Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show Look from Longnecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Hondo East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline Chile feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured called eight four four Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three to oph On seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Alright, let's get to it.
Speaker 3: If it's Thursday night, it must be the Roundtable Show. We must be hanging at it long. Next in Hebrew lancemcallister Rocky Boyman two Big hours to unfold all things Football, Bengals, Bearcats, high school football, college football, fantasy football, and more and rock There are some nights this show is three hours tonight, we would justifiably have three hours of content to get to We've got two to cram it in, and so much has happened. It feels like it feels like the Jamar Chase thing happened like weeks ago, because it's been replaced by a very big Joe Burrow story.
Speaker 2: Buh, we're gonna get to all of that. What do you say?
Speaker 3: I get the headlines out of the ways that we can go good Firewe all right? We start with those Bengals ramping up practice for the Patriots for the second straight day. Joe Burrow listed on the injury report as a full participant for the second straight day. Joe Flacco listed as limited at practice. We'll get into what that means here in a second. Thursday night football bills are at the Texans eight fifteen on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. You See has a Saturday night showdown at Nippert versus BYU Big Fox Big Noon kickoff from Fox will on the scene kickoff at eight. Chad Brendl previews it coming up at seven. Another ten thousand plus tickets sold for the Elder Saint X Regional Championship game Friday night at pay Court, according to reports that pushes sales over seventeen thousand, three hundred as we speak, College basketball tonight, College Basketball Tomorrow night, showdown downtown Tomorrow night. You see in Louisville six thirty tip from Heritage Bank Center tickets. I don't know if you've heard it ticketmaster dot com. Also through Planet Fitness, you can click unlock on your screen, click unlock on your screen and are Planet fifty Planet fifty and get fifty percent off your tickets. More on that with the West Miller Show coming up at eight following us NKU plays at Central Michigan, catch it at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. You See women are at Munsey to play ball State Tonight. Coverage in minutes on The Project Soccer. Xavier women lose four to one to Colorado in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, ending a heck of a season for the Musketeer and the NWSL championship is this weekend. The National Women's Soccer League. Best of luck to two locals in action. Aubrey Kingsbury from Saint Ursula is the starting keeper for the Washington Spirit and rose Leavelle from Mount Notre Dame starting midfielder for Gotham.
Speaker 2: Those are your headlines.
Speaker 3: All right, so we're gonna hear a little bit later on after the six thirty news part of the conversation that Tom Brenneman had with Zach Taylor this morning here on seven HUNDREDULW. But rock for the moment, what do we know and what do we think? Joe Burrow full go for the second straight day, Joe Flacco limited for the second straight day. I don't think it's a stretch to now believe that one. It sounds like Joe Burrow at the moment is healthier than Joe Flacco. I think Joe Burrow is going to start on Sunday. I think it now has been positioned is I think it'd be surprising if he doesn't. I mean, Jake Browning has been eliminated from the equation obviously, And if Joe Flacco didn't practice again, how does he start on Sunday? I think Joe Burrow is starting against the New England Patriots.
Speaker 4: Look, practice reps are few and far between. You don't get that many of them during the course of the week. So if he's getting all these reps and not playing, what a tremendous waste. If I'm Joe Flacco I'm saying, wait, I gotta get ready to play this game. So yeah, that means that tells me he's gonna play.
Speaker 3: I thought yesterday I thought it as things unfolded and we heard that Joe Flacco wasn't going to go, and that was kind of normal. The last couple of weeks he hasn't gone on Wednesdays. But when Joe Burrow was a full go, that told me that Jake Browning obviously wasn't.
Speaker 2: If my thought was.
Speaker 3: Wait, okay, if there's something that's going to linger with Flacco, then they they've got to get Browning ready if he can't go. And then once it was Joe or Browning or Burrow, so many different Joe's who got all of the snaps, I said, well, then they're not planning on Browning as a play on B Joe's. They're playing a right now. And I said this off air, and I'll say it again. What it's stunning that it's this quick to me. I think it's also stunning to think not only if he's going to start on Sunday, then that means would have to mean they believe he's then capable of turning around and starting again. Four days later for the Thursday night game, because the original debate was great, would you play him on Thursday or would you wait another week to play in that next game against Buffalo? But man, if you're doing it, it's not like you do it now and say just take Thursday off and we'll pick you up in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: So there's a whole lot going on.
Speaker 5: Right Let me ask you this, they're not.
Speaker 4: Part of the reason that they would play Joe Burrow isn't because Joe Flacco can't.
Speaker 3: That's a I had written that down to ask trags of I think that's a fair question. Is Joe Burrow playing because Joe Flacco is injured? And if that's the case, I think we're skipping the point of, well, wait a minute, I Joe Burrow'll be completely healthy.
Speaker 2: I'm not rushing.
Speaker 3: Him in to say Flacco because if you need to throw somebody to the dogs and let Jake Brown and go in there with no snaps, I'm not. I think that's a very good point because I'm not saying Joe Burrow take the reins because Flacco's I'm saying, Joe, you're okay. Doctor said you're okay. You feel okay. If that's the case, you're gonna sit.
Speaker 4: It shouldn't be that way, right, I think, is what you and I agree. Yeah, that should not be a part of the conversation. I'm busy playing or not.
Speaker 2: It's correct.
Speaker 5: He's healthy enough and he's ready to go. He can play.
Speaker 4: Not Geez Flacco can't go, So let's edge him in there. Yeah, I hope not well.
Speaker 3: Again, I thought it was a very interesting conversation that Tom had with Zach this morning. We'll hear that coming out of the six thirty five News. I did ask my very scientific Twitter question again this week after today's news, and I praised it this way, Are you cool with Joe Burrows starting on Sunday Rocket?
Speaker 2: Last check?
Speaker 3: Hundreds of thousands of votes last check, fifty one point four percent say they're cool with Joe's starting. Forty eight point six percent say they are not cool at Joe starting. When you do what we do in talk radio, those numbers are perfect. You get as many people there.
Speaker 5: One way is the other way. I don't have ever ever seen them, and I know of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about dad? All right, so let's do this. Let's take our first time out we'll come back. We'll get Trag's thoughts on all of this news. He talked with t Higgins and the players today. We'll see what they think about all this and work our way through two hours tonight. He's Rocky, I'm Lance. We're hanging out a Long Necks ind Hebron. It's the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope showdon round Table Show. It's presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW. There, let's keep rolling six twenty one on a Thursday night at Long Necks in Hebrew. The Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Showed and round Table Show.
Speaker 2: It's presented by Postman Law.
Speaker 3: Lance, but Calister Rocky Boyman Rock are opening thoughts on Joe Burrow. That plays into our hot topic around the NFL this week, brought to you by Hudson oiling champions on and off the field. Let's continue that hot topic conversation with our next guest. Oh what a week it's been for him covering the Bengals for c and as since he with a wide hot com host of the Jungle Roar podcast on YouTube. I can tell by his reaction, I hit the nail on the head. Mike Petralia. How are you in a busy week for the Bengals.
Speaker 6: I'm outside an adult Uh. Well, I shouldn't say adult boy, that's uh. I wanted to say I'm outside an establishment in Loveland.
Speaker 7: As a matter of fact.
Speaker 6: Oh, hearing Aerosmith's Draymond, how appropriate with the Patriots in town this weekend, one of Boston's finest bands, of course, one of my very favorite songs of all time. Uh playing in the background as I speak to you, gentlemen. And by the way, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I was gonna So that was the question was going to be, what do you what do your tea leaves tell you about this situation with Joe Burrow.
Speaker 6: Well, I go back and forth every maybe fifteen to twenty minutes.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, yes, no, maybe maybe yes no.
Speaker 6: I would say at this point, yes, he plays simply because I don't think the Bengals would list him full participation and go through the first team reps. And I think the strongest indication And if you check it out on my x page. The comments from t Higgins this afternoon about the look he gave t Higgins when t asked Joe if he were playing this weekend. It was a look and t later told us I took that look as a positive, meaning, yeah, I'm playing.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: T Higgins, you know, made it clear later in the interview that he doesn't know for sure one way or another.
Speaker 2: Only Joe knows that.
Speaker 6: But if you ask me right now on Thursday evening, three days before the game, I think Joe Burrow is going to try and go out and play for this reason. If the Bengals win the game, they are four and seven with a chance to go into Baltimore and still have a you know, a relevant shot at making a run in the AFC North with a win in Baltimore. To lose the game, and whatever Joe Burrow does on Thursday night in Baltimore means nothing in terms of the team's playoff chances going forward.
Speaker 4: Well, in Tragie Lance and I were just saying, I find it hard to believe they would give up valuable practice reps and there's not like you get you know, thousands of them during the course of a week. You know they would put Joe Burrow in on those reps and not another quarterback unless Burrow was playing. But let me ask you, this has there been any other medical updates on Joe Burrow or is he on what he's going to be wearing and anything like that.
Speaker 6: And the only thing we know is what Burrow told us two mondays ago, and that was that he's going to have some instrument in his left shoe to protect the tendon that was repaired below his left big toe.
Speaker 8: That's all we know.
Speaker 6: I will tell you that he looks like he's moving around really well in the practice, and he's throwing those off platform throws where he's leaning one way and throwing the other.
Speaker 2: He looks good doing that, and so take that for.
Speaker 8: What you will.
Speaker 6: We don't get to see the practice. It's really important to understand that the practices, in terms of the eleven and eleven work which he began this week, are closed to the media. Ted Carris reminded it reminded us of that this afternoon in.
Speaker 2: The locker room.
Speaker 6: So you don't know what we're doing in practice, and we're not about to tell you right now.
Speaker 3: Craig's is I'm trying to figure out how to say this is Is this all about Joe being ready or is there any element of it being Joe Flacco isn't going to be ready. Do you know what I'm saying is this is all I do Burrow. It's not necessity because of Flaco.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 6: I think it's eighty percent having Joe Burrow ready and Okay, Joe Burrow is ready to go, then he's ready to go. Twenty percent is yeah, Joe Flacco's banged up and they would rather have I think Joe Burrow available. If he's available, then Jake Browning at this point.
Speaker 9: And that's not meant to be a shot.
Speaker 6: At Jake Browning. It is what it is. They would rather have Burrow available. I will tell you this, and I think it's important to keep this in mind in terms of, you know, the roster manipulation going into the weekend. You are not activating Joe Burrow to be Joe Flacco's backup. You are activating Joe Burrow if you do to start him on some against New England. That would be my you know Nicol and dime kind of GM analysis there that in roster evaluation analysis that uh, if he's going to be activated, he's going to start and play against New England.
Speaker 4: All right, guys know Jamar Chase. So what's Zach Taylor said, what have you maybe seen it practice? Who's going to fill that role?
Speaker 7: So that's great question.
Speaker 6: Uh, you know, you move everybody up.
Speaker 8: One.
Speaker 6: T Higgins becomes the one, Andre Yo Sibasch becomes the two, and then you're looking at I think at mich Tinsley. They really trust Mitchell Tinsley UH to fill in that role as the third receiver in the offense. They've loved his work ethic, the way he's you know, put his nose to the grindstone ever since training camp. He didn't have a spot on the roster, he earned it, uh, and they love his attitude and I would expect Mitchell Tinsley UH to step into that role pretty fluidly. In terms of what could be behind Tinsley, you're looking at Charlie Jones, who also obviously has kick return and punt return responsibilities, and then what about Jermaine Burton.
Speaker 2: Is this the moment where he.
Speaker 6: Perhaps gets an opportunity to step into the role of, you know, an extra receiver on the roster or not. And I think it'll be very telling if he's activated Sunday or if he's not activated in terms of what his role is on the team going forward, Tregs.
Speaker 3: We obviously know the Bengals have a lot of work to improve this defense by next season. You've written about the Patriots who did a quick one offseason jolt of a turnaround of their defense.
Speaker 2: How have they gone about doing it.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 6: They've brought in I believe it is land six free agents, two of which have played for Mike Brabele before. They've done it up and down, up and down the D one defensive lineman to go along with Christian Barmore, who Bengal fans should keep a very close eye on Sunday. He's one of the best defensive players on that team, no question. Then they remade their linebacking corps, which I think the Bengals really need to think about doing this year. I don't I'm not trying to trash the rookies Demetrius Knight Junior and Barret Carter by any stretch, but those two need two or three veterans in alongside them to help them grow and not have everything thrown on their shoulders. The Patriots did that this year with their linebacking corps. And then they have a new safety, and they have a new cornerback, and they just completely remade their attitude, remade their roster. They have a fly to the ball mentality, very aggressive Mike Rable's defense. They like the blitz and you could see a little bit of that on Sunday. But they are the best run stopping team in the National Football League, allowing just over eighty four yards a game.
Speaker 3: All right, Trags, you're all over all of this that is unfolding with the Bengals. Tell listeners how they can read, watch it and follow along.
Speaker 6: All right online cln S Sincy with a y dot com. You can see my latest story on whether or not Joe Burrow will play and reading the tea leaves as you put at Lance that's up there now online. You can also check out all my locker room interviews, including today's interview with t Higgins that is up on the X at Trags t r ags, and of course my YouTube page for the Jungle War Bengals postgame pod along with Richard Skinner of Local twelve that is at YouTube dot com slash Jungle.
Speaker 3: Roar odd and I would add to that your Bengals apology letter story you wrote cl n S since you with the why dot com was superb and a must read.
Speaker 2: Very well done.
Speaker 6: I appreciate appreciate you Lance. Thank you very much for saying that you are too kind.
Speaker 2: Have a great night, Drags. We'll talk.
Speaker 3: Uh, we'll be in touch because well I got to see if you can talk on Wednesday or not because we're not here on Thursday.
Speaker 5: You can't say no.
Speaker 2: Ye, Well, my people will talk with your people. How's that rocky?
Speaker 8: You know me?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Thanks, Drags, Rags, Bye, it is Uh, Mike Petrellia check it in on the Bengals front. We're late. Let's get a check on news. Then you'll hear what Zach Taylor told Uh. Tom Brenneman, He's rocky. On Lance Roundtable Show, Long Knicks and Hebret seven hundred WLW six eight Thursday Night. Thanks for hanging out with us, Don Little Bengals Football. The Cincinnati tax resolution powered by Top showed in Roundtable Show brought to you in part by Hawksword Blood Centers, Hawksword Donor Save Lives Close to Home. Who will you save? Let's do our standing ovation for last week. It's presented by our friends at Ovation at the Urban Resort where Cincinnati coming to the Newport come together. We'll go Chase Brown for last week's performance, went over one hundred yards in total offense for a fourth consecutive game.
Speaker 2: Eighteen carries ninety nine yards, had six catches out of the backfield as well.
Speaker 3: Chase Brown gets our standing ovation from Ovation, brought to you by our friends each week applod Life Experience Ovation Visit Ovation on the River dot Com. And while we're at it, let's double up and do the drive of the week. Since we're on the offensive theme, brought to you by Driveway Dumpster. Driveway Dumpter's in Cincinnati, black and yellow does mean trash. Visit d Dumpsters dot com. We'll go the opening drive of the game. They scored on the opening drive. It was efficient and then the struggles after that. But opening drive our drive of the week. All right, before we hear from Zach Taylor spoy We're rock. I got a text from my wife this morning. Tell me if you can relate to this. This is our family group tech and this arrived at eleven sixteen this morning, and I'm in my office and I get it, and she had written the following, I had a weird feeling in my stomach when I woke up this morning. I need all of you to be on high alert today.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Who's that from again? My wife? Your wife to me, Kelly and Casey.
Speaker 5: Now I can't even a lot of the things.
Speaker 2: And I replied, wait, what is this? Have you been hacked?
Speaker 3: And she said no, I've had this weird feeling since I woke up of nerves called women's intuition to which.
Speaker 5: Are you going to be a father again?
Speaker 10: With?
Speaker 2: Well, that's not possible. How dare you?
Speaker 5: I got a story about that. I'll tell you during the bray. Anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Peyton's response was, this is such a dark omen you've put upon all of us. That's how my morning had photoed with my family, dark, ominous, foreboding thoughts and concerns from my wife, so.
Speaker 5: Bad feeling in her stomach.
Speaker 3: Out right now, you've you've unnerved me with your input to the subject matter.
Speaker 5: Well you shouldn't have asked me.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true.
Speaker 3: Let's go earlier in the morning at I think it was eight thirty five this morning, Zach Taylor checked in for his weekly conversation with Tom Brennam, and the subject matter was, of course, Joe Burrow, I want.
Speaker 2: You to take a listen.
Speaker 3: This is two minutes from their extended It was an extended conversation to have each week. But here's two minutes of Tom pressing Zach about the status of Joe Burrow for Sunday.
Speaker 2: Take a listen.
Speaker 10: Once you got out there in practice, what did you see out of Joe Burrow?
Speaker 9: I was pleased.
Speaker 7: I thought he looked good first day, taking eleven on eleven reps and so that was a great starting point for him, and I hadn't done that for two months, so I was pleased to ushaw.
Speaker 10: He has listed as a full participant. Is Joe Burrow going to play on Sunday?
Speaker 8: Well, we don't know that yet.
Speaker 7: You know, it's kind of a balance of Joe Flacco has him been practicing on Wednesdays. So it was a great opportunity to get Joe Burrow out there to take as many reps as possible. So yeah, he took all the reps, but but that was a balance with Joe has not been practicing on Wednesdays last few weeks, and so we'll just keep working through these next couple of days.
Speaker 10: When do you plan on making a decision about that. Let's put it this way, is there a chance that he plays Sunday.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not there yet.
Speaker 7: You know, it's one day of practice isn't going to lead to that decision yet. So we're just the time we have at our disposal and tell them what the best decision we can.
Speaker 10: Are you even amazed that he's even on the practice field at this point in time?
Speaker 7: Am I amazed now? Because I've watched this guy for the last six years and I've seen him. He's obviously wired different than everybody else. That's why he's who he is. Why he's a National champion, Heightsman Trophy, winning first pick in the draft, all that kind of stuff, NFL comeback player, the all the stuff that he's earned. And so I've just now seen enough to where I just know that's who he is. And this isn't the first rehab he's had to go through, so he knew what that process was. Obviously different injuries. Proud of him, not surprised, maybe surprise the rest of the world. Is really impressive the work that he's done to get back on the field as quickly as he did.
Speaker 10: You have to make a decision, and you'll consult with others, But will this be a situation where Joe might come into you, Joe Burrow, he might come to you and say, hey, you know, coach, I feel like I'm ready to go.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, And then that's that's that's my job, you know, to balance balance all the information and protect the player and make the best decision possible. But yeah, absolutely, he's certainly got his opinions when he's put in the work and feels how he does, and and we'll balance all that information, all right.
Speaker 10: Come on, come on, coach, come on, I'm going to circle back to it one more time. I have to do it. Come on, coach, you can tell us right now. Burrow's playing it. He's playing it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, I wish I could. I wish I had that decision today, you know, honestly, it's I'm going to take an all the information I can and make sure it's the best one for Joe and our team, and we'll go from there.
Speaker 3: Earlier this morning, Zach Taylor with Tom Brenneman. A couple of things stand out and listen to that. That and I I hear that every week. That's says and I don't know what this means. That's as loose and upbeat as Zach Taylor has been the entire season, which on the surface, I think people would say, well, that makes no sense. They're three and seven. The season may be effectively over. But clearly there was a lose. I mean he was he was engaged with Tom, you know how just a quick answer and you know, let's look at your watch, let's get done with the segment. But he was he was kind of playing along and laughing along with it, and that. I don't know what that tells me, but it was very clear this morning.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is good.
Speaker 4: Detective work by you. There will only be one reason why he would be more excited.
Speaker 2: His guy's gonna his guy's back. Let Roy, let's go.
Speaker 3: See. We said this last week, and I think we're going to remain on the same page if I think we believe if he's medically cleared, and he has been, if he's been able to go full go, and he wants.
Speaker 2: To play, players play, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, players want to play.
Speaker 4: I mean it's the players that want to be out and I've seen a few over the course of my career, but for the most.
Speaker 5: Part that the guys want to play.
Speaker 4: You want to go do radio because that's what you do in life, and a football player. That's what they do in life, is is play football. So I think you know, the the question is is Zach Taylor cannot be swayed solely upon how bad Joe Burrow wants to be out there, because he wants to be out there.
Speaker 5: He's gotta set that.
Speaker 4: He's got to shelf that a little bit and say, Okay, he wants to be out there, but this is the best thing for him and us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to me, you're you're in the pecking order. You need your medical staff. Obviously, obviously to say we have watched his rehab, we continue to scan, X ray, whatever, we've done, the strength test. This is now sixty something days in. He's medically cleared. Let him practice, he's done that. Second tier. Joe, do you feel comfortable? Obviously he feels comfortable. He's gone out in full practice two days in a row. So I just think it checks the boxes down to him. I've heard this, you know how this is. And there's no question. Whenever he plays, whether it's Sunday or not, people will will operate from a point of fear that something's going to happen to it. Well, the reality is, somebody told me if he's got any chance of getting hurt on Sunday, he shouldn't play. My response was, everybody taking the field in the NFL on Sunday has a chance of getting heart. You can't not play because you might get hurt. Yeah, and I hear this. The second thing is, well, this defense is so bad it doesn't matter that to me, has can't have anything to do. I mean, who's to say the Bengals defense would be any good next season?
Speaker 2: Do you want to sit out Joe Burrow next season?
Speaker 5: Years?
Speaker 2: I don't understand what the.
Speaker 3: Defense being good or bad has to do with whether you play your best player, who's one of the best players.
Speaker 2: In the NFL.
Speaker 3: Worry about the defense separate from from Joe Burrow. If he's healthy and he's cleared all the levels and he has for two days.
Speaker 4: In a row that he's gonna play, And again, I think, certainly affecting me and a lot of folks was the initial prognosis was this is really really bad and this is going to take a long time if he can ever come back at all this year. The fact that it's happening earlier, I mean, I've seen it.
Speaker 5: It can go both ways. Sometimes I'll hope be back in a couple of weeks. How many time have you seen that?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: That takes That's why that's a great point. And if I that's why I never understood when when David Bell, specifically his Reds manager, he would get so detailed and some coaches or managers over the years would get detailed about, you know, the time frame and when we expect him back.
Speaker 2: I said, why would you say anything along those lines?
Speaker 8: Bad?
Speaker 2: You put you put the.
Speaker 3: Player in the in the organization in a box of expectations.
Speaker 8: Up.
Speaker 2: Well, he's not back by this day, then what's wrong with him? Well?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 3: Maybe it takes longer. Maybe, And I hear people say in this case, they are rushing him back. Well, who, what's the definition of rushing and who's determining the definition? Because somebody initially thought he wouldn't play this year because he is, it's rushing him.
Speaker 2: Well, what if he's just what if he's fine? Would you would the answer be? Well, I don't care if he's fine.
Speaker 3: The expectation initially was he wouldn't play this season, so he's not.
Speaker 2: That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: No, I see if this makes sense, I think I would feel more like they were rushing him back. If this was week sixteen and I needed to win two games to make the play, that would feel like.
Speaker 5: But this is like, you know, the season, you know it ain't looking good already.
Speaker 4: But the fact that they think he can play means it price says more about his health.
Speaker 3: Than if it was the other way. Yeah, that makes sense. Having said all this, I'll be right with everybody else. Every time he takes a snap, I'm gonna watch him hold my breath and see that he gets up off the ground and he's okay.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just the way. That's that's the way it is. Would you, I mean, should I don't throw the ball.
Speaker 4: I don't care if he has you know, I don't care if he has ten incompletions and throwing the ball, it doesn't matter to me.
Speaker 5: I hope he learned, you know, for.
Speaker 4: Use this as an experience to help because later in life as a player.
Speaker 5: That's what I hope that. I just know.
Speaker 3: I just you can't not play him because you're scared, and you can't not play him because he might get hurt. And part of this is going to have to be the acceptance on every single play everybody can get hurt.
Speaker 2: So the fact that Joe Burrow had a wrist.
Speaker 3: And he had a knee, and he had a calf and he had a this a toe, Yes, true, can't change that. But you you can't not play him and you can't put him in bubble wrap. He's a quarterback and he's the best player in your team, and he's going to take snaps on Sunday and I can't wait.
Speaker 2: And I'll feel a.
Speaker 3: Little queasy in my stomach, but I can't wait to watch him.
Speaker 5: No, it'll be fun and I'm sure there will be some things.
Speaker 3: And if he limps off the field, I am done with everybody in the organization.
Speaker 5: That's right, you'll strike all this. We just said from the record.
Speaker 2: That's right to total organizational bow practice.
Speaker 5: Doubt.
Speaker 3: Take a time out town the stretch in the first of two hours. It's a tax resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show, Long Next in Hebret was out of my Postma law seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're flying through this Thursday night at Long.
Speaker 3: Nex in Hebron for the round Table Show. It's brought to you in park by ever Dry Waterproofing. It's not dry until it's ever dry. And Miami University, where today's students become tomorrow's leaders. Visit Miami. Oh Dot e du. You were telling me during the break we were talking about Miami's win. We'll mention them a little bit later in our college football weekend preview. But Miami got a win last night, and our guy Chuck Martin took a spill and got run over on the sidelines. I was worried about him, and you said, you texted me he's okay.
Speaker 4: He he is okay, and I guess he released the statement saying that he's never been hit that hard his life, but that he was a Division three safety and that's why he's saying. I did stay away from that stuff. But no, RedHawks doing great.
Speaker 3: Bowl eligible for the ninth time in ten years. Good for the RedHawks. Reminder programming. No, we are here next Wednesday, Wednesday six to eight, in advance of Thanksgiving on Thursday. Of course, the gang's all here tonight. Good to see Mike Gleeson and family here. Good to see Fran and lovely wife Phyllis and attendance tonight.
Speaker 2: As always, Mike Mills.
Speaker 3: Our engineer Joe Waddell are producer Chloe taking care of us tonight, Chloe. Clutch from Chloe because I'm a big fan of the grilled chicken salad they have in a vinigarrette dressing and his strawberries on it. She said, we're out of strawberries, and I said, oh, I said that's okay, and she then she paused, said I could add blueberries.
Speaker 5: And I said, ooh, you are a manly man.
Speaker 2: Let's add the blueberries.
Speaker 3: You're mocking me, j you and you see, Chris, He's going to send me a text soon say who puts blueberry on their salad? It's a damn good salad with strawberries. It was really good with blueberry. So nice pivot for the kitchen plot. The kitchen nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, there you go.
Speaker 3: Thank you Chloe for the suggestion of the blueberries tonight. Anything else, anything else you want to say critical of me? I agree with a moment for a while, let's do the check of the AFC North Brought to you by Brandstader's kangaroof your hometown roofing, guttering and siding experts covering Cincinnati Holmes for over twenty five years. Visit go Kaga dot net. They hop to it. Steelers six and four at the Bear seven and three. That'll be a good matchup this weekend the Browns and Raiders. That will not be a good matchup, battle of two and eight teams while the red hot Ravens suddenly surging Ravens from what one in five to now five and five. I believe they take on the Jets, who are two and eight. Time to name our defensive player of the week, and there is justification for who we name this week. Some weeks we search for anyone who we could put in this category. Rock our defensive play of the game brought to you by Oconnor at Chaney and Levy Attorneys. You know attorneys you trust. Visit Oa l dash law dot com. It is amazing how far I've come in the delivery of that card seamless. He you talk about a team coming out of the preseason, they have their Week one issues.
Speaker 2: Some get better, some don't. I have clearly up.
Speaker 5: To my game, almost to the point where it's.
Speaker 3: Just just ye clows. Yeah, I could probably do it with my eyes closed. Our defensive player the game will be Miles Murphy. He had I believe seven tackles, He had a sack, he had two quarterback hits, he had a tackle for loss, and that is clearly encouraging because we've asked that of Miles Murphy for what three years?
Speaker 2: Now. The key becomes, you can do it once? Now?
Speaker 3: Can you put can you stack games? Can you do it again? Because he's got a feel, I mean, I would imagine. I think it's safe to say it's his best game of his career. So what does the confidence do to maybe propel him to doing it on a more regular basis. Which changes is the complexion of that pass rush, and a lot.
Speaker 5: Of times that is how it happens.
Speaker 4: You know, you kind of fight, things aren't going right, but you do well and you get some confidence from it. So yeah, I mean, this is a game of consistency. You gotta put it out there every single week.
Speaker 5: Hopefully you can.
Speaker 3: Now what I don't get and what bothers me more and more each week, Rock, And with seven games to go, I think this becomes like open seasons volunteers off the street, who wants to play defense for this team? I just I don't know how you would continue to play Geno Stone, because it has to at some point be about pride and effort. If there's any thread that's gonna keep this team together and move it forward, it's gonna be a pride in performance and what you're committed to this team with.
Speaker 2: I see Geno.
Speaker 3: Stone approach tackling like, let's be honest, like he doesn't give a damn doesn't care. And it's infuriating to watch that Darnell Washington play where he's pushing guys around and and there was a decision clearly made by Genostone along the sidelines up, well, I'm not gonna do this because that that's probably gonna be real physical and it might bruise me, and and he he turned away from it, and it's just it's insulting to watch. That's what I don't understand. Al Golden and Zach Taylor, with as precarious a situation as the team is in accepting week to week, somebody who's not committed to something as simple and basic and needed as.
Speaker 5: Tackling, well, I think you know, I've talked about it to me.
Speaker 4: The biggest issue is like from their eyes, there was such a deficiency.
Speaker 5: At linebacker and we had to go that route.
Speaker 4: We had to get you know, bench Logan Wilson and had to inject the rookie in there and even though they had no experience and then had to get rid of Logan. It's like that position group, it's like we're really evaluating that, like to the minute, and then the safety position.
Speaker 5: It's like, huh, the same guy.
Speaker 3: And you know, that's a great point, because it'd be one thing I'd entertain the conversation if Geno Stone was like a big money, big contract, guaranteed money guy and you're thinking, oh, what are we gonna do with it?
Speaker 2: We take a cap in. That's the guy who they forced to take a pay cut.
Speaker 3: They said, if you want to keep playing for us, you're gonna make less money. What I would play and I know I'm prone to hyperpole, this is not hyperpole. I would play with ten guys on defense before I use genostone to be my eleventh player. That's how bad he's performed a miss team.
Speaker 5: Well, at least put in a backup.
Speaker 2: Safe and for how long?
Speaker 3: And maybe and I forget who said it.
Speaker 2: It's a great point, and I wish I could give him credit.
Speaker 3: But for all the missed tackles, do you know where tackles aren't missed? Or they haven't been noticeable being missed special teams.
Speaker 2: Now, what does that tell you.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of guys who are backups who are playing on special teams, Tyson Anderson, who aren't missing tackles on special teams.
Speaker 2: Why not see.
Speaker 3: If that could be the case if you put Anderson in the secondary as a safety.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just it just it.
Speaker 2: Drives me crazy this point.
Speaker 3: Even Josh Newton, there was a play if you want, and I forget who cut it up to show it. Josh Newton had an opportunity where he was in pursuit and basically stopped and it's almost like the cartoon Bubby would say, now I'm not gonna do.
Speaker 2: That, and he turned away from the play.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I don't know how as a coach you continue to put up with that on the field.
Speaker 4: You absolutely can, I mean that's the minimum you can put out there, is your best effort.
Speaker 5: And then you know, look, if they make.
Speaker 4: A better play because they're a better athlete or a better player, you can live with that as a code. Yeah, but I don't know how you keep rolling those guys out there.
Speaker 3: I don't All right, I got all fired up field better now Let's go into the seven o'clock aur Chad Brendle, Greg Shoemaker, Dan Klaskins, Rockies Road and more. He is Rocky, I'm Land Cincinnati, Tex. Resolution powered by top Sheldon Round Table Show Long Nexit Hebred presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Cincinnati Tex. Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Table Show Look from Longnecks presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Hondo East Power Equipment Dealer, Skyline Chili feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, let's drive Postman Law Injured called eight four four Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sholdon five one three five one three t oph On seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 3: Anyway we go our number two underway from Long Necks in Heburn. Shout out to young Beckett who just stopped up and said hello to Rocket say go Bombers. Yeah that's Laura Beckett. Thanks for stopping by, Tod. We are into our second and final hour tonight with a lot to get to He's Rocky on Lance.
Speaker 2: Let's get to it. Let's talk.
Speaker 3: You see Bearcats Saturday night nip at Night hosting number eleven BYU at his senior night Big nowon kickoff in town for an or early morning celebration of UC football, the day that we'll be in college football. Let's get perspective on that. Demand from Bearcat Journal dot com Chad Brendle, how are you.
Speaker 8: Delightful? I feel like I just saw Rocky. I feel like I just got done talking for three hours.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, all right, let's start here. And I don't want to make this about Brendan stores because I feel like I pick on him sometimes. What has caused this offense to get bogged down here during this stretch?
Speaker 8: I think against Utah, Utah is just better. Yeah, I just flat out like one through eleven, Utah has got a better defense and Cincinnati has an offense. Against Arizona were plays to be had, and since that he didn't make them, I mean there were there were multiple drops on plays that would have extended drives. Soresby. I didn't think put the ball in a bad spot all that often. I thought he did pretty well considering when you look at the numbers, it says he had a bad game, but if you go back and look, I thought he was pretty effective. They just are in this this spot where they need their best players to be their best players, and the last two weeks they haven't been. And it was insurmountable against Utah because of the you know, the talent disparity. I thought Arizona was the first time this season they were playing a team with a pretty equal level of talent and got out played. And some of that is on Sowersby, but some of it is just a function of the offense in general. Far too many three and outs, just way too many three and outs. And you saw it the entire second and third quarter. It was just like, let's see how fast we didn't get rid of the foot. It was hot potato with the football lance.
Speaker 4: And chan I said this to you earlier, on a brighter note. I have Alabama this weekend, so I was looking up, Okay, how's you know their offensive line? I was looking up the Joe Moore Award semi finalists. So Joe Moore Award goes to college football's best offensive line. Not only was Alabama not on there, not only was Ohio State and others not on there, but you see was you see offensive line one of ten semi finalists for the Joe Moore Award.
Speaker 5: I thought that was pretty cool talk about that group.
Speaker 8: I mean, they've only allowed three facts on the season, which is incredible considering how much they throw the football and how often Brendan Soersby's in the pocket. And then you mix that with also being one of the better run game offensive lines in the sport, and yeah, that's a huge test to Nick Cardwell, it's a huge testament to Zach Grant and Jack Griffin for their ability to identify in the portal and find Joe Cotton and find Taran Tayo. I mean, remember last year we were talking they're losing three NFL quality linements left tackle, left guard, right guard, Like, oh my goodness, what's this offense, what's the how are they going to be able to piece this offensive line together? And they got better and those guys have been really good and pretty much every facet of the game now they're going to get a major test again against BYU. BYU like to heat you up. They bring a lot of pressure. They'll blitz five, they'll blit six. So the job's not done yet, but man, they've had an excellent season.
Speaker 2: It is a senior night Saturday night.
Speaker 3: I believe twenty two of them, a group headlined by Dante Corleone, Gavin Gearhart. You're around, You've been around this program, around these guys. You see classes come and go. Just give a little context or a perspective on what this group. Kind of your takeaway on this group and their impact on this program.
Speaker 8: Especially Gavin and Dante. Those guys have had literal millions of reasons to not be loyal to this program. You're right, they were brought in by a different coach. There was a downturn. They didn't win at the rate that they were used to winning in this era of college football. There are a whole bunch of Gavin Gerhart's and Dante Corleones that put themselves on the open market, went to the highest bidder and went about their business. Those two guys, one from Xenia, one from Cincinnati, they love this football program as much as just about anybody I've ever encountered through U SEE football over nineteen years of doing this, and I really for those two guys specifically, I really want to see them finish this thing strong, because I remember they came in you know, Peach Bowl and Cotton Bowl and you know, college football playoffs, and you're young and you feel like it's gonna last forever, and then there was a downturn. Man, I'd love nothing more than to see them and this thing at nine to three, whether they can make it into the Big twelve championship game or not, I just want to see them both go out on a high note because they're such high quality kids, and in this day and age, it's really hard to find guys of that quality that are loyal and love the school and the program as much as those two have shown over the years. I mean, gosh, guys, how many millions could Dante Not that he hasn't been fairly compensated at Cincinnati, but on the open market, my goodness, how much money he could have made.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: You, probably more than most, maybe more than any, have a finger on the pulse of the fan base and how they view what goes on with his program. I don't want to say Saturday Night is a but you know the thought of in some corners there's a deja vu fuel going on of we've seen this team start fast and then fade. How big is Saturday Night?
Speaker 8: I think it's huge. Just you know, I think part of the problem, especially this year, like your three hardest games of the season are these three games. Yeah, Utah, Arizona BYU. So you did a great job winning the games you were supposed to win and fighting to that point where you were seven and one. Now you've got to go out and show that the program has taken the next step. And BYU is probably a little bit more talented than Cincinnati top to bottom. Go beat a team that's a little bit better than you, like. I think that's the thing that fans are waiting for before they really buy in, because that's that's what you know, That's what Arizona State did last year when Arizona State was in a very similar position to Cincinnati, sitting there at the end of the season with a couple conference losses. They needed things to break the right way. They won those games down the stretch and then the tiebreaker fell their way. Well, you know how you make the tiebreaker fall your way. You beat BYU on Saturday, and then you've got a leg up because you beat one of the best teams in the conference. So I think the fan base wants to buy in, wants to believe, but they need that moment, They need that, you know, that action from the program to signal, Okay, we're back and we're ready to win this type of game. That's what Saturday night is all about. And the line would tell you, and BYU on the road would tell you. They beat Colorado by one. Okay, they were tied with Iowa State in the fourth quarter, they were down by ten to Arizona with four minutes left in the game. They all they won all those three games, of course, because they're really good. And then they got blown out of Texas Tech. Those are their four conference road games. The opportunity if Cincinnati plays well is there to beat BYU. Go do it.
Speaker 3: Last thought, I got to ask you a basketball question for tomorrow night. Speaking of lines, I don't know the ones posted yet. I would assume you see somewhere in the neighborhood of eight and a half to a ten point dog tomorrow night. What what does UC have to do to hang with and perhaps knock off Louisville tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: The surprisingly lanced and I think you're probably right on where the line is going to fall. Ken Tom has this as a five point game. Oh eighty three seventy eight. Louisville they're gonna have to defend. I mean, I want to see what Louisville looks like when they're out of their comfort zone offensively. Yeah, they've played four games, They've scored over one hundred and three times and ninety six in the other Can Cincinnati's high end defense make Louisville a little uncomfortable? You know, you probably are going to have to hope for some help from the uh the depth perception at Heritage Bank Arena, I got, I got breaking news for you, Lance, This is this is exclusive. Okay, okay, there there will be new rims at Heritage Bank Arena for this game. New floor and new rims being brought in for this to the old Like you know that the rims are terrible at Heritage Bank Arena, new rims will be there tomorrow night. Now, I would think if new rims that haven't been used yet, they'd probably be a little tight. But that's just me. Uh, but you need you need Louisville to be a little cold and and some of that is going to be Cincinnati's defense, and then you need to make some shots. Like if you go three and a half for five minute stretches without getting a bucket, Louisville's probably going to run you out of the gym. So you know, play good defense and don't have the long scoring droughts. Get things to that final seven eight minutes and see where the chips fall.
Speaker 3: So new rims, tighter and defense, so it'll be sixty to fifty nine. You see wins at the buzzer and both team shoot thirty from the field.
Speaker 8: Yeah, take the under that yeah real quick. Yes, if you have not seen Louisville play, enjoy what Mikeel Brown?
Speaker 2: Oh that MIKEL Brown is my goodness?
Speaker 8: Outstanding. I mean, I know Boozer and Debanza and Peterson get all the love in this class, but I have Mike de Corsi on today, and you know who. Mike said, this kid kind of reminded him of who Tyres Halliburton, Shay Gilgus, Alexander type player.
Speaker 2: Oh is that all? Wow?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's all. That's just just two of the best guards, maybe the two best guards right now in the NBA. He is that good. He is Cincinnati will absolutely have their hands full trying to stop him tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: They have and I was talking about this with Pat the other night on the show. They have ninety assist on one hundred and thirty three baskets.
Speaker 2: They've got six sixty eight percent.
Speaker 3: Of their baskets are assisted on, and they're averaging twenty two assistant game.
Speaker 8: And the other thing is, I know people look at them as like a three point shooting team because they do shoot it really well. They are eighth in the country and two point field goal percentage at sixty one point eight percent. So they shoot the three at a really high level, and they shoot the two at an even higher level. Threes and dunks. That's what That's what Pat Kelsey's team does. It's it's gonna be a challenge for the Bearcat tomorrow night, no doubt about it. Thanks sir, appreciate you gentlemen.
Speaker 5: Fuck soon, all right, thanks chat.
Speaker 2: He is a chick.
Speaker 3: Brendel Bearcat Journal dot com again tomorrow night, Heritage Bank Center six thirty, tip ticketmaster dot com for tickets and rock I don't know if you've heard this. If you go to Ticketmaster right now and click on the unlock and Planet fifty Planet five zero, you'll get half priced tickets for the There'll be a little as you pull up the screen on Ticketmaster of the arena, you'll see it unlock the words unlocked. Click unlock Planet fifty get half off tickets tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: We'll take a time out and come back.
Speaker 3: How about we do the uh oh, some thoughts on the patriots, some perspective from the Patriots. We have two guys who we've scared off. They came walking up and they looked like people were.
Speaker 2: Gonna say hi. And now they're like backing up, not even turning, and they're just guy vibes right here. Yeah, there you go?
Speaker 5: High five? Can I get a high five?
Speaker 2: There you go? Where are your guys' names?
Speaker 5: Ethan and Linked Lincoln?
Speaker 3: All right, guys, thanks for stopping by the show. We're thanks, we appreciate that. So shout out everybody. Shout out to Lincoln for stopping by and hanging out. Initially I really thought we'd scare them off. They look on their faces. Oh, and then they just started backing up like we don't want anything.
Speaker 2: To do with those two. Take a time out to continue.
Speaker 3: It's the Roundtable Show, Long Necks in hebron presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW. Rolling along on a Thursday night of the Roundtable Show from Long Necks in heberd brought to you and brought by Hawksworth Blood Centers, Hocksworth Donors Save Lives close to Home. Who will you Save the Lions? Pacalister Rocky Boyman Rolling till eight and we'll hand things off to the Wes Miller Show coming up eight to nine. Here on seven hundred WLW. Let's check the injury report. The Postman Law Injury Report delivered by Postman Law Injured.
Speaker 2: Postman delivers news the day.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow a full participate in practice today for the second straight day. Joe Flacco limited for the second straight day. That's our Postman Law injury report delivered by Postman Law Injured. Called eight four to four Postman Time to take a look at this week's opponent that is presented by Game Day Men's Health. Get back in the game today, Patriots. The opposition Red two started one and two. They're now nine to two. Bob Socy the Voice of the Patriots joined dand Lapp last night on Bengals Game Plan on ESPN fifteen thirty and talked about the level of surprise he finds in this season at ninety two for the Patriots compared to expectations.
Speaker 11: Here's Bob Soci I'm somewhere between Motley surprised and out and out shot. Especially after one and two start, losing to Pittsburgh for example, in Week three, turning the ball over five times, losing the opener to Las Vegas as well, I thought the Patriots would be much improved. Mike Rabol taking over a coaching staff with a lot of cohesiveness and chemistry and experience. You could see in training camp for the Patriots were headed for a much more confident and competitive season. Drake May it certainly looked like he was poised to improve, not as much.
Speaker 5: As I believe today is as he has.
Speaker 11: I think, you know, his rapid growth in Josh McDaniel's system has been really startling in a lot of respect, and they start upgraded the roster considerably. The free agent class that they brought in certainly added a lot of talent in spots where they last year were Barren, and I think the draft class, you could see that there was some athleticism there with Trey van Anderson for example, in the preseason that they've been lacking a potential playmaker. But the way this season has gone from that one and two start to beating the Bills on Sunday night in Buffalo and the bounce they got from that game, and the way they have consistently competed, and then it's a big thing. This is a team that's where it's at because they continued to compete. The defense gives up an opening drive score with regularity, but then they find a way to turn things around. They haven't beaten themselves. They've taken advantage of bad football, and they've made a lot of big plays something that really was not existing in recent years to the variety ways in which they've done it.
Speaker 3: Bob Soci Voice of the Patriots last night in Rock one more quick comment before the bottom of the news about the impact that Mike Rabel and the coaching staff and a change it coach the head coach and on the staff has impacted the impact it's had on his Patriots.
Speaker 2: Steve take a listen.
Speaker 11: I mentioned competence and confidence and cohesiveness for the Patriots coaching staff during training cap that it was evident, and I think that carried over to their players.
Speaker 5: I think this is.
Speaker 11: A team that was fully bought in when the season started, and their faith wasn't shaken after that one and to start, and as I mentioned the defense, they're not exactly you know, a team that racks up a lot of impressive numbers. They've given up a fair number of big plays. They haven't gotten to the quarterback as often as we thought they would, they haven't turned the ball over in the last two games, and they give up opening drive touchdowns or field goals in almost every game. And yet they have guys out there that are competing effort and finish. You watch the effort to the football on just about every play, and I think that's kind of a sign of this team as a whole.
Speaker 3: Effort to the football. And they both even their coach. If you look at the roster, it's not a star studded roster. They're the plus minus is zero. They played the easiest schedule in the NFL. But there's that old cliche greater than the sum of the parts, and when you can speak to this when you get a new coach, if your players buy into what you're selling, you can do things that people don't expect. And this Patriots team has bought in on Mike Rabel. They believe in what he's doing.
Speaker 4: They've bought into him last because I mean they they they played to the style that he is. I mean they played his identity, which he's a tough guy. Yes, no bs, you know we're gonna run to the ball, We're gonna be out physical the other team. So they've taken on that identity. And as a player, that's the identity you kind of want to have, right And so I mean credit to him. The Titans I always thought were foolish for for moving on from him, even though I understand a little bit of it.
Speaker 5: But now they're playing. Well.
Speaker 2: We uh, look at that. You ended your comment exactly at seven thirty.
Speaker 5: There's one thing that finds at the right time really good.
Speaker 3: We'll take a time out when we come back. Oh high school football boy Greg Shoemaker Try State football dot Com lays it all out. Afternows we're at longnexs in Hebron for the Roundtable Show seven hundred WLW seven seven hundred WLW Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Showden Roundtable Show. We're long nexs in Hebrew presented by Postman Law. Hey, it's brought to you in Purpie ever dry waterproofing. It's not dry till let's ever dry. Let's talk high school football.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 3: We've got so much to get to, no time to waste. You hear our next guest on Friday Night with the award winning High School Football Tonight Show on ESPN and Fox Sports thirteen sixty. You read him his content manager tri State Football dot Com. Let's see I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take Indiana with him. You're gonna take Kentucky with him. Then we're gonna share the Ohio games with him. So let's welcome in, Greg Shoemaker, how are you guys?
Speaker 2: Great week?
Speaker 9: This is I mean history and numbers and stats all over the place. This is a fun, fun week. I'm great. How are you guys doing?
Speaker 3: We are, right, bro, great and ready to go. So let me let me take Indiana first. Let's go Class one. A semi stated Mylon is looking to make some Hickory history and football explain.
Speaker 9: Yes, how about the Mylon Indians?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 9: You know, you know the story newser is all about Mylon Hickory. Mylon's sitting at seven and four right now. They just knocked off reigning state champion Providence down at Providence twenty two to seven, and it's Mylin's just their second regional championship.
Speaker 8: In school history.
Speaker 9: The cool thing about this is head coach Ryan Langerman was a player on that ninety sixteen. Now he has two sons on this team. Grant is the junior easter, the leader of the defense, and Beckett's a freshman who just went over a thousand yards rushing last week. So really good stuff. Man, I'm still rooting for this. One of the feel good stories of the year for sure. Milan man seven and fourth. Now they hoped South Putnam, who's eleven and two, so but I think I think they're rolling. Then we talked to coach Langerman two weeks ago and he was like, you know what, we're healthy on defense. Boys showed last week with a twenty two to seven win at Providence.
Speaker 4: Very good, I Greg, we got what seven local teams left in the playoffs in Kentucky. Give us a brief synopsis of the Kentucky action.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so here in Class one A Rocky, we have Newport Central Catholic and they are going down to Campbellsville. Third straight year that in this round of the tournament. NEWCAP has gone down to Campbellsville. Campbellsville has won those two games by three and five points. I liked them there. But the other game in Newport's playing at Kentucky Country Day. The Bearcats at Kentucky Country Day are very very good. If by somehow Newport NEWCAF win these games on the road, they will face each other for a chance to go to the state championship game. The bad part about this for I'll be both these teams is Kentucky Country Days only lost to Campbellsville. Both of those teams are sitting at ten and one now and Class two AA in Kentucky Beachwood they're going to host Preston Burg. Prestonburg twelve and oh. But Beachwood sitting at ten and one. They're averaging fifty points seven points per game. They are the ringning Class two A state championship or champions. I look for them to have another big game in this one. I don't think Preston I know they're twelve and oh but I don't think prestonburg kanks with It's a potent Beachwood Tiger offense. In Class three A in Kentucky, Lloyd is twelve and oh for the first time since nineteen ninety five, and they are hosting Russell Russell Red Devils and they're sitting at ten and two. This is a big game.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 9: If you want to go somewhere tomorrow and see a game, go over to Erlanger and the stadium that they just redid over there at Lloyd two years ago. Fantastic place to see a game by special and like I said, nineteen ninety five, their last or last time they were twelve and zho. I think those were the Chad Grendel years. So maybe he'll bring some luck to him again. The pretty good stuff there, guys. In Class four A in contruction, check this out.
Speaker 8: Last week.
Speaker 9: CUVECAF went down to Johnson City last Friday. They won that game in Johnson City thirty six to twenty nine. This is the group we were talking about.
Speaker 8: Great stats.
Speaker 9: Johnson City ran seventy eight plays. Last week. CUVECAF ran just nineteen and they went in and out on their first two series. I mean just crazy. This is the craziest stats, right. So after that they ended up running for three hundred and five yards on thirteen carries. Cash Herney had eight of those periods one hundred and sixty one yards, had two touchdowns. Guyser had five peers for one hundred and fourteen and three touchdowns. So after those two first two three and outs they ran sure the thirteen plays the rest of the game, five of them brit for touchdowns. In fact, the last after those two three and outs, they ran for touchdowns on their next three plays, So crazy.
Speaker 8: Night for them.
Speaker 9: Now they're going to Boyle County where they beat Boyle County last year thirty one to twenty eight. If they win that game, they could play Highlands again for a state a chance to go to state championship. Highland's Hostess Corbyn on or tomorrow night at at Highlands over there in Fort Thomas, and then Ryle in Class six A they're down at Frederick Douglas. The comic denominator between Ryley and Frederick Douglass is that Highlands has wins over both of those teams, Douglas by one and four over Ryle, so it's kind of interesting. Yeah, these two teams are playing for the Class six A State or semini finals, and yet here's Highlands at As wins over both of those teams. Crazy stat there again.
Speaker 3: All right, we've got Ohio and we've got four matchups to talk about. Let's go Division four Region sixteen one versus two one, Indian Hill to Vallebue, Indian Hill trying to move to thirteen to zero.
Speaker 9: I was out at Indian Hill. They played Calf last week. Both teams were undefeated. Crazy game with some crazy things that went on there not during the game, and there was a play just so we don't remember. We talked about tast the last couple of weeks, Calf had outscored their opponents. I think it was like three hundred and ninety four to seven in the last eight week. Something ridiculous. First first series of the game, Indian Hill goes down and kicks.
Speaker 2: A forty four yard field goal.
Speaker 9: Pretty good field goal with windy conditions on a high school field. Excellent.
Speaker 8: They go three to nothing.
Speaker 9: Calf comes back, they're scoring, they're on the way to score, they're inside the red zone, inside the five, and they fumbled the ball. Kid from in Hill picks the ball up, takes it all the way back. He's on his way to score a touchdown, and his knee pops and he bumbles the football. He's an agony and pain. The ball ends up on the two yard line. Next play, Tap comes down and scores on it ninety eight yard touchdown. Run the other way, and it was it look like it was gonna be defeating. But yet Indian Hill showed some really good moxie senior leadership. They weren't. They weren't in all of any of that, And didn't you know they handled it like like really good, like a really good team would and so and now they got value viewed. Value's one eleven in a row after losing their opener to cold Water forty nine of forty eight. So two really really good teams. Andan Hill's never won a regional championship. So this is this is big for that school, all right.
Speaker 4: And here we go another big, big time high school game. Trotwood Madison at Anderson. You know, I love that coach over there at Anderson, Evan Dryer, talk about this one here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So Trywood and Madison they're loaded with Division one talent. This game's loaded on both sides of the ball. Defensively, Anderson has four players between fifty three and sixty six catches on the year. Fifty three and sixty six. That's that's crazy.
Speaker 8: And then here's here's.
Speaker 9: Here's another great stat tonight, and Anderson's punted the ball six times this season. But they've also returned six punts for touchdowns this year. So if they put the ball, are they're going to return punt for a touchdown at one point? So it's just you can't make this stuff up. It's so fun there. So that one's really that's a good game. That's going to be just a game loaded with defensive talent and Division one talent. If you want to go see a game tomorrow Lakota West, that one will be fun to see for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, two more to squeeze in.
Speaker 3: Let's go Wayne Warriers and Middletown and Middletown trying to do something they've never done.
Speaker 9: Yeah again, another team trying to win their first ever regional time. Middletown. They had four shutouts in their last nine games. They're only giving up seven point six points per game. The last of the GMC teams remaining is Middletown. Out of all this year. It's crazy to think about. Wayne was in the finals so the regional finals last year and lost to Centerville. Centerville will go on the next week to lose to print to Muller at Princeton. But Wayne's been there. That's said. I don't know if they're good enough to beat Middletown. This team is really good defensively. It's going to be a fun night they're at that one's actually at Trotlin Madison High.
Speaker 8: School for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, here we go, Rock you ready, I'm ready, all right, let's get it. Xavier nine and two. They've won the last what five straight at twelve Elder twelve and oh for the first time in school history at pay Course Stadium.
Speaker 8: But it was there.
Speaker 4: Seventeen thousand, seven hundred fans have gotten tickets so far.
Speaker 5: Should be much more. What have you seen in this one?
Speaker 8: Greg?
Speaker 9: How about this rock? Were you on the last time? The last time these two teams met in a regional championship was two thousand and one? Are you a little bit before that one?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: My last football season was ninety seven.
Speaker 9: Though ninety seven, Okay, so two thousand and one really started what has become a GCL South run in the twenty first century to just excellence in in Division one football. The last two times these teams met again in the regional championship was two thousand and one Saint They won that game twenty four to twenty one. Now Elders won three as the last four in this series, and they played in twenty twenty, twenty twenty, and twenty twenty one, and Elder came away with the victory in twenty nineteen. I'm sorry Sat NeXT's won the last two in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one, and then like you said, Saint X's won five in a row. They have not given up more than fourteen points than any of their nine victories this year. And Daniel Bulmer, their fine linebacker slash running back who's going to Vanderbilt, has averaged two hundred and twenty nine all purpose yards in three games in his career against the Elder, I expect more of the same thing. He'll return kicks, he'll return punts, he will punt, he will play linebacker. He will do it all for them. And Elder again, first time they've been twelve to zero school history. Uh, their twelve wins. This is this is why Elder is so impressive this year. Of the twelve wins Devin and Ben against teams that have won nine games or more, they have another win against a team with eight victories, another one against a team with seven wins, and two against teams that finish the year at six and six. They're winning. I mean, they just know how to win. It's a it's gonna it's gonna be a low scoring affair. I think the twenty seventeen sort of scores what you're looking for. And I'm not gonna predict which one's gonna win, but uh, it's it's gonna come down to the last the last couple of series, for sure. It always does in a game like this.
Speaker 3: I got less than a minute or show give us a preview of Tomorrow Night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Tomorrow Night High School Football. Tonight got Tom Gamble along with us talking about pay Corpse Stadium in the history of high school football. There really great interview with him. John Rodenberg from Indian Hill joins us, and Eddie Eviston from CUBCAF he joins us too, and then Sir Juan Alvin and myself will be on in the postgame show after the Saint Xavier Elder game right there on Fox Sports thirteen sixty and ESPN fifteen thirty. Great stuff, guys, and try everything you're on. Tristate football dot Com is up there. You don't miss any of it. And if you go to ats PS football you can find that gamble interview. I put it up a little bit early because it's fantastic, excellent.
Speaker 3: Well, Happy Thanksgiving to you. Enjoy the football, and happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
Speaker 9: Hey, you two guys, have a great weekend.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Are your best?
Speaker 3: Thanks Shoemaker checking in on our high school football scene.
Speaker 2: Take a quick time out come back.
Speaker 3: Dan Klaskins has our fantasy fixed. Next, we're at Long Necks end Hebrew. It's the Round Table seven hundred WLW you all right, let's get right to it on the Roundtable show Long Next daid hebret Our. Next guest is the host of Fantastics Insider Football Serious XM Fantasy. That would be Dan Klaskins and Dan with rookies come growing pains and require patients. You've got some guys who might be getting hot just at the right time.
Speaker 2: Tell us about them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Lance, definitely. Let's start with our former Ultri State Football Offense Player of the Year. There Trayveon Henderson of the Patriots. We'll see him on Sunday, but he has been red hot over the last two weeks, starting touches two hundred and forty three yards, five touchdown. That's over sixty PPR points and huge fantasy events for his managers. I love what I'm seeing from what he marks too, a season high thirty chiey seventy four running back percent and week ten he falled it up eighty six percent of that chair last week he is the guy in Houston. I liking tonight versus Babo. I liking down the stretch. Ted McMillon my top whiteout coming out of the draft, and first seven games he had about a twenty five percent target share per game rate.
Speaker 8: Over his last.
Speaker 12: Four it's thirty four point three and last Sunday it was his best day of his career. Eight has his twelve target one hundred and thirty yards, two touchdowns. He now had doubled into PPR points six of his last day contest. And finally, Luther Burton's getting a lot more utilization to passing.
Speaker 8: ALMANI is the key isst in that.
Speaker 12: Depth chart there in Chicago, and I think that offense get to continue to click. I like him as a wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Three flights playing the rest of the way, all right, Dan, Four teams on buys this week, Denver, the Chargers, Miami, and Washington also plenty of injuries.
Speaker 5: Tell us about them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Rocket, Hey, he's just got to enter this as four more buyes the week after Thanksgiving to bye bye. Yes, that's always good and obviously injury is the big key suspensions to you guys talk a lot about Jamar Chase just from a fantasy perspective, regardless whose quarterback. This is probably an uptick for Tee Higgins this week. I've got him up into my top fifteen. Injuries at receiver. Drake London the biggest one. He's going to be out multiple weeks. He's dealing with the knee issue. Marvin Harrison Junior. He's trying to come back from him and designs a week ago to see if he can return. If not, Mike Wilton could continue to be really productive. Brian Thomas Junior. I expect them back to the Jack Josh Jacobs the biggest running back news injury here Fellas limited the last two days. I think you're not going to play this week. Could be a multi week issue there for the Packers running back. I don't think the bus running back. Bucky Irving's filming back either. I do expect Daylan Warren to return. Actually, of course he didn't return versus Bangles as we got to.
Speaker 9: The ankle in.
Speaker 12: I mean they really need to, let's be honest. He did practice lemon. They both ways high like him as an RD two. If he's in Jackson Dark can cause he's probably going to clear cam protocol tomorrow. We want to keep our other than that. Unfortunately, see Jay Throug couldn't do that with his concussion. He's out to knife, but they do think he'll return next week. Michael Pennick Junior probably didn't really say that injury or third ACL injury could be a career threatening injury for the Falcons.
Speaker 3: Quever, all right, how about studs, Studs and Sleepers to wrap it up?
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I pick on the Banks with a lot in their segment this week and give some kudos. Chase Brown deserves them from fantasy. He's been growing, especially with the Moodip running down the sideline obviously getting the ball of that target share at nineteen PPR points over the last few weeks, which a bar out this week. I think he'll have to be a focal point too. I started the year my stead of the week trade mcbrian loving this guy a tight end for the Cardinals. Really connected with the Kobe percent five touchdowns to last six game seven tds with fifty four games of Kyler Murray.
Speaker 8: So he's a click up.
Speaker 12: With that new quarterback. He got top ten fantasy points for the position in the twenty first century. Right now. It's got a great match up this week on the dud side. Daniel Jones liking but seven and ten qv to face the Chiefs this year, failed to get the twenty fantasy points. I don't think he gets there this week. Tyron Tracy looked good for the Giants. Plays make a much tougher match up this time, and he's putting carries with them in singletary of the Lion to give them up the fewest points to fantasy running back. There's not enough of them to go around there. We'll sit down in a couple of sleepers. Christian Watson. If he is through this limited the issue here, he should be good as will all the receivers in Green Bays. I think Ask Moore and Jacob Mason Taylor.
Speaker 9: I like Tyrod.
Speaker 12: Taylor going in over justin fields quarterback, but everybody wrote the football and I think Mason Taylor couldn't.
Speaker 8: Be the team target this weekly.
Speaker 3: All right, Dan, down the stretch. Some teams fall out of contention, maybe interest Wayne's. But you've got a way to keep fantasy fun and help veterans in the process.
Speaker 2: Explain Yeah, Lance.
Speaker 12: And do Good Tower Cap Challenge rolls on in the week twelve. Just now for twenty hours donation, you can play the resipes and play the lineup in there each week and keep for over three thousand dollars in surprises, all to support the av today with America. Better play fantasy football with a purpose.
Speaker 8: You can do at a do good Fantasy dot.
Speaker 3: Com excellent as always, enjoyed the football.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Thanks hellos, have a good night.
Speaker 5: Thanks Tom.
Speaker 3: Right there you go, Dan Glaskins and rock our final note of the night. We'll travel Rockies Road for a quick thought. Brought to you by Queen City. Metro Metro is hiring a ply at go dash metro dot Com. Slash careers. Where are you headed.
Speaker 5: Being to Alabama? You at Alabama?
Speaker 4: Alabama coming off man tough loss against Oklahoma, snapped a seventeen game home winning streak, so they're gonna be looking to get back in the groove here.
Speaker 5: Try to run the ball a little better than they have been Ty Simpsons.
Speaker 4: Five straight games with fumbles, so some things to work on, but it should be great.
Speaker 3: All right, Look at that we got done on time. We got it all in. We have a great broadcast. Well, and next Wednesday night, Wednesday night here at six o'clock for the roundtable.
Speaker 5: Sure if to text me that I will forget, I.
Speaker 2: Will text you that.
Speaker 3: Have yourself a great night, everybody, enjoy the weekend of sports around this city. And thanks for hanging out with us tonight since I tax resolution power by Tope Sheldon. Roundtable Show long next in Hebrew and presented by Postman Law seven hundred WLW