Speaker 1: You are now listening to The Jim Colbert Show on Real Radio one oh four point one.
Speaker 2: That's all right, guys, here we go on a Tuesday edition of The Jim Colbert Show. Thank you so much for tuning in. We appreciate that, as we do every single day, and we do have a good program for you. This afternoon. We will get caught up on what's happening in the world. That will do that around three twenty with JCS News four o'clock HOURDS What'd you do? That's New Jack's choice about Chinese EV's five o'clock hours Trida. We'll ended up with Ross Thoughts and it's only money plusure I heard it here. First you're calls, text and talk back to All Day Long. Welcome to the show. I'm Jim to my left, a lovely, very dangerous co host mis deev Roberts.
Speaker 3: Hello there, sure that producer Jack Bradshaw. Good afternoon Comedy Alien Ross pageant feed is up.
Speaker 2: Everything comes out four o seven nine one four one text us at seven seven zero three one. Find is easily on social Instagram, Facebook at the Jim Colbert Show and x just at Jim Colbert Show and All Day every day at Jim Culbert Live dot com. This where you can see us on YouTube. You get involved with our question of the day. Check us out doing the show live. And if you want your opinion heard, it's easy, guys, use the talkback system. Just grab the iHeartRadio app, go straight to real radio and use that mic to send your comment over to Jack.
Speaker 3: We'll get you on the air, turn you into it.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: Even if you don't, even if it's not what we're talking about, you're welcome to offer something to pitch in.
Speaker 3: And that's how we do it. How you guys doing today. Oh, it's good to see your mug. Oh, it is so good to see you guys too. What up Jerry Duty? Oh? This was more duty than Jerry Man. This was the This one was the most bizarre.
Speaker 2: I was telling somebody I was struck up a conversation with two ladies I was near because they were kind of asking questions out loud about the about the process, and I said, I, you know, have a unique perspective. I've been to jury duty and Orange Seminal and now Lake Counties.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna ask if you had all three of the yeah, all three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, never lived in Osciolas. I never had a chance to go over there. I'd have the quad fecta. I don't even know if it's a word, Well it is now, yeah, but uh, you know, I gotta tell you Lake County again. I have said that their government services have always been quite good. The DMV is literally faster than anything, the fastest DMV you'll ever experience in your life. I have multiple times. But when I went up there to pick my number and sign in, was called before I even returned to my seat, you know, and everybody knows that to be a nightmare scenario, especially for the DMV. It is not like that in Lake County. They have they have figured that out right. So we get the facility. It's the courthouse downtown. Tabery's by the way, if you haven't been in downtown to berries, beautiful little spot check out on the weekends. Lots of great little eateries right there on the lake, on the seaplanes, Wooton Park. We spend a lot of time out there in the spring doing gigs. It's absolutely just gets a good reminder of how cool it is done.
Speaker 3: There is a lot of great restaurants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so slid down there seven forty five or four time, a big deal. You know, in the morning, yeah deal, get there and again right on time. They're letting you in, right on time, they're giving your information. Never had a problem with any of that. But so what happens is is they get you in there and you know, and by the way, the room is nice. They have chargers everywhere, so if you bring your phone right, they know, they.
Speaker 5: Exactly, they know they dealt with more than one unhappy jury.
Speaker 3: Simino County don't know. Okay, so Lake County do know. They know the assignment.
Speaker 2: So and went in and as we're sitting talking, they you know, they came up and I said, okay, here's how this is going to go. There's a room full of people, and really, gonna be honest with you, it wasn't that much smaller than any of the rooms that had been in. I thought it was gonna be a little smaller, but it really wasn't. They came up, they made an announcement, here's what's going on, and then they called the first group of people. Now this is where I start rolling the luck dice.
Speaker 3: Ross Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because what you want to do is you want to get called because I know I'm immediately gonna get booted. Right, that's the goal, right, I just did this like a month and a half. Right, you get called, then you get booted immediately, no quiest estu In the minute they find out what you do, you're out e five, You're gone. Right, So they call the first group. I missed the first group, and I'm like, oh darn well, maybe I'll be here, and I'm updating the crew the whole entire time. You know, maybe I'll be here another few minutes. The next group doesn't get called for another like forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: I missed that group.
Speaker 2: Oh so now it's like ten thirty, right, and I'm like, okay, well, maybe this isn't gonna happen the way that I think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: What was your first clothes?
Speaker 2: Doubt starts streaking in. Then she comes out and she makes an announcement. She goes and then she calls your name. Right, So it's about eleven thirty eleven thirty five or so, my name gets called.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, let's go ready to go home? Right, go home, get my stuff, get ready, show us say you're not going home. But okay, so they call you up and.
Speaker 2: Said, hey, you've been called, but we're gonna take lunch for an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Oh plentyt That.
Speaker 2: Means that means we don't get back until one thirty. And at that point I'm like, there's no way possible unless they literally bring us in and go straight into the courtroom and start doing what ere Immediately it's not looking good to be out of there. But by showtime and then they sat down and I'm like, I then nothing happened, and it's like two thirty. Then it's like two thirty, and it's like three o'clock, and I went to one of the women. I'm like, what's what's going on? I think that I thought you guys called us. She goes, ya, yayh you got called. But now what's happening is you're part of the group that's on standby, so if that any of the judges need extra jurors, you're in. I'm like, I'm like, well, what's the timeline on that. She goes, well, nobody really knows because they're in the middle of wadier right now and they're waiting to see what the what it's going to dwindle down to before they.
Speaker 3: Bring you in.
Speaker 2: At four forty, she walked to the podium and said, you guys have fulfilled your civic duty for the year. Twenty twenty five, you're good for or twenty twenty six, you're good for a year.
Speaker 3: You may go yeay.
Speaker 6: I can't ye. You just forgot the year. Yeah, that's how he was in there. Yeah, from seven five in the morning. That's a long dayitting there. You brought a book to read? No, I brought my phone. Because here's the thing people were saying, like, you probably brought a book.
Speaker 3: I told him that he didn't even respond to a new show. What the hell? I actually almost grabbed the book to bring with me.
Speaker 2: And here's my process was this, Well, I'm gonna get where, you gonna get called, and then they're gonna boot me. Like it's happened every single time, the same exact thing every time I was I've been out of there by ten o'clock like it never happened.
Speaker 3: They never.
Speaker 2: They actually never called me to see a jury immediately. I just got called to be on a waiting list again.
Speaker 6: Did you have to What was the interaction like when you told them why you couldn't do.
Speaker 2: It because it's the job or you never got that. You never you don't get that out of opportunity. There's one time in the beginning of the process they say, look, I have you got an excuse and you don't think you can serve, Come on and I'll you know, we'll listen to your and they take you into a courtroom and will listen to it, will listen to you, and then we'll tell you whether or not you got a problem, and then they'll send you back in. And a group of about forty people stood up and I was like, I should be in that kind of that close to just kind of tailing that line in.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, that's not how any of it works. How it works, buddy, It is not how it works, buddy. You are one, right, So I sat there like a stooge for seven hours.
Speaker 6: You should be proud as a proud American that you are one hero who respects the flag and will do anything for this country, makes people stand.
Speaker 3: Up for the national anthema. Party.
Speaker 6: Two days in a row, he fulfilled his civic duty. Yesterday it was he did his jury duty. Check that box. And today he voted in a primary.
Speaker 3: I did not vote in the primary. Today did not vote in the primary today.
Speaker 5: But you and Ross are the only ones you get to like actually have a ballot. Yeah I know, yeah, yeah, Jack and I just get that poultry. Like here's a little something for you to maybe vote on.
Speaker 3: If you're watching on YouTube, that is the I voted in Seminole County, Sicker for school districts for I judges very good. All right, but it was a good time. I guess whatever. I'm good. I'm good for a year. What lady, you're over for this? This guy looks at.
Speaker 2: Me as we're standing in line to him in there, and I'm like, yeah, I'm like, hey, he looks at me. It makes a little common he goes he goes here again, and I go, oh, yeah, you're here often.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: He looks at me, he goes, I've had the right that I had to write the state. This is my thirteenth time being called in like eight years. No, like, dude, you you're you're on a list you need to get off of immediately.
Speaker 5: You know his last name was No, I do not, because now that they've told you fulfilled your duty.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 2: The lady I was talking too earlier, had been had been like five or six times in the last few years. I mean, you know, apparently they're jury happy up in Lake Gunny.
Speaker 6: Well I asked why, uh that was the case of like, what was like when you told them why you couldn't do it? Because I was telling Trendly just yesterday when you were at jury duty of how insane it was that they they passed the microphone from each individual person explaining why to the classroom, essentially why.
Speaker 3: We couldn't make it ross what was your reason?
Speaker 6: Mine was the World Cup? And then like the person before me was like my mother just died. And then the person after me was like my dog is sick, and I'm like I'm going to the semi final, baby, let it ride, let's go, and it was it was just a bad look.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 5: Ray Ray Trendley from TK Law was talking about how different it is in Lake County. He said, they don't call as many people as they do in Orange County. So he said, basically, everyone that gets called a jury duty has to stick around because they're you know, handle three four cases that day and pretty much everyone that gets called. He said, you know, this is practically like attorney's begging you please.
Speaker 2: Be on my jury and even even like I'll make it even worse. I mean, not worse. It wasn't like the worst day of my life or anything, bye even a little bit.
Speaker 3: But I mean people thought you read.
Speaker 2: But the lady comes out like after they called that first group and say, hey, look we have an update. They've settled two of the cases already.
Speaker 3: Oh good.
Speaker 2: But they only had five cases on the docket for the day, and they settled two of them, so they only had to pour pull juries for three cases.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, everything's lined up. It did not line up.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't line up right set right there, my fat ass for the entire day, that's what lined up.
Speaker 3: And let's go back to you not voting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah I did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I just didn't go this morning. Yeah. I'm not familiar with anybody in Lake countybody, so I didn't do it.
Speaker 6: It's also back to back you know, you go Jerry duty right right before election.
Speaker 3: I'll vote all to be fine, I don't want to.
Speaker 6: Make an excuse for that behavior because it's not ideal and I am also guilty of that as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which way, let me ask you guys real quick. I did get in a conversation with somebody yesterday because as we as we beeped into the into the room and went through the metal detectors. Right as we did that, you have to take everything off right. Belt everything comes off right. And as I'm putting my belt on, I noticed the guy that was before me had used his right hand to do something else and he, although he was right handed, he put the front of his belt into his left belt loop first or right belt loop first?
Speaker 3: Do you guys get that?
Speaker 6: So your right hand, you're right handed, right, so you put your you take your right hand with your belt and you put it in your front left belt loop right.
Speaker 3: Do you do the same thing? I think I understand, and yes, do you do the same thing.
Speaker 2: I'm left handed, Okay, you're left handed. This guy was right handed and he put his belt on like backwards. I did not understand that is there reason that somebody would do that like he was right handed, but his first belt loop was not him putting in his left hand belt like we would. He actually was right handed, but he uses left hand to put his belt on like backwards.
Speaker 5: The things that attrack your attention that's fascinating.
Speaker 3: That's what happened when you don't have a book to read. But I don't.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what the deal was because women's buttons are opposite than men's right, right, I don't. That's not a right hand, left hand thing. Do you put your belt on that way or the other one?
Speaker 3: I put it on left. I started left, which right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So your first belt loop is the left, the belt loop left of your zipper, yes, in your right, in your left handed, left hand, but it should be the other way. You'd think so. But I can't throw a ball with my left hand.
Speaker 3: I can't throw a ball.
Speaker 5: I can't literally, I cannot play any sports with my dominant hand. I have to do everything sports related with my right.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: If you ever want to see somebody who really believes the Second Amendment look like they don't believe in the Second Amendment, have then throw left handed.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, that's that is an automatic definer in there.
Speaker 6: I mean, it is different, and everyone knows. It just feels like as soon as you throw, you just feel violated.
Speaker 3: You have to make this sound too, yeah, you have to.
Speaker 5: Somebody just texted us at seven seven zero three. One about being injured. My first and only jury duty was sequestered for thirteen days, five hours away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the two cases they were picking for were two civil cases that were going to be four days long each. The two criminal cases were like a day each. Just I guess they were just kind of you know, just not really severe crimes. Right, but the civil cases apparently must have been pretty early, all right, four seven nine four one text us seven seven zero three one. I've got some news for it.
Speaker 5: Florida's primary election is today. The Palm Beach Clerk of Courts is arrested on child sex abuse charges, and the value of NFL franchises continues to surge. We'll talk about that and more coming up next during JCS News.
Speaker 3: You got it to say, we'll break.
Speaker 2: We'll come back and get news, Deb's news and continue on with the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 3: You know how your favorite tea bag in Rocklege. Glad you're alive, Jim Jams.
Speaker 6: Now, I do believe we raise a beard to me because I think I might have the best costume for such pops and pints.
Speaker 3: Send Jack the picture. You will not be able to miss me in the crowd. I thought that's what I normally looked like. Is that a rosta fish. That's a roster squid. That's a rosta.
Speaker 2: Squid, a short match on purpose.
Speaker 6: I know my weed smoking squids when I see it's.
Speaker 3: That's a great tony.
Speaker 6: It's what closes out my resume underneath special skills.
Speaker 3: You I've been wondering about this squid. All right, welcome back.
Speaker 7: I'm Jim.
Speaker 2: There's Deb Hello. Jack Ross is here as well. It's true and deb as your news.
Speaker 3: Let's get it.
Speaker 7: It's time for JCS news. Wow, this guy got to put his name on everything.
Speaker 3: It's in my contract ed.
Speaker 7: Here's the news on the Jim Colber Show.
Speaker 5: And JCS News is brought to you by that mortgage guy Don. Months of campaigning for governor, senator, Congress, and local races have all come down to today's primary in Florida, but political scientists doctor Susan McManus expects most registered voters to stay home.
Speaker 8: Primary.
Speaker 3: It's hot, kids are going back to school, vacation time for some.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of reasons why it's hard to inform people.
Speaker 5: A lot she anticipates turn out to be similar or slightly less than the last midterm, which was about twenty six percent.
Speaker 3: She doesn't see interest growing in Florida.
Speaker 5: Politics until after Labor Day and wonders if the overall negativity will affect the November turnout. State elections officials say nearly two million Floridians about one point nine to seven million have already already voted by.
Speaker 3: Mail or during early voting wow.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, the primary election for governor is today, and one Republican candidate has picked his running mate. Lieutenant Governor j Collins announced yesterday that Kevin Guthrie will run with him if Collins wins the nomination. Guthrie heads the Division of Emergency Management, but says he will step down if Collins wins today's primary, not likely. On the Democratic side, David Jolly has already picked Gwen Graham as his running mates.
Speaker 3: All right, The most shocking.
Speaker 5: Story of the day is that the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court, sixty seven year old Mike Caruso, a former legislator, is under arrest for kidnapping, lout or lascivious molestation, and luring or in enticing a child. The governor who appointed him has since suspended him, and he is being tried in Orange County. Former Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Ehrenberg explains why.
Speaker 9: And so there's an inherent conflict of putting someone on trial in the county in which they are one of the leaders of the criminal justice system, and so moving a case like this to Orland, that would be the sensible thing to do.
Speaker 3: Oh the webs, I know, I know, So apparently he has.
Speaker 2: It's just another one of these drag queen's going crazy with her kids.
Speaker 8: I know, I know.
Speaker 5: But apparently he had unsupervised access to the victim, both in Orange County as well as Palm Beach County. He is being held at the Orange County Jail. Caruso is currently running for election to the post. He has no primary opponent in today's election.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 5: Ehrenberg says he's shocked by the arrest and says the Republican Party will have to decide what to do about his name being on the November ballot.
Speaker 3: Mike Caruso's bond hearing is tomorrow. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Lusia County is taking a stand against large scale data centers. The County Commission voted unanimously yesterday to ban the centers and unincorporated areas. Channel Line reports another vote will be needed before the band takes effect. And every time you play the audio from data centers in here, Jimmy, I just keep thinking, oh oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nightmare to live anywhere around.
Speaker 5: Put him in a desert, yeah, I mean because even putting them in rural areas, they found that it disrupts you know, wildlife, domesticated animals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, I don't want my neighborhood sounded like a dentist office. I don't want it to sound like a secret that's in a night stand was left on from last night. I don't want I don't want it to I don't want it to sound like the twenty ten World Cups exactly. We're a comedy.
Speaker 3: Rule of three. Thanks for being patient.
Speaker 5: Florida is scheduled to carry out It's oh God, no, no, thank god, it never turns off. Florida is scheduled to carry out thirteenth execution of the year today as death row inmate William Sylvia is set to receive a lethal injection at Florida State Prison near Start. Sylvia was convicted of murdering his estranged wife in Suminole County in two thousand and six and was sentenced to death in two thousand and nine. Two other executions are planned in the coming weeks, Harold Jean Lucas on September first, and Dan Danell Conahan Junior on September tenth. I don't know, like, are we racing for something. I mean, it's still like a punch card. Do you get so many executions?
Speaker 3: Sounds like there is Maybe there's a secret contest we don't know about.
Speaker 5: Florida's Catholic bishops are urging Governor Ronda Santis to stop Sylvia's execution and commute his sentence to life in prison, saying justice can be served without taking a life.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 5: A Riverview mom is facing charges and I can't understand why after deputies say she allowed her eleven year old child to drive a vehicle to a local gas station. Memories of our childhood, right, oh yeah, my mom.
Speaker 3: And niece and Virginia lands to schlitz the Hillsborough County.
Speaker 5: Hillsborough County Sheriff's office says the child crashed into a concrete traffic barrier at a seven to eleven while trying to park Sunday night. Thankfully, no one was hurt, but the vehicle and the building were damaged. Oh man, I'm sure it's not going to cost a lot.
Speaker 10: Though.
Speaker 5: Deputies arrested forty one year old Caribbean Myers, Yes that's her name, on charges including child abuse and permitting an unauthorized minor to drive, alleging she's a She'd allowed underaged children to drive before despite not having a valid license herself.
Speaker 3: Keep having kids. I came back on the perfect day. This is great. Well, you might get called for jury duty for that.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Bring a book. Nice, thank you? Excuse me, good lord, I've never heard you sneeze like that.
Speaker 5: A new Florida platform called teagan Ai is helping parents of children with disabilities find the perfect school. Difficult enough when your child is quote unquote able right, but one right so. Created by a mother inspired by her son with autism, the site features a quick survey matching students with tailored, private, charter and virtual schools in sixty seconds or less.
Speaker 3: Wow. Really.
Speaker 5: The service is currently free and covers thirty three counties out of Florida sixty seven across Central and South Florida. Meanwhile, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is offering two programs in support.
Speaker 3: Of higher education and career success.
Speaker 5: Project Compass provides personalized support and hands on job Hands on job experience as an alternative.
Speaker 3: You'll be very careful without one. You were not kidding, really, as soon as I heard that one over there, it would be me very very careful with these on.
Speaker 5: If you check the I don't want to make the QBC mistake. Did you see that one?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you check the transcriptive that you'll hear me. How do you spell that? You can hear that? Your husband's listening now going.
Speaker 11: Maybe you got a job for you.
Speaker 3: Finally there's an opening, I think.
Speaker 5: You hands on job experience as an alternative to traditional classrooms. Goodwill scholars offers scholarships to cover tuition, books, and fees for employees. Details are online at Goodwill CFL dot org. They really do have a lot of really great programs though, Like for people who maybe don't wear their business suits anymore they've retired, but they don't want to throw them away. Goodwill has a really good program where people who are going on their first job interview but maybe don't have the clothes school, we'll be able to go into Goodwill and be able to get that outfit that will help them nail that job. Yeah, just another really great resource in central Well.
Speaker 2: We gotta tell you, gotta check the goodwill suits sometimes. I saw a Zegna suit in a goodwill one time. You guys know anything about Zegna. I thought it was a candy bar from the Shakes.
Speaker 3: G I thought so too. I love that. I'm pretty sure it's a slur for an alien.
Speaker 2: Look up suits when you get a chance. So how much I think that one was about twenty five hundred. Whoa, I gotta handmade Italian suits. Yeah, I got a Tommy He'll figure at a good Will once for about fifteen bucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Same here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a really great spot if you have an interview coming up, but you may not have the clothes and shoes in perse and everything else.
Speaker 3: The challenge is there's no changing rooms, right, you're kind of but roll dice. But they also give you but they give you forty eight hours to bringing back. Yeah. Yeah, but it's it's the good will.
Speaker 6: They should understand. If you drop trou out in Aisle four, like you know, I'm trying, I'm trying these things on.
Speaker 5: Well, we had a stretch of rain earlier, but Central Florida is in another dangerous stretch of heat today. The National Weather Service as the heat and decks is expected to reach between one o eight to one hundred and twelve degrees. The National Weather Services Anthony Rainez has tips to stay cool.
Speaker 8: Well you strongly recome, remain in cool places, Definitely avoid being exposed to this song for extended periods of time, and stay hydrated. A lot of water, a lot of liquids because it's going to be a hot one.
Speaker 5: So heat advisory is in effect until eight pm. But the good news is right now it's eighty five and feels like ninety two.
Speaker 3: That is made right.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I walked out two nights ago to my house. I was like, man, it is I need to step outside for a second. Walked out side for a second and uh, I had to creak up my truck, bringing up my truck and was eighty eight degrees at nine nine.
Speaker 3: Oh good feeling right, eighty eight degrees. By the way's the suit's now seventy five. So proud of this suit. I never saw it. I never worried it was too small for me.
Speaker 2: It was just the fact that there was an Italian suit hanging on the on on the racket at a good will for like for sixty bucks.
Speaker 3: Did you buy it? No, it's too small for you though, yeah it would have been. It's still there.
Speaker 6: No, it's a while back. I had a friend's ac dead by the way. Go out this past week. Oh no, yeah, the house down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, he serves no purpose or one trail. That bad boy man. You gotta move. Just put a sign on the door to the mail guy. I'll see you in November. It was it was Nico. Oh no way, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: An hour spacewalk is underway two hundred and fifty miles above Earth outside the International Space Station. NASA astronaut Anil Magnant and European Space Agency astronaut Sophie at Denot, the first French woman to walk in space, are replacing a failed antenna.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know why failed antenna. I don't know.
Speaker 5: The astronauts are replacing a space to ground antenna that NASA uses to transmit data between mission control and the space station, So it sounds like it's a pretty critical piece of equipment. The spacewalk is the second of three NASA is planning. In the month of August, more than two hundred and ninety astronauts from twenty six countries have visited the ISS, with one hundred seventy three from the United States.
Speaker 3: That's according to NASA. All right, I really like this next story.
Speaker 5: A Polk County Sheriff's Office CA nine, injured in the line of duty, is being recognized for his bravery. K nine Ace was awarded a commendation for valor by the Polk County Board of County Commissioners after being shot while assisting deputies earlier this month. You know, Sheriff Gray Judd said that that dog saved three deputies since he took the bullet, he kept the suspect from hitting the other deputies. Unfortunately, Ace did survive multiple gunshot wounds, but lost one of his front legs and has since had to retire from service to recover with his handler. Sheriff's officials say the award recognizes Ace's courage and years of dedicated service to the community.
Speaker 6: So the dog retires, the K nine officer, just the dog, Just the dog, I meant, That's what I meant. But the K nine officer, the handler continues to work the hand. Yeah, so does he get a new dog? And then but did he keep the other dog? Because a lot of times they will keep the dog.
Speaker 3: Right, Yes, he's at home with her. Okay, resting at home.
Speaker 5: And then there's a Wiltsee I believe is the family foundation that not only covered Ace's medical costs, but have also already promised money to purchase a new dog since Ace had to retire.
Speaker 6: Okay, now that Ace is retired, does the K nine officer who now owns Ace?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they get a new partner, a new knine partner.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 3: Where does that dog go that stays with the handler? I believe at home? Yeah, that's that, that's along with Ace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you don't turn I don't think you take that back to the station and have them board it until the next morning.
Speaker 3: I believe that dog lives with you. That is your dog.
Speaker 5: It is different though, because you guys remember we were friends with former Orange County Canine Deputy Robert Ramos, So his canine partner always stayed in the kitchen, so there was no playtime on the couch, toss the toy. That dog was a working dog and he was not a family dog. So The difference may be that Ace is going to have access to the home where the working canine will not, so that they keep that separation between you are now a family pet, you are a working dog.
Speaker 3: Do they train jealousy out of these dogs? Because yeah, it's really.
Speaker 6: Lou Garrick replaces Wally Pip at first base, but then it's like Wallypip goes home, but lou Gereck is now living with them.
Speaker 5: Because Ace is never Hece isn't gonna feel that feeling anymore of putting on that vest and knowing you're going to work.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I like to look at it kind of like a Yoda Luke Skywalker scenario you went with tragedy and baseball in real life.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking, like, he's going to train the young dog, be like this is how you be a hero. Oh yeah, like Danielson Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, karate cake.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 6: Wait, isn't that a bad example? You lost your paw bro. Yeah, you can't do the heat thing. He's not gonna be able to do that one.
Speaker 3: We don't take it, Letteral, it's a training thing. No wax sound wax off for you.
Speaker 5: She's just waiting for us to get done, We're done, okay, seeming woman as a big lottery winner. Holy Naomi Figuererta recently claimed a ten million dollar powerball prize from a drawing held in May. She opted for a one time lump sum payment of nearly five million dollars. The next drawing has an estimated jackpot of forty eight million dollars. And then, finally, the value of NFL franchise continues to surge. Sportico reports the average team is worth nine point three four billion dollars, an increase of more than thirty one percent over last year. It's the largest one year increase in at least a decade. Which NFL team leads the way.
Speaker 3: It's the Cowboys. Yeah, it's Cowboys. It's the Cowboys. You want to take a guess at how much you think they're they're values? The average is nine point three.
Speaker 2: Well, the Lakers just sold for twelve five and it's an NBA team, And I think NBA franchises aren't as valuable as NFL franchises.
Speaker 3: I'll take a guess.
Speaker 2: I'll go seventeen and a half billions. I'm going to say seventeen seventeen and a half billions.
Speaker 3: What I think so you say seventeen, I'll take eighteen. You guys should have gone a little bit lower fifteen and a half billion. Followed by the next team. Yep, who's the next most valuable NFL team?
Speaker 6: Kansas City Chiefs, The Giants say that, No, it's not bad, is it? The Rams? The Rams?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jets, Los Angeles Rams. Then the New York Giants, New England Patriots, and New York Jets. God who brings up the rear with the lowest value at seven point four billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Chargers Jacksonville Jaguars, Jacks is gonna be down there? Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we forgot about anything from Ohio that came with the lowest value.
Speaker 5: Like I said, seven point four billion dollars. But that's still more than all but six teams in the world outside of the NFL.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, So unbelievable. Isn't that crazy? That LA deals kind of wild right now too. You see the trum and that they oh yeah, family fighting going yeah, yeah, I'm like, wait, Kushner bought it, like what part of it?
Speaker 2: But that dude flipped it basically, you remember that other guy bought it just like a year and a half ago, right, I found and barred a bunch of money against it or something.
Speaker 3: Truby I had. I'm like, wait, weren't they just sold? They were just sold?
Speaker 2: And then I think the dude who bought him like borrowed a whole bunch of money against the value of him.
Speaker 3: And there's something weird happening there too, And that concludes your JCS news.
Speaker 2: Four four one text do seven seven Zerry three one back in a second with more of than jim covert show.
Speaker 11: What's up?
Speaker 3: Colder creep Jimbo.
Speaker 4: The guy may have had his initials on the end of the belt. H example, the lady made me a new belt, put my initials on the end ofvi it. She didn't realize I was left handed. I walked around for two weeks with my belt on upside down and didn't realize that that. My daughter said, you got your belft on upside down? I said, how do you put the belt on upside down?
Speaker 3: She said, look at it.
Speaker 4: I looked in the mirror of my initials upside down.
Speaker 3: Don't have a good day? Do you all ride? Then you buddy appreciate that. How does one put it perfectly symmetrical belt on backwards and who's looking down there long enough to even know it is.
Speaker 10: Jimmy.
Speaker 3: Jimmy.
Speaker 13: I do not understand.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 14: You know you're not going to get picked because of your job, and you still go in when you could have just sent an email of saying what your job is and she'll dismiss you of your duties.
Speaker 15: But no, you waste your whole.
Speaker 16: Entire day and all your time and go in.
Speaker 3: The duty is to go do the deal, dude. Logic behind that, man, Well, the.
Speaker 2: Duty is to go do the deal. Buddy, you can't. I mean, look, here's the thing. I'm not going to skate out just because my job. I mean, there's somebody who may take me because of my job.
Speaker 3: I don't know that. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can't assume that you have to do the right thing. The right thing is to go there and sit. It's once a year, you gotta do it. I was hoping to get lucky. I did not get lucky. Not mad about it. It just kind of sucked. Like everybody else, I had to sit there and miss an entire day of work doing nothing, just aacing around the room.
Speaker 3: What does get lucky?
Speaker 2: Mean to you get lucky means getting called early and then and then possibly being dismissed by an attorney after they find out what I do. So not getting called early and getting selected, Yes, that's not lucky to that's what's that.
Speaker 3: That's not lucky.
Speaker 2: Getting pick for a jury is not lucky for any of us because of the way the show runs. It's not lucky for anybody, I'll believe. But it is your civic duty. Although I do think there are a group of people there. We had a lot of retirees there and uh, and they wanted to get picked. The two ladies I was talking to I told you about early wanted to be on it.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be on a jury. Yeah I would.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind it, but I don't want it to disrupt this, especially after just taking a couple of days off just recently.
Speaker 3: He handled it.
Speaker 6: YEA, I know for sure, just go back to that what that talkback said. I agree with his talkback, but I'm pretty sure. I guess I just had jury duty and that wasn't one of the lists on what one of the like that first email that goes, hey, this is what you need to do. Right there are the reasons why you can't make it, and like just job. But once you I feel like you do to show up and explain to it. I don't know if they would accept I'm on a radio station, I'm part of the media. I'm not going to not talk about what I see.
Speaker 2: Yet I wouldn't have even entered into that room to offer that as an excuse. It would have felt Laine doing that, like in a little bit of arrogance. I don't do that, So I would have just been like, well, let's get through the process, and the process gets me out of here.
Speaker 3: It gets me out. If it doesn't, it doesn't.
Speaker 6: I said the World Cup, and I brought up that I'm on a radio station and I am on a podcast, and I'm doing this and I fully plan on talking about everything that I see.
Speaker 3: If they start rolling out podcasters, you'll never see the joke.
Speaker 2: I think five started Ball was just mentioning that welcome back. I'm Jim, deb Jack and Ross are here as well. So I don't know how many people in our audience are actually fans or were fans. I mean, the band itself hasn't been around in its original state for a while, but we got noticed today that the drummer for zz Top, Frank ironically the only one in the band without a beard, has passed away at the age of seventy seven years old.
Speaker 6: We interviewed the now the lone surviving member of the original trio, Billy Gibbons.
Speaker 3: That was a great interview. He was great. He was great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was one of the last concerts I saw in Jersey before I moved down to Florida.
Speaker 3: Is easy Yep.
Speaker 2: Never saw him, and again never, I don't remember ever having like an opportunity to go see'z Easy Top for some reason, or maybe I just didn't feel like doing it. I don't know, but either way, it was funny because Billy Gibbons and it was Frank Beard and Dusty Hill. Dusty Hill died in twenty twenty one. Frank Beard. I was just talking to Debb during the break when we found out he took a break from a tour last year in March twenty twenty or in March of twenty twenty five, but it was because of an ankle and foot issue. Then he comes back and then you read the story and he's surrounded by people at like hospice. He died he was under hospice care. Yeah, so, I mean he went from having a foot an ankle issue just a few months ago, a year ago or so, into being in hospice care and then going I didn't know if there was an unuh an unmentioned illness that he was going through or anything. Yeah, the report I have said he's been in seventy seven years old, but had been in poor health for an extended period of time. Oh really Yeah, yeah, the seventy seven is still pretty young. Yes, it is, especially you know, and again we assume all people who are in entertainment at that level have money. That is definitely not the case. I'm learning that more and more and more these days. But you just assume he would have had pretty good healthcare able to take care of himself. And seventy seven years old, when you have great health care and access to good doctors, is very very young to beath. Yeah, you're talking about the sometimes they don't have money, not saying that's what this case was with Frank Beard. But yeah, bad financial decisions that can happen with with whatever money you have.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could have ten bucks and make a bad money call. R have a million dollars and make a bad money call.
Speaker 2: And I think I think there's a giant misconception in Hollywood that everybody is making twenty million dollars a picture or they make they just give them money. That guy, Matthew Reese, Jack, You and I are big fans. He was, He's the he's the mayor and Widow Bay, Yes, Widow's Bay, which is the he's been in The Americans, yep, right, And he was doing an interview because he's out now with Carrie Russell. They're now a couple, right, They starting The Americans together, right, and they got together there and so they're doing interviews now for another project they have going on, or him doing interviews for that.
Speaker 3: I think it's for Emmy stuff or something in that nature. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And they're a couple, and uh And when they asked him, hey, look, you know what motivates you to get a part or something like that, and that dude looks right in the camera and says, it's money.
Speaker 3: It's money.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 2: I act for a living, like this is what I do. So when a project comes around and it's offering the right dollars, I don't really think about the role that much. My job is to act like it'd be like a guy doing a guy who turns rinches for a living. He goes, look, I only were on Ford's. If Lamborghini offers me a bunch of money, I can't do it because I'm a forward guy.
Speaker 3: So you saw an interview with him, Yeah, does he have an accent? Yeah he's the English guy. Yeah he is, Yeah, he's englishuite. Yeah, yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: Russian pretending to be an American. Ran Show and then Widows Bay. He's a Northeastern mayor, right, you know, from the Northeast.
Speaker 3: So but he's very good. He's just his money.
Speaker 2: And the reason I say that is is I think there's only like, maybe what Roscy fifteen twenty people who actually get that the autonomy of being able to kind of pick those roles and still make giant money. The rest is just people out there working to make a check, no different than anybody else. And I don't even know if it's actors per se. Yeah, you say fifteen twenty, I would say like three. I'll go like Daniel da Lewis, DiCaprio, and I'm sure that there's a third that McConaughey.
Speaker 3: Maybe I don't Frost.
Speaker 2: Can pick his roles or a few guys. I think there are a few women and men that can do that, but for sure, no question, and they're still gonna get plenty of offers. But most people are gonna just take what comes down the road and they're gonna figure out.
Speaker 6: Twenty five years ago, when we interviewed Joe Panneliano on this station, he said he took advice from Jason Robards who said, how there's three ways to pick a movie, and he goes he likes to rotate him you do one for the money, to you do one for the art, and the other one you do for the location. Right is right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Man?
Speaker 2: It was so I don't know that you know just because you're on television a bunch, or just because you're in the in the media bunch, that you necessarily have a whole bunch of money. How did you guys talk about Hayden Panetier yesterday?
Speaker 3: Of course, Uh, not too much, not too much. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It was shocking though, and it's haunting to find out that she has an audio book basically a tell all really recent audio book and book that but she does the voice for the audiobook.
Speaker 3: And she talks about her demons. Yeah, and that just was dropped not that long ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's crazy because she I remember her going through this stuff when she was really young, and then she got married to Klitschkow, the Russian boxer. They had their kid, and then all of a sudden, she didn't see her kid anymore, and she doesn't do anything. She was just appeared like kind of oddly at places, but never really had a role anywhere.
Speaker 3: I believe she gave up custodyer.
Speaker 5: As she did, she suffered from a really bad postpartum depression and eventually had to give up custody of her daughter.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a shame, man.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: One of the thirty died in Greenville, South Carolina. Of all the places for a big Hollywood start to die in an apartment in Greenville, South Carolina.
Speaker 6: One of the quotes from one of the articles that I was reading was saying that in the book she is told from a doctor that if.
Speaker 3: You don't stop drinking, you will die in five years. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: And of course there's another excerpt in the book where she was supposedly put on a yacht as a thirteen year old drugged and stuck into a bedroom with a very famous British rock star that was never mentioned. That was the other conspiracy thing that I already hit about this, that.
Speaker 3: They took her out. Yeah. I don't know that millennial icon.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't want to just tailor to one generation, but for I can speak solely for just being a millennial and.
Speaker 3: What she was for movies? What was the cheerleading movie? Well, heroes, here was the cheerleader. She was the save the cheerleader, Save the cheerleader.
Speaker 6: What was her superpower? It was the like self heel right, I think though self feel ironing?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well the rest in peace. Man, that's a you know, that's a thirty six year old woman. You know, all right? Four seven nine one textas seven seven zero three one.
Speaker 6: What you do?
Speaker 3: That's news.
Speaker 16: Next, here's the million dollar idea you make those data center companies put affordable housing as a second floor on top of the data centers. Granted, probably be really annoying to live there. I get that, but I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who would take a one bedroom apartment for like five hundred dollars a month in the Orlando area. I'm telling you, this is how they're gonna make money.
Speaker 3: I like them. He always thought it was something constructive. Yeah, yeah, he's trying to He's a helper. He is a helper. I like that.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Jim Colper Show right here on Real Radio one of four point one. Thanks so much for tuning in. We appreciate that, as we do every single day. I'm Jim, there's dead.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 3: Jack is with us and so believing yourself. Let's do what you do that's new?
Speaker 4: What you do that?
Speaker 8: What you do that?
Speaker 3: Okay, they need to do I.
Speaker 7: Need that's right.
Speaker 2: Clothsman Law k l a U sime in law dot com offices right there in winter Park four oh seven nine one seven seventeen eighteen car crash called Klosman. We'll talk to Glenn on Thursday for Corbert Court. Until then, we will continue on with what you do That's new. Every Tuesday, one member of the show will choose for something for the others to watch, read or listen to.
Speaker 3: We will do that.
Speaker 2: We will reconvene on that following Tuesday, go over it, and then move on to the next member. It is Jack's turn and then we'll find out what Ross has to offer here in a second Jackson.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So lately I've been watching a little more about EV's and different vehicles available. I've been watching for the new trucks that are coming out, the mid size truck for.
Speaker 3: He has another coming out called the Phantom or something.
Speaker 6: The Phantom, that's the one that's right now at the top of my list. It just passed Slate, which is the one I was watching. But I would do that as well. I like I suppose it was being a startup. I like the fact that it is forward however, but I also been hearing so much about these Chinese evs, and then I've watched a few videos. The one I've found for you guys, it's a short one, it's under five minutes. It was on CBS Sunday morning, but it's talking about where like years ago it was, they just their their government made the initiative said we're going to dominate in the field. They put out the incentives they had back in twenty nineteen. I think there were five hundred different EV manufacturers in China. That's now dwindled down because of attrition. It dwindles down to what the market will bear, and now they're down to about one hundred or one hundred and twenty companies, still a lot, but their biggest one is BYD Build Your Dream, that's their biggest company. But they currently own the Chinese evs are seventy five percent of the world EV market. That's right, seventy five percent.
Speaker 3: Because it's a Norway, Like sixty percent of the vehicles on the road in Norway or electric or in the Scandinavian countries.
Speaker 6: Was it Norway in general? Now, yeah, it was Norway. Half of all new cars in China are fifty percent. Where we have in this state, it's ten percent new vehicles are EV or plug in hybrid.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They could never allow that thing to be sold here. They could never ever allow that thing to be sold here. That's why there's one hundred percent tariff on it.
Speaker 3: And there is. And it was surprising that like people think, oh Trump put a tarrifile, No, it was.
Speaker 2: By the It was Biden to put the terrified because he realized what it would do the auto industry.
Speaker 6: It would decimate our auto industry because for half the price, we'd get twice the.
Speaker 2: Car, right, yeah, because the charging goes from ten percent to seventy percent in just a few minutes to charge. So that thing I had with my Mustang Monkey of taking trips and having it be a complete nightmare. By the way, the two people that were shot at that in the tesla's just a last two weeks ago. I think they were charging their teslas. Remember when when I told you that when you plug those things in, you're a sitting duck. Yeah, you can because the car won't go in to drive, you can't run away, nothing will happen. And that's exactly what happened. He shot him, I believe while they were while they were charging their cars. But this car in the trim of it is beautiful. I mean it's absolutely yeah. And that's one of them. So they have a hopefully they have cars.
Speaker 6: You could get an EV for ten thousand dollars wow in China, but you can't get them here. You can get them in Canada. Yeah, but we have one hundred percent tariff on them.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 6: Actually, I believe the president of the Ford is currently driving a Chinese EV. He really, I think so. I Well, I think that's there. I think they're aspirational, you know, I think it's like, Wow, this is the kind of car we want to build.
Speaker 2: The little Phantom thing they're coming out kind of looks like it's like the size of a Ranger. Yeah, so it's like my little pickup truck, but it's an EVE because the one they have out now, the Maverick is a pickup truck. But man, that bed is useless. I mean you could put like maybe two suit three suitcases back there and that's it.
Speaker 3: Ford Maverick is a hybrid. But Ford so they kind of they took back.
Speaker 6: They no longer making the the Lightning, which is the F one fifty EV, which is basically taking their F one fifty and converting that to electric. Instead, they're starting with the ground up. They got a guy from Tesla in and they built a new program. They have the universal body style for Ford and they're going to use that same frame and have a whole fleet of EV's. Their first dip into this is going to be that truck called the Phantom so which is supposed to come out next year.
Speaker 2: So you can assume there's a small suv coming as well then based on that same frame.
Speaker 6: Prop same size, Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I think that they'll test the waters they'll roll this out and then you know, pivot adjusts, see what they have to do. Yeah, but that's supposed to come out in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Do we have anything that like that? They they would want to tear if so it would ruin their economy. Well, this isn't aby it. I mean, I know it's a fun, little silly question, but I also wouldn't mind the actual answer to it.
Speaker 2: I would tell you, I wonder what the other car companies feel about that, because you know, Toyota imports electric cars into US and they build them here.
Speaker 3: Some Nissan does.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think every other car maker that we know of is able to import a car into the US, and that includes their electric vehicles as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Ford CEO said he chose to test drive a Hiomi I think is how they pronounce, and not a Tesla because the latter quote doesn't have an updated vehicle.
Speaker 2: Oh Tesla does not yet, apparently, said infect it's the other way around. They're taking two models away.
Speaker 5: So he imported it from Shanghai to Chicago. This is Ford's CEO, Jim Farley, so he and his team could study it firsthand. He has openly stated that he's driven it for over six months and quote doesn't want to give it up end quote because he considers it fantastic and wants to intimately understand the competitive threat.
Speaker 2: Is that a bad look for Ford having their CEO drive a Chinese car? I can tell you it's not a great one.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't seem to be the going of a look.
Speaker 10: I can't.
Speaker 6: It makes me want it because we grew up. Made in China was a derogatory term.
Speaker 3: Still is.
Speaker 2: Well it's changing maybe, yeah, but I mean because they're making better cars. Yeah, but I mean that doesn't stop all the other products that are coming out of China, like your TMU products that are junk, trash, painted with poisoned paint stuff.
Speaker 3: You like your iPhone, right, I love my iPhone that was made in China. I'm completely aware, all right.
Speaker 6: So it's not it's not synonymous with junk anymore. They might still have that level of junk. Yeah, but you know what it's synonymous with is everything. It's everything that is being made says right there in China like it's rare when you don't see that.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 6: On the downside, part of the savings you're getting with Chinese ev is also a labor issue, right, yeah, because I mean you're they're paying a dollar a week, a dollar a week.
Speaker 3: I'm being facetious, but we have unions.
Speaker 6: And you know, well paid automakers in our unions, So that is inherent in the in the price, and you will never get that level of car at that price here in the States if they're made in the States.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, I think it's as uh ethics. Yeah, they're assembled in China, India, and Taiwan is the main partner that puts all the pieces together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the iPhone. Yeah. But by the way, it's the Ford Fathom, not Fantom, It's Fathom. Yeah. I can't fathom why they didn't use Ranchera. So that's played. It's the only car.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's pretty mind boggling just to hear that it's the only car manufacturer that we do not basically have like that we push away of going like you know, if this got released, we are done for the Well that's the reason for that. However, there are brands like all in Europe that you don't see.
Speaker 3: For sale here.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but like there, Yeah, there are brands that are made by car makers that make cars for America that you can't see here, Like a Nissan made a thing called the the Skyline. Yeah, it's like you know, that's one of the big race car type things in the Skyline. Even though it's very popular in racing cars. I think it was part of the fast, the Furious, the whole nine yards. Oh yeah, you can't buy that car in America.
Speaker 6: Well, you used to not be able to buy and you still can't really buy that old school what you're you are correct, But I believe just like in the last couple of years, there's like a GTR Skyline Nissan thing, but it's not I don't think it's the same one over there.
Speaker 2: And actually they they they did that with motors at one point where there was only there are certain motors that you couldn't get in here, couldn't get in America. A big high horsepower turbo charge force own remote believe.
Speaker 6: So what's interesting back to Ford F one fifty top selling vehicle in the United States of all vehicles. Number one, that's their big truck. That's the thing you see everywhere on the road, right, I think number two is a Chevy Silverado for all things sold. But on the Ford line, you have the Ranger mid size truck. You have the Maverick, a mid sized truck, smaller bed on the Maverick, but it's also a hybrid. So we have a a guy and which has been surprisingly popular.
Speaker 3: The Maverick. Yes, Ford was surprised at how popular it was.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the price is right, and it's a good little ride in the in the it gets like forty five miles of the gallery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so over forty on the on the hybrid. And you know, we have one texture sending and said that, you know, the bed is perfect, like you might not need to fit a pallet of sod in the bed of your truck.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you just want the availability and the convenience of a truck bed without needing a really wide one with that mid size, smaller truck would work.
Speaker 2: When they rolled that thing out first, my wife had the access to the numbers and she said that urban women were buying them the most at first.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And and it is falling because you know, the Maverick wasn't a truck beforehand.
Speaker 3: It was a car from Ford.
Speaker 6: Well, I remember my sister had one and it was an old one. But I remember when I got the car I have now. I mentioned the Maverick and you said, that's a chick truck. And I said, all right, never mind. It is kind of a chick truck, though, I mean, I'm not anymore.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, plenty of you guys believe me. Yeah, twenty of you guys are driving Mavericks. All right, very nice, all right for you? Drive us a mid size truck.
Speaker 2: Drive my Ranger. Yeah, like the Ford Ranger. I wouldn't. I mean, it's the it's it's great.
Speaker 3: I wants the difference between a literal Maverick and a literal Ranger. Not much, not much. Yeah, you have something worse for next week.
Speaker 6: I do, because we have a new Orland Win, a new Central Floridian that I am really really proud and and special to say. Welcome to the four oh seven. He just moved here a couple of months ago. He is worth tens of millions of dollars. He is younger than me, no way, And it's time for everyone here on the Jim Colbert Show to learn a little bit about La petit Prince. La petite Prince is the person's name that's his nickname, Antoine Griesman. He is a legendary soccer player that just signed for Orlando. I think it's still really important for people to know that there's an absolute French deity that just moved to the four oh seven. And I found this perfect video that Laaliga, the Spanish league themselves, kind of put together to say thank you Antoine and goodbye and you know, for your future endeavors. And it tells you everything about his career. What makes la Petite Prince so special when he goes ahead and puts on an Orlando City jersey.
Speaker 3: So that's the small Prince. That is the small Prince. That's one of his name games.
Speaker 6: And he's also the biggest star on Orlando City and the second biggest star in all of.
Speaker 3: MLSH really, and he is.
Speaker 6: He is super likable, he is humble, He's a superstar. He has overcome so many things. And I can't wait for you guys that maybe find a new reap, a new appreciation for a new Orlando chapter in sports history.
Speaker 2: All right, well check it out. We'll put that at Jim coopertlive dot com. You can see it right there in the master list for What'd you do?
Speaker 3: That's new? All right, let's ta a little break back in a second with more than Jim Corbrat, Show.
Speaker 17: Jim Bob, and show what's up. I'm thirty four years old. I've gotten called to Jerseyty six times.
Speaker 7: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: The first time it happened to me, I was eighteen years old and.
Speaker 17: It was during the Trayvon Martin incident and Cemral County House was a madhouse. Anyways, the last time I got out of it, I told my boss was out of town and I was holding the helm and they just told me that you kick rock.
Speaker 3: Take rocks.
Speaker 15: What's good?
Speaker 18: COVID a company concrete Mike. Two quick things. I've all my whole life been right handed. I am ambidextrious, but I've always fed my belt in from the right side belt loop.
Speaker 3: And yeah, jerry duty thing.
Speaker 18: My mom got pulled for jerry duty while she was sewing an induced coma for a brain surgery.
Speaker 3: I had to do with the mayor of Dixie County.
Speaker 18: Up there in the city where she lived and get her exonerated from any more Jerry duty.
Speaker 19: Men and women's buttons on their shirts are different because traditionally men dressed themselves where women had servants who would dress them, so the servant's right hand would be on the other side.
Speaker 7: The guy with the belt could have been ambidextrious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could just be a comfort thing or where he likes to wear his phone, anything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the gentleman earlier asked me how I could pay attention to that.
Speaker 9: Much.
Speaker 2: With the airport, when you're going through the metal detector, you have that table that you have to take that little basket over to kind of put yourself back together. And if you're putting on a belt, I mean it's I was a foot from the dude. You know, you just kind of notice, you know, That's how I found out, all right? For seven one text seven to seven zero three one. Jim, deb Jack and Ross are here as well. Did you guys talk yesterday about the the food thing in LA that's happening? No, have you heard about that conversation? More focus on your ass yesterday. I was your mass topic.
Speaker 3: I've got you were going to ask, No, what happened yesterday with my butt? I hate you Jack, well, just like you.
Speaker 6: Are trying to defend why you were looking at another man dressing. Yeah, early in the morning in your hotel. I don't have to defend that. It's fine.
Speaker 3: Ross was talking about you're in the back side. Yeah, you're the only one on the show with a decent butt.
Speaker 6: How would that ever come up? No, we should talk about what you were about to bring. No, no, I mean I were about to bring something.
Speaker 3: No, No, I did not. That is not the truth.
Speaker 2: I simply asked if you guys talked about it, That doesn't mean I'm gonna bring it up. I just asked if you talked about it. We did not talk about any LA foods. Yeah, but what's what's going on with the butt thing? I want to say, it's like Theresa Taco's mainly right now out in LA. I think it's a lot of food. It's no, no, no, no, it's this warehouse that burned and it was full.
Speaker 3: It was a cooler.
Speaker 2: It was basically a giant cool refrigerated warehouse. Yeah, and it burned and all the food is rotting and people can smell it and the stench is supposed to be overwhelming.
Speaker 6: Anyway, about my aunt, all right, I just I how did this come up? That brought up that she has no ass and I believe she referred to it at what was it again?
Speaker 3: No acetol?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Can I ask a question? Can I ask a question?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: What is considered a big ass or a good ass? Because here's the thing you're asking me wide but not protrude.
Speaker 3: Does that not count? Does it stop rain drops? Because unlike all right, in other words, do the does the bottom of your booty it went.
Speaker 5: If if if a rain drop is gonna hit my shoulder blades, there is nothing to stop it from from.
Speaker 3: Just going straight down, straight to my ank. Yeah. Yeah, for me, you do not have a bulbous booty.
Speaker 7: I do not.
Speaker 3: For me, my brother got the bulbous booty.
Speaker 6: And for me, how I define a nice butt or a big butt is just kind of like what the federal government considered pornography back in the day.
Speaker 3: You know, you know when you see it? Yeah, I mean so, I guess he's been checking you out.
Speaker 2: You say you have no ask jack, You say you have no ask no. Now does your wife comment on that as well, about not having a butt, about me.
Speaker 3: Not having one? Yeah, yeah, because she gets to see it, because.
Speaker 15: Right right right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so I would think it's kind of like two balloons that have been forgotten about.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you, Ron, can ask you a question that've kind of lost the air over a long period of time. Let me ask you a question, not saggy, saggy, what is a good butt?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 2: Can you can you point a mail out that has a butt that that is a butt. But your husband, he seems fond of yours. Your husband has a good bud.
Speaker 3: My husband has a beautiful bud.
Speaker 5: Okay, I see, I've never noticed that lives off the bottom. It's like, oh, it's like two little puppies a blanket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've never I've never seen husband's pooper. I've never looked at it.
Speaker 6: I've never But what I was getting at is that dead no ass jack, no ass, myself, no ass.
Speaker 5: Th three of us put together would create one butt cheek. But my wife says my asses that I don't have an ass.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we are far less ass than you, literally, not figuratively speaking in that sense, in that realm.
Speaker 3: You got his beat. How long did this segment last? Pretty much the whole show.
Speaker 6: It wouldn't go away. Time we tried, Ross would bring it up again. No, it was actually you playing talkbacks. So there were a lot of talkbacks about my butt on the show yesterday.
Speaker 5: There was even one where someone was backing up a dump truck and said it was you coming into the room.
Speaker 3: It's so one.
Speaker 6: I guess a garbage guy is listening and goes, oh, I'm gonna over commit to this bit that tells his friend to back up a truck as he calls you over, referring to you and your dump trucks.
Speaker 3: Someone else said you had a Badonka dunk country ass.
Speaker 2: I've never been told that that. I haven't that I haven't asked. As I'm telling you, my wife thinks I do not have a butt and just a colorfight. You're still being told that I am not saying that you haven't asked. Good ass said, I'm not saying that.
Speaker 6: I'm saying you have more of an ass than three basically terminally ill ass.
Speaker 2: Does your wife say that you haven't asked? We don't anybody's wives comment on their ass.
Speaker 6: We don't even talk about my ass. That's how small and just indifferent in minute it is. It doesn't do anything, doesn't move any needles northward, It doesn't even have a needle. It just doesn't exist. Yeah, you do have like just a long back. It's back with a crack in the bottom of it. Yeah, long back, it's not good.
Speaker 3: And then you have really gigantic thighs, which is even a weirder.
Speaker 6: Look, well, it also makes every The perspectives that I get is like, great, everything is small.
Speaker 3: And this went on all day, all day long.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You guys tried to get out of it.
Speaker 6: No yeah, yeah, which ended and he kept bringing it up the whole down, the entire walk home, the elevator down.
Speaker 15: But I.
Speaker 6: Definitely don't. That's all rumors. Those are all rumors, fallacies. This is all hot gossips. Something from the program director. Is any of this HR safe? I mean, is any of this stuff good?
Speaker 3: Are we well? I mean considering the HR guy was in on it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, stop talking about it. What I'm trying to say is that we won't stop them. We have a bunch of two's.
Speaker 3: You have like a four. I have a four out of five out of ten, okay, good god, so combined we're a ten. All right, very good.
Speaker 6: That was quick man, Yeah, thank you. I had no idea that that could be an entire thing. Well it I was just and then someone brought up your silhouette. That was me, I brought up your silhouette silhouette, about your naked silhouette.
Speaker 3: Why would you talk about my naked bring up naked silver? Going on makes it so much worse. I didn't say anything about you, rude, I didn't. God, no, you want me to make fun of you again? No, okay, man, that's how you flirt, No floor exactly how you flirt, You make fun of people. I didn't say, sound a little elementary school. You pull the girl's hair, pull my ponytail? Is that what you're doing? All I said? Are you flicking my bozo? We can't have.
Speaker 6: We have rock bottom butts between us three and I think you just have like a bottom butt. Yeah, I don't think. I think there are far worse butts than yours. Okay, but there's way better ones. I should have started off with that. Yeah, yeah, who is better?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: I mean apparently you have a you have a rowing So what guy in this building has a better?
Speaker 8: Dude?
Speaker 3: I don't know. No, it's not a Holmes. No, I'm not Angel. This is it would be Angel.
Speaker 7: It would be Angel.
Speaker 3: Is that the safest guy to say that about?
Speaker 6: Well, he's just I mean that guy though, Well, yeah, he's tall enough that I'm like, wherever he walks, he's squatting.
Speaker 2: You can definitely see it. It's in your face all the time when you're six ten thousand.
Speaker 6: I just all I was saying is that we have no butts. You have more of a butt than us who have zero but Well, I'm actually kind of proud of that.
Speaker 3: I did not know that I had that.
Speaker 2: My wife has told me for years, I don't have that much of a booty, which I'm pretty happy now, So I agree.
Speaker 3: With that assessment that you do not have that much of a butt. Yeah, what are you doing laterbody?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: No, what do you mean?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, I'm you're attracted to me? You keep keep money on me? What's going on? I thought you're married. Why didn't you invite them out tonight?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you for drinks? Are you going to the thing tonight? I'm going to the thing tonight, to the thing. I'm going to the thing. Oh no, I'm doing the thing. Everyone's going to bring it up.
Speaker 2: I guess the Orlando Have you guys talked about that at all? The Orlando Weekly Awards?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Best of Awards party is tonight. They'll reveal the winners and then tomorrow they'll be revealed online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we had a heads up. Can we say that?
Speaker 9: What do you know?
Speaker 3: I don't know anything anything. I mean you have had I know nothing. What did you just say? I said, do we did we get a heads up? And what's going on?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's cool.
Speaker 11: Don't check the tape.
Speaker 3: If we don't win, I'm gonna be pissed now that he just did that. Well, we did get an email, right, well, no, the email was saying do you want to go?
Speaker 2: And also said there you know, here's what There may be some people from these entities that have something.
Speaker 3: Headed their way. Yeah, but you can be in the top three. Yeah that's fine. Yeah, yeah, yeah that means nothing to me. Yeah, oh nothing number one never want or nothing. That's it? Is there free drinks at this thing?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: For you?
Speaker 3: Free drinks for you, food for you? All right now? No, now, all right? But will be there? All right? How are you dressing? You just weren't that?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, you didn't bring anything else to change into. No, I'm representing the radio station.
Speaker 9: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: Are you showing up? Shirt tucked in?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're going to tuck your shirt into your jeans.
Speaker 6: It's tucked in right now. It looks slow.
Speaker 3: If I don't, I can't believe it. People are going to think that the h o A showed up. That's what They're gonna think that their hoa showed up. Yeah, boy, you have no ass. That belt's working hard? God damn. How do your pants stay on though? What the belt your ass goes under?
Speaker 9: This is how?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have no ass? Sitting hurts? Are you are just? It's just bone on bone? Are you up for a Comedian of the Year again?
Speaker 15: Is that what?
Speaker 3: Your only his favorite comedian? I am nominated for that? What else? That's it? That's it what I've never been nominated for anything else not part of the show. I mean, I don't know. When it says Jim Colbert shows nominated, I get excited for that as well.
Speaker 7: W On.
Speaker 3: That is nominated for Best Radio Boys. That is the one thing that needs to hap.
Speaker 2: You don't think you'll win that? Like, that's I mean, we pushed hard for that one. I hope will you win that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say anything because that email, I man, yeah, yeah, yeah, Now I gotta go read that email. I didn't know. Oh that's rich Jim telling Jack to read an email.
Speaker 6: I got to the point where it says, go to this person if you want tickets. I'm like, I want tickets.
Speaker 3: There you That's what I do.
Speaker 2: Now, Welcome to my world, except that everything below what I read super important, super important.
Speaker 3: I'm excited, though, to have a couple of drinks with you.
Speaker 7: Gain you.
Speaker 3: I've never been to this thing.
Speaker 2: I actually called fayaz our text Fias yesterday and asked him if he was going, because he's in town, and of course he is an employee.
Speaker 3: They're landed weekly. But I don't know if he said he was going or not. He said he said he wasn't sure. That email says nothing. It does, Buddy, It says it literally says it right there, black and white.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, man, it does not say anything. I'm reading what it says, but it doesn't say what I wanted to. What if somebody else said something?
Speaker 9: Give me?
Speaker 2: What if somebody else said something? What if I had a connection you don't have, Jack, Oh, and those people said something that was a let's say people got ahold of this stuff beforehand.
Speaker 3: This is not good for anyone.
Speaker 6: No, it's not because what you're doing is revealing that you really did make a mistake by saying.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't say that. I'm just saying what if I didn't say that, I don't say anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I'm not doing anything.
Speaker 2: I'm lording to this party night and I'm really hoping we win. You're too slippery, I'm not What do you mean I'm too slippery slipping?
Speaker 3: I'm not slipping. Have you drank today?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: Oh not?
Speaker 3: Have I wanted to though? I get in here.
Speaker 2: Jacket is a twelve pack of Stella for me, and I almost cracked one when I walked in warm And by the way, this thing with this sugar, let me tell you something, guys, man, this this sugar thing is brutal. It's us brutal when you're trying to cut these empty sugar calories out of your diet and you know, trying to make your life better so you can be around for a while.
Speaker 3: I will tell you.
Speaker 2: Look, I've quit a number of things in my life, and this one is really difficult. I I really I crave a soda every day of my life. I wake up craving a soda. It is It is a real deal. No, joke addiction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if a smartphone, social media, or sugar has a stronger hold on people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it is serious, it's legit and when as you cut it out, you're gonna lose weight. Do you have any concern about what that loss of weight will.
Speaker 3: Do to your ass?
Speaker 6: I do, well, I know what it does with the other other is gonna get a laugh and now it just sucks when it doesn't.
Speaker 3: I gave in.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 2: One of the other things you talk about when you talk about losing weight is if you're a guy and you lose weight, things look bigger in the mirror.
Speaker 3: You feel me all right, But you're not a n's an areo?
Speaker 10: Are you?
Speaker 15: What mean?
Speaker 3: You get a little when you.
Speaker 5: Get Apparently for every ten minute or ten pounds you lose, you gain half a No I.
Speaker 3: Heard a full really a full inch?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well you have fupa that grows around there. You'll be able to see it one day again. Yeah, yeah, I need to get fat there.
Speaker 2: Well, when you when we go to break, go to the bathroom and pull your pants down, all right, and then push around that area that's right there. You feel like gushy, that gushy was gone. You know how much more would be there? Push the gushie to find out exactly where you are. I yes, I have, So you have the gush, right, you have the front gush. I have pushed back and smend like all right, push what I got an attic?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you push it back.
Speaker 2: I mean you know, you know, all of a sudden, you know you hear some music playing in the background because you're like, guy, push the gush all right four seven nine four one text us at seven seven zero three seest segments we've ever done back in a.
Speaker 12: Second, Jimmy, yesterday while you were a jury duty. Yeah, Dev and the gang put on a gangbuster show. It was hilarious.
Speaker 3: They always do. I'm telling you what, they really did a great job.
Speaker 12: Jack and Ross and deb pulled it together like troopers, and I just wanted to share that with you.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 3: I'm about to crack oat in this ice cold petch here. This guy does it every single time.
Speaker 7: You know, guys, what I.
Speaker 20: Notice here is every Tesla charging area in the West Palm Beach area where I live.
Speaker 3: They're all in sketchy areas.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I wouldn't want to be sitting there with my car for two or three hours in these areas.
Speaker 3: They got these Tesla chargers very sketchy.
Speaker 13: So Jack, you're comment about Ohio how everything sucks there, You're almost one hundred percent right. Only ninety eight percent of everything from Ohio sucks. The other two percent consists of about a month and a half where it's a beautiful summer. And their Italian food and specifically pizza. That survey yesterday about pizza is spot on. The best pizza in the country comes from northeastern Ohio, where it was settled by a bunch of Greeks and Italians.
Speaker 3: And hot take New York Pizza's discussed Oho. It's weird.
Speaker 2: I remember reading that just recently. Did you guys have a story about pizza in America or something like that?
Speaker 5: We did yet yesterday because the governor had weighed in. Apparently they he was asked his thoughts on pizza, what was the best pizza in the country.
Speaker 3: Guess what he said? Justsanta said this.
Speaker 5: Disantas said this. You'll never guess it because I mean New Haven, oh Okay, Connecticut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said that.
Speaker 5: He said New England had the best pizza, Chicago the best outside of the Northeast right, And so we started the count and then one woman said she's had pizza in forty nine of the fifty states and thought the best pizza came out of Ohio.
Speaker 3: No way, really. Yeah, and some other people have backed that up as well. I've heard the New Haven thing, that there's a spot there, but I just what. No, I'm living because Jack didn't believe me.
Speaker 10: I heard.
Speaker 3: I've heard about this New England New Haven.
Speaker 2: I have heard that, But the Ohio thing I just read about recently, But I had no idea there's a lot of Italian immigrants in that area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did not realize that. I'm addicted to pizza right now.
Speaker 2: So what what what is that for us here in Orlando? What what immigrant food would be? The best that would be for us in here in Orlando area? Is the all the great Spanish food we have here?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I I The first thing that jumps out to me is like Tino's Bakery. Yeah, that's like I want to say, It's a Puerto Rican bakery and just being able to walk in and I don't know, it's it's such a different experience and all the food is really really good.
Speaker 3: It's also your.
Speaker 6: Standard bakery but all these awesome Spanish like baked treats.
Speaker 5: But we had a lot of really good kind of Now we have a lot more Indian restaurants, will have.
Speaker 3: Lots of good Cuban restaurants in the city dishes, you know, Vietnamese Filipino dishes, and there it is. I think you just nailed it. I think it's a little Vietnam.
Speaker 2: So let me ask I would I would maybe agree with I would maybe agree with that. I think the the Vietnamese cruise around central Florida, because you got remember that thing started in Pine Hills. You know, that Vietnamese thing started in kind of Pine Hills and in Mills fifty area and has been growing forever. But the Haitian and Jamaican food movement definitely started in Pine Hills because I was living there in the mid eighties and we had we had more Caribbean based food places than anywhere else in Orlando. No, I mean, because I would spend weekends because I didn't know anybody, just driving around and learning the city, so I knew where I was going and I would see and we had way more I mean, really good jerk food, good Caribbean food all over Pine Hills for years. I haven't been up there in a while, so I don't know anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would go with that Little Saigon. Yeah, I would say that is it? What is that part of town?
Speaker 8: Call?
Speaker 3: I think you're right. Is it Little Vietnam? I think it's Sigon, isn't it? Or Saigon the name of the restaurant.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, well there is a Little Saigon the restaurant there. But I've always heard that area referred to as Little Sydo. Yeah, because that was like the anchor restaurant in that area, and then you had Vietnamese grocers move in, and you had some other stores that moved in.
Speaker 3: It was kind of the area.
Speaker 5: If you wanted real, authentic Vietnamese food, you went to the Mills fifty district.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good. I was just there yesterday, got some food. Yeah. We don't have that cowboy curry. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We don't have enough Greek food in Orlando if you asked me, there's not enough Mediterranean offerings in the city in my opinion, and there isn't enough fast Mediterranean food around anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah they used Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it, man. I love everything about that place. Olea, that tour that deb and I used to go to all the time What Heart for lunch. I mean, they went out of business, and again it sucks because you're right, it doesn't hit. It's just like Cajun food. People hear Cajun food, they think automatically it's spicy, and it's not.
Speaker 3: It really is not.
Speaker 2: There are only a few of the dishes that had that kind of spice. It is a spiced food, but it isn't spicy, but nobody tries it because they're terrified of it.
Speaker 3: And I think Greek food kind of hits that same thing because it smells funny. It's like having a nine year old just give them a crustable. Why does the cheese crumb like that? I don't like the cheese. You know, it's the healthiest cheese. It is the healthiest that food. Really, that is like the only cheese that could make an argument that it's healthy.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it is good. I mean, you know, all that food is great. I mean it makes you eat things that you need, you know, olives, pickled foods, onions, tomatoes. I'm American, I'll eat American cheese. Oh my god, that's not even cheese, dude, you god it's literally covered colored vegetable oil flavored. You couldn't get farther from cheese American.
Speaker 3: Let's go. I just had a mangobonaro pizza, A mango hobbonaro pizza. Yeah, dude, that's how much weed ice smell. What's the protein on it? No, dude, I don't know the manga. There's no protein on it. Chi no, no, the mango is not a protein. Dog that's the fruit. Yeah, there's no protein. Just cheese. Cheese was the protein. That's right.
Speaker 6: That's where you got your little bing get that got it from Black Magic Pizza and it comes with a a mucho mango Arizona iced.
Speaker 3: Tea with the pizza.
Speaker 6: There is a new Greek place at the place that used to be outpost in Maitland there.
Speaker 3: Right there is.
Speaker 2: I haven't been over there yet and there, But the thing is, it's like it's all sitting down, like I can't pop in. Like I can pop in and get Mexican, I can pop in and get Chinese food, I can pop in and get play.
Speaker 3: You can't pop in and get Greek food anywhere. What was really popping in?
Speaker 2: I was so cool like a cabby, right you have right, Yeah, yeah, that's that's exactly what we want. But we want it with like the cool stuff that you get with a Mediterranean food, fed up, black olives, red onions, good lettuce.
Speaker 6: Bad breash, and yeah, I mean Greek food. Yes, super hells.
Speaker 3: No, that doesn't smell.
Speaker 6: What are you talking about after eating it? I'm just talking about onions, That's all I'm saying. That's not a hot take or a cold take. That's just real life.
Speaker 3: I do like onion. I is this how you like when we talk? Is this how you look at me? That's how I look at all three.
Speaker 6: Good though, the good old American nine years old? So do you like the stegosaurus or the t rex more? And when you get your nuggets, Jimmy, that's a fair question. Is a fair question, guy, don't I don't do nuggets whichever nuggie.
Speaker 3: It is just no salt.
Speaker 2: We don't want any flavor. Drummies bone in h yeah yeah what yeah, drummies baby all right? Four oh seven ninetie four one. You can always text us at seven seven zero three one back a one.
Speaker 22: Second, jim, But I understand you can kidnap from Jerry Doddy I'll just make plans to key guys up again once I'm over there the next time and bride little behind on the show. But I have a friend with a nineteen ninety five Nissan Skyline beautiful pearl white, absolutely tricked out in large turbos.
Speaker 3: I mean, this thing is amazing.
Speaker 22: And yes he did pay a little important did he to get it? But it's here.
Speaker 6: Aloha Jimmy Micano's Greek Food upon Ricailo Springs Road.
Speaker 8: He has amazing food.
Speaker 11: It's on your way home.
Speaker 7: You should try it. Put up, guys, sport from Doual.
Speaker 23: Listen.
Speaker 11: I listen to the station all day, all day.
Speaker 3: I listened to it. You guys, you'll have these weird conversations in the world pushed together.
Speaker 11: It's so funny. Dude, there man, we're talking about asses. We're talking Jim's ass. Rickard Hey, Ross is right, he does not have an ass.
Speaker 3: I've met Ross probably three times. Ross looks like a cat standing un That's what looks like like a frog? That's Ross.
Speaker 7: Are you feeling lost?
Speaker 8: Push the Gushie.
Speaker 3: Pushed the gush All right, Welcome back to the Jim Cover Show. Roll Radio one oh.
Speaker 2: Four point one A sleep deprived version. I love the Jim Kober Show.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim.
Speaker 2: There's death Hello Jack Yo and Ross as well getting a red button from a sport mode.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, all right, m you're white. You say your wife never mentions the lack of what of sleep of your booty?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: She never brings it up.
Speaker 2: She has never once brought up the lack of So let me ask you a question real quick. Miles is now going on a couple of years old.
Speaker 6: He's about to be two next month, on the eleven, about to be tool right, not going to spoon feed the date?
Speaker 3: How have you? Guys?
Speaker 2: The reason I'm bringing this up this is a conversation being had uh as part of a Yahoo story about young people and AI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just do you have a plan uh for how to talk to him about you know, how to use certain things? Because I mean, I'll give you, guys one guess what uh what school kids in the middle school ages are doing with their AI cheating?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 2: Oh no, picking up chicks man. No, it's also not picking up chicks man. In guesse, you were wondering, Debb. I don't know if you uh.
Speaker 3: Like maybe having it right their own like fantasies.
Speaker 2: This is illustrated. This man absolutely illustrating what this story is talking about. I mean, you have a child that's coming there. I've got a grandkid, he's a son. Yeah, he's gonna be you know, he'll be five six seven years old in no time, about five six.
Speaker 3: Seven years My kid, your grandkid, Like they're gonna be homies smoking blos. They're not gonna be doing that, dude. Okay, sorry, I let be doing that. My kid won't be either. I will have long rated that box. But no, that's not the case at all. It says when you know, when they go in there and they have percentages here sixty, I'll say. Unsurprisingly, the study found that seventy percent of teens use it for this as well.
Speaker 6: A conversation friend, it's so crazy that you guys are it's deep nude fakes.
Speaker 3: Guys. Oh well, I was.
Speaker 2: Kids in elementary school and in middle school are using their phones to turn classmates into nudes. Like that's what they're doing. I mean, and yes, they probably right exactly what he's fighting for U. But that's exactly what's happening. I mean, I can assume cheating is an automatic. I can assume all the other things are right. But what's happening is is this entire story is that parents are going to have to kind of wise up real quick and start having like that that birds and Bees conversation about AI.
Speaker 3: Because so many people in school are doing it.
Speaker 2: It's inevitable that one of their friends they're going to run into is going to show them a picture of a classmate that's been newified by by AI.
Speaker 6: Who's going to explain to the parents about AI? Right, their kids? But they mentioned that AI and the very story about use AI.
Speaker 2: Christ It says that we're way behind as a society, you know, catching up on explaining to our kids how to use this tool bothfully.
Speaker 3: Texas says that's what we get for banning porn hub, all.
Speaker 2: Right, but it says researchers and uh it says they've worn before intimate or intimate images of a person up online. It can make a hard for them to date, get a job, puts them a greater risk of sexual assault, depression, in suicide. This is what are parents doing? Is his first yet to talk to your kid about whether you should never create or engage with this kind of stuff so that they can kind of get into it. I just kind of found that on that that was the case. Like I would have thought the same thing you guys. I would have thought, like, hey, it's becoming friends. We talked about that last week when they shut it down in China because because like it's becoming too much, like people aren't creating their own relationships.
Speaker 6: I know it is a We've never had competition. Humanity has never had competition. There's a whole new reckoning of just society when it comes to this new digital I never heard of the world.
Speaker 3: You gotta tell you, I've never heard it. Frame like that. That's a really brilliant way to say that.
Speaker 2: As people, we've never had to compete with anything else to replace us as a conversation piece, as a shoulder, lean on, as.
Speaker 3: A mentor, as a lad.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Everything. Art has never had competition when it comes to another to team making it that.
Speaker 2: You think that that could do it good enough where you would look at it and consider that maybe art itself.
Speaker 3: And you know, this goes back.
Speaker 6: I know it's such a silly song and it and it's not I'm not saying it's the best song ever it's catchy. I definitely danced to it with my son a handful of times. But that song that topped that it was on the charts.
Speaker 3: I think it finished like fifty eighth or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was totally AI, the artist whose name is behind it, came out and said, yeah, I didn't say I never used AI.
Speaker 3: Is that the same artist that his record got a zero point zero rating?
Speaker 6: No, but that is the same like genre and same gimmick that was used for that song that didn't work, And now that guy's way more famous because of it. I don't think it's gonna last if he can't ever do the song live because Million Vanilly was famous. Yeah, but people don't care. If Milli Vanilli happened right now, the world would not care. Oh you don't think I really, I don't think so. I think there's apathy on every coure corner of every controversy because everyone's exhausted because we wrap up at the end of the day by going, well, what am I going to do about it?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 2: You don't think that, Okay, I'll I mean, I'll push back on this. I mean they, you know, they we just saw Hollywood freak out about Tilly Wood, Like, we just saw that happen. We just saw them create a fake actress and try to injector it and Hollywood lost its gd mind over it. I would think that Millie Vanilli would be looked at even worse than it was back in the nineties.
Speaker 6: No, because that's a human lipstake, and as opposed to AI. And I think AI is the big demon right now. It's a lie either way, right true? Oh yeah, I'm not arguing that. But the you know, yesterday we had a story about University of Michigan going to a past foul scenario for freshmen, not letter grades, just to reduce the stress. And we were talking about and that turned into who's under more stress? Our kids today under more stress than they were when we were growing up. You know, we had to call old war and whatever other existential threat we thought we would be facing, you know, in our teen years aids.
Speaker 3: But another one. I mean I could name ten of them.
Speaker 6: But now think about college kids, kids going to college or even in high school seeing the growth of artificial intelligence taking their job. You know, so you're going to graduate with more debt pay isn't one at you sue? Things are more expensive, you can't afford a house, and you don't know what your future is being limited, how much is being limited because of artificial intelligence.
Speaker 3: I think it's way more stressful that my son had.
Speaker 2: To switch his degree two years into it because he found out that the number one job that would be replaced by aios radiography, Yeah, yeah, reading X race it would be the number one thing. The number one first job to be replaced in a hospital in a medical setting would be that job. So he switched screens and now was going in the business.
Speaker 6: So to answer your original question of how am I gonna go about this, I'm literally going to teach my son. I thought about it with the intention of letting I have to make sure that he has to know at all times what is real and what is not amazing, because you have to be in twenty twenty six, the Pandora's box is open. You can't just watch something and go damn, that was good. You have to watch something, decide if you like it or not, and then do research and figure out what you just watched.
Speaker 3: Once.
Speaker 6: There's a thing that pisses me off so much. Right now, Jim, there's this beautiful handcrafted cardboard sitcom and act outs that are happening right now on this Instagram page. That blew up and everyone loved it because you could see the really hard work that it took to make these cardboard illustrations and it's ai. It was not real, and it was charming because it fooled the audience that whoever made this put in the amount of hours.
Speaker 3: Do you believe that at any point we'll just kind of give up the ghosts and say, well, this is just what it is now?
Speaker 6: When that song charted and people and it still played in a club, that was my terminator to moment. I think when it comes to art and technology, this has.
Speaker 2: Already happened in the music business, and jobs have already been lost in the music business because of pro tools, right yeah, and Sona pro tools, I mean, but tools.
Speaker 6: I want people to use pro tools because at least you'll be using different tracks, but so nos is. But my point was, even with just pro tools is that would have wiped out three studio jobs right there, That would have just wiped it out. Knowing how to mit something, knowing how to engineer something. It all happened inside the software. So basically you needed somebody that just knew how to run the software properly, and then you could record an entire album in a bedroom, not saying you couldn't do it before, but with the equipment, it took the tape and spin it down, re record it and add effects. All of that is a push of a button. Now, so we've already seen an industry just completely get wiped out by it. And it's not even AI. This is just software for recording.
Speaker 2: The garage band is free and you can download it and literally recording an entire album on it. But like when it comes to pro tools, is that the very few times that I've interacted with music producers and they I've had conversations with them, they are as meticulous as probably any artist in their profession. I've never heard someone like Fritz right, Yeah, he's not just hitting a button on pro tools. He is that didn't work, plug that back in, put it back in, take it out, shape molding. You know, like music producers. You've seen that kid, right, You've seen that kid, he's like eight or nine years old. He does this, I mean that type of thing right where he just kind of understands what the machine does and he knows how to manipulate it to get the sound he ones.
Speaker 6: And even then, when I see a kid who's excelled at technology, I'm like, hell, yeah, let's ry. What's scary is what's happening, which is we're taking the kid out of that scenario.
Speaker 3: There is no human ishness to it. There's no I like, I just continue that on.
Speaker 6: It made something, Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's It is a weird time for creativity that I don't think humans have ever faced before.
Speaker 2: I would agree one hundred percent, dude, And I agree a matter of fact, when Jack, when I when I picked that thing for what you do? That's new a couple of weeks ago, and Jack just hit me with that AI slot thing, Like, I had no idea it was a video put together to talk about two things. I had no clue it was AI. I didn't pay attention to it enough because I was paying any attention to the information coming out of it.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't think about that at all.
Speaker 6: And I am seeing so much more of it and I'm watching and I'm I like, today, my wife, I'm like, that person's AI, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Because I see it more.
Speaker 6: There's an ad running right now talking like on on a fire TV talking about uh what television show? The soccer one ted ted Lasso Lasso, thank you, and it's just I'm like, wait a second. No, it was talking about Severance and I love that show. So I'm watching and I'm like, I don't think that person's real. Yeah, yeah, I don't think that person's real. And it's I seeing more and more on social media. There's something a little too perfect about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it's the lighting of those way and we didn't have a problem.
Speaker 6: And I wouldn't have a problem with that still if I watched the show and I went that guy isn't real for me, I'm not jumping straight to the bridge of AI, because that could be someone's hard month of work of meticulous putting and cgi and shading and shadowing and masking, and that's an entire career.
Speaker 3: So like, but that's the thing the tooth bases out. This is the world of subjectivity.
Speaker 6: I use AI when I need to schedule something or try to like I I'll try to reword something or just it's like a super Google where I go, give me the top ten most financially productive movies.
Speaker 3: Dude, my wife, that's ethically Okay, I think, I don't know. She used AI to develop our landscaping, and she also used AI to develop this room that we're gonna wind up changing eventually.
Speaker 2: It's a closet thing, so she's using it across it and it just kills it when it just kills it. And it's so easy to use, and it works every single time. You just pop in the dimensions. What color do you want?
Speaker 6: Off?
Speaker 10: You hit?
Speaker 3: Just hit send and off.
Speaker 2: Next thing you know, you have something that would have cost you one thousand dollars from somebody to draw that.
Speaker 6: Uh, And I know that because I paid it. We got a text that says, why why does it have to be real? And I would answer, it doesn't anymore. And that's the problem.
Speaker 2: That was My question is like, when are you gonna get to the point where you just don't care anymore? All you care is as about what the content is. You don't really care who or what is providing it. Maybe it's when you're standing on the soup line, is when you care?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Maybe?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: For me, I will always care.
Speaker 6: I will always go out on my way to find out if this thing was Christopher Noland or was it so n right?
Speaker 3: That's worth finding out, all right for.
Speaker 2: A seven nine six four one textas seven to seven zero three one back in one second.
Speaker 1: Still to come the common sense financial advice you need. It's only money With Scott Brown today at six twenty on The Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 10: Amber Moo Colbert.
Speaker 24: Okay, Jimmy, just wanted to say a quick congratulations for a record setting successful poker tournament since you weren't he here today, can't wait to be back. But also, even though I wasn't at the poker tournament, you got me into a new exercise routine. Because of it, I'm working on my glutes even though I don't think i'll ever have half of the badunkadun'k you got.
Speaker 7: But also, Jimmy, do you know what you get when you can bind an onion and a donkey?
Speaker 24: I don't, Well, I mean you get a piece of ass man that'll bring a teety rye, just like Jims.
Speaker 7: But I'm conn.
Speaker 16: Hey, what a Colvert show.
Speaker 3: The poker tournament. It's a great time.
Speaker 10: I love it.
Speaker 3: I think it should be twice a year.
Speaker 16: I've had the opportunity to sit at the table with ross opportunities to a table.
Speaker 4: With Jim, who I did knocked out before, but this last one I got to sit next to Ded and she is fantastic.
Speaker 3: She's hilarious and she will tell you she has no idea what she's doing. But let me tell you, she knows exactly what she's doing. She slap anybody, but she has no idea this year, No, this year. Do you have any moments this year?
Speaker 23: There would never be enough time to explain what I wanted to say about being human.
Speaker 3: But I guess what I'm saying is just be present with the people that you love.
Speaker 23: That's what life is all about. It doesn't matter who's doing what or where or how, it matters.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 23: I'm an artist and I understand all of that, but when it really boils down to it, it's just about embracing each other and boy, anyway.
Speaker 9: You get it?
Speaker 3: An artist? Hunh one more clue? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 7: Who she is.
Speaker 3: Well, we know she's listening, not because we can hear it in the background.
Speaker 4: Yah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, welcome back. I'm Jimmer's day. Yeah, but she nailed that one, bross. It's true as well. We are headed out to the Orlando Weekly party tonight. The results come out tomorrow for their best of segment, which is a very very popular feature for their magazine or their newspaper every year. Yes, I think the Weekly does a very good job at keeping people up on what's happening in the city of Orlando. Yeah, I'll agree with that tonight. A little bit later you'll agree. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: They do a great job. And it's Matt. I mean, we have a couple of their writers on the show each week, between Chloe and Fayees.
Speaker 2: That's right, you know, we have a tenth of their staff. Yeah, I'm sure. And what was the final number again for the poker tournament?
Speaker 3: Raised? Forty seventy dollars? Simply unbelievable. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's basically forty three grand that had to have blown away by like it's got to be eight or one thousand dollars more more we made last year, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, past two years we both hit the thirty two thousand dollars mar Oh, did we really?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So yeah, over ten grand more.
Speaker 2: And I won't say his name or anything like that, but we had a listener of the show who's been a good friend of the show. We've kind of adopted this dude almost a little bit.
Speaker 3: And kind of said it yesterday.
Speaker 7: Joe.
Speaker 3: Oh, very good.
Speaker 11: His name is Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was nice enough to really, you know, to cut a really really nice check for the mustard seed. He was supposed to be with us, but his schedule just wouldn't allow him to do it. He is a baller, mover shaking him, that guy. Yeah, and we appreciate him coming through for us. That was very cool.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, did you know that? By the way, I didn't know that about Jill.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I knew that there was a big guy a big donation, but I didn't know that he wasn't even there. You know who that was, right, You know who that is. It's the same guy that been on us to play golf with him two years ago. Oh dude, I love that guy. Yeah, we still need to play golf of him. He won't because he's burn as back or something. I've asked him fifteen times a play and he keeps kind of blowing us off. I think he just wanted to give the check. Yeah, he's a great guy. Yeah, he is a good guy, all right.
Speaker 2: For seven ninetiour one eight, how often a week, do you, guys and rush? You probably never, God Almighty, this is actually gonna be a little tough. You never eat beef at your house?
Speaker 7: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I eat beef you at your house? Yeah, I'll pick something up, I'll eat it. You'll eat beef at your home? Will you cook it there? Or you just eat like you'll pick up beef cake and take it home and eat. Look, I don't really cook that much, Jim, I know, but I mean so. But in other words, your wife is his wife's a vegan. Your wife won't cook beef for you, right, or I don't think she will. I would have to go buy it yet, I understand, but I don't think she would. I wouldn't want to put her in that position.
Speaker 3: Jack. How often a week do you and your family eat beef at home?
Speaker 2: I'm saying beef is coming in maybe once a week, once a week, and that's like ground beef for tacos or a meat loaf or something like that Burger's.
Speaker 3: I love sauce. Oh yeah, that's an yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, twice a week. How often a week do you and Chris eat beef at the house?
Speaker 5: Maybe once a week because the cost of it and then the story that I'm sure you're you're to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not real. Often it is.
Speaker 2: It is one of those things where I think American families are going to have to start making some dramatic changes in how they eat and look. You know, beef has been part of an American table for many, many years, and for a while, ground beef was one of the staple proteins that you could actually get that was affordable. You could get beef for a couple dollars a pound back in the day. You know, the choice grades that would be your ground beef, your eighty twenties, your seventy thirties, high fat content, make great burgers, though everybody had that. I mean, I think when I was a kid, we probably ate beef two or three times a week when I was a kid because it was just again, Hamburger was so accessible that we did that. We also ate a lot of cube steak. You guys ever eat.
Speaker 3: Cube steak a cubed out? You know what cube steak is? Jack, I don't. My wife is let me help you out. Chicken fried steak? Okay, have you had chicken fried steak before? I know, if you ever go to the grocery store. And you see the beef that's up there that looks like it's been run through machines. Yes, so I have seen that, right, So that is the true eat that is called. We used to call it cube steak, but it's actually known as chicken fried steak.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: So you cooked the steak the same way that you would cook fried chicken. You batter it or you put some flour on it. Stuff, so it's got a crunch on the outside.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 3: I love it. Yeah, Oh, it's amazing. That's so good.
Speaker 6: It's got an odd color when you cut it open, but it does.
Speaker 2: But it's the best thing in the world with the gravy and rice. There's nothing in the better world than cube steak with gravy and rice. I used to eat that probably twice a week when I was a kid. And the reason I'm bringing this up is the cattle ranch right now, the cattle herd in America is the smallest it's been in how many years?
Speaker 3: Twenty five? Hey, forty? I saw the number seventy five years.
Speaker 2: Mile mind, this is the smallest that our cattle herd has been in seventy five years. A mix of a number of things, whether it be no water in the pastures, no food, no you know, no grazing land, could be diseased. Things of that nature. Entered the twenty twenty six with about eighty six point two million cattle and calves, the smallest heard since the early nineteen fifties. That's down from ninety four point seven million. And the reason why you bring that up is because beef, I think right now, ground beef is a base price of about ten dollars a pound or something like that. WHOA, I remember buying. I just bought cubed beef to make beef stew for the family. And I got and I shopped at Aldi and I always I don't know about you guys, but when I make food, I'm like, I wonder how much this cost per serving?
Speaker 3: You know, I just do these things. I don't know why. It's like a game to me.
Speaker 2: Oh that's valid. And I remember as I was making it, I was doing all my prep. I was cut my onions, I cut my celery, cut my potatoes up, cut my carrots up, and I was ready to start making the stew. And the first thing you do is is you season and flour your beef so that when you put it in your pot, you know, you get that little crisp on it, then you take it out, then you make everything else and then put that right back in. And look at the price of the beef when I bought it from Aldi, and I could not blinking believe it. It was two packs one and a half pounds each, and each pack was right twenty one dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh what God? So it cost me and this is true, one of percent.
Speaker 2: It cost me like forty five forty seven dollars to make a pot of beef stew. That and by the way, the reason that I bring that up, and it's important. Back in the day again, one of the cheaper cuts and things you could do is is you could buy these cheap cuts of beef that were cubed up and braise them and make them, make them really tender through cooking them a long time, and save yourself money. That's why beef stew was such a really good meal. Not only did it last long, it kept in the fridge for a while and it was always I contend it gets better as it goes. Man, I don't know, forty five dollars to make a pot of beef stew was bananas, Dude, you could get a bull of beef stew cheaper on dred percent And like when I I love making chili, but when you and again you know, I'm not gonna go broke over ten dollars, but when you when you look at it every single day and you're like, damn, man, when you pair that up with other food and other prices for stuff, you got to start shopping around.
Speaker 3: So I'm so I'm still pissed, dude. The second I'm like, hell yeah, dude, I'm a good little saver. I'm trying to you know, I'm doing my best. Okay, everything's more expensive and I've saved nothing. Everything is just a Nolan void cool. Like that's what I feel like my life is like four years has been.
Speaker 2: I just wonder how many people out there like have just really kind of taken a thing like I'm just we're just gonna have to roll beef out and not like chicken is so much less expensive, but I still think you probably get a better deal with pork cuts if to get protein and then things of that nature. But man, everything like that beef world and they're saying it's not going down for a couple of years. Then you're gonna see high beef prices for at least two more years.
Speaker 5: So now it'll go back to being a special, special night out when you go out for a stake.
Speaker 2: I mean looking, I'll tell you it's wild. It says, according to the USDA, right now, the retail value of choice beef rose from about eight fifty one a pound in August to ten forty nine pound in July.
Speaker 5: And it makes you wonder how restaurants are going to respond to that, right yeah, how are your steak restaurants, your Texas roadhouse you know who lean primarily on cuts of beef, right yeah, yeah, because they're either going to have to pass that cost on to their consumers.
Speaker 2: Or raise the price of everything else around it so you don't think you're paying too much for the steak. So your drinks go up, you maybe fifty cents a dollar, you know, all your desserts go up, your salads go up, so that you can mock and hide the price of your steak staying the same.
Speaker 3: Interesting, I don't know. And this a lot of this is attributable to the where they graze and water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says here years of dry weather have depleted grasslands across the west and plains, leaving ranchers without enough feed or water to sustain their herds. Many have been forced to sell cattle early, including cows that need to be need to produce the next generation of calves, making the road to recover even longer. So not only do we have fewer cows and calves now, we don't have a new generation of those uh taking place with the ones that are leaving now that are being being slaughtered down.
Speaker 5: It's gonna just get worse though, because I mean Lake me just reached the lowest level ever ever ever recorded, almost deadpool. So I mean, it's not going to get any better now. Now you have seven states out west that have been fighting over water for decades. So I don't see how how the herd's going to be able to rebound with all these pressures.
Speaker 2: And the other thing too is you know a lot of the ranchers are like, you know, well, the government's like, you know, the administrations like, we'll bring in cattle from from Brazil, right from South America. I believe that's where it comes from. And they're like, no, we don't want that. We don't want to flood the market with South American beef, because it's gonna even make it worse because they're saying, like rebuilding the cattle herd is going to take years. It's not something you can do overnight. It's like this is going to take a three or four five year process. So unless they unless they subsidize our cattle or our beef industry with beef that they can import and hopefully that'll be less expensive, it's gonna be this way for a minute. So twenty thirty forty years ago, when people were pushing to be more eco friendly in how we live our lives, and there was pushback because it affected the status quo, whether it's big oil or big auto, and people didn't want it upset the current economy. Wow, it's almost like it's you know, we kind of set this emotion years and years ago, and we're dealing with it with one hundred and fifteen temperatures outside. Says the biggest thing has been drought. Eric Belasco, who is the head of the ag an economics department at Montana State University, previously told Fox News Digital that chief among the problems is persistent drought.
Speaker 3: We have no water.
Speaker 2: Water makes the grass grow or the cattle's graze, you know, it keeps them alive just through the water, and they don't have that, so the herds are shrinking, and before the cows pass they have to either sell them, solder them, or move on.
Speaker 3: Water is life? Yeah, it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like like my dad, that's that's a nineteen seventy six he knew it back then.
Speaker 3: My dad's in nineteen seventy six, is it's on the next world won't be over oil, It'll be over clean water.
Speaker 6: And the second Daniel Craig James Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, also said that, oh really, yeah. I didn't mean for that to be a vinyl scratch of a stop set, but I was a good twist for that movie.
Speaker 3: They probably heard it on this show, and the only good part.
Speaker 2: At some point, I think everybody in their house is going to be start sneaking, buying like, you know, large containers that can fill them up with water.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, it just seems wild, Oh my god. And then there's like some tween ager going like is that to saani ew?
Speaker 2: Have you seen the springs? Like a number of the spring, the Florida springs, there are no there's one up in the Panhandle that is like they showed the old spring and it's down. It's volume is down by like eight Like it's a volume of water that comes out. I can't I can't remember what it is. But if you look at the area around where the spring originates, you can see the lines of where the water used to be and the and the creek it used to feed is now a trickleing of a creek, you know, because the awquarfer has been stressed so much here in Florida. Okay, the Sewanee River right now is horrifying. Cisterns, baby, yeah, yeah, and it needs it.
Speaker 6: And what's a shame is it needs to get to such a drastic point before people will accept, Oh I don't want that.
Speaker 3: I don't want that part of my house.
Speaker 6: I don't want to build that, you know, until it's really the only way to go for sustainability.
Speaker 2: You're gonna I saw a guy that was off the grid yesterday on Insta. I was watching him and he he The thing he was proud of the most of is that they they provide all the water for their home through cisterns that when it rains, it goes into these giant holding tanks. The tanks then pump the water in through a major filtration system, then it goes into the house to be used.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very cool. Alright, all right, four seven nine four one. Same algorithm them by the way, seven seven zero three one level stuff four seven nine four one. Mote them up, guys, it's time for trivia. I seem to remember hearing the cows were a large contributing factor to global warming due to the met dane they produce. Maybe this is Mother in Nature's way of helping to reduce global warming by reducing the cow population.
Speaker 15: I don't know, Jack, do you think that would be that expensive at all these I just bought a pound of organic graphs raised beef there for seven.
Speaker 24: Dollars for a pound.
Speaker 3: Definitely not seven bucks, Definitely not seven dollars. Yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: I could not believe it because it came from alday and I looked at the packages and uh, and one was eighteen dollars and fifty cent. One was in the twenties, and they were both just a little low. One was a pound and a half. One I think was a pound and one point eight pounds something like that. Yeah, it was still super expensive thirty five to forty bucks. That beef crazy all right four seven nine six one texts seven seven zero three to one. Welcome back on Jim. There's deb hello jacket here as well. Yeap so is Ross and Jack has a Jackie sack?
Speaker 3: What's in there? All aboard? Check it? Checkup too too, click clicky all right, here we go. We have your choice of prizes.
Speaker 6: It could be a pair of tickets to Orlando City sc versus Real Salt Lake at inter dot Co Stadium. You can check out antwine agrees been on number seven for OC on August twenty second.
Speaker 3: Also in the Jackie sack. A pair of tickets to the Google Dolls.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheater with special guests Neon Trees that happens August twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: Either prize could be yours if you win j c as trivia. That's a good ticket man, the Googles. So back to you at clickety class.
Speaker 2: Thank you, young lady. One, two, three, four or five?
Speaker 9: Two?
Speaker 3: Oh Brandon, how you doing.
Speaker 8: I'm doing great?
Speaker 7: Damn? How you doing doing good?
Speaker 3: Buddy? Wanna play a little game with us?
Speaker 16: Yes, sir, let me do it.
Speaker 7: To play a game?
Speaker 2: All right, Brandon, this is a real easy game. But he got a question here for you. Four answers. One of these answers is not true. What your job is to find the fake one, buddy, And if you can do that, I'll send you ever see Jack, maybe to the Google dolls.
Speaker 7: You ready, let go?
Speaker 3: Here we go, buddy.
Speaker 2: On this day in nineteen sixty nine, Academy a nominated actor and filmmaker known for his diverse roles. He played a killer with a stutter. Oh, he's in a fight club.
Speaker 3: Edward Norton.
Speaker 2: He loves American history ECX. Edward Norton is the answer. Ed Norton was born on this day in nineteen sixty nine. Here are three fun facts about Edward and one soap making lie. All right, we're talking about Edward Norton here, buddy, which one of these is not true? Number one, he is a licensed pilot who flies his own planes.
Speaker 3: Number two.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty three, on the PBS series Finding Your Roots, he discovered that Pocahontas is his twelfth great grandmother. Number three, he's fluent in Japanese or. Lastly, he attributes his creativity to being an only child with a giant imagination. Which one of those is a lie go with Number two Jeff, No, that's absolutely true. He found out in twenty twenty three that he is related to Pocahontas. She is his twelfth great grandmother.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's too cool. That's a cool show that I never watched much and I thought I should. Yeah, I would love to be on it, all right? One, three, four or five? Five? Five? Sounds good?
Speaker 7: That is Rob?
Speaker 3: Have someone else do your geology? Amen?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Rob? How you doing buddy?
Speaker 7: Hello? Rob?
Speaker 8: You there?
Speaker 9: Rob?
Speaker 3: I'm sure all right. Last second, dude, my figure was on the button.
Speaker 20: Rob.
Speaker 2: Here we go now talking about talking about Edward Norton here, Which one of these isn't true? Number one he's a licensed pilot who flies his own plane. Number two he's fluent in Japanese. Or lastly, he attributes his creativity to being an only child with a giant imagination.
Speaker 3: Number two Japanese. No, that's absolutely true. Wow.
Speaker 2: He lived in Osaka for like three or four or five years or something like that, picked up the language and just can do it.
Speaker 3: That's so cool.
Speaker 2: He's a super smart guy though, like a mega IQ guy one, three or four, Deborah, Let's go one one sounds good.
Speaker 3: Let's do this real quick. Let's go to James. James, how you doing, I'm doing good? How you doing doing good?
Speaker 11: Buddy?
Speaker 2: You got a fifty to fifty shot here? Which one of these isn't true? In regards to Edward Norton number one, he is a licensed ply at pilot who flies his own planes. Or lastly, he attributes his creativity to being an only child with a giant imagination.
Speaker 3: Let's go with the last one. That's the one.
Speaker 2: Winner, now you, buddy, I appreciate that very much. James, just hang loose. Jack will talk to you. And even though you may not want to that, Hey, me and James are good. But that that would would have been my third guest. Oh really, yeah, Yeah, he attributed the creativity thing only child. He's got a younger brother and a younger sister. He's the eldest of three. You guys know, his family is unbelievably stank wealthy right now, Yeah, his his grandfather was a guy who kind of I believe invented the whole idea of the shopping mall. Oh I built a bunch of those he also built a planned community in Maryland and a bunch of other stuff. And uh then of course that money came through with his father. His father was I want his dad do I can't remember his dad. His mom was a like a psychologist or a teacher.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Some other things you may not know about Edward norm before we get to the top of the hour. I got some rossauts coming up. He graduated from what university with a degree in American history, Purdue Penn State. Yeah, Yale's the answer.
Speaker 3: Waited from Yale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, with the p Like I think, when you look at the smartest people in Hollywood, he's in the top ten.
Speaker 6: I mean, I have nothing but respect, and I think it's just like beast performance after beast performance.
Speaker 3: But I just wouldn't expect to Yale. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's an avid guitarist and actually has played on stage with many bands, including the band Whole. And of course he did that because at one point he dated Courtney Love. He did oh man, I forgot and Selma Harle Selma hyak Okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: He's with her as well.
Speaker 6: It's one of the hottest girls. Yeah, no no problem, no, no big deal. I heard he's been of a dick though he suppose Yeah, I've heard that as well. But good actors sometimes they can't be. And I think that's maybe the impatience of being smart. Sometimes, you know, you just kind of get, you know, you a little annoyed.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He ran and completed the New York City Marathon, raising over one million dollars for charity while doing so Wow, Edward Norton, what do you have for thoughts, buddy?
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness, Jim, I'm kind of obsessed with something right now other than my booty, that room other or no so uh, my best friend and also the co host of Good Sauce with Me on Wednesdays at eight on this station. Well, he was homeschooled his entire life. Basically, he no Joel Joel Joel. Then became basically a professional actor for his high school tenure.
Speaker 3: He never went to public school. Well I did not know that. I didn't either.
Speaker 6: He was acting and traveling and being part of plays and films at a young age. He has a different life than I do. Where I'm going with this though he is now a father of two. He just went to his first one of these I will tell you after the break that felt like a good tease. Actually, I'll just tell you right now. He went to his first football game.
Speaker 3: I saw, I saw the post.
Speaker 6: He went to his first Friday night football game for a high school, and.
Speaker 3: That photograph told a billion stories.
Speaker 6: I just need to come back four ross thoughts and reinforce how just right up our DNA that is, and how unique Friday night lights truly are when it comes to being an American, right, And.
Speaker 3: We'll do that next here on the Jim Goldbert Show us.
Speaker 16: Oh my god, I just had to stuff foam blocks into a way too tight the lore sleeve that they barely fit in. And that sensation of the foam like rubbing. Stop it, like squeak, stop it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 16: The hair on my arms will not go down. I have like permanent chow.
Speaker 3: Up my spine right now.
Speaker 16: I feel like I'm gonna vomit.
Speaker 3: This is It's called boner hairs. Hey, guys and gal, this is done.
Speaker 21: Hey listen, if you get meek that's already cut up, they actually charge you extra just for them cutting it up. Yeah, they charge you for everything. I'm surprised they don't charge you for wrapping it. Every time they flipped plastic over it. It's ridiculous. Anyway, have a good day.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the Jim Kober Show. We're already a one or four point one. I'm Jim.
Speaker 2: There's deb Hello. Jack is here as well. Yeah, Ross is and he's had some thoughts.
Speaker 3: Let's get him.
Speaker 6: What's today Tuesday? Yeah, that's why it's ross. She's going, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Just died on that. Yeah, here you go, buddy, here it is.
Speaker 7: It's weird, it's funny. Sometimes sometimes I beat you to it. It's ross spelled like sauce. It's Ross thoughts.
Speaker 6: Today's Ross Thoughts is brought to you by a better man and a man that I will never be as good as that dude, No I that mortgage guy doing. If you are trying to become a better adult like me, then you need to be on top of your mortgage. You need to be on top of if a REFI is a good idea for you, If you don't know what a reverse mortgage is, I know the guy.
Speaker 3: That mortgage guy Don, That mortgage.
Speaker 6: Guy Don dot Com also with his own show Saturday Morning right here on Real Radio. Thank you, that mortgage Guy Don.
Speaker 3: Now Jim. Yesterday when you weren't here, we.
Speaker 6: Had a ross thoughts that was just gonna even back into a time machine and going back to high school and guess what we're doing the same thing again, Jack, Yeah, let me hear your time machine, dool zero effort. That was efforts zeroing my effort. He watch watch Dev's time machine.
Speaker 3: Not much better.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna lie. I was surprised that was not much better. I'll just stay in this time No, no, you can't. You have to go with this time machine. Okay, it's just a little wonky. It's got a piston down. The Bradshaw is down.
Speaker 3: Dude, Lulu, doud Lulu, dou Lulu. It's a firing on cylinder, douche. So where I'm going with this? Now that we are back in high school?
Speaker 6: Do you remember do you remember the hype that was I Friday night football for your high school team? You'd remember in my in my hometown, it is the entertainment I mean my hometown that they could be one in ten and they will dry, they will draw two thousand people.
Speaker 3: It is the thing to do. What was your mascot the panther? The panther? Yeah, yeah, and what was your mascot? Wasn't it like, I don't know, like a saint.
Speaker 5: I went to an all girl Catholic high school. So we didn't have a football team.
Speaker 3: Did you guys have a sports team?
Speaker 5: We had a sports team, but the Friday Night Lights would have been Promontree or Preble High School, the Catholic boys school.
Speaker 3: When you said Premntree, I was like, what sport is that? Now that's the Catholic boys school? Eight thirteen day?
Speaker 7: What's like?
Speaker 6: What sports were it was being offered for the girlsketball, track and field? And then yeah, I would think, and this is kind of a shot at half of the planet. But when it comes to being a sports fan experience, you're gonna need some dudes. You're gonna need a couple of them dogs who had a couple of brus and showed up to their kids basketball or football game and they're they're hooping and hollering. And I don't think that an all an all girl high school is going to accomplish that full blown Americana, make a movie out of it. High school Friday Night Lights?
Speaker 3: Jack, what was yours? Huskies? They all?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: So just the Husky dog?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Dog specific dog. That's what was yours. I was a shark man, Yeah, I was a shark.
Speaker 6: We never it wasn't a Friday night. It was always a Saturday afternoon game. And I'm what I dry heaved college rubble was at college high school football was always like Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 3: That explains a lot about you, And I'm wondering that not what you do with me. I explained so much about you that says a lot. You missed out. Then you don't know what I'm talking about. You don't even think we had lights. We had Friday nights, but there were no lights. Yeah, yeah, I'd playing in the day time. Jersey couldn't afford dark. No, we had the dark. You couldn't play in the daytime. It's free. And they still couldn't figure it out. So jack everything. So you had cheerleaders, right, yes, you're a marching band, right, Okay, but they just died in the heat.
Speaker 6: But knowing that your marching band played on Saturdays, I'm gonna judge them.
Speaker 3: They had to have sucked. They had to have sucked.
Speaker 25: If your marching band not if they never performed Friday night it was twelve hours later.
Speaker 2: Does that mean that you're like when you're the football players on the Friday before they would wear their uniforms and the cheerleaders would wear the cheerleading safe do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they'd wear that favorite day the way.
Speaker 6: All right, So watch this difference, you know it's this is larda Texas for the heat you play at night.
Speaker 3: They always played Saturday afternoon. I've never heard that in my life that any high school team played on Saturdays. I've never heard that.
Speaker 6: Imagine if the movie Friday Night Lights was called Saturday Afternoon.
Speaker 3: That's what check.
Speaker 2: Denzel Washington stars in mattin a football come right after breakfast. So like like a huge part of Friday Night Football, And where.
Speaker 3: I will go about that was the movie Friday Night Like the.
Speaker 25: Movie first respect Booby why actually it was a book first it was, yes, it was, yeah, but everyone will never forget what Booby did for his team.
Speaker 3: Packed a leachery. Yeah, it's in Texas. Are in Texas?
Speaker 2: Aren't some of the high school football stadiums better than some of these smaller college stadiums.
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 15: Do.
Speaker 2: They're created Like they have multi million dollars high school stadiums in Texas.
Speaker 6: And you kind of brought it up right there, Jack, Florida and Texas are we are the epic centers of these of high school football.
Speaker 3: We really are. In Texas.
Speaker 6: Probably I would have to give them a somewhat of an edge just because of the capital of just how many people they have out there. But let it be known everyone knows in high school football, country wise, well country wide football, Florida's got some dogs when it comes to high school football. You don't want to see us in a final. So, like Jack, you never what were your bleachers like hot ross because there's the middle of the day and super hot. Sorry, welcome to New Jersey in September and October we call that fall to It wasn't hot.
Speaker 3: What like matter you're playing football on the day? Actually was? I think it was more morning. It was like, you're making it worse. You might have been like a ten am game or the consumption saying at fridge toast. Maybe it was maybe I know you can't. You definitely got hot chocolate what you get for your cons.
Speaker 6: That was the first time I got a walking taco and I was like, God signs fixing no juice of the sausage. Round the Thanksgiving they always played on Thanksgiving Day and that was like a ten thirty kickoff on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've never anything like this. My wife the PA announcer going off, good morning thirty, thanks for waking up and joining us. What happens?
Speaker 6: So like all of what were your school colors? They had to have been pastel from the sun, brown and orange.
Speaker 3: Brown and orange.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Play during the day and your last like Halloween candy check has the worst ice called experience I've ever heard. You had the doors of the Cleveland Browns. Yeah, yeah, Oh my god.
Speaker 6: I also don't find a husky that intimidating. I find them like, all right, cool, we're gonna go somewhere. You're gonna lead me better watch out. We're gonna pull your sledge.
Speaker 11: Is that what they did?
Speaker 3: Did the Huskies pull the team out on a sledge? Did you at thirty am?
Speaker 26: What was like?
Speaker 3: Did you have a rivalry game?
Speaker 6: Like a big ban for My high school was the Catfish Bowl against Baron Collier.
Speaker 3: Ours was on Thanksgiving. We always played tennifly tenfly, whatfly? It's a town.
Speaker 2: Check universe. We played in augusty. I think we called it the like the Iron Bowl or the Palm Bowl or something like that. What was the name of your I had some turkey Thailand. They they gave some turkey.
Speaker 3: You see what I'm saying. Like Jim and I can like repeat every little We could say every color, everything about our master. We could talk about the life, dude. People had a like a life outside of that we had.
Speaker 2: We have an alumni section that has seats like the rest of us like concrete bleaches. But the alumni like they have seats like it's a thing, dude, Like it's a thing. You were a jock that was more important you.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you.
Speaker 6: I was the stoner in high school, that was the one that was always dancing. I was the dancing stoner kid that hopefully, uh I was promking. Whatever did you come at me?
Speaker 3: All you want?
Speaker 2: I have to tell you, I am legitimately sad for your childhood. Why because that's fine. But what I'm saying is you missed out. You missed out on Friday night lights dude, going to the football games on Friday nights when you were in high school, holding hands with your girls, slapping ass, whatever the case may be, like just being a kid, sneaking beers, I was like everything.
Speaker 3: Man, that is a Southern thing. So I don't know. I think Friday night Lights is just really a Southern.
Speaker 2: Unlike Ohio and Michigan and California also massive football states.
Speaker 6: Throwing this out here, Jack, they play on Saturday morning, Joel. Right, my best friend. His sons just went to public school. This is their first time in like gen pop public school. And what's the first thing they did? Go out for the football team. They are both soccer players. They both became the kickers for Colonial Grenadiers and they are I'm going I'm going to become I'm a fan of the Grenadiers. Dude, I'm a fan of Friday Night Lights. I'm a fan of high school football. Again, and Jack, I'm inviting you so you get to experience this.
Speaker 3: What night of the week Friday.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There is no exact national total for how many high schools play their football games on Saturday afternoons, but the number is very small. The vast majority of the estimated sixteen thousand plus high school programs play on Friday nights, leaving Saturday afternoon games for gays.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I make that wrong. Yeah, for it says for rare exceptions, I read that wrong. So, but Jack, like, how many like how many people would show up to your high school football game?
Speaker 6: It would fill the stands. People liked it, they cheered, okay, stands? How many stands tall? Like how what road did you get up?
Speaker 3: Was it like a row? M?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What kind of attendance are we talking here?
Speaker 13: But a.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it went like through the back part of the alphabet a right, maybe halfway through.
Speaker 3: The right and a lot of attendance there on Saturday afternoons or Saturday mornings. Yeah. Yeah, it was always the varsity team was always well attended.
Speaker 4: JV.
Speaker 3: Did you have really fair for the seven day at Venice? Did you ever have like a pep rally?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They did all of that, now they did they do the pepper rally during school because that was like Fridays were the greatest days or football season because you got out of school, like you you had an hour and they herded you into it and they and then like people you knew try to make you feel different, and you're like you just shut up.
Speaker 3: We spread a classiet. It just tells me so much about Jack and his high school experience when we go like, well was work did you have pep rallies during school and he goes, I think maybe, and I'm like, bro, those are like some of the most formative memories of my life. Oh my god, there are some of my favorite things.
Speaker 6: That's when you saw the crush that was outside of the class and you might be able to say another couple more syllables, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, jockeying for position and then stands so you can sit next to the hottest chicks. Barely remember.
Speaker 6: And Jack's over here having avocado dost whatever first.
Speaker 3: Barely remember it, untiling brunch at halftime, Jay Jacks? Did they shirt that says football? Momosa's I'm in don't see all about all right?
Speaker 2: One text seven seven zero three one Scott Brown up next with its only money.
Speaker 3: So Jack's rival team was called the Tenna Fly and you're the.
Speaker 7: And he is the Husky.
Speaker 3: So the rival team is.
Speaker 2: Obviously fly Fishermen and Jersey and their mascot is.
Speaker 10: A fly.
Speaker 3: For bait for fly Fisherman. Wow, Jack, feel bad for you, buddy?
Speaker 10: What up Jason's Crewe? Hey Ross, I'm a Colonial graduate, last of ninety five. It's great to be a Grenadier. Football games just have such special memories. Special ROTC. We present the colors before the game. Hell yeah, I'm gonna miss out. I've been to a few since I graduated, but I'd like to go to more.
Speaker 3: For the record.
Speaker 2: Ten the Fly is a Town Tiger was their mascot. Welcome back to the Jim Colbert Joe Roal Radio one oh four point one.
Speaker 3: I'm Jim.
Speaker 6: There's dev Hello. Jack Ross is here as well. Jack had dogs versus cats.
Speaker 3: Well that's not wrong. They don't hear your clothes were like doo dooo. Color brown, Halloween is all right, brown and orange.
Speaker 7: Al Right, let's do it.
Speaker 3: It's only money, oh th.
Speaker 7: People passionate about planning for the future, rise above investment, miss to build real. Isn't that really just common sense financial advice?
Speaker 3: It's both No, okay, it's all money.
Speaker 7: Wiscott Brown from the Edgewater Family.
Speaker 2: Body Scott Brown, it's Waderfamilywealth dot Com. Forty then near forty years in town as a fiduciary here, making sure your money lasts, making sure you know what you're doing with it, making sure it does all the things you needed to do in retirement as you approach that world. That says Waterfamilywealth dot Com. I'll tell you more about a live event we have coming up in a little bit, and how you make an appointment to talk to these guys.
Speaker 3: How you doing, buddy, I'm doing great. Good to be here, Yeah, could be inside.
Speaker 14: Nice to see you dress up for us. You're welcome. He's like, here's a thing like I come here comfortably. Like my comfort makes him uncomfortable.
Speaker 11: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that says about him as a person.
Speaker 2: You look like you you look like you missed a turn, and it's it's and you came here and are supposed to be on a pontoon somewhere.
Speaker 3: That's what it looks like. That's how relaxed you make.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 14: Thanks, I appreciate that you Friday night light guy. Oh yeah, yeah, I actually played a little bit too, so you know I was I was involved on the field. While I say it was on the involved on the field, they didn't let me on the field a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, go around the room. What position do you think Scot played high school football? Wide receiver? I was gonna say wide receiver, maybe a tight end, dub tight end.
Speaker 2: I have him as a receiver as well, because you're kind of tall. I can only assume you're probably is that what it was?
Speaker 8: I was?
Speaker 3: I was, I was seldom used. It was a decoy. Yeah wheels, No, that's that's why it's got you block. Okay, the only receiver on the team, we want to block. What was your high school in Mascot? We were Eagles, the Eagles out Springstead Yeah.
Speaker 11: Hill.
Speaker 3: Do you go to your reunions? Not since like the ten years? Oh really? Yeah?
Speaker 14: Just no interest or were you? I mean just nobody liked you or that's well, there's that might even be worse now exactly all right, Sky comes in every Tuesday. We talk about some things that happened in the world of finance and make sure that you are on the right path. Uh, some things that you can do, some things that you're gonna ask questions about, and just some life situations that Scott has noticed over his forty years of doing this and we feature those.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, buddy, the father's diary thing, I don't really know how we're handling, so I'm just gonna hand that over to you.
Speaker 14: Well, I just thought, you know, I think one of the things young people I feel like, not that I would know as because I'm not a young person. But from what I get from my son and his friends and my daughter and her friends is there and you hear it on this you guys talk about it a lot on the show, is that the influence of social media has got people all kinds of sides space.
Speaker 3: It's warped the reality of what they think success is or how to get it. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, for starters, I just saw a poll that one in four gen Z's legitimately believe that prediction markets are gambling are a legitimate tool for getting to retirement. They truly believe that I'm going to save a little, I'm going to maybe not put some money in my four oh one k, I'm going to do the traditional things that we know build wealth over time, But twenty five to thirty percent of my plan is to.
Speaker 2: Win it gambling. They legitimately believe that's a thing. That's like saying the lottery is your savings plan.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, it's yeah, Statistically it's about the same, right, So, I mean that's troubling to me. I worry about it because I just think that it's not going to be good for this country if we get thirty years down the road and everybody this age has done nothing to save I believe these wrong things. So if they go if they go to TikTok er, if they go to Instagram, they believe they should be a millionaire. The average millionaire in this country is fifty seven years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 14: And it didn't happen overnight. They went through trials and tribulations or they simply saved in a four to one k. The average age to buy a house today, what do you think it is? Oh, man, forty five. Yeah, it's got to near forty. It's got to be near forty. I'll say forty forty three is the answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: But if you ask a lot of young people, they're they're kind of legitimately bummed out at twenty two that they're not living in a three bedroom, four thousand square foot house. The average age for a career pivot is thirty nine, right, Like, you know, people think, well, if I don't, I'm not promoted. I started when I was twenty five, and by god, I'm nearly twenty six and a half and I'm still not president of this company.
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 2: The bunny though that, you know, we hear that that generation and has started to kind of skip jobs because they have concluded that's the only way they can get increases is the threat leaving or just leaving.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, And I mean I can get that. There's some truth to certain professions where that's not a career pivot. No, that's not really a pivot. And then it's like kind of a manipulation or extortion if you will. And sometimes that works. I can tell you it will not work in my office, but you can try it. The average successful business takes five to ten years, not six months. And here's here's the thing. As an entrepreneur, people come in all the time and they think, well, you know, I've been at this for six months and it's not going great, and maybe I should switch my passion, right, like as if you can swish your passions, right. But they again, it's a matter of patience. I think that socialish, I think social media has misconstrued this so much for so many young people that they get disappoint they're not they're not leaning into the suck. They're not leading into the struggle, which you should enjoy every second of. Because I think everybody here as they look back at their younger days, thinks, man, I would do that again.
Speaker 3: That that was cool. Yeah, that struggle is a That struggle is a gift.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you're not necessarily behind, You're just building if you look at it that way. I just think that we're in this hurry up society where everybody thinks they should have a Ferrari by twenty six, right, And what's horrible about that mentality is it will work exactly the opposite. The harder you try to lean into this overnight thing and getting it done quickly and being pissed off that it's not getting done quickly, the less likely you are to have long term success. Because I know people, we all know people who go from one thing to the next. You know, oh, this year, I'm going to do this thing, and this is going to be the thing, and then they do it for eleven months and then it's stupid. It sucked, What a terrible idea. Now they're onto the next thing, and they do this for an entire lifetime, rather than leaning into something and letting it build.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. I was just going to ask the how how do you come bad?
Speaker 5: You know when kids see, you know, college quarterbacks with three luxury vehicles in the driveway and they're not even twenty two with the nil money. And then social media influencers traveling the world and eating the best food and that's their job.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing, is what he's saying is is that's a lot of it isn't real.
Speaker 5: Well, of course it isn't, but they see it as real. So how do you combat them not looking at you and going okay, boomer Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's when I've heard that one Mike Son was like one of these guys who kind of you started believing that a little bit like, hey, this guy's doing that, this guy's doing this. I'm like, bub, you gotta you gotta really realize even if that's real, that's one out of how many people do you see pop up like that? You know, I mean you gotta leave at the numbers. It's like, you know a parent that want their kid or thinks their kid is going to go pro. You know again, that's that's that's five people per state right now, per year or whatever, right right, right? Yeah, I mean again, I think it's again, this is not a parenting advice show, but I think if you start them young, you know, you you explain early on that what's what looks real, problem isn't real. The person that has the.
Speaker 14: Ferrari at twenty one and is throwing money in the air and driving around with the top down in Miami, that's all fraudulent. That's all just least made up. Somebody's videotaping it, you know, you just I mean, all I can say, start early. If you have a kid, you have young kids that are nine, ten, eleven years old, start talking to him about it. Start explaining, look, I see what you're seeing. But it's and I don't know, there is a little hope because I do hear occasionally from younger people in my office where they're like, yeah, we were starting to get it, like they kind of geeah, now, well.
Speaker 2: I think what's happening is you've seen like the first generation of influencers, and you got to understand what kind of shelf life that has. Yeah, and it's really, really, really small. And I got to tell you, I'll take this quick story. I follow a gun named Brad Owen. He's a poker player. When Brad first started his channel, you could look at his videos and they would have like four or five, six, seven hundred thousand views, right and you're like, God, this guy's killing He would drop one and within three or four hours he would already have a quarter million views.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fast forward just two years, he puts a video up now two hundred thousand views. Yeah, and it's up there for three days. It just the cycle of that world is so small. Yeah, you may hit it hard for a little while, but it is not a long term thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean we and we are.
Speaker 14: Our attention spans are obviously getting shorter. It's really a battle for attention, and they're they're literally giant corporations throwing you know, millions and millions of dollars to get your attention. So, yeah, the life cycle, even if you were, like you said, even if you were that guy and you thought I got the world by the tail, you did for a minute, right, you know.
Speaker 3: And that's that's true of an athlete.
Speaker 14: I mean, we think of these athletes as making you know, five ten million dollars a year or whatever they're making. But they work for like, on average three and a half years, right NFL. Not for long, right, not long at all. Yeah, So I mean they put most of them go through it. Unfortunately, a few of them are smart enough to put it away. But again it's a very short period of time, and you know, like your kids probably did. Little league was a thing for me. We went through seven or eight years of a little league with my son. The best player in the little league ended up I think he ended up at Mississippi State and he had a cup of coffee with a single a team, and now he's working a regular job, play the entire league. Played high school baseball gun named ross to at ninety four miles an hour as a sixteen year old, and he played for a college team and then walk by the Rangers stadium twice yep. And then now he's a coach for JUCOA same deal.
Speaker 6: One thing that is just so easy to forget to do is grab the ten greatest examples of whatever you're looking at, and grab the ten worst examples of whatever you're looking at.
Speaker 3: Delete it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, whatever is The rest is the average, or that's the more likely. So many people get so obsessed with raging success stories, but the thing is there was so much luck and you'll never be able to repeat that same success. And on the flip side of the coin as well, when someone goes, oh, they had a four oh O k it didn't work out for them, and then they pin all of their actions on that one story that they heard that true. Delete the loud examples, look at the rest, and then dictate your next.
Speaker 3: Move off of that. It's like again your handicap, right, Well, you gotta and you gotta like head your bets a little bits. As Scott Galloway would say, you know, somebody's gonna win the lottery, somebody's gonna be a big time influence, or somebody's gonna invent a widget. Assume you're not them. Yeah, you have to assume you're not them, because you probably aren't them. Scott Galloway's a very interesting dude, by the way. I pay a little attention to what he says because he also he did this other thing too. He goes, he goes, one of the worst pieces of advice that parents gave kids when they were younger was follow your passion. He goes, that's the stupidest thing in the world. He goes, follow your skill set. Yeah, that's what you need to follow.
Speaker 2: Your passion could be something very dumb, but figure out your skill set and what you're very good at. Follow that and then take your passion and do that in your personal life. What enhance your world that way?
Speaker 14: Yeah, if your passion's collecting baseball cards, that's a pretty good chance you're not going to make a living at that. So and and I will say, on the other side of that recommendation, which I wholeheartedly believe in, follow your skill set. Here's what's weird. You know, the better you get at something, the more passionate you become about it, right right, Like when you started in radio, You're probably like, I kind of like this, I gotta figure this out. And the more the better you got at it, the more I know you're obsessed because you and I have talked about this. I know how much prep all of you put into this show you you are obsessed with it now because you're good at it and being becoming an expert or good It's same for me, Like the first few years of this business, I really didn't you know, I liked it. I knew kind of what I was doing. I was trying to figure it out. And the better I got, the more obsessive passionate I became.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to the second topic here, says Harvard says, ninety percent of your success is based on your reference group, rich kids, parents influence who their kids hang out with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why does that? Why do the rich get richer?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 14: Why do rich kids succeed disproport or succeed disproportionately to their less fortunate peers. And it's because of who they're around, right, right, It's it's not necessarily that they Harvard taught them something in particular, although possibly it did, but it's who they met at Harvard, who they talked to, who those people's parents were, right.
Speaker 3: And I'll give an example.
Speaker 14: There's a local not for profit here that provides mentorship and scholarship to young socioeconomically challenged gals. And what I will tell you is that under one of them came and said, Hey, I would like to be a hospital administrator. Now, she knew nobody in that world.
Speaker 3: Had she not known my wife and I, who happened to know the president of a large hospital operation, she would have never had the leg up that she got because we made that phone call.
Speaker 14: Right now, I didn't have that as a kid. I'm sure you guys didn't have that as a kid. No, But because of you know, my forty years of career in the money business, I know a lot of people. Now that's true of everybody. So you know, if you can put your kids in a position to be around people and learn from people, have the connections, you should do. And I realized that economically that's hard for some people. But it's something to think about it, right, Who are your kids hanging around, Not necessarily for the economics, just for the influence on their manners, on their their headspace, where they are mentally, how mature they are, how emotionally mature they are, how they behave with alcohol and things like that. I know that's all common sense. But my point is that your peer group, and this is for a young person, if you're twenty years old or you're nineteen years old, think about the people in your group, and if none of them are doing or headed towards the thing you would like to be headed towards, you need to find a different peer group hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You know, Ross, I think is a bit of an example of that. I think that you know, even though you grew up in a kind of a wild scenario, you are around a lot of people who became very successful, and you were around a group of people that you guys stuck together, and it influenced you to not wind up being a scumback for the remainder.
Speaker 3: Of your life. One hundred percent.
Speaker 6: If I had a different group of friends, dude, I would have like trade marks.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, it would not be good.
Speaker 6: But having the friends that I was lucky enough to call friends, they've all done very well financially. They also worked their asses off. Yeah, they went to school. They do have some debt, but that's about the get taken care of and they're all financial responsible and sound.
Speaker 14: Yeah, if everybody your kids are hanging around at eighteen or nineteen or sitting around playing video games all day, you know, you kind of get what you get right, so you know, and again I know some kids you can try to steer and it may or may not work out, but certainly having a conversation with your children at a younger age about economics and the economics of who you know. And again, it's not just about money, it's it's also about you know, the progression as a person, opportunity.
Speaker 2: Yes, yem, let's talk about this event coming up September twenty six, the twelve o'clock rus Chris and Lake Mary do it. And this is the four oh one K thing. This is the big one every year that gets a lot of attention because you're going over four to one K stuff. It's usually a packed house. Do we have seats left? We do have seats left. And I will tell you.
Speaker 14: We did a private version of this for a local company last Thursday night, I think it was, and at least two people came up and said the following to me, I have learned more in the last hour and a half about my four oh one K than I have learned in the last fifteen years by participating for right, right right. And so you know, this is something we actually get paid to do. So the presentation we're going to do and do on at these events is what we get paid to do for companies. So you're going to see how we educate a participant in a company who's paying us lots of money to educate participants for free. And we're also going to give you a stick or a piece of chick.
Speaker 3: How about good? Is that that's pretty darn good? I mean it's you know, listen, obviously I'm biased.
Speaker 14: We put the deal together to the presentation, so I'm going to say it's great, of course, but I'm telling you that the feedback we get on this presentation is one of appreciation and gratitude because we've put a lot of time and effort into behavioral economics. How to behave with your four oh one K, how to use it process wise in terms of wroth or no wroth, how much to put in it, how to maximize the match, how to take money out of it when you have to take money out of it, who all the players are, and what the costs are. Yeah, and that's all very important.
Speaker 3: Of course. If you're approaching that age you want to do that, go to Edgeworderfamilywealth dot com. You can go to the pull down bar there. Reserve or seat does not cost anything to do that, it doesn't And that way you can get involved again. That September twenty sixth of this year, late Mary, Ruth Chris and it's a twelve o'clock event, so you want to make sure you can do the time and then go and get your reservation and meet these guys. It'll be good. Yeah, hit Edgewaterfamilywealth dot com. You can also download the Wealthy NA test, which is pretty cool. Yeah.
Speaker 5: You can deb and a leeted cocaine ring is run out of some frat houses. Orlando Police announced new info on some cold cases, and just in time for Game day, NFL team subs return to publics.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about that next daring. You heard it here first, you get it.
Speaker 2: We'll take a little break, come back and get Deb's news and the hell out here. On a Tuesday, it's time.
Speaker 7: For a talkback perch on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 9: What is up?
Speaker 3: Colbert Crew? Family? What was up guys this formy.
Speaker 15: I had a blast. My wife and I we had a blast at the poker tournament. I got to set.
Speaker 3: At the gym corb.
Speaker 15: Table and it was fun because I I've been dreaming about this you know table. I'm like, I gotta play with Jimmy. I gotta play and you know what, it happened at the poker tournament. I had a blast, have a great day.
Speaker 6: I saw Remy there too, and I meant to ask him to see his phone so I could smash it to pieces. Because I don't know why it's always sounds so distorted.
Speaker 3: Lella. Hey, okay, hi hi, hi, hey, hey, hey, I love love. We said fix your phone. Next up back, Wow, these didn't make the cutout? Is that what I sound like.
Speaker 11: Already a man shows up for jewelry.
Speaker 26: Dude even gets one of the sloppiest glazings.
Speaker 11: This side of Lebron twenty three. Well, I didn't want to do.
Speaker 26: It, but I feel it's my obligation to set the record straight. I work security at the courthouse and I saw your Captain America standing in line holding court. He'd forgotten his adamantium shield at home, apparently, but he was wearing a way too tight T shirt but had an arrow pointing downward just beneath the words war dear this classy. And then he throws his jacket my god shoulder like as a cape.
Speaker 11: He says, I'm four man, and he proceeds to set off the metal detector.
Speaker 26: Okay, I had to want him bent him at the waist, and I wanted him good from the front and from behind. Turns out he's got a novelty sized gavel all wrapped up tight in aluminum tinfoil stuff down the front of his trousers.
Speaker 11: I rest my case.
Speaker 3: You're honor way longer than thirty seconds, for sure. Welcome back into the Jim Corberg Show. We're already at one oh four point one. You've been purged. I'm Jack.
Speaker 11: There you go.
Speaker 3: I'm Jack. I'm Jim. I'm Jack. I'm Jim. That is a weird. Today was weird. Those were a wild dude. Maybe we have to just kind of alter this a little bit. Yatt almighty, No, no, no, please, all done. I'm Jim.
Speaker 2: There's Jack Ross's here as well. Scott's here as well. Dead let's do you heard it here first? Shut up for you.
Speaker 7: Heard it here first on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 3: Well, I saw your face with the t Scott Brown. But it is true.
Speaker 5: Over a dozen people are being charged with running a cocaine trafficking operation out of two Penn.
Speaker 3: State frat houses Entrepreneurs.
Speaker 5: Prosecutors alleged the cocaine trafficking ring YEP centered on the Delta Upsilon and Sigma Kai fraternity houses, where large amounts of cocaine were brought in from Philadelphia and New York.
Speaker 14: Where they were cut and packaged for sale primarily to Penn State students.
Speaker 5: That's Pennsylvania Attorney General Dave Sunday. Thirteen current and former students were charged, as well as a father of a student. Penn State says they're cooperating with the investigation, right, thinking.
Speaker 3: Outside the box for that very expensive college. Yeah, aren't they white lions as well?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just felt different now it's nitny lines.
Speaker 5: Orlando Police are celebrating what they call significant breakthroughs in two cold cases. Police announced to yesterday they used DNA testing to identify two people who died in nineteen eighty two and nineteen ninety six. The victim in the nineteen eighty two case is now known to be sixteen year old Vincent Todd Peterson. He died at a downtown construction site and followl play is not suspected. The man who died in nineteen ninety six has been identified as forty nine year old Keith Lloyd Landis. He was found dead in the field on Middlebrook Road and died of natural causes. The OPD says these developments highlight the cold case unit's commitment to bringing long awaited closure to family. Here you go, and then finally, Public says bringing back its limited edition NFL theme subs at select stores to give football fans a customized bite for game day tailgates and of course, your watch parties at home. Grocery shoppers across the Southeast will be able to support their teams with specialized sandwiches designed for the Miami Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Atlanta Falcons. Turns out Public serves as the official supermarket for all four franchises and offers these customized sandwiches for a limited time during football season.
Speaker 3: And you heard it here first on the Jim Culbert Show. Thank you ever, who do we have to think today?
Speaker 10: Link?
Speaker 5: You want to thank Scott Brown with Edgewater Family just in case you missed his timely economic advice. His podcast has already been hosted at the Jim Culbert Show. Also want to thank that mortgage guy Don for saucing up our Tuesdays. Thank you, and last but never leave Sambo and Candice Rich and Alicia Bullware for running our YouTube chat.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, appreciate that jack question of today in.
Speaker 6: Our YouTube chat. Given the state of the world, is it more stressful now for teams than when you were a team? Either it was either not worse back then, was worse or about the same. No, I think way worse now?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 2: Eighty five seventy three percent says yes, worse? Man Yeah, Ross stand up?
Speaker 3: Yes? How about two shows.
Speaker 6: This Thursday, I'm doing stand up at Saccomedy Lab, and that's an epic thing to say, because they usually don't have stand up, so it's an honor to tell stand up comedy at Sack where they do improv. And of course August twenty ninth, the biggest show of my did probably my entire year. Fourteen sketches Mount Dora. Tickets at Rosscomedy dot com and Real Radio.
Speaker 2: Dot FB slash comment there you go, always good Rosscomedy dot com for sure, Scot always good seeing you at That's Edgewater Familywealth dot com. Take that DNA wealth test, go and make a reservation for the gig coming up on September twenty sixth at Lake Maryruth, Chris and all of those things are their plusure books.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a couple of books.
Speaker 14: So I got a guy which is a guid to using a financial advisor, and I never made anyone rich On Edgewater Family with that com.
Speaker 3: And you can download him right there. You can have solute. Let's get the hell out of here. What do you say? Sounds good? All right good? I'll be having deb Jack Ross and Scott. I'm Jim.
Speaker 2: We follow the new Chuckee. They follow the monsters the morning. For us, it's Tom Daan the Corporate Time and our friends from Real Laughs. We'll see tomorrow three for more of The Jim Corbert Show. Until then, have yourself a fantastic Tuesday evening.
Speaker 3: See you tomorrow.
Speaker 20: Bye at the Damn Dancers.
Speaker 7: Y'all give you any part of today's show.
Speaker 1: Check out The Jim Colbert Show on demand, and for highlighted feature segments, listen to The Jim Colbert Show The Goods.
Speaker 7: Both are available for free on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: A Corporate Time with Tom and Dan is coming up next on Real Radio one oh four point one.
Speaker 5: From the Klosmon Law Traffic Center. Car crash called Klosmanlaw Klosmanlaw dot Com.
Speaker 20: The on ramp from World Drive to I four westbounds partially blocked to to an accident. Their traffic's backed up a little bit heavier in the news. Look out for emergency crews on the roadways. There's an accident off to the