Speaker 1: Welcome to the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW on Monday evening October twenty seven, twenty twenty five. Jeff Gilson will be here. Among his many attributes was a speech writer for the late great Margaret Thatcher, remember the Prime Minister of Great Britain that everyone called the Iron Lady. Good friends with Ronald Reagan, Michael Finch, who is the president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, with a brand new book called A Time to Stand to Preserve American culture and history and keep us Great, Joshua Philip from the Epoch Times, Brian Reesinger from Land Rich, Cash Poor, and on what China's trying to do to American farmers, and also the wild Man. Before we're done, but we start tonight with Joseph Solomon, who was literally rolling on the river as we speak, and we're going to find out about his latest tales from his journey, his kayak journey, which will amount to some six thousand miles by the time he's finished next year. He set out from Cincinnati on September first on his kayak and is now in Mississippi. I believe. Let's get an update from Joseph Solomon.
Speaker 2: Joe how are you doing, man, I'm pretty good in yourself.
Speaker 1: I'm doing fine. And to spit all that stuff out just so we could get to the good stuff you We talked to you on September first, as you were just setting sail on your kayak out of Cincinnati. And again for folks who did not hear that interview, Joseph, what is your ultimate goal and when will you get there?
Speaker 2: My ultimate goal is to be able to paddle back to Cincinnati after going around that's the be Florida and up into New York, cutting through the Great Lakes and coming down the Illinois River back to the Mississippi, and once I get to the Ohio confluence, I'll attempt to paddle back up the Ohio River.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: How much difficulty is that paddling up the Ohio as as opposed to paddling down.
Speaker 2: Well, paddling down's probably more difficult than paddling up because the winds come from the southwest every day, So getting down the river, you've got winds in your faith all day long. Going back up, I've got a sail on my kayak. I can actually sail back up the Ohio River instead of having to paddle, so hard.
Speaker 1: What is the what is the longest trip you've made on a kayak to this point, I mean, before you started this, what was the lengthiest trip you made in your kayak?
Speaker 2: Joe, I did back in twenty twenty one. I did the entire Mississippi River from source to Vicksburg, Mississippi, and then a Hurricane Heida came through and kind of decimated the rest of my routes. The following year, I've paddled from downtown Cincinnati all the way to the Gulf of Mexico.
Speaker 1: Wow, but that's nothing like paddling through the inner coastal and then going back up of the Eastern seaboard. That just seems really, really daunting. At any point. How close are you to the ocean at any point on your voyage?
Speaker 2: Well, there will be days that I can actually get out into the ocean when it's calm, somewhere around Alabama's where the inner coast the waterway really starts, and I can stay within those boundaries if the ocean's tub rowty, or I can take the ocean route if I still choose.
Speaker 1: All right, So here's the other question. And I know you've got plenty of stories, just almost two months into your trip. Here we are at October twenty seventh. Where is Joseph Solomon? Right now?
Speaker 2: I am at the entrance of the old lock to the chapel Aya River on the Mississippi Louisiana border.
Speaker 3: Shortly today, at.
Speaker 2: Some point in the afternoon, I will be strictly in Louisiana, okay, with no bordering states.
Speaker 1: Well, and I know that you have a what do you call your your fund that that's keeping you afloat, keeping you in in.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: People can donate direct or they can donate to the National Alliance for Mental Illness on my website, which is Kayaking the new Merrick for acause dot com. Right and on there there's tabs that people can donate direct eat me going to raise this awareness.
Speaker 1: Provisions, provisions you called it your spam fund or what you call that.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, if people want to give me a can of spam, they can dominate a couple of bucks to the spam fund.
Speaker 1: All right, But that's Kayak for a Cause, Kayaking for a call, Kayaking for a Cause dot org or.
Speaker 2: Dot com dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, fantastic. Now, you set out on September first, as we mentioned, out of Cincinnati. What was the first, uh, what was the first bit of turbulence you encountered in your kayak on your journey? Just the first time you went, oh, man, this is a really great idea. I'm glad I came up with it.
Speaker 2: I guess you're speaking of something that kind of scared.
Speaker 3: The Bejesus.
Speaker 2: Exactly really happy I'm doing this. Uh. I was coming into the John T. Meyers locking Damn there on the Ohio River, and there was a storm brewing behind me, and it was pushing me into the lock and damn, and I was live feeding the whole entire situation, which that storm. I didn't get hit by it until after I went through the lock. But the winds were so heavy and it pushed me into the lock. I had nowhere to go to hide or get out of it. And you know, I'm thankful that I was able to get into that lock and get out of that lock without any kind of incidents.
Speaker 4: But it was pretty scary.
Speaker 1: What should like going through a lock in a kayak? Somebody else asked me that the first time you were on the air. I said, I have no idea what he does in those situations.
Speaker 2: I have a VHF radio and on channel thirteen, you can call the lock master and request to be entered into the lock. I usually call them when I'm about a mile away, just in case they have to fill the chamber up to get to where I'm at or and then once I get in, they let the water out of the chamber, and once it's completely level with the water below the dam, the door is open and your cruise on out.
Speaker 1: All right, So you made it through that situation, what was what was the next adventure you? I mean you you at a certain point. Did you get onto the Mississippi or how did you start heading south?
Speaker 2: So I paddled from Cincinnati to the confluence of the Ohio and Mississippi, which goes southwest. And then once I got on the Mississippi, which was about I think somewhere around October the first right, I made it onto the Mississippi River, and I paddled to Memphis from there, and I met with my friend David. He lives in New Orleans, so he's paddling with me from Memphis all the way to New Orleans.
Speaker 1: So you are gonna you are going to land in New Orleans. Then are you gonna drop David off.
Speaker 2: Uh, David's gonna go back to his his daily life, and I'm going to keep on going. One thing is I have to come home for a doctor's appointment, So I gotta I got Once I get to New Orleans, I'm gonna drive back to Cincinnati see the doctor, and then drive back to New Orleans and get all my way.
Speaker 1: All right, was this like a planned doctor's appointment?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have to return to the doctor every three months unfortunately.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that kind of that kind of makes the trip a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: But you just a little bit. Yeah, I'm doing fairly well. I'm actually rolling at probably twenty averaging with all the days off that I've taken. I'm averaging twenty to twenty one month a day.
Speaker 1: So you say a day off, what do you do on a day off? Do you find a place to recoup? I know that a lot of people leave you. You've told me that a lot of people on the journey know what you're doing and have been following you. And it's hard to get back up on the river sometimes because these people want to take you in and treat you like their little pet or something.
Speaker 4: Like a pet.
Speaker 2: You know, to be honest with you, I've stayed on the water pretty much the whole time. There may have been a couple times, two or three times I got out and went to either a hotel or somebody's house, But for the most part, I've been on the river. On the river. On a day off, I get to organizing all my stuff and trying to clean the sand off of everything, because everything does get caked with sand. I bet uh So, Yeah, on a day off, you're doing things. We hung out in Natchez for a while, got to meet the mayor of Idelia, which is there across the river from Natchez. Dave and I called it Shanghai in Natchez.
Speaker 4: Because we were stuck there for like.
Speaker 2: Four days and river angels were passing us off to other river angels and it was just a really good time and kind of held us back a few days. But now we're back at it again, and we're probably I don't know, some forty five to fifty miles just north of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Speaker 1: The Red Stick. You know what I would ask you Normally, if I knew somebody was going to Louisiana, I would ask for them to bring me back some budhang, but it's not really not really something you can do.
Speaker 2: That is something I can do next month on the sometime during the day on the twelve, I can get that to you. You just share me your contact info when we get off the station, and I'll make sure that I'll bring some boudan to you.
Speaker 1: Have you Have you ever had budan?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I have, and it's probably the best sauce that you can ever eat. And like I said, I'm a man of my word. I'll put a kooler together and get some budhan, do you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, maybe I'll uh, maybe I'll go to maybe I'll go to kayakingfor acause dot com and I'll provide the funds so you can pick it up easily for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can do that for you. Is there anything else from New Orleans that you just love that you need?
Speaker 1: No, not especially. I mean, I'm a big fan of gumbo and uh and I love Cajun and Creole cooking. But that's fine. If if I can get a roll of budant out of this, it'll be a bargain for me. I got you, all right, fantastic, So from New Orleans. Then you're going to drive back to your doctor's appointment and then drive back down right, Yes, sir, okay? And does the kayak stay in New Orleans or how does that happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the kayak and all my gears is going to stay in New Orleans. I have a secure place to put it kind of why, Like I wasn't supposed to go to the doctor till the end of the month, but I have a secure place right now. So I'm gonna just, you know, kind of hold up a couple of days in New Orleans and enjoy myself and then drive home and then drive right back.
Speaker 1: All right, I got you. What's what's been? Has there been another tough part of the trip so far for you? I mean, all of it sounds pretty grueling to me, but.
Speaker 2: Uh, just I would say the toughest thing is the Mississippi River. Water levels are extremely low right now, okay, And with them being so low, there's not a lot of rooms for the kayak and barges to make pass while going down the river. So a lot of times we have to stay clear of the channel because of the barges, and that's it's hard for them, and it's hard for us, but we've remained in constant contact with all barge operators to make sure they know where we're at and and you know, know of a safe place that we can stay or or b But when you go behind the movies, it's all flackwaters, so you slow down, and some days we won't get the kind of miles we really want to get in that day because we're slowed up by by traffic. And with these low water levels, commerce in the United States is going to suffer, you know, from from the the levels of the water being so low.
Speaker 1: How did you How did you train for this physically? I mean, because this is like running a marathon every day in a boat.
Speaker 2: To me, well, I've got a lot of muscle memory in my body. I between twenty eighteen and or yeah, yeah, twenty eighteen and twenty twenty two, I've paddled well over seven thousand miles. So by doing that, I really don't have to, like, you know, work out every single day or prepare too much. I always know that the first two weeks are going to be growing for me, and then after that my body will be used to it and I can just keep on going.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of it seems like a lot of work to me, Joe.
Speaker 2: It is, but you know, it is a lot of work. But at the same time, you know, we're I'm able to raise awareness for mental health to a lot of people, and it's been very, very good to us.
Speaker 1: You know, some people might be some people might question your mental health doing something like this.
Speaker 2: Hello, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm still here. We're navigating with a barge right now, so I'm just trying to pay attention.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean some may question my mental health. I don't because I know what I'm capable of and what I can handle. And and this is you know, I've had a near death experience in my life and it had a profound change on my life to a point where I've realized that I had this incredible strength to be able to do this. So why not go out and raise awareness and get people talking about mental health and in a beautiful environment, because the Mississippi and the Ohio rivers are both beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 1: I would agree with you. So the next step when you get back to New Orleans and you get back in the kayak is to make your way east. Right.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's some portageing I have to do in New Orleans because the lock to get to the Inner Coastal Waterway is not operational right now, I don't think because of the water levels. So I'm gonna take buy you Saint John and then do do the oldest portage in in in America and and actually walk walk my boat through to the other side so that I can get into the Inner Coastal Waterway.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not an easy feed either, walk in your kayak because you've got all that equipment on it.
Speaker 2: Well, I've got I've got a set of wheels that I can put in the mid to back end of the kayak and pick it up and walk with it.
Speaker 1: That's that's amazing. So from there you get on, you get on the Inner Coastal and you're going through Alabama and you go all the way into Florida. Right.
Speaker 2: Uh, yes, I will be in Florida all winter long.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that makes sense. You don't want to. You don't want to. You don't want to be kayaking up the Eastern Seaboard in the middle of winter.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's not very long. They're from New Orleans to the Panhandle of Florida. It's not a vast great distance. It's uh, you go to Mississippi for a little bit, in Alabama for a little bit, and then you're in the the uh or you're in the panhandle of Florida. It's gonna get cold on me. I already know it. I've got the year to be able to handle that chill. Uh. But yeah, pretty much. So keep on moving east and then go south around the tip of Florida this winter.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so you're going You're going all the way down to like get around around Miami and then back up the Florida coast. Yeah, that's absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know a lot of people that paddle that whole state.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: There's like a Facebook group I believe that that has a bunch of paddlers that do, particularly what I'm doing. A lot of the great Loopers will cut through Lake Okatobe. I'm gonna skip that and just add a couple hundred more miles and go around.
Speaker 3: The tip of the state.
Speaker 1: Well, you said that you were you were streaming a lot of this. Where where can people find that? Joseph Solomon, Uh.
Speaker 2: If you look me up, Joseph Solomon with the Cincinnati behind it, it'll all pop up. If you look up just Joseph Solomon, you won't find me because there's an artist that's got the same last name, but it's not me. Joseph Joseph Solomon, Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Then you're gonna find me s O. L O MO N Solomon, corect And make sure you put the Cincinnati behind and you can catch some of Joseph's adventures as he continues to kayak paddle the Great American Loop from Cincinnati prayerfully back to back to Cincinnati. Joseph, thank you for taking time and for a dodging death and danger talking to me while you're out on the river. I I appreciate your time, and let's make plans to check back in soon.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, check out with me about that bootand too. I'll be I'm about a week out and I'll be carrying it.
Speaker 1: Back with me, all right, you got it?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Hey you too. Kayaking for a Cause dot com If you'd like to contribute to his spam and my boot ant fund, it's the nightcap and we roll on in minutes. Yep, it's the Nightcap on this on Monday night, October twenty seventh, twenty twenty five, Gary Jeffers. We continue this evening our next guest, most notably was a speech writer from Margaret Thatcher, the great British Prime Minister, who was a beacon of freedom in the world and in a country that has obviously had their political issues ever since Margaret Thatcher left the stage for a number of reasons. But he is a geopolitical expert, and he is our geopolitical expert in this segment. Would you please welcome Jeff Gilson, Jeff, good evening. How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm fine, Thank you guy for having me. Happy to be here.
Speaker 1: You know, before we get into the meat and bones of what is going on currently on the political stage, I did want to ask you from historical perspective, because I was alive and fairly political aware in my twenties of the great Margaret Thatcher, the woman some named the Iron Lady. I know that she was good good friends with President Ronald Reagan, whom I had the pleasure of voting for twice early on in life. What was it like and what was your interaction like with the Prime Minister when you were writing speeches for her and working with her?
Speaker 5: Well, I helped to write speeches for her early on in her career in the mid seventies, when she was first running for the leadership of the Conservative Party. And the thing that it's very difficult to understand at this passage of time, almost fifty years ago, is that when she ran for the leadership of the Conservative Party in nineteen seventy five, she was a rank outsider. She was Susan by no means the natural next leader of the Conservative Party, so she didn't have all that many connections within the main establishment of the party and had to have a platform outside of the party mainstream in order to launch her being for the leadership. And that's the association I hang with her in those early days, helping to write speeches for her through a group called the Selstone Group. She was at first actually kind of nervous about power and grew into the role very considerably during the eighties. As a matter of trivia, one of the things based people don't realize is how small she was. She was only five foot fall and that was the first thing. But she exuded power wherever she went, and this is one of the reasons she still as stride Great Britain in the eighties was that most of the private school educated men in her cabinet simply could not or would not stand up to her. One of the things I learned personally in an interaction with her is that she really appreciated people who challenged her, and that was that was probably the most important thing. She rode roughshod. She was a strong leader, but she really really enjoyed a good challenge, and some of the most some of my greatest friendships within her cabinet were both people she did not agree with politically because they had the chaspa to challenge her.
Speaker 1: Huh, well, that's amazing that you mentioned she was only five feet tall. In no way did she ever appear that diminutive if you saw her speaking as Prime Minister of Great Britain in the eighties. She had such a towering personality that it more than made up for her for her lack of vertical prowess. So that being said, and you said she was kind of an outsider outside of the Conservative Party, would you would you relate President Trump the same way in twenty fifteen when he came down the escalator.
Speaker 5: Yes, I mean it's very interesting. The other thing about Margaret Thatcher is that although she went to Oxford, she was man of Cambridge where were the other Oxford Cambridge. She was not from an upper class background. Her father was a grocer in East in eastern England. She came from a very simple background and worked her way up to the top. Trump didn't exactly come from a poor ground, but he was not a natural politician. And I think that Margaret Thatcher would see a lot of commonality in Donald Trump and absolutely compared it to his inter relations with some of the world's leaders at the moment. She would find him interesting, but she wouldn't break down. She would she would have what we call frank and honest conversations with him. She was a firecracker, but she would find a lot of common ground with Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. And you talk about Donald Trump's relationship with the other leaders around the world and how important that has been, especially here in the second Trump term, And what did you find most I don't know if genius is the word, but what was the most important part of President Trump putting together this Middle East peace deal? As he did it literally piece by piece, country by country, getting other countries on board, say, for example, for the strikes on Iran to isolate Iran and then finally set up this ceasefire, this tenuous ceasefire between Hamas and Israel.
Speaker 5: Well, this again is an interesting parallel between Margaret Thatcher and Donald Trump, because Margaret Thatcher in nineteen seventy five was not at the center of the Conservative Party and was seen as an outsider. She tried very hard in her administration to have a broad based cabinet with points to view for more parts of the party, and it wasn't a disaster, but it wasn't an overriding success. In her second administration, starting in nineteen eighty three, she said enough of that. I want around me people who agree with me, people I can trust to you not to goof off when I leave the room. And it was very different. Same thing with Trump. Trump's first term, he tried really hard, as an outsider, as a non politician, to listen to those people whispering to him that he really needed a broad based government.
Speaker 7: And it was a disaster.
Speaker 5: And what he achieved wasn't a disaster, but it was very difficult to achieve what he achieved with the economy and for example, with the Abraham Accords. Second time around, he's not done that. He's got people around him who are loyal, people who understands, people who are on the same page. And the most important thing is that he found his footing in dealing with foreign affairs. What he has always been interesting, what he is about, first and foremost, he's not being a politician, but as being a deal maker. He's not a diplomat, he's not a politician. He's not interested in waiving social justice and human rights. What he's interested in is putting America first and doing deals around the world, business deals that are good for America. And that's been his approach to Ukraine and Gaza. He stands there and says, I do not understand the history of these fights. I don't want to understand how it goes back hundreds of years. There is no reason to be fighting, and everybody is losing out on great business opportunities, which are what help people. At the end of the day, I want American business back in Moscow. I want the Russian people to benefit.
Speaker 7: I want.
Speaker 5: American business benefiting in Ukraine, and I want American business benefiting a united Middle East economic community, which should include the Palistine Aribs. That's not going to happen with the fighting. The first thing we need to do is stopped the fighting. And what he has employed in both Ukraine and Gaza is fell making tactics where basically you ask two questions, what do you want what do you want to avoid? Well, what about history?
Speaker 7: I don't care about history? What do you want?
Speaker 5: And what do you want to avoid? And he uses three things, leverage, threat, and public performance. And he tried it out first of all in Ukraine with the anchorage meeting with Putin and Zolenski meeting with him later and got them to accept they were not each of them going to get everything that they wanted. Then he left the room and the children started goofing off, and he went off to deal with Gaza. In Gaza, he learned his lesson and he made absolutely certain that he would stop the fighting with phases with what do you want?
Speaker 7: What do you want to avoid?
Speaker 5: But then he made sure he had a big public performance in Charmel. Schek invited Europeans, invited all of the air donations and say you are invested in this as much as I am, so no goofing off. Now he's gone back to Ukraine and he's employing the same tactics. And when Selensky went to the meeting about a week ago in the White House.
Speaker 7: Everyone was saying, well, he's going to get.
Speaker 5: Tomahawk missiles, and I was one of the few people that said, no, he's not. This is a come to Jesus moment for Zelensky when Trump is going to turn around and say I cut my eye off, took my eye off the board, and trusted you and Putin to sort out the details of what we'd agreed, and you Zelensky went running around Europe trying to back out of the deal, and Putin tried to get more land. That's going to stop. No, you're not getting Tomahawk crew's missiles because it will escalate and you need to accept what we have on the ground is what is going to happen. So the genius, if you like that he brought to the deal making in Ukraine and Gaza is this is a business deal. It's not a peace deal or a diplomatic agreement. It's a business steel and that's why it's working.
Speaker 1: Jeff Gilson, can you imagine someday, say ten years from now, if that coastline in Gaza is really the beautiful, sparkling jewel of the Middle East. Because President Trump was able to bring that piece through business and through common sense with all these other Middle Eastern countries. He went to UAE, went to Cutter, he went to Saudi Arabia, he went to all of the other players in this area, all the other neighbors of Israel, and got their acquiescence and saying, yes, we want, we want this pro business model of free trade and of peace without all the bloodshed, because it makes the most economic sense for everyone involved, including the Palestinians. But can you imagine that day when there are just beautiful hotels and resorts. Do you think that will ever happen in the Gaza strip.
Speaker 7: That's only exactly how it will happen.
Speaker 5: But although that chunter is very, very business and that's what he wants to do, he's not a man without a heart. Anybody who's seen him interact personally with people knows that he's not without a heart. What he's not prepared to put him I hope I can use initials BS on your show.
Speaker 7: He's not prepared to put up with BS.
Speaker 5: And he says that to everyone, whoever they are. That's why he had net An Yahu in the White House personally apologizing to Qatar. As he sat he said, no, you're going to make that tin of a call right now, right now, while I'm sitting here, I'm putting you in your place. I think that he is aiming for a situation where the Palestinian Arab problem is out of the way, but not Palestinian Arabs.
Speaker 7: He is well aware that.
Speaker 5: Whether through their poor leadership or whatever, the party that's come off the worst in all this are the ordinary Palestinian Arab people. And what I think he really wants to see happen is the fighting stop and the land of Gaza made better for the Palestinian Arab people. And in our regard, I think he's going to turn around to Qatar and the Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia said when I've done the deal on the fighting stops, and I pushed back on Israel and we have no more fighting in that area. I am looking to you guys, with your trillions of dollars or sovereign world funds, to open up the purses and help these people rebuild. You don't get to turn your back on it is may not all you know, you'll get some hotels and so on, but you will also help these people rebuild their country. So I think we will see a rebirth of Gaza. But I think there will be some humanity there as well as business, because I think that's what Trump is looking for.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, you know, arising a rising tide sol boats Jeff. And yes, if he can convince these people that that. And by the way, BS, you are more economical with words than I do. I am because of FCC rules, I always say male bovine fecal samples, but BBS is much more succinct. You're right. Also, I wanted to well, just among the backdrop of what we're talking about in the leadership that President Trump has shown on the world stage in these matters, do you find it ironic that, at the same time President Trump not only is clearly the leader of the Republican party in this country, but the leader of the free world, the Democrats are struggling to find a leader for their party at all, and they're just kind of listless and without direction.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll be honest with you. By nature, I would describe myself as a Democrat, but by Republican frame. Laugh and saying not really. What has happened is in the last thirty years, the Democrats have very considerably lost their way. If you look at the Democrat Party now, this is not the Democrat Party of Jack Kennedy or even Bobby Kennedy or even Bobby Kennedy Jr. It is just not the same Democrat Party. It has lost its way. It no longer works and acts for working people. MAGA is more for working people than the Democrats.
Speaker 7: They've lost a lot.
Speaker 5: Of time and effort in social engineering fantasy, and it has put off a lot of people like me and people like me and actually a little cast a drift. We are much more likely to look out at the world and be honest about what we see. I don't agree with everything Trump does, but there's an awful lot more for the disagreement.
Speaker 7: About the Democrats.
Speaker 5: The Democrat Party at the moment is a party that is lost. And it doesn't surprise me that it cannot find a unified message or a to unite behind because it's totally split. I think the twenty eight Democratic primary race is going to be a blood first.
Speaker 1: Oh, no question about that. And my my whole question, Jeff Gilson is uh, does a common sense Democrat, say someone like in your image of what a Democrat is or used to be, like a John Fetterman. Does he somehow? Does he somehow rise above the growing Marxist move within the Democrat Party.
Speaker 5: It's hard to say. The Democrat Party in its primary stages the activists has always been somewhat left wing. It's kind of surprising that Biden managed to rise. And Biden isn't Biden wasn't a rabid left winger. It's kind of surprisingly erose Obama the saying sometimes the Democrat Party will get a hold of itself and try and bring a centrist type leader to the foe. I think those days are gone. I read an eclectic number of media outlets and get subscriptions and so on and everything that I'm hearing from internally within the Democratic activist basis, their teeth are set, and they really want to see somebody like a Newsome, even AOC, become the Democratic presidential candidate in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Newsom has got some definite problems with authenticity, and we just do as I say, not as I do, kind of things that the voters hopefully will remember when they go and cast their ballots. If say, Agavin Newsom is on that ballot or in a primary. I just there's just a lack of real to what's going on right now within the Democrat Party, whether it's the Marxist left wing. Is Aron Mondani pie in the sky, you know, taking over the means of production and Marxism and AOC who really it strikes me as odd that she actually graduated from anywhere when I hear her speak. And Gavin Newsom, the famous French laundryman, who's you know, out out and about. When he's telling people to stay cloistered in their homes and wear masks. You know, people are not going to forget that.
Speaker 7: I hope no.
Speaker 5: I mean I some things are easy, Gary, something's aren't.
Speaker 7: Let's take the easy things.
Speaker 5: Could I vote for jdvanswer twenty eight Yes. Could I vote AOC? Not a chance? Would I vote ever? Knew some not a chance? People who describe themselves as democratic socialists. I joke about this in some ways. It's probably a bad joke, but I joke about it anyway. I said, putting words in front of the words socialism does not qualify it. If you are a socialist you're a socialist, then you're a democratic socialist. Doesn't qualify Go and read the Democratic Charter. I did because I did my homework, and you're absolutely right, right into the means of production, the green, the green, the green, the New Green Deal and everyone why you know it's it's wearing our hearts sleeves. We like fairly teddy bears. We want to preserve the environment. I said, go in and read it. Read the last two clauses. It's got nothing to do with fuzzy wuzzy save the environment. It talks about community ownership of the means of production in order to save the environment.
Speaker 7: Was uppish.
Speaker 5: I grew up in Great Britain, I mean, your listeners right now, Army attaction, American citizen, but I was born and raised born in the United States Air Force base in England and raised there. And in the nineteen seventies we had socialists in Great Britain and they almost destroyed the country and it took Margaret Thatcher to rescue it.
Speaker 1: Jeff Gilson, thank you so much for your time. Ours is sadly gone, but I appreciate it so much. As we get into another hour of the nightcap here on seven hundred WLW joining us now a first time guest of Mind, but he's been on the scene for literally decades now. He is the president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center, and he has a brand new book out which is a collection of essays about the enduring spirit of America, our liberty, our land, our hopes, our memories, our faith, and the beauty of our culture that we seek to restore. It's not all gone yet. It hasn't all been torn down like a Civil War statue somewhere in the mid South. That it is still there. The heartbeat of what this country is all about is still beating, many would say, and maybe our guest will say, it's been on life support for a time, but it's back and beating stronger than I believe it hasn't a long time. We'll get our guest reads. Michael Finch, Welcome to the show. How are you.
Speaker 8: I'm doing great, Grey, Thank you again for having me on. It's a real honor. Hello Cincinnati, and looking forward to talking about the book and this wonderful, incredible, beautiful country and culture and history that we have.
Speaker 1: How did you get associated originally with the David Horowitz Freedom Center, Michael tell me about.
Speaker 3: That they've been working. Yeah, I've been working. I had work. Of course.
Speaker 8: David just passed away earlier this year, right were said saying we miss him greatly. I started working for David almost twenty three years ago. I had been working for the Claremont Institute. Larry arn who now runs Hillsdale College, was the president of the Claremont Institute back then. I worked for Larry for a few years and he left for Hillsdale, and there's some changes, and I had the opportunity. I got interviewed by David twenty three years ago, and it was kind of love at first, I guess. I worked side by side with David for over twenty years, learned a lot, very interesting and challenging, and I'm very grateful.
Speaker 3: I had all those years with David.
Speaker 8: It was a remarkable experience, and we're keeping the mission keeping his legacy alive so into the next twenty years, I hope. But it was a great experience.
Speaker 1: I had the pleasure of interviewing mister Horowitz on numerous occasions, and the thing that challenged me as a talk show host was the demand never stopped talking, and it was really hard to it was really hard to get another question in edge waise you were talking to David Horowitz.
Speaker 8: But well, I never had the pleasure of interviewing him, but we spoke on the phone at least a couple of times a day, and they were usually kind of one way conversation.
Speaker 3: Yes, this is what we need to do.
Speaker 8: And David was incredibly passionate, and he was a force. And he's left a huge vacuum obviously, but he had so much that he wanted to teach to us, to citizens about how dangerous the left is about politics and life in general. That you know, sometimes you just sit and kind of listen. David would always get his point across very forcefully. Sometimes that's how passionate he was about defending America.
Speaker 1: What has called you? You think to spend your life working with these nonprofits and these conservative groups you mentioned the Claremont Institute now president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center. What motivates Michael Finch to do what he does?
Speaker 8: Well, No, I've been I've loved the history and America and politics. I loved it, you know, And unlike David, I was conservative at per so. I guess someone says, if you grow when you grow up, you're a liberal and then you become a conservative, or if you have a heart or something like that. Maybe I was heartless. I was a conservative from day one, but I had a passion for America. And it sounds corny, but you know, wanting to make a difference. I always wanted to make a difference. And to be able to do this, I have to say, Gary, to be able to do this as a career, I'm incredibly blessed because I've spent pretty much my whole life in this kind of arena. I'm over sixty years old, and you know, this is to say, this is a job to wake up every day and to do everything I can to help the Center, to help the different organizations I've worked for, and to be able to have the freedom to be able to write and speak and to say, you know, I think David made a huge difference. Obviously the Larry arn't in that group at the Claremont and made a huge difference. So to be able to just play a part in that, I'm incredibly blessed. So this is my career and I would feel, you know, I don't know how long you've been doing radio, but I would probably feel you feel the same way to say, this is my job is to kind of talk about these issues and to have the freedom to say what you want to say, and people listen, and you have an impact on people's lives and talk radio and I'd like to think for my part that I've had an impact and kind of restoring the greatness of this country from all my years working for nonprofits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty eight and a half years doing talk radio and about forty five in the business being on the air.
Speaker 3: So wonderful. Yeah, thank you for all you do.
Speaker 1: Really, And it's funny you say you were born a conservative. I think I was born with a microphone in front of my face. And from the time I was seven years old, I wanted to do this, and I got the chance at nineteen and I've just never stopped anyway, Michael Finch, let's talk a little bit about time to stand and I want to do some compare and contrast of what these essays illustrate about what America is and what we have to lose and what we should hold on to compared to what's going on in this country today. Let's say, let's say, how, for example, give me a clear distinction between a zoron Mom, Donnie and what you're write about in time to stand about what's important.
Speaker 8: Well, first, you know, look, I mean we're you know, we're We're a great republic. We have freedom, we have liberty, and that's what makes America unique, aspirational and special. Right, I mean, America I think stands out. It's a shining city on the hill. We have you know, the founders created an incredible government that has survived for a couple hundred years because.
Speaker 3: We have liberty. Right, we have liberty.
Speaker 8: We have So Mandani is he's first of all, he's I don't know if he calls uf a socialist or a communist. I'm not going to even split the difference. To me, he's a communist and he's a I don't know, I don't know if he said that he believes in Shria law. He embraced the nine to eleven Imom who talked things that make Reverend Right look like a Love America preacher. So he's kind of in that arm.
Speaker 3: David called it the.
Speaker 8: Unholy alliance of radical Islam and the radical left, and that is a force that we are fighting across the board in American around the world. And he kind of epitomizes both of those. He's certainly, you know, a socialist slash communist, whatever you want to call it economically, but he's also he's very He's made some very anti israel comments, anti Semitic comments, and you know, he embraces a philosophy that is, I think, the complete opposite of what America represents. That doesn't mean he doesn't have a right. I mean, we could argue that if he believes in Shria law, then how does he take an oath to defend the constitution. The two are incompatible. But he's got a right to run for office. And look, I mean, New York may get what they deserve if they vote for him. Unfortunately, New York is the financial capital of the country, perhaps financial capital of the world. So it's very dangerous. I think there's a huge, huge danger in him becoming mayor. But the country split. I mean, the radical left has completely taken over the Democrat Party. We see a lot of people of his philosophy in the Democrat Party and that's a danger to the country.
Speaker 3: We just go ahead.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Mike.
Speaker 1: I don't Michael, I don't see the division that keeps on being brought up on the media all the time when I'm out and about maybe it's maybe I'm just moving in my own little bubble. But among most people, the term common sense dictates, and most people are still attuned to living by the the tenets of common sense when it comes to a lot of these issues. And I just don't see the division in my day to day life. And I'm in different groups of people all the time.
Speaker 8: Well, you're right, I mean, if the look, I mean, Donald Trump won twice, arguably three times. But you know, we won't get into that conversation the majority of Americans. And you're in Ohio, which is a red state. But you know what is California thinking it's got a far left legislature. Gavin Newsom is actually moderate compared to the members of the legislature in Sacramento. So New York, I mean, we know where in New York. Look at the governor of New York just north of you, the governor of Michigan. Michigan's had some good governors. I'm originally from Chicago, Illinois, so Illinois politics. You know, it moved to California to actually probably get better politics. And it's a little prettier in the climate's better. But there are parts of the country that are following. And look at some of the cities Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago. I mean, these cities are falling apart. Now, not every city's falling apart, but cities that follow this ideology are collapsing. I don't get it either. I feel very strongly that there's a turn in this country. President Trump was reaching people that had been Democrats for their whole lives. It's changing, and I think he's had a huge impact. He certainly has transformed the Republican Party and he's reaching a lot of the working class Democrats that are fed up with where the Democrat Party's going. So I feel pretty good about the restoration. I feel that America is becoming great again, and that means it's history and its culture are going to be embraced. So I feel optimistic about that. But look, this is a very radical and vocal minority that's had made huge inroads into parts of the country. So you know, look, Reagan said, we've got to fight every generation, and the seductive ideology the left, as David taught us over all these years, is incredibly seductive, and that's something that we're never going to be able to say we defeated the left because that the philosophy of Marxism, socialism, communism is incredibly powerful and it reaches people in ways that I can't understand or explain, but it's very powerful and it's there. I mean, it's a real danger to the country, even though I think you're right the majority of Americans are with us.
Speaker 1: In a Time to stand. You talk about the critical importance of restoring the greatness of American culture, and you've mentioned that, referenced that a couple of times here. What do you think is at the top of that pyramid of greatness of American culture that we really really need to focus on and bring back.
Speaker 8: Michael Well, I think you've kind of combined it with American history, and we've seen what the left has done in our education system and just tearing apart of American history. Now we teach the Howard Zen version of American history, the sixteen nineteen project America is sexist, racist, that Christopher Columbus came to the New World simply to completely destroy the ecosystem and the environment. I mean, on and on and on, and we have to fight that because conservatives have seated that ground in the schools unfortunately. And the culture, it's the painting, it's the writing, it's the poetry, it's the architecture, it's you know, go to Columbus. The state capitals in this country built beautiful buildings, most of them in washing DC. The federal buildings that were built over one hundred years ago. We have an incredibly beautiful culture. The landscape paintings of the nineteenth century, it really points to the aspirational part of American history. Thomas Jefferson wanted federal buildings and government buildings to have that classical design from Greece and Rome, because he said, that's what's going to unite America as a new republic. It's a search for beauty, and American culture is incredibly beautiful. We had a golden age of that culture from the mid eighteen hundreds still about nineteen thirty and since then we've still there. But we've seen the degradation. We've seen that across the board with America right especially since the nineteen sixties. But we need to teach how wonderful in America is because the culture unites us and binds us. And I was and I don't want to keep going on on, but conservatives have done a great job at Hillsdale College and many of the the kind of think tanks and talking about the Federalist papers, the Constitution, the Declaration, the Gettysburg Address, all of that is what politically the political culture that binds us. But there's another part of the culture. I think that we need to focus on and educate. Most of the things that I write about in the book in terms of American culture are not things I learned in school, And like said, I'm in my sixties, so it's not like I went to school last decade. These are things that I've learned on my own. And I think it's important for the schools to not just teach about what's so stained and negative and horrible about American history, but what's beautiful, and it is beautiful more than just a political republic and all those wonderful things, we also have a beautiful culture.
Speaker 1: You're talking about the left's attacks on history talking to Michael Finch, the author of A Time to Stand In, the president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center on the Nightcap. Michael, you talk about the left's attacks on our history and culture when the statues started coming down, the monuments, and you saw even George Washington and Abraham Lincoln monuments and statues being desecrated or being torn down around the country. It reminded me of exactly what happened when Isis had a stronghold in the Middle East and they were taking down all these antiquities, and it reminded me of what Mao did in communists China when he tried to erase all of the proud culture and history that had come before Mao. And this is what the left does everywhere it tries to get a foothold, is it not?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I know some conservatives will disagreed with me on this. But you know, my family, my great great grandfather fought was Iowa, fought for the Union for.
Speaker 3: The entirety of the Civil War.
Speaker 8: But the Roberty Lee was a great American even before the Civil War. He was a hero in the Mexican American War. He was one of the great American in generals, and that's part of history. You may not like what he did, you may not like what he represented, fighting for the state of Virginia, fighting for you know, leading the charge for the Confederacy, but Roberty Lee is a very important American in our history. We need to teach about Robert E. Lee and what he represented, because you need to learn about all aspects of history. And I said very pointedly, if you try to take his statue down, or Stonewall Jackson, or who were Jefferson Davis or whoever else, they're going to go after Jefferson and Washington. And sure enough, in twenty twenty they're in the riot, the George Floyd riots. They even were trying to take down statues of Abraham Lincoln, of course, is the great emancipator. So you're right, it never ends. The left wants that in order to create this great new America utopia, you need to completely destroy and you, you know, perfectly pointed out what Mao did, what Stalin and Lennon did. In order to create the new utopia, you have to eliminate all the history of the old whatever stands before it, you need to eliminate that.
Speaker 3: So the idea of.
Speaker 8: Just tearing part of American history and tearing down the statues, it's heart wrenching, it really is. And I'll defend whatever statues are up, that's part of American history. I don't think any of these statues should be taken off. You want to build new statues, that's great, But the old statues represent our history and it's something you know, whether it's a proud part of the proud history or part of the history we need to talk about or learn from. I think regardless of that, those statues need to stand.
Speaker 1: Well, if you act like it never happened, they never existed, then you don't learn anything exactly.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 8: And why would we follow the example of Lenin Stalin And now you know, I don't know, but that's the left. That's what they represent, and they want to tear down our history. It didn't start in seventeen seventy six. Supposedly, it started in sixteen nineteen. And that's that. You know, you're just going to denigrate and put this huge stain on what is a wonderful history.
Speaker 1: Real quickly, in the last couple of minutes we got left, Michael Finch, give me example of one essay you're write in a time to stand that people. Give me a little tease here in.
Speaker 8: The book, Well, I wrote an essay about American architecture. Donald Trump in his first term right at the end of his first term, enacted in executive order saying that all buildings, federal buildings and new federal buildings needed to be built in the classical style, at least have some adhere instead of Greek and Roman classical style. He was mirroring what Jefferson did a couple hundred years ago. He immediately was attacked as a Nazi. I guess Hitler liked the parthonon in classical Everyone loves classical architecture. That's why it's classical architecture. But he was attacked as a Nazi and fascist fascist architecture. Joe Biden rescinded that executive order. I'm hoping he'll come back with it. We have a president who also attacked the Wocism and the Smithsonian and these other institutions and museums. We have a president that understands America's beautiful, that we have a beautiful culture, and that includes the art and the buildings that represent it. It's really important that we remember that and defend that and restore that greatness of American culture.
Speaker 1: A Time to Stand, a new book by Michael Finch, who was the president of the David Horowitz Freedom Center our guest tonight. I can't thank you enough for your time, Mike. I can't think of a better way that I could have filled it. So it's a pleasure.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: No, this was a real honor.
Speaker 3: I'm very grateful. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Great day and great success with the book. It's available now right.
Speaker 8: Yes, it is on Amazon or front pagemag dot com, which is the Center's website at our bookstore, but you can go to Amazon or Barnes and Nobles any of the other websites in order it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Please continue the great work with the David Horowitz Freedom Center, Michael.
Speaker 3: Thanks, will do I appreciate that. Thank you.
Speaker 1: You got it. Joshua Philip from the Epic Times. We'll be hanging around with us for a little while after the next news break, and this is the nightcap on seven hundred WLW. Our next guest this evening is a senior investigative reporter, coast of host of Crossroads at the Epoch Times, an award winning journalist, documentary filmmaker. And we're going to get into some of those a little bit, even though it's past tense along with what's going on today. But for the sake of just getting it started. Joshua Philip, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: How are you hey, My pleasure being here, And yeah, you know, interesting times, but not bad as a journalist, I guess right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's what's the old curse? May you live in interesting times?
Speaker 7: What killed me? We're living what killed.
Speaker 1: Me during during COVID and the ensuing riots during the Summer of Hate in twenty twenty. And I remember being on the radio and I heard all these ads and they'd start with during these uncertain times, during these during these interesting times, during you know, it was like has any time in the history of mankind been certain about?
Speaker 4: What was?
Speaker 1: That was my first question.
Speaker 6: A good point, good, good point.
Speaker 1: And my second question was I'd rather not be so interesting a lot of the time.
Speaker 6: Well, well, you know, the COVID era and while we were locked out in our houses because we're afraid of getting the virus and you were allowed to go protest, that was quite interesting. I'd say that. I'd say that was quite interesting because you know, the messaging was, you know, it's too dangerous to go outside. COVID is going to kill you, but it won't touch you if you're protesting and burning down your city.
Speaker 9: So yeah, go figure, right, Yeah, the strip bars were open, and hey, mom and pop grocery stores are shuttered.
Speaker 1: All of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, you know, COVID it was very.
Speaker 9: Selective, you know, as we know, right, sure, sure, and then we found out as I suspected from the very beginning, Joshua and I said this on the air at the time.
Speaker 1: I was one of the loudest dissenting voices in April and May of twenty twenty, calling this stuff out as it was happening right in front of me. I'll tell your quick story and then we'll get onto the topics. So in April of twenty twenty, when we were told that we had, you know, fifteen days to stop the spread, slow the spread or whatever, and they were closing down businesses as being non essential, and then big box stores were still essential, but the mom and pops weren't. I got a card in the from the radio station from two federal agencies I'd never heard of before, telling me that I had special permission to travel on the interstate as emergency broadcast personnel through May thirty first, twenty twenty. So when they were saying in March and April, we're going to take, you know, a week or two weeks to slow the spread, and then we'll get back to normal. I knew they were full of it then, because they just issued me a card that said I was good till May thirty first, which meant that I could travel and very few other people were supposed to. My wife and I traveled all the time. So that was just my personal aside on how real all of that was. But I was very vocal at the time, and I still am vocal, although most of the time I've had to resist the effort or the want to say.
Speaker 2: I was right.
Speaker 1: I was right about all of it. I was right about mask I was right about the six foot rule, I was right about you know anyway.
Speaker 6: No, no, you got to remind people sometimes, you know.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: I remember, for me, you know, speaking about my work in the early days of the virus, I did I think the first major investigation into the virus origins. You know, I did a big documentary released within about maybe two months of the whole thing, and I mean it was shocking because it was all based on public reporting. We used documentation coming out from China. We used things that they later deleted. Everybody forgets now but do you remember they actually released the virus sequence in China, then they disappeared the researcher who did the virus and then every yeah, then every Western journal that published the virus sequence deleted it.
Speaker 7: If it was a.
Speaker 6: Serious pandemic, why in you know, why in anything, why would you delete evidence on the virus sequence to make it you can't research it. And so I remember reporting this stuff, and you know, I'm thinking, Okay, I'm contributing to the good of the world, and I'm showing probably where the virus came from. I'm showing information on what, you know, what the virus is based on scientific public reporting. I got censored, I got attacked, I got I got just about deplatformed. Facebook sent an alert to every person who shared my documentary telling telling them they shared false information. In terms of the person who's fact checked me actually worked at the Chinese virus they will want into the virology. And the basis of the fact check was they have very good security, and because they have good security, it's not possible that a virus outbreak like like this.
Speaker 7: It was it was a.
Speaker 6: Clown world and I was I mean, it's one thing when you see other people get canceled. When you experience it, it's because you know it's true or not. When you experienced it, it's such a surreal thing because you can see just how they lie. Frankly, it was really bizarre.
Speaker 1: I was. There was so much of that going on Joshua at the time in media and anybody in social media, anybody who was dissenting from the propaganda that was being put out, mostly by communist China and our government. I am still surprised that I never was told to lay back. I never was told to stop doing what I was doing on the air, and they didn't take me off the air. I don't know if it's because only five people were listening at the time I was on. I'm not sure, but I somehow survived that period of cancelation, and you know, the total isolation of people who just didn't go along with the approved narratives. So yeah, I feel very fortunate that I worked for people who felt like free speech was still important. The real story of January sixth is one of your documentaries.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that was another one that was quite quite the adventure.
Speaker 1: All right, So give me in a reader's digest condensed version. Nobody knows what those are anymore. The real story of January sixth, according to the work you did, Joshua Philip in that documentary back in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: So we did three parts with that. The first part was and was an investigation into security camera footage to break down the incidents that day, the timelines, and also the way that the whole story went down. And basically the first one we found that the public narrative was fake. Trump did not call for an insurrection. The real story of it was that actually Trump had a scheduled speaking event at the Capitol Building. They had a platform set up, scheduled speakers, a permit for it. Trump had author the deployment of the National Guard, which was at the time for some reason, they were lying about that Trump authorized flue of the National Guard.
Speaker 7: It was denied.
Speaker 6: Notably, it was not accepted. And you know, I think we'll maybe find out who's responsible for that. But Trump wanted Trump wanted national guard, Trump wanted riot.
Speaker 1: Please Nancy Pelosi. Nancy Pelosi is still saying that Trump denied the National Guard on January sixth. He's still saying that when she is the one of the prime players in making sure that that did not happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So the real story was they had all that. Trump wanted members of Congress to read the evidence of election fraud, and that was what he was actually going for. That was what his interest was. And so January sixth technically derailed that. The people who tore down the barricades, the people who tore down the no trespassing signs, the people who gained access to the building, and notably they signaled on the camera to people opened the door, and they opened the door. They have a huge magnetic door. You'd need like a like a you'd need like a missile to blow that thing open.
Speaker 3: They opened the door.
Speaker 6: That all happened while Trump was still speaking at the ellipse. Those were not the people who are listening Trump speak who went and did that. That happened as he was speaking the other side too. No police officers were killed that day. The whole story about you know, the guy hit with a fire extinguisher and murdered, it was fake. Three people died that day. One was Ashley Babbitt, shot in the neck by a police officer as she was unarmed climbing through a window. The two other people, Roseanne Boyland. They said she died of a of a like of a of an overdose she was on like Riddlin. We have video of her trapped in a tunnel and her her limp body is being beaten by by one of the Capitol police officers and people and people are trying to pull their body out from under the crowd. She was trampled. The other individual died of heart complications. We have evidence that police are the ones who tear gas themselves, unfortunately, including a couple of really wild ones who are just literally grabbing stun grenades off the belts of their officers and grabbing tear gas you know, launchers out of the hands of officers and just launching the randomly into the crowd. Police firing down from above at the crowd people, Police hitting people in the head with their clubs in ways that are illegal because you can kill people. Just real flagrant violations of abuse and use of force. And also the fact that most of the injuries of the police were actually caused by them themselves because they tear gased themselves and they didn't have the equipment to deal with it. I mean, I'm not throwing them under the bus because they were they were thrown into a situation and situation they shouldn't have been in because they were not given the resources or the equipment to handle that situation. But you know, that was the real story. January six was basically the first one was the narrative you've been told is just plain wrong. And then from their epic times has actually given access to all their unreleased footage by Congress, and so we were able to have reporters go in view the footage. We were one of I think three news outlets that was actually given this access, and we were able to request clips, and we published a very in depth feature showing people all this unreleased footage and key parts of it that basically just debunked a lot of the big narrative on it. And you know, I'm not saying that I'm not saying that there were no incidents of violence against police. There were some people who, in my opinion, did believe it did belong in jail, but again, the overall picture and the overall narrative was just utterly fake. And on top of that too, you also had you also had people being denied exculpatory evidence to prove their innocence in court, which we had access to, and they were not even allowed to show the evidence.
Speaker 1: I've talked to many January sixth defendants in the past couple of years. Josh and Uh, one of the gentlemen who was in prison in the gulag for like over three years, was one of the well, was one of the guys who tried to pull the Capitol police off of Roslin who was being beaten to death in that tunnel. He tried, he tried to pull them off, and he got arrested for that and charged with the soul. It's amazing.
Speaker 6: Well, we had we had a clip. We had a clip where and you can see it. You can hear it in the audio. One of the protesters runs.
Speaker 7: Into a police officer.
Speaker 6: They go tumbling down, and you know, it looks like they run into each other the police that you can hear in the audio. The guy says, Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. Let me let me help you up. I'm so sorry. Let's get up together, Let's get it together. When when they showed that video in court, they removed the audio and video, it looks like you run the police officer and tackles him, but they removed the audio to to in my opinion, falsify evidence to make it look like he was attacking the officer and that was though he was actually painted. And so why why would you why would you remove part of the evidence. Someone had to remove the audio to do that.
Speaker 4: Why would they do that?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 6: And there was just a lot of weird things like that that that we did uncover during that reporting.
Speaker 1: UH, in your latest piece Crossroads Trump, is Trump preparing for a war against Venezuela and Maduro? What have what have you found in that reporting?
Speaker 6: So, in my opinion, a lot of the reporting on Venezuela is uh is media being dishonest. The real story is this Maduro and Lula. You know Maduro of course in Venezuela, Lula and Brazil. We're planning to launch a war against Guyana as of a few months ago, and so there was a war a doctor start in South America. And the bigger context of that is Guyana, a country just north of Venezuela. They discovered one of the largest oil reserves in the entire world a few years ago. And just being blunt, everybody.
Speaker 7: Wants it, Uh.
Speaker 6: The United States has legitimate legal operations, their eggs on Is is one of the companies involved in with you know, oil exploration and working with the government in Guyana. Maduro claims that he has historical ownership over that part of Guyana and he was going to annex it, and they were, They even passed in their in their court a law that would allow them to do it. So they were, they were, they were preparing for war. As a few months ago.
Speaker 3: China wants it.
Speaker 6: Russia of course wants it, and China has been doing a lot of black ship operations of trying to avoid US sanctions in that region. That that's the real story, I'd say so. Secretary of State Mark Rubia actually went down there just a few months ago too, and actually, Warren Maduro, if you try to do this, there will be consequences. In my opinion, the operations against the cartels and the operations possibly even top of Maduro are part of that. The other sides of the people that everyone's leading out though, like the mainstream media, they're like, oh, Trump's saying without evidence that Maduro is part of the cartels, the sons, Trump saying Maduro is tied with the trend de Arragua. Did everybody forget that that was a Biden policy. That was Biden, that was Joe Biden. The Biden administration declared publicly that Nicholas Maduro is the illegitimate leader, that the government in exile under Juan Guido is the legitimate government because Maduro rigged the election in twenty eighteen. That's Biden policy. This is not even Trump.
Speaker 7: This is Biden pulic.
Speaker 1: And the benefactor of a rigged American election is pointing fingers at someone else who was the benefactor election. The irony doesn't escape me.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, go figure.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: So that was a Biden policy. And so they're saying that Trump is saying, without evidence that Badua was the leader of the trend Aragua. He's not saying that. He's saying he's a leader of the Cartel of the Sons, and cartel of the son basically provides the drugs tea friend day Aragua. The boats they're saying are trendy Aragua. Then they're saying the boats are fishermen. You ever go fishing without a fishing pole and you paint your boat blue, so you blend in with the ocean and you don't have nets, but you're doing commercial fishing. Look, look, you know, I grew up partly in a fishing community. So my dad used to on a restaurant called Red's Lobster Doc in Point Pleasure in Beach, New Jersey, and we had we had we had a doc. I used to work the docks my my stepfather, my step grandfather was a monk fisherman, you know, deep sea fishing and lobster fishermen. My dadd's still in the off season. I grew up working the docks. I know what fishing boats look like. I've never seen fishing boat without fishing equipment. Okay, right, these things don't have nets, they don't they have I've never personally seen a fisherman shove a bunch of fish into a duffel bag.
Speaker 7: That's that's new.
Speaker 6: If they're if they're fishing with fishing poles, I mean, okay, fine, Like I've gone commercial fish, I've gone commercial fishing.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're josh, maybe maybe they're Venezuelan noodlers.
Speaker 7: They're just think about that.
Speaker 6: Maybe they're noodling, you know that, might you might be onto something. They're Yeah, they're they're they're feeling the Deep South Deep South vibe. You know, they're just sticking their hands in the water hoping something bite. You know, maybe you're onto something. But but you know, the big tailsale sign aside from the fact that they don't have fishing nets or fishing poles and they're they're they have a bunch of full bags and barrels, which again, you're not going to catch enough fish to fill a barrel if you can see some fish and poles. Anyway, three guys, yet, come on, they paint their boats blue. They paint the tops blue. You know, a normal fishermen, you're gonna want a bright kind of like red or yellow or you know, something that if you get lost, you can be spotted. The only reason the reason you don't paint your boat blue is because people can't see you. So the only reason you do it is so people can't see you. So why they're painting the boat's blue, The simple answer, so people don't see them.
Speaker 7: The media is.
Speaker 6: Being so incredibly disingenuous with its reporting on this. I mean, maybe I should say it's shocking, but I don't think it's shocking anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, Joshua, I will tell you sadly, we're coming to the end of our time tonight. But what a wonderful conversation, what great revelations. And I encourage everyone if you're not already a subscriber. I am to the Epoch Times. I get the alerts every day my phone and it's just solid fifty to fifty reporting right down the line, without any of the male bovine fecal samples that are served up by a lot of the rest of the mainstream media. Joshua Philip, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 7: Hey, pleasure anytime.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right, thank you very much. He's got more good stuff in the pipeline. Maybe we'll talk again soon, I hope. So it's the nightcap, and we ain't done yet. Brian Reisinger from the book Land Rich, Cash Poor on what China is trying to do and has been somewhat successful in doing to American farmers, and how President Trump is trying to stop that with the meeting with g this week and his continued trade dealing with Asia. It's the nightcap on seven hundred WLW. It is time to rise and shine even at this time. And I and I say rise and shine because we have Brian Risinger as in a farmer Rising and shining to talk to us this half hour. He's the author of land Rich Cash, for My Family's Hope, and The Untold History of the Disappearing American Farmer. A fourth generation farmer and comes from a farm family in Wisconsin. He served as an advisor top leaders, including Governor Scott Walker there in Wisconsin, US Senator Ron Johnson, currently the sitting senator in Wisconsin, and US Senator Lamar Alexander my old home state Tennessee, and other public officials, and he joins US now as an advisor to the Nightcap. Brian Risinger, welcome back.
Speaker 7: Hey, it's good to be with you. I appreciate you having me back on and I appreciate highlight these issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number one on our dartboard here has to be the meeting that President Trump is getting ready to have with x in China and the meeting with the new Japanese Prime minister to talk tariffs and to make deals. And they both are heavily focused on the American farmer. And you know, people talking about the Trump tariffs, you say, they ignore the reason that they're necessary, and the main reason is China. So can you elaborate on what deal and President Trump this weekend said he felt fairly good that the meeting with g would be successful. I hope it is to the benefit of both countries and to the benefit of the American farmer. I'm sure you have your reservations about this because of the way China has acted in the past and their recent history of buying American farmland and not buying our goods. So what do you expect out of this latest meeting? Was that the President is planning on having his on his trip to Asia.
Speaker 7: Absolutely well, as you correctly said, this is a big priority. And you know, President Trump, as he's preparing for this meeting, is coming in having drawn some hardlines, used tariffs and other stands to show China that he intends to negotiate tougher than past years at US presidents. And he's trying to figure out a way to do that while finding a way to get that market opened back up in a way that's more fair, because you know the way that was for decades, it was leading unfair trade practices that were pushing prices down and screwing with American farmers, and then China snubbing American farmers. This fall has been very challenging on the other hand. So President Trump's trying to make that market more fair and get it back open. Here's what we need to recognize as we do that, we have to see that this deal will be the first step in a long term process to end what I'm calling our China addiction in this country, which is all the ways that China makes our economy affordable here in America is something that we have to figure out a way to deal with and move our way off of, including for the sake of our family farms, because they've held this hostage in many ways for a couple decades now.
Speaker 1: We have a China addiction in this country because of the cheaper goods that are brought in through the slave labor that is conducted in that communist country, and through as you mentioned, unfair trade practices where they're simply blocking American goods for making their market while flooding ours with all this cheap stuff that we've become accustomed to. You know, the Walmart generation is mostly there. And this is no diss on Walmart as a corporation at all, Brian, but the Walmart generation, which you saw these huge mega box stores bringing cheap Chinese goods to Middle America over the past forty to fifty years has really caused a serious hole in the American economy that people don't think about when they go after that ten dollars shirt at Walmart, do.
Speaker 7: They Yeah, that's absolutely right. You know, it's created cheap goods, but it has also created a dependence that we have on China where they're able to really jerk our chain. And you see that on the farm side. In the case of China has for decades been a huge buyer of soybeans, corn, other staples that are crucial to our heartland, the Midwest, all across the Great Plains, all over the place. And the reality situation is they buy so much agricultural products that they're able to really dictate the terms they buy them up. They can dump things and push the price down. They can move the world price and demand, and that's how farmers have been doing a lot of business selling to China, but also kind of get been getting screwed by China, and that's why farmers often support getting tougher, even though a trade dispute can be harmful if it gets out of hand. So that's why we need to figure out for the American consumer, the American worker, and for the American farmer. What's our long term strategy. How can we get back to a healthy, normal trading relationship rather than having our biggest graading partner also be our biggest adversary.
Speaker 1: Well, and how how can we keep them from from buying our farm land which they which I mean President Trump has gone to great links to stop this, and local and state leaders have done the same, especially in red states where they're not just they're just not snapping up all of our farmland and controlling it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My question, Brian is how do we ever trust the Chinese since they go back on deals all the time, and they lie and they cheat. Is there a way to make this deal China proof from the standpoint of them not going along with what they say they're going to do?
Speaker 7: It is such a good question. It's kind of like that rag and trust but verify thing that he had with communist Russia back in the day, right, And I say, you know, we can deal but not depend. And what I mean by that is they're a big market. We can find a way to strike a deal that is more fair to the American farm and American worker. And we can do that, you know, hopefully opening that market back up without letting them kind of you know.
Speaker 1: Raid the store.
Speaker 7: But we cannot depend on them. And what I mean by that is we have to diversify our trading base. There are hundreds of trade companies countries out there, excuse me, hundreds of countries out there that there are no trade deals with. And if we are going around the globe making individual deals with smaller countries where we have more leverage, they need us to help feed them. We need them because they have affordable ways to help produce goods in the way that Chinese. But maybe it doesn't have to have the same human rights abuses and the same trade abuses. If we make hundreds of deals across the country that diversity. I know, one deal is going to replace China, but many many deals across the globe negotiating way, it's more fair for farmers and workers and consumers here in America. We don't have to depend on China as much as we do. The problem is we have so many eggs in one basket to use a farm pun on an issue that is really pretty serious, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about that. How how is the current government shut down affecting America's farmers Brian.
Speaker 7: It's coming at the worst possible time. There's congressional squabbling in the games that lawmakers are playing around. Different extraneous political issues from the American farmers standpoint, are causing real problems. Now, no farmer really wants to depend on the government. Farmers want to grow something and sell it for a dollar, right, But the reality is that agriculture and government are intertwined deeply in this country, and so there are things like farmers need to be able to go to the local county office to register their crops, things like that. So that's some of the smaller issues that are kind of inconveniences. But here's the real reason the government chepman is having a huge impact right now. President Trump and the administration have said, hey, we're going to do tariffs, We're going to negotiate tougher. That sometimes means that our government is going to take actions that make it harder for armers to selling these other markets because we think it's worthwhile, right, we think it's worth drawing that hardline. We'll get a better deal long term, but it might mean some pain in the short term, that's what the government has said. In a scenario where that's what the government is saying, they want to also be able to come forward with some of that tariff revenue to help support farmers who are impacted by that. When the government takes an action that impacts a business, it makes sense that the government does something to help make sure that that business isn't completely left on whole. So, you know, there's an effort to move a tariff support package through the Congress, but the shutdown has halted all that. There's been some funds that the Trump Innstration is able to release on its own, but not all. There's billions of dollars being held up by these congressional gains while meantime farmers are making the sacrifice during our trade disputes.
Speaker 1: I've always wondered what your position is on government farm subsidies and paying farmers not to grow certain crops or raise certain a livestock. What's Brian Reisinger's take on those which many people who are not farmers consider, you know, government welfare.
Speaker 7: Basically, yeah, I'll tell you I don't speak for all farmers, but I'll say what I what I hear A lot and what I what I believe to be the issue. The issue that we have here is that most farmers I know, they want to they want to again. They want to grow crops and sell you know, food products or other products that people want to buy for a dollar. No, no government, No farmer wants to depend on government in the way that we have many of our farmers doing in this country. But here's what's happened. The government has intervened in so many different ways. There are so many different programs, and they just piled up over the years. So you can make an argument there's maybe a basic need around uncontrollable factors like weather. Right, just like when there's a hurricane or tornado, the government comes in and helps out communities. You can make an argument for uncontrolled feathers. Weather's like, you know, weather and other factors being a reason to have some sort of government involvement. But we've piled up programs over the decades. We have hundreds of programs. We don't know whether they work anymore any our contradictory. We don't know which means are prone to favorite as.
Speaker 1: Going to do.
Speaker 7: So here's what happens. It's both true that the American taxpayer is rightly saying where the heck is my tax dollars going? And then family farmers saying, hey, where the heck is that support that was supposed to be there? A lot of farmers don't want to have to be depending on that. We just have this massive government bureaucracy that is, you know, just so ineffective and it's wasting a lot of dollars along the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, since your your family's from Wisconsin dairy farmers, right, yeah, Okay, where are we now with Canada and trade on items like cheese?
Speaker 7: Yeah? You know, the big thing with Canada and with America is that we do need the Canadians to understand that we need to have deals that are more more fair to America. And part of the reason for this is Canada has a very different system. You want to talk about protectionism Canada, that is what they call supply management system, where they're so protectionists of their dairy that they the government literally mandates, you know, how many college you can have and things like that.
Speaker 1: And Bryan, it's called it's called socialism.
Speaker 7: Thank you for speaking with clarity there. I appreciate that. And it creates a huge imbalance, right, and The Canadians are, though, you know, traditionally little more friendly than China. They also, especially during the last trade to be about a decade ago, they were dumping products too that they knew could push the prices down. So we need to make sure that our traditional allies are also dealing with the American farm in a fairway as well.
Speaker 1: What about American farmers who are trying to keep money in their pockets and keep from you know, keep the lights on and whatever, trading out their farm land. They're good fertile farmland for solar panel fields and wind farms. I know that there's there's this administration has taken a stab, a stab back at all these green energy initial is so called renewables, which are inefficient, very costly, and eat up all kinds of land.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I've always said that I think, you know, individual farmers need to figure out what's right for them. I've worked on a couple of different types of world development projects, a wide range of things. Here here's what I think the issue is. That is a is a deep way that we can help address whatever kinds of pressures farmers may have to do with their land. Different things, the land rich cash poor dilemma. The big problem with that landriage cash problem is the cash poor part, meaning what we need is for farmers to have new entrepreneur opportunity that make it easier to make a living on their land. Farmland has always been valuable, always been coveted for different things, and farmers have always faced those pressures. But as long as farmers are able to make a good living, these farm families want to keep their farms in their families. They want to keep operating, they want to keep moving forward. And the issue that we have is there hasn't been enough entrepreneur opportunity out there to help farms have good choices with what they want to be able to do with their land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that some farmers. The trend I guess it was about twenty years ago. I remember hearing about this is that a lot of farmers were taking a portion of their farmland and they were they had ponds and stuff, and they were raising shrimp, you know, farm raised shrimp and stuff like that. You talk about, you know, diversifying and using this wonderful gift of God, this farmland for whatever purpose that will make economic sense for these farm But I'm sorry, I go by a field and I see, you know, all of these solar panels, or I go buy a field and I see these giant bird killers up in there, and I'm going, man, this stuff doesn't work. It's not energy efficient. Yeah, maybe it's floating a boat for this farmer so he can survive another day. But is it. How close are we to the death of the family farm in America?
Speaker 3: Brian?
Speaker 7: You know, we're unfortunately very close, and there are some really big factors, you know, economic crises, governmental policies, technological issues that have been driving it for a long time. And here's where the math shakes out. We've been losing family farms at the rate of forty five thousand a year on average for the past century, forty five thousand a year. If we continue doing that going forward, Gary, Jeff, I'm forty years old now. By the time my little girl is my age, by the time she's forty, we'll have lost the rest of our farms in this country at that rate, we'll have lost them within the next generation. So we need to make some big changes. There's no question.
Speaker 1: Well, the farms and farming has been such an integral part of this country from its very beginning. You know, we were still obviously in colonial times in Aggregian society. We had the you know, the industrial age come in and we had manufacturing and the city's got built. And I will tell you from a personal standpoint, Brian, that when I go back to Iowa, where I was born, when I talk to my relatives that are still in Mount Pleasant, Iowa and have been family farmers for at least as many generations as your family has been involved there in Wisconsin, when I visit there on occasion, there is such a feeling of peace and comfort being out in that land where people are working the land where and they're very, very overall, they're very patriotic people. They love America, they love Americans, they love their fellow Americans. And many of them, you know, many of them that this is a place where you can find lots of Trump signs. Not that they are not Democrats too, but I'm just saying it always makes my heart feel good to be in a community like that, and to think about this country without those communities really saddens me and makes me kind of worried about the future of our nation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And you know, and I appreciate that and I'll tell you what you know. The way that we're hollowing out our rural communities, which are small town's oryalmans, were built by our farm So you when you decimate the farms this way, you decimate all those communities. And what's happening is we're houlowing at rural Americans. We're also affecting every single American dinner table because when you wipe out forty five thousand farms a year, you make your food supply chain insecure. That drives up prices. That's one of the reasons we see food prices through the roof moving faster than inflation that we had that was run away a couple of years ago. It makes the food less healthy. It affects our security. Right now, we have somewhere around forty two and a half billion dollar egg trade deficit between the Biden adminstration term administration, between those two time periods. I say that because I want people know I'm not being political. It's forty two and a half billion in between those administrations, right and that was a record amount of food and agg culture proticty, we're importing rather than exports, so we're importing forty and a half million more dollars in food than we are exporting. Think about that, We're wiping out our farms at forty five thousand a year, our domestic food supply. We're depending more and more in other countries for our food. That reads like a doomsday novel, you know, I mean, we need to do something about that.
Speaker 1: Brian Reisinger land Rich Cash Poor is the book. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your time tonight and the work you're doing on behalf of not only of American farmers, but American consumers, all the rest of us. Because this matters. This matters to every single person who who eats eggs or you know, enjoys of fresh cob of corn, or you know, any kind of thing that comes off the farmland in this country. And it's time we wake up and make sure that these guys are are taken care of and they can continue to do their fine work, not only for their families, but for the rest of the country.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Brian, Well, thank you so much. I appreciate you know. We've got our new paperback additional language, Cash pour Out, available on Amazon bookstores nationwide. I just appreciate anybody who spreads the word on these issues, and I appreciate you shouldn't light on them.
Speaker 1: You bet you my pleasure, sir, the wild Man. We'll finish us off here after the news break seven WLW. It's your weekly dost from the Goo Factory of one wild Man Walker on the nightcap. And there's some good, there's some really bad, and then there's some sublime to talk about, like wild Man's love for Andy Griffith reruns. Today. You were describing to me today, wild Man. You were watching a colored a color TV episode of Andy Griffin and uh and and uh. In the episode, they made Ernest T a school crossing guard? Is that what you?
Speaker 4: Ernest T Beths is a school crossing guard? And he was throwing rocks and.
Speaker 1: Well that's why he w that's what That's what Ernest T does, is he throws rocks. So what why would why would they make him a school crossing guard if they know that he has a pensiant for throwing rocks, not exactly his safety office.
Speaker 4: Well it's television television, come on, man, So they were to make a long story short. He was worn not to throw rocks, but he said, he said, I wouldn't throw any rocks, And when Andy walked away, he said, but you didn't say anything about bricks bricks.
Speaker 7: In his bag?
Speaker 4: Do Aw's are and throwing bricks?
Speaker 3: So we fired.
Speaker 7: Him and in the meantime.
Speaker 4: Malcolm Meryweather, who appeared in them Raposos, came to town and Andy gave him the job and Ernest t baths he got a case of the goo and threat to beat him up and they were going to a fight on it. Then he found out that he was really somehow related to him through the through through his English heritage or something that was just goofy.
Speaker 1: Only on television, especially television, especially nineteen sixties television.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: But they were the golden They were the golden times of sitcoms. Though the sixties.
Speaker 4: Well, that Andy Griffiths show has not been off the air since, you know, for the last fifty something years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 4: The staying power of that show is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: The reruns play over and over and over again, sometimes twenty four hours a day, and that's why you know every episode and can probably re enact the dialogue from almost every episode of a Andy Griffiths show within five seconds of seeing what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's crazy, And if he.
Speaker 4: Asked me a favorite episode, it'd be I'd be hard pressed. I really would. I'd be hard pressed to state what that's my favorite episode because there were so many great ones, so many great ones.
Speaker 1: Now, do you also go in for Green Acres and Petticoat Junction? And I know you like Goomer piled usmc? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh, I love Gooomer pile USMC and I like green Acres too. I'm not a big Petticoat Junction guy.
Speaker 3: I like Green Acres.
Speaker 4: I was just you talking about that would have been a wacky town to live in because everybody was crazy except for Oliver Wendell Douglas. You're right, everybody was crazy.
Speaker 1: What about Bewitched?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 4: That what's for Witch? When I was younger, I don't have no desire to watch that anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you've given up your Bewitched, but you're still holding onto your Andy Griffith.
Speaker 4: With Hand gun Smoke black and white and color.
Speaker 1: Well, gun Smoke ran for over twenty years. Oh yeah, back in the days when TV series didn't run that long. You know, Gunsmoke was the frunting episode.
Speaker 4: Yes, as it was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know that.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course the riflemen. I love the riflemen.
Speaker 1: Chuck Connor, Chuck Connors, basketball star at UK. Thank you? Wasn't you a basketball star? UK?
Speaker 4: No, he didn't play at UK. He was a basketball he was a basketball Do you like the Celtics?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah? You know. It was Dave Cowen's birthday over the weekend too.
Speaker 4: What a great player.
Speaker 1: He's from right there in Newport, right?
Speaker 4: Can I want how many people drive down?
Speaker 3: I don't know who that is?
Speaker 4: You're right, my buddy, you know Dave Cowens is though, I go, get out of my face.
Speaker 1: That's what that deserves. That's what that deserves, all right, wild man, Part one here of our conversation. Let's talk about the good this weekend. And the good was you see football homecoming Baylor blowout, and plus they welcomed, uh welcome Tony Pike into the UC Athletics Hall of Fame, which I think is overdue, and Tony was gracious in accepting that and being a part of that celebration. Overall, give me your thoughts on UC football this weekend.
Speaker 4: Well, the Bearcats are now ranked number sixteen in the Coach's Pole and number seventeen and the ap pole. Of course, it was their seventh straight win and now they go face the Utah Utes and that'll be a nationally televised game on Saturday out in Utah, and Utah just beat the stuffing out of Colorado. I mean, I know Colorado is not that good, but that was an ugly game that gives to me like a ten to fifteen of the Bearcats offense going to this game was going to be matched up against Baylor's offense. That trouble was that Baylor's defense was not very good and the Bearcats took advantage of it. The Bearcats offense, I mean, I mean, I think was it Brandon Stores mean, I think it's only been sacked twice this year. They've got an offensive line that maybe the Bengals would like to tap into. If these guys are devils, will to be trapped at.
Speaker 3: The end of the season. It's amazing looking.
Speaker 4: Everything is looking good here, I know for the UC Bearcats. Now they've got a tough schedule Gary Jeff the rest of the way, they gotta play BYU here. Then they got to play I believe after that then they have It was an Arizona so their schedule is not it's not easy gets even Dupper the rest of the way.
Speaker 1: Well, I know that you're a you're a Homer, you're all things Cincinnati you love. But I gotta tell you, wild Man. The good for me this weekend was another victory by my Vanderbilt Commodores, which the V is for victory in Vanderbilt. They are seventh of the year, they're seven in one, and they're in the top ten for the first time since nineteen forty one. Diego Pavia didn't have a great game, but it was a defensive struggle in Nashville, and they outlasted of ranked Missouri team seventeen to time.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: The last three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was an incredible victory. Another one on the March, and I'm looking at Vanderbilt's record coming up. I mean, they got to play at Texas, I think, which Texas ain't all it's cracked up to be. And the only thing that bothers me about Vanderbilt's winning streak right now, wild Man is one of them came against then ranked LSU, which just fired boy Brian Kelly this week in an aftermath of a third straight loss by the LSU tigers. Are you happy about this? I'm thrilled about it. Brian Kelly, the man who said he'd never leave, you see, and then the second Notre Dame kept came calling, he was gone. And then he was at his dream job at Notre Dame and woof's it's not my dream job. LSU's offering me all this guaranteed money. Can you believe that man could walk away with fifty million dollars?
Speaker 4: I love this country, hey, And now let's let's back up here about Brian Kelly. Here when he was at UC, he was thirty four and six. He turned that program around and he said, and Garry Chef, let's let's keep the fact straight here. He said when he came here that Notre Dame was his dream job, and the way he handled it it was bad. It was bad, and a lot of fans never forgave me. But here's we go back to the thing.
Speaker 3: You know, if you.
Speaker 4: Don't like the way the rules are set up, then you change the rules. But he took he took that job, and he had to take the job at that time because you're going up in the recruiting and you're dealing with recruiting and if he didn't really take that job at that time, he could lose out a lot of recruits. And I know a lot of you see fans are happy, they're doing the happy dance over. But Brian Kelly getting fired. If he wants to get me playing in the coach somewhere, I'm sure he'll be hired again. But the walk to be paid fifty million dollars. Kudos to Brian Kelly for working forgetting that contract with LSU.
Speaker 3: They look like idiots.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not gonna big grudge him a chance to take that money. They were stupid enough to sign him for that amount of money, that guarantee a ten year deal. And you know there's some alum down in Baton Rouge that's saying, you know what, we'll we'll help you pay this off. We need to get rid of this guy. He's damaged goods and he's not doing the program any favors.
Speaker 4: You know when he was when Brian Kelly was at Notre Dame, he's all time winning his coach at Notre Dame and Gary Jeff When Brian Kelly accepted the job at LSU, you got to remember the nil money started, you know, showing its ugly face and he had to deal with a lot of that. So a lot of that. They got hurt by that because they lost a lot, a lot of a number of good players. So it's not all just you know, Brian Kelly being a lousy coach because he had a winning record there.
Speaker 7: But you know, you got to have the.
Speaker 4: Horses, and I mean, you don't have the horses, and they're going somewhere else. And the SEC is the best conference in football. Hey, they take their football series at LSU. Now, the rumor is running rampant at Penn State might be interested that Brian Kelly. I wouldn't surprise me if he went there. Brian might take a year off too, I mean that's his choice.
Speaker 1: Well, the former Penn State coach James Franklin, who came from Vanderbilt, uh, found out that the grass is not always greener when you go somewhere for more bucks. And uh, you know, I just hope this this coach at Vandy Clark Lee hangs around a while and they can continue to build off this recent football success they've had the last two years. Uh. Even though this looks like it's finally Diego Povey's last year after six.
Speaker 4: Crazy Kyli Branton soaresman, you know, to go back to about you know, the grace is not always greener. That's why I was glad that Indiana, you know, you know, jumped up the chance and extended the contract of dirt coach there. I mean, he's there forever now, he's not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: Well and after this season, can you blame them? No, the Hoosiers are hot.
Speaker 4: You gotta love it, Ohio state number one and the end of number two. But unfortunately they don't play each other during the regular season.
Speaker 1: No, no, but there is that in they're a Big ten championship game.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: Sir, yes, sir, there is all right, Uh, we've done that. Let's let's get to the bad wild man. Let's get to a blowing, blowing a fifteen point lead in the fourth quarter. Let's get to giving the game away. They were giving White Bengals caps away at yesterday's game to the first How many of one thousand fans showed up? But they didn't tell the fans that they were going to give the game away? How did this happen? Break it down?
Speaker 3: Oh, very easy.
Speaker 4: The defense, the defense, Jeff we knew We knew going into this season that the Bengals did not have a very good defense. We all knew that, but we didn't think it would be this bad in certain games. And yesterday they couldn't tackle. It was just had no pass rush. It's just it's bad. And then I hear Zach Taylor saying, well, it's unacceptable and people have to be accountable. We have to stand up. Well, let's start with Zach Taylor, because when it came down to crunch time, Gary, Jeff, Zach Taylor blew it. I'm gonna I'm gonna tell you why. At halftime on CBS, Bill Cowerd, who knows a little something about football, he doesn't have a Super Bowl ring, said the Benker should come out and run the ball because they were running the ball down the throats.
Speaker 3: Okay of the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, p Ryan p Right and Brown. P Right and Brown were both just chewing up ground in the first half of the Jets and you know what did they do. They they came out with just really ridiculous pass plays. Joe Flacco couldn't get any protection in the second half from his offensive that he got in the first half, and he couldn't connect with with Higgins or Chase because they stopped running the ball.
Speaker 4: The Bengals were up by I believe it was thirty eight thirty one, seven minutes left. The Bengals got the ball. They they you know, here, you got seven minutes left, you milk the clock, run the football, run the foot. They didn't. They didn't do one running play twenty seconds.
Speaker 3: They took off the.
Speaker 4: Clock forty seconds. Forty seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not good. They're not good clock management at all.
Speaker 4: Terrible clock management. I used to think that Marvin Lewis was bad out of me.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 4: Zach Taylor is pathetic good clock management too, and that cost the Bengals. That got cost the Bengals big time. Now defensively they stink. I don't know how they're going.
Speaker 3: To fix it.
Speaker 4: They've got you know, they keep drafting these young guys. They really didn't go out the free agency and sign anybody. They've got a major problem there defensively. But Zach Taylor on that situation, that comes down to coaching.
Speaker 3: And he blew it. He blew it.
Speaker 4: And of course the next last series they got they had three timeouts. They had three timeouts. Scared chef and tailor didn't even bother burning one. So they come up with a play to get a first down, didn't even burn any one of the timeouts. And of course Yosi Vash Andre Yosi Vash should not play this next Sunday. He should sit on the bench because he's had a case of the drops all year long, a case of the drops, major case of the drops. Targeted three times, no catches.
Speaker 1: I mean, was good when he was targeted yesterday, and he's been a little bit of an issue in the offense prior to that. Tanner Hudson was good. You know, Chase and Higgins are chasing Higgins, They're gonna be double covered in many cases, and they often were. But you know, last week when we talked after the Bengals victory over the Steelers, wild Man and we were talking about that, and I said, well, that's the way the Bengals won, the way everybody expected them to win games. If they were going to win games and high scoring affairs, just by outscoring the other opponent because their defense obviously is lacking. And this was another example of this. You're gonna have to outscore your opponent, and that means that your coach is going to have to be cognizant of what is required in making halftime adjustments and yes, clock management, which I thought Aaron Glynn did a great job of down the stretch yesterday with the Jacks.
Speaker 3: Hey sure did?
Speaker 4: I mean, when you score thirty eight points and a football game, you should win it.
Speaker 3: You should win that game.
Speaker 4: And they're playing the Bears this Sunday, the Bears. The Bengals could very well loose to the Bears. I really could, and I know so much for that. We were all thinking, oh, you know, going into the bye week, we could have three straight wins, have some of some momentum. Well that's going by the wayside. But yet here guy, I'm gonna tell you this. Right now, there's talking heads on TV and radio that have already gone out and said, well, Biggles are still close to you know, in the division because the Steelers lost too.
Speaker 10: Will you stop that crap? Stop it. It's about winning football games. It's not backing in, you know, like the Reds did in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: It's not. It is not hoping the other teams in your division suck so that you can come out on top of the teams that suck. In the NFL, it's about winning football games. It is about clock management, and it is about and tackling. I'm sorry. Tackling in the NFL should never be an option for the defense. It should be a requirement. And we see it week after week after week.
Speaker 5: Wild Man, it'd be the angle.
Speaker 4: Suggest it be an outrun by on the angle on angle plays and they run and just trying to one.
Speaker 7: Arm tackle these guys.
Speaker 4: Oh man, that's and I'm just I'm just gonna harp on the run on the running game yesterdays. The last three games, Grey Jeff have run the ball very effectively. The old line has done a great job and even protected Joe Flacco. I think he got sacked twice yesterday, maybe maybe once, but the old line has done a really good job of opening up holes. And anybody could see that. Anybody could see that yesterday. And for Zach Taylor to go away from that, what's that tell you? What's it telling you that.
Speaker 1: You know that the Jets, the Jets front four was parted like the Red Sea in a couple of plays yes in the first half, and they completely went away from what was working. And then and then and.
Speaker 4: The on the that's on the goat that's not the head coach. That's on the head coach.
Speaker 1: And and in the end, uh, nothing was working.
Speaker 4: And the press conference was Zach Taylor. Nobody brought that up at all with the being up by seven seven seven points or seven minutes left and up by seven by not running the ball, you know, throw throwing a pass. I'm not forging what they got sacked or what happened. Nobody but Joe Daniman last night on Fox nineteen brought up and brought up and said, this was the difference in the game. This is why they lost in the end with a play call and they didn't run the football.
Speaker 1: Wild man, are times done? I hope you got the goo out?
Speaker 3: Well I got to go out.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you somebody said, really the major case of the goo. I got one more major case of the goo real quick. The ass had, whoever the ass had was that broke your phone on Marty Brunhaman's statue, hopefully find them and break his hand. And Richard Petty, you talk about a guy that has the case of the goo. He has called that NASCAR for their stupid grating system and standing.
Speaker 3: He really got the ass.
Speaker 4: And when Richard petty speaks NASCAR. Better start listening.
Speaker 1: Well when you speak. Hopefully somebody's still listening wild Man, thank you by who they are. I gotta go but bye.