. While you were waiting in line.
Speaker 1: Did I dance a little bit?
Speaker 7: What I.
Speaker 1: Was shuggling a little bit? Yeah, your trousers.
Speaker 3: You shoul be honest with us. I have Bobby this morning.
Speaker 1: And your parts. Man, If he and your parts was cool, consider me, Miles David.
Speaker 3: A broken team, a battle for dignity, a summer of softball that united the team against the odds, A season on the drink. The author Pat Harris is with us.
Speaker 1: He's one of us.
Speaker 3: Good dude, man, he's mind me right now. I'll come in and talk to us about his new book that's sweeping the nation. And let me tell you. You want a book, you want a story that absolutely begs to be made into a movie.
Speaker 1: This is it.
Speaker 3: And we are going to be able to be in the movie. According to Pat, he said we would be catch That's what he said. None of that's true, by the way I said it on the air. So we had to do it now. But Patt'll be with this right after this. Patrick Morris on the Fat