Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy LA sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacas, terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith. The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: There's pigeons now on Market Square. She's standing in her underwear.
Speaker 2: Gone Spectrus Money Sports Alive everywhere on the iHeartRadio app short two hour show. This is our two. It was a flex alert. We started early because we got Bulls Clippers Clippers at Bulls five o'clock tip pregame at four with Adam Oslin, Carlo on the call, Carlo Heimenes TikTok, Carlo board member at the Southern California Sports Broadcasters Award.
Speaker 3: I bet he'd like to have this black barbie doll.
Speaker 2: I bet he'd like to have the Freedom Train Award.
Speaker 3: Oh I bet he would. You're right.
Speaker 2: He's on the board, exactly right. He's on the board Southern California Sports Broadcasters.
Speaker 4: And speaking on the board speaking of the black Barbie doll, Matt. You can see on Instagram there's a video on the AMI seventy Instagram of an act. They cut out the part where I showed that you drew a puzzo on the calendar. Oh Man, why be getting so soft? I don't know, ask intern Matt.
Speaker 3: I mean social media, Matt.
Speaker 4: Some of that social medium is back from now. He's gone soft. He's got the Aloha spirit in him. But you did get a picture of the black made to move basketball barbie that we are giving away. So you want to get to social media and check that out. Matt, and everybody should get out to see us, because we're gonna be at herb on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Threety six. Dja's restauranter brue House, Irvine, easily accessible, right up, easily accessible, right off the five freeway. Say we got a westing House fifty eight inch Zumo TV. Sorry for the pause, p I just see it, and I say, fifty eight inches.
Speaker 4: You can't believe how big it is. I know, I mean super Bowl is coming. You're gonna be able to hang in Sunday Redwood. It's like that Swift song where she saw Travis Kelsey's puzzo and her eyes bugged out and she talked about it, how it caught her attention. That's how the fifty eight inch got gotcha. That's right, right, Like that's so big it's hard for me to process. Right there on the corner of Jamboree and Irvine.
Speaker 2: Boulevard, Redwood is the Valor. Listen right off the five at Jamboree, couple of blocks. Make sure if you intend to be a winner, because we want people that want to win. You've got a vehicle that can house and transport a fifty eight inch Westernhouse zoom O TV, Smart TV, experience more time watching, less time app hop and you can buy Western House TV's at Best Buy, your Amazon. Thank you Brett for that. That's our grand prize and that's happening in Irvine this Thursday, forty eight hours from now, will be started three to six pm. How about that.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be prety on hame on that that cast me outside is right, Matt cast me outside at Irvine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with that Western House TV is how we're gonna cast you.
Speaker 4: I hope they have written vows, and he mentions the song that she wrote about as Puzzo in the written vows. I think we should listen to Redwood here and go over the lyrics. I'd rather not.
Speaker 3: I love you so much. I wrote lyrics about your poots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd rather put rather not do that local knowledge for you, Matt, because when it comes to your knowledge, there's a lot of things that you are knowledgeable about, but sometimes you don't know what.
Speaker 3: Is knowledge, common knowledge, it's local knowledge. He's very knowledgeable on the things that you come up with as part for with your knowledge.
Speaker 4: All right, El segundo California, Matt. I'm sure you were just there at the bolt, you know, crossing some t's and dot and s. Was finishing up the season, you know, saying goodbye to everybody, cleaning out your locker.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, not everybody. McDaniel was there. I was trying to keep him there so he couldn't leave. Just stay, just stay.
Speaker 3: You like that guy, huh know?
Speaker 2: I do. I like his style, man, I like his wacky hair, his brown tinted glasses, his caprete pants.
Speaker 3: I like it all man.
Speaker 4: Wow, Okay, well you were just there, Matt. Maybe you noticed some mosquitoes. There's been a terrible.
Speaker 2: I did not notice the mosquitoes.
Speaker 3: This is terrible.
Speaker 4: That's why McDaniel's not taking the job, he said, first time, I can't go with the Ski said. First, it's because of what the voice of the Bolt said about me when I was a coach in Miami. And second because my pedal pushers exposed my calves to these mosquitos. And there's a terrible mosquito infestation in El Segundo right now. And we love El Segundo. Mayberry is our town. Before we were at one with Cerritos, which we are. We were very very close with El Segunda for years, Matt. Not with the political ribs of the town, but we go pretty deep with El Segundo. Would you agree with deep? Yeah, no question. And even before the Bolt was constructed, Matt, even before you were there trying to keep Mike McDaniel in the building.
Speaker 2: I mean, Rock and Bruce isn't open right now if it's not for us.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 4: And the Little League World Series remember Kiss FM made all those T shirts for them, even though they don't make T shirts for us, not.
Speaker 2: A one in twenty years.
Speaker 4: There's a terrible mosquito infestation at El Segundo right now at a Pairrently, it's bad.
Speaker 3: It's bad.
Speaker 5: I'm actually wearing this jacket to night, not because it's cold out, but because of the mosquitos. I also have.
Speaker 4: Wait, what channel is this, eleven? It's bad, Channel eleven Fox.
Speaker 5: Oh, Marla, it's bad. I'm actually wearing this jacket to night, not because it's cold out, but because of the mosquitos. I also have the bug spray with me. And residents have been fighting this for weeks, the sounds of mosquito warfare constant and El Segundo along the front line.
Speaker 4: Wait wait wait, I'm bad over by the freeway at the bolt. You've not been aware of this.
Speaker 2: I am not aware of this. I plead ignorance.
Speaker 6: This most satisfying thing in the world.
Speaker 5: Neighbors now armed with the zappers, deploying traps and bug killers outside homes as the enemy advances.
Speaker 6: Kids have been covered head to toe in mosquito bites, and I spend my nights with the electric racket smacking mosquitos to make sure that everybody else doesn't get bit.
Speaker 5: Locals first notice the invasion.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, the Advances, If the kids are covered from head to toe, I mean, you're not doing that great of a job smacking mosquitoes that.
Speaker 6: Everybody else doesn't give bit.
Speaker 5: Locals first noticed the invasion almost two months ago, and since then the mosquitoes have multiplies.
Speaker 7: We are covered in mosquito bites. Every night. My kids have welts. We're going late to school because we're up till four or five in the morning killing mosquitos.
Speaker 5: Bloodsuckers over running yards and infantry.
Speaker 3: Bloodsuckers the road.
Speaker 2: The sky is great.
Speaker 3: He's friends will call.
Speaker 5: Over running yards and infiltrating homes.
Speaker 7: These are inner house. We have every door locked, every window sealed. The door opens, we all freak out. We are not enjoying. The weather's been beautiful. We have not been allowed to have our doors.
Speaker 2: Open, our windows open.
Speaker 3: We shouldn't laugh. I shouldn't laugh. I'm sorry to the enemy.
Speaker 2: Advances.
Speaker 5: Just two hours ago, and you can see there's already dozens of mosquitos inside.
Speaker 3: The bloodsuckers are closing in.
Speaker 5: The northwestern section of El Segundo Sandwich between Lax and the Hyperion water treatment plant.
Speaker 6: Mosquito expert. I'm just a family man trying to live my best life.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, not bad.
Speaker 4: That guy has that is a man evert He's got a very high voice. Okay, but that is a man best report.
Speaker 2: Ever. I'm just a man.
Speaker 6: I'm just a family man trying to live my best life. I would love somebody to take accountability for why this is happening.
Speaker 7: I don't know what the solution is. I just know we need some help.
Speaker 5: Elsa Gundo's mayor tells Fox eleven they're making progress and what he calls a massive infestation, now shifting their focus to the six blocks that are still under siege as residents keeps swinging looking for answers to end the war.
Speaker 6: It's absolutely man. We invest a lot of money to live in a beautiful town like Nsando. The last thing that we want to be doing is staying up all night.
Speaker 3: McDaniel's not gonna like that.
Speaker 5: So we've reached out to Vector Services as well as the water treatment plant. So far tonight we're still waiting to hear back. We're wiving Elson Gando Matthew Seedorf Fox Loven News.
Speaker 2: Ooh, I love it.
Speaker 3: Seedorf is a friend of Collins.
Speaker 8: Apparently not a friend, but I believe he goes to my church at South Bay Community Church, because one of the pastors came up and said, you know, Matthew Seedorf. I was like, no, but I guess he was covering the Dodgers last.
Speaker 4: See might be the next Alex Michaelson. This is our guys, stud that was That was a great report. I mean, I'm invested.
Speaker 6: I'm just a family man trying to live my best life. I would love that's somebody you take accountability for why this is happening. I don't know.
Speaker 4: So a bad situation unfolding Matt in the home of the bolt eld.
Speaker 9: A six block northwest, also area infested by mosquitoes.
Speaker 4: Is that what kept Omari and Hampton out of the playoff game? The giant mosquito bike.
Speaker 2: They're relentless. The enemy is advancing, the under siege. The bloodsuckers have them under siege. Under siege.
Speaker 3: Here's my number.
Speaker 2: Number of the day. Number of the day AP is three. Now, oftentimes concerts are announced like a year fifteen months ahead of them. Showing up.
Speaker 3: Yes, everybody can get their their ducks in order. You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're like, I don't know what the hell I'm gonna be doing in January of twenty seven. That's when I got to figure out if I can go to this concert or not. This is a little far out. How far early July eighteenth, so we're six months out. But I think this triple bill has got enough going for it. It's a Saturday, which means July seventeenth is a Friday, okay, which means maybe I'm not flying anywhere. When not flying anywhere? The show's in La, July eighteenth, in La. But you know we got summer tours or summer parties guys. You know camp will be opening up for you. Matt, what's that.
Speaker 3: You'll be out there in camp loading your locker?
Speaker 4: Right, So we got the Gin Blossoms, Well I could tell that the Jim Blossoms are.
Speaker 2: Hey, jealousy there right?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I hate this man.
Speaker 2: We got the spend doctors, little two princes now listen, and you got Blues Traveler.
Speaker 4: Whoa well I like blues. That's a hell live man. That guy's still alive, he Popper. Well, you got the you got the stomach staple. I interviewed him many years ago at the Beach Life and he was very large, No, but feeble, very feeble. Yeah, he was skinny but feeble. John Popper is still alive. Spin Doctors Gin Blossoms tickets are on sale this Friday. Now here's the problem. Three headed like monsters. Yeah, monsters of nineties rock. Bill right, monsters of harmless rock.
Speaker 3: What are they calling it?
Speaker 2: They are calling it blues Traveler, Gin Blossoms and Spin Doctors.
Speaker 3: Now I did some digging. Spin Doctors gotta play first.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I see. You and I were on the same wavelength.
Speaker 3: Here and then Jin Blossoms is the meat and the sandwich.
Speaker 2: Okay, now here we go. You can make the case two Princes is the biggest song that any of the band's ever had. I don't care Two Princes.
Speaker 3: What about Little Miss Camby Rock.
Speaker 2: Can't Be Wrong was even bigger? Like they have had multiple songs that have been in the top five in the Billboard Hot one hundred.
Speaker 4: I draw the line at Spin Doctors being, hey, jealousy that skinny bastard from the Spin Doctors hits that stage after Popper and It's not just for some encore where all the bands are on stage singing it with Popper.
Speaker 2: That's a travesty, right, But what do you do?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Jealous See was the gin Blossoms biggest seller. They sold four million copies of New Miserable Experience, Matt follow Now, it's funny you say that, because Till I Hear It from You was their biggest song from the Empire Record soundtrack. Uh. Blues Traveler sold the most records, four which had run around sold six million copies, and the best live chops, Yes, far and away chops, Matt. So here's what I say, pe, I don't think there's any question the Blues Travelers the headliner. Thank you, they are certain, but opener versus who play second. I think we got ourselves a pretty good middleweight fight here. I can't between the Gin Blossoms and the spin Doctors pocket full of kryptonite. You got little miss cam'p be wrong, and you got two princes as you're three anchors, right, jin Blossoms, Hey, Jealousy Till I Hear It from You? Where is our third one?
Speaker 3: Where is the show.
Speaker 2: Until I fall away?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: July seventeenth, Venue to be announced they don't have a venue, no, and it goes on sale on Friday.
Speaker 9: You guys know in nineteen ninety three, I've told you I saw these guys play at the Greek Theater who Spin Doctors, Uh, Spend Doctors, Soul Asylum and Screaming.
Speaker 2: Trees, Oh, triple Bill who closed?
Speaker 9: K I'm pretty sure Spend Doctors headlined it because I know the Screaming Trees open travesty, so I know Screaming Trees open, but it was it was summer because it was hot as hell and it was the Greek Theater.
Speaker 2: Top guys, I'm thinking, you know, if we're doing like, we could absolutely do a petros In Money tour bus, you know, Luxury Limo to the Triple Bill of Spin Doctors, Gin Blossoms, Blues Traveler.
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's got to be a Greek or a Hollywood Bowl show, right, or the Great Park. I don't want to be Meadows and Irvine.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Maybe no one cares. And it's at the John Ansom for Oh Christ, did you see who's playing Beach Live? Matt?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the dour Ran Duran My Morning was that the My Morning Jacket Duran, Duran, Is that the night?
Speaker 4: My morning jagget Duran Duran, James Taylor, my morning Jacket, gotcha shell Crow?
Speaker 2: You know I like Chryl Cron I can do with.
Speaker 3: Then our friends from Sugar Ray again.
Speaker 2: Love Sugar Ray. Yeah, do Ran Duran, The Chainsmokers group of fits in the Tantrums what a bill? All right, well then that's your show. Pe you got the switch foot slightly stupid offspring? Yeah, that's mine, that's yours.
Speaker 3: I forgot offspring. That's right, that's sorry.
Speaker 4: I think we should arrange a spin Doctors Blues Traveler riding blossoms night and at the end of the night, I'd appreciate it if somebody would swing me by that bridge in Pasadena so I could jump off.
Speaker 3: This is the song of the day.
Speaker 8: Today's song of the day is does anybody know what time?
Speaker 2: It is?
Speaker 8: From Chicago's debut album, Chicago Transit.
Speaker 3: Authority Todd Check three twenty two.
Speaker 8: As the Clippers are in the Windy City playing the Bolls, fully functional employee Adam with pregame at four.
Speaker 4: Matthis tech says papers and feeble. He's just weighed down by three hundred pounds of Harmonica.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: Like a scuba diver holds you under the water. We'll be back.
Speaker 4: We'll talk a little bit of Indiana football, maybe some local parallels.
Speaker 1: Pro Papadacres that money Smith, this is Petro, Send money on demand.
Speaker 2: Spetrow some money in five somebody La Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app half hour to go, hand in and over to Adam Ouslin. Clippers v. Bulls tip off at five pm. Adam Ouslin coming up. Like we said, top of the hour. We want to see a Thursday win yourself a Westinghouse fifty eight inch Zuomo TV, Smart TV fifty eight inches. We're going to be at the BJ's restaurant in brew House in Irvine, our last Bjay's appearance this football season, three to six pm. Come see us and get your shot at winning that Westinghouse fifty eight inch Zoomo TV.
Speaker 4: Let's localize the Indiana story, Matt. It's a big story. We talked about it. Everybody loves pretty Mendoza. Everybody loves his mom and his aunt and his dad and his brothers. Michael Irvan not as much more polarizing it. Let's cocaine, No, they got to that porn star too though that likes Miami. You would think, oh, yes, a Bella danger, Yeah, Bella Danger.
Speaker 3: You were out.
Speaker 4: You would think, Matt, that the guy that was super into cocaine would be the Cubans you know from Miami. But no, it's the playmaker.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't. It can't be spread around. He's there, he takes it all. I know you want some of this, but I'm sorry. Michael Irvin is here and he is taking it all.
Speaker 4: When seventy said when Miami threw a pick to end the game, and this was Michael Irving, He's just slamming his head into a whole thing of chalk on ai ah and it's not chock, okay. But watching Indiana win, let's localize it, Matt. They win the college football championship last night, and it does have some minor tingling going on downstairs for the UCLA fans excited, oh yeah, and pondering what's bruin in Westwood? I'm sorry for twenty twenty six? What is brewin there?
Speaker 3: Met? Matt?
Speaker 2: I love the pun. You've been on the Bob Chesney train for a while. That's not the freedom train, but it's a hell of a train.
Speaker 3: I like the hire.
Speaker 4: Could you be the next Indiana in two years? Will UCLA fans be in New Orleans at the super Dome watching the Bruins play for a title. It's doubtful that they'll be there because UCLA doesn't travel very well. But will you CLA be there?
Speaker 2: That's a good one. You snuff that in there.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't see UCLA's fan base activating like those Indiana people did.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: We've had ample opportunity to give them and you know, to give them a window to show us that they could activate, and they have not.
Speaker 4: There has been no activation, No no Vultron Force, no Lebron in his chamber.
Speaker 2: Multiple opportunities to activate did not happen.
Speaker 4: The optimism is there because you look at UCLA and Indiana, their head coaches have a lot of similarities. There might be optimism for UCLA fans hoping Bob Chesney can bring the Westwood what Kurt Signetti will be was able to bring to Bloomington, and people like Mark Cuban and Joe Buck and Sage Steele and all these Indiana lumps that were at the game last night running around wearing their beanies and their special cardigans. Striped pants. Yeah, the stripe pantaloons love those. The career paths for Signetti and chessnar similar. They both worked their way ups in the coaching ranks from D three to D two to fcs. Both have used James Madison as a launching pad, almost like crocodile Dundee was walking on those people's heads at the.
Speaker 2: End of the movie Ooh, it's a good one.
Speaker 4: To get a power for coaching job. Both took over programs that were three and nine the previous seasons, both taking over teams near the bottom half of the Big Ten, not considered football powerhouses. Although UCLA's football history is far more storied than Indiana's.
Speaker 2: They might as well be the forty nine ers of the eighties Indian That.
Speaker 4: Is true, But you, Matt, we're doing done this a long time, and UCLA football has been.
Speaker 3: Down bad for a while.
Speaker 2: It's been bad.
Speaker 4: Remember Bob Chess, And he took over for Signetti at James Madison and won twenty games in two seasons. And he didn't just take Signetti's players and win right away. Signetti took his players and won right away from JMU with him to Indiana, including that skinny white guy that's flexing all the time, the Keiths making big plays and flexing all over everybody. And he did the oh and then he did a big middle finger after they beat Ohio State and the Ohio State Twitter people were.
Speaker 3: Like, you're gonna regret this.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: I swear you'll regret this.
Speaker 4: And every game the guy scores like a winning touchdown or does some amazing thing, it's like on Twitter they're like, he's not regretting it yet he's not.
Speaker 3: He's yet to regret it.
Speaker 2: He still doing all right, still feeling it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Signetti took that Wyy Whitey with him all the way to the top. Yeah, Charlie, So Chesney was able to win and get to college get to the college football playoffs with a new roster at JMU. Here is Bob Chesney. At his press conference last month, he reiterated he reiterated that he's rebuilt programs at every level. So this rebuild at UCLA h it's not new for Bob Chesney.
Speaker 10: I know how to do this right and we've done it everywhere we've been. It's and it's not up for debate if we will or we will not. Here we will, but how we do it is going to be the bigger piece of it. I know the blueprint, I know the roadmap, I know the way that I wish it to work, but I also know that this recipe needs to be a little bit different. There's certain things that have to stay there that is non negotiables. The competition, you know, that has to exist within this program. The physical and mental and emotional toughness that has to exist within this program is necessary.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 10: The holding each other accountable to the standard on a day to day basis, not just us as coaches, but as players, you know, is necessary. Those are some of the main points of it. We get into the offense and the defense and special teams and all of that, but that changes based on personnel that you have as well. But those things got to be at the root of it. And then from there, you know, there's many things that are can be done a lot of different ways, and there's no right or wrong, there's just different as long as you all believe in it. And the alignment that we talked about from administration, you know, to us as a football program has to exist within our own walls as well. And I think when everybody believes and you use somebody else's idea other than your own, all of a sudden, it creates ownership. And then when you create this ownership, you start to create this trust, and then people start to protect it just a little bit differently. And that has been truly, to me, one of the biggest and most important and impactful parts of what I've done. If I come in here and run the exact JMU program, I don't know if it's fully successful, right. I know that there's things and elements about it that we need to run, But at the same point in time, there's a lot of other things that we have to adapt to fit, you know, our new moment in time that we are and who we want to become.
Speaker 4: Both coaches are program builders. Google me both that success at James Madison. One has a little bit of a lighter approach to Signetti, yes, but both Signetti and Chesney are good at using the transfer portal. Signetti quickly turned around Indiana by bringing over a lot of Jmus. Chesney's bringing over some JMUS and he's built a transfer class of over forty players already coming to UCLA and I know what you're thinking, Matt, what about a high school Bendruth, what about high school recruiting? It's right, it just sounded like an echo in your head. The last few days, Bob are we Ready and his staff had been out recruiting at the high school level. They visited Modern Day, they visited Orange Lutheran, establishing relationships with high school coaches and assistants and players. How much has Lincoln Riley done that over the years? Me me, they had the horse collar him to get him down to the high school after four years. The similarities between Kurt Signetti and Chesney are multifault. They mirror each other in a lot of ways. However, will they share the same success at the Power Forwar level and in the Big ten mat It's hard to imagine, right, bunch Asian kids and crewneck sweatshirts in New Orleans screaming for UCLA and Nico, i'm io Malayava's little brother, Chico. Will Chesney bring a title to UCLA in just two years like Kurt Signetti did to Indiana.
Speaker 2: Just like Ramirez delivered from the quarterback position.
Speaker 4: You know that was an honest mistake. Ramirez, his mom told me, Oh, if you're gonna make it all about yourself, did you better get the name right?
Speaker 2: Idiot.
Speaker 4: Certainly, Bob Chesney and his staff are off to a good start in the first month, turning over UCLA's roster and some big wins in the transfer Portal twenty twenty six schedule has UCLA opening at cal versus Scoboltenne and then at home versus San Diego State against the walking bald bearded q TIP coach Shawn Lewis, and then Nevada, who hasn't proved okay. UCLA's Big Ten schedule has them going to Michigan, Oregon, Maryland and Minnesota. That's no duckwalk. They have home game versus Wisconsin, Michigan State under Pat Fitzgerald, Purdue under Barry o and Illinois under Brett Bilama, and of course USC at that point Lincoln Riley could be fired. This coming season, UCLA does not have to play Indiana and get absolutely degradated by Signetti or Ohio State or Penn State.
Speaker 3: So that's pretty good COSSA breaks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Indiana has proven it is UCLA. The next Indiana in football? Is that who? In the embattled Martin Jarmond went out and acted like he hired even though it was Casey Wasserman. We will find out, Matt, we will find out. We will handle it, and we'll be back with your dad and a live guy Birthday of the Day on the Petros and Money Show on AMPHI seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: I don't know how much of that I believe this is Petros Money on demand. Well, thank you for listening. Everybody.
Speaker 4: A quick two hour show, but fear not, we'll be back on tomorrow for four hours. Next we got clippers and bulls, but Matt has the alive guy, the dead Guy Birthday of the Day.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go pee. Everybody knows al Capone, arguably the most famous mops for ever, father of the Chicago Outfit, is today's dead guy. Happy would have been one hundred and forty fourth to Donado Torio born in Monte Peloso, Basil Gata, Southern Italy. It has since been renamed. When he was two, his father worked on the rails died in a railway accident, so the family his mother and he pat was mom, gives them the name Johnny, and he and his widowed mother show up on the Lower East Side December eighteen eighty four. She remarried. He got jobs in his teens as a porter as a bouncer in Manhattan. He could kick some ass, so he and his pals joined the local neighborhood gang and pretty much took it over. Incredibly smart, resourceful, and a badass. He opened a billiard's parlor for the group, set up a gambling and loan sharking operation for the James Street Gang, That's what he called it. Paul Kelly, who was the leader of the Five Points Gang, took notice and instead of that freaking Mick being threatened, the Mick looked at the daygo and said, hey, I appreciate what you're doing. I like these legitimate businesses using as a front and the way you've built up your numbers game, the book making, the loan shark and the hijack and the prostitution, the opium traffic in man I am impressed. I'm gonna pull you into the Five Points instead of snuffing you out. A young al Capone belonged to the Junior forty Thieves, the Bowery Boys, and the Brooklyn Rippers. He was so impressed that he moved his whole operation to the five Points Game, just so he could work under Johnny and have him work as his mentor. One of Torreo's associates, Frankie Yale, hired Capone to bartend at the Harvard and a Bar and Cony Island after his request. In nineteen oh nine, Big Jim Colossimo reached out to Torio invited him to Chicago to help him run his burgeoning mob empire. Within five years, he was the underboss to Big Jim, and he sent for Capone in nineteen nineteen. When prohibition went into effect in nineteen twenty, it was Torio that said we need to get into bootlegging. Callisimo had gone soft. He had just gotten married, bought a big house on the South Side, and said, eh, I don't feel like getting clipped. Not in the mood to go to prison, got my wife, got my new house. Let's just keep doing what we're doing. How do you think that ended p They killed him. May eleventh, nineteen twenty. Big Jim went to his cafe where he did all his business, shot killed a few minutes after entering the restaurant by a gunman hiding in the cloak room. Contract killer Frankie Yale traveled from New York to Chicago at the behest of Torio to take out Colossum over the bootlegging argument. Toyo's outfit was the biggest in the city. Capone was his right hand man. Many other gangs active in Chicago at the time, especially Bootleg in the North Side gang headed by Dean O'Banion, learned the police planned to raid his brewery in the upcoming days. They had clashed he and Torio on the bootlegging territory before, so before the raid, Obannon approached Toreo said, I want to sell you my share of the brewery. Said he wanted to leave the rackets and retired to Colorado. Torio agreed to buy O'Banion share, gave him a half a million dollars. The morning of the deal, the police raid, Toreo O'Banion are all arrested and dited on bootlegging chargers, a repeat offense, with him mandatory jail time. He goes away for two years. Not only that, but he was betrayed in conned out of five hundred grand by Obanion. That was May nineteen twenty four. November of that year, three men enter Obanion Schofield flower Shop, shoot him dead. He shoot a boss. Ain't gonna go unchecked. January twenty fourth, Torio and his wife Anna ambush outside their home. He was shot several times but survived. Gave total control of the outfit to Capone, saying quote, it's all yours, l I'm quitting. It's Europe for me. He left his criminal empire, which grossed about seventy million dollars a year. In today's dollars, that would be one point twenty five billion dollars a year from bootleg and liquor, gambling and prostitution, and it worked out typically a dozen Vittorio would live until seventy five, when he died of a heart attack in nineteen fifty seven.
Speaker 4: That was all before the Saint Valentine's Day massacre. That was the wave of crime that set up the players and the next round of murders.
Speaker 2: I will set you all up for the next round of murders, but I will exit, move to Europe, and get the hell out of here before that happens.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 4: Another murderous person, Matt, currently serving a life sentence for murder.
Speaker 3: You're a live guy. Birthday of the Day, yes, we have Jamaica News. It's Jamaica News.
Speaker 4: Sick Desmond John Valentine, the true king of the dance hall, The Ninja Man. Born in Annatobey, moved to Kingston at the age of twelve, launched his dance hall career to years later. His first dancehall name was Double Ugly at the Black Culture Sound Systically You're Double Ugly. In nineteen eighty he joined the Kilimanjaro Sound System, where he learned from guys like super Cat and Early be some early Jamaican dance all stars. The second name he performed under was simply Ugly Man, but by nineteen eighty seven he became the Ninja Man, wearing elaborate oriental outfits.
Speaker 3: And he became an island sensation.
Speaker 4: With his unique patterns and delivery and volatile and hilarious demeanor.
Speaker 3: The Ninja Man.
Speaker 4: Is everybody's favorite dancehall star that really knows about the dance hall and inside Jamaica.
Speaker 3: It's not even close.
Speaker 4: Clashes and dance hall battles with everybody from his old buddy Super Cat to shove A Ranks to the floor again. Vibes Cartel had him beat up on stage once and big hits Matt like permit to bury border clash, test the high power.
Speaker 3: Come out of the church.
Speaker 2: Oh, come out of the church, pasta come out of it jo.
Speaker 4: He shrieked God and became a gospel singer, briefly trying to find relief from his crack cocaine addiction.
Speaker 3: It did not kept keep.
Speaker 4: In two thousand and nine, Matt he was arrested with his son for the murder of a man named Ricardo Johnson. Apparently there was a dispute and then the next day in Ninja and his son and another guy came back and shot the guy down.
Speaker 3: Well, he has an appeal coming up, Matt.
Speaker 4: I mean he took Bill took all the way from twenty oh nine to twenty seventeen to get him convicted because no jurors would show up to convict the Ninja man convict Ninja that they wouldn't do it. Seriously, they love him so much. He is due to get out on parole at the age of eighty two.
Speaker 2: So that still u you can still move and shake at that age.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, they let Vibes Cartel out and they had him on tape saying he was gonna kill a guy and the guy's dad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dem course.
Speaker 4: Uh. The Ninja has fathered thirty three children with thirty three different women every damn night pretty much.
Speaker 2: Now that is impressive.
Speaker 3: That one that has two of his kids is a real.
Speaker 2: Stars, right, and you would think at least one of them could have a second.
Speaker 4: So a big shout out on his birthday to the murderous Don Gargan the Ninja Man.
Speaker 2: I mean, you would have to if you are fertile enough, if your seed is that powerful that you can produce thirty three children, well you're just you know, you would have to actively avoid. But people want to have the Nanja Man's baby, right. But I mean, you don't think you'd go back for seconds from one of them, you know what I mean, Like one of them had to just you know, knock your socks off in the sack.
Speaker 4: He'd be like, yeah, I gotta get back to that sixty years old. Today, the Ninja Man hop from woman to woman like Frogger and impregnates the ball.
Speaker 3: All right, we got a Clipper game coming up, nack.
Speaker 4: Enjoy it and we'll be back on tomorrow at three.
Speaker 3: I took the bottle to jet down