Speaker 1: The next like thirty minutes or so. It's Mojo in the Morning. Phone numbers eighty four to four Mojo Live eight four four sixty six five sixty five four eight. Has anyone ever lost their wedding ring? Shannon was frantic yesterday when she got a five.
Speaker 2: That wasn't frantic.
Speaker 1: He was frantic. He was frantic. Were you concerned? Uh?
Speaker 2: Well, he so he plays with his wedding He does this all the time and it drives me nutty. But he plays with his wedding ring always. But I guess now I have come to understand, Like while he's on meeting calls at his desk at work, he'll like play with it, take it off, you know whatever. And he got up to go to the bathroom and when he was washing his hands, he realized his ring wasn't on and he had no clue where it was. Started to panic. Went back to his desk, couldn't find it. Traced his steps back to the bathroom, couldn't find it, went out to his car, couldn't find it. Sends me a text, I am spitting myself. I played with my ring during calls, went to the bathroom between calls, got back to my seat. He's like telling me this whole story because he knows, like, I'm going to be like, why did you take your whe got back to my seat to take another one. Realize my ring was off my stomach sank. I thought I flushed it or something, So in all caps, I'm like, where is it? And he said, I'm looking. Thank god he found it, and then he showed me where it was. He said it was on my desk. I feel like an idiot right under my headphones. But I'm like, why why are you taking it off in the first place? Just keepe the dang.
Speaker 1: Thing ondget spinner. I've done that before though, Like you take it off because maybe it's tight because of the temperatures outside or the humidity. It swells, your finger swells, And I've put it on the control board and lost it. And the worst I wasn't worried about the actual ring. I was worried about the story. You have to tell me that's exactly it. I don't know how about that, because then he starts thinking, well.
Speaker 2: I think he knew he was in deep doo doo. I don't know what I just tried to say, he was in deep trouble. Because that's why I got the text that it was missing, yeah, and then the photo of where it was when he found it.
Speaker 1: But I want to know where did your you know, person lose their ring? And did anybody have like one of those panic attacks like Wes has had and I had and some I'm sure everybody else has had where you don't want to tell your significant other because you're worried that they're going to think the worst. And then did the worst happen? Was it true that they maybe lost it while they were doing something they should have been doing? Eight four four Mojoe Live.
Speaker 3: You ring wearers, you married folk, do you feel like it was harder to keep track of that ring when you first got it, or was it so new you were like, I'm just gonna look at it all the time. I'm going to fill it all the time, because if it's new, I feel like it's easier to get lost. Then if you have it for years and years, just becomes like another abandage.
Speaker 2: I never ever, ever, ever ever take mine off, not when I'm sleeping, not when I shower, not when I wash my hands. However, fran Lucido, because my ring is my rings are from Lucido find Jewelry. My engagement ring in my wedding bands told me that I need to start taking mine off when I go to the gym because when I like grab on to weights or the machines or whatever, it's making my my stones loose. And she's like, you really do have to take it off when you do stuff like that. Just leave it at home in a safe place. I'm too scared to so I'm constantly taking them in.
Speaker 1: But stones, by the way, has some look at that.
Speaker 2: Because my wedding band has like stones all the way around, and you're really not supposed to do that, like you're supposed to be careful.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you when something funny with the ring? When I first started wearing it, I would play with it all the time, like I would it was it was so weird, like I'm like moving it around us playing with it. And then over time, because my first wedding ring was an Irish clatter ring and then it's a this Irish ring with like these the heart and hands and stuff like that, and so I eventually then got rid of it because I was a little bit too fat to wear it, and so I changed my ring and then now my ring is an ORROR ring, So I just wear an ORR ring on my ring fingers because I don't like wearing jewelry on my fingers. Like although I always wanted to be like one of those guys, like the Lone Shark in Vegas that has like rings all over mister t. But there are times where I walk out of the house and my ORR rings on the charger and I forget it, and I feel weird not having the ring, you know, especially when I'm going to the strip club. I think it's so your or ring is in place of your wedding ring. Yes, yeah, does Chelsea like is that? Okay? I don't think Chelsea even cares if I wear ring. I went through a period where I didn't wear a ring at all.
Speaker 4: I was dead.
Speaker 1: Honestly. I was just wasn't wearing it. And also I think we were going through struggles and stuff, so I was like, you know, maybe a little bit. Yeah, but I I got to tell you that I think that for guys, you gotta be careful when you put the ring in your sock, in like your sock. If all have you done that? I don't have a why would you do that? I worked with a guy named Mark McKay, and Mark McKay was our afternoon guy and we would go we would go do bar gigs and he would put his ring in his sock and I'd be like, oh, yeah, you really can't tell you're married from the tan line. What's up, Tammy? How you doing?
Speaker 5: Oh kay, good morning? A longtime listener.
Speaker 1: On the phone.
Speaker 5: I was calling because I was litening this topic and I'm like, oh my goodness, I have a story. I was actually shopping at Laurel Park place that was in by Mar, and that was the day. I had been there in a while, and I'm like, oh, I'm going to walk them all. And then by the time I leave, I get to my car and I put my hands on my steering wheel and I was like, oh my god, my diamond is gone. And I lost the diamond. I had a solidaire. I lost the diamond. I went home and I was stabbing. Told my husband. We got in the car, we drove back. We were walking along the mall with our heads down and never found it. Oh please, yes.
Speaker 2: So hopefully.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who knows if they did, I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The diamond part is is the because that's obviously where the majority of the money is right in the diamond.
Speaker 2: Yea, yes, yes, homeowners insurance?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you have any insurance?
Speaker 5: Yes, we did so. I was very fortunate. But yes, it was a very very sad day.
Speaker 3: So well, at least you didn't take it off, by the way, I didn't take it off.
Speaker 1: No, no, I know you got me doing today. I'm going to von mah Loral Park place. Somebody probably didn't catch it. Oh, it wouldn't come up on a metal sector because it's just the diamondctor. What's going on? How you doing? Mallory?
Speaker 6: Hi there, I'm a long time listener, I think not the first time calling. My first time calling was winning jingle bell tickets way back when Flow Rider in the ready set.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wow it was jingle bells.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That one was at Fox Theater. Remember that that was a Fox. I remember that because we were went up to the balcony and the balcony was bouncing. I came in the next morning thinking that we were going to die. Is that where you lost our wedding? Did you lose your rope?
Speaker 6: I thought that I did so. I was in Printacana for a friend's wedding. My fiance was standing up in the wedding. We were spending the whole morning out on the We were had the dreams and printakana and there's a little lazy river throughout the whole area. So we were spending our whole morning there. My husband leaves to go get ready with all.
Speaker 3: The groom's men.
Speaker 4: I go get ready.
Speaker 6: I'm taking my shower, getting dressed, getting ready. All of a sudden I looked down and my engagement ring is gone. I start having a panic attack.
Speaker 4: It was crazy.
Speaker 6: I was searching around everywhere, running all up and down the lazy river, throughout the hallways. At our friend's place. One of the hotel workers saw me freaking out because my in my hotel room, I had the door wide open, just looking everywhere for it. He ended up coming in. It was in my towel where it must have when I was dying off, must have just kind of slipped right off. I found it, But that.
Speaker 1: Was an honest guy, by the way, right, Yes it was gone, and I didn't want to Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yes, I didn't want to worry him while he was getting ready for the wedding. So I had no clue what.
Speaker 2: I was in my room and that might be a shady story, it's helping me take off my towel.
Speaker 1: And Jeff, this is what I wanted. I want a guy that lost his ring, because guys losing their ring is different than a woman losing their diamond or their ring or something, you know what I mean, because women love their ring. Even if women are cheating, they're saving their ring the guy. What's up? Jeffy there?
Speaker 4: Yes, I am how are you spring good?
Speaker 1: Jeff lost his ring and had to tell his wife. Did she get all worked up about that? Jeff?
Speaker 7: Not really, because I lost it as I was just finishing up chemo treatments.
Speaker 1: Oh would you lose it?
Speaker 7: And well, I lost a lot of weight and my mind wasn't quite straight. And at the end of the day I knew it was missing. So we tried to retrace my tracks, and we looked everywhere, inside, gloves, in, just everywhere, and it was actually missing for almost three years.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: And then and then my wife decided that it was time to do a deep clean on our kitchen freezer and found it in the very bottom of our freezer.
Speaker 1: What was it doing in there?
Speaker 7: Well, evidently I went to reach for something in the freezer and it lit off.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling these days, Jeff? Are you good?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I'm cancer free. Yeah, and go for regular testing.
Speaker 4: But but it.
Speaker 7: Really when I lost that ring, my wife suggested that I wear my deceased father's ring. And I sort of had weird feelings about that little creepy but she insisted, and my father's sisters, my aunts insisted, and I did wear that until you know, after a period of time, you start putting way back on and I say aful to wear my ring again, and I'm wearing it today.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Jah, that's a great story, buddy, Thank you for the call. Appreciated great news. Uh and continued blessings to you. Uh. Look who's on the phone with us? JG lost his ring, Cav's best bud.
Speaker 4: I'm struggling.
Speaker 1: I'm struggling like I'm on the stuggle. You guys were out last night last night? How were what were you drinking last night?
Speaker 4: Uh? Honestly, I don't. I think I have some Hennessy.
Speaker 8: At one point, I think I might have some tequila.
Speaker 4: It was just a lot.
Speaker 6: It was a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh, I did have a poloma too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did have a piloma. So tell me, tell me about losing your ring. Did you get in trouble?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, well yeah, so it was actually though we had a destination wing can't kun and great Tom, Great Tom. And I'm I'm not used to like going through TSA with the ring on, so I'm thinking, you take your ring off. So I took my ring off, put it in the being, left it didn't get it out the being, and then it was over. I went back to TSA. They said, no, we don't see it. We haven't seen it. I waited, but yeah, my original wedding ring was lost in Mexico, in the Mexicano airport.
Speaker 1: That's why I tale got it. I had no idea about that. That's better than being lost going out to the bar with cat last night at one o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there we were together when I lost it.
Speaker 4: So my wife was with me when I lost it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, all right, Garank, buddy, appreciate it. Hold on a second courtney, where'd your husband loses ring? Or where'd he say he lost his ring?
Speaker 4: Fishing?
Speaker 6: He would stop every day after work and go fishing every day.
Speaker 1: And he got her name was trout. So he would stop on his way home from work every day and say that he was going fishing.
Speaker 5: I mean, I believe him.
Speaker 3: I was ten years ago.
Speaker 5: We're still together, but yeah, he would to.
Speaker 4: Be stressed from a crappy factory job.
Speaker 5: He stopped for an hour or so after work and fish.
Speaker 1: But did he ever bring home any catch?
Speaker 5: It was always catch released.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 1: We're not trying to put anything in your head. Where will he send a dozen free? We'll find out next Thursday, Colin, all that, Cheyenne? What's up? Cheyenne?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 8: Longtime listener? Got this cook?
Speaker 3: I didn't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: I was like, thirteen, We love you, thank you. How old are you know?
Speaker 8: Twenty nine?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, what's going on?
Speaker 5: So both me and my husband lost our wedding room.
Speaker 4: We currently do not have wedding Oh how did that happen?
Speaker 5: So I actually got pregnant in mine like completely broken half, and we lost it in a rental car. Actually never found it. He lost it shortly after during.
Speaker 8: Our move and we thought it was just trying to get divorced.
Speaker 5: We're like, yeah, we're.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys aren't divorced though, are you Oh my god, because that is weird, you know what I mean, like you stern, you wonder like sign, Yeah, I know, seriously, let's see here that's the kiss. She gained weight and her ring broke and actually, like at that pregnant supposed to just take it like a quick bee. I don't want to do it. I was going, are you doing Anna? Your grandfather is on the phone with us right now, Pops, Pops, what's happening?
Speaker 4: Man? Hey, good morning, doll.
Speaker 1: How are you. It's good to have you on.
Speaker 4: So I'm doing I'm doing great, and I do. And I have a lost ring story.
Speaker 1: Uh oh here yeah.
Speaker 4: In fact, it was twenty months ago today. We moved from Florida to Michigan. Stopped halfway in Georgia that Friday night, and got up Saturday morning and left and while I'm driving, I noticed my ring is gone. So I did pull over to I'm hours and hours and hours away. Then I pulled over and called the hotel and they said, we'll check it out and call you back. And they did call back in about twelve hours and say, the cleaning lady found it.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 4: It was in the shower sixty three years old.
Speaker 1: The ring man beside himself. I remember this, well, what was it doing in the shower? You'd take off your ring and put it somewhere in the shower when you're showering.
Speaker 4: No, it had to slip off. But here's the big thing. They said, we'll mail it to you, and I said great, and I said to Mary, it'll probably be there the same time we get there, and never got it.
Speaker 1: To wow, you wow, it got lots. That's awful. That's said.
Speaker 4: They sent it. And you know, somebody probably figured they're touching the envelope and they could tell it was the ring and gold is so expensive or whatever. But we never got it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but now.
Speaker 4: At least on the bright side, when I go out, I'm single.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 1: You know what, there's always Zach put this on my board. Did you tell him to send to put a drop in or something? Or is that this is that Zach Zach put this drop on there, which is actually the reaction of I don't know if you remember when Kim Kardashian lost her.
Speaker 4: Oh there you go.
Speaker 1: That was we need our sister, and they're like, Kim, there are people w k Q I Detroit w u S, next on skedon Grand Rapids and iHeart Radio Station Garriteedman, Real people, real stories, real laughs, real smelly and real dumb. Sometimes Mojo in the morning, Mojo one, take y'all back to the beginning.
Speaker 6: Is alrighty ready you're listening