Speaker 1: An exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talking.
Speaker 2: All right, we're inside the Dodger Clubhouse with Dodger closer Edwin Ds celebrating his first Father's Day as a Dodger. Happy Father's Day, father of.
Speaker 3: Three, Thank you, thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Hey, great breath on a Father's Day too, Thank you for doing that for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yes, bed time on point.
Speaker 2: How much does being a dad mean to you?
Speaker 3: Means a lot?
Speaker 1: You know, I got three kids, three boys. You know, I enjoyed my time with them and I learned a lot from them, so I'm really happy to be that father. I'm also enjoying the time with them.
Speaker 2: Can you explain what it was like when you had your first child, to become a father for the first time.
Speaker 3: What's amazing, you know.
Speaker 1: You know, as a kid, you always dream to have kids and showed them how to live the life and being able to hold you to have my first son and try to teach him the good things good. I'm giving advice to him and it's been great, So I'd be really proud. How how my kids are growing up.
Speaker 2: Feels like a lot of us we try to be better dads even though we may have had a good one, we try to be better. How much does that inspire you to be a father, maybe to do as much as your dad did for you and maybe more.
Speaker 1: You know, I was I was lucky. How I good father and he teaches me a lot of good teams. You know, my father did great job for me and my brothers, So I was just trying to keep in the same path with him. You know what why he teaches me. I tried to teach my kid because he teached me a good thing. And that's why I'm here right now.
Speaker 2: And doin How much did your dad play into you loving baseball?
Speaker 3: A lot?
Speaker 1: I think my both parents that was on me to play baseball. You know, they took me to my first practice, took me to my first game, signed that they always support me and was trying to help me always to be better person and a better player.
Speaker 2: How much did you play catch? How much did your dad teach you to be the guy that you are right now and all star one of the best closers in the game.
Speaker 3: A lot? A lot?
Speaker 1: You know as a kid, you know, I always was with my mom and my dad. My dad was practicing, practicing us and now I'm still in the Billies.
Speaker 3: But my father give me a lot of advice.
Speaker 1: You know, you watch every game and every time when he sees something, he tried to give me a good advice, tried to give get me better.
Speaker 2: How much has your dad helped you through this injury process?
Speaker 3: A lot, a lot. You know they've been there always.
Speaker 1: You know, he knows I was in the sidelines a little bit and always talk to him and give me good bye. D working hard work, hugging there in that process to come back stronger than ever edwin.
Speaker 2: The other day we saw you throw a bullpen session. It looked like you could have pitched the ninth and in two days ago. Where are you as far as getting closer to the returning.
Speaker 1: You know, doing great? You know I threw my first bullpen on Friday. I was really good, you know, over my expectations. You know, I was settecting do something and I was way easier than than than I expect doing it. So I'm really happy. You know, I'm going in the right direction, and I can't wait to complete my rehab and be back with the thing.
Speaker 3: As soon as possible.
Speaker 2: When would that be?
Speaker 3: I ho after the All Star.
Speaker 1: Break, you know, being with the team and keep keep rolling with them and help this thing to win the War series.
Speaker 2: Do you think you have to go on a rehab appearance before the All Star Breaker? You think that also happens after the All Star Break?
Speaker 1: Now, before before that, you know, I start throwing bullpens. My first whoopen was great. I feel healthy. I keep playing catch every single day, you know my routine, and just now keep throwing bullpens, throw couple lives and then go re have assignment and hopefully after the Brady back you were.
Speaker 2: Talking about how it just wasn't feeling right the command of the fastball. Have you noticed the difference since having your procedure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my arm feel way better. You know.
Speaker 1: Now I can't of stand my own better. I can't finish my pitches better. The Friday, my father was great, you know, was way better than before. So that's a good signed.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: We can't wait to see you back closing out the ninth inning for the Dodgers. But your bullpen has been holding it down while you have not been here. You got to give them some love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to be back and get them some love. On all those guys, you know, they've been busting their us, you know, and working hard every single day and putting zeros and wait to way with them and help them too to keep putting sitter with them.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot for the time, Happy Father's Day, and we'll see after the All Star break.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, appreciate it.