Speaker 1: And hey, one of one of a kind performance for one night only. Dave Chappelle returns to Minnesota February sixteenth at Grand Casina Arena, and we are taking your.
Speaker 2: Talkbacks for tickets.
Speaker 1: She's a talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app and tell us why you belong on the crowd. Winners will be selected all week long. Get the tickets details at KFA dot com. Qword contests.
Speaker 3: All right, now, it's officially the eight o'clock hour, and get serious. Now things are things are for real now it's happening.
Speaker 4: Buckle down now, we're buckled down over here at this joint.
Speaker 5: Marns.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's up?
Speaker 3: Are you the new CEO of Disney.
Speaker 4: I haven't checked my email this morning, but no.
Speaker 5: Fifty four year old Josh Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I thought you were going to say.
Speaker 3: Du Mail has been with the company since nineteen ninety eight. He's now the new CEO after Bob Iger's just been announced.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: He's currently the chairman of Disney Experiences, the division that includes the company's theme parks and cruises.
Speaker 5: And that position is open.
Speaker 2: Is zecha, Zach. That's your spot. That's your Spotzach. This is your moment.
Speaker 5: Your moment.
Speaker 6: Is it gonna hurt that I don't have a business degree such your sofar?
Speaker 2: It might help any degree.
Speaker 5: He didn't speak like that.
Speaker 7: I'm sure at the shareholders meeting when you're like, I'm excited to be here, is.
Speaker 2: Invest in our company more?
Speaker 3: But nobody loves the theme parks more than you. Have you been on one of the cruises? I have not any of your family ever.
Speaker 1: No, my mom's very uh sea like, not seasick, but like she's got motion sickness, so be a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, but but she goes on rides. Uh. Has she ever been on Pirates of the Caribbean? Yes?
Speaker 7: Has she ever been on the whatever? He used to be twenty thousand leagues under the sea? Now it's like Nemo's Adventures.
Speaker 2: Not done that one though. Yeah, Jack Sparrow, what's that? Nothing?
Speaker 5: Do you know what? Sausa's grandma's favorite ride.
Speaker 2: Was amazing hot lot. See that's funny. Well, thanks, yeah, you're funny.
Speaker 5: Thank you, buddy.
Speaker 2: I've never been to Disney we know rush. Oh, I'm sorry. That's because your dad was too busy getting work done, being a lawyer.
Speaker 5: And paying for the groceries you were eating.
Speaker 2: I'm taking a beating today.
Speaker 5: Where's your grandma?
Speaker 6: Oh, she's been dead for like twenty years, having brother, Thanks Joel's.
Speaker 2: Time for fine on the power trip.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would have said somebody else, But all right, just this jokes inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Somebody is texting the sand for the first time after you opened.
Speaker 7: This seed the six four six eighty six, the bransh iron Land text line.
Speaker 2: This is inappropriate. Come on, what is it?
Speaker 7: Apparently your grandmother's favorite ride at Disney was Splash Mountain.
Speaker 8: That so.
Speaker 2: Stop texting stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Well, the first time you ever opened the text line that happened to show up.
Speaker 7: I love how over the years I've been ripped. Abbot's ripped me like, why don't you check the email? Why don't you check the text line?
Speaker 2: And then the last couple of weeks, sick man, you were ahead of the curve them. I told you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I told you, smart man. Just don't engage, just do your show and go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, Rosie gets it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well, there was one time we glad, We're glad you had it open. That was one of the last times I had it open.
Speaker 5: I think that's the word glad.
Speaker 2: It's probably the no. But you still have. Hue has all the pictures.
Speaker 5: Here's Franklin delan A Roosevelt on Sausa's grandma.
Speaker 3: I shocked its accent.
Speaker 2: Was FDR's accident?
Speaker 5: Anything else?
Speaker 2: I shagged a routin baby?
Speaker 7: What kind?
Speaker 2: I guess? I told you. I told you there's no way at forty yard died in nineteen forty five.
Speaker 3: Ja.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, he was a shagging wagon.
Speaker 7: So she had some fireside checks with Did you say she was born in nineteen nineteen, Yeah, timeline checks out.
Speaker 6: Right, So she was still married in nineteen forty That doesn't stop FDR.
Speaker 2: So so he went through two D days? What wouldn't with your grandma? The hell was T day?
Speaker 5: Is every day for your grandma?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 2: Or stutterers?
Speaker 7: Oh that's good core, thank you, funny thanks man. By the way, that wasn't my joke. Somebody texted that six four six eighty six.
Speaker 2: That's inappropriate. O. Hawks, don my speakle matter? What hawk? Notice how you did the fecal matter joke? In the whole room went silent? Go last weekend?
Speaker 7: Outstanding? Oh you're outstanding. Did you do a new material? Yeah, give us a preview. What did that sound like?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, you have to come see it in man Cato on uh February twenty first Man Ballroom dot Com. Great spot, right hogs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, I love that play. I'm glad you're playing there.
Speaker 3: I love that place, man, Yeah, awesome, Yeah, Okay, it's time for fans.
Speaker 5: He played that near mine.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl.
Speaker 7: Super Bowl sixty is Sunday at five thirty. The Pro Bowl Games is tonight. Can't wait and say it's on this station tonight?
Speaker 2: What Yeah?
Speaker 6: Hawk asked for it in case he had to go outside or run errands tonight and he wanted to hear it.
Speaker 4: Do you got so many a Greece on on the old tonight?
Speaker 6: I may be wrong, and I am a lot and if I am, all of you will point it out. I think all of it went down this weekend. I think it's like tape, isn't it?
Speaker 1: I better not be better not be airing taped play by play then on the what's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: I believe it's recorded in this digital age.
Speaker 2: Well, it's guaranteed human. What does it matter.
Speaker 1: It's a brilliant move by west Wood One to have an excuse to get a free trip to Orlando.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous. We should go cover right, disney Land.
Speaker 4: Or World World World or r L.
Speaker 7: All right, Martin, this is stupid, but I'm gonna do it. This is an actual sports question. Oh here, in a show that's been ridiculous today, have an actual sports question. And this isn't my take. I just saw somebody else say this, and I'm like, that makes a lot of sense. Actually, you know in the NBA, now we're doing this World versus the USA whatever garbage? Right, yes, in the NBA for the All Star Game, for the All Star Game. Oh sorry, this is my this is jumping off the pay bowls. Sorry, all Star Game? Right, USA or the World?
Speaker 4: Trying something new?
Speaker 2: So you know, like Kawhi Leonard didn't make the All Star Games.
Speaker 7: Like every year there's a snub or two and people are going, man, Lebron just got on because a legacy, Kawhi is having a better year than Lebron and blah blah blah blah blah. Well, somebody brought up the point like with a new format, why the hell are we doing Eastern Conference in Western Conference anymore?
Speaker 2: Like why can't we just have the twenty four best players?
Speaker 7: That the fact that some players don't make the cut because there's a logjam in your conference. They're like, why is it conference related anymore? And that should be thrown out moving forward your thoughts.
Speaker 4: I can't disagree with that. Maybe one big change at a time is enough, and maybe that will be the next one. I don't know the answer. I haven't spent enough time thinking about it, but you know I will tonight.
Speaker 2: When you're watching the Pro Bowl. Exactly.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't this be better if there weren't Eastern and Western conferences in the NBA?
Speaker 4: Yes, but that is still how the entire league is separated. That is still how the entire playoffs work. That is how the finals work. I mean the WN went away. They don't do West East anymore. They do one through eight I think, and those are teams.
Speaker 2: I threw that out a week or two ago.
Speaker 7: Even when it comes to the NFL that at some point when it comes to the postseason, why are we always splitting it up?
Speaker 4: Well, we talked the best teams a couple of weeks ago because of the wild and their situation in their not not even East West, but within their division, a division, and how that should be. That sounds archaic that you're caught up in a with two other teams and therefore that's going to cost you in the playoffs. Who cares about a division and to do? In the NFL? We do, don't we?
Speaker 1: And divisions were created in a time where you know, these weren't billion dollar leagues where you know, you did have to kind of worry about travel budgets and everything like that. Without that, I guess, strain and then being able to fly whenever and plan this out you could have. I feel like you could have a thirty two team league and just go top whatever make the playoffs.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 7: And again, the NHL should absolutely be the first to do what the p WHL does, which is let the teams draft or select their opponent in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: It would be epic, that could be super interested.
Speaker 4: Great, I would add a little bit of juice.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it really would?
Speaker 7: And again it's all about TV, right, you could broadcast the hell out of that, make it look super cool. Oh yeah, what a better way to They're doing this to start rivalries right, making sure you play your division in round one. That was the idea of the NHL switching to this is make sure you run into your division rivals as often as possible and build those rivalries.
Speaker 2: What better way to build bad blood.
Speaker 7: Than having a team call another team out and be like, we want you in round one.
Speaker 2: That'll piss you off. That's definition bulletin board material.
Speaker 1: You get picked, oh man in the betting on who the number one pick is going to be?
Speaker 2: And soft and it's going to be plush. What's the thread count? Good? Maybe a little a little firm there? Uh go?
Speaker 7: For women's basketball is red hot. They won four straight. They are at number ten Iowa on Thursday. We're still a.
Speaker 2: Couple of days away from that.
Speaker 7: But I'm just going to compare and contrast the men and the women, because the men are going the wrong direction three the women are going the right way. Seven regular season Big Ten games left for the women. But if you look at the old others receiving votes in the old AP voting, sure the Gopher women would be ranked thirtieth right now.
Speaker 2: So they're just outside the top twenty five.
Speaker 7: So they are in NCAA team in the making, or if we can just keep this thing going. They are sixteen and six overall, seven and four in the Big Ten, but again at number ten Iowa on Thursday, speaking of number ten, that's exactly what the men are facing. They have number ten Michigan State tomorrow night, six o'clock at the Barn. Michigan State is nineteen and three. The Gopher men have nine regular season Big Ten games to go. They've lost seven straight shorthanded. They're working their ass off. They just don't have the talent. They don't have the depth.
Speaker 5: But working people with bigger hands.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I don't know, functioning legs and not have torn acls and achilles or whatever else we have that'll help functional players.
Speaker 1: Losing by like one score like it's uh competitive. Yeah, it's a good foundation. Cno.
Speaker 7: Even the game that got blowed on uh uh uh the Nebraska game where it was the second half blowouts. They played super well in the first half, had a lead against the number seven team at the time.
Speaker 2: What are you gonna do? Yeah, what are you gonna do? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Pat gets it. Pat probably goes to half the game. He probably does fight like, hell yeah, Pat man. I haven't been to a Gopher game in a long time.
Speaker 7: Hockey's been more recentigned I've never been to a Gopher hockey game. I kiddo went to one over the weekend. That was the one that was like eight to four where the Gophers slaughtered. It was Wisconsins go for Hockey's eight plus never been. It's wonderful cool arena fun times. It has to be cool otherwise. The ice melt task Man, who whatever his name is, Musky, the.
Speaker 4: Manager of the seventieth ranked arena in the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 7: Those rankings concrete? Are those solidified? Are you ever gonna?
Speaker 1: I mean, the problem is I had to go to every single one and operate it.
Speaker 2: I'm a little different.
Speaker 7: It was a whole scientific scale re release the updated rankings though that was like years ago, right, But.
Speaker 2: They got to go and I got to go back to all the ranks and it takes time to do twenty one pilots and driver on the stage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to Deluth this weekend, so I'll go out the new Hermantown rink and.
Speaker 2: Have you.
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 4: And are you going to see Duluth in North Dakota they're playing.
Speaker 1: I'm trying like a Saturday night. The tickets are sold out, so I'm trying to might have to scalp somebody.
Speaker 2: I don't really know. Anybody up there?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 2: Really, Corey he'll pay for it. Hey, Corey, do you pay for him? No? Even though they're sold out.
Speaker 4: Can you, Zach, if you do re rank the high school arenas, can you please let me know and I'll have Matt like, maybe make sure it's all cleaned up or whatever, because he just came off probation from the last ranking. Had no idea, how.
Speaker 2: Mad when the inspectors coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll let you up to the eight.
Speaker 2: Great with that event.
Speaker 7: If Zach put out a mostly sarcastic list and people actually lost their jobs, you.
Speaker 2: Got people fired. Well, there were there were rinks.
Speaker 1: Somebody I follow this thing sent me a picture a couple years ago when I put it out. There were rinks that when I put them in the top five or whatever. Uh printed it out and put it on the wall as a patch of honor.
Speaker 2: That's sweet.
Speaker 6: You're you're you're some kind of an official document. Yeah, it matters. It was one obviously, kay fan Arena.
Speaker 7: How do you not remember? This is the one that you voted the best?
Speaker 1: Number one was Ira Civic Center and Grand Rapids devastated.
Speaker 2: What was dead last?
Speaker 1: Dead last was TCO Sports Gardens. Wow, the Bears and the Mustangs and the Gentry Academy.
Speaker 5: Oh wonder why you play most and they're no wonder the ice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Tommy hangs out there number sixty nine White Bear Sports Center Women and number seventy Dakota Sports Center.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Matt, Wow the problem man? Are you listening?
Speaker 2: Pat? Pat looks like a golfer fan?
Speaker 7: How many total? The one that was the last? What place was that arena? One hundred and uh forty eight and forty eight?
Speaker 2: You're a little high.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was told that there were some that had closed since I had gone there and on the ranking.
Speaker 7: So technically then there were arenas that finished behind arenas that were closed or.
Speaker 2: Had been demolished. Geez.
Speaker 7: Now, if that doesn't get somebody fired, I don't know what does poor Musky.
Speaker 4: I mean, he's still hurting from that. I gotta be honest.
Speaker 2: It's a smear.
Speaker 7: Yeah, ye headlines in a second is the power to Morning Joe. Marnie Gillander is here. It's Tuesday on the fan, Wild fans, this is yours season.
Speaker 1: Experience the energy, the goals and the unforgettable moments, said Grand Casino Arena. Get your tickets out wild dot com slash tickets a cheer on the Wild this season, got some time.
Speaker 2: And at a home for another month.
Speaker 4: Went to that Blackhawks game a week ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great job. By the way he dropped the puckwork I've never seen before.
Speaker 4: I put a little something on it.
Speaker 2: So you did throw it more than drop it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, spun it around a little, rolled it behind my head.
Speaker 2: On ice.
Speaker 4: Yeah. In the wild were down three nothing and then came back to win in overtime. It was electric in the arena. Hockey is still a great watch when you're when your team wins, it's the best. Yeah me kids, mm hmmm they left. Yeah, get back here, Yeah, good.
Speaker 2: Get here. Ah, that's nice.
Speaker 4: The moan at the beginning of that is, ah, what was concerning finish my sentence concerned?
Speaker 3: All right, open up your mouth, put out your tongue. You definitely got chlamydia rose.
Speaker 2: Must be nothing to do with the mouth. Let's combine those you yours, you eight years, I'll hit mine ready, let's combine them.
Speaker 5: Go two three, ah.
Speaker 2: Ah ah, all the way run. M that's worse. I don't know why that that's worse.
Speaker 4: Is like an orchestra.
Speaker 2: Now it's time for why one already?
Speaker 7: M My god, get your act together, rose guy. He just relaxed as hell, getting a.
Speaker 5: Massage, cleaning staff just quitch.
Speaker 7: Alright, all right, word'll announced they are going to begin reusing words.
Speaker 5: I've never played that one time. I'd like to try it.
Speaker 7: And the New York Times paid a bazillion dollars for it, Right to buy it, lucky bastards.
Speaker 6: What a good idea surprise. They haven't reused words yet. I mean, there's only something.
Speaker 7: Let's let's chat GPT this hang on while you're doing that, do you guys want to hear a finch?
Speaker 5: Same now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's it's on them finch. What's your safe word?
Speaker 4: Noll? Eric Stolanski.
Speaker 2: According to.
Speaker 7: Google AI, approximately how many five letter words are.
Speaker 2: There in the English language. All right, so there's truck that's one. Let's count them. Stop kmart five letters?
Speaker 4: It's keep going.
Speaker 2: What isn't kmart for?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I got a christ It's okay, relax, I'm sorry, I made a mistake. We are.
Speaker 7: O god.
Speaker 2: When was the last time in the Twin Cities there even was a kmar?
Speaker 6: Then we make a restaurant on your corpse called Embers. That should go take a shot, though? How many five letter words in the English language. According to Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: That thing was created what six seven, eight years ago, so three, six, nine, twelve, fifteen, eighteen, twenty one, I'd say twenty four thousand words.
Speaker 2: Jesus thirty thousand.
Speaker 5: Five letter words. It was like twelve thousand.
Speaker 2: I think I did the math run.
Speaker 4: I'm even going to go seventy five thousand, yeah.
Speaker 2: Ten thousand, yeah. One word? What common usage words?
Speaker 7: Most linguistic estimates suggest that there are approximately twelve to thirteen thousand to five letter words that would be recognized in an English dictionary, But according to the Free Dictionary, they list over one hundred and fifty eight thousand potential five letter entries, So there's a whole bunch of possibilities in words, words, but common usage somewhere in the twelve to thirteen thousand range.
Speaker 2: That's nice, right.
Speaker 7: The other ones would be super obscure terms, medical jargon, specialized scientific vocabulary.
Speaker 2: Things like that, so we wouldn't use them. Words made up right.
Speaker 4: When he's high, I think the wordle crowd typically will start with the same word because they've figured out the one that uses the most different letters, and it's a it's.
Speaker 2: The rst L any of Yeah, basically a hack exactly to get possible chance.
Speaker 7: I think that would take the fun out of it though, right, wouldn't they take the fun out of it to kind of just loser proof wordal. I think it feels more fun to just take a shot in the dark and see what happens and then adjust.
Speaker 4: Just fire up a five letters yeah word just kmart the heck out of it.
Speaker 2: That's letters.
Speaker 4: Sorry Kmart with two t ease to make it five.
Speaker 5: I like to play diddle.
Speaker 2: On that also has to tease. I'm sorry, rushed.
Speaker 5: It can well.
Speaker 2: Brilliant to catch.
Speaker 7: I think he's on today with a It's like super troopers just trying to sneak in him. What if what if Stohanski asked Chris Finch to see if he gets sneaking him mew into and that's how he did it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Finches, that's a cry for help. What if God was one of us, just a stranger on a bus make his way home. You know.
Speaker 6: Osborne is still with us, I think so we would have heard about it. Pull your hands up, Joan Osborne? God, Yeah, yeah, he loves the Osbourn's.
Speaker 2: You know she is uh, she is here. She's still here. Cape Cod potato chips sound amazing. They are. The kettle chips are off the charts there.
Speaker 7: When those things, when those sons of bitches go on sale at Costco and the like thirty cents a bag, it's just like I just go get a giant like Palte and say just give me all.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My name is Skip. Yeah, those things are so freaking good. The hell skips. He's taking my chips to my car.
Speaker 7: Anyway, the production of cape Cod chips is moving out of cape Cod. Oh, unless you look this up, this is hard to guess what company owns cape Cod potato chips.
Speaker 2: The reason I ask is it's it's kind of a strange. I wouldn't have known this.
Speaker 4: And Gamble, Nibisco, uh uh, General mill Land, the late Craft.
Speaker 2: This is a let me see if you get I think you guys can get this.
Speaker 7: This is a food company, though that has nothing to do with chips from Afar.
Speaker 2: This is Cloverdale Tyson.
Speaker 8: Mix.
Speaker 6: No, Chrischrish company, Twiddlers, Yes, yeah, Clyts Coldgate.
Speaker 2: Campbell's owns cape Coil ships. No weird, Yeah okay, Chris gets weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, so Campbell is gonna move it out of case thirsty and those cattle chips are freaking good. I'm gonna get them today. I just want to go to Costco with me? I would love to go. That'd be awesome.
Speaker 5: How glad are you guys that I forgot about that un till right now.
Speaker 6: That's pretty good because I would have That would be something that we would just play under rosy level. Yeah, you do want to go to Costco with me?
Speaker 2: I'll go.
Speaker 6: You know why we have to go to Costco? The kettle chips? No, because you know what's closed.
Speaker 2: Big busties embers Kmart. That's five letters. I'm well aware now, No thanks, bitch.
Speaker 7: A thirty eight year old man in California stole a pair of airplanes and flew one across two states, all while high on meth.
Speaker 2: What is he? Trevor GTA five? Gotcha? He also doesn't have a pilot's license. No, here's here's my here's my question. He didn't get up the plane's here's my question.
Speaker 7: I don't even know the answer, but I'm just asking hypothetically anyway, how do you steal two airplanes at the same time if you're flying one?
Speaker 2: Do you just hook the second one up to a trailer. Hitch. What do you mean you stole two planes?
Speaker 4: It doesn't say at the same time.
Speaker 2: No, but I assume if you're doing it because you're high on myth.
Speaker 4: Maybe you just roll it down the runway so you get to the other plane, get out of the first plane, get in the second one.
Speaker 6: Successfully flew it, though, I think they should let him keep it past two states.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he earned it. Yeah, I think he did too. Math is a hell of a drug, man, I okay, is something to do with you. How many times have you done it? What you didn't know? A fine a plane? No?
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 6: It looks like I've done all the math. But no, I've never done math. No, what held you back? I've never been I don't think I've ever been in the same room as meth. Somebody feed my cat said that he wants moth.
Speaker 2: Wants.
Speaker 5: Somebody should name their cat finch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure there is. That's so good. You're right, it would have been the whole show.
Speaker 7: A man was caught taking off his clothes at Universal Studios, Hollywood on Saturday during a tram tour, and according to witnesses, he appeared to quote be under the influence.
Speaker 2: No, Tommy thought it was something else.
Speaker 5: Shocky, I didn't think it was tram.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, it's the tram tour away. Then we'll see you think she's probably untucking it Rose Rose.
Speaker 7: Italy's Trevy Fountain has launched a new ticketing system, making it the latest tourist site to charge a fee for entry and selfies. So they were saying, you know, there's millions of dollars I get. I think it's millions they get thrown into the Trevy Fountain every year.
Speaker 5: I can wish.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and now you have to pay a couple of bucks to even have access. So they're saying you essentially have to pay money to throw money away.
Speaker 2: But it's the Lord.
Speaker 7: Okay, anybody's seen Trevy Fountain. I'm looking at you too, specifically, you guys been in Italy and seeing the Trevy Fountain or not.
Speaker 2: I don't think is it in Rome? It's in uh yeah, Oh well then I probably have okay Google, Uh no.
Speaker 7: I mean there's a lot of fountains at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas that you can throw money into.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that count for the food court. You have seen it very very big.
Speaker 7: That's all I love about That's all that's all worldly of a traveler. Max is He's seen the most famous fountain in the world, and it's like, oh, yeah, whatever I walked past.
Speaker 5: I've seen some other fountains that are famous as well.
Speaker 2: It might be fun. It was pretty fun, and you do have to pay to take a selfie too.
Speaker 7: From forty nine year old guy has launched a year of isolation project. It's like, come on, man, I've been doing this for years. He's gonna stay locked inside of one room for three hundred and sixty five days and he's three weeks in.
Speaker 2: My name is Skip, Skip, Skip, Get out of it. His name is Skip. My name is Skip.
Speaker 8: I'm forty nine years old and I'm starting something today that scares me a little. On January tenth, I'm locking myself into this room for an entire year. I'm doing this because I'm tired of being the version of myself that avoids hard things. One goal is simple. By the end of the year, I want to do one perfect pull up. The pull up is the proof, but the real goal is rebuilding who I am from the ground up. This is day minus seventy I'm starting the preparation.
Speaker 2: Now there you go.
Speaker 7: You know, it's weird. When I was reading this story, I was like, this is kind of interesting, what a cool thing. And then I started he started talking, and I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Care what this guy does. My name is Skip. I don't know. His voice like made me care less. Weird my name is Skip.
Speaker 7: Especially I'm trying to do one perfect pull up and move on. Boy, you're forty nine, and that's.
Speaker 2: It's not totally a low.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, man, that seems like the opposite of what you should do, right, Yeah, get out and see the world by what I know?
Speaker 5: Right what? I don't know anything.
Speaker 4: Also, if you're locking yourself into a room for a year, that one room better have everything you need. A studio apartment is one room.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, you gotta sleep, you gotta eat, you gotta body things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta have a shower, you gotta have a toilet, you gotta have you got couple of magazines.
Speaker 5: That's what neighbors said about him.
Speaker 4: He's the fastest Jack and Jefferson KALKI what movie Roundhog that had a little Moira Rose too.
Speaker 5: He's the fastest jack in Jefferson County.
Speaker 4: He's the fastest jack in Jefferson County.
Speaker 7: Nice practiced Phil Connor's great movie. Yeah, your reaction to awful?
Speaker 4: Awful, awful. I adore her, and I will find myself watching clips of Bleep's Creek, and especially now after Catherine O'Hara died. Then I'll just see something on Instagram and I'll turn the volume up and watch it. Now, it's every other clip on my reel is Moira Rose saying something, and I watched them all and I laugh at them all, Like the episode where the a guy rented a hotel room and then he died, and Moira's line of does anyone know how this man expired? That's all I did. First of all, she says expired for someone who died, and she says how with like three syllables. She's like, does anyone know how this man expired?
Speaker 2: And then she thinks she's a blame because she gave him tail and all or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just a great, great show and she was a huge reason why.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: She was really sad.
Speaker 7: Hired to be a cast member on season six of Saturday Night Live, but lasted only one week and resigned before appearing even on a single episode all that season, so was never on really airing between nineteen eighty and nineteen eighty one. She did that because then she could continue to perform as a cast member on the Canadian comedy Sketch Show SCTV.
Speaker 2: So she picked SCTV over a young SNL.
Speaker 7: Wow. It worked out for her, it really did. She did return eight years later making a cameo bumbablo, Oh sorry not eight years later, eight h late, and then eighty No. Ninety eight and she was the host in April of ninety one. So she's been on a couple of times, I guess hosted and a cameos.
Speaker 4: She's one of those people that comedy just comes so naturally. It's the delivery, it's the facial reaction, it's all. It's the rhythm of it. Like she I think that's comedy. Something I saw over the weekend. I think she has eight seven to eight siblings, and her thing was is she had to get it in quickly, like she had to say something funny before because she would just go on heard because there were so many people in those the wine tasting episode when they're naming them she's choosing the wine to be named after getting notes of tomato.
Speaker 2: This would taste like a Maxis Syllan. It's such a good life. It's so. My name is Skip Skip luck with your pull up? Ny, where's your cat? Sawesome? Yes, sir, Let's say there was a ten thousand dollars bet. Cat almost got sanctioned for a second.
Speaker 7: Ten thousand dollars of your money versus ten thousand dollars of one of us, Okay, And the bet was how long it would take you to train to do a pull up?
Speaker 2: How much time would you need? Probably a full year.
Speaker 7: Do you think you could do if you we said by February third of next year? No, ten thousand dollars. Bet you do a pull up from a dead hang all the way to getting your chin over the bar.
Speaker 5: There's a bigger chance he'll be wearing a pull up by.
Speaker 2: Next I don't think so. I've never been able to do one. But you have a year to train. Yeah, I don't have the work ethic to do one. Yeah, probably not, not even to win ten K. I don't know, man.
Speaker 6: But if it was fifty k, yeah, probably I could, but you would have to put up fifty k if you fail. Yeah, sure, if that was like my main focus. But I have other things to focus on now, like what well, my wife, my kiddo, hockey's fake. Can't watch you try doing pull ups? You could train?
Speaker 2: I don't know, have you. I'm not being mean, have you ever done one? I mean in high school. I don't think I've done a pull up since. I could never do one.
Speaker 4: No, a pull up from a dead hang right now as an adult would be very for great, right, that's for the kids. I've got a sturdy base, so it's I. They at the state Fair when they have like the National Guard has their little recruiting booth and army and stuff in that that area they have pull up bars, and kids like the eight year olds would just hop up there and about ten of them, But adults it is rare. Like you need to have a ripped man to be able to do a.
Speaker 2: Legit pull up, Like do you think Star could do one? Yeah? Probably? Yeah? What about Labor calm down? I bet Libor could yeah, oh yeah, I bet Hawk.
Speaker 4: You are probably not that far up.
Speaker 5: I do them all time.
Speaker 2: Really, see there you go from.
Speaker 4: A dead hang? How many not very many? But you can get three four or five.
Speaker 5: It's part of my work out of discover strength.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: When I first started there, I couldn't do it any.
Speaker 2: All, see, and he figured it out, Sauce you could do it if you had a year. We owe him ten. No, we didn't make a bet and he'd lose them.
Speaker 6: That's awesome, Hawk, that's great for you, For you ladies and gentlemen, Can I please have your attention?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 7: So this happens once in a while where something will happen in the world, and then everybody that likes the Power Trip Morning Show and some people that hate it tweet at us and say, well, there's three and a half hours of content tomorrow because they just know, yes, it's a Power Trip story. And yesterday, I'm sure a lot of you saw this. We got tweeted this, I think one point six billion times. If you didn't, I read. Surgeons at a hospital in France were performing a procedure on a patient when they discovered a World War One shell inside of a patient's rectum.
Speaker 2: Naturally, they damn near killed them. They were a little concerned.
Speaker 7: It caused brief panic because it was a World War One shell, prompting an emergency evacuation. They had to call in the bomb squad and everything else happened last Saturday. The guy was just twenty four years old, and he had been complaining of discomfort quote due to an object that he inserted into his backside.
Speaker 2: Wow, so yes, so yes, pee wee.
Speaker 7: He intentionally crammed a World War One shell up there and it got stuck and it had.
Speaker 5: To be so glad. He didn't say I must have sat on something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, or slipped yeah right, flat out said he did it himself. He's the number one pick and Tommy's draft.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, what.
Speaker 2: Keep your World War memorabilia out of your behind?
Speaker 4: To live by that?
Speaker 2: Yep? He wondered. Sauce, do you have any ask jokes you'd like to do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: Not one knock If I give you seven point four to seven seconds to come up with one, can you sure?
Speaker 6: What an assload? Thank you, Martie. I know they're not allowed to laugh at me but with me or even pretend, but thank you. It's funny joke. Zach had said, Corey would have pissed his pants see London, I see France, I see a mortar up your pants?
Speaker 2: Better than assload. No, it's not. It's funny joke. Okay, I've heard of more her, not more turds.
Speaker 4: You're just really going down that mortar road.
Speaker 2: It's a stretch, but you should see his stretch.
Speaker 6: Okay, what.
Speaker 7: McDonald's is gonna have McNugget caviar? What for Valentine's Day? And apparently I don't know why they're calling it like McNuggets because it is just a McNugget branded tin. But otherwise it's just normal caviar. I've never had caviar, obviously, I never will.
Speaker 5: I think they're thinking you spread it on the McNuggets. Oh maybe I think that's right.
Speaker 2: Oh gross. Oh boy.
Speaker 7: So here's a weird sentence. But I'm gonna read it because apparently this is true. McDonald's apparently is not pulling this idea out of just nowhere. It blew up back in twenty twenty four after a video went viral of Rihanna doing it. Oh my god, So Rihanna was having McNuggets with caviar. I mean, she's a billionaire.
Speaker 2: What is she doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I must like to taste.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've bet it tastes pretty good. I don't know what is caviar fish eggs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which is how are they doing that on a fast food level? I don't know. Great question, good ques the knockoff?
Speaker 4: Do we want to know what it is?
Speaker 6: Hmmm?
Speaker 2: Involve the mortar? And it was okay. I didn't like it.
Speaker 6: But you tried caviar from McDonald I didn't know what it was after I had it, because I just looked like a little.
Speaker 2: Thought.
Speaker 6: It was like taka vr. But you won't eat a cream filled donut.
Speaker 1: I mean I'll eat the cream filled done it, and then I'll spit it out because of all that cream in there.
Speaker 2: I got uncomfortable. I want the show to be over.
Speaker 3: What do.
Speaker 4: I have tried caviar once as well.
Speaker 2: It was fine.
Speaker 4: It was just like kind of a salty little.
Speaker 2: Balls this show. And I don't even mean just for today, yeah, I mean permanently.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'd rather just put salt on it.
Speaker 6: That's why I tried it, because it was Gavin served it up. You guys know Gavin, right, Mars, let's say it's doing his part, got to come and put on if.
Speaker 2: Matthias brought you to McDonald's for.
Speaker 7: Whatever his name is for for Valentine's Day and said caviar and McNuggets, this is your romantic Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: Then are your thoughts?
Speaker 4: Well, wouldn't be far off, honestly, did.
Speaker 2: I just give him the best idea he's ever had.
Speaker 4: I can't remember the last time we recognized Valentine's Day a little on the butt or something.
Speaker 2: Wo, it's okay to recognize just being like with.
Speaker 4: A gift or like flowers or it's more.
Speaker 2: Well played, Corey. That was just for you.
Speaker 4: You know that?
Speaker 2: Do you know that inside joke?
Speaker 7: We're on the same We're on the same team. Yeah, what's wrong with the little pat on the boat? We're all on the same team.
Speaker 2: You don't know this one.
Speaker 4: I don't know that joke. And I also don't want you guys.
Speaker 7: To pat me on the butt exactly what. We would not do that, But we would not do that. Yeah, we'll tell you other people, we'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you to.
Speaker 7: Listeners love that, but they know they probably know it doesn't matter anyway. Yeah, no, I don't know. You know, Valentine's Day is Valentine's Day whatever it is. It a Saturday this week or this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's Saturday.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a it isn't It's a nice day to just make sure your partner knows you have love and affection for that person. And it doesn't have to be in the form of roses, but it can. Remember when you said to be in a form of chocolate.
Speaker 3: But I can remember when you said that voicemail you and Matt last Valentine's Day, No I count.
Speaker 5: And remember I had to call the cops from Matt.
Speaker 2: Where to leave him? Why? Like a warehouse? You guys pretending to obay, where were you pretending to be?
Speaker 4: But if I got a bag of Lindor dark chocolate, Yeah, now.
Speaker 2: We're talking, I mean listening Mark, Yeah.
Speaker 4: That would be outstanding. If anyone is looking to court me this fountains day.
Speaker 7: So not Matt, though, if anybody else is looking to court you gonna buy no no cave in McNuggets.
Speaker 2: You want Lindor correct.
Speaker 4: And he'd be like my first choice. But if he's willing to go to Target and get him.
Speaker 6: So, well, if he listened to it, he probably turned the channel three hours ago, so I doubt he heard the whole chocolate running the seventieth r exactly exactly well, guys, we made it.
Speaker 2: The show's over and uh, that was fun. That was that was fun. But to be honest, I watch you again for the rest of my whole life. Next to you, Friday morning, I have a wader for day.
Speaker 5: The sun is shining. Let's make the most of this month. I look it by everybody