Speaker 1: All right, seven hundred WLW. It's nine Thanksgiving Eve.
Speaker 2: I'm Dan Carroll.
Speaker 1: This is the Wednesday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. We'd like to call the show We Go till Midnight tonight and Man terrible loss for you see no way to sugarcoat that one Eastern Michigan. West Miller not very happy after the after the debacle at the fifth third Center tonight. So we'll see what happens with the Bearcats down the road. But I am very glad as always to welcome in my first guest tonight. Kevin Aldridge is the opinion editor at the Cincinnati Inquirer, and Kevin Aldridge is great to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: How are you tonight, Dan, Always a pleasure to talk to you.
Speaker 2: How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm great. I want to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. But there's going to be sort of a dark cloud over this Thanksgiving Giving, the events that have unfolded in Washington, d C. With a couple of National Guard members shot and apparently clinging to life at this moment. Let me have your reaction to those events in d C today. This is sure I think to reignite again the debate over migration in this country, whether you're.
Speaker 2: Here illegally illegally.
Speaker 1: Again, the rhetoric that we hear are political rhetoric surrounding what federal agents are doing, what National Guard units are doing, what is going on to try in and combat violence in cities like d C, like Chicago, like New York. Give me your thoughts on the events that are unfolding as we speak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think the first thing that you know needs to be said is prayers need to go up for these two National Guard members as well as their families, and we pray that you know that that they're able to recover and that the worst doesn't happen in this situation. And I think you know, we we all have to unequivocally denounce violence like this. There can be no equivocation or no it's ands or butts to it. I mean, we have to we have to denounce it. We have to say it's unacceptable, and we have to call on each other to be better, to to support law enforcement and and try to get you know, these types of individuals who will commit these types of crimes off our streets. But I think we also have to resist the temptation to try to politicize these incidents, Dan, because I think that's that's part of the problem.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, there there will.
Speaker 3: Be some people who will say because apparently this is a targeted attack, and I don't know if this is in response to you know, President Trump deploying National Guard members to these cities to to fight crime, and a lot of people think that that is that that move in and of itself was a was a political move. And and I just think the issue of crime is too serious, whether we're talking about here in Cincinnati or in the nation's capital or anywhere in the country for us to try to to to politicize these issues. And I think it's not good for law enforcement, it's not good for law abiding.
Speaker 2: Citizens in this country.
Speaker 3: And I just think we've got to find a way to talk about these these very serious issues of crime, which we can't act like don't exist, but deal with them in a way that is that is constructive, that allows people to get due process and and you know, protects all of our rights but also gets the worst elements off of our streets. And and I think we're smarter than we have been in terms of how we do with this, but we got to come out of the We got to come out of our political tribes, We got to come out of this nation and try to or try to come out of this division that we have in the nation and come up with some common sense solutions to this issue, because you know, we just can't continue to go on like this as a country. And it's definitely a tragedy and and you hate for something like this to happen anytime, but particularly right before.
Speaker 4: A holiday where you know, where.
Speaker 3: We celebrate what we're grateful for and thankful for and our freedoms in this country and other things.
Speaker 1: It's just saying, yeah, how many times have we heard this debate though, about cooling the rhetoric and you know, trying to elevate the level of our political discourse. And we get these lectures and we hear all these different politicians come out and pontificate, and then about a day goes by and we start here in the same terms nazi and brownshirt and fascist and all these terms being thrown out again. It seems like it we are quick to get back on that track, especially when we have a series of incidents like we're seeing right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think this is and I don't think this is exclusive to one side of the aisle, right, I think both sides do it. And one of the things that I've been critical of a lot of times when I write about these issues is leadership.
Speaker 2: You know, I believe that.
Speaker 3: It starts at the top, that it starts at the top with everybody, starting with our President, who I think we just have to admit, is not the It doesn't lay off the rhetoric himself or the hyperbole, and that doesn't help it that it comes from the top levels of our government, and then it trickles down. I mean that that doesn't exempt any member of Congress, Republican or Democrat from engaging in the same kind of hyperbolic rhetoric that doesn't do anything but further devis us. And I really feel like our leaders have to have cooler heads, they have to be smarter, they have to choose their words wisely.
Speaker 4: Dan, I think.
Speaker 3: About every word that I use, whether I'm writing it or whether I'm speaking to somebody. I think about what I want to say before I say it, and is it constructive or destructive to the conversation. And it just it pains me that our political leaders don't do that and instead of trying to appeal to the better angels of every American, I think they played to the lowest common denominator. They play to our biases, our fears, and prejudices, and that's just not good. Whether you're a Republican or a Democrat, it's got to start at the top. And then I also think each one of us bears the responsibility as well. You know, when Donald Trump first won the presidency, I wrote a piece that said, you know, it's not Trump, it's us. You know, Donald Trump can say whatever he wants to say if you don't like him, whether you like him or you don't like him, he doesn't control your social media fee, what you choose to put out, what you choose to say. And I always say, if you don't like the tone in this country, then you need to check your own see what kind of tone you're contributing to the conversation. So while I think it starts at the top, with all of our leaders starting at the very top, I think each one of us bears a responsibility to be responsible in our conversations as well and not get caught up in contributing to this negative discourse that's going on out there, and it's easy to do if you you know, I mean, if you follow any social media, and unfortunately I have to consume more of it than I would like because of what I do. You know, some of these spaces are just so toxic and so nasty. It's just it's unbelievable. And you just want to think, like man, you want to think your fellow person is better than that. But if you spend too much time in social media, you start to wonder. But I tend to think that, you know, most of us want to try to get along, want to try to figure out the best solutions. And I think people who feel like that have to be more vocal in holding all of our leaders to account, not just the ones we don't like, but even the ones who are on our side, holding them more to account, to be more responsible.
Speaker 1: Well, that is very well said. Let me turn our attention to to local matters here now. And this is the first time you and I have talked since after the most recent election. And it was a day or so after the election. I asked Chris smithaman in the same question about a week or so ago, and it was a day or so after the election. There was some violence on Short Vine, a couple of different incidents there, and just a couple of days ago we had the Kroger up there in Coryville that had the windows shot out. We've got the issues going on with the Privy nightclub, and so I put a post out there and I asked Chris smitham in this, I said, I said, the voters of Cincinnati apparently won it this way because they have returned the exact same mayor, the exact same city council that really did not address crime in a serious way. They gave it some some lip service, you know, the ordinance that created a curfew that has so many holes in it you could drive a truck through it. And I asked Chris Smithman, I said, is that a fair comment that this is the way the voters of Cincinnati twenty nine point eight percent turnout? Just absolutely horrible when you talk about the turnout for the vote, but the people who vote in this town, the violent situation we have right now, I don't see why we have any any really concrete reason to believe that it's going to change. And apparently this is the way the voters want it. Is that a fair comment?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't think it's totally fair. I see how one would say that, right, because you elect pretty much all of the same council members, say, for one new one new gentleman who you know pretty much replaced Victoria Parks and was part of the Democratic ticket. There, I could see why one would say that. But here, here are a couple of things that I would say to look a little bit deeper at that. One, when we look at voter turnout, there's still a fraction of the people in Cincinnati who are registered to vote, who actually engage in the process of voting. And so I always hate that when I see that, because what it says is that there's a very small number or small percentage of residents of Cincinnati who pretty much decide how the rest of them live. You know, thirty percent of registered voters decide how the other seventy percent of the city is governed.
Speaker 2: And how they live.
Speaker 1: Now, that's a pitiful turnout for an important election like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, And so you know, one would say, well, you know, that's the fall of those who you know, who don't get out to vote, and and you know who knows why that's the case. Why you know that other seventy percent of so people don't don't show up to vote, and you know, you kind of get the government you deserve, as they say at that point, if you don't really engage in the process. The other thing I looked at was is that, you know, Cincinnati has been, you know, a blue city, and it seems to be getting deeper blue. And what I think really happened to some of the non Democratic candidates in this election is this was I think this election was as much a referendum on Trump and the national politics in Cincinnati and maybe in other parts of the country, then it says, hey, we're completely and totally okay with with the status quo. I mean, look, if you are if you live in Cincinnati and you're a blue city, and you know, I think I told you this before the election when you asked me if Corey Bowman, if I thought Corey Bowman had a chance to win, I told you no. And my percentages were probably pretty much right on.
Speaker 2: The money, right on the money on that one.
Speaker 1: I was I just hope I was holding out up a miracle might happen, but that it didn't work.
Speaker 3: Out that yeah, yeah, no. And and that's because I could kind of see coming what happened? And and I even wrote in my column afterwards that you know, and I wrote this to the mayor that he shouldn't mistake the landslide that he got as a love letter, because I think that if there had been and this would never happen, because the party is not going to run another Democrat against an incumbent unless there's you know, some rogue element of the party who just wanted to challenge him.
Speaker 5: But if but I think if he would have had.
Speaker 3: A a stronger, maybe democratic challenger or alternative, maybe a Democrat who was you know.
Speaker 2: A little bit more.
Speaker 3: You know, center left or something like that, with some different ideas and different approaches, he might have had a much harder time winning this election than he had against Corey Bowman in Cincinnati just wasn't going to elect a Republican, really any Republican, but particularly one that had such such close ties to JD. Vance and what is perceived as the Maga movement. I mean, you know, how many times did how many times did have to have say that in the debate that we hosted, did he bring up Maga, Maga Maggay.
Speaker 1: That was definitely part of the strategy well, Kevin Aldiens, We're gonna have to leave it right there because we're short on time, all right, But as always I appreciate the thoughtful commentary. All the best to you and your family for a great Thanksgiving and we will be talking again soon, I certainly hope. But all the best to you, Kevin Aldridge and this everyone at the Inquiry and keep up the great work. And thanks again for being part of the show tonight. I always appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Hey, thanks the Happy Thanksgiving to you and.
Speaker 2: All your listeners.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, Kevin Aldridge from the from the Cincinnati Enquirer nine six at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW. It is ten o eight.
Speaker 1: This is the Wednesday night edition of the Midweek Crisis on this Thanksgiving Eve. Glad to be here, Glad you are here as well. I'm Dan Carrol'll be here till midnight tonight and always great to welcome in.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite guests.
Speaker 1: That's my buddy Curtis house from NewsBusters dot org and Curtis, what does hey, what does Thanksgiving look like at the at the Curtis house household.
Speaker 5: Well, I just finished Thanksgiving with the in laws here well winded down. I'm finishing some the hot apple fighter here. Uh. We got a box of crayons that Denise's and nephew were playing with earlier, and we got to do a turkey trot in the morning. Dan the wife and I have to go run. So my wife was a d run track and cross country runner, so she wasn't gonna let me go Turkey Day without that. So so we got that to do.
Speaker 2: And I do not endvie you. I did not endvie you for that task.
Speaker 5: So I'll considering considering last year was about thirty five degrees and raining tomorrow thirty seven degrees in about fifty MinID hour winds. That's you know, that's Florida weather compared to what I dealt with the a year ago.
Speaker 1: That sounds like what we're going to have here for the for the big Turkey race tomorrow. But you've been busy today covering essentially from the moment this story broke in DC with a couple of National Guard members attacked in d C. Give give my listeners a flavor of the sort of coverage that has been coming from the CNNs and the MSNBC's and the cn C and ABC's of the World ever since his story broke.
Speaker 5: Well, the first thing I'll just say is, it is the Farragut West Metro station where the shooting took place. It's not a residential area, folks, look it up on Google Maps. It's right by the White House. It's right by Lafayette Park. Okay, if you've ever been to Washington, So it's very much a office park, office area. There might be some hotels, but not really a nightlife area. This isn't, like, you know, one of the areas that was a major focus of the President's surge of resources to cut down on crime, which makes it all the more tragic. But nonetheless, members of the National Guard have remained there since the summer, just making sure metro stations are safe. And I know for a fact personally just riding the metro to different events in Washington. It has been nice to just have a few of them overlooking the escalators, you know, at all times of the day. You know, this is what I'm thinking about. What I want to say here, Dan to you is this is another Charlie Kirk test. This was a very shocking, sudden story. The media's minds, we're not thinking about this kind of thing, not that you ever are, but you know, you know, a Dana news at this time of the year, in local news, the focus is travel, travel, travel, weather, weather, weather, right, and some football, And so this is the last thing that you're thinking about right now. And so what is your genuine reaction, you know, the thoughts and prayers, concern and how horrible this was another act of violence against people who defend our country and keep us safe. Or are you gonna do what MS now is Kendelanian did, which is kind of suggests that, you know, there's a lot of controversy in the United States with ice and you know, people wearing masks in uniforms. So there's a lot of Americans out there who object to that kind of thing. And so the shooting has happened. It's like, what what this was? At three o'clock Eastern time, just maybe twenty minutes after we first learned of the shooting, that's where this guy's mind went. We saw this on ABC News, we saw us on CBS, we saw this on CNN. People say, well, there's a lot of rhetoric in the country right now about immigration. There's a lot of you know, feelings about the president's immigration policies, even though we don't have any evidence. Of course, Dan, we're going to speculate anyway, because the cable news, if they've been watching it, speculation, they've.
Speaker 1: Been observing this from afar, not participating in it, just observing it, of course.
Speaker 5: Right, observing, Yes, neutral arbiters as they like to tell us, Dan.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's absolutely.
Speaker 1: But you know, I've I've been reading all the posts you put out on on your social media. I'm reading I've got the piece that you've got up on Newsbus right now on my computer, and it seems to me and you tell me if I'm wrong. But they operate from the baseline. Their baseline is when they when they cover an event like this or really any event that has to do with Trump, is that Trump is in the wrong. And in this case, he's in the wrong because he asked for National Guard members to be in our various cities in DC, yeah, in Portland, in Chicago. So this policy we all know. Their baseline is, we all know this policy is wrong, and the rest of our coverage is going to flow from that baseline.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if it weren't for you know, you guys are like triggering people out there that are unstable by surging law enforcement resources to high traffic areas. Like that logic is just so backwards. You know, it's the fault of the now National Guards. Then you know, it's the fall of the president that these National guardsmen were shot because he put them in a city that is opposed to them. Even though people are unders you know, non understanding or I don't be you know, crazy, people don't understand, as in a lot of liberals in Washington, that there's such a thing as a deterrent, you know that like putting these folks in in their uniform jackets. They're not there with their machine guns, they're not there with their tanks. They're just watching. They're very friendly. You know, they've been nothing but gracious. Other than maybe a fender bender incident. As far as I know, there hasn't been any problems with either the DC National Guard or any of the states that have deployed there. And so to suggest that, you know, while the President put them in this position and therefore it's the president's fault, just absolved the you know, this individual, this reported Afghan refugee, shout at Alu Lockbard. If any responsibility whatsoever. It absolves the Biden administration who allowed him into this country with very little vetting, any sort of responsibility. And if you're not doing that, you're like Andrew McCay on CNN who said, well, who knows, maybe these soldiers weren't properly trained, because you know, these guys aren't police officers. They don't up training how to respond to crazy people. Well, there's nothing really anybody can do if somebody comes up with a gun, you know, and maybe hits you from behind or shoots you from the middle of no or you don't expect someone to whip out a gun and shoot you in the head.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting phenomena that it's always the shooter who's the last one to get the blame in situations like this. And I'm looking at Bill Malusion. There's no one who's covered the border or immigration issues better than Bill Mallusion. And he says, this guy came in afghan national entered the United States and September of twenty twenty one as part of the Biden op rac allies welcome in the aftermath of the US withdrawal from Afghanistan. And then he writes, I'm told his permission to be in the US expired in September in this year, so technically he's in the country illegally, but that fact is very likely to not be included I think in the that will get from the major networks in this country.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: And the latest reporting about twenty minutes ago from NBCUS says that a suspects relative who served with him Afghanistan says the suspects has a wife and five children, but they haven't spoken to him in months and they don't know why he did this.
Speaker 6: Hm.
Speaker 5: Maybe if a guy goes a wall. Yeah, maybe something's going on here.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Well, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: We just gotta gotta pray for the National Guard members who are apparently clinging to life RelA of the circumstances.
Speaker 5: You know, there was a lot of confusion at one point with the governor. But either way, I mean, as the President said, I mean, I think this is why we have a commander in chief who doesn't mince words. Oh he called him an animal. Oh he said there's going to be hell to pay. Like yes, like of course, you know, like you want a president, you want someone to come out and lead with force. He's not jeopardizing any sort of investigation by talking about this. This guy is admitted to it. There's security camera footage of this. The guy was injured because he was taken down right away. I mean, the liberal media will continue to make excuses, as we've discussed here, but uh, you know, we'll stay on this one. But yet again, you have too many people that failed the Charlie Kirk test and show, and with their first instinct should have been compassion in this case, is looking to blame the victim. They're just doing the her skirt was too short, excuse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the good point.
Speaker 1: On another subject, I about a week or so ago, I saw I believe it was Rick Wilson, one of the founders of the uh the the Lincoln Project, and he was he was on whatever station he was on, and and he was he was laying out the narrative that Trump is mentally deficient, that he's mentally ill, that he he's not right in the head, that he that that he's a sick puppy. And I was I forget who I was talking to, but I said, this is this is the the next attack line for the for the Democrats and for the left in this country, and AOC was reciting these talking points yesterday. Here's AOC talking about this. Let's hear cut number five, Joe.
Speaker 6: To be honest, the president's remarks are I think indicate a level of instability. It's not just shocking, it's not just offensive. It's bizarre, it is it's erratic, it's volatile, and I think it indicates a mental state that we should all be questioning right now, whether that's emotional, mental, what have you. It is not normal to make these accusations.
Speaker 3: It is not normal to.
Speaker 6: Invoke these kinds of threats of violence. And it's also not normal to also dramatically misquote, as Carolyn Leavett was doing. What these members of Congress said.
Speaker 7: They made a.
Speaker 6: Very clear message to US service members, which is that you do not have to obey in illegal order. And I think that's an important message to reiterate because this administration seems to be increasingly trying to go down that path.
Speaker 1: So there you go, there's AOC, de facto leader of the Democrat Party taking the latest DNC talking points out for a walk that that Trump is mentally ill and the hand he's just not normal.
Speaker 2: So how much mileage. Will they get out of this narrative?
Speaker 5: Well, it seems like that's what they're going to do here. I mean, on the side note the service members saying is so pathetic. It's all it's so insinniary. We all know what they're doing. It's a linkuick, nudge, nudge, you know. We it's amazing when these people are actually asked. So what is in illegal order that the president has given a lot I don't know, men a fake movie. But you know, notice how it's all coordinated. Right now, Dan, you have the AOC saying that the New York Times put out a story that was thousands of words long that the President was going off about on true social going after Katie Rogers today about his cognitive state, you know, and axios is. Alex Thompson was talking about this is real concern now and the great Redski Stephen L. Miller put out on the X that you know, it's remarkable, this is so predictable.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: Now they're looking at themselves in the mirror saying, I'm not going to miss the story, you know, because that was the line that Alex Thompson said about all these subst we just missed the story. We just didn't get it right. We just didn't, you know, cover it with Joe Biden. But we're going to get it this time.
Speaker 2: Just missed it, okay, guy, you were.
Speaker 5: But don't worry, guys, We're not just a wheel this time. Give me a break. I mean, Scott Jennings made a great point his book is out talking about this, that he spends his time with the president. The president is fully in control, you know. I mean that's the thing. You know, when a decision is made by this administration, the president has made that decision, not Jake Sullivan or you know, Jeff Science or Kareem John Pierre or who else you know fill in the blank from the last regime. You know, the president has made that decision. But he doesn't just go into them. He asks a lot of questions. He presses, and you know, some might say pits people against each other, but that's kind of how it works, you know, versus the faculty lounge approach of Barack Obama, where he'd sit around and not be able to make a decision forever because he just enjoyed the idea of think about stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, Curtis out, we've got about two minutes left here. But uh, I and I almost pulled off the sound bite of Joy Reid and she's on this podcast with these two women. Uh, what is the deal with these two women that that are doing you? I don't I don't even know what it's called. We had It, I think is the name of the podcast. And uh and and I on my social media, I see this gal's picture and stuff that she's posting all the time. Why is she the hottest thing in social media and podcasting right now? Because he takes are idiotic devoid of any substance whatsoever. It's just it's just stuff she makes up off the top of her head. And I guess it's okay now. According to Joy Read, to attack other minorities like JD Vance's wife and uh and and and make fun of her heritage and her skin color, well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to say that there's no way that jd as there's any chance in twenty twenty eight because Maga doesn't like brown people, you know. And to say that as Joy Reid did in these two crazy which is that that you know, it would be a Maga dream if shad Vance would divorce Usha Vance Kickers of the Curve in favor of Erica Kirk. I mean it's disgusting material. I mean, these these women Jennifer Welsh and Andie Sullivan with a weird niitty pump personify there the embodiment of liberal, white rich women who dominate the Democratic Party and are just devoid as any joy and enthusiasm in their life. These people are the quintessential you know, middle school bullies who are hiding behind a damn breaking level of insecurities. You know, they're leveling all these conspiracy theories. They say Trump's mental state, right Dan is the greatest media scandal ever. It's the greatest media cover up of all time. Excuse me, you know, and they say all kinds of things like this. I have a piece of news pumpings and I have one coming out tomorrow about more than they said over an entire hour podcast, and.
Speaker 8: Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: One of they have they seen what's going on in Minnesota lately? I mean, come on, you want to tell you want to talk about huge scandals. It's unbelievable. But Curtis help will have to leave it right there for now, because the time always flies by whenever you're on my friend. As always, I appreciate the time. Thanks so much for answering the call when whenever I ask to have you on you you do such great work. And tell everyone over at NewsBusters I said, keep up the great work. And again, thank you for your time. And I hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving.
Speaker 5: Absolutely happy Thanksgiving to you as well, Dan and everybody at w LW. You guys are one of the best.
Speaker 2: Go Bengals, Go Bengals.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens tomorrow night. Curtis here the best man. We'll talk to you again soon. Seven hundred WLW pright back on the Big one. Seven hundred WLW ten thirty seven phone lines are open for the first time tonight five one, three, seven, nine seven.
Speaker 2: One Big one.
Speaker 1: A couple of things I want to touch on before we get into another topic. I read the post today from the Hamilton Township Police Chief Scott Hughes that Officer Megan Graham passed away thirty one years old, had had a battle with cancer. And I can tell you that police department is feeling that loss very very deeply. And Chief Scott Hughes texted me earlier today and or we texted each other and he said she was she was far too young but recently married. Just a great professionalism, great courage. And so if you want to say an extra prayer tonight, saying one for everyone at the Hamilton Township Police and for Officer Megan Graham, that would be a good thing to do. I also might want to say a prayer for the one time Sheriff of Clairemont County. Tim Rodenberg. Been reading about his difficulties lately. He was in court Monday, been twenty.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 1: Sheriff for twenty years in Claremont County. Before that, an assistant Clairemont County prosecutor, I worked with Tim, known him for a long time. At one point he was my go to guy for legal and law enforcement issues on this show. But I also know that he has had some chronic health issues for several years and ongoing, and I would not be surprised. I don't know this, but I would not be surprised if that had something to do with the incident that was reported on November eighteenth. According to the police report, shortly before seven thirty pm, Rodenberg was driving a Chrysler Pacific, a mini van on US fifteen near Walton Creek Road when he failed to maintain a safe distance for another vehicle and rear ended it, and then he allegedly fled the scene later located in Indian Hill on much more Road, and he was arrested transported the Jewish hospital. Has apparently given up his driver's license. So I'm going to say a little prayer for Tim Rodenberg tonight and hope that he gets things squared away. So all the best to him. Known to him for a long time and like him very much much another story. I thought I thought I was going to spend a lot of time, not a lot of time, but obviously sometime during the course of the show tonight talking about this. Of course, we've been talking about mostly for the first hour of the show after UC basketball after a terrible loss by UC basketball, Tonight spent the first hour of the show talking about what happened in DC today with a couple members of the National Guard out of West Virginia coming under attack by some dude from Afghanistan who may have come to the country legally initially under the Biden administration, but that legal protection ran out now in the country. According to Bill Mlusion the Fox News Now in the country illegally, and according to reports from the scene, this guy was yelling out lockbar when he shot and attacked these two members of the National Guard. So you've been spending time covering that breaking news. But there was more news during the day today and Fulton County District Attorney Fanny Willis the case that she brought against Donald Trump has officially come to an end. Jude Scott McAfee agreed to dismiss the racketeering case on Wednesday, when the prosecutor who inherited Willis's troubled effort to urged him to take it off life support. The political persecution of President Trump by disqualified DA Fanny Willis is finally over. Trump's lead defense counsel, Steve Sato said in a statement, this case should have never been brought. A fair and impartial prosecutor has put an end to this law fair Prosecuting Attorney's Council of Georgia executive director Peter Sidocalus, who was tasked with finding Willis's replacement after she was disqualified from prosecuting the case, took over November fourteenth, after failing to find another attorney willing to do it. So no one wanted this case, and so this news prosecutor comes in, takes it, and that's the end of it. And the judge agreed to dismiss it. And if you listen to this show and the legal analysts that I provide on this show, then you know that this case and all these lawfare cases were on the flimsiest legal ground you could have ever imagined. And we've seen over the course of all of these cases, one by one they all fell apart, not because of any great and brilliant lawyer strategies on the part of the lawyers who are defending Trump, but because the cases were bogus to begin with, they complete frauds, and yet they were allowed to continue. And the Democrats and the left sought to get as much political mileage out of these things as they possibly could. And now we have for them the law of unintended quants consequences. Trump has been president since January twentieth, so we are now what eleven months into his presidency, and we've got three years and a month ago how we look it. And you gotta love that the Department of War is now going to investigate Senator Mark Kelly that may lead to a court martial, serious allegations of misconduct. Kelly, who was a retired Navy captain facing accusations of accusations of sedition from President Trump. He was part of that video that I played at last week. The Democrats put out telling telling people, telling people in the military, telling people in the clandestine services. Yeah, you don't have to follow any illegal orders from this guy. But yet none of them can come up. And they've been asked repeatedly, can you give me one illegal order?
Speaker 2: And it's all this.
Speaker 1: And Curtis House was talking about this when I had him on the interview, and it reminded me of when James Comy was just walking on the beach and he found this interesting shell formation right eighty six forty seven. Oh, look at that. Isn't that These shells just happened to be aligned like that. Didn't have any no, no motive for it. Couldn't understand why anyone would get upset about that. And then you got these Democrats, senators and these lawmakers who are putting this video out.
Speaker 9: Ah.
Speaker 1: Now, we were just just a little refresher on on the law on the Uniform Code of Military Justice, just letting these people know, Hey, illegal orders. No, you don't have to. Did this guy Trump he's giving you orders?
Speaker 2: No, you are you?
Speaker 1: You are right to question these orders. Everyone knows that's exactly what they are up to. And now Kelly's going to be investigated, which he should. I think they should all be investigated. And then Pete Hegseth and got into a little back and forth with because heg Seth called them the Sedition six. And so this guy Kelly puts out a picture of him with all these medals on his chest. Pete hegg Seth had a look at that, and he says, not only did your Sedition video intentionally undercut good order and discipline, but you can't even display your uniform correctly. Your medals are out of order and rose reversed. When and if you're called recalled active duty, I'll start with a uniform inspection. So I give Pete Hegseeth the upper hand on that one. Ken from Mason, I hope you you and your family are going to have a great Thanksgiving, you.
Speaker 8: Too, Dan, I hope your family has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: And and I want to talk locally. First, your guest, Kevin Aldridge, you had on ruler today. He clearly is obviously a Democrat. His statements, well.
Speaker 1: We you know what we don't. We don't see a lot of the issues the same way. But I like Kevin Kevin Aldrichhan. He presents a different viewpoint. I think he expresses himself quite well. I was at a little bit of a disadvantage tonight because of the postgame cut in into about ten minutes worth of our time, so I didn't really have time to argue with him on some of the different points that he was making. But I still enjoy his perspective anyway.
Speaker 8: But go ahead that the election, as you said, was less than you know, thirty two percent of the total.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 8: That's so sad. They had a Channel nine had done a thing dan where they talked about thirty five people. Not one of them knew who they voted for. Now one individual knew who they voted for. They were all being given placards on who to vote for, and they just followed that.
Speaker 2: They couldn't That sounds about right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they couldn't say who they voted for. It was just they were voting Democrat, no matter.
Speaker 1: What, Yeah, vote for these vote for these these eight names or these nine names. Yeah, and that's what they did.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I had no idea. You know, Bowman never had a chance in hell of winning that election. You know, in the city has been made to look so bad, so inept, so ineffective. Yet these people they just keep winning that and a lot of our major cities in the United States. And these people keep voting to be treated like crap. They keep voting to let people just abuse them. You know, it's always amazed me. They they cry out constantly about what they don't have and what they have their hands on. They want more, and they refuse to accept the fact it's Democratic lawmakers that have put them in this plight they suffer from. Well, it's not the Republicans. And you know, Aldridge made comments about, you know, demeaning Trump and he referred to Maggie like in a negative term. I don't understand how make America Great Again is anything but a fantastic slogan.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's a great slogan.
Speaker 1: But that was the whole notion of connecting Bowman too to the Vice President J. D. E. Vance, because they're I guess they're step brothers or half brothers. I don't know exactly what the relationship is, but I've got a step brother. I call them my brother, and and and and that's the way I think a lot of people, a lot of families deal with that issue. But yeah, making that connection and trying to create this narrative that this was going to be the conduit to getting the mega agenda in the city of Cincinnati. People hear that, and that's that's something easy to latch onto and easy to make people afraid of. And so that that strategy. I don't know how hard they hit that. And I'll be honest with you, I didn't pay attention to all the daily comings and goings of that election. But the pieces and parts that I did see and that I did pay attention to, I knew that was a main thrust of their campaign was to create that that whole, that whole narrative that hey, if this guy gets in here, he's bringing the whole mega team with him, and yeah, make America great again. That is not a bad thing, you know what. You know what a bad thing is, Ken from Mason A bad to to me. A bad thing is when Bernie Sanders the day after the election in New York City, and you got Zoron Mondanni gets elected, and he's a he's a communist, he's a he's a socialist. And Bernie Sanders says, we need to take this Mandannie model and and and bring this all across America. And Bernie Sanders is not saying that because it's something that's good for America. He's not saying that because it's wholesome or uplifting or anything that is going to benefit the American people. The only reason he's saying that is because this is what gets democrats in power. And that is his that is his that is his ultimate goal. That's his mountaintop having having democrats in power, and the rest of it be damned. It doesn't matter how you get him there, just get him in power.
Speaker 8: Well, Dan he the Democrats are successfully brainwashing millions and millions and millions of people that Trump. Everything Trump says is a lie. Every single word he says is lie, and every single thing he does is to for his own benefit, not of America's benefit. And yet if you will look at the facts and look at the truth, the man is talking nothing but common sense. And the man truly loves America, and the man the economy is going to start exploding in April and May. There will be so many jobs, so many car factories in this country. Everything is going to be turned upside down. In America is going to start thriving again. This economy is going to start booming. And God knows that Democrats will have one lie on top of another. They're brainwashing people. There's a large swath of African American people that believe Trump is a bad man, that he's evil, he's poison, he said. Donald Trump has won the highest honor from the NAACP twice. People don't even realize that in the last forty years he's won wards that very very few African or white people ever win. You know, Donald Trump is one of their greatest friends, if they'd want to be honest and be truthful. But the Democrats, you know, starting with elano'mar in Minnesota, Talida Rashiva Michigan, AOC in New York, this idiot young lady in Seattle, these people are communists. They want power. People need to wake up. They're listening to your show, Dan every week. They need to wake up. These people want to take power away from you. They want to take everything from you.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, if we had, if we had a legitimate news media in this country, then the vast majority of people would know that. It is amazing to me how many people still get their news from George Stephanopolis at CBS and all the rest of them ABC and NBC and MSNB and I guess it's called ms now and CNN. The vast majority of American people still get their news from those sources, PBS and so. Know, there's a lot of shows like mine, well you know the host is uh at least uh at least leans to the right and conservative talk radio. Even though they you know, those shows are on in abundance, the vast majority of the American people still get their news from those those sources, those few sources, and it's a it's not good. And because they they simply refused. And if you listen to Curtis Halk earlier tonight, and he was talking about the news coverage that came out during the you know, the breaking news today with these these National Guard members they got gunned down in in d c. Their their baseline is is that Trump shouldn't have had him out there to begin with. And and they all they all have that that's their starting point on the coverage that Trump was wrong.
Speaker 2: And here's what happened.
Speaker 8: Well under Murio Bowser's leadership, the mayor of d C, who's not running for reelection, she had turned Washington, d C. Into a hellhole. It was dangerous. Everywhere you walk, you couldn't walk, you know, without being worried about getting run over shot. And they're changing that city dramatically and cleaning up all the homeless crap and the graffiti and everything else associated with what Democrats do. This is what they're doing across the United States, and they're destroying the major cities. They're destroying Chicago, They're destroying l A, They're destroying Baltimore. They're destroying these cities. You know, in the city of Baltimore, they don't have one kid that's had eighth grade proficiency.
Speaker 2: In Man for English. The schools are they're terrible there.
Speaker 1: They're terrible in Chicago, and uh and you know, and and the and you know those are cities where the mayor has a lot of control over the over those schools. But Ken and Mason, we got to run late for news. But uh, as always, Man, I appreciate you picking up the phone, and you and your family have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow.
Speaker 8: Happy Thanksgiving to you, Danny and your family.
Speaker 1: There you go, Ken from Mason with that. We got to get We got to get to the news at seven hundred Wlwright, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: It's eleven o nine.
Speaker 1: This is the Wednesday night edition of the Midweek Crisis. I'm Dan Carroll five one, three seven, the big one. If you want to get on board, Mark and Monroe, what's going on tonight?
Speaker 2: Thanks for holding on man, Hey Dan, how are you doing it? I'm good. I appreciate the call and happy Thanksgiving.
Speaker 10: Well, same to you, Bud. Here's my theory, and this is in regard to Mark Kelly. I think his comment about not obeying illegal orders was not only directed to the military, but I think and hope in hopes that he was also hoping he would hope that it would be picked up by so called civilians and hope you know that the Luce Keenan's once they hear that, they would think that, well, if it's good for the military, it must be good enough for us to take the same initiative. So if he can get the military to, you know, disobey, I think there's a springboard for a lot of nutjobs out there to go, well, you know, if that's the way they feel about the military, why not take the same initiatiff on their.
Speaker 4: End of it.
Speaker 1: Well, and I you know, as I've seen so many of these individuals that were in the video being interviewed, and they all want to play dumb on this. They all want to play you ask him. Scott Jennings on CNN was asking the question of one of the panelists on there, saying, what were you trying to? You know, what were you trying? What what were you trying? What was the message you were trying to get across here? And the message is is that Trump is doing something that he shouldn't be doing. But yet they can't point to a single example of something that he has done that is illegal or against the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So they know they know what, they know what they're doing, but yet they want to play. They want to play like all, we're totally innocent here and no need to investigate us. Just trying to you know, create this this notion because it's people here. They they want people to hear certain things. They want people to hear illegal orders that you don't have to follow them that the you know that that our democracy is in danger, those are those are the things they want them to hear. And if that, if that's the message you get to cross, then they've accomplished their mission.
Speaker 10: Let me ask you this, uh, based times what I would refer to as the power suggest You know, they can wease a lot of everything. We all know how the media and all that sublibin messages go across the board there. But like I said, if you got other ears out there that are hearing this, uh, like I said, power suggesting, and they had instgates or initiates them to come to the forefront and and all the people that you know, the brass like Kelly, they can get off the hook. But they've already put the the idea out out there.
Speaker 1: So if they yeah, I mean no, you're you're I think you're one hundred percent right they are. They are likely not to face any serious consequences for doing this. But in the meantime, and then what what I'm glad about. If Pete hagg Sath and Cash Betel and the Attorney General can make their life a living hell, then I'm good with that. Even if even if they might not face any any meaningful consequences of doing such a thing.
Speaker 10: Well that that's necessary. Otherwise you're going to have, you know, you're going to open the flookies anarchy. Unless unless there's some sort of convictions, not just indictments against these people.
Speaker 1: Well and then and look, and they've got they've still got their friends in the media who are going to try and create the idea that somehow Pete hegg Seth isn't the wrong for pursuing this, that if if any, if any legal action is brought because of this, well then somehow it's going to be the Trump administration that is being heavy handed or doing something that shouldn't be done. And and that's that's the way they're going to play it. Mark, I appreciate the phone call. Uh, let's go to Amelia and talk to Jim. Then we got David Dayton, Jim seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 9: Hey, Dan, I want to don't want to play checkers ready, but when I heard about those two people got got killed West Virginia National Guard people got killed, well, I am the governor.
Speaker 1: The governor of West Virginia said a couple of hours after it happened, that he that he he said that they had been killed. He has taken that back and he has and he has said he was getting some some conflicting information on that, so he might have been mistaken. As of now, we do not know if if those individuals had been killed as a result of that attack. So the latest information we have on that is that is that they are still alive.
Speaker 9: The two the two the two soldiers are still alive. Yes, let's thank god for that because yes.
Speaker 1: No, it was reported earlier that they that they had died, but that reporting was an air all right.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm just saying that if it were true, like you know, God is dead and the war's begun. Because this stuff is getting out of hand, and I'm getting very angry, and I I my Thanksgiving is a ruin because of these reports of this stuff in the Capitol.
Speaker 1: Well it's a terrible thing, sure, and look, uh we're probably all feeling a lot of the same things. I'm angry about this. I feel helpless to do anything. I look at the reporting that is being done on this, that is coming from the national media. And that's why I had my buddy Curtis Halkon because he's been following this all day.
Speaker 2: And okay, and you know, and they.
Speaker 1: And they start from their starting point is that Trump is doing something wrong and shouldn't have had these people in harm's way.
Speaker 2: And so it's somehow it's his fault that this took place.
Speaker 9: So so the people that are taking care of this shootero, We're going to waste our our our blood to say this, dude, I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: Well uh yeah, well he's a yeah, he's a perpetrator and and and that's how we we deal even though they may have committed a hana's crime. Well, we don't let people just suffer and die in the hospital. David Dayton, what's going on tonight?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Dan, it's been a minute, and I want to wish you and your family happy things.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dave. I appreciate that, and the and the same to you and yours.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you very much. Of First, I'm a hoop chunky. You know, I'll get to the National Guard units, but I want to just I'm I'm a eight flyer fan and season ticket holder, but I'm a hoops chunkie in general. So I want all you know, ships her eyes Xavier, U.
Speaker 2: See and do and then lose Michigan.
Speaker 4: Losing to the dregs of the MAC, and I'm a Miami grad and they could have lost to Miami would have been a debacle as well.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 4: That that is completely unacceptable. To lose to Eastern Michigan is a complete joke. And God helped West Miller with the Big twelve schedule this year. If you lose to a lower MAC team at home and they just got their brains beat in by Louisville by thirty one points two days ago, and you get your you know, blown, it's ridiculous and it's just a.
Speaker 2: Shame that pack Kelsey.
Speaker 4: So I'm also a hoops.
Speaker 2: Coach and I've all said, I've always said that.
Speaker 4: Over and you you back up the Brinks truck to bring Pat Kelsey home to coach the Ucy Bearcat because he is.
Speaker 2: One hell of a coach. I like him all.
Speaker 4: So onto the National you know, really, you know, piss off about the National Guard shootings. I was eleven year National Guard and you well, I thank you. I appreciate that, but it's no different than if you put on the uniform and we're giving a weapon to go out there and defend because you know, I'll pull back the curtain on the National Guard. I mean, I served eleven years, but you know, these are white collar and blue collar people that have families and we you know, I get a weapon with live rounds in it for one hour a year going down to Fort Knox to do our range qualifying and and you're we're not We're not the regular warriors like the Marines or anything like that. When you're a National Guard where where your mom and dad and you know you but you put the uniform on and all of a sudden, it's like putting if you you know, if you put a copy uniform on or a state higher patrol. Now you're the target.
Speaker 2: Of people who hate, you know.
Speaker 4: The military or hate enforcement. And it's just a damn shame. You know that, you know, someone some idiot that probably as a record and don't belong in this country may have well they've definitely altered their lives forever. But hopefully they you know, pray for Lee they I pray that they make it. But but yeah, it's it's it's not Trump's fault.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 4: Uh Trump derangement syndrome again, probably manifested in the shooting.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I mean, we will see. I think we'll get some more information on this dude tomorrow. But according to what Bill Malusian said, the guy is from Afghanistan, came in under the Biden administration in September I believe it was twenty one, and that you know that legal status expired in September of this year, and so he technically in the country illegally. So what motivated him to do this, We'll have to wait and see. Initial reports are was that he was not cooperating with the you know, whether it's federal or state or local police investigators.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll find out more about this guy tomorrow, but based on what we see already, it looks like the dude is here illegally and was yelling alu wakbar when when the gunfire was taking place, So that that that is not good and I belie leave the government right now is looking.
Speaker 2: At this as a terrorist attack.
Speaker 4: Well, I pray they they pull through. And it's just a shame when whatever uniform is targeted for just having a uniform on, just like that police officer run down just because the guy who's angry with cops because of this kid yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I was thinking about that, or I was thinking about that earlier today was I sort of have that same feeling right now because I'm angry that this happened. I feel helpless that I couldn't do anything about it. And this guy, Look, the National Guard is not the one that is. And again there's this whole leftist narrative out there that you've got federal agents who are wearing masks, who are going into places of business taking people away. People who are actually American citizens don't have any business being rounded up as the illegal aliens. They haven't committed any crime and all that kind of stuff. So they want to create this whole narrative that these are the people that are paying the price for this policy that the Trump administration has. And so it's someone who who was in uniform simply following orders, doing what they were told to do. That doesn't have anything to do with that. And if they have anything to do with that, it's because they are in a role to help protect the federal agents who are carrying out that policy. And so when we have a sheriff's deputy in the city of Cincinnati who's working a traffic detail at the UC's graduation gets run over by a guy whose son was who pointed, you know, whose son pointed a gun out a Cincinnati police officer, and that police officer had to unfortunately end his life. He goes out and attacks someone who had absolutely nothing to do with it. And so I'm sort of feeling that same sort of emotion of anger and helplessness. And and you know, you have that that case of mistaken identity there, because the person who attacked the sheriff's deputy, I think was wrong in attacking that sheriff's deputy, but somehow he feels justified. And so, you know, the person who attacked these guardsmen, it really didn't have any business attacking those guardsmen, but somehow, I guess he'd probably feels justified that he was, you know, striking a blow for for illegal immigrants.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: Any when he looked at those National guardsmen as cold blooded killers like marines and stuff. And I realized that when I took off my coat and tie it with my white collar job and threw on the uniform, that now I was transformed into a target. And and you're, you know, literally it's almost window dressing ts A you know, it's feel good window dressing so that we look like we're, you know, having some force. We're trying to do our due diligence. But you know, those poor people that were shot were We're regular Joe's that you know work worked there nine to five Monday through Friday, and but they got called the duty. And that's a risky take. And you know, maybe with this happening that you know, Trump maybe switches some put some active duty guys in there. I'm not blaming him, but maybe have people who wear the uniform daily and that are being trained a little more often too. If they're going to have weapons with live rounds in them too.
Speaker 1: Well, and we'll see, you know, we'll see what the the We'll see what happens with the policy. But Dave, we got to run. I got to get to a break. And I appreciate the phone call tonight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks staying I was talking to you, think.
Speaker 1: David Dayton, I appreciate that. But everyone that I've heard that is in DC, people who worked there, they talk about with the presence of National Guard members on the street has transformed that city into a place that was very uncomfortable to walk around a lot of violence going on, a lot of random bad stuff, and with those National Guard members in uniform on the streets, a lot of that has come to an end. Eleven twenty five, seven hundred WLW SO last weak, President Trump announced his intent determinate temporary protected status for Somali's. He put out a social media post, but the status has not been legally ended or officially ended yet. That has to go through the Department of Homeland Security, and Christy Noams said the Department would follow the prompt her legal process to evaluate temporary protective status for Somalia or Somali ends, but it would not be limited to just Minnesota and so ilhan Omar heard about that, and she's not happy about that at all.
Speaker 10: Cut number seven, Somali's are not terrorizing this nation.
Speaker 2: You are helping it fly. Oh, helping it fly.
Speaker 6: I have always seen as a fabric, has seen themselves as a fabric.
Speaker 1: All right, that's enough turn that off. That's enough for her, always seeing themselves as the fabric helping America fly well. City Journal Christopher Rufo and Ryan Thorpe did a deep dive into what's happening in Minnesota, and they write Minnesota's drowning and fraud Billions and taxpayer dollars have been stolen during the administration of Governor Tim Walls alone. Democrat state officials overseeing one of the most generous welfare regimes in the country are asleep at the switch, and the media refuses to connect the dots. In many cases, the fraud has been perpetrated by members of Minnesota's sizable Somali community. Federal counter terrorism sources confirm that millions of dollars in stolen funds have been sent back to Somalia, where they ultimately land in the hands of terror groups Al Shabab. As one confidential source put it, the largest funder of al Shabab is the Minnesota taxpayer. Their investigation shows what happens when a tribal mindset meets a bleeding heart bureaucracy, When imported clam loyalties collide with a political class too timid to offend, and when accusations of racism are cynically deployed to shield criminal behavior, the predictable result is graft, with taxpayers left to foot the bill. If you were to design a welfare program to facilitate fraud, it would probably look a lot like Minnesota's Medical Housing Stabilization Service program. The Health and Human Services program, first of its kind in the country, was launched with a noble goal to help seniors, addicts and disabled, and the mentally ill secure housing. It was designed with low barriers to entry and minimal requirements for reimbursement. Nonetheless, before the program went live in twenty twenty, officials pegged its annual estimated price tag at two point six million. Costs quickly spiraled out of control. In twenty twenty one, the program paid out more than twenty one million in claims. In the following years, annual costs shot up to forty two million, then seventy four million, then a hun hundred and four million dollars. During the first six months of twenty twenty five, payouts totaled sixty one million. In August, Minnesota's Department of Human Services moved a scrap the HSS program, noting that the payment to seventy seven housing stabilization providers had been terminated due to credible allegations of fraud. Joe Thompson, then the acting US Attorney for the District of Minnesota, stated that the vast majority of the program was fraudulent, and it goes on and on and on. So that's just one program. And there's another one that fraud the frauds Medicare and Medicaid. There's another one that where you have called Feeding Our Future founded in twenty sixteen, and Feeding Our Future, a small Minnesota nonprofit, sponsored daycares and after school programs to enroll in the federal child nutrition program. The organizations that Feeding Our Children are Feeding our Future sponsored were primarily owned and operated by members of Minnesota's Somali community. In twenty nineteen, Feeding Our Future received three point four million in federal funding dispersed by the state. In the months after the COVID nineteen pandemic, which I call the WUHUNT, the nonprofit rapidly increased its number of sponsored sites. Using fake meal counts, doctored attendance records fabricated invoices. The perpetrators of the fraud ring claimed to be serving thousands of meals a day, seven days a week to underprivileged kids. In twenty twenty one, Feeding Our Future received nearly two hundred million in funding. And so you've got that going on. Then you've got the other scam where You've got all these kids claiming autism, and they take these kids around to different clinics, and these clinics get all this federal funding and it's all completely bogus. And ilaan Omar has the nerve to sit up there and say, they say that the Somali's are the fabric of the country. Do they cheat and steal in the fraud the government in Somalia like they do here in the United States, I wonder? And so she's upset that Trump may take action on this. According to her, we're just supposed to sit there and let all this fraud take place.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not just me making this up. And it's gotten to the point where.
Speaker 1: Even local news in Minneapolis has caught on to all of this. This is a montage of different stations in Minnesota that thankfully are starting to cover this story.
Speaker 2: Joe Let's hear cutt number six.
Speaker 11: Look at this graph showing the explosion in this program. This is the amount of money the state is paid in Medicaid claims to autism treatment providers using your tax dollars. You can see in twenty seventeen, not that much, just more than a million dollars. But you see the gradual growth here in twenty twenty one more than eighty million dollars. But look at last year, more than two hundred and twenty million dollars paid out in claims, with a grand total of jaeshi of seven hundred million dollars. This is what state investigators are now looking at, these soaring costs in questioning how many providers are doing real.
Speaker 12: Workington Federal prosecutors say Minnesota is grappling with one of the biggest welfare fraud waves in US history, and now counter terrorism officials warned some of that money as likely ending up in the pockets of al Shabab and now Kitlnked terror group operating out of Somalia, So the biggest funder of out right.
Speaker 1: Enough so you get the idea. It's gotten to the point where even local stations are having to cover this now. Congressman Tim Burchett, I'm really starting to like this guy. Was asked about this, about what's going on with Minnesota and these folks who are stealing all this money, and here's what he had to say about it. Let's hear cut number nine.
Speaker 13: Please to think that somebody is using that situation to rip off the system, to me, is unbelievable. We need to get a hold of these people that are doing this. We need to within the law, of course, but we need to seize their assets. We need to mark them, no, not physically mark them, but know who they are so that they will never ever be able to get back in our country again, and deport their assets fast as possible. Then is to root out who in our government allowed this to happen. That's the problem we have with the conservative movement. We get a hold of these the person at the tip of the spear, and then we don't go down to the base. And that's where the problem is, the real problem, because they've allowed this to happen. They've been paid off, or they've got they're so deep in whatever department it is that they are. There's some gun that they are able to just move around to another another area and that needs to stop.
Speaker 1: So there's Tim Burchet, and he's right. We find out about these things, we have hearings, investigations, and then nothing ever happens. Speaker of the House Mike Johnson said the facts of this story are truly discussed. Millions in stolen Minnesota welfare dollars have been funneled to Al Shabab and ISIS aligned terror group. It happened because Democrats build a system so loose, so corrupt, so politically timid, that fraudster has exploited it to bankroll terrorists abroad. This is a national security problem. But Ilha and Omar says that, oh, look we're the fabric of the country. Yeah, we Somali's so you know, we look, we make this country fly. Now you're fraudsters. I mean, the fraud and the corruption is absolutely breadtaking. And so much of this was set up under the Biden administration. John Kennedy from Louisiana was talking about this during the hearing last week, talking about the money that was being shoveled out the door under the Biden administration. Let's hear this cutting number eight.
Speaker 7: It's rare that I'm speechless, but I want to be sure I understood. The people running the Department of Energy for President Biden's administration shoveled ninety three billion dollars, not million, ninety three billion dollars out the door in seventy six days. And it just happened to be the time between when President Trump was elected in President Biden their boss was leaving.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 11: It is correct and distasteful confidence undermining.
Speaker 7: So you're telling me that the Department of Energy in the seventy six day period before their boss was going to leave office gave our loan money to institutes that had no business plan, correct, no financials?
Speaker 2: Correct? My god.
Speaker 1: So there you go. There's Kennedy spelling it out. And what do you think is going to happen when all this stuff gets investigated? Is anyone going to be held accountable? Is anyone going to have to pay the price for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You like to think that at some point that the times are going to change and that this kind of stuff, that this is the kind of stuff that needs to be done away with. It needs to be cut out once and for all. We are thirty eight trillion dollars in debt. How do you deal with that? And the money just keeps on. There's so much of it. I mean, just you can you can all this stuff about Minnesota, you can find it on your own. It is beyond breathtaking, just how just how bad it is. So, you know, I thinking about Thanksgiving is just a few minutes away. It'll be midnight and in about seven minutes from now, and we'll have Thanksgiving at twenty twenty five. Of course, it's going to have this dark cloud over it during the course of the day ahead, and we have to pray for these members of the National Guard who were attacked in DC. Pray for Hamilton Township Police, my buddy Tim Rodenberg. So that's kind of things I'll be thinking about tomorrow, and then i'll be back on Friday. And I got a whole bunch more stuff that I wanted to talk about today, but it didn't really get a chance to get into that much. So Joe Waddell, thank you for being here. Appreciate everything you do. Joe Waddell running the big board there in the seven hundred WLW Command Center, and I'm out of here. Have a great Thanksgiving. We'll see you on Friday, and let's go Bengals tomorrow night. I'm not holding my breath on seven hundred WLW.