Speaker 1: Second date Update is back from the weekend. We've got our guy David on the phone. David, good morning, Good morning. At this point, everybody kind of knows how second date update works. You went on a date. The lady's name is Claire, and she ghosted, So we like to figure out what happened. Specifically, I want to get you a second date. But let's for square one, like how did you guys meet and then and then what did you do for your date?
Speaker 2: So Claire and I met online and we did ramen and cocktails at a place in San Mateo. And she was amazing, smart, funny, total catch.
Speaker 3: We talked about everything our dogs or jobs and the best places and travel solo. We had really good energy. Okay, and yeah, unfortunately she ghosted.
Speaker 1: Okay, as I know you've replayed the date in your head eighty seven times, you can't think of anything that might have gone wrong.
Speaker 4: No, no, sir, Okay, don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's see if we can figure it out. Like I said, well, have you muted so you can listen, But we'll give Claire a call. Okay, okay, crossing fingers for a second date, hang on the line. We'll do it after this it's Second Date Update, Star one oh one three, brought to you by Pomponio Ranch meets be phrased right on the coast side, bold flavor. It's the Bay's beef jerky.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 1: Is this Claire?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: This is she hy Claire. It's Marcus from Star one on one three? How are you?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 1: What? There's that? There's always that momentary lull while I try to figure out if you like my show or not.
Speaker 5: I love your show.
Speaker 1: You're amazing. Do you listen to Second? You listen to second aiight Update? By chance?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, have you been dating? Have you ghosted anybody recently? I have so many questions?
Speaker 5: Well, you're calling me, so you are, don't the answer to that?
Speaker 1: Yes? So David is on the line, and we would like to know what happened, because David, are you there? I'm here, I mean spoiler alert, Claire. He really likes you. I'm trying to back my guy up here. He said, I wrote it down. He said you had real energy? So is that is that in his head? Or is that for real?
Speaker 5: Did he really say real energy? That sounds like something a girl would.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 5: Oh, like that's like Barbie movie lingo. Okay, you know what, I did have real energy, but there were just like a few things and David, you're not an idiot, Like I'm sure you're You're going to know what I'm going to say. Maybe not, I don't know, but well you are because I pointed one thing out. First of all, he came in wearing his earbuds, his bluetooth earpiece on the state okay, and it was blinking blue the whole darn time. And I did say something to him about it, and he was like, oh, I'm sorry, I just need to keep it in in case work calls. They always call me after hours. I just have to be on standby or whatever. But it literally kept blinking like.
Speaker 1: You could take a second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, literally, And then at one point I was like, wait, did I just have a stroke, Like what's happening? Like he started talking about himself in the first person.
Speaker 1: Give me an example.
Speaker 5: We went for ramen, So at one point we were eating ramen and he just starts saying, David loves a good bra and I'm like, does he can he take out the bluetoothing relations that's the thing really Okay? So I was like super weird.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I just felt like I was.
Speaker 5: Maybe hung up on those couple of things. Okay, he just seemed kind of strange, even though I thought it too, He was kind of strange.
Speaker 1: Is a good looking guy though, Oh he's good looking, So I'm trying to see if you're dashing. Good looks will help you play through, David. But let's let's talk.
Speaker 5: About this like my type for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, let's unfold this a little bit. David, you do realize you don't want to be you don't want to be wearing anything that might divert your attention from the lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I honestly forgot that it was even on, and I can see how that would be annoying with the flashing.
Speaker 1: What about literally referring to yourself in the third person in actual conversation. That seems very strange to me.
Speaker 4: I was being funny. She didn't get my sense of humor.
Speaker 1: I guess, Okay, what what is happening? So okay, let me back it all the way up, because I've heard the word energy and chemistry and Claire, what if now that we have some self awareness, we can give my guy a second shot? David? Can you be less? I don't even know Claire, where are you at?
Speaker 5: Well, the chemistry was there, so when these things started happening, it was like, oh man, you're loworky David, but you're cute.
Speaker 4: I mean, well, thanks.
Speaker 5: Can you leave the earpiece at home on our next day and not negotiate the bill, just like, maybe, don't even look at it, just put your card down.
Speaker 4: I will have zero flashing lights on my person.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: That's all anybody wants to hear. So Claire, Yes on the second date.
Speaker 5: Yes on the second date.
Speaker 1: Yes you guys. We haven't rang the cowbell in so long it hurts my heart. The cowbell of destiny has been wrung. We have a second date. Thank you David, Thank you Claire,