Speaker 1: Back with Eddie and Rocky and rock Whenever the FED cuts a raid or adds a quarter point or subtracts a quarter point, I always look at the news and I go, apparently that means something I don't know. Well, if it's good, I like it. If it's bad, it sucks.
Speaker 2: In this case, it means the markets are on fire, I mean fire the last couple of days without news and look, I mean traditionally around the holidays, Mark can always.
Speaker 3: Seem to do pretty well.
Speaker 2: But what does that mean for I guess the immediate and the long term heading into twenty twenty six remains to me.
Speaker 1: Seeing, Well, let's talk to this fellow right here. He is a Ron Glasgow. He's financial strategist heads of the Glasgow Investment Solutions Group. Ron, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 5: Great to be back.
Speaker 1: So Ron, you heard us talking there. Obviously this is a good thing. So far, so good, right, so far so good.
Speaker 6: You know, one thing I always want to point out is really what are they cutting with cutting interest rates?
Speaker 5: And I think this can.
Speaker 6: Foss in translation a lot. This goes all the way back to the Great Depression, and it really has to do with the federal overnight funds rate or the federal funds rate. What that means is when banks lend money, they have to have a certain amount of deposits on hand. This is all done electronically now, it's not like you have the cash stacked invaults, although some of that still occurs, but at the end of the day, they've got to have that balance based off criteria that the that the banking regulators set. So that's all that this interest rate does is it sets that federal overnight's rate where banks can borrow money to keep in reserves to make that racial work.
Speaker 4: That's really what it sets.
Speaker 6: I think the broader populist things that affects everyday interest rates.
Speaker 5: And it just does not.
Speaker 6: So we're seeing that right now. You know, we had a quarter of a cut the day. The markets love it.
Speaker 5: They're on fire.
Speaker 6: That's terrific. But remember there's a flip side of that coin. That is, we have seven and a half trillion dollars in money accounts and those are going to go down and you know, go down as this rate cut comes, and you're not seeing mortgage rates go down. So the banks are saying, hey, we think living money still a bit risky. We're not going to lower it based off our federal overnight rate, and you know, it takes a little bit of a diliver For every day investors, they hope it goes down they can refive, but it's just not working out that way.
Speaker 2: So why then, ron though, is when there is a rate cut, buying maybe this will be a quarter amasedly quarter of a percent. Why why are the markets specifically love that?
Speaker 6: You know, the markets are very inefficient in the short term. And you know, I did one of these spots a couple of months ago, and you know, inflation came in that day at three point zero percent instead of three point one, and the markets hit all time highest. Markets love to trade on optimism, but a lot of times there's short lived. So if you're a day trader or something, then it could be a boon for you, But for everyday people, it's very very inefficient. They're just looking for reasons to go up and they got one today. But similarly, if we get badues tomorrow, it would go down by just as much or more.
Speaker 5: So you always want to look at the long.
Speaker 6: Term tread of the market, and frankly that's been out a whack. I mean, we've been on a bull run for sixteen plus years or so. I don't have a crystal ball. I don't know when things are come down, but I know nothing goes up forever. That's something to be concerned with.
Speaker 2: Well, the second you find that out, ron, you make sure you call me first, all right, and then everybody else all right when you see nothing.
Speaker 6: I got Securities licensed one and they gave me a crystal ball that was broken.
Speaker 5: Then it's still broken to day.
Speaker 2: And fortunately, speaking of inflation, that was always the counter argument to why interest rates can't come down anymore because that has a negative effect on inflation. And inflation right now while much better now under Trump than it wasn't or Biden. I believe that Biden knows up. During the course of his tenure was up twenty percent overall on goods, so it's better now. But they always say lowering interest rates helps increase inflation. Why and do you see that happening?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it does, at least historically, So would you lower the would you lower interest rates that does for inflation, which is.
Speaker 5: One of the main concerns. However, the other big.
Speaker 6: Concern that we have right now is the unemployment numbers, those seem to be climbing. I know Amazon laid off thirty thousand people in November. I agree it's a small percentage compared to how many people they employed, but man, if you're the bread winner in November going into Christmas time, you don't really care what the percentage is. You lost your job, right, thirty thousand is an awful big number. So when they cut it, when they cut interest rates, it makes inflation go up historically, but it helps unemployment. So we've got the FED has this tough balancing act right now where those are the two big concerns, and the rate cuts do good for.
Speaker 5: One and bad for the other.
Speaker 6: It's a tough spot to be in and I think that's why you saw a dissension of three board members this time, so first time that's happened in over thirty years.
Speaker 1: Ron Glasgow is our guest, and Ron Okay Rock pointed it out as going into this thing that around this time of year, especially on this rate cut, we're going to see what they call a Santa Claus rally with the market. Well in your again your broken crystal bar, I kind of polish it up there for a second, what do you see, let's talk about the new year. What do you see. Let's okay, the first half of twenty six. What are we thinking?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and again Mike, crystal Ball has been broken, always will be. But look, I think the Santa Claus rally is sort of a real thing. People have a lot of optimism around Christmas time.
Speaker 5: People are feeling.
Speaker 6: Pretty good, but they're already looking to those next rate cuts. They come in January, I believe January. So the markets already starting to factor those in, and so we got to see, well, the rate cuts come in, and then what are the unemployment numbers? But again, I think it all comes down to unemployment and inflation. Because remember with inflation, even though it's under control now, we didn't get back that huge run up that we had.
Speaker 5: Under the Biden administration.
Speaker 6: So things are still very expensive, and they're getting more expensive at a very tame rate. But that doesn't help when you've got to go shell out you know, X y Z for a sandwich it cost ten bucks today. I think, you know, it really is going to depend on what some of these tea economic numbers they come in in the new year.
Speaker 5: And remember, we haven't been getting some.
Speaker 6: Of those because of the government shut down, so there's a backlog on some of those numbers. So we're flying blinds a little bit right now. Ron.
Speaker 2: So look, this is my opinion, but I think that this president, in this administration has done some absolutely fantastic things, uh in in this in this first year here, the border being number one, you know, foreign affairs, I think it's another one. But but the price of things in the United States is high, right, It's high, and a lot of people are feeling that, Well, what can the president or this administration do, if anything, to bring the cost of things down. I don't know if that's not necessarily in his power. I know he's trying to tariff thing, which I think that remains to be seen. He lowered the price of fuel, which traditionally always brings things down. It's brought some things down, but how can he affect the the I guess, you know, bringing the cost of goods down, because he certainly has to do that by the midterms.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's just a very tough thing.
Speaker 6: Like I said, you know, Trump clearly wants the it's the stras to come down more so, I forget his name, but the gentleman he appointed to take the governor position out of DC. You know, he he was a the center. He wanted a race to go down half a percent, and they only went down a quarter. Then again we had some Midwest frugality. We had the governor for Chicago Kansas City that voted that they didn't want to cut race at all. So that's a very interesting phenomenon when you start to see that dissension.
Speaker 5: Amongst the board of governors.
Speaker 6: Because the president can only influence so much, and rightfully so you do want those those the disease to be des sainct. I think Trump's gonna keep doing what he's.
Speaker 5: Doing in his own way.
Speaker 6: The guy is controversial, he's a lightning rod, but the end of the day, he gets results. And as the kid that grew up at a steel mill town, I absolutely know that the Chinese would take the advantage of US on steel and other commodities since the seventies. So I think it's good to see some of those tariffs. I think the market gets a little freaked out with the back and forth where he puts tariff on Vietnam on coffee and then removes it.
Speaker 5: You know, the market hates that back and forth.
Speaker 6: But at the end of the day, Trump's gonna do what he's gonna do and buy and large. His policies have worked well for Americans. Whether he liked his message or not, they've worked all right.
Speaker 1: With that, we will let you go. People want to find out more about you, where can they go?
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, so just check me out of my website, Glasgow investments dot com and that's Glasgow, like the City of Scotland Investments dot com.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Ron, Thank you guys appretaking, Thanks Ron, see.
Speaker 1: You buddy, and uh hey, Santa Claus Rally or whatever you want to call it. I'll take it my family. Yeah, absolutely. With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on.
Speaker 7: From the uc Health Traffic Center. At u see Health, you'll find comprehensive care so personal that makes your best tomorrow possible, bomb less care for better outcomes, expect more at ucehealth dot com. Cruise're working on a broken down vehicle. It's a seventy five southbound between Twelves at the Street and Kyle's Lane and Kentucky and it's got about a ten minute delay with the left lane blocked here and so downs are approaching back to near the Brinch bench Bridge. We've got Warsaw Avenue at Carson with a crash. A seventy five north bomb Mete to Paddock about a ten minute trip. Right now in southbound seventy five Western Avenue to the Brent Spence is about an eight minute trip, and we have the delays because of the road work. Seventy five south found of Reagan Highway down to Norwood Lateral. We're looking at traffic sewing from right around Shepherd. I'm rick rep News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center looks like snow is on the way developing tonight with a low of twenty eight, maybe a couple of four inches of snow overnight four tomorrow. The morning snow showers continue on the high of thirty seven. It is thirty two Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrico.
Speaker 9: Get ready for reliable home comfort in any season with Apollo Home. For a limited time, get a twenty nine dollars h back to now from the hometown Heroes of service for over one hundred years for every home. Uh oh, just call Apollo scheduled today at apollow home dot com.
Speaker 1: The best financial move you can make this time of year, how about lowering your mortgage rate to four point nine to nine percent fixed APR, the lowest rate in years. You can do it now by calling loan Pronto. With loan Pronto's rapid Equity loan, you can get a ton of cash, pay off those high interest credit cards and skip up to two house payments. Don't wait, no hard credit pull up front, and you probably won't even need an appraisal. Just fast, easy cash from your Home's Equity Act now called five one three, eight hundred fifteen fifty, or visit loanpronto dot com. Start your new year by wiping out all higher interest debt and lowering your bills by thousands. Called five one three eight hundred fifteen fifty and see how much cash you get today loanpronto dot com. Equal housing lender NMLS one sixty six one seventy eight one APR for well qualified buyers, visit NMLS Consumer access dot org.
Speaker 10: When your parents aren't tech savvy, are their phone batteries always dead? Give them something simple, independentble Rapid radios are a brilliant alternative to cell phones for elderly loved ones. Just press to talk, no confusing apps, no drop calls, no monthly fees. They're durable, pre programmed, and built for moments when connection matters the most, whether they're at home or on the go. You have peace of mind knowing you're just a button away rapid radios because staying close and connected should always be easy. Visit rapid radios dot com Communication Redefined.
Speaker 3: Hi Kevin Saint Clair here with money.
Speaker 1: It's Thursday, so that means we're going to be talking football betting, will be talking about your health at four o'clock with our good friend PJ. Street as well.
Speaker 2: Yes, but the world is still talking about the Sharon More controversy, and it has gone from like kind of like you're wild to you're kind of screwed, to your wreck yeah, to I mean, you know it goes over the house with the knife and then there's the nine one one call and it's pretty wild. Let me say this, if you're a head football coach, you cannot hire a hot female to work directly like at your side all the time. You just you just can't do that. I mean, you can be the most loyal, devoted man in the world, but it just creates problems. Is it wrong for me to say that? Not at all? I mean I think, why tempt yourself. It's like I I love my wife, I don't cheat my wife, never will. But I also don't go to clubs every Friday and Saturday night and drink till two am, right, like, because for that reason, if.
Speaker 1: You have a predilection for something like that.
Speaker 2: Every man has some predilection, good.
Speaker 1: Right, And but to put it right there in front of yourself, try to avoid Well, for one thing, just don't go there. You got a wife, whatever, you just can't do it, especially in his situation.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, but I'm saying, but why temper you if you're not they don't don't don't go to a bar and try to prove how how much you you know you're resistant alcohol.
Speaker 3: No, don't be yourself in a situation.
Speaker 1: My point is if you think that you might have that possibility in you, and we you know, you know if you do or not. Yeah, some guys will look at a girl walking by. My wife knows that when I do it, it's harmless. Willie's like that, he's an old guy. I'm an old guy. I look at a looking woman walk by. My wife goes, that's creepy, and I know it is, but I don't care. Right, But if you're a viable human being and you're around somebody and you know you're going to be tempted, don't do it.
Speaker 2: I think even if you are sure and you can look in the mirror and say I would never, I think you still don't do it.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 2: Now, there's a reason why a lot of like congressmen won't hire like a female aid because why because of insinuations first of all, but also like you know, for him, he's at the football office twenty four to seven, she's there. You know, it's stressful. It's that you know, it's a look and then it's a flirt.
Speaker 1: And then it's a boom, then it's a drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta hire like a very ugly woman or a man.
Speaker 3: That's what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, now, did he hire her? Was she already he was hired?
Speaker 3: But I think she was.
Speaker 2: She was elevated to the position and her salary, by the way, in twenty to twenty four went from fifty eight thousand to ninety thousand, which, you know, not bad, not bad. Bump bumph. Yeah, she was promoted to executive assistant to the head coach. Now I have to imagine he has a lot of saying that. Imagine he can go now, I don't want that to happen over. Yeah, it's fine, and he should at that point go you know what.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: I know it's probably denying this poor woman opportunity. But for the sake of me and my marriage in my career, I'm not doing it. I don't need tina. Give me Tommy, Yeah, give me Tommy, or give me uh yeah, give me bring her in birth.
Speaker 1: The butts, bring bring her big.
Speaker 2: But I was still compelled to just say that, just don't. Don't tempt yourself every p you know, here's a moment of weakness. You know, earlier that day, your your wife mfs and she ain't being nice, and this and that happens, and all of a sudden there's a sweet little page and.
Speaker 1: And now you're getting ready to go to prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perhaps remove temptation in your life, man, do it.
Speaker 1: Every everything my life is temptation. With With that, we head to the news News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 11: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W Cincinnati and Elects.
Speaker 12: Campus shooter appears in court with the three thirty report. I'm Sean Galviager breaking now. A large bond set today for the man accused of shooting two Kentucky State University students on the Frankfurt Camp Tuesday, killing one of them.
Speaker 13: One million dollars. That's the bond set Thursday morning for forty eight year old Jacob Bard, the alleged shooter in the incident. Nineteen year old to John Fox Junior and another student were shot during an altercation in the Whitney M. Young Hall, which is a residence hall on the south side of campus. Bard, who is the parent of a student at the university, pled not guilty to murder and assault charges Thursday morning. A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for next Tuesday. I'm John Shannon.
Speaker 7: Now the latest traffic in weather. Together from the UC Health Traffic Center. At UCY Health, you'll find comprehensive care so personal that make your best Tomorrow possible, Boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Seventy five southbound Twelfth Street to Kylesener, Kentucky. The breakdown has the left lane taken up per traffic is sowing back to near the Prince Spence Bridge. We've got police and a tow truck on the scene now. It's about a fifteen minute delay on two seventy five instruction sold downs eastbound US fifty two to five mile up to about ten minutes and soling traffic from Kellogg because just left lane is open now. Seventy five Ronald Lang And Highway to Norwood lateral delays to Shepherd and we've got sold on since the Carrol Cropper Bridge with the ongoing bridgework. Two seventy five westbound swing back to the Petersburg exit. Southbound were sold back to right around US fifty by bricks Rep News Radio seven hundred Ladies.
Speaker 11: Forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 14: The majority of your Thursday afternoon is just dry, cloudy, and cold, as we only top out in the low thirties, but late this evening overnight snowfalls two to four inches in fact for the majority of the area. As you head into the weekends, Saturday afternoon brings additional snowfall. Saturday night into Sunday brings dangerously cold air from a severe weather station. I'm nine first warning, udrologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Radar is showing some light snow shower activity moving through northern parts of Worn in Clinton Counties right now. Otherwise we're cloudy in thirty one degrees. Bengals will be hosting the Ravens on Sunday afternoon, and the forecast calling for a mostly sunny sky is a snow will have moved out, but it's going to be very cold. High is only the loads of mid teens during the game. Game to a forecast built by American Home Tech Your roofs best defense against any weather American home Tech dot com Andy went To Weather Advisory does go into effect at seven o'clock tonight, running until Friday morning at ten further south, three to five inches of stow could accumulate during that time as a winter storm. Morning is an effect for Switzerland County, in southeast Indiana, and in northern Kentucky brack and Carroll, Gallaton, grant Owen, Pendleton, and Robertson Counties Kentucky Governor Andy Bsher said today, along with accumulating snow, bitter cold temperatures will be moving in this weekend.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 15: We need to be prepared. We're activating our Emergency Operations Center and the Kentucky Emergency Management Team will be ready to respond with transportation. The team is also working with local county to open warming centers as needed.
Speaker 16: Here in the Tri State.
Speaker 12: There's the potential for more snow this weekend with the winter Stormwatch taking effect Saturday morning at ten o'clock that'll run until seven o'clock Sunday morning, where three to six inches of snow could accumulate. In Emerson College pool regarding the Ohio's race for governor next year shows Democratic candidate doctor Emmy Acting gaining ground. The former director of the Ohio Department of Health. In the poll leeds Republican candidate the Vek Ramaswami forty six percent to forty five percent. Meanwhile, nine percent of voters polled said they were still undecided, and in August poll, Ramaswami led by ten points. Spencer Kimball, executive director of Emerson College Polling, noted Acton's gain among women voters since August.
Speaker 11: Seven, one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 3: Here's a Reds update.
Speaker 17: There are reports today that Elie Da La Cruz may not be playing in next year's World Baseball Classic for the Dominican Republic after all, because he did not get permission from the Reds. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits Winding to backgend Party Town thirteenations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals and Ravens at pay Corpse Stadium Sunday preview the game tonight, Cincinnai Tax Resolution powered by toefrown Table show live from Long Necks and Wilder starting at six oh five Here on seven hundred WLW, Bill Denison seven hundred WLW spour.
Speaker 12: Half hour treading on Wall Street. The Dow currently have six hundred and sixty eight points, nasdack down ninety, the SMP up eight points, News a service of low t Center. Our next update is at four o'clock. I'm Sean Gallbager News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: News Radio seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio Station Guaranteed Human seven hundred WLW HI Heard.
Speaker 1: Radio home to the Rachel Meadows Show.
Speaker 3: Morning Joe the Briefing with Jeff.
Speaker 1: All Right, beg with eddiean Rocky so Ed storm Clouds over the Big Town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe Burrow in a press conference yesterday. His his very reflective thoughts, and he's very reflective a lot. You know, it just makes him a good sound bite at times. But this is maybe not the way I don't think Bengals fans would like to see. It seemed a little pensive. Yeah, here's a clip of a Burrow talking to the media yesterday.
Speaker 4: Hit it.
Speaker 19: I want to keep doing this. I have to have fun doing it. You know, I've been through a lot and if it's not fun, then what am I doing it for? So the mindset I'm trying to bring to the table.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'm written too much into it, but it seemed frustrated.
Speaker 19: There's a lot of things going on right now.
Speaker 3: A lot of things going on right now, all related personally.
Speaker 4: I'll do both.
Speaker 19: Like you said, there's nothing. All we can do is is focus week. We can try to try to win games. I don't think anybody's really thinking about the playoffs right now.
Speaker 5: That's that's within reach.
Speaker 19: But on our fingertips. So it's gotta keep doing what we're doing and try to get better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was on I believe the day. Yeah, twenty ninth. Birthday was yesterday, right day before day before you. Yeah, it just it sounds like a guy who's frustrated in that, you know, with the better part of the last two years, three years, he's been injured. So it's just been getting injured, go through rehab, try to come back, play through pain, and just constant cycle that. And then you add in the fact that the Bengals are twenty two and twenty five since the AFC title game they played in twenty twenty two, twenty twenty two AFC Title game they lost to the Chiefs. Since that time, they are twenty two and twenty five. So they're not winning, right, what nine eight, nine and eight Now they're four nine, So not winning, you're injured. It's it's it's not a good place to be.
Speaker 1: Well, it's got to be. I don't care what your caliber of player, what kind of a caliber player you are, but knowing that you truly might be the best quarterback in the league, if not the best, certainly top three easily hands down, no question about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think he's as much as you know. His famous comment was as long as I'm playing, the window is open.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: But he's also known again on his birthday twenty nine, he's gonna look around and be thirty, and that that's I don't care how what year of the NFL this is. It's still you know, you're you're getting up there a little bit. Once you hit thirty, You're you're you're an older player at age thirty. Right, And he's sitting here saying he's probably looking at the current makeup of the team too, saying, man, can this defense make you know the additions that we need to make to change the course of this defense? Can we make all these in one cycle? In one draft and one free agency cycle?
Speaker 3: Can that happen?
Speaker 2: And I'm dealing with all these injuries, and you know, I think everything he's starting to think about things. He's a very thoughtful guy. I think he's looking at us saying, this is standing down the barrel of a huge, huge task that doesn't look like a lot of fun right now.
Speaker 1: Now, let me ask you, is this And a lot of people are speculating that this is the hint that he's getting ready to make the transition to saying, hey, I want to go for a contender, and if you guys are going to contend, I want to go and pull the Carson Palmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't.
Speaker 2: What he has said doesn't directly lead me to think that that's what's on his mind right now, what it could be. I mean, I'm deep in the darkest recesses of his thoughts. As he's saying, it would be great to go to a different place, you know, it's run differently.
Speaker 3: I'm sure he's thought about it.
Speaker 2: How set he is on that, I don't think at this point, but I'm sure he's starting to think about it, saying again, let's look at the future here. How quickly can things get better? Well, it's gonna be pretty tough to turn this defense around in one year.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you something. You're not going to get a better offensive setup. Sure your line could be better, but he's got he hadn't picked these receivers. Could he use a better running back? Well, I don't know. Chase Brown's coming around, So you get that going for it. But as you just said, can they turn that defense around in one year?
Speaker 4: No? No way. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So again, there's things that I think he's looking at saying, boy, this seems like an uphill climb. But to your point, you know, sometimes you gotta take a step back and look at the bright side. Here he has offensive weapons that other quarterbacks in this league would would kill for. So it's not like it's all doom and gloom here, bod you know, you know.
Speaker 1: So there were quarterbacks in this league would kill for T Higgins. I mean, Jamar Chase. That's like asking for Superman to come in. But T Higgins is certainly one of the top eight ten receivers in the league, if not top five.
Speaker 2: I would say that the bigger weight on his mind is the injury thing. And I just know that from experience, the physical and the mental toll of having to fight through injuries is awful. I've dealt with it a lot of players. Most players deal with it at some point where it's just like you can't get healthy. You know, you're you're week in week out, you know, you're going through rehab, you're you know, you're getting up at five in the morning, going in rehab doing things. Things aren't getting better. And now he's back, but I'm sure he's still in some degree of pain, and he's had different injuries over you know. So I'm sure that's somewhat on his mind. He's got some sort of contraption, you know.
Speaker 3: Some thing in his shoe that's helping his foot.
Speaker 20: And this is not fun.
Speaker 2: It's not fun when you got to go out there and you got to perform physically and your body is not feeling good. So I'd say, in my opinion, that'd be at the top of the reason why he's being so reflective right now. So he's saying, but he's like, Okay, it's one thing if I'm going through all that, but boy, we got a shot at winning this thing this year or next year.
Speaker 3: I think he looks at it and goes of realistic yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well, and that's and to your point as well, being I don't know whoever, I forget the was the oldest famous quote from the Reds when they traded Frank Robinson. He's a boy, he's an old thirty or whatever. He Holarvy was twenty nine to thirty. Maybe as bro was trying to think, hey man, I'm an old twenty nine now after taken to these various injury things I've had to go through. Yeah, I think so that makes sense, Yeah, one hundred percent. I guess my advice him would be.
Speaker 2: Focus on the bright side and you know, get these thoughts out of your head here, just go play, go play football. You're going to look back in this, you know, year and years and years from now and say, well, you know, one way, Yeah it was tough, but things were, things were okay. I would try to get rid of these demons in his head. And it's okay to think about them because it's natural from the enter into your head, but do your best to get them out of your head. Focus on this game this week, this season, and you know, he never know how things make a turn, You never know.
Speaker 1: And is it also a function of this this past week throwing those back to back picks and basically it wasn't his fault they lost the game, but let's face it contributed mightily. Is it still that's just playing on him a little bit, like you know, and now he's feeling down on the dumbs about it and he's reflecting on it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, because he played a phenomenal first halt and then just and actually a great game overall, except for those the back to back picks.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's you.
Speaker 2: Know, there's just a constant you know, coming at you from all angles, right injuries. Our team isn't doing well. We're not you're probably not going to make the playoffs. I contributed us not making it last week.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of things going on. So but I was just advising, man, you know, look on the bright side, try to flush those negative thoughts out of your head and just just take it one day at a time.
Speaker 1: You said you wanted to have fun, Go have fun.
Speaker 4: Damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah with that, we chick in with traffic and weather, what.
Speaker 4: Is going on?
Speaker 7: And from the U see Health Traffic Center and you see health, you'll find comprehensive care, soap personal it makes your best tomorrow possible, bondless care for better outcomes, expect more. You see health dot com. Good news on seventy one northbound after ridge crash. Just clear it out of the way, saw All lanes are back open. Seventy five southbound of Western Avenue. We do have an accident. Police are there, Paddock at Laila it's an accident as well, and watch for the delays. So we're seeing some pretty good volumes of traffic southbound seventy five hopp O to the Brent Spence is about a fourteen minute trip. Northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock, it's about a ten minute drive. Our roadwork on southbound seventy five arn O'dreagan Highway Oldwood Lateral has delays back to Shephard that's up to about ten minutes. We're also looking at seventy one Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway to Redbank on the southbound side by a five minute drive by rick Ship. News Radio seven hundred w WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast at seven hundred WLW Weathersitter looks like snow is on the way developing tonight with the low of twenty eight, maybe a couple of four inches of snow overnight four tomorrow. The morning snowshowers continue on the high of thirty seven. It is thirty two now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Willy is the one person I know I can count.
Speaker 5: On, my friend.
Speaker 1: I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham am here for you.
Speaker 2: He makes me feel good to be an American.
Speaker 10: Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your spirits.
Speaker 1: I rather have my arm nawed off by beavers than Miss Willie's show.
Speaker 5: I'm here for you.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is listen to me the Great America.
Speaker 21: I want to be a great American just like.
Speaker 7: Willie Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred l W.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, Best Price, the first time.
Speaker 1: Kinnie Street, what are we talking about today, rock.
Speaker 2: We're talking about kind of continuing the conversation about eating around the holidays, and a lot of people are traveling and maybe you know, as you're traveling around, eating at restaurants, stopping at gas stations, right, maybe not? You know it says some recommendations on things to choose. Nothing beat some good beef turkey, beef turkey.
Speaker 1: Let's say we were talking about Joe Burrow a second ago and wanted to get Zach on a Hamilton weighing in as Zach, what do you have?
Speaker 21: Buddy, Eddie and Rocky, Rocky, you're the man, Eddie, you're the man too.
Speaker 5: I'm a Browns fan. I'm sorry.
Speaker 21: I grew up in Cincinnati and Della High Elder High School grad. Just want to make that clear. I grew up in Cincinnati. I got a thing for the Bengals, but I'm a Browns fan. I love Joe Burrow to death. He's the greatest quarterback that that's in the league right now in my opinion. I hope nobody that I know is listening and hearing that. Uh, I'm just curious, Rock, I want to hear your opinion.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it's the Bengals.
Speaker 21: Every year, every quarterback to ever get they're getting hurt, they have no protection.
Speaker 4: What what do you do?
Speaker 2: What do you do if you're Joe Burrow or if you're a fan like.
Speaker 21: You, Well, if I was Joe Burrow, I'd open out real quick, I'd go play for a team that can actually protect me. Yeah, I have an owner. As an owner, I mean.
Speaker 4: Don't don't you make some sort of.
Speaker 21: Different thoughts or different moves on draft picks, trades and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Well, I think they they draft and they you know, scout the players that they think are the best draft picks. I just think that, Uh, there's you know, too many that haven't worked out that that is the key. I mean, you can be good in free agency, but you got to nail the draft more times than you don't same thing in college football. You can go in the portal and get players, but you got to get the base of the high school players, you know, as as your your the base of your recruits. And that's where the Bengals, in my opinion, have have missed. I don't think they're they're certainly not trying to be bad at it. They're just not at an ellege level.
Speaker 1: So people are always talking about the scouting department, their lack of scouts, in your opinion, is that a major problem? I think, but is a major Probably it seemed to be it would be.
Speaker 2: Well, why not bring more more great minds in to evaluate people, and more people to throw, you know, kind of balance the ball off of and get your opinion, get that guy's opinion, get everybody's opinion, and then you know, certainly it's it's got to be qual over quantity. But a lot of teams have a good quantity of very quality scouts, and that's is what's needed. I mean, I think, at some point, don't don't you try something different, don't you just go look, this is not this is not nineteen eighty five anymore. Right, This is a huge, huge, humongous business that is cutting edge on technology and the best of the best at every single level, no matter where you look. Let's let's maybe try to get closer. Let's look at what the teams that have won the Super Bowls, like the Eagles, what have they done? How many people in their scouting staff? I would go if I was how many people they have? Well, god, they have like two or three times the amount we do. Maybe maybe we should try that. I don't know, right, is that spitball? Yeah, let's let's look at what the best teams are doing. I mean business leaders do that. They look at the best businesses and go what decisions are they making, how are their how's their personnel allocated? Who's the leader of this part and that part of that? That kind of thing, and go from there.
Speaker 1: Coming up, we're going to be talking to PJ. Street and now the News News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: Still no progress on helping tens of millions of Americans. With the clock ticking with the four o'clock report, I'm Jack Crumley breaking now the Senate today passing neither Democratic nor Republican proposals to tackle the rising cost of private health insurance. The GOP plan was to put up to fifteen hundred dollars into health savings accounts. Democrats want to extend expiring ACA subsidies. Neither proposal met the Senate's sixty vote threshold. ABC's j O'Brien spoke with Democratic Senator Peter Welch of Vermont before the votes.
Speaker 3: Is there a real chance that a deal could be done by the end of this year?
Speaker 5: Times running out, Well, it could be. This is not hard.
Speaker 22: It just takes us to a degree, and many of my Republican colleagues have express really about what's going to happen to families, say represent So what I outlined is is very doable. It's just a matter of whether we can get the bipartison greement is required.
Speaker 5: The person is missing in this whole effort is the president.
Speaker 16: Extending subsidies was a major part of Democrat demands and the run up to the government shutdown. The White House says the President is working with his team and with Republicans, promising more from the President very soon.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: The latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 7: From the U SEE Health Traffic Center at you See Health, You all fine, comprehensive care so personal that makes your best tomorrow possible, boundless care for better outcomes. I expect more at u seehealth dot com. And on seventy five we're selling at the southbound of Western Avenue crasher being cleaned up and Paddick at Laylaw and accident as well. Southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Ladle is about a ten minute drive, so downstairs, Shepherd. With the ongoing road work, we do have seventy five sallowing southbound Hopple to the Brent Spence Bridge and northbound between Mitchell and Paddock were stop and go. Seventy one northbound danad is Stewart filling in in southbound seventy one we're not a ringing Cross County Highway to Redbanks about a five minute drive and a fifteen minute trip Bond two seventy five seventy five to Loveland Madeira. Remember the roadwork on two seventy five between US fifty two and five mile right lane is shut down. We've got about a fifteen minute delay. By Rich SHREMP News Radio seven hundred double do wellb do.
Speaker 16: Also have a new crash reported in the I seventy one two seventy five interchange, causing some potential delays. Again, things really slow on eastbound two seventy five across the top have a new wreck also reported westbound two seventy five just before seventy four.
Speaker 18: Now the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center advanced dentistry.
Speaker 3: The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you.
Speaker 16: No Fear Dentist dot Com getting ready for winter weather in the Tri State. Switzerland County, Indiana, along with Bracken, Carrol, Pallaton, Grant, Owen, Pendleton, and Robertson Counties in Kentucky have a winter storm warning that starts this evening. The rest of the Try State going into a winter weather advisory. We are expecting snow mainly after midnight tonight. A low of twenty nine degrees could be heavy snow at times, two to four inches of accumulation overnight, a little bit of morning snow. On Friday, we'll see a high of thirty six. Then another one to three inches of snow is expected on Saturday. Looking ahead to when the Bengals play the Ravens on Sunday should be sunny but high only in the teens. Game Day forecast built by American home Tech, Your roof's best defense against any weather. Americanhometech dot Com radar right now showing cloudy skies in the tri State. Thirty two degrees News is a service of Alta Fiber and Low T Center. Both Kenton and Boone Counties have Level one snow emergencies that'll start at ten o'clock tonight. The Butler County Sheriff says the Emergency Operations Center will be operational for this snow as well, coordinating resources monitoring conditions with additional dispatchers on staff, and Ohio Governor Mike Dwine telling reporters today he's happy with new restrictions that state lawmakers put on intoxicating hemp in Senate Bill fifty six that's now on the Governor's desk. The bill also has a number of new restrictions for legal marijuana in the state, including banning people from bringing cannabis into Ohio from other states, allowing landlords to ban consumption in the buildings they own, and more. On Wall Street today, near the closing bell, the Dow up six hundred and forty six points nasdak down ninety in the S and P Up fourteen.
Speaker 1: Seven one hundred WLW Sports, there's a Reds update.
Speaker 17: There are reports today that Eli Da La Cruz may not be playing in next year's World Baseball Classic for the Dominican Republic after all, because he did not get permission from the Reds. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits Winding Too back on Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals and Ravens at pay Corp Stadium Sunday preview the game tonight, Cincinnai Tax Resolution powered by Toefrown Table show live from Necks and Wilder starting at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW. Bill Dennison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Sports and Dreaming of Warmer Weather. Single game tickets for Red's spring training games go on sale tomorrow at noon. Details on Reds dot com slash Spring. I'm Jack Crumbley. Our next update at four thirty Breaking News Anytime News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital. The Best Health comes this Thursday route about this time, Yeah, sir, we talked to.
Speaker 2: Our good friend PJ Street, our fitness, health and Wellness guy, and uh, PJ. Look, I often say one of the suckiest parts about traveling is there's nothing to do, nothing to do but scroll on your phone and buy crap to eat. Right if you're ever trapped in an airport, you go to the thing and you're spending like, you know, eight dollars on a candy bar and you're eating McDonald's. And then you're in the car, you're driving a Grandma's. How else you're stopping at Wendy's. You know, So it's just one thing after another. You're eating like crap while you're trying to travel for the holidays. How can you set a straight PJ? What are some ways we can help our health? Uh, while we're traveling around and you know, stopping a gas station from here to there.
Speaker 23: Yeah, Rock, that's a great intro because, look, as we've talked about in the last few weeks, avoiding weight gain during the holidays is hard enough when you're at home. But you know, at least when you're at home, you have, you know, a modicum of control over your schedule. And maybe it's only a couple of meals during the holidays, when you're at home for for the you know, the entirety of the holidays. But when you're traveling to your point, you're at airport terminals, or you know, you pack up the wife and kids on a seven hour road trip to Aunt Bethany's and the truckster, and you're you're at gas stations, or you're staying in hotels, or you know, you're you're going out to a lot of high end restaurants at your destination. This makes not poly piling on the pounds really difficult. So I'm gonna give you some strategies here for kind of all those things. Let's let's start if you're on a road trip, you're traveling on the holidays, and you're at a gas station, what you want to look for here?
Speaker 3: These are kind of my go tos.
Speaker 23: So those like those pre made protein shakes like you know, the Fair Life or the Core Power I heard Eddie talk earlier. Beef jerky is always great, or turkey jerky, Greeky yeah, yeah, great, Greek yogurt. You can most gas stations have that hard boiled eggs you can usually get like a fruit cup.
Speaker 3: Or they might have some some you know, bananas or apples there.
Speaker 23: Skinny pop popcorn is great, like my go to at a gas station, whether I'm traveling for the holidays or not, it's always, you know, a package of beef jerky, a package of skinny pop popcorn, and either a protein bar or a protein shake.
Speaker 3: You can't go wrong with that.
Speaker 23: What you want to avoid at a gas station, you know, is the pastries and the candy bars, and like the full calorie sugary energy energy drinks, or you know that that giant bag of trail mix, and certainly those disgusting like hot dogs on the roller device you.
Speaker 1: Want to try to avoid since yesterday.
Speaker 3: Funny story, real quick. I was at a gas station this morning getting gas.
Speaker 23: I was waiting to pay, and the guy in front of me, this is like six thirty in the morning, He's got one of those hot dogs at donut, like a forty ounce full calorie monster, and he gets two packs of Marlboro Lights.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking, man, that this guy right there, Yes, done.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 23: So you know those are gas stations, airport terminals kind of kind of the same thing. All the things I just listed you can find it at those news stand or you know those news stands are at a kiosk, but you can also have options there too. Maybe there's a Chick fil A or a Chipotle or something like that. There usually is grilled chicken salads, egg white sandwiches. You can get a burrito bowl. Airport eating is pretty is pretty easy if you're trying to you know, you know, watch your weight during the holidays. What you want to avoid at the airport. What I see a lot is, you know, don't start drinking booze eight o'clock in the morning before your flight.
Speaker 3: You know, I see people at the airport all the time.
Speaker 23: You know they're crushing uh, you know, vodka, orange juices, one half or the other.
Speaker 3: You want to stay away from that.
Speaker 2: Eddie and I talked about it all the time. It's like, for whatever reason, it's acceptable to drink at six am if you're at an airport.
Speaker 1: It's an alternate universe.
Speaker 23: No, do you ever think, if you if you ever think, you know, maybe I've been drinking a little a little bit too much.
Speaker 3: Go to one airport at like six thirty in the morning. You'll feel near enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I if I'm at an airport and I see Eddie is at six am he's having a Gin and Tonic. I'm like, oh, okay, cool. But if I'm walking to work here and at six am he has a gen and Town, I'm like, dude, who do I.
Speaker 5: Have to call?
Speaker 1: All right, exactly, that's what That's what I always said, that exactly. But it's like it's the tailgate rule too. If you're if you're a tailgate party.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know, obviously not a lot of tailgate in this Sunday, but a September game, you're at a tailgate, you're there at eight in the morning. Hell, I was at a tailgate one time there passing around a bottle of jack, just drinking straight from the bottle. There is about four or five guys, and of course I joined in. Yeah, I was like, hey, it's eight thirty in the morning someplace.
Speaker 3: Oh here, Well said, what else do I got? Okay, So let's say you're staying at a hotel.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 23: Most of those places have some type of continental breakfast. So you want to kind of choose you know, the eggs, the yogurt, the fruit, the oatmeal that they have out there. You want to stay away from the waffle maker and obviously the pastries and the sugary cereal and donuts and all that stuff. And then look, if you're traveling during the holidays, it's inevitable that you're probably gonna be.
Speaker 3: Going out to some high end restaurants, right.
Speaker 21: Uh.
Speaker 23: And look, I've said before, it's really difficult even if you're if you're if you're you know, bringing awareness to the table, when you're in your conscious of the choices, it's hard to get out of a restaurant for under a thousand calories. So here's what I always tell people to do. Usually, obviously you're gonna have your main course, right, You're gonna have the entree. But then usually there's there's a bread basket, there's an appetizer, there's alcohol.
Speaker 3: And then there's a dessert.
Speaker 23: So I tell people, look, figure out what you want your entre to be, whatever that is, get what you want there, but the other four like, if you want two drinks, you're skipping the bread, you're skipping the appetizer, and you're skipping the dessert. If you want the dessert, you're skipping the booze, you're skipping the bread basket, and you're skipping the appetizer. Makes sense, So kind of pick one of those side supple you know, some implementary offerings, avoid the other three and then get whatever entre you want that's going to mitigate the damage at least absolutely.
Speaker 2: And I mean it is, uh but I mean there's the discipline aspect of that, right, Like you got to got to give up one of them. But people always go, oh, it's the holidays, and then I'll start next year, first of the year. I'll get back on it. And but you look around and you've gone like the entire month. It's not like just Christmas Day, You've gone the entire month eat eating bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked a few weeks ago.
Speaker 23: I mean, if you really the problem with holiday waking is that it people turn it into a holiday season of eating when in reality we're probably talking about seven or eight days from Thanksgiving until New Year's to where you can justify over indulging.
Speaker 3: But people don't do that.
Speaker 23: It's it's you know, eighty percent of the days from Thanksgiving to New Year's. One other thing I want to hit on, if we got time, you can, if you know where you're going, you can have groceries delivered, whether that's to a hotel or to an airbnb or whatever. There's there's something called instacart, you know, like you know, even.
Speaker 3: Like Kroger has grocery delivery.
Speaker 23: You can you know, plan ahead, get on instacart, you know, put in your location, find a grocery store and you know, you know, add stuff to your cart and have it delivered right to your hotel or to your airbnb. I have a lot of clients to travel, a lot that used instacart or other you know, similar type of services, even in stor edash. That's a great idea, and that you can pack stuff too, obviously, Like these are things that are easy to pack. Protein powder with a shaker bottle again, beef jerky, you know, packets of cashews or almonds, popcorn, cut up fruit, tuna packets. Don't eat the tune on the airplane though, so I mean you can. There's ways to navigate this and not you know, roll into January. Second, you know, ten pounds here.
Speaker 2: We actually do that PJ with if we go on vacation, we stay at an airbnb, my wife will find the grocery store and order it and then yeah, at least you have stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean that's the best of some staples.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The biggest reason to stay at an airmbnb versus a hotel, is you can pack the refrigerator with especially with kids. Man, you'll go poor at a hotel buying you drinks and snacks for kids. So yeah, you can get a few healthy things and be all right.
Speaker 4: All right with you?
Speaker 3: Sorry to go ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's what I was gonna say, PJ. With With that, we're gonna let you go. Appreciate it, man, all.
Speaker 3: Right, appreciate it. Happy holidays everybody. I'm sure we'll talk before that.
Speaker 23: But if you need any help fitness related nutrition, healthy living, healthy, healthy habits, check out my services Revivefitnessystems dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, got brother, thank you, thanks so much. And with that we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 24: Well?
Speaker 7: From the UC Health Traffic Center, you'll find comprehensive curse so personal makes your best tomorrow possible. Bomb this careful better outcomes, expect moreucehealth dot com. Three left lanes are balked on two seventy five eastbound between Princeton Pike and seventy five Good go to fifteen minute delay. His crews clean up this accident crash on the ramp of two seventy five eastbound the off ramp to Kellogg's on the right hand side two seventy five westbound before seventy four an accident down their shoulder and we're looking at delays the Blue Rock and seventy five north of Donaldsonton, Kentucky. Just getting reports of an accident that has the right shoulder taken up and watch for the sowdowns through the road. Hoorc on seventy five south bound and Badewig And Highway and nover E lateral about a ten minute trip now two seventy five eastbound between US fifty two and five miles up to a twenty five minute delay because of the construction. Right lane is shut down. Delays back to four seventy one I Bricks Repdues Radio seven hundred WD WELLW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center. A winter storm warning starts to seven o'clock for Switzerland County in Indiana, Brack and Carrol, Gallon, rant Owen, Pendleton and Robertson Counties in Kentucky. A winter weather advisory for the rest of the tri state starting at seven. Snow obviously expected overnight could be heavy at times a low of twenty nine to two to four inches of snow expected, then maybe some morning snow for tomorrow as well, and the high of thirty six. It is thirty two Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: All right, mister Pennay, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what you see. Looks like a butterfly listening to Scott Sloan show.
Speaker 11: And this one I see a rocket ship, a rocket ship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, blasting out for the planet.
Speaker 3: Sloan, I see.
Speaker 5: And this one that looks like a fish swimming in a mountain pond.
Speaker 3: Very good.
Speaker 15: Yeah, but a fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan.
Speaker 1: Scott Sloan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 16: Join me Scott Sloan Tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Might be best for us to discuss some strong mancations.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by the Dwyer Company, the only name to know for foundation repair.
Speaker 15: When it comes to water proofing, foundation repair and concrete lifting, Dwire is the only name you need to know to get the job.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right heading the water, I'm hearing a little bit be with Lance in the Round Table Show.
Speaker 1: I want you to talk to Lance about he put a did you see his I don't know if he had it on Twitter or not, but I saw it on Facebook and it was just kind of a little miss mysterious thing. It's Joe Burrow. Yeah, obviously a game shot, but there's no caption. It's just him walking in this the snow, staring up at the scoreboard or something with the Joe Burrow is hurt look. Yeah, and people are like, what are you trying to say?
Speaker 3: Lance, Well, we.
Speaker 2: Will be talking about Joe Burrow tonight, and as well we did earlier with the press conference, you know, where he was a little bit reflective, not a good way.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to go, Ah, you know, I think back when I was a kid, and uh, boy, my love of the game still burns bright. And being seven years old and being on that field the first time, and just like, this is what I was meant to do.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that press conference?
Speaker 1: That's a whole different reflection.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: Boy, him saying that there's personal he's got personal and professional matters in hand.
Speaker 2: Oh as soon as he said you said personal matters, then everybody goes wild. That usually means when right yeah, right or now, no one has personal things going on with like they're like fighting with their sister, right, that's that's.
Speaker 1: Not you don't take their mom. You don't tell you don't take that to work with you from but from here in the hearing him talk. Maybe he lost one of his treasured Pokemon cards or something. Yeah, I don't know, don't get me started on.
Speaker 11: With that.
Speaker 1: We check in with the News news Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 11: W wel W News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred wl W Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: Two rounds of snow and then bitter cold with the four point thirty report. I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now the tries day, which saw its first significant snowfall of the season more than a week ago, Preparing for more snow tonight as the Winter Weather Advisory will go into effect at seven o'clock this evening running until ten o'clock Friday morning, where two to four inches of snow could accumulate during that time. But further south, the winter storm morning is up for Switzerland County in southeast Indiana, as well as Bracking, Carol, Gallaton, grant Owen, Pendleton, and Robertson Counties in northern Kentucky, where three to five inches of snow could accumulate.
Speaker 15: Roadways are expected to be impacted as always Kentucky and should visit snowky dot ky dot gov for the latest travel conditions.
Speaker 12: Kentucky Governor Andy but Sheer speaking earlier today. Going into the weekend, snow will return Saturday afternoon for the Try state, continuing into early Sunday morning when they went to a stormwatch set to take effect at ten o'clock Saturday morning, running until seven o'clock on Sunday morning. Then Saturday night temperatures will dip into these single digits. Now the latest traffic in weather together from the UC Health Traffic Center. At UC Health you'll find comprehensive care soil personal to make your best tomorrow possible, boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. And two seventy five. A couple of issues here. First we have the accident east bound between Princeton Pike and seventy five with a fifteen minute delay so it downs back to Springfield Pike. And then two seventy five east off ramp to Calldogg crash on the exit ramp taking up the right shoulder to seventy five west before seventy four. The accident down the left shoulder delays back to Blue Rock in Kentucky. Seventy five northbound of Donaldson the accident on the right shoulder, and we have the sow downs behind this. On seventy five southbound, we're selling Ronald Reagan to Norwid lateral through the roadwork and also on southbound seventy five Hoppule to the bren Spence's about a ten minute trip. Stop and go northbound between Mitchell and Paddock, seventy one Slow's northbound Dana to Stewart and southbound seventy one two seventy five to Red Bank, about a ten minute trip, and then two seventy five east bound between leven And Road and Lovelan Videra is a twenty five minute drive. Rich rempnews Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 11: The latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Today we'll see snow move in late two to four inches expected for most of us.
Speaker 1: Further south three to five inches. The low down to twenty nine.
Speaker 12: Snow moves out mid morning Friday, high at thirty seven, then Saturday snow returns by early afternoon and will continue into the early over nine three to six inches of snow could potentially fall during that time, and then the low Saturday night will dip into these single digits by the time the Bengals and Ravens kick off at pay Course Stadium. Sunday afternoon, skys will be mostly sunny, but it will be very cold. Temperatures will only be in the low to mid teens. Game day forecasts built by American Hometech Your Room's Best Defense against Any Weather. American home Tech. A one million dollar bond set for the manicus of shooting two Kentucky State University students on campus Tuesday, killing one of them while leaving the other in critical condition. Forty eight year old Jacob Bart, who was the father of a student who attends KSU, allegedly fired those shots storing in altercation inside a residence hall, leaving nineteen year old de John Fox Junior dead. Bart entered an out guilty plead and murder and assault charges this morning. A preliminary hearing set for Tuesday. The City of Cincinnati announcing today that beginning Friday, operating hours for food trucks in the Central Business District and over the Rhine will be extended until one am on Friday, Saturdays and Sunday's year round. This after the city recently imposed an eleven pm nightly curfew for food trucks, sighting an increase in public safety concerns, The Reds have announced at single game tickets for home game Story Spring Training and Goodyear Arizona go on sale Friday at noon. They could be found by visiting Reds dot com Forward Slash Spring. The Redspurs Cactus League games at Goodyear Ballpark February twenty first, when they take on the Guardians WLW Sports.
Speaker 3: Here's a Reds update.
Speaker 17: There are reports today that Li Da La Cruz may not be playing in next year's World Baseball Classic for the Dominican Republic after all, because he did not get permission from the Reds. Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits Winding the back End Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. Bengals and Ravens at pay Corpse Stadium Sunday. Preview the game tonight Cincinnai Tax Resolution Power by Toefrown Table Show live from Long Necks and Wilder starting at six oh five here on seven hundred WLW, Bill Denison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Sports final numbers on Wall Street today at the Dell, gaining six hundred and forty six points, NASTAG down sixty the SMP of fourteen points. Our next update is at five o'clock. I'm Sean Gallagher News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 18: News Radio seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio Station Guarantee Human seven hundred WLW HI Heard Radio.
Speaker 16: The year end sales event is here at Mike castercy Fort in Milford and Alexandria.
Speaker 21: It happened.
Speaker 1: I'll line back with Eddie and Rocky here on a Thursday, rock round about this time. And you know what that means.
Speaker 2: Christmas is right around the corner. D I need to make some money all the kids short man, So it's time to help the kitty a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, we know how to do it. We're here to talk to our good friend, Jason Hopfin, sports editor from The Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. Jase, how we doing, buddy? How we do last week?
Speaker 4: Uh? Not good?
Speaker 24: Actually, Santa is calling me payday lenders right now as we speak. Now, I'm uh no, it wasn't great especially capped by that odd awful Ohio State performance against Michigan.
Speaker 4: But you know, I digress. It's a new week, new opportunities. There you go.
Speaker 1: Well, it was against Indiana, but Michigan also had a bad week, but we'll talk about that later. Let's talk about the NFL. How about tonight's game. It is Falcons at Bucks, Bucks by four and a half. I'm seeing.
Speaker 24: Yeah, and that's because they're getting Bucky Irvin back from injury and they're also getting their number one wide receiver back.
Speaker 4: I'm all over the Bucks tonight.
Speaker 24: They have got to turn this around and win this division, otherwise we might see the Carolina Panthers win the NFC South. I didn't think any of us would say that at any point this season, but they're right there. If the Bucks continue to slide so again, they've burned us a few weeks in a row.
Speaker 4: I'm on the Bucks tonight, all right, Yeah, I mean Carolina.
Speaker 2: That big win over the Rams was that last week or the week before, and all of a sudden they're back in it. Maybe when of the better NFL games of the year, Buffalo Bill's at New England and England sitting at eleven and two, and we saw Buffalo last week. I think a team Jason that can legitimately win the Super Bowl this year. I think they got what it takes, the main thing being Josh Allen. But what do you see in this one? Bill's at Patriots and seeing Bill's a close line minus one and a half.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like the Patriots in the spot only because they're getting points.
Speaker 4: If it was a pick, I might stay away from the spread the Bills.
Speaker 24: Yeah, you're right, Josh Allen puts the cape on, becomes Superman and we all saw that this past Sunday with the Bengals game. But give me the Patriots and that defense, and then Drake may not making any mistakes to cover that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, another big game, Let's face it, man, The Case's backs against the Wall Chargers at Chiefs. Chiefs by four and a half. I'm seeing an over of forty one and a half.
Speaker 24: Yeah, So the over in this game intrigues me only because I think Andy Reid's gonna have to dial up everything he's got, can't leave anything in the well.
Speaker 4: They need to win out basic way to meet the playoffs.
Speaker 24: The Chargers, I can't say enough about what we saw from that offense on Monday night. But they're on short rest, and let's be honest here, they've got issues all over the offensive line. So I'm gonna go with the Chiefs here. If it was a different spot and they didn't have so many injuries up and down the roster, maybe I'd be on the other side.
Speaker 4: But I got to roll with the Chiefs here, all right.
Speaker 2: Maybe a game that potentially could be the most watched NFL game of the weekend for no other reason than Philip Rivers quarterback for the cold. So we've seen the videos and the you know, he looks like he gained a few pounds. Okay, yeah, it looks like he gained a few. They asked him what his weight was, he said, I don't know. I weighed myself, which is code for I'm a little overweight. So, and the line is pretty wild. I'm seeing Seahawks are a good team. There are ten when team so far thirteen and a half over the Colts. So why we might like the Colts and the story that the Sharks you.
Speaker 24: Don't like them, no, for sure, But this line I think is too big because of how good that Colts defense can be. And I think the Colts are gonna are gonna ride Jonathan Taylor. He might get thirty touches in this game. I don't know, but yeah, I love I love this storyline. All I'll pease a little bit. Everyone needs to go to sincan dot com.
Speaker 4: We got Joe.
Speaker 6: Flacko in the locker room today talking about forty four year old Philip Rivers coming out of retirement to possibly play for the Colts. It's an incredible storyline.
Speaker 4: I love it. I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 24: I hope everyone in America does too, just because when was the last time a grandpa, he's actually a grandpa literally played in a football game in the NFL. I know he's not ten Stabler be empowered by a by Corus banquet beers and mulbile bread.
Speaker 4: But this is so awesome. I love it.
Speaker 1: Now let me ask both of you guys. I don't know if it was it would be possible under the circumstances, what could a call have been made from the Colts to the Bengals about Flacco?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know you would think, right, I don't know if they were.
Speaker 3: At the car or not.
Speaker 1: What have you heard?
Speaker 24: No, the problem with that is so the Bengals because the trade deadline's already gone. The Bengals would have had to wave Flacco wow, and then he would have to You would have to pass all thirty one other or thirty other teams in the league sorry to get the yeah soul.
Speaker 6: Their their record dictates the waiver priority. They're not in the top I don't think they're top twenty five for waiver priority. So anyone in that division who didn't want Flacco to come back could have picked them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just the wrong time of year to be needed a quarterback because you're not going to get one at this point unless it's somebody who's been out of football and has.
Speaker 4: A history, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you take a shot on it.
Speaker 2: So uh, interesting game for sure.
Speaker 1: How about this a good one? Packers at Broncos seeing packed by two and a half.
Speaker 6: A lot of people are saying this is a sneaky Super Bowl preview, which I don't necessarily disagree with because the Broncos, the Broncos have the best defense in football. The Packers just I won't say put it on, but they beat the Bears pretty soundly last week. But give me give me Denver at home even though I like what Jordan Love and the Packers offense is doing, I think the Broncos defense is just gonna be too.
Speaker 4: Stout for him, all right.
Speaker 2: And then seeing a game, I mean god that the Vikings, you know, had a lot of promise coming into this year, and I guess JJ McCarthy hasn't really worked out. And you know they I mean god, they went through a stretch they lost what I think seven out of six out of seven games something like that. But the Vikings taking on the Cowboys, who don't seem to want to die. Even at six and six, I'm seeing Cowboys minus.
Speaker 3: Five and a half.
Speaker 24: Yeah, this whole line is because of JJ McCarthy. The Cowboys are very solid on offense, they're decent on defense, but the acquisitions they made after the trade that they made at the start of the year, they've had some injuries. And the question here is going to be how good is Minnesota's run game going to succeed?
Speaker 4: I don't think it will.
Speaker 24: So I'm going to take the Cowboys minus the points here, even though it's I think it should be closer to a three to three and a half line.
Speaker 1: All right. One more Sunday game how about Lions at Rams seeing Rams by five and a half. But the one that got me, the number that got me was the was the under of fifty five.
Speaker 24: That's a big number, Jason, Yeah, which is weird because the Rams have a really stout defense.
Speaker 4: The thing here is that the Lions have so many good skill position players that it's hard to game plan for what they do.
Speaker 6: And even if you game plan properly, it's hard to stop them. I mean, look at am and Ross Saint Brown coming back from injury, and Jamior Gibbs is the best running.
Speaker 24: Back in football at least this season. But it's I don't like. I don't like the five and a half that they're favored by. So I'm all over the lines on this. But I also the over is so high, and you know, I tell you guys all the time, if it's way higher, it's way low. I'm going to go with it because they just knows something we don't know. So I'm gonna go with the over and nest very true.
Speaker 2: The Monday night game has you know, implications of course for the Bengals, and they're very very small playoff chances here. The Dolphins at the Steelers Dolphins start off awful and the coach got fired, but they've been playing great lately. Kind of a team you don't really want to face right now. And I'm seeing Pittsburgh minus three and over under a forty two and a half.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I'm all over the under in this game. The thing to keep an eye out is TJ. Watts in the hospital right now, so it's very, very unlikely he's going to play this week.
Speaker 4: The one thing that.
Speaker 24: Counteracts that is if you can tell me the only time ever which it hasn't happened, that Tuatangua Bai Loa has gone in and won a cold weather game, then IL pick the Dolphins.
Speaker 4: But I'm all over the Steelers.
Speaker 24: And that's just because I have Mike McDaniels offense and to a toongue by loa do not do not function properly in the cold.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I know this is a Monday night game. Think about it here. If it's supposed to be whatever twelve degrees on Sunday in Cincinnati, what's it gonna be like in the Steeler town on Monday night.
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 24: That yet offense, in my opinion, that offense is going to be running like a old flathead v.
Speaker 6: Eight in a nineteen forty six or forward. It's just it's gonna be bad, all right.
Speaker 1: And how about the game here talking Ravens with Bengals here Ravens by two and a half. An over under a fifty one and a half was the last number I saw.
Speaker 24: Yeah, I like the under in this game, and I also liked the Bengals that not only cover but win outright. You can say whatever you want about Joe Burrows press conference yesterday, take it away.
Speaker 2: We talked about that today on the show. That was kind of odd, to say the least.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 24: I mean it was the guy's birthday and he's coming off a loss that was pinned on him, right or wrong. I mean, he threw four touchdowns in the snow for goodness sakes, but he also threw back to back picks. I see the Bengals winning this game with or without t Higgins. They've done it before, as Zach Taylor alluded to just two weeks ago. So yeah, give me the Bengals plus the points and Bengals on the money line the over under.
Speaker 4: I would go under, but I'm.
Speaker 24: Probably gonna stay away from it just because I need to see what the weather is actually going to be like on Sunday before before kickoff.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 2: All right, the most exciting, the best game of the college football season, Jason playing this weekend Army Navy. A lot of Cincinnati fans probably watching that game, knowing that the Navy plays at the Bearcats and the Liberty Bawl. I'm seeing Navy minus six over Army.
Speaker 4: I don't like six points in this game. Give me Navy all day.
Speaker 24: I'm still gonna take it. I wish the spread was like four and a half because this game is always weird. It's my favorite game of the college years. I've said before, but yeah, give me the give me the midshipman the role, and screw it, let's win by a touchdown.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Jase, we will let you go, buddy. You take care. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 4: All right, sounds good, guys, Thank you. Let's go make some money.
Speaker 1: Jason Jason Hoppins, sports editor from The Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. And Yeah, we have been talking about the Burrow thing and and also just the social media stuff, and people are starting to get real wound up about this whole situation and and what's going to happen on Sunday. Now that we're talking about that game, go back to it for a second. Yeah, you will get a little little hairy.
Speaker 2: Well, as we talked about a lot of a lot of internet doctors are diagnosing Burrow.
Speaker 3: What's going on.
Speaker 2: So I don't know. It's uh, it's certainly something that you should pay attention to. I know people will continue to pay attention to it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, not great.
Speaker 1: Gives us knucklehead something to talk about. True, with that, we had to traffic and weather what is going on?
Speaker 7: And from the UC Health Traffic Center at you see Health, you'll find comprehensive caresil pers make sure best tomorrow possible, boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. About a fifteen minute drive on seventy five southbound between Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood Lateral. Because of the ongoing road of work and delays to Shepherd, good news, earlier crashes on the freeways have cleared. We're just seeing volumes of traffic picking up and you know, nothing out of the ordinary for the afternoon commute seventy one northbound Dana to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway is sluggish. Southbound seventy five from Hopple to the Brent Spence about a fifteen minute trip, and seventy five northbound and stop ago Mitchell to Paddock. We also have the construction delays on two seventy five eastbound between US fifty two and five mile. It's about a twenty minute delay where souwdowns back to right around Alexandria Pike and seventy one southbound fields Eardle to Red Banks up to about a fifteen minute drive by Rick Shremp News Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 1: The forecast from was seven hundred WLW Weather Center. A winter storm warning starts at seven o'clock for Switzerland County in Indiana, brack and Carol Gallen, grant Owen, Pendleton, and Robertson Counties in Kentucky. A winter weather advisory for the rest of the tri States starting at seven. Snow obviously expected overnight could be heavy at times low of twenty nine two to four inches of snow expected, then maybe some morning snow for tomorrow as well, and the high of thirty six. It is thirty two NOW News Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by Low's. My Low's Pro Rewards members get five hundred points for logging into the Lowe's half for the first time. Take advantage of all your pro benefits today down only twelve one twenty five to one seven twenty six offer valley for first log in only loyalty program subject to terms and conditions.
Speaker 3: Visit lows dot com slash terms for more detens.
Speaker 7: I'm Stephen Curry and this is Gentleman's cut.
Speaker 3: I think what makes a Gentleman's cut different.
Speaker 4: Is me being a part of Oh my god.
Speaker 20: When I dialed in with you guys laughing and I loved it. It picked up with you guys going, that's a good hello.
Speaker 3: We do that often.
Speaker 1: Somebody's got to laugh at us. Go all right, here we go three two one, All right back with Eddie and Rocky just a little while longer, get your get your tail on out here, get you to long necks.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: But before we do, rock this is a heartwarming. I was gonna say heartwarming, No, it's gross. Alex Stone from ABC is here to discuss Alex, what happened with this woman found a baby inside of her that she didn't know was there because of a giant tumor. It just sounds like a science fiction movie or something. Mane.
Speaker 20: I think in the end it's heartwarming, but it's pretty crazy. That so Susie Lopez. For years, she was dealing with a twenty pound tumor that she has had growing and overary insist and she's a nurse, she knows medicine and it is around it all the time. But she knew she had to get it removed, and she had surgery setting ready to go Toeter and I here in La And before getting surgery, like it normally is done, she had to take a routine pregnancy test and she was shocked when it came back positive. She didn't believe it, but she was shocked when it came back positive. Who's he telling us?
Speaker 5: Days?
Speaker 20: So about five days before the surgery came back positive. Even when it did, she says it was silly, but it wasn't true. There was no way she was pregnant.
Speaker 21: I wasn't even believing it at first because I have ovarian problems, so I was thinking it was like a false positive.
Speaker 20: And since she went to her husband Andrew, gave him the good news. Even though she didn't believe it told him, Hey, look it says I'm pregnant. I thought she was joking and it didn't really sink in until I actually got a little gift from her and was at a Dodger game. It was surreal, and so doctors did an MRI and they were shocked at what they found. That there was a fully grown baby outside of her uterus, growing behind this tumor, heated by the tumor, eight month old inside of her that was eight months along for doctor John Ozimek saying, this is pretty crazy.
Speaker 6: It was located outside of the uterus posteriors to this big o'varian.
Speaker 16: Mass in the abdomen, so his head was up on the left side.
Speaker 5: Of her abdomen under the spleen.
Speaker 20: And it makes sense that she didn't know because the baby was in her abdomen behind the mass and it just looked like the.
Speaker 5: Mass was growing.
Speaker 20: So once she had a baby outside of the uterus is extremely rare. It is life threatening for mom and baby. It took about thirty medical staff to remove the twenty pounds cyst and then deliver the full term baby to get him.
Speaker 17: Out of there.
Speaker 20: She's with Ryo there. He's doing really well. He came into the world eight pounds and was in remarkably good health. He was doing very well. And her other doctor is saying, this is this is crazy.
Speaker 1: I was amazed by this little guy. He came out of the Nasha pretty quickly and he was like a feisty little guy by the time we got into the nick You.
Speaker 20: So doctors are saying, ry, who is a miracle, nothing short of a gift. Susie's husband saying, miracles do happen. They had been trying to get pregnant for seventeen years, could not get pregnant. They didn't know she was pregnant with this full term baby, that it was being hidden the whole time behind that that tumor.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not a gynecologist, but this seems like like a total miracle situation.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 20: I'm glad you're not a guyn of coologist, but that would be rare. But no, it is. I mean all the doctors are saying, just absolute miracle.
Speaker 1: And have you seen pictures of the woman before all this? Uh was he extracted? Because Alex, she had to be massive.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I mean most of it was inside of her. What she was dealing with but because the baby was hidden behind it, that they didn't really see it. That everybody thought that the doctor's thought until he did the MRI, that that it was just this mass that had been growing, that she had been dealing with for years, and they had no idea there was a baby hiding behind it.
Speaker 1: That's uh, that absolutely is insane wild.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well thanks, and that is kind of it is heartwarming that it seems a mother and baby are doing fine.
Speaker 20: Yeah, they're doing great. Ryu. The baby is doing great. Susie's doing wonderflay. She looks good, she says, she feels great that it all has gone really well.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Maury Povich is online too, and once they have you on his show as possible, you got it?
Speaker 4: Thanks guys.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, wock if if if that wasn't gross enough for you, Let's take a little trip down to Florida.
Speaker 2: Okay, where the grossest of gross happens.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Florida man Jonathan Houston is Uh. He's a social media guy who's whose content consists of recording himself eating raw animal meat. So sorry, good friend, John here.
Speaker 3: Took a.
Speaker 1: What was it, a dead hog? He took a dead hog hauled it into the middle of a public sidewalk, and this was I think the day after right around Thanksgiving, And while he was the cameras were rolling. Houston then began biting into the carcass, tearing out chunks of the dan animal through a slit in its neck.
Speaker 2: Now you gotta lock that guy up.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 1: A female witness who called dined one one told cops that a man appearing to be cutting up a German shepherd and eating him in the middle of the close Worth Avenue clock Tower plaza. The woman reported seeing the suspect cutting the animal's torso up with a knife, spilling its blood all over the sidewalk. Usually described the suspects truck and license plate blah blah blah. Quickly identified him and tracked him down. Houston did confirm that he was eating a deceased hog and provided police with the corresponding video, apparently of him slaughtering it. As detailed in the court filing, police found probable cause to charge Houston with the criminal mistereff for creating a potential bio hazard by spilling the dead animal's blood all over the sidewalk. Now, look, everybody wants to be a social media star. Let's face it, that's the new that's the new movie star.
Speaker 2: Yes, and there's so much out there, so many videos, so many content creators. You gotta do something different or shocking.
Speaker 4: This would be it.
Speaker 1: Well, but cutting up a slice and open a pig carcass, it's starting to gnaw on. It's the neck met.
Speaker 3: His savory.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's a that's pretty strong. I uh, I don't know where do I want to know where some of these people get this this kind of thing. And here's why I didn't show you this.
Speaker 4: There is a there.
Speaker 1: There's a screen grab of him with the thing on the sidewalk there cutting into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not right for society.
Speaker 1: And the thing was it's not very it's not very far from mar A Lago. He did it right there at paul in Palm Beach or whatever. That yeah, that's Palm Beach. Now, rich people, really.
Speaker 2: Uppitty, rich people definitely don't want to see you.
Speaker 6: You're not.
Speaker 1: I don't care. You couldn't do that on the in the middle of whatever. The worst part of town is here especially, this is like going into the middle of Indian Hill in front of you know, actually Indian Hills too spread out, a nice wealthy You go right there, right in the middle of the Madeira lookout Yeah, right, and right Mount Lookout Square because this was in a town little town square there. So you go to Mount Lookout Square start cutting up a pig and eating its neck meat. Guess what somebody gonna call the cops.
Speaker 2: You're gonna call something? Yeah, and is that maybe the goal? Is he how many followers or whatever does he have to say?
Speaker 1: Apparently he's quite popular, but that's the thing, and he's gonna get charged with creating a potential biohazard. It would be a it's probably a misdemeanor. He'll he'll do a payout.
Speaker 3: It's even weirder.
Speaker 2: I would find all the people that like and watch his content. I would get a hold of them too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They look just trying to satisfy the public. Rock everybody like I said, that's the new movie star.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Be crazy, be wild, be different, and try to cut through all the people that are out there are creating content.
Speaker 1: Just some raw pork. With that thought in mind, we check in with traffic and weather or what is going on.