Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk. Here we go again.
Speaker 2: We're getta running Back.
Speaker 3: Hosted by Dodgers Saint Cider David Bassett.
Speaker 1: Three in the Mix. Dodger Talk is brought to.
Speaker 3: You by La County Public Works Champions Recycled beverage Containers, make the play Recycle Today, and by Children's Hospital LA from Colds to Cancer.
Speaker 1: We got this to get in on the show called.
Speaker 3: Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seven Day and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. And now your host, here's Tim kakes Well.
Speaker 2: Welcome in to Off Night Dodger Talk on this beautiful Thursday night, May the twenty first, twenty twenty six, and off night for your Los Angeles Dodgers as they'll continue their nine game road trip tomorrow in Milwaukee. And what a road trip it has been, Dodger fans. A sweep of the Angels over the weekend in Anaheim and then they go down to San Diego drop the series opener one to nothing in a pitchers duel between Michael King and Yoshinobu Yamamoto. They bounce back on Tuesday, getting to Mason Miller the ninth inning with a five to four win, and then last Night All About Show, Hey Otani two way show as he hits a leadoff home runn of the first and then five shutout innings. The bullpen did the rest of the way, and the Dodgers a five to one road trip so far, as they head to Milwaukee and what should be a great three game series against the Milwaukee Brewers. Eight six, six, nine, eight seven two five seventy. Get in now, as we'll have time to take your phone calls here early in this show, James Tibbs the Third is going to join us, coming up in about fifteen minutes or so. James TIBs the Third the Dodgers one of their top outfields, twenty three year old they got last year in the trade for Dustin May a former first round pick of the San Francisco Giants a year ago. Been traded twice and the Dodgers landed him and they are lucky to have him. What a great spring he had at Camel Back Ranch. With the major league team opened up a lot of eyes. I know a lot of you Dodger fans have been asking about James Timms the third. He hit seven home runs in the first ten days of the season in Triple A, hitting over three hundred right now, having himself a really good twenty twenty six season in Triple A. To think, he started last year in High A ball, finished in Double A. Now he's in Triple A. He's only twenty three years old, and again he is knocking on the door to the Major League. There's no room for James TIMPs to third right now, but if something were to open up because of an injury or whatnot, you know that he is going to be the first one ready to go and get called up from Triple A because of the season he is having and they like him an awful lot. So we'll hear from James Tim's the third coming up in just a little bit. We'll get you a full farm report as well, coming up at about seven to forty five as we get ready for a lookdown on what is happening from TRIPLEA Oklahoma City all the way down to Ontario and the tower buzzers, but a plenty of your time for your phone calls. Let's dive into it right now as the Dodgers a one and a half game lead in the division going in tomorrow till Milwaukee and against a first place Milwaukee Brewers team in the NL Central, and it is gonna be like it was in the playoffs, a good showdown with good pitching and good strong hitting and two really good lineups on both sides. Pat Murphy, he knows how to coach. This guy is a winner or wherever he has been, and he has been sensational with Milwaukee since Craig Council left to go to Chicago. So we expect three exciting games from Milwaukee. First pitch tomorrow is coming up at four forty with Justin Robluski scheduled to get the start. The Dodgers had some injury news on Tuesday with the surgery to Blake Snell. He had a couple of loose bodies removed him his left throwing elbow, and much has been talked about the last week with this nanoscope procedure. These bodies that have been removed from the elbow. Now three pitchers this year that at least I know of, and when Diaz had it last month, the Dodger reliever is gonna be out until after the All Star break. Trek Scuolbell had it done back on May sixth, So what just three weeks ago. Tarrek Scooble is back throwing now, in case you've missed it. And I bring this up because certainly every arm injury is different, every surgery is different. Terrek Scoobel had one body removed from the elbow. He used to call him bone chips. He had one body removed from the elbow. Well, Blake Snell had a couple removed by doctor Neil la Trash. Is there significant? Who knows? But Trek Scoulble today through a third bullpen session for the Detroit Tigers, and if he pretty much had the same or similar surgery to what Blake Snell had, we can sort of look at their timelines sort of similarly. Right, Blake Snell is scheduled to come back. I don't know in a couple of months. Terry Scouble since May six has now thrown three bullpen sessions. Today a thirty five pitch bullpen session. He had a couple of updowns to simulate pitching in a game. Now, he'll travel with the team this weekend as they hit the road to go to Baltimore, and he'll be looked at further by their medical staff and they're gonna determine what the next step is. As far as Tarrek Schouoble, is it a simgame, is it a longer bullpen session? Certainly he's got to build his way back up and you're not gonna rush the guy. But it is interesting, three weeks removed from a nanoscope surgery, the one that's very similar, if not the same, to what Blake Snell had on Tuesday, could we then start to put similar timelines together for these two pitchers. Again, everybody's different, everybody heals different, every surgery is different, but we can kind of gauge, right what a timeline might look like. And if Terry Scougle, who had a non invasive procedure done the nanoscope, the same thing that was done to Blake Snell on Tuesday, could we see some similarities? I hope.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are certainly keeping their fingers crossed. But at this point, right now, the Dodgers are looking at a more near return for Tyler glassnew as opposed to Blake Snell. And that's also a reason why the Dodgers went out and got Eric Lauer that like they did just a week ago off of waivers and then claimed a minor league trade with the Toronto Blue Jays and hopes to build up some death and in fact he's going to be starting for the Dodgers on Tuesday, and then we turn home and taste on the Colorado Rockies. We'll see Eric Lawer the newest Dodger in this rotation to again make it a six man Dodgers rotation, so again could be good news. We'll keep an eye on Trek Scooble and what's happening with the left hander for the Detroit Tigers because again could show a similar timeline to how long Blake Snell is going to be out. No new update on Tyler Glass. Now still throwing off flat ground, so he's able to come off the eligible to come off the injured list this weekend. It is not trending in that direction. It is not happening, let's just be honest. So it has now been pushed back even further. Now, somebody to keep an eye on who will be eligible to come off the injured list when the Dodgers return home on Monday against the Rockies. Keithk Hernandez, who has been in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City playing for the comments playing for little with third base, playing the outfield, playing multiple positions like Keik can do, getting his at bats in, and Kei k is scheduled to come off the injured list again early next week on Monday. He could be back with the Dodgers. Will they bring him back as soon as he's able to come off the il well. Key k Hernandez was on with Petro Some Money last month in a really cool in depth inside the locker room interview with Key k and he looked at that day when he can come off the injured list, and the twenty fourth has already kind of been circled. Is to day he could come off the injured list. The Dodgers will be on the road, So Monday, Memorial Day could be the day we see Key k Hernandez come off the injured list. And then again we're looking at a roster move. What would that roster move be? What are the Dodgers gonna do? They do very well at juggling the roster and making sure that they are at the best they can be and guys get the proper rest. So maybe it's an eel stent for somebody, but again, just something to keep an eye on as far as the injuries are concerned. Blake Snell, Tarrek Scubel similar surgeries. Will keep an eye on Arry Scoobl's return and how that could affect Blake Snell's return. Tyler Glass now not going to come off the injured list this weekend. He is not close, even though the backspasmens have flared down for the most part. And again and key k Hernandez Dodger fans key K will be back, and it's trending like he'll be back for the next home stand against the Colorado Rockies. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Eight sixty six nine to eight seven two five seventy is the number if you want to jump on board again. James Tips the third, we'll talk to him coming up a little bit later this hour. And then we got a farm report coming up as well. For you. Do you realize what shoe Otani did last night in San Diego? He hit a home run to lead off the game. He's now hit twenty one leadoff home runs, tiny with John Peterson for third all time for the La Dodgers. But then goes out and throws five shutout and he's lowering his ERA to zero point seventy three. Do you realize what kind of category he is in? What kind of status he has now put himself in. Six pitchers in the history of the game through the eight starts of his season have had a sub one er like Showeo time has. Two of them are now Dodgers Show Hey Otani and Fernando Valenzuela. The great Fernando back in nineteen eighty one had the start of a career at the start of the season that may never be duplicated, and he had a point zero five ERRA through the first eight starts of his rookie season there in nineteen eighty one, that is best all time. But now show Heyotani here in twenty twenty six through eight starts has an ERA of zero point seven to three. That is pretty impressive company to be in line with there Fernando Valenzuela, now show Heyotani. Two Dodger starting pitchers, sixth total in the history of the game have had ras sub one in their first eight starts of the season. Pretty rare company. He is certainly in no doubt about that, but also even more rare. And to show even more how much show Aotani is a unicorn. A handful of players in the history of game have let off while serving as a starting pitcher. I mean, you can literally count him on your hand. None of ever homer to start a game. Sho Hao Tani has now done it twice in his Dodger career. He did it in Game four of the NLCS last year, and then he did it again last night. I mean, it's pretty remarkable to see what Shoho Tani has done as a player. And again we know how special he is. We know what he could do as a unicorn of a player on the mound and as a hitter a sub one era, as a pitcher and now the only player that's homered to lead off a game while also be in the starting pitcher. Again, just stupid numbers, stupid things that he continues to put up at ridiculous amounts to show him how good he is. Last night, he was fantastic. The Dodgers shut out the Padres four nothing but I don't think Dodger fans realize as good as his offense has been and Kyle Tucker's heating up to Oscar Hernandez Droven a couple more. Last night show Ay is Show, Hey, Mookie had himself a good couple of games in San Diego. He is now starting to turn the corner offensively and get that average up. The Dodgers' bullpen, Don't look now, is one of the best in baseball here in twenty twenty six. After last night's four shutout innings from Bengardo Enriquez, Blake trin In, Kyle Hurt, and Will Klein, the Dodgers bullpen collectively has now twenty nine consecutive scoreless innings. It's the longest streak for a Dodgers' bullpen since nineteen eighty eight, third longest since moving to Los Angeles. And they're doing it without Edwin Diaz, who they went out and gotten free agency to be that closer again this year. Because of the ups and downs and mostly downs of last year in Tanner Scott, they went out and got another arm to be the closer. He gets hurt and what happens The Dodgers now collectively have one of the best, if not the best bullpen in baseball, with Kyle Hurt emerging as a go to high leverage reliever late in the game again fantastic last night. Will Klein and his sweeper continues to fool hitters at Gardo and Riquez, And I mean this in a nice comparison, is the new Bruce dar Grattle and Bruce dar Snake bit with injuries, tried to come back in Triple A and his back is now bothering him. He's had shoulder fatigue, now his back is bothering again. He hasn't pitched in the game since the postseason of twenty twenty four, so it is not looking good for Bruce darr coming back. But in his absence last year at Gardo and Riquez, big strong, right handed thrower, one hundred plus miles an hour electric fastball, well, he's zoned in on his off speed pitches now and his control, and Guardo and Riquez has turned into that Bazuka, that hard throwing right hander one hundred miles an hour plus. Blake Trinan not asked to do too much go out there, just put up zeros when it asked Upawn this Dodgers' bullpen is turned into an elite bullpen here in twenty twenty six. And when you add to that a starting pitching staff that has cooled off, the numbers are starting to come down. But at one point to start the season, the first six weeks, they were pitching into the fifth and sixth inning deeper than they pretty much any other team in the National League as far as starting pitches and concern alleviating some of the work that the bullpen had to do. You add strong starting pitching and a dominant bullpen. I mean, this Dodger pitching staff is clicking right now as we get ready to head into Memorial Day weekend, and right now at one and a half game lead for the Dodgers going into Milwaukee in what should be a thrilling series eight to sixty six, nine eighty seven, two, five, seventy the other big thing in baseball through the quarter mark of this season, we just passed the quarter mark way of the twenty twenty six season, Dodgers thirty one and nineteen overall on the year. So what is that fifty games now? In I wasn't a math major, but I could add, right, thirty one and nineteen. That's fifty games. The Dodgers and the ABS. The Automated Ball Strike System. Now, I don't know how you feel about it. I know I'm in love with it. I think what Rob Manford and baseball as a whole have done the last few years have absolutely been home runs, no pun attended. They have absolutely hit it out of the park. As far as helping the game at baseball, the pitch clock, the three batter minimum, and now the ABS, it has been fantastic for the game. You're seeing the younger pitches already adapted to it. You're seeing the ABS challenge system work like it's supposed to. But you're also seeing a shift in the game. You're seeing the game change right in front of your eyes. Now, the number aren't dramatic, and we all love numbers, they aren't dramatic right now. As far as okay, are walks up? Are walks down? Our strikeouts up? Our strikeouts down? Where are we As far as balls put into play run scored? It's still early to figure that out. The numbers are, you know, a tick up, tick down no matter where you look. But the Dodgers as a whole with the ABS have been fantastic, top ten in baseball in total challenge success nearly sixty percent of the time they're successful. The pitcher catcher challenge success for the Dodgers top five in baseball at sixty six percent. The batter challenge success still top ten in baseball, but at only forty nine percent individually. Will Smith, Dodger catcher, an elite framer, doesn't need to be that anymore because of the automated ball strike system. It has changed the way catching is done. No longer can you steal strikes in the major leagues. No longer is it all about catch framing, catching the ball and stealing a strike, getting that glove back into the zone so it appears to be a strike and catch a strikeout or catch a strike for your pitcher. Doesn't work that way anymore because the computer don't lie, because if you try to steal a strike, that batter could tap his helmet and call you out and the umpire out for a strikeout. No better example is that of Will Smith, who was one of the best and elite pitch framers in baseball. Now he's become one of the best challengers in baseball, successfully overturning nearly seventy five percent of the challenge calls. He is twenty nine of thirty eight this season, second catcher in baseball on successful challenges, only behind Wilson Contreres of the Milwaukee Brewers. Ta Oscar Hernandez, about as far as hitters are concerned, has challenged the ABS nine times. It's been successful six times. That's top ten in all of Major League Baseball. The ABS challenge system has resulted in a smaller, more literal strike zone. It's got a significant drop in catcher pitch framing value. Throw that out the window. Pitch framing is done. It was a fad for about eight years in baseball, but no more. The computer don't lie. That is big and it's changed the way pitchers attack strike zones. And I'm gonna use two different guys here, one Justin Robleski and the other being Blake Snell. Blake Snell made one start, got hurt again with the elbow. Well the day after his start, he talked with David Vase and we don't have time to get to it, but you can listen to it on the podcast on the iHeartRadio app. He went in depth about how the strikes in the last ten years has completely changed obviously, and the ABS for him, this is his first time pitching in the game back on May ninth, was hard for him because he couldn't get those calls on the and nibbling on the outside part of the plate, or get the high strike or the low striker or the inside strike, which he thought he would get and has gotten over the years, just weren't. They're not there anymore. So because of that, you have to pitch to the strike zone more, and you got to pitch into a hitter strike zone and get pitched to contact. Guy hit around a little bit more than usual. It's different for older pitchers. They're getting used to it. Blake Snell one start was just getting his feet wet. Justin Robleski, young pitcher, came up in the minor league system a couple of years ago when they were starting to use the ABS, and came up a couple of years ago when they were certainly using the pitch clock in the minor leagues. So he's adapted and used to both of them. And look at what Justin Robleski does. Attacks to strike zones, throw strikes, forces guys to try to swing and make contact, put the ball in play, there was an outing, he had a couple of starts ago right did not have a single strikeout, but he was pitching to contact and getting outs and getting through hitters. So I think as a whole we're gonna see strikeouts drop because of this ABS system, not dramatically, but you're gonna see more contact, more less swing and miss more contact in baseball. And as a fan, I think we could all agree that's a good thing. Right. We love strikeouts if your team is the pitcher throwing the strikeouts. But we all know we don't want to sit there a game where it's three hits and twenty six strikeouts combined between the two teams. We want a little offense. We want the ball in play. We want to see guys have to play defense. We want to see guys going and running, taking two on a ball hitting the gap. Those are the kind of things we want to see. And the ABS has completely flip the lid here on pitch framing and catch in baseball. And I think it's interesting to look at the numbers through the first fifty games of the season for the Dodgers, the first quarter point here of the season in Major League Baseball, and how it's changed. We saw the pitch clock change baseball last year for the better, the three pitch minimum, and I think now through the quarter point of the season, we are certainly seeing the benefits of the ABS eight six, six, nine, eighty seven two five to seventy. We'll try to get to your phone calls if we can. We got a farm report coming up and up next. Looking forward to talking to James Tibbs the Third. He's in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City, tearing the cover off the ball, having a great season. Started the year in a ball last year with the San Francisco Giants, traded to the Rofield Devers, deal to Boston and then traded for Dustin May to the Dodgers. Three teams in the last year. But he's found a home in this Dodger organization, a great spring with the major league team. And keep an eye on James tips the Third coming up to the Dodgers at any point this season. We'll talk to him next right here on off Night Dodger Talk. Thanks for being with us on A five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Off Night Dodger Talk continues here on AM five to seventy. LA Sports is the Dodgers, fresh off taking two of three in San Diego against the Padres, a game and a half lead in the division as a head to Milwaukee for a three game weekend set against the first place Brewers in the NL Central Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, getting it all started a three thirty tomorrow afternoon, four to forty. First pitch from Milwaukee. All right, we'll get back to your phone calls in a little bit. But a pleasure out to spend in a few minutes with one of the Dodgers' top minor league prospects. You heard his name all spring long for tearing it up in the Cactus League over in Arizona. He's off to a great start here in twenty twenty six in Triple A, Oklahoma City, with the comments he of courses Dodger outfielder James Tibbs the third and he joins us now here on off Night you talk, James, appreciate the time.
Speaker 1: How you doing, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 4: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Absolutely appreciate you coming on here on Dodger Talk. You're you're in Triple A, Oklahoma City. A great start to the season, you had the seven home runs in the first nine games.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: What has that jump been like for you at the Triple A level this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been. It's been interesting. I think, Uh, at triple you see a lot of guys with a lot of time in the big leagues and whether it be business players or pitchers, and you know, specifically on the pitching side, a lot of guys have a really good idea what they're doing on the mouth, and so it kind of creates a lot a lot more of a chess match for me and trying to figure out what they're doing, trying to figure out, you know, as they're trying to figure out what I'm doing. And it's just kind of the cat and mouse game that I love about, you know, baseball itself. And it's given me, giving me some some difficulties at times, but I think at the same time, it's kind of helped me understand, uh, even more, you know, about my game and about what makes me, you know, tick at the plate and how I can be the best that can be. So it's been it's been a lot of fun and I've really enjoyed it. Obviously, there's going to be ups and downs in the season and definitely been been in a couple ups and a couple of downs and trying to figure out how to you know, make those uh you know, learn from those and and be the best player I can be.
Speaker 2: We mentioned you had a great spring at Camelback ran shot over three hundred four home runs eleven RBIs.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: What was a message though from the Dodgers front office when they called you in and said you're going back to the minor league camp, You're going to start the year in Triple A Oklahoma City. What was the message they gave you to go work on, to go do, to go prepare for this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I just think it was continuing to work on the things we had really focused on spring training, which was, you know, the defensive versatility, playing in the outfield, playing multiple spots in the outfield, playing first base, be able to do those well because we really, uh we really value that, you know, as an organization, and so that's something that I take a lot of pride in and I really enjoyed. And so from that side of the of the ball. Definitely continue to work in those areas and making continue to make strides. I think they really liked where I was what was at defensively, but I think it's just continuing to make strides there. And I think the other thing was just continuing to work on the little things with my swing, trying to figure out, you know, we've made some swing adjustments in the off season, so trying to figure out where when things go wrong, what that looks like, and being able to minimize, you know, downstretches and continue to hit left your relievers, which is something that you know, I take a lot of pride in as well. So I think all, you know, all those things were things I already knew, which I was thankful for, but also things that I was excited to come and work on. And Okay, see, we'll.
Speaker 2: Go back to last year, James, if we can, a world win year for you. Thirteen months after you were drafted by the Giants, traded to the Red Sox, and then the Dodgers acquire you in the trade for Dustin May. Three teams in like forty seven forty eight days as a baseball player. What is that like for you? I mean, you're in your first full year of pro ball and now you're on your third organization. What was going through your mind.
Speaker 4: Who oh man, you got an hour? Yeah, yeah, I think it was. It was tough. You know, I think for a guy that ed played for three teams his whole life, you know, one college, one high school, and one travel ball organization, really it took a toll on me. You know, I didn't I didn't really know the business side of baseball, and so, uh, you know, from the outside looking in, it's like, well, you know, he got traded whatever. But for me, it was it was hard. You know, I had to really I really had to come to terms with you know, to grips with the situation and be like, look, I got two choices here. I can you know, feel sorry for myself for I can suck up and figure it out. And so the beauty of the way that uh, you know Rhymer and Blake Gayanners our heading coach and Tulsa you know put it, it was like, hey man, we just want you to be yourself. You know, we believe in you, we believe in what you do. And so it really gave me, you know a jolt of encouragement that kind of helped, you know, me kind of get back into the swing of things literally and figuratively and kind of how you know, help me, you know, figure out what I need to do, and and you know, they're just so good up and down. I think from the outside of perspective as somebody growing up, you know, watching baseball, you see the ability of the Dodgers to help, you know, get the best out of their players, and so to experience that myself was something that my family and I are very thankful for and it's been a blessing, you know, an answer to prayer, to say the least. So it was a lot. It was forty seven days went quick and three teams in that time. Was definitely something that I had to make an adjustment at. But I think coming into this year it was it was nice to be able to feel comfortable and feel wanted and feel loved and and and really kind of helped me and my confidence in the game and my ability to kind of come out there and compete every day.
Speaker 2: You mentioned the mental side of the game and the confidence you're playing with when you come to a team like the Dodgers and the coaching staff in Toulsa tells you what they told you, hate squatt and do what you did how you got here. How much does that take pressure off of you and relax you at the play. And did you noticeably see a change in the way you were playing?
Speaker 4: Absolutely one hundred percent. I mean I think that, you know, for them to say that that's not something that they owe me, you know, they don't. They don't owe me the things they've given me. And I think that's the beauty of the Dodgers is they're very upfront, they're very honest, but they're also very encouraging. And for them to do that, you know, from Rhyme's being you know, in charge of the farm and and and BG really taking you know, control of helping me get back to that swing. I mean, I remember we're sitting in corpus and and and uh you know that that first day it was my third game, and we took probably four or five hundred swings that day and they end up with with two homers that day. So it's just a testament to them all the way around of how good they are at, uh, you know, helping and and getting the best out of their players. I mean, I think the mental side of baseball is it's so cliche, but it's just the most important thing, you know, in this game. Because one hundred and fifty games, one hundred and sixty games. You have to figure out how to compete, you know, sometimes in bad circumstances. And so for them to give me that encouragement was it was a huge breath of fresh air. And I think from my family and I we are extremely appreciative of what they've done for us and how they've treated us, you know, coming to this organization.
Speaker 2: James Timm's the third with us here on Dodger Talk. Dodgers off their in Milwaukee tomorrow. James off to a great start in twenty twenty six, had a great spring at Campbell back Rams with the big league's team. How do you describe your game, James, who's the best comp in your mind to the way you play the game, the way you hit, the way you can kind of hit for power, the on base percentage, you kind of do it all as a hitter at the play in, as a corner outfielder. What's the best What's what's the best comp for James Timms the third?
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've heard John Peters.
Speaker 4: I don't mind that. I don't mind that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's not something that I've really ever thought of I really just like first, so it's embarrassing giving a comp of myself. But I also think that just you know, I just want to be the best player I could be, right and at the end of the day, like I'm just trying to compete into the mess of my ability with the gifts that the Lord has given me. And I hope that that's enough, you know. And so like you said, like I love getting on base, I love hitting the ball hard, I love hitting for average. Those are things that I take a lot of pride in. And playing good defense as well. Being able to be sufficient out there and make some above average place from time to time, I think is extremely important to me. So if I can do all those things, well, whoever you guys want to whoever anybody wants to comt me too, That's fine as long as I'm as long as I'm doing what I need to be doing.
Speaker 2: We mentioned the spring that you had in Arizona, and you were with the big league team for most of it. It's only your second year in pro ball and there you are sitting in the clubhouse, showy Otani, Freddie Freeman, Mookie Betts. What was that like for you? Was it an eye opening experience at first? At what point did you feel like, Okay, I'm here, I need to start kind of gleaning off these guys. What was it like for you to be in that clubhouse in Arizona this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, coming in, I think that my whole goal was to just soak up every bit of information I could. You know, I was out in LA in January and kind of gotten some advice from some of the guys that were around, and it was just, hey, man, you're not going to make the team, so just go in there and enjoy it, have so much fun, let your talent speak for itself, and just learn and and that's really kind of what I did. And you know, I really loved being at the field every day. I really enjoyed being around those guys. Obviously, there's not a lot of pressure for me being that I'm not trying to make the team. All I'm trying to do is just uh, you know, show that I could I belong and and and show that I'm I'm good enough to compete. And so for me, I went in there and they probably they probably hate me because I asked so many questions, but I was just trying to ask questions after questions, and you know, the cool part about that locker room is everybody was extremely receptive to that. You know, everybody wanted to answer questions, they wanted to help, they wanted uh, you know, they wanted me to be the best player I could be. Not because you know, of any reason in particular, but they just care about the game. They care about each other, they care about the guys. They're willing to you know, talk, they love talking baseball, and so I think that was extremely eye opening for me. You know, I think after the first two or three weeks is where I kind of was like, Okay, all right, you know, I feel comfortable now, I feel like I'm you know, I feel like I'm a part of it in some sense. And so I think that was where it really kind of helped me start to take strides and really kind of get things, you know, moving, you know, on the ground. And so definitely a fun experience. It's something that I'll remember for the rest of my life. I definitely hopefully I get a lot more of those, but the first one is extremely special.
Speaker 2: Now you always hear the expression be where your feed are, be present in the moment. With that being said, James, how much do you allow yourself to think about that call coming? Because it's going to be sooner rather than later. Everybody knows that, everybody sees it, and everybody's excited to see James tips the third in a Dodgers uniform. Can you allow yourself to think about that or is that something that you have to keep out on the outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I, uh, you know, be you a few hours been something that I've really lived by the last you know, year, year and a half. And uh, there's a Bible Versus that I hold near and dear in my heart. It says be still and know that I am God. So I really just try to be still. I mean, it's it's as cliche as it sounds, like I've I've focused on the here and now and what I can do. Obviously, i'd be lying to you that I if I didn't think about it. Obviously, it's definitely something that I think about. It's a childhood dream I've always wanted to I mean since I can remember, I've always wanted to be a big league baseball player, and so obviously it's something that I think about. But at the same time, I'm really happy where I'm at. I really love you know, the guys and the team, and I really love, you know, working on things that that i've i've even necessary to be, you know, a complete player, and you know, helping myself try to make the stride, you know, as many strides that I can so that there's not as big of a of a roadblock, you know, when I get to the big leagues. And so I think for that, for those reasons, I'm pretty pretty steady and just keeping you know, confident and keeping happy where I'm at and in the day if it comes, it comes, and you know, or when it comes, it comes, and so I'm just you know, I'm trying really hard to enjoy it and I've been pretty successful at it so far. So obviously I hope it happens this year. I hope it happens soon. But at the same time, I'm not worried about it in any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 2: All Right, let's get to know James Tims a third, a little bit better, a little rapid fire here for the Dodger fans. Best minor league city you've played in in your brief time in the minor leagues to playing pro.
Speaker 4: Ball, Oh, yeah, I think Away with Away Park was probably Vancouver. They got a pretty good crowd, pretty good, pretty fun atmosphere there. And then home home side definitely Portland. Portland was a cool spot, a lot of a lot of knowledgeable fans over there and they.
Speaker 1: Love the game.
Speaker 4: So those are two of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Best baseball moment that you've had at any level, whether it's high school at Florida State professionally, is there a baseball moment that sticks out in your mine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure. I think they're the one that really sticks out of my mind. Is Game two of our Super Regional against Yukon. Hit three homers to help, you know, help us get to get to Omaha. Definitely one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Best food for James Timbs the third? Your favorite?
Speaker 4: Ooh, think of Venison steak. He's probably one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Really interesting, Okay, how favorite music the you do? Right now? What are you listening to?
Speaker 4: What am I listening to you right now? Cliche? But it's gonna be some country music, probably Cody Johnson, Luke Combes, Oh yeah, Zach Top, those type of guys. Green, George Strait, Oh yeah, we love Riley Green He's awesome.
Speaker 2: H James, Tim's the Third's bad company. Let's shout out who you're using with your lumber bad company.
Speaker 4: I'm a Victis guy. Love those guys. They're They've been great to me.
Speaker 2: All right. There he is, James Timms, this third Dodger minor league prospect, a great twenty twenty six spring, off to a great start in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City, and its just a matter of time before Dodger draw fans gets to see him wearing that Dodger blue. James really appreciate the time on a game night. Thanks for checking in with all the Dodger fans out here in Southern California. And continued success in Triple A we can't wait to see at the big league level.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, thanks for having me. I really appreciate it absolutely.
Speaker 2: All right, There he goes James Tibbs, the third. What a great guy and certainly a big time prospect for the Dodgers. First round pick of the San Francisco Giants. They traded him in the Rafael Devers trade to the Boston Red Sox, and then the Dodgers got him in a steal in the trade for Dustin May last year. Tore it up in Double A Tulsa. Went to spring training this year at Camelback Ranch. That's the name we kept hearing all spring long. James Tibbs the Third and then the first two weeks of the season in Triple A Oklahoma City hit seven home runs. Now he's cooled off with the home runs a little bit, but still having a great season average wise, ops driving in runs as a corner outfielder there in Triple A Oklahoma City. We appreciate him coming on the show, and again, it is just a matter of time when there is an opportunity that arises for an outfield spot in some of the bats at the big league level, James Tibbs the Third will be wearing Dodger blue. We cannot wait for him to make his major league debut. All right, we'll come back and we'll get you a full farm report. Besides James tips the Third, what else is happening down the Dodgers minor leagues? As the Dodgers have a night off tonight in Milwaukee tomorrow, as they started three game series against the first place Brewers. Dodgers winners of seven of eight, They're five and one on this road trip. That includes a sweep in Anaheim, taking two or three against the Padres, and they got a game and a half lead in the division going into weekend play. Thanks for being with us, Tim Kates, Ronnie Fossio, and you. It's Off Night Dodger Talk right here on your home of the Dodgers, AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Off Night Dodger Talk continues here on AM five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Many things to our friends with the Oklahoma City comments. We're setting that up with James Tibbs, the third Dodger outfield prospects off to a great start here in twenty twenty six, and certainly somebody to keep an eye on. Is he waits that phone call at some point this season to get the call up to the Dodgers. All right, don't forget coming up tomorrow, Dodgers and Brewers, the first of three from Milwaukee, Justin Roblesky and Logan Henderson. The pitching match at Moronco Casino. Dodgers on deck begins at three to thirty, first pitch at four forty. All right, let's go down to the farm, giving you an update on the Dodgers' top minor league prospects from TRIPAA, Oklahoma City, all the way down to the Ontario Tower buzzers. Here in the California League, host Sway Depolla, the dodgers number one overall prospect, number thirteen in Major League Baseball. He's in Double A Tulsa with the Drillers, the twenty year old Alf Hilder in thirty nine games, two to seventy average, nine doubles and six home runs.
Speaker 5: Here's a line drive we'll hit to right as Sway to Paula. The twenty year old is just hit his sixth homer of the year, four hundred feet one hundred and seven miles per hour off his bat as. Those are some big numbers.
Speaker 2: Tulsa Drillers Radio Network with the call. Six home runs for Hostwayapala, thirty six RBI, twenty nine walks. He's got an ops of eight thirty seven. Zayer Hope, the number two overall prospect for the Dodgers and Tulsa as well. Thirty nine games, two sixty nine average, five doubles, nine home runs, thirty five ribbies, fifteen walks and an eighth nine ops. Eduardo Quintero, he's in Great Lakes with high a ball to loose. Twenty year old outfielder number twenty eight overall prospect in all of Major League Baseball. Through thirty three games in Michigan. There two forty four average, seven doubles, two home runs, seventeen ribbis at his seven to ten ops. Mike Sarota, the dodgers number four overall prospect, a twenty two year old center fielder, started the year in Great Lake thirty five games, three twenty five average, eleven doubles, seven home runs, twenty two ribbies in ops over one thousand. Last week he was promoted to double a Tulsa. And he's off and running. You know one pitches lined hard down the left field line.
Speaker 1: This is trouble. Mike Seroda has his first two double a RBI's second double of as many innings.
Speaker 2: This one drives in.
Speaker 5: Two shallow right field. That ball will drop, so Roda, he's had himself the day, third hit of the day, pair of doubles and two RBI. Now give himself a single year.
Speaker 1: Hadn't missed a beat going up in level. Nope.
Speaker 2: Mike Sarda through two games in Double A, four hits already, including two doubles. He had a three hit game the other night for Tulsa Emil Morales, the dodgers number five overall prospect. He's a top one hundred prospect in Major League Baseball as a whole, nineteen year old shortstop in Great Lakes with the Loons thirty six games. He started the year in Ontario three twenty three average, fifteen doubles, six home runs, thirty four ribies. He was then promoted just a couple of days ago. In already two games in Great Legs, he's off to a good start. River Ryan, the twenty seven year old right hander, is in Triple A Oklahoma City, coming off Tommy John surgery. Now we're hearing River Ryan's name a lot, because at some point he will join the Dodgers at the major league level, but they're building him back up after Tommy John surgery and missing all of last year. Three starts so far in Triple A, eleven innings total, he's given him six runs on fourteen strikeouts. As he pitches again tonight in at Triple A ok See. Jackson Ferris, also in Triple A, twenty two year old left hander Dodgers' top ten minor league prospects six starts, oh to one, seven to forty three ERA, he is struggling with fourteen walks and twelve strikeouts. Alex Frielan since getting sit down at Triple A Oklahoma City seven games with the Comets, twelve for thirty three three sixty four average, two triples and three home runs. Charles Davilin in Great Lakes with the Loons. He was the forty first overall pick a year ago out of Arkansas. He's twenty two years old at autfielder, he's only five to nine one hundred and ninety pounds, but so far through thirty seven games in Great Legs two seventy seven average eight doubles and seven home runs, Dablin swings Rockets won in the air to right field a lead off flast, Mister leadoff homer, because that's Dablin's third this year. Great Legs Lons Radio Network with the call. He's short, he's stocky, he's a leadoff hitter for the Great Legs Loons, and he's got seven home runs already. To show Ford, he's got an eight to ninety seven ops. Christian Zazoweta. He's in great legs with the Loons, twenty one year old right hander out of Mexico, a Dodgers' top ten overall prospect through five starts one and one with a four point fifty e r A, twenty eight innings pitched, and Zabazoletta has got forty three strikeouts. How about that forty three strikeouts in twenty eight innings of works James Tims the third you heard from him a few minutes ago. The twenty three year old outfielder is just way to get the call up to the major leagues, hitting three eleven eleven home runs, thirty five RBI and an ops near eleven hundred. How about Adam Serwinowski, a left handed pitcher in Double A Tulsa, twenty one years old. He doesn't have a great RRA, but in twenty nine and two third Indians, he has a strikeout machine. He strikes out. Keith Jones's that pictures cut on and missed for strike three the eighth strikeout already for Serwinowski, and he's got now fourteen in a row retired to begin his day, thirty nine strikeout through the big left hander as he is pitched in eight games already this year. Again, not a great r and a win loss record, but he's got a lot of strikeouts to show for it. Kendall George, twenty one year old outfielder in Double A Tulsa first round pick a couple of years ago. This kid can fly.
Speaker 5: It's a pitch swing on a line driving to left field, and that is if Balchibald gets pass. The leftfielder high mantle the wall, racing a third paces Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: He's coming to up clay and he scores the bash. They slide.
Speaker 2: Is George a safe Tulsa radio network with the call and triple there for Kendall George. He's got an eight to nineteen ops, twenty two stolen bases. Once he gets the ball in play, he is hard to get out with that speed running the base. Pass Kellen Lindz, he had top twenty prospect for the Dodgers form her first round pick a couple of years ago. It's only twenty years old. Started the year in extended spring training. He's in Ontario right now with the tower buzzers and the twenty year old now thirty nine at vat's three eighty five average an ops over eleven hundred, small sample size, but already two doubles, a triple and three home runs. So there you go. The Dodgers minor league prospects and where they're at and how they're doing so far at the quarter point of this twenty twenty six minor league season. Well that's gonna do it for off night Dodger Talking Mini. Thanks to Ronnie Fossio, Thanks to all you for listening and be a part of the show. Thanks to James Timms the Third for joining us earlier. Again, just waiting for that call in TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City to get that major league debut. Dodgers back at it tomorrow borrow, when the nine game road trip continues in Milwaukee for the start of a three game series. Dodgers first place atop the NL West Brewers, first place atop the NL Central Marongo Casino Dodgers on decade and it all started at three point thirty in the afternoon, first pitch from Milwaukee at four forty. Until then, Thanks for listening, thanks for being a part of the show, Thanks for podcasting. Have a great rest of your Thursday night. So long, everybody,