Speaker 1: Let the phones on a home run friend, ready to go.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Playoffs, Dodger fans.
Speaker 3: Is playoff time when your favorite.
Speaker 4: Show thirteen wins is all it takes on half and escape for you.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a playoff edition of Dodger Talk. Get in on the action at eight six.
Speaker 2: Six eats Breeze, sleeps Baseball.
Speaker 6: Now we go to your award winning broadcasters of the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Here's your host of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: It's only been fourteen years. Every day, David Vasse. We are live at Dodgers Stadium. After the Dodgers sweep the Brewers in the NLCS in advance to the World Series for a second straight year, David Vasse with you until I don't know eleven o'clock. We'll see how this goes. But I honestly don't want to go anywhere. You shouldn't want to go anywhere either. This is the only play to talk Dodgers. To celebrate Dodgers. As the Dodgers are in an unprecedented time in the history of their franchise, going to the World Series five times in the last nine years, they're looking to really separate themselves as one of not only the greatest teams and Dodger franchise history, but also one of the greatest teams in baseball history, and they certainly can separate themselves from almost every other team out there in the last twenty years. If they're able to run the table and win their second consecutive championship, it would be only the it would be the first time in twenty four years anybody has repeated as champions in baseball. Remember the Yankees did a three peat from ninety eight to two thousand, the Blue Jays went back to back in ninety two and ninety three, and the Dogs have never done that in their franchise history. Not to mention, the Dodgers have only lost one game in this postseason. There's been other teams that have only lost one game in the postseason, but they all won seven games, like the Big reg Big Red Machine, and teams during the expanded Championship Series play won eleven games, but no team has won thirteen games on their way to the World Series championship. And that's what the Dodgers would accomplish if they're able to get four more wins. That's right with the two wildcard wins over the Reds that would give the Dodgers the most wins of any world champion in postseason history. With this expanded postseason play, we got a full border calls eight six, six, nine, eight seven, two five seventy. What a night to be here? Two people responded, or two groups of people responded. Number One, Show Haotani responded because he was getting very annoyed and was hearing a lot of the criticism that he was not a postseason player. Trust me, he heard it, and he also heard the questions the day before yesterday about the fact that is pitching bleeding into his hitting. And look at him tonight. He leads the Dodgers with ten strikeouts in six plus innings tonight, allowed just one hit and hits three home runs. One of them went over the right field pavilion. O'tani becomes just the third player ever to hit a home run over the right field roof, joining Willie Stargel and Kryle Schwarber, who did it during the NLDS. So what a night for Show Haotani and you The Dodger fans that showed up and sold out Dodgers Stadium tonight responded and were heard all night long. And how could you not be when you witness one of, if not the greatest performance in Championship Series history. I'm not going to say postseason history, but certainly it's right up there with the greatest performance in playoff history. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's head downstairs again to the press conference room. That's where the NLCS MVP Sho hal Tani is with Will Ireton fielding questions.
Speaker 7: Showy, A lot have been made about your performances offensively this postseason coming into tonight with you starting, did you want to make a statement in this game tonight?
Speaker 8: She's in.
Speaker 7: My schedule?
Speaker 9: Can I say not to you?
Speaker 2: Too much?
Speaker 8: Of the.
Speaker 9: Mom got sensors, this ship, he got cool, That's all you now.
Speaker 10: I really focused on, first of all, first and foremost as a starting pitcher, to make sure I'm an effective starting pitcher on the hitting side, you know, just looking at the whole entire team, we'll see that at times the right handed hitters picked us up, and on the flip side sometimes the left handed hitters picked us up. So I think, in a sense, we're just trying to find the right balance.
Speaker 2: Let's go to build straight back in the middle.
Speaker 11: Yes, sure, hey, Andrew and a lot of your teammates are calling this the greatest postseason game ever played.
Speaker 10: What do you think the SNT wants?
Speaker 9: It's Moki Tail sometimes.
Speaker 12: Mmmm.
Speaker 13: Then I.
Speaker 9: Took what I told you.
Speaker 10: And as I stayed before. You know, there were at times during the postseason where Tail and MOOKI, you know, picked me up. And you know, this time around it was my turn to be able to perform. And I think just looking at looking back over the course of the entire postseason, I haven't performed to the expectation. But I think today we all what you know, what the left handed hitters.
Speaker 14: Could do j P on the left Typically you are at your best as a hitter on the days that you don't pitch. This was one of your best hitting performances ever. I'm wondering if you made any mental adjustments or adjustments to your preparation as a hitter prior to this game.
Speaker 10: Then I then I do the Moss taking.
Speaker 9: Man. You know.
Speaker 10: M uh, you know, I felt like the last couple of days, I felt pretty good at the play. And you know, just because of the postseason, the simple size, the lack of and it's just that I think the the lack of performance really skews in this short period of time.
Speaker 7: So because you're two more in English up here on the front and then back to Paul on the side.
Speaker 2: Pitching wise, what was working well for you tonight.
Speaker 5: Of comit.
Speaker 10: The last several days, we did a pretty good job as a starting pitcher, being able to get out and be effective, and just looking at the entire line of my impression that I had was that it's a very tough, effective lineup. So talking with Will Smith, we had a pretty good game plan going to the game and we were able to execute it.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's show Heo Tani and Will Ireton. Obviously an incredible once in a lifetime performance from a remarkable player that we have never seen the likes of. I don't care what you say about Babe Ruth. We have never I never saw Babe Ruth play. You never saw Babe Ruth play. This guy is on another planet and you know, trust me. He heard all the critics leading up to this game. He heard about the fact that he was struggling this postseason. He obviously fielded questions about how pitching maybe affecting his hitting He answered three consecutive questions about that when he was in the press conference room a couple of days ago. He is very aware of what is said about him, and he wanted to come out tonight and dominate on the mound, and he was determined to be able to make a statement offensively. And it kind of helped. With the pictures that the Brewers were throwing tonight, Jose Cantana was not going to hold the Dodgers down. He gave up three runs right away in the first inning, including Otani's first home run. So this had sweep written all over it. After the Dodgers beat Jacob Mazerowski and the Brewers last night. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number just before we go out to the phone calls. Keep in mind what you're watching. You're watching individual greatness, and you're watching greatness that the Dodger franchise has never experienced. This has never happened before. My son was born in twenty fifteen. I told him this afternoon, can you believe that the Dodgers will be going to their fifth World Series since you've been born? I was born in nineteen seventy six. The Dodgers went to two World Series during my lifetime before this stretch of time. And Mark Walter, who was here tonight, was on stage addressed the crowd. I mean, this guy has transformed this franchise, and I bet a lot that he's going to transform the Lakers as well. He's that type of guy and that type of visionary. And here the Dodgers are on top of the baseball world. I know, I know, they haven't won the World Series yet, they still have to prove it on the field. The World Series is not starting until a week from tonight. Brew the Mariners and Blue Jays are headed back to Toronto, with the Mariners up three games to two, but I like the Dodgers' chances against either one of those teams. All right, let's go out to the phones. Mike in Irwin Dale lead us off tonight on Dodger Talk the night the Dodgers head back to the World Series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dave, thanks for taking my call the greatest game ever in postseason history. I've been born since seventy one, and this is by far even more than Gibbe's Grand Slam and Freddy's Grand slamming last year. The pitching, the hitting by show. Hey, and then you know what, has this ever happened where a team swept the Dodgers in the regular season and for the Dodgers to sweep them right out? Has that ever happened? I'd like to find that out.
Speaker 2: The closest thing I could tell you, Mike is when the eighty eight Dodgers lost ten out of eleven to the Mets and then beat them in a seven game series. But no, there is nothing in Dodger history that would reflect a team beating them all six times and then the Dodgers sweeping them in the postseason. That has not happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then yeah, and by the way, it takes more than money to win championships as a total team effort. There's more to it.
Speaker 13: And then Dave, what do you think.
Speaker 3: The nosebleed for the World Cheries will cost a nosebleed?
Speaker 2: Thanks with a phone call, Mike appreciated. Get your tickets now. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy. I tried to tell you in Colin, we've got to find these calls from June and July. At some point we've got to play those calls back. I got to have the receipts on all of you, and the receipts of my belief in this team. If you were listening to this show, you should have bought your World Series tickets right when they were available, because I believed in the track record of these players. I believed that their starting pitchers were going to get healthy at the right time. And it's all come together as the Dodgers envisioned.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 2: Was it always looking like it was going to head into this direction? Obviously not. This is the best of all worlds here where you have all four of these starters not only healthy, but on a heater at the same time. That doesn't happen. And even John Smoltz said, at this point in time, with the way these four starters are pitching, it's better than his starting staff that many consider the best that they had ever seen with Glavin, Smoltz, Maddox and Steve Avery. He said it himself, this staff, these four are better than what those Braves had, and that says a lot. So at some point you're going to have to come to realize that the Dodgers are that team. The team you root for is that team, and you're gonna have to believe that these guys are far superior players that have great experience, great work ethic, and that's the reason why they're separated themselves from other large payroll teams because they picked the right guys to give big contracts. Two eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. The Dodgers beat the Brewers tonight five to one and sweep the NLCS. Let's go back out to the phones. Woodland Hills. John, You're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodgers Stadium. Hi, John, Yeah, DV.
Speaker 11: Way to take it man.
Speaker 8: You were amazing in the clubhouse as always.
Speaker 2: That's one way to put it in.
Speaker 8: That champagne seriously, and you had that great interview almost with Kershop.
Speaker 16: But then you saved the day.
Speaker 8: It was fantastic.
Speaker 17: You.
Speaker 8: You literally are the OG of the Dodgers. They love you, every single player.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 8: Mookie Betts gave an interview to Kirsen Watson and then he decided to give you an additional interviews. See that's who you know. You're the MVP of the media for the Dodgers. Seriously, I'm not just blowing smoke up here, you know, it's the truth. Man. You're the man, dude, thank you.
Speaker 2: All I want to do is bring the personalities of these players to life for you and for every Dodger fan. It's not about me. It's about just showing you who they are and what makes them tick. And I believe you see not just relief, you see the excitement and the love they have for each other down there.
Speaker 8: Well, let me just tell you the true turning point in this game tonight, in the bottom of the fourth inning, t k Hernandez shruck out looking hahz, struck out looking the pitcher. Patrick made the Dodgers' hitters eight and nine look silly, and then show hey, Otani the unicorn steps up on the fifth pitch, he hits an eighty nine mile per hour or cutter four hundred and sixty nine feet into literally oblivion. He literally hit the ball out of the out of the stadium. And that was the statement moment of the game.
Speaker 10: I mean it was.
Speaker 8: I mean, everyone that I was texting with all over the world could not believe what we just saw. That was the moment in history, in playoff history, you can agree with that, right.
Speaker 2: One one hundred percent, John, I would say, in Dodger playoff history, I mean, when you talk about walk off Grand Slams and Kurt Gibson's walk off home run in nineteen eighty eight, that's in a different category. But in a close out game to try to sweep in advance to the World Series. Hard to imagine another game where a player was able to pitch six scoreless, strikeout ten, and then hit three home runs. It's just nobody can do that. It's just not possible, because nobody can do what Show Hayotani can do. Thanks for the love, John, appreciate it. See a full board of calls. We're headed to eleven o'clock tonight, so let's get to it. Let's go out to Long Beach. John, You're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse. How you doing, John?
Speaker 16: Oh my god, sir, I can't even believe what I just watched tonight. It's unbelievable. It blows me away to this guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, just when you think that's why Freddie Freeman was warning everybody, this guy can break out at any moment. Did anybody believe it would be a breakout of three home runs on a night that he strikes out ten and pitches six scoreless innings. I don't believe anybody could have imagined this type of game from Otani, but you have to expect the unexpected because there is no player on this planet like show Hao Tani.
Speaker 3: I just I'm speechless.
Speaker 16: It's just it's so beautiful for the game. I just can't that's great for the game.
Speaker 2: It's great for the game. It's great for the game that the Dodgers are at the top of the game, and it's great for everybody to take interest to have this team with that player in the World Series for a second straight year.
Speaker 16: I took my wife, took my wife and I took him into the game last night, and I know she's at work right now. Her uncle was a lifelong Dodger fan and he lived in Nevada, so he never got to go to a game. So, you know, we just want to say, Uncle Lenn, you know they did it.
Speaker 2: Buddy, love it, John, I love John. It runs deep. The Dodgers run deep. It's an emotional connection. And that's why I'm always a believer that whoever owns this team owes the city their best efforts to try to put a winner on the field each and every year and be able to make this a great fan experience. Guggenheim, Mark Walter, Stankasten, Lonrosen, Todd Bowley, the rest of the group. I do believe they understand that, and I feel like they have showed their commitment to the city to put out a winner every year that they have owned the team. A lot of other owners take the profits and put it in their pocket and don't put it back into the team. This ownership group, yes, they have made a profit, but they have put a greater percentage of that profit into the team than any other owner out there for what fourteen years running. I mean, that's something to be said there, and they have nobody to apologize too for doing that. Let's go out to Oz, who is at Dodgers Stadium tonight. Hi, Oz, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 16: What's going on?
Speaker 18: Dave?
Speaker 19: Thank you so much for taking my call. I just wanted to say, I think you hit the point right on your head on the head right now. Every single owner in and Major League Baseball is a billionaire and they can spend however much money they want. They could have offered show Hey or anybody else on the Dodgers the same contract, and I just want to say that the Dodgers are the class act of MLD to be able to do all, to be able to do what they did, and it showed it tonight by sweeping the Brewers, holding them to one run in each and every single game. I mean, come on, what else, doumore do you want?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean nothing more. I feel like this team is giving us everything and more that you could want. But that's the whole point. We do this show every single night, one hundred and sixty two games, and there are people that are going to put way too much emphasis on a game in June, and you can call me whatever you want, but when you understand the team that you have and the team that has a greater goal in mind, I'm not going to overreact in a game in June. I'm just not. And even when the Dodgers were struggling in the beginning of September, you kind of felt like it was temporary. Was it ugly when Yamamoto lost his no hitter and the Dodgers lost that game? Of course it was. But even though this bullpen was not very good this year, the Dodgers have tweaked it. And a big reason why they've been so successful is because Roki Sasaki appeared out of thin air seemingly to rescue this bullpen and to be their closer. But now you got him. It Shehan down there. Blake Trenton, even though he gave up a run tonight, is pitching better. Alex has pitched phenomenal all year long. Anthony Bonda has been outstanding. So they got guys to shorten the game. But it's all predicated on their starting pitching, and they needed these starters to be able to perform at this level or they were not getting this far. The big difference is they have performed and given the Dodgers at least six innings all but twice. Yamamotos disappointing starting the NLDS and last night Tyler Glass now going oh five and two thirds innings. That's it. Every other starter, every other start this postseason has gone at least six innings. And I know, since we're focused on tonight three home runs one of, if not the greatest performance by a player in the postseason. Let's not forget about what Blakesnell and Yamamoto did in the first two games of this series on the road to set the tone for this series. To basically you know, squeeze any sort of life the Brewers may have thought they had in this series. Those two guys may have pitched the two greatest games in the Championship Series that we have seen in quite some time. Snow was almost perfect in Game one, and Yamamoto pitched a complete game for the first time in Major League Baseball postseason since Justin Verlander in twenty seventeen. So it's all about the starting pitching, and that's why the Dodgers are in such a great spot going into the World Series. The World Series doesn't begin until a week from tonight. Whether it's in La or in Toronto, all these guys are going to be well rested now. The only concern is how do the Dodgers keep their offense going with a week off. That that's the only concern. But with that starting pitching, you don't have to be able to score four or five runs every single night. The Dodgers know that these guys are going to put up zeros and if they just scratch across three runs at a certain point in time, they have a very good chance of winning the game. Eight six, six, seven, two, five seventy is the phone number. Let's head back downstairs to hear from Tao Oscar Hernandez. Many of you were down on ti Oscar Hernandez. He came up big for the Dodgers already in this postseason. Let's hear from the great Tao. I want to get one more and then buy.
Speaker 7: More next year, and then buy more than next year.
Speaker 2: And hopefully three more after this. I'm sure if you, like a little kid, didn't come in here and troll and around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is the only time that you can get to celebrate something, to be free, not thinking about your job, not thinking about what you gotta do tomorrow, you know, and we get to enjoy this one and then get to work.
Speaker 4: Again as gretty as you know, Show hay Ends does a game like this even shock him.
Speaker 20: A little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's amazing.
Speaker 5: Show is incredible.
Speaker 7: He's been working, he's been going through a lot, sloan wise, he feels like he can, he has to contribute more to the team, and he did today. So hopping for him and grateful that he can do that.
Speaker 2: Is there any other human that could do what he did tonight?
Speaker 7: Series, Well, now that I can think about.
Speaker 4: Three homers, ten straighthats, it's fall out of the stadium and you.
Speaker 2: Go to the World Series.
Speaker 5: It's incredible.
Speaker 7: It just I'm happy to be in his side against him.
Speaker 2: Hey, Oscar, you came back to have a chance to do this again. How happy are you that it worked out for you and the Dodgers? And how much you mentioned this team emotionally all year.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's there's I don't think there's anything I can describe how happy I'm am I right now, super grateful, thanks to God that I would make me the opportunity to get back and do a special things with this special group.
Speaker 2: You have a lot of the same players from a year ago. But what makes this group so special to be able to go through the adversity of the regular season and be able to turn it on at the right time. It just, uh, we hungry to win.
Speaker 7: All the new players that came this year, they want to win, and that's why they sign here.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: They reject a lot of offers from other teams, and uh, you know, we're just happy that we get all of those guys, and all of those guys are contributing to get wins right now.
Speaker 2: The goatee is a little dry, that's all. It's other way congratulations, Thank you good there is Taascar Hernandez. Love seeing that smile, and I have no doubt that he is going to come up big at a point in time in the World Series. And how about this fun fact about Taoscar Hernandez. In this year's World Series, he will be playing against one of his former teams, either the Blue Jays or the Mariners. So maybe ta Oscar will be up a little bit more for this World Series against one of those former teams that he played for.
Speaker 13: Let's go out to Laura Hambra.
Speaker 2: Ricky, you're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Ricky?
Speaker 12: Hey David, I've been listening for a long time. Man, I'm gonna say you've got the single best postseason performance we've ever seen. How did you even get a question out with all that Budweiser and champagne flowing over your head?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I had to regroup for a couple of times there, Ricky, before I got back on the saddle. But yeah, it's fun, and you know it's it's all in love. If those guys, if I'm dry in that clubhouse, then I know those guys are upset with me.
Speaker 12: Thanks Dave for being a professional because we couldn't do it. We we we definitely couldn't see as right as you can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah you could, you could do it. I've seen somebody do it in the backyard over there, you know. Sometimes during the pandemic World Series, I saw a lot of Dodger fans on social media having uh having uh, you know, their own champagne celebrations. Where were you watching this game tonight?
Speaker 12: We actually had a little party and we we had to find sports at LA after TNT and we just had to We had to see what you were doing. Man, you are you know what a show?
Speaker 8: Hacking three?
Speaker 11: He had three home runs.
Speaker 12: You can take three, three Budweis and two champagnes to the face, right, we are. We're really proud of you.
Speaker 2: Dave Hey, thank you, Ricky. I love all Hambro. Thank you for the phone call. And I have a feeling I'll be drenched again when the Dodgers win the World Series for a second straight year. I don't want to sound like that guy, Ricky, but I just have so much confidence in the way this team is playing and with this pitching, it's gonna be tough to beat them. If you're the blue Jayser Mariners.
Speaker 12: Hey David, it's gonna be tough to beat you, so let's go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: All right, Ricky, thank you for the phone call. Appreciate it. Wow, my family doesn't even love me this much. I'm staying here all night. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Brewers tonight five to one and sweep the NLCS behind one of, if not the greatest performance by a player in postseason history. Show Hey Otani answers all the critics tonight, strikes out ten and six scoreless innings and hits three home runs, including hitting his second home run over the right field pavilion, joining Willie Stargel and Kyle Schwarber as the only other players in Dodgers Stadium history to hit it over the right field roof. And I'll say this, when I was out here for the workout on Monday Night, Show Hey Otani hit four home runs over the right field pavilion, and he hit a couple off those signs that are hanging from the bottom of the pavilion, So he was getting ready. And we have never seen Otani take batting practice on the field as a Dodger, and to our knowledge, he has only taking batting practice once on the field in the last three years, and that was here at Dodger Stadium in his final season with the Angels. So he was changing the routine and Andre Ethier keeps texting me you're welcome. He was the one that told me, as a player, you want to come out on the field and see the ball travel. You can only see so much in the cage, and you want to get some confidence when you come out on the field and see the ball travel. And even Freddie Freeman echoed that when I was talking to him before the game today. So Andre Ethier and Freddie Freeman, they understand another fellow lefty, one that may not be from this planet. In show, Hey Otani, let's go out to Palm Desert. Dave, you're on Dodger Talk on the night Otani has a historic game sending the Dodgers to the World Series.
Speaker 15: Hi Dave, Hey, my friend, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 16: Dodger Nation loves you.
Speaker 13: You do so much for us.
Speaker 6: I'm an old school radio guy.
Speaker 15: I would rather listen to the radio than watch the TV all day long. And God bless you and your team. So I wanted to just say it's a great, great, great time to be part of Dodger Nation. But part of Dodger Nation is dealing with everybody else saying we buy our championships, and to me, that's an insult to every other player that plays the game. We're on another level right now, but we had so many up and downs, and I think the big part of it is our team just mentally rises to the occasion in the postseason. It's like I think even like with the Brewers, first of all, like Philly's a great team and the Brewers, I think they got too caught up in beating the Cubs and just how we're like, the job's not done yet.
Speaker 18: They flew that l flag and I just think that's a great point.
Speaker 2: I felt that way too, because Pat Murphy even kind of hinted at that in one of his pregame press conferences. I mean that that runs deep Brewers Cubs, with Craig Council leaving the Brewers to manage the Cubs. That was the biggest victory for the city of Milwaukee, beating the Cubs. And yeah, they would have loved to go to the World Series, but it feels like that was a good consolation prize.
Speaker 15: You're right, Dave, and it's like San Diego. With us, it's like we're just stronger mentally than all the other teams. And it's like saying we buy our champions ships is an insult to Philly, and it's an insult to every team that plays well.
Speaker 2: Look, well, look, the Phillies had a payroll that was right up there with the Dodgers. Their players just didn't perform, and the Dodgers, you know, do I have to do this again because I did it last night. I could do it again if you want, I can go through and thank you for the phone call, Dave. I don't really want to get into what other people are saying about the Dodgers buying their championship. Yes, they have the highest payroll in baseball. Yes they are playing paying a very hefty luxury tax that, by the way, gets distributed to every other small market team out there. To the spirit of that is to reinvest in your on field payroll, which some teams don't do. But the reality is the Dodgers' three best players were players that their original teams could have kept. They chose not to, and they weren't Pittsburgh or Cincinnati or Milwaukee. They were big market teams. Atlanta didn't want Freddy Freeman anymore, Boston didn't want Mookie Betts anymore, the Angels, the La Angels didn't want sho Heo Tani anymore. And the Dodgers were opportunistic and gave themselves the roster of flexibility to be ready to sign those type of players. It's just that simple. There's a lot of fomo and a lot of regret from a lot of teams out there, especially the ones that let those players get away. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number, Josh in Ontario. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 13: I Josh, Hey Dave.
Speaker 21: First off, I just want to thank you and your team because actually was the winner for the wild card game on game one.
Speaker 2: All right, congratulations, I'm glad you made it.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I just want to appreciate it. I haven't been able to call in, so I just want to give thanks to you. But h this was just honestly, I'm just impressed out of my mind the way Dodgers are playing, because I don't think anybody could say Brewers are gonna get swept, that we were gonna have a three to one series against Phillies, like everybody was saying Game five against Phillies.
Speaker 18: Like it's just honestly, like this whole week that we're gonna get off.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's a topic.
Speaker 21: But nothing gets past this team right now.
Speaker 18: Like they're playing out of their minds right now, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt, and they're well prepared. From Dave Roberts. I haven't had one phone call yet given Dave Roberts his kudos. All regular season long, we had at least one caller that, you know, put down Dave Roberts. At some point, you're going to have to give this man his due, because Dave Roberts tonight with the Dodgers going back to the World Series passed Tommy Lesorda and his only second behind Walter Ralston as a manager, winning five National League pennants. At some point you're going to have to recognize that he has turned into this great manager and a guy that understands the pulse of his team. Everybody wants meetings. He had meetings, He had hitters meetings, he had bullpen meetings, and he had a team meeting and a lot of those meetings sunk in with a lot of players in different ways. How about last year when Tyler Glassnew sim game did not go the way the Dodgers thought it was going to go. A lot of guys were down and thought they were in a bad spot going down the stretch and into the postseason. Dave Roberts felt that and had a meeting and directly called out Walker Buehler to get going on his season. And Walker Bueller responded, he knew which guy to point out, and he knew how he would respond. And looking last year the way things finished for the Dodgers and Walker Buehler, at some point you're going to have to concede Dave Roberts is doing something right here. Eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Also, want to give a lot of credit to the Dodgers advance scouts because they have been deployed across the country to get little things, little tips about these teams the Dodgers are playing. And what separates the Dodgers from other teams is that their coaching staff and their scouting staff is really good at filtering that infram to make it simplified for the players. Case in point. You know in Game one, the one little blemish Blake Snell had in the third inning, Caleb Durbing getting a single off of him and then was promptly picked off. That was a lot of credit to the Dodgers pro scouting staff and to Blake Snell to be able to have the presence of mind in that moment to remember what they told him was a tip on when Durbin is going trying to steal second base, He saw it, he threw over and that was it. He faced the minimum number of batters. So you got to give the Dodgers organization, from Andrew Friedman to the pro scouts, to Dave Roberts and his staff, de know Ebol, Chris Woodward, Mark Pryor, Connor McGinnis. All those guys put in a lot of time. Aaron Bates, Rob van Zoyak, even the bullpen coach Josh Bard a big part of it, Bob Garren. You got to give all these guys a lot of credit for being out here available to work with their superstars and getting the information to them and putting them in the right spot to win. It's the reality. It's what separates the Dodgers, from the Yankees, from the Red Sox, from the Phillies, those things. All these teams have talent, they have big payrolls, but they don't have the superstars that put in the work day in and day out, five hours every day before the game starts. Mookie Bets, Freddie Freeman, Andy Pa Haz They're all out here. Can't say that about a lot of these other teams. Eight six six, nine, seven, two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Baldwin Park Oscar. Thanks for being patient. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing Oscar day?
Speaker 13: That say? What brother doing?
Speaker 2: Great to hear from you?
Speaker 13: Yeah, Man, Hey, bro, Hey all tani, Hey, what'll there to say?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 13: Greatest performers I've ever seen? We won't We've alas seen anybody's seen in our lifetime. You know, there's not much said about that. And you know I'm gonna be the first. I'm give Roberts's credit. Man, he does get bagged down a lot. And you know, Dave Robertson, he's a good manager. And I think I think we're seeing now he's in he's in his prime of managing. Now heos comfortable. He's his guys, go his pictures. Go and this team right now. I caught him Scandia, I was signed case. I compare this the great thing I see the Lakers of the early two thousands, Shack and Kobe when they got they won the first one. The second year they kind of came back, you know, they it wasn't a good year, but they got hot at the end. They went on that run in the playoffs and then they want you know, they probably shockedkobeh probably want four more whatever, a few more. But I compare them to that team. You know, they get to this one, they've maybe going to run with. They went four or five and six years like that.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 13: But I do all my Dodgers, all the Dodger homies out there, and hey man, it's our to win. Is I don't see Seattle Toronto being this team to beat at Rose the start of two days earlier. They're two earlier. But amen, maybe not to be stopping this season. We're gonna get it, man. So we're back to back. So that's all I got, man, I'm good. Neither say keep up to good work too, Homi doing good out there, Keep up to good work.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Oscar, I appreciate the encouragement. Eight six six ninety eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. And look, we are looking at possibly the greatest teams in Dodger franchise history last year and this year's team with a lot of the same players that will be back for a reunion. If they can win this championship, they would go down as the greatest teams in Dodger history to win back to back championships. And look, I'm not going to say they're sweeping Seattle or Toronto, but if somehow, some way they do, they would join the five White Sox and the ninety nine Yankees for only losing one game in the postseason. Those teams were eleven and one the Big Red Machine in nineteen seventy six, where it was win your division and then be able to head to the LCS and then the World Series. They were undefeated seven to zero. But this team would have the most postseason wins to get to a championship with them having to play that extra Wildcard round and sweeping those two games against against the Reds. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Todd and Calabasas, who's been holding for a while. Hi, Todd, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: Okay, So as a great a to BA Dodgers fan, they are very healthy right now. Everybody's firing on full cylinders. The one star who wasn't had an incredible game tonight like we've never seen before. The only thing I'm worried abuse. I think they're going to blow through the World Series and kill whoever makes it through. I think it's be four zero, four to one something like that. So if they do that, is this going to cause a problem in twenty twenty seven when there's the labor talks And this season, especially this postseason, might be cited as an example as to why there needs to be a salary cap.
Speaker 2: I read Jeff Passing's story as well, and if that's the reality around baseball, it's ridiculous. And look, was anybody talking about that when the Yankees won three in a row in ninety eight, ninety nine, and two thousand. Maybe they tweak the luxury tax and you know, just some of the penalties of going over the luxury tax since then. But the Dodgers are good for baseball. I'm sorry the Dodgers, the Yankees, the Red Sox, the Cubs. When they're winning, it's good for baseball. Do you really believe people would have interest in the World Series if Milwaukee and I played in the World Series this year?
Speaker 18: Todd, Well, obviously, the Dodgers, I think, you know, I agree with you.
Speaker 6: They're good for baseball, and I love watching this team. And of course in the twenty tens, when they weren't winning World Series, they weren't spending as much money as they could have. In fact, it was disappointing to me that they didn't spend as much as they could and they were succeeding on the backs of a lot of players who did not cost very much at all, guys like Max Munsey. So I don't feel guilty at all as odderstand that they are doing as well as they are. Just my uh, I'm just concerned of what might happen in the future. That's the one downside to them just blowing through the postseason here and going something like, yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna try to They're going to try to change the rules to make it more difficult for the Dodgers to succeed. But here's the catch. They have the most unique player with the most unique contract. There's nothing anybody can do to change the fact that Shoho Tani structor structured his contract in a way that allows the Dodgers to go out and sign other players because he's only making two million dollars. That's the reality of what's on the books. Yes, the Dodgers do have to pay him, and they will, but it's the third and right now. The reality is it's two million dollars on the books. There is nothing anybody can do to change that contract. So that's what makes it so unique. And the reality is the Angels could have had this contract structure, they could have had that player, and they passed on it. So there's nothing anybody can do to change the uniqueness of the construction of this team because of that player. Thank you for the phone call, Todd. It's so ridiculous. It's so ridiculous. There are so many other teams that spend a lot of money that have high payrolls. The Mets did it work for them? It did not. There was a time where we had the Diamondbacks and Rangers. Not so long ago, the Cardinals were going to the World Series the Dodgers were not there. This is just a new narrative to try to, I guess, to warn people that there may be some changes to try to alter the way the game is played and structured for big market teams. But if baseball is smart, you're not going to change anything. You want these teams to be good. You want these jewel franchises to be good because it brings interest to the game. It's going to be bring interest to the World Series again that the best team in baseball has the best player and a transcendent player like sho Hao Tani on its biggest stage. Eight six six nine eight seven, two five seventy is the phone number. We have a full border calls. We will get to you. We're gonna take a time out our first one and check in with Jose Mota as well. Dodgers are headed back to the World Series and it's a great thing for the city of Angels and Dodger fans all across the globe as they sweep the Brewers and are headed back to the Fall Classic for the second straight year. Show Hey Otani ten strikeouts and six scoreless sinnings, and oh, by the way, he hit three home runs. One of them went over the right field pavilion roof. Dodgers beat the Brewers five to one on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, hand on the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 2: So Oltani has to take time. He steps back in.
Speaker 6: One ball, in two strikes, the big Righty McGill sets on the mountd here's the pitch, and Ol'tani drives one cleft center field.
Speaker 1: Dig You done, show Hey old Tani, the stuff of.
Speaker 2: Legend Rick Monday is not easily impressed. He was impressed tonight. Him and Steven Nelson admitted they were even fans tonight watching three home runs in a game that saw show Hey Otani lead the way on the mound and at the plate ten strikeouts and six scoreless sinnings and three home runs, including one that cleared the right field roof to lead the way to a Dodgers victory. In Game four, the NLCS over the Brewers by a final score a five to one. Yes, your Dodgers are headed back to the World Series. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. Go to AM five to seventy LA sports dot Com use the keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jeweler's gift card predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. We'll get back to your phone calls in a moment. We'll hear from Mookie Betts, but first.
Speaker 5: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mota.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota has broadcast every single one as show Haled Tawi's games in Major League Baseball. Jose, did you believe he had this in him tonight?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 18: And no no, because I mean after Miami, you go, wow, is there more in that tank? You know, six for six and three home runs Anton Rbi and you go, But it's just amazing to me what he does. It's just what he does is just not human. And but for show, I know one thing too is and his mind was more actually based on pitching tonight, Dave. And you're right about the comments earlier, as Freddie Freeman told you, because I know he did not want to be the missing link or the weakest link in this rotation. So think about that in a way, okay, in a way, the pitching side kind of off senses his hitting side and takes some pressure off of that because he comes to stress on one thing. It's not just about the at paths. It's about the guys on the mound in front of me. Snell Yamamoto last had done a great job. I need to do the same thing. And by the way too, I'm not going to be upstage, so I can also do about So how about three home runs? Not surprised?
Speaker 2: I mean which home run? Well? Number one? We talked about this when Schworber hit that home run off of Yamamoto in the NLDS that you remember seeing Willie Stargel doing and your dad remembered that as well. I mean that one when it goes over the pavilion. You have to take a double take, don't you that it actually cleared that roof? Did you? Could you see it clean? That it went over the roof.
Speaker 18: I'd be lying to you what I knew was would not land with the fans, and I just my call was pretty much, where's this gonna land? And after that, I'm like it covered everything. It just went over everything. It's just where's the baseball? And to have that type of leverage on that to a pitch eighty nine down an end with a smooth swing. By the way, where as you and I have talked to me Moore about he brought a different club today and was it the big club or you know, the driver, it was a little three wood that he was able to go out there and just put the best swings together, compacted and hit the ball with such authority. But my goodness, so you had that top of backspin on a ball like that. It's just amazing and just continues to show us this guy is truly an absolute beast when it comes down to coming on the field under the big lights.
Speaker 2: Jose Mode is joining us after the Dodgers sweep the Brewers in the NLCS and are headed to the World Series. When you look at this rotation, Jose, the way all four of these guys are pitching at the right time. Have you ever seen a rotation hit on all cylinders the way these four guys are doing at the right time.
Speaker 18: At least in my broadcasting days. No, even as a fan, I never saw that. And you were talking about the comparisons with John Spoltzen. I mean, what the difference with those guys is they did it for a very long time, you know, and that's that's you good appreciate. But now consider that Molta I never made more than twenty six stars in Japan. He made thirty this year. He was hurt last year, he was, you know, kind of a question mark going to last postseason. He answered the belt right.
Speaker 13: And then when you.
Speaker 18: Consider the way the way the Dodgers treated these injuries, it's also fascinating because they're never pushed to say this guy needs to be back on this date for us to.
Speaker 2: Have a chance.
Speaker 18: It was pretty much we believe in our depth, Dave Roberts. Medical staff coaches understand along with the minor league staff what they needed to bring in to plug those holes. Now the young players get an opportunity while the other ones wait. Now, when the younger players respond, it makes it a lot easier for the guys that are coming back to say I don't need to be rushed or I don't need to push it, because at least the team's maintaining their position right now. So, David, it's just a combination of things that the Dodgers have found a formula for that. I know is it's envy sometimes around baseball, and it's not based only a money decisions or resources. It's people with hearts that understand that the game is still being played, not by robots or machines or on a computer or laptop, is being played by human beings and even insect those human beings. And now this rotation the way you see it, it's understanding where these human beings were, what they needed to do in order to be stronger and pushing back a little bit more because you know at some point you're going to be the best team matter what.
Speaker 2: All right, Jose Motor, Let's look ahead here. The World Series Game one will not begin until a week from tonight, whether it's here in la or in Canada in Toronto. What do you think about how these this next week works for the Dodgers or works against the Dodgers having this much of a layoff between series. They went from the regular season into the Wildcard series, which we all agreed was the best for this team. How about now having a week off.
Speaker 18: I think the little reset comes at a right time because this is a team that cannot have this happened Dave in my opinion, early in the postseason, this team continued and they needed to continue to play to find this identity I have today. This doesn't leave you. You know who you are, you know what's coming. You know you're the last team standing in the National League. You know the opponents that are coming, and you got to go out and just keep your mind set and focus and understand what your body needs at this point is not a little extra hitting. It's just to maintain where you are. But there's nothing compared to when the bell rings, it's the World Series. Competences are going to take over. Even though you might be auto a little bit more timing ones and things like that. This team knows and they understand when needs get ready because they're full of veterans and young players that really feed off of each other and not basing only on what's happening now, but also what's going to happen in the future, which is be ready when the bill rings. Because the other teams, I'm gonna care whether you off or not.
Speaker 2: Who do you believe matches the best against the Dodgers. Is it the Blue Jays or the Mariners.
Speaker 18: They just had a great series against the Mariners, and you know that could be a little deceiving. I would say they match up best against the Mariners because of Toronto and what they can do. Obviously, Mariners have very good pitching. But these two teams, you got to respect the way that they responded here. Nobody expect their Mariners to be out there and keep banging the ball the way they are right now. But you know what Dave as I said, was since the Mets back then, whoever comes, I know the Dodgers will have an answer for him, and I hope that it becomes one of the most globally watched World Series ever.
Speaker 2: That would be amazing. They got the best player on the planet on the biggest stage. That is only good for the game and the popularity of baseball. Jose, awesome night. Great to have you back out here again and be able to be on this ride with us. And we'll see you a week from tonight Game one of the World Series.
Speaker 18: Time tonight. Sah yo, not a baby, no doubt, there it goes.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota part of the Dodgers Spanish radio broadcast. All three home runs right there in English and in Spanish, and of course NHK Japanese being broadcast back to Tokyo, Japan. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to the phones again. Ira Craig in Long Beach. You're on Dodger Talk with Dave Advt.
Speaker 22: Say how you doing, Craig, Davy, I'm doing great, man, I am doing great. The game, man, just history made. I mean, we're going to look back at this. People are going to look back at this in twenty thirty fifty years and say, you know, that was gained.
Speaker 3: For the eighties.
Speaker 23: I mean, the guys just fu stud I mean that home runs we did out of the park. You know, Willie Stargule, he did it twice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right. But you know, after all that, I feel like the most impressive part of this most impressive performance from Otani was the fact that he strikes out the side in the first inning and then leads off the bottom of the first inning with a home run. To me, that is just as impressive as anything we saw, including him hitting the ball out of the ballpark. This guy just struck out the side and then leads off, puts on his gear and homers. I mean to me, that was the most impressive part of just the two way player and sensation that he is. Let's go out to Indianapolis, Indiana. Jack listening on the iHeartRadio app. You're on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Jack, I'm doing great.
Speaker 13: Thank you for taking my call.
Speaker 18: I listened to you on the Tim Conway show, Ding Dong.
Speaker 2: Jack appreciate that.
Speaker 13: Yeah, a big fan.
Speaker 11: Hey reiterate what you said earlier.
Speaker 18: Dave Roberts to be the manager of Dodgers as long as he wants job.
Speaker 2: Right. Nobody seen when the Dodgers win, Nobody calls and says, you know what, Dave Roberts. He really did a great job tonight. He really did a great job this series. All I hear is his complaints about Dave Roberts. At some point you have to concede he's doing something right and he's a big part of the Dodgers' success.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and the Dodgers had a long history of solid managers, and he's fit right in.
Speaker 13: With the names of Austin and Lasorda and those guys.
Speaker 2: Well, his name is right there with those two. With the success he said, no doubt. Thanks for listening, Jack, appreciate it. Let's go back out across the country to Tennessee. Robert, thanks a lot for being patient. You're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 11: Oh thanks Dave, third time calling in. Appreciate you taking the call. The you know, I gotta say, regardless of o'tawne's personal performance and magical as it was, and I've been a Dodger fan for fifty five years, never seen anything like this in baseball history. If there was a way to actually give the MVP Award, I would want to give it to the entire team, the coaching staff, I mean, the defense, what Munsey did, what Mooki did, that double play ball from Kiki today fantastic And whoever decided to have Otani take BP on the field.
Speaker 2: That was I could tell you whose idea that was. It was sho Hey Otani's idea. I asked Freddy Freeman before the game went. We were talking about a lot of different things, and I was curious, when did you find out he was taking BP? He said. I ran into Otani and he said, I'm taking BP because I'm not very good at baseball jokingly right there. So, yeah, it was Otani's idea to take batting practice on the field.
Speaker 11: Well, that was miraculous because it obviously changed up everything. And you know, I'm with you. Roberts needs a lot of credit. And somebody else that doesn't get enough mentioning credit is Mark Pryor. He is a fantastic pitching coach. He really knows these guys.
Speaker 2: He has to juggle so many different personalities and high maintenance schedules with Sasaki, with Otani, with Yamamoto. He really is. And Connor McGinnis are two of the most unsung heroes on this coaching staff for sure. Thanks for the phone call, Robert, appreciate you listening. Gotta move on. We got a full board of calls. People are still very excited about their Dodgers headed back to the Fall Classic for a second consecutive year. How could you not be. The Dodgers not only have dominated the postseason by only lose one game. Let's go through it. They beat the Reds in the Wildcard Series two games here at Dodger Stadium. They go to Philadelphia, win the first two games on the road, and then dispatch of the Phillies in four games. And here they are in the NLCS, going up against the team with the best regular season record, and the number one seed in the National League postseason. They go to Milwaukee and then beat them twice in their own house to set up this sweep. And after the Brewers couldn't win a game with the Shadows yesterday and Jacob Mizarowski on the mound, you knew today was a formality. You knew Otani was going to come out at the very least and put up a zero for five or six innings. But for him to pitch six scoreless innings, have ten strikeouts and allow just one hit and then hit three home runs. I mean, this guy went from everybody you know taking shots at him for not being a good hitter in this year's postseason to the NLCSMVP. I had a vote for the NLCSMVP. I was leaning towards Snell Zilla before today. You know, there really was no clear cut guy. You might have said, split it up between Snell and Yamamoto, But then you have a performance like this in a game that sent you to the World Series. After yesterday's triple, there's just nobody that can compete with this type of player. When he hits three home runs and strikes out ten and six shutty, come on, it's just another world. It's video game stuff. Like Rick Monday suggested, let's go out to Culver City, a very loyal Dodger fan who never lost faith, the one and only Kevin in Culver City.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Kevin, David, my man, let me tell you something you knew.
Speaker 20: I was always calling this show trying to get Blake snail Zilla here. That's your guy. That was a huge effort performance, he had said in the tone. Remember that Brewers team scored seven runs against the Cubs in one inning. They were on fire, and he set them down and he just put the fear in them that they couldn't hit our pitching staff. Now, let me say something about this man, Showy Showtime Otani with the man Magic Johnson there watching the game tonight. This was one of the best epic performances not only in baseball history, but sports history, sports playoff history. Tonight, this was Kobe and Shaky out of youth against Portland in Game seven. It had that Showtime luster. Every home run, the fans were elevated. It was on that level, that magnitude.
Speaker 13: And let me tell you something.
Speaker 12: You could just feel it.
Speaker 20: You can see that, you can see that the start them in it in that home run. Now, what Shoy did was you're talking about three home runs after intent strike outs in one game.
Speaker 3: That is legendary.
Speaker 20: Dave Roberts challenging Phil Jackson, pat Riley, Yes, this was showtime and Magic will tell you the same thing. And I'm gonna tell you another thing too. This man showing a showtime Otani. I put him on the Mount Rushmore with Kobe and Magic in this town, in Kareem and Shack. I put him up there because.
Speaker 13: I knew he would deliver.
Speaker 3: And that man delivered.
Speaker 20: When they talk about the documentary of the back to Back Dodgers, they're gonna talk about him taking bad and practice. But on the field, you're gonna be a part of that. David and this team, we're battle tested. If you want to play Seattle will play them. It's gonna play Toronto, will play them. Because nobody's gonna have the will to win this world series like we will because we are built for this. And in the words of Magic Johnson, back to back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go Dodgers, love it.
Speaker 2: Kevin, thank you for the phone call. Couldnt in the half said it better myself? Uh yeah, I agree with you. This is one of those games in an iconic career with an iconic player in Sho Heotani. And if you remember those Shaq and Kobe teams when they won their second straight championship, they only lost one playoff game, and right now these Dodgers have only lost one playoff game. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Can't forget about Mookie Betts. Mookie Betts has been a big part of the Dodgers' run since the beginning of September. Remember his season, where it started and where it's at right now. He changed his entire season because he never gave up on his season and he knew the Dodgers would be playing deep into October and they needed him to turn it around. Had a chance to catch up with Marcus Linn Betts in the celebration. How proud are you of the season you've had and the scrup has had so far? You know the boys, that player Rady.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm just proud that I was the wan to help help the boys as a team.
Speaker 2: You know, we had our ups in our nails and yeah, you're a little too dry right now, Mookie.
Speaker 7: You know everybody we're playing good at the right time, and but we still have four more.
Speaker 11: Wins to go.
Speaker 4: Rookie, yesterday you said Jordan hadn't showed up yet. Do you think show Hey, Jordan showed up tonight. He showed up tonight, you know, assuming it's left and the fourth and uh he took the ball and told us a.
Speaker 15: Good out of the way.
Speaker 2: And uh, I'm glad. I'm glad I was able.
Speaker 4: To Winness kooky, You guys are four wins away from separating yourselves from every other Dodger team went back to back championships.
Speaker 2: Can you taste it that it's that close? I mean yeah, I mean you can taste it. But you got to make sure we stay hungry, you know, make sure we stay hungry, rest up for this week, and be ready to go. Do you enjoy this? Absolutely?
Speaker 15: Always?
Speaker 2: It never gets old. Thanks Marky, Pooky, Marcus Hooky, call of the whatever you want to collident about it, I'll call you mtang.
Speaker 15: Hey.
Speaker 2: That's what's special about this Dodger team. Otani could be that guy for the Dodgers. It could be Freddy Freeman. On another night, it could be Mookie Betts. All of these guys are capable of having huge impact on games, obviously not like this one tonight. But you know, I have a feeling that even Mookie Betts kind of was sending out a message challenging Otani last night when he was saying, we're doing this without Jordan's showing up. And I'm sure Otani heard that as well, because after Mookie stopped with us, he went on to the national television set with Pedro Martinez and the crew of TBS and he said it again. You're telling me that Otani did not see that, and he did not want to let his teammates down. He has such great accountability to his teammates, more than anybody else, and he showed up and showed out for them. Tonight. Eight sixty six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. The Dodgers are on their way back to the Fall Classic. Let's get some divine intervention again, Father Gary in Burbank, How you doing, Father Gary? The Dodgers delivered, and I'm sure Broadway is bright tonight.
Speaker 17: Mister Vasa, we got a little watch party going over there.
Speaker 15: Day.
Speaker 17: Dodger, Dodger, Dave, Dave, Dave, listen real quick, I'm with my buddy, shir Uh, I want to say something. I saw something tonight that.
Speaker 8: We've never seen before. There's something that we're never going to ever ever see.
Speaker 17: And if the guy can make this happen, then I'll be really impressed. But see show Hail Tani pitched to show Hailkhani. That would be an amazing thing to see.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know if he could do that in the simulator machine that they have in the die your batting cage. That's as close as he'll get to hitting off himself.
Speaker 16: Dave.
Speaker 17: I think the man can walk on water.
Speaker 8: I would know, let's see.
Speaker 2: All right, Wow, that says a lot from you, father Gary.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, take care of this. I had my boys for me.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, boys, see you later. Have a good time.
Speaker 13: Wow.
Speaker 2: A priest saying that Otani can walk on water, how about that? That'll do it for us. I think that that's how we walk it off right there. It was an incredible night, a historical night, one of those games that if you were listening, you'll never forget where you were when you were listening. If you were here at the stadium tonight, you'll never forget it. And if you're at home watching it, You'll never forget who you were with watching that game. And something I'll never forget. It's one of those surreal games that you can't believe took place. One man striking out ten batters and six scoreless innings and then hitting three home runs to send the Dodgers the World Series and a clinching game. Just unreal. And these four starting pitchers are going to go down in history as the greatest four man rotation in Dodger playoff history if they can get the job done. Jobs not finished. They got four more wins to go. Game one of the World Series, whether it's Toronto or Seattle, will be a week from tonight. We will have it for you exclusively on Dodgers Radio and five to seventy LA Sports. The Dodgers will have home field advantage if the Mariners can close it out. If somehow, some way the Blue Jays force Game seven and win that, then the Dodgers would not have home field advantage. They would open up in Toronto a week from tonight. So from my point of view, i am a Mariners fan. Let's have the Mariners come back all the way back to the West Coast. And open up at Dodgers Stadium for Game One of the World Series from tonight. Coming up next week, we will have Dodger talk shows for you. We'll have full coverage with Tim Kats and Steve Sachs beginning at six am on Monday morning, Rogan and Rodney, Petros and Money. We got it all for you, wall to wall coverage of Otani, Mookie, Freddie and the rest of the Dodgers on their way to what I believe will be back to back World Series Championships for the first time in Dodger history. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank Studios, Thanks to Dwayne McDonald out here at Dodger Stadium, and thanks to you for listening. Thanks for the crew at sports Net LA for having me part of their celebration coverage as well, and thank you for listening and being part of it as well. In case you missed any of it or you want to relive those celebration interviews, you can find them all on the iHeartRadio app. You can follow me on Instagram at the at A five ASSA and on x at the Real Underscore DV so that's where you find all of your Dodger coverage once again, the final score front Dodger Stadium. In Game four, the NLCS the Dodgers, behind an incredible performance from sho Heo Tani, beat the Brewers five to one and sweep their way back to the Fall Classic. Have a great rest of your night. We'll talk to you next Friday when the World Series begins. Have a great rest of your weekend. See y'all. Let's just stand