Speaker 1: Morning, ladies, gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Listen Beaverville, Come on, inn. I woke up yesterday morning with us a fring of us to start later, please, I could never know what the day was us Florida. Listen up. The radys just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demography, super duper.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Fight a goo Nito gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 1: It is the thirty first day of October twenty twenty five. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the Partrip Morning Show on HOLLO. It's Friday. Yeah, it's Halloween is Friday. Let's gonna get crazy out there tonight. Y'all be careful out there now. We need y'all and we go to Detroit tomorrow. We have Vikings football this weekend. JAYJ takes the helm. Here we go, let's go, let's go, let's go. But it is Friday. That means we got the initials. We got Marty, we had Mark Parosch and a casto thousands, So let's get her started. With Paul F. Tompkins, here's some comedy on a Partrip Morning show. And I fired up Friday. Let's get it O. Come on in now. Hey, listen, I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 4: I like scary movies because I think we all like to be scared. That's not true, but that is something that dumb actors say when they go on talk shows to promote their scary movie, Like why did you take this role?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I think because we all like to be scared.
Speaker 4: No, we do not, We do not, do you know why? It's scary? That's why nobody likes it. If you walking down the street, sob, he sticks a gun in your face, your reaction is not, this is awesome.
Speaker 3: What a roller comes to Rod, I'm.
Speaker 2: On right now with its experience. What a thrill and a chill.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I thought.
Speaker 2: The fezer the FS line is weed and.
Speaker 1: On your side. You hear the distance under this in your stray wall.
Speaker 3: But to take it to.
Speaker 2: To take it to the all right? Not behold everybody, your sons of pictures. Look at John chriestl addressed his I don't know Freddy or or Jayson or whoever he is. Don't disrespect the man. I wouldn't disrespect Jason boy. He's mister Voorhees good morning, Good morning. Like you said before the show, Jason always catches his victim. Just is in absolutely no rush. That's kind of perfect for me. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You'll get him, I'll get I'll get him by take me a minute.
Speaker 6: That's Chris Hockey, that's Paul Meet Sauce Lambert, There's Zachary Howers, and I'm Corey Covin.
Speaker 2: Like I just said, there's John Kraso. Happy Halloween, guys. Hold Friday.
Speaker 5: It's the best man. We're getting to get my pub. It got delivered yesterday, so we're going to have that dialed in.
Speaker 2: Hired a bartender.
Speaker 5: Hired a bartender because I don't want to be behind there slanging cocktails.
Speaker 2: I want to be hanging out. And it's going to go late tonight.
Speaker 1: I thought must would be busy.
Speaker 2: You guys are all welcome to join, Thank you very much. Many have one of those finally Fridays. Is that what they're called? What is that some drinking event?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he showed up for that last night, though he's never quite sure.
Speaker 2: That was Thursday. Thursdays. Oh yeah, see Wednesdays. Sauce, you new one? Uh did you do one another one. Uh, slutty Sunday, blackout Monday, Jesus, we don't get this bit. Come on, man.
Speaker 1: Two tops Tuesday, Yeah, two tops Tuesday, that'll do it.
Speaker 2: Twisted Tuesday, Sure, Yeah, sloppy Sunday, Sure, s face Saturday. Sure yeah, you're right. Key Friday. Sure, hawk loves that movie. Second thing is an absolute train wreck. But who cares? You saw in the theater? Yep, Kittles wanted to go. You gotta go.
Speaker 1: Remember I saw you there, I was waving you. I was like, I'm here. Man crying, Yeah, come over, he and need some popcorn? And on this buget I.
Speaker 2: Think he cried when Jamie Lee Curtis wore tight fitting clothing.
Speaker 1: Those are some big.
Speaker 2: Old Okay, it's one of those days. Yeah, hey, I have a question for you guys. Who do you think all of you? Who do you think sits here at two o'clock Tuesday? Wednesday Thursday? I'm gonna guess. Oh, I don't know, Mark rosen hold On.
Speaker 5: No, there's a fortune there. I just left a fortune cookie bunch of garbage. Yeah, fortune cookie. Oh August will be a month of adventure and exploration.
Speaker 2: Oh oh great, just wait, almost a full year.
Speaker 1: Here's another one. Oh no, oh no, it's gonna happen to you soon.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no oh, here's another one. Some things are worth remembering. It's a great profound so.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's another one. And some things are not beware of the person with the great arm.
Speaker 5: Oh, here's another one. You have to slay the dragon before you can lay the princess.
Speaker 2: That's hmmm, I don't know if you have to. Oh, it doesn't hurt though, like quite less stressful.
Speaker 5: Like my dad told me, practice all you can, so when you meet the gal that you care about, you can just blow the doors off.
Speaker 1: Oh, here's another one. Blue pills work.
Speaker 2: Oh, speaking of doors, I just briefly mentioned it to these two guys before the show started, but why not bring it to the massive I love this so, as I've told you guys for years, my wife kind of goes overboard for birthday parties and holidays and stuff. She likes decorating the house.
Speaker 6: She's been working on a Stranger Things themed porch for about a week and it looks awesome for her. A lot of effort trying to make the kids, you know, Halloween magical, all that garbage, right, it's stuff that you'll hear on the speech probably on Monday, right, Christopher, make it magic. So she's leaning in hardcore to the old Stranger Things theme. She turned our front door into basically like the portal to the Upside Down. And if you've seen the show Stranger Things, or if you want to go ahead and google it quickly.
Speaker 2: A bunch of Google like portal to the Upside Down.
Speaker 1: It looks like a vaginal.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is exactly what it looks like.
Speaker 6: So she did this awesome thing that she hung on the door, so detailed, so awesome, and she's like, hey, come look at this for a second. And I walk into the room and she goes, what do you think? And my eyebrows race. She goes, it looks like a vaginta, doesn't it. I go, sure, I think this looks like those I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 5: This looks like one of those vaginas you need to get a shot after hawks down and scared of that vagina.
Speaker 2: So she did all this work. It looks awesome.
Speaker 6: But she goes, she goes, well, the kids aren't gonna know, and I go, you are correct, But every adult in the neighborhood's going to go the cove household has a vagina door. Yeah, that's that's what's gonna happen tonight.
Speaker 2: You guys want to come over? Yeah, do you know how you open the door to the portal that? Yeah, you're perfect.
Speaker 1: I'd be real careful about because sometimes you get washed over by a giant wave coming out of there. That's right, you do surge, did you have you? You guys got the motion central thing right?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: So when some kid walks up to her goes, if you build it, hawk will come.
Speaker 2: Hey, I just thought about the I thought about this too. You know how like Tommy always wants me to throw like a party and have the whole power chip over to my house. What if we just leave this up and then see if he actually comes in. Oh my god, he'd throw up, he'd scream and run.
Speaker 1: You start crying.
Speaker 2: Why you see Tommy climbing through the window exactly? What's the garage code? Anyway? So if you want to trik a treat at my house that I I mean, feel free to take pictures. I guess that's fun. I mean, I don't know. It looks awesome, Yeah, it looks exactly like the photos. You guys just googled what what's Harrison going to be for Halloween? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Chloe's going to be a terroodactyl. I forget. Oh yeah, your daughter's sorry or whatever. I asked her. I was like, she's not famous. Why do you pick a pterodactyl? She said, I've wanted to be one my whole life.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. It was so cute. Not a bad choice.
Speaker 5: It's it's one where it's like a onesie and then when you lift your yeah, that's great. And that's like she could she could wear a garbage bag, she'd still be cute. So yeah, yep, I love it. Kids get so excited. I get excited for it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, why not? Right, it's Friday night. I mean, come on, you imagine how slutty it's gonna be downtown tonight.
Speaker 2: On a Friday night we come home. Well, let's look ahead to the future. Right now.
Speaker 6: Little Leo is what nine months old or ten months old or whatever. But it's perfect, perfect timing, because the next time it hits a Friday, it'll be like six or seven.
Speaker 1: You should have Lionel dance on the ceiling.
Speaker 2: It's Louis whatever it is.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter, isn't Louis.
Speaker 2: Was lying, Yeah, he's going to be a hot dog. Oh man, Yeah, oh hot dog, hot dog? Hot How cute is Lauren's gonna look? It's gonna be great. It would be absolutely exhausting to learn all of your kids' names.
Speaker 1: I don't even try.
Speaker 2: I don't even try either. Nobody else does. That's how my dad felt. That's what you said, brilliant.
Speaker 6: It is funny when you see, like when people grow like Nick Cannon and go name all your kids, just the fact that they hesitate, even if they get through all of.
Speaker 2: Them and they're like, Okay, let's see which one would be next when they have to think of who's next NFL player an Antonio Cramarti that couldn't name all of his kids in HBO. I think it was the hard hard notch or something couldn't get them all. I think, come on, man, allergic to Latex. This isn't like naming all the Taylor Swift album. This is your own kin. I mean your children knew all of his kids names? Sure, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know he was just waiting for a couple of them to grow up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was just for Halloween. So we could come knock on my door, is us? I am not. It's a long term invest.
Speaker 1: Hey, uh, Masha, masha, mosh it.
Speaker 2: You've seen that, you've seen an adult.
Speaker 1: You know what, dude, I have? Yeah, I bet I ain't the only one. I bet you're not right the Crease.
Speaker 5: I don't think that one watched some have I think in the Grinch watched The Grinch who Stole Christmas and Santa?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's a good cat drivers, like, what's going on back there?
Speaker 2: We're hot? Had it at volume two thousand, we were watching the Grinch give it to somebody? Yeah, yeah, he was pissed about the two sizes too small? His heart wasn't the only thing growing.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did he give it to one of the who's just tell me? So? Multiple people got it? Yeah, he was very generous.
Speaker 1: Just promise me. Max didn't get involved.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we didn't see that. Max. The dogs. The other Max would have the MAXO.
Speaker 6: So it's Friday, it's Halloween. Parish will be here later, Marnie will be here later. One hundred and two thousand, five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Up for grabs later with the that's for sure, right, it is overdue one O two five YEP one hundred and two thousand, five hundred dollars up for grabs with the same Paul Federal Credit Union initials jackpot that today fifteen and as we mentioned yesterday, then next Friday, Derek Shelton, the manager of the Twins, new manager of the Twins, will be on here playing initially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man's cool, mister Adam dealing today.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, Sweeland, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yes, we'll talk to m see how you doing, How you feeling?
Speaker 2: What time's at seven forty is or so? I believe that is six thirty six thirty. We're going early again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe so, let me check if.
Speaker 2: I gets wrong with that. Sometimes it happens.
Speaker 1: This never happens to me. Yeah, six thirty is what I got. I still got six thirty right out. That's right, Johnny case here. We talked to Tommy about it yesterday. John We had an awesome time in Vegas. But again it ain't It's just not the same with our Johnny k it ain't the same, brother, Johnny.
Speaker 2: Next time.
Speaker 5: This one happened so quickly too, and I had the speeches planned, but yeah, I missed it. It was fun to listen to that Tom Sports Bar looks pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: Tom's watch bar. It was great, it was outstanding.
Speaker 1: Your father in law? Ye yeah, yeah, I mean it's you party there.
Speaker 2: Right Turkey tea words, Yep, yep.
Speaker 1: I got an email, ladies and gentlemen, hold on yes Jay for me. Listener who I think may be able to help us in our trip to make things a little more special for next year, if you know what I'm talking about. So you guys are familiar. I see the signs all the time, and I'm bringing it up on air because I wonder if Zacho has ever been there before. Little Darlings, Oh boy, that sounds bad.
Speaker 2: Isn't it terrible?
Speaker 1: What is it? What is Little Darlings? Is it what I think it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I ride by it on Uh.
Speaker 8: It's kind of by a certain place where you can buy certain things.
Speaker 2: I think it's in the Deja Vou family.
Speaker 5: I believe it's owned by the same group because it always on the glowing Cups back in the day at the VU. Little Darlings was on there too. Crainge every time I go to the dispensary.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Gross.
Speaker 1: Winston Fisher is the CEO of Area fifteen. Oh Yes, the world's first purpose built immersive retail and entertainment complex. Winston Is reimagined what people expect out of Las Vegas. Opening in twenty twenty, the Area fifteen has become the go to destination for anyone craving something way past the usual tourist fair picture more than fifteen million visitors, wild attractions like Mio wolfs O Mega Mart, and the soon to open john Wick Experience. I saw advertisements for the john Wick Experience while we wereut there. I didn't know what the hell it was. All under one evolving roof Winston's vision for infinitely customizable as spaces and curated lineup events is changing our visitors experience entertainment, art, light, nightlife, and even more. Blah blah blah. Anyway, the person who sent me this, it's like the does pr for them and this is how the email starts off. Listening to the latest episode had me laughing, especially with the continuing saga of Hawk's Vegas Bath. So this is truly a listener. Wow, she does pr for this place. I'm like, that might be a fun thing for us to check out. Yeah, in the john Wick Experience must it has to do with killing fools, I guess.
Speaker 2: And that what is it called Mega mart or whatever is is?
Speaker 6: Isn't that the place where people basically get high and then go take Instagram pictures because it's.
Speaker 2: Supposed to be trippy. Yeah, and there's like different like portals, many of which don't look like the ginas, but that's supposed to mean.
Speaker 1: Wow, do they have some that do?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you can get lost in that place pretty easily, but it's a good loss.
Speaker 2: It's like, let's take a visit. I'll take a peek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you don't care if you go through the wrong door, it's kind of stinky and oh no, not again.
Speaker 2: There's already someone on this entrance.
Speaker 1: So it looks like stuff. So I'm trying to come out of here.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, where this corn?
Speaker 1: You need some fiber? Anyway, Apparently a she's a fan of the show, and the CEO wants to come on and talk to us about the place, and uh, that might be good for for us. That'd be kind of a fun little power trip experience, wouldn't it. Yeah, Yeah, you go, especially if it's free and it's me and give me.
Speaker 2: Three Yeah, I only knew somebody that had access to just unlimited amounts of mushrooms.
Speaker 1: M yeah, I don't. I would guess by the time we're ready to go again, he'll still have something.
Speaker 2: I saw. Might have brought down some gas mileage by the way. I might.
Speaker 1: Uh. I might go out there again to l A again next weekend because I am obsessed with the Barbarians of California. Okay, that's A Nation's band. You know they have a metal verse and they play the Roxy next Saturday night. You got a dude, how cool would that be? This is the heaviest thing, man, there's hard rock is making a comeback. Heavy metals making a comeback.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 6: I was just telling Hawk too, because Barbarians of California opened up for the Death Zones when they were here like a month agoah, And Parish was texting me live during because he was there during the show going. I don't know who this nerd is, but he's absolutely shredding before the Death Zones.
Speaker 2: I go, that's Aaron from a Wall Nation. This is his side man. He was like, these guys are awesome. It's so heavy. I guess a Wall Nation Awal Nation shreds man. That's sweet. Awesome.
Speaker 1: I just watched a live set of them doing a show at the Troubadour and he's just him. He's just dressed like he would normally be at an a Wall Nation show, and he's screaming like crazy and the band's so heavy. That's fun stuff.
Speaker 2: You gotta go. I think I might.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you might be stuck here in the cities. Why is that up on your roof clearing out leaves and stuff? Man, it's tough.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it. I don't know what to do about all these leaves.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. Go to Guttter Helmet and Gutner Heelmet at men dot com. You never have to worry about that again. Get gut Her helmet on your gutters. You won't have to worry about all these leaves falling into them. You don't have to waste a Saturday cleaning them up. And you can go see that band at the Roxy.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you it certainly looks like Corey sprud door Ney's a gut Her helmet.
Speaker 2: You guys want to visit the upside Down?
Speaker 1: Sure, I'll try anything.
Speaker 2: A hawks about, as Jennifer Andison once said, on friends. Sometimes that helps the powers wanting to have to this, we all remember that teacher made a difference, who believed in us, who challenge us, or just made learning fun. And that was your chance to say thank you in a big way with Iheartradios, thank a teacher powered by donors. Choose them an outstanding public school teacher who's got a bove and beyond.
Speaker 8: For those students to win five thousand dollars to stock their classroom with whatever they need. Help us say thank you to the educator of shaping our future. Now I'm gonna your favorite teacher now at iHeartRadio dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Teachers well way, shout out to my elementary school teacher, mister Garrison. He was a guiding light for I think a lot of us in Chicago Lake. So shout out to mister Garrison. Oh sweet, and shout out to missus Firestein, my kindergarten teacher who had to send a note home to my parents saying it was a happy gram and it said please stop letting John watch R rated movies.
Speaker 5: Brilliant because I got to watch It's funny seeing Chloe when I put on the Jason mask.
Speaker 2: She's like that's kind of scary.
Speaker 5: And then she saw like in the films, you know, because any of the streaming services will have like the Halloween themed one yea, and there's a picture of Jason with the with the mask, and she's like, that is really scary. I'm like, I couldn't imagine letting her watch it in first grade, and yet I got to watch all of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you had to learn brother had to learn the bah.
Speaker 2: Wash oh my, the parents did let me watch all.
Speaker 1: The clocks fall back an hour on Sunday, marking the end of daylight savings time.
Speaker 2: Glad you brought this up, Chris.
Speaker 6: You know why somebody tweeted at the Power Tree Morning Show like two days ago saying, don't forget Zach Halverson once famously said that the other daylight savings time switching the spring throws him off for weeks. And remember I think we tried to get him nominated for preposterous statement. But and the reason why I think that's awesome is, Zach, you stand by it. And I've always said the quotes that are the best aren't the.
Speaker 2: Ones that are out of context, it's the ones that they say it they stand by it and they freaking mean it. Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 6: Zach, you'll stand by that, right. It throws you off for quote weeks? Yeah, what about this one? Well, this one throw you off for weeks. It's a little I don't know why. This one's a little easier.
Speaker 8: This one's good, dear, but I'm very sensitive to vitamin D.
Speaker 2: Well, we should pick another lifestyle.
Speaker 1: The news. No, I mean you get a little onion news.
Speaker 2: Oh, all right, so you're not concerned about the falling back, you know at this point? Nah, okay, can find out it's extra hour. Yeah that's greasy. Yeah, it's greasy. You know who doesn't know it's an extra hour? A ten month old Louis whatever?
Speaker 1: Oh what about Lionel though, who's.
Speaker 2: No, my he his name's Louis. What percentage of people do you think have cracked the code and figured out exactly what we're talking about? Most? Most, it's probably the most.
Speaker 1: Just rise that is a darker Bora. Oh my heavy metal band. We're playing a show with Scarlett Hayes at the Varsity. Men, I'm excited about that.
Speaker 2: What time will that be?
Speaker 1: What is it eleven eleven?
Speaker 2: I think it's uh no, it's five five rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the way. Yeah, Veterans Day exactly right, and I'm putting on the makeup and getting down screaming heavy again.
Speaker 2: Barcity, Peter Hidden Gem.
Speaker 1: Yeah's looking forward to it. Yeah, please buy tickets and come out watch us get weird. And of course Scarlett Hayes's Cat Perkins, his heavy metal band. Do you know she's been on the road with kid Rock for like almost two years now as this backup singer. That's a long time literally touring the world. She said they played for ninety thousand people. I forget where she said, but it was in like a field somewhere.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ninety thousand people. And you know that song that she that he did was showcro Picture whatever it's called. She sings it with him every.
Speaker 2: Night, you know. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good for her. Yeah, No, I know, might have her come in I think at some point and talk because I can't imagine. You know, she was on the Voice, did really really well there and has had some great success. But standing on stage front of ninety thousand people, she's Louise that's the dream baby.
Speaker 2: Good for her, Yeah, that's something. It is ninety thousand yeah, that's I think what.
Speaker 6: The rest of this station thinks is the number of Power Troop cast members.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially commons. I heard, I heard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yesterday they were talking Tennabee said that we break the fire code every day during the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they rip us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but we got ratings.
Speaker 2: That writings book is it's something, it is.
Speaker 1: I mean what Yeah, if we are to exist, we must resist.
Speaker 2: John b bom boom boom boom boom boom boom about those bikes. Yeah, Sunday and noon right here in the Fantas McCarthy time.
Speaker 5: I think the Vikings are going to experience what my tea words experience sitting at a slot machine when you guys just callous these things.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, there's some enjoyment from that, A little bit, A little bit. I can't see too much for us.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we were in as office and Sauce would not leave my jugs alone.
Speaker 2: That is true. I was it.
Speaker 1: And the good part was the boss actually saw it. I didn't have to, like us, set them up, find a hidden camera. He just started flopping him to the point where Chad had to demand that he stopped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then except mind your business. These are spoken laying Chad. Yeah, I have to right away when we get to Vegas.
Speaker 5: I usually have to put an embargo on them for a little bit because you and Tim get way out of control.
Speaker 2: They do next weekend right, No, the weekend after deer hunting is next weekend.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, it's happening.
Speaker 5: It's yeah. I can't believe it. November is gone already. My November is gone. What's it like? Being famous?
Speaker 1: Didn't start to the marrow?
Speaker 6: Nothing to do with famous, According to Power Troop Bets. I didn't fact check this, but I trust Chuck power to Betsy, he's dead.
Speaker 2: In the last ten seasons, when the Vikings have been seven point dogs or more? How many wins do they have in the last ten seasons? If they have been seven point dogs or more, and they're around eight and a half or more by the way, some sites have them met nine and a half, but DraftKings has him at eight and a half. If you have seven or more points against the Vikes, what's how many wins do they have in the last ten seasons? Does he say how many games they have been? Sure? Do we have to guess that? Also? How many wins? And then I'll tell you the other number two.
Speaker 5: Zero then, yeah, I thought it was are we talking covering the spread.
Speaker 2: Or just actual actually wins? I thought it was zero. I thought it was one.
Speaker 1: It's got to be it's gotta be two or three. I'm gonna say three.
Speaker 6: It is zero, lost by seven, lost by twelve, lost by three, lost by seventeen, and lost by twenty seven. So they have not won in the last ten seasons being seven point dogs or more. But according to power tr bets, in the last forty years, they have been eight and a half point dogs or more thirty times. How many of the thirty have they flat out one again not covered one as eight and a half point dogs are more.
Speaker 5: Eighty seven season? The strike short this strike season. I know when they went into the playoffs, their record wasn't good. They were huge dogs at New Orleans and they won like forty four to ten, So there's one. The next week they beat the Niners. They were big dogs there.
Speaker 2: Season Cyclodia Brown over here, so I'd say four nailed it four and twenty six. Ye John cheers four times in the last forty seasons. Crazy, well done, well done, well done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, not optimistic about Sunday, and I think it's not either.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how it's turned.
Speaker 5: And you guys were talking about I think it was yesterday about how okay, it's completely changed to where now I think expectations have completely dropped and now it is let's get the kids squared away for.
Speaker 2: Next year, in the year after and the year after.
Speaker 5: So that's kind of our I think we were fooling ourselves to think that this was a super Bowl contender, but I don't think it's a Playoff contender right now, specifically because the defense and the frustrating thing is, like, like I said before the Eagles game, last time I was on was they built this team. The whole offseason was based on trying to become a quasi like Philadelphia Eagles, and they have been the opposite. They're getting manhandled up front on both sides of the ball. Defense has been horrific. Now, let's just keep the kid upright, don't let them get hurt again, because then I think we've got some other really big problems.
Speaker 10: Yeah, unless brosemerkinsling it and there is that.
Speaker 5: This is the markets that wanted Kyle Sloeder to be the starter and wanted all so we need to pump the brakes on the bros Mersitch or do we.
Speaker 2: The Front Page Sports is Next is the Power to Want eachill on the handy Hey Rubs.
Speaker 8: This football season, Bell Bank is giving one camfe and listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity their choice to set over to kvan dot com keyword contest to learn more in ender today. That's Cafe dot Com keword Contests.
Speaker 2: Time now for Front Page Sports. We presented by Holiday Station Stores. Holiday Station Stores. I was there this morning. I got donuts. I wanted dons. Yeah. Do you want some of these donuts there? Shooter? No, I'm good better they're Halloween themed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they have orange and brown sprinkles and what they're cake donuts?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: My apologies to the Plymouth location because these are the last six. Took the last ones. Anyway, you can get donut set to Holiday though like I did.
Speaker 6: Or you can get Red bull by two get one free. It was eight and a half ounds Red Bulls Mix.
Speaker 2: Imagin any flavors you want of Red Bulls sugar Free Classic special editions. You understand the options.
Speaker 6: Get three for the price of two with our friends at holiday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the other underrated aspect of holiday. I've been on this. I love snacks, but they're not backs snacks, but they're not great for you. So I've transitioned to sunflower seeds. Oh go on holiday has They are the super Bowl of choices there. They've got nine thousand different brands and flavors. So yeah, I've been doing some dabbling.
Speaker 2: Delicious on the way in, Freddy Krueger on the way out. Well, that's because you grind them up and eat the whole thing. Yeah, you monster.
Speaker 5: At least it's like absolutely putting a boar brush through your colon.
Speaker 2: I stick up, I stick up for you, the exact things that you put in your mouth. Oh my god.
Speaker 8: But the Sunflower state thing that is, that's great. Sort of a serial killer handbook.
Speaker 2: That's grey. The Bunglass hot dogs I won't understand. Though.
Speaker 6: We talked about the Minnesota Twins yesterday announcing that they are hiring Derek Shelton to be their new manager. Well, we'll have him on next Friday. That'll be super cool. Derek Shelton, welcome aboard. But the Nationals also hired a manager. Did you see this one?
Speaker 10: Do you?
Speaker 2: Guys? Read about this to see this, you hear this? No Jay Blake, but Terra is the new Nationals manager related to Drew. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I assumed so. In fact, I just assumed it was Drew. But Tarra and somebody had a typo. So I went and checked and no, but it is Blake. How old is Blake?
Speaker 2: But tra if you saw, don't guess I didn't see. I saw him. Thirty one thirty one, Zach Chris. I saw it. He's thirty three years old.
Speaker 6: He is the youngest manager in Major League Baseball since the Minnesota Twins hired somebody I've never heard of because it was before I was born, Frank quis quillissi qu i l i ci quillissi.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 6: In nineteen seventy two, the Twins hired a guy that was thirty three years old as well, so the youngest manager in fifty plus years in Major League baseball. Washington last year went to sixty six and ninety six, second worst record in baseball, and now they have a thirty three year old managers that hold.
Speaker 2: You, I'm thirty one thirty right now? What just happened? On thirty one in January do you follow that man on Instagram? Not yet, But it is odd that too, because that would have been fifty years or so, you said, and the Twins moved from Washington. So maybe there's just something about Washington franchises that like, young man, what a sports connection that was. Thank you almost got there. Thank you.
Speaker 5: That's why this is the sports leader. We su yesterday we asked what a bench coach was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Ravens beat the Dolphins twenty eight to six. The Dolphins fall to two and seven, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens now three and five. Saw stat last night that Lamar Jackson against the Dolphins basically has the highest I think it's passer rating in the history of the NFL against an individual opponent like he owns the Dolphins more than any quarterback has ever owned a team.
Speaker 5: Which is wild because of Brady in that whole division against the Bills, always crushed against the Dolphins.
Speaker 6: I think the logic though, is because you play those teams so often, if you have a couple of stinkers in there, starts.
Speaker 2: To bring the average down. And if you only played the Dolphins, I don't know how many times he's played them. Four times five times.
Speaker 6: If you just go four and oh and five and oh and just put up monster numbers, then it's hard to bring that average down.
Speaker 2: I think that's the theory, but who knows.
Speaker 6: So I guess he's the highest rated passer in the history of the NFL against one team, and it happens to be the Dolphins.
Speaker 5: Wow, and especially this version of the Dolphins. They're horrific.
Speaker 2: That's so bad.
Speaker 5: That's a tough matchup though you can't get pressure on him. He just rolls outside the pocket and then you have to leave someone to spy him, and so then someone's always open that that game at US Bank Stadium in two weeks is going to be.
Speaker 2: That's a good team. And you saw that, which is crazy though.
Speaker 5: That shows he's the MVP, yeah, because without him that's a bad team.
Speaker 2: I think the other side I saw last.
Speaker 6: Night, and this might be off by a point or two, but you'll get my m I drift. It was something like, when he plays, they're averaging thirty three points a game, and when he doesn't, they're averaging fourteen and a half.
Speaker 5: But even on the defensive side of the ball this year they had injuries, but still they they were terrible on defense.
Speaker 2: A good chunk of the year when he was out. It's it's wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But that just shows too, is when the offense doesn't, when the defense doesn't put the offense in bad spots over and over or vice versa, that makes a big difference. Yes, which has been the Vikings problem too. Defense has been bad. Offense has been bad because offense puts defense in bad spots.
Speaker 2: And nobody puts offense in the corner except the Vikings. Yeah, if you're curious again, Lamar Jackson last night, eighteen of twenty three, two hundred and four yards and four touchdowns, A one forty three point two passers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two to Mark Andrews. Yep, our guy Bateman had one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good man. That team's fun to watch that even that's why with him at what they were, what two and five now they're three and five. That's why they were favored, even as bad as the record was, because when you win a division, yeah, to win the division. When you get them back, they are a very very good football teams.
Speaker 5: When when you can run around, yeah, someone's going to be open.
Speaker 2: When when your offense isn't just you know, your first and goal from the one. You don't have to immediately hand it off.
Speaker 5: You can run other things because of the cornerback, although it's not again the law to hand the ball off.
Speaker 2: In short, it's first and goal from the one I'm giving. It's Derek last time. It was last night, and he threw that past to Mark Andrews because they bite on that all the time.
Speaker 5: Jordan Mason also from third and short second. In short, it would be nice to use him once in a while.
Speaker 2: What do I know? Right?
Speaker 6: The Pittsburgh Penguins of Anaheim won Florida one over the Wild. Carill scored in the first to give the while the one nothing lead, the place was exploding.
Speaker 2: And then Pittsburgh scored four unanswered and they went for to one in the Wild. Have lost eight of their last nine and five straight. I use the.
Speaker 8: Word on Tuesday or Wednesday morning to say after their loss on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Better, Uh, they were getting better.
Speaker 8: It was worse. This was worse. Things are are pretty bleak in Saint Paul right now. I'm not going to sugarcoat that. Thank you, sugarcoat these donuts. Yeah it's very nice, sugar dog. Oh yeah, that's some hardcore bolivion coke. But yeah, that's it's it's it's tough.
Speaker 2: They need to uh to dig deep here and and turn things around because it's, uh, it's gotten pretty pretty bad pretty quickly here. So hopefully they can turn things around tomorrow against the Canucks. But it's gonna it's gonna have to come from from that locker room. And that was a very very dark locker room yesterday. That was that was tough. They didn't turn the lights off. Yeah they celebrated Halloween. Yeah they did spooky. They switched it from the x Ownery Center and all of a sudden, the power goes out. Is that what you're saying? So far? So far? But hopefully they can start to make their own luck. Maybe they should have called it the Red Bull Center. Well, I mean, it would be nice if they could play in June cashde Bride. The Vikes are at the Lions Sunday at noon right here on the fan You're home from Minnesota. Pregame at ten Christ and Sauso being around ten forty five.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: The Vikings are three and four, the Lions are five and two.
Speaker 6: We mentioned it last segment, but the Lions are eight and a half point favorites on DraftKings, he over under his forty eight and a half.
Speaker 2: That might be just for the Lions.
Speaker 1: Stan Campbell, He's not a racist.
Speaker 2: He's also a pretty good coach.
Speaker 6: On the money line, the Lions are minus five hundred. If you think the Vikes can pull off the upset, you can get him at plus three eighty.
Speaker 1: Here's I'm on Ross Brown excited about playing against the Stephen the Blackfield. I think he's overestimating himself. What do you think of the mapples?
Speaker 2: Oh, poor and raw, poor name. It is cool. It sounds like it's straight out of the Mummy. Yeah, it just doom. It comes like something. There's more of the sense. It's just a terrible time to stop large. Oh gross? Oh did we did you ever reach out to wind him on the security tape? Yeah? My guesses were never what security tape sauce fell. He missed a step at the sports book and completely it, just like he did on the porch dead. So do you want Yeah, you follow a lot. I do. Yeah, it's bad.
Speaker 6: We we shouldn't have even asked because I assume they can't for legal reasons.
Speaker 2: They can't show that told their wives they weren't they were somewhere else or something.
Speaker 6: Even if they just let us see it, even if we couldn't post it, I just want to see it, dude, I didn't see it was this in the Hollywood Sports book.
Speaker 2: You know how they have those two or three steps from the sports from the bar down to the sports book. I was where you bit it. Oh you were going up and I fell going up.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I have never fallen on those stairs, and I've been in that sports book realiant, I was dead sober playboy. Do I need to bring an extra cane for your Yeah, yeah, that would be great. Yeah, you need a pepcne.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 6: The next Power to Vegas trip. So it's going to be walking around for hours with a cane and a neck pillow. No, please nod from that. Oh my god, it's ruined my morning.
Speaker 2: Uh No, mister Z this week, he says, there's basically nothing going on, So we'll talk to him next Friday.
Speaker 1: So I saw the Bruce Springsteen movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's talk about that when we get back.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, Hey, we'll.
Speaker 2: Do what really matters. Scores and stats around the world of sports. John Friesel is here Marnie and Parish later, this is the Power Trip Morning Show. Don't forget Adam feeling in like fifteen minutes as well. I'm the fan. I think it was Crazy Day.
Speaker 8: App Mark your calendar is Boston Punk Legends drop Kick Murphy's are said to hit the Palace Theater on March six. Don't miss out. Tickets on sale now. Full details of kafan dot com Keyward calendar.
Speaker 2: How long are you gonna talk like you're lion? I just showed, Uh, just showed.
Speaker 3: Paul.
Speaker 5: The beginning of Friday the Thirteenth, Part six truly the greatest opening scene of any like non realistic horror film, when he comes back from the grave after getting struck by lightning and puts that mask on.
Speaker 2: It's on like the other thing that cued up.
Speaker 6: He puts the mask on because he's ashamed of his disfigured face.
Speaker 2: Why didn't he puts the mask?
Speaker 1: I think he's waiting because he thinks the wild might put him.
Speaker 2: In Wow Jesus emergency goalie.
Speaker 5: Yep, Nope, that's when it's time to go to work. I mean usually it's funny. Any Friday the Thirteenth film, if you see people throwing the boots, you know, if they're going.
Speaker 1: To die, you know, die doing what you love, you know, I mean, that's right. This is what Jason says after he puts his mask on.
Speaker 2: All right, good morning.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, sounds nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah he does. I mean, yeah, it sounds friendly.
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 2: Unless you're Chris Thomason, good call back point. He hated that he did. Mike hated Chris Thomas. Yeah, I believe so, yes, yeah, yeah, all right, feeling should be calling pretty shortly, he so.
Speaker 6: But instead of doing what really matters, let's let's hear your review of the Springsteen film quickly. Jeremy Allen White as Bruce Springsteen. Yeah, from the Bear and Shameless and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I am not surprised that it's not done great at the box office, and I'm not surprised that some people don't like it, because it it's if you go to this, expect to get to be. This is how Bruce became a superstar. Watch his journey through rock and roll history and the feel good story of overcoming the odds and being a giant rock star. Right, it's not that at all. It is h He's already a rock star, and it is him finally coming to terms with his mental health issues. And it is from somebody who's battled my issues my whole life. It's brilliant, It's perfectly done. The tone of the movie is spectacular. There's a little boy that plays young Bruce. I don't think I've ever seen anybody communicate with their eyes the way he does. There are there were three moments where I was glad there were only six people in the theater because I heave cried. I mean heave cried. It is and that dude, man, Jeremy Allen White is great. It took a few moments, like maybe for the first seven or eight minutes, I was thinking, not what should just do his own voice instead of trying to do Bruce. After about seven eight minutes in, I forgot it was an actor. It was He's brilliant. The guy who plays Jim Landau, John Landau, should say, and he's the kid from the movie the TV show you guys like about our family Severance, That.
Speaker 2: Dude, you mean succession, success, Jeremy Strong.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Strong. He will win the Oscar for his role as John landall Here's my observation, though, if you guys don't mind me being serious for a moment, as I'm watching this entire show and I'm watching him deal with the issues he has and him come to terms with his father and realizing that, hey, I have issues because of my dad, but my dad has issues because of his dad, and on and on and on, and somebody's got to stop it, right, I thought to myself over and over again. I've been really lucky because I've got a great support system, and you know, people like Sarah Jane who believed me even though she didn't have had no reason to. You know, even guys like you, my boss is here at the station right If when you continue to get lucky and you have certain splashes of success, even on our level, people tolerate you more and your craziness, you know. And if you're on Bruce Springteens Springsteen's level, everybody tolerates you because you're an artist. And now you see a lot of that with John Landau and everybody around him. People Mark Maron has a little role, but it's a really great role. And and he's got a best friend who drives him across the country and and and helps him as he's going through this. But for people out there, who aren't able to write Born to Run. You don't have that support system, man, And that's the thing that I kept coming back to and again, even for me, I'm so lucky because certain people have believed in me and have maybe tolerated my intricacies because I was so driven to succeed and I've met people like you guys and have had a little bit of success here and there. The people that I really ache for, the people who are going to their their job today. You know that they hate trying to figure out how to tolerate the issues that they either were born with or were given and they don't have the support system because they didn't right Born to Run, you know. And I think that's really why we really have to be there for each other, you know, to try to tolerate and understand and say, Okay, that dude over there or that lady over there, that person they're freaking me out that I don't know what's going on with that person. But instead of saying I'm just going to leave you alone, I don't want to be around you, maybe just reach out. And it's not your job, it's nobody's job. You got your own issues. I get it, but I just we have to. I think, especially people in your family, are in your sphere, or maybe the guy at work, you know, the gal who obviously is going through something, ask them how they're doing and really want to know the answer.
Speaker 2: That's all well said, well said.
Speaker 1: So they'll win a lot of award. They should win a lot of awards. That dude is so good. Yeah, he's so good man And gosh, there's a scene Corey at at a at a middle of nor County fair. I don't think I've ever There's no one talking. It's just Jeremy Allen Strong looking over to al Capone. I'm sorry, Jeremy Allen White looking over at al Capone, who plays his dad. What's this guy's name?
Speaker 2: Stems there's nothing he's ever been in.
Speaker 1: He's not great. Yeah, he's Bruce Springsteen's dad, and and Bruce looks over at his dad. I can't even talk about it. It's such a moment. It's one of the most on point depictions of mental health struggles I've ever seen. And so I understand, not year, not just that. I understand if some people see it as it's just a whiny movie about a rock star having a hard time with because of his dad. I completely get that. And this is how I start my mental health speeches. John. You know you you tried to set it up as best you can and and not lower lure people to sleep right away. You know you try to. But what I always say at the very beginning is I'm here for for to talk about mental health issues and and and to try to help people come out of the darkness into the light. But I'm also here to talk to you people who have to deal with us who have no idea sure how to do it. Because you know, congratulate good for you. I'm very truly, very happy for you that you don't understand.
Speaker 5: Right right, That's great that because it is easy then for people to go, well, this doesn't apply to me.
Speaker 1: I'm going to yeah, right that that's the point. And again I'm so happy for you. You don't understand, but you're gonna have to deal with a bunch of us who are struggling. Here's here's my version of how to help and and and how to tolerate us. Even more, I can't imagine how hard this to deal with me sometimes I can't imagine. So I understand if people don't get it. Completely because it's pretty heavy but is a beautiful movie. I say that underlining it one hundred times. But don't go there without expecting to cry.
Speaker 2: No, last week was when it came out. I believe it's.
Speaker 1: Two weeks ago, because no, no, it was last week we were in Vegas orright, No, no, yeah, I don't know either last week or two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Awesome. I wonder how it's doing. Have you heard numbers or I know.
Speaker 1: It didn't do really well opening weekend.
Speaker 2: But that's a weird time of year though. Sure, I feel like, but we've talked so much about this kind of film with mister Z that these are the kind of movies thirty years ago everybody would have gone to the theater too. Now these aren't necessarily the draws because these are the movies you're like, well, I can just wait till it's streaming, I'll watch it at home, right right. You go to the theater for the big blockbuster action films, the Marvel movies, the Star Wars, the other ones are hard to get people to the theater. There's only been a handful of hits that aren't giant, big box office films. The rest of them are just wait till they hit Netflix, wait till they hit Prime. Yeahp you know my mental health issue. As soon as he said Jeremy Allen White, I don't know why I thought of his initials would be j A W. And I'm like, if he has a kid, he's got to name it Jeremy Allen White Jr. So he can be Jeremy Allen White Senior, so his initials can be jaws.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not what you're going to touch.
Speaker 2: I thought about that for about ten straight minutes.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say you thought about Dave Schwartz because.
Speaker 2: I don't think about Dave Schwartz. No, because of the Bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why. That's exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm still gott to watch this latest season. I don't know what I'm taking so long. It's great.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Adam Feeling seen it. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I remember we once told that I'm feeling to watch the Bear. We once suggested that, right, Adham, I think we did.
Speaker 9: You did. I'm that's on my list. I haven't got to it yet, but I do need to watch it.
Speaker 5: How many are ahead of it right now on that list that it's down?
Speaker 9: Probably it's probably number too. I actually don't think there's a number one.
Speaker 1: So, oh got it. You're busy right now, is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Plus is Halloween, man, I me come home.
Speaker 2: Man, the best time for the kiddos. Man, And you have you have kids in the right age range at him too, right, they must be super pumped for tonight. It's a Friday too, no school tomorrow. It's the best.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, they're extremely pumped. They already, they both are. All three of my kids have like three different costumes because they just take all theirs from previous years, you know, hand me down ones, and they think it's the coolest thing to dress up every day they get home from school. So we've already had a lot of dressed up Halloween. But tonight will be a fun night all the cousins and we'll get together and go go get as much candy as bossible.
Speaker 2: And do you remember how many years ago was it you were still with the Vices. It was before you went to Carolina. Do you remember that season? It was like two or three or four years ago where every holiday the Vikes had a game. It was like Halloween, Thanksgiving. It was like a nightmare schedule for probably you being away from the family for all the holiday, but hey, you don't have to go to Detroit I assume until Saturday, so perfect timing tonight.
Speaker 9: It is honestly the holiday games I actually really enjoy, except for Halloween. But like Thanksgiving, play on Thanksgiving up the whole weekend with the family. You actually get more time with the family always, which actually works out pretty good. The same thing with like Christmas. You know, you play and then you get the weekend off of It's like a Thursday game. I think we play on Christmas this year on Thursday, and then you get the whole weekend. It's like it's almost even better. So I don't I don't mind those games. But Halloween it's tough. It's tough to miss that night with the kids.
Speaker 5: So last week's game, Adam was obviously a tough one. Nothing went right. So how do you guys bounce back from that? Is it one that you just throw it out and say forget it ever happened and let's focus on the next week. Or were you guys having to watch a bunch of film and sort of soak in it.
Speaker 9: Yeah? No, I think it's it's probably better to talk about it, maybe get a little bit more detailed in the film study, maybe a little bit more aggressive from the coaches as far as how they approach, you know, talking about the film and things like that, and then get just get back on the grass. I think that's the best thing you can do as an athlete after a tough performance individually or a tough performance as a team, is just get back on the grass, Go bust your butt, go put your head to the stone, and just figure out a way to get better individually, and then again just get back out there on Sunday at the end of the day. It's easy to forget about the game once to get back out there in the next one, right because everyone else forgets about it and it doesn't matter anymore. So that's what we're excited about. We've had a great week of practice of just getting after it and doing everything we can to put our best foot forward against a really, really good football team. And that's probably another great thing is it's not like we're just playing a random team. We're playing a division eployment who's kind of had this division on lock. So we know we got to bring our best. We know that we had to prepare with our best effort this week and excited for that challenge.
Speaker 2: Adam, what have you seen from JJ McCarthy behind the scenes getting ready for this game on Sunday and just in general as he's been hurt for the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 9: I think this week, just his attitude and just his attention to detail. It's not just a guy who's just kind of going through the emotions or or just trying to do his job. It's it's a guy who's doing it with an intentionality and an attitude, which is one of the things that stuck out to me when I first met JJ and was able to throw throw with him in the summers. It's just his attitude, Like it's an infectious kind of positive but competitive attitude that he brings to his his work, you know, and and how he approaches the game. So that's what I've seen from him. Excited to see it, you know, kind of come to Fruition on Sunday and see what happens. But when when that ball comes spinning out of his hand, it's it's different. So excited to see that on game day.
Speaker 6: Adam, tell me if any of this is wrong, but is the playbook different? Now than it was like five or six weeks ago for JJ. You know, were those first two games like a warm up period where they were trying to get him as comfortable as possible and now they can open it up, or was it opened up six weeks ago.
Speaker 9: Well, that usually comes to life on game day, you know, for us. During the week, it's you're kind of just practicing all the plays and kind of getting the whole game plan together, and then it really depends on how coach wants to call a game, of how aggressive he's going to be with the play calling or if he's gonna, you know, keep it more simple or just get him kind of going a little bit. So that that kind of comes to fruition on Sunday. But as of right now, it doesn't seem any different for us as far as how we're kind of preparing for third downs and red zone this today, it's kind of seems very similar to what it's been all season.
Speaker 1: At any point, did you feel like maybe walking over to Carson and just giving him a hug.
Speaker 9: No, Usually in those situations, I give those guys space because they want to talk to anybody, man. But I did hear some moaning and groaning on the sideline that I just had to go check out and make sure everything's good.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, you guys play through pain. That's that's why you make big money. That's part of the mentality. That's why I sit in this chair and I'm not doing what you do. Along with the fact that I run about a nine to five forty, but that's an immense amount of pain on his face. And then you hear about the injuries. I can't believe he played through what he played through. And I know people have said it at nauseum this week, but feel free to say it again. How tough is that guy?
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's tough. He's tough, and he proved it obviously the last few weeks. And I think that means a lot to your teammates. I think when you play it through stuff like that, you got it out, you try to do whatever it takes to help your team win. That that stuff means more than giving a motivational speech, right That that stuff really shows how much you care about the team and not just yourself. Because he easily could have taken himself on a I'm gonna go get surgery, do my thing, and knowing would have blinked, But that just shows a lot about who he is and and you know, his team mentality. So a lot of appreciation for him over the last two weeks and and just getting to know him over you know whatever nine weeks that that I've been here. So uh, just definitely thankfully on our team.
Speaker 2: For correct me if I'm wrong again. I don't know if we've asked you this in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: Have you got a good look at either of Will Rekerd's kicks that have controversially maybe hit a wire or not.
Speaker 2: Do you have a take on those wire kicks?
Speaker 9: I believe the first one for sure hit the wire.
Speaker 2: Even live.
Speaker 9: I was like that was that something was weird about that, and then obviously all the clips after. I'm not sure about the other one, but definitely the first one interesting.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's It's one of the things that we were stuck on on. Definitely I was stuck on on the first one. Was that there wasn't more outrage from Reikerd himself, and I would think that he would be the one that would have seen it hit a wire, But I just can't believe at him that the wires are even on that half of the field and even remotely near where the ball could go, and maybe that's something the NFL is going to have to look into.
Speaker 9: Yeah, supposedly, I think they've had another issue with it. And maybe maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm just making this up, but I feel like they've had another issue in the past and the international games with it. So maybe it's something different with who's operating it. Maybe not as much experience with operating that. But I don't think there's been really any issues in any game other than the international game. So yeah, like you said, I I really don't get it. Well how it could even be close, especially on a field goal, right, but but yeah, it definitely looked like I hit it.
Speaker 6: That makes sense, all right, man, Best of luck on Sunday, get out there and hopefully JJ Sling's it get in the ends on a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Man, good luck against the Lions. We'll talk to you next week, buddy.
Speaker 7: So yep, all right, thanks guy, friends at the Fling Foundation and ETS Performance Dealing Foundation and ETS Performance.
Speaker 2: I always wanted that.
Speaker 5: I mean, that game last week was so bad, Like it's one of those that wonder like to you just throw it out and say forget it?
Speaker 2: Or do they?
Speaker 5: I mean it sounds like they did get a little bit of a rough talking, which they deserve. You know, the coaching staff deserves a rough talking as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and this is a rough schedule the rest of the way. Say, it's not going to get any easier. He just said it. You know, you don't get to walk into a cream puff here. This is the Lions. You don't Lion, You're not the Packers. You don't get to host Carolina at home? Is that right? Think about that? The Green Bay Packers are one loss away from losing to that terrible Browns team, from being like six to zero and one. Yeah, yeah, no, butterfly affect and all that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tigers crazy to play scheduled though too, That's.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, probably we do.
Speaker 1: I doubt them.
Speaker 6: What really matters is next scores and stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks Adam Thalan Moore. The power Trip won't enjoy after this. I'm a fan. Hello. Babies cry and that's normal. But if you're feeling overwhelmed, it's okay to step away.
Speaker 8: Never shake a baby. Shaking can kill in one and four don't survive. Survivors often face permanent brain damage. Learn more and give today at never shakemn dot com.
Speaker 2: Let's do what really matters.
Speaker 6: Scores AND's deaths around the world of sports, and in between crys will change your life with something else that has nothing to do with professional ramage athletics. Man, Okay, you're up or it's my turn?
Speaker 2: Six? Following George Carlin World Series Game what does he do? What's socking him? World Series Game six is tonight that Toronto Blue Jays can put away the Los Angeles Dodgers of Anaheim. Toronto's up three games, so too.
Speaker 6: Toronto trying to win their first World Series title since nineteen ninety three. The Dodgers are trying to win their first World Series title since last year.
Speaker 1: You guys don't seem to care about how big this is.
Speaker 2: It's a World Series, man, you know, I mean like.
Speaker 1: If Toronto beats lost, come on.
Speaker 2: That'd be great. I thought it'd be a sweep cheering for the Blue Jays for surely.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about baseball, and I didn't know they still had a team in Canada.
Speaker 2: Oh really, vibration, But you get my point, Chris. How many teams, yeah, do they have in Canada.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that is a great question that we both know that I know, so you should ask Sauce that because I don't think he knows.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want me to ask him. He wants me to ask you because it's too easy for me to say baseball teams are in Canada? One?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 9: Is he right?
Speaker 2: One? Is he right? What's so funny? What did I do your chest?
Speaker 7: Is he right?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm gonna season those things? Are you okay? Is he right? One? Final answer?
Speaker 1: Thanks Bono?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, Scott stabbed. What are you guessing? One? Which one? Toronto? That's the only one? Yeah? How sure are you? I'm ninety nine point nine percent sure. Best of luck to Canada's team, the Toronto Blue Jays? Is there one? Also? It's funny.
Speaker 5: Stood by what you thought? You second guessed it like crazy, But he had the end stood by it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he did, but he did.
Speaker 5: But people are treating this like a David versus Goliath. Though the Blue Jays have a two hundred and thirty nine million Yeah, it's the fifth most. So it's although for baseball, the best thing might be Dodgers winning the World Series like five years in a row. Then maybe the other teams will agree to some type of revenue sharing and salary cap the majority enough teams to actually make a change, because this is.
Speaker 2: How this is how baseball lives. Jackson, Great, that's pretty good. Care, thankes the little sound effect.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought you sat on your nutsack or kicked a dog?
Speaker 2: Why would I kick a dog?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're Halloween knows you can utsack? Yeah, because it's Do I look like the kind of guy that would kick dogs? No, you could a guy that would sit on his own nuts set. Does anybody here look like the kind of guy that would kick it?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: Be honest? No criesel Oh that dog would feel some You do it on purpose? He's just you know, so you're saying John's not aware of his legs.
Speaker 5: By lack of agility and prosthetic legs. Yes, why what happened?
Speaker 1: What really matters is this you're real jigglow?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Thanks David lerat that get that right. Nothing worse than a fake jigglo? Is that the truth? What fake? Why is that you guys are all coming to help? What?
Speaker 1: What that's true?
Speaker 2: Yeap.
Speaker 1: On this date in the year eighteen hundred, John Adams jingle Heimerschmidt.
Speaker 2: His name is my name too, became the first.
Speaker 1: President to ever live in the White House in Washington.
Speaker 2: D c oh who lived there before him two hundred and twenty five years ago? Were the previous owners? Good to the place?
Speaker 1: Don't know?
Speaker 2: M mmmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: They caught on fire. Remember when they lit it on fire.
Speaker 2: Oh that's usually what happens. Yeah, who lit it on fire?
Speaker 1: English?
Speaker 2: Oh? Not the English? Yeah? Oh well, how'd that work out? I did not know that.
Speaker 1: They almost won? Oh, Dolly Madison had to get a bunch of real famous portrait and stuff out of there.
Speaker 2: She did it. Pull your hands up, Dolly Madison? Would your first lady?
Speaker 1: I like her donuts?
Speaker 2: Wow, Dolly Madison, let's see what she feel?
Speaker 1: Looks like they don't have any pictures ever, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dolly Madison murders.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know you know about those No, Yeah, it's got some rocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Say when they burned down her house, they pissed off the wrong hooker.
Speaker 6: Nebraska and Matt Rule signed a two year extension through twenty thirty two, increasing his buyout from five million to fifteen million, which.
Speaker 2: According to sources, basically excludes him now from jumping ship. He was connected to Penn State for a lot of weeks. Here sounds like he's staying in Nebraska. What really matters, though, is this gentleman.
Speaker 1: An animal named Brittany is recovering from what the zoo in Miami cause a remarkable and traumatic ordeal. Brittany was found. I'm forgetting shot in the eye and having a fishing spear lodged in her head?
Speaker 2: Was she is? What kind of animal do you think Brittany is shot in the eye having a fishing spear in her head? Yeah, a seal. She's got to be a larger animal to survive that. A dolphin. Just from a rose.
Speaker 1: Of the great songs about and there's a if you haven't watched The Exploder or what is it Explorer, I don't like those movies song Exploder on that song shows.
Speaker 2: Great episode of like you guys's thought process that this is a marine animal of some kind because there's a fishing spirit somewhere near it.
Speaker 10: Right, Yeah, so yep, walrus, sea lion, dolphin, dolphin, penguin, killer whale.
Speaker 2: I'm going seal. I like the seal I'm going dolphin.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: I said, I'm going shark Brittany.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be blind and left eye for the rest of your life. But Brittany is showing encouraging signs of recovery, maybe to be released back into the while at some point. Brittany is an American crocodile. Alison, There couldn't be a worst name for a crocodile. Briney is a good creature. And maybe Brady the crocodile is a specific kind of crocodile that doesn't want to eat you.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's not it's Brittany bitch, But I think it's because I don't believe Britain. I don't think that's Britney's born name. You know, I don't think they. I think they gave that to her when they found her with a bullet in her head. Yeah, but I'm asking, and I hate to be this person. I don't mean the victim shame. But what did Brittany do?
Speaker 2: What did she leave Brittany alone to.
Speaker 1: Get a spear in her head? You know she was trying to eat somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's crocodile nature.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 8: Well, she got hit in the first eye and then she said, hit me baby one more time.
Speaker 2: That's clever, and you know she cried right and the crocodile tears aren't fulling wearing then out she was not Lucky. Brittany was a great song. Oh God, so good. It's one of her worst, A phenomenal karaoke song. Do not that song sucks? Hit me Baby one more time as an absolute banks out to shoot you with a spear and maybe like a song channel. She's a star. Yeah, cry do you.
Speaker 1: Watch one for crying?
Speaker 8: Stronger is one of her best to Stronger such a good of course you hate Lucky like things, you hate good things, don't like things.
Speaker 2: He's got some bangers, Lucky one of them. Lucky's her best song. It's not close toxic, Oh toxic. Now we're talking toxic plays. I'm going to put you in the flight attendant to.
Speaker 1: In the corner that works in the corner.
Speaker 2: Halloway, and I'm not doing Blair's Halloween no thank you.
Speaker 1: Oh by the way, the breakdown on that podcast we like about movies about Blair Wick went wrong fantastic. A lot of things about that movie I didn't know. Do you know, they use their real names, the actors, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and so it's so it seemed more natural, so we wouldn't have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it ruined their lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be too weird, because after a year or two, I think all of us forgot who was in that movie. Yeah, just Randos.
Speaker 1: They the movie made a lot of money. The actors did not, and they also didn't own the rights to their own names after the studio did.
Speaker 2: Oh no, the stuff you never think.
Speaker 1: About, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: You should listen to. It's pretty fascinating and it makes you hate movie studios. Makes you wonder if they're called iHeart movie Studio.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Damn, which is nothing like or iHeart Radio.
Speaker 2: No, not even close like that. It's just you wearing that wig too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm in disguise. Hockey didn't say that was some guy with weird hair.
Speaker 2: She changed her name, had to change her name. Yeah, she changed her name. Lucky God John John NodD in his head. You're with me. We don't need the story beforehand. No, you don't need to tell me what's the It's clearly going to be about a girl named Just read the rest of the lyrics. It's so good.
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear about the labor pains. Give me the goddamn baby, well said.
Speaker 2: Stock.
Speaker 1: Can I prep things?
Speaker 2: God? Can?
Speaker 1: I can I bring some chips and dip watch.
Speaker 2: If you're interested in that process. By the way, just knock on my door tonight. That's correct. I'll take a picture of it for you. Guys. You got to see it.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 6: Man did a great job. It's awesome. It's just undeniable. So it's exactly like the show Crazy.
Speaker 8: Does it make a better door than a window?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it, baby, What have we got? Like three weeks before that final season starts? I think it's around Thanksgiving that the Stranger Things final season starts wrapping up. I think they're going to release it in two or three waves over the course of about a month. Season. Is that? I'm like six this? Yeah, it's the show's fantastic. Man, if you've never watched it, it's really good. Task is next for us? Oh dude, now that's one thousand out of ten. Were getting lucky? We are going to watch please, I don't like you anymore. That'll be finet a vagina door at my house. I'm fine. News is next? This is the power Trip Morning Show on the fan