Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 1: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 3: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith. I want to write a novel about silence, the things people don't say.
Speaker 3: Look on me you Petro saying Money. AM five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and live in studio in Burbank is where we are. Four hour show today from live in studio and bo It's not his fault. I just want an acknowledgement, that's all. I just want to smile, want a head nod. It is your home of the Dodgers, the World Series Champion Dodgers, big victory yesterday, Little sketchy there in the ninth, and he we'll get into that today Tomorrow though, we'll be at Dodgers Stadium, first pitch, six oh eight pm from the Gaping Motors broadcast booth. It'll be game three Yoshi Yamamoto against Aaron Nola, and today between now and the end of the show at seven pm, a full four hour show.
Speaker 2: We do have a lot of giveaways.
Speaker 3: We got one pair of tickets for tomorrow's game three, so an opportunity for them to sweep the divisional round. Only eight of twenty teams that have fallen behind zero two and lost both home games have even forced a game four, so perhaps you'll be there for a celebration. Certainly seems like the Dodgers have the advantage in the pitching category, the starting pitching category with Nola, who has not been great on the road zero and six with a seventy versus Yamamoto. But we will put you in the house if you are the correct caller between now and seven pm. Will let you know when to call one pair of tickets to give away. And you said, pee, we have a plethora uprising.
Speaker 2: We do. We have bond Jovie tickets to give away sort of right, Well, We have four pairs of tickets to an iHeart album preview with John bon Jovi on Thursday at the iHeart Theater here in Burdbank. John is going to share exclusive first listen tracks from Forever, the Legendary Edition, and backstory about the album. It's kind of like an inside the actors studio with the musician. But people love John bon Jovi out of New Jersey, I mean the absolutely. I know the Dodgers are playing Philly right now and all that, and he's a big Philly guy, but people do love John bon Jovie.
Speaker 3: You can maybe really give him the business on Thursday, make it a miserable trip for him by wearing all your Dodger get into there, you know, because he's a Phillies. He's in Eagles, he's always doing the national anthem at their games.
Speaker 2: Well, we do have four pair to give away. There, we go four opportunities. It didn't say you couldn't wear that in there. It might be a little insensitive. You know, he is John bon Jovie. He's nice enough to come share stories with you. I think if bon Jovie got all bent out of shape that people had Dodger gear on and an LA radio station that carries the Dodgers. Then that's on bon Jove. Probably, you know, he makes a lot of money off a lot of people that aren't just Philly fans.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing he's he's getting a pretty good bang for his buck out of the folks at iHeart with the Forever Legendary Edition album. Should We Open a phones? What is your favorite bon Jovi song? Allow?
Speaker 2: I was talking to Tim Kats and he was one two I only know living on a Prayer.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, you don't, you know at least ten more bon Jovi? What about dead or Alive?
Speaker 2: And he was like, oh yeah, no no.
Speaker 3: What about bad medicine? Nope, you don't know bad medicine.
Speaker 4: Your love is like bad medicine.
Speaker 3: That medicine is what I need.
Speaker 2: Shake it up.
Speaker 3: It's like bad medicine. You don't know that, never heard of it. What about you give Love a bad name? Their first big.
Speaker 2: Hit, Shot to the Hall and your to name Baby, you give love a bad name?
Speaker 4: I play my part and you play your game.
Speaker 2: You give love a bad name? Okay, so I know three songs? Okay, yeah, that's it. What about no no, no, no, no, no, no no no no, no no no no no no no no no no no no, Yeah, I don't know what you're doing. Okay, what about Young Guns? The movie that was solo? It was solo, but it's still I'm shot.
Speaker 5: In glory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't rain me. Come on, really, Young Guns too, you can keep singing. I don't recognize shoves shoves. I know the movie. I don't recognize the song, though. What about I say We're living in love, they say we're living in sin. That's another good one. Can you sing it for me? I say we're living in love, they say we're living in sin.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Have I not sung enough?
Speaker 4: It's my life.
Speaker 2: I don't want to live.
Speaker 3: This is a good one. I'll be there for you these five words. I swear to you.
Speaker 6: When I breathe, I want to be the air for you, and when you breathe, I want to be the air for you, be there for you.
Speaker 4: I die for you.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that was the stops the sky for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, now Matt's cheating. I'm going raw dog.
Speaker 1: I was out.
Speaker 3: I was out of the row dog. But at least I plant the seed and then you can sing all the lyrics, which I'll get wrong, but at least I pulled out.
Speaker 5: No no, no, no, no no no no no no.
Speaker 3: Na nervousy goodbye. I'm out, nervousy goodbye. You don't remember that one. I don't recognize that our ballad? Uh, I think that's it. I don't reckon. There's like sixty songs on here. Oh you were born to be my baby, was born to be your man?
Speaker 2: That's another one. Come on, don't recognize it? Should we give away a pair right now? Let's do it right now. Let's make the guys sing with us.
Speaker 3: It's idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eight sixty six ninety seven, two five seventy. Who wants to go see John Bond Jovie?
Speaker 3: Talk about talk about Forever the Legendary edition and give you a backstory on the album.
Speaker 2: And we are your home of the world champion Dodgers Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. The Dodgers won last night in Philadelphi, Crazy Game Game three the NL Divisional Series, and we'll be there tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Oh, look at this is tomorrow. Lines are packed, are they really? Everybody wants to see bon Jovi? Yeah? We got a Jerry, we got a Fernando, we got a Paul, We got a Dean, we got a Walter.
Speaker 2: I just want to sing, man, right, I want somebody to sing, you know? But anyway, we got Yoshi Yamamoto versus Nola. Did Matt just say that?
Speaker 3: Uh? Not recently?
Speaker 2: And we have one pair of tickets to tomorrow's game three to give away. Not now though, but right now we're giving away the bon Jovi. We have four pairs of tickets a bon Jovi to give away. Can this guy sing?
Speaker 3: Kates?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but he's the winner. Todd and Rancho koukamonga Todd Kidney, Todd and Rancho Kook. How's it going, Todd? You're a winner to meet John bon Jovi, or at least stand in the same room with him. Are you ready?
Speaker 7: Todd?
Speaker 5: There you go?
Speaker 8: Sure? What am I doing again?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Come on, Todd, and you sing bon Jovi music? Are you a bon Jovi fan?
Speaker 2: Todd? You're about a pubic care away from getting you are?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Favorite bon Jovi song? Favorite john Jovi song?
Speaker 8: Probably a runaway.
Speaker 2: I'll do the keys.
Speaker 3: Dunt dun dun dunt nut dn't dun dun dunt, don't don't don't don't, don't, don't don't don't doom doom, don't, don't, don't don't doom doom, don't, don't, don't, don't don't, don't, don't don't.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: Yes, I like that. Yeah, that's all I know with that song is that that keyboard opening with that dude with the crazy hair. We can't sing along with you, Todd. But hey, he named Runaway, so I guess that means he's a really zobe fan. I mean, come on, this guy's attitude and these little too cools.
Speaker 2: Can we legally take a prize away from somebody?
Speaker 3: No, we can't. I don't think at least.
Speaker 2: Sure we can just hang up and say we didn't. Hey, Todd, do you do you really want to go to this? Yeah? I live you do this? I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I like that.
Speaker 7: Okay two days from now, Okay, you're gonna do this. Yeah you're gonna go. Yeah, I'm gonna go congratulate.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 3: That works for us. That guy's a real lead balloon? Who was when he pulled out Runaway? I was like, Okay, bon jovie, guys.
Speaker 2: Not every guys sing for us and make us feel better. No, no, now I'm done.
Speaker 4: Never see goodbye.
Speaker 3: Hello. I feel like Steve Martin three coins INNA. We're gonna have.
Speaker 2: David vas David Vasse live from the Dodger Workout is gonna be on next and we have Dodger Talk tonight at seven o'clock with David Vass, so we'll have all the latest David Vass ben to work back at three in the morning.
Speaker 3: Well, Tim Kates did do Dodger Talk last night after doing six to nine on Scam, did he right, Kates? Yeah, I had Dodgers Talk last Yeah, so Kate's does Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's right after the game, and.
Speaker 3: He's got three hours of scam and he's got to produce our show from for four hours, no sweat off our back and we just started. But this is remember this is kind of the time of year when you get a Kate's DV showdown over who's working harder, over who's burning Well, Daves, that's what I mean. Dave's on the road. But Kate's is like, hey man, I'm up at four every morning prepping a three hour morning show. I'm booking guests all day. I got to work with these two clowns in the afternoon, and then half the time I got to do Dodger talk, and then daid, oh, yeah, well, you know, Dave of course pushes back. I'm on the road. I'm getting interviews, I'm doing Instagram lives, I'm doing interviews for iHeart who Knows Where all the time in order to be a good corporate partner. And I feel like the two of them really whip it out and start measuring. It's still early, Matt. It's only the DS once we get to the NLCS.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was thinking, like, I don't remember last year scam going all the way through the World Series. That must have knocked everybody out clean. It was a month, the entire month of October last year.
Speaker 3: Geez oh, Kate's was counting his money man. Every day he was counting. It was a full month of a daily you know, a daily payday. I heard Damn Ruby had a two room suite at Grand Canyon University.
Speaker 2: I was going super big olds all day, all day. Yeah, I forget that. I'm not even getting a half big gold. You want a Vente sert Damn right, I do. I've been working scam all a five dollar tip.
Speaker 3: Cats is the guy with the remember that when seven eleven sold that barrel that you could bring back into refill. It was like ninety six ounces of soda. That's the plan that you were on. At Chipotle, They're like, do you want avocado for three fifty sir? I said, gosh, Charlotte, I've been working scam all month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, you know, seven dollars worth of avocados.
Speaker 3: Right, I'll take that quak on the side please.
Speaker 2: All right. So if you thought that was annoying, you're not going to believe the way the people in Philadelphia are reacting to the way that the now you know it was a destiny. You heard whatever everybody's been saying. The Dodgers were out there in Philly before the season ended, and they beat the Dodgers and they clenched the division, and I said something like, man, they cut them.
Speaker 3: They clinched the playoff spot here, I believe, right, Kates, and they celebrated they didn't at Dodger Stadium sprayed champagne all over.
Speaker 2: So that's my bad corrections and retractions. I'm sorry, I'm too stupid. Yeah, they polluted right, they were here, so their studio show was back in Philly and they did like I was watching the Philly broadcast that they did like a cutaway during the game, and I saw like the three or four guys, and I'm sure they're all household names in Philadelphia and very famous baseball players. I didn't see Chase Sutley or anything, but I saw them and I was they were like and I was like, geez, they cut away and those guys were just wild. I remember saying that on the show and you said something like, of course it's Philly, what are your things? And it was like yeah, but this was like they were really like the host Evehn was like not like a polished host type. He was more like a you know, like screaming gunnerily. And then last night, uh, it went viral on Twitter that the postgame show not the not the one guy I sent you the Philly postgame Show. They were getting crazy on each other about base running and about cast ianos and all that.
Speaker 9: My dad used to say, I don't care what he did. I want to know what you did. And what Rob Thompson did was not pinch run.
Speaker 2: He bunned with Scott when he could have pinched run.
Speaker 4: Could not.
Speaker 2: Run the guy because he had to hold on Bader Vader, could not run the bases.
Speaker 9: Walk you would have to let him walk the second the man, he.
Speaker 1: Would have been done if he would have had to run, he probably would have wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have had him run.
Speaker 9: But that's that's how you gotta be thinking. Come on, and.
Speaker 2: Then he starts clad loving him. Come on, I just like I was, like, I cannot imagine John hard tongue with the hardest tongue in all of media, clicking his tongue and yelling at no mar and Jay Hare and Jay Hare come on or Oral or the d train like I don't. I I was just dumbfounded by I.
Speaker 3: Was dumbfounded by the very beginning and the life lesson he learned from his father. I was trying to follow along with Wade's.
Speaker 2: If you're in a fight and you're like, say, the other guy punched me, and he said, I don't care what the other guy did.
Speaker 9: Used to say, I don't care what he did. I want to know what you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't know what context that. And then they I'll just start screaming, I have no idea what they're talking about.
Speaker 9: Was not pinch run.
Speaker 3: He bunned with Scott when.
Speaker 2: He pinch run.
Speaker 5: He could not have.
Speaker 2: Run the guy because he had a hold on Bader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Darth Vaderader. Oh, I was gonna say, Vader can't run now with that helmet and that cloak and that dress on.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm sorry. Uh that really kind of set me back a little bit. Yeah, you fired that off to us last night. I found it wildly entertaining. I was like geez, and then like somebody was even worse.
Speaker 3: This is bad. I feel like we should have like a disclaimer on this one before we let this thing fire off. Why it's he's really annoying. This guy's like, well listen here, you look who you're talking to. You've done radio with me for twenty years. I just like this, not like this at all?
Speaker 4: What a discreet what eighth disgrace.
Speaker 3: You're not like this at all.
Speaker 10: You are so lucky. Who's this guy's name, Dave Roberts bring.
Speaker 3: His name is Hunterville Body, Billyson.
Speaker 2: Hunter Body.
Speaker 3: I believe he doesn't fanatic.
Speaker 10: You are so lucky. Dave Roberts's brain dead because there's no reason to not have Sasaki in the ninth Inny whom they damn do.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, when the team is.
Speaker 4: So stupid and a manager on the other side.
Speaker 10: Does something that should be fatal Fato that decision should have murdered the Dodgers in Game two.
Speaker 5: It should have absolutely blown up in his face.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, but.
Speaker 10: Rob Thompson said, watch this. You want to see stupid. I'll give you stupid.
Speaker 4: Give it up and down. All the momentum in the world.
Speaker 10: It was crashing down on it was crashing down all the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: They were letting it slip. They were giving you a golden opportunity to.
Speaker 2: Get past Wait wait, wait, wait wait, I just want to say that. I mean, we've done this for a living for twenty years. It's not exactly rocket science.
Speaker 3: But that ain't it. I don't know like that, ain't it? Whatever?
Speaker 2: That is what we're doing. Is this what people respond to this?
Speaker 3: If you guys are sticking this dead head local gig, get a follow by lead and go dash itel Like, I understand we've been in the same job for twenty years and some might frown upon that and look down on us. But it's a pretty good gig. Drive time in Los Angeles. I feel like it's a pretty good gig.
Speaker 10: But no, no, I don't think it's trying to move a rhino Nick Costianos over to third and give up. And now it's dumb baseball, So you counter Dave Roberts's dumb baseball, which some think dumb?
Speaker 3: How that?
Speaker 10: Let me be very clear, please, did you have the mean issue with this team? Trey Turner, Bryce Harper and Kyle Schwarver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two for twenty one.
Speaker 4: The main issue is that.
Speaker 11: And boom two old count baby, let's see you give it a h Swinging at trash, swinging at vomit.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, wait wait Now we did all come up and enjoy Sam Kennison's comedy, did we not?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But that was comedy. This is just the not what this is. This is, this is ironic. I would say, this is the comic comedy.
Speaker 11: Swinging at trash, swinging at vomit, swinging at something that wasn't in the heart of the meat and potatoes of the plane on a two O coun smart baseball, Bob, here you go, gad.
Speaker 2: That right there. It's sarcasm. That was very, very aggressive. And there's something about the Philly people where they clap yeah like they like they're mad.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: And then there's.
Speaker 4: Smart baseball Boomer. Here you go, kid, that's right here, kid, I wait to go, Bud.
Speaker 10: Good Stove, quality baseball, winning baseball, winning playoff baseball.
Speaker 5: Ain't that right?
Speaker 4: Boomber, great Stove?
Speaker 3: Who's uh, forgive my Philly ignorance. Who's Boomer? Is that Schwarber? I don't Schwarber. Seems like boom ohs boom Yeah. I got you, Boomer, I got you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know Matt gets a little angry sometimes during the top story of the day, and he can get angry incongruously because you know.
Speaker 3: It's I regret it almost immediately.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a hard sport, you know, and it's hard to hit the ball. Say, it's the hardest thing in all them It.
Speaker 4: Was crashing down all the Dodgers. They were letting it slip.
Speaker 10: They were giving you a golden opportunity to get back in the share.
Speaker 3: Rash people watch that. Is he like popular? Or did we just stumble upon this? You know, that's a great question, is it? That's what I was trying to figure out, Like, is he? I guess? Oh you know what? I think? I still have the link you sent me so I can. It's got two hundred and fifty six thousand of views. Okay, well, I would say, but is that because it went viral? Because because he screamed himself inside.
Speaker 2: Out says he's a host of WIP Radio at Philadelphia. He also worked for Bleacher Report. So I guess that's how it is. I mean, I guess that's how we are reacting in the moment. If you're a Philly type vomit, swinging at vomit, swinging at trash. I believe was it.
Speaker 3: I think it was either Frank Either its Frank Robinson that said, uh swinging again that hitting against Sandy Kofax was like eating soup with a fork. So I think this is maybe as eloquent as that was. This is sort of the Philly version. I think you could have said all that stuff without, you know, screaming.
Speaker 5: Swinging at trash, swinging at vomit.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a pretty good clip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. It's a good nugget. You went earthed there, and then the craze clapping, Yeah, here.
Speaker 4: You go, Cad, you're kid, way to go, Bud. Good stuff, good good, high quality.
Speaker 10: Baseball, winning baseball, winning playoff baseball.
Speaker 4: Ain't that right, Boober? Great stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're unhinged.
Speaker 2: Well, would you rather listen to that? Or would you last rather listen to Matt? And I go, I'm a cowboy. You wanna steal horse?
Speaker 5: Swinging at trash, swinging that.
Speaker 3: Vomit, wanting water.
Speaker 4: It was crashing down on it.
Speaker 3: Then I walk these streets.
Speaker 4: What's crashing? Get on the Dodgers. It slips were gidding you an opportunity to.
Speaker 3: Get the race because I might not make it back live being everywhere.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, come on.
Speaker 3: From the bottle that you drink sometimes when you're hello, and oh.
Speaker 5: You do is thing smart?
Speaker 4: Paseball Berber.
Speaker 2: Here you go, cat, because I'm a cowboy, he on to steal.
Speaker 4: Horsid righty or cat? Hey the way? Waiting go Bud.
Speaker 2: And I'm wanting.
Speaker 10: Good stuff, good high quality baseball, winning baseball, waiting playoff base point.
Speaker 4: I right, Bomber, great stuff, never say goodbye.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: David Massa will join us live from Dodger Stadium. When I was coming up to five, right there by Griffith Park, Philly's buses were going by the opposite direction. I was right around the one fifteen one twenty ish prep zone area, singing about how many people on the other side of the five going south.
Speaker 5: My real.
Speaker 3: I just stuck my middle finger out.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, just like Jerry Jones.
Speaker 10: Jerry Jones winning baseball, winning playoff base point.
Speaker 5: I right boomber.
Speaker 3: He bummer.
Speaker 2: When that guy's head hit the pillow, does he like Yeah? Quarter a million views clocked in one tonight. I showed him viral, showed him who I was.
Speaker 3: Viral.
Speaker 5: Swinging at trash, swing it at vomed.
Speaker 2: He holds the vomit holds everything. I can't do that like my voice. My voice would be gone swinging at.
Speaker 5: Trash, swinging at vomited.
Speaker 1: We'll be back with David Vasse live from Dodger Stadium neck. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Speaker 3: Road Trip all summer with LA Sports, Petro sand Money, AM five to seventy Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Full four hour show today and after US at seven pm will be Dodger Talk that'll be hosted by David Vasse, who right now is brought to you by Service Titan Southern California. Commercial and residential contractors using service Titan software typically see a seventeen percent increase in revenue in their first two years. Earn more of visit servicetitan dot com. Individual results may vary.
Speaker 1: The One and only David Vase all of the Dodge Days with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vass Report with David Vasse.
Speaker 2: When it comes to dealing with the Baseball Dodgers, David Vase is number one for he is with the team, he is embedded. He knows what's happening before you know what's happening. He knows the attitudes of the opponent, and he knows the attitudes of the boys in Blue MLB Network and of course Spectrum Sports NETADL and right here on AMPI seventy LA Sports known as the Real DV at the Real DV on X. Thank you Dave, and thank you for joining us. We are so happy to have you and welcome home.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I'm out here at Dodger Stadium. The Phillies are doing their part of their workout. They landed this morning in Los Angeles, or this afternoon in Los Angeles, Bryce Harper. Everyday Trey taking batting practice out here. Bryce Harper actually said he loves coming to Los Angeles. He grew up a big Dodger fan in Las Vegas. He actually was one of the players that showed up in the press box on one of his visits to say goodbye to Vince Scully. And the Phillies are wearing their baby Blues throwback seventies uniforms for these two games. The players went to their manager and said, hey, we want to wear these in LA So that's what they got on and that's what you'll see tomorrow night, Dave.
Speaker 3: Since we're starting Phillies, what's the idea behind Aaron Nola? You look at the numbers and he's zero and six with a seven era on the road this year. How does that sort of jibe with the idea that the Phillies are going up against perhaps the guy you could say, is the ace of the Dodger staff and Yamamoto.
Speaker 8: Hey, the Phillies beat writers and media where Pepper and Rob Thompson about that just about a half hour ago in the press conference room quizzing him on why Nola is the guy and not Ranger Suarez, and his explanation was that Nola was good in his last start and he has more faith in him basically starting the game tomorrow. Everybody's questioning this decision. Ranger Suarez will come out of the bullpen for the Phillies at some point, but a lot of the Philly media are asking the same question, why isn't Ranger Suarez starting the game? And could it be similar to their cloths? Are Joean Durant coming into the first two games when it was mop up times?
Speaker 2: How upset were people? I mean, We've been playing some clips from some Philly media and it's kind of hard to imagine that they get that angry and that unhint.
Speaker 5: Swinging a trash, swinging a vombit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you find that all around the town, Dame? I mean mostly you go around to town and it's I mean, you know, it's not as crazy as we would imagine or we would purport on radio or TV. But do you get that vibe? I mean, are they that insane?
Speaker 8: Things change? The mood of that city changed. After the Eagles lost their game to the Broncos on Sunday, I was out just trying to get some dinner walking and there were a lot of angry people out there, a very uneasy city. I agree with you, unhinged city. Bad sports weekend in Philadelphia with the Sillies losing both home games and the Eagles making everybody sad on Sunday. So yeah, it is a very uh it's weird how emotional and how they allowed the mood of their day change over one football game or one baseball game. I know the East Coast is different, but it just seems a little extreme to me. And after tomorrow night, they're going to be really sad when these baby Blues go packing home back to Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Is U was Rob Thomas that bad?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: I mean he made some I don't everybody's second guessing him on why he had stop a left handed hitter spunt in that situation. But look, it took a great play by Mookie Bets and Max Months he to get Castianos out. If he's there safe, nobody's second guessing him. But a lot of people around baseball were also wondering the same thing. Why would he have stot bunt in that situation instead of just allowing him to try to hit the ball to the right side or get a fly all in that situation. So right now, Rob Thompson is under fire for the decision to have Aaron Nola pitch tomorrow and also that decision to have stopped funt in that situation. And also, guys, you know Joe on Duran, the game was on the line in the seventh inning last night and he chose not to use him try to use them in a classic closer style. A lot of people are wondering that as it was happening in real time.
Speaker 3: You mentioned a bunt, Dave, You're very close with Freddie. He had a really cool elongated answer in the post game about how that whole thing came together. You're with this team all the time, Like, how hard is it to execute that play? Do in fact they ever practice it? Whose idea was it? Like give us everything you got on it, because it certainly seems like the play of the night.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Well, Number one, the Dodgers have not practiced it since spring training. Number two, the last time they even talked about it or executed it was when the Dodgers were in Anaheim in the middle of the summer, and it was Miguel Rojas that initiated that. And last night. Mookie Betts told us after the game that he remembered that play and that conversation, and as the Dodgers were making the pitching change with alex Vestia, Mookie Betts was the one that came up with that idea and insisted that they're going to bunt and we've got to execute this wheel play. We've got to do the wheel play. It was all Mookie Betts. It wasn't Dave Roberts, it wasn't Miguel Rojas, it wasn't Max Munsey, but everybody was on board. So credit Mookie Betts, who is in his first full year playing that position at shortstop, that decided that that game change in play needed to take place, and it paid off. They executed it without Mounsey's throw, without Mookie selling it the way he did. That game goes upside down.
Speaker 2: And feels like something if the Dodgers go a lot further that we will remember going forward as a pivotal moment. David Vass is our guest. Rob Thompson, I'm sorry, I thought it was the guy from Matchbox twenty who's got me into baseball. Just three him.
Speaker 3: Al must be lonely, I said, baby.
Speaker 2: We've been doing a lot of singing here today, DAB. A lot of people are very excited about the Dodgers and you coming home. But one thing that's kind of been lost with all the late game chaos is Blake Snell's performance again and just how locked in that guy is right now. I know it's near and dear to you, but can you give us some perspective on what snell Zilla's doing this postseason?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and again a lot of disrespect for what Blake Snell did last night. He was outstanding because Luzardo was outstanding and retired seventeen straight Dodgers. And without Blake Snell pitching the way he did, the Dodgers don't win that game. That stadium was just anticipating any little thing could allow them to erupt. And if he gives up a run or two, that game is much different than a scoreless tie going into the seventh inning last night, and without him pitching the way he did, the Dodgers don't win that game. And incredibly disrespectful. Only two questions in that postgame press conference about a guy that pitched the Dodgers to a game to win again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hit, six innings, No, runs, like you said, matching Lozardo pitch for pitch, allowing the Dodgers' bats to wake up after Lozardo exited the game. Obviously, Dyve, you know the even though they won there, there are a lot of questions about the idea behind not going to what everybody thinks is their closer for the postseason in Sasaki. Ultimately, he did have to save their ass. But what do you make just you know, of the idea of what Dave said that he didn't know if Roki could do it two days out of three. I thought that seemed a little weird, and why he opted to go the trining route instead of just putting Sasaki out there that mode through that lineup in Game one.
Speaker 8: I completely agree. He had to use Roki Sasaki anyway twice in three days, So if he was concerned about that, why did he bring him in in that do or die situation? Roki should have started that inning or in my opinion, Emt Sheehan could have finished the game. But talking to some players, guys, they they were on board with him going to try and him because at some point you're going to have to use trin and you're going to have to use Tanner Scott this postseason, and fortunately the Dodgers found out what they did in that ninth inning and won the game. Even with all that being said, So, look, Dave Roberts is a loyal guy, but the reality is Blake Trenon just hasn't had a good season. He's not the same guy from a year ago. And you have to imagine that last year's postseason run and how much he was used. He threw more pitches in Game five of the World Series last year than he ever had thrown in any appearance long time in release. So you know, I don't think Blake Trenny should be booed the way he was. I'm I think Dodger fans need to give him a little bit more grace considering he helped them win the World Series last year. But certainly ninth inning, I don't think you'll see that again.
Speaker 3: Totally understandable that it wasn't brought up because the guy you know, pitched his ass off in Game one. But again, a rough go for Otani at the plate. Now he does have the RBI single, so that certainly helped in a tight game. But kind of what do you seeing, Dave? What do you make of the way that this NLDS has gone compared to the Wild Card Round for Otani at the plate?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's weird. It just feels like sometimes this happens with any hitter. Obviously the expectations are a lot higher for him, but any hitter, sometimes you just are not seeing the ball well, and unfortunately for him, it's had a bad time in this series. I don't think it's because he pitched Game one. I know the batting average isn't what it usually is when he pitches, but I just don't think he's seen the ball well out of those lefties hands. It'll be interesting to see tomorrow night coming out of the hand of Aaron Nola, tomorrow night, whether or not he picks up the baseball more than he has against Sanchez and Luzardo. But I think, I hate to say it, it's sometimes as simple as that he's just not seen the ball well.
Speaker 2: David Vasse is our guest. He's at Dodger Stadium. He's got Dodger Talk tonight at seven o'clock. Very exciting time to be a Dodger fan, as they are up two to zero in a five game series with the Phillies headed perhaps to the NLCS. What kind of chance did the Phillies have to turn this around? It would be pretty epic meltdown by the boys in Blue if they did.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the Phillies haven't hit a home run in this series. And an interesting stat about Dodger Stadium, which used to be a pitcher's ballpark but certainly has turned into a hitters ballpark. And Bryce Harper even mentioned that in his press conference today, how the ball flies out of Dodger Stadium. Now, this season, there were eighty nine more home runs hit in Dodger home games than in Dodger road games. And that's from both sides, right, So I would expect to see more balls go over the wall than what we have seen in the past. So yeah, I would expect more chances of a home run. And you know, the Dodgers have only hit one home run ta Oscars big home run. So yeah, these are two of the best slugging teams in baseball, and we really haven't seen it in the first two games. And Harper credited the great pitching from both sides that have neutralized the hitters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, daven you know, we look at Otani and we see one for nine and it's like, oh yeah, I could totally see that finishing four for thirteen and being respectable coming out of it after you know, this game three.
Speaker 2: But what about Harper, Turner and Schwarbrough.
Speaker 3: I mean, you got the batting champ, the home run champ, and a guy that's nearly top ten and ops in Harper and they're two for two twenty one. Is it as simple as they certainly couldn't figure out Blake Snell and they couldn't figure out Otani, Like what's going on with their big three?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean let's start with Blake Snell. I kind of told you guys about how good Snell's been against this lineup. Yeah, and that proved out to be true again last night. It was that same way when he pitched seven innings against them in September. So it's not a good matchup for them. And they were even telling people that they just don't see the ball well out of Snell's hand. That's a big part of it as well. Everyone is the individual. And right now, the Phillies has got to be pressing because they've lost nine out of their last eleven postseason games and they're being reminded about it at every turnof.
Speaker 2: Tough to be at Philadelphia, Philly, and a lot better to be a Dodger today. We'll see how it plays out tomorrow. Dave Well listening on Dodger Talk, thank you for spending a little time and have a great show tonight and we'll see you tomorrow at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 8: Okay, guys, thank you for the warning.
Speaker 3: Thank you Dave.
Speaker 2: They did blow up the chicken Man in Philly. You're swinging a vomit. He'll be back with Mark Petres and Money on AM five seventy LA Sports. We are your home of the Dodgers, who are up two to oh in the NLDS.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Ronde.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Beg to thank you to davidss out at Dodger Stadium. He will have Dodger Talk tonight.
Speaker 5: We have.
Speaker 3: One pair of tickets for the game tomorrow. We're going to be out there in our suite, wireless mics on the field, and we suspect that it will be considerably, considerably more electric of an atmosphere from a media standpoint than it was for the wildcard round, which truly left us gobsmacked and dumbfounded at how little attention was being paid to the Dodgers and read series. But with the Dodgers up to nothing, with Yamamoto on the mound, and with the opportunity to punch a ticket to the NLCS, we suspect that all the national folk going to be out there, all the international media going to be out there, and it certainly will be a hell of a broadcast for us. So between now and the end of the show at seven pm, we'll give away a pair of tickets to get you into Dodger Stadium tomorrow for Game three and an opportunity to wrap up this divisional round and punch their ticket into the NLCS.
Speaker 2: Are we not talking about the Lebron thing.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give it any pub I mean, I don't think, although I guess the question is what percentage of our audience if we talk about it, is going to go out and buy what he's pushing.
Speaker 2: What's he pushing?
Speaker 3: Have you? Yeah, we definitely don't want to give it a click case. Let's not give it the luxury of the view of that one. Don't want that. Well, hopefully we can set up.
Speaker 2: It's the only reason we're not doing it is because the Dodgers are in the playoffs, because if we had just normal great sports stop going on.
Speaker 3: We're destroying him today over this, like we're going insane. Yes, it's arguably, I think you can make a I think you can make a pretty compelling case.
Speaker 2: Rodney might even tweet us angry. Yeah, that's how mad we would get that. The decision was the pivot point in Lebron's career, not just going to the decision when he went to Connecticut to tell Jim Gray that he was leaving Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Taking his talents to South Beach to go to Miami. Yeah, and letting down the Cleveland fan base, the state where he was born. Just a kid from Acre in Ohio, you know that whole thing. Yeah, whatever, I'm going not to Miami to play for the heat in pat Riley. But the way he worded it, I'm going to South Beach was very uncomfortable, and from that moment, Lebron went from being, you know, truly one of the most beloved and it was hard to say anything bad about him. He was trying to do it in Cleveland. He was an unselfish player, he was doing it with a pretty crappy supporting cast, and from that moment kind of villain Lebron arrive so to harken back to it and to do it, and it was just a publicity thing. Hennessy Konyak. He answered the question with I'm taking my talents to Hennessy VSOP. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a it's a cognac. Yeah, but I don't know what I'm taking my talents to promotes. You're going to be a Hennessy promotion.
Speaker 3: Oh, I guess that's what it was. And it was it was not.
Speaker 2: Didn't Hennessy uh sponsor his song that he did with two Chains, don't know? I think they might. So he's had a long unless it was Covasier, but he's had a long, long maybe with the cognac. Yeah, a long love affair with cognac and wine. European wines mostly not some most some California juice, but mostly Europeans.
Speaker 3: Has been been a big whino in the last two years. Remembers he and the Steve Nash podcast are he and the JJ Reddick podcast for them drinking wine and talking ball. So he's become a whino. Now he's a golfer and he's a connak guy. Maybe you can't find you there. Lebron and Peter did text me about that, Yes, me as well. It's funny that he texted us individually as well.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 3: What did he say? He look hold On said, I heard you guys were giving me the business. I love it. I love you guys, he wrote.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: His neighbor Tom tracked him down.
Speaker 2: I hadn't been on for a while, my neighbor. You made my Dabor's day yesterday. I was suited in going to work. The guy came out of his house and was loving me, getting crushed. I was honored.
Speaker 3: He's like, you can tell they like you. But see, I think he sent us the same text separately. Yeah, it looks copied and posted and that's that's not cool. Yes either, Geeter, but but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Lebron, Yeah, I was pitching Hennessy because a lot of people thought like, maybe he's gonna say he's gonna retire at the end of the year.
Speaker 3: I had just assumed it was Amazon Prime because he does stuff for Amazon and it's Prime Day today, and so Kate's was the one to first sniff that out. But we figured it was some stupid product pitch, and the market for Laker tickets spiked last night before the announcement of Some other people thought that it was going to be a retirement announcement, and instead, like all of his other dumbass stuff on social media these days, it was just another commercial. I did like the one tweet though. I think it was a female that zoomed in on the dude sitting in the chair opposite Lebron that was like, who's this guy? He was like, Yeah, I don't know who this random dude is. Everybody know it's like some kindly that's what it was, because but we didn't know it was Hennessy's beforehand, and so everyone's like, yeah, we know who Jim Gray is. Whatever you may think of him, at least you know who he is. When he's sitting there. It's like, who's this dude, why is he sitting there in a tweed coat? But yeah, it was, I mean not out of character for Lebron. I guess somebody who just does doesn't doesn't really read the room. Well, everybody's expecting you to retire after this year, or at least say, hey, this is my last year. I'm only going to play one. More So when you do something like that, like I don't know signing is a free agent with the Lakers and saying you want to give everybody free Blaze pizza. Come out to my location. I'll meet you there, and then you don't show up. You just dust it even acknowledged knowledge that you dusted it. That's very similar. A lot of people thinking know this. I'm a big Lebron fan. I hope he's not retiring. I can't wait to hear what the decision is. He wants me to buy a two hundred dollars bottle of con Yeah, got it.
Speaker 2: Hard to like. Arry. All right, we'll be back with more Petro saying money. We'll have your word number. Song of to day, Danny Canal. We'll talk some college football with us. In the next hour. We'll whip around the nation with our friend Danny Canal. We have some local knowledge, something interesting with a lot of the big events coming to town that a lot of people didn't think about. A lot of baseball talk, quick hits, Dead and Alive, Dodger talk coming up at seven. Thank you for being here. The Petro Some Money Show on am FI seventy LA Sports Thing doll on a two terminal Tuesday,