Speaker 1: Hey, look at that guy over.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey uh uh Parker. Hello, you and I were partying last night. Were in the meantime, Grim was yelling at the court.
Speaker 2: I'm skirts gotta keep an eye on him. He's ad the camber of court.
Speaker 4: Lot go three for the tie.
Speaker 5: No rebound, tip comes off, it's loose hot potato.
Speaker 2: Back over to Hawsin He'll fire a three with size, get it up, rebound down, kick back.
Speaker 4: Off skirts, a three at a buzzard a tie it now, Mines.
Speaker 2: Where is the basketball game? The Hawk guys? Here's three threes?
Speaker 6: Loop and Minnesota a corpora at the barn for us second.
Speaker 4: Straight home Big Ten game, Golden Gophers seventy haw Guys sixty seven.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, that never gets old. It never does. And it's it's just cool for our fans.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love that they get a chance to celebrate, and you want him to come here and have fun, have a great time in the barn, and that's how you get him back.
Speaker 2: Man, what's going on?
Speaker 7: It's pretty special. Yeah, I mean, you guys got to meet Nico and you got to kind of experience what he's all about. And the fact that you lose two starters. You could kind of mail it in and say, hey, we're not gonna do very well in the Big Ten.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a tough year.
Speaker 7: And now he's got two top twenty five wins, two court storms, and the Gophers are three and one in the Big Ten. Finds himself I think about seventh place right now. It's obviously a tough league. But yeah, just an awesome game. They held Bennett Sturtz, Iowa's best player, he's an All American type player, to zero points in the first half. He ended up having twenty one in the second half, having a wide open look at the time up to send it to overtime. But yeah, you just gotta be You got to be proud of those those seven guys. They're not going very deep in their banks. They're playing seven guys and they found a way to tough it out and beat Iowa at home. At any time you could beat Iowa. It's it's exciting for Gopher fans.
Speaker 8: Did feel like this season was going to kind of be a throwaway season, and so far they got their feet set.
Speaker 2: So let's go, let's overachieve. Why not? Yeah, Yeah, so let's shock some people.
Speaker 7: I think it's cool too, just to see what Nico's doing with what he has right now in seven guys. And now imagine if you can continue to get some more on IL money, you get even better players, you get a deeper bench, and I guess I think this guy's limit there.
Speaker 9: I'm excited. Have you I got a question? Yeah, because I've always been curious. Have you ever been part of a court rush?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: We beat Michigan and Oregon last year at home. Both of them were court rushers. I think both top fifteen type of wins. Dawson Garcia hit a half court shot to beat Michigan, which was awesome, and then Oregon we kind of just dominated them from the jump.
Speaker 2: They were a top ten team, and yeah, it was. It's pretty cool. I know.
Speaker 7: I know a lot of people will say, you beat Iowa, who's nineteenth in the country. Maybe it's not you know, court storm Worthy who cares like, Oh no, That's how I was asking.
Speaker 9: I'm just kind of out of curiosity and pure jealousy because you know, in hockey we don't get any rink storms, you know, so like I just like and I see those in college, and I see in football, like it looks seems like it just be amazing when they happen. Yeah, I mean they could be a little bit maybe crazy, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think the best thing is for the students too, like the kids that are paying the twistion to be there and sit in the crowd and truly be a fan and continuing to show up, and then you finally get something to get happy about and cheerboll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go run out there, enjoy it. Absolutely have fun. We'll throw fun on this show.
Speaker 3: Especially Joe Anderson is the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah on the court. Grope a player, right, park you probably got a growth? Do you get groped? Maybe? I don't know everything everything everything with numb. Yeah, you did almost.
Speaker 3: You almost got group last night because when you hugged must and he was still sitting in the chair. Oh yeah, he turned to me, he goes My eye level was not appropriate. I know, I saw what you were in fairness. If he's standing up, it's yeah, must have sitting down and taking a break.
Speaker 2: Yeah he was.
Speaker 10: He was.
Speaker 2: This news with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 3: That's me and I'm brought to you by Parker Fox and his delightful future in broadcast.
Speaker 1: Oh, we had fun at the party last night.
Speaker 2: We did you were excellent. Oh that was a good bit, right, you're a show stopper.
Speaker 1: Thank you and and uh yeah, it was just good to see.
Speaker 3: Every was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: You and I were the only two there's Parsip Morning Show.
Speaker 7: Did you tell these guys? Did you tell these guys about the Pa and his daughter story?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't even know if you heard it.
Speaker 1: I don't think I did. Know what are you talking about?
Speaker 7: So was Pia's surprise party and his daughter flew in from Colorado, and you know, so Pa is in like you know, there's sixty people around there, so he's in say hi to everybody mode, and his daughter said that he just gave her a side hug like didn't even know she was there, and said thanks for coming and moved out of the next person.
Speaker 3: She didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't even really realize that it was her. Didn't realize because he was just in hug everybody mode.
Speaker 7: And then he finally got through everybody and he's like, holy crap, my daughter's here, Like, say she goes.
Speaker 2: You already said I to me, Dad.
Speaker 11: And the worst part is she probably wanted a photo with him, recognized him it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: He was truly shocked though. You can tell he had no idea what was going on, And I.
Speaker 7: Think that's half the battle, right, He had no idea she was coming like he truly had no idea. There was a surprise party. He was like in some Jim clothes, like prepping for the show, the whole bit, and uh, yeah it was. It was absolute hilarious. So then he finally gets there and he's like, Coli, you're here.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that was great.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't know that, that's all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that hilarious.
Speaker 1: Was a good job. That's fun.
Speaker 3: Here's what's going on in the news, ladies and gentlemen. The head of the world's largest chip maker, which I would think would be like Nibisco, but it's not those kind of chips.
Speaker 1: Navidia.
Speaker 2: Is that what you say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, is calling robots ai immigrants who could solve a worldwide labor shortage that's slowing down manufacturing. Jensen Wang I believe is his last name, the CEO of Navidia, spoke Tuesday at the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas and addressed concerns about machines replacing human workers. He told the audience of about two hundred, that robots will create jobs by doing work on the manufacturing floor, that humans don't want to do it anymore, and that quote. When the economy grows, we hire more people. Navidia is the world's most valuable company, worth about three and a half trillion. That's with a T dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm not a smart man, just above forest. But I don't know how how that would create.
Speaker 10: Jobs quarrelists, I have no idea. It's sounds would be taking away. You've been taking away. But and so I if you don't have a job, how are you gonna have the money to spend?
Speaker 2: And yeah, where it is it?
Speaker 3: But I don't know economics. Yep, I don't understand economic I'm too hungry to understand. I think it's it's not because he couldn't get it to work.
Speaker 2: No, he did.
Speaker 3: He got to work.
Speaker 2: I think he got made that made.
Speaker 1: You know what I say, bring on the robust then who cares? Who came starving.
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: As soon as they invent a sex robot, it's the end of humanity.
Speaker 3: And you know it is, you know it is, you know it is.
Speaker 2: They gotta have versions out there. Well, I mean they are.
Speaker 3: Well, I know what you're saying, what they're doing, because I want mine to be worn in. I mean, you don't want any experienced sex robot.
Speaker 2: It's like yours to be rusty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her name doesn't have to be rusty.
Speaker 2: Robot.
Speaker 3: I certainly would. Yeah, it's over, Johnny. But you know what, guys, what if that happened? You guys got me one for Christmas? Thank you. I appreciate it, and like.
Speaker 2: Uh, setting the seed technically, yeah, I mean we have like eleven months, Yeah, thank you, it's early Christmas President.
Speaker 3: But then like a week later I started coming to you. Guys were like, son of a bitch, this guy is brilliant. And because my mind is clear because I'm not thinking about ass all the time.
Speaker 8: No, it's the opposite, because you're still banging the robot constantly. If you've seen Siginfeld Parish.
Speaker 2: I know you have. When George stands.
Speaker 8: His girlfriend gets mono, so it's basically like this is off the table. He understands absolute zero. He starts figuring out how to speak Portuguese. His mind's clear because it's not an option. Interesting, you would always be like when is the show over. I want to go bang Rusty.
Speaker 2: Five minutes. What time is it? What time? Don't worry Rusty is coming to work. Why does Chris keep going into the empty room that he won't let us in?
Speaker 1: Guys, we're going down to my car.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 2: The robot.
Speaker 12: Just slide the note under the door, like kill me, throw me in a bath, letting me out of there?
Speaker 3: Where's the.
Speaker 2: What I was supposed to be a surprise birthday present? Please put me on a production line somewhere, please Man great for Rusty, Poor Rusty.
Speaker 3: Actor Sebastian Stani sat to join the cast of Batman too.
Speaker 2: Who I don't know who?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you'd know, Yeah you know if you saw, you would know him if you saw.
Speaker 3: It'll be once again Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne Scarlett Johansson, I should say joining the cast in an unknown role. She'll be playing Rusty the robot.
Speaker 8: Well, and Barry Kilgan's back as the Joker. But it was funny how the headlines that he's back as the Joker because he when If you don't see that extended scene, which is awesome, it's the best part of the movie, and it didn't make.
Speaker 2: The movie it's outstanding.
Speaker 8: But his little bonus scene that got cut as the Joker was awesome, awesome if you don't count that though him as the Joker. He's in it for what three seconds right when they flashed to him at the end. Yeah, that's it because that scene technically doesn't count. It wasn't in the movie. No, it's not, so he really wasn't. Saying that he's returning as the Joker is very misleading.
Speaker 3: And this is coming out in twenty twenty seven is good because I heard Pornio it's.
Speaker 1: Putting out one of the phone takes Batman.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you know this or not, but of course you know it, sus, because you've been hired to rewrite the script of butt Man and Throbbin.
Speaker 2: It's funny you bring that up. It is Competer takes a second butt Man and Throbb You are.
Speaker 3: Correct two, which is also known as a good.
Speaker 2: Throbbing, A dark Knight. Family friendly? Are they all family friendly? Because that they aren't getting fired to make them family friendly?
Speaker 3: That's why I heard Portios trying to go clean. But they owned the property to butt Man and Throbbing.
Speaker 2: Yea, and they're trying to make throbbing butt Man.
Speaker 8: No, kid, it's got to be family friendly and clean. So what's the name of it and what's it about the new movie? Yes, the new movie is called Batman and His.
Speaker 2: Partner Okay, and it is star progressive and it's starring James Stewart or Jimmy and Betty Davis.
Speaker 1: The NASCAR driver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Betty Davis in her eyes and uh. They go around town. So iHeart is not using artificial intelligence. No, but we are hiring actors who have been dead for a half a century. Yeah. Interesting, these are different people, just same names. The name understand ye. So Jimmy Jr. Jimmy Junior and Marlon Brando Junior, Davis Junior are they they're all unemployed currently, Betty Davis, Betty Davis, they all are unemployed, but they're all looking for jobs and volunteer work. So they're driving around town and they spot someone robbing a toy store and they walk up to the toy store. They see them. These two gentlemen, Kelly and Orson Wells Junior, have been hanging out all night hiding in this toy store and they're going to steal all the money. When the place closes. So the plot of Roofman and Marlon Brando Junior says, you know what we should do. Let's thwart their efforts. So Marlon Brando throws a brick through the window. The alarm goes, oh no, yeah, you know, it doesn't happened to me yet. Orson Wells comes running down your window, jumps on it, and Paul Newman Jor happened to be hiding in there as well. Wow, they jump out the window. It's the stupid thing. Home Alone too. I'm trying to expect. You said he jumped on the brick. He did for copyright, a brick through a window and Home Alone two yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he throws through the window of the toy store.
Speaker 2: And then you Greta Garbo the eighth walks in. Wow the eighth, It says, if this wasn't family friendly, I would suggest we all do something. But we're gonna start the Peace Corps. And it's actually the story and how the Peace Corps started, very simple story. Every movie is the start of CBS.
Speaker 12: It's the start of Pike's Place margin So we're really we want to show origin stories.
Speaker 2: Ken burns, Yeah, so so what's started again? Corps, The Peace Corps.
Speaker 8: Wow, I've always found this is why I love the plot. I think I'm gonna go see this movie. When when does it come out soon?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Okay, I think I'm gonna go see it because I've always Yeah, one of my favorite things about crime stopping is throwing bricks through windows. Like if I see a crime taking place, I don't call the police. I don't try to just you know, like apprehend the suspect myself. I like to destroy property in the process. I throw a brick through the window to say this will stop him.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, guys, this is incredible. And the nominees, Oh.
Speaker 2: Golden globes of this Sunday, isn't too late? Nope?
Speaker 1: Or the yep Greta Garbo the eighth GG eight.
Speaker 2: Great in Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least she was nominated and that's how she cared. It was an honor for.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Vivian Lee from you Guessed It a street card name to Sier walked in. It was like, I hate the peace part. I'm gonna start World War one. Oh that's how that started?
Speaker 1: Oh no, and is this I'm sorry this is We've moved on from button Man and Throbin two.
Speaker 2: Oh it's the same movie. Oh it's the same movie. Year was this, Yeah, nineteen fifty one, So that's when they started World War One. Well, see that's when the movie came out. It was an origin story about the war. I'm gonna get fired. So so one group wanted to start the Peace Corps.
Speaker 8: The other one wanted to start the First World War in nineteen fifty one is an alternate universe and Michael Jackson's lover, Elizabeth Taylor, she showed up and what did she say?
Speaker 2: Or let me guess, she started burger king. She said, I can't get rid of these crabs. Where's CBS okat Venus Services and said, right this way, you got it.
Speaker 1: You'll bring her which one though?
Speaker 2: The fifteenth?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Oh jbx me Roman numerals? Okay, cool, nice shot. Wow, really really well done. Yes, great film. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's some films coming out.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a sports is next if you guessed it. Meet Sauce and then Parker walks in and he says, I just started the Peace Corps.
Speaker 6: A showdown with Cleveland is on tap this Thursday, as the Wolves look to battle with the Cavaliers.
Speaker 2: Tip off is at seven o'clock. Hatch every shot, every.
Speaker 6: Dunk, and every job dropping play all season on the Timberwolves.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio channel.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Zacho Directo. Yeah, the we'll get into it. I'm sure in sports, but you mentioned the Timberwolves, so we heard it right here on the fan. I believe last night.
Speaker 4: Now Miami, with five seconds left, fires on a free now Ingles will finish it off. Two ninety four new season, the best holding an opponent to ninety four points start dominant performance, a sweep of the heat for the fifth time in eight years.
Speaker 2: Did you see that's all below for the year.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. I thought that was weird too. Ninety four that's the last amount of points we've allowed this year.
Speaker 2: Huh really weird. It's time for Fan five on the power track.
Speaker 4: Got that right?
Speaker 3: D by all Around, your timber Tech dech Building contractor, Thanks all Around, We love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you Parker, your Gopher men's basketball team. What I do something wrong? No? No, you're good, not yet.
Speaker 1: Sorry to know my microsot on I was tuging a to U sweep.
Speaker 2: The Gopher men's basketball team beat nineteenth ranked Iowa seventy to sixty seven for their third Big Ten victory. They are ten and five overall and they have beat two ranked teams this season. They host USC on Friday at seven thirty. Yeah, you packed that place us. Yeah, that's what I was going to say too, that's let's show up. Let's I think Corey, you know this, but in the late nineties you couldn'tet it. You couldn't get ticket to go for basketball. And that's the kind of the era that that Nico Medved was around it. And I think that's what he's trying to restore. That's what he's trying to get back, and I think he's on the right track. It's going to take some time, like continue to be patient, but you're going to really enjoy watching this team play. They had a good USC team coming into town. They were a top twenty five team, had some losses, dropped out of the top twenty five. They've been here for a couple of days already and they're waiting until Friday. One of those road trips where they hit like Michigan and Michigan State and then came here. So they're all of America today or yeah, yeah, go check out the USC basketball team. All they will be on the SpongeBob roller Coaster by about ten to thirty. It's right, is that called again? Was that the rock Bottom plunge bikini? Yeah? You think I didn't know what Mic was on?
Speaker 1: You know it's weird? Is uh strangely enough? You Brenner? The sixth is on the USC basketball.
Speaker 2: Squad right now? Is you guessed it?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Yep. Anyway, the Baltimore Ravens fired John Harbaugh after eighteen seasons. He went eighty and one thirteen overall and won a Super Bowl in twenty twelve. He won the AFC North eight times, and he won thirteen postseason games.
Speaker 9: Crazy to be and that's an amazing I mean, eighteen years with one organization as a professional coach is insane.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you don't sane it very often and usually those guys two decades. Usually those guys leave under there on a corps too. So the fact that he actually got I wonder what that process kind of looked like for their front office, and that what they talked about going forward.
Speaker 8: What do you do out of the four major coaches right now in the men's professional Minnesota sports teams, who has the longest tenure, And I mean I don't mean currently, I mean who's going to have the longest one when it's all done, longer than KOs see yeah Finch really yep?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean it can't be the Twins, No, I mean the wild Movie people too quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, I think hockey coaches don't last super long, even the good ones.
Speaker 2: They don't seem to last super long. Do not? Hockey is there was?
Speaker 4: There was like.
Speaker 2: There is two or three years in a row.
Speaker 9: If you got named coach of the year, you were getting fired the very next year. It was unbelievable backwards. Uh yeah, no, it's uh yeah. The the long tenured hockey coaches is a very very rare thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think Sauce's quick twitch Finch answer is it has to be right.
Speaker 8: So Finch started here in twenty one, koc started with the Vikes in twenty two, so he has to last already one year behind.
Speaker 2: Right. Here's but you're saying you think Finch last the longest. Yeah, I think so got a young star and between the two for sure, right, Yeah, as long as Anthony Everards doesn't go anywhere fingers crossed, do you guys?
Speaker 8: See last night you remember, like last week there was the big hub ub about him leaving with like seven minutes ago. Yeah, you see last night before halftime, with like five minutes ago, he got his I think third foul, left the game and like walk down the tunnel, and a lot of people on Twitter are like, he's doing it again, Like what is he doing? But then before halftime he like re emerged. So I don't know what he did back there, maybe somebody that watched the whole game, because I only caught like three minutes of it, and it was those three minutes. I don't exactly. Maybe he just went to the bathroom but just the fact that he left the bench again, Twitter was like what is he doing?
Speaker 2: And then he was back before halftime. You know the other thing about him that I don't know what happened. Maybe it was a bathroom break. When they do the big revealing, they say, you know, here comes Rudy Gobert, here comes Dusty cow toone the story lineups when they announced that, yes, when they him, he doesn't come out with the team.
Speaker 7: No, why is that he usually doesn't stand out there for the anthemy. He usually stays in the back. Something that I've just noticed. I don't know, maybe it's like a superstitious type of thing or I never really understood that either, because you look across the league like most guys are. I mean, at least when I played, it was like you're excited to be announced, like it's something that's the one time you know your name is gonna get called. You get to get your picture the whole. You know, it's cliche. But I guess maybe he doesn't care about.
Speaker 2: That and he just wants to.
Speaker 9: It's part of the thing, you know, the patentsry the fun of pro sports or college sports.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they put on the big show with the lights. The flames are going, like that's the moment to get you fired up, but flames are calling. Tell me somewhere. Hey, I have a question for you, Core. Even though I think the year twenty twenty six is the year you hate me and run me out of here. Do you think Parish and Hockey can name two heap players of all time?
Speaker 2: Do you no, cat they can two? Yeah? Bet? Well yeah, three? I win to you win, I'll put the number at three. Can they name three? Yeah? I think they can name three. I don't think they can name three.
Speaker 8: Bet you can act. I don't know what the count is. It's like eight or nine, right, something like that. I bet you can act.
Speaker 2: They can name three players from the Heat all the time in I say, yes, you want to bet they can because there's the one that he knows because he like hung out with him once. Yeah, they can. You didn't think they would get two and now you're backing off of three. I remembered one of them that he knows. No, I think they can name God.
Speaker 9: Dang it, well, I hope you know dude, Alonzo Morning. There's one Lebron Jane and two.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I forgot he played there.
Speaker 2: It's two other guys. Think who should have taken this?
Speaker 3: We're going to get this.
Speaker 2: We're going to get it. Yeah, like because the Big three didn't you play in like a londs of Morning sul Yeah, that's sweet guy's name. Like I can't think of his name.
Speaker 1: It's it like Glennie Pippen or something.
Speaker 11: Oh wait, uh, Glennie Pippen the podcast Paris has got. I think the big was Chris Bosh one of them. Yeah, yeah, And I still can't think of the other guys.
Speaker 2: Dwayne Wade that one. There's one.
Speaker 8: There's wait, I just don't believe in the back of even Chris Is mind that Glenn Rice was the Glennie. But Glenn Rice would have been acceptable as well. Is Glenn Rice exactly old school heat player that also was Michigan.
Speaker 2: I think Michigan Glenn Rice player. Off start on Saturday with the Rams at the Panthers at three point thirty. The Rams are ten to ten and a half point favorites. Then at seven o'clock the Packers at the Bears on Prime. The Packers are a one and a half point favorite. Wow, uh no, I think the Bears are gonna win that game. Yeah, well they should because they basically beg to play them, and that's the team they wanted to play, was the pack It is true. Sunday we have a triple header Bills at Jacksonville at New and the Bills are a one and a half point favorite, Niners at Eagles at three point thirty. The Eagles are now a four and a half point favorite. And then Sunday Night Football Chargers at Pats. The Pats are a three and a half point favorite, and we round out Super wild Card weekend with the Texans at the Steelers. The Texans as of right now, are a three point favorite.
Speaker 8: So it's still four road dogs out of the six right two home favorites, four road favorites.
Speaker 2: Yes, Wow, it's anybody's ballgame. It feels like a bed in there somewhere. Road wins versus home wins. Well, yeah, I think the Rams will definitely win. The Bills, I think will win. I thought you love Jacksonville. No, not anymore on Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Hell, you said he was the best quarterback in the league last Sunday or two.
Speaker 2: Didn't you say the Niners and the Jags were going to be the Super Bowl team? You? I hadn't scrolled down to see the Bills play, and then I scrolled down and saw they were playing Jacksonville. Now I feel like an idiot. Go Jacksonville. That one's in Buffalo. No, it's in Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Are you.
Speaker 2: Do me a favorite?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: I think one of your wires came on the day that.
Speaker 2: Game in Jacksonville. No, it's in h Jacksonville. What just happened? Are you okay?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: And then so he is.
Speaker 1: Your mouth bone is not connected to your earbone?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 8: Bud hit the hit the backwards fifteen second on the podcast, and listen to that again when Parker has said, so it's in Jacksonville and you go, no, it's in Jackson's.
Speaker 2: I thought you said it's in Buffalo. I don't know where we are. And that was a that was a trip, that was something.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you got the bills it all. Then you're a one. Now you're back. Trevor Lard's the Wild Buffalo battle the Crack and tomorrow at nine, that's the final game of their seven game road trip. No, that game's in Seattle. No, it's in jackson The Wolves crushed the heat one twenty two to ninety four for their third straight win and had twenty six. Your Wolves are twenty four and thirteen. They host the Calves tomorrow at seven o'clock, a little home and home, and we play them in Cleveland on Saturday. The college football Playoff Final four is set. Miami battles will Miss tomorrow at six thirty. Miami is a three and a half point favorite, and on Friday, Oregon battles number one ranked Indiana at six thirty and the Chick fil A Peach Bowl. Where are those games?
Speaker 11: So the Peach bowls in Atlanta correct Peach Bowls in Atlanta is the first game I think Arizona.
Speaker 8: Man, I'd take Miami in that first game because isn't the championship game in Miami. Yes, So if Miami wins one more they get to play in Miami at their home stadium.
Speaker 2: That would be pretty wow.
Speaker 3: And they barely made it, they might go to the championship game in their home stadium. That's a hell of an advantage in there. Yeah, they're a three and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: Man, if Indiana plays like they've been playing, ain't nobody gonna beat them?
Speaker 2: Well? That Miami defensive line is outstanding. Yeah, yeah, I think Oregon beats Indiana on front.
Speaker 1: I'm worried about it. I don't think it will happen, but I think it could happen. But they kicked the crap. Well, no, they did not. It was a close game and Oregon wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean, and you have both of the quarterbacks everybody think is going to go one two in the AFT going against each other. It's a huge game. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: What does that means?
Speaker 8: Arizona? Jacksonville beautiful this time of year? Vikings News is supposed to be next. I don't know if there is any, but we'll see. Is the Power Trip Morning Show after this?
Speaker 2: On the event, guys, I'm offended right now, just offended by no, by what I just.
Speaker 3: He was presenting his next idea for a film to me over here, and I'm just I was thrown off and completely offended by what the latest.
Speaker 1: Script is going to be. Yeah, I apologize for the sequel to Uh. I mean because it's one of my films.
Speaker 3: My favorite films of all time is Forrest Gump and his presentation for sorest Rump too, Yeah, was offensive. But I don't think you understand that it's not suppose to be pornographic.
Speaker 2: No, but Humphrey Bogart plays a sore dinosaur.
Speaker 3: Well that don't give away the whole thing, because I want you to rethink it a little bit before we actually do it a little bit late.
Speaker 1: It's a bit by the way, in case you're wondering, Oh, sores Rump, these are actual porn titles, by the way, I love them so much.
Speaker 2: These movies are supposed to be humph free.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're supposed to be hump free.
Speaker 2: How many of the adult versions of them have you seen Hawk, probably all.
Speaker 1: Of them and none of them.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. I don't know the films of the movies I watch. I'm just you know, it's like it's like you're walking through the buffet and you're hungry for everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah he watches the clips, Yeah right, full film.
Speaker 3: That's right. You walk it through the line at the buffet and you're hunger for everything. But this time the macari and cheese looks real good, so you get that. But the next time I come through, I'm I might like the chicken fingers, And the next time I go through, I might like the cream corn.
Speaker 1: I don't know what ud you know what I mean. Thanks, thank you, Thank you for for praying with me, Zacho and also with you.
Speaker 3: It's time for Viking News.
Speaker 1: On the Power Trip, presented by Oh That's Right.
Speaker 3: Brian O'Neal spoke to the assembled media as he was unpacking his locker yesterday.
Speaker 1: I guess packing it up packing in Where's it begin?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: He talked about the season.
Speaker 5: Brian O'Neil, I don't think there's regret because there's a lot of things that it's all out of our control, with injuries and that type of thing, But I sure would have liked to had our full group with out there more than we were.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but you can't.
Speaker 5: You can't have regrets and you gotta leave it all out there and if you can play, play and if you can't, you know, somebody else has to step in. That was kind of the nature of our room and really our team this year.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's got that right. There's a lot of injuries this year.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: I'll say it until I can no longer talk, which some people will cheer that that two week trip to Europe killed us. We were beat up going in.
Speaker 1: I think we were real beat up by the time we got back. Yeah, that's hard mentally and physically. Yeah, that's so, that's what you know. We talked about it before. Park I was saying, that's a long time to be away from home. You don't realize and especially as pro athletes where creatures of habit, creatures of our comfort, and uh uh yeah, so as I could see where that could be very.
Speaker 11: Uh especially especially even the guys.
Speaker 9: That have been playing the game for their whole career, however long a decade or plus. It's something completely different that throws a wrinkle into a pretty short season.
Speaker 2: Well then it's over for the wild yea, is it? They've been gone for two weeks. Well, now that's hockey. Well that's haven't been home in two weeks. Yeah, but it's over for USC. They're at the food court right now. Wait on for Nickelodeon Universe to open up restaurant. Probably shout out to the USC Good morning, guys, go to Shakeshack. Yeah, I hope you lose to the Gophers Friday. They do too, Yes, lose by a ton?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I lose by ton.
Speaker 2: Lose by a ton, got that right. I don't remember the last time I was at the barn to get back?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 2: Was the last time I was there?
Speaker 6: Hawk?
Speaker 2: Was the last time you were there? The day you were coaching?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: That was awesome.
Speaker 1: The first time I met you, you hugged me. I did I remember. We we We had a moment.
Speaker 2: We did. I was actually nervous to say hi to you.
Speaker 3: It was weird because I can remember that moment and I don't remember very much, but me and Maxo and Zaxo were there.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that?
Speaker 3: Zazo ye and he walked up to us, and I was surprised that anybody in that building knew what the power trip was. You did, and you knew and you were so cool and you were injured at the time. I was yes, and and I we started talking about basketball, and I think it.
Speaker 7: Was I thought you knew a little bit more about basketball, but so you didn't listen to the show a ton clearly.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a bit. Yeah, but it was funny. They gave him a white board the whole video.
Speaker 1: I was sitting right in the like the third row behind the coaches. It was a super cool day.
Speaker 2: Super cool.
Speaker 8: See, that's not something Nico would do. He's not giving you a clipboard. This is a serious business. Yeah, we can't afford it. Good morning, USC, Good morning man. Else would they do? I mean they go to Mall of America? What else do you do in Minnesota in January? If you're a USC Putt Putt I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could go do some indoor mini golf.
Speaker 1: Those kids are from California. Right now, they're gonna be doing much outside. No, there's gonna be a warmer here today, though, I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could go to top Golf. They have eaters. Yeah, just launch fun or launch pad or whatever the other place is called, because then after you get done with that, you can go in and find the train machine and play that for a while.
Speaker 1: Hop on the buffalo's take your top off at Top Golf.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just workshopping slow.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's what I don draper of Top.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: So that was Vikings News.
Speaker 1: Why and are you guys?
Speaker 3: I guess surprised is a stupid thing to say, but I guess I didn't really. I did read this and I saw it, but I didn't absorb it. So the Packers Bears game is on Amazon Prime, yes service, right, So and that I mean you have to have Amazon Prime to watch the Packers and the Bears.
Speaker 1: And I got to believe there are a lot of homes in Green Bay that don't have cable or any internet access.
Speaker 8: I believe those games still end up locally broadcast. I think, all right, guys, that was like Netflix. If you didn't have Netflix on Christmas or on Christmas Day, Yeah, you can still watch the Vikings locally.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 8: So I think those markets still have to make it available if you don't have Prime, but everybody else has to have Prime.
Speaker 3: It's pretty interesting, isn't it. To NFL playoffs being on a pay service. It's I'm going to tell you right now. Ten years ago, we would never believed that the NFL would do something like that. No, are They've doing it and it's working.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is working.
Speaker 3: The NFL signed eleven year, one hundred and eleven billion dollar media package in twenty twenty one that runs through twenty thirty three.
Speaker 8: Well, do you guys remember to go you go back ten years, You're like, Man, my cable bills one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: What a rip off?
Speaker 8: And now with all the streaming services and the cable and the internet, I think my monthly bill total is something like forty three thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or your target bill?
Speaker 8: Yes, well, I mean it's nuts, it is crazy, it's insane, it's completely nuts.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there you go. But the but that said, I will pay even though I was already buying it because the NFL postseason is the best thing going.
Speaker 4: It just is.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: The last game of the season was the best a game of the season.
Speaker 8: Yep, what's better the NFL postseason or actual Amazon Prime?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: The postseason and the NFL.
Speaker 8: And I don't know I'm not talking about just the TV programming. I'm saying that the delivery service Amazon Prime, you can only have. You can only have one Amazon Prime Amazon or the NFL playoffs.
Speaker 1: No NFL Playoffs come on.
Speaker 2: No Amazon Prime. Because I just asked Max over one of his websites and I'd watch it on that. And also, you don't want to go to the store, Yeah, you want it dropped off at your doorsteps. You can go to your porch and slip. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Get that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Best the best? Yeah that videos that Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: How about the uh SI dot com article regarding this headline, did the Falcons open the door for Kirk Cousins' return to Minnesota? How would we feel about that?
Speaker 1: Because I got to tell you I'd be a fan.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's the perfect example of what if they're looking for the middle of the road, somebody that could take great Okay, sorry, anyway, he's the best. I wish you would pretend like you knew what you were talking about. I do, but he's the best example of that, Like middle of the road.
Speaker 1: Could I wish you around the middle of the road.
Speaker 2: I'm going to pretend the rest of the day that you are.
Speaker 3: Is that a stop sign cause your head and you're so.
Speaker 2: Skinny anyway, you were saying that kurse in the middle of the road. Yeah, he's just the perfect probably the perfect example of what they're looking for, one of those middle of the road guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Parker quit, Yeah, getting out of here. I would like Kirk. That'd be fun me too, man, Right, he's a good guy. I just want to win.
Speaker 2: But the only reason I'm now anti Kirk and I like.
Speaker 8: Kirk as a guy. Obviously he's been nice to the show over the years. I'm not cheering against him. If he comes back, that's fine, But like, I don't think that's like if you bring somebody in to quote compete against JJ, it should be somebody that can win.
Speaker 2: The job this year and long term it's almost done. That's fair.
Speaker 8: I want somebody that can win it and then be the quarterback for the next like five years. And that's why I know Powetr Bets love Sam Donald, but that's why the people that wanted somebody like Donald is like Donald still has a five plus year window.
Speaker 3: Well, and I do think people do forget as well. We had a beat up buffensive line that might have gotten Donald killed. H you can't ye or anybody?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah Wentz killed?
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, I know that poor guy? Right?
Speaker 3: And do you think I'm not casting aspersions? I don't even know what those are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that loone.
Speaker 1: Am I going to cast them? But do you think.
Speaker 3: I heard people complaining said, uh that JJ mack pulled himself out because of a hurt hand, and Carson wentz is left side of his body died on the field, know what I mean? And he wouldn't come off the field. Is that a mindset thing or is that an overreaction by fandom?
Speaker 2: It can be both.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because also Carson was being a warrior when the games still mattered, the vikings were still mathematically and it JJ had nothing to play for. But again, I still think you have the right to be upset that he pulled himself out, even in a meaningless game. Yeah, both can be true.
Speaker 2: And I think when everybody talks about how I have about a talk he can't stand the game, he doesn't finish games, and then the last game, a meaningless game, you fall yourself out. Yeah it just looks bad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's what it is the look of it, where people are like for the future quarterback. You need a guy that's gonna play in the games. You can't have a guy that's gonna sub out all the time.
Speaker 2: He can't win. Like, Yeah, one of those highlights I think was it's Matthew Stafford. He can barely move his throwing arm. They're like three and twelve at the time, right, and he keeps himself in the game, and I think he threw like a game when he touched out. You need a guy like that. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's the mental kind of toughness side, And I think when it comes from JJ, you see all this like kind of wizardry stuff he's doing. He talks about how mentally tough he is and everything. It's like, well, then go and show us, like, go prove it to the fans that you're the guy.
Speaker 3: By the way, I mentioned a move by the Falcons, mister Mark Parrish, check this out brother. The Falcons, which Field Gates reported this on Tuesday, reduced Kirk cousins Is twenty twenty six base cell from thirty five million dollars to two point one million dollars. That thirty two point nine million dollar difference goes into twenty twenty seven, giving him a sixty seven point nine million dollar guarantee for that season. That guarantee will vest on March thirteenth, the third day of the new league year, which makes that an obvious deadline for the Falcons to either release Cousins or work out a new contract to keep him. Given the presence of Michael PENNICKX Junior and the potential for salary cap relief, the former seems more logical. So it does look like he'll be available.
Speaker 2: And they're gonna save sixty million. Yeah on that deal.
Speaker 9: That sounds like an absolutely no brainer. Obviously, if they've found their quarterback of the future.
Speaker 2: Well, they don't really save it. It's still a case against the cap they still have. Kirk's getting all of that money. Yeah, his guaranteed money doesn't change at all. They're just moving the numbers around to the cap number is different. But he didn't lose thirty million in this restructure and he's getting all of it. Oh, good for him. Yea.
Speaker 8: Kirk's not taking a pay cut. There's no reason he should. He's been screwed the last year. He's he's not happy.
Speaker 2: You don't do that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Yeah, the no guaranteed contracts at football. That one astonishes me a little bit. But anyway, uh no, I I mean I'm with Cory when it comes to the quarterback, even even if Cousins is available, and I mean maybe for one year or whatever. But I just worry about the controversy, the quarterback controversy. If McCarthy's just struggling, maybe just a little bit early on or whatnot, And if it's going to be a if it's going to be somebody, I don't want it to be, well let's wait for another draft style thing.
Speaker 2: But I know quarterbacks don't grow on trees too.
Speaker 8: No Cousins is thirty seven. So again, if we let's just let's say let's say JJ. Let's say this team was a super Bowl team and JJ had a season ending injury in Week four.
Speaker 2: Is Kirk the kind of guy you're like, let's get him.
Speaker 8: Quickly because he's ready, he knows, he's a pro, he can handle well, then sure, he's a great Like, let's place the call and see what we can get him here for a year.
Speaker 2: He's a good gun for hire. Yeah, but at thirty seven, now it's like I don't know. Again, that's the whole.
Speaker 8: Like Joe Burrow Lamar Jackson, all those big rumored trades. If you do those those, that's your quarterback for the next five to ten years.
Speaker 2: That's what you need. You don't need the fill in the gap, the one of those middle of the road guys. Yeah, pretend more band aids. Nope. Yeah, And I think we're thirty million over the cap too. I think cap Smith.
Speaker 11: Yeah, whatever you want's the second.
Speaker 2: Course to the league. Yeah, it's bad. They're second worst than the league, but they'll quickly move when they you know, we got bresient. Hawkinson will be gone, Aaron Jones will be gone. I think Hargrave will be gone. Ryan Kelly will be gone. That probably solves it right there. Ya restructure a few guys. There'll be plumbing no time. Plumb plumb Yeah, like Professor plumb. No, like uh and that when you like plumber coul Yeah. But like when you screw something in and that's plum, like it's perfect flush yeah or that like Colonel Mustard. No, not, everything's about clue had a plumb before? Have I had what a plum before? I think so?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I look like one pretty like mister Green No you miss Scarlett, missus Peacock is white?
Speaker 2: What hawk?
Speaker 8: Yes, all of them, especially the ones from the film, which is great. Again you haven't seen it? Correct, No, it holds up. It's really good.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, forty year anniversary last year right. I believe it was a nineteen eighty five film. CLU, watch it. It's really good. Holds up or it doesn't. Whatever, I like it.
Speaker 8: Watch uh fan five and a second headlines later. Parker Fox is here, Mark Parrish is here.
Speaker 2: This is the power true jowing around