Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio Whip.
Speaker 2: It's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petrose Papadakus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: She grew up in an Indiana town, had a good looking mama who never was around.
Speaker 2: Agong to Yukes, let Yourse some money, Ampi Todyla Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Flex Alert Show Short show. Just two hours today. We have Clippers, Bulls basketball as they wrap up this East Coast swing. Pregame at four or Midwest Swing as they're in Chicago, tip off at five. Adam Oislin will be along for pregame, f Weller for the tip. So after nearly four hours yesterday we got on at three thirty after the big Clipper win in DC on Martin Luther King Junior go, it was.
Speaker 3: A big day on the pets. Money shall tell you that right.
Speaker 2: Now, no doubt. Put in three and a half hours like it was nothing, and we're gonna have a full four hour show tomorrow. But most importantly, Pee the day we are focusing on when it comes to your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers and five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app is Thursday of this week as we mark an end to our twenty twenty five football BJ's Restaurant in brew House partnership with our last live appearance of the football season, and that will be in Irvine from three to six pm.
Speaker 3: Yes, Matt, we are looking forward to being there. I am here like you were yesterday in studio and see it in person. The black Barbie doll that we debuted yesterday. I got a couple of texts where people said I had to get my hands on that doll and then understandable. The Freedom Train Award. There's a couple of bibble heads of Headeo Nomo and that looks like a Chris Paul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris Paul, State Farm sponsored and the Headeo Nomo with his back did and his head all Turn.
Speaker 3: Twenty six san Anita Park Racing calendar. A big poly pavilion, panoramic poster, which is very nice.
Speaker 4: The glory days of UCLA basketball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so and like like we had the Blindert, this black Barbie doll I think is going to be the centerpiece. So we're going to be down there in beautiful Irvine, California. We have the Westinghouse TV to giveaway. We have our fellowship and camaraderie, and like we normally do, we have miscellaneous junk to fill your life with.
Speaker 2: Meaning one man's trash is another woman's treasure.
Speaker 3: They do say that.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, a panoramic poly pavilion might look nice over someone's entertainment center in their studio apartment.
Speaker 3: You're absolutely right, Matt. To us, it just reminds us that Steve Alford wouldn't come down and talk to us when he was ten yards away in his office on the phone and we were right below him. I'm gonna call those guys. That's what it reminds me of.
Speaker 2: The can see you looking out the window at US coach. Literally, we can see you.
Speaker 3: Tim Kate's thinking that a guy stole a scooter when it was one of those rental bird scooters that you'd have the app and you just pick it up and leave. Kate's almost tackled the guy off the scooter like this Pacific Blue starring Mario Lopez.
Speaker 4: Do I spy Reeves Nelson in that panoramic picture? Or is that Michael Role? I can't tell what you. Oh, wow, good one, good name checking. Kate, well done.
Speaker 2: Let's not forget about the ninja class with the sticks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the stick fighting class.
Speaker 2: The overpowering body odor coming from that stick fighting class.
Speaker 3: It was even outside it was very heavy.
Speaker 2: Body managed to cut through the pungency.
Speaker 3: That's why we got to get this out of here. But you guys do have it. As far as the Freedom Trade Award, it's running cycle and so is Adeo Nomo and so is Chris Paul. So we are happy to give away everything we have, plus the actual tickets and the smart TV and the BJ's gift cards.
Speaker 2: That's a fifty eight inch TV by the way, fifty eight inches.
Speaker 3: It's a three hour showcase. Other than the mayor, did you have any other thoughts, like since you're going to be down there, none right now?
Speaker 2: No, okay, no.
Speaker 3: Problem, no problem, no problem, no problem. We are hopeful though the full music at noon, hopeful music at noon, Hopeful the things develop throughout the day as we had to fully functional employee Adams Clipper Extravaganza. And we're also hopeful that we have a great remote on Thursday. Like you said, Matt, tomorrow's a four hour show.
Speaker 4: Yes, don't forget. Thursday is Clippers Lakers. That's a huge night, huge game here on.
Speaker 3: I know that we try to make that a thing.
Speaker 2: It's a battle of la that's a big that's a thing now, okay, I mean that's a real thing. I know, but it's a no, it's a thing. You can't argue with that. Like Colin Coward says, you know, could the could the Steelers trade six picks to get Ty Simpson? Sounds ridiculous, But it's not nothing. I mean, you're right, yes nothing.
Speaker 3: Kate's in the other room just mouthed six picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's feels like something.
Speaker 3: You're right. I mean, it's easier to promote Clippers Lakers than it is Clippers Wizards, Clippers are the hottest team in the NBA, right, Yes, I know. I guess you could very much argue that the Clippers could not play anybody more significant to make it a centerpiece for Hey, we're going out and we're going to be on before this game. There would be no more significant game to our audience than Clippers Lakers. Am I wrong? There's no one else they could play other than like the Lithuanian team with the grateful dead Unis from way back in the nineties with Simonis. That team maybe would garner a little bit more too.
Speaker 2: But other than that, yeah, I mean, like maybe the you know, the ninety eight Bowls. I suppose ninety.
Speaker 3: Eight Bulls show up and it's Ray cl You're right, Yeah, you're right. We might even road trip to Chicago for that one. That in fact, I'm confident to say, if you can pull that together, I will go to Chicago. I'll get us all hotel rooms at the w But in the world of who the Clippers should and could play other than the ninety eight Bulls, which we'd all love to see, it's the Lakers. It's Lebron, it's Luca, it's Austin Reeves on the bench, and a Henley. That's what we have to sell and that is more than something.
Speaker 2: You're right if they beat those Lakers, and I'm just chalking up tonight as a victory. The Bulls have been one of the worst teams in basketball the last month or so. I'm coming Elizabeth. They get their seventh They get their seventh in a row. Apologies to Stacy King for putting that one in the win column, and beat the Lakers. Their next two games p would be against two of the worst teams in the league Brooklyn at home, Utah on the road, and that would get him back to twenty three and twenty three.
Speaker 3: You said that they were going to get there before the All Star breakmat and that's prophetic. And this is two days in a row. We've talked and walked Clippers as the show.
Speaker 2: Started at Gate. We probably shouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: And you know what, it's Tim Kates that got us there talking about Clippers Lakers. But I want to say, I still want to make my point, my punto, because this is a talk show and we have to make very elaborate points.
Speaker 2: He's produced a much shows.
Speaker 3: Because everybody I would say that it's not exactly like our city comes to life when the Lakers and Clippers tip it off. It's not like everybody's waiting with baited breath, like chievas is here or something.
Speaker 2: Off Trevos Galaxy back in the day was something.
Speaker 3: Or an l Tree exhibition or something. Oh yeah, you know what I mean. It's not Mel Tree, Paraguay. It's not like what people are like, you know. I remember when I was there that second time the Clippers played the Lakers in two thoy fifteen.
Speaker 2: I hate to push back on you, Petros, but for the.
Speaker 3: Better do it gently.
Speaker 4: But for the third week of January and twenty twenty six, with just the Rams still active in the NFL, and they could be done by this weekend with college football championship now done in that.
Speaker 3: Was a mean shot at matt and.
Speaker 4: And baseball now just still a few weeks away from pitchers and catchers. This is the biggest thing outside of Quinton Byfield. Maybe getting traded by the Kings, Lakers, Clippers is the biggest thing right now. You're right, and the Clippers are the hottest team in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Toppers signing with the Dodgers, No, well, I mean that was last week. I was still carrying though. You know, people saying this can't believe it.
Speaker 4: Man, this is one of those games where Lebron we wearing that special patch. We'll all remember where we were game You're twenty three, listen, and he shaved his head so like he's embracing his baldness.
Speaker 3: Finally, I'm just saying, I don't feel like the city stands at attention. But you're right, it is something as Matt Putt, and I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Look at something.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth past the NFL regular season where we have, Hey, we're leading up to Philadelphia versus the Baltimore rate, you know, something like that.
Speaker 2: I'll try to say this, it at least can be a lead in as opposed to come see us at the BJ's restaurant in brew House in Irvine and meet Irvine's mayor, eighty one year old Larry Agrin.
Speaker 3: Well you could meet Larry Agrin and then leave and have nothing to do with Clippers Lakers, right, you know.
Speaker 2: I think Clippers Lakers supplants the headline of come meet Irvine Mayor Larry Agrin. As we continue our tour of local pilot. It depends how interestorts local politics. I was with the mayor Long Beach last week.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tim, I just you know, let's stop poop pooh this January twenty second matchup between the Lakers and Clippers. Because when we wake up tomorrow and scratch our eyes, what's coming up in front of us?
Speaker 3: And nothing?
Speaker 4: Great world of sports pitchers and catchers, Rams. Yeah, that's great, But Lakers Clippers is a big thing Thursday night, and to it don't well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Rams are a pretty big thing, right. The Rams are.
Speaker 2: There in the NFC Championship. Did you have a chance to win a Super Bowl? No doubt.
Speaker 3: I know that that Matt is not happy. You know, he's not happy. I believe it was uttered yesterday. The Chargers got screwed and the Rams got lucky. That's and so that is.
Speaker 2: The nuts and bolts.
Speaker 3: Nuts and bolts, at least as far as the hosts on this show goes like, that's you know, at least fifty percent of the feeling. And then we have David Vassay who's now a Rams fan and gonna try like today Vassay was going to like try to drive somewhere and see the players or something. I don't know, Yeah, he had some weird I was behalf listening like he was gonna go to the facility today or something like vass has ram fever.
Speaker 2: And it is gross for me to see.
Speaker 3: Now. Look, I love the stretch zone that McVeigh runs.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 3: I think that as a play calling head coach, he gets away from himself and does stupid things like the ninety zero flip on the goal line. But and but for the most part, their offense is built off that beautiful stretch zone and that offensive line that all the way up you don't know all right saying look, it is a downhill play and a certain point. But they also run an inside zone as well, and they're beautiful at both of them. And that has been the basis of the Rams offensive success. Yes, Stafford throws very special no look passes, and yes they play a great defense, and without Aaron Donald they play great defense. But it is still kind of gross that Vassay is actually going, I believe going over to the facility today to sniff jocks. How does that make you feel?
Speaker 1: Mad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not a my man, I need you to get out there. No, look, I know it's not on our station, but we got to try to take a piece of it. So date, can you get out there, get me some interviews, get me some tape, Let's try to own it. That's not what this is. This is my son likes the Rams. Thereby I like the Rams, and I'm just gonna kind of get out there and get around the guys and be part of this run to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: And he's hoping that made interview. Stafford's like, Hey, isn't that David Vassay from the Dodgers. That's right, Mardy Steven who's killing the kids, you know. And he thinks that he's going to noosele up to the Ramilly and they're going to invite him in. And I don't like that, Mike. You know. Now, Vassy did make a cogent point with me on the telephone a little bit earlier today, and that is the fact that once Tom Brady, who Vassay despises from his days of the Tuck Rule being a real Raider fan and the Tuck Rule and the terrible Night in the snow on Foxborough and so on and so forth, once Tom Brady got involved with the Raiders, all bets were off for Vassay and he was free to Rome, almost like a separation in a marriage.
Speaker 2: It's kind of funny that that would be the straw, right, That's what I said.
Speaker 3: I left.
Speaker 2: I was like, I've done No, they haven't been in Los Angeles in thirty years, and they're the worst team of the last twenty years, literally the worst team of the last twenty years, and they haven't been here in thirty But Tom Brady comes along, and that's it. That's what he said, do it on the telephone.
Speaker 3: It might have said that on the phone, and now might have been an excuse from vass A.
Speaker 2: It sounds like an excuse, but I do feel.
Speaker 3: Like he did jump over to the ramilly and look, if I wanted, if I was going to leave my family and go to another family. We have often said that about vass A over the years, under some different circumstances.
Speaker 2: We're just waiting for the news to break.
Speaker 3: If I if I was going to do that, I would want my new family to run a great stretch zone.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: And and I am proud of the stretch zone that the Rams run. And I can see why they've attracted Dave and he lives in the area.
Speaker 2: And I was going to say, I don't think it's so much the stretch zone pe as it is. That'ssay is very proud to be a valley born raised, current resident eight eight Slasha.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't live in I don't think he lives in the valley.
Speaker 2: So he doesn't. He lives in the eight oh five now. Yeah, so he's up in the which is where the rams are. The rams are up there, but they're going to Woodlan Hills, so they'll be, you know, in his old hood. So he takes a lot of ownership. They're there now, right, So there they are still in the think a lot of players live around that area. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Is it the facility not open?
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's nowhere near. I think they're I think they're you know, they're building that whole thing out.
Speaker 3: It's not like the Bolt. No, but you're fully operational, I'm afraid. So Vassa lives up there around the rams too, and he's trying to rub puzzo heads with everybody. And I have to say, I don't find it very I'm becoming I'm just.
Speaker 2: Current facility details. P. You are correct, they are there. The facility just is not built yet. They are working out of temporary facilities, but they have.
Speaker 3: I don't expect you to know about it. Being a Chargers guy, you know you're obviously not in the Ramilly. I have been openly attacked by the Queen of the Ramiley, Missus Stafford.
Speaker 2: So let's not forget about the Whitworths too. Before they left, they came after you pretty good as well.
Speaker 3: The Whitworst also came after me, so I'm not and Johnny Hecker got after me too.
Speaker 2: That's right after being a friend of the show after and stay beav of all things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so wait, that relationship is now ruined?
Speaker 3: Yes, oh sweet? Something I said on the challenge. I think there was a fight Ramsey.
Speaker 2: He's like a punter in Carolina. Now pause, I mean, Tim, it's not like you know we're doing a lot of Heckers.
Speaker 3: Well still, I mean you know, i'd still like, yeah.
Speaker 2: You don't know what that guy, great punter.
Speaker 3: He's mad at me for something I said about Jalen Ramsey and a stripper, a story Fred made me do on the challenge.
Speaker 2: Do it Pete somethingle move then need I can't do it because of my reputation as an anchor. But you attack my dancing clown can get away from Golden Tate and his sister.
Speaker 3: It was like some about Golden Tate's sister or something like that, and Johnny Hackers like, you don't know what the Ramses are going through, and I'm just like, dude, leave me alone. I'm just all with fred go away. So yeah, like I've been, You're gonna miss me. You're gonna miss my stories about strippers. Yeah, in one day you're gonna there's gonna be a guy and be dazzled jeans and a pirate staring up at you. Olivia Garvey and Mario being snarky with each other over their outfits. I hope you have you're happy? Uh, Kates, Uh are you in the Ramy No, I would say you're more Well, no, you're in the Raideries.
Speaker 4: I grew up a Rams fan. My dad rooted for the Rams when they were in.
Speaker 3: Robinson.
Speaker 4: They left in ninety four. I stopped rooting for him and I never came back.
Speaker 3: I'm a Raider fan.
Speaker 2: Now, well, you're a Raider employee, not too which then makes you a raider. Absolutely well, i'd exactly ramsay cutting you a check, you get a check with a pirate dog dogs. He's a raider.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Rams broke my heart when I was young when they left for where when they left l A. Yeah, when they left LA, Tim Conway threw a rock through their window. He was very like, we take that rock to Anaheim. And they left LA and went to Anaheim. They might as well have gone to Tibet. For Tim Conway Junior's view, like he was, he was deeply hurt by that, and a lot of people in LA felt that way. Once they went down to Orange County, much like the Angels, they became a forgotten entity.
Speaker 4: All I remember them is being an Anaheim. I'm too young to remember them being in LA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ding dog Tim Conway. Year old.
Speaker 3: Tim Conway was old enough to grab a rock and flung it through a window. So the big story is the Rams Vassays trying to get into Ramley sniffing around the goats ass mad of course, deeply bummed out. Matt's. Matt's platform this week is the Chargers got screwed, the Rams got lucky.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like that's what it was, but we'll take it. No, it's not. No, I'm sorry. Then you realize bad day.
Speaker 4: He's going to take full ownership of the Rams win the Super Bowl. Like everything I'm a part of wins the Dodgers and the other Rams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's exactly what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, in his defense, it is with his child. He has bonded with his son over the Rams. I would assume the Dodgers are more of a job for dad, whereas the Rams is a little more you know, extracurricular grab ass fun time. We'll be back. We support family bonding here.
Speaker 3: Now when it comes to the Ramilly, you mentioned three of them attack me. Man, I've been attacked by three Rams, right, Why would I go back onto that rocky hill side.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'd let you. I think they would, you know, roll some rocks down that hill as you try to climb it to reach the summit and be dodging boulders. Well, that's continue to call Matthew matt upsetting him and his family.
Speaker 3: That's why my platform, like some others, is the Chargers got screwed the Lucky.
Speaker 2: We'll be back Ramilly all the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, Dave, Ramilly all the way. We'll be back with the top story of the day.
Speaker 1: This is Petro send money to man.
Speaker 2: You know, Matt, I know what you know you.
Speaker 3: I just had to do a promo for our big show on Thursday at the Bjay's Restaurant in Brewouts at three o'clock for Instagram, and I wanted to point out on the calendar Crito's calendar, not the.
Speaker 2: Beuford T Justice calendar. It's a good one.
Speaker 3: Uh. I wanted to point out, uh, you know, on the calendar when when it was the twenty second and somebody drew something very inappropriate on the calendar, and I know it wasn't me.
Speaker 2: What was the inappropriate?
Speaker 3: Somebody drew a picture of the big puzzo and I don't think our sponsors, we kates came with a white out and whine it out what well we can We can't be the work of art. DJs is gonna call me like, what's with the big boots? I drew it, man, I know it's not an apostrophe of GM.
Speaker 2: And it's not like you have to have the City of Crito's calendar. You can use the buford T Justice calendar. Some bitch, You're right, I just noticed, you know, when I did draw the boots as I wrote it on you admit it. You admit you didn't. Yeah, when I drew the pots on their case, just went, oh, come on, oh, come on?
Speaker 3: Kind of man does that? I mean? My god, I'm like, come on down Thursday we got oh no.
Speaker 2: Oh, top story of Today, winners all around. Who knows, Maybe it'll suck best back in. You know, I was all right with them moving thirty five years ago, the twenty years of losing. But Tom Brady's too much.
Speaker 3: That's what he said to me. Maybe I shouldn't have talked about it as a private conversation, but you know, I mean, I just Matt. As the Rams are going into the championship game, you never know, they might go to the super Bowl and cards on the table face up. You know, you allege that I can't even be on the Rocky Cliff where the Rams live, that they're gonna push me off.
Speaker 2: They will roll a boulder at you.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you have more of an invite to the Rambley than I do?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hell no, okay, absolutely not. If you remember that TV show the like there's gonna be a dome dropped over, I'm just gonna bonk right into it.
Speaker 3: So recognize, all right, So they don't like you Kates works for the Raider. Kates is the most in the Ramilly because we're working on having the thicker kicker on later this week and we got to figure out where we are.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, you know, love miszoo, miss m i z.
Speaker 3: He didn't say it, damn it.
Speaker 2: I did it again and nobody said anything. What a night last night, Bee seeing Fernando Mendoza post one of the most iconic. We'll be remembered with the best of them for all time college football moments just football moments in leading the most perhaps literally the most unlikely of schools to a perfect first ever sixteen and zero season.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest college in this crazy era where everything seems to kind of suck. It's the biggest college football story ever and the best coaching job ever.
Speaker 2: It's the losing his team until November of twenty twenty five in college football history is now It's champion. The fourth and five run for a touchdown was John Elway in Super Bowl thirty two. The Michael Vick two thousand and two split in the Minnesota defense and those two defensive backs bonking into one another. The Kenny Stabler thirty yard versus the Steelers, that gave the Raiders the seven to six lead moments before the immaculate reception changed that game and became the iconic most memorable play from that contest. But fourth and five quarterback draw contact before the first down marker bounce off of that lunge to the end zone another five yards out, that play wins you a Heisman.
Speaker 3: He did a hand tap. Drill did a hand tap behind him. That's pretty remarkable.
Speaker 2: It's a play that erases an otherwise modest box score from end sixteen to twenty seven, one hundred and eighty six yards, no touchdowns, head of little yards rushing, and you do it in a national championship game. You do that box score in a national championship game and lose, and I think the questions probably would have amplified a little bit. I'm be sure this guy's the number one pick or is he the number one pick? Because there's no other quarterback in an otherwise week quarterback class. And Thoza has the measurables. He's six', five he's two twenty. Five he's got the, starts thirty six of. Them he's got the season forty one touchdowns led ALL. Fbs nine point three yards per attempt a one eighty two point nine. Rating those are all tops in The Big, ten the most competitive conference of the. Year he's got A. Heisman he's got a perfect. SEASON i slid that one in, There. Paul he's got a perfect. Season and now to go with other highlights from the regular, season the forty eight yard bomb to Beat iowa and the final ninety seconds third and goal from the Seven Penn state toe tap thirty six seconds left now has an iconic. Highlight The hoosiers are. Undefeated they absolutely Blasted alabama And oregon in the. Playoffs you mentioned this. Yesterday he had more touchdown passes than in completions in those two. Games he led his team to wins over Five top ten teams this. Season it is one of the most, dominant impressive single college football seasons in the history of the.
Speaker 3: Sport he's Like Ken. Dorsey he's sitting back there throwing it to shockey and a bunch of superstar wide. Receivers, say you know the best receivers rot is.
Speaker 2: The you can silence all the doubters about whether or not The, raiders who have started nine nine quarterbacks in the last four Years Derek, Carr Jarrett, Stidham aidan, O'Connell Jimmy, Garoppolo Brian, Hoyer, Gardner Minshew, Desmond, Ridder Kenny, Pickett Gino. Smith nine quarterbacks have started the last four, years nine tries to get this thing right in less than a half. Decade it's safe to say they're going to Take mendoza number one. Overall and it is safe to say that, finally after a thirty year run as the number one Selling Raider, Jersey Tim brown will finally be. Supplanted, No Tim, Brown tim finally be supplanted for The the eighty one Of Tim brown will be supplanted by number. Fifteen with the Word. Mendoza he's got out in the. Bag he's got to have a few good games at, least because he's. Not if he Was, MEXICAN i WOULD i would play the horns.
Speaker 3: If his name was Ramire, oh, yes of course his name Was. Ramiret but he's A. Cubano, yes SO i think it is a match made in. Football.
Speaker 2: Heaven the performance last, night getting clocked in the chin, early busting his, lip not even flinch and not asking for the, flag not acting All lebron sprawled out on the, ground.
Speaker 3: Screamingtribution from the. Officials Big Ten championship started out. Right, yeah his, brother Uh greg coming. Out he just keeps his brother's name Is. Octavio he keeps making.
Speaker 2: Plays it's A miami front that has a top five pick In, baying Multiple day one and two selections having their way with The INDIANA o. Line H mendoz is Not Caleb, Williams Joe, Burrow Trevor, lawrence guys that were the number one pick mid season before anybody even do needed to try to figure out what was gonna. Happen he's more Cam ward Can ward was the number one. Pick we knew he was gonna be the number. ONE pi about him month before the draft feels a little more like, that and you know, what that's. Great they would absolutely TAKE i know Cam ward's you, Know Tennessee titans didn't play great this. Year he had some down, moments but a lot of great. Moments and he looks like a viable starting. Quarterback that's like the. Guy, yeah and that's What mendoza probably. Is. Now this is where it gets interesting because Cam or did not have a signature performance on a national stage because of the late season fall for The Miami.
Speaker 3: Hurricanes, yeah and they took him out of The bowl game once he broke a. Record so there's.
Speaker 2: That so when you have a performance Like mendoza, has Like Bryce young winning The heisman and then posting five touchdowns in The Sugar, bowl teams are now going to be, like, well it's this might be the. Guy it's possible The jets at number, two with that extra first rounder from The colts could offer up a package.
Speaker 3: Like go full Ditka Ricky williams.
Speaker 2: Right like, Truck like, hey you want both ones this year and a one next. Year The panthers gave The bears two, ones two twos AND Dj. Moore The jets very easily could put together two, ones two twos And Garrett wilson and The raiders would only have to move back a. Spot would they take that? Call how badly do they want another number to finally Knock Tim brown's eighty one out of the best selling jersey in each of the last thirty. Years it's certainly SOMETHING i would assume they would. Entertain it is a franchise that needs a full scale. Rebuild you could argue there are two players that you would say not aren't, untouchable but you can build Around, Obviously Max crosby on, Defense Brock bauers on. Offense you would Think ashton, gent but we don't. Know because of how bad THE o line was and the quarterback play was last. Year he wasn't, good but he wasn't. Bad, no you just didn't have. That it was it was almost impossible for him to be. Good one might say he doesn't have. It after how many games would you say? That like? Two maybe?
Speaker 3: Half i've seen two. Games i'm just kidding. Everybody, yes.
Speaker 2: There is another interesting. One P As mendoza has become a household. Name he's as likable as any quarterback we've. Seen come out the postgame pressers scramble over each, other you, know the family. That there are so many storylines that scream face of the, franchise not just, quarterback it's gonna be the quarterback of my, team but face of the. Franchise corporate dollars, pouring and people want to buy season. Tickets they want to stop wearing the number eighty one and start wearing the number.
Speaker 3: Fish they just want to touch the ham of his garment like they do the voice of The bolts at THE.
Speaker 2: Bjs, oh just like. That so there is a story up on The evil four letter take from? It what you AND i don't know If Tim kates wants to crack a mic and weigh in on this.
Speaker 4: Retrieve i'm. Intrigued i'm listening.
Speaker 2: That Lamar jackson has become so disillusioned with The ravens and once out regardless of who the next head coach is going to, be that the two TIME, mvp still in the, conversation is the most electric player in the. League it could be. Available would you trade the number one overall pick In Fernando mendoza for one of the most exciting, PLAYERS a guy that screams Raiders Davis era and you've got to deal with his. Mom this good looking, Guy why nobody ever brings that? Up thank You Jalen. ROSE i don't know why anybody doesn't bring him up when they bring up all the other. Quarterbacks they are good. Looking Jalen rose walked ON. Tv So Ryan clark could run stepping ass stuff like. That lamar just turned twenty, nine still quite. Young. Crazy, well there's you know.
Speaker 4: The price tag, Though, matt look at the price tag On Lamar. Jackson they can afford it fifty?
Speaker 3: One do you Think Tom brady Likes? Lamar do you think he Likes Ferdy. Mendoza isn't that what it comes down?
Speaker 2: To that's the. Question If Spy tech And Tom brady are making the, calls do they want to try to get this thing flipped? Quickly or are they comfortable with A Tennessee titans like season from last year with Cam? Ward does he takes his lumps as he tries to get it all figured? Out and you, know after a league worst three and fourteen, season could you be staring at another three or four or five win season as your quarterback gets comfortable on a roster that is lacking talent at a number of positions and could really user Rebuild. KATES i like that a.
Speaker 4: LOT i don't Like Lamar jackson's fifty one million, dollars you, KNOW i like, better, Though Joe burrow in A raider. Uniform, Oh Cincinnati bengals may want to get Off Joe. Burrow he's got the big, Contract, yes But Joe burrow for the number one. Pick Maybe Joe burrow in the tenth topa pick.
Speaker 3: On the number one flashy?
Speaker 4: OUTFITS i, MEAN i don't know how they has to work To. VEGAS i don't know how it works in THE. Nfl did the contracts have to match up like in THE. Nba it's got to be eighty? Five, okay so perfect they.
Speaker 2: Don't The bengals would just eat a tremendous amount of dead cap money that they paid to him in His Sogni. Moses but it wouldn't matter because they'd be on a rookie Contract Fernando, mendoza so that would kind, of you, know equal all things. Out, wow.
Speaker 3: Trade, talk, Guys i'll say, this it's some hardcore trade talk now That Freddie, mendoza As matt, said as.
Speaker 2: A house most incredibly desired. Rable i'll say, this AND i know this may not sit well with, some but That Joe burro's a good looking.
Speaker 3: Guy, AH i know you love. Him not as good as That, lamar but, yeah that's that.
Speaker 2: LISTEN i, KNOW i know some people, Say, lamar why isn't he mentioned with all the good looking. QUARTERBACKS i think it's.
Speaker 3: Quite a Ch Jalen rose, said why does everybody talking about This? Garoppolo look At? Lamar, people he looks like a. Frog what are you?
Speaker 4: Talking Imagine Joe burrow and those furs In vegas walking into a legion Every. SUNDAY i, mean come.
Speaker 2: On, jim see that's and again you throw for one to eighty, seven rush for negative eight yards and you lose by a. Point Because Carson beck was able to deliver The national championship to The. Hurricanes maybe not doing what we're doing. Today maybe The raiders that fourth and five run The raders just. Get if that's the, case The Raider Ferdy mendoza just goes to The. Raiders but after that fourth and five twelve yard touchdown run where he hand tapped and stove it into his own and his anti stood up his hot ands right and his Brother, octavio.
Speaker 4: Could you repeat That jets possible trade scenario that was intriguing as.
Speaker 2: Well The Bryce young trade from The panthers to The bears was two, ones two two's AND Dj. Moore so The jets could trade the number two. Pick you slide back one, spot and they do have The colts, pick WHICH i think is like. Sixteen you could trade them both of those two twos And Garrett, wilson, yes a, legitimate bona fide number one. Receiver i'm in for that. One you're in for that, One, Yep i'm in for that. One that's What Fernando mendoza and that fourth and five twelve yard touchdown run can do for a. Franchise instead Of Fernando, mendoza you don't Want, Mendoza mania p Or.
Speaker 4: Tim i'd rather have a balanced team with a lot of great. Players but if they do Get Fernando, Mendoza i'm not opposed.
Speaker 2: To that at the number one overall.
Speaker 4: Pick but these scenarios for trades would be very.
Speaker 3: Fruitful, hey The vegas is a town of stars Like danny gans to, me And Freddie mendoze is a.
Speaker 2: Star, star absolute. Star and what he'll do for The Catholic church in that community In Sin, city My, god.
Speaker 3: And with the right woman who can stop me stretch to the. TOP i can't wait For Freddie mendoza to go to mass In. Henderson. Hmm great, Story, matt thank, you it's a great.
Speaker 4: Story this is gonna be a big topic for the next two. Months you every, Day kate's you're doing it right. Here i'm In.
Speaker 3: I'm still a little butt. HURT i, MEAN i don't want to be in The. Ramley but now That matt said That i'm not gonna. BE i kind of am mad about.
Speaker 2: It you can't be in The. RAMLEY i, mean they're their most important, player the LIKELY mvp of the. League his wife hates. You it would be the ultimate distraction is they try to win A Super bowl to have you be part of the Ram. LEAGUE i don't want to. Be but were you saying that they hate me so? Much they hate your? Guts that's a, Fact, petros a.
Speaker 3: Fact Do colin doesn't believe? That do?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 3: Colin of course? Not, yeah thank?
Speaker 2: You oh, Really, colin that's a. Lie that's a bald faced lie what you just. Said you know The rams hate? Him no one Hates.
Speaker 3: Petros no one Hates, Petros Kelly stafford. Does everyone Hates. Petros we got some news coming up, Next spanish. News then you're, like, Uh spanish. News what did you say, said? Bitches what about? Bitches spanish?
Speaker 2: News?
Speaker 3: Bitches spanish language news is? Here, no it's just news From. Spain, oh come, on Manana espana barthalo, Enough we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back Southern california's most listened to sports talk, Show this Is Petro money on.
Speaker 2: Demand BJ's restaurant in Brew house And irvine three to six. Pm we'll have A Western house fifty eight Inch ZUMO tv is a grand prize to give away a So BJ's restaurant in Brew, house gift, cards clipper, tickets Swap meet prizes from The Petrosen Money prize closet as. Well but That Western house fifty eight In ZOOMO. Tv spend more time, watching less time app hopping with their SMART tv. Experience find Your Western HOUSE tv at Best buy Your.
Speaker 3: Amazon i'm, Sorry kate was showing me a video of the two goalies. Fighting uh did? You did you mention the black barbie.
Speaker 2: Doll that is part of the swap. Meet the black barbie, DOLL i believe is what's it called making moves or something like. That made because to, move made to move because it's got the bendable knees and elbows unlike other.
Speaker 3: Barbies, Okay, matt it is time for Some spanish news From, spain which is funny because in about seven minutes at three O'clock Spain Sarah, Spain oh no, doubt who sounded a little under the weather the other. Week we'll have her report on women's. SPORTS a bunch of teams and they're going to be called the. Claw it's, like oh, What but, anyway Love, spain which one the country Or Sarah spain of the.
Speaker 2: Country.
Speaker 3: Okay, Pedrena, spain a town of less than two Thousand spaniards in The cantabadia, region the home to the late golf legend.
Speaker 2: Save oh seve Belists.
Speaker 3: Bellisteros, Yes matt the winner of NINE pga, events fifty Euro tour, events number one in the world for most of nineteen eighty, six of, course A Ryder cup, legend and a winner of the nineteen eighty Four Open. Championship he also won the eighty and eighty Three, masters not exactly a golf lightweight Semi. Bellisteros now there is a life size statue of him In, Pedrena, spain to commemorate his life and that big win in The Open championship and him doing like his fist in the, air sculpted By spanish Sculptor Salvador sibalosky Cedric Sobalos spanish. Uncle it's his son who was also very involved around the, basket picking up the trash getting. Points it was installed in this small town at The La Barqueria park In, Pedrena, battlesteros of, course died of a brain tumor in twenty eleven at a very young age of fifty. Four he would have been on The Senior tour having a great.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 3: Matt i'm sad to, report but the reports are From spain that the statue has been. Stolen it is the son of a, bitch a life size. Statue it's quite large and. Heavy somebody or buddy's picked Up battlesteros in that, small Sleepy spanish town and.
Speaker 2: Walked away with.
Speaker 3: Him La Policia locale is on top of. It maybe SOME cctv footage will. Help La Guardia seville is also on. It but right, Now, matt imagine it with your love For. Spain hemingway asked love For, spain that somebody is sitting in their house staring at the stolen statue Of Sevee ballistero's.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's. Uh seve is kind of Like. Senna he's got that sort of level of Of. Spanish, Yeah spain looks At seve as arguably one of its most beloved athletes of all, time like The mule the tennis, player like The Mule Raffa Nadal Rafa. Nadal, yeah he used to wear those. SWEATER i THINK i think he's ahead of The gasol Brother come, ON i think he's safe to, Say sevy ahead of The gasol. Brothers this isn't? That probably not ahead Of Rafa.
Speaker 3: Northern, Spain, matt and the statue vanished sometime over the. Weekend this is a big, statue not.
Speaker 2: Cool it's a good looking statue. Too i'm looking at. It it's a beautiful about that iconic.
Speaker 3: Sweater policlocale has indicated that the statue was in fact, stolen as opposed to borrowed or magically disappeared magic sucked into the ground as a black Hole worman have said it has been. Stolen, so as we often do with these types of, Stories matt of an international nature and, flavor we will follow this story to its conclusion and hope that The ballistero statue has returned to its rightful place at the park In pedrena and the Sculptor Salvador Somalo cedric's.
Speaker 2: BROTHER i would assume that thing's going to weigh in the neighborhood of what five hundred. Pounds it doesn't look light thousand. POUNDS i don't.
Speaker 3: Know how you get that out of the park without any of The spaniards. NOTICED i, MEAN i know they see, esta but, like it can't be that heavy of a nap time to where these guys were able to go and just snatch savvy.
Speaker 2: Balosteros where do you put? It it's like in your kitchen leaning on the, fridge, like, hey come, on grab a.
Speaker 3: Soda In, SPAIN i heard that they drive cars made from. Tortillas i'm, sorry good, Luck. TULLE i look count it's.
Speaker 4: Good looking statue by the, Way, yeah well come, on it's you, know It's. Spain fist, bump beautiful art In. Spain his face looks like he's from The Walking dead, though like he's a. Vampire well it's not, alive you. Know, well the tatues don't look.
Speaker 3: At in, fact nobody Said sabalos Was. Michelangelo, okay it's it's it's As modestanish northern, town but that doesn't mean they don't deserve their sculpture of semi ballist.
Speaker 4: Enters in the world of sports, statues it's one of the better ones that we've seen in the last decade or.
Speaker 2: SO i thought you were.
Speaker 3: No, Well Dwayne wade's screaming hell faces very special to all of, us and of Course Bizarro ronaldo the Airported. PORTUGAL i am so. SAD i know you appreciate some international golf flavor. There matt love it And ah love. It nobody loves art heists more than the better of some money, show whether they be public displays or from a. Museum we'll be right back with your word number song of the. Day we have some local knowledge in. There you see that. GOALIEFIGHT i was watching the goalie fight AND i didn't hear whether or not you were Promoting Black, barbie and it. Didn't you just sword over. It made to. MOVE a lot of people want, it only one is going to get.
Speaker 2: It i'd rather have The Black barbie than THE. Tv that's just. Me all, right get out of the way For Sarah. Spain but we'll be right. Back