Speaker 1: As Davy or Basketball concludes, we begin It's a Nightcap on a Tuesday night, November eighteenth, twenty twenty five, Geary Jeff Walker with you. Tonight's show is packed with fun stuff, including a revisit from our Money Music man from moneymusic dot Com. Mighty John Marshall will be in at the top of the hour with November Vinyl to be thankful for. This is a fantastic appraisal site if you're a vinyl holic, if you're someone that's been collecting stacks of wax and mounds of sound for years upon years, or maybe you just started recently collecting because everything old is new again and you're deciding to ditch the digital and go back to warm, precious analog. This is a collection of ten records that if you have them in your possession and they fit certain criteria, and of course the condition's got to be right. It's always conditioned, conditioned condition. With this stuff, you may be sitting on a pile of cash, not just a pile of old albums or forty fives. So I hope you're ready to plunge into the music tonight. We will get into that also on tonight's show Mark Lee Gardner. He's an author, he's an old West nut, and he has written a brand new book about Wyatt Erp and Doc Holliday. And you think you may know the characters from movies like Tombstone or what you've read about to Fight at the Ok Corral, real history is a little bit different, and he's dived into it. So we will talk to Mark Lee Gardner about his new book, a dueling biography called Others of the Gun a little bit later on tonight. Also, Steve Gorham is coming up fresh off of the cop the COP thirty as it was called in Brazil, the latest climate conference. They do this every year, and we'll see what kind of crazy notions they cooked up there. You may have seen the videos of Ikopod crane with better hair, Gavin Newsom, who was spending time away from the state he's supposed to be governing, and up in tree stands in the rainforest. Anyway, he's a fruitcake my opinion. We'll talk to Steve Gorham about what was accomplished, what wasn't accomplished at the COP thirty and is there any kind of actual data and truth coming out of these conferences anymore? Or is it just to keep the money train rolling so they can continue to live off of everyone else and redistribute funds all over the world from the workingman's pocket into theirs again my opinion anyway. Steve Gorham coming up and Andy Fourman before the Night is Done? Coming up next from Gun Owners of America. Stephen Williford, the hero of Sutherland Springs, Texas, joins us once again. I hope you'll dig in and enjoy. It's the night cap and we are ready to roll. Next on seven hundred wlw oh a chance to visit again with the hero of Sutherland Springs, Texas, the one and only Stephen Williford, who is in the middle of babysitting as we speak. Gun Owners of America, of course, is Steven's cause and the cause for all of America's right to own and bear firearms. It should be everybody's cause. But Stephen, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I am joined superb So.
Speaker 1: You got grandchild there with you?
Speaker 3: Yes, less than a month old, and and yes we're headed to take my daughter to the dentist and I get to hold onto my.
Speaker 4: Grand baby while she's having work done.
Speaker 5: So that's what we're doing today.
Speaker 1: So how many grand babies is this for you?
Speaker 3: This is my night night the oldest and they all live on my property and the oldest is seven.
Speaker 4: So that's phenomenous.
Speaker 3: Lots of grand babies all the time out of the house, and.
Speaker 5: So I'm truly blessed.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it. It sounds like it. What's new on the Second Amendment front with going Unners of America.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously we're in the fight to get the get the short bell rifles, shot gun and suppressors off the NFA, and we've even gotten with the Second Amendment Caucus, and the Second Amendment Caucus is gone to Sam Boondian and President Trump and had requested that Pam Boondi get on board with this and so that we can uh for your listeners, the big beautiful bill. We were able to pull the.
Speaker 6: Pack off of suppossor shortbell rifles and shotguns, and we tried to get him to pull him off the n A thing, which is National Firems Act altogether.
Speaker 4: And the unelected bureaucrat, a parliamentarian, refused to do that, and so it went. I hadn't passed where.
Speaker 6: She did away with the packs, but it's still in the registreet and so right away Gonna America filed to fill or filed the lawsuit to get them pulled off of the NBA because it's not attacked and it's a regulation. And in nineteen thirty four when it passed, that's a prepty has said it cannot be a regulation. It can be attacked, but it cannot be a regulation. So now we have fouled because it's no longer attacked, but it must be a regulation. And I would even say the tack on one of our god given rights, the Bill of Right, is a unconstitutional attack, and that has been proven with the cold pack stuff like that also.
Speaker 1: But let me let me Steven, let me ask you, Let me ask you this. Why is the Attorney General Pam Bondi balking at doing what we would figure she knows is right?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Why she has she given a reason for maintaining this.
Speaker 4: You know, she claims to be the the best to a attorney general in history, and that has been proven untrue.
Speaker 3: She is she is.
Speaker 4: Fighting us with several of Biden administrations encroachments on our Second Amendment, and Gun Owners of America is calling her out at every step of the way. Please go to Gun Owners dot or org and sign up. President Trump told her at the beginning of the administration go back through all of these regulations and do away with them.
Speaker 6: And she has chosen not to do that.
Speaker 4: And you know, when lawsuits come up, she could say the Department of Justice and he's with the Second Amendment found base and then gun Owners of a need blocksuit and instead to see it doubling down on the Biden administration. Uh, infringements on our Second amend. Please go to gud the Owners dot o rt and sign up to be part of the solution.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: Because we're we're fighting medicine. We have to send out a message to Donald Trump him her in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean the the attorney general is supposed to be independent. However, Donald Trump appointed her attorney general to enact his agenda and the people that voted for him, who support him, that definitely support fewer regulations, especially on a Second Amendment. Right, Stephen, listen, I'm gonna let you go ahead and continue your babysitting duties. It's a little bit noisy, but I appreciate your time tonight. Brother. Okay, God bless you.
Speaker 3: I'm really really sorry about that, but God list you too, and thank.
Speaker 1: You ver, don't be sorry about it. Babies come, babies come first. Man Stephen Williford from Gun Owners of America, and if you're interested in this topic, go to Gun owners of America dot com and find out a lot more about letting your voice be heard. All right, because one gun guy isn't enough, let's make it too. I felt bad for Stephen. He was traveling in a car with a grand baby on his lap, and you may not have gotten all of the things he was saying about these restrictions that our Attorney General Pam Bondy has still been reticent to lift, even though the Trump administration insisted they were going to be a second a friendly administration, and I believe overall they have been to talk about that and more. Mister goodgunbadguy dot com himself, Dan was joins us for a few more minutes. So Dan, Stephen is telling me about the restrictions on these short barrel and other things, and maybe you can explain a little bit better, so you know, the layman who doesn't have an arsenal at their house like maybe you do, will understand.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: Well, thanks for having me on the show, Gary, Jeff I hope I can, hope, I can maybe give you a few bullet points in a whole time we have.
Speaker 9: But if Stephen hasn't already mentioned it, the NFA was the original gun registry scheme back in nineteen nineteen thirty four, and it was under Roosevelt, I believe, and he decided to create this law because well under the guys of you know, gangsters and prohibition and all that stuff. So they use that as an excuse to create this National Fighter Arms Act, which was a gun registry and attacks on the specific items if you had them. It was a two hundred dollars tax on you know, short shortbell rifle, short bell shotguns, suppressors and machine guns and some other explosive type devices. Recently we got rid of that two hundred dollars tax, which means there's no reason any longer for the registry.
Speaker 8: But apparently some people in our government still think that the registry is necessary. And that is probably the worst part, because we all know what happens after guns are registered. You know that that's that leads to confiscation, and and we don't we don't want our names on any government list.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm sure my name is on several of them, and probably yours too, just because of the nature of the stuff we talk about on a regular basis and espouse. By the way, as an aside, what's up with your governor, Hokeel, they're shooting her bubble gun? Did you see that?
Speaker 8: I didn't see that. But she is. She is a clown, and she's gonna do anything she can right now to be pretend to be relevant. But at least the phonic well, I happen to know. I've done a few, a few speaking events.
Speaker 1: I like her.
Speaker 8: Fantastic woman, and she's gonna she's gonna clean vocals, She's gonna clean hold clock good.
Speaker 1: Somebody needs to Yeah, you know what, Hochel is a perfect representation of people standing in the way of our constitutional rights in this country time after time after time. And it's not just about guns. It's not just about the Second Amendment, but about many of the things that are guaranteed to us by God according to the Founding Fathers in the Bill of Rights, and they those rights are restricted or blocked by people who are unelected bureaucrats. Kathy Hochel was appointed to that position as governor of New York and then because you live thanks to New York City in a one party state, got re elected as governor in a close fight against lee Zelden. But again, the unelected bureaucrats, the administrative state in Washington, d C. Whomever it may be, the ones that are beholden to these regulations and anequated acts and unconstitutional things that have been done by our government are not elected. Many cases, they're appointed, or they just fail up through the ranks, and they stand in the way of the American citizen and true liberty, do they not?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and you sound like you're talking about at F. Uh, you know people people in the ATF, because a lot of times they create these policies, these firearm policies and basically turn gun owners into felons overnight without anybody voting for this stuff. So that's one of one of the problems we have. As second i'm in advocates and is the ATF. It hasn't been run. It hasn't been run, right, And you're you know, the unelected bureaucrats that are involved, they're really taking advantage. But of course the Democrats, you know, cheer them on every every chance they get.
Speaker 1: Well, because uh, an armed citizenry is a threat to their their ultimate takeover of power. I think that's as simple as as I can make it there. But but the ATF is another example, another example of of a government agency that simply shouldn't exist. I think, what do you think about that? What would you think about the elimination of alcohol, tobacco, firearms explosives as an agency in Washington, d C.
Speaker 8: Well, well, first of all, what are they doing with respect to alcohol or tobacco?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 8: Right, I don't know you ever hear anything? No that that agency is pretty much designed to regulate firearms. And it's I never voted for anybody on the ATF, did you no?
Speaker 1: And our constitution doesn't call for an ATF to be a part of our government that makes decisions on the everyday citizens' lives.
Speaker 8: Exactly. This is, you know, this is why we have groups like in honors of America Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA Firearms Policy Coalition, And we had to have these groups. We the people created these groups because we saw that regardless of what our founding father said, right the people to keep them bear arms shall not be infringed, they still infringe. So we needed more leverage and more tools to fight them back in court. And so I just urge everybody to sign up with your with your favorite national group and give them your money for the membership because they need it for these court cases.
Speaker 1: All Right, Dan was thank you as always my friend, Good Gunbadguy dot com. You can find him there, You can find him loaded mic on YouTube, and many many times you'll find him in publications like AMMO Land and the like. Dan was back with us again tonight for a brief moment or two, and we appreciate it. Mighty John Marshall is coming up at the top of the hour with a brand new list from Moneymusic dot Com valuable Vinyl that you may be holding on to find out in just a few The one question on a lot of people's minds is what is AI really and are we in any danger not only as human beings but as a country when it comes to the AI war that's being waged right now between communist China and the United States and the rest of the world. Really, China wants to be the dominant AI manufacturer or I don't even know if manufacturer is the correct word, but they want to be the dominant country in AI artificial intelligence, and so does the United States, and the President and his cabinet, his administration have made major moves in the last few months to try and make sure the United States is dominant and communist China. This has been their goal for a long long time in there still doggingly pursuing it. So to talk about all of that, we've got a disaster response Telecom National security person from SAT one two three, a season entrepreneur with career spanning tech, satellite, communications and emerging technologies, i e. AI. Chris Hohrer joining us for a few minutes. Chris, good evening and how are you.
Speaker 7: I'm great and good evening to you, Jeff.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me on the show.
Speaker 1: You bet you so you worked? How long have you been working in emerging technologies? For example? Has this been your whole career.
Speaker 7: It's been a lot of it for about the last twenty years, but particularly in the last ten looking at specifically data storage, cloud compute and so on, and of course that merged into what's become AI. And AI certainly is a tool that many people are starting to use, but behind the scene, it's been in use for quite some time, and it's being put in charge of all kinds of systems, from communications to transportation to and now we're seeing it creep into weapons. So this is certainly, I would say, a war for dominance. And the CCP with their latest five year plan which ends in twenty thirty, the goal of that five year plan is to completely dominate the production of equipment and software and everything else regarding AI, and so they're looking for world domination.
Speaker 1: The Center for Security Policy put out a report that said artificial intelligence is the new Cold War between the US and China. Before you thought of a cold war as the nuclear arms race, and this is the AI arms race. They've been warning that the Chinese Cammunist Party, as you said, right there, on the verge of becoming the world's leader in artificial intelligence, and if they succeed in this domination by twenty thirty, will be relegated to a second rate power and worse the US. One of the things that dominate the discussion on AI is the intense, extreme amounts of energy it takes to operate the data centers and AI and keep it going. And Communist China, China is building like a fossil fuel powered plant, a coal burning energy plant. Almost every week, and they have been for quite a while. Well, the US was held back in our energy pursuits by the previous administration and this Green New Deal mentality that has proven to be based on false computer modeling and bad data, bad science. And now we're back up to speed. And many of these data centers that are going in in the United States have their own power plants, isn't that true?
Speaker 7: Well yeah, look, I mean there's two things required for the production of AI overall. One is rare earth elements, which the Chinese have been doing a good job, unfortunately rolling up around the world.
Speaker 5: Right now they control.
Speaker 7: Sixty to seventy percent of the world's production of rare earth elements. But more importantly, they've become masters and have them really monopoly on the refining of these elements, where they're looking at around ninety percent of market dominance in the refining of these elements. And what these elements do is everything from provide they enable us to create screens, fiber optics, and chips all that are essential for running AI. But yeah, the Chinese certainly have long anticipated the need for immense amounts of power, and outside of coal, they've also unfortunately stolen us innovation in the nuclear industry that we innovations that we created in the sixties, seventies and eighties and then abandoned. They've picked up on as such as fast breeder reactors and gas called reactors. So they have certainly seen this coming and they've been thinking moves for many years. So we certainly need to be fighting back. But they're also now using as our others AI for cyber warfare. We've been in cyber warfare as far as I'm concerned, for many years, but it's heating up with AI because of the amount of queries that can be run and the amount of intrusions that could be operated autonomously, and so that is certainly a big threat to us at the moment.
Speaker 1: You talk us about talk about the United States being relegated to a second tier power. If the CCP actually achieves their goal here in the next five years, what are the biggest dangers to everyday life in America if the CCP is dominating AI and to we're lagging behind.
Speaker 7: Well, Look, I mean AI can be used for many things. One is manipulation of facts, and you can create its own facts, of course, or it can position facts, or or you know in a way that suits them. It can also normalize that hardent behavior by just repeating it consistently throughout the social media networks and that are around the world that we all rely on and use every single day. But it can also control the standards, and that's what we don't want to see. We have long time here in the US controlled the standards for electronics and software, and so they've had to kind of live with those. But if we let AI control and dominate the standards, we let trying to control and dominate the standards of AI, and then I think that's worrisome because, like the US is a country based on religious Christian values, and China it doesn't have that to get those kind of guardrails. I mean, some would say that it has Confucianism, which you know, does have its own set of values. Maybe, but I think it's a little worrying. I mean, China and the CCP seem to use values to further their own call and they change them depending on what is the what are the goals of the CCP at any given time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was talking to another guest earlier in the week, Chris, and we're talking about well, yeah, Christianity is allowed in communists China, but they've rewritten the Bible for the CCP's otal purposes. So yeah, that kind of manipulation has already gone on in communists China. Imagine them being able to through technology, spread it to the rest of the world, including our part of the world. That is pretty scary in and of itself. But what's what's the answer for the United States?
Speaker 7: Well, I think the answer is.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, if you're a university of private company.
Speaker 7: And you're developing technology, you are basically obliged to share that with the government. You don't really get any choice in that. And so they've used that system to enrich their knowledge and create you know, these huge markets that they have, and of course they also produce everything, right, so they kind of can have the ability to control and produce from any kind of innovation that goes on inside.
Speaker 6: The country, as well as trying to steal our innovation.
Speaker 1: So I think we need to.
Speaker 7: Be more guarded about our technology and our ip but the government certainly, you know, should and I think it's starting to enable private companies, you know, to fill these roles that are going to be needed, whether it's you know, software creation, LLLM creation.
Speaker 5: Or elsewhere.
Speaker 7: But the government needs to work in conjunction with private business as far as enabling it and cutting the red tape. You know, I mean, this is a war, and you know, I don't think the government should be allowed to do anything. They should enable us to do anything that is going to help protect this country going forward.
Speaker 1: Well, President Trump is on record as saying he's you know, against over exerted government regulations, and he definitely, I think from listening to him speak on this subject, seems to be well aware of how important this is for the country and for the world, for us to be the leader, and he understands what the stakes are. Don't you think he does?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he does.
Speaker 7: You know, but this isn't something that you can just change over night with a snap of your fingers. Obviously, you know, we've got years of regulations we need to roll back. We need to and are starting to enable private companies to.
Speaker 5: Build power plunts that are not.
Speaker 7: You know, not recognized as utilities, but so they can build data centers and build power blunts right next to them. And I think New Hampshire is the first state to enable that.
Speaker 1: But so we need to make sure we have the power.
Speaker 7: We need to make sure we have the access to and refining capability for the rare earth elements, and then we need to do what we're best at, which is innovate. Look, we've always been the innovators here in the US, and we cannot afford to lose that. So we need to invest in innovation and I think that should come from the private sector mostly, but the government certainly can help by enabling the private sector to innovate through tax breaks and the reduction in regulation.
Speaker 1: There you go. Chris Horror from SAT. One two three on AI and the not coming the present Cold War between the United States and communists China. Chris, thank you for your time tonight. I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot, Jeff chairs you bet cheers. I love that. So just ahead we will have Mark Lee Gardner, who has got a book called called Brothers of the Gun about Wyatt Arp and Doc Holiday and the real life friendship between the two men throughout all of their lives. And before that's Steve goream with a report on the COP thirty Climate conference going on in Beliem, Brazil. It's the Nightcap, and we roll on on seven hundred WLW it is the Nightcap and rejoining us as an old friend. The executive director of the Climate Science Coalition, the author of the four amazing books on climate change and the Mad, Mad, Mad World of Climatism, the latest, of course, green Breakdown, which he has forecasts we are headed for headlong unless we resist the move to energy providing sources that simply don't work. Steve Gorham is back on the Nightcap. Hello, Steve, how are you hi?
Speaker 2: Gary? Jeff?
Speaker 5: Great to join you again. I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: Ten years after the Paris Climate Agreement, which thankfully the President has pulled us out of again COP thirty, the United Nations Climate Conference underway and Bilim, Brazil. What's going on at the conference this year? Steve?
Speaker 10: Yeah, almost over this is they again have over fifty thousand people. Now, Bulim is not a big city, so I guess the housing prices are real high. But we've had a lot of world leaders that have not attended. The President of China, the President of India, and of course the US delegation. President Donald Trump sent zero people.
Speaker 5: To this one.
Speaker 2: But you know you need to ask.
Speaker 10: This is the thirtieth conference of the parties have been going on since nineteen ninety five, and the question is what is this done outside of omitting all this carbon dioxide from hol of debts that are flying people there.
Speaker 5: According to the Energy.
Speaker 10: Institute, in twenty twenty four, we still had eighty seven percent of the world's energy was delivered by hydrocarbons, by coal, gas, and oil. And that's despite the fact that we had four hundred thousand wind turbans installed. Renewables were only about thirteen percent of energy. So and then, by the way, there's nuclear in there as well. So this is just not having any effect really, And unfortunately we have all these people saying that this is this is what we need to save the planet. They should call this the Conference of Superstition rather than the Conference of the Parties.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, as an American representative, I guess you could count Gavin Newsom, the governor of California. He's been famously making photo ops from Cop thirty and still touting this nonsense without anything to back it up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was just down there talking about how California is doing all this the renewable energy. But you know this, the latest word is affordability crisis by the Democrats. But that's exactly what we have in California. In terms of energy. California has the second highest electricity prices in the country. They've increased more than one hundred percent in the last fifteen years. They're rapidly approaching Hawaii to try and pass Hawaii. They have the highest gasoline prices in the country. They have grid scale batteries that are burning up after being installed only two or three years. You know, it's just it's still Stevens what you shouldn't do.
Speaker 1: It's all taxes and regulations in California's behalf. I mean, there's no reason. There's no reason for anybody in this country to be paying close to five dollars a gallon for gas at the pump. There's simply no reason for it. There is no reason for people not to be able to buy a natural gas stove if they'd like to, or to have to cut their ac off in the middle of one of those wonderful California heat waves. I mean, it's all nuts. There's no there's no common sense being applied at all to California's energy part policy. Would you agree with that?
Speaker 5: I would agree with that.
Speaker 10: It's it's just very foolish in many, many ways, and they're pushing these zero missions vehicles. Hydrogen costs twice as much to refuel, and evs cost twenty percent more to buy, and if you don't have a charger at home, it's going to cost a lot more to a charge on the road. It's just not good policy in any case. It's not going to have a measurable effect on sea levels or storms or anything else. It's just not going to do any of that. All it is is going to impact consumers and businesses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, earlier this month, Bill get Bill Gates kind of stepped away from calling what we're going through a climate catastrophe, and you know, he hedged his bets. He hemmed and hawed and act like, well, it's still very important, but it's not the doomsday I always claimed it was.
Speaker 5: Now this is a huge turnaround. Mister Gates is one of the well fathiest men in the world, the multi billionaire.
Speaker 10: He's given millions of dollars to his foundations to fight climate change over the last several decades.
Speaker 5: In twenty twenty.
Speaker 10: One, he wrote the book How to Avoid a Climate Disaster. But then just before the cop conference, he sent an email to cop and put it on his website, and he basically changed his position.
Speaker 5: He said, quote that.
Speaker 10: Climate change is a serious problem, but it will not be the end of civilization. He also said that quote, Unfortunately the doomsday outlook is causing much of the climate community to focus too much on near term emission schoals. He said, quote, our chief goal should be to prevent suffering, particularly for those in the toughest conditions, who live in the world's poorest countries. So this is a huge turnaround, and he's been criticized both by from the climatists and also from the skeptics, but he's finally he see's embraced common sense, in my opinion, and we're looking for many of the rest of the world to do this as well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: We're talking about COP thirty going on in Brazil with these countries, some of them participating from around the world. A lot of liberal political parties, who were, you know, really banging the drum for renewables and wind and solar and anything but fossil fuels. A number of political parties are pushing back now against the climatism and net zero policy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, another big, big trend. Of course, we have mister Trump and the Republicans in the United States that have pushed down on climate But in the United Kingdom, for example, we have the Reform UK Party which has now been pulling the top in the government. They haven't taken over the government yet, but they have their highest all the Poles, led by Nigel Farage. They've coined the phrase quote net stupid zero. They want to get rid of this net zero thing. And then in the alternative in Germany, we have the Alternative for Deutschland, which is polling number two, a right wing party, and the candidate for Chancellor, Elis Weidel, has called the wind turbans windmills of shame, and the plank of their party is to tear down all the wind turbans in Germany, which is the highest dancing in the world, is more than twenty thousand wind turbans. And then in Germany, and then in just the last several weeks we've had two parties in Australia that have said they're getting rid of net zero. The Nationals Party voted to get rid of it, and the leader there, David littl Proud, said quote, we believe in reducing emissions, but not at any cost. And then the Liberal Party also voted against net zero. So these are really big changes, and they're going to you know, this might be the last time we have a cop or it might just kind of decay away and did nothing over the next few years.
Speaker 1: Well, even Greta Tunberg's worried about Hamas and Palestinians.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In your most recent column or article in the Wall Street Journal, you pointed out that electricity prices are rising fastest in states that are pursuing green energy policies. I mean New Jersey. This was a big thing in New Jersey, yep. And it's a big thing in New York too. Haven't we always been told that wind and solar are the ways of the future and the cheapest forms of electricity. Nothing could be farther from the truth, right.
Speaker 5: Well, that is right.
Speaker 10: And by the way, this was a little bit of a response to an article in the Journal.
Speaker 5: From Ram Emanuel.
Speaker 10: The former Democrat mayor of Chicago and White House Chief of Staff and the Obama administration. He said that bigger electric bills are the direct result of the One Big.
Speaker 5: Beautiful Bill Act.
Speaker 10: The problem with that common and is the Act only took place in July, and the subsidy cuts for wind and solar from the Act don't happen for another year or two. But if you look over the last five years, you see that, particularly in the Blue states, the Democrat states, we see these prices rising. California up fifty eight percent in the last five years, Maine, New York, Maryland, Massachusetts, Connecticut up more than thirty percent in five years. The national average electricity price has only gone up about twenty two percent. And actually Ohio's doing pretty good in this regard. Ohio's only up let's see, I'm going to get my number here, only twenty point seven percent in the last five years. And one of the reasons in Ohio is, unlike all these Blue states, you still get fifty three percent of your electricity from natural gas, twenty nine percent from coal, fifteen percent from nuclear. Renewable is only about two percent of your electricity in Ohio. And we find the states that have not switched over to try and do wind in solar, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Missouri, that still have a lot of natural gas are doing much better as far as prices. So the whole idea that if you go green, the price comes down is really not borne out by the evidence.
Speaker 1: Energy Green Energy Breakdown is the most recent book by Steve Gorham and I guess that's still available, right Steve.
Speaker 10: Yes, sir, they can get it from my website Steve Gorum G O R E H A M dot com. Send them assigned copy if they buy it. And in addition to the science and economics, these have a whole bunch of their color paperbacks, a whole bunch of fun sidebars, real headlines like this one quote Engineers create world's first carbon neutral cement out of LG. The article goes on to say it's currently unclear how cost effective the method to be compared to traditional cement production. Yeah, that's the problem with all this green stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Breakdown, Green Breakdown by Steve gorm and wonderful to have you as all with Steve. Thanks for coming on.
Speaker 5: Thanks Garry, Joe, until the next time.
Speaker 1: You bet you coming up next, Mark Lee Gardner and Brothers of the Gun, his new book about Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday. Joining us for a few minutes tonight is a man named Mark Lee Gardner. I had the pleasure of talking to him last weekend in another platform here in iHeartMedia, and it was interesting enough I thought we could just on the nightcap. Mark has written a book that is kind of a first of its kind for its genre. If you look at Old West nonfiction and you look at the characters Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday, extensive amounts has been written on both. And you've seen the movie Tombstone, maybe read about the OK Corral, but this goes well beyond it and kind of inside the relationship between the two men. It's a dueling biography, if you will, of both Erp and Doc Holliday. And to talk about it for a few minutes, the author, Mark Lee Gardner. Brothers of the Gun is the name of the book. How you doing, Good? Good?
Speaker 5: How are you doing?
Speaker 2: Gary?
Speaker 1: So you were explaining to me when we talked previously that these guys were actually lifelong friends.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I mean.
Speaker 11: That's kind of the interesting thing is that, I mean they weren't childhood friends, but as adults they had a very strong bond for the few years that they were together.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean Doc Holliday didn't actually his life wasn't all that long, was it.
Speaker 2: No, it was not.
Speaker 11: He died at thirty six, and you know he grew up in a thing. Yeah, he was a single child. He had no brothers and sisters, and of course the earths there were all kinds of brothers, and it was like he became a member of the family, you know, he all of a sudden had these bonus brothers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Well, and a couple of things that I found astounding about the OK Corral. We all have this myth in our mind of this big, expansive kind of shootout. But it was actually in a very small space, wasn't it, Mark, Yeah.
Speaker 11: You know some of the accounts it's basically between fifteen or nineteen feet why this very narrow, empty lot. And it wasn't even at the OK Corral. It was at the rear of the OK Corral.
Speaker 1: Huh. Now what was why at Erp a legitimate law man? I mean, I know he had a badge in all of that. Was he was he a bad guy? Or was he upholding the law most of the time?
Speaker 11: Well, you know, he, as I say he was. He was very good at enforcing the law, and he was also pretty good at breaking the law. You know, with the Vendetta ride, he's using his badge to go after the killers of his brother Morgan and those that.
Speaker 2: Tried to assassinate Virgil.
Speaker 11: But as a lawman in places like Dodgsony in Wichita, he.
Speaker 1: Was very good.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 11: His main job was disarming drunken cowboys and he had a very quick way of doing that. Usually he was slamming him on the head with the barrel of his gun.
Speaker 1: Nice the Doc Holliday was a dentist at one point, but it wasn't really his main vocation. His main vocation was an avocation, wasn't it.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, he he became a professional gameber. I mean, that's the thing about Doc is that he actually went to the best dental school in the country was in Philadelphia. He had a dental degree, so he was a real doctor. And actually his first job at first office that he shared with a man, a fellow dentist in Dallas, they got an award for their dentistry. So he was an award winning dentist in his early twenty But he could not resist the gambling table, the Monty tables and the Pharaoh tables, and soon that became his main occupation with gambling.
Speaker 1: Was life pretty hard scrabble, hard scrabble back in the Old West for folks if they lived outside cities.
Speaker 11: Yes, South, you know, I mean if you're a fotbuster or a small rancher, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, yeah, it was.
Speaker 11: It wasn't an easy lie. But if you were in those boom towns, I mean they had smoke, you know, fresh oysters, the fighters, champagnes, you know, gambling halls with Brussel carpets.
Speaker 2: I mean, you wouldn't really notice.
Speaker 11: If you were in Tombstone, Arizona in eighteen eighty one, you could get anything that you could get in New York City.
Speaker 1: Was life more glorified in the movies? We see that. I mean these two characters, specifically white Urb and Doc Holiday. What did the movies get wrong about these two guys?
Speaker 2: Well, I think what usually they get wrong is.
Speaker 11: They have this good guy bad guy where the good guys are really pure and they're on the right side, and they don't necessarily portray kind of this mixed I mean, everybody has their flaws and failings, and not everyone was you know that we're a badge as a hero, and so the movies really want to make that black and white and clear. You know, white Er he was an upstanding hero, and he had some dark episodes in his past, as did Doc Holliday.
Speaker 1: Now both of them died in poverty, is that right.
Speaker 2: That's correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Doc Holliday he died in eighteen eighty seven at the age of thirty six. He had nothing, just a few personal items that were shipped to his family in Georgia. Wieter died age eighty in nineteen twenty nine. And you know, he was always trying to get a break, you know, whether it was mining or gambling. And his last at Timp he thought, you know, I'm going to tell my life story, get it published, and he just didn't live long.
Speaker 2: Enough to see that happen.
Speaker 11: It was his life who benefited from that book that came out in nineteen thirty one.
Speaker 1: He said that the movie Cowboys like Tom Mix came to white Earp's funeral.
Speaker 11: That's correct. Bill Hart and Tom Mix were actually pallbearers, and they held white Earp in high esteem. I mean, they really liked him as a man, and we're in awe of his career as a lawman.
Speaker 1: Fantastic The books out now, Brothers of the Gun is the name. It's a dueling biography of a daring duo known as Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday, and I guess it's available everywhere books are, right, Mark, that is correct? All right, fantastic, Thanks for taking a few minutes out to talk about fascinating stuff. If you love the Old West and you love a good yarn, but you also love the truth behind these legendary characters, I highly recommend this particular book. Thank you, Mark Lee Gardner. I appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Gary.
Speaker 1: We move on in the Nightcap with the fur Ball coming up in just minutes on seven hundred WLW. Our friend Andy Furman was going to join us tonight he usually does on our nightcap sessions, but he had some last minute technical difficulties and so that kind of left me scrambling. I mean I need to fix the fur ball. I mean you can't spell fu without Furman, right. So here is a revisitation on a conversation I had again. If there's some dated references to sporting events, and people understand, this is vintage Furman and just like a fine wine, well you know how that goes here you have it. They always say finish with a flourish, and I can't finish any more. Flourished than with the fur ball. And that's all the f's I have for right now. But we're early on in the conversation. Andy Furman joined us on the night Cap on this Tuesday evening. Good evening, mister Furman, How are you?
Speaker 2: Good evening? How are you to Tuesdays roll around so quickly?
Speaker 8: I can't wait. It's really good. It's good to talk to you.
Speaker 1: I love I love thee I love the Jewish vampire accent. That was really good, good evening. So I told you that a week ago, last Tuesday night, as I was going to bed, I lost my balance. I was not drunk, not inebriated, not any any way, compromise that I can tell you. I lost my balance and I fell in the bedroom. I was like two steps on the b on the floor, two steps from being in the bed with my wife who was fast asleep, and I fell and I fell right on her violin case. It was sitting on the floor of the bedroom, which is very hard, and I think I I'm almost sure I broke ribs. I never went to the hospital.
Speaker 2: It's very silly thing to do. Are you trying to do like gymnastic tricks or something? Like that, why would you do that?
Speaker 1: I it wasn't planned, It wasn't anything I asked for. It just happened.
Speaker 2: And the sympathy is that why you're telling me this? Your suggested your sympathy. I mean, are you trying to tell the audience right now, like, wow, I showed up to you for this show because I'm in pain. No one cares, really, no one cares?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I care.
Speaker 2: I cared for you because I know it much.
Speaker 1: You say no one, So I figured you were including yourself and the no one about the caring part.
Speaker 2: But you know what, we got business to take care of. We could talk about that later. This time it's important. Do you promise wait long for this?
Speaker 1: You promised that we can talk about it later, maybe even tonight, after we get through the important stuff. Okay, yes, Well what's so important? What's so important? What's more important?
Speaker 2: I thought?
Speaker 1: My pain?
Speaker 2: And after the Bengals, after the Bengals lost, I mean, you know, I love the media, not not the national media as much as the local media, because the national media always beats the law local media on stories. Why I don't know, but maybe that's because maybe they're a certain person delegated to that topic, and they they get the story. I mean that's probably the reason why I don't know.
Speaker 1: They got they got bigger, they got bigger budgets, probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably, so the biggest standard. I mean, they were scientists. Certain things should be. But the local media all of a sudden, now woe is me. The Bengals are losing. They they don't care. They don't care. Let me tell you something. I really this is like a trade secret. Those that do talk radio in the world of sports are happy when the local team loses because that's when the phones line up. That's when there's controversy. That's when you could yell and scream and say fire the coach to do this. Believe I'm telling you that's the way it is. They don't care. They put on the facade like, oh, you know, they need to get defense, they need to get better than this. They know you're happy that they lose. First of there's there's nothing gain when they win. Think about that. Does the local talk show hosts gain anything when they win? I don't think so. You care about one thing, and one thing all you know what that is your ratings, your revenue and your show and your show is better when they lose. I promise you. That's the name of the game. Now, I know you may not agree, but you know it's true.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if it's better when your local team loses.
Speaker 2: But you don't want to benefit a talk show host, not for the city, not for the team.
Speaker 1: You don't want to you're not telling me that after the nineteen ninety victory by the Reds and the sweep and the World Series, the talk radio wasn't booming. Then you're not telling me that after you have to win it all.
Speaker 2: No, you have to win it all or be a loser. Like this year with the Reds mediocre, it was like, you know, teasing, they're teasing me. It seems to me, and that's it.
Speaker 1: It seems to me like the like when the Bengals last went to the Super Bowl and Joe Burr second year, Uh.
Speaker 2: It's big.
Speaker 1: They did, they did. They did lose ultimately in the Super Bowl to the Rams.
Speaker 2: But they made the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, talk radio talk radioc after the Bengels had that success and Andy, So I don't know if you're telling me the truth or not.
Speaker 2: On a week two week basis, the local talk show hosts host love when they lose because the phone lines light up. Fire this guy, get rid of this guy. This guy's a thumb. Really, you know all all preseason. You gotta sign Jamar Chase, you gotta sign t Higgins. Now I'm hearing the talk shows. Now they spent too much money on the offensive side of the ball. See, that's what it's all about, controversy. There's no happy medium really.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I always say, and you use that term happy medium. If anyone could really truly foresee the future, they'd be miserable. There are no such things as happy medium because they know how bleak the future really is.
Speaker 2: Andy, it's not bleaked. The future is great. Everybody looks forward to the future.
Speaker 1: No future, the future, the future, this Bengals team is bleak. Oh, and I'm not trying to agree. I'm not trying to harvest any kind of hostility or animosity or generate phone calls, because you're the only phone call that matters right now.
Speaker 2: Well, I will tell you. Host in the car yesterday and I heard a phone call saying that this Bengals team will never win as long as Mike Brown owns a team and I was almost tempted to pull over the side of the road and call in, really, because what does Mike Brown have to do with missing tackles. I don't understand why he gets such a bad rap. I know he's the owner of the team, but come on, get off his back. I mean, I think he's a wonderful man, and God bless him. He's ninety years old. I would love to see him get a Super Bowl ring. Oh before his time is up. And now I'm married. Call to say he doesn't want to win. What moron owning a team does not want to win? Tell me about that, really, if you want to see you don't want to win that he may not know that there's round to win, and then but he certainly wants to win.
Speaker 1: And then there's the other side of the issue. And people might argue this, Andy, in response to what you just said, maybe Mike Brown wins every season. Mike Brown and the Brown family wins every season. And you can make that argument because they are multimillionaires. They don't lose money, and in fact, they they absolutely cash in on the Bengals without winning.
Speaker 2: The owner of the Carolina Panthers, too, right, You can say that about everything. But I will say this, they keep on losing, they will take a big hit. Is for a season tickets to concern as you remember several years ago on Yes, I that was like thirty thousand a game. There. It is revenue right there that would be lost.
Speaker 1: I agree, but I'm just saying that from a business standpoint. The Brown family wins include Mike every single game because they're in the black.
Speaker 2: He played football at Dartmouth. He wants to win. He's in it to win. Believe what they want to win?
Speaker 1: Well, hold on, hold on, hold on. He played football at Dartmouth. He wants to win. When was Dartmouth's last winning season, Andy.
Speaker 2: I have no idea, but you know he played college football. Reggie Williams played at Artmouth. A lot of players people play at Dartmouth. I mean, what's wrong with Dartmouth? I mean, really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: People have been asking that question for years when it comes to Dartmouth football. What's wrong with Dartmouth. I'm looking it up right now. Dartmouth. I know where it is. Yeah, they actually they're.
Speaker 2: Not for football.
Speaker 1: For academics, listen, let me tell you about Dartmouth. Dartmouth is second in the IVY League. They're big green football. You know that they still have to play. They have to play Harvard coming up this coming Saturday, then Princeton, then Cornell and then Brown. We're back to the Brown family.
Speaker 2: I think that the worst is over.
Speaker 1: So there their second and so I guess if you play, if you play football at Dartmouth, you do care about winning. You were right, Mike Brown played football at Dartmouth and he cares about.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you never played sports, or you never involved.
Speaker 1: I did play.
Speaker 2: You put the uniform on. I don't care who you are. You could play stickball in the park. Okay, you could, as only as you put a uniform on your competing in the game you want to win.
Speaker 1: Did you have Did you have stickball uniforms back in Brooklyn, Andy.
Speaker 2: No, we just wore T shirts and so you just.
Speaker 1: Use their uniform reference. Let me tell you something. I proudly put on the uniform of the Knox Dows Red Raiders in eight to nineteen playing basketball.
Speaker 2: Win. I just well, you lost, you felt a little down for me.
Speaker 1: I just I just wanted to get in the game. Forget forget about wanting to win.
Speaker 2: You know, if we were.
Speaker 1: Being blown out or we're blowing someone out on either side. I usually got in. And there was one game against Mount Juliet this is in Tennessee ninth grade basketball, where me and a guy named Tommy Gwill both got in the game. The team was down by five points as we entered the fourth quarter. The coach was furious with the starters. He put us in and we brought the team back and we won the game because of our.
Speaker 2: Contribution to do. I'm just curious, what did you have to do with it? I mean, what was your game defense?
Speaker 1: But I had. I had two steals, one a stolen pass and one stolen on the dribble, and I had a fast break lay up. I had a twenty foot shot that went straight through, and I had a mid range jumper just below the free throw line in the middle of trap. I scored six points in the fourth quarter. This is in junior high basketball. Andy had two stings and two rebounds. What do you mean what happened?
Speaker 2: I was a super Well, you peak, you peaked too early in life, That's what happened. No, I mean I was downhill since then, I guess right, I.
Speaker 1: Was five foot I was five foot ten and I had white Man's disease. I mean I could touch the rim, but that was about it. But I did care about winning. You're right, you put on the uniform. You care about winning.
Speaker 2: No doubt, no doubt. But he here's the thing. Now, So they're losing, and the Bengals are losing, and there was a terrible loss that may have been the worst loss in Zach Zach Taylor's career here in stay right. But but I will tell you this. So yesterday, I believe it was I had a player's only meeting. So what is that? You know that? You know what that does? I mean the average Joseph Lot's good. The players can't him. No, it's a finger pointing where the locker room is beginning to crack. That's what it's. Finger point I think, like you're not doing your job. Play better. Get really, I will say this, And they talk about Duke tobyh they're talking about Zach Taylor. Here's the bottom line.
Speaker 4: You need it.
Speaker 2: We like we talked about this maybe even a week ago. You need a coach that's a leader that could get respect, that has played the game, that has been there, done that, and also puts a little bit of fear in these players. These guys love Zach Taylor. Zach Taylor is a wonderful man. He's a good husband, a good father, good family man, a very nice guy. Maybe he's too nice a guy to be a coach. That's the problem. Dan Campbell will cheer you up and spit you out. And that's why the Detroit Lions win. All right. You look at these coaches that have an attitude, that are tough, that give you that stare. The media are afraid of these guys. Really, the postgame news conferences, they're afraid to ask Dan Campbell a question. Really you'll know. But again, and with Zach Taylor, it's like it's different and they need to get a coach who could bring discipline. These guys aren't bad. They're not bad football in the National Footballer. You know this as well as anybody else. There's not that much of a difference between teammate and t B with talent. If you make the NFL, you're pretty good. But you need to be developed by a coach who could bring the best out of you well.
Speaker 1: Under the under the guys of you gotta you gotta be a tough as nuts kind of guy to be a successful NFL coach. What about Andy Reid, He doesn't seem like he's that that bearish on the side.
Speaker 2: We respect you, right, because Marven Levy was not tough. I don't really you know. So there are guys that's successful, but it's the personality. They're good leaders and players believe in them. Yeah, and they'll get them. You know. I am sure that players could come to meetings late with the Bengals have nothing to say, really, I mean, I I've talked the players that played for Bill Belichick. They said they would sit there watch ten minutes earlier just for fear of being late to a meeting. That's what they do. I don't think that happens in Cincinnati. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I mean Zach taylor uh coaching expertise has been questioned all along. His play calling is always questions, and it certainly wasn't It seems like there were no tea there's no teeth to that defense once again on Sunday against the team that had not won a game yet in the NFL.
Speaker 2: And you know, the jounning game was was rolling, yes, and the.
Speaker 1: Second half situation they didn't. They didn't run the ball in the second half.
Speaker 2: And why he had three three consecutive pass plays at the end of the fourth quarter. Why the running game was was dominant, really rolling in the run game, and he changed it. I sometimes think the game is too big for zat Taylor and he's as they say, he's a nice man, but he hasn't got the experience under his belt. Really. You know, you told about your guy in Kansas City, Andy Reid. He had the experience because for years he was in Philadelphia, right right, it comes to Kansas City. What experience you have to have experience? Really, you're a radio guy, you got like thirty forty years experience. You just can't throw a kid behind the microphones. They do it, they have the talent, but you got to be polished, You got to be led. Forrest Gregg was a great coach here. He was tough, He knew a football game. You look at the coaches that have coached the Cincinnati Bengals, how many of them have had NFL experience and the ones that have not, most of them failed. Dave Sula came here on his name, never coached before. It was horrendous and Bett Taylor's following the same round.
Speaker 1: I have to agree with you on the Dave Shula comparison to Zach Taylor and Dave Shula was the reason that was hard for me when I moved here to get into watching the Bengals play because it was so woeful and you know what, he turned to a guy who could have been, you know, a serviceable NFL quarterback into a laughingstock. And David Klinger with the fact that he just and the fact that people hired Dave Shula after his head coaching stanton Cincinnati to be an offensive coordinator offensive coach, just really makes me laugh.
Speaker 2: Monday Night football game when Gary Reasons pulled a cap over Da've showl his head, it was I don't respect, but it's all about respect. All these coaches all know exes and homes. There's no doubt in my mind they know the game of football. Really, they don't want football, you know in a symbol that I that I could learn in my lifetime. But that's their job. It's not my job. It's their job and they know it. It's how you teach the game. That's how it's that's how it's that that's how you become one better than the other, how you become successful, how you teach the game to others. And it is if they could listen to you. This this team only meeting, I think it's dangerous. I really do. I really closed door players only meeting. I think it's a dangerous thing. I really do.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the closed knit nature of the fraternity of NFL head coaches. Maybe the whole thing was designed to save Aaron Glenn's because Zach Taylor knew that Mike Brown will continue to pay him whether they win or not. And and Aaron Glenn came in with the Jets and he hadn't won a game let yet this year, and there's so much frustration in New York over the Jets not being able to scratch. And maybe maybe Zach Taylor was just doing a solid for Aaron Glenn with the coaching.
Speaker 2: Tell you this, if you watch that Jet team there, you got to give the Aaron Glenn a lot of credit because I didn't see that team quit. No, I didn't see the team quit on him.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 2: They played hard, and I don't think they're a bad team. They've lost several games, but just a few points, but less than a touchdown, So I think they're really good now. I think they got that quarterback. Now, that's the key to Tyron Taylor. And I knew, and I'm not saying this because the game is over now, but I knew that they'd be more dangerous without Tyron Taylor because Taylor cannot run the football. You know. They ran the football on the center. That's what they did against the Bengals and it worked. So I think they found themselves a quarterback. And maybe maybe it was the motivation by their owner Woody Johnson, who basically said, I hope we could get a quarterback that had complete a pass. That may have been the motivation needed for him to go out there and play and beat the Bengals. Could you believe that that game on Sunday, the only time that Jets leg was in the game was over, Yeah, the only time they let I know.
Speaker 1: How about this, how about all of the all the hoopla over Hendricks Henderson before the season. You know, Willie sign is he going to sit out the whole.
Speaker 2: Miss man now?
Speaker 1: And and and all of this. He was so important to be on that defense to give the Bengals a bona fide pass rusher and after all of that hand rigging and all the money that the Bengals had to pay to keep him, and they'd probably franchise tag him after this season. Uh and and he's he's not even a factor because he's not in the game. He's hurt.
Speaker 2: Well, he got a cheap shot, he really did. If you watched the game, he got hit, it was a cheap shot. They should have called.
Speaker 1: I would agree, you know, But it's just funny, funny how things work out.
Speaker 2: You know, he's not going to play, probably not going to play this week against the Bears. And I tell you right now, I mean if the Bears win, the Bears win Sunday, and you know, I would think the Bears probably would be favored, you know, in this game. I really, even though it's a home game, I know you can just wash away the season I have.
Speaker 1: Really, I have no, no, no reason to think of why the Bears wouldn't be favored.
Speaker 5: Andy.
Speaker 2: Really, he's got a great coach. He learned under the Detroit Lion system, under Dan Campbell system. He's a good head coach. He's turned around and the Bears have a running game which they didn't have in the past. And when you have a running game against the Bengal defense that can't stop the run. Fingo, what does that mean?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe Mike Brown should be at that players only meeting to bring the winning spirit of Dartmouth football to his Cincinnati Bengals year.
Speaker 2: Listen to you. You know there's one guy I feel so good about today, and that's lu Ana Rumo, the Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator. Indianapolis has the best record in the National Football League seven and one, and they should set no. But they had that one clown who had the ball over his head and he lost it before he crossed the goal line and he fumbled it and they lost that ball game. But they should be eight and oh, there's seven to one and Louis get doing the job. So you know, he was a scapegoat, and now we know that he was not the scapegoat. And the funny thing is they bring in the defensive coordinator from Notre Dame, right, he's here now, Golden Al Golden, and now his name has been surface and rumored to be the next coach at Penn State.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe the Bengals should bring me into a player's only meeting and I can speak is the super sub of the Noxtars Red Raiders in ninth grade when I led the team as a super sub to victory on the road in Mount Juliett, Tennessee. Andy, We've got to go.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, all right, my friend, have a good week. I'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: I'm recovering. I have broken ribs. Nobody cares. Andy tells me, I do care?
Speaker 2: I care? I care now, I care because I've finished. Now I can thank you.
Speaker 1: Goodbye. We'll close next. I guess we're done with the rain. Please. That was a day louge. Earlier today, hydro planning up seventy one is one of my least favorite sports. But I survived. I hope you did with that, God willing. I'll be back Saturday morning for our fun on the Saturday Morning edition and all our cast of characters, and back here next week as we get you ready for Thanksgiving on the Nightcap next Monday and Tuesday night. Until then, see you, Leeda. And here is our national anthem to honor America. We only have one anthem national anthem in this country, just so as you know, it's this the Star Spangled banner on seven hundred WLW