Speaker 1: Learn more at iHeartRadio.com.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention? I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. And I need all of you to stop what you're doing and listen.
Speaker 1: All right, quick correction.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: So I Googled, you know, like, what's that ball from Kingpin worth? And there were multiple articles saying in 2024 it was $ 37, 000.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 4: Well, a quick second AI search. Because I was like, hey, is this thing ever going up for auction again? Well, then it told me. When those articles were posted, that was the current bid. That's not what it sold for. What do you think the bowling ball from Kingpin with the rose in it sold for at auction in 2024? With the rose in.
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: No. We don't make fun of him anymore. Arrivederci. Making fun of Rosie.
Speaker 5: I just, I didn't have a leg to stand on here.
Speaker 4: What would you think here?
Speaker 1: So what was the one that she said?
Speaker 4: The current bid was $ 37, 000 when there were a couple of articles going, hey, this is up for auction. I thought it was the final bid. It was not the final bid.
Speaker 1: I bet it got up to $ 69, 420, Corey. Not a bad guess.
Speaker 6: Sauce?
Speaker 4: Uh....
Speaker 1: Dude. Let me say it like this.
Speaker 4: You know, during the break, I'm like, man, if it's 37K, if this thing ever comes up for auction again, maybe I should just buy it. It'd be a good bit. I'd get my money back at some point if I sold it on the road. Maybe I'll just do this. This number is a no.
Speaker 5: $ 100, 000. No, it's got to be more than that.
Speaker 4: $ 1.
Speaker 5: 2 million. $ 350, 000 for the bowling ball campaign.
Speaker 1: You can buy it.
Speaker 4: 350k my god that's all right so let's go back to what we said last segment if you paid 350 000 for it not 37k would you still take it to your weekly bowling league yes would you really.
Speaker 6: It's the only you can't damage it it's not like a guitar like you couldn't buy uh you know the guitar that he played in uh uh Starsborne and play it because you would damage it by playing it.
Speaker 4: Would the ball, though, get scuffs and scrapes and scratches? Would that still be the same value five or ten years later? If you're a kingpin diehard and you're like, I still want it?
Speaker 5: If you rolled with it, it's probably already got scratches on it now.
Speaker 1: Maybe. Could you charge people? Oh, yeah. Only balls. Yeah, onlyballs.com.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll have to buy that from me. What?
Speaker 5: He's got the domain. $ 350, 000.
Speaker 4: That's a lot.
Speaker 1: What if they throw in some cheese curds?
Speaker 4: Oh, my God.
Speaker 1: Did you buy that?
Speaker 4: I paid $ 37, 000 for cheese curds, but I will tonight, willingly. What really matters, though, is that we do news.
Speaker 5: You got that right, buddy, because let me tell you, the Saints are all in them.
Speaker 7: This is KFAN News with Chris Hockey, presented by the St.
Speaker 1: Paul Saints. That's right.
Speaker 6: Go to saintsbaseball.com to get your tickets for every game. Speaking of that, they're back. Coming up here on the 8th of September at CHS Field. And don't forget the Sesame Street ticket package coming up September 13th. And so many more different reasons to go on down to CHS Field.
Speaker 5: Saintsbaseball.com. Thank you, Saints Baseball.
Speaker 4: Sauce, did you not learn from the Sesame Street characters at all?
Speaker 1: I learned a lot, yeah. Such as? The Cookie Monster guy.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: You learn how to count to five. From who? The count.
Speaker 8: I learned a valuable lesson from Bert and Ernie.
Speaker 1: Which was?
Speaker 8: It's okay to live with your male buddy.
Speaker 1: That's what they were doing. They were great. I loved them. Bert and Ernie are awesome.
Speaker 8: There's one in the book. My son has this book full of Sesame Street characters. There's like two of them. I don't know who they are. And they're in the book a lot. It's one that kind of looks like Cookie Monster.
Speaker 4: What are their names?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: How many times have you read this book?
Speaker 5: I think it's Bart and Lisa. He's got the wrong book.
Speaker 1: I point out the pictures. We look at the pictures. So you're skipping the words. We didn't read.
Speaker 4: No, we're just pointing out the pictures. He loves Elmo, but he calls Elmo mama. Why don't you read to him? You know, that's part of the process is him hearing the words.
Speaker 5: Read it, baby.
Speaker 1: He doesn't know what the hell is going on either. He calls Elmo mama.
Speaker 5: You said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. There's a few pages in the book where Elmo is dressed as a woman. That's right. What book are you reading? It's an Elmo Sesame Street.
Speaker 8: It's like an old, it's like a book from like the, I think it was like 82.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: It was right after Tootsie. Everybody was cross-dressing. All your hands up.
Speaker 1: Tootsie.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to ask if you would bang a female Elmo.
Speaker 1: No, Tootsie would not.
Speaker 4: Was Elmo even around in 82? What year did Elmo start? Because he was a later edition.
Speaker 3: 1980.
Speaker 6: 80, okay.
Speaker 1: Season 11.
Speaker 8: It's an old school book. And it's like he's, you know, but he loves it. He likes just going through and pointing at the picture.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what dad does. He ain't got time to read. Dad's skipping the words too. Yeah, I read to him. What do you read to him? Tolstoy? He loves that one book.
Speaker 5: Tolhouse?
Speaker 1: Love Me Forever.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: And some cookies that hit the spot.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he loves, like, I'll Love You Forever.
Speaker 8: And it's the picture of, like, the kid making the mess on the cover, and then by the end of it, the kid's taking care of the mom. I can't read it because I cry every time, but he loves that. Just point out the pictures.
Speaker 5: You cry because you can't read.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, son.
Speaker 8: We're going to have to wait for mom. Grandpa is over at Hawk's again.
Speaker 6: He's cross-eyed now.
Speaker 5: A little hard. A little hard.
Speaker 1: A little hard.
Speaker 4: Well, he also stares at the cat art like it's a magic eye poster.
Speaker 8: My dad's cross-eyed because you hammered him too hard?
Speaker 4: You don't know where the line is, dude. You can't see that.
Speaker 1: So now he's cross-eyed? Well, pray for him to be uncross-eyed. You don't get it. You are correct. I do not. I don't know how I'm employed. What happened?
Speaker 5: That was a hell of a journey we just went on.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm praying for your dad to not be cross-eyed anymore.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Currently, is it?
Speaker 5: No, so with you.
Speaker 8: Yep.
Speaker 5: Listen to this. This dude got struck by lightning.
Speaker 9: This is the moment a bolt of lightning strikes a man on New York's Staten Island. Caught on camera. You can see the flash of light. Then resident Thomas Fahmy drops.
Speaker 1: To the ground. Excuse me?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Excuse me, everybody. Hey, guys.
Speaker 4: Start it over.
Speaker 5: She'll say it again in a minute.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute.
Speaker 5: It's his name.
Speaker 1: Thomas what?
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say it. It's his name.
Speaker 1: Signed, a resident's home. Can I come in, please?
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yes, please.
Speaker 1: Come.
Speaker 4: Come.
Speaker 1: Oh, my God.
Speaker 2: Oh, my God.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: They say lightning doesn't strike twice.
Speaker 5: I hope not.
Speaker 1: I hope not.
Speaker 9: Today, fuck me.
Speaker 8: That's what he screamed when.
Speaker 4: He got struck by lightning.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 5: It's his name.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 4: We're getting trolled. This ain't real.
Speaker 1: No, this is an onion story.
Speaker 2: It's on NBC News.
Speaker 5: First thing I first saw was just a white flash.
Speaker 1: What did it feel like?
Speaker 5: I felt like my feet, I was walking on balloons. It was really, really in pain.
Speaker 1: Numbing, tingling feeling down there.
Speaker 5: It was a sensation I had never felt.
Speaker 1: Ever in my life.
Speaker 9: Fakhmi was treated for only minor injuries.
Speaker 1: She's doing it on purpose. She's doing it on purpose. Come on. That's not his name.
Speaker 8: The police hung up when they called because they were like, this is a prank call.
Speaker 1: Is this Howard Stern?
Speaker 4: He's doing a troll job, and they fell for it. There's no way.
Speaker 1: This is his time.
Speaker 9: Survival after other lightning strikes this summer ended in tragedy, with 13 fatalities recorded nationwide so far this year.
Speaker 5: How about that? 13 nationwide.
Speaker 1: Jeez.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Poor that guy.
Speaker 5: Poor Thomas.
Speaker 1: I think I've seen that film before.
Speaker 7: When Deputy Fahmy comes to the door.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't have the pizza. Weird. No, because he's a police officer.
Speaker 5: Oh, man.
Speaker 1: I'm not really here today.
Speaker 5: You said he was a police officer.
Speaker 1: I'm not smart. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: You would be smart if you read the words in the books.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We do read books. You're just pointing at the photo.
Speaker 6: And poor Louie wouldn't have to say that guy's name every time he messed up.
Speaker 8: Oh, oh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that.
Speaker 4: Speaking of what? The F word.
Speaker 1: Go on. Which one? I have a short temper. Penis. And penis. Oh, no. A short temper. And penis. So my son.
Speaker 8: Louie, has in his room a diaper bag where we put the dirty diapers and you can close it off so it doesn't stank like, you know, Hawk's dad's favorite smell.
Speaker 5: All right. Poop.
Speaker 9: That's crap, man.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Dwight.
Speaker 8: And I take it out because I'm like, I'm not making my wife do it. It's a disgusting job because half the time the bag's ripped.
Speaker 1: It reeks. It's awful.
Speaker 4: How long is this story going to take?
Speaker 5: By the way, we all know how poop smells.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we know how poop smells. We know what a diaper bag is. You're adding details that nobody cares about. Get to the point of the story.
Speaker 1: Sorry i'm telling you a story i'm sorry my words.
Speaker 4: Bother so hang on your son's room has like what four walls and there's a door to get in and out of it does the door swing yeah i don't know how do you get the light sound or is it just complete darkness there's a light switch oh unbelievable why didn't you mention that just hold on i'm.
Speaker 7: Sorry did you fix the light there No, Hero Home Services came over and fixed the light for me.
Speaker 1: He's dead.
Speaker 5: Did you show him your bugs?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: On my leg?
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 4: So anyway, you're in your son's room, and what happened?
Speaker 5: The poop smelled bad.
Speaker 4: Man, that's crap.
Speaker 5: I'm leaving over.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to get this son of a bitch bag out, and I can't.
Speaker 5: I bet your jugs are just bad.
Speaker 8: Why can't you get it out? They're scraping the floor. Um, because it's, it's, it's in, it's tucked away in the corner.
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 8: It's not just out in the open. Cause we, it's, it's kind of an eyesore cause it stinks.
Speaker 1: Sure. Why not?
Speaker 4: It's an eyesore because it's.
Speaker 1: Kind of a cool piece of equipment. Just hold on. I didn't want to go into this much detail.
Speaker 4: Even when Louie's not around, could you start reading Sesame street books? Left to right, top to bottom, page one to the end.
Speaker 1: Just practice.
Speaker 5: You're giving me an ear sore.
Speaker 1: My God.
Speaker 4: It's an eye.
Speaker 1: Sore because it stinks. Bizarre. Those are two different senses. You know what? Never mind.
Speaker 5: Oh, no, you're not going to.
Speaker 4: Don't rob us from this ending.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I couldn't get it out. I kept pulling on it.
Speaker 8: It was kind of kitty wampus, and I finally got it out, and I pulled my head up, and I hit the top of, like, one of the things in his room.
Speaker 4: One of the things in his room?
Speaker 8: It's in the closet, and there's, like, shelves. I hit one of the shelves at the back of my head.
Speaker 4: It hurt.
Speaker 1: I loudly yelled the F word. Come on now. He repeated it. Not a good move by me. So I got to stop saying the F word around the house. I don't want your life.
Speaker 8: I know, but I love my life and I'm glad I'm here because you guys are great. The story could have easily been, I said the F word and my son repeated it.
Speaker 4: 100%. It could have been, yeah, I accidentally hit my head on a shelf, said the F word. He immediately repeated it. It felt terrible. But instead, you explained the concept of poop smelling bad, what a diaper bag is, what your son's room looks like, all of the chores your wife does and does not do.
Speaker 1: What a wild ride.
Speaker 4: You used the word kittywampus in there at one point?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 5: I was impressed.
Speaker 1: Don't some people say cattywampus?
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: Which one is technically correct, or are they both interchangeable?
Speaker 1: No idea.
Speaker 5: I think it's kitty.
Speaker 4: I've always said kitty as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's kitty. I wonder.
Speaker 5: Hmm. Come on now.
Speaker 4: It's an eyesore because it smells bad.
Speaker 5: Kitty wampus. Yeah, it's kitty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay.
Speaker 5: Crooked, askew, out of alignment, in total disarray. Smells like poop, which doesn't smell good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: See? See?
Speaker 1: The world gets me.
Speaker 5: Basically, you can say cattywampus, too, apparently.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: I think I've heard it both ways. So I thought it was maybe interchangeable, but. Yeah, variant spelling.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: I think there's cattywampus as well. No, that's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Red hogs.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: You hate me.
Speaker 5: I know. I love you.
Speaker 4: Man, that story was something.
Speaker 1: I mean, it wasn't a great story.
Speaker 5: There's a serial butt sniffer. In California.
Speaker 1: I know he's harmless, but it's a weird fetish.
Speaker 8: Crouching down like he normally would, and he'll just look around and then just try to take the chance to sniff like any woman's butt.
Speaker 1: First time I caught him, I was like, what is this guy doing? He looks creepy. You want to sniff butt? You could do a sniff somewhere else.
Speaker 5: Amen, brother. What can you do? By the way, I'm going to say it.
Speaker 1: No, no.
Speaker 5: He does look like our former quarterback. He does.
Speaker 1: Like Josh Dobbs, yeah. He does. Oh, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: What if it was? Who was it on Twitter that called him the astronaut, but with two S's?
Speaker 5: Oh, that's great.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that in the power trip?
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 1: I think it was Moss. It might have been.
Speaker 5: Khaleesi Crowder.
Speaker 1: Oh, Mother of Dragons. Yeah, Musk called him the astronaut. That's a good line.
Speaker 8: What do you think Musk is up to right now?
Speaker 5: About 5'10.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's the nicest answer I thought I would get.
Speaker 6: Crowder was arrested at the Burbank Nordstrom Rack after reports of someone roaming the women's department and getting a good whiff.
Speaker 1: You'll be salivating when you see it.
Speaker 5: The next month he was arrested at the Walgreens.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah. Wow, you have audio of this story, Hawk. You are on top of it.
Speaker 5: A little lowbrow there, brother.
Speaker 1: We're going to eat all of it.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What? Are you excited to be there, Rose? Smoking hot.
Speaker 3: Oh. Woo!
Speaker 1: That was the weirdest video of all time.
Speaker 5: He's got a criminal history of serious offenses.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, wait.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at him. Oh, we have video of him doing it. Oh, my God. He's kneeling down. God, this guy loves the smell of a hole.
Speaker 8: Bugs are sweet, but we don't need to randomly sniff them in public.
Speaker 1: Nobody told him what they smelled like.
Speaker 5: This guy is just... Oh, my God.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That's a dude.
Speaker 1: Oh, my God.
Speaker 5: I guess it doesn't matter. He just loves sniffing butt.
Speaker 1: I know that, honey. Oh, Rose.
Speaker 4: That guy, he must have whiffed pretty loudly because that guy turned around and was laughing at.
Speaker 3: Him.
Speaker 1: Oh, Rosie.
Speaker 5: Oh, my God. Lordy, lordy, this guy's creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Just a dog.
Speaker 5: He's a dog at eight.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's such a good bit. Finish him on Friday night. Oh, my.
Speaker 8: Frosty.
Speaker 5: All you got to do is pass a little gas and you can't take no more.
Speaker 1: I love the catch.
Speaker 5: He sniffed her butt. Lady, be glad somebody got down near there.
Speaker 1: You can't take your eyes off it.
Speaker 4: The audio of this is unbelievably good.
Speaker 1: The third person in the interview is like, I actually didn't mind.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Getting out of that hole and eventually going in to score.
Speaker 5: He said not to shower for a while and come on back to Walgreens.
Speaker 1: That sounds pretty good. He's probably related to you, Hawk.
Speaker 5: How dare you? We do look a lot alike.
Speaker 1: Oh, wait. She got close.
Speaker 4: I wonder if his parents are still alive and their son is a serial butt sniffer. Not just a one-time guy.
Speaker 1: A serial. Butts never. Yeah, butts never.
Speaker 4: Has that phrase ever been used ever before this guy?
Speaker 5: You got your nose in my butt crack.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: Gross.
Speaker 5: Kyle Van Noy. You're a Viking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well said.
Speaker 4: I think people thought you were just saying the guy's name.
Speaker 5: I think he's identifying people by their scent.
Speaker 4: Kyle! Let's also do sports after this. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on The Fan. Hey, it's Chris Hockey, the Power Trip Morning Show. It's a big old country out there, and you want to see it. Did you know that Jefferson Lines has been your number one bus experience for over 100 years?
Speaker 5: They provide daily bus service.
Speaker 7: Look at us score tickets to the biggest games and concerts in town, from the Smashing Pumpkins to Luke Combs, Snoop Dogg, and more.
Speaker 1: Your chance to win is waiting. Enter now at kfan.com, keyword contests. Look at that.
Speaker 5: Look at the skinny guy over there.
Speaker 1: Look at Mike Grimm. Look at Grimmer. Here we are.
Speaker 5: Good to be back with you guys.
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm good. I'm good. You ready for football season, brother? I'm getting there. Yeah, I'm getting there. Eastern Illinois tomorrow? Well, you better be ready. It's tomorrow. It is tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Just 42 and a half point favorites.
Speaker 3: They're going to let me actually go to the game and.
Speaker 1: Talk on the radio.
Speaker 3: That's sweet.
Speaker 4: Remind me, do you guys get to talk about things like the spread or.
Speaker 1: Is that a no-no?
Speaker 4: Are you not supposed to mention that it's 42 and a half?
Speaker 1: I mention it.
Speaker 3: I use it just because it... Especially once you get in a Big Ten play, it kind of sets an expectation.
Speaker 1: The fans.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you go, oh, you're playing Illinois, they're no good.
Speaker 1: Well, no, they're good this year. It's their favorite game.
Speaker 3: We're not supposed to win. I use it as a relation to this is just where the game's supposed to go.
Speaker 1: Right. Never would bet.
Speaker 4: Of course not. No.
Speaker 1: Actually, we really can't. We're not supposed to. That makes sense. Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 5: Even at the casinos, you won't buy one.
Speaker 1: Two and a half. Corey, I did, though.
Speaker 3: I texted you a picture. Play initials in Lakeville.
Speaker 1: I like to. At one of the establishments there. How'd you do? We won the last round. Come on. Did you get a gift card? We got a gift card. Free beer.
Speaker 4: Look at you.
Speaker 1: How much of that was you? I got a few.
Speaker 5: I got a few.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, looky here.
Speaker 1: That was fun. It's cool. Right on, man. We've done it a few times, and that was fun.
Speaker 4: So you must have found that location on initialsgamelive.com.
Speaker 1: It could have been. My daughter said, let's go, and we went. Love it. It was pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Good for you.
Speaker 1: We had a good time.
Speaker 6: You know, I get most of my information about Gopher College football from Tommy Olsen and the Fargo Flash.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Very pessimistic outlook. Very objective.
Speaker 5: So in your opinion, are we going to win all the games and go national championship?
Speaker 3: We should be, as the Hoosiers did last year, we should be 16-0 by the time January whatever hits, yes.
Speaker 4: Do you believe, though, that the Vikings and Gophers are in a similar situation where if Kyler has a monster year... the success of the Vikings clearly should follow because the rest of the team looks like they're pretty good. If Drake's as good as we all think he is or could be, if he makes a significant jump, then are the people that are saying, Hey, look, nine and three is not out of the question. Even with this tough schedule is nine and three, almost all on the shoulders of Drake Lindsay.
Speaker 1: Well, I think obviously he's got to play well for sure.
Speaker 3: That's to me, you know, it goes without saying he's got to stay healthy, right? I mean, he, he is the quarterback that has to be on this team. That's going to be, uh, if they're going to get to that kind of ceiling year again, where it's nine wins or whatever. Um, yes, he's got to play well.
Speaker 4: And not perfect.
Speaker 3: And he's not, uh, and they have to, um, they have, I think they have to, um, let him, if there's a chance to let him win a game for you, just, Let it fly, right?
Speaker 1: Just let it go.
Speaker 3: It's fine if you have to be risky at some point to get a win, do that. And last year at 18 touchdowns, six interceptions, and a first-year starter in that league, the Big Ten plays really good defense. That's a pretty good season for a first-year starter. But I think if you're really wanting to push to have that kind of a year where you're like, okay, upper half, upper third– That number's got to be like 28 and 8, 28.
Speaker 1: And something like that.
Speaker 3: If you're going to get to 28, the interception number may come up as well. And I heard you yesterday talk about Murray's been, what, 2-1 over his career. If you push that 2.5-1, it can change the outcome of a season.
Speaker 1: By two games maybe. 100%.
Speaker 3: I'm filling out some stuff last night on my boards. Lindsey was 63% completion. That's pretty good, particularly for a first-year starter. if that gets, you know, the Gophers play on the margins. They averaged 23 points a game last year.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Their opponents averaged 22.9.
Speaker 5: Whoa.
Speaker 3: So they just play a bunch of close games. Some of it's by, I mean, a lot of it's by design. Some of it is just by how they play, right? They do play a little bit of a slowdown. We're going to let the play clock wind down. And so that you limit possessions, you limit plays. There were some games last year where they had three possessions. Each team had three possessions. That was it for a whole first half.
Speaker 1: Wow. Right?
Speaker 3: So if you're three and out on one of three possessions, then it factors in. So, yes, a healthy Darius Taylor is going to help. There's a lot of factors.
Speaker 1: There really are.
Speaker 3: But tomorrow, I would hope that the Gophers can put that team away.
Speaker 4: So I saw the stats that the running back for Eastern Illinois had a monster game last week, right? 170-plus yards and three touchdowns.
Speaker 1: He had an 80-yard touchdown. Right.
Speaker 4: So is that just the opponent, or is this kid actually a problem? Well, he's a transfer from Akron. He's in his second year at Eastern.
Speaker 1: It could be, right?
Speaker 3: I mean, you pop one, all of a sudden you— How's our run defense? Run defense should be pretty stout. I think if there's questions on the defense, it is in the middle of the front. The edge is— That's going to be the strength of the defense. That's where you get Anthony Smith, preseason Big Ten Player of the Year, T.J. Bush, transfer from Cal, Carter Mentz, who had six sacks last year, Jackson Howard. Those guys are all on the edges, and there's others that are kind of knocking on the door. I think the middle should be pretty stout, but very few of those guys have taken snaps in a Big Ten game.
Speaker 1: There's a transfer from Marshall.
Speaker 3: That is probably going to be the starter tomorrow night at one of the defensive tackle spots. Riley Sunroom is a kid from North Dakota who's kind of bite at his time, and he'll probably be the other starter. There's a few others that will rotate through. So I think they have good potential there, but we haven't seen them yet.
Speaker 1: So we'll find out.
Speaker 3: And in this transfer age, they went and got a kid from Marshall to kind of fill that gap. But I think PJ is also saying, look, we've got to count on some kids. We have to put faith in them. We recruited them out of high school. Um, they come cheaper. And when you're working on, uh, trying to be efficient budget wise, we're going to, we're going to roll with some guys and, and put some faith in those guys.
Speaker 5: We got another national champion in the big 10 this year.
Speaker 3: That would be something three straight. I like Oregon, you know, they, they're, they're defensive front. Oregon is just a, such a lovely state. Um, they have, Their front four, Sauce, you're the draft nick. They could all be first-round picks.
Speaker 8: I mean, they've got the potential to have, I think, six first-round picks.
Speaker 3: I think three of those guys from their front four last year, who the Gophers saw, we played that Friday night game out there.
Speaker 1: Could have been first-round picks this year, and they turned it. I mean, that's like.
Speaker 3: Here's a Powerball winning number ticket. We're going to turn that down. We're still going to make a boatload of money playing college football. I don't know what Oregon's budget is, but obviously they got the Nike money and all of that, so it's a lot. So Oregon, let's say they win it. That would be four different Big Ten teams in four years, which would be pretty cool.
Speaker 6: And next week we play Mississippi State. Now, obviously, I'm not looking past this. We can't look past any opponents.
Speaker 5: I get all that. But is this a Legitimate team we're going to be playing in week two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, SEC team.
Speaker 3: First time, and as I get into prepping for that next week, I'll have the exact date, but I want to say it's the first time since the 50s that an SEC team has played in Minneapolis.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: There was never an SEC team in the Metrodome. I mean, they just don't come north. SEC teams just don't. So this game was scheduled a while ago, Mississippi State. We go down to Stark Vegas next year as part of the home and home.
Speaker 1: Good luck. Yeah. So any SEC team is... has got talent.
Speaker 3: That team is kind of, you know, they're probably picked bottom half of the SEC.
Speaker 1: They're bad. I'll just say it. They're bad.
Speaker 3: Their quarterback's good. The rest of the team's terrible. Yeah, the quarterback, though, can, I mean, that guy can win a game for you. So, I mean, that's not a slam-dunk game next.
Speaker 1: I'm interested. Is there any advance spread on that game?
Speaker 3: I mean, power trip bets could probably find it, but I haven't seen anything. I'll bet it's, I bet Minnesota's a slight, slight favorite. I don't think it'll be more.
Speaker 8: Than A couple people that I know that are really into the Gophers said that, as you just said, the quarterback's incredible.
Speaker 1: The rest of the team is not very good.
Speaker 3: They have a new defensive coordinator, I think, that's been in.
Speaker 1: What's his name, Hawk?
Speaker 5: Mbake.
Speaker 1: That's it. You got it. Man, you studied that. Yeah, he's good about it.
Speaker 3: I think it's kind of exciting to have an SEC team, a Power 5 team, Power 4 team come in next week. No doubt about it. That's a 230 kick a week from Saturday.
Speaker 5: I put all of my rent money on the over at 5.5. That's pretty safe, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it wasn't here in Vegas.
Speaker 3: Because it's been kind of teetering between 5.5 and 6.5. They both seem a little low to me.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 3: But the Big Ten now, one with NIL, so everyone has some players, right? And everyone's been able to retain. Retention's big because if you can return guys that know the system and you keep a nucleus together, I mean, that's how teams like Minnesota, Iowa, some of these teams over the years that have had some success, they ramp up, right?
Speaker 1: Win seven, win seven.
Speaker 3: That group now has stayed together for three years, and you get 10, right?
Speaker 1: And then you do it again, and you stack those kind of things.
Speaker 3: So retention's big, and with NIL, you have a better chance to retain those guys. So the way the Big Ten is now, it's.
Speaker 1: Hard to win.
Speaker 3: There really are no gimmies, even when you go toward the bottom of that. So I think the 5.5 seems low.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 3: You can look at the schedule, and all of a sudden you start counting it down. Mississippi State is favored, but.
Speaker 1: Not by much.
Speaker 3: You're home Michigan, home Iowa. You haven't beaten Iowa in a long time. Michigan is Michigan. You're at Penn State. That's a tough place to play. at Wisconsin, and you're at Indiana. Now all of a sudden you start stacking those up.
Speaker 1: And at Washington.
Speaker 3: And at Washington, which they're like 32-2 in their last 35 games there. So all of a sudden you start stacking that up and you can talk yourself into the The flip side, like, ooh, maybe that's not a slam dunk.
Speaker 1: I would take the over, though.
Speaker 6: We almost always win two games we shouldn't have won. Almost always win two we shouldn't have won.
Speaker 1: No doubt. And the one thing that.
Speaker 5: And if not, I've got to leave the country.
Speaker 3: And P.J. has just been steady as she goes, right? I mean, there just hasn't been much dip. Back-to-back eight-win seasons. Now, that counts the bowl game, so that doesn't... I think the five-and-a-half is regular season wins only.
Speaker 1: And there just hasn't been much of a dip, and... they've been good in bowl games.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I think you're safe.
Speaker 5: If not now, when? We've got a quarterback, we've got some stars from the NFL. If not now, when?
Speaker 3: I think there's an opportunity here, because you do miss Ohio State and Oregon. I think those are the two best teams in the Big Ten. You miss them on the schedule.
Speaker 1: Indiana might beat the brakes off of you, but.
Speaker 3: It's a possibility at Indiana. It would be interesting how their quarterback situation plays out. The TCU people didn't seem to care much for the kid that transferred, but we'll see.
Speaker 5: We'll see. And we've got Vikings next. You want to stick around?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll stick around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Excellent. More with Mike Grimm and the Power Trip Morning Show after this on The Fan.
Speaker 6: The Fan.
Speaker 4: From the 1-800-ASK-GARY-TRAFFIC-CENTER, this report is sponsored by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: We have delays. We talk about.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 5: Vikings football it's time for vikings on the power trip presented.
Speaker 6: By now isn't it true uh mike grimdy you served in vietnam with uh kyle van noy.
Speaker 4: I did we were we were uh oh careful that's stolen valor that's true if you because not only now are you gonna have to answer questions now alec lewis and yes guestling and seaford they're gonna go so wait a minute kyle yeah Are you claiming you served in Vietnam with Mike Grimm?
Speaker 1: I'm going to stay away from that.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even go with that bit, man. And it's not fair to Kyle. He just got here.
Speaker 1: He's trying to set me up to get in trouble again.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Way to go. Hogs again.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 6: We got Minnesota Vikings signing free agent, edge rusher, Kyle Vannoy, according to a league source.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that league source being rguy.com. Tom, is Pellicero the first to break it? I think he was.
Speaker 5: That's where I saw it first.
Speaker 4: That's where I saw it first, too. And again, that's what matters most, right?
Speaker 1: Who gets it first. Yeah, for sure. Where has he played?
Speaker 6: He came from Baltimore last year, but he was in Miami before then. He won two Super Bowls with Brian Flores.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a Flores in action.
Speaker 3: Good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Excellent.
Speaker 5: So he'll be our third defensive end.
Speaker 1: I would guess.
Speaker 3: I heard Lieber last week say that he figured they would go get one more edge rush.
Speaker 5: And he wanted this guy in particular.
Speaker 4: He specifically dropped his name saying that would be a really good fit.
Speaker 5: He's got it figured out at Ben Lieber.
Speaker 4: We'll ask him about it tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What are we hearing about Harrison Smith?
Speaker 6: He'll be back, but from what they're saying, probably after the second game because it saves them so much money.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 6: If he's on the roster before the season starts, it's a lot more.
Speaker 1: I don't get that.
Speaker 4: If you're Harrison, why would that matter to him?
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 5: It matters to him. I think it matters to the team.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, if I'm Harrison.
Speaker 5: Plus, he wants to play as little as possible.
Speaker 1: I want all the money. Yeah, two less games.
Speaker 3: But why would the league set that up that way?
Speaker 1: It seems bizarre.
Speaker 4: And again, Sauce, you know this, I know this, everybody knows this.
Speaker 5: I probably don't.
Speaker 1: I'm listening.
Speaker 4: Do we have enough money for Harrison Smith?
Speaker 1: Of course we do. Beep, bop, beep, boop, fixed. Yep. Oh, what do you want? $ 20 million?
Speaker 4: Guaranteed?
Speaker 1: Done.
Speaker 8: We'll spread it out over the next 46 years. The Rams just randomly had $ 20 million. I wonder how.
Speaker 1: They did that. Beep, bop, boop, boop, fixed.
Speaker 8: It's like they have a bunch of, you know, because Miles Garrett's playing for free and Stafford.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not going to name his name.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: But there are some people that would be like, oh, Rob Brzezinski is the best money guy in the business. And this person who will go unnamed can't name another money person in the business, right? So, yeah, Rob Brzezinski is probably great at his job. Looks like he drafted well this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But my guess is the other 31 people are also very good at just going beep-bop-boop-boop. So, yeah, they're going to move some money around, but it ultimately comes down. Let's call a spade a spade when it comes to this. I don't think Harrison Smith is playing this year for the money.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: It's your last ride. Do you want to do it one more time or not?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You've made a ton of money.
Speaker 5: He's tired.
Speaker 4: He doesn't look like a guy that has thrown his money into Ponzi schemes. I think he's fine.
Speaker 1: He had a good year last year. I mean, he's still playing.
Speaker 4: Remember, he was injured early in the season. Yeah, that was that injury.
Speaker 1: The weird one. Oh, yeah. Harrison, what would you rather do than play football?
Speaker 5: Take a nap many times.
Speaker 1: Then don't come back. Then you don't have to be here.
Speaker 8: Are you excited for the upcoming football season?
Speaker 5: Not one bit.
Speaker 1: Man, he's aged.
Speaker 5: Does he sound old to you?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but again, he doesn't do a lot of interviews. Maybe he's always sounded like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right.
Speaker 4: Whenever you do, though, the one last ride, like, all right, I'm going to do this. No, Aaron Donald's coming back because the Rams are the Super Bowl favorites. The Vikings over-under is eight and a half, and they were projected to finish fourth. That doesn't mean they can't overachieve, but imagine if you're Harrison Smith and seven games in were two and five, and you're like, what the hell did I do this for? What am I doing? None of the games the rest of the year are going to matter.
Speaker 1: Why did I do this? Oh, my hamstring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: And then you just catch those... League minimum checks and sail off into the sunset. Well, that's like our guy Thielen, though. Thielen's like, well, if I'm going to do this one more time, send me to Pittsburgh. I want to play in a playoff game. I just can't see Harrison Smith doing that because obviously Thielen played for the Panthers, so he had bounced around. Harrison's a lifelong Viking. He's not going to jump ship. It's either this or nothing.
Speaker 5: Maybe you'll see how the first couple of games go and he'll be.
Speaker 4: Like, What if we get blown out like 40 to nothing to a Josh Jacob, listen, Micah Parsons less team. And he's like, what am I?
Speaker 1: I'm not jumping on this squad.
Speaker 4: We're going to go two and 15.
Speaker 1: That's awful. Wouldn't it be cool to.
Speaker 3: Be in a spot, though, that you could just say, yeah, I might, I might not, but I'm going to forget the nonsense of training camp and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: He's earned it.
Speaker 5: What's this game, Adam Driver?
Speaker 4: Yeah, from Star Wars.
Speaker 5: Just came back from the.
Speaker 1: Han Solo's son?
Speaker 5: For the Rams, right?
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: Aaron Donald. Whatever.
Speaker 5: I couldn't remember the name and I just went with it.
Speaker 4: We've only mentioned it four times in the last three minutes.
Speaker 8: Well, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like come back and play if you want to.
Speaker 1: I ain't scared. No doubt.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: It'd be good to have him. Hey, what's your name? Mike.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 5: Drake Lindsay. Give me a percent chance. He is drafted into the NFL next year.
Speaker 1: Oh, man. That's a great question. Next year or ever?
Speaker 5: Just next year.
Speaker 1: Next year. Just makes the jump.
Speaker 3: There was that one, I think you've referenced it a couple times when I've been in here, that he was sixth or something. I think fourth or fifth pick was the projection. That was this coming draft, the 27 draft. I think that's probably aggressive.
Speaker 1: Sure. A tad.
Speaker 3: But, I mean, look, he's got the– what they like is he's got the prototypical size, and he's got a really good arm. I do think part of– you know, they had the pro day last year, and so they needed a quarterback to throw to some of the receivers when all the scouts were there, and they're like, whoa. And that's what kind of turned Brosmer on, the Vikings on to Brosmer.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: He threw the week before, or the season before at that pro day. I got this kid can throw, and I think he and O'Connell even kind of hit it off there. They were talking and whatever. So I think there were enough scouts, and they're like, ooh, this kid's got the size, and now he can throw it. It's just a flick of the wrist. I mean, he really does have a good arm. And he's playing in an NFL-style offense. They're trying to pattern the offense off of the Rams and others, Vikings included. So that part, I think they like. It's like when you recruit a guy at the college level, they come to a camp, you've never seen film, but all of a sudden here's his 40 time.
Speaker 1: Here's his shuttle time. Here's his vertical jump.
Speaker 3: They're like, well, all the measurables say you can play big 10 football. Now let's watch the film. And even sometimes with the films, not that great. They're still like, dude, such a good athlete. We can develop them. So I think they're probably looking at that. Like he's got the size, he's got the arm strength, he's mobile enough. Uh, so the percent chance who asked the question, chance, um, steve i'll say in the 27 draft i'll say it's a 20 chance.
Speaker 4: He'll go in the 20 draft 27 i know we all know that it's been a long time we've we've probably heard general guesses in how long it's been do you guys know the exact year though it has been since the last time a gopher quarterback was drafted like 60s i just looked it up seven or something like that anybody else know You're talking about a guy who finished his career. Yes, not Ethan Kelly McManus.
Speaker 1: That doesn't count.
Speaker 4: The last time a Gopher quarterback was drafted at any point, not first round, just in the draft at all.
Speaker 1: No, I might be wrong. Isn't it never?
Speaker 4: No, that's not right.
Speaker 5: No, wasn't it the guy from the 1980s?
Speaker 4: Nope.
Speaker 1: Really? Nope. 70?
Speaker 5: 1972 was the last time Craig Curry.
Speaker 4: was an eighth-round pick to the Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And I'm looking at this list. By the way, you know what's crazy? I don't think I knew this. That was 72. Do you know who the Vikings drafted in the 17th round in 1973? Hawk does.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 4: I'm being serious.
Speaker 1: The 17th round? Yeah, 429th overall. What year are you GMing? 73.
Speaker 3: 73.
Speaker 4: Can we think this through?
Speaker 6: 73.
Speaker 1: I bet they drafted.
Speaker 5: Some big name who turned out to be a stud.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: Hall of Fame? Like Paul Kraus or somebody like that?
Speaker 1: Nope. That's what I was going to....
Speaker 5: Chuck was farther than that.
Speaker 4: You guys are not even close.
Speaker 5: A receiver?
Speaker 1: Not even close.
Speaker 2: Neither.
Speaker 1: Alan Page. Oh, wait.
Speaker 5: So a coach?
Speaker 4: Not even close.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: You can do this. 70. Oh, Dave Winfield. Dave Winfield. Look at Grimmer. Ron knows him. Oh, Ron Johnson knows him? Yes. How about that? Dave Winfield.
Speaker 4: The Vikings drafted him in the 17th round. apparently, in 1973.
Speaker 5: What did he do instead?
Speaker 4: Played a little ball.
Speaker 1: He was a Hall of Famer. That was a good one. That was a good one.
Speaker 4: That's what Wikipedia says, at least. We're going to go with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was drafted in the NBA or the ABA as well.
Speaker 1: Like he was drafted in all three sports.
Speaker 4: What a freak, man.
Speaker 1: He's so good. I mean, so good. Could do it all.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And the only person to ever be drafted in the first round of both the NFL and the MLB draft is?
Speaker 1: First round of both? First round of both. Kyler Murray?
Speaker 5: Kyler Murray.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kyler.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because Kyler was what, the ninth pick or something by the A's?
Speaker 1: He's the only one in the first round?
Speaker 5: First one that's ever done it.
Speaker 4: First round in both.
Speaker 5: Only person to ever do it.
Speaker 1: No kidding. Pretty good athlete. Buenas dias. Buenas dias.
Speaker 4: Because I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson obviously was drafted in both, I believe, right? But he was a third rounder in the NFL. What round was he in baseball? Much further down.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And didn't he play like a year minor league or something?
Speaker 1: Something like that. I don't remember how it worked. Maybe it was a summer college league. I don't remember either. But there's a lot. Elway was drafted.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: Was Brady, too? Was he drafted in baseball?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just love the idea that's like, here's 1973, and you're like, there's no chance Winfield's playing. He's going to go play baseball. But just in case, we're either going to pick a guy that we're going to immediately cut, or at least we can say for the next 50 years, we drafted Dave Winfield.
Speaker 1: Why not? How many rounds were there?
Speaker 4: That's a great question.
Speaker 1: 80. I mean, jeez.
Speaker 5: I think there were nine. It rings a bell that there were nine.
Speaker 4: Well, that was later. This is round 17.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't listening, obviously. Okay, got it.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you.
Speaker 3: I remember it wasn't that long ago. There were, I think, 12 rounds. I mean, I'm going to say not that long ago, like 25.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right. There were 17 in 1973. So that was the final round in 1973. 442 players picked. Oh, my God. What?
Speaker 4: This is just like, man, you know, sometimes doing a deep dive on Wikipedia is unbelievable. Guess who the first pick was in 1973? The first overall pick in 1973. Not for the Vikings.
Speaker 1: This is nuts. What team? Like where?
Speaker 4: It was the Houston Oilers.
Speaker 3: 1973?
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 4: He finished his career with 48 and a half sacks. He did win two Super Bowls. I will say this. Overwhelmingly, you don't remember him from football. He died at 38 years old in 1989.
Speaker 5: John Matuszak.
Speaker 4: John Matuszak, who played sloth in the Goonies. I had no idea he was number one overall. I knew he played football.
Speaker 5: Lyle Alzado, Raiders. College he played.
Speaker 1: You can do this.
Speaker 4: I'm looking right at it. Actually, I don't know if you can do this.
Speaker 1: This is tough.
Speaker 4: This would be unbelievable if you remember this.
Speaker 5: I saw the documentary on him.
Speaker 4: Okay, he went to Iowa Central in 69, then Missouri in 70, and then was it Tampa? The Tampa Spartans.
Speaker 1: Was Iowa Central where Starr went?
Speaker 4: No, he went to North West Missouri State or something? Or Northeast Missouri? Truman State or something to change his name to later?
Speaker 5: It's Truman State.
Speaker 1: Was Matuszak from Iowa? You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Matuszak was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He went to high school in Oak Creek, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: He's dead. He is dead. He died.
Speaker 4: Honestly, he died four years after Goonies.
Speaker 6: All those guys did so many steroids, especially those Raiders. Alzado too, man. They were so hopped up on steroids. How much fun would that be?
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy? If you just do a Wikipedia for John Matuszak, not a bad looking dude.
Speaker 1: Sloth was a freak.
Speaker 5: His mom dropped him on his head.
Speaker 4: Maybe once, maybe twice. What other stuff was he in? In terms of acting? I don't think much. He was in One Crazy Summer, which was the year after Goonies. That's actually a good movie, too. So he was in North Dallas 40 in 1979. He was in.
Speaker 5: One Boring Winter, the sequel.
Speaker 4: What is that? But man, he did a bunch of TV roles. He did MASH, Trapper John, Dukes of Hazzard.
Speaker 1: Trapper what?
Speaker 4: John, Silver Spoons, Fall Guy, Benson, Hunter, Miami Vice, Perfect Strangers.
Speaker 5: Benson was a great show.
Speaker 1: Benson, he was a butler, right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Benson was the butler. What the hell was it? Famous actor. Um, He's got a highfalutin name.
Speaker 1: Robert Guillaume?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it. Highfalutin. Ben's a cowboy, suddenly.
Speaker 4: Who would have thought we'd do Vikings News and end on Benson?
Speaker 1: How about that? We got all the way around. That was quite the run.
Speaker 4: But I mean, honestly, going back to where this whole Wikipedia rabbit hole started... It's even if Drake Lindsay goes in round four at some point, it would end a streak since 1972. When you want to, all you have to do, if you're a, if you're a 20 year old kid going, when was the last time the gophers were good?
Speaker 1: And why haven't we been good?
Speaker 4: It's because we haven't had a quarterback drafted in half a century.
Speaker 1: That's why. That is pretty remarkable.
Speaker 4: That's all you need to say is we haven't had.
Speaker 1: Our guy Adam Weber was close.
Speaker 4: We've had a lot of good quarterbacks. You have to have a game-changing quarterback to have a program that makes a run, like Mendoza in Indiana. You have to have one that is a first-round talent. And you're in the mix.
Speaker 3: And that's why, like you said, I think you're right. The key to the whole thing, if you're going to be good, good, like, oh, man, it's him. Because if you have a great quarterback, especially at the college level, it's a cheat code.
Speaker 4: It changes everything.
Speaker 1: It's a cheat code. Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: And that's what the scary part about that Mississippi State game is. That quarterback, he might run for 178 yards. And all of a sudden, you've got Anthony Smith chasing him, and you can't catch him. That's how those games can go sideways a little bit.
Speaker 4: Ron Johnson knows Dave Winfield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 8: He mentions it on Feinstein.
Speaker 5: I must have dreamt. Did we sign Dylan Bell to the practice squad?
Speaker 1: I think we did, yes.
Speaker 5: Okay, I don't see it on Vikings.
Speaker 1: And I saw.
Speaker 3: Yesterday that some people were saying that Brosmer re-signed, but there was no official. I never got an email that they... I need that official.
Speaker 4: I didn't see that either.
Speaker 5: I thought I saw that.
Speaker 3: But I saw a couple people tweet out that it was going to happen.
Speaker 4: So those are both practice squad guys? Because 24 hours ago they were not.
Speaker 1: They are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they got cut, and then they had to clear waivers. But I don't think the team is sent out. I haven't gotten an email, unless I missed it, which is possible, that those two guys.
Speaker 1: Let's hope not.
Speaker 3: But there were some dudes reporting it, like guys that know what they're doing, yesterday, that Brosmer was back.
Speaker 4: I'm a little surprised Rappaport didn't have Dylan Bell updates on his Twitter account.
Speaker 5: I like this kid, man. They like that kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lieber loves that kid.
Speaker 4: Talked about him a lot on Monday. Then he got cut immediately afterwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they cut him because Ben liked him.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: KOC is vindictive. Fan 5 in a second.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see you later. Thank you. Grimmer, see.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: Bye. All right. From the 1-800-ASK-GARY Traffic Center.
Speaker 5: This report is sponsored by the Minnesota...