Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses, the only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers is key continue, it's not fair. Are making plans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can't control.
Speaker 5: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, Tam kats.
Speaker 3: Hi everybody, and welcome in two moo Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Thursday night, July is second. Hope you are well as you're Los Angeles Dodgers back home at the Ravine after a seven and two road trip that saw them sweep the Twins in Minnesota, take two of three in San Diego, then take two of three against the Athletics Dodgers fifty six and thirty one, and they're back home for the final homestand before the All Star Break, ten game games over the next eleven days. First up four game series against the San Diego Padres. There's a buzz in the air, yes, with the divisional series, but also it's one piece night out at the Ravine Rookie Sasaki on the mount, first pitch from Uniclo Field the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: You're gonna hear from the manager.
Speaker 3: Himself, Dave Roberts, that is coming up in about forty five minutes as he sits down with David Vast to go high and tight. We'll check it with the Padres manager, Craig Stammon. We'll also got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson, your Otani rewind and we'll check in with Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday out at the kalpin Ford Broadcast both well. Last night, the Dodgers went for the sweep in West Sacramento as they took on the Athletics. It was a bullpen game for Dave Roberts after he picked up his one thousands win the night before, looking for one thousand and one, and he'd go with Jack Dryer as the opener, followed by Charlie Barnes. Barnes came in the second probably gave up a him home run and the Athletics led one to nothing. Bought top half of the third inning, Freddie Freeman got that run back.
Speaker 7: Two balls of the strike to Freeman, Freddy walked and stole second.
Speaker 4: In the first he swings and hammers.
Speaker 7: What deep bright field way back?
Speaker 4: It goes up on home run hill.
Speaker 1: He ties the game.
Speaker 4: Freddy Freeman home run number fourteen.
Speaker 7: In the three hundred and eighty first home run of his career.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the sound that hitters love and pitchers despise.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a home game there in West Sacramento. Thats the top tier player of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. As the Dodgers and Athletics were tied at one to the fourth day wins, when the Athletics scored three run two runs to take a three to one lead, and then the fifth they really did it opened thanks to Shane lang Leers.
Speaker 4: Oh one pitch, Langoliers hits the ball deep to left field, way back, it goes it is god.
Speaker 2: Lango Lers with his twentieth home run of a Souser.
Speaker 4: It's now four to one.
Speaker 3: As Langoliers with the home run four hundred and thirty three feet the Love center field that made it a four to one game, and then the Athletics tacked on a couple of more.
Speaker 6: They took a six to one lead.
Speaker 3: Williams and Appo Papo home run to the Love center field.
Speaker 6: In the eighth that made it seven to one.
Speaker 3: Barnes was out there helped out the Dodgers bullpen to give him some rest.
Speaker 6: He went seven innings.
Speaker 3: He gave up seven runs on twelve hits, gave him three home runs.
Speaker 6: Buddy ate up innings.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers still leave West Sacramento with the series win after losing last night by a final of seven to one. Dodgers won a road trip seven to two with sweep at Minneapolis, two or three in San Diego, and then of course taking two of three in West Sacramento with the loss. Don't worry, POS lost again yesterday. The Diamondbacks also lost yesterday. So the Dodgers remained twelve games up on San Diego, twelve and a half games up on Arizona, and oh yeah, they're nineteen and a half games up on the San Francisco Giants in the division. We haven't even reached the all star break and tonight Dodgers back home, started a ten game homestand first up four against the Padres. Rookie Sasaki on the mound, the series opener, first pitch a seven ten and with more we head out to the Calvin four broadcast booth as we welcome in Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Guys, all right, tim.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers back home after winning seven of nine on the road with the best record in baseball twenty five games over five hundred and fifty six, up thirty one, down a dozen in front of the Padres, the Padres and free fall. They've lost five in a row, six of ten, nine of twenty twenty four of their last forty and in losing six of ten, their eer is six to nineteen. Dodgers lost to the Eighties last night seven to one. That Charlie Barnes era has come to an end. Padres lost to the Cubs in Chicago twenty three to three, the worst beating in Padres history by twenty runs. So the Dodgers sitting pretty waiting on the pods and a successful road trip is set.
Speaker 4: Aside last night being just one of those games.
Speaker 2: Again, last night we just won of those clunkers. The Padre is gonna understand the clunker twenty three to three. But the Dodgers took care of business, and boy did they ever on the road trip, winning seven of nine. They outscored the opposing teams combined fifty.
Speaker 8: Two runs to just thirty four. Then runners in.
Speaker 2: Scoring position they had ninety three such advance They allowed just fifty five opportunities for the opposing team. So it's not just offense, it's defense. And then the pitching is also being held up very very well, and you start to think back on the twelfth of May, the Padres for a half game in front of the Dodgers, leading the Western Division of the National League.
Speaker 8: The boy has the tables turned.
Speaker 7: Dodgers with a twelve game lead, and the Padres, as we mentioned in free Fall, their five game losing streak began last Saturday when the Dodgers were out of them fifteen to three. And so everything is going right these days for the Dodgers, and practically everything is going wrong for the Padre.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And at the other part too, is getting some people back in healthy. Tiascar Hernandez rejoined the ball cload in Sacramento, so he's in there and starting tonight. And for the Dodgers also Mooki Events who did not start last night. Initially he was in the starting lineup, and then about ninety minutes prior to game time they scratched him out of precaution for soreness in his right wrist. Nothing to be overly concerned about. But for Bets, not only in there, but he's in that cleanup spot. So Tiascar will be in left field, Dalton Rushing doing the catching again, and Tommy Edmund will be at second base tonight. We've seen him in the outfield and tonight starts in the infield.
Speaker 7: Dave Robertson's home with one thousand wins. You know, his first win came against the Padres at pet Goo Park. Clayton Kershaw pitched that night. Dodgers won fifteen to nothing. Adrian Gonzalez and Chase up LEAs each had three hits. So the Dodgers were beating up on the Padres throughout the years. In pack since twenty twenty one, the Dodgers thirty three.
Speaker 4: I'm sixteen against.
Speaker 7: The Pods pitching tonight, Randy Besquez for them, Rokie Sasaki.
Speaker 8: For the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: We'll check the lineups in the first pitch a little bit later on Tim.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Charlie, as we cut you down to first pitch on this Thursday night, Dodger fans, get that game, dam meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Order that Shaky's Pizza Chick and the mojos. Right now, it's Shakys dot Com. We're off and running here on Morogo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 6: Coming up.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear from both managers, Craig Stammon and Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David vest of course we'll break down this pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: But I'm next.
Speaker 3: You're Tani Rewine and we'll visit with sports and at Las Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: It's all coming up.
Speaker 3: As we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres on this Thursday night, I'm Tim kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Thursday Night. Rookie Sasaki or Randy Vasquez a pitching matchup on One Piece night, A flurry of Dodger fans waiting to get in, and getting in they did. Hopefully you're one of the first fifty two thousand to get the hat and the card from One Piece. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewise.
Speaker 3: Well, much like the Dodgers offense last night Showiotani didn't do much against the Athletics. Dodgers just scored one run on five hits. One run came on a Freddie Freeman home run as Shoeyotani was zero for five with a couple of strikeouts and a seven to one loss to the Athletics.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey Kirson now joins us from the ravine brought to you by Cars for Kids donating now at Cars.
Speaker 6: For Kids dot org. That's cars with a K.
Speaker 3: A lot of traffic getting into the stadium tonights. It's the Dodgers and Padres. Everybody wants to see Roki Sasaki on the Mounta tonight.
Speaker 9: You know what, You're right, Everybody wants to see Roki Susaki. They don't want to see I don't even know his.
Speaker 10: Name in one piece, but that's who they really want to see. They want the hats, they want everything.
Speaker 9: They want the cards. There's gonna be there're gonna be trading cards all night, as what I'm hearing. But you know what, they're also going to get a treat, and that is Rokey Susaki on the mound. Now, obviously with Rogi, he's coming off of a tough outing against the Padres in which he just did not have the execution of his pitches, he didn't really have his command, walking multiple batters and ultimately having a shorter outing because he just wasn't able to get himself in sync. So he comes into this one really looking to get back on track. Now, obviously he's going to be facing the same team now twice in a row, and that's something in this series we're gonna see multiple pictures do that because the Dodgers were.
Speaker 10: Just in San Diego.
Speaker 9: But for Rogie, Dave Roberts was saying that it does create a good opportunity for him to get back on to take what he learned from the last one. Yes, he's been working through a few things mechanically, but to use that to put him in a position to be successful. Of course, there is the cat and mouse game of this sport, so you know, as much as there's going to be familiarity of him and how he's navigating through the Padres lineup, there's also going to be a familiarity from the Padres and how to looking to attack him, and obviously the success they had on him in his last outing. So the hope really is he can just use this month of July, turning the calendar over to just get back on track, because he had a really good month of May a tougher month of June.
Speaker 10: So now in July, the hope is he can settle back in.
Speaker 3: Lookie Bett's settling back in and shortstop tonight after a night off last night in West Sacramento.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so he was scratched just right ahead of the game, experiencing a little bit of risk soreness. And I spoke to him briefly this afternoon today and he said that he doesn't know where it came from. It kind of just like popped up. Wasn't sure if it was something and how he slept the swings he's been taking. But ultimately he had some treatment yesterday and even immediately after that treatment, he did feel better, but Dave Roberts shared last night that they just wanted to play it safe. They were airing on the side of caution and just giving him the day off to keep him in a position where then he could play and be available today and even in this series. So they feel like he's in a really good spot. And they do believe it's a.
Speaker 10: Thing in the past. But even Mookie was like, I'm good, Like I'm not. It was just a weird thing yesterday.
Speaker 9: But even if there's like any slight soortus remaining, he feels really good and he's decided to get back out there.
Speaker 3: We'll see what the Dodgers can do tonight with the buzz in the stadium with one piece night.
Speaker 6: Hopefully you get a card, Keirson.
Speaker 10: You know what, I should just off a principle of principle. I am going to get a card and maybe.
Speaker 9: I'll start playing the game, maybe I'll start watching the show.
Speaker 10: I need to know more.
Speaker 6: I have questions. I thought it was a one piece of bathing through. They were given away.
Speaker 10: Someone did say that in the clubhouse.
Speaker 3: So here's son, we'll check out you after the game. Still the cup here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: We'll hear from David Vesse, the manager.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts were also here from the opposing manager from the Padres as we get you ready for Dodgers and Padres on this Thursday night.
Speaker 6: First pitch is seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kaksis the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deech on your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as it leads up to first pitch on this Thursday night series opener Dodgers and Padres, Marongo Casino Resort and Spot a Grand Slam for good times. Rokie Sasaki Randy Vasquez a pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 5: He's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Presented by u CLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Blake trying it on the IL, the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith on the IL did not make the last road trip and it's still bothered by the neck inflammation. Hernandez on the sixty day IL. Tyler Glass now on the IEL Blake Snell is the rowing and he's gonna start doing some more bullpen sessions in the the minor league rehab assignment. He is trending towards the end of July Edwin Diaz through a bullpen session. That is certainly good news as he continues to ramp up, looking like post All Star break for the Dodger closer Evan Phillips also looking to make a return here shortly from the injured list. Alright, well, earlier we were gonna Later, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, Dodger skipper who was one on one with David Vaz. Say, but let's check in with the Padres manager Craig Stammond pregame.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think for me personally, as a player, I talked to myself a lot, you know, the internal dialogue of you know, how to be better personally, how I can help the team win, And as manager it's much of difference. How can you help the twenty six guys be in the right frame of mind and you know, forget about what happened in the past and we'll be able to move forward. We can't do anything about the past. The only thing we can do is show up in the president one bitch at that time and can do our best.
Speaker 12: Given all that.
Speaker 4: Actually playing the Dodgers, this is a great opportunity to turn things around and.
Speaker 12: Do with an excavation play. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we get to face a good team and you know they always try to bring out the best in us. We bring out the best in them, and you know, we play a lot of close games against these guys. And looking forward a few more, what can you share with us about Ross b to day, Jayson Adams, what's going on there and Permonk's.
Speaker 8: World moving forward?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Jason came down yesterday throwing program didn't go so well, right shoulder strain. Just felt like he couldn't get it going. Felt like the samest thing was to put him on the ail, call him run up. So hopefully, you know, Jason's injury isn't you know, too long, and then we're just give him a little breather and then he can be back helping her bullpen again. Excited to have her on back to h He's been bitching down in Obasso, been doing well and kind of brought him up is you know, kind of be able to do it all here, you know, come out of the bullpen, possibly spot star, all those types of things.
Speaker 3: All right, there's Craig Stammon, Dodgers opponent tonight, Padre manager talking about his injury update and where they stand coming into this series and they are struggling, no doubt about that. In the NLS. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David vas says. We lead jump to first pitch Dodgers and Padres from Uniclowfield to Dodgers Stadium. I'm Tim Kateson is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deach on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Padres on this Thursday night, Rookie Sasaki and Randy Vasque is the pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by El Poto, born in La. Made for your game day Dodger fans. L Poto brings authentic Mexican Mexican style tomato, sauces, salsas and hot sauces right to your plane.
Speaker 6: Every single time. El Potto Gorme in a.
Speaker 5: Can joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is inside there, David, all.
Speaker 8: Right, DV.
Speaker 3: I think the good news is we're talking, not face to face, or at least we're talking. That means you got into the stadium. Okay, what a wild day.
Speaker 6: Out the ravine.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was, Thank goodness, Rick Monday got into the stadium. A lot of one piece fans out there blocking entrances into Dodger Stadium, but we all got in here safely, soundly, And look, if you're still trying to get into the stadium, be patient. The first fifty two thousand fans will receive the one piece card, so I know it's a hot item. It kind of feels like a playoff atmosphere here with the way people are acting to try to get this card. But as we've said before, Dodger games are not just games anymore. They are events, and tonight is not just another Thursday night. It's an event here at Dodger Stadium, no doubt.
Speaker 3: This padres Dodgers series. Does it have a different feel based on where the teams are.
Speaker 6: At right now?
Speaker 8: On DV?
Speaker 4: It really does it different feel from just a week ago. In San Diego when everybody was eagerly anticipating the showdown between the Dodgers and Padres. San Diego was riding high after that first win on Friday night. But you look at what's happened since. The Padres have lost five in a row, including getting beat up by the Cubs yesterday at Wrigley Field twenty three to three. Walker Bueller gave up nine runs. So the Padres are literally limping in here. And the guy that kind of took a shot at Dodger fans is on the il. Jason Adam, the Padres reliever that said if he was a Dodger fan, he would come down to see games in San Diego too. But Adam will not be participating in this series because he's on the il.
Speaker 8: That is unfortunate.
Speaker 3: Devin is brought to you by Ford four to celebrate the fourth of July with employee pricing for everyone. That's American value for American values. Don't wait hurrying to your Southern California Ford dealer today, or visit by Ford now dot com and drive home your.
Speaker 6: Best deal show.
Speaker 3: Hey Otani pushed a couple of days, David, is he still on track to pitch tomorrow.
Speaker 4: He is, and he is going to do the two way sport. It is going to be Otani on the mound and also dhing and leading off for the Dodgers. And yes, Dave Roberts confirmed, Dalton Rushing will be behind the plate catching Otani, and they certainly will be on the same page better than what they were in Minneapolis. Now, the one thing that isn't clear, we should ask Dave this tomorrow. Will Otani call his own pitches from the outset of his start tomorrow, because when things were kind of going sideways, Otani started to call his own pitches in the third inning last week. So we'll see whether or not Otani allows Rushing to call the pitches, or whether or not he'll take it into his own hands again and call his own pitches from the outset.
Speaker 3: Last night, David was a quote unquote bullpen game. Jack Dryer started the game, but then we saw Barnes go the rest of the way.
Speaker 6: How much did that help the bullpen?
Speaker 3: With an off night in reality for a lot of those guys, And getting ready now for this four game series against the Padres.
Speaker 4: Well, the Dodgers are in the middle of thirteen in a row that ends on Wednesday, and not only last night what Charlie Barnes did, but also the night before two nights ago, Justin Robleski going seven innings and he was pushed farther than he had been pushed before, throwing one hundred and ten pitches in seven innings two nights ago. So what Barnes did last night and what Robleski did two nights ago certainly has put this Dodger bullpen in a good spot. They have recall Paul Gervais and sent Barnes back to Oklahoma City. So I kind of feel like if Jervas is used tonight, it's an indicator Evan Phillips is on the horizon to be activated tomorrow. If Jervas is not used, and he's used, whenever you see Jervas, there's a good chance you'll see Evan phil the day after, is what I'm saying. And he is still on track to be activated this weekend.
Speaker 6: Final thing.
Speaker 3: Dave, good to see Mookie Betts back in the lineup after a late scratch last night, not playing that series finale in West Sacramento.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's kind of weird, right, Dave Roberts said yesterday around one o'clock he got word that Mooky's right wrist wasn't feeling so good. It didn't seem like Mooky was in any pain in that dugout yesterday. So yeah, it's good that he's back in there. You don't want to have him miss too many games because he's in such a great rhythm at the plate. And also great to have tom Y Edmund in the starting lineup low key, I was telling Mark Grin and Donna Ricillo. Tommy Edmund to me has been such a force ever since he got activated off the IL. He's sitting almost four hundred and playing great defense, whether it's at second base, third base, or left field. So having Tomy Y Edman in this lineup doesn't allow the pitcher to breathe at all, doubt.
Speaker 3: About a batting ninth to night and just turn that lineup, Bob to show, oh Tani is pretty impressive to have Tommy Emit in that spot. David Gray, Stuff'll check back you with you just a little bit. David's gonna go one on one with the manager, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in about fifteen minutes. Up next, though, your Dodgers magical moment as we lead you up to Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Padres on this Thursday night. It's one Piece night. First fifty two thousand in attendant. To be patient as you make your way through the turnstiles. Dodger fans lead you up to Roki Sasaki and Randy Fasquez. We'll dive deeper to the pitching matchup coming up in just a little bit. First pitch of seven, ten.
Speaker 13: Ig, who wants the hot cod It's time for the Hawfe Magical mom ditch Magical present by Hawvey hot tis.
Speaker 3: Well the Dodgers taken on the Padres. We go back to the season opener twenty twenty four Dodgers and Padres and Seoul, South Korea.
Speaker 2: That's that's a tough way to give an error when you can clearly see that it was the equipment malfunction on.
Speaker 7: Two pitch swine out of the ground ball through the whole ext side of base hit. I'm an rounding third, coming to the plate head first slide, he scores Rookie Betts.
Speaker 4: With an RBI base ship and.
Speaker 3: It's four to two Dodgers Mookie Betts with the RBI single on the eighth Indian and the season opener in South Koreas, the Dodgers would go on and beat the Padres by a final of five to two. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot talks Hoffee soak OU's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey Hot talks.
Speaker 6: Local and so great.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check back.
Speaker 6: In with Rick Monday and David Vesse. Also coming up.
Speaker 3: About ten minut's here from the manager Dave Roberts, fresh off win number one thousand of his managerial career, so leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Danson, Dodgers and Padres on one piece night out at the Ravine. Rookie Sasaki on the Mountain time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low prize for three years so you could save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 5: And now joined by David Masse, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Rick. It's incredible. The Dodgers only played nine home games in the month of June and here they are opening up a ten game homestand in July.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of nine, by the way, you missed the nine game road trip.
Speaker 4: I missed three of the nine.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, kind of but almost.
Speaker 4: Maybe you didn't miss me on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: No no, but the team responded well even though you were not with them. It was a very very good road trip, no question about that. And the fact that they come on against the Santego and Andres. The pres I would have a feeling coming into the series is that this is kind of a do or die. Yeah, you know, this game eighty something on the schedule, game number eighty eight to the exact. But the pndres have to make some kind of a movement. How about the fact we go back, David to the twelfth of May, the Dodgers were half a game behind the pres second place in the West.
Speaker 8: Boy, have things changed since that time?
Speaker 4: They really have. And I know there's a lot of buzz for the one piece giveaway tonight, but a different type of atmosphere for this opener of this series compared to when we were in San Diego last Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no question about it. It was a packed area all around Dodgers Stadium from about two thirty on, even before then. But yeah, kind of special night, so big deals going on and then the big Every night's a big deal here at the stadium. You know, let's go back into a number of years, the very first year the Dodgers are here in nineteen fifty eight, right, If you want to know what an impact this organization has made.
Speaker 1: He he was.
Speaker 2: On this date, the Dodgers played their thirty fifth home date in their new home transplanted Brooklyn Dodgers and the Ellet Dodgers along this state. In their thirty fifth game, they reached the one million mark in attendance. Now, the year before they barely drew a million in Brooklyn, So you know they were accepted here with open arms and continue to be that way because they're very active within the community.
Speaker 4: And Dalton Rushing was active earlier today he was reading to kids at the public library in Chinatown. I think that just shows the perception of Dalton Rushing is not realcy.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of these guys that we see them only in the field, many many people, but there is another side to them, and the majority of them are not publicizing the other things that they do that help build relationships within the community. They do it out of the kindness of their heart and realizes, Hey, at one point in time, they were that seven year old, that eight year old, that nine year old wondering well, what if and what is it like to be in the Dodger uniform.
Speaker 4: It's been described to me Rick Rushing a sweetheart of a guy off the field, but there is a switch that he turns when he plays, and sometimes the emotions get the best at him. Do you remember when you played or if you had teammates where they just completely turned into a different person when they played.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And then there's some guys that, as a matter of fact, I was not the first one out of the locker room after the game is over.
Speaker 8: You know, you can call it.
Speaker 2: A cool down period, whatever it may be. There were a couple of different reasons. One we had a tendency to talk about the game post game, maybe.
Speaker 8: A little bit more.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there are some teammates who've had over the years is that they definitely needed a cool down period because when they walk in the locker room earlier in the afternoon, they transitioned into that competitive mode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that certainly makes sense. I never could see you changing, Rick, It seemed like you were always the same bad.
Speaker 2: You change every time you come into the booths. You go into that you know, competitive mode, and we see you get ready for the postgame Dodger talk as well, which which, by the way, did our guy call?
Speaker 4: He did. Kenny Newport Beach called night too in San Diego.
Speaker 8: Okay, so he did call.
Speaker 4: And also started sending me tweets going after the team after just you know, a two run deficit. So the emotion still run high with some fans that expect the worlds on this line.
Speaker 2: So there are some that only call in, and you know, we keep monitor there are only some that call.
Speaker 8: In after a loss. That's right, we have him very often though.
Speaker 4: No, we have the scoreboard for all that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks goodness, great to see you too. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks lot DV. Make sure you get that one piece card for me. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclode dot com slash us still to come here on Maronggo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: As we lead up to first.
Speaker 3: Pitch, we're gonna get you a preview this pitching matchup. Charlie and Rick be back with.
Speaker 6: Those keys to the game.
Speaker 3: But up next we go high and tight with mister one thousand himself, Dave Roberts. Yes, picked up win number one thousand a couple of nights ago, West Sacramento Dodgers Back Home DV sits down with the Dodgers skipper when we come back.
Speaker 6: As Maroco Casino Dodgers on Deck continues.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim keats is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying yes' is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the San Diego Padres on this Thursday night. It's the start of a homestand Dodgers back home after a nine game road trip in which they went seven to two, including taking two of three at Petco Park last weekend. Dodgers looking to dominate the division, even more so tonight, as they are twelve games up over San Diego and the NL West. Rookie Sasaki looking to shake off his last start, which he walked five against the Padres last weekend. He'll go up against Randy Vasquez, who's the Dodgers tagged last weekend at Peco Park.
Speaker 6: First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakeys dot Com.
Speaker 5: David and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts is back at Dodgers Stadium as a manager, with three World Series titles and now the fastest man in modern baseball history to reach one thousand wins. Congratulations on the accomplishment, the milestone, and it must be great to come back to Dodger Stadium with a lot of wins on that road trip.
Speaker 14: It does seventy two road trip, you know, got the one thousand win on the road in Sacramento, and you know, for me, it was I'm not a big milestone guys, you know, but to hear the players and what they said was was really special.
Speaker 12: And that's what it's all about. And it's sort of.
Speaker 14: A you know, a collection an accomplishment from everyone, from so many people that supported me, the players.
Speaker 12: And it was just a good moment.
Speaker 4: You know, how to command a room, you know, how to command a clubhouse.
Speaker 12: What was it like for you to have the floor after that game?
Speaker 14: Yeah, you know, I'm used to kind of you know, being in clubhouse, but I do pick my spots.
Speaker 12: But talking about myself, that's hard.
Speaker 14: I love kind of being at the center and kind of lifting up players on certain things, so that that was a little bit different.
Speaker 12: But again, you know, Miggey says some.
Speaker 14: Nice things, Freddy said some nice things, and so did my little champagne toes about.
Speaker 4: It, I thought one of the better things about having to play in Sacramento and you getting that milestone win as a manager. Was the fact that the clubhouse was all the way behind the center field wall, so you had to walk out after you did your interview and celebration and twelve thousand plus Dodger fans were saluting you on the way back. What was it like for you to have that walk in Sacramento with all those Dodger fans giving you that standing ovation.
Speaker 12: That was great.
Speaker 14: You know, we travel well and obviously you know wherever we're at on the road, Dodger fans seemed to be there, and you know, Sacramento very intimate ballpark.
Speaker 12: I thought they did a great job having us.
Speaker 14: There at Major League Baseball, you know, the Athletics, all that stuff, and it was fourteen thousand people, but like you said, it seemed like twelve thousand.
Speaker 12: We're Dodger fans.
Speaker 14: So after the win to be there, you know, there's been still in the stands given me applause.
Speaker 12: That was great. That was a touching moment for me.
Speaker 4: How many text messages did you have when you got back to your office?
Speaker 14: So I changed my number recently and I still had over like one hundred and fifties, So it was great. No, it's a lot of fun and it just speaks to you know, people are celebrating you and love to celebrate you, and that means a lot because at the end of the day, you want people to like you, respect you, and so you seek to run through those text messages.
Speaker 12: Was was nice.
Speaker 4: You've had all deep connections with your teams over the last eleven years, but what is it about the last two years with these group of players that it seems like the connection is even deeper.
Speaker 14: It has been, it's gone to another level of these last couple of years. I think that over the course of eleven years, you know, you're continually trying to build trust, and obviously every year there's players that change in and out. But I do think at these last couple of years, especially with Freddie, with Mookie in particular, the buying has been just unwavering, you know.
Speaker 12: And then you had Tao in, you had Will Smith.
Speaker 14: I think that, you know, months, he's been with me longer than anybody and he's kind of seen this whole evolution. But I think right now and then also Mickey row So I think for me it's like there's trust both ways. So it's just I'm having more fun than I've ever had managing the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Max Munsey, this is what Max months he said about Dave Roberts just a couple of nights ago, where he said that he's been with you since twenty eighteen and you've helped him grow to be a better player, and he said he's seen you grow as a manager as well. What does it mean to hear something like that from a guy that you've been with since twenty eighteen and that you've helped propel his career to.
Speaker 12: An all star level.
Speaker 14: He's right in the sense that we've both helped each other. You know, I've grown as a man and I hope to continue to evolve and grow. And I think that I challenge him on certain things on the field off the field, and I think he's a better husband, a better father, a better ballplayer for it.
Speaker 12: We have a great relationship. I shoot him straight.
Speaker 14: But yeah, I think I've certainly grown as a manager too, and he's been.
Speaker 12: I just really.
Speaker 14: Enjoy watching his development and I can't wait till he's named stargra for in twenty six All start game.
Speaker 4: That'll be Saturday, Dave Roberts will be managing the National League team in Philadelphia. Congratulations on such an important milestone, because it's about wins, wins and losses. You already have distinguished yourself amongst some of the great Dodger managers, winning back to back championships and now getting to one thousand wins faster than any other manager in Major League modern day baseball history. Thanks a lot for the time. Congratulations, and we'll do this again after another thousand.
Speaker 12: Yeah, let's do it a good data and we'll see one day at a time. But I love chat with you man. Thank you. There is the man.
Speaker 4: Dave Roberts has been our guest, and we want to remind you that heading into summer without a medical emergency kid is a risk. Be ready with an urgent care kit, say forty five dollars at checkout with code blue at urgentcarekit dot com slash blue.
Speaker 12: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: All right, Thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 3: Dave Roberts sitting on one thousand wins TYL with Charlie Manuel who's also got a thousand wins aj Hinch a couple of wins be in front of that, and then you start getting into the sixties. Felippe Le Lou you got Jim Fergo, See you got some names. Jack McKeon is within striking distance this year, Frank Robinson the Hall of Famers in the striking distance, Joe Girardi next year you can get to. So yeah, there's some big managerial names ahead of him that he is creeping up on as he stacks wins here in twenty twenty six with the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Well we continue here.
Speaker 3: On Marogo Casino Dodgers on deck. We will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Padres. Is We start a four game series this fourth of July weekends. Dodgers a commanding twelve game lead in the division. The Padres limp in after getting boat raced yesterday and the Windy City by the Chicago Cubs. Dodgers looking to stack more wins tonight. First pitch is coming up at seventen and.
Speaker 5: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 3: Matchups brought to you buy your Toyota dealers.
Speaker 6: We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Randy Vasquez on the mound for the Padres six and six, four forty four ERA. The twenty seven year old right hander out of them Thinking Republic now in his fourth season into big leagues, came up with the Yankees, traded to the Padres. Now in his third full season, fastball mid nineties, a cutter of sinker curve ball. Making his sixteenth start this season. Five starts in the month of June, he was one and three with a seven to eighty four ERA. Last start was against the Dodgers last week in at Pecho Park, three to third Indians, seven runs, eight hits at a loss to the Dodgers. Randy Vasquez against the Dodgers this year in his career, zero and three with a five fifty seven RRA. Rookie Susaki on the mound for the Dodgers three and five with a four eighty eight r The twenty four year old right hander now in his second season in the big leagues.
Speaker 6: He is making his fifteen start this year.
Speaker 4: That was a career high.
Speaker 3: I remember last year was banged up for a lot of the season, came back and pitched out of the bullpen in October. Last time out was against these Padres down in San Diego. He had some control issues, walked five, gave up three runs, only three hits over four Indians of work in four starts in the month of June, Rookie Sasaki was zero to two with a five fifty seven EER. The Dodgers need Rokie Sasaki to give them some length, just like he did against the Angels in early June, where he pitched a career high seven Indians in that start, also struck out a career best ten. No better to start than tonight's to get back on track for Rookie Sasaki and continue to put some more separation between themselves and the Padres in the NL West. Dodgers and Padres first of four the fourth of July weekend. As we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game with Charlie and Rick are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Thursday nights, full crowd at Dodger Stadium on One Piece Night.
Speaker 6: I hope you're one of the first.
Speaker 3: Fifty two thousand to get that hat and the well Lucrative, an exclusive one piece car that has been given away to night's Dave Roberts getting introduced and recognized by the Dodger Stadium faithful for his one thousand career win as a manager. So congratulations to him. Is he gets a tip of the cap there at Dodgers Stadium. As we lead you up to the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great Moments, Start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste reference, Soaporo has you covered with a variety crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, Great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Charlie steiner Rick Monday.
Speaker 7: Guess So now the Dodgers are home for their final ten games before the All Star Break.
Speaker 4: Four with the Padres, then.
Speaker 7: Three with the Rockies and three with Arizona and then the break Rookie Susaki going for the Dodgers to I three up, five down, a four eighty eight er.
Speaker 8: He last pitched on Friday, gave up three runs and four hits.
Speaker 7: You know, his last three starts, he's given up thirteen runs in fourteen innings against the Padres, Orioles and.
Speaker 8: The White Sox. Yeah, I'm the biggest thing with the Suzaki.
Speaker 2: You need the last outing five walks issued, plus he hit a batter, so he was pitching basically uphill. He gave up a three run home run to Ty France in that start down in San Diego. But I think for Susaki, he needs to dial it in much much better. He's not had control consistently on that fork ball. He's gone from the fort ball really now to his splitter. The curveball was also not consistent in that last outing, and he made eighty one pitches in going just four innings in that ballgame, and that's too many pitches for that period of time.
Speaker 1: Pre and five on the year with a four eighty eight.
Speaker 7: Eri Fasquez his last dark last Saturday, when the Dodgers beat the Padres fifteen to three. In his last seven appearances, he's one and five in an ERA of seven thirty four.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The biggest thing I think to look at Vasquez consistency, in particular the first inning. You know, his first inning ERA this year is seven point two. After the first inning it gets down below four. But it's been problematic in the first few batters that he's facing in games, and.
Speaker 7: That first inning twelve burned runs in fifteen innings, fifteen first innings.
Speaker 4: Line up to the first.
Speaker 3: Pitch coming out, all right, thank you Charlie Monkey d Loofy being introduced. Yes, for one piece, throwing out the first pitch as Dodger fans are ready to go, as rookie Sasaki takes the Mountain Necks, the first of four gets the San Diego Padres. When we return, Dodgers pods up next. This has been Morongo Causino, Dodgers on Deck on your back, back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network and join Everybuddy