Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 2: Tappy New Year from k d WB brain fog, Brain fog, you ever gets a brain is like back to work, not quite all the way awake. I didn't sleep very well last night, brain fog.
Speaker 3: Were you nervous your first day?
Speaker 2: I mean I get a little bit like anybody going back to work after a couple of weeks off and weird sleep patterns and sleeping as way late as you want. Yeah, not being disciplined about anything in life. And then you come back to work. It's like, oh, I do this again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like over Like when I first got the job here, it took me maybe like two weeks to get used to waking up every day so early. And wow, it definitely takes like two weeks, week and a half, maybe even three days. Just go back to the way you were.
Speaker 4: You're used to it, I'm not.
Speaker 2: No, I last all the times. Like, do you get used to getting up early? It's like, yeah, ki, it get used to being tired. I guess, yeah, yeah, And I think that one day when I don't have to work early in the morning anymore. Yeah, and the alarm doesn't go off. I woke up at two point thirty, stayed awake until about four block so then it got back to sleep in time for the alarm to go. Oh it's torturous.
Speaker 5: When you wake up that early and you like can't get back to sleep.
Speaker 2: What are you doing trying to get comfortable? Overthinking life? Sure, we thinking everything.
Speaker 6: Now hold on, because you don't sleep with your phone in the same room as you, so you're up for would you say, like two ish hours just tossing, turning, not scrolling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't scroll. No, that wakes your brain up even more.
Speaker 5: No, yeah, I just put on my phone and listen to like Broadway too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't do that. I scroll in my mind about all the things that I should have said, should have done. My mind will scroll just fine on its own. So welcome back to the show. We were here on Friday, but there was not a lot of people up on Friday at all. I mean, if you were and you texted in, we appreciate that. But welcome back. We are back to full on routine this morning. One of the things we do over the weekend is we take pictures and then we talk about one photo in particular and tell the story behind it. We show you that photo kind of like, if we work in the cube next to you, we'd be like, hey, Charlotte, assuming your name is Charlotte, we'd be like, hey, hey, look at what I did over the weekend. And he'd be like, oh, look at that. So I will show you my picture, Charlotte. My favorite picture of the weekend is probably Bernie and I looking out the window at a fox in the backyard, because Bernie spotted a fox from like fifty yards away. Yeah, and a fox is like the size of a large cat, and it was down in the ravine behind our house. And he's like, I'm like, oh, what does he see? There was a fox down there? So I got up and I'm looking out the window with Bernie, my dog, and Susan, my wife, took a picture of us and it's just kind of a fun, kind of a candid little picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that is on you can see it on Instagram Dave Ryan's show.
Speaker 4: And that fox was cute.
Speaker 7: It was I saw the video on your story and I was like, oh, I'd go out there and pet it.
Speaker 3: I want to come here.
Speaker 5: It's a forbidden cat.
Speaker 2: Do you see it on my story? Dave Ryan, Dave Ryan, Katie wb did you notice the bunny that was sitting by the bird feeder. The bunny was frozen in terror nearby fox. Now there's a Bunny's like, oh god, there's a fox. Maybe he won't see.
Speaker 3: Me if I don't move.
Speaker 5: So it's been witnessing that fox. Just tear that buddy apart.
Speaker 4: No, thank you, I would say.
Speaker 7: My favorite photo is just I went to a place called Big Willow Park yesterday that's in kind of like Minnetonka Hopkins area that I've never been to, and it was super nice. I'm trying to get outside in the winter and embrace this cold, so.
Speaker 2: It was funny down there. I had I wanted to get out and cross country ski yesterday, but I just could not get motivated to get the gear drive to the park. Could not do it.
Speaker 1: No, Bailey, mine is probably I went to a funeral on Saturday. I know it's sad, but my friend Tim, who used to listen to the show, had a funeral and it was so very tim like because he had it at a go kart racing place. Okay, so I have pictures of him. It was nice to see like pictures of him as like a younger person and looking like healthy because I.
Speaker 5: Only really knew him near the end of his life. Yeah, but it.
Speaker 1: Was also just like so funny because we'd be like, you know, walking around looking at pictures, like talking to strangers, and then they're just be like deer dear, like going onus of all the go karts, which was kind of fun to watch.
Speaker 2: That's funny, that's cool.
Speaker 6: My favorite picture is So I sleep with the bonnet on a lot of nights because my hair is long and I try to make sure I keep it whatever. So our puppy Ava, I put the bonnet on her head and she just looks so crazy. She's like posing and stunting forward and everything. It's on a Dave ryanshow dot com if you want to go look she's a model.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Ava.
Speaker 6: She poses when she wants to pose, but when you ask her to pose and you try to get her prepare for a picture, looks like she'd rather be anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Dogs are a hard person or thing to post.
Speaker 3: Rather be anywhere else.
Speaker 5: You gotta do the thing.
Speaker 7: Von. This is what I learned from a friend of mine. You put a treat right above the camera lens on your phone. Yeah, yeah, I don't know that's always like the best trick I've ever gotten.
Speaker 6: Ava Like she'll look, but then she'll just keep coming toward you because she wants to treat and I'm like no, sit, sit, She's like, no, gimme.
Speaker 2: Well hope you had a good vacation and go take a look at our picture. We can in five photos. They're on day ryanshow dot com. The entire gallery is online there, or you can see the highlights on Dave Ryan Show on Instagram. Well, let's get back to it. We got stuff to talk about. The Vikings won yesterday. It didn't really do anything, but the Packers were disappointed. I think the Packers tried very hard.
Speaker 7: Well, no, they didn't have Jordan Love playing. They weren't really going to risk their players.
Speaker 2: Well that's exactly right, yeah, because they're taking all their for their starters and they're putting them on the bench. So all the you know, the second and third strings players were starting yesterday. So the playoff picture is set. The Vikings have been out of it for a while. Green Bay I think is a wild card team.
Speaker 3: I believe I.
Speaker 5: Think so too.
Speaker 2: And we'll cover more bet that coming up a little bit, and coming up on you can't make this stuff up. Dating trends for twenty twenty six. What are the dating trends? I will tell you then I'll describe them later. Clear coding, emotional vibe coding, hot take dating, and friend the fluids. Those are the hot dating trends for twenty two and I'll tell you all about it. What to watch for coming up next on KD double you beat Dating trends for twenty twenty six, And it comes to dating trends, it looks like this year is gonna be all about ditching the drama and dating with clarity and intention. By the way, it's just a little update on the dating life. Everybody on the show, von and I your status quo. We're still in the same thing. Nothing really going on there at the time. Bailey is now seen regular guy regularly, and you met his parent.
Speaker 5: He did meet his parents on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Were you charming?
Speaker 1: I'm always charming, so yes, I was charming. And at one point in time I got up to the bathroom and I knew that they were going.
Speaker 5: To talk about me.
Speaker 1: So the second we got back to the car, I was like, what did they say? And he said that they liked me and that I was a good conversationalist.
Speaker 4: Dave, what did What do you think she did in the bathroom?
Speaker 2: I think she blew it up and had to ask for a plunger, flushed it, got water all over the floor, and then and then was like, I gotta go beet my cat.
Speaker 3: No, whatted out of there?
Speaker 5: You did not do that?
Speaker 2: No, I'm sure it's happened. You got to know that somebody went to their mom and dad's their their boyfriend or girlfriend's mom and dad's house. Yeah, and blew up the bathroom, clogged the toilet, then had to call the boyfriend from the bathroom and say I need a.
Speaker 5: Plunge in here, come help me.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: And then Jenny has still seeing some guy, some rando that he met at the bus station.
Speaker 4: M yeah, still seeing him his station guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go. Sp any time with him over the holidays?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, over the holidays we did, yes, not like together celebrating holidays, but spent time together.
Speaker 2: Together together together together?
Speaker 4: What other kind of together together?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Here are the dating trends for twenty twenty six. Let's start with clear coding, no more playing guessing games. The survey found that more than half two thirds of daters want up front honesty about what they're after, So people want to know, well, what do you want? Do you want to committed partnership? Are you just here for a casual fling? So that's what people but people are gonna lie about it, right. People say that they want somebody to be honest, but then they really don't. I'm going to be really honest and let him know that I'm going into it for a committed relationship. It's like, no, you won't.
Speaker 5: And he's honest to you, and you're like, hey, wait, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah right? Another one emotional vibe coding. It is time to wear your heart on your sleeve. People want emotionally fluent connections, with more than half craving heartfelt conversations and forty five percent valuing empathy. Right whatever, hot take dating. Now, this is where you have strong opinions or the new sexy. It's not about avoiding politics. It's about authentic debate. Third of people say they want to shared values in a potential date, and more than half welcome differing political views. So it's like, oh, so are you this or you that? Yes, I am, what are you? And then people say they will discuss it, but they'll never call each other ever again.
Speaker 6: I think that's kind of healthy because nobody's gonna agree on everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'll never call each other again. Okay, Well that's the part that's like, Okay, then why bother?
Speaker 2: Yeah, most of us know somebody who is politically not the same. But you just like you either avoid it or you respect it. You know, you don't have to hate somebody just because they don't believe the same stuff that you read off of Facebook. Get all my political stuff.
Speaker 5: Well, when people don't believe in unicorns like I do, I do hate them.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's why you've been single for thirty six years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and she's not thirty six? How dare you five bay five?
Speaker 3: Look in thirty six?
Speaker 2: She is another one friend fluence dating is now a group chat affair. Expect double dates, squat advice, and more relationship talk among friends.
Speaker 5: You said squat advice.
Speaker 7: At first, I was like, what do you mean your friends gotta tell you how to squad.
Speaker 2: Squat squat?
Speaker 3: I love that I do exactly what you were saying.
Speaker 2: You want to down?
Speaker 3: Did you back up? Do get out?
Speaker 2: Get out? That song? Oh my god, da side. Dare you to play get down on it by cooling the gag and see how see whether Rich the boss is up or not. Here we go there it is, squat down on it. It is there the song of the your your dating theme song. Here we go squat down on it. Well, guarantee if the boss riches not listening, because he would have definitely dove for the phone if you heard that song on his radio. Get that song off our radio station. Yes I know it's danceable, but get it off our radio station. Cool in the gang for the first time on Katie WB since nineteen eighty nine. Yes, break oh yeah. Text messages from Renee. She says, this is the way to start the day. I'm dancing in my kitchen. Somebody else says, dance party in my bathroom. Mine your own business.
Speaker 4: Rich, he told them this morning he actually did.
Speaker 2: He did, so, thank you really did. Yeah. Uh. We'll be back in the second with the sing along song of the day. There's another fun song. So let's get suggestion for what you want to sing along with this morning. Text me at Katie WB one five three nine to one. Let me know what song you would like to sing along with. Give me a suggestion. We'll play it next on Katie WB. Then we're gonna do Dave's Dirty. I gonna tell you about a celebrity who is about to lose their home, so they put together and go go fund me to save their home. It's a celebrity that used to be really big but as you can imagine, not but they used to be. And we'll cover it in just Live in that Loon Life the Dave Bryan Shoe on kd w B. Happy New Year, Welcome back to real life, real world, real school, real job, real commute, all of that stuff. We have got Allison on the phone, and Allison is here to request a song for the sing along song of the day. Hi Alison, good morning Marning. How is your holiday? Did you go anywhere?
Speaker 5: No, but I had two weeks off work, so that was great.
Speaker 2: Two weeks off. Did you get all the things done? Because you probably said, you know what, I'm gonna paint the guest room, I'm gonna get new wallpaper, I'm gonna build a new shed in the back. Did you get anything anything done that you wanted to do?
Speaker 4: Maybe like thirty percent of what I wanted to get done.
Speaker 2: That's usually the way it is. Yeah, that's not bad.
Speaker 5: That's not bad, Allison.
Speaker 2: We can do something for you. What song would you like to hear on the single long song of the.
Speaker 5: Day, Sucker by the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 2: You got it? Thanks, Allison, have a great.
Speaker 3: Day, I think so.
Speaker 6: We good.
Speaker 3: Fell you.
Speaker 2: Time for your show biz gossipy staff called Dave's Dirt. Mickey Rourke was kind of the Hollywood it guy back in the eighties. Is very handsome, young, as successful, starting a lot of big movies, and then he kind of fell off and he kind of turned into a weirdo and then he had a lot of bad plastic surgery. Anyway, Mickey Rourke is about to lose his home, so he put together a gofund me to see if they can raise money to save his Hollywood home. I don't know what kind of home he lives in, whether it's like, you know, like an average Hollywood home, or whether it's palatial. I have a feelings kind of average because he's Mickey Rourke. Gofund me last night looked was last night was about thirteen thousand dollars, which probably make two or three or four payments.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but won't necessarily say that Hollywood.
Speaker 7: Oh no, well, Kelly, what if you lose all your money, maybe you don't need to live in a big Hollywood mansion anymore because you were irresponsible.
Speaker 2: And that's true. He was kind of a jerk back in the day, so I'm not going to guess that he was the most responsible with his money. But he also might live in a trailer. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 7: Last it was the Critic's choice of Wars, and we got some audio from it. I know, Chelsea Handler was the host and she was joking about Leonardo DiCaprio and I thought we.
Speaker 5: Already knew everything there was to know about Leo DiCaprio, and then this year.
Speaker 3: We find out that he can whistle too.
Speaker 2: He was trapped on a boat in Saint Bart's.
Speaker 7: It was just like the Titanic, but worse because Jeff Bezos was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was vacationing on Bezo's yacht in the what the Caribbean? The Caribbean. Yeah, so what a life, I know.
Speaker 7: And yeah, he was trapped because of all of the planes were landed because of everything going on with Venezuela. So he was able to make it though, and of course there was a joke. And then there's one other audio piece I'd like to play, which was when Timothy shallowmy won Best Actor.
Speaker 3: And last ye I'll just say thank you to my partner of three years. Thank you for our foundation. I love you. I can't do this without you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you so much, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: He went for Marty Supreme, right, Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: Oh ninety certain? I heard that on the radio this morning. Yea, which, if I may jump in here, I saw Marty Supreme last week. It was interesting to watch. I give it one point five out of five stars because it had no plot and he is an unlikable person that you're supposed to root for in the movie. But he's a manipulative, narcissistic, weird person, hard to root for, hard to root for Bailey. Yeah, and at the end, you go that was the plot. But it was interesting. It was an interesting watch.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so you learn a little bit.
Speaker 1: What I really liked about the Critics Choice Awards was that Megan is it Stalter or Statler?
Speaker 5: She and her I guess her Man's dressed up as Timothy.
Speaker 4: No, no, they are in the show.
Speaker 5: Hacks together. Okay.
Speaker 7: I was like, I don't know who this guy is, and they're some of the best parts of that show.
Speaker 5: Fabulous.
Speaker 1: Well, they dressed up as Timothy Schallomey and Kylie Jenner and the like orange outfits that they wore for a Marty Supreme thing, and I thought that was high comedy.
Speaker 5: I was here for that. Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: They had the finale last week, and it was briefly like shut down Netflix because there were so many people flooding to the streaming service. And not only that, but they had the finale show in different movie theaters as well, and some of the stars surprised audiences at those finale screenings.
Speaker 6: We just got to the theater where they're gonna play.
Speaker 2: The Stranger Things finale.
Speaker 4: How always everyone excited.
Speaker 6: In my life and to be able to sort of like end this journey with you guys and our own it's like.
Speaker 5: The best last So thank you for being the best fan.
Speaker 2: This will not happening tonight. It was not for you, guys, for I don't see the upside down, baby.
Speaker 3: It's really exciting.
Speaker 6: Everybody's all been talking about Stranger Things, I know, like we've.
Speaker 1: Been saying like, oh, I've heard it's not good, but I've only heard good things about it period.
Speaker 3: I guess it's subjective.
Speaker 6: Kittleb roy dropped the new single, and I think this might be his not clapback, but response to after him and Taate McCray broke up.
Speaker 3: It's called back when you were Mine, new.
Speaker 2: You Mine.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Very I'm gonna say it like early two thousands.
Speaker 2: Good observation really is, we have a major announcement about me coming up at seven twenty this morning, so I kind of want to let you in on a little behind the scenes in my life.
Speaker 7: You know, many people have been dming me asking what the announcement.
Speaker 5: Is the real seal. Don't worry, no one asks me.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares. Nobody cares, uh. And in other dirt, there is there is, I mean there is. Kim Kardashian gave each of her four kids a Pomeranian puppy for Christmas, and Peta is not cool with that. They say she's given away puppies like their plushies, and at the very least she should have gone to a shelter. You've got to remember that the Kardashians don't do things for to be wonderful. And to be right, they do things for publicity, that is what they do.
Speaker 1: So I'm pretty sure Chloe gave puppies to her kids too, and they were all like little black lab puppies is just in a box and like, oh, look up, puppy. And she also got dragged for it, So I guess the entire Kardashian clan gave puppies this year.
Speaker 7: Apparently do Leaf is engaged to marry the next James Bond, at least supposedly, because The Daily Mail reports that her fiance, Callum Turner, has told friends about casting. However, Amazon's MGM Studios hasn't made an official announcement, and so I guess just like take it with a grain of salt because the Daily Mail, the Daily Mail is the British tabloid, right for ye that was kind of like known to be not great.
Speaker 4: Yes, so maybe he's the next James Bond.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's not, who knows, but he's going around town telling everybody just in case.
Speaker 1: So yesterday I started watching Heated Rivalry, which is like the gay hockey player love story TV show that's really hot.
Speaker 5: Right now, they said that.
Speaker 1: We will need to wait until twenty twenty seven for the second season of Heated Rivalry, and they said that the well, the creator said, everybody's goal is to not do two years between seasons. But at the same time, I don't want to put out a rushed, crappy second season, which you know what, I can value that, and so far I do like it. It does feel like softcore porn.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 6: I started watching this movie called Together. It's with Dave Franco and Alison Brie. I talked about it Friday because I just started watching it.
Speaker 3: It's just gets weirder. I finished it, and it just gets more and more odd there.
Speaker 6: Something happens to them in the movie and their bodies, like their flesh starts to morph together. If that's your boat, it's like a mind trip type movie.
Speaker 2: You see Human Centipede now that where the body start to go together. That is a movie that's.
Speaker 3: Next to my watch Les so good.
Speaker 6: But I just felt like Together, the dialogue just didn't feel realistic to me, and it just got weirder as it went on.
Speaker 3: But maybe it's just that's not my type of movie.
Speaker 2: Talking about Jennifer Lopez, she is talking about her failed marriages and she's kind of joking around a little bit, didn't it for.
Speaker 5: Those of you who were there on and opening nights ten years ago? And you know what, that's time.
Speaker 2: I wond't Eve been married twice?
Speaker 5: It was only once?
Speaker 2: Has she been married like three times? Four times? Like that? At least three maybe four?
Speaker 3: Why I think she got married to ben asp like twice?
Speaker 4: Okay, I think they got married this last time around. Maybe I'm mom.
Speaker 2: I don't think they did married.
Speaker 3: How many times it says four?
Speaker 2: Or time soon? And that is the dirt on k d WB. Time for your Monday morning dance party on Katie w B and dance around the kitchen while you can get the kids ready for school and keep your radio on k d double U B. Well, good morning. Oh I didn't know this is playing in the background the entire time. Look at that? How unprofessional me? His sloppy, sloppy sloppy.
Speaker 4: I feel like I couldn't even hear it, though.
Speaker 2: One shout out all the way from Jamaica to Josie who was listening on vacation to the warm climbs of Jamaica, walk on, was she? What did you say?
Speaker 3: Wa guan?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 6: I know they say it in Jamaica. I think it's like they're what's up there? Hey, I don't know. They say when they celebrate something, where are you never been to Jamaica?
Speaker 3: Twice? Actually?
Speaker 2: Have you really?
Speaker 3: Yes? Never mind?
Speaker 2: Also, shout out to you double River Falls Falcon football team. They won Division three national championship last night. They were the cinder of the story of D three and ousting the rainy and raining champion. So shout out to River Falls Falcon Football team. All these little self things to celebrate, Yeah, things that just little little victories, little wins here and there. Vikings had a little win yesterday. They're out in the playoffs, or at least they had a little win. They beat the Packers. Did you watch the Packer game yesterday? Joe?
Speaker 7: I did, but I was in between working and making lunch and all kinds of things, so kind of didn't really pay attention.
Speaker 2: Jenny's now a diesel mechanic. If you missed this, Jenny was underneath her camper van fixing the diesel generator heater.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a heater inside of the van that heats it up obviously if I'm like staying in it during cold, colder temperatures. But yeah, it's not working right now, and I don't know. I mean, I've had a million different like troubleshooting videos I've watched, but I'm not figuring it out. And I think that this one's above my ability to figure out.
Speaker 2: I worry about you fixing your own heater inside of a van, and that deals with diesel fuels carbon monoxide. See, I worry about that Friday to be like, oh where's Jenny. She went up to you know, the Upper Peninsula. She's never come back to find your dead, cold body inside of your van asphyxiated.
Speaker 7: I do have a carbon monoxide detector, so I am smart about that.
Speaker 4: In terms of.
Speaker 2: Sleep through your alarm every morning, that's not true.
Speaker 7: I just snooze at a few times. I used to wake up to it. It's just snooze. But no, I think, I listen. I'm not going to like do anything crazy with the electrical I know that I can't figure that out. I did not install it, so like, I know that I won't be able to figure that part out if it has to do with that. But I just, you know, took a couple pieces apart, put them back together. Thought maybe you know, turn on, turn off kind of situations. Yeah, so I thought I try, and then I spilled diesel all over myself and on my winter jacket that I wear all the time, and I can't get that smell out.
Speaker 2: Probably going to have to the governor. Tim Wallas is going to hold a news conference this morning, apparently to talk about his reelection bid, and the speculation is that he is not going to run for reelection in you know, in light of all the stuff that's going on, which we don't talk about here on KATI, would you be? Somebody said, do you guys talk about that? Or radio friends like, how do you talk about that? I'm like, well, we don't. We don't talk about stuff like that. We are your escape. It's kind of like if you're on Facebook and you're scrolling and your friends are like bitching and politicking and things like that, and you finally just go, I've had enough. I don't wanna. So we are your place to go to when you've had enough.
Speaker 3: We don't want.
Speaker 2: So just but that's that is something that I thought I would let you know, and if we hear anything more about that, we will let you know. Major announcement coming up at seven twenty this morning. About me and my life. You know, you're somewhere for a really long time. If you're somewhere for a really long time, you start looking at things that can change, you know what I mean. So if you're somewhere, I mean you're somewhere for a really, really long time, you start to kind of look around, Like you know, if you date the same guy for a really long time, you start to look around and go hh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I mean, what if there's somebody else?
Speaker 2: There could be somebody else. Yeah, So we'll talk about that at seven twenty on Katie would being the new boy that I'm seeing