Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo.
Speaker 2: In the morning show, we were talking about, you know, things with the phone and stuff. Has Shannon showed you all of the robo calls or or sales calls that she's been.
Speaker 1: Getting goes off? You can hear it.
Speaker 3: My phone rings the entire show. And it's been like, look at this, look at this, you guys, why do you have fully how I get upwards of like between eighty and one hundred.
Speaker 1: Calls a day? But why is it just recently that it's gotten crazy?
Speaker 3: Because so I talked about how Wes and I were looking we're thinking about moving, and we went to look at a house this week and for whatever reason, I've actually never heard of people doing this. But to even get a showing for this particular home that we were interested in, you had to have a pre you had to have a pre approval letter, which we didn't have, so we had to like go through that process. And the guy who was doing it for us even said, don't put your real phone number on anything, just put five five five five five five five whatever because or else exactly. So what's happening to me is happening. So I don't know how it's happening to me, but it is driving me crazy. And normally I just let the call go to voicemail and nobody ever leaves a voicemail. But I was in the car yesterday and it was just I was in a mood and I think I was channeling misfit Victor and I started answering some of the calls as Costco Bakery, Hello, this is Nicole from Rosesboom dot com. I mean, I did them all, but the best was I I was like, oh, I'm really going to like toy with somebody. One of my really good friends works for the Birmingham Police Department. So I answered the phone call Birmingham Police Department and then I used her name like officer, I don't want to say her name, but and the guy on the other end was like, is this Shannon, And I was like, no, you called the Birmingham Police Department. And I'm like, you know, he's going back and forth, note Shannon and you know, said my last name and so I am not budget And finally he gets so pissed off and he's like, you know you have some nerve doing this.
Speaker 2: Was he still a sales call or was it somebody that was talking to you, the guy.
Speaker 1: That was scroming at you. No, it was like it was from one of these mortgage Okay, so they know your name when you're doing it.
Speaker 3: And again I don't know enough about this to know how where how they've gotten all of my information so quickly, but they did. And he said my name like he knew my first and last name.
Speaker 2: But Victor has and I don't. I haven't talked to Victor in a long time. I mean with uh, I've had some family stuff and things going on, and I think he's been busy.
Speaker 1: Can we call Victor up?
Speaker 3: Because Victor does this just so you know that reference while you're calling him Lydia. He will do this with any telemarketer that calls him. He will either pretend to be somebody else or he will play a game and be so annoying to them and see how long he can keep them on the phone.
Speaker 4: When we call Victor, can we like three way in one of these numbers?
Speaker 3: I thought about it, honest to got yesterday thought about screenshotting some of these numbers and just saying he at it.
Speaker 1: That fun.
Speaker 2: My favorite Victor thing to do is when somebody calls and does these things like where they do the telemarketing calls and he tells them.
Speaker 1: They say, what is your name? And he goes Tony Trevada.
Speaker 2: He gives our bosses name and and then they'll like, how do you spell that? And give them all the details. I don't even I never pick up these calls. I don't pick mean obviously I don't pick up calls. I don't pick up calls from friends, but I don't pick up anything that I don't have saved in my phone anybody. And it's kind of bad that that's the case, because you can't do it anymore because there's so many of them that come through.
Speaker 4: But that's why I think that particular point emphasizes that if it's that important, they'll leave a voicemail.
Speaker 1: If you're getting random numbers and are not leaving voicemail, not one of these calls have left a voicemail. What is so? What is the deal with?
Speaker 2: Like some people say that there's certain apps that are good, like if you can find like an app that will stop out all the robo calls, but I've never been able to do it. I got one app or one service, and it was the it was horrible. I wouldn't get it, Like, my family couldn't even call me. It kept so many phone numbers. Yeah, so I ended up having to cancel it. But what's up Amy?
Speaker 1: How you doing good money?
Speaker 5: Guys?
Speaker 6: This is this is how it works when you're looking for you, whether you get any sort of loan, why don't you get your credit?
Speaker 1: Call right?
Speaker 5: Companies pay for those lists.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 6: Who who just you know applied for a mortgage somewhere and.
Speaker 3: Then really I thought that I kind of had an inkling that it had something to do with my credit and obviously my phone number is you know.
Speaker 1: So wait, so so the is it the find every time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So that whole thing that Shannon says when people say how did you get my number? And somebody must have you know, like when you say that stuff, that's actually a true thing that's coming back at.
Speaker 1: You, right, can you out anyway? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess it's not like you know, Instagram, when you download a app and it says share yourself and it says never share or.
Speaker 1: Does apparently Victor, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 2: When did you get in an accent? Where where did that thing come from?
Speaker 7: This is a Rodney I'm calling from medicaid.
Speaker 1: Sounds like, dude, are you proud of me?
Speaker 5: I am proud of you.
Speaker 6: But I mean it's the thing is if the more like just by answering or talking period, Uh, they're just going to hit We used to.
Speaker 5: Do top marketing a long time ago.
Speaker 6: You would just hit F four F two and I would just reschedule you first for somebody to call you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's it's Apple is.
Speaker 6: Apple is supposed to with the next update, is supposed to release a a thing on there that's like almost like a call spam blocker where, uh, if if you don't know the number, they're going to say, Hi, this person has this feature say your name.
Speaker 5: And then it'll call you.
Speaker 6: And I'll say so and so is calling. Do you want to answer this call or not? Or it will completely filter the call out?
Speaker 2: But I mean, is that reallything or because then they're.
Speaker 7: All going to is because because no, the telemarkers are never going to say that I had a I have to run with the app is it's called robo killer or something like that caller.
Speaker 2: That's the one I had and it kept Chelsea from calling me, or at least that's what she said, but.
Speaker 6: That's because you probably put her number on block or something like that. But I had that and I got I got rid of it because my life became so boring, you know, without.
Speaker 5: These guys, it's just it's just amazing.
Speaker 1: I got a whole list for you, a couple hundred.
Speaker 2: He sits there because his wife, Tina will work on the weekends at night sometimes and Victor will be home with the kids. He has a field day grabbing calls all that.
Speaker 6: The best is the call the car warranty extenders. They're fantastic because I get them and I'm like, yeah, oh, I definitely want to, you know, get this warranty on a car that I haven't had in eight years.
Speaker 5: And then you get them, and then you.
Speaker 6: Start asking about the packages and I want the best one, and they get all they're like you can hear them salivating because they're excited that they're going to and then they I got transfer you to my online supervisor. Just hold on, sir, And then you get transferred to online supervisor, and you're just like, no, I never said any of that.
Speaker 5: Trail.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, they're thinking they're making this big sale and everything, and you just get to supervisor, and you're like, Nope, I'm never.
Speaker 1: Doing hold on, Terry.
Speaker 2: What's up, Terry? You're on with us this morning? What's going on? Hey, good morning, good morning, it's going good. We're having just a little conversation here with some guy who's in India trying to sell us stuff.
Speaker 1: His name is Victor. What's going on? So when they call I will start.
Speaker 6: To answer them.
Speaker 1: You'll answer them in Arabic.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 1: I ask them how they're doing, how the weather is so?
Speaker 2: Really and if they don't know the language, they don't know what they're doing right, well.
Speaker 8: They like, uh, Terry, Uh, Terry, Terry uh, And I'm like.
Speaker 4: They don't like it.
Speaker 2: Do you understand that the love of your life is on the line with us, Victor? This might be the woman that you should be with her. Can you imagine the two of you together, that you guys would be on each end of the couch having fun with people calling.
Speaker 1: You absolutely looked at their money.
Speaker 6: Oh you know, the first one to call her and then hang up and then immediately call me after.
Speaker 1: Exactly, uh, what's up Scott?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 6: Hey? So when I when I get calls very similar, I answered with I saying.
Speaker 1: What is that, Jeffany, can.
Speaker 5: You say that on the ear? Well, it's nothing vulgar.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Joe hold on, let me let me answer some call. Let me use me. I'm seriously sorry.
Speaker 5: Maybe some money on Medicare.
Speaker 1: What's up, Joey, Hi, Joey?
Speaker 8: Hey, how are you guys?
Speaker 1: Good? What's going on?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: I actually have.
Speaker 8: That new update from Apple that Victor is talking about. Yes, it works amazing. So I signed up for a service company to do fertilizer on my lawn and they do nothing but call me three four.
Speaker 6: Times a day.
Speaker 8: And then once I got the update, a little notification pops up my phone, almost like a voicemail. It'll say the number, and it'll almost it'll dictate what they're saying when they answer it. You can decline, and if you don't have your phone on, or if it's just sitting on the counter or something, it doesn't like buzz your phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, So it's almost just as annoying because it's still notifications popping up on my phone.
Speaker 1: But how many of them actually leave the message and do that?
Speaker 8: The real telemarketers don't the real people that call, yeah, start to dictate. I've had people from work that I haven't had their number saved, dictate and then I can pick it up from there.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll try that. Hopefully that's that turns out to be a good feature. Now for the iPhone, Mike, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Mike?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 9: A lot of times what I do, I'll call the and I put them on a conference call and they'll be spilling to each other about what they're trying to do. And I have one time I had sixteen of them trying to look hilarious.
Speaker 1: You got sixteen of them calling together. That's crazy.
Speaker 9: It was funny because the one guy caught on and I would keep on calling back, and I would get somebody else, so they'd keep on calling. But I had about four or five of them staying on there laughing at them because they would finally called on that I was doing that to them, so they were starting to play along with it too. It's funny.
Speaker 1: How is that sixteen? How is it that you and Terry and Victor have all this time to do stuff like this? Are you married? Guy? Mike?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: But I work outside for a living, so I have them on my phone and I just keep on calling when I'm doing my job. This longs so they'll be talking to each other. I just put them on mute and don't even pay attention.
Speaker 2: Victory, you've done that before where you've conferenced them together. Have you ever had up to sixteen before? That's amazing?
Speaker 5: No, No, I want to be This guy's a new best friends.
Speaker 1: You got work to do, Victory, James, what's that? James?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 1: First time, long time. Let Victory scream it. Victor, you going, I can't up the phone? What's going on?
Speaker 5: James?
Speaker 1: I'm actually I work for a mortgage lender.
Speaker 2: I've been.
Speaker 1: I worked at Rocket Mortgage and now I work at Loan Depot.
Speaker 5: Okay, I know exactly what you're going through.
Speaker 2: And now he's gonna try to sell you what's.
Speaker 1: Low enough for you?
Speaker 9: No, you gotta literally pick up the phone and Thomas Scott calling otherwise we'll keep calling you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how do you do that to every single person?
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of times.
Speaker 9: It's the same company, so the normal.
Speaker 8: Different companies, different companies. Okay, just literally, Tom, take me off your list.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's very good. Try that, Try that and see if that works. It's good. Amber it doesn't. What's what's up Amber?
Speaker 9: Hey, I for the past four years answer you are live on the Mojo in the morning show.
Speaker 1: They hang up immediately every time, every time to figure you'd be a today.
Speaker 5: Hold On, I like thee.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we love you Amber hold On. Isabelle is the person who teaches them. Her job is what is your job?
Speaker 1: Isabelle?
Speaker 8: So? I'm a sales manager at a Morgan Bridge And it's funny because I go up against people.
Speaker 1: Oh really, so you know him? Well wait and what do you What do you teach?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: I teach them how to make these calls?
Speaker 6: Like how to make these failed calls?
Speaker 5: God? You people?
Speaker 1: Man, what's your secret? Sauce?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Where are you teaching them?
Speaker 8: I try to make every one of them. I try to teach them how to make like you guys laugh, like when we call you, like if I can get a chuckle out of you, like you're gonna.
Speaker 9: Stay on the phone with me?
Speaker 1: Who even answers these phone calls though? Everybody?
Speaker 6: It's like I have people calling saying they're for mortuaries and I just switch it to oh so you're looking into commercial wow?
Speaker 1: Or why is this not what you do for a living? You should be why do you understand how much money you would make for these guys?
Speaker 5: No, I did this in high school.
Speaker 6: I worked for I worked for a telemarketing company in high school, and we were taught like, let's say, let's say we called you and You're like, you know, I can't afford this right now.
Speaker 5: My refrigerator just died. And I'd be like, oh my god, mine my refrigerator died.
Speaker 6: And then you start talking about the refrigerator. Oh my dog.
Speaker 5: I had to put my dog asleep. What kind of dog was it? The Russell Terrier.
Speaker 6: You're not gonna believe this, but I just put my Russell Terrier to sleep, like to months.
Speaker 5: Ago, and that's all you had to do. That's all people. And next thing you know, they're on the phone with you for like twenty five minutes. You have memorrhis, I have hemorrhois. Oh my god, it's just unbelievable. Is about.
Speaker 2: We got to get Victor a job with you guys. This guy, I'm telling you would clean up doing this, or at very least victory. This is how we bring back phone scams. We have you do it taping these people.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 5: Here we go, let's go I'm ready. I'm ready to do this.
Speaker 2: And it's brought to you by the phone scam today is brought to you by Isabelle. What's the company that we got here on the phone. We gave you a little plug for the business there. All right, all right, we'll.
Speaker 6: Talk to you lady, yea real quick for these charities like you'll get these Police Officers Association or.
Speaker 5: Whatever, just do yourself a favor.
Speaker 6: Listen to their spiel and then ask them of the categories and percentages.
Speaker 5: By law, they have to tell you.
Speaker 6: So if you donate one hundred dollars, you say what percentage is going to go to the charity? Ninety percent of time they get four to five percent.
Speaker 5: Of that money.
Speaker 6: The rest of the money goes to pay the employees the company and everything else.
Speaker 5: Wow, So don't ever donate any money.
Speaker 6: I don't care if they tell you this is directly the company. They only get like four to five percent.
Speaker 5: Of the one hundred dollars or ten dollars or whatever that you send them.
Speaker 6: That and they have to tell you categories and percentages. They have to by law, they have to tell you. They'll always either tell you or hang up right away. You know you won't call you back. Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Thanks D. How did you know this though?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 1: What did you see that on TikTok no?
Speaker 6: No? I did this in high school. I worked for a company and we used to call people all the time. Wow all the time. And when so they say what percentage goes to it?
Speaker 5: Click?
Speaker 6: I'd hang out by I'm not telling the veterans get three percent of their eighty dollars donation. Unreal?
Speaker 2: Hey, quick question? Who do you think is going to win the throwback throw down in a second here? Shannon, keV or Mike.
Speaker 6: God I would I'm I'm gonna have to go with a have He's probably fired up from the Chris Brown concert yesterday and this weekend and everything.
Speaker 5: I gotta go with Kevin D.
Speaker 6: Thank you and please hold second trans for you to online verifier