Speaker 1: This is the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three five one three, toph Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now postgames sports.
Speaker 2: Talk we are live.
Speaker 3: I've at Wings and Rings in Milford fifty eight OHO nine Smiser Road and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW. This is Chick Ludwig and I'm alongside Bengals legend David Fulcher, and we're breaking down the Bengals twenty six to twenty loss to the New England Patriots like a wrecking ball.
Speaker 2: Mike Mills is are on site.
Speaker 3: Engineer Joe Waddell is producing back on our Kenwood Studios. Wings burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials, wings and rings.
Speaker 2: Has it all.
Speaker 3: We're here in Milford until eight thirty tonight, and you're invited. If you can't be here in person, join us by calling five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand and David Folcher. The Bengals were twenty six yards away from pulling off a miracle upset. Yes, but it was not man to be, as Joe Flacco's fourth and ten pass to Mike Cassecti fell incomplete, no flag against cornerback Marcus Jones, and the Bengals fall to three and eight with their fourth straight loss and eighth loss in nine games, and the New England Patriots improved to ten and two with their ninth straight victory.
Speaker 2: It is brutal being a Bengals fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's brutal being a former Bengal when you see your football team played the way they play. But you know, sometimes you gotta, you've gotta, you gotta, you gotta suck it up, man, You gotta.
Speaker 5: Suck it up.
Speaker 4: And you've gotta find a way to find the wins, and you gotta keep fighting. And that's where they are right now. Evan McPherson money Mack, money.
Speaker 3: Mack kicks a franchise record sixty three yard field goal on the final play of the first half. The New England Patriots run ten plays, yes at gold to go situations, do not score a touchdown. The Bengals defense, which is improving, yes, hold New England to nineteen points because there was a pick six in there. Yes, so there are signs of improvement. But Rock, like you said when you walked in today, close don't count there.
Speaker 2: It don't count in the National Football League.
Speaker 5: No, it doesn't, man, And they are close.
Speaker 4: I mean you know a player two here, we get a pick six on defense, they get a pick six on defense, and we still lose a game and we only give up nineteen points. Now, we already talked about how this team gives up so many points. This time the offense couldn't score enough to win the game.
Speaker 3: And without Jamar Chase, Yes, the Bengals offense had to get creative. Okay, they got Mike Oseki back. They were using all kinds of players, especially Chase Brown. Players started dropping like flies with injuries on both sides. On both sides, And there was a point in this game in the second half where the Bengals were down to two healthy wide receivers by the name of Mitchell Tinsley and Charlie Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were not healthy enough at receiver because these guys are getting hurt.
Speaker 5: But you said it.
Speaker 4: I think in the first six plays of the game there were three guys a Bengal and two.
Speaker 5: Players from the other team that got hurt.
Speaker 4: And I'm thinking, we haven't even played three minutes in a game and we've lost three players already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Orrin Burks went down, Yes, but I believe he came back.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: Marco Wilson, corner back for the Bengals, Yes, he's out with a hamstring injury. They lost TODs Brooks running back with a concussion. And then later in this game, oh.
Speaker 4: Te Higgins, Yeah, that was his head slammed against the turf.
Speaker 2: Was brutal.
Speaker 3: And he was taking off on the cart, not on the back of the cart. He was riding alongside the driver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he lock.
Speaker 4: He just looked a little dizzy, you know when you get a concussion. Everything kind of blurry and just floating around. So when he got up off the ground, I know, I heard the paramedics upstairs holler that they need to get a cart because I'm upstairs in the press box. So when I heard that, I'm going, man, he's not getting up. But then that's aw him stand up. Everything's would be good. So concussion, But because of the short week, he's probably not gonna play on Thursday.
Speaker 3: How are they going to field a team on Thursday night, Thanksgiving Night against the Baltimore Ravens at M and T Bank Stadium.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, I you know you you got somebody in that depth chart or they gotta go to the practice squad to bring somebody up. Man, because they're gonna go in there and with a six shooter in your hand and only got three bullets in it is not enough.
Speaker 5: Not enough.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I have to stand up here for a minute. I'm just so fired up. He is one thing that bothers me. And yes it's nitpicky, but body language means a lot. Okay, And Zach Taylor standing on the sideline with his arms folded, and on the other sideline, Mike frable, hands on knees, looking ahead. It looks like he.
Speaker 2: Wants to play. Yeah, come on, man, show some emotion.
Speaker 4: You know what's out there. It's what's funny. And I'm not funny like ha ha funny. But what's what's ironic is you know, Zach Zach Taylor. He's he's starting to, you know, be a little bit more vocal to the referees, trying to figure these things out.
Speaker 5: But something's got to happen.
Speaker 4: He needs to get a fifteen yard penalty because he's pissed off at how they're treating his football team and sometimes where the calls are going. But you know, nice guys in the NFL don't finish, you know what I mean, Oh, you gotta be a bad guy as the Pittsburgh Steelis.
Speaker 5: Why do you think the Pittsburgh Steelers get what they get?
Speaker 4: Because they're out there trying to knock people's head off, trying to hurt people, and the NFL acts like they're.
Speaker 5: Scared of him.
Speaker 2: But when you just kind of sit back and be passive. I mean, I'm not saying that he's a.
Speaker 4: Passive coach, but when you're when you're one of those guys that just goes okay, Okay, Well you know what, man, it's really not okay.
Speaker 3: I'm driving here to Milford. Love it here, Love Milford. I was just here yesterday. Yes, I'm firing some indoor softball at a nearby facility.
Speaker 2: So I love it here. But I'm on my way.
Speaker 3: So I'm listening and I'm trying to take notes in my car on the way down here from the Miamisburg War Room. So when David Fulcher faux Rock walks in and I know that he's at the game, he's in the press box.
Speaker 2: Was Mike is sick?
Speaker 3: He interfered with on the final offensive play by the Cincinnati Bengals, no doubt, no.
Speaker 4: Doubt was passing inference. And I think they play before that the receiver came across the middle. It might have been Tensley. He was also interfered, you know. But they're not going to make those calls to change the game late in the game. If that game, if that was a third quarter or second quarter drive coming down, maybe, but the officials do not want to be the catalysts of changing the game or the outcome of the game. But those calls should have been made, and they weren't made, so in a sense, it wasn't passing inference, because if it was, they would have called it.
Speaker 2: This is the place to.
Speaker 3: Five one three, seven four nine, seven thousand and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers. We are live at Wings and Rings and Milford fifty eight oh nine Smiser Road.
Speaker 5: This is Chick.
Speaker 3: Ludwig alongside Faux Rock David Folter. We're here till eight thirty tonight on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: WELC the fact that.
Speaker 3: The Dry State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers Chick Ludwig alongside Faux Rock David Fulcher. We are here at Wings and Rings and Milford fifty eight oh nine Smiser Road until eight thirty tonight, and it's the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL carriers. Phone lines are lighting up. We're gonna get to each and every caller. This is the number to dial.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 3: This is the place defense five one three, seven four nine, seven thousand and David, I've said all along that Joe Flacco is the kind.
Speaker 2: Of guy grizzled forty year veteran who will.
Speaker 3: Look awful in stretches and then look awesome in stretches. Okay, so he takes a sack that takes the Bengals out of field goal range. He throws a pick six, which was even Dan Horde and Dave Lapham could not believe. He double clutches and then throws it anyway, I mean telegraphing that throw to Marcus Jones for an.
Speaker 2: Easy pick six.
Speaker 3: Okay, Then how about the first drive here in the fourth quarter, Bengals have it third and one at their own forty five yard line. Yeah, they decide to pass the ball short right to Chase Brown incomplete fourth and one at the forty five.
Speaker 2: They line up. I'm thinking they're going for it.
Speaker 3: Penalty on Cincinnati jilay of game and they have to punch and Ryan Rico punch sixty yards into the yad zound.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is going on? You know?
Speaker 4: I tell you, man, it's so hard to it's hard to be a fan. It's hard to be a former player because you just asked yourself some of the some of the scenarios just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: If you were you gonna go for it on fourth and one.
Speaker 4: What I hate about watching this offense, outside of them throwing the football to Chase and Higgins and those guys, is when it's.
Speaker 2: Third and one, we're still in a shotgun.
Speaker 4: We got to run five yards just to get back to the line of scrimmage. They did one thing today that I thought was pretty good when it came down to short yardage. Flackle had a quarterback and got four yards on that quarterback sneak we need a third and one, and he goes either third and one or fourth and one, and he goes for it and he gets four yards. And I'm thinking, well, why don't you do that all the time on third and short. I mean, I know, I know you don't want your quarterback getting hurt, but I think you have a better chance of getting a first down when it's third and one and your quarterback is under center. When it's third and one and he's six yards from the line of scrimmage and he hands the ball off to Tase Brown five yards in the backfield.
Speaker 5: That's hard to do. And I saw that today and I'm just as a as a fan.
Speaker 4: Again watching some of the things that the Bengals do it's just very, very frustrating, and it's frustrating because I know they're better than that.
Speaker 2: Amen to that rock. Let's go out to the phones.
Speaker 3: Jeff is in dry Ridge. He leads us off tonight, Jeff, are you there.
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, I am.
Speaker 5: How you doing, sir?
Speaker 8: Correct? We're at the game today, and it's just it's depressing when fer gets let out of the sales so many times during the game, when you see something crazy happen. But I want to address David Foulcher first.
Speaker 5: You are.
Speaker 8: I've been watching the Bengals. You're my all time favorite, uh defensive backfield player. We we used to weave to laugh a leave you some people.
Speaker 4: Well, I wish I wish they had somebody on the team that could thump the people today, man, because we're not thumping.
Speaker 5: Were so.
Speaker 8: Absolutely with it. But that said, Jick, do you live in you live in Milford?
Speaker 2: No, I live in Miamisburg. But I'm here a lot man.
Speaker 3: I ref and I umpire all over all over.
Speaker 8: Have you ever eaten the Mayti restaurant?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't.
Speaker 8: Uh fabulous tiphoon, unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Jeff, Like you mentioned, Jeff I'm sitting next to the biggest, the baddest strong safety. When he played in the National Football League, am he was a thumper, And I wish we could clone David Fulcher.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 4: I will tell you we did. I did clone one my son, David Jr. But he's you know, he's thirty three. He's thirty three and he was a running back.
Speaker 5: So it's all good.
Speaker 10: I gotta say that they really need you need to get rid of the Duke just kind of draft. If he's part of it, every part of it should go. There's They're terrible drafting every year. I beat him that draft right before they do every year, and every year my draft is better than their.
Speaker 8: Just couldn't do that way.
Speaker 3: Jeff, Hey, we appreciate. They gotta move on. Let's go, tester shoh, thank you very much. John is in Mason, Hi, John, Okay? How about Lee in Cincinnati?
Speaker 11: Hey, gentlemen, y'all doing today?
Speaker 2: We are good, sir? How are you?
Speaker 12: I'm doing pretty good?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 13: I gotta, I gotta.
Speaker 9: I'm calling with him a little.
Speaker 14: Bit, man.
Speaker 12: You know, I'm praying and I'm hoping that Mike Brown is sitting back and actually reflecting on what he's seeing from Zach Taylor, and I'm hoping that he's saying to hisself, this might be the year that I fired this man. And when I say that, I mean people tell me all the time, be patient, give them time. What about the super Bowl? Look, it's it's more so in today's Lee what have you done for me lately? So with that being the case, I'm really looking at Joe Brady from the Bills. Man, I feel like we're gonna go out, We're gonna.
Speaker 15: Get We're gonna make that ls LSU connection with Joe.
Speaker 12: Burrow, Jamar Chase and that Joe Brady.
Speaker 14: I'm just looking for Mike Brown.
Speaker 12: To take that jump and go ahead him, you.
Speaker 9: Know, tell Zach Taylor to kick Hey.
Speaker 4: I will tell you something, man, I know for a fact watching this franchise for so many years that in season firing doesn't happen, okay, And I know talking about everybody was talking about maybe Zach or the defensive coordinator doing the beat that they would go ahead and.
Speaker 5: Get out of here.
Speaker 4: But I don't even even watching the Bengals, firing coaches is very very limited.
Speaker 5: But it does make sense.
Speaker 4: I mean, it does make sense, because I know Brady's name came up a few times a couple of years ago because he was with the boys in LSU and he's out there. But I just I don't see it, and I don't know if Mike will do it, because you look at this football team a couple of years ago fighting for a chance to win the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: They're not that far off from that.
Speaker 4: The problem is, though, is that when guys get hurt and things start changing, and when you start changing coaches and players, especially position coaches, things go different.
Speaker 5: The defense that we.
Speaker 4: Had a year ago was reportedly a bad defense because it was lose problem. Lou takes an Indianapolis job and he's got a top five defense. So is it the coaching or is it players? Or is it scouting or is it recruiting? Is it that guy? That guy might be need to be different?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I agree.
Speaker 16: Now, what do y'all feel like?
Speaker 12: I heard what y'all talking about Joe Flacco and me personally, I feel like he's doing exactly what he's supposed to do. I mean, it's entertainment at the end of the day.
Speaker 9: Foolish people.
Speaker 12: I don't mean to call him foolish, but they whispering that.
Speaker 14: Joe Flacco just might be better than Joe Burrow.
Speaker 9: You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: So with that being the case, Joe Burrow is coming off of that injury, Joe Flacco has to make it little neat. You know, nobody wants to slot the transition to where people second guessing the decision to bring Joe Burrow.
Speaker 9: You feel what I'm saying. So that's just my take on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would, I would say chick when you start talking about Flacco coming in here. The Flaco coming to the Bengals was not a decision on fresh legs, youth. Flaco came in here with experience, experience and controlling. Joe Flacco's job is to keep the game under control. We don't want Joe Flacco to go out there trying to throw for five hundred yards and six touchdowns. We just want him to manage the game. And he has been managing the game.
Speaker 5: But when you try.
Speaker 4: And if you look at the defensive side of the ball in the last not this last two games, but the games before that, we had too many problems yet a play game and then today's game should have been winnable game because the defense can.
Speaker 2: Be scores down.
Speaker 4: Yes, we just scored enough today to beat the team today.
Speaker 2: We just scored enough a week ago to beat Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: But that's that's offensively and that those things need to get taken care of.
Speaker 2: And Lee, we've got to run. Appreciate the appreciation league over.
Speaker 17: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Troy in Cincinnati.
Speaker 17: Hey, how you guys doing all right?
Speaker 2: Droyd?
Speaker 5: We're good?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Yeah, it's just depressing, you know, as a fan here every week you need to sit here and watch the same old product on the field and just like you know, it's either the offense scores enough.
Speaker 17: And the defense can't stop nobody.
Speaker 15: Or like the last two games, the defense is played halfway defense. I just want to why they didn't play Burrow. I know it's a short week, but put him in and he wants to play them.
Speaker 9: And the division is still up.
Speaker 17: For grabs, and that's the bad thing about it.
Speaker 15: Like the division ain't that strong this year. And you know, Baltimore one.
Speaker 17: Today, so now it's like they're six and five for six and five, the Bengals were.
Speaker 15: Won today, they could have been four and seven, So it's just frustrating that.
Speaker 17: You know, like of all years and all.
Speaker 15: The players that they had contract issues with, Henderson, Higgins and Chase, none of them play today or even Burrow.
Speaker 17: So you got four players.
Speaker 15: Or four half played players and they weren't on the field. They're due to injured so and Chase what he did. So just wondering why they should just win, haying with Burrow and go out, go out in for it, even if it's on the show. Week of Burrow said he was ready to play. I'll let you guys talk about that.
Speaker 4: Hey, I was a little I was a little shocked that Joe didn't play, you know. And once again people go, hey, if the team is not going to the playoffs or they're in a bad shape, but Joe Burrow is still part of.
Speaker 5: This football team.
Speaker 4: If a lionan gets hurt, if a running back gets hurt, you know when he comes back, he's coming back no matter what, no matter us being three and seven or seven and three. So the same with Joe Burrow because he is part of this franchise.
Speaker 2: He is part of the football team and no.
Speaker 4: Matter what happens, win or lose, to have your best players on the field, going after and I don't know why Joe Burrow didn't play. I know it's a short week, but you know what, Joe should have played today and Joe Betta play on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: And with that we've got to run. It's the top of the hour break. Appreciate all the calls. Five one, three, seven nine, seven thousand is a number to dial.
Speaker 2: This is the place to vent.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers with your co hosts Chick Ludwig and David Folcher on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealers post game Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Post Game sports Talk is prompt to you in part by Hello, Windows and Door making life brighter. Heello now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Teve schlvin five one three, five one three, toph Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years. And now post Games Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: We are live at Wings and Rings and Milford fifty eight oh nine Smiser Road, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 3: I'm alongside Bengals legendary strong safety David Foulcher. We're breaking down the Bengals twenty six to twenty loss to the New England Pageot's like a wrecking ball. Mike mills is are awesome on side. Engineer Shoeless Joe wad Tell is producing back in our Kenwood Studios. Wings and Rings has it all wings burgers, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, drink specials. We are punishing their boneless wings like crazy.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 3: Yes we are, and we're here in Milford until eight thirty tonight, and you're invited.
Speaker 2: And if you can't be here in person, give us a call.
Speaker 3: Give us a call at five P one three seven four nine, seven thousand, because.
Speaker 2: This is the place to vent about your three and eight Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 5: Never would have thought that it's.
Speaker 18: Top being a Bengals fan, David Fulcher, never would have thought they'd be three and eight never, you know, not what the players that they've got, It just it baffles me there with three and eight.
Speaker 2: Take away the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Pick six that they scored on and you got to give it up for Geno Stone on the interception and the thirty three yard run to the end zone that dave the Bengals ay ten to nothing lead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought we I thought we got out there too early, man, because that's all that ten nothing, And all I thought about was is can we maintain this or get better from it?
Speaker 5: And we did not.
Speaker 3: Ten drives for the Bengals in this game, five punts, two field goals, one touchdown, an interception, and the game ends on downs down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was chick.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: We we can analyze and look at why they're they're they're bad at times. They they've never really played a complete football game. Million offense, defense, special teams. It's been one one one of those three phases has been much higher than the other two. And today was a perfect day because I'm telling you, I I at the beginning of that game, and I'm watching this quarterback for the New England Patriots, Trake May, and all of his statistics and all these conversations about is he in the MVP conversation? And I didn't see that today. I didn't see this guy who was so spectacular today.
Speaker 2: And I'm thinking, you know what, man, we got a chance.
Speaker 4: We've got a chance if our offense just scored the points to do what they've been doing. We got a chance because they looked like the defense had them where they wanted them. And then all of a sudden, the one flew over the cuckoo's nest, let the bird.
Speaker 2: Out, and the bird took off.
Speaker 3: That's right, twenty six to twenty final Bengals were up ten to nothing. They get outscored twenty six to ten. Unbelievable. Let's go out to the phones. Tiffany, are you there?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Hello, Tiffany, welcome the seven hundred wl.
Speaker 19: W thank you on our way back home from watching that horrible loss. Then season ticket holders for a while. My question is, and this kind of follows up to what was previously talked about, at what point I know you want your star players out there you want to see Joe Burrow back, and we were hoping that we were going to see that today, which of course didn't happen. But now that we've got that loss, and it just seems like that season is coming more and more to where we're not going to come back from it. I mean, you basically have to have a perfect record from this point forward. At what point do you not play Joe Burrow, Jamaar T. I know those are going to be hard conversations because all those guys are so competitive, and you know you want to see them out there, You want to see them when at all costs. But at what point do you say let's not because of the injuries? I mean, like what happened with T today? Well, I mean just your thoughts on that when because if you lose, you get higher draft picks and you want to have a better season next year. So at what point do you say let's not and just kind of see what we can get going for next season?
Speaker 4: At this point, well, as a player, if I'm out there playing and busting my butt weekend and week out, win or lose, and right now we're losing, and then I've got the franchise quarterback who is coming off of injury and he looks like he's good enough to play.
Speaker 5: He should be out there balling with me.
Speaker 4: Whether we win or lose, he should still be out there balloing. And I know sometimes people go, well, you know, there's no reason for him to play.
Speaker 5: Well, there is a reason. There's like four million dollars a game reason that he should be playing.
Speaker 2: Fifty million reasons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fifty million reasons.
Speaker 4: So yes, Joe Burrow, if he's able to play, he should play. I thought Joe was going to play because I think during the week he took all of the number one snaps because Flacco's shoulder was bothering. And that told me one thing that this guy is ready to go and he wants to play.
Speaker 2: People say short week.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter to me if we had to play a game tomorrow and the rest of those guys are out there playing tomorrow, So why can't Joe Burrow do it? So I would say Joe Burrow should play. If he's available to play, he should play, and he should play for the rest of the year as long as he is able to play.
Speaker 2: Tiffany, we appreciate the call. Yes, thank you very much. Let's move on. Rick, are you with us? Rick?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 9: Rick?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 9: Oh? How ya? I'm doing? Jentlemen, I'm up saying about that. You see, you see how you see to have had it. They gave over the bye yesterday, you know against l J.
Speaker 3: Mark say, monster, an absolute monster, rushing for two hundred and twenty two yards?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: And Bear from Blackbyer was awesome too, they they they hogged the ball for forty minutes in that game.
Speaker 2: B Yu was awesome.
Speaker 7: But when that quab when the quarterback got hurt, and uh and I guess Sube Suebrie and you see is alive and well, because they could have just run over that team without that, I mean they lost their their quarterback.
Speaker 9: And see what all they had to do was just stop the run. You know, all they had to do was just you know, Russia, Russia, Russia Russell and uh.
Speaker 20: They could have flipped that score. I said that they just handed the game with the bay was like they fell sorry for him, you know, yeah, the quarterback we feel sorry for.
Speaker 9: You know, that's what it looked like.
Speaker 2: You know, special teams murdered U see last night?
Speaker 9: I know I know. Hey, hey I know you have three three field goals.
Speaker 5: This you're right, you know, right, right, right.
Speaker 20: But but besides that, uh, that b why you lost the quarterback. I mean they put themselves on the silver platter, you see. I mean that was a gift that gave would should have been a gift they had no quarterback.
Speaker 3: Rick, Rick, you called w l W last night, which I appreciate, and you said, if Evan Pryor plays in this game, you see wins.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I love Evan Pryor, former Buckeye, now a bear Cat.
Speaker 2: I love him. He was awesome.
Speaker 3: But you see, did not sustain any momentum. They only had the ball for twenty minutes in that thing. Yes, they came back at the end, but then Pyu scored again late, so we got to move on here we're talking Bengals football. We appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: George, Are you there?
Speaker 16: Yes, I'm here.
Speaker 9: How you doing taking advance of my call?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 16: Uh, first time caller that I think the Bengals had a key game because you showed without the key players for he came. The Bengals lost that game in the first half when the coach did not kick that field goal. That field goal would have left him with three points and they came back. They would have in the last twenty six second of the game, they could have won. But that's my take on it, and I'd like to hear you what y'all think about that.
Speaker 9: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was critical, Yes, that did. You took a sack. I know it took him. They were there would have been a fifty two yard field goal, fifty two or fifty three. You were with the thirty five yard line and you take what a twelve yard sack and it kills you.
Speaker 2: And you know what, we also coaches always tell your.
Speaker 5: Quarter back, man, you got.
Speaker 9: Right overdid this game?
Speaker 21: I think he got He got to goggles thinking that that score, that touchdown to win that game out instead of playing statistic in the football game, don't go that far down, take the three and you had a whole second and a half to come back.
Speaker 22: They'd have got there.
Speaker 16: They'd have been three points down because he got one of the beast kickings in the league.
Speaker 3: And don't beat well and so does uh talking about great kickers, New England's got one too, andres Bori Dallas four for four man he busts a fifty two yarder man, he misses that the Bengals are in prime position yet two either kick the game time field goal or win that game.
Speaker 13: That they would be they would have did that. I think you.
Speaker 21: Should have just did three points that that I had come back and they would have been down.
Speaker 8: And so they.
Speaker 20: Alright, that's my FA.
Speaker 13: Appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: All right, George, I appreciate the call. Uh. Do we have Andre in Cincinnati? Is Andre there?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: I am, Hey Andre?
Speaker 2: How you doing? Man?
Speaker 17: Hey, I'm doing all right.
Speaker 6: How you gentlemen doing?
Speaker 5: We are doing good?
Speaker 2: Exceptionally?
Speaker 5: What I just I just got one thing to say. You know, Joe ain't playing.
Speaker 9: Let's let's just go ahead and trade him. With what we got invested into him.
Speaker 23: We can show up a defense and offense and we can get a mediocre quarterback. Uh, pick one, Kirk Cousins, any one of them that will come in.
Speaker 4: No, No, and no, we need a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 2: The Bengals have one. They've got to improve all aspects of this, of this offense and defense.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, and if you trade Joe, you can do that.
Speaker 4: No, ask the Cleveland Browns, why would you Why would you trade your franchise quarterback.
Speaker 9: I mean you're trading because you trying to win.
Speaker 23: I mean, if you trade Joe and you got and you can show up your offense and your defense, and you can go and get a Kirk Cousins, one of them type of quarterbacks like him.
Speaker 9: You do, Hey, look look at this.
Speaker 23: You score eighty points in two games and lost both of them.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't want to get rid of your eighty points. You just need to improve your defense.
Speaker 22: Don't want to get rid of your eighty points.
Speaker 4: But if you get rid of Joe, now your eighty points become twenty, and then you're still giving up.
Speaker 5: You might be giving up sixty on defense.
Speaker 23: But if you get rid of Joe and you sure up your defense, you might not be giving up but three.
Speaker 4: So my question is, so to have Joe Burrow and the offense that we have, So is it Joe Burrow getting rid of him to show up your defense? Is it your scouting department that don't know what they're doing to make that defense?
Speaker 23: You go, the scouting department don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let's get rid of the Let's get rid of the guy that's running the scouting department and see what happens there.
Speaker 2: You don't want to get rid of Joe Burrow and and I've.
Speaker 6: Got a lot to keep Joe.
Speaker 23: But I'm just saying to shure up your defense and your offense.
Speaker 9: You can you can do.
Speaker 5: You can do Jeff as good.
Speaker 23: I mean, Joel is a great quarterback. I'm not taking that away from him. But if you can trade Joe to like the Jeff, the Jeff got a.
Speaker 9: One hundred and five first round pieck.
Speaker 4: Andre appreciate it. Call, appreciate call. We gotta move on.
Speaker 3: We are live at Wings and Rings fifty eight oh nine Smiser Road here in Milford, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW with your co hosts. He's David Fulcher. This is Chick Ludwig seven hundrey w l W listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealer's postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL. Terry were live at Wings and Rings in Milford. Chick Ludwig alongside David Foulcher and Rock. Let's check out the delivery of the game brought to you by RNL Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make RNL Carriers your global transportation provider.
Speaker 2: And it's gotta be. With four forty to go in this game, Joe.
Speaker 3: Flacco throws a seventeen yard pass to Mitchell Tinsley, bringing the Bengals within twenty three to twenty.
Speaker 2: Yes, with four forty to go, and we're automatically.
Speaker 3: Thinking, if they can get the ball back, maybe tye or win this game. Yep, they came within twenty six yards of pulling off a miracle that didn't happen.
Speaker 5: They had a shot man.
Speaker 4: This was a when tod game started, I didn't think that the Bengals had a chance to beat New England because New England come in here playing some pretty good football.
Speaker 5: But we had a shot. We had a shot man. That's all you asked.
Speaker 4: As a player, all you want to ask is give me a chance, give us a shot, and they have one.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's go out to the phone. Said welcome in, Kurt and Mason, Kurt, are you.
Speaker 24: There, Yes, sir mister Ludwick, mister Fulter, thanks for the opportunity. I answer a question for me. If the head coach is calling the plays, what does the offensive coordinat or do I'm just so frustrated. I saw two or three plays a day where we were third and one and we predictably passed. I don't understand why we're passing on third and one. Help me understand that.
Speaker 4: Wow, I say the same thing man, third and one. I saw one play where we were third and one, fourth and one, wherever it was, and Joe Flacco got on the center and they pushed the pile for three yards.
Speaker 5: And I'm staying on myself. I know third and one.
Speaker 4: If you were in a position where you have to go four down territory, I could see them doing something on third and one and trying to get five or six yards, and then you come back on fourth down and you run the ball forward to get the first down.
Speaker 5: I don't know you said it right, man.
Speaker 4: Play calling, it's almost like, you know, I almost want to call it, like being a bully. I'm the head coach, so I can call plays. I can do what I want to do. And I got an offensive coordinator there, and I think that's what happened with Callahan. When Callahan was here, He's the offensive coordinator, and all of a sudden, that job came available in Tennessee, so he took the job in Tennessee. But I don't think head coaches should be calling plays. That's why if you got an offensive coordinator on your staff, his job is to coordinate the offense.
Speaker 2: The head coach job is.
Speaker 4: To get the football team ready to play on game day during the week. But the offensive coordinator, tod fensive coordinator, that's their job to get their teams ready to play on Sunday.
Speaker 2: The question was about a third passing on third and one.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay?
Speaker 3: To me, I translated that by this, we're going forward on fourth down. If we don't get it on third down, that's why we're gonna pass, So we're gonna run the ball and get that one yard.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So with thirteen ten left in this game, it's third and one, they pass incomplete to Chase Brown, so I'm thinking, okay, they're gonna go forward on fourth They line up and then have a delay up day.
Speaker 2: How in the world does that happen?
Speaker 4: I think that's coming because I can sit there and you can watch Flacco.
Speaker 2: He's getting to play. Call in too late.
Speaker 4: But I don't even know if the Bengals were gonna go forward on fourth down where they trying to get the team to jump off side, where they trying to get New.
Speaker 5: England and jump off side.
Speaker 4: But when you're going third, when it's fourth down and one and you're lining up to go fourth down Ford on fourth down and one and you have a delayed game, Well, what was your reason for doing that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: You shet it.
Speaker 4: I mean, at least at least make them jump off side or give them some hut hut or do something crazy.
Speaker 5: But you get up there and you got a delay a game.
Speaker 4: Now you have to punt on fourth and sixth unbelievable, just unbelievable.
Speaker 24: Well on on fourth, on third and one, it doesn't matter who the quarterback is going to be. It's it's all a coaching call right there. So you know, it's just sad to me that we I mean, if you got third and one, if you don't make it on the first one, then you got a better chance of getting it on fourth, you know. I then you're putting if you go pass and and probabilities lower of making that it's just fourth and one, then you're putting all your marbles there. I just it's it's a coaching problem. I don't think that it's a it's a quarterback problem.
Speaker 3: Kurt, and we got a run. We appreciate the call to me. How about the novelty of calling two plays? If we don't get it on third down, we're running it quickly on fourth down, so we don't have a delay of game.
Speaker 5: Get up there really quick, four down and go.
Speaker 2: That's right, it's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Uh, let's stick with the phones here. Bronni in Greenville?
Speaker 2: Are you there?
Speaker 17: Yes, I am all right, home of.
Speaker 2: Made Right Sandwiches.
Speaker 25: Yeah, that's Greenville, Ohio.
Speaker 6: How you guys doing.
Speaker 4: We are well, besides getting our butts kicked again today, we're doing Okay.
Speaker 2: Were it up tonight? We're breathing.
Speaker 5: We're breathing.
Speaker 6: Oh well, I was.
Speaker 13: I was just playing golf today.
Speaker 9: Listen.
Speaker 3: There's golf to be played, in tennis to be served, according to the late Great Sam.
Speaker 2: Wish, and leaves to be raped. What Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 14: My question is you, guys, what what point you fired the coach?
Speaker 5: What point do you decide to fire the coach?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, as a as a Bengals fan, as a coach, as a being around Mike Brown, I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure that. I don't think it will happen. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think it would happen because I think Mike Brown is not that kind of owner that would like to fire people during the season. He's extremely patient. He's a very patient man with because his.
Speaker 3: Dad got knifed by Art Modell after the nineteen sixty two seasons, so he is very.
Speaker 2: Patient with coaches.
Speaker 3: However, Dave Schuler was gone on at midseason, Dave Schuan Okay, and Bruce Coslet resigned in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Nine season after getting a thirty seven to nothing whooping yes in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and didn't Bill Tiger Johnson get removed in favor of Homer Rice in season.
Speaker 2: So it has happened.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you, I don't don't. I really don't know.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of things that need to be moved in and out of this franchise. I was talking off the air about we don't have a general manager.
Speaker 5: We need a general manager.
Speaker 4: We need somebody to run the football operations, not let the coach run the football operations. And when you get that, you're gonna get wins, You're gonna get things happening.
Speaker 5: We need more scouts.
Speaker 4: The only scouts that we have on the Bengals staff are the coaches. I even request of being a scout for the Bengals. I don't think I know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I know a little bit about football.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know anything about nothing else.
Speaker 4: But I think I can go out and scout a player and then come back and say, hey, this guy has a very good motor. But when you have seven coaches who are your scouts and your coaching staff, you're you're you're You're asking those guys to do a whole lot, and they too need sleep, And if they don't get enough sleep, who knows what they're looking at?
Speaker 5: So when is enough enough?
Speaker 4: Well, we're talking about the Cincinnati Bengals and Mike Brown. I'm not sure. I'm not sure where that's gonna go.
Speaker 3: Hey, appreciate the call. We gotta move on, Mike is Than.
Speaker 9: I appreciate appreciation.
Speaker 2: Mike is in lost saton to this.
Speaker 14: My bad full Rockefello Angelino. But it's not just your full.
Speaker 5: All right, you're doing, my brother, what's happening?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Arizona State University?
Speaker 4: There we go four time, all Americas four time.
Speaker 14: Not too many of the proud, proud, proud native son of the City of Angels right there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, City of Angels Man, Holly Wood.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 14: I'm down and uh, I'm living in Manhattan. Now get nice down here. I'm very grateful, David. Uh, I got a Well, I'm down at the stadium on my TOEFI now, well the band I'm with fourteen other disabled Vietnam vets and they were kind enough to bring us down to the game tonight, and hopefully we'll have some good seats. But even if we don't, we're grateful and they brought us down. And this place is rocket Man, and there ain't too many bucks. I don't. I don't. I haven't won in the stadium yet. We're getting ready to. But I don't see too many bucks Man, So that's okay with me. Well, I don't need any books, but I got a kick out and listening to Marvin on the h This was one of the few times I didn't listen to Dan and Dave. I listened to.
Speaker 24: I wanted to hear Marvin.
Speaker 14: I hadn't heard Marvin as an analyst on a football game before, and boy.
Speaker 6: Was he good.
Speaker 14: And two specific points that he brought up, David Culture or number one late in the game when the Bengals had one time because this was notorious for Zach Killer with these clock management crap. Yes he there was late in the game, and Marvin even said, why is he calling the time out? Just push push, push, get up to the ball, call a play, don't burn your time out. That pissed him off, excuse my language. And then the other thing was exactly what you just said about the dbs aren't turning their heads around. Now you could tell Marvin was irritated, Dave. So your comments on those two iss I brought up, sir plate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean I was always told that if you watch, if you're covering the receiver and I cover tight ends and running backs out the backfield, you can tell when the ball is coming because their eyes get really big, they get really big and wide. So as I'm running down the field, the guys just if he's just running down the field just to be running, I don't think that's happening. So when that when his eyes are getting wide checked, that means something's happening, something's coming it.
Speaker 2: He improves his speed and his speed gets a little bit faster.
Speaker 5: Yes, turn your head around.
Speaker 2: My corners.
Speaker 4: When I played Eric Thomas, Solomon Wilcox at safety, Louis Billups rest rest in peace. Yes, I played with Lewis Breton. I played with the Ray Horton. I played with some guys that when that ball was in the air, they knew it was coming. Yes, they turned their heads around, they found the foot ball, and then they make a play.
Speaker 5: For some reason.
Speaker 4: Today, I don't know if it's the NFL, but not too many corners turn their heads. They just keep running and pay attention to the receiver and then throw their hands.
Speaker 5: Up and knock the ball down.
Speaker 4: But ninety percent of the time it's a pass and inference call, and you can't win like that.
Speaker 14: So, Dave, what you're telling me is that you're really playing your position correctly. You're actually looking at this receiver's eyeballs and and you're paying that close of attention to him right as opposed to the quarterback or anybody else.
Speaker 2: You're paying attention.
Speaker 4: If I'm playing man and man on somebody, I'm paying attention to that guy throughout the whole entire route. I don't look back at the quarterback I don't look anywhere else when I'm looking at him the whole time. And when I'm watching him, he's going to tell me where I should be and what should be happening when his i get big, And that proves coming out when his eyes get big, man, and all of a sudden he goes from a four to seven to a four to three.
Speaker 5: That means I'm gonna put on my spe so I can catch him.
Speaker 2: Hey, Mike, Kevin Greens, you have a great time.
Speaker 3: Thanks at the ball game, and all the all the best to you, man, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 3: We've got Mark and Jeff and Dick and Bryce and Jason.
Speaker 2: Man, we're gonna get to every one of your calls.
Speaker 3: Bengals fall today twenty six to twenty to fall to three and eight, and the New England Patriots improved to ten and two with their ninth straight win. And we're live at Wings and Rings in Milford, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW. Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 2: He's David Folter, This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 3: We're live and Wings and Rings fifty eighth nine Smizoor Road in Milford, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. I've got my coffee, I've got my computer. All I need is you at five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Awesome to be with Faux Rock today and Rock Let's highlight the drive of the game brought to you by the BMW Store. They are over three hundred and fifty BMW centers in the United States, but there's only one store, the BMW Store where.
Speaker 2: Passion Loves Company.
Speaker 3: And once again, there was only one offensive touchdown by our Cincinnati Bengals. Four plays, seventy one yards. It took up one minute and fifteen seconds. It happened at the four to forty mark of the fourth order, Joe Flacco to Mitchell Tinsley, pulling.
Speaker 2: The Bengals within twenty three to twenty. It wasn't enough.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you one thing, though, I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought Tinsley would be more involved not having Chase in the game, so I thought that he would be a big target because the boy catches everything that's thrown to him, you know, and for some reason there was only a couple of passes thrown to him. But I'm telling you, man, it's very frustrating because there's too much talent on this football team not to be with a better record than what we got right now.
Speaker 2: Totally agree, Totally agree.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to the phone, said, welcome in, my buddy, Bryce and Anderson.
Speaker 2: Bryce, what do you think today.
Speaker 26: The Bengals? Man, they just cannot get done today again, and they will need to make some adjustments with really fast, especially with the short week ahead against a hot rave And see when a five game win.
Speaker 2: Street, no doubt, man, the Ravens.
Speaker 3: They play three consecutive home games starting today with the New York Jets, so they're in position to really seize control of this division. And like I said a couple of weeks ago, the Bengals launch a new career. A star is born in Caleb Williams.
Speaker 2: Yes, how many players to the Bengals cause to blossom?
Speaker 5: Okay? And Caleb Williams right now, man is.
Speaker 2: Playing hot and it all started in Cincinnati. Unbelievable. Didn't we do that?
Speaker 4: They're like the name Brett Favare yi ago, Yeah, I remember being on that field nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 3: I remember when the Bengals knocked out Don Mkowski.
Speaker 4: Yep, Don Mkowski, and Don came the second year player from Southern Mississippi who got traded in the season from the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 25: Yep.
Speaker 3: And do you know that Mike Holmgren going into that game head coach of the Packers yeh and two.
Speaker 2: Dave Schuler was two and oher.
Speaker 3: And Mike Holmgren told us I didn't think I would win a game.
Speaker 2: They were zero to two.
Speaker 3: Carl Pickens runs back a punch for a touchdown, the Bengals knockout Don Mkowski.
Speaker 2: I remember him.
Speaker 5: I was on that field in.
Speaker 2: The final minute of the game.
Speaker 3: You knew who caught the winning touchdown pass from Brett Farv kid Trick Taylor.
Speaker 2: Yes, And the Green.
Speaker 4: Bay Packers upset the Cincinnati Bengals, and then Farv goes on to start like the next thousand games and then turn out to be the quarterback that he is a Hall of Famer based off of what we did for him.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right. He owes the Bengals. He does time, big time anyway, Bryce, it's always good hearing from you, man, how are you?
Speaker 26: I'm great? And just the Bengals though, for defense was just good at the start, keeping up with his Patriots offense straight a NDP con tender, doing all these great things. And he just throw the pick six the Gino still he's been struggling tackling the guys recently, and you get that, and it's just so much momentum. And then Joe Blacko just throws an interception big six of his own. Yep, DeMarcus Jones in the past, never looks back.
Speaker 3: And both were thirty three yard returns. Is that an incredible And that's what number I wore, Number thirty three, David Fulcher, Bryce, You're exactly Ryce.
Speaker 2: They gotta make some changes, they gotta.
Speaker 3: Keep the defense has to keep improving, and then the offense get your weapons back.
Speaker 2: You miss Jamar Chase today?
Speaker 4: Yes, they big time, Yes they did. I think have made a difference today. He could have made a difference today, Oh, no doubt, because Flacco stood back there quite a few times and didn't know who he was gonna throw it to. Nobody's getting wide open, nobody's getting open. And I know number one is always open. Yes, that's what he told me.
Speaker 3: Well, Bryce, appreciate the call, Thank you very much. Do we have Chason in Williamstown?
Speaker 2: Okay? How about Mark and Florence our good buddy. Yeah, how's it going?
Speaker 27: I gotta I gotta Dave Fultzer question, Yes, sir, Okay. The way I see the Bengals run their offense, you rarely see tight ends going across the middle of the field. As a dB, wouldn't that be easy to cover the Bengals received when they go out on their routes. If you know you don't have to worry about the middle of the field.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're if you're playing man and man and we call some man and man's have a one high safety, I mean he's in the middle of the field. Anybody throws the ball down the middle of the field, he can help either left or right. But for us, it just seemed like there's there's always somebody Why do.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I know this, I know this on I know this on offense. A lot of they passing plays or to the sideline. I hardly ever, sometimes you see the tight end down the middle of the field, but.
Speaker 9: You don't see it A lot and I just always.
Speaker 2: Wondered about that.
Speaker 14: Why why doesn't he use why doesn't.
Speaker 5: He use the tight ends more over the middle.
Speaker 6: Of the field.
Speaker 9: I think that would that would open up things.
Speaker 4: I think I think other teams cover that they've covered the middle of the field. Yeah, because when you look at the Bengals covering the middle of the field, there's nobody in the middle of the field. The linebackers are six yards deep or they're twenty yards deep, and the ball is thrown in front of them. So that's why you keep seeing all these wide these tight ends catching balls in the middle of the field. For us, our receivers and tight ends, when they go across the middle, they're being covered because the linebackers are dropping, the safeties are coming up and helping on the receivers that are coming across the middle.
Speaker 5: So your only.
Speaker 4: Best bet you've got is the sideline, So they're throwing the ball to the sideline. We just I don't understand how everybody else can throw the ball in the middle of the field against us, but we can't do that on them.
Speaker 3: And Mark, with that, we've reached the top of the seven o'clock hour break, really appreciate you man. Thank you, but you are listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 2: He's David Fulcher. This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 3: Hour and a half down, an hour and a half to go. We are live at Wings and Rings and Milford.
Speaker 5: Come on out.
Speaker 3: We're here till eight thirty tonight. If you can't join us. Five one three, seven four nine, seven thousand. Chick Ludwig with the Rock, the Faux Rock.
Speaker 4: David Foulcher on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealer's postgame sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame sports Talk is brought to you and part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pella Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier dealers turn to the experts Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five one three, five one three top h Postman Law Injured call eight four four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provide and by your Tri State Chevy Dealers the number one selling Brandon Cincinnati for nine straight years and now post Games Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: We are live at Wings and Rings in Milford at fifty eight oh nine Smiser Road, and you're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 3: I'm alongside the biggest, baddest strong safety in National Football League history, the Bengals legend David Foltz, and we're breaking down the Bengals twenty six to twenty loss to the New England Patriots today like a wrecking ball. Mike Mills is are awesome on site engineer Shoeless Joe Waddell is producing back at our Kenwood Studios, Wings and Rings.
Speaker 2: We love our partnership with this great restaurant.
Speaker 3: Wings Burger, sandwiches, salads, appetite, there's drink specials. Wings and Rings has it all and we're here in Milford until eight thirty tonight, and you are invited. If you can't be here in person, join us by calling five point three seven four nine seven thousand.
Speaker 2: Jordan is our awesome server.
Speaker 3: Tonight we're punishing the boneless Wings and all kinds of chick magnets in the house.
Speaker 2: Kaylaw Kelly Emma from Milford. Yeah, we're having a.
Speaker 3: Blast tonight right here on seven hundred WLW Rock. What is your message to the Bengals with a three and eight record?
Speaker 2: Where do they go from here? You can only go up, yes, and you know what, you gotta go to work.
Speaker 4: It's just like anything that you have every day to somebody that's working.
Speaker 5: You have to go and do the job.
Speaker 3: If what's said is what's said is there are six games left and they still remain three games out of first place.
Speaker 4: You know, if they just if they went out, they finished nine and eight, nine and eight could probably get you a sniff to the playoffs. But you gotta you gotta win, You gotta win, and you gotta do it now.
Speaker 5: You can't wait later. You gotta do it now.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't get any easy, man, because Thanksgiving dinner, we're gonna be sitting there watching them play to the Ravens and it's gonna be a tough one.
Speaker 3: Just a reminder to fans out there that post game Sports Talk is brought to you in part by AE Door and Window Company. They sell the best and they service the rest. Let's go out to the phones. Is Jeff there in Cincinnati?
Speaker 6: Yep, I'm here.
Speaker 13: How you get them done?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 25: Jeff Man, Hey, I'm I'm a Bengals fan for the last thirty years. I remember saying David play and it's Don and talking to him and you both. And I'm on my way back and just out home now from the Bengals game.
Speaker 13: Uh, believe it or not.
Speaker 25: As my first Bengals game, my daughter Doug bought me a ticket and we all win as about six or seven of the Flint and uh, but I've always been a Bengals fan all my.
Speaker 9: Life and it's honored.
Speaker 6: To talk to you guys.
Speaker 25: I've you know, I've been disappointed. I thought this was gonna be a great season, you know, and it's just like everybody else. And uh, I've seen a couple of bad calls on the Bengals. You know, you could have got you know, uh call on a couple of passes that you know, they were I mean, they were just I mean their their receivers just got killed by a couple of times and didn't get the call. But at the end of the game there but we stayed until the end, hoping, hoping for the best, you know, And.
Speaker 3: Uh, Jeff, how awesome was the goal line stand?
Speaker 2: That was just incredible.
Speaker 25: I mean, we couldn't lave it. I think they stopped him eight times on that goal. I stand on that end down there, and about eight times I think they stopped them on the goal line stand. And I said, my gud walcme work the defense man. You know, fifth year, what.
Speaker 2: Are they been? Was that was phenomenal? David?
Speaker 3: You probably yeah, is David sitting next to me here as you're watching them, are you thinking to yourself? You're you're out there, You're out there, You're in that scrum.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm thinking as a player, how do I get the ball back to the offense?
Speaker 5: How do we make plays?
Speaker 4: How do we stop them to give our offense a chance to go down and make something happen on the other end. And you know, the Bengals haven't done that enough this season, but today.
Speaker 5: The defense showed up and did some things.
Speaker 4: We just you know, I said it earlier in the show, it takes three phases of the game to be successful. We got field goal kicking, we got plenty and everything was great. Offensively, we were kind of sputtering defense. We sputtered a little bit, but we didn't have all three of them on the same page. And if we would have had all three of them on the same page, I.
Speaker 5: Think New England was about to get upset. I thought you got ten nothing nothing.
Speaker 25: I thought we had them and the Mangans got the interception.
Speaker 6: The beginning the game.
Speaker 13: I think it's first quarter.
Speaker 25: Oh my gosh, you haven't seen us. Uh you know, my daughter and my son and all my grandson, we all we was all jumping up and down, screaming and I, hey man, they got a chance ten nothing but you I enjoyed the game, and uh.
Speaker 17: Uh that spurred.
Speaker 25: Like I said, it was all my bucket left to go to the Bangles game. My daughters seen it, seen it getting done that chair safety and appreciate.
Speaker 6: Man. I've been around, been around alone.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, we go way back to protective We go way back to nineteen sixty eight, don't we.
Speaker 25: Oh yeah, man, I was born in sixty three. Actually yeah, well i'll be sixty I'll be sixty three and anyway, so fantastic.
Speaker 3: Well, sixty eight and sixty nine they played the Bengals were born. They played two years at Nippert Stadium and then on the River Front and now Paul Brown in pay Court Stadium.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate the call. Thank you very much.
Speaker 13: Thanks thanks for protecting my call.
Speaker 9: I'm great to talk about that.
Speaker 13: I didn't great talk to mister Paul Draft. I've got his autograph somewhere now there.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, outstanding, Hey, thank you? Do we have Anthony and fort Wayne Anthony?
Speaker 28: Yes, yes, I'm here, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome to seven doing w good good.
Speaker 28: I just want to say I've got two points to make birth.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 22: My family's had.
Speaker 28: Season I get since the early nineteen seventies and it's long four hour drive home, and you guys help help me get get me through that.
Speaker 9: And so today was.
Speaker 28: Really about the most lethargic and unenergetic the fan base has been because I've been coming to games, and it just really goes to show the state of the franchise and the state of the city. The team's really yearning for a very successful team, and the fan base is just crippled over and over again just waiting for the shoot to drop on these one score games. And I think whenever we see how many one score games have been over the last couple of years. Is these how close is it can be to win? You know, we just really comes down to coaching, and those are kind of the points I wanted to make. And thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: Hey, I appreciate the call. All it means all at me.
Speaker 3: When you're close, you're not You're not there yet, And an inch is a mile.
Speaker 4: David Poulcher in the National Football League, Oh, no, doubt man, And people it's hard to explain. You just you have to be there. Oh yeah, I mean and mean what I mean by be there, not in the stands watching it, But you have to be in the trenches. You have to be on the sideline. You have to be at practice. These guys practice their tails off. They're out there doing the busting the butt. They're looking at a lot of film, doing a lot of running, doing lifting weights. And then when you get out on the football field, you do that so you can release all the energy that you had during out that week. And when you get out there, man, and it doesn't go your way, you just feel like you're not worthy. You're not worthy. I mean, how in the world do I miss tackles? How do I drop a pass. How do I throw an interception? How do I give up you know, a ten point lead or a twenty point lead. It's just hard, man. I'm sitting there watching the brown just beat the Raiders, and you know, the Raiders are not a good football team right now. The Browns aren't a good but still you have to go out and perform week in and week out. And somehow something's missing with the Cincinnati Bengal team. They can't put all three phases together in one game to be successful. Moneymack kicking a sixty three yard field goal that probably should have went seventy three yards. He probably could have broke the record I think was ten yards up in the air. But yet he could come out there in another day. He could be next week and he's get a forty yard field goal and he misses it. So nobody goes out there to deliberately lose a game. But it's a constant reminder every week that if you don't show up, they're gonna get you. If you don't play well, you're gonna lose. And today we played well for a little bit, but not enough.
Speaker 3: At fans, there's only thirty two team that's it. Look at all the teams playing Division one, two, three, NAI eight, thousands of football players, and these are the chosen few.
Speaker 4: These are the elite of the elite.
Speaker 2: That's what's so awesome.
Speaker 4: You don't watch the best, yes, and you don't plan in the NFL just because there's nothing behind it, just because. No, you play in the NFL because you're good. All of them are good, not just a few of them. They're all good. In college. You've got some exceptional athletes in college, and not all of them are just like the same.
Speaker 2: But when you come to.
Speaker 4: The National Football League, it sometimes check everybody thinks, and it means the NFL means the National Football League.
Speaker 2: It means a.
Speaker 5: Lot like not for long.
Speaker 2: Correct, don't do your job.
Speaker 3: And that's why reaching free agency it takes four years.
Speaker 2: There's a whole bunch of guys on three year deals.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's not easy, man, I'm telling you, it's not easy.
Speaker 5: And people don't. People fail to realize.
Speaker 4: Someone asked me a while ago about was it fun playing the NFL. I said yes and no, and they said, well, are you serious It wasn't fun? I said no, it's a lot of hard work. If you practice all day and not all day.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: We've practiced for three hours every day and then those three hours, man, that is brutal. I have to hit a running back like James Brooks or Ikey Woods. I have to try to blitz alignment like Anthony Munnos. He won't let me touch Anthony. I mean, he won't let me touch Boomer.
Speaker 2: You know. I got to cover a Rodney Holman at the tight end, you know.
Speaker 4: And when James Brooks come through the line of scrimmage, he don't come through the line of scrimmage just to blow blow kisses at me.
Speaker 5: He's trying to run me over.
Speaker 2: But I get that. You get that day in and day out.
Speaker 4: Because on Sunday I get a chance to perform against another team and be the best that I could be against that team.
Speaker 2: Great stuff, David, He's David Fulcher.
Speaker 3: This is Chick Ludwig And just a reminder that postgame sports talk is brought to you by M and P Logistics. From first down to final mile, M and P delivers you can depend on it. Let's take a quick break and we'll come back. We'll get to the bottom of the hour. And you're listening to the tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the.
Speaker 3: Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. He's David Fulcher. This is Chick Ludwig. We're talking Bengals football. They lose today twenty six to twenty two the New England Patriots. Let's stick with the.
Speaker 2: Phones here, We've got Mark and Milford. Mark, are you.
Speaker 24: There, Chick.
Speaker 29: I just want to remind the young kids in the audience that with three straight poor Pro Bowls, thirty one interceptions, a sack, and a fourth bumble in the Super Bowl, Folker didn't just fill a statu sheet. He treated it like a Bengal fan treats a greater Sunday the high I went back for seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the Chicks treats a skylight Chilli five ways, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 29: Yes, Hey, Polker, do you remember they used to call it the swat team, But you know, really you were doing crowd control on wide receivers is what.
Speaker 6: I saw going on there.
Speaker 13: But those were the days, you know what.
Speaker 29: Thing around, guys.
Speaker 5: We played a little bit of football back in the day. Man, We did.
Speaker 4: We played a little bit of football and we made things happen the team.
Speaker 29: You know, do you remember bouncing back from the EBB and coming back to the Super Bowl? Do you remember why you bounced back? It was leadership, I think, Bilbert and uh the leadership and all. And here's what we've got in this team. We do have Joe Burrow is a great turner round mindset of a leader.
Speaker 6: He never gives up.
Speaker 29: And you know, even with all the odds against him not having all the tools, I have hope and you know, Zach is a little bit of the beneficiary of a culture changing quarterback leg Joe. But when he comes back, I really do think anything can happen. But it takes leadership and a turnaround mindset.
Speaker 2: What do you think, David, Hey.
Speaker 5: You're right on it man. In nineteen eighty seven we had a strike year.
Speaker 4: We're all the scap SCAP players came in and played and then we were still on that strike year. So we when we after the strike was all, we came back and we wind up finishing like four and ten of forty eleven. But we had a team meeting, an indoor closed meeting amongst the players. No coaches, and the first guy that got up and started talking was Anthony Muno, and then it was Booma Sizing, and then it was Tim Cumry, and then David Fulser, then it was Chris collins Worth, and all of us said one thing.
Speaker 5: If everybody do their job, we could be successful.
Speaker 4: The following year, in nineteen eighty eight, we went to the Super Bowl. Because I believe leadership, just like you said, leadership should come from upstairs, from the upstairs ownership down to the head coach, to the assistant coaches, and then to the players. But I always put it on the players because every time Dick Lebow asked me to do something, I had to do it. I couldn't blame it on the bowl when I missed the tackle, which I didn't miss too many of them, but it was my fault. It wasn't nobody else's fault, but my fault. And I had to look myself in the mirror. And this is what I would tell this football team if they were sitting right here in front of me. Look at yourself in the mirror, and that's the guy you should be mad at every time you do something wrong. If you do your job, and then the other ten guys on that field do their job, we're going to be successful. And no matter how bad this season is going and how bad it looks, you still have to do your job. I heard Marvin Lewis one time say to the team in the locker room, do your damn job.
Speaker 5: If you do your damn job, we're gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: And I think sometimes people forget, and I think when I'm watching some of these players, they're trying to do too much instead of just doing their job. Because if you ask me to to take the force on a on a on a fullback that's coming on the pitch a sweep to my side, I have to take out that fullback in order for my linebacker who's scraping the inside to make the play because I can't make the play. But when I try to make the play, what I'm doing is I'm taking myself out of the play and the other guy out of the play. And you can't win like that. Mark, great stuff, great stuff, Martin.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 29: And I'm gonna tell Zack to let David open up with the next game.
Speaker 3: All right, guy, that show much do we have Jamie and Sharonville Jamie.
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, welcome, welcome, Hey, thank your first time caller. I just had a couple of questions, you know, watching the game today. I don't know, is it just me, but it looked like it looked at like New England didn't have that many better players that we had on our team. And I think a lot of it is it Zach Taylor play calling. I feel like we had better play calling to day on office, we would have won that game.
Speaker 4: Hey, I agree with you, man, because I'm telling you, at the beginning of that game, I knew that the quarterbacks of the Patriots, they've been talking about him in the MVP conversation. But the first two drives, I looked at them and I'm going, we could beat this team. They're not They're nothing, They're nothing special. But as you said, it looked like that we were. You ever heard that saying we were out coast or out out produced. I just feel like I feel like New England's play calling was a little bit better than our play calling. Their players was just as equal to ours, if not worse. They were making plays. We weren't making plays. But then when New England got there, you know, they got the they got everything in gear.
Speaker 5: Then all of a sudden, you start seeing glimpse of what.
Speaker 4: They what they were at nine and two, and I'm just thinking, we are three and seventeen, but we're playing against a nine to two team and we're out playing that team, but yet we were not successful in play calling or making plays.
Speaker 5: You're right, man, right on, You're right on it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, because I you know, I have one more question I get off here. I talked to what my guy worked because weet that hard Bengal fan, and uh, you know, people always saying, what's the Bengals culture, what's the what?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 11: You know, what's the.
Speaker 13: Culture and stuff?
Speaker 11: So I was I wish that you Parlomon, will David Folter, and Willie as if y'all could go down there and get on the bengalscount department and they can bring these players in here, because I know that would be a joy to see y'all down there. I know y'all down in that uh and that down there working for them. You know that would be we'd probably get the players in here we need in the draft.
Speaker 2: Thank you, j I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: It would be awesome, And I don't know if this happens, David to bring in different alumni to address the team.
Speaker 5: You know, the Bengals don't do that.
Speaker 4: And as a player, I'm not sure that's the best thing to do because you're going to bring in an older guy to come back and tell me, hey, man, you ain't playing right, or maybe you should do this.
Speaker 5: You know, some guys don't want to hear that.
Speaker 4: You know what they need to hear is they need a coaches telling them what you're doing is not good enough and if you don't do your job, I'm gonna bring somebody else in and take it over for you. But these guys, they make so much money that it doesn't phase them to hear that. So these guys are gonna do what they want to do because they make too much money. I mean, Zach Taylor on the fifty three man roster, Zach Taylor's probably payroll wise, he might be in the bottom three. So these guys make more money than Zach. So how does Zach Taylor get these guys to start.
Speaker 5: Playing good football?
Speaker 4: You gotta want it, man, because it's in here, It's in the heart. You don't show up for a paycheck. You show up for your teammates, you show up for your city. You practice and you play for your city. You're gonna get paid no matter what. Why not get maid Why not make that money worth this while by winning football games?
Speaker 3: Amen to that. If that makes stuff, it sure does. Hey, we appreciate the call. Appreciate all the loyal listeners and all the callers.
Speaker 2: We've got one hour to go.
Speaker 5: One hour, man, that was one hour on.
Speaker 3: The Tri State Chevy Dealer's Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carrier.
Speaker 2: He's David Fulcher. This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 3: Five one three, seven four nine, seven thousand, one eight hundred the Big One. Once again the Tri State Chevy Dealer's Post Game Sports Talk live from Wings and Rings and Milford on.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers. We're live at Wings and Rings in Milford, fifty eighth nine Smiser Road.
Speaker 2: He's David Fulcher. This is Chick Ludwig and.
Speaker 3: We have an in restaurant guest, the one and Only Touchdown Tommy from Milford.
Speaker 2: Tommy, how are you? Man? Hey, I'm doing okay. After a game like.
Speaker 30: That, I mean a lot to talk about it you kind of let you. David and I were kind of talking offline and we kind of match up on a lot of a lot of items. It's like, I want to see a football team out there. It's like crash crash dummies, get after right man. Let's let's essentially who's gonna be the physical team. That's who's the come in, not the finesse team. And so that's what I want to see. I saw a lot of energy from the defense today. They play with a lot of energy, and so they kept them in the game. You know, but uh, you know, I I'd like Zach's a play calling to be kind of handled by somebody else, to be delay.
Speaker 2: Frank, third and one, you pass?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fine, But that tells me you're gonna go forward on fourth down thirteen to ten left in this game?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? Fourth and one, they're out there, and a delay a game? Now you have to punt. How does that happen?
Speaker 30: Well, you don't have trust in your offensive line, I guess. Because third and one, fourth the one should be automatic.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yes, and and and in the NFL, every team should be able to get one yard. You should be able to get one yard where there's third and one, fourth and one, you should get one yard and somebody's gotta grab them kimonas and put push forward to get that first down.
Speaker 3: Now the bank were playing. They kept all three timeouts till late in the game. I'm there, like, get the first out, spike the ball right, see they did it like one time, I think spiking it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 30: The amazing thing is that that game came down to the you know all he had.
Speaker 2: To do a score in the last you know, the last sixty seconds.
Speaker 30: Yes, that game was tight all the way and a number of miscues that the Bengals made, in my opinion, both on the field on the sideline, there were plenty of chances that we could have done something there make a difference, Yes, but no, I think it was an out coach. They were well disciplined, meaning you know their team and we're kind of like trying to figure it out, and uh in a lot of it's rookies. I don't I don't dispute that, but I'm watching the videos to Gather. Davis Gather had an interception today. You know the linebackers that played for the Indianapolis We got rid of him. I mean we're playing with two rookies, and I'm telling you, they ate Barnett up today, they ate Jax Hill Hill up.
Speaker 2: They looked for both of them. They look eating them up. Man.
Speaker 30: And if you're a tie, and if you played against the Bengals for the last twenty years, you would have been in the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 4: Because we could not cover ten. We can't cover them, and we don't drop deep enough. Our linebackers don't drop deep enough. Our safeties are too deep, and the bas's been thrown right in front of us.
Speaker 5: And then we got guys coming up. Instead of running through the ball.
Speaker 4: Carrier, we want to throw a shoulder and think we're gonna knock them down.
Speaker 2: That's pee wee football. You're absolutely right, NFL football.
Speaker 4: You have to I was told to put my face mask on his chest so that when I hit him, my face mask comes through his back.
Speaker 5: That's how I was told to play.
Speaker 4: I know that sounds kind of crazy, you know, no visible nobody getting thrown up and then but I used to take put it on your chest and knock him backwards. These guys want to grab and push them down.
Speaker 3: Well, Teqio Spikes told me he wants to see a helmet roll with.
Speaker 2: The head in it. That's what he talked about football.
Speaker 3: But Barrett Carter sixteen combined tackles, eight solo, eight assists, Gino Stone thirteen tackles, seven assists, six solo, Dimitrius Knight with eight tackles, Joseph Osai was six, Dax Hill with four.
Speaker 2: So, I mean those are interesting stats. I mean what's interesting?
Speaker 30: Are you tackling as you're chasing the guy behind you know he's getting behind you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, how many tackles for lost?
Speaker 30: How many tackles on short I mean, nobody's and there was no pressure.
Speaker 2: I mean I get it. I mean we don't.
Speaker 30: Both of our are rushing guys are out right, so you can't put much pressure.
Speaker 2: On a quarterback hits.
Speaker 3: You know, only three quarterback hits one sack that came from Jayalen Davis on that on that safety blist, right.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I mean it's it's a tough situation. I mean, Reynolds is not in a great spot. I mean you look at who he has to ship out there. He can't play anybody different in the cornerback. He has no depth there. Yeah, and there's no depth at safety either. I mean, I thought Battle was gonna be a big player this year. But Battle is in the wrong position. He doesn't want to kind of kind of David to your point, he saw aggressive at the Lion's grimm. If you have a thumper, there's no thumper.
Speaker 5: On this tape, you know.
Speaker 30: And because it sets the tone, it sets the tone on defense, you know.
Speaker 5: And here's the thing to them.
Speaker 4: When I watched this football team, and I you know, people can can pick it to what they want to do.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: When I played, I had a linebacker by the name of Joe Kelly from the University of Washington from South central Los Angeles with me, and Joe Kelly would pull your teeth out. I knew the guy in front of me, Leo Barker, Joe Kelly, uh, Tim Crumride, Reggie Williams, all these guys up front, I knew them. Guys did not want me to make tackles in the secondary. Man, why why are you making all the tackles. I mean, I will come up to the line of Scrimma say hey, loo bo, can I get a little close to get in the box, and I want to I want to play.
Speaker 5: But them guys did not want me to make tackles.
Speaker 4: And and when you watch this football team, it's like, who is that guy.
Speaker 2: Who's the guy that's.
Speaker 4: Gonna say I'm gonna make all the tackles, I'm gonna make the play. It's almost like everybody is waiting for somebody else to make a play.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 30: Well, I think they had Logan Wilson up for a couple of years. He didn't make a dish, but they looked at him to kind of set the tone. Now you got two rookies his linebackers, and you've got you don't really have a stud across the front. Now, you really don't have a defensive standout, not one, not one. And to your point, I mean, nobody can kind of say let's get after it boys, you know, because you got to show it on the field now, because you've not earned the right to kind of step up and make that.
Speaker 4: And you know what us to add to that, though, is how many of the guys on that team are able to come up to you and say, you know, I'm putting my foot in your bike, you know, And I'm not putting it in there because I hate you, but you're not doing your job. Nobody does that. They stand around and they all want to watch. But then here's what happens to me. I like that gets me is that when they make a play, all of a sudden, they got the dancing on and they're down fourteen nothing, and the dude, you don't dance when you're losing, dance when you win it. It acts like you've been there. Paul Brown said that to us many many years ago. Acts like you've been there. As the Curtis scored a touchdown, he drops the ball. Tim McGee scored the touchdown. He flipped it over his shoulder. These guys don't touchdown down.
Speaker 2: They throw it up in the stand. They gotta do backflip.
Speaker 4: They gotta do all that because a it's a showcase, and it shouldn't be a showcase. It's supposed to be smash mouth beat the other guy up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to hurt you, but I'm gonna hit you hard enough to let you know that thirty three is here all day. I Curtis liked to go over the shoulder, just dropped it over and over his shoulder.
Speaker 2: Don't say nothing.
Speaker 5: Ain't up there dancing, just dropping and keep on moving.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Well, let's review, good gentlemen, the guilty windows, window of opportunity brought to you by Guilkey Windows. To keep the quality windows is trusting the pros guilty windows. The window of opportunity came when Gino Stone got the interception, raced it in from thirty three yards out, and all of a sudden the peggals are up ten to nothing.
Speaker 2: What should have happened, David.
Speaker 4: Fulcher, That is when you put your foot on your throat. You put the foot on the throat and you just keep squeezing. They Because I'm telling you, I mayor that quarterback Drake. I'm telling you he he looked rattled earlier, that gear, he looked rattled, And all of a sudden it's like, oh, well, Cincinnati, you gonna let me come out out of this shadow, then I'm gonna get it. All of a sudden he started playing a little bit better. We should have put our foot of thro on their throat. We should have came after him and beat him up. We sat back and let him sit there. We didn't blitz him. We didn't put pressure on him. We tried to rush that four to put pressure on him in that four, didn't get there, and all of a sudden, now he becomes the Super Bowl quarterback of whatnot of the year.
Speaker 5: The key the.
Speaker 3: Quality windows is trusting the pros Kilkey windows. That that s the Kilkey windows, window of opportunity. And the Bengals really let it slip away.
Speaker 5: Yeah they did.
Speaker 30: And I thought they had energy coming out of you know the same yeah with you know when McPherson hits the big long field goal, I mean always sudden, man, you should be playing with the energy.
Speaker 2: And they came out in that third quarter it was like flat clap yeah, flat even flap set, even lap set.
Speaker 3: That is momentum right there to get that Fueld goal to pull with it seventeen.
Speaker 2: To third two.
Speaker 4: Is that flatness that coming out second half on the coach or that players, because when you come out a lot of time, you come out.
Speaker 5: Of halftime, you've been sitting there for ten twelve minutes and.
Speaker 2: We got the ball, then have the ball stiff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, you're little stiff and you're not like you were when you went in.
Speaker 4: Blood circulating, everything is flowing, but you got to come back out and get that.
Speaker 5: Blood going again.
Speaker 2: But we come out flat.
Speaker 4: And when you come out flat and they just punching and punching, you told New England, Hey, it's all the win, you know.
Speaker 30: I think it depends on the kind of team you have, because I think there are some teams that don't need a coach to really kind of kick them in the butt, because these guys are professionals, like you say, right, and it's.
Speaker 2: Me against you. If you beat me, that makes me look bad. Yeah, I mean, you can't have that go on.
Speaker 30: But I think there's this team is a little bit like Doctor Jekyl, Mister or High. You don't know what you've got, and they're very like one mistake and they kind of break down. So you kind of have to kind of stay behind them and just kind of keep pushing it and they're waiting.
Speaker 4: It's almost like they're waiting for somebody else to make them pay.
Speaker 3: It's awesome having touchdown Tommy Stevens from Milford right here with us alongside David Folter.
Speaker 2: This is Chick Ludwig. You're listening to the Tri State Chevy.
Speaker 3: Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers.
Speaker 2: Man, We've got the folks on the line. Please hold on We're gonna come to you next.
Speaker 3: We're live at Wings and Rings in Milford having a blast breaking down the Bengals twenty six to twenty loss to the New England Patriots on seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 30: I would agree, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 31: Heresting to the Dry States Chevy Dealers postgame Sports Talk presented by RNL care.
Speaker 2: He's David Folter, This is Chick Ludwig.
Speaker 3: We're joined by touchdown Tommy Stevens right here in Milford at the Wings and Rings. And I wanted to bring up a couple names here, guys. Chase Brown is really.
Speaker 2: Blossoming into a playmaker.
Speaker 3: Nineteen carries one hundred and seven yards today, five point six yards of carry a long game of twenty one and he also caught a couple passes for twenty three yards. So without Jamar Chase, they had to get creative. So it was great to see Micah Sicky get back.
Speaker 2: In the flow of things.
Speaker 3: Mitchell Tinsley two catches twenty nine yards.
Speaker 2: They needed to get him more involved.
Speaker 3: Andre Josebash four carries or four catches for sixty one yards.
Speaker 2: T Higgins five for thirty one before his injury. Yeah, so they really missed Jamar Chase bottom line.
Speaker 5: They mister mark Chase.
Speaker 4: But I tell you what, Chase Brown, I wish they had another running back that could give him a little bit of breather every now and then, because they're not. It's not giving it to him. Yeah, that's right down. But I'll tell you something, Chase Brown is a gamer. Chase Brown's a gamer, and I wish that line would block enough for him because this guy could be that one hundred yard back every game nineteen twenty carries a game.
Speaker 2: Chase Brown is for real.
Speaker 4: On that offense, I just I just don't see the offensive line pushing. It's almost like they stalemate. They all want to get to stand tall. Pass block and run block is the same thing from every offensive lineman that we got. They don't fire out, they don't go backwards on pass. They stand there and they catch and they hold and they try to bench press.
Speaker 5: And push people out.
Speaker 4: And them defensive linemen are strong, they're not moving. And I'm telling you today's that defensive line for New England. At one series they just fight out kicked the Bengals offensive line, but they push them all back three and out.
Speaker 5: They punt the ball We've got to be more physical. I think you said that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we're not physical enough on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 2: A play here and a play there. But it's got to.
Speaker 4: Be continuance year out, game in game, pushing people and knocking people around. And if you get a fifteen yard penalty because somebody's talking crazy and you put your form in his throat, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm an owner. I'll pay for that fine. But we don't do that. We don't.
Speaker 4: We want to catch the blows instead of delivering the blow. And you can't do that in the National Football leagues, especially not in this league.
Speaker 2: Let's go out to the phones. Do we have Bill in Florence?
Speaker 22: Yeah, I just want to say something really quick. First of all, kudos to McPherson. I mean, geez, hitting sixty three yards, yes, And here's the thing, Fellas, I think you should have got seventy yards. You want to load the truth. And nobody's talking about Joe Flacto and he's not a fifty sixty million dollar quarterback. And this guy's come in to our league, and I mean he's got a three to zero eight caliber arm and he's given everything he can possibly give to this team.
Speaker 3: So it was already a sixth game, already his sixth game. You're right, and uh, he's doing all he can do. I just wish he had to throw that interception because that was telegram.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 22: Just hey, that's part of the game and it happens.
Speaker 9: But this guy has come into this league.
Speaker 22: He's not making fifty sixty million dollars anymore, but they're forty year old. I mean, he's playing like. I'm so glad that if Joe Burrow gets back in there, that this is our backup quarterback. That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 2: All right, eight, Bill appreciated you carry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you mentioned Evan McPherson wearing shoes for the Shoe List. Yeah, a huge, A great cause. Uh, I want fans to check that out. And that was on his uh Mike, you know, Mike my cost like please, yes, all.
Speaker 22: Right, Well, I mean we're donating me and my wife, and I'm just saying, he hit a sixty three. I think he can hit a seventy.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 22: You're kidding me.
Speaker 2: All right, Phil, we got to run appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I want to get to some other callers. Andy is in Hawaii. Andy, are you there. Okay, how about Larry? How about Larry and Hamilton?
Speaker 13: Yes, I am Hi Larry.
Speaker 6: How you doing guys?
Speaker 13: And uh, David, you and I go back. Uh, I'm the Larry that's been to your house and have like five of your jerseys. You kind of stole a little bit of my thunder, David. When the offensive line are standing there upright and they're not leaning in, there's no way in the world they're going to defend. And on the defensive side, when a guy is wide open and we have two Bengals standing there next to each other and the other the offensive player is wide open, there's something wrong what you said earlier about you know, former player coaching. Come on, dude, I know you. I know the coaching that you do with inmates. Now do you know who I am?
Speaker 5: Of course I do.
Speaker 6: Larry, how you doing, man, I'm doing well.
Speaker 13: And I'll tell you what. You remind me so much of Kerry Combs and your power, your enthusiasm and everything else.
Speaker 6: It's electric.
Speaker 13: It moves other people in that same situation. At the end of the day, I'm reluctant to be critical of coaching, but I'm to the point now where you almost have to be. I've had situations with me and Robert Jackson and some kids that I was working with at Northwest High School, and I say, Robert Jackson, get these kids so repped up they couldn't even wait to go play again. The same with Tim McGee, and I know what you're bit made of. So to say that you probably couldn't add value or they whatever you, I would be tickled to death to know that you were going to go in that locker room and motivate people to run through fire with gasoline drawers on.
Speaker 4: I will tell you this, Larry, You're on it man. That stone, that's the stone man right there, Larry's stone. I'm gonna tell you there. I think you know, as a former player, I don't I don't want to coach, you know. I think coaching takes a lot away from your family. You're always gone and all late nights. But you know, we know a little bit about football, man, and I just all I would would love to do is just sit down with the safeties one day and say, tell me what you see. I want to look at the film. All of us are gonna look at the same field. Tell me what you see, and then I want them to just tell me, because I still say it. When le Ball used to tell us that safety he says, listen, I don't want you running out of there, because if you run out of there and the ball is a run, you're gone. He used to tell us to shuffle and two shuffles. Two shuffle steps will tell you it's it a run or pass. If it's a run, on the third shuffle step, I'm coming to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: If it's a pass. By third, I'm going back deep. These guys are running out of there and it's a running play, and I'm thinking, where are you going?
Speaker 4: Why are you guys going twenty yards deep when the ball is being ran and then when they're twenty.
Speaker 5: Yards deep on the past.
Speaker 4: That's why the tight ends are opening across the middle because there's no safety there.
Speaker 2: There's no safety there to stop that.
Speaker 4: When we obviously the NFL is trying to be safe on receivers coming across the middle getting hurt.
Speaker 2: But I had talked to Jamar Chase three weeks ago.
Speaker 4: You know, he told me I will run across the middle all day because I know the earths aren't gonna hit me. Because the NFL is gonna find him. Well, listen, man, let me tell you something. If you were playing my era, you come across the middle, we're gonna hit, You're gonna take your hand off. And these guys won't do it. They will not do it, man. And that's why I just feel like we are passive. We're not aggressive the other teams, and that's why they do what they do to us.
Speaker 13: It's because about the offensive the offensive line. When when when they're standing upright and they're not leaning in to that the defender coming across the line, they're not they're not ready to block that guy. They're standing upright. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: They call that catching. So much we've got, is it? Jacob in Cincinnati?
Speaker 9: Is there Jammy?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir?
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 9: That might be kind of a basic question.
Speaker 32: I probably google it or whatever, but I figure some people might have the same question. At a market like Guards and Cincinnati, where's like where are our main sources of revenue? And like how does that and pay to a big market team? And also I know it kind of comes and goes in waves that you build a team.
Speaker 9: I know the season's not over yet.
Speaker 32: But like kind of how many years do we kind of have with what we've got here, can you kind of paint the picture financially?
Speaker 5: I'm not sure on that one.
Speaker 2: Could you Gosh, I feel like an attorney because you rephrase the question how I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure.
Speaker 30: I think he's kind of like I mean, I think there's two when you when you compare teams. He's trying to see the money that we make, mean the Bengals, how does that compare with other teams? And so obviously there's a cap that all teams play undres, right, and so we know where you know, you're paying Jamar, you're paying Higgins, you're paying that's one hundred and fifty million dollars there, and I think that I think the payroll is about two fifty. So you've got one hundred million left for the fifty other players right now. The question I would ask is, you know where does the Bengals get their money as a franchise to pay for scouts, to pay for you know, all those extra things that really make a difference. Maybe maybe the doctors they have there, the staff that you know, all those other pieces.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know if that comes from tickets.
Speaker 3: That's why ticket prices are going up pay corps.
Speaker 4: Pay Corps gave them a right an eight failure just to have their name on it, so that money pays for salaries as well.
Speaker 30: But compared to like San Francisco, or compared to big, big market accounts, I mean, we probably get less, but I don't think we're spending nearly as much.
Speaker 2: I think the Browns are making a lot of money. Yes they are.
Speaker 30: They'll make even more money they sell the team because they bought it. I think for thirty million, I think it's worth what four billion? Yeah, I mean I'd like to have that return, you know, and so But to your point, I think the Bengals don't make as much. I mean, there's Jersey sales, and some of that is split across all the teams, but there is some some of that revenue is kept by the by the home team and.
Speaker 4: In the TV the TV spots that everybody's getting you gotta, you gotta.
Speaker 5: Not what's his name? The oh, I forgot about the market that fast?
Speaker 4: The the commissioner, the commissioners. Yeah, yeah, Richard Dale's making sixty five million dollars a year to get all these us extra incentives for the team's plan. Overseas and whatnot. So the teams aren't making some money, but I don't know. I don't think the Bengals is making as much as the Big and.
Speaker 2: Some of the other one. We'll continue that thought. We've reached the top of the hour break.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk presented by RNL Carriers on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is the Tri Stage Chevy Dealers Post Game Sports Talk live from Buffalo Wings and Rings, presented by R and L Carriers. Postgame Sports Talk is brought to you in part by Pellow Windows and Door making life brighter. Pello Now pay Later Carrier and your local carrier Dealers turned to the experts. Carrier Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tove Sheldon five to one three, five to one three, toph Postman Law Injured call eight four to four Postman Others promise Postman delivers R and L Carriers, Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider. And by your Tri State Chevy Dealers to number one selling brand in Cincinnati for nine straight years and now post games sports Talk.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers. Postgame sports talk presented by Rnel Carriers Chick Ludwig alongside David Foulter. And we're joined by touchdown Tommy Stevens right here at the Wings and Rings in Milford. Fifty eight oh nine Sims Moore Road here in Milford. Add twenty six to twenty loss by the Bengals today drop in Cincinnati to three and eight. In the New England Patriots improved to ten and two. And guys, let's review today's Postman Law injury report brought to you by Postman Law Injured called eight four to four Postman. Others promise, Postman delivers. And it was a rough day really for both teams and for the Bengals. Marco Wilson, a cornerback, goes out with a hamstring injury. Gosh, even Joe Flacco had a finger injury that forced Jake Browning to come in for a play, completed a pass. He was done because Flacco came back on. But TAJH Brooks is out with a concussion and a shoulder injury by Andre Joseavash And at one point in this game, the Bengals only had two healthy wide receivers in Charlie Jones and Mitchell Tinsley and of course t Higgins. You could hear the crowd yelling for Tea. He banged his head violently on the on the turf and was he kind of knocked out a little bit knocked out concussion And uh man, it's gonna be tough for him to come back and play on Thursday night with the Bengals face the Baltimore Ravens at M ANDT Backs Stadium on Thursday.
Speaker 4: The thing I can think, the only thing I can think of on this concussion is is they're gonna probably give him a test in a couple of days and see what that baseline. But when they go inside the blue tint and the training camp, they these guys get there, they get concussion protocol testing, blah blah blah, lights and whatnot. And when he goes in that tent, they put that same test up to see how reaction and if the reactions aren't the same then it was when training camp happened, then they're gonna he probably won't be playing on Thursday.
Speaker 3: And that's today's Postman Law Injury Report, brought to you by Postman Law Injured Call eight four to four. Postman Others promise, Postman delivers. So where does this team go from here?
Speaker 22: Now?
Speaker 3: David Foulcher on a short work week, man with a three and eight record, having to play really a team now that's tied with Pittsburgh at six and five.
Speaker 4: With a winning streak going. Now, Well, when Baltimore ravens, when you have a short week, you don't have a day off. So like tomorrow, they're gonna be doing installation for Baltimore and practice is probably gonna be a little bit light, but there's no rests, so there's no day off. Normally you get Tuesday off when you play on a Sunday. Well, Monday is definitely gonna be like Wednesday. So tomorrow they're gonna practice tomorrow with soreness, with pain, with whatever's going on, and they got to get themselves ready for Thursdays.
Speaker 5: So there's not a lot of.
Speaker 2: Time for people who are injured.
Speaker 4: You know, T Higgins was if this was a Sunday game coming up, t would have Monday, Tuesday, we got automatic off. Wednesday is installation day. He could be bread, he could be ready to play on Sunday. I don't know what's gonna happen this week. But once again, it's when you got to play a short week. Man, there's no time to sit back and think about anything because you're finna play the Ravens, and the Ravens are look like they've turned the corner and getting themselves ready to play.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see if Joe is back on Thursday night, Thanksgiving night, and Jamaar Chase after a one game suspension. Hopefully he comes back and he can be Jamar Chase.
Speaker 30: I mean that's a big, big I'm kind of mixed on this whole Burrow thing on Thursday. You know, I'm really you know, like I won him for the next ten years, right, and I just don't want to have him showing up on Thursday and having another injury. I mean, is he one hundred percent? I mean they need to be absolutely sure about that. And plus you're going into a hostile environment. I mean, I'll tell you one thing. Baltimore, like Pittsburgh and David, you and I talked about it. They have definition. They know what their defense is and they draft people that fit that definition. The Bengals defense doesn't have a definition, and it hasn't for a long time.
Speaker 2: You guys, were hitters there.
Speaker 30: We haven't had that kind of definition, so they haven't really figured out who and what they want to be.
Speaker 4: You know, the Pittsburg Steelers in the Baltimore Ravens. When a player leaves, when they recruit, they try to find that same guy wherever college he's at.
Speaker 5: I remember when and Oh.
Speaker 4: Harrison linebacker linman James Harrison for the Pittsburgh Steelers. When Harrison, before Harrison got there, there was another d lineman that Harrison played just alike. So when they brought Harrison in the only difference was the name. The attitude and the aggressiveness was still there, was just a different name.
Speaker 2: Well, then they do that all the time. Levon Kirkland.
Speaker 3: Yes, they like hit him for a year or two and then they spring him on on you because.
Speaker 4: Kirkland was just like the guy that was playing in front of him. So all they missed was a different name, but the same attitude. And you don't have that attitude and an identity because we don't have an identity.
Speaker 5: Our identity is draft the player, bring him in here.
Speaker 4: Well, the guy that played that position four before was a four or five guy that knocked somebody's telling all, well, this guy's a four to seven and he's a little passive. Well, that's not the same aggressive guy that we're looking for. We're scouting. Going back to that scouting apartment when when you scout, when you replace a player, you need to replace that player with the same mode of a player that played like this. And that's what that's why Pittsburgh is so successful in Baltimore, so successful.
Speaker 3: Joey Porter, Levon Kirkland, think about those guys, James Harrison, think.
Speaker 2: About all of us. They're all cut from the same cloth.
Speaker 30: They match what Pittsburgh wants to do, you know, and so to you could get a guy that's an inch or too shorter, but he's the guy you want. But he doesn't make a big difference. If the guy's taking your.
Speaker 4: Head, if he does exactly what that guy that we retired that played in that position, if he does the same exact thing, we don't have to change nothing. Our defense is going to stay the same. It's just a different number and a different sized guy.
Speaker 30: We're not changing our defense. We're just essentially putting players in if they can play, that's it.
Speaker 3: And do we still have Chris in Cincinnati on the line okay, and how about Don in Newport?
Speaker 2: Is he still with us? Okay? Uh?
Speaker 3: Seven nine seven thousand, one eight hundred the big one. Well, let's check on Cincinnati's defensive secondary coverage.
Speaker 2: David Foulcher brought to you.
Speaker 3: By Cover since he dot com local health insurance experts for over twenty years. Well, the secondary man got off to a great start with you know, Stone in a thirty three yard.
Speaker 2: Pick six and at ten to h in lead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that I was when they were up ten nothing, I said, We're gonna run New England right out of here. That's what I felt, were gonna run them out here because the defense is still mating right now making plays, and I'm thinking, okay, so let's get the offense to do what they've been doing the last couple of weeks, scoring some points. We got a field goal kick, gonna get kicks and field goals and all of the like, okay, the air just went out of the sale.
Speaker 5: The aggressive this.
Speaker 4: Then the offense slowed down, and then all of a sudden, we get a punter who's who's leading the leader running and he shanks one forty thirty five yards and I'm like, well, he hadn't done that in months, and all of a sudden, you could see win come out of the sale. And now New England says, oh, if you're gonna let us hang around, we're gonna bite you.
Speaker 5: And they bid us right.
Speaker 2: And they had three offensive line to go down.
Speaker 3: Yes they were doing with backup playing backup side the west side of their offensive line, but to stop them on the.
Speaker 4: Goal line with ten plays and that one stretch it was seven at the right, the seven plays inside of ten yard.
Speaker 3: That was after the two pass interference penalties on Dak's hill.
Speaker 4: And our and our defense did that. They got on the goal line. First thing I thought about, well, oh it's another touchdown. They stepped up and made plays, and you say to yourself, if we could do that, we got a shot.
Speaker 2: And sure enough, dude, I knew.
Speaker 5: We had a shot.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: There was no way at first when I saw that game the game started. When I looked at statistics and records, New Eng's gonna blow us right out of our stadium. We're up ten to nothing and we're feeling good, and all of a sudd it was like, oh, we're in uncharted territory. We can't we can't be aggressive. We can't do this because that's not us. And all of a sudden, New England says, oh, if you're gonna give it to him, I don't take it from you.
Speaker 3: And then the secondary, you know, allows gosh, the tight ends to Hooper and uh, gosh.
Speaker 2: How does the tight end get wild?
Speaker 5: Od?
Speaker 2: It was nobody there.
Speaker 4: There was no I mean when I say nobody there, everybody was on this side of the field. And he's the only one over there. And that that that can't happen. And Hunter Henry on a wide can coverage. Hunter Henry with the twenty eight yard.
Speaker 3: Touchdown, seven receptions, one hundred and fifteen yards, Austin Hooper three catches, nine yards.
Speaker 2: Man, Just how does the titand have one hundred and fifteen yards receiving?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Just think like four in a row? I think too, I mean a.
Speaker 5: Deep cross the middle twenty five thirty yards.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it's it's interesting.
Speaker 30: I mean, you know, like I said, it's I think I think some teams scout us better than we scout the other teams, because you know, they played essentially to our weaknesses and threw them right where I mean where they had to and unfortunately we didn't have enough answers.
Speaker 4: You know, I saw this in the game, tim if you guys saw this in the game. So New England is throwing the football, throwing the football, Bake throws interception for a testdown. All of a sudden, New England lines up with two in the backfield and they running ball. Yes, and Bengals are struggling against a running game. So New England says, we're not gonna throw the ball for the next eight plays. And they ran the football, run it down, out through, run it down our throat. We got tired, tight ends open because now the Bengals are looking for a run. So that that tells me that somebody is paying attention upstairs, looking down and saying, hey, listen.
Speaker 5: Don't throw the ball no more.
Speaker 4: Listen running football because they struggle with running the foot run defense.
Speaker 5: And if we run the football, running.
Speaker 4: Football on him, now we're gonna get aggressive and boom, tight ends wide open for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: And that's the defensive secondary coverage report brought to you by Cover since he dot com Cover, since he has you covered with affordable health insurance plans for over twenty years. Let's go out to the phones. Scott is in the great state of Illinois. Scott, what's happening?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 33: Thank you for taking my call, hey, and thank you for your support of Ken Anderson to be in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: He deserves to be there, so keep it up, please.
Speaker 3: A man, I was on the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee for ten years, pushing Isaac Curtis, David Folter, so many guys.
Speaker 6: I know you were, and I appreciate that. We just don't.
Speaker 33: The Bengals just don't seem to get the respect. I just I'm a lifelong Bengals fan. I was born in Cincinnati, but my folks were from Chicago, moved back to Chicagoans ten.
Speaker 6: I go to the games. I buy their apparel. You guys mentioned earlier. I think our drafting is just terrible.
Speaker 33: I mean, you look back at the offensive lineman we drafted Billy Price, uh Cedric Oba, the way he Eric Fisher was it Eric Fisherman.
Speaker 9: I I just think that, I, you.
Speaker 33: Know, we I don't want to give Duke Coven credit, Jake Fisher.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. I don't want to give Toven credit for.
Speaker 33: Drafting Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase because we had terrible teams and there are no brainers. I I just I just don't know where this team's going. I'm frustrated. I've been to two games down there already this year.
Speaker 6: Do you think there'll be any changes?
Speaker 3: Well, the Brown family cannot be happy now. A Marius Mims is an absolute stud. We love him. It's the right offense now.
Speaker 2: Shamar Stewart is a different story. That was to me.
Speaker 30: It was reach uh agreed, Yeah, I mean they draft I think they're drafting by PFF for looking at other publications. I mean he had the essentials right, I mean he had the size, he had to speed.
Speaker 2: He didn't have the production. That's exactly right.
Speaker 30: Guess what the production now either. And he can't stay healthy. So I don't care how good you are. You can't stay healthy, You're not You're not a team player.
Speaker 2: For he should be, he should be Miles Garrett and he's not.
Speaker 4: And even Miles I mean not not Miles Garrett, but are Miles Miles Murphy. Miles Miles Miles Murphy. I mean that is a mountain of a man. But he doesn't do anything. I mean he's a number one pick and he's still trying to find his way on the field. And for me, I'm going, if you're going to invest time and that kind of money on the guy, that guy has got a me and and and let's say that there's a twelve play drive. In that twelve play drive, he's got to be somewhere in five and six of those running plays coming at him to make a play.
Speaker 5: And we're not getting that. We're not getting that produced.
Speaker 3: He's improving as a run defender, but the sacks are not there.
Speaker 2: But to the callers point, I mean, are there.
Speaker 30: We're not going to be able to sign many players anyways because we're we've got Higgins and Jamar So you've got to hit every draft.
Speaker 2: You got a hit pick.
Speaker 30: And so to your point, and David and I talked about this offline, they're they're drafting group is the smallest I think in the NFL, I mean by far, and the coaches have to go out and scout. I think they have like three or four scouts. You've got to build balk that up because it's just like the Cincinnati Reds. You're a small team, small market team. You've got to hit on your draft. If you don't, you're not gonna be signing to other people, you big players.
Speaker 5: You're right, You're right, man.
Speaker 4: That makes one hundred percent true because that when you send your coaching staff out to recruit and and scout, those.
Speaker 5: Guys are coaches.
Speaker 4: They're supposed to be coaching players. They shouldn't be going out looking for players to be on their team. You have your scouting department is as a handful of guys, guys that we don't know.
Speaker 5: Duke Tobin is running all that.
Speaker 4: But five guys compared to twenty five and thirty from other teams, you're not gonna win them. Five guys can only be in five places at one time. You got thirty guys from Baltimore that are over the cities looking at these these players. They're bringing in high quality players when we don't get this because we're all picking from the same group of kids every year from college. So how are these other kids doing so well from other teams in ours? Not because we're picking the wrong guys. I won't say they're picking the wrong guys, but we're just picking guys that aren't making the grade that we want. That we want to see that other teams are getting.
Speaker 2: Enough of them. You know, you get a Chase Brown. What in the fourth round?
Speaker 3: You know there are oh yeah, there are strong gold on that pick that they did.
Speaker 4: Yes, just not enough. Do we have John in Cedarville?
Speaker 14: Hello, Yes, this call will be recorded.
Speaker 3: It will appreciate the call. Uh yeah, Uh. We're winding down here. We've got about three minutes left. And as all Bengals fans are frustrated right now, they're angry, they're upset three and eight. But to me, I mean, there's there's hope here with Joe Burrow coming back. He's got to come back Thursday night, Jamar Chase is coming back. Let's give the Baltimore Ravens all they can handle on Thursday night.
Speaker 5: Thursday night is.
Speaker 4: Going to really define and see where this team it really is, whether whether this team is going to win the next eight games, seven games, whatever it is. I think it's gonna determine on what this team is going to look like in the future, because you know, guys are going to be freezings after this. There's gonna be some players that are you know, contracts may not be renewed, and you're you're fighting for a job, you're fighting for a position to be on this team. So this is the best position a football player for the Cinati Bengals could be in because it's going to show whether you're going to be here or not come Thursday. And what what a what a better team to play against to see what you got in the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 2: And that's what's incredible.
Speaker 3: They are now tied with the Pittsburgh Steelers atop the AFC North at six and five.
Speaker 2: The Bengals are three and eight at.
Speaker 3: Four straight losses and you're only three You're three games out of first place with six to go. It's it's it's an insurmountable mountain in the Clyde.
Speaker 4: And the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh teams haven't played yet.
Speaker 5: I don't think, No, they haven't. They still got to play each other, yes.
Speaker 4: So we those two teams are going to beat each other up, yes, and then they still got to play some other teams in the AFC. So if the Bengals and just get on, who knows what can happen. I only think that one team's gonna come out of this division for the playoffs, correct, and that's gonna be the division winner. So you know, being out three games, it could be two next week. And then Pittsburgh got to play Houston. I mean Pistburg got to play Baltimore twice. Yes, before you know it, the Bengals could be if they're winning right behind, somebody would one or two games in front of behind that team.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been an awful lot of fun here tonight. This was good man. Many thanks to Touchdown Tommy for T.
Speaker 3: And David Foulter an awesome partner and on behalf of all of us here.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, at Wings and Rings in Milford.
Speaker 3: This is the Chickster chick Ludwig saying thanks for listening to the Tri State Chevy Dealers postgame sports talk presented by RNL Carriers on the hull of the Reds and the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WL