Speaker 1: Kilm the fan.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back to the Power True Morning Show JK one one more segment.
Speaker 3: With you or what Yes, sir, big boy job. You got to get the big boy job.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it.
Speaker 2: Chris texted us he'll be right back, probably going to the bathroom. Who knows a lot of coconut water this morning in England.
Speaker 3: Good for him. Oh he's back there, he is, okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to Apparently for some reason, you guys are hearing my audio on the stream. I don't know what's going on, but they're saying I'm feeding back on the scream. I tried to restart it, but.
Speaker 2: On the radio you sound one hundred percent perfect, so fantastic.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going on with the stream. All right, should we do the news?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bends over there in England. Chris is over there in England. Flashes here, John Kriesel is here. We'll talk to Tom Fella Sarah in like an hour, mostly about Browns and Vikings.
Speaker 3: But we'll see. We'll go around the NFL.
Speaker 7: Let's to get to the brown there yet, by the way, Sure the Browns are there?
Speaker 3: Oh when did they get there?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 5: I believe they got there. I got here today.
Speaker 1: You said that as if you're just joking.
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, sure, yeah, they got here today. I believe Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: This is Campaign News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six IIHF World Junior Championship.
Speaker 3: I I ii HF.
Speaker 8: I assume the age is hockey, the f IS Federation. One of the eyes is International IIHF.
Speaker 3: Ice is it ice hockey?
Speaker 8: So it's International Ice Hockey Federation national.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 3: We got it? Oh nice I, Christopher I.
Speaker 5: We appreciate it very very much. Yes, I'm here with bet Lever. We're filing these reports. Goldfish that have been discarded in an a Dinah Lake are now becoming food food for Minnesota Zoo animals.
Speaker 2: They're not as good as Pepperage farm goldfish, which are on the Hall of Fame. It's the Mount Rushmore of snacks or just pepperage farm goldfish.
Speaker 5: Ten couldn't disagree more.
Speaker 3: God, you don't.
Speaker 2: Eat an entire bag of those and not take a breath. So that's my childhood man, just crushing goldfish all day.
Speaker 3: Who cares? But anyway, what were you saying about goldfish in a pond.
Speaker 5: Initially tossed out by pet owners. The goldfish are pests and they stir up the bottom of the lake, causing algae to bloom and the water to become cloudy. Instead of being left to rot, the thousands of goldfish are being fed to bears and otters and sea lions. The Minnesota Zoos pay it forward. It's basically a death sentence. This is the first year of the program, and it's the first of its kind in the state. If the program proves to be successful, it could expand to other animals, including dogs and cats that are being founded. I'm just kidding that's true at all, to other zoos and wildlife centers. But yes, if you have left goldfish in a pond, in it Dina.
Speaker 8: Not me.
Speaker 1: I didn't do that. All of our goldfish died in our house.
Speaker 3: So this randomly happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: They they found goldfish in a pond and said, we have an idea here, let's feed it to the animals and the zoo.
Speaker 5: That's exactly why they're just a boy, right, Yeah?
Speaker 9: Are they just carp that's right essentially, And don't they don't they like get super big. They only fit the size of their dwellings. So if they are like a small little fish in a fish bowl and then released out to a pond, they can grow pretty big, right right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you should see the ones in Lake Superior.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I didn't know they were in there.
Speaker 1: That's like the crackt.
Speaker 3: Yeah they are yeah wow.
Speaker 5: Speaking of Lake Superior, registration for the Grandma's Marathon DLUTH is selling out at a record time. More than ninety percent of spots were filled up within ninety minutes of registration opening. A spokesperson from the race said this would be the sixth straight year of sellouts and registrations are being taken up faster each year. The Marquee Race will be in in Two Harbors, Minnesota. Finished the twenty six point two miles in the Canal Park. We were there last year.
Speaker 2: Yes, Chris, I'm not asking for me because I'm not doing this, But I'm just saying, let's say somebody around my age, somewhere in their forties and they've never been a runner, how many months would it take to be marathon ready if you started today three months?
Speaker 3: Fascet said, Man, I was going to get six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it depends on like the shape you start yourself in. But I would say a normal, every average person in three months. You know, I ran six marathons. I was never in marathon shape and that's why I had to have knee surgery.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, two different timelines, Glory's timeline, sausage timeline.
Speaker 5: Man, I thought we were.
Speaker 2: I got the show to play well, as I told you've been a couple of weeks ago. My little sprint in the rain back to my car after playing cards was not no. It wasn't even about winded. It was just like my body was like, how do you run? I don't remember the last time I sprinted?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Jogging, sure, peloton, sure, but an actual sprint through the ram like, this is not not normal. So it's not like you sprint in a marathon. You can jog it. But still that running was so foreign to me. It would be like starting a whole body here. Louise is gonna be able to run.
Speaker 3: Is it? Louis Louis, Louis Louis.
Speaker 2: Forgot his name. It's not famous enough. Yeah, he's going to be running before I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say Corey, maybe three or four months. When does the sun.
Speaker 3: Expire like two or three billion years.
Speaker 5: I don't think Sauce is going to make it, kidding, but it'd be great. You wouldn't do it because you wouldn't want to, but you could do it. You're an athlete, those athletes inside you.
Speaker 7: Hey, hawks, Sunday is the Twin Cities Marathon, So yeah, man, you've done these six marathons, so think of the weather this Sunday.
Speaker 3: So you're your marathon training.
Speaker 7: The good news is you're finished, right the last four weeks of your training. You're in the kind of even though if you try to do morning runs it's still fairly hot. The weather Sunday eighty degrees high, so probably morning sixty five.
Speaker 3: That's a hot Maren, my wife and Kayla.
Speaker 4: Are doing the half marathon, yes, my wife because it's football Sunday.
Speaker 1: So yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was too hot and that's a great run. But that is just too hot. And the ten milers is a great run as well, And good luck to everybody out.
Speaker 1: There is doing it.
Speaker 5: Take care of yourself. Drink some coconut water right there.
Speaker 10: And.
Speaker 4: The Vikings on iHeartRadio hopefully.
Speaker 5: Playing while they're running.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, that's it, which is why mama's gotta get a hamber back to their friend because I'm busy and thirty kickoffs.
Speaker 5: If you guys, you know what, we're running lights. So I'll just throw this out there real quick. Do yourself a favor if you want unless such things, you know, if you're if you're curious, I'll say this. Read the new details about the guy who printed in and be a high school student in.
Speaker 1: White Bear Lake.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know he played football, right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: He did insane new details enrolled? Yes, yes, is he.
Speaker 1: Good right now? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I had no idea so he played up in Forrest Lake. I tried to confirm because I heard about this story before it kind of broke publicly, and I tried to research. He's not in like the team's program or anything, but he was on the initial roster, so I had something happened. I'm hoping that somebody who is like an actual reporter can kind of nail that down because I don't think he actually ever played a game, but he definitely was on the roster, which is I mean concerning enough. Obviously, how much do you blame Chad Powers? I mean, it's this is the worst. Like I said yesterday, this is the worst marketing campaign ever.
Speaker 2: On the TV show, Chris, I don't think you were on the air the other day when we discussed his Sauce has admitted he wants Chad Powers to be an epic failure. Not only does he think it looks bad, he wants it to fail.
Speaker 5: That's why that doesn't shock me.
Speaker 10: You don't like Eli, No, I just don't think it's a good concept. Oh car, so it's all over your restaurant canes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, raising kines. I know, I've seen the Glen Powell collection.
Speaker 1: Be good to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know have you started it yet?
Speaker 5: I didn't know it was out yet.
Speaker 3: Think it came out came out yesterday? Yeah, yeah, I'm busy watching terrible reviews. Reviews are not good.
Speaker 8: But still, I asked, Sauce, would you rather have Paul McCartney's show and not sell out or Chad Powers show epically fail? And you said, well, at this point, I think both things could be true. I said pick one. Oh yeah, Chad Powers fail epically. But man, you love checking empty seats.
Speaker 5: Don't know why you like that for other people to fail?
Speaker 8: Because Cartney like you don't hate the Beatles, Why do you like when McCartney has empty seats.
Speaker 10: I'm just fascinated when these huge acts come to town and they don't sell tickets.
Speaker 4: I just got the confirmation did not play Varsity, but played some JV.
Speaker 3: He played Jay.
Speaker 1: Borrow from what.
Speaker 3: He's sour.
Speaker 1: Recy. Imagine just absolutely smoked year old.
Speaker 3: That's humbling. Hell, you're twenty, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: You know how he got caught He was drinking beer in the parking lot. They said, wait a minute, you can't. He showed his idea, they go, wait, wait, wait exactly.
Speaker 5: Actually made a couple of different stories about some bad pictures he was sending to some people and things he shouldn't have been doing. I also read an account where he went to a party after a game and the players were like, get the hell out of here, you creep us out. So they knew something was up with this stuff.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: So yeah, there's more to come on that.
Speaker 3: I flock him.
Speaker 5: That's the news.
Speaker 3: Yeah JV. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: The player should have figured out when this dude was renting a car, all right, flashed John.
Speaker 4: Thanks go to my websit right John christa dot com, But be first speaking engagement twenty twenty six love you guys.
Speaker 1: Go Vikings hie man Bye.
Speaker 3: All right? Uh, Ben, you gotta go as well. Are you sticking around?
Speaker 1: I can stick her?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're sticking around, Sauce. You're gonna walk us through sports after this. Chris and Ben are in England. We'll talk to Tom Pelasaro one hour from now. This is the Power Too Morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 6: Time now for the Vikings Report, presented by Ivey, the official grocery partner of the Minnesota Vikings linebacker Jonathan Grenard. It joins the Power Trip next thanks to Ivy.
Speaker 8: Comedian Chelsey Cook is bringing an eight to laughs to the Fitzgerald Theeter this Saturday. And we have your tickets in to the show. Be calling number eleven right now. One of here, three jues are fifty three twenty six. When a pair of tickets to the late show this Saturday, call now.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back, Sauce.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get the sports to tell Ben and Chris what's going on in the world. They're on the other side of the planet. They don't know what's going on. They don't no, no.
Speaker 5: They don't really know what happened to What is going on?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 1: We only care about what.
Speaker 6: Happens on time for on the Power Trip presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 10: We'll talk more about it, but the Vikings battle the Browns on Sunday. That's why hogs Daddy and Ben are over in London. The pregame is at six thirty am, kickoff at eight thirty hawk and I will be on at seven fifteen. Your Vikings are now a four and a half point favorite, mostly because the Browns are going to start a rookie in Dylan Gabriel, a third round pick, and Miles Garrett did not practice yesterday due to an ankle injury.
Speaker 1: Oo oo yeah, I bet you he's gonna play. I wouldn't worry about that.
Speaker 9: I feel like I feel like that's even one of those is like vet day off sort of things. I mean, the way that he played last week, Holy cow, the guys is the monster.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 9: I would love it if he didn't play, that'd be huge. But I believe what is his name, Elik Collins?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 9: He's off lookod on the inside as well, So you have to watch out there. Their whole defensive they're front four is legit.
Speaker 3: How about how about the kid from Michigan.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's very good as well. Like he fits he fits into that role perfectly. And I think obviously when you have a guy like Miles Garrett out there that you're in the same room with and you get to see every day and just kind of like watch to see how to become a pro and to be the most disruptive player.
Speaker 1: Watch.
Speaker 9: Just let him watch. He's gonna be a really good player. I mean, there's a reason why they don't blitz much. Is a reason why they just let those four guys go. And you know, they they include some movement and stuff, but they really just want the back seven to play ball. I mean obviously the biggest news though, is is Dylan Gabriel. And I do think, you know, for I do want to caution everybody because you know, you might think that, oh wow, his first start, like we got this thing in the back against Bflow's defense.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is, we only know what we know.
Speaker 9: From college, right. We have not seen him play outside of the preseason. We haven't seen him play in a regular season game, especially with the whole week of preparation in a different game plan than what Joe Flacco is just because of the athleticism, and if you go back and look at his college days, the dude can run. I mean, yes, he's a pocket passer, Yes he wants to get the ball out pretty quickly, but don't sleep on his arm. I mean, when he has time and he wants to launch a deep ball, he can throw a deep ball with accuracy. He may not be the guy that throws an eighteen yard in cutting route that's like on a laser beam tight rope s or throw that's not really his arm strength, but he's got the arm strength to get it down the field on a fifty to fifty ball. The thing is he ran quite a bit. I mean they It wouldn't surprise me. With Judkins knowing what college's offenses are like, we might see more rpo, we might see more of that college look, and we might see more designated quarterback run game out of those looks, especially in the red zone, because that's what they did at Oregon.
Speaker 5: How does our dements match up against that, though?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, that's the thing. I think.
Speaker 9: That's why I caution everybody. I know a lot of people are licking their lips, like, oh yeah, here we go. We got a rookie quarterback out there. We're gonna like this kid up. Yeah, maybe, but we haven't seen a runner quite like this. You know, Pennix is not built like that. He doesn't he can run, he's not necessarily built like that for actual intentional purposes. And the same thing with Caleb Williams. Caleb was a scrambler. He was really elusive and really hard to get down. But they didn't have as much like quarterback built in run game with him. This will be the biggest test from a pure dual threat quarterback that we've seen so far.
Speaker 5: Is he and be ready to Corey? Is he really five to ten?
Speaker 1: I believe?
Speaker 3: So that's a huge bitch, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not. Actually he's not actually not Actually you know, I did you know.
Speaker 5: I was reading you guys the status yesterday about how he holds the record for touchdown passes in college football, all those records he had, But he did play six years in college football.
Speaker 1: No he did you No?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 1: Yeah what Oregon was this third team?
Speaker 5: I think, Yeah, that's right. So, I mean, obviously he's done some spectacular things, but he played a long time in college football. As we said, yesterday's the Parker Fox of College Football that said, what is our offensive line going to look like? Do you think as of right now?
Speaker 9: I mean, it's going to be a little bit of a hot mess. I mean, let's be honest. I mean we're yes, we're thankful that darrisol is going to be in there. We know that we're not going to have a left guard, so we don't know what that's going to look like. Considered all the other injuries. Who's going to start at center? You know, I can't imagine that Kelly's going to be back. I mean, this is his second second concussion in such a short season.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 9: You know we have an mcl spring with Brian O'Neill, So I don't know, you know, if it's going to be Rouse at tackle or they're going to put School at tackle. All I know is they'll probably take the same game plan that they had last week when Brian went down, and you know, they'll have a lot of extra help out there. I think I think Hawkinson was lined up in his sidecar next to the right tackle virtually every play.
Speaker 5: And we have CJ. Handback that will help.
Speaker 1: And we have CJ Handback, which is great Yeah.
Speaker 3: Back to the concussions for a second.
Speaker 2: In Ryan Kelly, we had Kelsey Cook on yesterday and she mentioned that her and Chad Daniels a couple of weeks ago got into a car accident and she dealt with a minor concussion the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Good night, and she's been.
Speaker 2: Trying to get extra sleep because she doesn't want to forget her jokes for her.
Speaker 3: Special on Saturday.
Speaker 2: And all I could think is, Wow, this is a gal that's not in two days worried about three hundred and fifty pound people like you know, trucking her. Yeah, she's gonna do jokes and she has to worry about a concussion. I just can't imagine what Ryan Kelly with two concussions into.
Speaker 3: What three weeks? Three weeks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And now you're talking about that giant, giant front of the Cleveland Browns and you're going, man, how can you possibly do this? But again, I'm not a doctor. I have no idea what I'm talking about. It just sounds like that's a formula for disaster. But we'll see. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'd be surprised, but I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Like you said, Ben what's the plan if he doesn't play, Because isn't Jurgens also on the injury report with a hamstring issue or something.
Speaker 5: And I would say he doesn't play either, So what the hell are we doing at center?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I don't know if Huber, they really loved Huber. I don't know if he can make the calls. That's the other thing, is like Huber is like body type is maybe built more for center, but I don't know if mentally he knows how to make the calls.
Speaker 1: That's a really hard thing against this front.
Speaker 9: Now, it's actually not a bad front to get ready for because you know it's going to be just a lot of four man rush. I mean, they will blitz, and they do blitz from depth and then it is a little tricky and I understand all that stuff, but it's not like I don't think that their defensive front is going to look like Chicago's did in the first game of the season, where you see a lot of guys mug in the line of scrimmage and they're either rushing or they're dropping out, they're bluff bluff bailing, or they're actually bluffing and rushing. So those are trickier situations as a center, because now you really have to just like, okay, I'm just gonna like declare which guy is going to be the mic, and then at that point in time we're gonna set everything and everything changes. Then I guess, well, if we have time, will change. But you don't always get a chance to do that. And I think with this front, because they don't move so much pre snap, it's not a bad week to break somebody else in. I just don't know if Hubert is going to be that type of guy.
Speaker 5: I do believe in twenty minutes, I think they start practice. I believe Huber will be your center. I think he'll be learning to be making those calls as we speak.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, Well then the other thing is, you know, they they could, depending on how they feel about it, they could take some of that away from him now that you know. I think if we think that Wentz is going to be the quarterback again, which it sounds like ally all direction is like like he's gonna start again, They're gonna give McCarthy another week off with his ankle injury. Then sometimes the quarterbacks are the ones that ultimately make that decision. There might be a preliminary point out and there's a protection that set. But if the quarterback feels something that differently, he can override what the offense the center is thinking. So they might put more on him because he's a vet and he would understand the blocking.
Speaker 1: Seems a little bit better than a rookie.
Speaker 5: What about that guard, I mean, the kids, Obviously he's new to us, but he's a he's a veteran.
Speaker 1: They won that they just picked up.
Speaker 5: No, I'm sorry the freeze price price, Yeah, sorry, I call him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. As far as him making the call, yeah right, he could.
Speaker 9: It's not necessarily something that typically happens, you know, with a guard.
Speaker 1: Guards don't usually make those calls. You know.
Speaker 9: It's funny how just sliding over one position can kind of like alter the communication style. So I don't know, I don't think that they go with for that route. I could, I could see, you know, they're still gonna lean on whoever the center is going to be, and then maybe a little bit more on Carson Wentz.
Speaker 8: You know, we're watching Fox nine here. Jim's back out in the practice field. I never thought about the idea that they have to build a practice field of like NFL regularly.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: They got like and look around it. Can you see the outskirts of it? How beautiful this around It's picturesque as.
Speaker 3: Hell, feel of dreams the Po edition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is squeezy, Yeah, Hanbury manor.
Speaker 5: You can't believe it, man, you literally can't believe the history of this place and the entire I sent you guys. I think in the power Trip chat, the picture I took of the sign that said we've been here for nine thousand years on that little town we walked to. It's unreal how old this place is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a pretty good view there. That looks pretty nice. Good for Jim Rich and you guess yeah.
Speaker 5: He and Ben and I are looking at each other right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well pretty good.
Speaker 1: A pretty good view.
Speaker 5: Thanks, pretty good, appreciate. Yeah, I've been working on it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I feel ancient, like nine thousand years old, you know what?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you need Beniva for bone strength. Sally Field has been telling me about it forever.
Speaker 5: I'd like to be a regular too. Is there anything I can do to be regular?
Speaker 3: That's activity, That's what Jamie Lee Curtis slang.
Speaker 1: Is I need something for my Ponius disease.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you really do, by the way I wanted to. He had to stand around the corner to show me his junk last night sauce.
Speaker 3: What do you use? What could Ben use disease?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: I don't have disease because you've been cured. What did you use?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 3: I used a tough act int a active That doesn't work?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: You know you're spraying the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Oh well it worked, listn't John Madden did well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, tough act was a tough actor? Yeah, yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 2: We should break all right, let's let's do well we maybe we just did Vikings news, but we'll do Vikings.
Speaker 3: We come back. Sure, Chris and Benn are in England.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't we talk a little bit more about the Minnesota Vikings lots to get to with Ben and Chris after this Power tripont Shoe on the Fan.
Speaker 8: Vegas Baby, The Power Trip is headed back to the Sin City Octumber twenty third through the twenty six by how you want to stay where you want, It's Vegas your way, but just be sure to party with us at Tom's watch Bart. We had a live broadcast, got a couple of watching football watch parties, your trip, your rules, but with the Power Trip jfan dot com slash Vegas.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back to the Power to Morning Shoe.
Speaker 2: Uh tomorrow, Alicia Lewis of Carolevn's gonna play initials.
Speaker 3: She'll be here. We haven't seen her in a while.
Speaker 2: She had a baby or something, so she couldn't be a part of the tournament this summer. It's like, Okay, lots of people have had babies. Yeah no, but she'll be She'll be on tomorrow. She's awesome. One hundred thousand, five hundred dollars up for grabs, just a little over one hundred k.
Speaker 3: No big deal. At eight to fifteen tomorrow, that'd be cool.
Speaker 5: That'd be cool.
Speaker 3: That'll be cool. That'll be super fun.
Speaker 2: But between right now and then, lots to talk about, lots to do, including napping, but that's later.
Speaker 3: Right now, let's talk to Ben and Chris. It's technically time for Vikings News.
Speaker 6: It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented.
Speaker 1: By had Go.
Speaker 3: Ben Lee. Did he just get the hell out of here?
Speaker 5: He's sitting right there talking to Jim Rich right now. He's gonna walk back over here in just a second.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, cool, he's doing.
Speaker 5: Research for you guys. He wants to know what's going on, and so he just he could waste scuttle the second he's getting the scuttle butt, he's getting some butt. Did you get some butt?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 2: Do you guys feel Do you guys feel better or worse about this week compared to last week against the Steelers because a lot of us thought we were going to beat the Steelers and until the fourth quarter of this team couldn't get anything going. Do we feel better or worse this week? I feel better about it because it's Dylan Gabriel, because it's that desperate team. I don't think their offensive line is that good. They don't have a lot of offensive weapons. They should put a lot of pressure on that young quarterback. I feel better about this week, Ben, what You've been there for twelve days? And do you feel better or worse about the Browns compared to last week and the Steelers?
Speaker 1: Honestly, I feel worse about this week than ever last week?
Speaker 3: What because of the injuries?
Speaker 1: Because the injuries?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, you know, defensively, we couldn't we couldn't generate much pressure based on their offensive scheme. Obviously, the ball was supposed to get out quickly and Rogers was great at that, so we couldn't get pressure. We didn't do enough to disrupt at the line of scrimmage that throw off the timing of those quick routes, and they were still able to expose some of the voids in our coverage. Now that's defensively, and then offensively, we're going against a better defensive front and we have a worse offensive line situation than we did last week. Now, the good thing is, though last week we had to adjust on the fly on the sidelines with injuries. This week we can at least practice with the guys that we know they're going to be out there. Now, let's cross our fingers that they don't get hurt, because if one of those guys gets hurt on the offensive line this week, wow, you're gonna have You might see Josh Oliver in there as a tackle or something.
Speaker 1: We might be going a lot of thirteen personnel. I mean, CJ. Hand might have to pay Hand might have to play center. If that's the case.
Speaker 9: So I think because of so much uncertainty, I mean, this could be a thirteen to nine type of game and because I don't see either offense is really taken off and I listen, I got a lot of respect for for Judkins.
Speaker 1: I think that he runs really, really hard.
Speaker 9: I think that he's shown that he can run between the tackles and run on the edges. You know, I know that I know that Gernard Is he's probably not even on there into reporter.
Speaker 1: If he is. I think he's he's he's not.
Speaker 9: He's fine, But like I am concerned about him getting beat up so much during these games and not being one hundred percent, and so if he can't stop the run and is not as effective on the edge as we've seen him in the past because of his whatever's banged up with him. And we've got Dallas Turner out there who's very spotty as well on some.
Speaker 1: Of the edge stuff.
Speaker 9: And we're facing a quarterback that they're probably going to be using with a bunch of RPOs and quarterback run game out on the edges.
Speaker 1: I don't know, guys. It's like.
Speaker 9: I think, I think it's going to be sloggy. I think it might be sloppy on both sides, and it might be a you know, quote unquote defensive battle, and again it might be a low scoring affair. I'm hoping that we I'm guessing that we're gonna end up out on top. I just don't know how we're really going to do it.
Speaker 2: So, based on what you just said and things that you've heard Koc say in the last like forty eight hours, are you in the camp that says that JJ McCarthy, regardless of how Wentz plays on Sunday, will start against Philadelphia after the bye.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's kind of what it sounds like. You know, sounds like they're they're basically they have a plan with his ankle, and they're they're getting him involved with that plan slowly, and it sounds like he's progressing exactly the way that they want. It just doesn't sound like the verbiage does not sound like the plan was for him to get ready to play against the Browns. Now, if he's out here doing more and he's getting some reps and he's doing some actual quarterbacking, then you know, maybe he's just like the healthy number two that can come in if Wentz somehow gets hurt. But I think the plan is right now for him to be one hundred percent fully healthy when they play the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed, yep, get him back in there.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, I I'm with you, guys.
Speaker 9: The thing is like, what we don't all know is like what is the extent of his pain and what's the extent of the actual injury. And if they were saying it's going to be a you know, what, would they say two to four weeks or something like that initially? You know, then we'd be definitely right at that four week mark when he comes back from the bye. But again, I you know, logically looking at this whole thing and knowing what a high ankle sprain feels like, and knowing that he has he played throughout the rest of the game with hardly a noticeable limp, I'd put that on the lesser severe high ankle sprain, which I would say, if you know, if he's healthy and he can push through it now, I say healthy quote unquote, healthy is like healthy in the NFL is not one hundred percent. Healthy in the NFL is like, can you give me are you eighty five percent and can go out there and play.
Speaker 1: I would like to think.
Speaker 9: That he's at eighty five percent now, And my hope was that he could play in this game to get knock the rust off his body against against this team and then take the bye week and then that way you don't have to knock the rust off against the Eagles front seven.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it looks I mean there's so much obviously going of their offense. Are we gonna be able to depend on our defense to create some scoring? Can we get Isaiah Rodgers to get a couple touchdowns for us?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 1: Right? Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 9: I mean, they again, I talked about this pregame for both sides of the field with the Steelers and US. I mean, turnovers come in bunches usually. I mean, it's it's nice. I mean, I think the goal is to be consistent every game to have one or two takeaways, but it's not always the case. You might go a game or two where you get maybe one one takeaway and then all of a sudden you get four and you're like dang, And then you add it all up and you're like the averages look like it's like one or two a game. But in reality, it just comes in bunches. And so I did not expect us to come out again on fire and take the ball away.
Speaker 1: Now now they did twice. Yeah, you know, they tipped.
Speaker 9: The ball to line of scrimmage and got a couple cheap interceptions, But it is going to take an effort like that.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 9: That's kind of what I was talking to Jonathan Allen after the game. It's like, how difficult is that end game to to not only want to rush the quarterback but also know that you've got to be alert of quick game and three step and maybe get your hands up.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, you got to stop the run.
Speaker 9: It just I feel like now defensive like the defensive lineman plays softer in those scenarios because you are wanting to take your attention to the to the quarterback versus the run game, and which is why we got you know, ran over a little bit this last game. So that's why I'm a little concerned by what Stefanci's game plan is going to be based on what he saw with the with the Steelers and the fact that they have a pretty quality, high quality running back, well better better than what the Steelers had last week, and you saw the way they ran the football.
Speaker 5: And we're gonna have to get our defensive line to get their hands in the sky as well, because We're facing a quarterback that's five.
Speaker 1: To ten and he's a lefty, and he's a lefty.
Speaker 9: Which is which is a whole which is a whole different dynamic. You know when you're looking at you know, some of his some of his you know, big runs from last year. I mean he had a huge run against Oregon State last year for like sixty yards you know, where they he had like a just an RPO where he just kept it on the little read option where he kept it on the edge and there he is out the gate running on the offensive left side. I mean, it's the whole thing is just it's just like me driving here in England.
Speaker 1: Everything's reversed, you know.
Speaker 9: And everything's gonna be geared towards that left side, so you're gonna have to design some blitzes and things to attack his blind side, which is just a complete mirror image of what we normally do.
Speaker 3: Hey Ben, do you think there's any frustration on this team with some of the star players.
Speaker 1: I mean, why, yeah.
Speaker 9: I guess why wouldn't there be if I'm if I'm on this team and we're two and two and we've when we play well, we play well well. I guess first game was like, we didn't play very well into the fourth quarter, but then you go out and just blow out a team and then the other teams that we lose to we get dominate the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Really, I'd be frustrated. I'd be like, what do we have here? Like why are we so inconsistent? And again, you know, talking to the feeling after the game, it sounds like the messaging from Koc was consistency and everything that they do personally as far as groups go, coaches, everybody has to be more consistent, and that's different for everybody. I mean, I know it's a lot of coaches speak, but finding consistency in your routine and how you can play at the highest level every single day when we're on the road is difficult. And that's what he's asking these guys to do, because nobody wants to see a schizophrenic team where you're up one day and then you're totally down the next.
Speaker 5: And you know what's driving coach the craziest. And I've I've heard this a couple of times. The penalties, the stupid play, especially pre snab penalties. I think his head's going to explode if we have more of that going on this week.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I'm with you, I've I've even you know, I know you guys have all heard and felt the same thing. All of our fan bases feel the same thing. Like we're normally a very disciplined team, and I'm I think I think we can all live with some of the physical plays that happened during the course of a play, Like there's always gonna be a holding call, there's always going to be an aggressive block in the back.
Speaker 1: Now there's some egregious ones.
Speaker 9: I mean on a punt return and you you block a guy in the back five yards away from the ball.
Speaker 1: Here, it's it's like what do you do? And that's very clearly you see that.
Speaker 9: You see the numbers that that there are some bonehead plays, but maybe those don't hurt as much if you don't have all these pre snap pedals. And we saw the flop on the who got called for that?
Speaker 1: Was that?
Speaker 5: It was Dallas, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: No, No, no, no, I know he was one of our one of our DB's. I thought.
Speaker 5: It was Larry Reynolds.
Speaker 3: Dusty Cowtown must have been.
Speaker 1: Was not know It's a different personal wasn't it? Wasn't it Murphy Murphy?
Speaker 3: Maybe he didn't make the trip. He doesn't have a passport.
Speaker 5: He doesn't have a passport.
Speaker 9: You know, I think was it was it scaronic? Actually hit him and then he turned in just like nudged him and the guy like did a soccer flop on the field, and they'll get called, you know.
Speaker 1: So there are there are situations like that. You're like, come on, what are you doing?
Speaker 9: But again, you can live with those those kind of one offs if we didn't constantly commit all these pre snappis chronic.
Speaker 2: Sounds like one of those Bill Hayter Stefan bits like New York's hottest nightclub Isronah.
Speaker 3: And I kind of missed that bit. Bill haters the best.
Speaker 2: Hey, Benjamin, since we only have you guys for a couple more minutes, what's it like being away from Twin City's Live for so long?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: I feel like I haven't seen you and Elizabeth pair up in months. My afternoons just aren't the same.
Speaker 1: How what's going on? Man?
Speaker 9: Well, as you've noticed, major League Baseball's preempted our show both Tuesday and Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sucked. Instant turnoff. Yeah, no channel sorry, Channel five, and I'm off. I'm not watching baseball. Baseball is great. I watched Twin City's Live Ladies.
Speaker 9: And the funny thing is, I think there's something else going on today. We have a show today, but I don't think it's gonna be I don't know if it's gonna be airing in every market because of baseball.
Speaker 1: So it's a it's kind of a bizarre week. So it's actually a.
Speaker 9: Good week to miss because technically we've got, you know, two shows we got canceled, and then you know, today's show is going to be a little a little different too. It's still gonna be like regularly scheduled and we're still gonna have a bunch of guests and stuff on there, but we're I don't know if everybody's gonna see it, so like it's yeah, it's weird. I mean the whole I don't know how you feel about Chris the whole time. The six hour time changing thing is just weird. I mean everything you're trying to communicate with people back home, trying to talk to my kids, trying to talk to my wife, trying to you know, trying to keep up with them, but it's like by the time they get done with school, like I'm winding down for the day, and it's like by the time they get done with all their activities after school, I'm going to bed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I much. I hate to say this because you know, again looking at the gift horse in the mouth, but I'm ready to come home. You know, I love I love doing these trips and this is awesome, and I know it's a it's a huge honor to be involved in this, but it is a long time to be away from home, and it's uh, we are Uh yeah, it's just it's odd. I feel like I'm not getting enough done or I'm doing too much or one or the other. You know, it's it's an odd, odd.
Speaker 3: Thing travel guild.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I don't even know, man, It's just it's a it's a weird thing that I feel like I should be doing way much more than I am and taking advantage of things like that. But on the whole, Uh, there's lots going on back in the Twin Cities it that I could be taken care.
Speaker 3: Of, Isn't it weird?
Speaker 2: Though, Like when you go to a place like Europe, you feel like you're every moment you waste, you're wasting it. But then you go to Las Vegas and you're like, I'm going to take a four hour nap and it feels incredible. Four hour nap in the middle of the day in England would be an absolute waste of a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not even close.
Speaker 9: You know what's kind of wild is there is Obviously we all gain perspective when we do these trips like this.
Speaker 1: And no matter where you go in the world.
Speaker 9: But I was talking to a couple of people this was actually in Dublin, not so much here, but a couple of the locals unit.
Speaker 1: It's where we can make a.
Speaker 9: Small talk and obvious by our accents and stuff, they all know that we're quote unquote foreigners, which is so weird because a side story, I was ordering dinner the other day when I was out of my own out in the wild at the cots in the Cotswolds, and the servers couldn't understand what I was saying, and I was so baffled by their confusion, you know, and I'm like, man, that's how they feel. Anybody feels when they come over to America and we just give them that side look like, and then like they gave me the wrong drink. So I was trying to order just a dirty martini, like I just want a dirty martini with kettle one. Now, kettle one was listed on their things, it was actually in one of their signature drinks. I'm like, I'll just do the kettle one, but I'll do it dirty martini. And she says she was like mumbled something and I was like, just a martini, just a dirty martini, and she's like okay, and she comes back with this pink like Cosmopolitan nailed it anywhere perfect, And I'm like, I don't know how that got so lost in translation. But the point of the story is, and they're getting really long winded here, is that I was talking to some people in double and they're like, man, when we go to America, we just we just can't believe, like all the places that you can go and see and it's all still America.
Speaker 1: Like you guys, your guys's.
Speaker 9: Country is so beautiful and there's so many cool things to see. And I'm like, yeah, you're right, Like what we just don't take advantage of some of the things, Like they were blown away by the mountains. The fact that like we can just jump on a plane and just go see the mountains, you know, in our same country with no passport. Sure, you know, and we can go see something like the Grand Canyon, or like we have all this coastline and we can go to so many beaches across both coasts and all of it is within just a quick plane flight. And we look at it as like such an inconvenience, like ah, I gotta fly three hours to Florida, or like, I don't know, these people here would do it on a weekend and we're trying to plan out seven to ten days to go take advantage of something like that.
Speaker 1: You just saw. I just figured it out.
Speaker 5: No, I just figured something out when he said that, you know what I missed the most, And I didn't realize until you said it. Man, I have to wait to be taken somewhere. I miss having my car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, and.
Speaker 5: That weird like to be free to go out, get in my car and go where I need to go right now and get stuff done. It's that, isn't That is the kind of freedom that I that I take for granted every day that I'm missing right now the ability to go to the bookstore if I want to, or to drive to get something to eat, or or to use my own toilet or do whatever, you know what I mean, Like I missed that freedom having a car. I didn't miss that let.
Speaker 3: Me problems, yeah for sure, yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: So when I when I rented the car and I went out west the last couple of days. So everything about it was stressful, right, I like driving on the wrong side of the road, the stream wheel on the right side of the car, like all of it was like was just so foreign and like it took all my brain power just to me basically not crash my car. The thing is, though, I I did have a moment there where I'm just on the actual hot their their highway. It was like a four lane highway. So I felt comfortable because I'm like, okay, I'm just going with the flow traffic. And I had that moment where I was started. I started playing music and I'm like this is nice. I relaxed, and I'm like I don't care that I'm just sitting in a car and driving. This feels so free. It's like I felt like I was riding a bicycle. Sure you know that feeling of freedom when you're riding a bicycle. Yeah, I felt like that when I was driving the car. I'm like, this is so much better than just being cooped up in my hotel room. And I don't even care that I'm still sitting. I'm not doing anything, but this is really enjoyable.
Speaker 5: Well, and I'll tell you there's always the danger over here too, guys. And it's a real, very real dance vipers. No Pa tickle in your sides at any moment. I mean, honestly, we're with Pa this entire time, and you just never know when he's going to look over the top of the toilet at you. Yeah, well, I don't know. He may be watching me right now. I just take for granted he's always there.
Speaker 2: And you guys love last thing, and we'll let you go, and I know you guys are going to go for the day. I always feel like international travel is a little bit like a New Year's resolution. When you're on vacation. You get the perspective, right, You're like, man, you know what this is. I should spend more time outside. I should walk more. I should reach out to so and so. Maybe I should be nicer to Sauce on the air.
Speaker 3: What And then you.
Speaker 2: Get home and that lasts about twenty four hours and you fall right back in the old and you're like, I'm never going outside.
Speaker 3: Sauce is an idiot. I gotta rip them console.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: I love that moment when you're overseas and you're like, I need to change my life, just like jan one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never stick, No man.
Speaker 5: I could live here because of the weather, but other than that, I miss I miss Murky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all right, I miss you guys.
Speaker 3: Chris in morning, correct.
Speaker 5: Yep, I'll be out tomorrow morning. Don't forget to thank Bell Bank when you have Tom Pella Sero on here day twenty Okay.
Speaker 2: You got it, all right, Benjamin, Chris, have fun man, see you guys. Bye guy, guys, all right, uh Fan five and a second, Tom Pelo Saro in like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: This is the power Trip Morning Joe on the Fan.