Speaker 1: Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 2: Bailey and I are in the era of dating right now, and I saw this that there's a pandemic in dating right now and I would like to discuss ooh. So basically it says that dating isn't broken and just one city or within a community.
Speaker 3: It's like more of a bigger cultural thing.
Speaker 2: So it starts off with talking about the half interest era. It says we're living in a pandemic of half interest. Everyone is kind of talking, sort of seeing each other, keeping it casual, yet everyone is still craving deep connection in a world full of almost pretending to be intimate. And then there's also the unhealed people and the avoidance. Everyone wants emotional safety, but if you don't how to offer it back. And then you add in the ghosting, the orbiting. I guess orbiting is kind of like where you circle around people but you don't actually fully commit. The bread coming and all of that stuff. And then the over stimulation and replacement culture, which I think is probably the worst right now when it comes to dat because there's just so much access. There's so many options. You can hop on a dating app, and if you're not like super interested, in someone, but you're still seeing them. You can still go on a dating app and then find someone else and then start dating them too, while the other person might not know that you're doing that.
Speaker 3: So you know, like when.
Speaker 2: Things get hard, they're like, oh, let's replace, distract, swipe again, is what it said. Yeah, so I'm curious, Bailey, because I mean, I know you're now seeing regular guy, regular guy, more regular.
Speaker 3: Sure do you feel like this fits?
Speaker 2: Would you say that there is an issue with dating and that it's a quote unquote pandemic right now?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I would.
Speaker 5: I mean, this was like my year of dating, So I dated seven different guys this year, which sounds like so many but also not a lot, just going on either first dates or multiple dates or whatever.
Speaker 4: And I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like the my point of view of it is I would go on a date with one guy, he would not be perfect, and I would just be like, well, I guess this is why I'm going to get because you would just think that the perfect one's not out there, so I guess this is what I'm going to get. And then when that one didn't work out, I would compartmentalize and I'd be like, Okay, he no longer exists. Now I will date this man and he's not perfect, but I guess that's all the men now, none of them are perfect whatever, So I kind of like have a I guess, a very ere.
Speaker 4: Viewpoint of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I definitely the whole like half half committed. But also that's for me too, Like I'm also half committed, because like, who's to say you're the right one if I've dated a billion people in my life and none of those people have been the right one either, you know, right.
Speaker 2: And so obviously I started dating again this year and did not think that that would ever be a part of my life again after being in a very long relationship. Yeah, and I did have to relearn the fact that, like, you don't fall for someone right away.
Speaker 3: Usually you have to give.
Speaker 2: Someone a chance and you have to build a relationship because I would say that when you're first going out on dates, you don't show your true self necessarily. You're a little timid, You're not like as jokey, maybe you put on more of a perfect face than who you actually are.
Speaker 3: You're not as silly of a goose. Maybe maybe you are Bailey, but I'm not.
Speaker 2: I like probably don't feel as comfortable to be that person, So I feel like you have to give it more time. And I also remind myself that the last person I did date for a long time, I did not like him at all for months, Like when we ever first started dating, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Like him at all. I was like, I'm not interested in this person.
Speaker 2: So I feel like, if you're out there dating right now, give people a chance more so and stop just like hopping on a dating app and swiping right away just because your date was kind of me.
Speaker 3: Maybe give them a little bit more of a chance.
Speaker 5: Unless they're obnoxious and disgusting and you're not interested, you know, right.
Speaker 2: Off the bad don't agree on some pretty big thing, Yeah, get rid of them. But if it was kind of just like eh, let it build at least a little bit before you start going after someone new.
Speaker 3: That's my opinion.
Speaker 5: Per since I was a high school kid, my grandma would always give the same advice, you don't have to marry him, and I think that goes either way. You don't have to marry him, you don't have to marry her. You don't have to marry whomever. If you go on one date with them, you don't have to marry them right period.
Speaker 4: Just why don't you go test it out see if you like it.
Speaker 5: If you don't, you fine, If you do, you still don't have to marry him, you don't.
Speaker 2: I feel like if Dave was in the dating era right now, you would be swiping the left and right. He'd be like, I don't know which one means swipe. There's grinder. I think you'd like. Yeah, you probably really like grinder.
Speaker 1: I mean, plenty of boys on my own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, where do you go?
Speaker 1: Bus station?
Speaker 6: The bus station because they're transient, they're in and out of town, they're on their way to Cleveland. They don't want a long term relationship. They just want a hommy and by the dumpster.
Speaker 5: You can't dumpster.
Speaker 1: No, we're not going to have a long relationship. It's a hommy by the.
Speaker 2: Dump David that it feels like a lot of work for them to just like get up and leave that, Like, I'm sorry, go put.
Speaker 4: Your nose in the corner, Dave, and they'll think about what.
Speaker 3: You banned from this conversation. Once again, trying to help out, try to be I.
Speaker 2: Did have a I want to hear though, because Bailey, if you're willing to share. You did have another date with regular guy last night?
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 4: I did have another date with regular guy last night.
Speaker 5: We went to go see Jesus Christ Superstar at the ord Way, which was his first professional production that he's ever seen, and it was very woo woo.
Speaker 4: It was very contemporary, but.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 4: I liked it. I think he liked it. We'll see.
Speaker 5: But then we also went to the Saint Paul Grill beforehand for cocktails, beer and calamari. And I will say something I do like about regular guy is he's always paying for everything unless I force it. So if we go to like get beer at a brewery or something, and he just paid for a bunch of food, I'll be like elbow so I can pay for his one beer.
Speaker 1: Touch tongues last night.
Speaker 4: No, we didn't touch tongues las night. We were out, like out, we were out.
Speaker 3: Did he pick you up?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Because we were like in public. We're in a parking garage.
Speaker 6: Don't make out while you're sitting there at the ord Way. It's like him off, no drive together.
Speaker 5: No, because he lives he lives very east and I live very west. So we met at Okay at the ordway that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll be back in a minute.
Speaker 6: From kd WB the Day Ryan in the morning Show, We're gonna do a Christmas wish coming up in a second, So hang on for Christmas wish. We love doing these. We got more Christmas wishes every day, all for almost another two weeks. Not quite another two weeks, but almost so. More Christmas wishes, including one next on kd W.
Speaker 1: Believe in the Magic of the Holidays, Dave Royan Christmas wish.
Speaker 6: Before we get started and introduced our wisher. I get a check in with our boy Brandon from College muscle Movers. He what did you bench yesterday? You were down at Snap Fitness and didn't you bench like two eighty yesterday?
Speaker 1: Brandon? Is that what it was? Okay? Thought?
Speaker 6: So yeah, I'm making up numbers. I don't even know if that's good. Is that a good number to bench?
Speaker 1: Jenny?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 1: Ye Is it? Okay? People?
Speaker 6: I was bragging to Jenny the other day at Snap I was doing seventy pound lawnmowers. You know what a lawnmower is, Brandon?
Speaker 1: Don't?
Speaker 6: Okay, that's where you never mind. We'll talk about this l now the dance move. Okay, So Brandon is from College muscle Movers. Brandon, what city are you in this morning?
Speaker 1: I'm no deal today?
Speaker 6: Where what is your scope? Where does college muscle Movers go to? Can you move anywhere in Minnesota or what's your limit?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: We can even go to our neighbors in Wisconsin and Iowa and the Dakotas even Oh wow.
Speaker 3: You hit the hole Midwest.
Speaker 6: Then very good. Thank you Brandon for doing what you do. He's delivering the wish and also is our backup in case our wish e does not answer the phone. Let's meet our wisher this morning. Hi Tara, Hi, you've been listening to KWB for a long.
Speaker 4: Time, A long time.
Speaker 1: Did you used to call in and request songs?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What did your request? You remember?
Speaker 4: Uh? I think sound Garden or something?
Speaker 6: Wow, choice and you sit on your bedroom floor with your cassette recorder and the DJ would talk over the song. Yeah great, the words done that too, I did that too. Tara is doing a Christmas wish for Kobe. How do you know Kobe?
Speaker 10: So, Kobe's my brother in law. He is the boyfriend on my sister that passed away.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotchah.
Speaker 6: We're gonna call Kobe and talk about your Christmas wish and what we can do for Kobe and four kids, four little kids like seven and under.
Speaker 4: Fifteen, another eleven, two and two.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna call Kobe right now.
Speaker 6: Jenny's making the phone call and we will pick up and put Kobe.
Speaker 1: On the air.
Speaker 6: He does not know exactly what's going on, but he's waiting for a phone call from somebody who's making a delivery.
Speaker 1: Yes, literally, yeah, he literally is Hello, I'm calling for Kobe. Please.
Speaker 6: Hey, Kobe, It's Dave Ryan on the radio over at kd WB. Can I talk to you about something good for a minute?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 6: Okay, good Kobe. I'm here with your in law Tara. Tara say hi to Kobe. Hey Kobe, Kobe, would you have any idea why we're calling you this morning?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Not really?
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, Katie Able to Be does something that we're really proud of every year called Christmas Wish, where we ask people to tell us about a family that has struggled and has faced some really challenging circumstances. And we heard from Tara about your situation. And Tara wrote in a letter to tell us about your situation. And I know you've got kids in the background, You've got stuff going on, but if you can, can you do you have a few minutes to listen to Tara read this letter?
Speaker 1: Kobe? Sure, okay, whenever you're ready.
Speaker 4: Tarah, all right, let's see if I can make it through without crion. I understand that, all right. So, my sister.
Speaker 10: Tiffany and I would like to nominate our brother in law, Kobe and his four beautiful children for this Christmas wish. Kobe is the boyfriend of our youngest sister, Tina, who passed away five months ago. Our sister Tina was such an amazing mom to her four kids. She was so selfless for her family and she gave all of herself. Tina struggled for many years with unresolved childhood trauma, untreated mental health, and substance abuse.
Speaker 4: She always put everyone else first to a fault.
Speaker 10: It was almost as if she didn't know how to take care of herself. Tiffy and I prayed for her for many years that she would get the healing that she needed. Since we knew that recovery and healing was possible since we both received it Unfortunately, she never got.
Speaker 4: The help that she needed and continued to.
Speaker 10: Drink until we found out that she had early stages of liver disease, still even knowing that her addiction was so strong that she could not quit. She was hospitalized over the summer in July, and over just a span of a week, she had been placed on life support. We had to decide to take her off of it so she could pass away peacefully. It was one of the hardest things that we've ever done in our life. After this, Kobe became a single dad of four children, ages two, seven, eleven, and fifteen. He tackled getting them into school just a month and a half after she died, getting school clothes, and figuring out how to manage it all. I cannot imagine how challenging it has been for him to navigate this new way of life. He has worked so hard to carry his family emotionally, mentally, and financially, and there is only so much one person can do. Through all of this, Kobe has been the pillar of his four children and has pushed through such a hard time. Kobe, I want you to know that we see you, and we love you, and we are here for you. We think of you as our own brother. I hope that this Christmas the Adams family will experience a brighter holiday season since this is the first Christmas without their mother and girlfriend. And lastly, I just want to say that if you're struggling with substance use out there, there is hope for recovery and to reach out to EOSIS Recovery.
Speaker 6: And we'll get more information about that in a second. I'm so sorry about Tina. There's just an unimaginable loss and that the addiction was so powerful that she knew that it was killing her basically and she just could not stop. Yeah, that had to have been a very hard thing to see somebody.
Speaker 1: You love go through that, Kobe, Yes, it was.
Speaker 6: And now life without Tina, who of course you miss, and four kids? How's that going, Kobe?
Speaker 1: It's the day by day thing.
Speaker 4: Might just take one day at a town.
Speaker 6: M Yeah, struggle, but you know how much your family loves you and how much support you have.
Speaker 10: I hope, yes, I'll do, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: How are the kids doing, Kobe?
Speaker 4: You're good, You're doing the right You're doing good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they miss mom?
Speaker 4: I'm sure, yes, Yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Can't imagine four kids with two parents is challenging. Four kids with just Kobe really challenging. It sounds like you got this though. What's going on now? Are we making breakfast? What are we doing right now?
Speaker 1: Kobe?
Speaker 4: I'm getting kids ready for school, getting ready for work.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, we have some good news for you. With Katie wdb's Christmas Wish, we try to make Christmas a little bit brighter, a little bit easier, give you some things that you might know that you want and some of the things that you didn't know that you needed. So we're going to start off with some things for you to make you and the family, the Adams family, I love that, to make it a little bit easier. We're going to start off with this is very simple.
Speaker 1: Gas. Everybody needs gas.
Speaker 6: Every Christmas Wish from Holiday Station Stores gets one hundred and one dollars Holiday gas card. Every fuel purchased now through December seventeenth, Holiday Station Stores donating a portion to Christmas Wish, so make sure fuel up you do it at holiday. There's some other cool stuff. You got a big family there to feed. We got one hundred dollars Broadway Pizza gift card. Thanks to Sarah everybody over Broadway Pizza. There's more, There's so much more. Two hundred dollars gift card does Saint Paul Tapp Paul Tap. Wow, that sounds awesome. It's over on Jefferson and Saint Paul, Saint Paul Tap dot com. Oil changes from Valveeline. I know these are little things, but let's get to some of the more fun stuff. I mean, they're all fun, don't get me wrong. Two hundred dollars gift card to Dick Sporting Goods, shopping or whatever you want to get down there for you and the kids, new parent Nikes. Three hundred dollars Cub Foods gift card. Do you think that'll come in handy Toobe?
Speaker 1: Definitely? What's your specialty there at the house? Is it mac and cheese? You? What's your specialty? My daughter does the mac and cheese, chicken sportshops.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, you can load up the cart with Cub Foods. We've got a two hundred dollars visa gift card for you and the family that's donated by Plugs Electric and Forrest Lake. They called the other day and they donated a stack of visa gift cards, so safe home. Start at plugs with a z plugselectric dot com. Kalina is your fifteen year old. How's Coleena doing?
Speaker 1: And she's so good.
Speaker 4: She's the one that's most effective because she spent the most time with the mirth.
Speaker 1: But she strong, so she's she's a big help right now too.
Speaker 6: I'm sure we've got some things for Kalina. We've somehow heard she wanted a Vivitar digital camera, so we got her a digital camera. We got a white vanity with chair that is shipping to you. We got a heated blanket because in Minnesota, that's just a good thing to happen. Ulter many black ugs boots they're ordered in shipped to you. Tell me about Kingston. What is Kingston into? He's eleven.
Speaker 1: Kingston is into video games, Roadblocks Fortnight.
Speaker 6: Well, you know you can take that two hundred dollars visa gift card and get him in any events and stuff.
Speaker 1: But if you've also got some ug slippers.
Speaker 6: We've got a Jordan beanie hat and Nike gloves, some other cool stuff Jordan sweatsuits. Cayenne is your seven year old and she's still into little kids.
Speaker 1: Stuff right, Yes, she is. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, we got a Gabby's dollhouse, Gabby's Dollhouse, light up cat ears, and a Squish mellow because kids love that, some Nike stuff and Jordan's banching hat and gloves, just so all the kids get something. Now, I'm gonna guess Cairo two years old, they're probably into bluey am I right.
Speaker 1: Josh, Yes, she loves bluey. Yeah. Two year olds love blue.
Speaker 6: So we got her bluey everything, blue toys, blue pajamas, sweats, jeans, we had here, a dinosaur hoodie, fleece line flannel, blue sneakers, another Sarah sneakers, so when she loses one or whatever, she got another one, a blue Squish mellow, and then some other stuff. We got tickets for you guys to go see the timber Wolves take on the Clippers in Sunday. It's in February, to give us some time to plan for that. And then Treasure Island heard that you could use some new furniture.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 6: Yes, So they said, can we give the family a Treasure Island bonus? We said, yeah, So we've got a check this out, Kobe. It's a two thousand dollars gift card to Slumberland.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, so you can.
Speaker 6: Pick out what department of the furniture store you go into first at Slumberland, I mean couches.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, you know what, Kobe. I know that we can't you know, we can't fix things. But I hope that you feel the love from your family and the people who listen to k w B and work at KBB and all these wonderful people in the community Treasure Island Holiday, just to feel the support. And I wish we could do more. But hopefully this makes a Christmas for you and the four kids a little bit better.
Speaker 5: And definitely does.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it so much.
Speaker 6: Kobe, you take care. There's a guy outside your house named Brandon. He's got a van full of stuff to bring in for the kids. And what I would do is I would sip hot chocolate and watch him work.
Speaker 1: But you know you can. You can do whatever you want to.
Speaker 6: But Kobe, Mary, the merriest of Christmas is possible to you and your four kids.
Speaker 4: And I appreciate it so much. Thank you, guys. Thanks love you. Kobe. You can say goodbye bye.
Speaker 6: Hi, Kobe, you take care. Hey, give the phone number of the recovery place that you work for, Tara, you work there, right, Yeah, I work okay.
Speaker 10: So it's nine to five to two five two two four five seven four eosis recovery okay.
Speaker 1: And so if you are yourself struggling.
Speaker 10: Yep, struggling with mental health or substance use, and you can give that number of calls that and take.
Speaker 6: One and a lot of time people call because it's not them, it's their mom or their sister or their partner.
Speaker 4: Right, you can call it for yourself or someone.
Speaker 1: Else and you can help those people too. Yeah, thanks for what you do.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 11: Amy as a student worker at the college I work at and lost her husband over the summer to a massive heart attack.
Speaker 3: Sorry. She returned to school in the fall because.
Speaker 11: Her only income is the money she gets from financial aid. Her husband passed away at the young age of thirty four. She has a lot on her plate trying to be a single mom and go to school full time.
Speaker 12: I honest stood in trying to believe that, even though it's fun, he'll find me Christmas.
Speaker 13: In September of two thousand and seven, Eric's sept her de seasure and was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. Eric's head and face started to swell rapidly over a two day period, confirming the cancer was becoming more aggressive. We're ready to today in hopes that you'll be able to help grant our Christmas wish for an amazing family, the Stagers.
Speaker 4: I love your time.
Speaker 7: Everyone comes with all this Christmas It's hard.
Speaker 10: This is a thirty year old single mother of three girls. She has done a great job raising the girl by herself and has.
Speaker 14: His main strown through it all.
Speaker 5: In two thousand and three, my mother had this joke and I was able to live her own, so my sister stepped up the kid for my mother so she did not.
Speaker 4: Have to go a nurse at home.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of city we live in where people want.
Speaker 5: To help you out.
Speaker 7: Christmas Cobs no sleep thing, Hodgson.
Speaker 9: Darcy and Paula with their two children, Fox and Iris and Olt River, Minnesota are on the beginning or the middle of October. Fox went into the doctor again. This time he was diagnosed with possible eating disorders. To help with Fox is small size, he will have to take HGH for many years to come. This run's between thirty thousand to thirty six thousand dollars a year. Every two and five year old deserve a Christmas. I hope that you guys will be able to help the special family and make the Christmas wishes.
Speaker 4: I'm true.
Speaker 12: Oh wow, joy once lash.
Speaker 1: That's a.
Speaker 8: Christmas comes to Christmas teaching.
Speaker 6: Time for the Dirt on kd WV. Thursday Night Football is tonay. I just I don't Weeknight football is just the best. I don't even really care about the teams playing tonight. It's Tampa Bay and Atlanta Falcons. But also the Great Christmas Light Fight is tonight at nine o'clock, either eight or nine o'clock on Channel five, so that'll be kind of cool. And I'm still catching up on Pluribus, which is getting more and more awesome as we go.
Speaker 2: Did any of you see that Chloe Kardashian like commented on some super hot biology high school teacher's post. No, so I didn't see exactly that part, but she commented on something and then he I saw the video of him trying to shoot his shot with Chloe, and of course nothing's going to come from it. But this is like going by oh yesterday, and he is very attractive.
Speaker 3: He's like built ripped.
Speaker 2: But he also in his shooting a shot video, you can tell he's so uncomfortable with being on video because he's like, yeah, so I just I figured I and you can tell he's like almost reading a script. So that's probably not gonna happen, but it was enteritating to me.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, Well, Taylor Swift was on The Late Show with Stephen Coleberry yesterday and talked about her engagement and getting her music back.
Speaker 14: Those two things that you just mentioned, right, like getting engaged to the love.
Speaker 4: Of my life getting all my music back.
Speaker 14: Those were two things that just never could have happened. They could have just never happened. It wasn't like, oh, it's just a matter of time. Like both those things could have just never arrived in my life. And I'm so grateful for both of those things happening, you know, and my fans are why I was able to get my music back.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 5: The outfit that she was wearing on Stephen Colbert though, kind of looks like she's in like a maroon bathtub almost. It's very wide around her shoulders and she just looks.
Speaker 4: Nankey nakey woo woo woo. From the boo bup. Honestly, so it's an interesting outfit.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's a good way to wrap up.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. Tomorrow's Friday, We're back with another Christmas wish tomorrow morning, no phone screen or Friday. Check out The Minnesota Goodbye if you haven't listened in a while, or maybe you've never listened. It's an after the show podcast where it's a little more free wheeling and a little bit more I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, let me get to be a little bit more.
Speaker 6: Loosey gooshy with with stuff on the Minnesota Goodbye. Just open up the iHeartRadio app and search Minnesota Goodbye. Have a great day, day warm, and we will see you back here tomorrow on KDWB