Speaker 1: Eddie's out on alongside Jason Williams. Jason, We've got a big show today. We've got a PJ. Street or fitness guy at four o'clock. We're going to touch base with Terry Nelson at three point thirty five talk about the big Crossdown shootout here tomorrow night. But you know, look, it's it's like thirty degrees here, Jace and we dream of warmer temperatures. And we just happened to get a call from a guy that I think listeners might might recognize, a voice live from Aruba, probably wearing his favorite two piece bikini ed fingers ed, how.
Speaker 2: Are you dude, I'm not wearing clothes at all.
Speaker 1: Now, that's what I'm talking about. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: It said, clothing optional. And I just said, well.
Speaker 3: Okay, why father and millions are scattery?
Speaker 2: No, you know, look, I don't want to it's very sweaty here, and you know, I'm not doing laundry.
Speaker 1: But the hell, man, that's right. You're saving dad from having to do laundry yet. And see, that's the kind of guy you are. That's what we appreciate.
Speaker 2: I'm a carrying husband. I take care of my wife and uh and I'm spending a lot of money on her to be here, so damn it I deserve that.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I've never been to a Ruba. How is it to describe the sites, the sounds, the country, the weather, what we got?
Speaker 2: Well, RockA Ruba, Jamaica. Who I'm going to take it?
Speaker 1: I was gonna queue it up, but yes, I had to.
Speaker 4: Fit that in.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's like being in the guy. It's like being in Jamaica, only nobody's trying to sell you crack and pot and uh coke every half of every street corner.
Speaker 1: Or trying to hack here with the machete.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: That that is correct, sir. It's just a you know, it's a beautif place. People here really nice and a lot of people here are from the Philippines and stuff, so you know, and some of these cases, the only problem I have is like you're about three languages away from what people are.
Speaker 1: Speaking, right right, gotcha.
Speaker 2: But but it's fun. I mean, you know, it's beautiful. And like I said, guys, I hate to report to you, but right now it looks like it might be a little rainy here in a little while. But the but the Thames that went, but the Thames have been like I'm not kidding you. I was looking at the you know, weather channel thing and the high here every day is like eighty five and the low is like seventy eight. That is your fluctuation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sitting here looking at this photo that you sent us the other day and thank you for that on the day of the balcony, the day that we.
Speaker 1: Well that thanks.
Speaker 2: Look, you guys appreciate the love because I only mess with people I love. I sent that picture to you, guys, and I send it to my two sons.
Speaker 7: We're kind of an extension of your two sons, right, you know, yes, of course, so.
Speaker 2: I kind of adopted you. But and my kid goes, thanks for that, Dad. I was just walking down the street and I stepped on the giant ice giant ice puddle, So my gym shoe, that's on you, son.
Speaker 4: In all.
Speaker 7: Seriously, what are some of the fun things that you've done out and about there, like restaurant wives or is there any fun excursions you've done there, Like what's kind of is it? Is it a place where you do those kinds of things? Are you just kind of chill at the beach all days.
Speaker 2: Anybody say, anybody who's been here, It's like, well, there's the main city. We're kind of like in the middle up at the other end of the island. There's nothing down that way. There's uh, you know, that's where the cruise the cruise ships come in and all that stuff. And so you know, rock will I will tell you this. There is a casino right now. I literally a ten minute walk from here, and I haven't been in there yet. Son, you'd be proud of me.
Speaker 1: What's Blackjack ban one to two or three or two?
Speaker 2: I haven't been in there yet. Like I said, I started to go in there, but it's kind of like Vegas. You have to kind of walk about. You walk by it, now, okay, where is it? And then you look back. It's like a wile that way someplace, and so you know, uh, we're on our way to that. We were on our way to the grocery store. Let me tell you about this, you guys, there's a place called Superfoods here, and anybody who has been here knows what I'm talking about. It looks like a spaceship. It's like if you uh, if like Sam's Club and a Costco had sex.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: This is this is their this is there, this is their kid. But it's one of those places where you go in there and there's not but you don't want to You don't really want to buy anything because you know, this is a Dutch uh protectorate, right, So everything's here is Dutch. And definitely I wor the first day where you're here buying stuff. Does it's putting our condo here? And she was like, oh, look at you know this half price stuff And I was like, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: So I bought some cheese but I don't.
Speaker 2: Right, I was like, this kind of looks like Swiss cheese, I guess, and she's like, okay, close enough, and that's all.
Speaker 4: I kept looking around.
Speaker 2: I found me found some oscar Meyer turkey. So I found some white bread, an oscar Meyer turkey and some cheese. But I don't know what it is, but damn it's tasty.
Speaker 1: That is the one thing about vacation when you go to the grocery, Yeah there's you don't know where's this stuff coming from? Now, likely it's probably healthier than the stuff with all the preservatives that we get in America, but you just don't trust it if it doesn't say you know, craft on it. You're like, I don't know about this cheese.
Speaker 2: It's it's all in Dutch. So you're looking at it because say this is poison if you eat too much of it. And I'm like, okay, looks good to me.
Speaker 4: Give me too.
Speaker 7: Part of why I'm not a risk taker when it comes to vacations. I like my Kroger marketplace in Hilton Head and I know exactly what all the labels say there.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like, uh, it's it's a giant grocery thing that I was sitting there, had that cheese I was talking about, And there was an American couple, this younger couple standing next to me, and they're going like wow, and they're talking to each other and they go, I don't know.
Speaker 8: What is that.
Speaker 2: I finally time and I go, just pick one and good luck to you.
Speaker 1: And you're so just pick one. Yeah, correct, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know what it is.
Speaker 2: I wish I could give you advice, but I got nothing on this. So yeah, I'm gonna go out to night and go to the casino.
Speaker 6: Rock.
Speaker 2: You're encouraging me right now, my wife.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you haven't been to the casino, but I will bet everything on me right now that you eventually will be at the casino. You have to you have to, well, of course I do.
Speaker 2: I mean, and there's a there's a comedy club there, and uh so I go in there to take my wife out to a comedy club in a roof. If it's like that, if the three of us got together informed an act like the reverse three Stooges, that's kind of what we're going to see down here. But hell, I don't care. I'm in the.
Speaker 1: Islands now, I've read I guess Eagle Beach. Is that like a famous beach, like a really nice beach in Aruba?
Speaker 2: Dude, I can I can see it from here. I mean literally, we can walk down there and uh it's a ten minut of walktops and we've we've been there many times. And it's you guys have heard the well rock, you know, because you you were in the Bahamas for a long time and a place down there. Now you know what phrase island time?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, well yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of what was going on at this bar. I was like, I had read about this online we should go there and hang out because it's right on the beach and it's really cool and blah blah blah. And you think you're going to be you know, drinking uh, peanut coladas or whatever the hell. And so we go there and like people people walk by you like you're not sitting there. It's like it's very it's very random, as you know. Yeah, and then uh, and then when you order something, it's like in the I's going to be like, you know, water by the time you get me back that pina colada or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, and am I going to get this sued by seven pm? We could say you're right that that is the good and bad side of Island time. Good side is well, yeah, more relaxed and great. But but you know, in America, like we we we do things on time. We're trying to fit a lot in right, and it can drive you crazy when the store says it's going to open at noon, but you get there at noon and no one's there, and when they're going to be here, I don't know, you know, sign on the U.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, I feel bad about it to come here and go, hey, I'm here to relax you quit relax thing.
Speaker 4: Beer.
Speaker 1: That's how this is going to go for me. Correct.
Speaker 2: I was spending a lot of money to make you work while you get me a beer, and I just you're you know, relax is it?
Speaker 7: Are?
Speaker 4: The people?
Speaker 7: Are the people you mostly run into Americans? I mean obviously the folks that work around there, but like, have you run into a bust of Americans like in your condo and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah we actually we were in a cab yesterday and ago. Who are most of your most of your tourists here? And he goes, oh yeah, mostly Americans and you can get Canadians and Europeans. Yeah, so you know, people are still traveling. And I'm sitting here watching the whole boatload of there. There are these tour buses that come by and they have their school buses essentially without the windows in them, and they're blaring like you know, Bob Marley songs. And there was one that had a giant iguana on the top of it, like vacation right there. Yeah, oh yeah, the giant one like god Zilla.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well that's that's yes. What about the water ed because to me, there's there's no comparison like when you go to you know the Bahamas, which I've been to a million times, that that turquoise water and nothing against Florida, but man, the water and it just don't look like it does on that turquoise screen that you get there. Is it similar there? Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, well it's It's like the other day. When we first got here, it was kind of overcast, so the water was kind of grayish, and I'm telling them, I'm like, I'm thinking this is going to be really you know, blue water and all that stuff. And she was like, yeah, I kind of disappoint and then all of a sudden, the sun came out and it turned like, you know, glowing turquoise.
Speaker 1: Nice. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, we're we're hanging here and uh and and a couple just checked in, like the couple of two couples and uh, all of a sudden, they're down there playing like Alan Jackson's Greatest Hits or some stuff. And I'm like, this one, let's stand.
Speaker 1: That's my vacation too. I'm not gonna listen to Alan Jackson all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. That's kind of what I need to people are going on. I don't like a slow down there, Alabama, let's take her down.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're not in the Florida panhanda here, fellas.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing if you and that's the security they have. What kills me is in this condo thing they have right on the thing they give you when you check in. We have security, but rolling the premises from three to eleven, and I'm like, well, what happens overnight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're broadcasting when you're not having anything secure, that's when I would attack, right.
Speaker 2: Correct, That's that's my point. It's just like I would think it would be like, well, I don't know, eleven to eight in the morning or something. But that's just me because and you see the guys just walking around. I saw a guy just kind of set under a palm tree out there and smoked a cigarette. The ports women in the pool, and he's like, okay, cool whatever, nice nice.
Speaker 1: Well, well, man, look, we appreciate you checking in here. You know, I know you're gonna go to the casino, so I'll just tell you good luck right now. But I enjoy that warm weather. Boss. It is it is is a frozen tundra around here. So you picked a fantastic d January here bud.
Speaker 2: Yes, well that's I told, hey, look will they fire me if I take another week?
Speaker 4: I mean he just rolled. Man.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, Man, I'll just coast this thing right to the new year.
Speaker 1: Call it a day. Nice, nice, well man, Look tell the lovely dad. We said hello, enjoy your time, my friend, and we'll talk here real soon.
Speaker 2: All right, schures, boys, Yeah, play safe.
Speaker 1: Travels here, safe travels. There you go ed live from Aruba.
Speaker 7: Edward what's his middle initial Edward R Edward R fingers Yes, And with that, let's.
Speaker 1: Check some trafficking weather. How are you looking well?
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center U see Health's weight laws Center off for surch to come in medical ob City, Caaren expertise called five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Accident time that seventy five south pound as Charles too. My lanes are taken up and the left shoulder blocked on seventy five south pound of Cooper with a crash putting through there. Now that earlier vehicle fire on the right shoulders set seventy five northbound after Mitchell that is still there with the cleanup underway, the ramp and the foot lanes south reopen. We understand now seventy five north bound Kyle's Lane to Twelfth Street accident here two lanes a block. That's nearly an hour delay now through that stretch, and seventy five is so in between Western Avenue and the Brent Spence Bridge by a six minute trip by bridge. REMP produced Radio seven hundred double D wallub.
Speaker 1: And the forecast tonight's staying overcast with light winds and much colder. And here's your seven pm kickoff weather in Canton, Ohio. Go Anderson as they take on Avon tonight for the state title. Seven pm kickoff party, cloudy in seventeen degrees whoo. Then later tonight a low of fifteen and then for tomorrow mostly cloudy, above freezing but still below average, a high thirty five. Right now it is thirty one News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and Derek Kenny Schning. Temps are upon us. It's time to get your heating tune up with one Hour Heating and air Conditioning. They will have your system ready for these chilli nights with twenty What a great.
Speaker 1: Sports weekend, right, I mean tomorrow night you have sant X plays for the state title. Right. I had to get that in there, you know that, get that in there. A bunch of Greaterson playing tonight, Anderson playing tonight, a bunch of great championship games and great NFL action, but a big game as it pertains to the tri State, the Crosstown shootout tomorrow night. And this is an amazing stat you see, is not one at the Cintas Center since two thousand and one. That's twenty five years. The building opened in two thousands. Right, that's that's an incredible stat. And join us right now to discuss as a guy who played in a few of these matchups, who's also called the game in a few of these matchups. He was the starting forward on UC's nineteen ninety two Final four team. The voice of the Bearcats, Terry Nelson, Terry, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing great? You know we could get started. Man, I just want to say you've been doing an excellent job on your football coverage. Bro.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, I appreciate you saying that. Thank you so much. You know how it is, man, Every game is different, right, every game is different. Appreciate that, Terry. Let's start with this first, Like just the whole U see hasn't won at the Centas Center since two thousand and one. You've played these games, you've called these games. What what is it about the road in this particular matchup that we're you know, you see hasn't played their best.
Speaker 8: I think they put so much pressure on it. I mean coaches always say it's just another game, which they know they're lying exactly.
Speaker 10: Yes, I mean nobody.
Speaker 8: In Michigan, Ohio State says, oh, that's just another game.
Speaker 10: Nobody says that.
Speaker 8: Like the coach that's going on right now, like day is talking about from the radio and all the other stuff.
Speaker 10: If he loses this game, he can lose his job. Like stop it.
Speaker 8: Like if you if you value the Big Ten champampionship more than the national championship is crazy. But that's what happened in rivalry situations. You look at Xavier and you see and you come to play there ad Xavier, and I know it's supposed to be a Jesuit school, but I didn't know they cursed like that.
Speaker 10: And that stuff. The Lord says, nobody would have goat to ye too. It's just over there, some of the stuff that goes on there.
Speaker 8: But but it's it's all fair in love and war. So you're gonna have scrappiness, you're gonna have all the different things that're going on in the rivalry. And for the Bearcats, I think sometimes they just they put so much pressure on themselves. If they really believed it was just another game, then they were going there and play the way they're supposed to play. But with the advent of social media, every athlete has so many people in their DMS talking about, hey man, this is like before the season started.
Speaker 10: You just gotta win the Xavier game. You gotta win the Zaver game.
Speaker 8: And so a lot of these guys turn their social media mentioned off and turn off their dms because it's like three games ago. People are starting to say, hey, good game, man, Hey what do you feel about.
Speaker 10: The Crossdown Shootout?
Speaker 8: They didn't even ask about the game to just play. All they care about in this town is the Crossdown shootout.
Speaker 7: T and then thanks for joining us. You know, I'm thinking back, and I know people still ask you about this. They still remember Terry Nelson, not just as a player on the Final four team, not just as a player or one of the you know, top players when Hugs was coming up, not just obviously now and all the work you do on the TV and radio broadcast, but they remember you also as the guy who, in nineteen ninety two your first Crossdown shootout boldly predicted to the newspapers that the Bearcats.
Speaker 4: Would win in a quote blowout.
Speaker 7: And it just it gives me chills to think about that, because that was I mean, that was so fun, like the build up, the hype, the you know, the back and forth, the Hugs and Pete Gillen and Hugs and Prosser and you guys like back and forth, just the great players and and you guys all played together the Xavier and you see players played against each other in the Devereux Summer League and there was all you know, But now, Terry, I hope I don't think Moe's listening. Mo gets mad at me when I say this. Uh, the game itself is still unbelievably awesome. It's sold out. People were intense, Like you said, the Jesuits are cussing and throwing things and all that. But that week long hype and that build up, and you know, the guy on the Xavier side saying we're gonna kick UC's but and the other guy on the other side, like in the coaches like you, you don't have that week long hype anymore, like what what what happened to that? Like where did that go when? And again the game that once the once the ball goes up tomorrow. The game itself is still I feel like, as fantastic as ever, but it's all the stuff around it that's just kind of gone away.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they used to be the luncheon. You know, we used to have the dinner, which we didn't have this year. Last year they had it, but there used to be the luncheon. It would be all the radio interviews, the television interviews. Yes, there'll be clips going around who said what? And it's like they try to ask you the same question five different times.
Speaker 10: Hopefully you take the bait. And I wasn't as media savvy as.
Speaker 4: I am now by the way, So anyway.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, if you've been doing this a long time, Jays, yes you have. So if if you ask me something, I'm gonna tell you what I believe, I'm gonna tell you what I think.
Speaker 10: And this was based on like you said.
Speaker 8: Every every in the off season, we used to play in the Devereux League. We used to go to Smithfield House and play pickup games. They used to come to Fifth Third Arena and play pickup games. We used to hang out at the water Front. We used to bet in the pickup games. Whoever loses is gotta pay for the first drink when we get to the waterfront, and it was all over twenty one, So it was these kind of side bets and all this other.
Speaker 10: We used to gabble and shoot.
Speaker 8: Dice with the Xavier players because we hated them in terms of basketball, but they were kind of cool as players off the court because we knew what it was. It was just about the game and what it meant.
Speaker 10: And it was so many new.
Speaker 8: Faces, you know, being plugged into the rivalry. And then all of a sudden, you get this buzz because you had three guys from California come along with you know, you had Nick Vannexo and all these so we all came and when they was asking me, I'm giving you my California perspective, because that's what a Crosstown shoot I was. It was rival gang members going at it. I've seen a lot of the insayings and the Rolling twenties, these rival gangs, the Longos, all the stuff in California when they start shooting this crosstown because they're coming from the east to the west.
Speaker 10: So when you.
Speaker 8: Asked me a question like that, I'm like, man, we've seen this team. This is all the stuffen on in my mind. I've seen this team. I know what they're capable of. I know they got some talent. They just are not us. We have a different thing that you know what, we should blow him out. And when I tell you my.
Speaker 10: Phone ring off the hook from every.
Speaker 8: News station, radio station, Bob Huggins, I mean, you name it, they.
Speaker 10: Were like, what are you you?
Speaker 8: Nobody in a rivalry says something like this unless they got on a helmet and shoulder pads and they can go out and physically beat somebody up.
Speaker 4: And oh, by the way, right, yeah.
Speaker 8: Year, yes, as they would have it, we did do what we wanted to do because we kind of knew what they were gonna do. They pressed. We knew we're gonna throw over the top of the press to score and dunk, not set up at the offense, and uh, and it just happened to work out that Anthony Duffer had like seventeen points in the first nine minutes, and Herb start.
Speaker 10: Doing what he's doing, and I got.
Speaker 8: A dunk and had a man one and I'm like, okay, I can do this, you know, I'm you know, and then so hugs. I'm around me when it was over and said, you know, Terry, I.
Speaker 10: Need you to retire one to O as a profit.
Speaker 4: I could do that, Tea.
Speaker 7: Is that it's part of why we don't have all that you know, that hype and you know a lot of player interviews and they're going is part of Are are guys not hanging out like that anymore during the summer? Are they not playing pick up games against each other? Or is that that's none of that's happening now?
Speaker 8: No, well this is it's pro basketball now. So guys have money, they're going over a girlfriend's house and hanging out. Yeah, they may just hang together. If they do go to a bar or a club, if they're eight nine deep, they walk around.
Speaker 10: See who's in there, and they leave.
Speaker 8: So it's it's not the same environment where you know, we hung out and played I don't know what the video game what choice was back then?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 10: I forget what it was. But if we did do anything, we did anything.
Speaker 8: As a as a unit. They don't talk the trash that we have in the past. Now they's social media stuff is just about the pictures that the video creative director took and posts for them.
Speaker 10: So you don't really get a rivalry.
Speaker 8: And the coaches are so well versed in making sure that nobody says anything out yeah, because you don't wantny bullets and board material. Whereas you know, we had nine guys on our team over twenty one that year, so we were an older team yep, and so we were.
Speaker 10: Just like, we don't care, We're gonna go out. We're gonna prove to you what we said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And how much of it terry is the fact that you know when you played anymore. When I was in college, like like, guys are there for four years now, guys are coming in and out. And just for a football example, I have a football coach tell me with that same thing, which is so much newness guys coming in. You don't feel the rivalries as much, he said, there's he said, there's you don't feel the hatred anymore, like like the healthy hatred. I don't like because you after a couple of years, you're in like, God, they got us last year, and we're gonna get them this year. Now, you got a bunch of guys that are gonna play in their first Crossdown Shootout and then maybe they don't even play in it next year, and.
Speaker 7: Maybe that no team played Across Down Shootout last year, right, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, only one person in this game for UC play.
Speaker 10: That was Dade Thomas.
Speaker 8: So there's no you can't.
Speaker 10: Nobody grew up on either team wanting to be.
Speaker 8: A bearcat, except Tyler McKinley, who's from here. Nobody grew up wanting to be a mum. So they don't have that natural hate. It has to be built into them. They gotta watch ESPN. People gotta send them reels. They gotta talk about the fight.
Speaker 10: You know, ESPN. It's been so long since the fight. But they start to show off.
Speaker 8: Every time in Roberry Record for this game, they'll show the fight, they'll show the tension, how hated it is. They'll show the crowd, they'll show the students with the shirts off, and they'll try to manufacture the emotion. But the emotion actually starts when the game starts, because the build up is there when they get into the arena and they hear the music ninety minutes before the game, and the crowds are already there, and and you know, the drinks are flowing and people are lathering up to say what they're gonna say to the Bearcat. You have to be mentally tough when you.
Speaker 10: Go to Xavier.
Speaker 8: You have to know that whatever they say cannot throw you off their rocker, because they're gonna say some stuff that you're not expecting because you're like, oh, this is a Jesuit school, and they are and they can be more rougher than a Marquette or you know schools that are not Jesuit schools. So it's like, don't get don't get thrown off by what's going on. There's a game to play, lock in and you're not mentally tough, then I don't care what your ranking is, I don't care what your record is. You will come out with an L no matter what team is that Xavier, because no matter what robbery it is, over the last thirty years, it's always been somebody that you did not expect step up and have a big game against the Bearcats.
Speaker 1: No, that's it, And you make a great points r is. Once that ball is tipped off, then guys get into it and it's a fun matchup and and it'll be an intense matchup. Whether the hype is the same as not, it's still be an exciting game to watch. Well, Terry, listen, I'm looking forward to the game, looking forward to listening to you on it. I have a great call my friend and we'll talk against so man, Thank you so much.
Speaker 8: And let me get this one thing out too. I don't want the referees to get involved because of the rivalry, because of the fight two years ago when we played there, they blew every whistle and tried to control the game. Last year, it was a lot of whistle blowing. Let the players determine the game. If it gets pushing and shoving, you can give them a warning. Don't just tee him up just in case. And then now you got guys in foul trouble with two fouls in the first half because of what took place. But I just want to see a clean game, a fun game, and in any game that Cincinnati, the city of Cincinnati remembers we.
Speaker 1: Be down there to Martin Thanks sing yep. I thought it was very well explained. You know, like you know and agree. Let it is a rival rematchup. Give fans a little of that, not blatant haymakers gorom, but a little a little more physical game is It's.
Speaker 7: Fine you catch carrying Dan right here tomorrow night, got seven thirty tip off, got.
Speaker 1: It, Crosstown shel tomorrow. All right, let's go ahead and check some trafficking weather. How are you looking at it?
Speaker 5: From the UC Health Traffic Center, UC Health's Weight Law Center offer surgic come and medical to b cd caaren expertise called five win three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three seventy five north after Mitchell good news accident here that vehicle fire cleared out of the way and getting more now that seventy five north Kyle's Lane to twelfth Street in Kentucky is now clear. That was a pretty big delay. It's all clear. Than traffic moving better north bound seventy five to twofoid. We have the right line blocked with a crash, and on seventy five we're swing southbound from Ronald Reagan Highway down to Norwood lad that's about a ten minute trip through the roadwork. I'm Rick Remproduce Radio seven hundred double d while double dere and.
Speaker 1: The forecast tonight's staying overcast with light winds and much colder. And here's your seven pm kick off weather in Canton, Ohio. Go Anderson as they take on Avon tonight for the state title. Seven pm kickoff partly cloudy in seventeen degrees who then later tonight a low of fifteen and then for tomorrow mostly cloudy, above freezing but still below average, a high thirty five. Right now it is thirty one News Radio seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored Advice super Sure. Do you own a small business? Jason Williams and whatever are Hill from fitness segment here And look a lot of folks out there do and should do cardio right. You want to take care of your heart, get your heart rate up and burn fat. But what is the best type of cardio for people over the age of forty?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: I know you like to strap you know, logs on your back and run uphill, you know, chains, the whole deal. I, on the other hand, I like doing an interpretive dance. That's how I get my cardio in but are those two options best for us? Us checking with our good friend p how are you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm good, guys, Thanks for having me as always.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, kind of to your point, Rock, most people think cardio has to be kind of this all out grind, you know, sprints and and burpies and boot camps and CrossFit and you know, interval training and hit classes and all that stuff. But the truth is, you know, if we're talking about people forty plus, you know, forty fifty, sixty and beyond, what we what we should be chasing is cardio that's gonna you know, actually help your heart health and longevity. And in that case, the best form of cardio is actually easier, okay, And that that's what we talk about when we talk about zone two cardio. Now, there's there's five heart rate zones, and you know, the higher your heart rate gets, the the further you go up the tier. Uh So zone two. You know, that's kind of a middle gear I like to call it. It's not too easy and it's not too hard. And for most people listening, a heart rate of roughly you know, we're talking like one hundred and ten to one hundred and thirty beats per minute, So you know you can talk, but you're slightly winded.
Speaker 6: You know you're breathing is heavier, but it's still controlled.
Speaker 11: I guess a good analogy would be like if if you're late for an appointment and you know you're on the street trying to get there, it's like it's like a brisk walk when you're late for something.
Speaker 6: It's not just a casual stroll.
Speaker 1: So with that said, what what is what? I mean, what are people doing wrong? Is it the the you know, the you know, the boot camp classes and all that sort of thing, and instead of something a little more easier but more consistent.
Speaker 6: Yeah, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 11: I mean it's you know, interval training and sprinting and boot camps and all that stuff certainly has cardiovascer benefits. If you're more interested in performance, you know, a high level cardiovascular performance, or like you're playing like a field sport like you know, football or basketball, lacrosse or something, you know, you do need to push yourself harder for sure. But again, if we're talking about heart health and longevity, you can't beat zone too. Because here's the here's the deal. The best predictor of longevity. You know, it's been shown to be your resting heart rate. So zone two is going to improve your heart's stroke volume, meaning your heart will pump more blood with each each beat, and that's going to lower your resting heart rate. And again that is a massive indicator of long term health. So if you're in your forties and the fifties and your resting heart rate is like in the seventies or eighties, that's that's a big red flag. So like for me, like every morning, I check my resting heart rate and you know, if I'm in the fifties or sixties, I'm happy with that. But if you're testing your resting heart rate you're up in the seventies and eighties, the first thing in the morning that that's a problem. And more consistent zone two work, we'll start to pull that number down if done consistently. So you want to try to get your resting heart rate into the fifties or sixties over time. And then you know, the other thing is zone two cardio. It's sustainable when it's joint friendly, And again I want to keep focusing on this. We're talking about people forty plus, you know, busy parents, busy professionals.
Speaker 6: So you don't want to be beating the hell out of your joints.
Speaker 11: You want to be something that's somewhat enjoyable that you can do without pounding in no extreme soreness. And it's also really a great option for people who haven't exercise in years.
Speaker 7: Well you tell you, I mean you're you're talking about me, PJ. I. I turned fifty. Yeah, yeah, I turn And my son and I he decided not to play basketball this year. And you know he's a he's a baseball pitcher through and through, and so we decided to join the Blue Ash YMCA a month five weeks ago. And I've been I've been doing that very thing. I've been getting on. He and I both have been getting on the treadmill and walking at a brisk pace for forty five minutes to an hour. And I'm feeling I don't I don't think lost any or anything, but I'm feeling much much better. And it's you walk out of there, and again this is I'm not running, I'm not sprinting, I'm not doing any like you know, hit training or whatever. But I'll tell you what, after forty five minutes on there, you know you get two three miles on that treadmill at a you know, a good pace, and then you can fluctuate the the up and down incline.
Speaker 4: Yeah in client.
Speaker 7: Sorry, it's it's I feel like it's stilling wonders for me because I'm feeling better and my energy level is better, and uh, you know, and.
Speaker 6: You're not you're not all beat up? Yeah either, r you know you're not You're not planning on your joints.
Speaker 11: I mean, here, here's my go to I hate doing cardio, but I understand the benefits now that I'm forty eight, so I've been doing a lot more of it. And and to your point, Jason, here's my go to cardio workout, Like for zone two. I'll get on a treadmill at three miles an hour, and I'll start at a one percent incline and every minute that's what I yep, yeah, and I'll go up one incline. I'll go up to fifteen you know, fifteen degrees and at that point I'm probably out of zone two. But collectively, over the course of that fifteen minutes, my average heart rate's probably gonna be like one thirty. I'll do that and then bring it all the way back down and start again. It's a thirty minute workout. And again I'm not you know, my throat's not coming out of my mouth, and I'm not laying on the floor and ready to go into cardiac arrest. But it's just enough to where you know, my respiration's up, my heart rates up a little bit, and you know, I can tell you just tracking my restling heart rates as I started doing this. It's a significant difference, it really is. And you can also do this type of stuff, you know, like an elliptical trainer. You can get on there at a you know, fifty rpm slow pace, start at resistance level one, then go to two every minute, and you know, you do that for twenty to twenty to forty minutes, two or three times a week, You're going to notice a huge difference.
Speaker 1: So my problem with and it's always been this way with cardio with me PJ is like long bouts of cardio, I guess gets so freaking bored. And yeah, and especially you know I also, you know, I'm not the busiest guy in the world or anything, but I got a lot to do it. Like if I'm staring down the barrel of a forty five minute cardio sess or even thirty I'm like, ugh, so is there something something PJ that's a little bit more of an abbreviated time, but it's still you know, still, you know, I can get it in and you know, maybe it's it's closer to ten minutes, but I'm not gonna hurt my joints or hurt my back, but I can. I can squash it in a little bit. Is or anything for people like me?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, certainly.
Speaker 11: And first of all, Rocky the way I'm like you, I mean, I can't stand outdoor cardio. I'd much rather go out and you know, when it's spring or the fall or the summer, when it's not too human, I'd much rather go out to a park and do like walk round this for thirty minutes. But so what I do is I play Yuker online while well I'm doing this protocol that I just talked about and that makes it go by pretty quick.
Speaker 6: Or you can listen to a podcast book, yeah, Netflix.
Speaker 11: Whatever, But what you're talking about, rock you know, if you only can tolerate ten minutes psychologically, which again I understand that something like and again this isn't going to be zoned too, you're gonna get your heart rate up higher. But like getting on one of those, you know, a stationary bike, like a fan bike, like a Shwin aerodine or a Concept two rowing machine. If you did ten minutes of fifty seconds real easy and light, and then you crank up the pace or the sprint level for ten seconds exactly, and like like those fan bikes or the Concept two rowing machines, really easy on the joints, and if you did ten rounds of sprints fifty easy, ten hard, fifty seconds easy, ten seconds hard, it's a heck of a good workout. And again for people who are who have cardio a d D like you and I, it's it can be a really good option. Just be prepared for the fact that it's it's it's going to be quite difficult.
Speaker 1: What about PJ the the concept of getting cardio in during your weight training work. I always try to to you know, not have three minutes in between sets because I'm like, okay, well maybe I can also get a little bit of a get my heart right up and breathe a little bit harder while I'm lifting instead of doing lifting and cardio. Let me try to you know, I get maybe I'm cheap, right, but I'm trying to condense it into one thing. Is that is that myth at all?
Speaker 11: I'm I'm glad you brought this up. So here's here's the thing. If you're really after like maximizing and optimizing muscle growth or strength, the longer rest periods are. It's very clear that like two to three minutes of rest between sets is ideal because if the cardiovass or demand is too high and you're you're racing, you know, thirty seconds between sets, you're not going to be able to recruit like those really high level muscle fibers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: However, again, if you just kind of want to mix bag and you're trying to address a few different qualities at once and kill you know, multiple birds with one stone, you definitely can. You can super set. You know, you can do a set of chest presses and then rest thirty seconds to a set of rows. That's gonna get your heart rate up a little bit. So there is cardiovs or benefit to forms of strength training. But most of the I'm getting nerdy with this now, but like most of the heart rate, most of the heart rate response to strength training has more to do with like adrenaline than anything else. I'm not saying you don't get any cardio benefit from strength training, but a lot of it is is just you know, adrenaline. And again, if your strength training to want to you know, you want to maximize muscle or strength, it's very clear that you need to rest two three minutes in between sets.
Speaker 1: Copy well, Pagia, this has been great man, very beneficial. Appreciate your time on this. If folks want to find out more about you and what you do, where can they go? What can they do?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 11: If you need help building a realistic, structured plan that's going to include strength training, zone two cardio. As we talked about, nutrition, accountability, all that good stuff. Designed for busy adults forty plus. Check out Revivefitnessystems dot com. I have online and in person offerings.
Speaker 1: PJ, you're the best man. Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Thanks Bach guys, have a good one. Goodbye you too.
Speaker 1: All right, let's check some trafficking weather.
Speaker 4: How are we looking?
Speaker 5: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You SEE Health's Weight Laws Center offering a surgical and medical ob city care and expertise called five pine three nine three nine twenty two sixty three, nine three nine twenty two sixty three getting reports of a problem on the comb Sale Bridge with the two seventy five eastbound slowing here on the bridge, debris on the roadway from a crash. It's off on the right hand side. And we're looking at seventy five north bound of Turf Point. Now I'm Kentucky with an accident. That thanks for the tip call on this. We've got police on the scene. Dana at Woodburn an accident as well. Southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway down to Norwood Lateral about a ten minute drive with the ongoing construction. And seventy five southbound from the viaduct to the Brent Spence Bridge is a seven minute trip. Seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddic stop and go in seventy one southbound k to the Bench Spencers Heavy We're looking at you seventy five sawing between seventy five Kentucky and Madison Pike. That's up to about a ten minute Tripy'm Rick Shrempnews Radio seven hundred double D whyl W.
Speaker 1: And the forecast tonight's staying overcast with light winds and much colder. And here's your seven pm kickoff weather in Canton, Ohio. Go Anderson as they take on Avon tonight for the state title. Seven pm kickoff partly cloudy in seventeen degrees who then later tonight a low of fifteen and then for tomorrow mostly cloudy, above freezing but still below average, a higher thirty five. Right now, it's thirty one News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: All Right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your mind.
Speaker 2: Okay, Doc smart, Scott's loan, funny Scott's loan, reliable Scott's Loan.
Speaker 6: Mister Penny. You have to stop answering Scott's woon.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'll try, Doc favorite Scott's loan, mister Penny, Yeah, I try.
Speaker 4: Come on, bake back scott Sloan.
Speaker 6: Listening can become happy for me.
Speaker 2: Join me Scott Sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Scott Loan, mister pitty.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Land of Illusion Christmas Glow Experience. All right, welcome back Rocky alongside Jason Williams. Coming up at five o'clock, your boss, Jason Hoffman with the NFL picks, will throwing up a few college.
Speaker 7: Picks, win some money, big weekend man, a lot of a lot of Marquee and NFL games. Still Stiller's Ravens. Yeah, still there's Ravens Bengals implications, big time. They're gonna win out, go to the playoffs, Jason, Okay, you don't think so. Alrighty, here we go. I saw this social media. How many social media platforms are you currently on?
Speaker 1: Name them? Uh, Twitter x whatever we call it? Facebook, Twitter, and Facebook.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 1: No end stuff for you at all? No, okay, no nothing else. So I have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, I I everything else I've refused and TikTok not happening? Now, what's app not happening?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 4: I rarely post on either one anymore.
Speaker 1: I found myself posting fewer and funior because I've found especially when it comes to opinions, like you know, if you're if you put an opinion out there and you're a guy like me or you that feels strongly about your opinion, you're you want to you're gonna want to back it up, and you can waste an entire day because it never for right and I just like whatever. So I still post stuff, as you know if you follow me on Twitter, but maybe not as much as I did, say, ten years ago. So, uh, most adults Okay, So the social media media use of twenty twenty five, the results are out. Okay, this is a few research polls surveyed over five thousand US adults, okay, conducted between February fifth and June eighteenth, twenty twenty five. The vast majority of US adults Jason to the tune of eighty four percent use what's not really a social media platform, but is a is a social media site? YouTube? Oh, eighty four percent.
Speaker 7: Saying everything, But I know that YouTube apparently it falls under social media, but I never think of it as just think about kind of its own own thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So eighty four percent of adults, according to study, are on Facebook. Seventy one percent are on Facebook, and I would assume, I don't know if it has the demographics in there, but I'm that feels like that continues to skew older the older, older folks seem to prefer Facebook.
Speaker 7: It does.
Speaker 1: Here's what I think It's interesting because all these things they start off as what the young people do, and then young people they move on to the next pat Well, it's like they don't move on. It's like the young people will eventually become old, but they stay. But then the people that are becoming the you know, the young adults, they got a new thing. So I thought this was interesting. Instagram fifty percent of adults say they use Instagram.
Speaker 4: I could see a lot of a lot of food and vacation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, kid picks, there's good stuff, but it yeah, kids out, We're out the pumpkin patch, kids baseball game.
Speaker 1: And Instagram is more for pictures. It's not like Twitter where you post your opinion about Steff. Here's here's me at the Bengals game. Here's me and my Buddy's cool. I think that's exactly what it is. Uh, TikTok. Thirty seven percent of adults WhatsApp. I have no idea really what that is. Thirty two Reddit use Reddit. I know a lot of people that use Reddit, and and I if I look up something, sometimes it will direct me to Reddit. But I findly confusing. Reddit's it is confusing, and it's a cesspool.
Speaker 4: Reddit.
Speaker 7: Is you think Twitter's bad like Reddit's like, man, there you can get down some. I'm sure there's some Reddit posts out there about some things you've said on this for these radios, Like there's been a there's a lot of Reddit things out there about columns I've written. It's just nasty, nasty, nasty. It's like, no thanks.
Speaker 1: Snapchat twenty five percent of adults say they use Snapchat. Now, that's the thing where you you open the message once and then it disappears.
Speaker 7: Right, isn't that it's like a quick quick video, quick video or yeah, it's for like sexty, right for.
Speaker 6: The is that what it is?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's what the kids use it for. I'm just saying, I'm just saying that's that's what I've heard.
Speaker 4: This is fun.
Speaker 1: I mean all the way down is it? One, two, three, four, five, six seven at eight?
Speaker 8: Is uh?
Speaker 3: Is x?
Speaker 4: That's true?
Speaker 1: Social man, that's actually that side down there. Four percent tied with blue Sky. No one uses blue Sky anymore, do they?
Speaker 7: Well for four percent of adults four percent, okay, blue Sky actually their platform. It looks almost like old Twitter, Right, that's kind of what it is.
Speaker 2: But it's.
Speaker 7: It's more for like left leaning people, right, Is that I remember that it popped up out of when Elon bought Twitter. Yeah that's what That's what it came out of.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I don't really know anybody uses that, but four out of uh four percent of adults who's that? And four percent are on truth Social so so Twitter. And I will say this, it's like, I'm sure you writing a column or me doing a show, you know, and there's a lot of people on Twitter, so you think everybody's on Twitter and everyone's they're not.
Speaker 7: Oh I've dug deep. Oh man, I'm I've dug deep on this. Like I have a very strong digital audience at the inquire since I dot com. Right, you would never know that from my Twitter feed. And I'll something on Twitter get two likes, right or you know, like you look at the link, and that's always been the case. Like Twitter is not about links. You're like, oh, like I'll put this out. I've got twenty thousand Twitter followers or fifty thousand Twitter followers, you put a link, Like nobody clicks links on Twitter except for the real, real die hard news consumers and that like if you yo, yeah, Like I've done a deep dive on this over several years on the analytics.
Speaker 1: I just know that, you know, whatever the popular opinion is on Twitter, you think, oh my god, that's gospel for everybody in the world.
Speaker 4: Things that's not true.
Speaker 1: It's according to this not maybe what twenty percent of people think.
Speaker 6: May maybe.
Speaker 4: Yes, Twitter has.
Speaker 7: Skewed many of media journalist's viewpoint on what people really want.
Speaker 1: It really has, right, because on Twitter there's a lot I always said that there's only one one opinion that you're allowed to have. Eddie and I talk about this. I'm just I just thought of this one. But like you know, Britney spears, right, Yeah, the only opinion you were allowed to have was she she should be able to do whatever she wants to do. And I'm sitting here saying, well, no, she should have some adults should watch after because she's clearly crazy right now, right, Yeah, but no, you were only allowed to have one opinion on that and a million different things. It's like, well, Twitter kind of decides what the right answer is COVID that was huge on that, right, and you spoke got anything different on COVID rather than the what was designed you were designed to say.
Speaker 7: Then well, it's also like when it comes to sports, too. It's it's the barstool crowd, the barstool the the you know, the the drunk like frat boy, frat boy alum crowd that like just is in there with fake names.
Speaker 1: And it's just like.
Speaker 7: You, you're not really my audience, and like what like why am I sitting here wasting time at fifty years old journalists like you know, and I don't have all the answers and I've you know whatever, But like I'm not gonna sit here and feed like especially when you don't you want to, you want to use your real name? Can I Can I share something else with you?
Speaker 1: Wrong?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 7: You know what drives me crazy is when someone someone just absolutely beats the hell out of you on social media. Then when you see him in person, does this ever happened with you? Oh yeah of course, like like nothing happened, Like they've never said a word.
Speaker 2: Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 4: I don't play that game, man.
Speaker 7: I always feel like if I'm going to say something, if I'm going to say something about you and a column, I'm going to you know, on social media, I'm going to say it to your face.
Speaker 1: Has always the whole internet muscles, Yeah, muscles thing see I guess I'm not built for the internet.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: No, So so you said your columns that you would think, Yeah, you link your column in a Twitter and you have fifty thousand Twitter followers, then that's going to drive. So so how do how are most people accessing what you do?
Speaker 7: Like through the end car website, yea, through through the Cincinnati dot com the app, and through Google. Google is huge, huge, huge, huge, Yes, Google? So is you, I know, worth advertising? It's like Google blows away, like like Twitter, social media. What was I gonna say, Yeah, I wrote a column was a year and a half ago or something like. I actually quit Twitter for a pretty long time. And it was because I had done this deep dive on it because I it was just making my blood boil because I'm getting in there and then I'm sitting there drafting out tweets to try to think of a snarky response to people, right, and then I'm sitting there like no, and then you delete. I always joke with my old front Sherry Coolidge. We always joked to tweet We're gonna write a book someday.
Speaker 4: Tweets. We never said.
Speaker 1: I would have some I would have a chapter too as well. Yeah, yes, you draft that and don't hit sin.
Speaker 4: Don't don't hit sin.
Speaker 7: I've gotten much much better about that over the years of not hitting send on that. That's when it comes to. If I'm mad at my wife on a text message, you're mad at someone on email. I've gotten much better at that. And the same thing with social media. But like NPR did this deep dive study where they they looked at analytics of like how many people are coming to their stories and you know, it's MPR, I understand, but it was right. They they found that less than one percent of people were clicking into their digital stories across all their platforms from Twitter, and that that that very much aligns with what I've found.
Speaker 4: It's really it is, it's just people on there.
Speaker 7: Like you know, what I love about Twitter is fun during a live event, whether it's an election, whether it's a team you know, like tomorrow night during the crossdown shootout, Twitter will be fun. You know, it's fun to like follow, you know, or or during a Bengals game like it that's a fun, stuffy and you're getting your you're getting your live updates to on the game from there and then they're shared. You're exactly right, shared misery like that to me is what I always enjoyed about Twitter X. Again, a lot of people still call it Twitter is like for a live event like election night, I've got the TV up, oh my god, but I've also got Twitter going because it's it's just entertainment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's entertainment. I will say, I use X because I still think, you know, if you're careful, and I think I am, if you know, like what sits the fall, you can get you can get good news, you know, I mean you can get again if you're careful, you can't you know, believe everything. You got to be disciplined about it. But it's good for getting lots of your news, kind of concise boom, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm the same.
Speaker 7: I've come back to it for that purpose where I'm kind of checking it, you know a couple of times a day.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: I'm not as nearly as addicted as I used to be, but uh yeah, I just I got off of it for a while and I stopped and engaging because I realized, like, what is this doing for my audience or in terms of like driving And when I say audience, I mean like, well, that's the paying cut.
Speaker 1: The loyal, the loyal, the loyal reader of.
Speaker 7: The Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. The person that invests time and money same same thing, you know, the the loyal listener.
Speaker 6: Of w l W.
Speaker 7: I which I don't I don't know the wl W metrics or whatever, but you know, I'm just a you know, contributor here. But my gut tells me that a great majority of the of the loyal everyday listener of w l W probably isn't sitting there on Twitter all day long, if at all exact and me, those are the loyal local news consumers that are that are that are really critical to you know, yeah, the things that we do.
Speaker 1: And you're smart to say, look, what's going to benefit me in my career. If it's not, if it's you know, not worrying about Twitter, then then why do it?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: So yeah, very very good, good thought. All right, let's go ahead and check some trafficking weather. How are we looking at you from the U SEE Health Traffic Center. You see Health's weight laws that are offering a surgical and medical ob city care and expertise called five point three ninety three nine twenty two sixty three ninety three nine twenty two sixty three. We have the south downs through the road hoorc on seventy five southbound Wronald Ring and Highway to Norwood Lateral, about a fifteen minute commute. As we have the sod downs to Shepherd. Big delays on two seventy five westbound at the Kentucky Indiana state line because of the work on the Carrol Cropper Bridge, about a forty five minute delay back to Highway four ninety five in Kentucky southbound. We're selling back to US fifty in Indiana about a twelve minute trip on seventy five southbound from the Viaduct down to the Brent Spence Bridge. My rich SCHRAPADEUS Radio seven hundred double D weldup and the forecast tonight's staying overcast with light winds and much colder. And here's your seven pm kickoff weather in Canton, Ohio, Go Anderson as they take on Avon tonight for the state title. Seven pm kickoff partly cloudy in seventeen degrees who then later tonight a low of fifteen and then for tomorrow mostly cloudy, above freezing but still below average, a high thirty five right now. It is thirty one News Radio seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored by Miami Valley Gaming. Good to Miami Valley Gaming.
Speaker 6: All right back with.
Speaker 1: Rocky alongside Jason Williams and Jason. It's that time of the week, that time of the day where we check in thank them for the big picks of the weekend. Lots of great NFL action, lots of course, a great college action with being a championship weekend. And to do that we check in with our good friend Jason Hoffman of The Inquirer. Jason, how are you give me a little summary of how we did last week?
Speaker 6: It was our worst week of the year.
Speaker 10: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: We went over three on Thanksgiving. But luckily, the as I always said, I'm happy to be wrong when the Bengals pulled out, but Monday night saved us money wise. The Patriots put an absolute beat down on the Giants, which.
Speaker 2: I said was gonna happen.
Speaker 10: So all's well.
Speaker 2: That ends well right.
Speaker 7: It's the only time I can curse you, man, damn you as my boss at the Inquiry. But now I'm on the radio and I can tell you your picks.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm just kidding. I don't do well on Thanksgiving, I either.
Speaker 1: I think everybody had had Ravens over Bengals. Was that one?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 1: Would Jays? Let's move into here this week. A huge game tonight, the Cowboys at the Lions. Lions, I can't really figure them out. In some ways they look dominant. In other ways they look very yeah, exactly, and the Cowboys kind of surgeon, I mean, kind of getting hot at the right time.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing let's see Detroit minus three though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the Cowboys in the spot. Honestly, I don't know what the Lions are right now. They lost their offensive identity. It's taken all season to show it. But just the creativity in the run game is not there. They have the horses, but I'm un rossing Brown is hurt. I'm taking the Dallas. I'm taking Dallas minus the points tonight, and I honestly think they might win by a touchdown or more.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: Wait, let's jump let's keep going with the big games man jump over to Sunday AFC North Showdown. Certainly this has implications for the Bengals. Steelers at Ravens, I saw it was at six Pittsburgh or the Ravens favored by six. I see that's now down to five and a half on ESPN.
Speaker 4: What do you got there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the best outcome for this game would honestly be a tie. But I like both home teams because they're gonna play twice. I like both home teams when it's gonna happen. So I'm taking the Ravens and this minus to points, and I'll eventually take the Steelers plus or minus whatever when they play at home.
Speaker 1: All right, And as we've discussed on these airwaves and others, have the Bengals need to win out and the Steelers and Ravens who have to play another time after this one, they got to split, So the Ravens got to win this time, and then the Steelers got to win next time, vice versa. That's obviously just discussing the Bengals playoffs if the Bengals went out, if they.
Speaker 4: Went out, which we'll get to in a minute.
Speaker 1: How about this one, Jase, My Tennessee Titans running away with getting the number one overall pick here in a couple of months at one and eleven against the Cleveland Browns. We've got cam Ward Vanders. If you're interested in such things. I'm seeing Cleveland minus four and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a game for the true so that goos out there.
Speaker 1: That is why we're doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm included in that. I'm gonna actually watch.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna watch this game live because it's gonna be one on the same time the Bengals were playing, but I I'm gonna be interested to see how cam Ward looks and Shador looks. I mean he Chadors made some really awful plays where he escapes the pocket way too early. The main thing I'm taking here. Then I'm gonna take the Browns minus the points. But I'm also gonna play the under, which is a surprisingly low thirty three and a half, because I don't know that either offense is good enough to really put that many points.
Speaker 2: So that's where I'm.
Speaker 3: Out on this one. And congratulations, NFL fans, enjoy if you want.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you had the under.
Speaker 7: The under seems to be a pretty good thing to pick when it comes to the Cleveland Browns, especially in Cleveland well whatever they call it, Huntington bank Field in Cleveland. Now, I mean last week, I think the I think the spread went for or the over underwent from thirty eight and a half down to what thirty four and a half or something like that, But yeah, I'm with you on that under, Jay. Let's switch over to sticking with one o'clock on Sunday. Commanders at Vikings. Another battle of a couple teams of losing records right now, but right now Minnesota favored by two points.
Speaker 4: What do you got there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a spot where I thought the Commanders should be favored, honestly, just because it looks like Minnesota the team just is not playing for JJ McCarthy, and I like the Commanders in this spot, even though it's gonna be Marcus Mariota. Again, he's a veteran, He's not gonna probably put the ball in bad spots too many times. And I just think their offensive play design is gonna win out the day. But I'd look for another low scoring game in this one too, So the under is a good possibility.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, let's move on to a really good game here, and that's Bears Packers Division match up here. Bears at nine and three, the Packers at eight and three. I think both teams look really good. Both teams, you know, have quarterbacks that are playing well. There's always a relationship there. And Ben Johnson, you could argue that's maybe the reason the Lions don't look as good because ever since he came over from the Lions, now the head coach at the Bears, Lions offense not as potent the Bears offense, I mean running the ball. Caleb Williams is, you know, has looked a lot better. But the Packers also looking pretty good as well. And I'm seeing I think a pretty big line Steelers minus six and or scuming Packers there's minus six and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with you on the Ben Johnson thing. Caleb Williams led the NFL and being sacked last year and he's nowhere near that this year. And I attribute that a lot to coaching. He's taught, as I just said, with escape in the pocket, with Shadoor Sanders way too early. He's taught Caleb Williams how to step up, how to be an actual NFL quarterback. I like what the Bears are doing. I just think the Packers are too much in this game. I'm not a huge fan of the spread, but as long as it stays under seven, I will take Green.
Speaker 4: Bay let's go back over to the AFC and.
Speaker 7: You could sit here and say, I don't want what's really intriguing about this game, but Texans at Chiefs Chiefs right now who are dangerously teetering on maybe not making it. Yeah, Chiefs favored by what three and a half? Yeah, the Texans team is one of those you know, Oh they're seven and five. They're good one week, they're not good the next week. But then you can say the same thing about the Chiefs. I think the one thing for the Chiefs right now is even though they're six and six overall, they're five and one at home.
Speaker 3: What do you got there, Jay, Yeah, I'm all over the Chiefs in this spot. I don't think that they're gonna even I don't think the Texas are going to get within a touchdown in this game. I look for the Chiefs to control.
Speaker 4: The ball all day long.
Speaker 3: And you have another maybe one or two trick plays that any re draws up where they do some awkward formations and motions and stuff like that that just leads to a big play here and there. I'm all over the Chiefs in this like I said, And to be honest, this is throwback to the old old school WWF days. This is a loser leaves town game. Basically, if the Chiefs lose, I don't really see a pass for them to the playoffs.
Speaker 6: To be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if lose, they're their playoff chances are also going to take a hit. So yeah, give me the Chiefs.
Speaker 6: All day long.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, should be a big one.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the big match up here with the Cincinnati Bengals at the Buffalo Bills. It's supposed to be snowing, it's supposed to be cold. Josh Allen, I saw this stat and it's been out there published a pretty you know a lot, seventy six career rushing touchdowns, which is more than more rushing touchdowns than Earl Campbell Head, more rushing touchdowns than Thurman Thomas Head. I mean, it's an incredible stat that he is, I mean a lot because of his you know the fact that he doesn't get hurt and he plays a lot but down on the red zone. Man, they love Josh Allen that this is a team that college esk.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this is a Bills team that you know when I see him that they want to run the ball like It's not really much a downfield passing attack as maybe we've even seen in previous years that Josh Allen, this is a run the ball team here against the Bengals, team that has had trouble stopping the run at many many points this past year. I'm seeing the Bills minus five and a half over your Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna have to take the Bengals in this spot. If it was three or two and a half, I would probably take the Bills. I don't know that the Bengals can pull this out, to be honest, but I will say that the defense has been resurgent. They certainly they're not going to get five turnovers on Sunday, and if they somehow do, I'll gladly admit that I was wrong. But that game against Baltimore was I think a one off and outlier, if you will. Against the Ravens on Thanksgiving, I think Joe Burrow keeps it close. The offense moves the ball pretty well, but doesn't have as many explosive plays as people are probably hoping for, especially in those weather conditions. So yeah, give me the Bengals plus the and a half. And I'm also going to take the over of I think it was fifty three last I saw.
Speaker 1: I'm seeing fifty three and a half. So even in potential weather situations, you're saying fifty three and a half.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, just because that field is heated underneath, it's not as bad as if you were playing and say frigid frozen grass and whatnot, and you can't move the ball at all, you can't get any push.
Speaker 4: Off the line.
Speaker 7: Great stuff. Let's switch gears and go over to the college game. Number one in Ohio State, Number two Indiana Big Ten Championship game and Lucas Oil Field, really right in the wheelhouse of both fan bases right there in Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: Ohio State favored by four points. What do you like there?
Speaker 3: I am all over Ohio State. As long as it stays under a touchdown. They have the better team, they have the superior talent. I just don't see a way that Indiana gets this within a field goal or even four points whatever. So give me Ohio State as long as it stays under a touchdown. I might move the line to a touchdown and see how that plays out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm all over Ohio.
Speaker 1: Statements all right in the over under forty seven and a half. What do you like there?
Speaker 6: I like the over.
Speaker 3: I when I originally handicapped this, I thought it should be around fifty four. I think there might be sixty points scored in this game as long as Mendoza and then Indian offense move the ball like they have. They have one of the best receivers in the country as well. So yeah, give me, give me Ohio State and the over all.
Speaker 1: Right, well, one more day. It's just because I always like lines that are that are pretty big, and I'm seeing in the Big twelve championship game BYU in Texas Tech. Texas Tech minus twelve and a half. That's a big damn number, especially for being an over under of forty nine and a half. Looks like the Sharks, like the Red Raiders, a lot of the Cougars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when they played before, I believe Texas Tech won by thirteen if I remember correctly, or fourteen they did.
Speaker 4: They won twenty nine to seven, and that game was at Texas Tech.
Speaker 6: Yep, I just pulled out.
Speaker 10: I was winning.
Speaker 2: Look BYU, as we all.
Speaker 3: Know, because of the missionary requirement, all that has the oldest team in the league. Every year has the oldest team in college football every year. They are grown men, as we like to say. But Texas Tech what they've been doing with building the roster through nil they just have dudes everywhere there and just to borrow from the same state. They're almost like Houston basketball is in college basketball, they are to football.
Speaker 10: Yep. So give me Texas Tech.
Speaker 3: I think they're one of the best, maybe six teams in the country. I don't know if I put them top five, but they I think they can play with anybody. And I just think it's going to be a little too much for BYU to handle, even though like I said, they have the order.
Speaker 1: Works, yeah, and I think that would make it easier if you're an Irish fan. If BYU wins, then the committee I think has to find a way to get BYU in there, and that's one less spot for the Irish. But I'm not biased or anything, Jace. We really appreciate it, man. A great job here today is always and let's go make some money.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: All right, great guys, thank you, Let's go make some money.
Speaker 1: Heck you all right, pray budd and with that, let's check some trafficking weather. How are we looking.
Speaker 5: From the UCE Health Traffic Center and u SEE Health's Wait Los Center offering a surge of coming medical deb city care and expertise. Call five one three, nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine nine twenty two sixty three. We've got a crash on two seventy five eastbound Princeton Pike to seventy five is slug issues. We have our left lane blocked now because of the construction. On two seventy five westbound at the Kentucky Indiana State Lives the Carol Cropper Bridge. We got about a fifty minute delay, so it turns back to Highway four ninety five in Kentucky. Southbound is sewing at the bridge back to U West fifty in Indiana. We're also looking at two seventy five east bound US fifty two to five mile with a twenty minute slowdown. It's construction delays with the right lane taken out beach Mont at eight mile. That's an accident involving a school bus, but we have no reword on any injuries. With that seventy five southbound Western Hills vialeector, the Brent Spence's about a ten minute trip. My Rick Schrean produce Radio seven hundred w WELW, and.
Speaker 1: The forecast tonight's staying overcast with light winds and much colder. And here's your seven pm kickoff weather in Canton, Ohio Go Anderson as they take on Avon tonight for the state title. Seven pm kickoff partly cloudy in seventeen degrees who then later tonight a low of fifteen and then for tomorrow, mostly cloudy, above freezing but still below average, a high thirty five. Right now it is thirty one News Radio seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored by o Keef's Working Hands hand Cream.
Speaker 6: Listen if rubbing your hands together.
Speaker 1: Sounds like NaN's and I are at back at the wilder location of Long Neck, so it's not as far of a flight, but.
Speaker 4: Now I hear it rumbling up there on the roof. Right now.
Speaker 1: There they got the meal getting prepared in the champagne and the whole deal. But until then, Jays, let's leave with this. We got one day, Jason tomorrow, maybe a very very big day. Okay, there is a I'm sure you've heard of it. R. Yeah, it is a big day, right Cross that we're talking about, even bigger, even bigger. We're talking.
Speaker 4: So you heard this.
Speaker 1: You know, she's a mystic clairvoyant. She predicts the future. Right, her name is Babaa, all right, and now she she died in nineteen ninety six, but she has all these predictions that she has made and some of them have come true. Okay, she's the blind sidekick. She allegedly four told nine to eleven. She foretold I believe in the COVID nineteen pandemic and a few other things. Well, she has announced that tomorrow, okay, and this is through her like her family members that she would tell certain stuff too, and they've documented it and this and that. Yeah, well tomorrow she is saying that aliens will appear. That's it, Tomorrow's it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: Specifically, I described a UFO that would appear, quote like new light in the sky, and humanity would meet these extra trescials for the first time. And this also coincides with a soccer match, the FIFA World Cup Drawl, So she's combined two events, the World Cup Drawl, all right, for a FIFA and the UFO that will come down and make once and for all extraterrestrials do exist.
Speaker 4: Jason, are you excited.
Speaker 7: I'm pumped, especially if it's like e t is he If ET is coming back, that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would be fun if they were like like just big, like you know, like twelve foot tall, like just juiced up, like like soldier looking like aliens, because that wouldn't you know, that wouldn't look well. I mean, I guess what I mean is that Et was harmless except for when he got that weird disease thing got sick or whatever. But anyway, people, yeah, speaking pandemic, I mean she predicted that. Yeah, but by the way, they're not like, like, aliens are gonna come down and do harm to the human race, right you think they will? They won't.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping they won't. Hoping they won't. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What do you think they'll do? Because this could happen to Mark right right? Right?
Speaker 7: Uh Oh, I'm not prepared to answer that because I haven't a right like, this wasn't something we need to be thinking about, right, Like what if aliens came?
Speaker 1: And I've always thought that aliens wouldn't. I don't think they would necessarily be hostile, but I should think they wouldn't care about us. In the same way if if you're walking to your car and you accidentally step on a bug, you're not trying to kill the bug, but it's there and you're like, you know you two seconds later you forget about it. You walk over an ant hill and kill the whole colony. You're not trying to kill the ant calling, you're just whatever. I got other things to do. It's just it's it's meaningless to you.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 4: You'll just see these the aliens.
Speaker 7: You think it'll be a rare occurrence to see one, or they'll be everywhere, walking through the mall, down the street.
Speaker 1: They'll come in like one kind of singular location and maybe others. I did see a clip of the Joe Rogan podcast or this guy who's made a documentary about it, and he said, these things are you know, of course, now these things are one hundred percent real. All the world leaders know about it. Trump knows about it, and is just, you know, deciding whether he wants to be the one to get out ahead of this and say, hey, look, these things are real and I love it.
Speaker 4: You better get ready.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, in a matter of hours here I know, I haven't had time to get enough milk and bread. There are some of these predictions that I wish this lady hadn't come true. Certainly I guess most of them right, So yeah, I know she helping. This one doesn't either.
Speaker 1: Now maybe these are just the ones that are more celebrated. But yeah, it's you know, all of her predictions have been bad. Yeah, negative events. So we shall see. But I hope I'm alive for when it happens, and again, God willing, they will be.
Speaker 4: Well, you're pretty wealthy. I think you're going to make it another day.
Speaker 1: So they're gonna make another day. I know, if it is tomorrow, What a what an amazing day that'll be if you can be alive during the time. We're like, you know, it is undeniable. Here they are, they live among us, they have lived among us.
Speaker 7: Who knows, well, will Segment come into work that day or what? He'll treat that like a like a snow day where no matter what, no matter how clear the roads are, no matter what time the snow stops.
Speaker 1: Aliens park in front of the parker in front of the TV. Actually, I don't know if I'll come into work either, aliens are on Well, actually, it would be kind of fun to document that, Like I can say, I'm I was on air the Importing Live about the ins and outs of the invasion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and that has that had that is tailor made for Eddie and Rocky show. Yeah, that topic that is AI Little AI if you can find a way to get some because you guys in my official AI AI show, we always.
Speaker 1: Say we were on top of this like five years ago when people were like this stuff like this is has the ability to like change and you and you see the like like videos anymore. I don't know about you videos anymore. I don't I always every single one of them.
Speaker 4: I wonder.
Speaker 7: Earlier today I saw one, I'm like whoa, And then I'm like, wait, I can't was it a coach saying something.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it was, but I'm like, yeah, no, that's well. Is it like.
Speaker 7: Some of them had the little watermark in the corner or it's like whatever the AI company is. So you can if you want to somebody of something, you would you don't have that, correct, you wouldn't put that, or or maybe you put one, make it a fake one.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can control a lot of people's minds with people always have believed their eyes. Think about this beginning of time, like, show me something, I will believe what my eyes tell me.
Speaker 4: Now you can't believe what your eyes tell you. Think about this.
Speaker 7: Tomorrow the aliens will be here. You should get like, uh, I won't be with you, but uh, you know, Eddie will be in a rubus and maybe he'll just write it all out there. Oh he's never coming back. He's never coming back. Right, Maybe get a maybe a little Dave Hatter on some AI. Yeah, throwing a little Jerry the j Man. Yeah, maybe he'll he'll be able to share some things that you can ride this out, like some substance that speaking of, we have our alien guest from Oh God, what's move on?
Speaker 1: Right? It's like a local place where they track you for you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yea.
Speaker 1: If we had that guy on it, I should book him for tomorrow. Get a good call, all right, I think we're done. I think we've been done for a while. Folks. Have a good night, And what sports talk is next? Seven hundred wow.
Speaker 5: From the UC House Traffic Center, UC House Weight Loss Center off for a surgic come and medical OBEA city Karen expertise called five went three nine three nine twenty two sixty three, nine three nine twenty two sixty three. Well, we have two seventy five eastboumb Princeton Pike to seventy five traffic sewing with the left shoulder box crash here two seventy five after westbound after Springfield Pike accident, as well four seventy one southbound Memorial Parkway in Kentucky's we've got about a twenty minute delay that's due to a crash and has traffic sewing from seventy one at the Carrol Cropper Bridge. The ongoing bridge work two seventy five westbound has an hour delay. Now back to Highway four ninety five southbound, we're sowing back to right around US fifty in Indiana and also the Soothounans on seventy five because of the road works. Southbound Battle Reagan Highway to Norwood lateral about fifteen minutes, and we have about a fifteen minute commute northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock seventy one is heavy. Southbound MLK to for to seventy one that's about a ten minute trip. My bricks shred produce Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: And the forecast tonight's staying overcast with light winds and much colder. And here's your seven pm kickoff weather in Canton, Ohio Go Anderson as they take on Avon tonight for the state title. Seven pm kickoff partley cloudy in seventeen degrees whoo. Then later tonight a low of fifteen and and then for tomorrow mostly cloudy, above freezing but still below average, a high a thirty five. Right now it is thirty one news Radio seven hundred WLW. Willy is the one person I know I can count on, my friend. I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham am here for you. He makes me feel good to be an American. Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your spirits. I rather have my arm gnawed off by beavers than miss Willie's show. I'm here for you. All you have to do is listen to me the great America.
Speaker 2: I want to be a great American, just like Willie.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, Best Price.
Speaker 6: The first time